TheMatrix31
10-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Our LB corps is a dumpster fire.

jaayteetx
10-22-2013, 04:29 PM
We're so screwed:kubepalm:

SCOTTexans
His agent says hes 100% healthy.... when has that ever been true.

texanhead08
We should be in tank mode by the next game.

michaelm
10-22-2013, 04:31 PM

Awesome, I gotta steal this for my sig. Hope you don't mind.

Norg
10-22-2013, 04:31 PM
commence TANK MODE the only way to be 100% out of cap hell is to cut all dees suckas get rdy folks this off season we will be losing alot of our star players more then u think

michaelm
10-22-2013, 04:32 PM

Awesome. I gotta steal this for my sig. Hope you don't mind.

Rey
10-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Never should have made this years squad in the first place.

RTP2110
10-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Gives his replacement two weeks to get up to speed.

htowntexans1985
Bryan braman should be next.

HouTx11
This team has so many needs now that it is not even funny.

TEXANRED
10-22-2013, 04:38 PM
So we have got 2 weeks to find two MLB's and 1 OLB midway through the season.

Vance87
10-22-2013, 04:38 PM
Super Bowl or bust.

TexansFight
10-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Full on tank mode. Bob McNair better not think he can get away with bringing Kubiak and Smith back next season. Flush Smithiak down the toilet!!

HOU-TEX
10-22-2013, 04:57 PM
Dude wasn't good anyways. That said, we have 0 depth at all LB spots now. We're in great shape. :lol:

imatexan
10-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Why cut him NOW that all of our depth disappears?

htowntexans1985
10-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Damn, let go on your bye week. Kinda like getting fired on your day off.

DX-TEX
10-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Why cut him NOW that all of our depth disappears?

Something else is up?

CloakNNNdagger
10-22-2013, 05:20 PM
He missed all of OTAs in preference to building his own home, and has not been able to shake hamstring problems. His commitment and conditioning has been lacking.

steelbtexan
10-22-2013, 05:28 PM
I'm very interested in seeing how Tuggle performs.

He has really good potential.

Texian
10-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Smubiak has officially pushed theP*A*N*I*C button.

Grams
10-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Has Dobbins even played a down this year?

CloakNNNdagger
10-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Has Dobbins even played a down this year?

Since the 3rd game, he has not been activated. He has NO stats for the 3 games, and I don't even remember him being out on the field except during a couple of preseason games. No loss!

Rey
10-22-2013, 05:42 PM
We had a few young talented LB's and Dlinemen in the pre season. I would seek those guys out if possible. Davis, Collins....

We had some nice young Dlinemen as well.

And speaking of LB's where has Braman been. Is he hurt? I habent even seen him on special teams. Did I miss us cutting him or him getting injured?

CloakNNNdagger
10-22-2013, 05:45 PM
We had a few young talented LB's and Dlinemen in the pre season. I would seek those guys out if possible. Davis, Collins....

And speaking of LB's where has Braman been. Is he hurt? I habent even seen him on special teams. Did I miss us cutting him or him getting injured?

I thought I saw Braman out there last week. He certainly has been invisible for most of the 1st 6 games.

Rey
10-22-2013, 05:55 PM
I thought I saw Braman out there last week. He certainly has been invisible for most of the 1st 6 games.

He used to stick out like a sore thumb on st. I wonder what is going in with him.

10-22-2013, 05:59 PM

http://freddyo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/ice-cube-wants-to-do-another-Friday.jpg

htowntexans1985
10-22-2013, 06:07 PM

Braman is usually the first one down their falling on his arse. Hasn't even recorded a tackle.

burro
10-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Not a huge loss. For all he's contributed thus far, we could just sign someone off of a practice squad. Brandon Copeland is available.

CloakNNNdagger
10-22-2013, 06:13 PM
He used to stick out like a sore thumb on st. I wonder what is going in with him.

Before this last game, he was dealing with problems with every moving part of his body.........neck, knee, hamstring and shoulder. I can't hardly believe last week's Injury Report saw him as mysteriously overcoming all of them.:kitten:

Hottoddie
10-22-2013, 06:17 PM
They sure are cleaning house. I wonder if they have a trade or two working, or could they be fixing to go on a practice squad raid? I'm looking at the current PS's of the various teams & came upon one LB that looks intriguing on the Colts roster. Any draftniks got any opinions about Josh Mcnary out of Army in 2010? His college bio looks interesting.

http://www.colts.com/team/roster/Josh-McNary/74320177-8aec-4715-bef0-519cd9803449

ObsiWan
10-22-2013, 06:18 PM
He missed all of OTAs in preference to building his own home, and has not been able to shake hamstring problems. His commitment and conditioning has been lacking.

Well, now he has all kinds of time.

TheIronDuke
10-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Great, we have come down to poaching dudes that can't make starting rosters. We sure have come full-circle, feels a lot alike the Asserly era.

Hottoddie
10-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Great, we have come down to poaching dudes that can't make starting rosters. We sure have come full-circle, feels a lot alike the Asserly era.

There's some quality talent on the PS's that just need to be coached up a little bit. While most of them never make it, there are some gems that can't make the roster due to the quality of the depth at their position. Foster & Keenum come to mind on the Texans.

TheIronDuke
10-22-2013, 06:43 PM
I'm aware that there are some good players that come from practice squads. However, I'd rather us draft actual quality players in late rounds instead of trying to piece a team made up of other teams scrubs. I wouldn't just go using Keenum as an example of a good PS player just yet, there are plenty of other examples throughout the league.

Nawzer
10-22-2013, 06:50 PM
Sometimes I hate it when I'm right.

DX-TEX
10-22-2013, 06:55 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_NFL_team_rosters

Link for all 32 teams current rosters including practice squads.

Playoffs
10-22-2013, 07:07 PM
Dobbins let go

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

steds
10-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Super Bowl or bust.

I think it's safe to just say bust at this point.

silvrhand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pW2bE61Z9U

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Brisco_County
To think that this was the guy commanding the defense last year after both Cushing and Sharpton were injured.

But I'll never forget the goal line stand he made against Ray Rice and the Ravens on 4th down in the 2011 playoff game.

drs23
10-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Something else is up?

He's the one that stuffed the blunt then hauled ass. :kitten:

TejasTom
10-22-2013, 07:51 PM
They sure are cleaning house...

Should call it the bye bye week.

See ya.

To think that this was the guy commanding the defense last year after both Cushing and Sharpton were injured.

But I'll never forget the goal line stand he made against Ray Rice and the Ravens on 4th down in the 2011 playoff game.

Awesome play.

dalemurphy
10-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Texans are making history.

In the history of the NFL, I bet the following has never happened:

Within 24 hours of injuries to the top 2 backs on the depth chart, the team cuts the 3rd back on the depth chart.

and

Within 24 hours of the starting LB being lost for the year, the team cuts two rookie LBs and the veteran backup LB.

According to my math, even after accounting for Ray Graham's activation from the practice squad, the Texans have 49 men on the current roster. Add to the fact that they were trying out QBs yesterday and it is even weirder.

Hey, at least the bye week won't be boring.

thunderkyss
10-22-2013, 08:08 PM

Sounds like somebody just had a come to Jesus moment & realized what kind of atmosphere he's cultivated in the locker room.

Lambert
10-22-2013, 08:25 PM

Rice ran towards the right side of the D-line. Brooks Reed who had been plugging the A gap but had been knocked down, rose from the ground and stopped Ray Rice head on. Dobbins came in and cleaned him up. It was Brooks Reed who made that play happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9O2Ti55l4E

76Texan
10-22-2013, 08:33 PM
Dobbins saw ONE (1) snap on D, and 49 on ST.
Braman logs 16 and 139.
Jefferson 18 and 34
Tuggle 23 and 111.

Looks like Tuggle, Braman, and Mohamed will see more snaps.

Brisco_County
10-22-2013, 09:13 PM
Dobbins saw ONE (1) snap on D, and 49 on ST.
Braman logs 16 and 139.
Jefferson 18 and 34
Tuggle 23 and 111.

Looks like Tuggle, Braman, and Mohamed will see more snaps.

Mohamed looked surprisingly good in the KC game.

Brisco_County
10-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Rice ran towards the right side of the D-line. Brooks Reed who had been plugging the A gap but had been knocked down, rose from the ground and stopped Ray Rice head on. Dobbins came in and cleaned him up. It was Brooks Reed who made that play happen.

Good call. I had always thought Dobbins was the hero on that play.

76Texan
10-22-2013, 09:17 PM

He did play a little for the Broncos last year, 18 snaps, with 17 of them on ST.

thunderkyss
10-22-2013, 09:27 PM

It's odd that the two newest guys on the team made to the two biggest plays on ST.

Texanmike02
10-22-2013, 09:35 PM

He was stealing boxes.

Mike

TejasTom
10-22-2013, 09:39 PM
It's odd that the two newest guys on the team made to the two biggest plays on ST.

Not enough time for Joe to coach the greatness out of them.

utahmark
10-22-2013, 09:41 PM

I'm going to miss playoff football this year.

76Texan
10-22-2013, 09:58 PM
Not enough time for Joe to coach the greatness out of them.

LOL!

DocBar
10-22-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm going to miss playoff football this year.Why? There will still be NFL playoff games. You just won't have to worry about how the Texans will manage to fyuk it up. It's really kind of liberating in a weird kind of way.

Vance87
10-23-2013, 12:55 AM
I'm going to miss playoff football this year.

Man, I'll never forget that Ravens game. That defense played with a fire that I haven't seen since.

Wolf6151
10-23-2013, 02:32 AM
Never should have made this years squad in the first place.

I thought the same thing. I like Mike Mohamed better.

Vinny
10-23-2013, 11:07 AM
this much roster churn at the bottom of the roster tells me that the Texans did a poor job in the preseason. I don't ever recall seeing a team cut this many players at the end of the roster at mid season.

TheIronDuke
10-23-2013, 11:16 AM
this much roster churn at the bottom of the roster tells me that the Texans did a poor job in the preseason. I don't ever recall seeing a team cut this many players at the end of the roster at mid season.

Worst part in my opinion about all of this is that we kept these dudes and cut Chris Jones who we used a draft pick on. He's now with the Patriots and has started 2 games for them and has 3.5 sacks and 18 tackles. Looks like he would've been the high motor player next to Watt that we all wanted.

Hervoyel
10-23-2013, 11:16 AM

What's worse is that it's damn near just a big LB mess. Cushing down, Dobbins, Montgomery, and Jefferson given a road map and a apple. We got four LB positions to fill.

The RB situation is no big deal. We can fill that in any number of ways without any trouble. LB though.... we're screwed there.

Now I'm perfectly willing to believe that there's a LB out there who can help us sitting on someone's practice squad. 31 other practice squads out there to dig through tells me we could find one guy pretty easily. Throw in the street free agents in our price range and I bet we find two of them.

Four? Not going to happen.

Vinny
10-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Worst part in my opinion about all of this is that we kept these dudes and cut Chris Jones who we used a draft pick on. He's now with the Patriots and has started 2 games for them and has 3.5 sacks and 18 tackles. Looks like he would've been the high motor player next to Watt that we all wanted. everyone is excited about him up in Boston...ugh

What's worse is that it's damn near just a big LB mess. Cushing down, Dobbins, Montgomery, and Jefferson given a road map and a apple. We got four LB positions to fill.

The RB situation is no big deal. We can fill that in any number of ways without any trouble. LB though.... we're screwed there.

Now I'm perfectly willing to believe that there's a LB out there who can help us sitting on someone's practice squad. 31 other practice squads out there to dig through tells me we could find one guy pretty easily. Throw in the street free agents in our price range and I bet we find two of them.

Four? Not going to happen.
The 1-6 Giants needed inside help and swing a deal for Jon Beason. Beason is adjusting well and is now leading that defense. Hell, he won't fix the Giants but he is helping cover a big hole. It's funny how some organizations move fast and start fixing problems and how we move at glacial speed. Perhaps this trash can dumpster of a season can help McNair realize that his slow, plodding organization needs to find a way to maneuver quicker with their moves around the league. The Kubiak offense has the same dystopia in that it doesn't really evolve very quickly either. It's too much of a good ol boy system it seems.

Hervoyel
10-23-2013, 11:32 AM
I hear you. That's kind of where I'm at with filling all four spots with anyone worth a damn. I don't see the Texans even imagining the dynamic steps that would be required to find a player who could really fix any of this. We'll get a good PS LB from someone. We'll find a guy at a bargain price like Ruud was last year who will contribute and who some of us will take a shine to. That's about it.

No trades are going to happen and nobody is going to come out of nowhere to have a break out season. We're just not that kind of team. We "grind" our way to success in a slow, methodical, controlled, and "sincere" process that all of the coaches and front office personnel are in agreement over.

6 wins and no, two of them won't be against the Jaguars. They'll beat our butts at some point this year. This is exactly the kind of season where you get beat by a team like that if you're a team like ours.

ArlingtonTexan
10-23-2013, 11:44 AM

Sticks out here because the Texans. Really are not roster churners. Sme teams tell anybody who is not in the top 40 on the roster to. Have a suitcase ready. Really does not fit our slow...ooops steady as you good methods

Bulls on Parade
10-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Worst part in my opinion about all of this is that we kept these dudes and cut Chris Jones who we used a draft pick on. He's now with the Patriots and has started 2 games for them and has 3.5 sacks and 18 tackles. Looks like he would've been the high motor player next to Watt that we all wanted.
He's been a nice surprise for the Patriots and filling in nicely for Vince Wilfork. But he also makes a lot of mistakes as well. Didn't he make the costly penalty that lost the game for the Patriots?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/penalty-patriots-butt-joke-article-1.1491343

The kid can obviously play and has been good for a sixth-round pick but if we had kept him, I don't see our 2-5 situation being any better to be honest. I think we can find a better nose tackle in the upcoming draft. We need to draft an inside linebacker in the first or second round, in my opinion.

TheIronDuke
10-23-2013, 03:42 PM
We've been looking for a nose tackle since Seth Payne played. We've been saying we can find a NT in the draft forever and drafted the huge bust Dookie Howser in the top 10 to hopefully find one. I agree that we wouldn't be undefeated if we had kept him, but at least it would be somebody on the DL besides Watt who can get a sack maybe.

Rey
10-23-2013, 04:48 PM
He's been a nice surprise for the Patriots and filling in nicely for Vince Wilfork. But he also makes a lot of mistakes as well. Didn't he make the costly penalty that lost the game for the Patriots?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/penalty-patriots-butt-joke-article-1.1491343

The kid can obviously play and has been good for a sixth-round pick but if we had kept him, I don't see our 2-5 situation being any better to be honest. I think we can find a better nose tackle in the upcoming draft. We need to draft an inside linebacker in the first or second round, in my opinion.

I'm rarely ok with letting good players go to keep not as good players. Especially when it seemed it was fairly obvious that player let go had a brighter future.

Trail.Blazr
10-24-2013, 11:06 AM
It's too much of a good ol boy system it seems.

Amen. It is what it is, but it certainly comes with handcuffs in regards to acquiring "Football Players"

If it was the NMRL (National Mr. Rodgers League), we'd already have won a Super Bowl by now, I'm CERTAIN!!

But I digress.. I don't own the team, I just cheer...

darnbni99a
10-24-2013, 11:54 AM
tank mode indeed

CloakNNNdagger
10-24-2013, 05:34 PM
tank mode indeed

This isn't a tank mode...................if it were, season ticket holders should get together and pay a "cordial" visit, not to Schaub's or Kubiak's house, but Bob's Place............with pitchforks and torches.....

Dishman
10-24-2013, 08:25 PM
This isn't a tank mode...................if it were, season ticket holders should get together and pay a "cordial" visit, not to Schaub's or Kubiak's house, but Bob's Place............with pitchforks and torches.....

Which is why it's top-secret tank mode.

http://dressedtoat.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/topsecret_thumbnail1.png

Hervoyel
10-25-2013, 10:47 AM
Which is why it's top-secret tank mode.

http://dressedtoat.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/topsecret_thumbnail1.png

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/DeanWormerFaberCollegeAnimalHouse_zps9685ad0b.jpg
That's right. As of this moment I'm placing the Texans on Double-Secret Tank Mode!