PDA

View Full Version : Bud Adams Passes Away

Dutchrudder
10-21-2013, 11:07 AM
@BrentZwerneman: Bud Adams has passed away in Houston, a source has told me.

Do with that what you will.

Rey
10-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Wow

Texan_Bill
10-21-2013, 11:15 AM

I would dance a jig but I'm still in mourning over the loss of OA "Bum" Phillips.

toronto
10-21-2013, 11:15 AM
This is will be one hell of a thread, which BTW is where I think he winds up.

No I won't be respectful. Neg rep me all you want.

Dutchrudder
10-21-2013, 11:18 AM
This is will be one hell of a thread, which BTW is where I think he winds up.

No I won't be respectful. Neg rep me all you want.

Well, I know what Bud would say to that...

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/FTxHuUGG_2c/hqdefault.jpg

CloakNNNdagger
10-21-2013, 11:21 AM
Ironic that he just commented on Bum's passing.

“We are very sad to hear of the passing of Bum Phillips. He meant a great deal to this franchise, the NFL and the city of Houston, and he was instrumental to the Oilers during the ‘Luv Ya Blue’ era.

“Growing up in Texas and working his way up through the Texas football ranks, he was a natural match for our team. Those were such magical years, and his leadership and personality helped our team rise to the top. He became an iconic figure on our sideline.

“Our thoughts are with his family, and we know he will be missed.”

Dread-Head
10-21-2013, 11:25 AM
I would dance a jig but I'm still in mourning over the loss of OA "Bum" Phillips.

This would NORMALLY be when I would blindly agree with the illustrious Texan Bill, but I will take NO "joy" in the passing away of a human being even if it is someone whom I reviled; however, now that he's gone I will gladly raise a toast to the Tennessee Titans if they EVER win a Superbowl knowing that he'll never get his grubby fingers on the greatest trophy in sports. :trophy:

FirstTexansFan
10-21-2013, 11:27 AM
The only sadness I feel is Bum didn't have the opportunity to outlive the old goat.

MEGA SWATT
10-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Yes, weird how they died within 3 days of one another. Bud Adams fired Bum Phillips and yrs later moved the franchise to TN. Not exactly well liked here in Houston.

I will still say RIP.

Thorn
10-21-2013, 11:32 AM
meh.....dust to dust an all that.

toronto

Kinda How I feel, but I just have zero sadness for this one.

chicagotexan2

Esto^^^^^

Hervoyel
10-21-2013, 11:35 AM
I'm going to need a grave site location and a roll of toilet paper.

Maybe a plate of enchiladas and some Schlitz beer the afternoon before I go pay my "respects"

brakos82
10-21-2013, 11:36 AM
http://www.shadowserv.net/quoticons/tombstone-well-bye.gif

Texan_Bill
10-21-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm going to need a grave site location and a roll of toilet paper.

Maybe a plate of enchiladas and some Schlitz beer the afternoon before I go pay my "respects"

HA!! Well played sirs!

PapaL
10-21-2013, 11:40 AM

HA!! Well played sirs!

What they said.

htowntexans1985
10-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Bum might have called him so he could open up a can of whoop ass up their.

houstonspartan
I almost felt sorry for the guy. He made a massive mistake by moving a historical team with a loyal fan base. Then, after doing so, the city he left - Houston - built a massive, state-of-the-art stadium, which is what he wanted.

Then, the city of Houston's economy boomed, and the city became one of the wealthiest in the country, which meant that the NFL expansion team that came here eventually capitalized on all that wealth, and become one of the richest franchises in all of sports. Meanwhile, his team is in a small NFL market.

Bud was a human being, and no way could those things not eat at him. Especially since he continued to live in Houston.

And, it's not that he moved the team; it's that he did with with such venom: and took the name, continued to use the colors, insisted that no other team could use the Oiler name, etc.

I'm not originally from Houston, so I have no dog in this fight; but, I kinda feel bad for Oiler fans in a way.

But, oh well. Without Bud, I wouldn't have my Texans. So there's that.

Edited to add: my condolences to the family.

Hervoyel
Chronic is reporting it now. I think it might actually have happened.

It feels like a great weight has been lifted from the world. It's really over and I'm going to take a lot of satisfaction in knowing he's no longer stealing oxygen from this world.

UKTexan
10-21-2013, 11:44 AM
Well, I know what Bud would say to that...

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/FTxHuUGG_2c/hqdefault.jpg

What's the story behind that pic?

gwallaia
10-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Let's try to remain respectful ladies and gentlemen. Irregardless of our feelings toward Bud, let's remain respectful of his family and Bud.

houstonspartan
10-21-2013, 11:50 AM
Let's try to remain respectful ladies and gentlemen. Regardless of our feelings toward Bud, let's remain respectful of his family and Bud.

Agree. I forgot to add "my condolences" to my post.

A person passing is sad, regardless of who it is.

toronto
10-21-2013, 11:50 AM
Let's try to remain respectful ladies and gentlemen. Regardless of our feelings toward Bud, let's remain respectful of his family and Bud.

I will bite my tongue (or in this case fingers) to keep it clean.

Norg
10-21-2013, 12:00 PM
I just started to think I wonder if bum realized he made a mastike moving the team why move your team from the 4th largest city and move to a much smaller city in Nashville

I mean money wise it didn't make sense

I really think sonner or later no doubt he would of got a brand new stadium here and well I think he could of won some CHampships here

FirstTexansFan
10-21-2013, 12:01 PM
I don't foresee we old timers biting our tongues :kitten:

Speedy
10-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Agree. I forgot to add "my condolences" to my post.

A person passing is sad, regardless of who it is.

Yeah it is sad. But what people say about you after you pass tells you a little something about that person. See Bum's thread, then take a look at this one.

My condolences go to the Adams family for their loss, but as for the man himself, color me indifferent.

Texian
10-21-2013, 12:03 PM
I can't find where a reputable news source that has confirmed this.

NastyNate
10-21-2013, 12:03 PM
http://collegetimes.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/tv-addiction-emma-stone-meh-gif.gif

FirstTexansFan
10-21-2013, 12:04 PM

http://www.nfl.com/

NastyNate
10-21-2013, 12:04 PM

nfl.com

Hervoyel
10-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Let's try to remain respectful ladies and gentlemen. Irregardless of our feelings toward Bud, let's remain respectful of his family and Bud.

No. Can't do it and won't do it. Hate this man worse than anyone I can think of.

Norg
10-21-2013, 12:10 PM
so uhhh who is the owner NOW and dis this mean the titans might be lookin to move to LA ..??????

I don't know why no NFL team is not there yet the LA market is HUGGGEEE!!!!

Stemp
10-21-2013, 12:11 PM

My sentiments exactly.

Thorn
10-21-2013, 12:12 PM
No. Can't do it and won't do it. Hate this man worse than anyone I can think of.

Bud Adams was a piece of $hit who is now dead. Good riddance and all that, but I'm not really in the mood to give this very much emotion right now. I'm more concerned about the Texans than Bud Adams. We all knew the old buzzard was gonna die at some point.

Texan_Bill
10-21-2013, 12:13 PM

Well stated Herv! My sentiments exactly!

Pollardized
10-21-2013, 12:14 PM

I have to disagree with you. There is no way anyone who loved the Houston Oilers could remain respectful of Bud Adams. I worked for an accountant years ago who happened to be the team CFO when John McMullen was owner of the Astros. He was involved in many meetings with bud adams. He said adams did not give a damn about anything or anyone but himself. When told the things he wanted would not be best for fans or others involved, he said it didn't matter what the fans wanted, it was his way or else.

The city of Houston supported the Oilers even after adams' miserable firing of Bum Phillips. I'm getting pissed thinking about him. Respect is earned, and bud adams does not deserve the respect of anyone who grew up loving the Houston Oilers.

Exascor
10-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Glad he never held a Lombardi in celebration.

htowntexans1985
10-21-2013, 12:19 PM
@McClain_on_NFL : The last game Bud
Adams was able to attend was the Titans'
OT loss to Texans in September. His
health had been failing.

toronto
10-21-2013, 12:22 PM
What's the story behind that pic?

He hated the Bills and 35-3 represented (logically) his low point as owner of the franchise.

So anytime his club beat the Bills, like a couple of yrs ago, he took great pleasure in it.

BleedsRocketRed
10-21-2013, 12:22 PM
health had been failing.

Pure. Freaking. Gold

How ironic...

Texan_Bill
10-21-2013, 12:24 PM
I don't foresee we old timers biting our tongues :kitten:

Who you calling "old timers", old timer?? :swatter:

Marcus
10-21-2013, 12:30 PM
meh.....dust to dust an all that.

Yeah, I guess I could be polite and settle form that, but f'ck it.

RIH POS!

FirstTexansFan
10-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Who you calling "old timers", old timer?? :swatter:

I meant old timers in reference to our many years as Oiler fans... I go back to 1967 when one of the offensive linemen was a HS friend of my mothers. I got to be a football boy that year, and I was a diehard fan up until Fud fired Bum Phillips. I ceased to watch the NFL at that time, and didn't resume until the Texans came into existence. Lucky for me I didn't have the heartache that many of you felt when they blew the game in Buffalo. In hindsight, that was a blessing, because then Fud would have had his grimy hands on a SB trophy :)

Now, if we wanna discuss OLDTIMERS we can always include Thorn in this conversation.... as for me, I'm a youthful, handsome, 55yr old Adonis :)

Thorn
10-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Now, if we wanna discuss OLDTIMERS we can always include Thorn in this conversation.... as for me, I'm a youthful, handsome, 55yr old Adonis :)

I'm still smarter and better looking than everyone who posts here. Dammit.

FirstTexansFan
10-21-2013, 12:37 PM

I'm not gonna argue with the "smarter" LOL

Wolf6151
10-21-2013, 12:39 PM

My sentiments exactly.

Prayers for his family though.

disaacks3
10-21-2013, 12:44 PM

health had been failing.

That about covers it.

Pollardized
10-21-2013, 12:50 PM
Bum got to heaven and God said "Bum, you lived a great life on Earth, you were a believer, a follower of Christ, and a man who was admired and loved by all. As a reward I want to give you anything you desire."

Bum thought about it for awhile, and said "God, I want to give all the Houston football fans the one thing they desire most in life."

God said "a Super Bowl championship this year?"

Bum said "not exactly."

And HELL had a special new resident.

Texan_Bill
10-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Bum got to heaven and God said "Bum, you lived a great life on Earth, you were a believer, a follower of Christ, and a man who was admired and loved by all. As a reward I want to give you anything you desire."

Bum thought about it for awhile, and said "God, I want to give all the Houston football fans the one thing they desire most in life."

God said "a Super Bowl championship this year?"

Bum said "not exactly."

And HELL had a special new resident.

Nice!!

Wolf
10-21-2013, 12:53 PM
health had been failing.

Too bad it wasn't in the playoffs

However he is still getting the last laugh being city of houston is still paying on the astrodome

I will say condolenses to his family though

Dread-Head
10-21-2013, 12:53 PM

Agreed....

burro
10-21-2013, 12:55 PM
I want to be a decent human being and say RIP and let it die...but honestly, this comes to mind

http://youtu.be/Dkq7WZTzkLQ

htowntexans1985
10-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Too bad it wasn't in the playoffs

However he is still getting the last laugh being city of houston is still paying on the astrodome

I will say condolenses to his family though

Every game against the Texans was his playoffs. He hated them.

Dread-Head
10-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Every game against the Texans was his playoffs. He hated them.

(singing) A-B-C-D-E F-HIM!

UKTexan
10-21-2013, 01:46 PM
He hated the Bills and 35-3 represented (logically) his low point as owner of the franchise.

So anytime his club beat the Bills, like a couple of yrs ago, he took great pleasure in it.

Thanks, I wondered if it had been at Oilers fans when he took the franchise to Memphis,

b0ng
10-21-2013, 01:56 PM
I am now feeling the exact opposite emotion that I felt when Bum passed. You can take that however you want.

Double Barrel
10-21-2013, 02:15 PM
I kinda' figured this news after I turned on the radio and heard McClain making a case for Bud in the Football Hall of Fame.

So...uhhh....yeah. Not going to get into much about But the owner and this city, but I will say thank you to Bud for his service to our country. And that's about all the good that I can say for the man, with the possible exception that at least he was man enough to admit his greatest mistake in life was killing the Oilers and taking them from Houston.

Dread-Head
10-21-2013, 02:20 PM
I kinda' figured this news after I turned on the radio and heard McClain making a case for Bud in the Football Hall of Fame....

NO!

eriadoc
10-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Mama said to say nothing at all, so I won't.

Exascor
10-21-2013, 03:01 PM

Your Mama would say it's ok to make an exception in this case. Let it rip.

Porky
10-21-2013, 03:04 PM
I heard he demanded a retractable roof Mausoleum on city property, and if the lesbo in chief won't come through, he will move to LA where the city will build him a wonderful new mausoleum with luxury pillow and angels singing 24/7.

Pollardized
10-21-2013, 03:06 PM
I heard he demanded a retractable roof Mausoleum on city property, and if the lesbo in chief won't come through, he will move to LA where the city will build him a wonderful new mausoleum with luxury pillow and angels singing 24/7.

Can't we just make improvements to the existing one and pay for it over the next 20 years?

BleedsRocketRed
10-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Can't we just make improvements to the existing one and pay for it over the next 20 years?

No, 30 years. With interest of course.

Vance87
10-21-2013, 04:11 PM
Still a kid when the Oilers left, so I really didn't care about it too much, but my dad hated him. So. RIP Bud, ya salty ol' bastard.

HOU-TEX
10-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Heard McClain giving Adams a virtual BJ on NFLN at lunch today. Said the fans in Houston don't appreciate what he did for the NFL. Blah, blah, gurgle, slurp, gurgle...

Damn sow titty!

Thorn
10-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Heard McClain giving Adams a virtual BJ on NFLN at lunch today. Said the fans in Houston don't appreciate what he did for the NFL. Blah, blah, gurgle, slurp, gurgle...

Damn sow titty!

McClain can kiss my ass. LOL

False Start
10-21-2013, 04:44 PM
IF he ever makes it into the HOF, this should be his bust.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/budbust.jpg

jaayteetx
10-21-2013, 04:47 PM
Momma said if ya ain't got nothing good to say...:cricket:

Corrosion
10-21-2013, 04:54 PM

Buck Fud!

Rip you old ..... aw hell , I better listen to mom too.

edwardc5637
10-21-2013, 05:01 PM
My he R.I.P

Norg
10-21-2013, 05:10 PM
IF he ever makes it into the HOF, this should be his bust.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/budbust.jpg

there should be a statue of this outside Nashville it could be right next to the welcome entrench

steelbtexan
10-21-2013, 05:25 PM

God is great

Condolences go out to the Adams Family

kingtexan
10-21-2013, 05:35 PM
Hmmm ... first Bum dies, then ironically just a couple days later Bud dies ...

Maybe God got to choose before Satan in a pick-up game?

Norg
10-21-2013, 05:50 PM
maybe the Houston football curse is over now Crosses fingers ..!!!!!

I still think the astrodome was built above a Indian burial site ...and the only way to end the curse is to blow up the astrodome and plant trees n flowers in its place and slay 10 Bulls blood over the grass :kitten:

The1ApplePie
10-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Still a kid when the Oilers left, so I really didn't care about it too much, but my dad hated him. So. RIP Bud, ya salty ol' bastard.

Yep. Grew up a Cowboys fan in a Cowboys house, so I never understood or really cared about the fury over the Oilers leaving.

So, with Al Davis and Bud gone, does this make Ralph Wilson the Highlander?

thunderkyss
10-21-2013, 06:26 PM

Wow...... my first thought is of those older couples y'know when the wife passes, the husband is soon to follow (or vice versa), they just meant that much to each other.

gg no re
10-21-2013, 06:46 PM
Suddenly all my hatred for the Titans is gone. hmm. /shrug

chicagotexan2
10-21-2013, 07:27 PM
Just announced. The bud Adams memorial will be held at the astrodome on Halloween.

Ian howfield will kickoff the festivities.

The cats and rats will serve as pallbearers.

Vince young will be parking your cars. No manual transmissions please (too complicated)

Showtime100
10-21-2013, 07:35 PM
My condolences to his family.

Just an observation not born out of disrespect. My ill will towards him are well documented like many others here, but a simple observation.

Bud came along and was the owner of the Houston Oilers, indeed, the face of the franchise as I remember the time. Throughout the Oilers history they seemed to be in the wrong place in the wrong time. Dr. John could have written a follow-up song to his team.

His teams had many disappointments, but when they rose to the top circumstances seemed to bite his team like no other. 10-4 and no playoff game. A couple more games and Houston might have gotten in. A playoff format like we have today, no need for the extra two games.

He had the second-best team in the league next to the Steelers therefore the timing again bit Bud, the Oilers, and all of us fans. Just for an exclamation point fate added the Mike Renfro catch that wasn't. A catch that has benefited all teams many times, but the timing of the catch served only to put Houston behind a door they could not kick in. Bad timing.

Bud wanted to get a better stadium and, typical Bud, wanted anybody but Bud to pay for it. Off he goes to a hick, small-market town I have no doubt he had little love for. Houston flourishes and due to the feasibility in his newfound absence a team came to Houston because Houstonians could now build it with money, hope, and a future with an owner that couldn't be another Bud. Ouch, Bud. The NFL wanted LA, but Houston wanted a quality organization, had everything in place, and that was the difference. Houston just wanted football, Bud. It could have been so easy. Bad timing, bad circumstance.

So here we are. Bud has made the headlines for the final time. Again, horrible timing that only could happen in Bud's world. Through circumstances out of his control, Bud Adams died at the worst possible time Bud Adams could have died........just three days after the most popular, loved, and respected man in Houston, Bum Phillips, passed. Bad timing again, and finally.

Bud's final chance at a kind word from Houston, the home he loved, was squashed by timing that seemingly only happens to Bud.

Your death was very Oileresque, Bud. Much like all of your football life. Sorry. I care, but would rather watch the crappy game on Monday Night Football that give it a thought.

See ya.

Again, condolences to the family.

eriadoc
10-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Matthew 7:20 - Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Also, having a hard time figuring out what the acronym RIP means? Rot In Purgatory?

brakos82
10-21-2013, 10:11 PM

Also, having a hard time figuring out what the acronym RIP means? Rot In Purgatory?
Really incompetent prick.... I think.

Giant Tiger
10-21-2013, 10:15 PM
I almost felt sorry for the guy. He made a massive mistake by moving a historical team with a loyal fan base. Then, after doing so, the city he left - Houston - built a massive, state-of-the-art stadium, which is what he wanted.

Then, the city of Houston's economy boomed, and the city became one of the wealthiest in the country, which meant that the NFL expansion team that came here eventually capitalized on all that wealth, and become one of the richest franchises in all of sports. Meanwhile, his team is in a small NFL market.

Bud was a human being, and no way could those things not eat at him. Especially since he continued to live in Houston.

And, it's not that he moved the team; it's that he did with with such venom: and took the name, continued to use the colors, insisted that no other team could use the Oiler name, etc.

I'm not originally from Houston, so I have no dog in this fight; but, I kinda feel bad for Oiler fans in a way.

But, oh well. Without Bud, I wouldn't have my Texans. So there's that.

Edited to add: my condolences to the family.

As a Canadian who cheered for the Oilers when Bum Phillips was coach, I feel as much bitterness towards Bud as Houstonians do. I cheered for the Quebec Nordiques in hockey & they were taken away from me a few years prior to the Oilers leaving. I always said I wouldn't let the NHL dictate who I'd cheer for. So when Bud moved the Oilers to Tennessee, there's no way I'd cheer for them; I'd contradict myself if I did (not to mention the loathing).

I'm glad I waited for the Texans rather than cheer for any other team. As far as I'm concerned, the Titans are fired :texflag:

powerfuldragon
10-21-2013, 10:42 PM
a few years ago, i'd have said good riddance in ruder words.. dude's got a family so i can't be a ****.

Malloy
10-22-2013, 06:21 AM

Did you remember to put on your pants this morning ? :)

chicagotexan2
10-22-2013, 08:16 AM
Really incompetent prick.... I think.

HEY!! eriadoc is not incompetent!!! I think.

Just kidding eriadoc.

Thorn
10-22-2013, 08:21 AM
Did you remember to put on your pants this morning ? :)

I'm supposed to be wearing pants?!! :eek:

toronto
10-22-2013, 08:31 AM
As a Canadian who cheered for the Oilers when Bum Phillips was coach, I feel as much bitterness towards Bud as Houstonians do. I cheered for the Quebec Nordiques in hockey & they were taken away from me a few years prior to the Oilers leaving. I always said I wouldn't let the NHL dictate who I'd cheer for. So when Bud moved the Oilers to Tennessee, there's no way I'd cheer for them; I'd contradict myself if I did (not to mention the loathing).

I'm glad I waited for the Texans rather than cheer for any other team. As far as I'm concerned, the Titans are fired :texflag:

I grew up in Houston as a little kid and ate, slept and drank Oilers football. It killed me when they even lost pre season games. I moved to Toronto in 1984 and the love of the team stuck with me, even more so than the Astros. So when Bud made his move, I was devastated. But with 12 years between me and Houston, I soon realized I was still married to that frigging team. When the city got the Texans, I thought that marriage would end. Yet when the Titans played the Texans for the first time, that marriage that I thought would end didn't, and that was despite the fact I was still in agony over the Oilers no longer technically existing.

Yesterday was a day I won't forget. For one of the few times in my life, I wasn't upset over the death of someone. I feel bad to say that, but thats how I felt.

chicagotexan2
10-22-2013, 08:32 AM

ehem!! Thorn, your 57k dial up modem may be running slower than usual and you think you're still on one of your other bookmarked pages like

seniormeet.com (dating for older peeps)
seniormeat.com (looking for older peckers)
senormeat.com (looking for older latino peckers)

Kiss my a$$!!!

cuppacoffee
10-22-2013, 09:45 AM

Ahem!

You can be better looking or smarter, not both. Dammit

:coffee:

Dutchrudder
10-22-2013, 09:55 AM

Rest In Piss.

Dread-Head
10-22-2013, 10:53 AM

Hey...she's a good mayor. Be nice.

Malloy
10-22-2013, 03:32 PM
ehem!! Thorn, your 57k dial up modem may be running slower than usual and you think you're still on one of your other bookmarked pages like

seniormeet.com (dating for older peeps)
seniormeat.com (looking for older peckers)
senormeat.com (looking for older latino peckers)

Kiss my a$$!!!

LOL!!

Hookem Horns
01-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Rest In Piss.

OK, which one of you is "tchookem" on Shaggy Bevo?

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/139613-A-Football-Life-Houston-93?p=6201313&viewfull=1#post6201313

Double Barrel
01-03-2014, 10:21 AM

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/139613-A-Football-Life-Houston-93?p=6201313&viewfull=1#post6201313

lol! Someone actually did it! Someone actually took the time to piss on his grave... :hmmm:

Almost makes me think it should be a pilgrimage of sorts, to exorcise the ghosts of demons past, to even the score, to do something so juvenile and trivial that it's almost the greatest symbolic gesture ever.

And then you could tell your grandkids, **** Bud Adams for killing the Oilers, I PISSED ON HIS GRAVE!!! :wild:

We should get a group together, have an impromptu tailgate (since Bud never allowed it at the Astrodome), then piss all our beverages all over that thing. Our work would be complete when his grave smells like Tranquility Park.

Then, just to spread the spite, we go drop a bag of flaming dog poo on Bob Lanier's front porch.

Dutchrudder
01-03-2014, 10:31 AM

Not me, but that is pretty funny.

FirstTexansFan
01-03-2014, 01:03 PM
I'd do it, without question :)

powda
01-03-2014, 11:51 PM
lol! Someone actually did it! Someone actually took the time to piss on his grave... :hmmm:

Almost makes me think it should be a pilgrimage of sorts, to exorcise the ghosts of demons past, to even the score, to do something so juvenile and trivial that it's almost the greatest symbolic gesture ever.

And then you could tell your grandkids, **** Bud Adams for killing the Oilers, I PISSED ON HIS GRAVE!!! :wild:

We should get a group together, have an impromptu tailgate (since Bud never allowed it at the Astrodome), then piss all our beverages all over that thing. Our work would be complete when his grave smells like Tranquility Park.

Then, just to spread the spite, we go drop a bag of flaming dog poo on Bob Lanier's front porch.

Ordinarily i'd be pissed and revolted by the ideal of doing this on a grave. Someone's gone and you guys choose to respect his memory by urinating on his final resting place for all eternity? How jacked in the head do you have to be to get a kick out of this? Then I think back on all the childhood memories. Loving a team unconditionally who lost and lost again...a team who ultimately blamed us for not giving them the support they never deserved. But we did it anyway. F#*k off bud. Let's make a roadie. If nothing else i'm down for a ceremonial pissing on the dome. Rest In Piss bud.

toronto
01-04-2014, 12:22 AM
I hate the guy as much as many of you, but this is way too much. Sorry.

Hookem Horns
01-04-2014, 12:40 AM
Let's make a roadie. If nothing else i'm down for a ceremonial pissing on the dome. Rest In Piss bud.

Here it is for those that need directions ...

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.738448,+-95.608556&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=6&gl=us&ie=UTF8&ll=29.738493,-95.608246&spn=0.001538,0.002064&z=20&iwloc=A

:kitten:

Showtime100
01-04-2014, 01:06 AM
Whew! I saw this thread and thought for a minute there he'd come back. :eek:

I did look to see where the grave is located. If this is where he decided to rest for eternity as opposed to Oklahoma then he deserves to get squirt on from time to time.