PDA

View Full Version : Arian Foster Hamstring Unanticipated?

CloakNNNdagger
10-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Foster was "sore" after Wednesday's practice and was kept out of practice altogether on Thursday. On Friday, he was listed as "Full Participation." This (as I've mentioned many times before) just goes to emphasize how worthless any Injury Report other than (maybe) on Wednesday is. On Friday, the practice is a WALK-THROUGH. I would hope that he did not aggravate his hamstring during such vigorous activity. :sarcasm: It would seem that if he "tweeked" his hamstring, you still give a player a week or two of rest/rehab before throwing him out there.....especially when you've already seen how previous "tweeks" with Arian have turned into multi-week problems when he is rushed back in....and since you are going into a Bye.

Then, you've got to ask yourself, taking all of the things above in consideration, how do you justify starting the game with only Tate and Jones (FB) activated??????? Hello?? Where was Cierre Wood? Hello?? :rake:

bOODRO87
10-21-2013, 10:58 AM
How the hell do you not keep 3 RBs active? Our coach has no idea what he's doing. The end of the 1st half showed it. 2 TOs and about 54 seconds. Doesn't use one until it's too late.

dtran04
10-21-2013, 11:46 AM
If I remember correctly, they only activated 2 RBs last week too. Wood must be terrible on special teams. Not like it really helped though.

Speedy
10-21-2013, 11:51 AM
If I remember correctly, they only activated 2 RBs last week too. Wood must be terrible on special teams. Not like it really helped though.

And that's pretty bad considering how bad ST are.

TheIronDuke
10-21-2013, 11:51 AM
How is it possible to tell who is terrible on special teams or not? Aren't they all just a gigantic cesspool of terrible?

I know he returned a kick once that he kneeled, I think that alone makes him a better returner than KMart.

deucetx
10-21-2013, 11:56 AM
I found it surprising because we were going against a team stronger against the pass than the run with a first time starter. In that case, you know you need to run the ball a good deal and help set things up for the QB. So yeah...it wasn't a brilliant decision by the coaching staff to say the least.

CloakNNNdagger
10-21-2013, 11:59 AM
How is it possible to tell who is terrible on special teams or not? Aren't they all just a gigantic cesspool of terrible?

I know he returned a kick once that he kneeled, I think that alone makes him a better returner than KMart.

Supposedly, he has no tackling skills............should fit right in with the rest of our STs.

dtran04
10-21-2013, 12:01 PM

It's on the coverage units. They essentially added guys from practice squad that leaped him simply due to special teams.

htowntexans1985
10-21-2013, 12:11 PM
That my friend is what you call kubiaking.

Vinny
10-21-2013, 01:43 PM
yeah, but how do you devise a conservative, run heavy game plan with what amounts to a rookie QB active for the first game of his career with only two backs. One has a hammy issue and the other can't stay healthy? After Foster was lost, I bet they didn't want to overwork Tate once they knew they had no good options if he goes down, so I'm sure that altered how he called the game as well.

#FireKubiak

MEGA SWATT
10-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Agree 100%. Bad move by Kubiak.

TheIronDuke
10-21-2013, 01:58 PM
yeah, but how do you devise a conservative, run heavy game plan with what amounts to a rookie QB active for the first game of his career with only two backs. One has a hammy issue and the other can't stay healthy? After Foster was lost, I bet they didn't want to overwork Tate once they knew they had no good options if he goes down, so I'm sure that altered how he called the game as well.

#FireKubiak

That's on me. LOL

http://a.espncdn.com/media/nfl/2006/0122/photo/g_kubiak_195.jpg

Thorn
10-21-2013, 01:59 PM
nevermind. the pic was resized.

TheIronDuke
10-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Yeah, I had no idea that pic was going to be life-size.

RTP2110
10-21-2013, 02:51 PM
Guess now we know why Wood was inactive. He's been waived.

2012Champs
10-21-2013, 04:02 PM

Well there you go

Norg
10-21-2013, 04:38 PM
ever since foster got payed he has not been the same I don't like foster anymore hes a bunm and I hope we trade him or something

BlueSteel
10-21-2013, 05:31 PM

Kubiak's is great at covering up his boneheaded moves after the fact. Wood is probably just as confused as us that he got released. :kitten:

WolverineFan
10-21-2013, 05:47 PM
ever since foster got payed he has not been the same I don't like foster anymore hes a bunm and I hope we trade him or something

Foster is the only reason we could move the ball against Seattle and St. Louis and is the only guy who showed up for the San Francisco game.

He's 5th in the league in rushing yards, despite playing behind a porous offensive line. He's also played each game (until KC) with horrible QB play and no blocking and his yards per carry and yards per reception are much better than last year.

He's been a beast this year.

Vance87
10-21-2013, 05:56 PM
NSFW? LOL I dunno.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/308667/mVsmh4T.jpg

srrono
10-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Tate broken ribs
Foster hamstring
Coach Kub talking about bringing a guy in with return ability

Add this all together makes me think we will be hearing about the Texans signing Deji Karim soon.