PDA

View Full Version : We arent out of it yet...

Pages : [1] 2

EllisUnit
10-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Ok so we have lost 5 games in a row, and we are 2-5. We have the bye week coming up.

We may not win the division but i believe we can still make it as a wild card. And even though we lost today, i saw something i havent seen this whole season. The desire to win, the belief that they could win. I even saw emotion from AJ which is a rare accurance.

So why do people say the season is lost ? We are 2-5, the season is far from over. I'm willing to bet that we finish the season at 10-6 or 9-7. I know some of you the sky is falling people are already planning trips in January, but i'm not cause we will be in the play-offs !!!

Thorn
10-20-2013, 08:01 PM
I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm. Seriously.

But I was wondering, can I have some of what you're smoking?

eriadoc
10-20-2013, 08:01 PM
Lose the word "far" and I'm with you. It's close to over, but it's not there yet. Cushing's down, Foster is gimpy, the OL is doing their best '02 Texans impersonation, and the defense gives up a 90+ yard TD drive every single game. Not over yet, but teetering on the edge of the cliff, for sure.

Keenum gives a little hope. If he can sling it like he did today, get a little help from the rest of the team, and not try to do too much, there's a chance. But the OL and defense have to step up. And Ed Reed has to retire and give back the money he stole.

PapaL
10-20-2013, 08:04 PM
I like your optimism but the odds are severely not in our favor. After this loss we have a 1.3% of making the playoffs. Yes it's still a chance but still.

Texans:
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL/AFC/AFCSouth/Houston.html

NFL:
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL.html

Big Lou
10-20-2013, 08:06 PM
I would love to be a glass half full guy, but let's recap:

We have a third string QB
Our starting SS is out in an already weak secondary
OD is out for an extended period
Our Lb's aren't great and the best one looks to be out for the season
Derrick Newton is our RT
Ed Reed is our FS
( the last 2 lines say it all)
We are 2-5

Sorry man, but we should count ourselves lucky if we go 8-8. This team is banged up and demoralized. The crappiest part of all is our timing to suck, as I don't see any QB's that we can draft to build around. We sucked for 10 years and then when there a batch of good QB's we peak and miss out on them. I can assure you this season is over......

LikeMike
10-20-2013, 08:06 PM
We are not? Well, it certainly feels that way...

nut
10-20-2013, 08:07 PM
It was fun watching the game today for a change. I don't like our chances but we have not been mathematically eliminated yet. I was ready to put my games on StubHub after watching Schaub crap the bed the last few weeks. At least now, if Schaub doesn't come in, I will look forward to watching the games and see what happens.

AMartin56
10-20-2013, 08:07 PM
I also appreciate the attempt at a stiff upper lip but considering the Cushing injury and what that did to us last year I think we're done. Kubiak and his staff struggle to obtain a plan A let alone B or C and we're already down to about D or so.

Corrosion
10-20-2013, 08:08 PM
The one thing they have in their favor .... they are 1-0 in division games.

EllisUnit
10-20-2013, 08:08 PM
Oh do you believe in miracles - Just as only dreamers can
Anything can work with a miracle
Like a bloody minded man - Like a bloody minded man
So your man determined, he found a course
When the powers just couldn't cope
Or did you ever think that old rock and roll
Could give the world some kind of hope
Can you hear me now, hear me now
Oh do you believe in miracles just as only dreamers can
Anything can work with a miracle
Like a bloody minded man - Like a bloody minded man
Oh do you believe in miracles when the dream has just begun
Anything can work with a miracle, just like Irelands favourite son
And the dream has just begun

Yeah that just happened..........

GlenRice
10-20-2013, 08:09 PM
It's over!

eriadoc
10-20-2013, 08:09 PM
After this loss we have a 1.3% of making the playoffs.

I would love to be a glass half full guy ...

I think it's a glass 1.3% full guy, in this instance.

bOODRO87
10-20-2013, 08:10 PM
We are finished. The OL isn't going to "gel." Foster is hurt. Cushing is most likely done for the season.

Oh yeah. Kubiak is our coach.

htowntexans1985
10-20-2013, 08:10 PM
Ok if you say so Sunshine. Now back to reality I go.

EllisUnit
10-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Dang there is a lot of gloom and doom, i actually feel better about the team today even with the loss. Losing Foster really changed things this game, and then tate getting hurt. We had NO running backs and lost by 1. We will make the play-offs !!!

eriadoc
10-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Dang there is a lot of gloom and doom, i actually feel better about the team today even with the loss. Losing Foster really changed things this game, and then tate getting hurt. We had NO running backs and lost by 1. We will make the play-offs !!!

I do too, actually. I am as happy as you can be about a loss, I think. There's hope, finally. It may not pan out either, but at least Keenum shows the world what could be if we had a QB that wasn't as limited as Schaub. So maybe they'll finally draft a top end QB if the Keenum thing doesn't pan out.

PapaL
10-20-2013, 08:15 PM

MSR...1.3% rep hahaha

The Pencil Neck
10-20-2013, 08:17 PM
IF the Colts lose tonight, then we're 2 games out of first place of our division with 9 games to go and we play the 1st place team 2x and the 2nd place team 1x. That means we control our own destiny.

We'll have 2 weeks to prepare Case for the Colts and hopefully, he'll recognize those blitzes better and get the ball out quicker.

fiasco west
10-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Unless the Colts just drop 5 games suddenly it's going to be tough.

Their schedule is not really tough outside of this game...we need to pretty much win out to win the division (again, figuring that the Colts will continue their good play) and maybe we can finish 10-6 and sneak in as a WC...

Week by week...but we need to get healthy...

burro
10-20-2013, 08:18 PM
The one thing they have in their favor .... they are 1-0 in division games.

This is actually a good point. Keenum got in before we lost any division games, If he can truly get it done he's just in time.

AMartin56
10-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Oh and seriously...what would be better for the franchise? Squeaking into the playoffs at say 9-7 (I realize that it's possible to get hot like the Ravens did last year but does anyone actually think this team can do that?) Or a complete collapse that gets us a new regime and higher draft picks?

I vote for the collapse...we have talent and could rebound quickly if we dump Kubiak.

fiasco west
10-20-2013, 08:21 PM
Oh and seriously...what would be better for the franchise? Squeaking into the playoffs at say 9-7 (I realize that it's possible to get hot like the Ravens did last year but does anyone actually think this team can do that?) Or a complete collapse that gets us a new regime and higher draft picks?

I vote for the collapse...we have talent and could rebound quickly if we dump Kubiak.

No doubt about it, squeaking into the playoffs.

It's not like there isn't a recent history of teams doing just that and riding their way into the superbowl.

The NFL draft is a crapshoot, you don't need high picks to draft elite talent.

Seegara
10-20-2013, 08:22 PM
For all practical purposes we are indeed out of it. This game was the last gasp of hope. But at least we discovered a QB who will develop into a winner for years to come.

burro
10-20-2013, 08:25 PM

I prefer to win games, and for Keenum to be a sure thing going into next season (likely if he played well enough to finish 7-2 behind this oline) over drafting a QB and praying.

AMartin56
10-20-2013, 08:32 PM
Kubiak needs to be fired. THAT is the top priority. I'm all for losses if that is what it takes to finally get rid of him.

ATXtexanfan
10-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Ok so we have lost 5 games in a row, and we are 2-5. We have the bye week coming up.

We may not win the division but i believe we can still make it as a wild card. And even though we lost today, i saw something i havent seen this whole season. The desire to win, the belief that they could win. I even saw emotion from AJ which is a rare accurance.

So why do people say the season is lost ? We are 2-5, the season is far from over. I'm willing to bet that we finish the season at 10-6 or 9-7. I know some of you the sky is falling people are already planning trips in January, but i'm not cause we will be in the play-offs !!!

its over

Norg
10-20-2013, 08:35 PM
the season isn't over guz we still have to play the games but yeahhhh ...its just a drag so far

Scooter
10-20-2013, 08:37 PM
we would have to go 8-1 to have a real chance, or win the division. with 5 division games left, we certainly do still have an opportunity to play ourselves back into it. if we can beat the colts, we have the cards and raiders which may be a good way to jump start the second half. we also have the bye coming at a good time.

of course it's going to be next to impossible, but we went 11-1 last season so we still have a lloyd christmas type chance.

Wolf
10-20-2013, 08:45 PM
Seasons done. ESP,when we are all talking about moral victories and we still are getting a "L" in the column

(Just a random thought after reading a multiple threads)

EllisUnit
10-20-2013, 08:51 PM

For AJs sake i hope we squeek into the play offs, this guy dont have many years left, dont want to waste the talent we have now to get more talent that is unproven and no gurantee.

Trail.Blazr
10-20-2013, 08:53 PM
If this team could learn to get out of it's own way, there's a chance they can win. If they could learn to do that for 9 weeks, there's a good chance.

Trouble is, they've yet to show they can.

EllisUnit
10-20-2013, 08:56 PM
If this team could learn to get out of it's own way, there's a chance they can win. If they could learn to do that for 9 weeks, there's a good chance.

If the injury bug ahdnt hit us like a zombie outbreak we would of won today, no run game really killed us.

ljhog
10-20-2013, 09:00 PM
Texans are done for the year. Today was a perfect example of why. Couldn't run the ball. Couldn't stop the run. Gave up 5 sacks and had only one of their own. Lucky to have only lost by 1.

fiasco west
10-20-2013, 09:00 PM

Bigger problem is the Colts.

If the Colts can beat Denver and Seattle it's safe to assume that they won't lose many more games for the rest of the season.

Good thing they have us twice and the Titans twice, games that are always tough are those divisional games.

Also the Jags are good for one win against one of us...it'll be one of those games where it'll be their superbowl and everything goes right...it's very hard for a team to go 0-16 and if the Jags are going to win a game it'll be against a divisional rival.

this is all looking far too ahead though, but it is without a doubt over IMO if the Colts win. Either way we can't lose but one game from here on out.

EllisUnit
10-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Texans are done for the year. Today was a perfect example of why. Couldn't run the ball. Couldn't stop the run. Gave up 5 sacks and had only one of their own. Lucky to have only lost by 1.

And why couldnt we run the ball ?

Scooter
10-20-2013, 09:01 PM

ask the ravens and giants and steelers about squeaking into the playoffs. if we can ride case and a lot of luck into the playoffs, we could do some real damage. i see kubiak's faults same as anyone, but my opinion on him is well known. the thing that will make me change my stance on kubiak is if he decides to put schaub back in. otherwise i believe we need a right tackle and an offensive coordinator who's also a playcaller.

Big Lou
10-20-2013, 09:02 PM

LOL!!!!!

You know technically there's always that little bit in the bottom of the cup you can never get out, probably 1.4%...... That would make sense for us.

CretorFrigg
10-20-2013, 09:03 PM
Lose the word "far" and I'm with you. It's close to over, but it's not there yet. Cushing's down, Foster is gimpy, the OL is doing their best '02 Texans impersonation, and the defense gives up a 90+ yard TD drive every single game. Not over yet, but teetering on the edge of the cliff, for sure.

Keenum gives a little hope. If he can sling it like he did today, get a little help from the rest of the team, and not try to do too much, there's a chance. But the OL and defense have to step up. And Ed Reed has to retire and give back the money he stole.

This. Agreed 100%.

Watching the Texans play today was discouraging. It was a complete trainwreck, and I'm amazed at how well Case played despite the bad blocking, the lack of a run game, etc.

Trail.Blazr
10-20-2013, 09:04 PM
If the injury bug ahdnt hit us like a zombie outbreak we would of won today, no run game really killed us.

yup. 2-5 sucks my friend.

Lurvinator11
10-20-2013, 09:07 PM
Everything happening the way it is, the team is catching no breaks, it's a lot like 2010.

Keenum can win us some games, but it's hard to do that when your defense sucks, you O-Line sucks, and of course, the entire Moral is down.

I think we finish this season at 6-10. At least Keenum is a good reason to watch now.

fiasco west
10-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Everything happening the way it is, the team is catching no breaks, it's a lot like 2010.

Indy just returned a punt turnover (Trindon fumbled on a return) for a TD. The ball luckily stays in bounds...

Seems they get all the lucky breaks, if that was us that ball bounces out of bounds and Manning throws a bomb for a TD.

Trail.Blazr
10-20-2013, 09:18 PM

yup. 2-5 sucks my friend.

Hervoyel
10-20-2013, 09:20 PM
With Cushing done for the year we are definitely out of it. That's like the forty foot tall exclamation point on top of the whole mess.

gtexan02
10-20-2013, 09:32 PM
The point of playing the game is to win the superbowl. We have zero chance. Who cares if we make the playoffs at this point?

Every year there are 31 losers. We have already cemented our place among them.

thunderkyss
10-20-2013, 09:56 PM
I like your optimism but the odds are severely not in our favor. After this loss we have a 1.3% of making the playoffs. Yes it's still a chance but still.

Texans:

NFL:

That number starts changing for the better if we start winning.

But it's absolutely ridiculous how the Colts defense is answering the challenge right now.

thunderkyss
10-20-2013, 10:35 PM

If there's enough evidence to dump Kubiak right now, what difference does it make what happens the rest of the season? If you feel like he should be fired, fire him at the end of the season. Even if we win a Super Bowl.

If we have to tank the rest of the season to get rid of Kubiak, then McNair is not doing his job.

gafftop
10-20-2013, 10:44 PM

But it's absolutely ridiculous how the Colts defense is answering the challenge right now.

I think Colts D is much better at LB and secondary.
If Luck stays healthy our playoff hopes are slim.

TheMatrix31
10-20-2013, 10:54 PM
What hope is there? This was a disaster of a game. It gave the team five losses, it stripped us of our star, potentially HOF linebacker for the second straight year, and exposed the NFL for being a fraudulent, hypocritical, bull**** league.

This team is DONE this year.

AMartin56
10-20-2013, 11:09 PM
If there's enough evidence to dump Kubiak right now, what difference does it make what happens the rest of the season? If you feel like he should be fired, fire him at the end of the season. Even if we win a Super Bowl.

If we have to tank the rest of the season to get rid of Kubiak, then McNair is not doing his job.

McNair finally spoke to the media and he is already cranking up the injury excuse.

Norg
10-20-2013, 11:15 PM
yeah if we win out it will be a very marry Christmas for Houston

but looks like the colts are beating Denver there just beating all the top teams 49ers hawks Denver dang they will prob sweep the NFC two .... lorrrd jesus

Runner
10-20-2013, 11:21 PM
The bad news is there is one team in the AFC with a worse record than the Texans. The good news is there are three teams in the NFC with worse records.

The Texans have the fifth worst record in the league. Call me a sky-is-falling type, but I think this 2-5 team is not playing well and in major disarray and trouble.

The homers will be able to make posts of increasingly outlandish scenarios for a few more weeks to "prove" that the Texans will make the playoffs, and then the team will be mathematically eliminated. I just don't see how a serious football analysis of the first seven games of the season can lead to a reasonable conclusion that the team will close out with an 7-2 or 8-1 run to finish with nine or ten wins and make the playoffs.

MEGA SWATT
10-20-2013, 11:23 PM
That's like a person who jumps off a 50 story building thinking around the 25th floor : "at least I' m not dead yet".

Even if we win out and make the playoffs - we can't possibly win the super bowl

Runner
10-20-2013, 11:24 PM
That's like a person who jumps off a 50 story building thinking around the 25th floor : "at least i' m not dead yet".

So far, so good.

fiasco west
10-20-2013, 11:26 PM
The bad news is there is one team in the AFC with a worse record than the Texans. The good news is there are three teams in the NFC with worse records.

The Texans have the fifth worst record in the league. Call me a sky-is-falling type, but I think this 2-5 team is not playing well and in major disarray and trouble.

The homers will be able to make posts of increasingly outlandish scenarios for a few more weeks to "prove" that the Texans will make the playoffs, and then the team will be mathematically eliminated. I just don't see how a serious football analysis of the first seven games of the season can lead to a reasonable conclusion that the team will close out with an 7-2 or 8-1 run to finish with nine or ten wins and make the playoffs.

Meh, I see no reason to attack anyone for believing if not for one more week until the team is officially out of it. What's so wrong with that?

Runner
10-20-2013, 11:30 PM
Meh, I see no reason to attack anyone for believing if not for one more week until the team is officially out of it. What's so wrong with that?

Just answering the original poster's thought that people who don't think this is a playoff team are "sky is falling people":

Right now they are looking more like realists.

fiasco west
10-20-2013, 11:39 PM
Just answering the original poster's thought that people who don't think this is a playoff team are "sky is falling people":

Right now they are looking more like realists.

Oh yeah definitely. I think the hope ends tonight even for the most optimistic of guys if the Colts can hold out and win this game...there would still be a SLIM chance. It would mean basically that Luck gets hurt or if Keenum is insanely good.

They can really only lose one game from here on out...and they play the Colts twice, the Pats, and the Broncos.

8-8 is what I'm predicting, which isn't good enough for a wildcard in the AFC this year.

Rey
10-20-2013, 11:50 PM
We need the broncos to win. But it's looking bleak.

JPPT1974
10-20-2013, 11:53 PM
Unfortunately Brian Cushing is out for the year over broken leg!:wadepalm:

GuerillaBlack
10-21-2013, 12:09 AM
There is a chance for a run. Schedule gets a little weaker after the Colts. Hardest games will be the Broncos and Patriots. Keenum was put in just a week too late because I think we would have beat the Rams with Keenum. The spark should have started then.

Rey
10-21-2013, 12:11 AM
Peyton is way more mobile in the pocket than Schaub. I can't believe people compare their mobility. It's not even close.

We aren't out of it yet, but we shouldn't be in this situation.

silvrhand
10-21-2013, 12:14 AM
Peyton is way more mobile in the pocket than Schaub. I can't believe people compare their mobility. It's not even close.

We aren't out of it yet, but we shouldn't be in this situation.

We are out of it now..

eriadoc
10-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Colts won. It's over.

TEXANRED
10-21-2013, 12:23 AM
Colts won. It's over.

you can't start a thread sayin it aint over then declare it's over.

we could win out. :cheese:

TexansSeminole
10-21-2013, 12:28 AM
It's over dude, wake up.

eriadoc
10-21-2013, 01:38 AM
you can't start a thread sayin it aint over then declare it's over.

we could win out. :cheese:

Could happen, sure. Even if they do win out, it's not enough. They need the Colts to lose more than the two they'd lose to the Texans winning out. Now you might say "Of course the Colts will lose one or two", which brings the response, "So will the Texans".

thunderkyss
10-21-2013, 02:01 AM
Colts won. It's over.

Them freak'n Colts. They aced the hard part of their schedule.

SF, Seattle, Denver........ arrgghhhh....

Bulls on Parade
10-21-2013, 03:26 AM
We pretty much have to run the table and win the last 9 games just to finish 11-5. That may win us the AFC South if the Colts lose one other game besides the two against us. We would own the tiebreaker.

EllisUnit
10-21-2013, 03:42 AM
i'm sorry but we dont have to have more wins than the colts to make the play-offs. We are still alive people....

Lord some of you are really depressing

eriadoc
10-21-2013, 03:42 AM

That QB you don't think much of is pretty damn good.

TheMatrix31
10-21-2013, 04:26 AM
We're not going 9-0 or 8-1 without Brian Cushing.

EllisUnit
10-21-2013, 06:54 AM
We're not going 9-0 or 8-1 without Brian Cushing.

Can you please tell me this Wednesdays Powerball #s, and when the world will end please.

bOODRO87
10-21-2013, 07:21 AM
Can you please tell me this Wednesdays Powerball #s, and when the world will end please.

How much zoloft is pumping through your veins? 2-5. We are getting killed in every phase of the game. Our coach cannot get this team together, period. What do you see that makes you think this team can right the ship? You can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

Blake
10-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Done-zo.

And the Colts are on their way to winning the division for the next decade all thanks to their tanking 2 seasons ago...

Runner
10-21-2013, 09:24 AM
Done-zo.

And the Colts are on their way to winning the division for the next decade all thanks to their tanking 2 seasons ago...

Rebuilding the team in just two years is a major factor in their turnaround.

TheIronDuke
10-21-2013, 09:24 AM
Ellis, I wish I had your positive outlook on things, I really do. I bet you're a good person to be around and you see the best in people. So for that, I admire you.

That said, this season is over. We will be curb-stomped by the Colts at home and our yearly plowing at their home, will probably either lose to the Raiders or Cardinals. Will probably drop one to Jacksonville, definitely lose to the Pats and Broncos and finally mercifully end our pain with a loss at Possum Holler with a 5-11 record. Hopefully then we can rid ourselves of the cancer that is Kubiak and Marciano and maybe even Rick Smith and start this re-build again.

deucetx
10-21-2013, 09:34 AM
Eh....OP is partially correct. We're out of it division wise. Barring Luck getting injured that is simply something that is not happening for us this year.

One of the wildcards are also gone since it goes to either the Broncos or Chiefs so rule that out.

But the last wild card is a crapshoot. Right now Jets and Chargers lead the way at 4-3. Chargers we've beaten and they haven't played Denver or KC yet.

Jets still have Ravens, Saints and Bengals but the rest is kind of eh for them.

And of course there are several teams ahead of us at 3-4 but that is just a one game difference except the Ravens who now have the tiebreaker on us. So yeah we're still in it for this last wild card. Just our chances aren't very high. Cush being out means we have Sharpton and Mays which doesn't give a great positive feeling. Neither one of them can cover. I think this is the time they need to move Reed inside. Reed will be out there every play anyway now since he's the only linebacker that can cover worth a darn. The next best cover LB is probably Tuggle.

chicagotexan2
10-21-2013, 09:42 AM
Stick a fork in the post season aspirations because we are done.

MistaRed
10-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Wild card is still attainable. I'm not giving up until we are mathematically out of it.

PapaL
10-21-2013, 11:34 AM

It's already gone down to 1% after all of yesterday's games were completed.

cstyle42
10-21-2013, 11:44 AM
With Reggie Wayne possibly tearing his acl the colts may get a little weaker too...

Hervoyel
10-21-2013, 12:01 PM

They have a team with leaders and a coaching staff that's working in the 21st century. They're going forward, we're standing still.

Hervoyel
10-21-2013, 12:04 PM
Rebuilding the team in just two years is a major factor in their turnaround.

Gary Kubiak assures me that it is not possible to rebuild a team in less than 5 years. 8 if you want to do it right.

Runner
10-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Gary Kubiak assures me that it is not possible to rebuild a team in less than 5 years. 8 if you want to do it right.

10. He's due an extension to complete the process.

Bulls on Parade
10-21-2013, 12:46 PM
With Reggie Wayne possibly tearing his acl the colts may get a little weaker too...
We have to go 6-0 in the division to have any chance. That would include beating the Colts on the road for the first time in franchise history. But anything is still possible. There is still a lot of football left to be played. A lot can happen in the final nine games.

It sucks to be 2-5 and not playing again for two weeks. Losing Brian Cushing is tough but a lot of teams are losing good players for the season. Good teams find a way to overcome any obstacle. I thought we played our hearts out yesterday. I want to see more of that effort moving forward this season.

Hindsight is 20-20 but I wish we would have went with Case Keenum a little earlier. Like before the Seahawks game. We may have won those games against the Seahawks and Rams. But oh well, can't look in the past. Just have to focus on the rest of 2013.

Double Barrel
10-21-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm not a fan of Dumb & Dumber optimism (no offense to anyone grasping at the Cliff of Hope by the edges of their fingers...)

http://cdn.pophangover.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/tumblr_mbp3rpbQWD1qexr74o3_r1_500.gif

Anything is possible. But you have to set up expectations with what is probable.

And as a lifelong fan of the NFL, teams that start 2-5 with really crappy play and lose multiple superstars to injuries, I don't need a Magic 8 Ball to tell me what I already know.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m71vot6fXV1qzozj1.jpg

Thorn
10-21-2013, 01:25 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m71vot6fXV1qzozj1.jpg

I've been supporting Microsoft stuff for years, I could have told you that.

Dread-Head
10-21-2013, 03:03 PM
The Texans are still alive, but so is Abe Vigoda and he won't be in the playoffs either. I'm behind the guys 100% but I have a better chance of:

a. Winning 5 Mega-Million Lotteries in 5 states SIMULTANEOUSLY

b. Having an orgy with Sofia Vergara, Helen Miren, Brenda Song & that chick from the "Nalin' Palin" video.

c. Being struck by lightening 3 times in a span of 5 minutes.

d. Being photographed with Bill wearing MATCHING Dallas Cowboy Jerseys

e. Getting Red_Zone & Corrosion to declare Obama the "Best President ever!"

f. Getting IlliniJen to endorse Ted Cruz for President.

g. ALL of the above occurring...not only once but twice.

than the Texans have of making the playoffs this year without Tickets.

Blake
10-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Technically the Jags arent out of it. But if you feel like the Texans arent done then we will just have to agree to disagree. Ive seen nothing from this team that tells me they will get it together with the collection of players and coaches we have.

Speedy
10-21-2013, 03:20 PM
No, technically and mathematically they aren't out of it. But they're now 3 games behind the Colts, and though they are only 2 games out of the 2nd wild card, there's TEN teams in front of them. They've got to go 7-2 just to win 9 and that may not be enough. That includes games with Indy (twice), Denver, and New England. If you don't at least split those 4 games and sweep the rest, it ain't happening. And that's with questions marks all over the place including QB, the health of your RB's, RT, ILB, Safeties, just to name a few.

HouTx11
10-21-2013, 03:52 PM
If the Texans were ever to go 15-1 in a season you can be guaranteed that the one loss occurred @ Indy..........and the sad thing is that particular game hasn't even happened yet.

If the Texans somehow turn it around from here and make it into the playoffs despite everything that has gone wrong the Texans will NOT lose again until after they have won the Lombardi trophy.

File this under "extremely unlikely".

This is as hopeful as I can be now.

WolverineFan
10-21-2013, 03:59 PM
KC or Denver is pretty much guaranteed the 1st wild card spot. That means we're in a fight with San Diego, NY Jets, Baltimore, Tennessee, and Miami for the 6th spot. We're currently 2 games back from SD.

With Cushing out, I don't think we can do it. You're looking at a 9-7 team taking that last spot and we're 2-5. I don't see 7 wins left on the schedule. We still have to play Indy twice, New England, Denver, and at Tennessee. I see a 6-7 win season.

thunderkyss
10-21-2013, 06:31 PM
That QB you don't think much of is pretty damn good.

I'd kill for a QB who completes 55% of his passes, averages 6.0 ypa, converts 29% on 3rd downs, sacks the opposing QB 4 times, forces that other QB to throw an INT, & forces the other team to fumble twice.

I'd trade my whole draft for that guy. Well, if we can get Schaub to sack the other QB, intercept passes & force fumbles... we're half way there.

phantom17
10-21-2013, 06:35 PM
The Texans are still alive, but so is Abe Vigoda and he won't be in the playoffs either. I'm behind the guys 100% but I have a better chance of:

b. Having an orgy with Sofia Vergara, Helen Miren, Brenda Song & that chick from the "Nalin' Palin" video.

Yup! Just about right!:toropalm:

Thorn
10-21-2013, 06:38 PM
http://cdn.funnycorner.net/funny-pictures/5368/Despair.jpg

Speedy
10-21-2013, 06:40 PM

So you're saying there's a chance.

Bert Orange
10-21-2013, 08:09 PM
The following have to happen to win the division:

1) We sweep the division
2) We drop no more than two more games
3) Titans/Colts have to split OR Titans win both
4) Indy has to drop 2 more games outside of the above (or at least one if Titans sweep)
5) Titans have to drop 2 more games outside of the above

We'd only win due to a head-to-head tiebreaker.

Nothing I have written seems plausible, save for maybe the Titans losing a bunch.

It's over folks. Mathematically, smathematically.

Corrosion
10-21-2013, 08:20 PM
I have a better chance of:

Its mathematically impossible for me or RZ to make that statement ... much less both of us. Never happen .... ever. :cutthroat:

The Texans at least are still alive mathematically .... however slim. :thinking:

thunderkyss
10-21-2013, 08:24 PM
They have a team with leaders and a coaching staff that's working in the 21st century. They're going forward, we're standing still.

& a fan base that believes in them.

I like that Bob brought a Houston guy in to lead this team, & I like that Wade is basically a Houston guy & I like that Kubiak began bringing Houston guys in, in the last couple of years, & I like that our future QB may very well be a Houston guy....

I mean I know we watch them on TV & that generates the money that affords them lavish lifestyles we can only dream about & that should be enough for them to nut up & go win a Super Bowl.

& I don't have a problem with criticizing the team. It does not mean in any way that you're not a true fan or that the sunshine pumper is in any way a better fan than you are.

Nothing against you Hervoyel, Just replying to what you're saying the Colts have, that we don't. I know it's a chicken & egg and all, but can you imagine what this team can do if this city "really" got behind the Texans? Not just Keenum, not just Watt, or Andre, but really get behind the Texans.

Thorn
10-21-2013, 08:27 PM
With everything happing right now, I think it would take a miracle of Biblical proportions to make the playoffs. I don't see it. Sure, it's still mathematically possible. So is a UFO landing outside my apartment right now.

Exascor
10-21-2013, 08:32 PM
With everything happing right now, I think it would take a miracle of Biblical proportions to make the playoffs. I don't see it. Sure, it's still mathematically possible. So is a UFO landing outside my apartment right now.

Have you looked out the window lately? You'd never be able to live with yourself if there was one sitting there. =P

Mailman
10-21-2013, 08:46 PM
I'm not drinking the Kool Aid, but I am old enough to remember the 1993 Oilers. That team started off 1-4 the year after the Buffalo debacle only to run the table and finish 12-4 and earn the first and only first round bye Houston pro football fans have ever known.

2-5 to the playoffs? Stranger things have happened. I'm just sayin.

houstonhurricane
10-21-2013, 11:09 PM
Right now we are a full game closer to the winless Jags than we are to the Colts. Let that sink in...

TexansSeminole
10-22-2013, 12:00 AM
Right now we are a full game closer to the winless Jags than we are to the Colts. Let that sink in...

Yup. We have the 2nd worst winning percentage in the AFC and 5th worst in the NFL.

Scooter
10-22-2013, 03:27 AM
without cushing i think our 1.3% chance is now about .001%. we saw what happened last year without him. we saw what happened earlier this year without him. we are so bad at linebacker, we cant possibly overcome losing our star midfielder. i'm truly amazed that we've thrown so many resources at the position and have nothing to show for it. the line is good, the secondary is good ... the linebackers are cushing and absolute scrubs, now without cushing.

ObsiWan
10-22-2013, 03:37 AM
For me the question really is, has the team given up?

In 2011 there was a "next man up" mantra that permeated the whole team. Anyone get that kind of vibe from the team this year? They/We need to go back to that "Go 1-0 each week" mentality. I think that looking at running the table to make the playoffs is looking waaaay too far ahead. They need to worry about what's right in front of them. Come out of the bye and get a win against the Colts. That should be their only focus.

Get behind Keenum on offense. And block for Cripes sake! Make those "tough" catches. I counted at least two TDs left on the field because the youngster didn't throw a perfect ball.
Step the hell up on defense - I'm a little tired of Lehler and the special team pinning teams inside the five (and that's the one thing that Coach Joe's ST does really well and at they do it least once or twice a game) only watch the defense give up 90+ yard, quarter eating TD drives.

I will always be of the viewpoint that the guys on the field are the ones who have to make the plays. So if there's any fight in the guys in that locker room, now is the time to suck it up and show it.
end :rant:

Bulls on Parade
10-22-2013, 04:51 AM
We still play them twice. Let's just try and go 6-0 against the AFC South for the first time in franchise history. If we can do that then anything is possible by owning the tiebreaker. The Colts are going to lose a couple other games, in my opinion. They lost Reggie Wayne for the season but I don't hear their fans throwing in the towel like some of our fans seem to be doing without Brian Cushing. Did we not beat the Colts in Houston last year without Cushing? So let's do it again on November 3.

Dread-Head
10-22-2013, 11:58 AM
So you're saying there's a chance.

Baby there's always a CHANCE...

YeaLikeRightNow
10-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Baby there's always a CHANCE...

There's a CHANCE if the odds are in your favor. Right now, at this moment; the odds are not in our favor. Not by a longshot.

The window is closing abrubtly; :snowday:

2012Champs
10-22-2013, 12:07 PM
There's a CHANCE if the odds are in your favor.

ding the dumbest thing Ive heard all day

Hervoyel
10-22-2013, 12:14 PM
The thing is, I don't really care anymore. It's done. The guys were playing like crap to begin with and the ones who are injured aren't going to get un-injured. Ok, maybe Daniels will but he isn't going to make any difference anyway.

For me this season is about watching Case Keenum tell us whether or not we need a QB in the upcoming draft and seeing if Foster is done or not. It's about seeing if some of the guys like Mercilus, and Swearinger step up. It's about seeing if Hopkins is the real thing by the end of the year and seeing if AJ can make it through the season still playing at a high level.

Basically 2013 is about seeing what we're going to need in 2014 because folks, 2013 as a "campaign" to get to the post-season and Super Bowl has gone straight down the ****ter.

YeaLikeRightNow
10-22-2013, 12:19 PM
The thing is, I don't really care anymore. It's done. The guys were playing like crap to begin with and the ones who are injured aren't going to get un-injured. Ok, maybe Daniels will but he isn't going to make any difference anyway.

For me this season is about watching Case Keenum tell us whether or not we need a QB in the upcoming draft and seeing if Foster is done or not. It's about seeing if some of the guys like Mercilus, and Swearinger step up. It's about seeing if Hopkins is the real thing by the end of the year and seeing if AJ can make it through the season still playing at a high level.

Basically 2013 is about seeing what we're going to need in 2014 because folks, 2013 as a "campaign" to get to the post-season and Super Bowl has gone straight down the ****ter.

Ding...the smartest thing I've heard all day!:goodpost:

Double Barrel
10-22-2013, 12:39 PM

yep, all of that...

...until Kubiak starts Schaub on November 3.

You know it's going to happen, and this city's attitude will go from bad to FUGLY.

This is not a team of destiny. It's an NFL franchise making a good profit.

thunderkyss
10-22-2013, 12:44 PM
There's a CHANCE if the odds are in your favor. Right now, at this moment; the odds are not in our favor. Not by a longshot.

That's when legends are made.

cstyle42
10-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Gary Kubiak really needs to be fired I can't stress that enough. He's too okay about losing games. It took 4 loses and a injury to the quarterback who threw 4 straight pick six's for him to make a quarterback change. After Case Keenum comes out and plays the best quarterback game since week 3 of last year this idiot Kubiak says he's still in evaluation stage of every player in every position. If you don't know your players now you'll never know them. He's a freakin idiot and needs to be fired. Now that the nfl has figured him he won't win... but he thinks everything is under control and he thinks he's soooo smart what a idiot. If he brings out Schaub against the colts he is doing the city of Houston, Schaub and this team a disservice.

bOODRO87
10-22-2013, 01:04 PM
Gary Kubiak really needs to be fired I can't stress that enough. He's too okay about losing games. It took 4 loses and a injury to the quarterback who threw 4 straight pick six's for him to make a quarterback change. After Case Keenum comes out and plays the best quarterback game since week 3 of last year this idiot Kubiak says he's still in evaluation stage of every player in every position. If you don't know your players now you'll never know them. He's a freakin idiot and needs to be fired. Now that the nfl has figured him he won't win... but he thinks everything is under control and he thinks he's soooo smart what a idiot. If he brings out Schaub against the colts he is doing the city of Houston, Schaub and this team a disservice.

Agreed. This season has become a joke. I hope he puts Matt out there because there would be no way for him to come back from that decision if Matt were to keep doing his thing.

Kinda like the last scene in Fight Club. We will all be watching a remarkable implosion. Everyone holding hands as well.

http://www.daftblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/blow-up-scene-after-explosion.jpg

GuerillaBlack
10-22-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm not drinking the Kool Aid, but I am old enough to remember the 1993 Oilers. That team started off 1-4 the year after the Buffalo debacle only to run the table and finish 12-4 and earn the first and only first round bye Houston pro football fans have ever known.

2-5 to the playoffs? Stranger things have happened. I'm just sayin.

This. Until the team gets its 7th loss, I'll keep hope alive. Highly unlikely, but you never know.

HOU-TEX
10-22-2013, 02:20 PM

yep, all of that...

...until Kubiak starts Schaub on November 3.

You know it's going to happen, and this city's attitude will go from bad to FUGLY.

This is not a team of destiny. It's an NFL franchise making a good profit.

Good post, Herv. And unfortunately, I've been thinking like DB ever since Keenum got the nod. I think Kubiak has every intention of starting Schaub. The question to me is whether he'll be 'swayed' to do otherwise

Bulls on Parade
10-22-2013, 02:23 PM
This. Until the team gets its 7th loss, I'll keep hope alive. Highly unlikely, but you never know.
If we can beat the Colts on November 3, we shouldn't lose another game for a while. Even with a 2-5 record, winning the AFC South is very possible for the Texans but it's going to be a must-win game on Sunday Night Football at Reliant Stadium 12 nights from now.

Runner
10-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Good post, Herv. And unfortunately, I've been thinking like DB ever since Keenum got the nod. I think Kubiak has every intention of starting Schaub. The question to me is whether he'll be 'swayed' to do otherwise

Schaub will not start over Keenum. The people who run the Texans - the marketing department - wouldn't stand for it.

SCOTTexans
10-22-2013, 02:36 PM

All we have to do is go undefeated in our division (Ind, Jac, @Jac, @Ind, and @Ten), beat the Cardinals or the Raiders and we are 8-8....

Colts lose to Us both times, the Chiefs, the Bengals, and once to Ten or Jac, hope Ten implodes again and we are in the playoffs!

i just made me sad :cry2:

Dread-Head
10-22-2013, 03:06 PM
[Barbecue pit with a pig on a spit rolls down a hill. Homer and Bart give chase until the pit hits a wall and the pig falls into a river]

Homer: it's just a little wet! It's still good! It's still good.

[pig goes into a storm drain pipe and half of it is sticking out of the other end]

Homer: It's just a little slimy! It's still good! It's still good!

[water pressure fires the pig from the pipe and into the distance]

Homer: It's just a little airborne! It's still good! It's still good.

Bart: It's gone...

Homer: (defeated) I know.

toronto
10-22-2013, 04:48 PM
[Barbecue pit with a pig on a spit rolls down a hill. Homer and Bart give chase until the pit hits a wall and the pig falls into a river]

[pig goes into a storm drain pipe and half of it is sticking out of the other end]

God I love that episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS22oyOhHuo

Norg
10-22-2013, 05:20 PM
its not over till u get that 7th loss ... end of story intill then all we can do is hope

TheMatrix31
10-22-2013, 05:25 PM

Only post you've ever made that I've actually liked. This really is bizarro-season.

thetexanator
10-23-2013, 12:35 AM
im feeling it too.

win colts home
jags x2
one of denver,new england
tennessee
oakland
arizona

san diego has a tough schedule.
the jets flame out.

9-7 and we have a shot at last wild card.

ill stop dreaming if we lose to indy in 2 weeks.

fiasco west
10-23-2013, 02:05 AM
That's when legends are made.

http://kckingdom.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/220/files/2013/10/7771538.jpg

That's the truth. The only way this team finishes the season 10-6 or even 11-5 is if Case Keenum will make up for all the holes this team has. He would basically have to turn into a elite QB. It is possible surely but highly unlikely. It would be something similar to what Kaepernick did (although he didn't have to dig his team out of a hole) or what RG3 did when he dug his team out of a hole. He'd have to have a MVP season.

A great QB can have that much effect. That's why I don't think there is any chance Kubes starts Schaub, Keenum the unknown is the only chance this team has now. Him being a QB and making up for the teams poor Oline and inconsistent defense is the only way.

Big Lou
10-23-2013, 02:17 AM
I hadn't been on the site all day and saw this thread and forgot it had been around for a couple of days, and forgot what it was about.

When I saw it I thought "you're damn right we're not out of it it yet,we have 9 more games to suffer through until the end of this travesty, man that's a lot of crappy football".

I hope for the best but plan for the worst for 2013.......

ObsiWan
10-23-2013, 12:08 PM
Schaub will not start over Keenum. The people who run the Texans - the marketing department - wouldn't stand for it.
Disagree.
Why would the Marketing Dept. pass up an excellent chance to sell a boatload of Keenum jerseys??

It ain't like they're gonna sell many more Schaub jerseys.

Runner
10-23-2013, 12:10 PM
Disagree.
Why would the Marketing Dept. pass up an excellent chance to sell a boatload of Keenum jerseys??

I thought that's what I said.

Corrosion
10-23-2013, 12:20 PM

Just so people can burn them ....:specnatz:

ObsiWan
10-23-2013, 12:49 PM
I thought that's what I said.
Apologies sir. I mis-read your post.

Runner
10-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Apologies sir. I mis-read your post.

Please excuse the double negative in the post.

ObsiWan
10-23-2013, 01:12 PM
The Texans' Mktg Dept....

...roughly two weeks ago.

http://assets.amuniversal.com/798d5e5012ae01312a52001dd8b71c47

Dread-Head
10-23-2013, 01:42 PM
God I love that episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS22oyOhHuo

How do you NOT!? :dread: It also contained the exchange:

[Lisa drives lawnmower and uses it to propell barbecue pit down the street]

Marge: Bart NOOOO!

Bart: What? I'm right here.

Marge: Sorry force of habit.

Trail.Blazr
10-24-2013, 01:11 PM
All we have to do is go undefeated in our division (Ind, Jac, @Jac, @Ind, and @Ten), beat the Cardinals or the Raiders and we are 8-8....

Colts lose to Us both times, the Chiefs, the Bengals, and once to Ten or Jac, hope Ten implodes again and we are in the playoffs!

i just made me sad :cry2:

LOL... the river is starting to flow. It does look bleak. Even for a wild card, we're likely only going to be able to get away with two more loss at most. And none of those should come from the division if we are to have a shot. If we can't beat the Jags, heaven help us. Tennessee has to be over come by division and overall. In either scenario, it's looking for SURE that the week 9 Indy game is where the fulcrum lies in terms of what's already a long shot.

Week 9's outcome will be either a launch pad of the most improbable come back in the NFL for eons, or where you can absolutely put a fork in the team.

I'll be absolutely shocked to see a W given the current state of dissaray, but
I've held out this long, so... I gotta see it through week 9. Go Texans!

Thorn
10-24-2013, 02:00 PM
I'll be absolutely shocked to see a W given the current state of dissaray, but I've held out this long, so... I gotta see it through week 9. Go Texans!

There's a huge difference between hoping for a win and expecting a win, or even a decent game. I'm always hoping for a win, but usually expecting something else. But for the Indy game on Sunday night, that would be just frigging fantastic to beat the Dolts and Luck in front of everyone.

Bulls on Parade
10-24-2013, 02:32 PM
If the Texans can give the same effort they showed at Kansas City I'm confident they'll beat the Colts on November 3. I thought they played hard for a full 60 minutes for the first time this season.

That would be two weeks for Arian Foster and Ben Tate to be healthy again. All we really lacked against the Chiefs was a run game. We barely lost 17-16 on the road against an undefeated team.

One game at a time is all I'm focusing on. So that November 3 Sunday Night game is going to be huge. Pretty much our season on the line. It's a must-win game. If we lose that one then you can say the season is over.

thunderkyss
10-24-2013, 03:44 PM
It's not unreasonable to think the Texans can win the next 4.

Lose to NE

Then win the 4 after that.

It's only 10-6, but we'd be going into the play-offs with more momentum than we did last year.

Trail.Blazr
10-24-2013, 04:27 PM
It's not unreasonable to think the Texans can win the next 4.

Lose to NE

Then win the 4 after that.

It's only 10-6, but we'd be going into the play-offs with more momentum than we did last year.

If we could beat Indy, I like our chances with NE. No wilfork, no Mayo and issues with receiving talent... IMHO, Indy is the bigger challenge.

I agree with Thorn. At this point, it's all about hopeful.

One game at a time. I've never said it before, but read it many times... November 3 is the biggest game in franchise history! :thisbig:

Runner
10-24-2013, 04:40 PM
If the Texans can give the same effort they showed at Kansas City I'm confident they'll beat the Colts on November 3. I thought they played hard for a full 60 minutes for the first time this season.

What if the Colts can give the same effort they showed at Denver? At this point it isn't all about the Texans and their effort. There are many teams in the league that are better than the 2-5 Texans.

Can the Texans win? Sure. Do the Colts have any say in the result? Yes they do. Given the way they have both played this year I'd be hard pressed to be "confident" of a Texans win even if they play well. The Colts are a better team.

HJam72
10-24-2013, 05:40 PM
I just feel like losing Cushing is a bigger blow than we can overcome when we are already 2-5 & Indy is ballin'. My opinion, the rest of this season is about whether Keenum is next year's starter, or somebody else that is not on this team yet. In that vein, I'll just say that I will no longer get upset about losses as long as Keenum is not the reason for them. We don't totally suck, but this season is toast. :kubepalm:

BTW, if Schaub starts one more time, unless it is because Keenum has had plenty of opportunity and completely blown it, I join the fire Kubiak crowd.

eriadoc
10-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Since TKyss phrased it this way, I'll just continue - I do not think it's not unreasonable (HA! Triple negative!) to beat the Colts. It's unreasonable to think they will, actually. Hope springs eternal, of course, and I have more of that now than I did two weeks ago, but the Colts are for real, despite TKyss' refusal to acknowledge Luck's mastery of the position.

eriadoc
10-24-2013, 05:46 PM
I just feel like losing Cushing is a bigger blow than we can overcome ...

And then there's this.

thunderkyss
10-24-2013, 05:55 PM
I just feel like losing Cushing is a bigger blow than we can overcome

I'm hoping if we don't talk about it, it never happened.

...but the Colts are for real, despite TKyss' refusal to acknowledge Luck's mastery of the position.

I do not deny that the Colts are for real... in fact they look more like the Super Bowl Patriots than the Bradies.... y'know, when their QB was clutch as hell, but his biggest contribution to the team was not screwing up.

Yes, Tom Brady turned into a great QB, but very little from that time pointed to him becoming such.

Double Barrel
10-25-2013, 11:47 AM
Since TKyss phrased it this way, I'll just continue - I do not think it's not unreasonable (HA! Triple negative!) to beat the Colts. It's unreasonable to think they will, actually. Hope springs eternal, of course, and I have more of that now than I did two weeks ago, but the Colts are for real, despite TKyss' refusal to acknowledge Luck's mastery of the position.

yep.

Unreasonable is defined as "not guided by or based on good sense".

And while I never want to rain on anyone's parade, the reality is that the Texans are playing like a 2-5 team right now. Add to this the very significant injuries involved, and the probability that the 2013 Texans can somehow rise above themselves to only lose one more game this season is about as improbable as it gets.

I would love for it to happen, of course. I'm not rooting for them to tank to get a high pick and lose Kubiak (although I would see those as silver linings to an abysmal season). But, I'm a very pragmatic person and the reality is that this year's version of the Texans sucks about as bad as the 2005 version.

thunderkyss
10-25-2013, 12:15 PM
...the reality is that the Texans are playing like a 2-5 team right now.

But, I'm a very pragmatic person and the reality is that this year's version of the Texans sucks about as bad as the 2005 version.

I'm not denying any of that.

There are some pretty big ifs in my hope. & that's all it is right now, unfounded hope. Not a prediction, not a guarantee.

Unfounded, fanatical hope.

Thorn
10-25-2013, 12:23 PM
I'm not denying any of that.

There are some pretty big ifs in my hope. & that's all it is right now, unfounded hope. Not a prediction, not a guarantee.

Unfounded, fanatical hope.

There are a couple of things I'm still hopeful about.

1. Win enough games to prove we aren't completely dead. At least take both games from the Jags for gods sake.
2. Keenum does well and becomes our starter.
3. Kubiak gone. gone. gone.

After that it becomes more wishful thinking than hopeful.

infantrycak
10-25-2013, 12:39 PM
2. Keenum does well and becomes our starter.
3. Kubiak gone. gone. gone.

These two together are extremely unlikely. If Kubiak is fired it will be because McNair comes to the conclusion the team outside of QB is better than Kubiak. He'll let a new HC pick his solution at QB.

Thorn
10-25-2013, 12:42 PM
These two together are extremely unlikely. If Kubiak is fired it will be because McNair comes to the conclusion the team outside of QB is better than Kubiak. He'll let a new HC pick his solution at QB.

True. But in my little fantasy world Keenum sets the world on fire AND Kubiak gets fired. :)

Blake
10-25-2013, 12:50 PM

I agree. IMO the only hope Keenum has of being the starter through next year is if Kubiak stays.

I like Keenum, but would rather take a shot at some of these QBs coming out like Mariota, Hundley, ect.

Seegara
10-25-2013, 01:56 PM
I agree. Kubiak's ouster is unlikely. A new coach would, without any doubt, choose Keenum from among those we have now. Case needs to wrap up the ball when he's about to be sacked, but that's something he can learn. He already reads a defense better than the other 2, and avoids throwing to a defender when they have anticipated the play and are hovering there waiting to pick the ball off.

Runner
10-25-2013, 02:42 PM
There are a couple of things I'm still hopeful about.

1. Win enough games to prove we aren't completely dead. At least take both games from the Jags for gods sake.

Ouch. I just stubbed my toe on the bar. It was so low I didn't see it. :)

Thorn
10-25-2013, 08:01 PM
Ouch. I just stubbed my toe on the bar. It was so low I didn't see it. :)

Hey, at least we aren't going to lose a game this weekend. :lol:

Exascor
10-25-2013, 08:18 PM
Hey, at least we aren't going to lose a game this weekend. :lol:Meh - Vegas has us as 3 point underdogs vs the Bye. We could still lose. :scarygirl:

CeeQue
10-26-2013, 07:30 AM
Season is over... The window for a Super Bowl team has closed. We'll be an average team until we can get a stellar QB.

thunderkyss
10-26-2013, 03:59 PM
Things will look better after we win the next 4.

Hervoyel
10-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Things will look better after we win the next 4.

Granted.

burro
10-27-2013, 01:27 AM
Let's assume we beat Indy coming out of the bye: 3-5

We then have then have the Cardinals, Raiders, Jags, Pats, and then the Jags again: The Pats looks beatable and there isn't another game in that stretch that we should lose. Let's be realistic and assume we lose to the Pats and win the others: 7-6

That leaves the last 3 games against Indy, Denver, and the Tacks. Winning any two of those games could get us into the play offs under certain circumstances. In other words, we aren't really done yet.

Then again, it's all over if Indy wins next week. You might say its....THE BIGGEST GAME IN FRANCHISE HISTORY!!!!!!

:texflag:

Vance87
10-27-2013, 01:54 AM
Then again, it's all over if Indy wins next week. You might say its....THE BIGGEST GAME IN FRANCHISE HISTORY!!!!!!

Oh lord :kubepalm:

CloakNNNdagger
10-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Just noticed that 4 of 5 of our next games will be at home!

CloakNNNdagger
10-28-2013, 11:56 AM
I agree. IMO the only hope Keenum has of being the starter through next year is if Kubiak stays.

I like Keenum, but would rather take a shot at some of these QBs coming out like Mariota, Hundley, ect.

If Kubiak gets fired and Gruden happens to migrate over here, he is likely to go with Keenum.

thunderkyss
10-28-2013, 01:39 PM
If Kubiak gets fired and Gruden happens to migrate over here, he is likely to go with Keenum.

New coaches love their own QBs, especially offensive minded coaches. & with the people yaking about all the talented QBs coming in next years draft, you can be sure Gruden will bring in his own guy. Case is last year's news, Gruden has most likely moved on.

Case's best chance to be a starter in this league is with Kubiak. Case is going to be who Case is going to be & if Kubiak saw what you Case fans saw, then another coach will as well. But if he is picked up by another team, it will be with an opportunity to compete for a starting gig, & we know those competitions aren't always on the up & up.

Best chance for Case, imo, is Kubiak.

eriadoc
10-28-2013, 01:45 PM
Let's assume we beat Indy coming out of the bye ...

Let's assume the Texans win the Super Bowl this year. Then it's clear we've found our QB of the future. :texflag:

thunderkyss
10-28-2013, 01:52 PM
& I know people criticize Kubiak for his allegiance to Kubiak, but Kubiak showed no more allegiance to Schaub than any other HC would have shown for their QB who played as well as Schaub in recent history.

Harbaugh didn't make the switch to his guy until Alex Smith got hurt. Matt Ryan is still starting in Atlanta, Flacco still starts in Baltimore (& he's had several sub-par games before winning the Super Bowl).

Matt Schaub didn't earn the slack that Eli Manning has, but he definitely earned 3 or 4 games.

& this offense looked awesome from the get go with Schaub as a first time starter (granted he had a whole off-season to prepare), & Case is a much better athlete than Schaub was & this team is a much better team.

Bulls on Parade
10-29-2013, 06:37 AM
Run the table, finish 11-5 and win the AFC South.

http://youtu.be/VcjzHMhBtf0

I still believe! :fieldgoal

thunderkyss
10-29-2013, 08:11 AM
We're only two games out of the wild-card

Thorn
10-29-2013, 08:17 AM

That is what is so frustrating. There is still an excellent chance the Texans can make the playoffs as a wild card. Given the defensive woes we need a miracle from the offense. If Keenum helps provide one, there is still that hope of a wild card slot. Taking the division though I think is past hope, and is very quickly moving into the fantasy category. LOL

Trail.Blazr
10-29-2013, 09:06 AM
That is what is so frustrating. There is still an excellent chance the Texans can make the playoffs as a wild card. Given the defensive woes we need a miracle from the offense. If Keenum helps provide one, there is still that hope of a wild card slot. Taking the division though I think is past hope, and is very quickly moving into the fantasy category. LOL

In terms of Hope, obviously having a winning divisional record, this is the one positive that can be built off as this team moves ahead after the bye week.

2 weeks to prepare for the Colts at home is a huge aspect to put some hope into.

If there's ever a week the Texans need it's fan base, it's this one!

I'm glad Ellis started this thread. I was resigned that this season was over. While the realist in me still thinks in all probability, it should be, now I'm shifting my expectations to avoid frustration, but clearly have a chance to continue enjoying the rest of the season... win, lose or draw.

WWJJD?

disaacks3
10-29-2013, 09:31 AM
Case's best chance to be a starter in this league is with Kubiak. His best chance to GET a start was with Kubiak. That's it. Once he hits the field as a starter, ANY coach gets to see if they like what he brings.

Matt Schaub didn't earn the slack that Eli Manning has, but he definitely earned 3 or 4 games. And he got those, but kept up the pick-o-matic.

Trail.Blazr
10-29-2013, 09:41 AM
Let's assume we beat Indy coming out of the bye: 3-5

We then have then have the Cardinals, Raiders, Jags, Pats, and then the Jags again: The Pats looks beatable and there isn't another game in that stretch that we should lose. Let's be realistic and assume we lose to the Pats and win the others: 7-6

That leaves the last 3 games against Indy, Denver, and the Tacks. Winning any two of those games could get us into the play offs under certain circumstances. In other words, we aren't really done yet.

I already beat you to the punch on that phrase for this thread! LOL

But I love the blurry line from "Assuming" we beat Indy and Being "realistic" ;-)

No if's, and's or buts, we HAVE to beat Indy or we really are done.

But realistically, if we can beat Indy, there's not a team left on our schedule that I wouldn't think would be a bigger threat, but at the same time, there isn't a team left that we can't lose to. We basically have to get lucky every week now. No more room for bad.

Runner
10-29-2013, 09:58 AM
But I love the blurry line from "Assuming" we beat Indy and Being "realistic" ;-)

I don't believe the lines are blurry at all. There are two distinct lines.

1) The line drawn from doing a football analysis of how the two teams are playing this year.

2) The line drawn from "who is my favorite team".

I do agree that they are still in "it" though - up to their necks and getting deeper. The problem is, what is "it"? I'm going to say kimchi. They are in deep kimchi.

eriadoc
10-29-2013, 10:22 AM

This is somewhat misleading on its face. If the playoffs started today, the first wild card would go to the 7-1 Broncos. That leaves one wild card, for which 7 teams are ahead of the Texans. So yeah, they may "only" be 2 games out of the wild card, but 7 other teams are not even that far out. It's still early, so that doesn't mean it's impossible, but what it does mean is they do not control their own destiny. Even if they win out, they need some help. If the Texans win out and the Colts go 7-2, with the two losses being to the Texans, the Colts would finish 12-4 to the Texans' 11-5. Anyone who thinks the Texans are going to win out ... first of all, needs to share. It's toke, toke, PASS. Second, they'd have to acknowledge that the Colts could win out. Finally, they'd have to really be in love with what Keenum brings to the position, I think.

Just two games out of the wild card though. LOL

thunderkyss
10-29-2013, 02:16 PM
His best chance to GET a start was with Kubiak. That's it. Once he hits the field as a starter, ANY coach gets to see if they like what he brings.

If he doesn't play well, Kubiak's gone. If Kubiak is gone, the new coach will bring in his own QB, especially considering the strength of the upcoming draft. Like it or not, the guy they drafted will have all the advantages of any "competition" or "evaluation" they might have.

Especially Gruden. He loves QBs, he's going to draft one in this draft.

No way around it, if Kubiak loses his job this season, Case didn't play very well at all & unless a UH alum becomes a HC in the NFL, Case will soon be forgotten.

And he got those, but kept up the pick-o-matic.

Yes.

thunderkyss
10-29-2013, 02:28 PM
This is somewhat misleading on its face.

The point is "all is not lost" We've got people already talking about giving up on the season, tanking, & all kinds of stuff based on the fact that we won't make the play-offs.

But we're two games out of the Wild-Card.

1-0

Double Barrel
10-29-2013, 03:31 PM

Before KC, perhaps probably (although I think teams might have shown interest after his preseason performances).

After KC, I think there are definitely teams that would bring him in to kick the tires.

Keenum holds his and Kubiak's future in his hands right now. Honestly, I hope he's the man to save both of their jobs and the season, as well.

Hervoyel
10-29-2013, 05:15 PM
New coaches love their own QBs, especially offensive minded coaches. & with the people yaking about all the talented QBs coming in next years draft, you can be sure Gruden will bring in his own guy. Case is last year's news, Gruden has most likely moved on.

Case's best chance to be a starter in this league is with Kubiak. Case is going to be who Case is going to be & if Kubiak saw what you Case fans saw, then another coach will as well. But if he is picked up by another team, it will be with an opportunity to compete for a starting gig, & we know those competitions aren't always on the up & up.

Gruden gushes over Keenum and has for some time.

Kubiak, Gruden, or someone else matters not. Case's best chance to be a starter in this league is to tear it up over the next 9 games and seize the job if he can. In reality that's his only chance to be a starter in this league and that's really not all that different from most everyone else playing in the NFL. Drafted or UDFA it doesn't matter one bit. When you get your chance you either nail it or stumble.

Thorn
10-29-2013, 05:51 PM

Kubiak, Gruden, or someone else matters not. Case's best chance to be a starter in this league is to tear it up over the next 9 games and seize the job if he can. In reality that's his only chance to be a starter in this league and that's really not all that different from most everyone else playing in the NFL. Drafted or UDFA it doesn't matter one bit. When you get your chance you either nail it or stumble.

Exactly. Just like not all high round picks turn out to worthwhile. It all depends on the individual.

YeaLikeRightNow
10-29-2013, 06:24 PM
& I know people criticize Kubiak for his allegiance to "Schaub", but Kubiak showed no more allegiance to Schaub than any other HC would have shown for their QB who played as well as Schaub in recent history.

Harbaugh didn't make the switch to his guy until Alex Smith got hurt. Matt Ryan is still starting in Atlanta, Flacco still starts in Baltimore (& he's had several sub-par games before winning the Super Bowl).

Matt Schaub didn't earn the slack that Eli Manning has, but he definitely earned 3 or 4 games.

& this offense looked awesome from the get go with Schaub as a first time starter (granted he had a whole off-season to prepare), & Case is a much better athlete than Schaub was & this team is a much better team.

Here is my take on this:

Kubiak showed more allegiance to Schaub than I've ever seen a head coach display. He put the team's record on the line for Schaub to hopefully come out of his funk. Kubiak's play-calling (or lack of), was centered around Schaub's disabilities.

Schaub has been playing hurt since he returned from his LisFranc injury. He has never been the same quarterback and both Kubes and Schaub knew it. Do I have proof? Yes...look at the simplistic play-calling.

Eli earned his slack...he's won SuperBowls. Schaub barely got us by the first two games of this season and was pathetic the last half of the 2012 season.

Schaub even admitted, he was the problem why the Texans have suffered this year.

Just my opinion, and what I gather from the big picture.

thunderkyss
10-29-2013, 06:33 PM

Gruden gushes over QBs..... that's what he does, like Parcells & Linebackers, Kubiak & TEs. Trust me there'll be a new flavor of the month next year.

Yes.... pretty much saying the same thing. If Case plays well, Kubiak has a job & Keenum is the starter. If he doesn't, Kubiak is gone & since Keenum didn't play well, he's going to be that other guy who might get a chance to prove himself, might not ala Kolb, Young, Flynn....

So right now, the best chance for Keenum to become a true starter in this league, Kubiak gives him his best chance (since he is here now). Kubiak has to draw up some plays to maximize what the kid does, allow him to grow, & protect him at the same time.

If Kubiak can't do that, Keenum fades away ala Flynn.

thunderkyss
10-29-2013, 07:02 PM
Here is my take on this:

Kubiak showed more allegiance to Schaub than I've ever seen a head coach display. He put the team's record on the line for Schaub to hopefully come out of his funk.

When has a coach showed less support for his QB?

ObsiWan
11-06-2013, 01:36 AM
When has a coach showed less support for his QB?
Looks at Tampa Bay....

...unless the key phrase in your question is "his QB"...

EllisUnit
11-06-2013, 11:47 AM
We still arent out of it, all we need is an 8 game winning streak haha. The way case has played i thin we could do it, defense needs to tighten up a bit though.

Hervoyel
11-06-2013, 12:51 PM
We still arent out of it, all we need is an 8 game winning streak haha. The way case has played i thin we could do it, defense needs to tighten up a bit though.

I'll settle for one and worry about the rest of it after we get that one.

Having said that.....

8 games. Ok, so we're 2-6 with Cards, Raiders, and Jags up next. 3 game win streak. Would have been nice to have had that Colts game but it's in the past.

3 wins and we're 5-6 with the Patriots coming to town.

Now say that somehow we put enough together to make it past New England. I've seen stranger things happen. A David Carr led Texans team once took them to overtime here in a season that the Pats won the Super Bowl over Carolina so say we string together those three wins and then get an upset. We're finally at .500 with a 6-6 record.

Next up is Jaguars again. Take care of business and we're 7-6

Then the home stretch looms. Colts, Broncos, and Titans.

Beat Indy at their house? Never done it before. Beat Peyton and the Bronco's here? That's just as close to being a certain loss in my mind as the Colts game in Indy. Titans? Well maybe we could work out a win there.

8-8 finish is the best I can imagine us doing this year. Outside shot at 9-7 if we get an upset in one of the last three games.

The part I find myself most interested in is what the Texans would have to do to put that .500 record together at this point. In my eyes that would make the Keenum-led Texans 6-4 and when taking into account injuries and "The Randy Bullock Experience" closer to 8-2. I genuinely believe that had our running backs not all been hurt on the same day in KC and had Bullock not been retained and allowed to screw up our turnaround we'd be sitting 2-0 since Keenum took over.

That's a bright future with a middle of the round-ish pick in the upcoming draft. I can live with that.

TexansSeminole
11-08-2013, 03:52 AM

Even with Case, this team is not at all good, or capable of pulling off an 8 game winning streak to end the season. We're 0-2 with our new QB by the way. Our offense had a grand total of 9 points in the second half of those two ball games. Granted, the second half of the Colts game could probably atleast partially be attributed to Gary going down at half time, but facts are facts. The defense needs to tighten up a lot, but the offense needs to be better as well.

TheMatrix31
11-08-2013, 06:45 AM
Gonna be tough to pull off the impossible without Cushing. Here's hoping we make it interesting. Doubt it though. Damn I wish we won last week. Ugh.

Runner
11-08-2013, 07:13 AM
The Texans are 2-6. They have to triple their success rate in the second half of the season just to reach 8-8.

They are more out of it now than when this thread was started, and they were out of it then.

Honoring Earl 34
11-08-2013, 08:15 AM
The Texans are 2-6. They have to triple their success rate in the second half of the season just to reach 8-8.

They are more out of it now than when this thread was started, and they were out of it then.

Yep ... 8-8 is what the fans and the Texans were after in 2004 . In 2013 an 8-8 record or fighting to get there , is an epic failure . :polevault:

hradhak
11-08-2013, 08:50 AM
I think this season is lost, but this is a great opportunity to get Keenum reps and learn the offense. He needs to build a repoire with Hop, AJ, and OD when he gets back. Hopefully Posey or Jean can get reps too and become a legit #3.

Our defense is really going to be the issue here. We need a shot in the arm and I'm not sure benching Reed for Keo is really the answer

chicagotexan2
11-08-2013, 08:57 AM

And EVEN if we were to somehow miraculously win all of the next 8 games the Colts would have to fall off a cliff. I don't see that happening. The only realistic hope I have for the remainder of this season is that Keenum plays really well and solves our QB issue. This season is finished and it was a collssal dissapointment. Accept it and look forward to next season.

Trail.Blazr
11-08-2013, 09:19 AM
I know I may be in the minority, if the playoffs are out of question, I covet a top 5 draft pick. It's the only consolation I can see from a suck season. I value a higher pick much more than playing spoiler to anyone.

:tomato:

Uncle Rico
11-08-2013, 11:11 AM
I know I may be in the minority, if the playoffs are out of question, I covet a top 5 draft pick. It's the only consolation I can see from a suck season. I value a higher pick much more than playing spoiler to anyone.

:tomato:

Must get into the top 5, and try to secure an additional 1st in order to turn it around by next year. An 8-8 finish places you in the 13-16 range at which point true game changers are off the board. Moral victories are cute, but senseless at this point.

Vance87
11-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Must get into the top 5, and try to secure an additional 1st in order to turn it around by next year. An 8-8 finish places you in the 13-16 range at which point true game changers are off the board. Moral victories are cute, but senseless at this point.

Yeah there are no game changers left at all so I agree with you about losing out.

-DeAndre Hopkins

ATXtexanfan
11-08-2013, 11:30 AM
I'm for draft position as well. Holes all over this team. Draft key to keeping what was a wide open window open.

Thorn
11-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Honestly, I don't think the Texans are gonna even sniff the playoffs this year. But that doesn't keep me from watching the games and hoping for the best. I want so much to see Keenum tear up some serious ass on someone and we win by three touchdowns. Goods QBs and a couple of good receivers can take you all the way if things fall into place correctly. Or in the Texans case, luckily.

Double Barrel
11-08-2013, 11:36 AM
I understand the perspective of "fans of losing", but I will never agree with it.

Did anyone see the Vikings game last night? Those dudes could not care less about a freakin' 2014 draft pick. They were out there fighting like they were still in a race.

http://i.qkme.me/3qrxtk.jpg

ATXtexanfan
11-08-2013, 11:38 AM
I understand the perspective of "fans of losing", but I will never agree with it.

Did anyone see the Vikings game last night? Those dudes could not care less about a freakin' 2014 draft pick. They were out there fighting like they were still in a race.

http://i.qkme.me/3qrxtk.jpg

Lol I couldnt help but think the skins looked like the texans

Uncle Rico
11-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Yeah there are no game changers left at all so I agree with you about losing out.

-DeAndre Hopkins

Nice hands, bad speed. Reason he was drafted late 1st.

He ain't no AJ Green, Dez Bryant or Megatron. Those guys are game changers, hell even Dre at his age is more of a game changer than nuuk cmon now.

Top 5 pick vs middle to late 1st round, what's the debate?

Vance87
11-08-2013, 12:25 PM

He ain't no AJ Green, Dez Bryant or Megatron. Those guys are game changers, hell even Dre at his age is more of a game changer than nuuk cmon now.

You're probably right. Tanking to get a higher draft pick is definitely the way to go, that way you ensure you get the better player.

-Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith

Exascor
11-08-2013, 12:27 PM

Aaron Curry - pick 4 2009
Brian Cushing - pick 15 2009
Clay Matthews - pick 26 2009

High draft picks don't guarantee anything. Sometimes teams buy into predraft hype too.

Thorn
11-08-2013, 12:27 PM

The debate is about watching the Texans and wanting them to win or lose. I want them to win.

Vance87
11-08-2013, 12:31 PM
The debate is about watching the Texans and wanting them to win or lose. I want them to win.

If you were a REAL Texans fan you'd want them to lose to grab that top pick and obtain a high-caliber game changer.

- Uncle Rico and Blaine Gabbert

The Pencil Neck
11-08-2013, 12:56 PM

You play to win the game. Period.

Where you pick doesn't mean that much. Top 5 pick has just as much, if not more, bust potential than a mid to late 1st rounder.

Where was Aaron Rodgers picked? Where was Jamarcus Russell picked? How about Aaron Curry or Mark Sanchez? Gaines Adams?

How about JJ Watt and Brian Cushing?

So. No. Leave me out of the club of people wanting to tank for tanking's sake.

EllisUnit
11-08-2013, 02:07 PM
If you were a REAL Texans fan you'd want them to lose to grab that top pick and obtain a high-caliber game changer.

- Uncle Rico and Blaine Gabbert

You teach players to give u there 100 percent all the time during practice and games. You can not go and ask them to lose because they are not good enough to win. People say the colts "suck for luck" thats BS they tried to win every game they could, they didnt throw games to get luck. Come on people its not in people human nature to try to lose, and they wont.

Uncle Rico
11-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Lol cherry pick early round busts to suit your argument all you want, odds are better of obtaining premier talent with a higher pick. Having incompetent managers and scouts who can't find that talent is another issue altogether.

Should I just run down the last 5 drafts and throw up names to fit my opinion too?

Woo hoo let's go get to 8-8 and get that studly OG we desperately need!

I'm the Texanstalk whipping boy, and I approved this post. Lol

(I'm sure you REAL fans will think of more clever names to call me, I'm giddy with
anticipation)

Exascor
11-08-2013, 03:31 PM
You teach players to give u there 100 percent all the time during practice and games. You can not go and ask them to lose because they are not good enough to win. People say the colts "suck for luck" thats BS they tried to win every game they could, they didnt throw games to get luck. Come on people its not in people human nature to try to lose, and they wont.I do agree that the players won't tank. I even doubt that coaches will tank. That is their jobs on the line. That's ridiculous and statements like that likely comes from people that have never played anything competitive.

This is where I disagree with you and a lot of other posters that I really respect. The organization can decide to try again next year by blowing this year. I truly believe that it happened with the Colts. I think once they were forced to go with Painter after Collins went down they were ready to lose out for draft position. Picking up the 0-16 Lions leader Dan Orlovsky sure doesn't seem like a move to improve the teams chances of winning does it?

10-6 team less Manning = 2-14? Both wins were after the #1 pick was secured?
2-14 team plus Luck & a few others = 11-5? Seem suspicious.

There's no proof either way. I could be completely wrong. Just my opinion.

The Pencil Neck
11-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Lol cherry pick early round busts to suit your argument all you want, odds are better of obtaining premier talent with a higher pick. Having incompetent managers and scouts who can't find that talent is another issue altogether.

Should I just run down the last 5 drafts and throw up names to fit my opinion too?

Woo hoo let's go get to 8-8 and get that studly OG we desperately need!

I'm the Texanstalk whipping boy, and I approved this post. Lol

(I'm sure you REAL fans will think of more clever names to call me, I'm giddy with
anticipation)

OK. Let's NOT Cherry Pick. Let's look at the top 5 picks from 2002-2010. How about that? And let's look at Pro Bowls for want of a better gauge.

1. David Carr - 0 PB (Bust)
2. Julius Peppers - 8 PB (Future HOF)
3. Joey Harrington - 0 PB (Bust)
4. Mike Williams - 0 PB (Epic bust)
5. Quentin Jammer - 0 PB
1. Carson Palmer - 2 PB, not worth a #1
2. Charles Rogers - 0 PB (Epic Bust)
3. Andre Johnson - 6 PB (Possible HOF)
4. Dewayne Robertson - 0 PB
5. Terence Newman - 2 PB
1. Eli Manning - 3 PB
2. Robert Gallery - 0 PB, Bust
3. Larry Fitzgerald - 7 PB
4. Philip Rivers - 4 PB
5. Sean Taylor - 2 PB Sad story
1. Alex Smith - 0 PB, Looked like a bust for years
2. Ronnie Brown - 1 PB, Good player
3. Braylon Edwards - 1 PB, Iffy
4. Cedric Benson - 0 PB, Bustish, a couple of decent years
5. Cadillac Williams - 0PB, a few decent years
1. Mario Williams - 2 PB, iffy
2. Reggie Bush - 0 PB, Looked like a bust for years
3. Vince Young - 2 PB, Bust
4. D'Brickasaw Ferguson - 3 PB, Good player
5. A.J. Hawk - 0 PB but good player
1. Jamarcus Russell - 0 PB, Epic Bust
2. Calvin Johnson - 3 PB, Possible Future HOF
3. Joe Thomas - 6 PB, Great pick
4. Gaines Adams - 0 PB, epic bust
5. Levi Brown - 0 PB, not a great pick
1. Jake Long - 4 PB, good pick
2. Chris Long - 0 PB, meh
3. Matt Ryan - 2 PB, iffy
4. Darren McFadden - 0 PB, bustish
5. Glenn Dorsey - 0 PB but OK
1. Matthew Stafford - 0 PB, iffy
2. Jason Smith - 0 PB, bust
3. Tyson Jackson - 0 PB, bustish
4. Aaron Curry - 0 PB, Epic Bust
5. Mark Sanchez - 0 PB, Bust
1. Sam Bradford - 0 PB, Bustish
2. Ndamukong Suh - 2 PB
3. Gerald McCoy - 1 PB
4. Trent Williams - 1 PB
5. Eric Berry - 2 PB

There are some good picks in there, especially at WR with Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, and Calvin Johnson. But there are more misses than hits with guys you're trying to portray as sure-fire.

Is the Best Running Back in the league in there? No. The Best Defensive Linemen or Linebackers? No. The Best QBs? Peyton was a #1 pick and most good QBs are first rounders, but the top 5 is a crap shoot.

Which is my one of my points.

Many of the best players are taken later in the first round or even later. Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Roethlisberger, etc., etc.

If you want a team that has a winning mind-set (which I do), then I want them to go out and win every game even when the season's gone wrong. I don't want them to give up. I want a team full of high-motor guys like JJ Watt and Brian Cushing and I want them to fight from beginning to end.

I'm not going to get those players and I'm not going to get that sort of effort if I start asking them to fail.

steelbtexan
11-08-2013, 07:24 PM
This is BoB's team as Champs 2012 posted he doesn't owe us/we the fans anything.

Yes, we are out of it now.

infantrycak
11-08-2013, 07:35 PM

Lol cherry pick early round busts to suit your argument all you want, odds are better of obtaining premier talent with a higher pick.

You made the statement in bold so own up to it and please don't try to weasel out with some distinction on "true game changers." No need to cherry pick busts, you are just wrong. There are impact/team changing players every year at 13+.

2002 - Jeremy Shockey, Albert Haynesworth, Ed Reed
2003 - Troy Polomalu, Dallas Clark, Larry Johnson, Nnamdi Asomugha
2004 - Tommy Harris, Vince Wilfork, Stephen Jackson, Shawn Andrews
2005 - Jammal Brown, Derrick Johnson, Aaron Rodgers, Roddy White, Logan Mankins
2006 - Antonio Cromartie, Tamba Hali, DeAngelo Williams, Nick Mangold
2007 - Darelle Revis, Leon Hall, Aaron Ross, Jon Beason, Joe Staley
2008 - Jonathan Stewart, Chris Johnson, Duane Brown, Joe Flacco
2009 - Brian Orakpo, Brian Cushing, Percy Harvin, Clay Mathews, Hakeem Nicks
2010 - Jason Pierre-Paul, Mike Iupati, Maurkice Pouncy, Dez Bryant

That isn't counting guys outside the 1st round like Drew Brees, DeMeco, Clinton Portis, Anquan Boldin, Rob Gronkowski, Lesean McCoy, Ray Rice, Matt Forte, Maurice Jones-Drew, etc.

Point is EVERY year there are impact players to go along with lots and lots of really good starters.

steelbtexan
11-08-2013, 07:36 PM
OK. Let's NOT Cherry Pick. Let's look at the top 5 picks from 2002-2010. How about that? And let's look at Pro Bowls for want of a better gauge.

1. David Carr - 0 PB (Bust)
2. Julius Peppers - 8 PB (Future HOF)
3. Joey Harrington - 0 PB (Bust)
4. Mike Williams - 0 PB (Epic bust)
5. Quentin Jammer - 0 PB
1. Carson Palmer - 2 PB, not worth a #1
2. Charles Rogers - 0 PB (Epic Bust)
3. Andre Johnson - 6 PB (Possible HOF)
4. Dewayne Robertson - 0 PB
5. Terence Newman - 2 PB
1. Eli Manning - 3 PB
2. Robert Gallery - 0 PB, Bust
3. Larry Fitzgerald - 7 PB
4. Philip Rivers - 4 PB
5. Sean Taylor - 2 PB Sad story
1. Alex Smith - 0 PB, Looked like a bust for years
2. Ronnie Brown - 1 PB, Good player
3. Braylon Edwards - 1 PB, Iffy
4. Cedric Benson - 0 PB, Bustish, a couple of decent years
5. Cadillac Williams - 0PB, a few decent years
1. Mario Williams - 2 PB, iffy
2. Reggie Bush - 0 PB, Looked like a bust for years
3. Vince Young - 2 PB, Bust
4. D'Brickasaw Ferguson - 3 PB, Good player
5. A.J. Hawk - 0 PB but good player
1. Jamarcus Russell - 0 PB, Epic Bust
2. Calvin Johnson - 3 PB, Possible Future HOF
3. Joe Thomas - 6 PB, Great pick
4. Gaines Adams - 0 PB, epic bust
5. Levi Brown - 0 PB, not a great pick
1. Jake Long - 4 PB, good pick
2. Chris Long - 0 PB, meh
3. Matt Ryan - 2 PB, iffy
4. Darren McFadden - 0 PB, bustish
5. Glenn Dorsey - 0 PB but OK
1. Matthew Stafford - 0 PB, iffy
2. Jason Smith - 0 PB, bust
3. Tyson Jackson - 0 PB, bustish
4. Aaron Curry - 0 PB, Epic Bust
5. Mark Sanchez - 0 PB, Bust
1. Sam Bradford - 0 PB, Bustish
2. Ndamukong Suh - 2 PB
3. Gerald McCoy - 1 PB
4. Trent Williams - 1 PB
5. Eric Berry - 2 PB

There are some good picks in there, especially at WR with Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, and Calvin Johnson. But there are more misses than hits with guys you're trying to portray as sure-fire.

Is the Best Running Back in the league in there? No. The Best Defensive Linemen or Linebackers? No. The Best QBs? Peyton was a #1 pick and most good QBs are first rounders, but the top 5 is a crap shoot.

Which is my one of my points.

Many of the best players are taken later in the first round or even later. Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Roethlisberger, etc., etc.

If you want a team that has a winning mind-set (which I do), then I want them to go out and win every game even when the season's gone wrong. I don't want them to give up. I want a team full of high-motor guys like JJ Watt and Brian Cushing and I want them to fight from beginning to end.

I'm not going to get those players and I'm not going to get that sort of effort if I start asking them to fail.

I hate losing because it breeds a losing attitude. With that said, the Texans need a culture shock, Why do Marciano/Bullock still have jobs? This is an indication that either poor job performance is an acceptable way of doing businees for the on the field product. Or Bob's team is all about making $$$$ and he could care less about the on the field product.

Aggies will fill the stands and are very happy drinking/BBQ'ing and havin a good ole time. Winning is and always will be secondary to BoB and his crew. (Jamey Rootes and the rest of the marketers)

The Pencil Neck
11-09-2013, 01:57 AM
I hate losing because it breeds a losing attitude. With that said, the Texans need a culture shock, Why do Marciano/Bullock still have jobs? This is an indication that either poor job performance is an acceptable way of doing businees for the on the field product. Or Bob's team is all about making $$$$ and he could care less about the on the field product.

Aggies will fill the stands and are very happy drinking/BBQ'ing and havin a good ole time. Winning is and always will be secondary to BoB and his crew. (Jamey Rootes and the rest of the marketers)

While I agree that Marciano and Bullock should be gone, I don't believe that McNair doesn't want a winning team. And I don't know what world you're living in but in my world, ALL owners are about making $$$$ and McNair's no different than any of the other owners. I don't think McNair is cheap with this team, I don't think he's a problem, and I don't mind the fact that he's patient. I much prefer an owner like McNair than an owner like Jerry Jones.

And I don't get this whole Aggie thing at all. That's just such a load of BS that I can't even get my mind around it. I can't believe that anyone would say that seriously.

bckey
11-09-2013, 06:09 AM
While I agree that Marciano and Bullock should be gone, I don't believe that McNair doesn't want a winning team. And I don't know what world you're living in but in my world, ALL owners are about making $$$$ and McNair's no different than any of the other owners. I don't think McNair is cheap with this team, I don't think he's a problem, and I don't mind the fact that he's patient. I much prefer an owner like McNair than an owner like Jerry Jones.

And I don't get this whole Aggie thing at all. That's just such a load of BS that I can't even get my mind around it. I can't believe that anyone would say that seriously.

We all like to pull out Jerry Jones and say we don't want an owner like that. Of course not. But Bob is a polar opposite of Jerry Jones. He is aggravatingly too patient. He causes damage by being extremely slow to move. The world is much faster paced nowadays. Bob puts his stock in US Steel and leaves it for his entire lifetime. He needs to move it around in the ever changing market. See the trends and understand what and when to buy and what and when to sell.

infantrycak
11-09-2013, 09:33 AM
We all like to pull out Jerry Jones and say we don't want an owner like that. Of course not. But Bob is a polar opposite of Jerry Jones. He is aggravatingly too patient. He causes damage by being extremely slow to move. The world is much faster paced nowadays. Bob puts his stock in US Steel and leaves it for his entire lifetime. He needs to move it around in the ever changing market. See the trends and understand what and when to buy and what and when to sell.

What has that gotten him? - one less playoff win during the same period.

bOODRO87
11-09-2013, 10:04 AM
If Gary comes back don't expect any major changes. Even with a shiny, new QB and a possible top 5 pick, it will be the same status quo which was always losing to the well coached teams. Be smart and retire with your health and money, Gary. For everyone's sake.

Marciono will probably be back if Gary is as well..

EllisUnit
11-09-2013, 10:31 AM
If Gary comes back don't expect any major changes. Even with a shiny, new QB and a possible top 5 pick, it will be the same status quo which was always losing to the well coached teams. Be smart and retire with your health and money, Gary. For everyone's sake.

Marciono will probably be back if Gary is as well..

i think a shiny new QB can make all the difference, we all saw how we took KC down to the wire, and how we were crushing the colts until Kubiak has his mini stroke. Sure we are 0-2 since Keenum took over but the play calling has changed, the overall mindset of the team has changed. After seeing how this team is coached with Keenum at QB i am more than confident in Kubiak, i wasnt before when Schaub was QB. But i am now with how i see how he calls games with Keenum running the Offense.

The Pencil Neck
11-09-2013, 01:37 PM

I like patient. I don't move my stocks around.

Moving things around in an ever-changing market is just busywork that makes you feel like you're doing something and accomplishing things when you're just standing still. It's like watching a football game and arching your body when you watch the kicker kicking a field goal even though you have no control over it.

Jerry Jones is a bad owner because he doesn't care about winning and losing. He's just playing Billionaire Madden. He loves football and he wants to be a part of it.

Daniel Snyder hasn't been successful because he's the type of owner who's active. Who makes a lot of moves. Who tries to read the trends and move his stocks around.

I prefer patience. I prefer building something over time rather than tearing it down and starting from scratch every 2-4 years.

TheMatrix31
11-09-2013, 02:48 PM
I can't believe I have to read about this tanking **** on THIS board too. Already deal with it with moron basketball and hockey fans. And the meaning of "tanking" is not understood. "Tanking" is losing games on purpose. If you are an advocate of such actions, you are a loser. Just GTFO.

Look, you can find a contributor anywhere. And look, there are 32 ****ing teams in this league. Not everyone can be in the playoffs and not everyone can be in bottom 5. We are very clearly not the worst team in the league or close to it. It's a down year with lots of bad luck. That doesn't mean we're perpetually worthless like some other teams that are perpetually worthless. You cannot breed a winning culture by losing. Look at the Browns and Bills. They're perpetual LOSERS.

I am SO SICK of this damn argument INFECTING every single sport. I don't know where it came from and why it started getting more popular in recent years but it's as infuriating as people who use the word "hater" "hating on", etc. All I know is that it needs to die a painful death.

bckey
11-09-2013, 03:48 PM
What has that gotten him? - one less playoff win during the same period.

I'm saying there is a happy place somewhere between the 2 extremes. Being extremely patient can set a team back just like constant change. We won't know until this current regime is done but imho every year Kubiak remains as head coach of the Texans is a setback. He should have been gone at the end of the 2010 season. I don't see any hope of ever seeing the Texans in a superbowl as long as he is here. Now I know plenty of fans do think he is the right coach but only time will tell. And he has had plenty of it so there will be no excuse.

TheMatrix31
11-09-2013, 04:01 PM
You mean you didn't have any hope we could have seen the Texans in a Super Bowl last year or the year before, even though we were playing in the Divisional Round, two games away from being in the Super Bowl? Especially in 2011 where we were one muffed punt/arguably the dumbest thing I've ever seen a player do in the playoffs away from making it to the AFC Championship Game?

I get saying Kubiak's had enough time and all that, but to say things like "I don't see any hope of ever seeing the Texans in a Super Bowl as long as he is here" especially given the insane obstacles we were facing in 2011/12 is asinine at best.

steelbtexan
11-09-2013, 04:06 PM
I like patient. I don't move my stocks around.

Moving things around in an ever-changing market is just busywork that makes you feel like you're doing something and accomplishing things when you're just standing still. It's like watching a football game and arching your body when you watch the kicker kicking a field goal even though you have no control over it.

Jerry Jones is a bad owner because he doesn't care about winning and losing. He's just playing Billionaire Madden. He loves football and he wants to be a part of it.

Daniel Snyder hasn't been successful because he's the type of owner who's active. Who makes a lot of moves. Who tries to read the trends and move his stocks around.

I prefer patience. I prefer building something over time rather than tearing it down and starting from scratch every 2-4 years.

8 yrs in NFL time is beyond patient.

How many yrs would you suggest BoB give Rick/Gary 10 yrs, 20 yrs, 50 yrs ?

It's obvious that Rick/Gary aren't SB winning quality.

steelbtexan
11-09-2013, 04:12 PM
You mean you didn't have any hope we could have seen the Texans in a Super Bowl last year or the year before, even though we were playing in the Divisional Round, two games away from being in the Super Bowl? Especially in 2011 where we were one muffed punt/arguably the dumbest thing I've ever seen a player do in the playoffs away from making it to the AFC Championship Game?

I get saying Kubiak's had enough time and all that, but to say things like "I don't see any hope of ever seeing the Texans in a Super Bowl as long as he is here" especially given the insane obstacles we were facing in 2011/12 is asinine at best.\

Asinine is keeping Bullock/Coach Joe

Since Rick/Gary are making decisions like this, I can see why the fanbase is losing hope, after 8 yrs of this crap.

mattieuk
11-09-2013, 04:13 PM
I can't believe I have to read about this tanking **** on THIS board too. Already deal with it with moron basketball and hockey fans. And the meaning of "tanking" is not understood. "Tanking" is losing games on purpose. If you are an advocate of such actions, you are a loser. Just GTFO.

Look, you can find a contributor anywhere. And look, there are 32 ****ing teams in this league. Not everyone can be in the playoffs and not everyone can be in bottom 5. We are very clearly not the worst team in the league or close to it. It's a down year with lots of bad luck. That doesn't mean we're perpetually worthless like some other teams that are perpetually worthless. You cannot breed a winning culture by losing. Look at the Browns and Bills. They're perpetual LOSERS.

I am SO SICK of this damn argument INFECTING every single sport. I don't know where it came from and why it started getting more popular in recent years but it's as infuriating as people who use the word "hater" "hating on", etc. All I know is that it needs to die a painful death.

It comes from he namby panby "redistribution of wealth" approach of giving failing teams the best players in the next year's batch. It is all a business decision to create parity in the league and keep fan interest high everywhere, other than just winning teams. Abysmal failure is rewarded more than playing average.

In a lot other sports outside of the USA, you lose and finish bottom of he standings, guess what, you are relegated to a lower tier of the sport, big name players leave the team, and thus there is incentive to keep playing 100% every single week.

The talk of "tanking" is absolutely absurd. We are half way through the year. We aren't at the "lose his game and get top pick" junction (not that would justify wanting to lose anyway!). Plus if we has got the 2nd pick back when we took Mario #1, we would have saved some coin for not having to sign him as a #1 pick.

So, um, in conclusion regarding tanking half the season, when we're really obviously no where near the worst team in the league - bad idea.

TheMatrix31
11-09-2013, 04:15 PM
And just to add, my main contention is that they're not "SB winning quality." I thoroughly understand assessment based on hard results thus far. You can say "okay, it's been _ years, they haven't won so time to cut bait" and that would be totally fine and I'd agree. But to say it like they're not "SB winning quality" is ridiculous because in the NFL, you need luck to be successful too and lots of coaches aren't "SB winning quality" then. John Fox? Hasn't won a Super Bowl yet. Chuck Pagano? Hasn't won a Super Bowl yet. Pete Carroll? Hasn't won a Super Bowl yet. Mike Smith? Hasn't won a Super Bowl yet.

And I'd bet my balls that everyone who hates Kubiak would rather have one of those four guys instead. And before you come to me with the inevitable "none of those guys have been there as long as Kubiak's been here", let me say that the comparison is not length of tenure but rather "echelon" of coaching, and three of those four coaches coach teams that people LOVE this year and see as legitimate candidates to win the Super Bowl.

So are Rick/Gary, who transformed this team from the Casserly/Capers/Carr years into a stable, respected organization, merely "one Jacoby Jones catastrophe away from AFC Championship Game"-quality? The point is that Kubiak may not get it done here, and his time should be up here because it HASN'T happened, but that doesn't mean that Smith and Kubiak can't do it here or anywhere else because some arbitrary garbage like "SB winning quality."

steelbtexan
11-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Fox made a SB with Delhomme as his QB and made several NFC championship games.

Rick/Gary?

EllisUnit
11-09-2013, 05:24 PM

We dont agree with much, but we agree on this kudos !

TexansSeminole
11-09-2013, 05:50 PM
i think a shiny new QB can make all the difference, we all saw how we took KC down to the wire, and how we were crushing the colts until Kubiak has his mini stroke. Sure we are 0-2 since Keenum took over but the play calling has changed, the overall mindset of the team has changed. After seeing how this team is coached with Keenum at QB i am more than confident in Kubiak, i wasnt before when Schaub was QB. But i am now with how i see how he calls games with Keenum running the Offense.

The play calling on offense hasn't changed at all, neither has the scheme, outside of using some pistol. Same plays, different result.

eriadoc
11-09-2013, 06:02 PM
He's dead, Jim.

TheMatrix31
11-09-2013, 07:00 PM

Rick/Gary?

And he couldn't get it done. It's obvious John Fox is not "SB winning quality" then, right?

ChampionTexan
11-09-2013, 07:32 PM

Rick/Gary?

He made one NFC Championship appearance while coaching the Panthers, and that was the one that got him to the SB.

bckey
11-09-2013, 08:30 PM

I get saying Kubiak's had enough time and all that, but to say things like "I don't see any hope of ever seeing the Texans in a Super Bowl as long as he is here" especially given the insane obstacles we were facing in 2011/12 is asinine at best.

Well the Texans didn't make it in either of those years. Who did they play that 2010/2011 season? Super soft schedule. And 2012 was an epic fail. Elite teams exposed the Texans and they blew the number 1 seed and home field throughout. Horrible coaching. Players can say what they want about Kubiak but their on field performance speaks louder than words. Kubiak constantly gets out coached in critical big games. So it seems asinine at best to me to assume they can make it under Kubiak when it is those type of games you have to win to get there. He keeps proving to you he can't. They lose to the elite teams when it matters. It seems the only team they can beat in the playoffs is the Bengals which is another poorly coached team.

It would take a qb like Peyton Manning that really coaches his own offense at the los and/or an elite defense like the 2000 Ravens or 85 bears to overcome the inadequacy of Kubiak's coaching ability. Then there is hope.

EllisUnit
11-09-2013, 08:32 PM
The play calling on offense hasn't changed at all, neither has the scheme, outside of using some pistol. Same plays, different result.

NO that is not true, how many bootlegs in the last 2 seasons have we seen run by Schaub ? And how many in the past 2 games have we seen run by keenum......Different play calling and calling the games different.

DocBar
11-09-2013, 11:07 PM
He's dead, Jim. LMAO!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhuzjkE65f8)Klingon's on the starboard bow!!!! :tinfoil:

Norg
11-09-2013, 11:53 PM
I think Rick has made to many bone headed moves

I still think Kubes can win a SB here one day I just don't know win

but RICK has to go he made to many errors

but since they came in has a combo they might has well leave has a combo

DX-TEX
11-10-2013, 12:22 AM
Road to 10-6 starts tomorrow!!

http://i.imgur.com/ywnt3Nk.jpg

TexansSeminole
11-10-2013, 01:53 AM
NO that is not true, how many bootlegs in the last 2 seasons have we seen run by Schaub ? And how many in the past 2 games have we seen run by keenum......Different play calling and calling the games different.

Slightly more bootlegs by Keenum, because he is more effective on the move. The plays are the same though. Schaub ran bootlegs ALL the time. The overall offense hasn't changed at all really.

HouTx11
11-10-2013, 02:17 AM
This season is over because the Texans are gonna lose more than 2 games in the final 8. It is a given that one of those losses will be @ Indy. But just for the heck of it if by some miracle the Texans win the other 7 it is still possible to get the #6 seed, but they would need help from more than a handful of teams, with Miami and Tennessee being the biggest threats. The Jets already have 4 conference losses, so assuming that the Texans win all games except @ Indy (mission impossible) the Texans would also have only 4 conference losses. The Texans win the tiebreaker against the Jets. They already own the tie breaker againt San Diego.

The Pencil Neck
11-10-2013, 02:38 AM
8 yrs in NFL time is beyond patient.

How many yrs would you suggest BoB give Rick/Gary 10 yrs, 20 yrs, 50 yrs ?

It's obvious that Rick/Gary aren't SB winning quality.

What I'm saying is that 8 years is unusual in the NFL BUT that's because most owners are too impatient and give up on someone after 2-4 years. If giving someone 10+ years instead of 2-4 were more the norm, I think some teams would be (or would have been) much more successful.

The Steelers gave Cowher 14 years to win a SB and he ended up building a team that won multiple. OTOH, if they'd followed your strategy, they would have fired Cowher over and over and over throwing the baby out with the bathwater several times.

It's not obvious to me that Rick/Gary aren't SB winning quality. Quite the opposite, really. I think they're very capable of winning a SB.

The Pencil Neck
11-10-2013, 02:40 AM
He made one NFC Championship appearance while coaching the Panthers, and that was the one that got him to the SB.

He actually got to the Conference Championships twice, iirc.

The Pencil Neck
11-10-2013, 02:49 AM

Rick/Gary?

Out of 9 seasons, Fox made the playoffs 3x.

At Denver, he was able to win as many playoff games with Peyton Manning as he did with Tim Tebow.

Just because someone doesn't win a SB doesn't mean they aren't capable of winning a SB. Just because a team has a bad year that doesn't mean that the head coach is incapable of winning it all. Unless you agree with the Browns firing Belichick.

ChampionTexan
11-10-2013, 07:44 AM
He actually got to the Conference Championships twice, iirc.

Yep - my mistake.

tedr
11-10-2013, 08:10 AM
What I'm saying is that 8 years is unusual in the NFL BUT that's because most owners are too impatient and give up on someone after 2-4 years. If giving someone 10+ years instead of 2-4 were more the norm, I think some teams would be (or would have been) much more successful.

The Steelers gave Cowher 14 years to win a SB and he ended up building a team that won multiple. OTOH, if they'd followed your strategy, they would have fired Cowher over and over and over throwing the baby out with the bathwater several times.

It's not obvious to me that Rick/Gary aren't SB winning quality. Quite the opposite, really. I think they're very capable of winning a SB.

Yeah, but after eight years, Cowher had at least gotten to a Super Bowl and had already made the AFC championship game three times, IIRC, and made the playoffs with regularity. The potential to win a Super Bowl was plainly there. Gary/Rick have not come close to doing that.

That's not to say they can't do it- I believe with Case, and his ability to open things up a bit, they have a chance in the upcoming years. However, comparing Cowher and Rick/Gary is a losing comparison.

infantrycak
11-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Yeah, but after eight years, Cowher had at least gotten to a Super Bowl and had already made the AFC championship game three times, IIRC, and made the playoffs with regularity. The potential to win a Super Bowl was plainly there. Gary/Rick have not come close to doing that.

Cowher is a poor comparison for most other NFL HCs. Cowher didn't take over after the HC and/or GM were fired. Noll retired and did so from a team with a winning record over the 3 prior seasons. Cowher did not build the team he wanted from ground up. The coaching staff was left largely in tact or promoted from within. A new QB had been drafted and gone through his rookie season.

There aren't many coaches who take over in such favorable conditions: Mariucci from Seifert, Seifert from Walsh, Turner from Shottenheimer...heck maybe Harbaugh from Singletary. Those would be more comparable circumstances to look at the results.

thunderkyss
11-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Colts got abused by the Rams.

38 - 8...... we're still alive.

ziggy29
11-10-2013, 05:10 PM

But if we lose this one to Arizona, maybe it's a good thing the Jags won today....

gafftop
11-10-2013, 07:47 PM
This thread dead unless we are talking about 1st draft choice.

Runner
11-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Can someone post the scenario that gets the Texans into the wild card game? It will distract me from the fact the Jags are catching up with them.

houstonhurricane
11-10-2013, 07:50 PM

We are four games (and a tiebreaker) behind Indy...and only one game ahead of the Jags...

DX-TEX
11-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Road to 9-7 begins next Sunday!

PapaL
11-11-2013, 06:32 AM

Texans:

NFL:

0.4% chance!

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/96/96b2a0e88d9acb36830b4dfb11041bcdcfd416bfe869f6b5fb 363c8b7901210c.jpg

EllisUnit
11-11-2013, 06:45 AM
Scahub apologist, how are you gonna neg rep me and say please think before you start threads in the future ? When i made this thread we werent out of it you ****ing moron.

Runner
11-17-2013, 04:43 PM
I think they're out of it.