PDA

View Full Version : JJ Watt - "They just want results"

EllisUnit
10-16-2013, 05:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9835519/jj-watt-says-houston-texans-fans-want-wins-not-explanations

"Apologize for the concise statement and the lack of answering questions but that's all I can do. Honestly. I don't have words for y'all. Just work. I'm just going to work. Like I said, fans want results. That's what I'm going to try to give them. Hopefully I answer all your questions with my play on the field. If there's any further questions I'll see y'all Sunday after the game."

I like this attitude A LOT !!!

Allegra
10-16-2013, 06:14 PM
He gets it.

otisbean
10-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Much Respect!

thunderkyss
10-16-2013, 06:32 PM
We need him to be working with Crick, Mitchell, & Brooks. figure out how they can help each other accomplish our goal.

TexansBlood
10-16-2013, 07:51 PM
Thank you JJ! Finally it's about the fans for once.

Waking up early, buying groceries to bbq at the house, blowing money tailgating, spending money on psl, overpaying for game day tickets, buying 8 dollar beers at the stadium, spending half a Sunday watching the Texans, going through the Carr era.....

We know players bust there ass(regardless win or lose making millions) and are hungry an want to win but "US" fans been hungry for the last 12 yrs here in Houston!!!!

cstyle42
10-16-2013, 11:04 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9835519/jj-watt-says-houston-texans-fans-want-wins-not-explanations

Me too!

MEGA SWATT
10-17-2013, 12:22 AM
Watt for President.

TheMatrix31
10-17-2013, 02:27 AM
Good. I'm sick of talking.

DX-TEX
10-17-2013, 02:46 AM
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Watt_Work_not_words/a79eab90-2e4c-40e7-a2d4-b411986ace14

imatexan
10-17-2013, 03:42 AM
I like it and I like Watt, I like everything he has said this year.

He has been a good player but realistically compared to last year and our expectations this year he only has 3.5 sacks in 6 games and no turnovers created...

Tailgate
10-17-2013, 06:05 AM
I like it and I like Watt, I like everything he has said this year.

He has been a good player but realistically compared to last year and our expectations this year he only has 3.5 sacks in 6 games and no turnovers created...

Lol, the dude is not any "worse" of a player or "regressed." He is just as every bit as good and better. Simply no one else is stepping up on D. No one.

And most importantly, the ninja is having a big down year compared to last year. Smith alone is a HUGE reason Watt is not showing up on the "stats" as much compared to last year. I was wondering in off season just how much longer A Smith could keep it up. I think we have our answer, or he is about to tear it up the rest of the way and just isnt into "form" yet.

kingtexan
10-17-2013, 09:07 AM
He looked like a guy sick of losing. I really hope this organization knows he isnt a guy that will take a fat paycheck just to continue to lose. He wants to be the best ever, and he wants to win. Once in a life-time player for this franchise, they better get it together and make sure he wants to stay.

BullNation4Life
10-17-2013, 10:14 AM

If only we had 21 more of this guy....

silvrhand
10-17-2013, 12:44 PM
I now have a full on man crush with JJ Watt.

Ranger Tom
10-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Lol, the dude is not any "worse" of a player or "regressed." He is just as every bit as good and better. Simply no one else is stepping up on D. No one.

Also, offenses may have figured out an effective way to prepare for him. You can see it in college and the NFL: more D-linemen are adopting his methods of anticipating the QB's pass and trying to swat it down; it's only logical for offense coaches to look for countermeasures. I heard that the Patriots had Tom Brady practice while assistants waved tennis rackets or some such in his face.

edwardc5637
10-17-2013, 02:53 PM
That's the way to handle it JJ.

houstonspartan
10-17-2013, 04:21 PM
I read in several business books years ago - and had a few mentors say this to me personally - "Results are all that matter. Results are everything."

It's true.

Dishman
10-17-2013, 07:39 PM
I read in several business books years ago - and had a few mentors say this to me personally - "Results are all that matter. Results are everything."

It's true.

Nice! You saved me money, time and the effort to find a mentor. I'll now be able to redirect this time, money and effort to drinking some results oriented beer.

noxiousdog
10-18-2013, 03:56 PM

It's true.

It's not.

Repeatable results are what matters.

ObsiWan
10-18-2013, 04:54 PM

It's true.

It's not.

Repeatable POSITIVE results are what matters.

FIFY.
We've been getting repeatable negative results. Enough of that noise.