TheIronDuke
10-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Never got to start a prediction thread so here goes:

We lose 17-6.

2slik4u
10-16-2013, 09:14 AM
Never got to start a prediction thread so here goes:

We lose 17-6.

lose 24-6. Would be 17-6 but a pick six in the fourth quarter adds the additional 7 on there.

We hold Charles to under 100yds and zero TDs

deucetx
10-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Call me crazy (my wife and kids do it daily so it's probably accurate) but I think we win this one. Why? Well duh...because I'm crazy.

Though in truth it's because I'm hoping our coaches play to our strength which is a weakness to the Chiefs defense. Run the freaking ball. This is the best chance to beat the Chiefs since Alex Smith is not going to beat you. Run the ball, get a couple of scores, and you should have control of the game. If you try to go pass happy with the way our line is handling pass protection the Chiefs pass rush will have another sack happy game.

Schaub is hurt so I doubt he plays. Yates has tunnel vision and will not go through progressions even now it seems. Hopefully practice helps but it was one of the things I didn't like about him in the past and he did it again Sunday. If they go with Keenum I have no idea what to expect because he's the most unknown for field experience in the pros. But in the end we need to run it.

Granted at the same time we've been crappy against the run ourselves. But let's face it, the two teams we had some run issues on are the 49ers and Rams. Both have QB's who can stretch the field with their arm. Smith can't. Stack the box and focus on Charles instead of QB blitz, QB blitz, QB blitz! Smith should not dissect our secondary. If he does then we have even more issues.

Oh and don't get beat on special teams but for some reason I feel that is already going to happen thanks to Marciano and crew *sighs*

Rey
10-16-2013, 09:27 AM
I still need to know the qb. If it's Matt, I think we'll lose. If it's Yates, I don't know. If it's keenum I don't know. I'd give us a better shot with case simply because of the energy factor. He brings more fire to the game than either Yates or shammy.

Thorn
10-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Matt is QB, we lose 784,634,109 to 0.

TJ is QB, we lose 87 to 0.

Case is QB, we win 10,000 to 0.

:splits:

silvrhand
10-16-2013, 09:55 AM
I just hope Case starts, so we can get by the Tim Tebow factor as fast as possible, people in the town are grasping straws that the hometown hero. He just beat up a non NFL starters in conference USA, and then lost the championship game against Southern Miss.

I guess I'm not drinking the koolaid enough..

:koolaid:

Thorn
10-16-2013, 09:58 AM

snort the koolaid powder, don't mix it in a drink. :)

eriadoc
10-16-2013, 10:04 AM

How much Kool Aid does it take to make cautiously hopeful? I mean, cautiously hopeful doesn't come across as a ringing endorsement, right? Or how about when people just say start Case because they already know what Matt's about? Is that a ringing endorsement, or just hopelessness in Schaub?

I don't see a lot of Kool Aid drinkers around here. What I see are people adamantly insisting that Keenum will never amount to anything and therefore don't start him, and I see people saying what the hell, Schaub sucks so why not? Very, very few people running around saying Keenum is the savior, except for those constructing straw men.

Dread-Head
10-16-2013, 10:19 AM
I predict at the end of the game Joe Texan, Bill and I will be consuming large amounts of intoxicants, Corrosion will be pissed off but happy because he's with his family and Cak will be down but smiling because he gets to go home with a hot redhead...

Seegara
10-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Prediction if Schaub doesn't play:
Texians 24
Chieves 21
I don't expect a miracle turnaround, just an improvement, expecially if Keenum starts. Also, the Squaws are ripe to fold under pressure.

bOODRO87
10-16-2013, 10:30 AM
Texans lose by this much :thisbig:

jaayteetx
10-16-2013, 10:47 AM
Too easy, Texans continue to live in pick sixville.

DX-TEX
10-16-2013, 11:02 AM
Some will win. some will lose...and some will sing the blues!

silvrhand
10-16-2013, 11:07 AM
I predict at the end of the game Joe Texan, Bill and I will be consuming large amounts of intoxicants, Corrosion will be pissed off but happy because he's with his family and Cak will be down but smiling because he gets to go home with a hot redhead...

Where's that going to happen lol... I need to witness this event lol.

silvrhand
10-16-2013, 11:08 AM
How much Kool Aid does it take to make cautiously hopeful? I mean, cautiously hopeful doesn't come across as a ringing endorsement, right? Or how about when people just say start Case because they already know what Matt's about? Is that a ringing endorsement, or just hopelessness in Schaub?

I don't see a lot of Kool Aid drinkers around here. What I see are people adamantly insisting that Keenum will never amount to anything and therefore don't start him, and I see people saying what the hell, Schaub sucks so why not? Very, very few people running around saying Keenum is the savior, except for those constructing straw men.

I don't think I said don't start him, I said I hope he starts so we can move on, I personally don't think he'll be successful in the NFL, could I be wrong absolutely.

There are a lot of kool-aid drinkers when it comes to Case, not sure how you are missing that.

MistaRed
10-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Everything about this game suggests we should lose.....but for whatever reason I feel good about this game. Chiefs offense is below average so it will be close. Just have to make plays.

TexansBlood
10-16-2013, 11:30 AM
We win Sunday and Colts lose to Denver on SNF then we both have bye weeks and face each other here for SNF w us being 3-4 and Colts 4-3. I am not holding my breath tho.

One can only wish right??

thunderkyss
10-16-2013, 11:31 AM
38-6 them boys on Kirby.

Defense's pride is on the line. They bring it, they don't allow a TD, they score 2 defensive TDs. We score three offensive TDs off turnovers, & the fat hobbit drills a 57 yard field goal just to rub it in.

texanhead08
10-16-2013, 11:38 AM
24-6 Chiefs win.

This game is such a total mismatch for the texans. They are facing a good running team and Texans can't stop the run. They are facing a physical defense and we know for years this team has always **** the bed against a good physical defense.

ATXtexanfan
10-16-2013, 11:41 AM
27-9 kc

Bulls on Parade
10-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Don't turn the ball over and maybe we'll keep it close and have a chance to win. The Chiefs are going to play the same conservative game that we should be playing. The best game manger in the game, Alex Smith, is going to do his thing like he always does. Let's beat them at their own game and pull off a win at their house.

Texans 24, Chiefs 21

I expect a hard-fought game. It will be an ugly win if we pull it off.

cstyle42
10-16-2013, 02:49 PM
Texans 45 Chiefs 17

DX-TEX
10-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Weird...

Texans tweet about Kubiaks presser with link as usual

Tania Gangulia ESPN blogger does a rush of tweets with Kubiak comments

Tweet from Texans disappears form timeline

Camera is on, see reporters waiting, someone says something and they all walk out and leave laptops

Camera still rolling but no one is there...

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/LIVE-Texans-on-Wednesday/e6fe731c-8235-4871-9315-21fe4b60cfb5

Thorn
10-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Alien beings from outer space have taken over the Texans management. Which could explain a few things actually.

DX-TEX
10-16-2013, 03:05 PM
I didn't know where else to put this but it is weird. Camera is still on and no one is there. I thought I could hear cheering for a couple seconds earlier and right before that a buzzer going off?

will742
10-16-2013, 03:07 PM
Texans 21 - Chiefs 13

paycheck71
10-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Weird...

Texans tweet about Kubiaks presser with link as usual

Tania Gangulia ESPN blogger does a rush of tweets with Kubiak comments

Tweet from Texans disappears form timeline

Camera is on, see reporters waiting, someone says something and they all walk out and leave laptops

Camera still rolling but no one is there...

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/LIVE-Texans-on-Wednesday/e6fe731c-8235-4871-9315-21fe4b60cfb5

Not sure what the deal with the tweets is, but I knew the presser was supposed to be at 1:30, I remembered about 1:40, there was a link from houstontexans.com, but by that time Kubiak was already done and Dennison was answering questions. I don't think there is any kind of conspiracy going on.

DX-TEX
10-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Not sure what the deal with the tweets is, but I knew the presser was supposed to be at 1:30, I remembered about 1:40, there was a link from houstontexans.com, but by that time Kubiak was already done and Dennison was answering questions. I don't think there is any kind of conspiracy going on.

I had the feed open and never saw or heard them. I have some serious denial issues I guess

BullNation4Life
10-16-2013, 04:35 PM
Keenum starts... 24-13 Texans

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/0C9wtFA.gif

chicagotexan2
10-16-2013, 08:20 PM
Texans 17
KC 13

Even a simple and safe plan against kc will work. That means dominate the running game, contain jamaal Charles, and don't turn the ball over because Alex smith isn't playing very well. Either Yates or keenum need to play smart and protect the ball.

If the Hobbled Schauble plays the texans will get run out arrowhead. I guess that would suffice since it would go towards ridding this team of hobbled schauble and Kubiak.

KC 28
HOU 9

Giant Tiger
10-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Texans 17
KC 13

Even a simple and safe plan against kc will work. That means dominate the running game, contain jamaal Charles, and don't turn the ball over because Alex smith isn't playing very well. Either Yates or keenum need to play smart and protect the ball.

If the Hobbled Schauble plays the texans will get run out arrowhead. I guess that would suffice since it would go towards ridding this team of hobbled schauble and Kubiak.

KC 28
HOU 9

Yep; if Texans win, the game will be close, but if the Chiefs win, it won't be. Sounds ugly either way, but I'll take an ugly win at this point :hmmm:

Nitrofish
10-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Texans win 17-13

htownfan32
10-16-2013, 11:52 PM
Keenum plays, wins the game like a b0$$ and we're all happy, because there is hope after all.

OR

Keenum plays, loses horrifically, and this board is silent. :cricket:

Also I (for some reason) watched highlights of Schaub in 2010-2011. It's almost sad to see how far he's fallen.

leebigeztx
10-17-2013, 12:33 AM
These are the 2 bottom teams in terms of throwing the ball 20 yds down the field,yet 1 team is undefeated and the other is 2-4. I guess both of these offensive coachs have ancient offense?

CretorFrigg
10-17-2013, 01:33 PM
I can't see us scoring a TD on the Chiefs. 24-6 Chiefs.

Thorn
10-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Keenum is starting. This could change a few folks outlooks.

Surreal McCoy
10-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Chiefs 33
Texans 10

Keenum: 14 of 25 for 175 w/2 INTs and 0 TDs.

That's not Keenum hate. I simply believe the problems on this team are a lot bigger than just the QB.

msbbc833
10-17-2013, 09:32 PM
I have a good feeling about this game. I think the Chiefs offense will have a tough time scoring on us. Jamaal Charles is good but we usually fair well against the smaller shifty guys ala CJ. It is the physical runners that give us trouble.

Texans 20
KC 13

burro
10-17-2013, 09:41 PM
Texans - 20
Chiefs - 13

Keenum-mania aside, the Chiefs have a similar problem to what we had with post-2012 Schaub under center. Without a dynamic passing game, we can play to stop the run and force Smith to beat us through the air - which he can't do. This is not to mention that KC's oline is arguably in as bad, if not worse, shape than ours. If we can shutdown Charles (big if) and take the lead early, I think we bag this one.

As for Keenum, I'm thinking 14-19 for 120 yards and no TDs or INTs. More importantly, I think his high energy effort snaps the rest of the team out of their depression. If it carries to the defense, that could be the difference between a W and L.

brakos82
10-17-2013, 09:44 PM
Ok these are really mostly for tradition now. :kitten:

http://i.imgur.com/icH8eJT.png

Vance87
10-17-2013, 10:02 PM
Texans 77 Chiefs 7

thunderkyss
10-17-2013, 11:35 PM
38-6 them boys on Kirby.

Defense's pride is on the line. They bring it, they don't allow a TD, they score 2 defensive TDs. We score three offensive TDs off turnovers, & the fat hobbit drills a 57 yard field goal just to rub it in.

I haven't changed my prediction, it was a little more than a hope than it was a prediction anyway. This defense.... this team has to step it up if we're going to win this game regardless who starts at the QB position.

markn
10-17-2013, 11:59 PM
Case is QB, we win 10,000 to 0.

:splits:

How do you see that panning out... I'm thinking 1428 touchdowns and a pair of safeties?

htownfan32
10-18-2013, 12:27 AM
How do you see that panning out... I'm thinking 1428 touchdowns and a pair of safeties?

Keenum will also play CB and take a few ints to the house.

Thorn
10-18-2013, 06:33 AM

Keenum will also play CB and take a few ints to the house.

That's the spirit!

:lol:

Rey
10-18-2013, 07:32 AM
I feel a little better about the game a since case is starting.

I'm going to predict a win. I think we come out energized, focused and hungry. I think this will look like a new team.

I could see a loss, but I feel more strongly that it'll be a win now. Either way, I expect the team as a whole to play better than they have at any point this season.

gafftop
10-18-2013, 01:18 PM
If MS or TJ started I was taking KC as my fantasy defense, no question.

I at least have HOPE now.

Same prediction as always. If we win turnover battle by 2 or more and give up no big plays on special teams and we have less penalty yards than KC we have a good chance.

thunderkyss
10-18-2013, 02:36 PM
I predict Jj Watt scores on a pick 6

paycheck71
10-18-2013, 02:59 PM
I just visited chiefsplanet.com to see how they're taking the news of Case Keenum starting and whether they've been shaken by it, but for some reason they're predicting anywhere from 5 to 10 sacks and 3 to 5 interceptions for the Chiefs.

clutch
10-18-2013, 03:10 PM
So conflicted right now..I want case to play well..but I also have the chiefs as my fantasy defense. ..hmm...

Blake
10-18-2013, 03:16 PM
KC wins 25-13

jaayteetx
10-18-2013, 03:19 PM
So conflicted right now..I want case to play well..but I also have the chiefs as my fantasy defense. ..hmm...

C'mon man! Do you need to have your fan card revoked? Fantasy always comes second, unless your paying your bills with your winnings and then you have bigger problems.

Honoring Earl 34
10-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Andy Reid has never lost to the Texans and on what should be a nice day for football , he won't now . Having said that , the significance for Case is huge . He could save Kubiak's job or show the Texans they need to spend a #1 for a QB for the next coach .

Chiefs 24 Texans 15

dream_team
10-18-2013, 03:28 PM
I just visited chiefsplanet.com to see how they're taking the news of Case Keenum starting and whether they've been shaken by it, but for some reason they're predicting anywhere from 5 to 10 sacks and 3 to 5 interceptions for the Chiefs.

You do realize it's only Texans fans that have high expectations and hopes of Case Keenum. Everyone else in the league sees us as being desperate and starting a 3rd string undrafted QB that has never played a down in the regular season. I'd be optimistic if I was a KC fan as well.

YeaLikeRightNow
10-18-2013, 03:37 PM
With due respect to the way Kansas City has been playing lately, with respect and admiration for Andy Reid, and for the the great QB play by Smith (and the fact that he is performing better than Beasty Boy of San Fran):

I see Kansas City taking this one:

Chiefs - 42
Texans - 27

I do however, see Case Keenum making a "case" for himself as our new starter!

paycheck71
10-18-2013, 04:16 PM
You do realize it's only Texans fans that have high expectations and hopes of Case Keenum. Everyone else in the league sees us as being desperate and starting a 3rd string undrafted QB that has never played a down in the regular season. I'd be optimistic if I was a KC fan as well.

I was trying to be sarcastic. Perhaps unsuccessfully.

thunderkyss
10-18-2013, 04:17 PM

Those poor guys. I took a looksee over there too. They think they're the 2000 Ravens, '85 Bears... & they think we're as bad as our record.

I think Jj Watt & Brian Cushing has had enough & they're going to take it out on KC.

& they're not going to have many opportunities to sack Case. We're going to run on them all day & we'll see the return of the naked boot.

paycheck71
10-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Those poor guys. I took a looksee over there too. They think they're the 2000 Ravens, '85 Bears... & they think we're as bad as our record.

I think Jj Watt & Brian Cushing has had enough & they're going to take it out on KC.

& they're not going to have many opportunities to sack Case. We're going to run on them all day & we'll see the return of the naked boot.

I went back and watched parts of their games vs TEN and OAK. I don't see how their offense can win this game for them. Their D will have to either score points or provide them with very short field positions. Which is not impossible. Same can be said about the Texans, so we might be looking at a 9-6 game here in favor of either team.

Lord Bills
10-18-2013, 04:45 PM
28-10 Texans

KC hasnt really played anybody and i think Keenum is the real deal. Everything is being set up perfectly for Keenum to make this his team. The stars are aligning at just the right time.

Take some shots down the field and dont handcuff Keenum and i think we shock the chiefs and we become the talk of the sports world on monday.

thunderkyss
10-18-2013, 06:30 PM
28-10 Texans

KC hasnt really played anybody and i think Keenum is the real deal. Everything is being set up perfectly for Keenum to make this his team. The stars are aligning at just the right time.

I feel like Qui-Gon Jinn..... I could have sworn the stars were lining up in 2006.

hradhak
10-18-2013, 06:31 PM
28-10 Texans

Take some shots down the field and dont handcuff Keenum and i think we shock the chiefs and we become the talk of the sports world on monday.

Yeah I agree with the sentiment that the Chiefs have yet to really face a playoff team. They will hit a buzz saw the rest of the way. That and the KC offense is pretty terrible.

That said, the only team we can beat the way we are playing is maybe Jax. If our team comes to play we have a legit shot at winning this. Just not sure which team will show up.

Lord Bills
10-18-2013, 06:36 PM
30-14 Texans

300 yards, 2 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, 98.9% aura power level, for Keenum.

DX-TEX
10-18-2013, 08:14 PM

I would bet the under.

I firmly believe by the decision to go with case that Kubiak has unleashed the dragon!! He knows KC will think we are going to run, run run and then run some more and stack the box. First play we go 4 wide and play action deep.

KC just looks shocked

46-10 Texans over KC