PDA

View Full Version : Texans' Fans @ Reliant show Their AZZs to the Nation with Reaction to Schaub's Injury

IDEXAN
10-14-2013, 08:38 AM
Texans left tackle Duane Brown said fans cheering Schaub’s injury was “disgusting.” Yates called the applause “disrespectful.” J.J. Watt said those who approved of Schaub’s pain are leading a backward life.

Reactions from Andre Johnson and Arian Foster were stronger.

“It’s bad when members of the other team are saying that’s messed up that (fans) would do something like that,” Johnson said. “It just shows no class. It wasn’t all the fans. But those are the same people that you’re out somewhere with your family and you tell them they can’t have an autograph right now, those are the same people that tell you you’re rude.
“That is just tasteless and tactless,” Foster said. “I was extremely heated at that. The fans can get emotional. That is just not how I was brought up. That is not the kind of man I am. I don’t care how you feel about a man. You don’t kick him when he is down.”

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/10/texans-johnson-says-fans-who-cheered-injured-schaub-have-no-class/
Talk about arena-league, redneck, classless behavior by a small group of jerks at the stadium yesterday. That was sorry !

BullNation4Life
10-14-2013, 08:55 AM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/10/texans-johnson-says-fans-who-cheered-injured-schaub-have-no-class/
Talk about arena-league, redneck, classless behavior by a small group of jerks at the stadium yesterday. That was sorry !

I hate the fact that ANY fan would cheer for one of their OWN players getting hurt....But I understand....

Had Gary Kubiak had the balls to do what he should have done last week and pulled Matt Schaub, we are not talking about this. However, Gary Kubiak went with who he thought gave the Texans the best chance to win, fans thought he was wrong and expressed their displeasure of that decision in a very classless way.

Irony is, Kubiak and the fans BOTH got it wrong. Schaub nor Yates are the answer and we do not know about Keenum cause Kubiak will not let him play...

Pollardized
10-14-2013, 08:56 AM
I do not agree with fans cheering any players injury. That being said....

I think the players who are speaking out like this have other things to worry about. I've seen articles saying they are embarrassed by the Houston fans. Well guess what - the Houston fans are embarrassed by the play you guys have shown on the field. It's embarrassing to see Foster jaw jacking with every guy who tackles him when they are getting hammered on the scoreboard. It's embarrassing to see the same stupid mistakes every week from a team that publicly called out the this being a Super Bowl or bust season. It's embarrassing to give your heart and soul to a team year in and year out, only to watch them go out and make the same stupid mistakes every week with no accountability or change of direction.

Again, I personally wouldn't cheer for a guys injury. But is the cheering of a frustrated fan that much different from the stupid personal foul penalty Duane Brown got last week, obviously the result of the frustration he felt from getting his ass handed to him on the field? The players need to realize that fans get emotional too. Not to mention the fact that the booing fans buy the tickets which pay their stupidly high salaries.

Thorn
10-14-2013, 08:59 AM
Classless, disgusting, stupid. There are lots of words that fit very well here for those that cheer an injured player.

But, it's a spectator sport and they paid their money for entrance so they can cheer or boo at their will. It's everyone's right to be an a$$hole if they so choose. I think it shows Houston in a bad light, and we are getting plenty of bad press on it.

In the end, while it's disrespectful and horrid, it's their right if they purchased a ticket.

gwallaia
10-14-2013, 09:05 AM
Unfortunately, the entire fan base has now been labeled thanks to the ignorant behavior of the minority of fans who acted like jerks.

TexansBlood
10-14-2013, 09:06 AM
Nice scapegoat.

Texans just got an ass whooping at home against the Rams and the headline is about fans cheering the injury.

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 09:08 AM
I hate the fact that ANY fan would cheer for one of their OWN players getting hurt....But I understand....

Had Gary Kubiak had the balls to do what he should have done last week and pulled Matt Schaub, we are not talking about this. However, Gary Kubiak went with who he thought gave the Texans the best chance to win, fans thought he was wrong and expressed their displeasure of that decision in a very classless way.

Irony is, Kubiak and the fans BOTH got it wrong. Schaub nor Yates are the answer and we do not know about Keenum cause Kubiak will not let him play...

Are you just coping and pasting posts? Dont throw BUTS in there. From the talent we have on the team Gary did not get it wrong leaving Schaub in there but Yates certainly isnt the answer

Mr. White
10-14-2013, 09:14 AM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102478

ubecool454
10-14-2013, 09:16 AM
In that stadium I really didn't hear much cheering when Schaub when down. It seems like I heard cheering when he got back up. I think the players know that most fans have enough respect to not cheer a injured player. I'm proud to say I didn't hear anyone around us cheering.

BullNation4Life
10-14-2013, 09:18 AM
Are you just coping and pasting posts? Dont throw BUTS in there. From the talent we have on the team Gary did not get it wrong leaving Schaub in there but Yates certainly isnt the answer

Yes I did, so what? Post applied to 2 threads....

Kubiak absolutely got it wrong, Kubiak has got it wrong for the last 8 years and yesterday was rock bottom. How many coaches in the NFL over the last 8 years have had a 3+ game losing streak each year they have coached? One of those coaches resides as the HC for the Houston Texans. Any other coach with any kind of testicular fortitude would have sat Matt Schaub after setting an NFL record for INTs for a TD and not started him yesterday.

BUT Texans do not have a coach with testicular fortitude, they have a coach with vajay-jay fortitude that doesn't know when to make changes, wither in personnel or scheme, and continues to show he is inept at being a head coach in he NFL...

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 09:25 AM

Kubiak absolutely got it wrong, Kubiak has got it wrong for the last 8 years and yesterday was rock bottom. How many coaches in the NFL over the last 8 years have had a 3+ game losing streak each year they have coached? One of those coaches resides as the HC for the Houston Texans. Any other coach with any kind of testicular fortitude would have sat Matt Schaub after setting an NFL record for INTs for a TD and not started him yesterday.

BUT Texans do not have a coach with testicular fortitude, they have a coach with vajay-jay fortitude that doesn't know when to make changes, wither in personnel or scheme, and continues to show he is inept at being a head coach in he NFL...

Schaub was not the wrong call for yesterday's game. Type all the bs you want but there wasnt a better QB to put in

djohn2oo8
10-14-2013, 09:28 AM
This is the mentality that got their asses kicked by New England twice last year. You are paid to perform, why care about the reactions of the fans?

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 09:30 AM
This is the mentality that got their asses kicked by New England twice last year. You are paid to perform, why care about the reactions of the fans?

Because its rather disgusting when your fans cheer injury

BullNation4Life
10-14-2013, 09:31 AM
Schaub was not the wrong call for yesterday's game. Type all the bs you want but there wasnt a better QB to put in

Then you are as delusional as the rest of the Houston Texans. That fat ass water jug with Gatorade on the side of it was a better QB to put in than Matt Schaub...

Kubiak refuses to let Keenum play, why? Is he that bad or will he make Kubiak look like an idiot for not playing him sooner. Can't say Kennum isn't a better option when that option has not been given the chance...

Until I see ALL the QB's given a legit chance in this offense, there are better options than Matt Schaub.

BullNation4Life
10-14-2013, 09:33 AM

True, but no more disgusting as the performance we have seen as fans from this so called professional football team week in and week out. No more disgusting that watching the same HC screw up week in and week out. No more disgusting than watching the same QB do the EXACT same mistakes week in and week out...

Like I said, I would never condone fans cheering for an injury, especially for their own team...

BUT I understand...

steelbtexan
10-14-2013, 09:35 AM

And you know this how?

Trust in Gary all you want. But if winning a SB is your goal, then Gary shouldn't be your guy.

IDEXAN
10-14-2013, 09:35 AM
While celebrating his sack of Texans quarterback Matt Schaub on Sunday afternoon, Rams defensive lineman Chris Long was stunned to hear the Reliant Stadium crowd cheer.

Long could have expected such a roar at St. Louis’ Edward Jones Dome, but he found no place for such a reaction from the crowd of 71,104 at Schaub’s home stadium.

“We’re a fraternity out here as NFL players,” Long said after the 38-13 rout of the Texans. “It’s kind of a code of conduct for fans as well. Listen, I got up and celebrated. I had no idea Matt’s down. And I’m hearing cheering and look back and see him down on the field. I was hoping that wasn’t the case.”
“I know they’re going through some things down here, but I truly believe there’s not a place in football for that,” Bradford said. “When it comes to someone’s health, you never cheer when someone gets injured.”
“It’s disappointing in that Matt’s won a lot of games here,” Rams coach Jeff Fisher said. “The position that he plays in the National Football League is difficult to play at times. But he’s still an outstanding quarterback. … Matt’s a competitor, and he’s earned the right for people to respect him.”

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/10/rams-express-sympathy-for-matt-schaub-in-postgame-comments/
And you know you've sunk to a new low when even the competition expresses disbelief at how the "home town" fans treat a fallen player. Truly disgraceful behavior !

steelbtexan
10-14-2013, 09:36 AM

Repped

Glad to see another one has come over to the darkside.

Blake
10-14-2013, 09:38 AM
If you cheered because Schaub was injured then you are a pitiful human being.

If you cheered that Yates was coming in then I understand.

If you are a Houston Texans player then you need to worry about winning games rather than weighing in on a few classless fans. You just lost by 25 to the Rams. STFU!

htowntexans1985
10-14-2013, 09:38 AM
All I hear is wah-wah-wah from the players. How about they go out and perform instead of crying about the fans. If the line would have blocked for schaub he wouldn't have got his leg bent like a pretzel. Do your freaking job!!!!

TheIronDuke
10-14-2013, 09:40 AM
Cry me a river. KC fans did the same exact thing last season when Cassel was injured and then Eric Winston got to get on his soapbox. I don't think anyone thinks KC fans are a-holes anymore, they set the record for the loudest stadium yesterday.

cstyle42
10-14-2013, 09:41 AM
I do not agree with fans cheering any players injury. That being said....

I think the players who are speaking out like this have other things to worry about. I've seen articles saying they are embarrassed by the Houston fans. Well guess what - the Houston fans are embarrassed by the play you guys have shown on the field. It's embarrassing to see Foster jaw jacking with every guy who tackles him when they are getting hammered on the scoreboard. It's embarrassing to see the same stupid mistakes every week from a team that publicly called out the this being a Super Bowl or bust season. It's embarrassing to give your heart and soul to a team year in and year out, only to watch them go out and make the same stupid mistakes every week with no accountability or change of direction.

Again, I personally wouldn't cheer for a guys injury. But is the cheering of a frustrated fan that much different from the stupid personal foul penalty Duane Brown got last week, obviously the result of the frustration he felt from getting his ass handed to him on the field? The players need to realize that fans get emotional too. Not to mention the fact that the booing fans buy the tickets which pay their stupidly high salaries.

This is the most intelligent post I've seen in years... talking about hitting hammer on the nail!

texanhead08
This is great the Texan fans who have showed blind loyalty for 12yrs of mediocrity get blamed for the incompetence of the employees on Kirby Dr.

The1ApplePie
Then you are as delusional as the rest of the Houston Texans. That fat ass water jug with Gatorade on the side of it was a better QB to put in than Matt Schaub...

Kubiak refuses to let Keenum play, why? Is he that bad or will he make Kubiak look like an idiot for not playing him sooner. Can't say Kennum isn't a better option when that option has not been given the chance...

Until I see ALL the QB's given a legit chance in this offense, there are better options than Matt Schaub.

Because he's the 3rd string QB and is terrible maybe?

TJ Yates has started some games and beat out Keenum for the job.

We need to get the VY and Keenum fanboys together so they can have a terrible QB slap flight.

deucetx
If you cheered because Schaub was injured then you are a pitiful human being.

If you cheered that Yates was coming in then I understand.

If you are a Houston Texans player then you need to worry about winning games rather than weighing in on a few classless fans. You just lost by 25 to the Rams. STFU!

That about sums my feelings up on this one. Well said.

Blake
10-14-2013, 09:43 AM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/10/rams-express-sympathy-for-matt-schaub-in-postgame-comments/

“We’re a fraternity out here as NFL players,” Long said after the 38-13 rout of the Texans. “It’s kind of a code of conduct for fans as well. Listen, I got up and celebrated. I had no idea Matt’s down."

And you know you've sunk to a new low when even the competition expresses disbelief at how the "home town" fans treat a fallen player. Truly disgraceful behavior !

There it is right there. Nobody knew if Schaub was badly injured. Only that he was down and was going to have to come out. Certain folks got excited about seeing a new QB in there and cheered. I would bet that 99/100 were cheering a new QB. Not cheering an injury which was not even obvious until well after those initial cheers. But I guess whatever sells newspapers is what you go with. Even John McClain on the radio and twitter is begging people to call in to his show about cheering Matt Schaub's injury because he knows it helps sell. That is pathetic too.

Tailgate
10-14-2013, 09:44 AM
This is great the Texan fans who have showed blind loyalty for 12yrs of mediocrity get blamed for the incompetence of the employees on Kirby Dr.

Did you cheer when Schaub was injured?

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 09:44 AM

You cant say Case is a better option. The conspiracy theorist over Case are amusing. There is a reason he isnt starting and there is a reason he isnt number #2 and Id be willing to bet it has a hell of a lot more to do with his body of work on and off the field around the Texans staff

PapaL
10-14-2013, 09:46 AM
My 2 cents:

-Players need to pay attention to what's going on in the field and in their locker room. Way bigger problems there.

-Anyone that cheers an injury is an assclown. These players have families and lives outside the game.

-Applauding that the backup QB enters the game is fine; regardless if the starter got hurt.

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 09:46 AM
True, but no more disgusting as the performance we have seen as fans from this so called professional football team week in and week out. No more disgusting that watching the same HC screw up week in and week out. No more disgusting than watching the same QB do the EXACT same mistakes week in and week out...

Like I said, I would never condone fans cheering for an injury, especially for their own team...

BUT I understand...

No cheering someone getting hurt is much more disgusting that watching a game being played no matter the quality

Blake
10-14-2013, 09:48 AM

We need to get the VY and Keenum fanboys together so they can have a terrible QB slap flight.

If he is "terrible" then why is he even on the roster? And the idea that being 3rd string is a reason not to start a QB is ludicrous. There is this one guy named Tom Brady who started out as the 4th string QB. I CANT BELIEVE THEY GAVE THAT GUY A SHOT!

Dutchrudder
10-14-2013, 09:49 AM
Well, when you have a stubborn coach that isn't willing to make changes and face reality, then it can be uplifting to see a situation that forces his hand. It's not so much about Schaub being hurt than it is about forcing change. Kubiak is content to run Matt out there every week until he's fired, no matter how bad he plays. The fans want change, and they got it, but at the very least, we know TJ isn't the answer. Now hopefully we will get to see if Case is.

beerlover
10-14-2013, 09:49 AM
If he is "terrible" then why is he even on the roster? And the idea that being 3rd string is a reason not to start a QB is ludicrous. There is this one guy named Tom Brady who started out as the 4th string QB. I CANT BELIEVE THEY GAVE THAT GUY A SHOT!

How's that working for them now :thinking:

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 09:51 AM

So every third or fourth stringer has a legit shot at being Brady? Lets get real how many undrafted QBs have there been in the league and how many have gone on to have meaningful starting careers? He didnt go undrafted for no reason and he isnt sitting 3rd for some conspiracy theory either. Maybe he isnt terrible but not starter material either

steelbtexan
10-14-2013, 09:55 AM
You cant say Case is a better option. The conspiracy theorist over Case are amusing. There is a reason he isnt starting and there is a reason he isnt number #2 and Id be willing to bet it has a hell of a lot more to do with his body of work on and off the field around the Texans staff

If you believe Gary knows what he's doing, which I dont.

I'm not a Case jock sniffer, but the rest of this season should be about finding out if TJ/Case are the guy.

utahmark
10-14-2013, 09:58 AM
If you believe Gary knows what he's doing, which I dont.

I'm not a Case jock sniffer, but the rest of this season should be about finding out if TJ/Case are the guy.

I think I know TJ is not.

Pantherstang84
10-14-2013, 09:59 AM

I find their performance on the field rather disgusting. Not that I'm condoning what happened yesterday, you can't keep hyping the same garbage product and expect folks to be satisfied with it.

Hookem Horns
10-14-2013, 10:01 AM
I see that "TexansFight" got his wish about wanting Texans fans to be more like Eagles fans.

Looks like it is official now. Anyone bringing in batteries to the next home game? Since it doesn't snow maybe chunk your snow cones at the players?

EllisUnit
10-14-2013, 10:01 AM
So every third or fourth stringer has a legit shot at being Brady? Lets get real how many undrafted QBs have there been in the league and how many have gone on to have meaningful starting careers? He didnt go undrafted for no reason and he isnt sitting 3rd for some conspiracy theory either. Maybe he isnt terrible but not starter material either

Thing is noone knows what he is or what he can be until he is given a real shot. Right now you are assuming he isnt starter material. But thats jusrt a guess, we atleast need to let him prove us right or wrong.

Tailgate
10-14-2013, 10:02 AM
I find their performance on the field rather disgusting. Not that I'm condoning what happened yesterday, you can't keep hyping the same garbage product and expect folks to be satisfied with it.

What does cheering for an injury have to do with hyping the current product??

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 10:02 AM
Thing is noone knows what he is or what he can be until he is given a real shot. Right now you are assuming he isnt starter material. But thats jusrt a guess, we atleast need to let him prove us right or wrong.

no fans know but you know people that work in the arena of professional football have a pretty good idea. Not every 3rd stringer gets a chance and there is a reason for that

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 10:03 AM

their performance is irrelevant to cheering someone getting hurt, dont be satisfied with what you are watching thats fine

Blake
10-14-2013, 10:03 AM

I never said "every third or fourth stringer has a legit shot at being Brady." Dont try and put words in my mouth. Try re-reading my response and the comments I was responding to.

EllisUnit
10-14-2013, 10:04 AM
I see that "TexansFight" got his wish about Texans fans being more like Eagles fans.

Looks like it is official now. Anyone bringing in batteries to the next home game? Since it doesn't snow maybe chunk your snow cones at the players?

It was freaking ice, oh lord i'm sure they are ok. I used to get crap and piss thrown on me daily at work for 24K a year, i'm sure these grown men will live through the trauma of having ice thrown at them. Might need some counciling or theorapy but i'm sure they can pull through :kitten:

The1ApplePie

Outside of Romo and Brady, pretty much every late-round/undrafted QB is where they are because they suck. Romo worked his way to the backup spot over a few years. So did Brady. They didn't get tossed the keys straight out of college after Bledsoe went down. Romo and Brady also had the tools to be NFL QBs one day. Keenum is a midget that put up great numbers in Conference USA over the 16 years he was at U of H.

If he played at Alcorn State in college, would there be clamoring for him to start? Nope. UH fanboys (they have fans?) are crying for Case because he's a hometown guy.

Playoffs
It was classless. Even our opponents think so...

Chris Long ‏@JOEL9ONE (https://twitter.com/JOEL9ONE)
If I had known Matt was hurt I wouldn't have even celebrated the play. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

If you were at Reliant stadium and cheered Matt's injury, you are a poor representation of your fan base and a bad example to young fans.

This city doesn't deserve a championship.

cstyle42
10-14-2013, 10:05 AM

Now after saying all this and believing it... if Case Keenum comes out and plays great. At that point you will finally and truly understand that Gary Kubiak is a complete idiot. I hope Case somehow gets the chance.

BullNation4Life
10-14-2013, 10:08 AM

based on what pre-season games? That is just assinine. No way you can say Keenum is terrible UNTIL he gets a legit shot at running this offense, until then Kubiak needs to input all variables into solving this equation at QB...

cstyle42
10-14-2013, 10:09 AM
Outside of Romo and Brady, pretty much every late-round/undrafted QB is where they are because they suck. Romo worked his way to the backup spot over a few years. So did Brady. They didn't get tossed the keys straight out of college after Bledsoe went down. Romo and Brady also had the tools to be NFL QBs one day. Keenum is a midget that put up great numbers in Conference USA over the 16 years he was at U of H.

If he played at Alcorn State in college, would there be clamoring for him to start? Nope. UH fanboys (they have fans?) are crying for Case because he's a hometown guy.

There are people on espn saying they should give Case a shot over Yates. It's not just people being homers logically in a situation of this type you need to see what all you have instead of having this pessimistic attitude that he isn't going to succeed when the guy hasn't been given the opportunity yet.

kingtexan
10-14-2013, 10:09 AM
On TV you couldn't hear much cheering at all. I would venture to say the fans that were cheering, were doing so because Matt was leaving the game, not because he was hurt. I was happy to see the play happen, not because a human was in pain and suffering, but because it might give my team a better chance to win.

I don't want Matt or anyone else to be hurt, but hope he goes on season ending IR, just so we might have the chance to see what Case is capable of. You don't have to be classless, or cold-hearted to have cheered that he left the game yesterday. That is the way I see it, they were cheering that he was leaving, not that he was hurt.

As for the fans throwing ice, that's altogether stupid ...

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 10:12 AM
It was freaking ice, oh lord i'm sure they are ok. I used to get crap and piss thrown on me daily at work for 24K a year, i'm sure these grown men will live through the trauma of having ice thrown at them. Might need some counciling or theorapy but i'm sure they can pull through :kitten:

you made a choice to work in a prison for 24k a year? well thats a bummer

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Now after saying all this and believing it... if Case Keenum comes out and plays great. At that point you will finally and truly understand that Gary Kubiak is a complete idiot. I hope Case somehow gets the chance.

and if Case doesnt play well the homers can just blame Gary. Its like the VY club building under a new name

cstyle42
10-14-2013, 10:13 AM
their performance is irrelevant to cheering someone getting hurt, dont be satisfied with what you are watching thats fine

The money these players receive from the fans buying tickets is very relevant though.

Tailgate
10-14-2013, 10:15 AM
On TV you couldn't hear much cheering at all. I would venture to say the fans that were cheering, were doing so because Matt was leaving the game, not because he was hurt. I was happy to see the play happen, not because a human was in pain and suffering, but because it might give my team a better chance to win.

I don't want Matt or anyone else to be hurt, but hope he goes on season ending IR, just so we might have the chance to see what Case is capable of. You don't have to be classless, or cold-hearted to have cheered that he left the game yesterday. That is the way I see it, they were cheering that he was leaving, not that he was hurt.

As for the fans throwing ice, that's altogether stupid ...

Huh?? Not sure what yor TV set up is, but for me it was very easy to hear the cheering as soon as the fans saw Schaub was rolling around on the ground in pain. Not even debatable for me.

BullNation4Life
10-14-2013, 10:16 AM
It was classless. Even our opponents think so...

Chris Long ‏@JOEL9ONE (https://twitter.com/JOEL9ONE)

This city doesn't deserve a championship.

No fan should EVER cheer for an injury, on either team. That being said, this city doesn't deserve having to watch this hot garbage called the Houston Texans week in and week out...

It is a simple case of which came first the egg or he chicken. If the Texans are not facing a 4 game losing streak, Matt Schaub's last name isn't known as a verb when a QB throws a pick 6, and Gary Kubiak isn't the idiot HC we ALL know he is...

Would fans be so disgruntle to the point they cheer for an injured player?

Mr teX

hey hey hey......easy on UH fans....i went to UH & i want Case to succeed as much as the next UH fan but don't lump me in with the Keenum brigade.

The reason is b/c the numbers simply aren't in our favor that he'll be anything more than a good back up in this league. And as little faith as i currently have in Kubiak, i can't believe that he'd be that stupid....that stubborn.....to keep a guy he believes is a potential starter..not even active on game days..that is the epitome of incompetence.

2012Champs
The money these players receive from the fans buying tickets is very relevant though.

Oh you are their employer so you should have a right to cheer when they go down? I got it now. You arent the owner, part owner or have any right to the team

Tailgate

So lets be clear. You are completely fine with cheering for player injuries.

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 10:17 AM
No fan should EVER cheer for an injury, on either team. That being said, this city doesn't deserve having to watch this hot garbage called the Houston Texans week in and week out...

It is a simple case of which came first the egg or he chicken. If the Texans are not facing a 4 game losing streak, Matt Schaub's last name isn't known as a verb when a QB throws a pick 6, and Gary Kubiak isn't the idiot HC we ALL know he is...

Would fans be so disgruntle to the point they cheer for an injured player?

you dont deserve anything in the way of good sports

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 10:18 AM
I never said "every third or fourth stringer has a legit shot at being Brady." Dont try and put words in my mouth. Try re-reading my response and the comments I was responding to.

So why do you bring a unicorn up in the first place? The Brady situation is not comparable to Case

Hookem Horns
10-14-2013, 10:22 AM

:) I was at the "Snowball Game" in Philadelphia vs Dallas in 1989. A ref seriously got knocked out. I also remember Jimmy Johnson getting his hair messed up which was even more horrific.

This stuff is going to happen when thousands of fans are in the parking lot pounding beer at 8am. Philly has always been a huge drunkfest in the parking lots hours before kickoff. That plus the typical Philly attitude is why the fans are the way they are there.

It's happening in Houston also minus the Philly attitude.

The1ApplePie
10-14-2013, 10:23 AM
based on what pre-season games? That is just assinine. No way you can say Keenum is terrible UNTIL he gets a legit shot at running this offense, until then Kubiak needs to input all variables into solving this equation at QB...

Schaub was circling the drain, and is injury-prone. Was Keenum even dressed for the game? The coaches know him, see him practice, know what command he has of the playbook. If they thought he was special, he would be at least be the backup.

Belichick believed in Tom Brady when he was a backup or even before that. Parcells believed in Romo when he was in the same boat.

Keenum isn't a sideshow that can be trotted out to sell tickets, drive ratings, and tank games, unlike how Tebow was used in Denver by Elway.

kingtexan
10-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Huh?? Not sure what yor TV set up is, but for me it was very easy to hear the cheering as soon as the fans saw Schaub was rolling around on the ground in pain. Not even debatable for me.

Didn't say you couldn't hear anything, but it wasn't like the stadium erupted in cheers.

Either way I don't think it was cheering for an injury, it was fans happy Matt was leaving.

DBCooper
10-14-2013, 10:27 AM
I love the rationalization of assclown activity on this board.

Class.

Thorn
10-14-2013, 10:31 AM
There is a lot of unneeded indignation in this thread. So what fans cheered at an inappropriate time. Did they throw solid objects on the field? Were they a danger to themselves or the players? Get over it. Fans are fans. They paid their money for their tickets and that gives them the right to express themselves however they wish - UNTIL they become dangerous. Vocal taunts are not dangerous.

It was in bad taste, but I'm sure we'll all live.

Double Barrel
10-14-2013, 10:32 AM
PATHETIC.

That word keeps rolling around in my mind.

PATHETIC football for a PATHETIC fan base. Shit attracts flies, and they were out there on the stink yesterday cheering their PATHETIC wretched black hearts out for one of our own injured players.

Philly is nothing to this fan base. N-bombs at Warren Moon's family. Beer on David Carr's wife. Now cheering injury to one of our own.

If you defend this crap, suck an egg. You are PATHETIC, too.

It's JUST A FREAKIN' GAME, LOSER. A GAME THAT YOU WATCH.

Quit living vicariously through a game that someone else plays. :loser

I'm not labeling all Texans fans, but to the ones that feel the need to be complete douche bags, GTFO. Seriously, get off the bandwagon and go buy Cowboys gear if this is how you want to represent this city.

PATHETIC!!

djohn2oo8
10-14-2013, 10:34 AM
There is a lot of unneeded indignation in this thread. So what fans cheered at an inappropriate time. Did they throw solid objects on the field? Were they a danger to themselves or the players? Get over it. Fans are fans. They paid their money for their tickets and that gives them the right to express themselves however they wish - UNTIL they become dangerous. Vocal taunts are not dangerous.

Exactly.

1. People watch boxing and cheer when someone gets knocked out, potentially causing permanent brain damage. Same with MMA.

2. Wonder how many Texan players do that

3. This is all on Kubiak

Mr teX
10-14-2013, 10:34 AM

ummm actually they did..if i remember correctly someone said a few fans were throwing ice on the texans sidelines...maybe i heard wrong...but if true....:vincepalm:

djohn2oo8
10-14-2013, 10:35 AM
PATHETIC.

PATHETIC football for a PATHETIC fan base. Shit attracts flies, and they were out there on the stink yesterday cheering their PATHETIC wretched black hearts out for one of our own injured players.

Philly is nothing to this fan base. N-bombs at Warren Moon's family. Beer on David Carr's wife. Now cheering injury to one of our own.

I'm not labeling all Texans fans, but to the ones that feel the need to be complete douche bags, GTFO. Seriously, get off the bandwagon and go buy Cowboys gear if this is how you want to represent this city.

PATHETIC!!

You mean the same Philly fans that booed Santa Claus and cheered Michael Irvin's career ending injury?

Thorn
10-14-2013, 10:35 AM
ummm actually they did..if i remember correctly someone said a few fans were throwing ice on the texans sidelines...maybe i heard wrong...but if true....:vincepalm:

If the fans were throwing stuff, that is wrong. They should get kicked out of the stadium and not allowed to return.

HOU-TEX
10-14-2013, 10:43 AM
PATHETIC.

PATHETIC!!

Agreed. You know what's sad? I actually knew there'd be cheers once I saw Schaub rolling around holding his leg. Sure enough, there were cheers. I think Fox drowned them out a little once they started, but they were there.

We're in a sad, sad situation all together. Coach, Schaub, the entire team is in shambles. It's sickening that we have this much talent and we're this undisciplined. Zero accountability across the board. Manning wisely takes touchbacks, gets hurt and Martin's allowed to take it out? Pathetic

Wolf
We have officially became a fan base where the back up QB is one of the most popular players on the team

no matter who is starting

The1ApplePie
PATHETIC.

PATHETIC!!

But... Texans fans were never Cowboys fans, they were always Oilers fans! Seriously, they always loved the Oilers! They totally didn't love the Cowboys DB! They totally didn't!:cow:

The1ApplePie
10-14-2013, 10:45 AM
We have officially became a fan base where the back up QB is one of the most popular players on the team

Have I traveled to an alternate reality where Sage Rosenfels never existed?

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 10:45 AM
Exactly.

1. People watch boxing and cheer when someone gets knocked out, potentially causing permanent brain damage. Same with MMA.

2. Wonder how many Texan players do that

3. This is all on Kubiak

Well the level of stupidity of comparing mma or boxing knockouts to a football player getting hurt is beyond logic

texanhead08
10-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Did you cheer when Schaub was injured?

No, I didn't I just looked at the person with me at the game and said wow. It was one of the biggest wtf moments in Houston sport history.

djohn2oo8
10-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Well the level of stupidity of comparing mma or boxing knockouts to a football player getting hurt is beyond logic

Not really.

steelbtexan
10-14-2013, 10:49 AM
you dont deserve anything in the way of good sports

Who IYO does deserve anything good in the way of sports?

After 11 yrs of selling to the fans we're almost there. I dont want to do anything too traumatic, while making 1 bil off of the loyal TEXANS FANBASE does BoB deserve a Lombardi?

Does BoB even care about winning a Lombardi? So far his actions make me question his commitment and dont even give me that a businessman like BoB is still learning how to be an NFL owner after owning the team for 11 yrs and counting. That's laughable.

TexansFight
10-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Its ridiculous how much play this is getting. This isn't something unique to Houston. This has happened across the league. As someone mentioned, just LAST YEAR, fans in KC were called out for doing the same when Cassell got hurt.

In fact one of Jim Mora's CLASSIC postgame meltdowns was when he was in New Orleans and got irate at Saints fans in the SuperDome for cheering when Wade Wilson went down. I remember watching that game (it was a primetime game) and the cheers were LOUD. Nothing like the smattering heard yesterday at Reliant.

Here is a clip of the classic meltdown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvMwECIOXYs

To summarize, I think cheering, wishing or even stating that you wish so and so player go down is bad karma and I don't do engage in that at all.

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Not really.

Yes really. In an activity where its an objective to win the match it is expected. Moronic to compare it to football injuries

djohn2oo8
10-14-2013, 10:52 AM
Yes really. In an activity where its an objective to win the match it is expected. Moronic to compare it to football injuries

You can win the match without getting a knockout. People still want to see knockouts.

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 10:52 AM
Who IYO does deserve anything good in the way of sports?

After 11 yrs of selling to the fans we're almost there. I dont want to do anything too traumatic, while making 1 bil off of the loyal TEXANS FANBASE does BoB deserve a Lombardi?

Does BoB even care about winning a Lombardi? So far his actions make me question his commitment.

No one deserves "X" in the way of sports. They are games for entertainment. Bob doesnt owe you or anyone a Lombardi, top tier Qb or playoff runs every year. You arnet entitled to crap

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 10:53 AM
You can win the match without getting a knockout. People still want to see knockouts.

A knockout ends the match and gives the win to the creator. Knocking out a player does not and is not an objective or a means to end the game. Terrible analogy

DBCooper
10-14-2013, 10:54 AM
I'd be pi$$ed if my own fans were cheering my teammates injury.

For those of you that think its ok, walk up to JJ Watt or Andre Johnson and tell them how cool it was when Schaub went down.

Be sure to have your buddy video tape it.

Texan_Bill
10-14-2013, 10:54 AM
PATHETIC.

PATHETIC!!

Darryl-

I was embarrassed to be a Texan fan yesterday!

Alcohol is not an excuse. Lord knows, I can drink with the best of them and yet I was still embarrassed.

The1ApplePie
10-14-2013, 10:56 AM
A good list of quotes from Texans players:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/14/texans-players-sound-off-on-fans-cheering-matt-schaub-injury/

Cornerback Jonathan Joseph was more concise, via Paul Gallant of SportsRadio 610 in Houston: “They gonna do that, don’t show the f–k up.”

djohn2oo8
10-14-2013, 10:57 AM
A knockout ends the match and gives the win to the creator. Knocking out a player does not and is not an objective or a means to end the game. Terrible analogy
People want to see knockouts no matter if the boxer is seriously injured or not. They don't care.

steelbtexan
10-14-2013, 10:58 AM
No one deserves "X" in the way of sports. They are games for entertainment. Bob doesnt owe you or anyone a Lombardi, top tier Qb or playoff runs every year. You arnet entitled to crap

After supporting the team financially for over a decade the GREAT FANS of the Texans should be entitled to an owner that's commited to putting the best product on the field as possible. In fact BoB should just come out and say what you posted.

If he did, the town would turn on him faster than it did Bud.

So lets just say we will have to disagree.

steelbtexan
10-14-2013, 11:01 AM

BTW, buying a ticket entitles me the right to boo when I want too.

(No I didn't boo yesterday.)

If BoB or the rest of the Texans org doesn't like it tough titty.

TexansFight
10-14-2013, 11:04 AM
I see that "TexansFight" got his wish about wanting Texans fans to be more like Eagles fans.

Excellent. Release your anger Texans fans.

http://sciencefiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Emperor-Palpatine-Release-Your-Anger.jpg

EllisUnit
10-14-2013, 11:05 AM
you made a choice to work in a prison for 24k a year? well thats a bummer

They made the choice to play football where fans can buy drinks and might get stuff thrown on them.

cstyle42
10-14-2013, 11:05 AM
I'd be pi$$ed if my own fans were cheering my teammates injury.

For those of you that think its ok, walk up to JJ Watt or Andre Johnson and tell them how cool it was when Schaub went down.

Be sure to have your buddy video tape it.

Some fans wouldn't be scared to do this... the gun laws in Texas haven't exactly changed yet you know.

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 11:07 AM
After supporting the team financially for over a decade the GREAT FANS of the Texans should be entitled to an owner that's commited to putting the best product on the field as possible. In fact BoB should just come out and say what you posted.

If he did, the town would turn on him faster than it did Bud.

So lets just say we will have to disagree.

The only thing you were entitled to was a team coming to town. You got that. Then if you buy tickets you are entitled to go watch the game. Thats it and nothing more

BTW, buying a ticket entitles me the right to boo when I want too.

(No I didn't boo yesterday.)

If BoB or the rest of the Texans org doesn't like it tough titty.

You can boo all you want

TheIronDuke
http://www.wingclips.com/system/movie-clips/gladiator/win-the-crowd/images/gladiator-movie-clip-screenshot-win-the-crowd_large.jpg

Win the crowd.

Uncle Rico
Anyone trying to make excuses for the crowd probably wanted Matt to get hurt in the first place and truly are disgusting people When do you draw the line between being a fan and being a decent human being?

First time I've been ashamed to be a Texan fan, and this incident will live on in infamy for many years, but on the bright side some of you got your wish, maybe Matt's ankle is shredded, will force retirement and a limp the rest of his life, but he deserves it right, for playing poorly?

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 11:08 AM
People want to see knockouts no matter if the boxer is seriously injured or not. They don't care.

Do you cheer for your boxer to get knocked out? Stop with your stupid analogy it doenst work

cstyle42
10-14-2013, 11:08 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/14/texans-players-sound-off-on-fans-cheering-matt-schaub-injury/

Lol when the lockout for the nfl comes all of a sudden he will be saying different things regarding the fans. He needs to educate himself on how the nfl started out.

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 11:09 AM
They made the choice to play football where fans can buy drinks and might get stuff thrown on them.

Thats not a normal function of attending a football game as a fan or player. Taking a ****ty 24k a year job you are expecting those things to happen

EllisUnit
10-14-2013, 11:09 AM

This basically goes for all nfl teams and their fans, sad thing is if they said that i would no longer watch the NFL. We pay their salaries regardless of how you look at it, so yeah i believe teams do owe their fans a trophy. Without us watching they arent making millions cause the NFL wouldnt exist. Goes hand and hand

cstyle42
10-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Anyone trying to make excuses for the crowd probably wanted Matt to get hurt in the first place and truly are disgusting people When do you draw the line between being a fan and being a decent human being?

First time I've been ashamed to be a Texan fan, and this incident will live on in infamy for many years, but on the bright side some of you got your wish, maybe Matt's ankle is shredded, will force retirement and a limp the rest of his life, but he deserves it right, for playing poorly?

The only thing sports fans remember at the end of the day is were you a winner or a loser.

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 11:11 AM
This basically goes for all nfl teams and their fans, sad thing is if they said that i would no longer watch the NFL. We pay their salaries regardless of how you look at it, so yeah i believe teams do owe their fans a trophy. Without us watching they arent making millions cause the NFL wouldnt exist. Goes hand and hand

no one owes you a trophy, go play teeball at the Y if you are in need of a trophy as it is part of that deal

EllisUnit
10-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Thats not a normal function of attending a football game as a fan or player. Taking a ****ty 24k a year job you are expecting those things to happen

Haha so making 24K a year u deserve it ? And making 100K to millions a year u cant get ice thrown at you ? Cheering when Schaub went down is one thing but making a big deal about a few pieces of ice is retarded.

cstyle42
10-14-2013, 11:14 AM
no one owes you a trophy, go play teeball at the Y if you are in need of a trophy as it is part of that deal

If that's the case do what the Oilers did... leave. Take the good ol boy system somewhere else. That's how I feel. You play to win if I'm not seeing that I rather the organization not exist.

Vinny
10-14-2013, 11:15 AM
I sure hope the Texans can get over fans being mean and "wrongly cheering" and injury. Not taking sides with the morons, but this is overplayed and overreacted. Some people are idiots...what's new? Texans need to focus on what's wrong with the team and not what's wrong with the Public Education system.

Uncle Rico
10-14-2013, 11:15 AM
The only thing sports fans remember at the end of the day is were you a winner or a loser.

Maybe you should find a different hobby? If wins/losses determine your happiness then I feel sorry for you. Or maybe work out, run fast and try out for the team? Instead of puffing your chest out and making such a statement because it really is a Neanderthal way of thought.

djohn2oo8
10-14-2013, 11:16 AM
Do you cheer for your boxer to get knocked out? Stop with your stupid analogy it doenst work

You cheer for the other boxer to get knocked out obviously. Doesn't matter. Whether you cheer for your player or the other player to get hurt, you still cheer for an injury. Same with boxing.

EllisUnit

Then we dont owe the players anything, including respect. This is a two way street, we dont pay their salaries to watch them lose. And yes we do pay their salaries. Ask the jags about not having fan support.

steelbtexan
The only thing you were entitled to was a team coming to town. You got that. Then if you buy tickets you are entitled to go watch the game. Thats it and nothing more

You can boo all you want

This is what got Bud run out of town.

I would rather have no football in Houston than an inept org.

You seem to be OK with the way things are going down over on Kirby.

You're right fans aren't entitled to a good on field product. But Bob is entitled to feel the heat for putting a crap product on the field. This only the begining of the heat that BoB is going to feel when his org goes in the crapper.

How do you think it's going to be at Reliant after the Texans lose to KC and Indy and they deserve all of the crap they get.

Hookem Horns
10-14-2013, 11:17 AM

The fan comments are a bit telling also. For example ...

I remember last year when the Texans played here in Chicago-I was disgusted at how they carried themselves the night before the game.

Cornering Bears fans in bars, pissing all over the floors of the bathrooms…blatantly rude and obnoxious.

Their behavior on Sunday was unfortunately not surprising to me at all.

(*I am sure that this does not encompass the entire fan base, but, this is where the ‘stereotype’ comes from)

I have done quite a few road trips and this quote doesn't surprise me. Since the team started making the playoffs I have been noticing an increasing amount of a certain element of fans traveling. I will just say ones that don't look like they are coming from the best neighborhoods in Houston.

In Jacksonville last season we had a row of Texans fans sitting a few rows down from us. They were wasted, yelling obscenities turning around mocking the Jags fans, etc. It was teeing me off because we were often the focus of the Jags fans retribution. It was pretty embarrassing.

I noticed some of this too in Nashville last season. Texans fans getting wasted the night before, mouthing off walking down the streets, etc.

Of course I am not referring to the long timers that I have seen travel for years. This element of fans are fairly new and obviously only going to be around when the team is winning.

Vinny
If that's the case do what the Oilers did... leave. Take the good ol boy system somewhere else. That's how I feel. You play to win if I'm not seeing that I rather the organization not exist.

I really don't consider this kind of an attitude aligned with being a "real fan" for whatever that is worth. Sounds more like a bandwagon fan to me. I have followed Houston football since back to back 1-13 Oiler seasons and it hurt to see the team leave. Football is about peaks and valleys. Real fans go through them all...bandwagon fans just want to pick the meat out of the stew.

2012Champs
Haha so making 24K a year u deserve it ? And making 100K to millions a year u cant get ice thrown at you ? Cheering when Schaub went down is one thing but making a big deal about a few pieces of ice is retarded.

I didnt say anyone deserved it however it is normal part of the job working in a jail. Playing in the NFL its not normal to have anything but a ball thrown at you

htowntexans1985
10-14-2013, 11:22 AM
They get they're asses handed to them yesterday, and all they can complain about is us fans? How bout they complain about a no name running back running it down their collective throats? They too can stay home if they aren't going to show the hell up.

Tailgate
10-14-2013, 11:34 AM

I have done quite a few road trips and this quote doesn't surprise me. Since the team started making the playoffs I have been noticing an increasing amount of a certain element of fans traveling. I will just say ones that don't look like they are coming from the best neighborhoods in Houston.

In Jacksonville last season we had a row of Texans fans sitting a few rows down from us. They were wasted, yelling obscenities turning around mocking the Jags fans, etc. It was teeing me off because we were often the focus of the Jags fans retribution. It was pretty embarrassing.

I noticed some of this too in Nashville last season. Texans fans getting wasted the night before, mouthing off walking down the streets, etc.

Of course I am not referring to the long timers that I have seen travel for years. This element of fans are fairly new and obviously only going to be around when the team is winning.

I know exactly the "element" you speak of.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-14-2013, 11:39 AM
I sure hope the Texans can get over fans being mean and "wrongly cheering" and injury. Not taking sides with the morons, but this is overplayed and overreacted. Some people are idiots...what's new? Texans need to focus on what's wrong with the team and not what's wrong with the Public Education system.

QFT

Norg
10-14-2013, 11:40 AM
i didn't boo but really I don't care what these players or the rest of the nation thinks period

to me some Houston fans are finally growing ballz and becoming more like the big city Fans whooo booo there players all the time NY PHILLY CHI

if players don't like it here go play for some citys and fans who are fairweather and really don't even give a care about football or have just lost faith St Louis Jags San deigo Carolina

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 11:46 AM
Then we dont owe the players anything, including respect. This is a two way street, we dont pay their salaries to watch them lose. And yes we do pay their salaries. Ask the jags about not having fan support.

You dont pay the players, the Texans do. The jags fans? Hmm are the jags having a hard time making payroll?

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 11:47 AM
i didn't boo but really I don't care what these players or the rest of the nation thinks period

to me some Houston fans are finally growing ballz and becoming more like the big city Fans whooo booo there players all the time NY PHILLY CHI

if players don't like it here go play for some citys and fans who are fairweather and really don't even give a care about football or have just lost faith St Louis Jags San deigo Carolina

Maybe you are confused so I will point out the difference here

Booing for poor play = understandable

Cheering for your player getting hurt = pathetic

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 11:49 AM
You cheer for the other boxer to get knocked out obviously. Doesn't matter. Whether you cheer for your player or the other player to get hurt, you still cheer for an injury. Same with boxing.

Getting knocked out doesnt mean you suffered an injury. In two sports it is a major objective in both of them, in the nfl it is not.

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 11:50 AM

This is what got Bud run out of town.

I would rather have no football in Houston than an inept org.

You seem to be OK with the way things are going down over on Kirby.

You're right fans aren't entitled to a good on field product. But Bob is entitled to feel the heat for putting a crap product on the field. This only the begining of the heat that BoB is going to feel when his org goes in the crapper.

How do you think it's going to be at Reliant after the Texans lose to KC and Indy and they deserve all of the crap they get.

You two should find another team

Home team fan
10-14-2013, 11:52 AM
I don't chime in a lot, BUT I have told people for along time the we have the biggest collection of role models and classy players in the NFL. I have always been loyal to my teams ( Oilers, Aggies, Astros and the Texans). I was not at the game but I hope the fans that were cheering were a small amount of fans. We see morals breaking down more and more every day. Sports are a good way to teach our children good life lessons and morals. I'm sure that the fans that were cheering are the same kind of adults that might try to start a fight at a little league game. Until now I thought our fan base had the same standard of class as our team. I would rather loose every game than have a bunch of thugs on our team and have to explain why to my children. To the rest of Houston that fill like I do, stay classy. That is why I love our team and our city.
Yes I want to win every game, but refuse to give up my morals to do it. Have a great day Houston!!!

Norg
10-14-2013, 11:55 AM
Maybe you are confused so I will point out the difference here

Booing for poor play = understandable

Cheering for your player getting hurt = pathetic

what did u think would happen this has been building for months prob for years fans were going into the game mad at scahub LOL I don't see how this shocked people LOL ..?????? pathetic yeah I agree but it is what it is

Kansas city fans booed Matt cassle when he got knocked out ..?????

to me cheering or booing I like that it shows the fans still have hope they still care

Someone who just sits there and bees silent and the hole stadium is empty or crickets that's like oK they have givin up LOL or just don't care anymore LOL

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 11:58 AM
what did u think would happen this has been building for months prob for years fans were going into the game mad at scahub LOL I don't see how this shocked people LOL ..?????? pathetic yeah I agree but it is what it is

It is pathetic I agree

Kansas city fans booed Matt cassle when he got knocked out ..?????

I couldnt care less what happend or happens in KC

to me cheering or booing I like that it shows the fans still have hope they still care

Cheering injury does not show that you care

Someone who just sits there and bees silent and the hole stadium is empty or crickets that's like oK they have givin up LOL or just don't care anymore LOL

So instead make some noise when one of your players goes down? Classy my friends real classy

Home team fan
10-14-2013, 12:04 PM

Are were growing ballz? or getting their morals?

Norg
10-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Are were growing ballz? or getting their morals?

some Houston fans are changing that's all I can say

I can see why some fans are getting angry think of it Houston football has never won a SB so we have been down in the dumps since the 70's

I would think some of these older fans wont to "SEEEE""""" us win before they """DIEEE"""" just once LOL

IDK

bOODRO87
10-14-2013, 12:19 PM
I'm sure Matt's feelings were hurt with 29 million coming his way. He's got the last laugh.

Thorn
10-14-2013, 12:34 PM

Exactly. + rep.

darnbni99a
10-14-2013, 12:36 PM
i dont approve of the cheering for Schaub when he got hurt but i am not surprised.

silvrhand
10-14-2013, 12:52 PM

+ 100% it's just another distraction from the real problem, no matter what area of life you are in you aren't going to make everyone happy, and they just need to ignore the noise and the media attention around it and get back to business.

infantrycak
10-14-2013, 12:57 PM
+ 100% it's just another distraction from the real problem, no matter what area of life you are in you aren't going to make everyone happy, and they just need to ignore the noise and the media attention around it and get back to business.

If players were running off giving unsolicited rants I might share a concern about them being distracted. As it is there are 50 microphones under their nose and they are being asked pointed questions. I can't fault them for answering honestly.

Dan B.
10-14-2013, 01:59 PM
I don't know which is more pathetic -- the guy who thinks that rich people deserve to be mocked when they are hurt or the guy who thinks NFL fans should act like convicted criminals.

The rationalizing makes my head hurt. Does that mean if you're a janitor you can fling crap on the field, since you clean it up for 30k a year and that guy makes millions?

Norg
10-14-2013, 02:39 PM
I don't think some people were cheering the fact that matt hurt his ankle I think they were cheering the fact that FInally scahub would be coming off the field.

TexansFight
10-14-2013, 02:40 PM

I want you to explain to me EXACTLY what you mean by they "don't look like they are coming from the best neighborhoods in Houston". I would like to know what you mean. To me, it sounds like you are disparaging our Latino and/or black fanbase. Personally, I think both add a lot of flavor and love the tailgating scene at Reliant. Great food and music played.

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 02:47 PM
I want you to explain to me EXACTLY what you mean by they "don't look like they are coming from the best neighborhoods in Houston". I would like to know what you mean. To me, it sounds like you are disparaging our Latino and/or black fanbase. Personally, I think both add a lot of flavor and love the tailgating scene at Reliant. Great food and music played.

it didnt look like he was talking about activities around reliant from what he was seeing in jacksonville or tenn

TexansFight
10-14-2013, 02:53 PM
it didnt look like he was talking about activities around reliant from what he was seeing in jacksonville or tenn

When you are referring to "not coming from the best neighborhoods" you are using a euphemism for race. Neighborhoods are often defined by the majority race. Come on man.

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 02:54 PM
When you are referring to "not coming from the best neighborhoods" you are using a euphemism for race. Neighborhoods are often defined by the majority race. Come on man.

he could have be referring to trailer parks

What I was pointing out what it seemed his comments were about other areas not the great food or music at reliant

Norg
10-14-2013, 02:55 PM
I used to love in back then when they would let anybody in to tailgate it was like Woodstock and I think more people bought tickets

now its kinda bare and empty

Hookem Horns
10-14-2013, 03:08 PM

Maybe I was referring to the Persian community. :kitten:

In all seriousness, you would be wrong. I have seen a lot younger, rowdier crowd, some acting like "gangsta" wannabes, traveling to games of late.

FWIW, the jackass fans that were in front of me in Jacksonville where white and acting like white trash.

If I had an issue with the Latino community I probably wouldn't have married into it, learned the language, etc.

Tailgate
10-14-2013, 03:14 PM
I used to love in back then when they would let anybody in to tailgate it was like Woodstock and I think more people bought tickets

Really? It was a complete mess, was getting out of hand and came to a dangerous head when we played the cowboys. Its better, but its still a mess. Couple weeks back a big crew that didnt even go into the game, were having a massive party, fights broke out in front of us, and people were beating on our truck because we were honking horn to gtf out of the way. They could care less that we just lost in a bad way... And didnt even go to game. Just needed an excuse to party in a crowd, get rowdy in the parking lots, act tough, and cause a scene.

And unfortunately someone found a way to clone these large non attending game parties all over. Fun!!!

Marcus
10-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Link (http://tracking.si.com/2013/10/13/houston-texans-cheer-matt-schaub-injury/?section=si_latest)

Johnathan Joseph to fans who cheered Matt Schaub’s injury: ‘Don’t show the f– up’

Double Barrel
10-14-2013, 04:12 PM

Well yeah, it's lowest common denominator stuff in a sensationalized soundbite culture.

TBH, I think one of the reasons that it's being "overplayed and overreacted" by the media and players is simple. Right or wrong, they expected more from this fan base.

So when Houston fans start acting like bottom feeders, it's a bit surprising because there was a time when folks looked at this city's sports fans with some semblance of respect. For the most part, we used to have some standards and understand the basic rules of dignity. There were no riots or burning police cars when the Rockets won back-to-back championships. I think a broken window at a store was the worst of it, iirc.

Now a bunch of dolts get their liquid courage and vent their frustrations from living vapid lives at the folks they live vicariously through. They got nothing substantial in life, so they take it out like a bunch of petulant children throwing temper tantrums on their freakin' ENTERTAINERS. Because, truthfully, that's all players really are at the end of the day.

Yeah, obviously the team has bigger issues right now. But that does not excuse POS behavior by a bunch of slimeballs.

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 04:22 PM

they should give field sobriety test before letting folks into the game that would be nice

Hookem Horns
10-14-2013, 04:29 PM
they should give field sobriety test before letting folks into the game that would be nice

The place would look like Jacksonville if they started doing that.

hookinreds
10-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Cheering for an injury is flat out wrong. That being said, I believe that most weren’t cheering that he got hurt, but that Kubiak’s hand was finally forced to put another QB in. If the player is hurt, they know the change is coming and were happy to know the change was about to happen. I would like to think that is what they were cheering for, and that mostly it was a timing mistake by not waiting until TJ started coming on the field. The organization created whatever the reaction was on the field. There was no way we were going to win this game from the beginning with Kubiaks “let’s protect Matt’s pride” game plan. IMHO, fans are fed up with Kubiak’s lack of a quality game plan with the right personnel on the field. Then for him to come out after the game and give us this BS “I told you so” response saying that all along it hasn’t been just a QB issue, there’s issues all over the team. What a freaking crock of… Ever fan knows what Schaub potential is, we’ve seen it, but it’s what his typical play is that we always get and that’s all we are ever going to get. There is no more “hope” with Schaub on the field, at least with another QB on the field Texan fan can hold on to the “potential” for a new QB to do more than what we have seen from Schaub. I agree that you can’t run an organization based on the fan’s “feelings”, but I think the fans have this one right. Make this change two weeks ago, and you don’t have this conversation.

As for an organization…we have had a pick 6 in every game going back to the final one against Cincy in the playoffs.
We have a 4-8 record over the last 12 games, and have been blown out in 6 of those…and that doesn’t include the Green Bay game where made the game look close in garbage time. I point a lot of the blowouts last season towards the fact that Cushing was out. We are so week at LB that when Cushing goes out the middle of the field is wide open for the run or pass….same can be said if Watt goes out, we'd be toast. The loss of either makes our Defense personnel average at best. There is absolutely no more stretching the field on offense, we flat out have no downfield plays called, either because we can’t get the ball down there, we can’t pass protect (don’t even get me started on Newton). We play in a 7 yard offense and that don’t fly. Of the three QBs on the roster, I still think that Keenum should be the QB on game day. We’ve had a glimpse of what TJ can do from previous seasons, and I wasn’t all that impressed…I think he gives us about the same as what Schaub gives us. Keenum is more mobile, and seems to have a better touch on his passes. Is Keenum the final answer going forward...that has yet to be determined, but he's the best answer on our roster now.

TexansFight
10-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Maybe I was referring to the Persian community. :kitten:

In all seriousness, you would be wrong. I have seen a lot younger, rowdier crowd, some acting like "gangsta" wannabes, traveling to games of late.

FWIW, the jackass fans that were in front of me in Jacksonville where white and acting like white trash.

If I had an issue with the Latino community I probably wouldn't have married into it, learned the language, etc.

I figured you didn't mean any harm but was just curious as to what you meant. We are cool.

Nitrofish
10-16-2013, 09:13 AM
Yeah, he and the rest of the nation is talking about many of you on this board. You must all be so proud. Well at least you are finaly getting the national media attention you so desperately want. Nice work!

Watch Video (http://www.nfl.com/videos/the-shek-report/0ap2000000264247/Reality-Shek-Fandumb)

bOODRO87
10-16-2013, 09:18 AM
I was raised to not give a flying F what people said or thought towards me. Schaub and the players should do the same. This situation is so blown out of proportion. A bunch of Nancy's in this country.

deucetx
10-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Thanks for telling us something we already knew and has been discussed on this board to death? Thought the horse was already dead enough for the glue factory but apparently not.

Dread-Head
10-16-2013, 09:50 AM
Hopefully if they quote my blag-gazz they spell my name right.

steelbtexan
10-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Yeah, he and the rest of the nation is talking about many of you on this board. You must all be so proud. Well at least you are finaly getting the national media attention you so desperately want. Nice work!

Watch Video (http://www.nfl.com/videos/the-shek-report/0ap2000000264247/Reality-Shek-Fandumb)

You actually care what people think about us?

Your insecurities know no bounds.

It's a game, it's entertainment, who cares.

Fact is, Right now the Texans aren't very entertaining. The Texans set all of this up by selling the SB or bust to the fanbase.

2012Champs
10-16-2013, 10:36 AM

Fact is, Right now the Texans aren't very entertaining. The Texans set all of this up by selling the SB or bust to the fanbase.

Well Ive seen all to well that a lot of fans care about what the nation is saying, certainly when the team was not getting enough love or attention on the national level. You have to take the good with the bad

BullNation4Life
10-16-2013, 10:44 AM
Well Ive seen all to well that a lot of fans care about what the nation is saying, certainly when the team was not getting enough love or attention on the national level. You have to take the good with the bad

Problem is Texans fans have been taking the bad for 9 outta the last 11 years with this organization. When does it change? How is it other organizations can get it right and change it in a year or so and the Texans organization has gotten it wrong so many years?

Again I would never condone cheering for an injury on any team but I defiantly understand the frustration of Texan fans. When you are feed a line of BS for so many years and the product is far worse than advertised, fans begin to realize the sham that resides over on Kirby and start to voice their opinions, right or wrong....

2012Champs
10-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Problem is Texans fans have been taking the bad for 9 outta the last 11 years with this organization. When does it change? How is it other organizations can get it right and change it in a year or so and the Texans organization has gotten it wrong so many years?

Again I would never condone cheering for an injury on any team but I defiantly understand the frustration of Texan fans. When you are feed a line of BS for so many years and the product is far worse than advertised, fans begin to realize the sham that resides over on Kirby and start to voice their opinions, right or wrong....

Find another team it is simply that easy if you dont like the product. If you keep buying a product you dont like thats on you

Nitrofish
10-16-2013, 11:26 AM
I was raised to not give a flying F what people said or thought towards me. Schaub and the players should do the same. This situation is so blown out of proportion. A bunch of Nancy's in this country.

As far as "not give a flying F what people said or thought", I would say that is your problem. Selfish narcissistic people often feel that way, and then sadly pass it on to their kids. There was a time when this country was truly great that people cared about other people, and had respect for others, but these days you see more and more of the same kind of attitude that you have. It's a shame really.

Like a spoiled little brat kicking and screaming on the ground because you didn't get your way. (But Mommy, Coach Kubiak didn't put the QB I wanted in the game, waaaaaaaaa) Despicable. Like 2012Champs said. You have to take the bad with the good. Fair weather Texans fans have taken it TOO far this year IMO, no matter how you spin it.

Me insecure? Yea right. I'm not the one who attaches my self esteem to the way the Texans play. Or blame the Texans for selling a SB or bust mentality. You guys just seem to be unwilling to accept that just because the Texans win or lose has no bearing on who you are as a person, or where your life is at. You say who cares, but then you care that people think the Texans suck, or that the entertainment didn't live up to your standards. Not very consistent with your argument.

I buy a ticket to go see a movie too, and I don't get to decide how it ends, or who gets the girl. The trailer made the movie look awesome, and my own expectation enhanced that, but the movie ends up sucking anyway. If you do not like the product, walk out, stop going to the games. Don't stand in the parking lot and complain, or cheer from the stands when the QB you have been railing against gets injured trying to entertain you. Buying a ticket does not entitle you, or anyone else to act like an idiot. There are other fans who do care, and are entertained win, or lose. The universe does not revolve around you, or other fans like you.

Remind me. How long were the Patriots the laughing stock of the league? Allot longer than the Texans have been around I can assure you. How about the Buccaneers before they won the SB? Just to name a few. You act as if the Texans are the only team in the league who are up and down.

Stop crying and whining. Talk about a bunch of Nancy's...

Uncle Rico
10-16-2013, 12:11 PM
As far as "not give a flying F what people said or thought", I would say that is your problem. Selfish narcissistic people often feel that way, and then sadly pass it on to their kids. There was a time when this country was truly great that people cared about other people, and had respect for others, but these days you see more and more of the same kind of attitude that you have. It's a shame really.

Like a spoiled little brat kicking and screaming on the ground because you didn't get your way. (But Mommy, Coach Kubiak didn't put the QB I wanted in the game, waaaaaaaaa) Despicable. Like 2012Champs said. You have to take the bad with the good. Fair weather Texans fans have taken it TOO far this year IMO, no matter how you spin it.

Me insecure? Yea right. I'm not the one who attaches my self esteem to the way the Texans play. Or blame the Texans for selling a SB or bust mentality. You guys just seem to be unwilling to accept that just because the Texans win or lose has no bearing on who you are as a person, or where your life is at. You say who cares, but then you care that people think the Texans suck, or that the entertainment didn't live up to your standards. Not very consistent with your argument.

I buy a ticket to go see a movie too, and I don't get to decide how it ends, or who gets the girl. The trailer made the movie look awesome, and my own expectation enhanced that, but the movie ends up sucking anyway. If you do not like the product, walk out, stop going to the games. Don't stand in the parking lot and complain, or cheer from the stands when the QB you have been railing against gets injured trying to entertain you. Buying a ticket does not entitle you, or anyone else to act like an idiot. There are other fans who do care, and are entertained win, or lose. The universe does not revolve around you, or other fans like you.

Remind me. How long were the Patriots the laughing stock of the league? Allot longer than the Texans have been around I can assure you. How about the Buccaneers before they won the SB? Just to name a few. You act as if the Texans are the only team in the league who are up and down.

Bravo! :clap:

2012Champs
10-16-2013, 12:14 PM

msr

BullNation4Life
10-16-2013, 01:08 PM

You would be wrong. Patriots were making the playoffs regularly, went to a Super Bowl, then up until 1986-1996 when they went to the Super Bowl, again! WHAT! The "laughing stock of the league" WENT TO A SUPER BOWL! How on earth did that happen, OH YEAH that got a f'ing coach that knew what he was doing and a QB that was good.

Tampa Bay didn't take off until new ownership in 1997 then took what 5 years after that to win? So you would be wrong on them considering Texans got new ownership 11 years ago and haven't been to a Super Bowl yet....

When the hell were the Texans ever up? They have ALWAYS been down. They win a division, but blow a chance for a #1 seed by going on a freaking 4 game losing streak. You call that being up?

You have the same mentality as those jackholes on Kirby, a losing mentality. Mediocrity is sufficient enough for you, even if has been 10+years while teams like the Saints, who went threw their woes, turned it around in 1 freaking year. A team like SF, who went through their woes, turned it around in 1 freaking year. Texans are on year 11 now and it is the same BS year after year. Tired of listening to the same recycled BS from Kubiak and Schaub. "It's on me, I need to get those guys more prepared, yada yada freaking yada. It has taken Kubiak 8 years and guess what, THEY STILL ARE NOT PREPARED EVERY SUNDAY!

You go ahead and continue to wear your Schaubiak colored glasses cause you are just as blind with them on than with them off...

Nitrofish
10-16-2013, 02:26 PM
You would be wrong. Patriots were making the playoffs regularly, went to a Super Bowl, then up until 1986-1996 when they went to the Super Bowl, again! WHAT! The "laughing stock of the league" WENT TO A SUPER BOWL! How on earth did that happen, OH YEAH that got a f'ing coach that knew what he was doing and a QB that was good.

Tampa Bay didn't take off until new ownership in 1997 then took what 5 years after that to win? So you would be wrong on them considering Texans got new ownership in 2002 and haven't been to a Super Bowl yet....

When the hell were the Texans ever up? They have ALWAYS been down. They win a division, but blow a chance for a #1 seed by going on a freaking 4 game losing streak. You call that being up?

You have the same mentality as those jackholes on Kirby, a losing mentality. Mediocrity is sufficient enough for you, even if has been 10+years while teams like the Saints, who went threw their woes, turned it around in 1 freaking year. A team like SF, who went through their woes, turned it around in 1 freaking year. Texans are on year 11 now and it is the same BS year after year. Tired of listening to the same recycled BS from Kubiak and Schaub. "It's on me, I need to get those guys more prepared, yada yada freaking yada. It has taken Kubiak 8 years and guess what, THEY STILL ARE NOT PREPARED EVERY SUNDAY!

You go ahead and continue to wear your Schaubiak colored glasses cause you are just as blind with them on than with them off...

Yeah ok, let's examine shall we.

Patriots 1960 - 1984
W=139
L=175
Win %: 44
Playoff Appearances: 4
Super Bowl Appearances: 0
Super Bowl Wins: 0

1985 - 2000
W=117
L=139
Win %: 45
Playoff Appearances: 6
Super Bowl Appearances: 2

So 10 playoff appearances from 1960 - 2000 is making the playoffs regularly? Is that is what you call a respected, or successful NFL team? They were the laughing stock of the NFL for most of 4 decades. It has only been since 2003 they have consistently won 10 or more games every season.

Belichick joined the Pats in 2000 as HC. Brady joined the Pats in 2000 also as the 199th pick. Who knew? It's not like Brady was drafted as THE GUY. He was forced into action and just happened to shine after an injury to THE GUY (Bledsoe), so your comparison is total BS. A Belichick and a Brady come along once in a generation and there is nobody out there like them we can get.

The Texans did not get new ownership in 2002. They were a brand new franchise in 2002. The Bucs have been around since 1976. Kind of comparing apples and oranges there aren't ya?

The Saints? Holy Crap the Saints have only made the playoffs 9 times since 1967. What the hell are you bringing them up for? If anything the Saints fans suffered through decades more than the Texans fans have just to win that one SB. Nice job destroying your own argument.

I believe the biggest problem the Texans have is Kubiak. He is way too predictable in his play calling and does not make 2nd half adjustments all that well. Having said that, his system is good, and can work, but perhaps the actual OC should be calling the plays instead of Kubiak, as it is clear teams are familiar with his tendencies.

Besides what the hell does anything you said have to do with what some Texans fans did during the Rams game? You are changing the subject. Nobody cheered when Bledsoe went down so that they could see the backup (Brady) get in the game!

Those "Jackholes up on Kirby" are at least qualified to talk about players, schemes, etc. You on the other hand. Not so much. I know you think you are the worlds greatest coach coach in the universe, but the reality is, you could not hold even the worst coach or QB in the leagues jock straps.

2012Champs
10-16-2013, 02:29 PM

Patriots 1960 - 1984
W=139
L=175

1985 - 2000
W=117
L=139

So 10 playoff appearances from 1960 - 2000 is making the playoffs regularly? Is that is what you call a respected, or successful NFL team? They were the laughing stock of the NFL for most of 4 decades. It has only been since 2003 they have consistently won 10 or more games every season.

Belichick joined the Pats in 2000 as HC. Brady joined the Pats in 2000 also as the 199th pick. Who knew? It's not like Brady was drafted as THE GUY. He was forced into action and just happened to shine after an injury to THE GUY (Bledsoe), so you comparison is total BS. A Belichick and a Brady come along once in a generation and there is nobody out there like them we can get.

The Texans did not get new ownership in 2002. They were a brand new franchise in 2002. The Bucs have been around since 1976. Kind of comparing apples and oranges there aren't ya?

The Saints? Holy Crap the Saints have only made the playoffs 9 times since 1967. What the hell are you bringing them up for? If anything the Saints fans suffered through decades more than the Texans fans have just to win that one SB. Nice job destroying your own argument.

I believe the biggest problem the Texans have is Kubiak. He is way to predictable in his play calling and does not make 2nd half adjustments all that well. Having said that, his system is good, and can work, but perhaps the actual OC should be calling the plays instead of Kubiak, as it is clear teams are familiar with his tendencies.

Besides what the hell does anything you said have to do with what some Texans fans did during the Rams game? You are changing the subject. Nobody cheered when Bledsoe went down so that they could see the backup (Brady) get in the game!

Those "Jackholes up on Kirby" are at least qualified to talk about players, schemes, etc. You on the other hand. Not so much. I know you think you are the worlds greatest coach coach in the universe, but the reality is, you could not hold even the worst coach or QB in the leagues jock straps.

msr

BullNation4Life
10-16-2013, 03:17 PM

Patriots 1960-1970 (AFL) 1971 - 1984 (NFL)
W=139
L=175

1985 - 2000
W=117
L=139

Belichick joined the Pats in 2000 as HC. Brady joined the Pats in 2000 also as the 199th pick. Who knew? It's not like Brady was drafted as THE GUY. He was forced into action and just happened to shine after an injury to THE GUY (Bledsoe), so your comparison is total BS. A Belichick and a Brady come along once in a generation and there is nobody out there like them we can get.

I believe the biggest problem the Texans have is Kubiak. He is way too predictable in his play calling and does not make 2nd half adjustments all that well. Having said that, his system is good, and can work, but perhaps the actual OC should be calling the plays instead of Kubiak, as it is clear teams are familiar with his tendencies.

Your the one that brought up this BS about Tampa Bay and Patriots and not winning for a long time. What you forget your own mindless drivel? You're the one who went on some time of the month rant. Need a Midol?

It doesn't matter how long it's been, in this day and age of the NFL, anything over 5 years is too freaking long. The "League Laughing Stock" went to a Super Bowl in 1985 and 1996 BEFORE Belechick ever got there. Have the Texans? Tampa Bay Has been to a Super Bowl, Have the Texans?

Let me answer for you so you don't get your panties twisted up, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This whole thought of it takes time to build a champion is BS, for the simple fact other teams have done it sooner and faster than Gary Kubiak. It does not take 10+ years and 2 freaking appearances in the playoffs to build a championship. It takes smart coaching, and good drafting. I don't need to be qualified to speak on the subject to know this, it's common f'ing sense.

I was stating in the post why some fans were frustrated and cheering Schaub's injury, because they are tired of being feed the same BS year after year how things are gonna be different when they are not and you started talking about Tampa Bay and the Patriots, so who changed the subject?

Pull the stick out of your ass and ease the F up...

Surreal McCoy
10-16-2013, 03:23 PM

Absolutely spot on. And a massive breath of fresh air, particularly for this place. Can this post be stickied?

Double Barrel
10-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Have you ever heard someone say something like "I'm not a racist, but...."

And it is usually followed by something racist (or whatever it is the disclaimer was disclaiming).

I'm feeling that in this thread.

"I don't think you should cheer an injured player, but..."

Just say what you mean and mean what you say. Don't put some weak-ass disclaimer before your statement, like that somehow justifies the spewage that follows.

Not directed at anyone in particular. If the shoe fits, though...

Surreal McCoy
10-16-2013, 03:27 PM
It doesn't matter how long it's been, in this day and age of the NFL, anything over 5 years is too freaking long.

Oh dear, Nitrofish working folks. Hard.

Surreal McCoy
10-16-2013, 03:29 PM

And it is usually followed by something racist (or whatever it is the disclaimer was disclaiming).

Just say what you mean and mean what you say. Don't put some weak-ass disclaimer before your statement, like that somehow justifies the spewage that follows.

Excactly. It's the same logic batterers use, "Well, you need to ask yourself what you're doing to make me need to hit you."

BullNation4Life
10-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Oh dear, Nitrofish working folks. Hard.

NitroFish needs to take a Midol.

Marcus
10-16-2013, 04:06 PM

Well said DB! Well said!

I think I've lost count the number of posts in this thread that had that "I don't think you should cheer an injured player, but..." statement in it.

I'd rep ya if I could.

HOU-TEX
10-16-2013, 04:13 PM

Lol. Seeing this reminded me of when I took a written test in my drivers ed class. It was actually a booklet whee you read then answered at the end. I was in a hurry, barrowed the chicks that was next to me and copied word for word. One of her answers was Midol. I was 15 and didn't have a clue what it was, so I went with it. Thank goodness the teacher was cool. He handed my graded (passed) booklet back with a smirk.

He knew I could drive since he'd see me pull into the parking lot every day. lol

bOODRO87
10-16-2013, 04:22 PM
A football player hurts his ankle. Some cheer the player walking off. Some cheer that the backup gets a chance. Message board and Media goes nuts.

Did we get everything out? Is everyone done trying to tell others how to live their life? Jesus H. Mercy, the man is going to be fine. Let's move on.

2012Champs
10-16-2013, 04:36 PM
A football player hurts his ankle. Some cheer the player walking off. Some cheer that the backup gets a chance. Message board and Media goes nuts.

Did we get everything out? Is everyone done trying to tell others how to live their life? Jesus H. Mercy, the man is going to be fine. Let's move on.

you left off the part where some cheered when they realized he was hurt. Not when he walked off, not when the backup gets a chance. Other than being blind you didnt miss anything

Nitrofish
10-16-2013, 04:45 PM

Oooo... wow you got me there. Is Nanny Nanny Booo Booo next? Good stuff bro. I will be quiet now. lol

Spin, spin, spin, spin. Clearly you were one of those who cheered, so of course now that MOST of the rest of the NFL world is calling you out on it, of course you say it is them who is over reacting, not you right? They are all wrong and you are right. Is that about it?

you left off the part where some cheered when they realized he was hurt. Not when he walked off, not when the backup gets a chance. Other than being blind you didnt miss anything

Exactly! Well said 2012Champs.

bOODRO87
10-16-2013, 04:45 PM

Are you new to the world because you're most likely going to get offended by something. Build a fkn bridge and get over it or keep crying in the corner.

Nitro, no I wasn't there cheering. I was on my couch in Austin silenced and numb that the Texans were getting their sh*t pushed in by the Rams. I didn't even watch the 4th quarter. Nice try.

Nitrofish
10-16-2013, 04:47 PM

Are you new to the world because you're most likely going to get offended by something. Build a fkn bridge and get over it or keep crying in the corner.

Love me some Internet Tough Guys! :aggressive:

BullNation4Life
10-16-2013, 05:24 PM

Nitro, no I wasn't there cheering. I was on my couch in Austin silenced and numb that the Texans were getting their sh*t pushed in by the Rams. I didn't even watch the 4th quarter. Nice try.

Man don't even bother with that troll, If he doesn't like what you have to say, he just tries and blast you and take personal shots.

Never get into an internet argument with a 13 year old, just not worth it...

Nitrofish
10-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Man don't even bother with that troll, If he doesn't like what you have to say, he just tries and blast you and take personal shots.

Never get into an internet argument with a 13 year old, just not worth it...

People throw the word troll around like they do the word racist. Typical liberal tactics. Kind of like name calling or foul language. Like that somehow makes your point more valid.

"Don't have anything intelligent to say? No worries, just call em a troll, or say they are 13. That works every time." And you doubled down on this one dude.

What was this thread about again?

Double Barrel
10-16-2013, 05:59 PM

yeah, J.J. Watt just needs to grow a pair....right? :rolleyes:

J.J. Watt said those who approved of Schaub’s pain are leading a backward life.

You weren't there and OUR players that were there came out with very strongly worded statements of disgust.

This clearly was not "cheer the player walking off. Some cheer that the backup gets a chance" according to OUR players.

2012Champs
10-16-2013, 06:05 PM

I'd say its more likely you need to check into the Shriners hospital

bOODRO87
10-16-2013, 06:11 PM
What i meant is that some people cheered that Matt was walking off the field as in, yes, they did cheer because he was taken out. But also that some people cheered for TJ because, frankly, Matt has been awful the past 10 games. I didn't or wouldn't cheer for injury but I'm not going to flip the F out like some of you because this is a violent sport. These players know what they are signing up for. I also know there's crappy people out there that you can't control or silence. So I guess that only leaves that you get over it and move on.

2012Champs
10-16-2013, 06:13 PM
What i meant is that some people cheered that Matt was walking off the field as in, yes, they did cheer because he was taken out. But also that some people cheered for TJ because, frankly, Matt has been awful the past 10 games. I didn't or wouldn't cheer for injury but I'm not going to flip the F out like some of you because this is a violent sport. These players know what they are signing up for. I also know there's crappy people out there that you can't control or silence. So I guess that only leaves that you get over it and move on.

Or you can get over the fact it bothers some people that another group cheered an injury. Sometimes a mirror is the best medicine

bOODRO87
10-16-2013, 06:29 PM
Or you can get over the fact it bothers some people that another group cheered an injury. Sometimes a mirror is the best medicine

I look forward to seeing you change all of the Texan fans who cheered. Let me know how that goes, Barack.

2012Champs
10-16-2013, 06:39 PM
I look forward to seeing you change all of the Texan fans who cheered. Let me know how that goes, Barack.

There has been no such attempt. Keep making up stuff if that makes you feel better

chicagotexan2
10-16-2013, 08:09 PM
Is someone gonna lay healing hands on schaubs ankle? In sure there will be a few healers at the next Schaub rally. Actually I hope the gut doesn't play against kc because he will get pummeled.

BullNation4Life
10-17-2013, 07:34 AM
I'd say its more likely you need to check into the Shriners hospital

Oh ok well I'll take a page out of your book with my response...

I know you are but what am I?

Get over yourself, Shriners Hospital...

:rolleyes:

Now where is that ignore button, oh here it is...

SHUT YOU DOWN!

2012Champs
10-17-2013, 07:46 AM
Oh ok well I'll take a page out of your book with my response...

I know you are but what am I?

Get over yourself, Shriners Hospital...

:rolleyes:

Now where is that ignore button, oh here it is...

SHUT YOU DOWN!

and you were the one who brought up midol? :clap:

DBCooper
10-17-2013, 08:19 AM
bOODRO87

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/376/229/902.jpg

steelbtexan
10-17-2013, 08:45 AM
You two should find another team

So BoB should't feel the heat when his team goes in the crapper, due to his lack of hiring accumen on the football side of the operation. You seem to be OK with what's been going on over on Kirby for the last 11 yrs. I'm not, so we will have to agree to disagree. You're right it's BoB's team and he's going to run it to make it as profitable as possible. I'm sure he appreciates fans like you more than me. But make no mistake more than anything he appreciates both of our $$$$.

I will be cheering for the HOUSTON TEXANS as long as they exist so just keep your opinions to yourself. I will be cheering for the team long after Rick/Gary/hopefully BoB are gone. (Lord willing)

DBCooper
10-17-2013, 08:46 AM

I'm not one to pass judgement, but there are a lot of freakin morons on this board lately.

ChampionTexan
10-17-2013, 08:49 AM
It doesn't matter how long it's been, in this day and age of the NFL, anything over 5 years is too freaking long.

Uhmm...this is kind of contradictory. Just sayin'.

steelbtexan
10-17-2013, 08:55 AM
It is pathetic I agree

I couldnt care less what happend or happens in KC

Cheering injury does not show that you care

So instead make some noise when one of your players goes down? Classy my friends real classy

Have you become the new Morality police?

This is what happens when management promises a SB contender and the team stinks. The HC/QB take the brunt of the fans angst. You may not like it, but that's the way fandom has been since the begining of football. BTW, I didn't/dont cheer Schaub getting hurt.

bOODRO87
10-17-2013, 09:30 AM
bOODRO87

Haha. Well done, sir. I will rebuttal you with this.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/thumbnail_570x321/2012/04/dawson_crying.jpg

2012Champs
10-17-2013, 09:35 AM
So BoB should't feel the heat when his team goes in the crapper, due to his lack of hiring accumen on the football side of the operation. You seem to be OK with what's been going on over on Kirby for the last 11 yrs. I'm not, so we will have to agree to disagree. You're right it's BoB's team and he's going to run it to make it as profitable as possible. I'm sure he appreciates fans like you more than me. But make no mistake more than anything he appreciates both of our $$$$.

I will be cheering for the HOUSTON TEXANS as long as they exist so just keep your opinions to yourself. I will be cheering for the team long after Rick/Gary/hopefully BoB are gone. (Lord willing)

Football isnt my life so maybe some of you take this personal and I dont. I would love nothing more than for the Texans to be great but if their year turns to **** I am a little dissapointed and move on. You are free to express your opinion just as I am

2012Champs
10-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Have you become the new Morality police?

This is what happens when management promises a SB contender and the team stinks. The HC/QB take the brunt of the fans angst. You may not like it, but that's the way fandom has been since the begining of football. BTW, I didn't/dont cheer Schaub getting hurt.

Morality police? No. Expressing that I think certain behavior is disgusting? Sure

When you accept a promise that is not realistic and not really controllable well then you were duped from the start

BullNation4Life
10-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Uhmm...this is kind of contradictory. Just sayin'.

Yeah that probably should have been thought out more. Was in a hurry. What I meant to say is that in this day and age of the NFL, it should not take more than 3-5 years to build a legit Super Bowl contender, not 10-15 years like some teams have had to do. there have been plenty of teams that have been turned around in 1-2 years when the organization got the right coach and the right players.

It has been 8+ years now with the same coach and the FO have now gotten their good players and yet nothing has been accomplished like the other teams and it sucks to watch those teams do it year in and year out and for fans of the Texans looking at the draft in November...

2012Champs
10-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Yeah that probably should have been thought out more. Was in a hurry. What I meant to say is that in this day and age of the NFL, it should not take more than 3-5 years to build a legit Super Bowl contender, not 10-15 years like some teams have had to do. there have been plenty of teams that have been turned around in 1-2 years when the organization got the right coach and the right players.

It has been 8+ years now with the same coach and the FO have now gotten their good players and yet nothing has been accomplished like the other teams and it sucks to watch those teams do it year in and year out and for fans of the Texans looking at the draft in November...

What is a "super bowl contender" in your opinon?

HTown2ATX
10-17-2013, 09:49 AM
:popcorn:

steelbtexan
10-17-2013, 10:11 AM
Football isnt my life so maybe some of you take this personal and I dont. I would love nothing more than for the Texans to be great but if their year turns to **** I am a little dissapointed and move on. You are free to express your opinion just as I am

Nor is football my life.

I just expect the football I root for to quit trying to blow the we are SB contenders up my a**.

I'm already moving on to next yr and looking at the draft. You should check out the draft section. Because if Keenum doesn't come in and pull off a Brady this season is done. If that makes me a bad fan who YOU think needs to root for another team, then so be it.

I will continue to do what I've always done. Cheer for the Texans when I feel it's appopriate and call out management when I deem it necessary.

Thorn
10-17-2013, 10:17 AM
I can't believe so many people are butthurt over this.

Are some Texan fans *******s? Yes.

Are some fans of any NFL team *******s? Yes

In general, a certain percentage of the human race are *******s no matter the topic of conversation. Get over it. There are more important things to be concerned with than some dumb ass fans.

edit: FYI, the asterisks are for a$$holes

bOODRO87
10-17-2013, 10:20 AM

Are some Texan fans *******s? Yes.

Are some fans of any NFL team *******s? Yes

In general, a certain percentage of the human race are *******s no matter the topic of conversation. Get over it. There are more important things to be concerned with than some dumb ass fans.

edit: FYI, the asterisks are for a$$holes

:goodpost: Rep'd if I could.

dream_team
10-17-2013, 10:52 AM

Well there's your expectations, then there's reality. Go down the list of teams in the NFL. Majority of them haven't been considered a legit superbowl contender in the past 5 years.

DBCooper
10-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Haha. Well done, sir. I will rebuttal you with this.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/191ojucjbn6a0jpg/ku-bigpic.jpg

Double Barrel
10-17-2013, 03:16 PM

You mean, like our players?

It's one thread, man.

There's not really anything to "get over" (for me, at least). It's really just calling out dumbasses for being dumbasses. No different that any other thread in that regard, TBH.

Thorn
10-17-2013, 03:31 PM
You mean, like our players?

It's one thread, man.

There's not really anything to "get over" (for me, at least). It's really just calling out dumbasses for being dumbasses. No different that any other thread in that regard, TBH.

I think the players know how fickle the fans are, but I admit cheering an injured person probably took a lot of us by surprise. Also, yeah, it was a horrible thing to do. I just think it was overblown by the media and some here is all.

Winning will cure all ill feelings, continued losing will bring out the worst in most of us. That's pretty universal.

DBCooper
10-17-2013, 03:34 PM
I think the players know how fickle the fans are, but I admit cheering an injured person probably took a lot of us by surprise. Also, yeah, it was a horrible thing to do. I just think it was overblown by the media and some here is all.

Winning will cure all ill feelings, continued losing will bring out the worst in most of us. That's pretty universal.

Our own fans cheering one of our players getting hurt pi$$ed me off as bad as you without prune juice for a week!

Thorn
10-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Our own fans cheering one of our players getting hurt pi$$ed me off as bad as you without prune juice for a week!

I sure you meant my grape juice, because I don't drink prune juice.

DBCooper
10-17-2013, 03:37 PM
I sure you meant my grape juice, because I don't drink prune juice.

Yeah, yeah, that's what I meant!

Double Barrel
10-17-2013, 03:41 PM

I agree completely. While I was a bit disappointed, I was not shocked in this day and age.

The media always blows crap out of proportion. When you read what really happened in Philly with Santa Claus, it is pretty much the same thing. The team was losing bad, a promised halftime show was cancelled, and some dude decided to dress in a bad Santa costume and go on the field. All it took was a few drunk dudes to make the entire city live with that for decades.

I just hate hearing our players say stuff in interviews that they are still chatting about it in the locker room and having doubts about our fanbase. Vandamere was talking about it last night and said it really bummed some of our players out. And that's a shame.

Just like in real life, the actions of a small group of morons ruin it for everyone else.

Vinny
10-17-2013, 06:38 PM
I just hate hearing our players say stuff in interviews that they are still chatting about it in the locker room and having doubts about our fanbase. Vandamere was talking about it last night and said it really bummed some of our players out. And that's a shame.

depressing that those "tough guys" are so thin skinned. Perhaps we are a little too sensitive up there at Reliant park.

Honoring Earl 34
10-17-2013, 09:04 PM
I agree completely. While I was a bit disappointed, I was not shocked in this day and age.

The media always blows crap out of proportion. When you read what really happened in Philly with Santa Claus, it is pretty much the same thing. The team was losing bad, a promised halftime show was cancelled, and some dude decided to dress in a bad Santa costume and go on the field. All it took was a few drunk dudes to make the entire city live with that for decades.

Just like in real life, the actions of a small group of morons ruin it for everyone else.

depressing that those "tough guys" are so thin skinned. Perhaps we are a little too sensitive up there at Reliant park.

New sponsor .

http://www.babiestravellite.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/Juicy_Juice_Berry_lg.jpg

Double Barrel
10-18-2013, 10:38 AM

Do you honestly think the tough guys with historic teams would even tolerate their fans cheering an injury to their own player without saying a word about it?

In our PC-infested soundbite culture, players have to bite their tongues now because of marketing and corporate concerns that someone could get offended.

A guy like Mean Joe would have told the fans to go screw themselves for such dishonorable behavior. You know this is true, but he never had to worry about it because true fans don't cheer their own getting hurt.

It's just basic good sportsmanship, man. Not like that quality has any value or place in today's culture.

But you're probably right. Today's players need to let go of the "hometown" perspective and just accept that they are nothing more than mercenaries to the franchises and football fans. Once they no longer have any value to the team, they are as disposable as the overpriced 3D 'souvenir' cups.

Vinny
10-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Do you honestly think the tough guys with historic teams would even tolerate their fans cheering an injury to their own player without saying a word about it?

In our PC-infested soundbite culture, players have to bite their tongues now because of marketing and corporate concerns that someone could get offended.

A guy like Mean Joe would have told the fans to go screw themselves for such dishonorable behavior. You know this is true, but he never had to worry about it because true fans don't cheer their own getting hurt.

It's just basic good sportsmanship, man. Not like that quality has any value or place in today's culture.

But you're probably right. Today's players need to let go of the "hometown" perspective and just accept that they are nothing more than mercenaries to the franchises and football fans. Once they no longer have any value to the team, they are as disposable as the overpriced 3D 'souvenir' cups.
These guys say awful, awful things about each other on the field. Just shut up and play. These guys are well paid entertainers who say as ugly or uglier things to each other every Sunday.

:) not directed at you

2012Champs
10-18-2013, 01:04 PM
These guys say awful, awful things about each other on the field. Just shut up and play. These guys are well paid entertainers who say as ugly or uglier things to each other every Sunday.

:) not directed at you

Im sure you can see the difference between players talking smack and fans cheering injury right?

Further how often do you see opposing players cheer when its clear someone is hurt?

Vinny
10-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Im sure you can see the difference between players talking smack and fans cheering injury right?

Further how often do you see opposing players cheer when its clear someone is hurt?
I understand the initial reaction but lets not whine endlessly about something that happens everywhere. The peer pressure has been laid down...let's not dwell on it and give the Nation the wrong impression about the fans. How about that? Let's respect the good fans and stop giving the idiots so much run. The VAST majority of fans are decent folks, but everyone in the Nation keeps getting this broken record that really isn't reflective of the majority of the fan base. Say your peace, then man up and stop whining....which is what they have done for the most part. Most of the banter (right now) comes from the media milking this. That's what I'm thinking in a nutshell.

Thorn
10-18-2013, 01:42 PM
I understand the initial reaction but lets not whine endlessly about something that happens everywhere. The peer pressure has been laid down...let's not dwell on it and give the Nation the wrong impression about the fans. How about that? Let's respect the good fans and stop giving the idiots so much run. The VAST majority of fans are decent folks, but everyone in the Nation keeps getting this broken record that really isn't reflective of the majority of the fan base. Say your peace, then man up and stop whining....which is what they have done for the most part. Most of the banter (right now) comes from the media milking this. That's what I'm thinking in a nutshell.

This

Double Barrel
10-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Most of the banter (right now) comes from the media milking this.

yep. Unfortunately, we will hear about this for far longer than we should due to that incessant media whine.

This was our Santa Claus moment. :overreact:

Honoring Earl 34
10-18-2013, 02:29 PM

The Texans fans are mad because the Texans take a long long time to react to issues . This causes them to go south of civility when someone gets hurt or continues the bad play . Still you can't condone their actions .

I stopped watching before he was hurt so I didn't see fans cheer or boo when he was hurt . That's my protest , I don't go and I stopped watching , after my last wing of course .

I'm not paying for an album I bought last year . I don't want the new double live with the same songs as last years double live . This was all predictable . :overreact:

Lord Bills
10-18-2013, 09:04 PM
i think the more classless move was trying to deflect blame and attention away from the loss to frustrated fanbase that continually sells out reliant yet have only been rewarded two first round playoff victories.

Fans werent really cheering that he got hurt but that a change might be seen with the QB.

gafftop
10-19-2013, 06:55 PM
i think the more classless move was trying to deflect blame and attention away from the loss to frustrated fanbase that continually sells out reliant yet have only been rewarded two first round playoff victories.

Fans werent really cheering that he got hurt but that a change might be seen with the QB.

Could not agree more.

Many of us are the same fans that gave Luv You Blue the reception after a LOSS.

We saw and knew MS was MS and with him there was no HOPE.

I think the cheers would be louder this week when Case took the field if we were at home. We are just elated that a change is FINALLY being made.

I am still pissed that we gave him a big contract. The whole FO needs to go. We live in Cap Hell because of decisions like this.