PDA

View Full Version : So...who needs to be cut next year?

Mr teX
10-13-2013, 07:04 PM
It goes without saying Schaub is #1 on everyone's list and i dont disagree...but with the way this team is playing obviously there's more. So who else after him?

Please exclude coaches.... But Here's my list:

Keyshawn martin-sucks on ST, non factor on offense

Derek newton-dude is a turnstile and a penalty machine

Brice mccain- been a liabilty for years just hasnt been exposed recently b/c teams havent needed to.

Randy bullock- wildly inconsistent

Lestar Jean-see keyshawn martin

Daryl sharpton- he's been drawing a nice paycheck for years and has done next to nothing for 3 years

i'm on the fence about Wade Smith, Joe Mays, Ed Reed/ daniel Manning and OD...largely b/c these guys are at least making plays every now and then...even though they may not be worth what we're paying them. Ed Reed in particular, im just not seeing him do much of anything out there, but its hard to say if its a function of scheme or him just not having it anymore.

SchaubApologist
10-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Schaub, Daniels, Wade Smith, Reed, JJo OR Manning, Newton, Bullock.

Goatcheese
10-13-2013, 07:27 PM
It's difficult to thin down to a reasonable length list at this point. Basically, everyone except Watt, Johnson and Cushing have looked downright bad for significant stretches of this season.

Foster is at the top of my list. I always felt giving him that huge payday when he was a RFA was a big mistake. We could have kept the O-line with that money. Anybody could run behind those dudes and look good. Now, he flashes what everyone expected him to be maybe 5-6 times a game and nose dives into the nearest defender for the rest.

EllisUnit
10-13-2013, 07:35 PM
It's difficult to thin down to a reasonable length list at this point. Basically, everyone except Watt, Johnson and Cushing have looked downright bad for significant stretches of this season.

Foster is at the top of my list. I always felt giving him that huge payday when he was a RFA was a big mistake. We could have kept the O-line with that money. Anybody could run behind those dudes and look good. Now, he flashes what everyone expected him to be maybe 5-6 times a game and nose dives into the nearest defender for the rest.

foster 20 carries 141 yards 7.1 ypc

tate 10 carries 12 yards 1.2 ypc

Foster did look rough to start the year, we all knew he was not 100% healthy, last week is when he looked like himself, running for 98 yards against SF at SF even though we were getting blown out. Foster when healthy is among one of the best in the NFL. He deserved his pay day and is still continuing to earn it IMO.

On the other hand Schaub did not earn his nor is he playing to earn it now.

SheTexan
10-13-2013, 07:35 PM
99% of our Texan fan base!! OH how I wish!!

SchaubApologist
10-13-2013, 07:48 PM
99% of our Texan fan base!! OH how I wish!!

were you the one holding the sign: "we have no schaublems"?

yea... that was you.

move along.

EllisUnit
10-13-2013, 07:52 PM

yea... that was you.

move along.

wow now pretty sure she is talking about those cheering for Schaub as he got hurt which i agree with her. I feed my family through my job just like Schaub does.

And as far as her moving along she is fine right where she is and has been for years, you would be the one moving along !

PHILLYTEXANFAN
10-13-2013, 07:57 PM
I say cut Rick Smith. Why you ask? While he has drafted fairly descent at drafting, there are alot of Bad contracts on this team. Schaubs being the first, but Id go with Manning, Reed, And JJo as well because they are WAY overpaid in my eyes.

SchaubApologist
10-13-2013, 07:59 PM
wow now pretty sure she is talking about those cheering for Schaub as he got hurt which i agree with her. I feed my family through my job just like Schaub does.

And as far as her moving along she is fine right where she is and has been for years, you would be the one moving along !

haha thanks for clearing that up... Einstein.

i am quite sure 99% of the fans were not cheering when schaub went down with a sprained ankie.

lol at "I feed my family through my job just like Schaub does." ... We all feed our families through our jobs ya turkey. WTF does that even mean.

Wolf
10-13-2013, 08:03 PM
If you want to get technical not every family feeds their families through jobs ..but that is for the NSZ

:kitten:

SheTexan
10-13-2013, 08:07 PM

yea... that was you.

move along.

I've stayed off this board because of "fans" like you! I was at the game, in the Bullpen, where I've been every game since 2002! YES, FANS DID CHEER WHEN MATT GOT HURT!! Classless, just like you!! I don't care if he JUST rolled his ankle or hurt his little pinky!! If a player gets injured in any way a CLASSY, respectful fan WILL NOT CHEER!!! We are no better than Cowboy or Eagle fans, and if you're proud of that status then PLEASE jump off the wagon and jump back on one of theirs. You definitely have their mentality!!

SchaubApologist
10-13-2013, 08:11 PM
I've stayed off this board because of "fans" like you! I was at the game, in the Bullpen, where I've been every game since 2002! YES, FANS DID CHEER WHEN MATT GOT HURT!! Classless, just like you!! I don't care if he JUST rolled his ankle or hurt his little pinky!! If a player gets injured in any way a CLASSY, respectful fan WILL NOT CHEER!!! We are no better than Cowboy or Eagle fans, and if you're proud of that status then PLEASE jump off the wagon and jump back on one of theirs. You definitely have their mentality!!

No one is disputing that fans cheered when Schaub got hurt.

You claimed 99% was cheering, thus almost the entire stadium.

Your estimation is egregious and reckless.

I am a real fan. I want my team to win the superbowl. BUT, i am a realist.

Here is bender, although you probably have no idea who he is. :bender:

edwardc5637
10-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Plain and simple Kubiak.

PHILLYTEXANFAN
10-13-2013, 08:14 PM

^^^^This rules!!!

Wolf
10-13-2013, 08:23 PM

And you are assuming when she said 99% of the fan base need to be cut she is talking about the ones cheering and not ones posting also

Try to take a chill pill

SheTexan
10-13-2013, 08:26 PM

Hummmm, just WHERE did I post that 99% were cheering?? I don't have to defend myself against something I did not say! Yes, fans cheered when Matt got hurt, thats not good sportsmanship! 99% of our fan base are nothing but band wagon fans who got on board when we were winning. Now that we're obviously NOT doing that, they can't take the heat. GO THE HELL away and leave the rest of us, as YOU say, REAL fans alone. I have no idea what YOUR description of REAL fan is, but, I have a feeling it's different than mine!

SchaubApologist
10-13-2013, 08:30 PM
And you are assuming when she said 99% of the fan base need to be cut she is talking about the ones cheering and not ones posting also

Try to take a chill pill

You're saying that the number of texans fans who cheered when Schaub got hurt + the number of fans posting on forums that were happy about it = 99% of the texans fan base?

Wowow!

If that's true, Schaub's approval rating cannot get any worse!

SchaubApologist
10-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Hummmm, just WHERE did I post that 99% were cheering?? I don't have to defend myself against something I did not say! Yes, fans cheered when Matt got hurt, thats not good sportsmanship! 99% of our fan base are nothing but band wagon fans who got on board when we were winning. Now that we're obviously NOT doing that, they can't take the heat. GO THE HELL away and leave the rest of us, as YOU say, REAL fans alone. I have no idea what YOUR description of REAL fan is, but, I have a feeling it's different than mine!

Attacking the fans is not a good idea.

Anywho, you said that you want to cut: "99% of our Texan fan base!! OH how I wish!!"

Chill out.

Runner
10-13-2013, 08:43 PM
As far as who needs to be cut next year - replace the coaching staff and let the new coaches decide. Some players' values will change based on the new system and on who is doing the evaluating.

hradhak
10-13-2013, 08:49 PM
I think you need to get a lot of the players more playing time. We need to see how the team looks. I am not convinced that we have a FS. Ed Reed should 1 and done. Keo is a backup at best.

Sharpton is passable, Mays is JAG.

To me Newton is the only sure cut.

Goatcheese
10-13-2013, 08:55 PM
foster 20 carries 141 yards 7.1 ypc

tate 10 carries 12 yards 1.2 ypc

Foster did look rough to start the year, we all knew he was not 100% healthy, last week is when he looked like himself, running for 98 yards against SF at SF even though we were getting blown out. Foster when healthy is among one of the best in the NFL. He deserved his pay day and is still continuing to earn it IMO.

On the other hand Schaub did not earn his nor is he playing to earn it now.

I don't make knee jerk decisions. One game does not change what Foster has been for the last year; a 4 ypc back making almost $9 million a year.

Wolf
10-13-2013, 08:57 PM
You're saying that the number of texans fans who cheered when Schaub got hurt + the number of fans posting on forums that were happy about it = 99% of the texans fan base?

Wowow!

If that's true, Schaub's approval rating cannot get any worse!

R.I.F.

No. You are the one saying people were cheering..

She just wishes 99 percent of fans need to be cut(could be cheering,could be the fans attitudes,could be something else)

Anyway it was a given in my mind that 99% percent is an exaggeration. But I guess you seem to have a hard time grasping that concept.

If she would have had said 62% then I'm sure you'd want to see the stats on that.

Anyway carry on.

Mr teX
10-13-2013, 09:05 PM
As far as who needs to be cut next year - replace the coaching staff and let the new coaches decide. Some players' values will change based on the new system and on who is doing the evaluating.

Ehh, all the guys that i named, i don't think their value changes too much to where the new coaching staff feels the need to keep them around. The only person i see that happening with is OD.....& even then, i think he'll need to restructure and take a pay cut to make that happen....he's just not worth 6 mil per year and im not sure he ever was.

Wolf
10-13-2013, 09:16 PM
I am not sure who willbe available in the draft of in FA

But for our starting QB to not be able to get the ball in the endzone with Foster,AJ, Daniels(when healthy),is just unexcusable

When was the last time we saw a fade route? Back shoulder throw?

Why are we not able to do that? schaub's arm strength?

Anyone scout Kirk Cousins of the red skins? (brain storming here on who might be available)

Norg
10-13-2013, 09:20 PM
well u really cant tell cause u don't know how the other half of the season will go right now but based on right now u gotta gut your offensive and SPecial Teams and I guess ask if Wade wants to be a head coach

so time 4 da CUT FEST LOL !!!!

KUBES

JOE MARCEINO

***** JOEE MRCEINO !!!!!! *****

all the offensive coaches and ST coaches some of the Front office

I say CUT GM RICK SMITH since heck the came in has a package with KUBES

u gotta clean house and start Fresh IMO

Matt Schaub
TJ yates
Greg jones
ANdre Johnson
Posey
Martin
Lestar jean
Owen Daniles
Gardener
Harris
Chris myers
Wade smith
Cody white

most of the ST players and Randy Bullock

Playoffs
10-13-2013, 09:25 PM
well u really cant tell cause u don't know how the other half of the season will go right now but based on right now u gotta gut your offensive and SPecial Teams and I guess ask if Wade wants to be a head coach

so time 4 da CUT FEST LOL !!!!

KUBES

JOE MARCEINO

***** JOEE MRCEINO !!!!!! *****

all the offensive coaches and ST coaches some of the Front office

I say CUT GM RICK SMITH since heck the came in has a package with KUBES

u gotta clean house and start Fresh IMO

Matt Schaub
TJ yates
Greg jones
ANdre Johnson
Posey
Martin
Lestar jean
Owen Daniles
Gardener
Harris
Chris myers
Wade smith
Cody white

most of the ST players and Randy Bullock

We'll need to have half our team play both offense & defense. And I'm not too confident in Coach McNair. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/Soizic22/a%20smilie/laugh-1.gif

Norg
10-13-2013, 09:28 PM
We'll need to have half our team play both offense & defense. And I'm not too confident in Coach McNair. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/Soizic22/a%20smilie/laugh-1.gif

naaa its easy U get new players to replace them DUHHHH

look at what the colts did they hit the reset button on a lot of there players and got new players and new coaches and went 10-6 .... so yeah

a lot of teams do this

burro
10-13-2013, 10:03 PM
OD - IIRC, he has two years left on $22 million dollar contract, is 30 years old and has missed 20 games in the last 5 seasons. Not worth it.

Derek Newton - it's official, Eric Winston is missed.

JJo - $48.75 million, with $23.5 million guaranteed. For what? Some very half-hearted CB play that we could have got for 1/20 of the money. GTFO!

Bullock - Obvious reasons.

Ed Reed - Stupid PR signing in the first place.

Keyshawn Martin - bad hands, bad feet, bad everything.

That's a start.

NastyNate
10-14-2013, 01:19 AM
Derek Newton
Wade Smith
Keyshawn Martin
Ed Reed
Brooks Reed
Sharpton
Brice McCain
Schaub
Yates
OD

WolverineFan
10-14-2013, 01:46 AM
These are our Free Agent's next year...

RB - Ben Tate
FB - Greg Jones
WR - Lestar Jean (RFA)
TE - Garrett Graham
OT - Ryan Harris
OT - Andrew Gardner
OG - Wade Smith
DE - Antonio Smith
DT - Earl Mitchell
DT - Terrell McClain (RFA)
OLB - Bryan Braman (RFA)
ILB - Joe Mays
ILB - Daryl Sharpton
ILB - Tim Dobbins

Only guys I even entertain coming back are Graham, Harris, Ninja, Mitchell, and Braman. Won't even list Tate because he'll be chasing money.

Texanmike02
10-14-2013, 01:56 AM
Attacking the fans is not a good idea.

Anywho, you said that you want to cut: "99% of our Texan fan base!! OH how I wish!!"

Chill out.

Oh look, Cowboy fan is back. What a shock.

Mike

bhsman
10-14-2013, 04:02 AM
In no way should Rick Smith be on anyone's cut list, for the record.

EllisUnit
10-14-2013, 04:13 AM
haha thanks for clearing that up... Einstein.

i am quite sure 99% of the fans were not cheering when schaub went down with a sprained ankie.

lol at "I feed my family through my job just like Schaub does." ... We all feed our families through our jobs ya turkey. WTF does that even mean.

Do you really need me to explain it to you ? I guess i should of known, zoom zoom tickle tickle, goochy goochy goo. There i put it in terms you can understand

TexanBacker93
10-14-2013, 10:12 AM
I'm not suggesting anyone get cut, but if there is a coaching change the line might need to be overhauled. Well, not necessarily overhauled, but the next coach might not be a zone blocking guy and not everyone is cut out for other schemes (you could argue that some of ours aren't cut out for any scheme).

Besides, as the league continues to adapt the blocking rules and will probably outlaw cut blocks that will have to change our scheme anyways.

As for cutting Rick Smith because of Schaub's bad contract, I was under the impression that it was written to give us a cheap out after this season. We might have been up against the cap this year, but I'm more concerned with 2 seasons from now when we've got JJ to re-sign. Going into this season this team (on paper) looked to be a top 5 Super Bowl caliber team. One of the big weaknesses was getting beat by the deep ball and we brought in a championship caliber safety to help that. It has, too. We aren't getting beat deep. Teams are finding other ways to beat us. We also needed to get to the QB with people not named Watt. We drafted 2 OLBs. We were getting Cushing back. We didn't come into this season thinking there were a lot of glaring issues. Nobody could foresee Schaub's problems. Or the turnover issues across the board.

The team isn't 2-4 because of Rick Smith's cap management. We're 2-4 because we're predictable. The talent is there. The utilization of the talent is not.

Mr teX
10-14-2013, 10:22 AM
I'm not suggesting anyone get cut, but if there is a coaching change the line might need to be overhauled. Well, not necessarily overhauled, but the next coach might not be a zone blocking guy and not everyone is cut out for other schemes (you could argue that some of ours aren't cut out for any scheme).

Besides, as the league continues to adapt the blocking rules and will probably outlaw cut blocks that will have to change our scheme anyways.

As for cutting Rick Smith because of Schaub's bad contract, I was under the impression that it was written to give us a cheap out after this season. We might have been up against the cap this year, but I'm more concerned with 2 seasons from now when we've got JJ to re-sign. Going into this season this team (on paper) looked to be a top 5 Super Bowl caliber team. One of the big weaknesses was getting beat by the deep ball and we brought in a championship caliber safety to help that. It has, too. We aren't getting beat deep. Teams are finding other ways to beat us. We also needed to get to the QB with people not named Watt. We drafted 2 OLBs. We were getting Cushing back. We didn't come into this season thinking there were a lot of glaring issues. Nobody could foresee Schaub's problems. Or the turnover issues across the board.

The team isn't 2-4 because of Rick Smith's cap management. We're 2-4 because we're predictable. The talent is there. The utilization of the talent is not.

Let some in here tell it, they saw it the minute he put on a Texans uni. the extension he got certainly could've been prevented, but prior to that, Schaub played well for this team. The issues that are about to effectively end his tenure here didn't really show up until late last year.

ubecool454
10-14-2013, 10:24 AM
It goes without saying Schaub is #1 on everyone's list and i dont disagree...but with the way this team is playing obviously there's more. So who else after him?

Brice mccain- been a liabilty for years just hasnt been exposed recently b/c teams havent needed to.

Daryl sharpton- he's been drawing a nice paycheck for years and has done next to nothing for 3 years

i'm on the fence about Wade Smith, Joe Mays, Ed Reed/ daniel Manning and OD...largely b/c these guys are at least making plays every now and then...even though they may not be worth what we're paying them. Ed Reed in particular, im just not seeing him do much of anything out there, but its hard to say if its a function of scheme or him just not having it anymore.

I agree with you on all of the above except Kmart. I just don't think they are using him right. I think he is trying to hard to not make a mistake because Kubiak keeps some of these guys uptight instead of letting them play loose.

ubecool454
10-14-2013, 10:28 AM

SheTexan yes "some" did cheer but it was very few and it wasn't loud like when they score a TD. Those were the drunk fans that burned the Jersey that was cheering haha

Norg
10-14-2013, 12:48 PM
NO CUT RICK SMITH if this season does not turn around

He has made a prethla of errors since being here IMO and never did nothing till wade got here

re singing Matt and Getting ED Reed and greg jones is reason enough to cut him

texanhead08
10-14-2013, 01:33 PM
We need to get our cap situation in order and if making some hard cuts fixes it so be it. Its an absolute joke that 3yrs running we are losing key players because we are up against the cap and are unable to sign them.

Mr teX
10-14-2013, 02:23 PM
I agree with you on all of the above except Kmart. I just don't think they are using him right. I think he is trying to hard to not make a mistake because Kubiak keeps some of these guys uptight instead of letting them play loose.

I'm sick of that dude...continuously bringing the ball out 7 yds deep in the end zone & not making it to the 20...

stone hands on offense....& this is with a noodle-armed qb throwing to him

plus, i think he's taking snaps away from Devier Posey who has at least has flashed.

htowntexans1985
10-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Bryan braman gotta pack up as well. Has he even made a tackle on special teams? That's his only job and he can't seem to do that.

HOU-TEX
10-14-2013, 02:54 PM
These are our Free Agent's next year...

RB - Ben Tate
FB - Greg Jones
WR - Lestar Jean (RFA)
TE - Garrett Graham
OT - Ryan Harris
OT - Andrew Gardner
OG - Wade Smith
DE - Antonio Smith
DT - Earl Mitchell
DT - Terrell McClain (RFA)
OLB - Bryan Braman (RFA)
ILB - Joe Mays
ILB - Daryl Sharpton
ILB - Tim Dobbins

Only guys I even entertain coming back are Graham, Harris, Ninja, Mitchell, and Braman. Won't even list Tate because he'll be chasing money.

Agree with mostly all. The exceptions being Mitchell and Braman. Mitchell was a preseason hero to start the season and has gone missing. Braman's been a joke for a while now. Good story, but he's hurting the team now. His ST's play has been horrible and he can't play defense.

Hervoyel
10-14-2013, 03:20 PM

I'm in agreement with you on the guys you listed. Keyshawn Martin is worthless as is Lestar Jean. Both are practice/preseason warriors who tease you with flashes of what they could do but disappear on gameday.

Derrick Newton is indeed a train wreck back there and not getting any better as time goes by. It's time to end this extended tryout and find someone else. He's a physical specimen who simply just doesn't have it between the ears to start at this level.

Bullock didn't work out. It's over. Kubiak needs to just admit it and go sign one of the half-dozen better kickers currently looking for work out there. This is not rocket science Gary. Fix this **** now.

McCain is a liability I think because we feel like we must always reserve one position in the secondary for a guy that's damn near playing for the other team. It's called the "Petey Faggins Memorial Charity Position" and Brice McCain is the current recipient. Think of it like a NFL roster spot/grant for talent-challenged secondary players. We need to end that program.

Ed Reed needs to be sent packing. It hasn't worked out and in fact it has kind of jacked up our chemistry in the secondary I believe. Send the old man home, thank him for his effort (try not to smirk while doing it) and lets get started on breaking in DJ Swearinger. I'm completely at a loss as to why we didn't offer Glover Quinn a contract. It's not like I didn't feel he could be upgraded but it's not like he cost that much to keep. The Lions got him for a relative bargain.

I sometimes find myself saying "Sharpton is still here?" and shaking my head. He should have been gone years ago but he still hangs in there. Reminds me of.... well a lot of former Texans. It isn't always injuries but it always seems like there's a few players on this team that are 1-2 years past their expiration date. Sharpton used to play well in the brief intervals between injuries. Now he just sucks all the time.

Frankly it's easy to go down the roster and find names of guys who need to be sent packing. What's going to be challenging is managing the fallout from their contracts. What we need right now is to get a handful of free agent signings and at least one draft, preferably two very, very right. We have been sending good players packing over contracts that weren't even that tough to meet and then replacing them with players who in many cases aren't as good but who earn almost as much money. It's crazy. I think Rick Smith is a very good talent guy. I just think he's **** when it comes to dealing with the numbers. Get that man some accounting help or something.

Honoring Earl 34
10-14-2013, 03:41 PM
My team next year .

Offense
LWR 80 JOHNSON, ANDRE
RWR 10 Hopkins, DeAndre 11 Posey, DeVier
LT 76 Brown, Duane
LG Gabe Jackson, G 2nd pick
C 55 MYERS, CHRIS
RG 79 Brooks, Brandon
RT Brennan Williams
TE 88 Graham, Garrett
QB Tajh Boyd 1st rd pick 7 Keenum, Case
FB J.C. Copeland,
RB 23 Foster, Arian 41 Wood, Cierre

Defense
LDE Watt, JJ
DT Earl Mitchell
DT DeAndre Coleman, 3rd rd
RDE 94 Whitney Mercilus , Sam Montgomery
SLB 58 Cushing, Brian
ILB Shayne Skov
WLB Willie Jefferson
LCB 25 Kareem Jackson
SS 38 MANNING, DANIEAL
FS 36 Swearinger, DJ
RCB

HOU-TEX
10-14-2013, 03:42 PM
My team next year .

Offense
LWR 80 JOHNSON, ANDRE
RWR 10 Hopkins, DeAndre 11 Posey, DeVier
LT 76 Brown, Duane
LG Gabe Jackson, G 2nd pick
C 55 MYERS, CHRIS
RG 79 Brooks, Brandon
RT Brennan Williams
TE 88 Graham, Garrett
QB Tajh Boyd 1st rd pick 7 Keenum, Case
FB J.C. Copeland,
RB 23 Foster, Arian 41 Wood, Cierre

Defense
LDE Watt, JJ
DT Earl Mitchell
DT DeAndre Coleman, 3rd rd
RDE 94 Whitney Mercilus , Sam Montgomery
SLB 58 Cushing, Brian
ILB Shayne Skov
WLB Willie Jefferson
LCB 25 Kareem Jackson
SS 38 MANNING, DANIEAL
FS 36 Swearinger, DJ
RCB

I like me some Skov too. My ideal ILB next to Cush would be getting Poz from the jags

Not sold on Boyd

Honoring Earl 34
10-14-2013, 03:51 PM
I like me some Skov too. My ideal ILB next to Cush would be getting Poz from the jags

Not sold on Boyd

This was from the mock draft thing i did using a Walter Football mock to cherry pick . I like Boyd ok , mobile 4 year started for a good team . i think the top 3 guys were gone .

TexanBacker93
10-14-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm sick of that dude...continuously bringing the ball out 7 yds deep in the end zone & not making it to the 20...

stone hands on offense....& this is with a noodle-armed qb throwing to him

plus, i think he's taking snaps away from Devier Posey who has at least has flashed.

While I agree that he isn't getting it done on kick returns, it wasn't like Manning did anything either. That problem lies with Marciano. Considering only 1 out of every 10 possessions start at the 20 after a kickoff why doesn't braniac instruct everyone to take the knee? At least we'd start with better field position.

TexanBacker93
10-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Let some in here tell it, they saw it the minute he put on a Texans uni. the extension he got certainly could've been prevented, but prior to that, Schaub played well for this team. The issues that are about to effectively end his tenure here didn't really show up until late last year.

We all have 20/20 vision when it comes to hindsight. Well, I'd bet Kubiak would still find ways to screw things up even if he was given some kind of precognitive ability to know how a play was going to turn out.