PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak post Ram loss presser

Lucky
10-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Is it just me, or does Kubiak seem glad that it was the entire team that blew up, and not just Schaub?

Link (http://prod.www.texans.clubs.nfl.com/tv-media/videos/Texans-postgame-press-conference/a01648b9-9a04-44d0-bfdb-5ff68b391ef3)

"There's been a lot of fingers pointed in one direction, but as I continued to say there's a lot of issues. And obviously there were a lot of issues today.

There's been a lot of talk about our quarterback, in the last few weeks, as I tell you all the time that this is a team game. And we have a lot of issues to get fixed and perform better at. Coaching and playing. And today was a great indicator, because we sprung leaks in every phase, every phase of the gameI told you so! I told you the whole team sucked, not just Matt!

Congratulations, Gary. You got it right, today.

Runner
10-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Gary says the whole team is screwed up? So who is responsible for that?

ATXtexanfan
10-13-2013, 05:46 PM
Yeah kubiak a good soldier till the end

Rey
10-13-2013, 05:47 PM
Is it just me, or does Kubiak seem glad that it was the entire team that blew up, and not just Schaub?

Link (http://prod.www.texans.clubs.nfl.com/tv-media/videos/Texans-postgame-press-conference/a01648b9-9a04-44d0-bfdb-5ff68b391ef3)

I told you so! I told you the whole team sucked, not just Matt!

Wtf?

That is a weird comment by kubiak. I was teetering on whether or not he should be gone just because I didn't want to have to start all the way over, but that comment about does it.

What a garbage ass coach.

Vinny
10-13-2013, 05:50 PM
dude is flat out depressing.

OzzO
10-13-2013, 05:52 PM
Season started Kubiak. May want to go ahead and start working on getting all those issues fixed

thunderkyss
10-13-2013, 05:53 PM

You know I'm a silver lining guy. But 4 losses in a row. I normally don't call for a man's job. I've never walked in those shoes & I don't think it works. If Kubiak doesn't make a move... I think McNair should.

Rey
10-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Kubiak's throws out an I told you so...

"See!! The whole team sucks!!!" :mcnugget:

Brisco_County
10-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Kubiak is well aware that the Schaub issue has diminished the confidence of the entire team. If he says otherwise, it's for Schaub's benefit.

Wolf
10-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Fisher comes in two weeks ago to the Rams locker room and has training camp clothes on and told the team training camp is over..the rams responded with 3 wins in a row

We have a coach that sounds like the draft and free agency's is just around the corner and we are going to plug holes for the upcoming season

Vinny
10-13-2013, 05:56 PM
You know I'm a silver lining guy. But 4 losses in a row. I normally don't call for a man's job. I've never walked in those shoes & I don't think it works. If Kubiak doesn't make a move... I think McNair should.4-8 over the last 12 do anything for you?

BullNation4Life
10-13-2013, 05:57 PM
You know I'm a silver lining guy. But 4 losses in a row. I normally don't call for a man's job. I've never walked in those shoes & I don't think it works. If Kubiak doesn't make a move... I think McNair should.

Gonna be 5 losses in a row come next week in KC...

Wolf
10-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Gonna be 5 losses in a row come next week in KC...

Pretty sad when they turned around in one offseason where as the Texans are trying to get on the right track

cameronkrazie86
10-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Literally the only bright side to this season is we may finally rid ourselves of Kubiak and hopefully draft a franchise quarterback. Man how I wish they had signed Peyton a couple years ago.

SchaubApologist
10-13-2013, 06:00 PM

I told you so! I told you the whole team sucked, not just Matt!

I think this is a great example as to why people cheered when Schaub went down.

All of the anger was not directed solely at Schaub, but at Kubiak as well.

There is only so much robot BS drivel the city can take.

Runner
10-13-2013, 06:02 PM
4-8 over the last 12 do anything for you?

So if you go back 16 is it 8-8? That seems to be the record this team gravitates to over the Kubiak era. One exceptional run led them to 12-4. Certainly the exception rather than the rule.

Wolf
Literally the only bright side to this season is we may finally rid ourselves of Kubiak and hopefully draft a franchise quarterback. Man how I wish they had signed Peyton a couple years ago.

Sadly I doubt Kubiak would let him have the reigns of the offense

Nawzer
Bob McNair. I hope you're watching dude.

Mr teX
10-13-2013, 06:14 PM

Blown out the stadium in 3 of those 4 losses.....lol, dude is done...At this point he's all outta moves and crouched in the corner with his arms over his head in a protective manner while other teams take turns wailing on him...he's just waiting for the ref to step in and call the match.....bob, go ahead and step in and bail him out by firing him.

Runner
10-13-2013, 06:17 PM

Don't worry. By Wednesday, Thursday at the latest, you'll be able to "prove" that this Texans team is the best 2-4 team in the history of the NFL.

Corrosion
10-13-2013, 06:32 PM
If Kubiak doesn't make a move... I think McNair should.

What move is there to make ?!!?

I believe that Yates performance today shows exactly why Kubiak stuck with Schaub .... and I cant blame him after seeing that.

Pollardized
10-13-2013, 06:36 PM

I believe that Yates performance today shows exactly why Kubiak stuck with Schaub .... and I cant blame him after seeing that.

The move to be made is the firing of Gary Kubiak. Period.

Rey
10-13-2013, 06:43 PM

These guys need practice time.

You throw a guy in a game in a blowout and don't help him with play calling and he'll likely struggle.

I think if Yates or keenum spent the week preparing as a starter they'd have a much better chance to perform better. Back ups don't tend to get many in practice.

That said, Schaub had about the same game Yates had today, last week...minus the part where he actually got the team into the red zone before throwing his picks.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Schaub played this game not to screw up, rather than to win. Kubiak called a consevative game to protect his QB. The defense did them no favors by playing by far their worst game of the season and ST was awful as usual. This was a triumvirate of failure.

hradhak
10-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Kubiak is not getting the team ready week in and out. This team needs new leadership to right this ship.

The execution has been poor but the team seems to be very undisciplined. This game was a team fail with numerous penalties and sloppy tackling

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

silvrhand
10-13-2013, 06:57 PM
Kubiak is not getting the team ready week in and out. This team needs new leadership to right this ship.

The execution has been poor but the team seems to be very undisciplined. This game was a team fail with numerous penalties and sloppy tackling

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

This has always been a staple of Kubiak's history, he's never had them ready for the big games..

MEGA SWATT
10-13-2013, 07:01 PM
Don't worry. By Wednesday, Thursday at the latest, you'll be able to "prove" that this Texans team is the best 2-4 team in the history of the NFL.

Belichick and Brady showed in the last 30 seconds of their game today JUST how important head coach and QB are in today's league.

My goodness, they got no weapons and look at that game winning drive/TD

Our QB and HC are not even 5% of that duo

AMartin56
10-13-2013, 07:02 PM
I'd like to see Yates with some practice time before giving up on him. He made at least one throw that Schaub can't make. He doesn't have a cannon but he DOES have more than a noodle.

MEGA SWATT
10-13-2013, 07:11 PM
I'd like to see Yates with some practice time before giving up on him. He made at least one throw that Schaub can't make. He doesn't have a cannon but he DOES have more than a noodle.

http://www.adamcentric.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/NO_GOD_PLEASE_NO.gif

houstonspartan
10-13-2013, 07:16 PM
http://www.adamcentric.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/NO_GOD_PLEASE_NO.gif

LOL. I remember that episode of "The Office." I think Michael was reacting to Toby returning to work.

Mr teX
10-13-2013, 07:17 PM
Belichick and Brady showed in the last 30 seconds of their game today JUST how important head coach and QB are in today's league.

Hell, go deeper than that..Brees and the Saints last year were terrible without Sean Payton....Brees threw the 2nd most ints in his career and the offense looked out of sync. Payton comes back, they're 1 of the best teams in the league....

Txn_in_Oki
10-13-2013, 07:19 PM
Pretty sad when they turned around in one offseason where as the Texans are trying to get on the right track

Example #2 - Colts. 2-14 and then back in the race two years later.

This coach has lost the team and you can't right a ship that's already sunk. Kubiak needs to go and put Phillips in as interim coach... NOT full time hire, just interim until the end of the season. We've already had a coordinator masquerading as a head coach long enough, we don't need another one.

This is one of the few times I've been happy to be on the other side of the world during football season.

hradhak
10-13-2013, 07:20 PM

Yeah I saw that game and was just amazed at how our team could never do that.

Down 24-23, Brady and the Pats go 4 and out. Saints kick a FG.
Brady throws an INT and the Pats blow all their TOs and have 1:20 left. Brady gets the ball back and scores a TD with 5 seconds left to win the game.

Our team has never done anything like that. We can't seem to rally after a big turnover or a bad series. It's a culture that these guys have been immersed in for 7 years.

Rey
10-13-2013, 07:21 PM

Id rather see keenum, but I agree. I don't think it's fair to judge Yates simply based on today. Schaub had a similar game last week. Yates hasn't prepared as a starter. He hast gotten reps. Nor has keenum. That's why I want to be through with Schaub. So the other guys can be prepared properly for games so we can get a better picture of what we have. But we aren't going to do that. Kubiak will stick with Schaub.

devo-x
10-13-2013, 08:24 PM
How can Kubiak stick with Schaub if he's injured? You might get to see Yates and/or Keenum next week

bckey
10-13-2013, 08:28 PM

No its not just you.

thunderkyss
10-13-2013, 10:16 PM
How can Kubiak stick with Schaub if he's injured? You might get to see Yates and/or Keenum next week

Far as we know it's just a slight ankle sprain. He looked like he could play shortly after he got hurt. If it were up to him, I'm sure he'd have gone back into the game.

I honestly believe if they say he can't go for next week, he's being benched.

Rey
10-13-2013, 10:49 PM
Far as we know it's just a slight ankle sprain. He looked like he could play shortly after he got hurt. If it were up to him, I'm sure he'd have gone back into the game.

I honestly believe if they say he can't go for next week, he's being benched.

They showed a clip of Schaub after the game in the locker room. He didn't appear to have in a boot and he definitely wasn't using crutches.

He looked to be walking fine as he shoved past reporters and bolted out the locker room declining to answer any questions.

houstonspartan
10-13-2013, 11:15 PM
Example #2 - Colts. 2-14 and then back in the race two years later.

This coach has lost the team and you can't right a ship that's already sunk. Kubiak needs to go and put Phillips in as interim coach... NOT full time hire, just interim until the end of the season. We've already had a coordinator masquerading as a head coach long enough, we don't need another one.

This is one of the few times I've been happy to be on the other side of the world during football season.

The Broncos also appeared to re-build fairly quickly.

Look, it does not take 8 years to turn a team around, despite what Bob McNair and Gary Kubiak thinks. There is a reason the NFL has revenue sharing: so things can even out and teams can have a chance to compete more evenly.

Even a terrible, no-talent team should be able to re-build into a respectable playoff team in about 5 years (TOPS).

I'm really tired of the "slow and steady" thing. At some point, the head coach has to be accountable for something around here.

thunderkyss
10-13-2013, 11:24 PM

Look, it does not take 8 years to turn a team around...

It appears that we're using two different standards for "turn a team around"

One for the Texans & one for everyone else. This was a failed expansion team when Kubiak took over in 2006. He made it a winning franchise in 2009, his 4th season. Two years later our first play-off run & division championship with a repeat the year after.

The turning around portion is done if we're looking at the KC Chiefs & what took them 4 years to build as turning around, or the Denver Broncos who started their process when they fired Shanahan 5 years ago.

eriadoc
10-13-2013, 11:27 PM
Wtf?

That is a weird comment by kubiak. I was teetering on whether or not he should be gone just because I didn't want to have to start all the way over, but that comment about does it.

The Fire Kubiak thread was started back in September of '09 and it just keeps growing.

Kubiak chose Yates, put him at #2, and specifically chose him because he already knew how to run this system. This system is part of the problem. Player selection is another part of the problem. Handling the team appears to also be part of the problem. One guy's responsible for all that.

Look, it does not take 8 years to turn a team around, despite what Bob McNair and Gary Kubiak thinks. There is a reason the NFL has revenue sharing: so things can even out and teams can have a chance to compete more evenly.

Even a terrible, no-talent team should be able to re-build into a respectable playoff team in about 5 years (TOPS).

I'm really tired of the "slow and steady" thing. At some point, the head coach has to be accountable for something around here.

If you get a QB, you can rebuild quickly. I have defended Kubiak in the past on his QB coaching, but I am wavering on that now. He seems to be falling into the trap of forcing players into his system instead of building a system to fit a player's strengths. Either that or Yates is really Schaub 2.0, in which case Kubiak just chooses QBs poorly.