10-13-2013, 01:57 PM
and the home crowd is cheering lol... wtf

this game is full of twist

mussop
10-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Did they cheer. I didn't hear it on tv.

4Texans
10-13-2013, 02:07 PM
And no one can blame the latest pick 6 on him, since he's on the trainers table.

Farough
10-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Watching it on TV I could hear some cheers. Never wish an injury on anyone and I still think he gives us our best chance to win out of anyone on this team. I was hoping they would bring in Freeman and see what he could do.

Dan B.
10-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Definitely heard it on the radio. Pissed me off so bad I had to turn it off. Way more embarrassed by that act than anything the team has ever done -- even draft Carr.

C Madd
10-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Those people who cheered should be embarrassed and are terrible human beings.

gtexan02
10-13-2013, 02:31 PM
I heard some fans were throwing ice at schaub when he was on the sidelines too

TexanExile
10-13-2013, 02:39 PM
Pretty sure one poster here on my ignore list was cheering somewhere.

Awful to see our fan base turn into such a-holes.

LonerATO
10-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Did they cheer. I didn't hear it on tv.

Had to leave the game early for family reasons, but not before Schaub got hurt and then the crowd absolutely erupted in cheers for his injury and Yates entrance into the game. Other season-ticket holders around me and my brother thought that we were in Philly for a minute.

panamamyers
10-13-2013, 02:47 PM
I am sure Schaub is going to be ok.
I would not cheer for an injury, but he is a professional athlete making millions of dollars. As long as he does not die or get permanently disabled, then he can take whatever he has coming.

chenjy9
10-13-2013, 03:13 PM
I don't think people were cheering Schaub's injury as much as they were cheering that he was finally getting off the damn field.

ziggy29
10-13-2013, 03:15 PM
I don't think people were cheering Schaub's injury as much as they were cheering that he was finally getting off the damn field.

All that means is that they were rooting for an injury for business reasons, not personal reasons. They were still cheering an injury.

IDEXAN
10-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Definitely heard it on the radio. Pissed me off so bad I had to turn it off. Way more embarrassed by that act than anything the team has ever done -- even draft Carr.
Yea, some stupid azz people somehow think it's cool or macho or whatever to cheer and applaud in situations like this with an unpopular or controversial player at QB. Just like the classless and cowardly jerks who would harass him at his home with his family.

chenjy9
10-13-2013, 03:17 PM
All that means is that they were rooting for an injury for business reasons, not personal reasons. They were still cheering an injury.

I was personally excited to see Schaub get off the field. While injury was last on my list of thing I hoped to happen to get him off the field, I will take whatever I can at this point. Now we can finally move on and see what else we have at QB.

HJam72
10-13-2013, 03:20 PM
I was personally excited to see Schaub get off the field. While injury was last on my list of thing I hoped to happen to get him off the field, I will take whatever I can at this point. Now we can finally move on and see what else we have at QB.

Well, the answer is not Yates; I can tell you that.

Dan B.
10-13-2013, 03:20 PM

Riiight. And Philly fans weren't cheering Irvin's injury as much as they were cheering he was finally off the field.

Fans shouldn't cheer when a player gets hurt. They should act like they have some class.

ziggy29
10-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Now we can finally move on and see what else we have at QB.

I think we saw what we have in Yates, and it wasn't exactly looking like an upgrade.

panamamyers
10-13-2013, 03:23 PM

Who cares. This isn't high school. He is not permanently injured. Such a random thing to be upset about. How is it any different to cheer or boo an interception, a fumble and a sprained ankle for crying out loud.

People get upset because they are told they should get upset over cheering an injury.

It is just a silly social convention with no merit.

Lurvinator11
10-13-2013, 03:23 PM

Don't worry! As waynegg said, he wasn't cheering the injury, he was cheering the change!!

(He was cheering the injury and can't deny it)

ziggy29
10-13-2013, 03:24 PM
People get upset because they are told they should get upset over cheering an injury.

Yeah, humanity, compassion and not being a jerk is so overrated in our society...

chenjy9
10-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Well, the answer is not Yates; I can tell you that.

I think we saw what we have in Yates, and it wasn't exactly looking like an upgrade.

For the record, I have said a many times that I don't believe Yates is the answer. I am rooting for Keenum to play over him. I already have mentioned that I think Yates is a ****ty QB.

Riiight. And Philly fans weren't cheering Irvin's injury as much as they were cheering he was finally off the field.

Fans shouldn't cheer when a player gets hurt. They should act like they have some class.

When did I ever mention Philly? There is nothing wrong with fans cheering when an under-performing player finally gets knocked off the field one way or another. I personally would have preferred benching or cutting as that would have also shown that coaching/management has some stones. It's sad for Schaub that he got injured, but I would be lying if I said I was ecstatic that he is off the field for whatever the reason.

infantrycak
10-13-2013, 03:27 PM
ohh god settle down with your fake outrage and moral indignation.

The entire city of houston was cheering.

You act as if the fans just killed his wife and kids after witnessing schaub get both legs amputated.

Its not that serious and frankly, a lot of people felt the same way.

Schaub has earned it.

Quoted just for people to see your asshatery.

Vinny
10-13-2013, 03:28 PM

why are you pulling his posts up when I silenced him?

Maddict5
10-13-2013, 03:34 PM
well we finally confirmed what's long been suspected: TJ's not the answer and Houston is right at the top of the most clueless, lame fanbases out there. Those dumbasses that cheered don't deserve a winning team to bandwagon on (and do the wave while watching) :rolleyes:

cstyle42
10-13-2013, 03:37 PM
TJ Yates played averaged a few years ago and he hasn't played full time since the first time we made the playoffs I expect him to be trash now.

cbs1507
10-13-2013, 03:38 PM

He was until he got in the redzone...lol

ziggy29
10-13-2013, 03:45 PM
He was until he got in the redzone...lol

Like the guy who hits .370 with bases empty and trailing by six runs or more, but hits .110 with guys in scoring position in "close and late" situations...

Maddict5
10-13-2013, 03:45 PM
For the record, I have said a many times that I don't believe Yates is the answer. I am rooting for Keenum to play over him. I already have mentioned that I think Yates is a ****ty QB.

why do you want to see keenum? based on his good preseason v the scrubs? that '****ty' qb had just as good a preseason v the same competition. do the math :smiliepalm:

ziggy29
10-13-2013, 03:46 PM
why do you want to see keenum? based on his good preseason v the scrubs? that '****ty' qb had just as good a preseason v the same competition. do the math :smiliepalm:

It might tell us how high we need to draft a QB next year, and even if the Texans had to trade up to secure one....

TexansFight
10-13-2013, 03:50 PM

If you are referring to me the answer is no.

legacy_gt
10-13-2013, 03:51 PM
all the people that cheered matt's injury is sick and disrespectful. i'll be first to vote for case but I would never wish matt injury.

TexansFight
10-13-2013, 03:53 PM
well we finally confirmed what's long been suspected: TJ's not the answer and Houston is right at the top of the most clueless, lame fanbases out there. Those dumbasses that cheered don't deserve a winning team to bandwagon on (and do the wave while watching) :rolleyes:

Save your pathetic moral indignation. Focus it on the crappy product on the field and not the fans who are rightfully angry and disappointed.

TexansFight
10-13-2013, 03:53 PM
why are you pulling his posts up when I silenced him?

Why did you silence him?

LonerATO
10-13-2013, 04:01 PM

I was there, people all around the stadium cheered when he was down.

Maddict5
10-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Save your pathetic moral indignation. Focus it on the crappy product on the field and not the fans who are rightfully angry and disappointed.

:yawn:

not even gonna get into it because there's no helping people like those fans (and yourself). all I will say is what's in the stands is even worse than the ****ty football on display at the moment. the players/coaches are failing at their jobs (which is a game at the end of the day). those fans are failing at life.

if a game (no matter how bad...and it was bad) causes you to act like that, time to take a long, hard look at your life. that might be where the 'pathetic' word is really required.

even the players aren't hiding it and acting all PC with this one

chenjy9
10-13-2013, 04:20 PM

I see a lot of confidence in Keenum and I see him make throws to receivers that I simply don't see Schaub making. I was also never impressed with Yates. He just always seems a bit clueless or lost out there. Do I think Keenum is the answer? Nope. He has yet to prove anything. What I do know however, is that neither Schaub or Yates are the answer and have not been. At the very least, if Keenum goes out there and sucks it up, at least we know how much of a priority it is to draft a QB.

I personally think that Keenum outplayed Yates considerably in the preseason if it weren't for all the 3rd string baddies he had to play with.

Dan B.
10-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Brian T. Smith @ChronBrianSmith

#Texans' Andre Johnson on fans cheering injured Matt Schaub: "It just shows that they have no class."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/texans-fans-cheer-quarterback-matt-schaub-leaves-rams-194856062--nfl.html

The headline on Yahoo news btw:
"Fans' despicable act aimed at injured QB"

hradhak
10-13-2013, 04:22 PM
I was at the game.

Some fans cheered when Schaub went down, but it was pretty quiet. More fans cheered when Schaub stood up and walked off the field.

Everyone went crazy when Yates entered the game.

Those first fans that cheered are douches. Most people didn't cheer while he was down. Of course the media will say that the stands were going crazy when Schaub was down.

RTP2110
10-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Folks that were cheering for "change"....why not just keep your mouth shut while Schaub was being tended to and helped off the field? If you want to cheer for change, you can let it loose when Yates run onto the field, after Schaub is on the sidelines.

TexanBacker93
10-13-2013, 04:30 PM
I was at the game.

Some fans cheered when Schaub went down, but it was pretty quiet. More fans cheered when Schaub stood up and walked off the field.

Those first fans that cheered are douches. Most people didn't cheer while he was down. Of course the media will say that the stands were going crazy when Schaub was down.

This is exactly how it was. It was pathetic for those that were cheering that he was down and I heard a couple that were definitely cheering that he was hurt. Most were cheering because Yates came in.

It's one thing to boo someone who isn't playing well and be happy if he gets replaced, but to cheer an injury is disgusting. It doesn't matter how much money he makes.

hradhak
10-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Also, I hope people start to understand that the terrible playcalling is responsible for this season. Yates looked terrible because of terrible, predictable playcalling. Schaub is not blameless here, but the playcalling has been so weak that it's hard to see how any QB would produce different results.

gary
10-13-2013, 04:40 PM
The team played poorly and fans should stop blaming Matt only. How many fans are going to go to houses of players this week or throw ice at them?

HTown2ATX
10-13-2013, 04:42 PM
The team played poorly and fans should stop blaming Matt only. How many fans are going to go to houses of players this week or throw ice at them?

Well, that story was proven to be total BS first off. No, it's not all on Matt but he wasn't that great out there which a lot of that was on Kubiak play calling wise as well.

I wouldn't jump on the people who were upset at Schaub just yet. He's not clean in this.

HJam72
10-13-2013, 04:44 PM
I think Cush & Foster shoulda picked it up & thrown it back at them, LOL.

EllisUnit
10-13-2013, 04:44 PM

noone went to matts home, they reported seeing people drive by taking pictures, nothing more....

And yes this game was not on matt only, but a few before today were 100% on him.

bOODRO87
10-13-2013, 04:46 PM
And people are "disgusted" and "ashamed" that some fans cheered when Schaub came off the field. He rolled his ANKLE, FFS! Good grief. This wasn't some head injury. If that were the case, it would be wrong. I don't support the fan who *supposedly* pulled into his driveway, but Schaub isn't in Iraq or Afghanistan dodging bullets for little pay. This guy is guaranteed 29 million dollars playing a fkn GAME. A game that he's not even great at. Contemplate that. Generations of his family have a great chance to be financially set, but hearing that people want him off the field when he hurt an ankle is too much? If that isn't the most soft-served sh*t I've ever heard of.

HTown2ATX
10-13-2013, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=EllisUnit;2228786]noone went to matts home, they reported seeing people drive by taking pictures, nothing more....

^^^^THIS

Corrosion
10-13-2013, 04:48 PM
It didn't make him score more touchdowns ..... :kitten:

They had gone 9 quarters ??? without a TD until Tate punched it in late in the 4th.

Nawzer
10-13-2013, 04:49 PM
It's pretty much a given at this point that Schaub's tenure as the starting QB for the Texans is coming to a painful end, but booing the man while he's laying on the ground injured is bad karma.

pbat488
10-13-2013, 04:51 PM
name makes sense.

also, incoming

Corrosion
10-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Also, I hope people start to understand that the terrible playcalling is responsible for this season. Yates looked terrible because of terrible, predictable playcalling. Schaub is not blameless here, but the playcalling has been so weak that it's hard to see how any QB would produce different results.

Yates looked terrible because of terrible decisions .... the pick six into double coverage (that the announcer called before the play) and the pick in the opposite endzone with the defender in front of the target receiver.

Blame the play calling if you want ... but the facts show poor decisions.

Can we pretend he's injured too and see if Keenum can do any better ?!

HJam72
10-13-2013, 04:55 PM
And people are "disgusted" and "ashamed" that some fans cheered when Schaub came off the field. He rolled his ANKLE, FFS! Good grief. This wasn't some head injury. If that were the case, it would be wrong. I don't support the fan who *supposedly* pulled into his driveway, but Schaub isn't in Iraq or Afghanistan dodging bullets for little pay. This guy is guaranteed 29 million dollars playing a fkn GAME. A game that he's not even great at. Contemplate that. Generations of his family have a great chance to be financially set, but hearing that people want him off the field when he hurt an ankle is too much? If that isn't the most soft-served sh*t I've ever heard of.

There's like 15 sides to this story...

PS-& multiple pages of a previously made thread, LOL.

Rey
10-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Leave Matt alone.

Hervoyel
10-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Anyone hear anything about the severity of the injury? That's really all I am interested in at this point. Douches are going to be douches no matter what city they're in and sometimes they buy tickets to football games. It happens.

I want to know if we're looking at another incomplete Matt Schaub season or not. I'm tired of talking about how bad his body language is, how immobile he is, how athletically challenged he is, and how inaccurate he is.

I'm ready to start talking about how fragile he is again. :kitten:

amazing80
10-13-2013, 04:59 PM

you couldn't find another thread to post this in?

TexansFight
10-13-2013, 05:00 PM
noone went to matts home, they reported seeing people drive by taking pictures, nothing more....

And yes this game was not on matt only, but a few before today were 100% on him.

I called it before it was proven that it was BS. People bashing the fans are being ridiculous.

GuerillaBlack
10-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Anyone hear anything about the severity of the injury? That's really all I am interested in at this point. Douches are going to be douches no matter what city they're in and sometimes they buy tickets to football games. It happens.

I want to know if we're looking at another incomplete Matt Schaub season or not. I'm tired of talking about how bad his body language is, how immobile he is, how athletically challenged he is, and how inaccurate he is.

I'm ready to start talking about how fragile he is again. :kitten:

Sprained ankle I heard. Maybe Schaub should rest next week and let Keenum start.

EllisUnit
10-13-2013, 05:01 PM
I called it before it was proven that it was BS. People bashing the fans are being ridiculous.

its one thing i hate about the media/social networks. Someone says something and its automatically true haha

EllisUnit
10-13-2013, 05:03 PM

Oh and on that point where i used to work we used to get crap and piss thrown on us daily, pretty sure these grown men at their jobs making ungodly amounts of $$$ can handle a little ice haha

HJam72
10-13-2013, 05:03 PM

People really need to stop throwing their dog poop in Matt's yard. This is just wrong, people!

Rey
10-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Delete.

thunderkyss
10-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Haven't read through the whole thread. I was at the game & I don't know that the fans were cheering when Schaub got hurt. After the sack, everyone was quite like we normally are after a sack. It was awkward when it looked like Matt wasn't moving.

There was cheers when they saw Yates start warming up.

Then there were cheers when Matt got up & was being taken off the field. I don't think that was meant as anything against Matt. We do that any time a player is hurt on the field, then gets up. That's good sportsmanship.

There were a lot of boos out there today. The only one I can think of that was aimed at Matt was in the red zone, it was like third & goal & he threw the ball short of the end zone.

Other than that, I was actually pretty proud of the way they treated Schaub. He didn't get booed when he walked out of the tunnel, he didn't get booed when he walked on the field.

They booed the play calls & not going for it on 4th down from the 1 or whereever we were.

thunderkyss
10-13-2013, 05:27 PM

I'll be saying this repeatedly all week, because I know the play call is going to get blamed all week. But it's not the play calling.

There were plenty of routes open downfield, Schaub didn't pull the trigger. Hopkins is a beast of a route runner. They're still rolling to Andre & Hopkins was getting open all day.

That said, I was upset seeing Posey & Keyshawn on the sideline all day, until the game was out of hand.

Owen Daniels was out of the game. So we're playing with our third TE who's probably had 3 snaps before today instead of going 3 wides. I'd have loved to see how good their 3rd cornerback was today, but we allowed them to stay in their based defense & play to their strength.

gary
10-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Oh and on that point where i used to work we used to get crap and piss thrown on us daily, pretty sure these grown men at their jobs making ungodly amounts of $$$ can handle a little ice hahaWhich QB on the roster is better than Matt? That is the issue with making a QB change but one should still be made. I think either way things are not looking good.

Rey
10-13-2013, 05:40 PM
I'll be saying this repeatedly all week, because I know the play call is going to get blamed all week. But it's not the play calling.

There were plenty of routes open downfield, Schaub didn't pull the trigger. Hopkins is a beast of a route runner. They're still rolling to Andre & Hopkins was getting open all day.

That said, I was upset seeing Posey & Keyshawn on the sideline all day, until the game was out of hand.

Owen Daniels was out of the game. So we're playing with our third TE who's probably had 3 snaps before today instead of going 3 wides. I'd have loved to see how good their 3rd cornerback was today, but we allowed them to stay in their based defense & play to their strength.

I agree with all of this.

I don't get the point of having those guys if you're not going to use them more.

But I think kubiak is too ho-hum and doesn't mix it up. He gets the upset stomach face and it's a wrap after that.

He needs to get more aggressive. Impose our will on opponents.

There's so much fail with this team.

RunningTheSouth
10-13-2013, 05:44 PM
Sprained ankle I heard. Maybe Schaub should rest next week and let Keenum start.

Schaub sucks, anything would be better. He played almost 3 quarters against a weak Rams defense.....0td's. Schaub Sucks!

gary
10-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Schaub sucks, anything would be better. He played almost 3 quarters against a weak Rams defense.....0td's. Schaub Sucks!What did Yates do?

OzzO
10-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Leave Matt alone.

Gotta cry and make a video to be effective.

OzzO
10-13-2013, 06:03 PM
What did Yates do?

was a part of the one TD scoring drive the Texans had

EllisUnit
10-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Which QB on the roster is better than Matt? That is the issue with making a QB change but one should still be made. I think either way things are not looking good.

Noone can say for sure, we saw TJ his rookie year so we kinda know what we are getting with him, and then today he was doing his best Schaub impression. We know nothing about Keenum, he looked damn good in pre season. My point is we will never know who is better that M.S until they all get a fair shot, and no i dont mean coming in with all 2nd stringers when the game is out of reach.

IMO it would take a lot to be worse than Schaub has been for us this season, so in my eyes Keenum is already better than Schaub. Hell atleast give the kid a shot to prove me wrong.

bOODRO87
10-13-2013, 06:45 PM

Is anyone going to bash me for this because I would like to hear it.

gary
10-13-2013, 06:58 PM
was a part of the one TD scoring drive the Texans hadHe also threw a pick six point the point being it looks like the season is over.

SheTexan
10-13-2013, 06:59 PM

You're not worth bashing! Waste of time and energy to bash someone like you!!

SchaubApologist
10-13-2013, 07:02 PM

I agree with you. The texans are simply taking their anger out on the fans. Trying to deflect the real problems.

OzzO
He also threw a pick six point the point being it looks like the season is over.

So, you're saying he has 3 more games to match up with Schaub's turnovers?
:kitten:
Yeah, Yates isn't it either (and I don't think many, if any are saying that) and same with Case (however yet unproven) but I think we've seen enough of our first string QB and he isn't it.

silvrhand

You can't teach class to classless people so why try?

bOODRO87
10-13-2013, 07:06 PM
You're not worth bashing! Waste of time and energy to bash someone like you!!

LOL, I'm sure Schaub and his 20+ millions he's about to make will reward you somehow for that. It's unfortunate he sprained his ankle and may miss 2-3 weeks at the most. That hasn't happened to me since I was a teenager while skating, but I'm sure it's now catastrophic according to many of the posters on here.

cuppacoffee
10-13-2013, 07:31 PM
LOL, I'm sure Schaub and his 20+ millions he's about to make will reward you somehow for that. It's unfortunate he sprained his ankle and may miss 2-3 weeks at the most. That hasn't happened to me since I was a teenager while skating, but I'm sure it's now catastrophic according to many of the posters on here.

Possible you fell and landed on your head?

:coffee:

macho grande
10-13-2013, 07:35 PM
Well I texted "Yes!!!" to a couple of friends when I saw he was slow to get up. Is that considered cheering?

b0ng
10-13-2013, 07:44 PM

What a piece of **** that poster is

CloakNNNdagger
10-13-2013, 07:52 PM
From the appearance of Schaub's response to the injury and the type of wrap, it looks like at least a grade II lateral ankle sprain, but without an MRI, a hairline fracture or high ankle sprain cannot be ruled out. Since this occurred in the same foot as his Lisfranc (which could also have been aggravated), the implications are very poor for anything but further deterioration of his mobility and performance. If they put him out there for any reason next week against KC, even if it is only with a mundane sprain, not only will he look even more like a cripple and play more like a cripple, he will extend his injury.

bOODRO87
10-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Possible you fell and landed on your head?

Hah, I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll try to make this short and sweet.

I just find it hilarious and asinine that people care so much about the emotional feelings of someone who has already made more money than they should in a lifetime by playing a sport. There is so much wrong in the world while these babied athletes reap all the benefits, but as soon as the boo's or cheers for another QB come out, it's absolutely wrong and "disgusting." Why would it even matter to you? Schaub doesn't care what you think or feel. He's already won by getting a NFL deal. In fact, that just goes to show how inept people are about seeing the big picture. These athletes already made it.

Stop feeling bad for him. Injuries come with the sport. If Schaub was seriously injured, I wouldn't cheer. He rolled a damn ankle. He wasn't carted off.

cuppacoffee
10-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Hah, I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll try to make this short and sweet.

I just find it hilarious and asinine that people care so much about the emotional feelings of someone who has already made more money than they should in a lifetime by playing a sport. There is so much wrong in the world while these babied athletes reap all the benefits, but as soon as the boo's or cheers for another QB come out, it's absolutely wrong and "disgusting." Why would it even matter to you? Schaub doesn't care what you think or feel. He's already won by getting a NFL deal. In fact, that just goes to show how inept people are about seeing the big picture. These athletes already made it.

Stop feeling bad for them. Injuries come with the sport. If Schaub was seriously injured, I wouldn't cheer. He rolled a damn ankle. He wasn't carted off.

You just don't understand.

It's you I feel bad for. But we all have character flaws, even me. :)

But I am equally sure you don't care what I think.

gary
10-13-2013, 08:00 PM
I used to wonder why sports players and entertainers make millions. They know owners have money and fans have high demands for products.

silvrhand
10-13-2013, 08:01 PM

Stop feeling bad for him. Injuries come with the sport. If Schaub was seriously injured, I wouldn't cheer. He rolled a damn ankle. He wasn't carted off.

http://image9.spreadshirt.net/image-server/v1/products/107879777/views/1,width=378,height=378,appearanceId=1/Internet-tough-guy.png

Tailgate
10-13-2013, 08:01 PM

Dude...seriously? Get off it bro. Our fan base simply takes the embarrassment on the field and brings it up into the stands upon ourselves with this crap.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9820198/matt-schaub-houston-texans-leaves-game-ankle-injury-prompting-cheers-fans

If I was a player on this team I would also be disgusted and if I were a player on another team, I wouldn't be admiring anyone who is playing in this city.

hradhak
10-13-2013, 08:02 PM
From the appearance of Schaub's response to the injury and the type of wrap, it looks like at least a grade II lateral ankle sprain, but without an MRI, a hairline fracture or high ankle sprain cannot be ruled out. Since this occurred in the same foot as his Lisfranc (which could also have been aggravated), the implications are very poor for anything but further deterioration of his mobility and performance. If they put him out there for any reason next week against KC, even if it is only with a mundane sprain, not only will he look even more like a cripple and play more like a cripple, he will extend his injury.

Kubes' presser made it sound like he was having other problems with the leg as well. I think he said "a little bit of everything was wrong with his leg".

I would expect that he will be taking next week off and getting reevaluated after the bye week.

I agree, with his history and his already lack of mobility, he shouldn't be out there. He'd literally be a statue.

Goatcheese
10-13-2013, 08:02 PM
It's been an embarrassing week to be a Texans fan. Between the team shaming themselves twice in an 8 day span, the national hysteria about a million angry rioters burning down Schaub's house, and now cheering a guy who just got hurt playing a game to entertain your sorry asses...

OzzO
10-13-2013, 08:03 PM
I don't think (hope) the fans that were cheering were because of the injury, more that a change was now going to be forced. Why keep doing the same thing expecting different results?

Haven't read through the whole thread. I was at the game & I don't know that the fans were cheering when Schaub got hurt. After the sack, everyone was quite like we normally are after a sack. It was awkward when it looked like Matt wasn't moving.

There was cheers when they saw Yates start warming up.

Then there were cheers when Matt got up & was being taken off the field. I don't think that was meant as anything against Matt. We do that any time a player is hurt on the field, then gets up. That's good sportsmanship....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9820198/matt-schaub-houston-texans-leaves-game-ankle-injury-prompting-cheers-fans

If I was a player on this team I would also be disgusted and if I were a player on another team, I wouldn't be admiring anyone who is playing in this city.

Puke... now the media is gonna run with this vs discuss other issues with the team cause it's an easy story. Yeah, let's highlight the few "idjuts" of the fanbase, even IF they were cheering the injury.

CloakNNNdagger
10-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Kubes' presser made it sound like he was having other problems with the leg as well. I think he said "a little bit of everything was wrong with his leg".

I would expect that he will be taking next week off and getting reevaluated after the bye week.

I agree, with his history and his already lack of mobility, he shouldn't be out there. He'd literally be a statue.

These ankle sprains can very much feel worse after a couple of hours following the injury (endorphins can account for the immediate lesser response). It would not surprise me to see him in a boot tomorrow. Post Lisfranc alone, his mobility/stability was questionable. Add at very least an ankle sprain, the leg would definitely be expected to show greater instability. Without adequate rest and strength, he will extend his injury(ies) and significantly increase his risk for another injury while compensating for poor stability.

Honoring Earl 34
10-13-2013, 08:31 PM

KC had 10 sacks today . With that type of rush , Schaub would be a sitting duck .

CloakNNNdagger
10-13-2013, 08:33 PM
KC had 10 sacks today . With that type of rush , Schaub would be a sitting duck .

More accurately a DEAD duck.........

Bulls on Parade
10-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Our offensive line will manhandle the Chiefs defensive line. Let's just run the ball down their throats 30-plus times with a heavy dose of Foster and Tate.

Tailgate
10-13-2013, 08:36 PM
And you thought it couldn’t get any worse than showing up at Matt Schaub’s house after a disappointing loss? Well, there is a special place in fandom hell for those of you who elected to cheer when it was clear that Schaub was injured after being sacked by Chris Long with 3:45 left in the third quarter I don’t care how frustrated you are, that is a total lack of class. Philadelphia fans are roasted for booing Santa Claus some 45 years ago. Going after a fictional character for fun is far less egregious than celebrating your own starting quarterback’s injury. You. Should. Be. Ashamed.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/10/texans/?cmpid=hpfc

Its true. We are the laughingstock across the country as a football team, AND as a fan base. The ole double whammy. Nice job Houston, we are a disgrace all the way around.

aussie_texan
10-13-2013, 08:37 PM

stop bringing up money its not about that you scumbag

Rey
10-13-2013, 08:40 PM
Our offensive line will manhandle the Chiefs defensive line. Let's just run the ball down their throats 30-plus times with a heavy dose of Foster and Tate.

Yep.

Just force feed the football right down their throat. Gash them with the run. Limit the pass. Pound them. Bash them.

Just like we did toda.....

Oh...wait....:thinking:

houstonhurricane
10-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Sounds like a few bad apples in the stands and that the media is running with it.

Premier
10-13-2013, 08:55 PM
I was at the game.

someone posted a video and it doesnt even seem like what themedia is making it out to be.. there was a period of silence while he was down and the loudest cheer doesnt come until he stands up (which would signify they are cheering him getting up). the video cut before yates went in so i dont remember if it got louder. so what i can see from video was fans booed when he got sacked, then as they notice him hurt theres some collective stadium noise including reactions but you dont hear cheering as if the stadium erupted in glee.. the media is trying to make this players vs fans crap..

Tailgate
10-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Sounds like a few bad apples in the stands and that the media is running with it.

It was pretty obvious to me watching live on TV that it wasn't just a "few" bad apples. It was easily heard right when he went down.

infantrycak
10-13-2013, 08:59 PM
It was pretty obvious to me watching live on TV that it wasn't just a "few" bad apples. It was easily heard right when he went down.

It was very clear on the radio.

Vinny
10-13-2013, 09:00 PM
It was pretty obvious to me watching live on TV that it wasn't just a "few" bad apples. It was easily heard right when he went down.fans always clap when a guy gets injured out of respect to the player, so how do you measure who was clapping in a mean way and who was clapping out of respect? There was likely a mix of mean spirited clapping, frustrated clapping and clapping for appreciation. Nobody can pin this on the fact that we aren't good fans because this kind of stuff happens in every NFL city and has been going on since before I started going to games. I think everyone is too knee jerk and sensitive nowdays. I'm not excluding myself from that....just commenting.

htowntexans1985
10-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Now all of the media and NFL players are bashing the fan base. Lol. We finally make front page news.

Vinny
10-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Now all of the media and NFL players are bashing the fan base. Lol. We finally make front page news.
They don't like bashing the team because they may not get their juice boxes and smores treats at the presser...safer to bash the fans. It's OUR FAULT. Hell, why didn't I see this sooner?

Tailgate
10-13-2013, 09:12 PM
fans always clap when a guy gets injured out of respect to the player, so how do you measure who was clapping in a mean way and who was clapping out of respect? There was likely a mix of mean spirited clapping, frustrated clapping and clapping for appreciation. Nobody can pin this on the fact that we aren't good fans because this kind of stuff happens in every NFL city and has been going on since before I started going to games. I think everyone is too knee jerk and sensitive nowdays. I'm not excluding myself from that....just commenting.

I am referring to when he was rolling on the ground grabbing his ankle. I did hear some cheers when he walked off, but it wasnt as loud as when he was on the ground.

htowntexans1985
10-13-2013, 09:20 PM
They don't like bashing the team because they may not get their juice boxes and smores treats at the presser...safer to bash the fans. It's OUR FAULT. Hell, why didn't I see this sooner?

All the players were saying we are an embarrassment. Hell, they embarrass us every Sunday. How about they get their heads out their asses and realize we pay hundreds if not thousands to see their pathetic display. And we're not making the millions they are.

bOODRO87
10-13-2013, 09:29 PM
All the players were saying we are an embarrassment. Hell, they embarrass us every Sunday. How about they get their heads out their asses and realize we pay hundreds if not thousands to see their pathetic display. And we're not making the millions they are.

No, because that would be too detrimental to their 6 to 7 figure yearly-salary lifestyle. Life is tough.

Hooston Texan
10-13-2013, 09:35 PM
fans always clap when a guy gets injured out of respect to the player, so how do you measure who was clapping in a mean way and who was clapping out of respect? There was likely a mix of mean spirited clapping, frustrated clapping and clapping for appreciation. Nobody can pin this on the fact that we aren't good fans because this kind of stuff happens in every NFL city and has been going on since before I started going to games. I think everyone is too knee jerk and sensitive nowdays. I'm not excluding myself from that....just commenting.

Fans who clap to show appreciation for an injured player do so when the player is leaving the field. That is the universal time to cheer/clap. This is true at all levels in every sport. Go see a youth soccer game: a hurt player gets cheered as they leave the field; nobody claps while the player is down/being attended to. Unless you are cheering for the injury. That is precisely what was happening today when Schaub got hurt: those who cheered as he was leaving the field were showing their class. Those who were cheering while he was on the ground were showing their [rhymes with class].

handswarmer
10-13-2013, 09:43 PM
Fans cheered when Kyle Boller got hurt in Baltimore; shows a lack of class and I personally do not speak tp some fellow fans to this day.

Its wrong.

EVOLVIST
10-13-2013, 09:44 PM
October 27th, 1996 - Houston Astrodome - San Francisco 49s @ Houston Oilers.

First play of the game, San Fran has the ball and Steve Young completes his first pass for 9 yards. 2nd and 1, the coverage is good, so Young scrambles to get the first, whereupon he meets Blaine Bishop, who just levels Young, helmet to helmet, no flag. Nobody in the stadium knows that Young has just suffered one of the many concussions of his career.

The hometown crowd begins to chant, "Ben Taub, Ben Taub, Ben Taub, Ben Taub!!!"

Classless?

Leviathan.

ziggy29
10-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Go see a youth soccer game: a hurt player gets cheered as they leave the field; nobody claps while the player is down/being attended to. Unless you are cheering for the injury. That is precisely what was happening today when Schaub got hurt: those who cheered as he was leaving the field were showing their class. Those who were cheering while he was on the ground were showing their [rhymes with class].

You can even go up to high school football, for that matter. At that level when a kid goes down the crowd usually goes silent (on both sides) and both teams are on the field, quietly down on one knee, sometimes joining hands and praying. Yes, when the injured player leaves the field, *then* you applaud.

Vinny
10-13-2013, 09:49 PM
those who cheered as he was leaving the field were showing their class. Those who were cheering while he was on the ground were showing their [rhymes with class].
I don't disagree with this. I do think the players should stop focusing on the fans and start looking in the mirror. After reading the Chronicle it seems like the players are more worried about some jerk fans than they are their season.

CloakNNNdagger
10-13-2013, 09:53 PM

I didn't hear the presser, but I just came across this piece that put the statement in context........and right along the impression I originally posted:

Schaub did not address reporters after the game. Kubiak said Schaub had "a little bit of everything on that one leg," including his foot and ankle.link (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9820198/matt-schaub-houston-texans-leaves-game-ankle-injury-prompting-cheers-fans)

houstonhurricane
10-13-2013, 09:58 PM
I didn't hear the presser, but I just came across this piece that put the statement in context........and right along the impression I originally posted:

Schaub did not address reporters after the game. Kubiak said Schaub had "a little bit of everything on that one leg," including his foot and ankle.link (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9820198/matt-schaub-houston-texans-leaves-game-ankle-injury-prompting-cheers-fans)

So you think this could be his Lisfranc agitated on top of whatever happened to his upper ankle and knee?

CloakNNNdagger
10-13-2013, 10:08 PM
So you think this could be his Lisfranc agitated on top of whatever happened to his upper ankle and knee?

Yes to the Lisfranc and the ankle.............don't have any evidence at this time that the knee is involved. The ankle and foot is worrisome enough.

TexansFight
10-13-2013, 10:14 PM

Great post. I sit in section 105 and when Schaub got hurt I whelped a bit initially when he was down. I will admit I got a tad excited TJ was coming in. I cheered for Schaub as he left the field like I do all injured players. Vinny is correct, there is no way to parse the cheers accurately.

BTW, Schaub very loudly said "**** You" to the crowd when TJ went into the game. It sure seems the Texans love to deflect their incompetence by making their loyal fans look bad. The Texans PR should have stepped in when our players were ****ting on us. I want an official statement from the Texans apologizing to us.

Rey
10-13-2013, 10:28 PM
The players know what the cheers are for. You're in the game you have a good vibe of what's going on. Normally when a guy goes down it gets quiet. When he gets u or gets taken off its a more reserved, respectful cheering.

I'm not going to put a percentage on it. But there was DEFINITELY a buzz and electricity when Schaub went down which slowly built to an eruption when Yates came on.

I don't think fans were happy Schaub was hurt per se though. I think they were cheering the situation which was Schaub out and Yates in. I don't think many people were actually saying YES Schaub's ankle might be broken in pieces!!! I hope it's an Achilles or something career ending!!!

But regardless. It ultimately doesn't matter. It has little effect on the game and only served as a distraction. The team sucks ass and the fans always get some grief. Fair weather, classless, not passionate enough...

Whatever. If you play well none of that rears it's ugly head. Worry less about the fans and more about not losing 5 in a row. And if that's too tough, shoot for a smaller goal like not throwing a pick six for the 6th game in a row.

thunderkyss
10-13-2013, 10:38 PM
I don't disagree with this. I do think the players should stop focusing on the fans and start looking in the mirror. After reading the Chronicle it seems like the players are more worried about some jerk fans than they are their season.

I agree with this. Whether it was a classless act or not by the fans, the players have all the power they need to stop it.

RTP2110
10-13-2013, 10:38 PM
Personally, I couldn't care less what the players think about the fans. Whether the fans actions are right, wrong, or indifferent, the players should just keep their opinions to themselves. They need to remember that they are the only ones getting paid to be there, while the fans are paying good sums of their hard earned money to watch. I feel bad that Matt Schaub was injured, but he makes millions of (fan provided) dollars to take that risk. The man could buy a whole new right leg if he wanted to.

As long as it remains verbal, and fans aren't trying to physically harm these guys, they can cram it, IMO

Norg
10-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Personally, I couldn't care less what the players think about the fans. Whether the fans actions are right, wrong, or indifferent, the players should just keep their opinions to themselves. They need to remember that they are the only ones getting paid to be there, while the fans are paying good sums of their hard earned money to watch. I feel bad that Matt Schaub was injured, but he makes millions of (fan provided) dollars to take that risk. The man could buy a whole new right leg if he wanted to.

As long as it remains verbal, and fans aren't trying to physically harm these guys, they can cram it, IMO

What he said

I payed my harddddd and I mean HARRRDDDDDDD earned money to buy a ticket and watch football excuse me if I cant boo or cheer or be quite or whatever

Im glad Houston fans are being vocal maybe we gettin a lot meaner HAHAHAHAH WE will out philly phillyy come on now maybe we are becoming more like Philly fans NY fans and CHI Fans they obvs don't give a poo there gangsta

bhsman
10-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Do we know how long Schaub will be out for?

Texanmike02
10-13-2013, 10:53 PM
Didn't see this anywhere but this is what AJ had to say about the issue:

“It’s bad when members of the other team are saying that’s messed up that (fans) would do something like that,” Johnson said. “It just shows no class. It wasn’t all the fans. But those are the same people that you’re out somewhere with your family and you tell them they can’t have an autograph right now, those are the same people that tell you you’re rude.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/10/texans-johnson-says-fans-who-cheered-injured-schaub-have-no-class/?cmpid=hpfc

Mike

Dan B.
10-13-2013, 11:02 PM
What he said

I payed my harddddd and I mean HARRRDDDDDDD earned money to buy a ticket and watch football excuse me if I cant boo or cheer or be quite or whatever

Im glad Houston fans are being vocal maybe we gettin a lot meaner HAHAHAHAH WE will out philly phillyy come on now maybe we are becoming more like Philly fans NY fans and CHI Fans they obvs don't give a poo there gangsta

God who wants to emulate a Philly fan?

dalemurphy
10-13-2013, 11:18 PM
1st regular season game ever at Reliant Stadium... We are winning by 9 pts against Dallas with around 3 minutes left and the crowd is booing because the offense is running the ball on 3rd down.

I sold my season tickets last year. I simply can not take being around all those drunk, ignorant fans anymore. At 40, I think my days of going to major sporting events may be coming to an end- the mob scene is intolerable. To see the attitudes peppered on this board too- that fans, simply by purchasing a ticket, believe they are entitled to check their morality at the gate. If they weren't so freakin' ignorant, I'd remind them of the crumbling Roman empire and the behavior and attitudes of the people being amused to death in the Colosseum.

thunderkyss
10-13-2013, 11:30 PM
To see the attitudes peppered on this board too- that fans, simply by purchasing a ticket, believe they are entitled to check their morality at the gate. If they weren't so freakin' ignorant, I'd remind them of the crumbling Roman empire and the behavior and attitudes of the people being amused to death in the Colosseum.

Don't you think that's just a little unfair?

I mean, they were allowed to fornicate in the stands.

ObsiWan
10-13-2013, 11:36 PM
Who cares. This isn't high school. He is not permanently injured. Such a random thing to be upset about. How is it any different to cheer or boo an interception, a fumble and a sprained ankle for crying out loud.

You're right. It's not high school. These are grown people. You'd expect grown people to have better home training to cheer because someone got hurt.

C Madd
10-13-2013, 11:55 PM

Well, since you asked...I'm glad I don't know you in real life. You are a terrible person.

C Madd
10-13-2013, 11:56 PM

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Norg
10-14-2013, 12:04 AM
God who wants to emulate a Philly fan?

im just saying that might be the reason everyone on the outside think Houston sports fans are fair weather fans a lot of familys go to the games has well and Houston is just a Gatewaycity

maybe some of the fans around here are changing to more hardcore

I for one didn't boo infact I just stayed silent and I even told the guy in front of me I bet u Yates throws some pix sixes jokely he laughed

what does that say about me I guess when my teams goes bad im like I don't care anymore and I just watch it cus I like watching football good or bad I knew tho in the back of my mind I knew yates going in cold would not do much

I must say tho iam interested to see what yates can do if he starts next week hopefully he can just manage the game better then schaub

cstyle42
10-14-2013, 06:45 AM
Nobody should want Schaub to get SEVERELY hurt. Bottom line is if players like Andre Johnson doesn't want to fans to boooo and stop embarrassing the team then get your team to play better and stop embarrassing the city of Houston on the football field. That's the thing.

bckey
10-14-2013, 07:16 AM
Unfortunately this is a growing part of society now. Fans cheering when a player is injured is wrong period. It makes no difference what team he plays for. Its caring about another human being. And it cuts both ways too. Some of the same people condemning Houston fans for cheering Schaub getting hurt cheer about the exact same thing in MMA. It is rare to see citizens try and intervene any more when they see violence or crimes happen. Most of the time they will gather around and be entertained by it.

Tearstain
10-14-2013, 07:21 AM
I cannot believe I heard this on the radio.

Then to cap it all they played it even over here in the UK on live TV. So the whole UK football fans now think we are heartless and uncaring about our own players.

To say I am am embarrassed is an understatment. To cheer when our own player is injured....

I have have always wanted to come to Houston to watch a game and visit my second city but having doubts now if this is how fans react.

We are better than that aren't we?

buddyboy
10-14-2013, 07:28 AM
Nobody should want Schaub to get SEVERELY hurt. Bottom line is if players like Andre Johnson doesn't want to fans to boooo and stop embarrassing the team then get your team to play better and stop embarrassing the city of Houston on the football field. That's the thing.

Andre wasn't responding to a question about boos, it was about cheering injury.

And in the stands, no one knows if it's a "serious" injury or not. Cheering while a man is rolling on the ground injured is pathetic, regardless of how much money he makes or how much he's "embarrassed the city" (not you who's making these arguments...I don't think, just putting this out there)

cstyle42
10-14-2013, 07:41 AM
Andre wasn't responding to a question about boos, it was about cheering injury.

And in the stands, no one knows if it's a "serious" injury or not. Cheering while a man is rolling on the ground injured is pathetic, regardless of how much money he makes or how much he's "embarrassed the city" (not you who's making these arguments...I don't think, just putting this out there)

He has been complaining about the fans for weeks now so it's the same thing smart guy. What do you think those big tv screens are up for in the stadium. All I'm simply saying is as a professional or team who cares what the fans are doing? Get your priorities straight on the football field then at that point everyone is happy. Fans pay to see the game and players get paid to play the game that hasn't changed. Players and coaches need to do their jobs regardless of the negativity of people viewing the game this is another mental weakness going on with this franchise especially with Schaub who I believe is straight up scared.

panamamyers
10-14-2013, 07:57 AM
I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Why is that some sort of imaginary line to draw? He is not permanently injured.
Tell me when it is OK to cheer or boo then?
Why is it ever OK to boo? Why is it OK to cheer an interception by the opposing team? Don't you think Sam Bradford's feelings are hurt when that happens? Why is it OK to cheer his misfortune?
How is the tangible hurt of a sprained ankle that will be recovered from in three weeks any different than the intangible hurt that one gets from throwing a pick six and then getting booed?

I was raised just like you were raised, but...
This guy is making millions of dollars to play a game.

If he can't handle a twisted ankle....then shame on him....

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 08:10 AM
1st regular season game ever at Reliant Stadium... We are winning by 9 pts against Dallas with around 3 minutes left and the crowd is booing because the offense is running the ball on 3rd down.

I sold my season tickets last year. I simply can not take being around all those drunk, ignorant fans anymore. At 40, I think my days of going to major sporting events may be coming to an end- the mob scene is intolerable. To see the attitudes peppered on this board too- that fans, simply by purchasing a ticket, believe they are entitled to check their morality at the gate. If they weren't so freakin' ignorant, I'd remind them of the crumbling Roman empire and the behavior and attitudes of the people being amused to death in the Colosseum.

The more I go to major sporting events the more I realize how many adults cant control themselves. Its as though purchasing a ticket entitles you to do whatever you want including getting sh!tfaced before the game.

There is no excuse for cheering any player going down, none whatsoever

silvrhand
10-14-2013, 08:12 AM
The more I go to major sporting events the more I realize how many adults cant control themselves. Its as though purchasing a ticket entitles you to do whatever you want including getting sh!tfaced before the game.

There is no excuse for cheering any player going down, none whatsoever

Too many people getting absolutely hammerred at the games now..

Texan_Bill
10-14-2013, 08:19 AM
Too many people getting absolutely hammerred at the games now..

Speak for yourself brother. I get absolutely hammered.......... but I would never get out of line, either.

Inherently people are dicks and ****ey people or they are not dicks and ****ey people.

Runner
10-14-2013, 08:23 AM
I am going to try not to fall into the trap of over generalizing here. I think in the best of times many players think fans rate somewhere between "pains in the butt" to "a necessary evil". Having them lash out at fans during this frustrating season doesn't surprise me. The fans that cheered Schaub's injury gives them an excuse, but I think they are painting the entire fan base with too broad a brush.

For the record I think booing an injury is classless. I don't see much use in booing anything - bad plays, bad calls, whatever.

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Speak for yourself brother. I get absolutely hammered.......... but I would never get out of line, either.

Inherently people are dicks and ****ey people or they are not dicks and ****ey people.

Its irrelevant if you get out of line or not OR the level of which people rate on the ****tey/dick scale. A lot of adults seem to feel that massive binge drinking is what a NFL event has become and often times this group starts to exhibit poor judgement. Getting hammered at a football event shouldnt be a goal or something the occurs with any frequency

Mr teX
10-14-2013, 08:39 AM
Count me in with 2012 Champs & Silvrhand....I don't go to games anymore...largely b/c there are too many drunk ********s that live to engage in the mob mentality...It's much more enjoyable to be at home or amongst friends watching the games these days.

ArlingtonTexan
10-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Sorry, especially fueled by alcohol and the safety of being in a large group, is nothing new. Fans in KC did the same thing with Cassell a year or two ago. My first NFL game was a Cleveland/Pittsburg feast of in stadium jersey burning, shoving matches and rampant drunkenness. this was in 1980.

Given that some people on this board have had at least a tacit "wanting" for a Schuab injury, an open celebration by a few is not a surprise.

BullNation4Life
10-14-2013, 08:56 AM
I hate the fact that ANY fan would cheer for one of their OWN players getting hurt....But I understand....

Had Gary Kubiak had the balls to do what he should have done last week and pulled Matt Schaub, we are not talking about this. However, Gary Kubiak went with who he thought gave the Texans the best chance to win, fans thought he was wrong and expressed their displeasure of that decision in a very classless way.

Irony is, Kubiak and the fans BOTH got it wrong. Schaub nor Yates are the answer and we do not know about Keenum cause Kubiak will not let him play...

Brisco_County
10-14-2013, 08:58 AM
I am going to try not to fall into the trap of over generalizing here. I think in the best of times many players think fans rate somewhere between "pains in the butt" to "a necessary evil". Having them lash out at fans during this frustrating season doesn't surprise me. The fans that cheered Schaub's injury gives them an excuse, but I think they are painting the entire fan base with too broad a brush.

For the record I think booing an injury is classless. I don't see much use in booing anything - bad plays, bad calls, whatever.

Great post. Everything said here is true. Fans are a pain, and when a vocal fraction of them expresses dissatisfaction with a player while the players is trying to work, it takes too much self control for the player to not vent.

What's also unfortunate is that all media is reporting this like the entire stadium erupted when Schaub went down. People who attended the game say otherwise. I'm certain that any fanbase for any team is going to have a portion of fans that act like uncivilized trash. Think of the way that Green Bay fans cursed and spit at Aaron Rodgers when Brett Favre was being forced out of the organization, or the way that KC fans cheered Matt Cassel when he got hurt last year. Every city has trash, and this is how they act, and it's unfair to project that on to an entire fanbase.

steelbtexan
10-14-2013, 09:02 AM

^^^^
This

It's not about Schaub getting booed, it's about change. A long overdue change.
You're next man up Gary, if this season goes the way I think it's headed. The reason so many fans are bitter is the fact that unless the fanbase turns against the team there will be no change from BoB. (It may be too traumatic.)

BTW, I didn't boo at the game yesterday. But I understand why the loyal fanbase of the HOUSTON TEXANS booed. They've about had enough of the mediocrity.

Also, did anybody catch Vandermeer on the radio saying the 1st time the Texans were in the redzone and jumped offsides it was because the fans were too loud. What BS, it's the excuse making by the Texans org that's sickening.

They are the ones that portrayed themselves as SB contenders. Obviously they're not going to get a sniff of a SB and should have to live with the consequences.

TexansFight
10-14-2013, 09:49 AM
^^^^
This

It's not about Schaub getting booed, it's about change. A long overdue change.
You're next man up Gary, if this season goes the way I think it's headed. The reason so many fans are bitter is the fact that unless the fanbase turns against the team there will be no change from BoB. (It may be too traumatic.)

BTW, I didn't boo at the game yesterday. But I understand why the loyal fanbase of the HOUSTON TEXANS booed. They've about had enough of the mediocrity.

Also, did anybody catch Vandermeer on the radio saying the 1st time the Texans were in the redzone and jumped offsides it was because the fans were too loud. What BS, it's the excuse making by the Texans org that's sickening.

They are the ones that portrayed themselves as SB contenders. Obviously they're not going to get a sniff of a SB and should have to live with the consequences.

Great post. You know when things were going swimmingly, especially last season when we were 11-1, you didn't hear a peep from the players or other fans complaining about Texans fans. IMO, a lot of "holier than thou" fans turn their frustration they have with losing not on to the organization where it is deserved but invariably look to blame the fans. It is like being rational and critical of the team would upset their apple cart too much.

If the players and coaches did their jobs, this wouldn't be an issue. I too am pissed off that the Texans management is actively ****ting on their fans to deflect blame. Whoever is in charge of Texans PR needs to be fired TODAY with the bull**** "angry mob accosting Schaub" at his home BS last week and not muzzling the players but rather feeding their uninformed opinions about the fans.

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Great post. You know when things were going swimmingly, especially last season when we were 11-1, you didn't hear a peep from the players or other fans complaining about Texans fans. IMO, a lot of "holier than thou" fans turn their frustration they have with losing not on to the organization where it is deserved but invariably look to blame the fans. It is like being rational and critical of the team would upset their apple cart too much.

If the players and coaches did their jobs, this wouldn't be an issue. I too am pissed off that the Texans management is actively ****ting on their fans to deflect blame. Whoever is in charge of Texans PR needs to be fired TODAY with the bull**** "angry mob accosting Schaub" at his home BS last week and not muzzling the players but rather feeding their uninformed opinions about the fans.

Are you kidding? Texans PR halting news and player interviews?

Mr teX
10-14-2013, 09:59 AM

It's not an uninformed opinion if it actually happened. I heard thru the TV a noticeable amount of cheering and clapping immediately after they showed schaub rolling around on the ground....Dude was sacked & there was 0 to be cheering about in that situation. & twist it how you want but that is classless. Not saying it was every fan in the stadium but still.......if i heard it thru the TV, you damn well know the players on the field heard it.

Now a short time after that, the cheering and clapping you could argue either way but hey, there is vitrually no doubt some of the fans cheered when that guy went down with an injury...& i think the players were speaking more to that than anything.

C Madd
10-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Why is that some sort of imaginary line to draw? He is not permanently injured.
Tell me when it is OK to cheer or boo then?
Why is it ever OK to boo? Why is it OK to cheer an interception by the opposing team? Don't you think Sam Bradford's feelings are hurt when that happens? Why is it OK to cheer his misfortune?
How is the tangible hurt of a sprained ankle that will be recovered from in three weeks any different than the intangible hurt that one gets from throwing a pick six and then getting booed?

I was raised just like you were raised, but...
This guy is making millions of dollars to play a game.

If he can't handle a twisted ankle....then shame on him....

Are you seriously comparing an INT to someone getting physically injured? You're legitimately using that comparison in an argument?

If the game were removed and Schaub was just a guy walking down the street and he got his ankle rolled like that, people would think you were a sociopath if you watched and cheered regardless of his income or profession. This shouldn't change in a football game.

I have no qualms with people cheering the change, but cheering a man getting hurt is terrible. I have no idea why I'm having to explain that idea to anyone.

b0ng
10-14-2013, 12:23 PM

It's not about how much money they make you ****ing piece of ****. You are an embarrassment to the city of Houston.

bOODRO87
10-14-2013, 12:32 PM
It's not about how much money they make you ****ing piece of ****. You are an embarrassment to the city of Houston.

Tough titty. It's exactly why they play. The lights, the fame, and the money is stupid good. If he got Trent Green'd, I get all the fuss. But its an ankle. Now Schaub gets to take a couple weeks off while smiling at his bank account. Man, what a rough life..

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Tough titty. It's exactly why they play. The lights, the fame, and the money is stupid good. If he got Trent Green'd, I get all the fuss. But its an ankle. Now Schaub gets to take a couple weeks off while smiling at his bank account. Man, what a rough life..

So if he only made 40k a year this would somehow be different?

This series of events really show off the idiots

infantrycak
10-14-2013, 12:36 PM

What the injury is does not matter. The fans did not know the injury when they cheered. That is just a BS worthless argument.

bOODRO87
10-14-2013, 12:42 PM

Look, this is apart of the job. Marines know what they are signing up for. You are playing in the g'damn NFL and can have generations of your family set if you're smart with the money. I'd take that deal anyday knowing I would get hurt.

C Madd
10-14-2013, 12:46 PM

What does his salary have to do with cheering when he gets injured? Should we celebrate if Bill Gates breaks his leg? Throw a parade if Warren Buffet dislocates his shoulder?

Your justification is bad and you should feel bad. </zoidberg>

Dishman
10-14-2013, 12:50 PM

Well, if he made 40K a year he'd be sitting behind a desk and fans of the Houston Texans wouldn't even know his name. They certainly wouldn't boo him after an ankle injury during a local flag football match because he'd be inconsequential to the success of the Texans.

These guys are paid a lot of money to play under the heat of the bright lights of the NFL. So, yes, it'd invariably be a different story.

Add that to years of disappointment and frustration with the Texans and the previous NFL history in town and you have the ingredients for a disastrous situation.

cstyle42
10-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Seriously how weak is it that as players you dog out the fans... the comments by the players are ridiculous. In this situation of playing horrible on the field in embarrassing fashion the players dog out the fans versus telling the media the fans deserve better play out of us first before going into how classless the fans are? Shows me Kubiak not holding the right people accountable has fizzled down to the players too.

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Seriously how weak is it that as players you dog out the fans... the comments by the players are ridiculous. In this situation of playing horrible on the field in embarrassing fashion the players dog out the fans versus telling the media the fans deserve better play out of us first before going into how classless the fans are? Shows me Kubiak not holding the right people accountable has fizzled down to the players too.

its weak to cheer someone getting hurt, to play that off somehow is weak

Mr teX
10-14-2013, 01:18 PM

how weak is it that fans cheer & are happy a guy got injured? Simply stating that they should play better has little to no bearing on your actions, no matter how upset you get that they aren't playing well.

-you dont have to watch the game
-you dont have to go to the game
-you can do nothing
- you can show class & wish the best for the guy
-hell, you can take that time he's down on the field to go to the restroom or do something else...anything else.

Those are the obvious options you have completely at your disposal to not come off as an idiot. Why not draw from the list of options you have more control over as opposed to getting mad about the players having the audacity to call you out for something that was obviously classless?

DBCooper
10-14-2013, 02:17 PM

Yep, making them shine with their own stupidity.

And the more they rationalize the argument the more asinine they look.

Big52Hurt
10-14-2013, 02:26 PM
sup fellas? although I live on the east coast now, I use to live in Texas for 8 years. I know that Texans aren't as bad as the picture that is being painted about them and the Texans fan base at the moment. to boo a fallen player for your franchise that has played to the best of his ability for you over the years is poor. but, I know that it wasn't every Texans fan in the stadium. so, what is the status on Schaub?

Pollardized
10-14-2013, 02:38 PM
This whole topic has been blown completely out of proportion, and a lot of it came from the players themselves. After yesterday's game, when asked by the media what they thought of fans' cheering Schaub's injury, a more appropriate player response would have been along the lines of "we really don't pay attention to that stuff. Some people are always going to find joy in others' misery. There will be fans who support us even when we aren't playing our best. So i'm not focused on that. What i am concerned with is how we can play better as a team and give our true fans something positive to cheer for. We need to do a better job on the field protecting Matt so those kinds of things don't happen. Before we start calling out fans over their actions we need to do a better job controlling our anger and frustration on the field so we can eliminate the stupid personal foul penalties that seem to happen every game."

HJam72
10-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Better: We don't pay any attention to that, but we promise we see the problem and we're doing our best to get Matt cut. :ahhaha:

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 02:45 PM
This whole topic has been blown completely out of proportion, and a lot of it came from the players themselves. After yesterday's game, when asked by the media what they thought of fans' cheering Schaub's injury, a more appropriate player response would have been along the lines of "we really don't pay attention to that stuff. Some people are always going to find joy in others' misery. There will be fans who support us even when we aren't playing our best. So i'm not focused on that. What i am concerned with is how we can play better as a team and give our true fans something positive to cheer for. We need to do a better job on the field protecting Matt so those kinds of things don't happen. Before we start calling out fans over their actions we need to do a better job controlling our anger and frustration on the field so we can eliminate the stupid personal foul penalties that seem to happen every game."

what a bunch of bs, their disgust with fans cheering an injury is totally separate from how they played or didnt play

TexansFight
10-14-2013, 02:45 PM
Are you kidding? Texans PR halting news and player interviews?

Like they stepped in and cut off interviews to Travis Johnson when he was going off on the lineman a few years ago that chopped him at the knees. They have done it before. I am not saying blocking access. Just telling them that the organization does not want the fans to be bashed anymore.

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Like they stepped in and cut off interviews to Travis Johnson when he was going off on the lineman a few years ago that chopped him at the knees. They have done it before. I am not saying blocking access. Just telling them that the organization does not want the fans to be bashed anymore.

so they were going to stop news stations from running with stories ?

maybe they too were disgusted with the fan reaction

dalemurphy
10-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Look, this is apart of the job. Marines know what they are signing up for. You are playing in the g'damn NFL and can have generations of your family set if you're smart with the money. I'd take that deal anyday knowing I would get hurt.

You don't get it. I find this subject quite ironic after the recent titled threade: Accountability- which was targeted at Kubiak and the Texan organization not having any "accountability".

Ironic, because I am seeing fans not be accountable for their actions and behavior. Like you, for instance. The amount of money that a football player makes is entirely irrelevant from the discussion about whether people should treat one another with some level of respect and compassion. Fans that behaved as we have discussed were modeling the worst of humanity.

Attempting to argue that one's behavior towards another is acceptable simply because of some silly cost-benefit analysis illustrates a level of ignorance and a lack of accountability that is hard to understand.

For example, if I faced a near death experience resulting from a negligent doctor... but, due to that experience, my life and the life of my family was richer because of an increased value/appreciation for each day, I may eventually be "glad/grateful" for the experience of almost dying...

Still, I would not looking too kindly on that doctor justifying his actions by saying, "Hey, his life is better for it... He should be grateful it happened. I did him a favor. See how happy he is and how well his life is going, if anything, he owes me."

Pollardized
10-14-2013, 03:00 PM
what a bunch of bs, their disgust with fans cheering an injury is totally separate from how they played or didnt play

What a bunch of horseshiit. I never said their disgust with fans impacted how they played in that game. I said they should remove themselves from that discussion and focus on the important matter at hand - the job they do to earn their paycheck going forward. When you play a professional sport you are under constant scrutiny by fans and media. The media will always look for a story, and fans booing an ineffective, injured quarterback can be a story. But to see players who are underperforming on the field, making stupid penalties out of frustration which could lead to injuries worse than Schaubs, then calling out fans for venting their own frustrations in a way that they didn't agree with is very sad. I'm not saying I agree with cheering for an injury. I'm just saying the players need to look in the mirror and around the locker room before they call out anyone at this point in their season. This was a topic the players should have left for the talking heads and message board warriors to fight about.

Vinny
10-14-2013, 03:02 PM
You don't get it. I find this subject quite ironic after the recent titled threade: Accountability- which was targeted at Kubiak and the Texan organization not having any "accountability".

Ironic, because I am seeing fans not be accountable for their actions and behavior. Like you, for instance. The amount of money that a football player makes is entirely irrelevant from the discussion about whether people should treat one another with some level of respect and compassion. Fans that behaved as we have discussed were modeling the worst of humanity.

Attempting to argue that one's behavior towards another is acceptable simply because of some silly cost-benefit analysis illustrates a level of ignorance and a lack of accountability that is hard to understand.

For example, if I faced a near death experience resulting from a negligent doctor... but, due to that experience, my life and the life of my family was richer because of an increased value/appreciation for each day, I may eventually be "glad/grateful" for the experience of almost dying...

Still, I would not looking too kindly on that doctor justifying his actions by saying, "Hey, his life is better for it... He should be grateful it happened. I did him a favor. See how happy he is and how well his life is going, if anything, he owes me."
"wrongful booing" isn't exactly a criminal offense. It's low class, but just what "accountability" do you suggest? A warrant out for their arrest? A time-out in the Stadium corner? I think we as fans (and I'm not lumping the players in this), and the media are giving this way too much lip service. Yeah, it sucks so many people are just morons, but really, is it a revelation?

Dan B.
10-14-2013, 03:06 PM
"wrongful booing" isn't exactly a criminal offense. It's low class, but just what "accountability" do you suggest? A warrant out for their arrest? A time-out in the Stadium corner? I think we as fans (and I'm not lumping the players in this), and the media are giving this way too much lip service. Yeah, it sucks so many people are just morons, but really, is it a revelation?

I think they should get their ankles broken.

It's cool though. I'm not rooting for all the loudmouth fans to get hurt. Just the ones that make a lot of money. Also, it's not really bad because I just want other fans to get a chance to buy the tickets.

Brisco_County
10-14-2013, 03:07 PM

You're relying way too much on the income argument to justify crappy behavior. First of all, expectations of respect do not change because someone makes more money than you. Secondly, you should focus on yourself and being a decent person regardless of other people and their status. You're making excuses for people to act like douches.

dalemurphy
10-14-2013, 03:11 PM

Vinny, I have booed at the stadium. I'm not opposed to booing. What is troublesome and a bit revelatory for me are all the fans' justifications for their behavior. Particularly, this concept that their jealousy justifies treating another human being anyone they choose. I've seen this a lot: "they make a ton of money, so ..."

I wonder how the same people making that justification would feel if minority groups practiced that mentality: "he's a white male-and has every privilege in society, so I'll steal from him if I want to... he still has more money than I'll ever have."

There was a lot of hate evidenced by the fans on Sunday. It's hard to put a finger on a specific action but it was clear. I thought it was ill-advised to boo Schaub at the beginning of the game (not sure how that is good for the team). I found it revealing that the loudest booing of the game was directed at Schaub immediately after the K.Martin fumble and TD return... There is something appalling about a group of people channeling all their frustration and anger towards one person, who clearly is not primarily at fault. I guess that's it- when the booing was no longer voicing displeasure at/towards things that are reasonable... once it was clearly about hate and no longer had logical merit, I think many people recognized something was very wrong.

bOODRO87
10-14-2013, 03:16 PM
No one is forcing Matt to play in the NFL. It's his choice. He's made plenty of money during his tenure to invest into doing something else. He hasn't done anything heroic like a fire fighter, cop, or soldier. He plays a position that gets pounded in a contact sport and he makes way more money than 99% of us will ever see. Am I going to feel bad for a hurt cage diver who's getting into chum-filled water around Great Whites? No. Am I going to feel bad for a hurt animal handler who deals with large cats? No. These people choose their profession knowing the consequences. They are VERY rich pawns in a violent game.

I would understand the outrage if he was laying there out cold, but that didn't happen and it was his ankle. Call me desensitized. I don't care.

Tailgate
10-14-2013, 03:21 PM
No one is forcing Matt to play in the NFL. It's his choice. He's made plenty of money during his tenure to invest into doing something else. He hasn't done anything heroic like a fire fighter, cop, or soldier. He plays a position that gets pounded in a contact sport and he makes way more money than 99% of us will ever see. Am I going to feel bad for a hurt cage diver who's getting into chum-filled water around Great Whites? No. Am I going to feel bad for a hurt animal handler who deals with large cats? No. These people choose their profession knowing the consequences. They are VERY rich pawns in a violent game.

I would understand the outrage if he was laying there out cold, but that didn't happen and it was his ankle. Call me desensitized. I don't care.

Can I just call you classless? Because thats what we are really talking about here aren't we?

Brisco_County
10-14-2013, 03:26 PM

They're still people. You should focus on yourself and not try to rationalize douchery.

buddyboy
10-14-2013, 03:30 PM
He has been complaining about the fans for weeks now so it's the same thing smart guy. What do you think those big tv screens are up for in the stadium. All I'm simply saying is as a professional or team who cares what the fans are doing? Get your priorities straight on the football field then at that point everyone is happy. Fans pay to see the game and players get paid to play the game that hasn't changed. Players and coaches need to do their jobs regardless of the negativity of people viewing the game this is another mental weakness going on with this franchise especially with Schaub who I believe is straight up scared.

I'd be willing to bet when Andre has been "complaining" about the fans, it's been to direct questions from the media. "How do you feel about fans cheering Matt's injury?" What do you expect him to say? I honestly haven't seen him complaining about the fans in the past few weeks, you may very well be right. I'd love to see the actual interview questions though for context.

Smart guy.

Wolf
10-14-2013, 03:32 PM
I think some were booing because they know with Matt out then it hurts their chances with their defense in fantasy football to score some major points in league play

:kitten:

Blake
10-14-2013, 03:42 PM
I find it ironic that Cushing is calling those 'Schaub injury cheering fans' barbaric. Has he watched his mic'ed up videos lately? el oh el

Alot of Texans fans have been very patient, paid alot of money and spent alot of their free time following and cheering on this team as they take baby steps towards their goal.

Whether or not you agree with a fans reaction I think the real story is the Texans organization flushing another year down the toilet right before your eyes. They have the coaching, they have the roster and they have the home field advantage and now they have a 4 game losing streak. Its sad. And all you are going to get is an "aw shucks" and "see you next year. Bring money."

djohn2oo8
10-14-2013, 03:45 PM
LMAO Kubiak saying Schaub played better and moved the ball.

DX-TEX
10-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans 4m
Schaub starting at KC will be an end of the week decision. "I'll prepare both Case and T.J." Kubiak #Texans

There is no way Schaub will play Sunday. His ankle was twisted almost 180 degrees!

Craig.
10-14-2013, 04:00 PM
This thread should pretty much put an end to all future threads bashing Cowboys fans.

Unreal.

cstyle42
10-14-2013, 04:04 PM

Matt Schaub will play next week if he can show he can stand up and at least move without limping.

Runner
10-14-2013, 04:04 PM
This thread has served its purpose of deflecting attention away from Kubiak and the Texans pathetic performance yesterday and most of this season.

dalemurphy
10-14-2013, 04:06 PM
This thread should pretty much put an end to all future threads bashing Cowboys fans.

Unreal.

Good point. Cowboy fandom + Jerrah + Switzer is what turned me into a Texan fan after 20 years of Cowboy fandom. I have been incredibly critical of them.

As a Texan fan, that moral high ground no longer resonates, that is for sure.

steelbtexan
10-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Good point. Cowboy fandom + Jerrah + Switzer is what turned me into a Texan fan after 20 years of Cowboy fandom. I have been incredibly critical of them.

As a Texan fan, that moral high ground no longer resonates, that is for sure.

Why do you feel the need for a moral high ground when it comes to cheering for a professional sports team.

All I care about is W/L. I cheer when they win and there hasn't been much to cheer about over on Kirby this yr. This team really could be 0-6. I get this feeling this season is going to be 2010 or worse if they cant beat Jacksonville.

Focus needs to be on what to do in the future, like firing Rick/Gary/Schaub etc.... too bad we cant fire BoB like we fired Bud.

gary
10-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Question, does the fact that some people are where they are bother you? If so, it shouldn't. Love life. Have fun. Business is the way it is.

2012Champs
10-14-2013, 05:08 PM

What was Schaub's performance yesterday?

dalemurphy
10-14-2013, 05:12 PM
Why do you feel the need for a moral high ground when it comes to cheering for a professional sports team.

All I care about is W/L. I cheer when they win and there hasn't been much to cheer about over on Kirby this yr. This team really could be 0-6. I get this feeling this season is going to be 2010 or worse if they cant beat Jacksonville.

Focus needs to be on what to do in the future, like firing Rick/Gary/Schaub etc.... too bad we cant fire BoB like we fired Bud.

I don't "feel the need for a moral high ground"... However, I certainly care about things other than wins and losses. I would rather be 9-7 and like the guys I'm rooting for than 14-2 and not respect them as people... I know that all organizations have "good" guys and "bad" guys, but it is also clear that organizations have different value structures and priorities. I for one, love Bob McNair's organization right now, even in the midst of a disappointing season.

Of course, I'm still quite hopeful this season turns around. I think it has the potential to be a wonderful season and I am still four losses away from being convinced otherwise... Bright side, for instance, is that we will own almost every tie-breaker within the division and conference if we get to 9 or 10 wins- given that 3 of our 4 losses are to the NFC... I'm sure that seems like silly optimism to you, Steel, but the season remains fun for me until no hope remains. I still think 2009 was the most entertaining season as a fan. So, I'm sort of looking forward to this uphill climb that we are stuck hoping for.

Fred
10-14-2013, 05:53 PM
Matt Schaub will play next week if he can show he can stand up and at least move without limping.

That maybe setting the bar too high. Schaub hasn't moved without limping since about 4th grade...

Brisco_County
10-14-2013, 05:54 PM

Unreal.

As with the media, you can't allow the vocal minority to define the whole.

BTW, awesome Sledge Hammer avatar.

TexansFight
10-14-2013, 07:36 PM
This thread has served its purpose of deflecting attention away from Kubiak and the Texans pathetic performance yesterday and most of this season.

The Texans PR are doing a fine job of deflecting blame. Too many idiots being into the bull**** being spewed on Kirby.

CloakNNNdagger
10-14-2013, 08:21 PM
On 610 this evening, Schaub stated that he was NOT dealing with a KNEE injury, but said that he was dealing with both an ANKLE AND a FOOT injury.

He said that he felt and heard a "pop" when it happened. It therefore would have to be at least a Grade II......we just don't know how many of the 3 supporting ligaments are involved........and still don't know the extent of Lisfranc foot aggravation.

houstonhurricane
10-14-2013, 09:21 PM
On 610 this evening, Schaub stated that he was NOT dealing with a KNEE injury, but said that he was dealing with both an ANKLE AND a FOOT injury.

He said that he felt and heard a "pop" when it happened. It therefore would have to be at least a Grade II......we just don't know how many of the 3 supporting ligaments are involved........and still don't know the extent of Lisfranc foot aggravation.

Cloak, why are they calling him an end of the week decision then? Sounds fairly serious...

Showtime100
10-14-2013, 09:33 PM
I guess I don't have to wonder what many in the greater Houston area are thinking about Schaub...lol.

I got this off a friend's post on Facebook.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Texans/1377442_10151906323037192_1189481680_n_zps98e21082 .jpg

thunderkyss
10-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Cloak, why are they calling him an end of the week decision then? Sounds fairly serious...

Yeah, & what kind of injections are they talking about?

CloakNNNdagger
10-14-2013, 09:45 PM

Just playing silly games. They think that KC will still have to prepare for all the Texans QBs, including Schaub. The type of injury that he described does not usually max out as far as swelling and pain at 24 hours, rather not until ~ 48 hours post injury..........despite taping and bracing and "injections. With his likely inability to even walk comfortably by Sunday, if they put him out there, they will have decided to complete the Roman Coliseum concept of having the Chiefs put a fork in him.

Rey
10-15-2013, 12:54 AM
I think Schaub took his last snap in a texans uniform on Sunday.

I'm no doctor, but I think win or lose this Sunday it doesn't make sense to go back to Matt. If we win, we should stick with whatever change we made. If we lose that about cements the season being over.

I don't see him playing the weekend. Not with how that ankle bent and based on what doc is saying.

Scooter
10-15-2013, 01:15 AM
i just feel like reiterating that it's absolutely disgusting to cheer an injury, and incomprehensible for the fan to show up at his house earlier this week. i get that many are angry at schaub, i am too. i get that a whole lot of folks would be glad if he came up with something relatively minor that kept him out of the game (a position i may or may not agree with). but that's not a robot at quarterback, it's a good man doing a job. a man who's great in the community. a man who once the helmet comes off is a husband and father. remember that the next time you get pissed off at a game.

houston has one of the greatest fan bases in the league. but we have a minority that rivals even philly with how nasty they can become.

thunderkyss
10-15-2013, 08:00 AM
I think Schaub took his last snap in a texans uniform on Sunday.

I'm no doctor, but I think win or lose this Sunday it doesn't make sense to go back to Matt. If we win, we should stick with whatever change we made. If we lose that about cements the season being over.

I don't see him playing the weekend. Not with how that ankle bent and based on what doc is saying.

From our perspective... I agree with you. But if Gary truly thinks Schaub gives us the best chance, & I can't see how he would think that way, but... I wouldn't be surprised to see Schaub out there this Sunday.

CloakNNNdagger
10-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Yeah, & what kind of injections are they talking about?

Since these are all supposedly ligament injuries, I am sure they are speaking of Platelet-Rich Plasma injections (PRP). Although blood is mainly a liquid (called plasma), it also contains small solid components (red cells, white cells, and platelets.) The platelets are best known for their importance in clotting blood. However, platelets also contain hundreds of proteins called growth factors which are very important in the healing of injuries. PRP is plasma with many more platelets than what is typically found in blood. The concentration of platelets — and, thereby, the concentration of growth factors — can be 5 to 10 times greater (or richer) than usual. To develop a PRP preparation, blood must first be drawn from a patient. The platelets are separated from other blood cells and their concentration is increased through centrifugation. Then the increased concentration of platelets is combined with the remaining blood for injection.

Much of the publicity PRP therapy has received has been about the treatment of acute sports injuries, such as ligament and muscle injuries. PRP has been used to treat professional athletes with common sports injuries like pulled hamstring muscles in the thigh and knee sprains. There is no definitive scientific evidence, however, that PRP therapy actually improves the healing process in these types of injuries.

The exception seems to be in cases of chronic tendonitis. For example, in elbow tendonitis, a condition commonly seen in tennis players, the tendon can become swollen, inflamed, and painful. A mixture of PRP and local anesthetic can be injected directly into this inflamed tissue. As I've posted before, pain in a ligament injury site will classically increase NOT DECREASE through the 48 hour to 1 week postinjury period. After PRP injections, the pain at the area of injections will classically increase even more for the first week or two, and it may be several weeks before the patient begins to feel a beneficial effect.

Currently, however, the research studies to back up the claims in the media are totally lacking. Although PRP does appear to be effective in the treatment of specifically chronic tendon injuries about the elbow (example above), there needs to be much more scientific evidence before it can be determined whether PRP therapy is truly effective in any other conditions.

Bulls on Parade
10-15-2013, 09:23 AM
So is the plan for Schaub to sit out the Chiefs game but then be ready for the Colts at home following the bye week? Why haven't the Texans signed a veteran free agent like Vince Young or Tim Tebow? Guys who at least have a winning record as a starter in this league and would be exciting to watch make plays, or should I say extending some plays with their legs if nothing else.

The Vikings were quick to pounce on Josh Freeman and the Bills already signed Matt Flynn. I just want somebody new for the rest of the season until we can draft somebody in April.

Of course Matt Schaub, sadly enough, is our best option right now. He's not exactly going up against stiff competition in T.J. Yates, who I'd argue is worse despite being more mobile, and Case Keenum - the kid is never even active on gamedays but I'd love to see what he can do.

Ultimately, I'm ready for the QB deep draft in April. There will be a handful of quarterbacks who could be potential franchise guys. We should be able to land one in the first or second round. Maybe even third round but I'd rather get somebody on day one.

2012Champs
10-15-2013, 10:43 AM
So is the plan for Schaub to sit out the Chiefs game but then be ready for the Colts at home following the bye week? Why haven't the Texans signed a veteran free agent like Vince Young or Tim Tebow? Guys who at least have a winning record as a starter in this league and would be exciting to watch make plays, or should I say extending some plays with their legs if nothing else.

The Vikings were quick to pounce on Josh Freeman and the Bills already signed Matt Flynn. I just want somebody new for the rest of the season until we can draft somebody in April.

Of course Matt Schaub, sadly enough, is our best option right now. He's not exactly going up against stiff competition in T.J. Yates, who I'd argue is worse despite being more mobile, and Case Keenum - the kid is never even active on gamedays but I'd love to see what he can do.

Ultimately, I'm ready for the QB deep draft in April. There will be a handful of quarterbacks who could be potential franchise guys. We should be able to land one in the first or second round. Maybe even third round but I'd rather get somebody on day one.

Are you fing serious? Why havent the texans signed two QBs who couldnt make it as backups in the NFL? Its as though you dont even pay attention

silvrhand
10-15-2013, 10:48 AM
If the Texans sign Vince "Sausage" Young, I'll never come to another game and will be putting my PSL's up for sale.

silvrhand
10-15-2013, 10:52 AM
i just feel like reiterating that it's absolutely disgusting to cheer an injury, and incomprehensible for the fan to show up at his house earlier this week. i get that many are angry at schaub, i am too. i get that a whole lot of folks would be glad if he came up with something relatively minor that kept him out of the game (a position i may or may not agree with). but that's not a robot at quarterback, it's a good man doing a job. a man who's great in the community. a man who once the helmet comes off is a husband and father. remember that the next time you get pissed off at a game.

houston has one of the greatest fan bases in the league. but we have a minority that rivals even philly with how nasty they can become.

Can we get over that already, the media hyped it up far more than what it was, yes a few people cheered, it wasn't like the entire stadium was giving him a standing ovation. When he stood up and walked off the field he got more a lot more cheers, now it's debatable if that's because TJ was coming in or him going off, but none the less the media has completely acted like we were on the sideline kicking him in the ankle.

thunderkyss
10-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Are you fing serious? Why havent the texans signed two QBs who couldnt make it as backups in the NFL? Its as though you dont even pay attention

I agree with you on VY & Tebow. & I'm a VY fan, would love to see him be successful in the NFL. But the Packers said no thank you & went with an unknown. Buffalo said no thank you & went with a talentless unknown.

At the same time, Smithiak not bringing in QBs since way back in the offseason leads you to believe they don't see a QB problem.... We know there was a good chance Schaub wasn't going to make it through the season. Whether you want to call him injury prone or not, it's reality. If their goal truly was Super Bowl..... & Tj looked like he did coming in for Schaub, both times... it really makes you wonder.

This is a talented team & I felt we could win with Matt. Never thought Matt was going to lead us there, but he wasn't going to stop us either. I can see them thinking we can do it with Tj if he takes care of the ball, but I didn't see anything the last two opportunities he had that would suggest as much.

Dread-Head
10-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Never been one of Schaub's cheerleaders, but the way people cheered when he got hurt was classless.

DX-TEX
10-15-2013, 11:52 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWoc4kZCYAE0s4R.png:large

Yeah he isn't playing this week

cstyle42
10-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Never been one of Schaub's cheerleaders, but the way people cheered when he got hurt was classless.

The fans aren't playing quarterback and making millions Schaub is and classless or not those players need to be focusing on doing their jobs. Every fan is different and so is every player. But the score on that scoreboard is the true representation of the BS that they're producing on the field.

CloakNNNdagger
10-15-2013, 12:02 PM
Courtesy of JJo

Paul Gallant ‏@PaulyGRadio

Johnathan Joseph on cheering Schaub injury: "They gonna do that, don't show the f*ck up" #Texans

2012Champs
10-15-2013, 12:03 PM
The fans aren't playing quarterback and making millions Schaub is and classless or not those players need to be focusing on doing their jobs. Every fan is different and so is every player. But the score on that scoreboard is the true representation of the BS that they're producing on the field.

You and others who keep bringing money up just further show how ignorant you are and the fact that you dont understand how foolish you look doing it. Stay classy and envious

2012Champs
10-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Courtesy of JJo

The fan's gave Schaub the locker room back if he is able to come back and play

DBCooper
10-15-2013, 12:06 PM
http://cdn.meme.li/i/hca35.jpg

deucetx
10-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Courtesy of JJo

Granted at the same time a fan could probably ask JJo when are the Texans going to actually show up?

thunderkyss
10-15-2013, 12:20 PM
The fan's gave Schaub the locker room back if he is able to come back and play

Exactly.

I just hope he comes out with a sense of urgency. Like his back is against the wall. I honestly don't see how he can not feel like his back is against the wall.

As long as Kubiak has a job, Matt's got a job. But if Matt don't turn something around, Kubiak may be looking for a new team as well. Can you imagine Kubiak & Schaub in Tampa Bay?

Bulls on Parade
10-15-2013, 12:52 PM
I was more or less being sarcastic but sadly, I'd rather see guys who are at least in good physical shape and can gain some positive yardage if the pass rush is too strong. As oppose to a guy who will just fall down like a wounded duck and is Mr. Automatic sack or turnover machine. Given the state of our offensive line these days, we'd be better off with a QB who can run. Making our backfield that much more stronger in the running game. We already have two of the better RBs in the league. Add another element with a QB who is a threat to take off and defenses would have a hard time trying to stop us - especially in the red zone where we struggle beyond belief.

Bulls on Parade
10-15-2013, 12:59 PM
I agree with you on VY & Tebow. & I'm a VY fan, would love to see him be successful in the NFL. But the Packers said no thank you & went with an unknown. Buffalo said no thank you & went with a talentless unknown.

At the same time, Smithiak not bringing in QBs since way back in the offseason leads you to believe they don't see a QB problem.... We know there was a good chance Schaub wasn't going to make it through the season. Whether you want to call him injury prone or not, it's reality. If their goal truly was Super Bowl..... & Tj looked like he did coming in for Schaub, both times... it really makes you wonder.

This is a talented team & I felt we could win with Matt. Never thought Matt was going to lead us there, but he wasn't going to stop us either. I can see them thinking we can do it with Tj if he takes care of the ball, but I didn't see anything the last two opportunities he had that would suggest as much.
I want to have fun and enjoy the rest of this season, win or lose. Even if we took a chance on a quarterback not on the roster right now, and they failed miserably, that would still land us a better draft pick in April so we can draft our future franchise QB. It's a win-win situation no matter what.

The bottom line is this team is boring to watch with Matt Schaub and T.J Yates is even worse. I love Matt Schaub but he's no longer the reliable quarterback he used to be. It's time to move on. That is why people were cheering when he was hurt. It was not to cheer on his injury, it was because they knew it would force Kubiak's hand to make a QB change.

cstyle42
10-15-2013, 01:03 PM
If the Texans sign Vince "Sausage" Young, I'll never come to another game and will be putting my PSL's up for sale.

If they win I don't care.

cstyle42
10-15-2013, 01:07 PM
You and others who keep bringing money up just further show how ignorant you are and the fact that you dont understand how foolish you look doing it. Stay classy and envious

What's foolish is to be grouping all Texans fans as fans that boo'd Schaub when in reality it wasn't even 20% of the crowd. What's foolish is go even bring up what the crowd is doing when your 2-4 as a football team saying it's super bowl or bust. Fans pay to see the game and players and coaches get paid to play and coach the game. That hasn't changed and that's the reality.

Bulls on Parade
10-15-2013, 01:13 PM
If they win I don't care.
Exactly right. I don't care who the quarterback is as long as we're winning games. And if we're going to lose games, like we've been doing with Matt Schaub, I'd rather it be with a more exciting guy to watch. One that isn't going to just fall down and take a sack, or force an interception and poor throw every time he sees a strong pass rush. I've been craving an athletic and more mobile quarterback here in Houston for a long time. Why can't we catch on with the rest of the NFL? Hopefully Case Keenum makes the start at Kansas City on Sunday. I've seen enough of T.J. Yates myself. If Keenum fails then so be it. At least I'd have enjoyed watching the kid play.

cstyle42
10-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Exactly.

I just hope he comes out with a sense of urgency. Like his back is against the wall. I honestly don't see how he can not feel like his back is against the wall.

As long as Kubiak has a job, Matt's got a job. But if Matt don't turn something around, Kubiak may be looking for a new team as well. Can you imagine Kubiak & Schaub in Tampa Bay?

Schaub plays at his worst when his back is against the wall. Pressure is his biggest fear mentally and physically. Kubiak knows that and shows you he knows it by trying to protect him by his playcalling but it's got to a point now that he can't even do that. I knew this time was coming 4 years ago. See... lies get weaker over time but the truth does nothing but get stronger and stronger with time. The thing about truth is it does two things it either COMFORTS or OFFENDS. So I'm not surprised to see so many of us fans offended but the ones that knew are comforted in the fact that now this city has to face what Kubiak and Schaub really are.

cstyle42
10-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Exactly right. I don't care who the quarterback is as long as we're winning games. And if we're going to lose games, like we've been doing with Matt Schaub, I'd rather it be with a more exciting guy to watch. One that isn't going to just fall down and take a sack, or force an interception and poor throw every time he sees a strong pass rush. I've been craving an athletic and more mobile quarterback here in Houston for a long time. Why can't we catch on with the rest of the NFL? Hopefully Case Keenum makes the start at Kansas City on Sunday. I've seen enough of T.J. Yates myself. If Keenum fails then so be it. At least I'd have enjoyed watching the kid play.

I agree. I just wish that the the pressure Foster gets from Tate we had a qb that can put the same pressure on Schaub. Over the years Kubiak prevented that from happening. Case may be the guy I've seen too much potential in him and I know a good qb when I see one. I just think this is a good ol boy system in terms of the favoritism and loyalty kubiak shows to some areas of the team versus others and when your goal is to truly win a superbowl you gotta cut shat like that out.

dalemurphy
10-15-2013, 01:33 PM
I agree. I just wish that the the pressure Foster gets from Tate we had a qb that can put the same pressure on Schaub. Over the years Kubiak prevented that from happening. Case may be the guy I've seen too much potential in him and I know a good qb when I see one. I just think this is a good ol boy system in terms of the favoritism and loyalty kubiak shows to some areas of the team versus others and when your goal is to truly win a superbowl you gotta cut shat like that out.

Is your assessment that much better than the rest of the NFL? The guy went undrafted and you dream up a conspiracy rather than realizing that nobody that matters in the NFL give Case Keenum a thought.... Well, except Gary Kubiak.

htowntexans1985
10-15-2013, 01:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWov1KjCcAAzoHk.png

Gary gives no ******** about the extent of Schaubs injury. Lol

Bulls on Parade
10-15-2013, 01:43 PM
If Case Keenum were a couple inches taller he'd have been drafted in the 5th or 6th round. Let's not overlook why teams passed on him. It wasn't just because they feared he was a system quarterback at U of H. But this kid can flat out play and sling the ball around. I just want him to pump some life into our boring and dead team.

We need something to spark the entire team. That sure as hell isn't coming from an injured and slow Matt Schaub, and a horrible T.J. Yates. If we want to keep losing games and finish the season 4-12 then by all means, keep staring Schaub or let's play Yates. But don't become upset after another frustrating loss.

bOODRO87
10-15-2013, 01:49 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oE5NQxNgNC4/T6nGWMVVw1I/AAAAAAAAALU/hRYCiU0Hhqs/s1600/think-of-the-children.jpg

dalemurphy
10-15-2013, 02:01 PM
If Case Keenum were a couple inches taller he'd have been drafted in the 5th or 6th round. Let's not overlook why teams passed on him. It wasn't just because they feared he was a system quarterback at U of H. But this kid can flat out play and sling the ball around. I just want him to pump some life into our boring and dead team.

We need something to spark the entire team. That sure as hell isn't coming from an injured and slow Matt Schaub, and a horrible T.J. Yates. If we want to keep losing games and finish the season 4-12 then by all means, keep staring Schaub or let's play Yates. But don't become upset after another frustrating loss.

I like keenum, and I am hopeful that he ends up being a good NFL QB. It. Is possible. I like what I saw in the preseason.

There is no reason to manifest a conspiracy to explain why the head coach hasn't started a 2nd year Udfa QB who has never played a regular season down. Stop acting like Kubiak is trying to keep Keenum down. He is the one coach that has illustrated some belief in the guy... He signed him and also uncharacteristicly used a roster spot to protect him this season.

cstyle42
10-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Is your assessment that much better than the rest of the NFL? The guy went undrafted and you dream up a conspiracy rather than realizing that nobody that matters in the NFL give Case Keenum a thought.... Well, except Gary Kubiak.

This is Case's second year on the team my biggest point of my rant was that Kubiak refused to bring in QB and let that QB give Matt Schaub true competition over the years he has coached him. I could see if Matt Schaub was elite but he never was and Schaub was never pushed in training camp like other key players in other key positions on the team. I have faith in Keenum because he has faith in himself and has showed at least that in the limited opportunities he has been given.

Dishman
10-15-2013, 02:11 PM

Were you making that same argument against Foster when he was undrafted? By your logic no one in the NFL gave Arian Foster a thought... Well, except Gary Kubiak.

Rey
10-15-2013, 02:17 PM

I think everyone knows case is a longshot.

Carr Bombed
10-15-2013, 02:42 PM

Ironic, because I am seeing fans not be accountable for their actions and behavior.

:rolleyes: The fans were held "accountable" when they had to pay for overpriced parking, game day tickets, and then had to swallow overpriced beer just so they could be able to sit through the game they witnessed Sunday.

The fans have paid and have been paying their due for decades. What you witnessed Sunday was pent up frustration from a fan base that's tired of being held "accountable" and a fan base that's tired of paying dues. They want to see the fruits of their investment to start paying off. Matt Schaub was just a easy target.. but hey, setting NFL records for pick 6's will put you in the crosshairs.

dalemurphy
10-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Were you making that same argument against Foster when he was undrafted? By your logic no one in the NFL gave Arian Foster a thought... Well, except Gary Kubiak.

I didn't need to make the argument, because when he was not active for most of his rookie year, people weren't accusing Kubiak of keeping him on the bench due to some "good old boy code".

Again, I like Keenum and am interested in seeing what he can do. My issue is the ridiculous notion that he hasn't started yet because of loyalty or a lack of accountability instead of the simple belief (a reasonable one) that he is not the team's best chance to win right now.... Clearly, with Schaub's injury, that pendulum has shifted, and he is rightly being considered this week.

Realize also, that in a very similar situation, the genius coach: Bill Bellichick only went to the benchwarmer, Tom Brady, after Drew Bledsoe was injured (not because of his poor play and the team's losing)... Then, when Bledsoe was healthy again, late in the season, after Brady had led the team into the playoffs, I believe he reinsterted Bledsoe (who was hurt again). There is nothing mysterious or peculiar about an NFL head coach trusting the veteran QB over a late round/undrafted QB lacking NFL game experience.

dalemurphy
10-15-2013, 02:52 PM
:rolleyes: The fans were held "accountable" when they had to pay for overpriced parking, game day tickets, and then had to swallow overpriced beer just so they could be able to sit through the game they witnessed Sunday.

The fans have paid and have been paying their due for decades. What you witnessed Sunday was pent up frustration from a fan base that's tired of being held "accountable" and a fan base that's tired of paying dues. They want to see the fruits of their investment to start paying off. Matt Schaub was just a easy target.. but hey, setting NFL records for pick 6's will put you in the crosshairs.

You are under no obligation to continue to pay for the product if you believe it is not a good value. You can probably sell your PSLs for a significant profit and certainly unload your tickets this year for some profit... By the way, if you want to talk about a lack of accountability and poor decision-making, there are few examples better than someone spending $7.00 on a bud light and then complaining about getting robbed. I'm pretty sure you could go 3 hours without a beer at that price, especially given the fact that tailgating is encouraged.

Are you a new member to the anti-Kubiak crowd? Because if your opinion of him has been what it is now, then you surely knew what you were risking when you agreed to the terms and conditions of the season tickets this year.

I, by the way, was a season ticket holder from the first season until the middle of last season. I thought the value was quite good, with exception of the 2005 season, one in which I did significant booing from the stands, largely in response to a clear lack of effort on the field and lack of respect to the game of football. Still, though, I did not boo injuries or unload blame onto a single football player that was giving effort.

Carr Bombed
10-15-2013, 03:06 PM
You are under no obligation to continue to pay for the product if you believe it is not a good value. You can probably sell your PSLs for a significant profit and certainly unload your tickets this year for some profit... By the way, if you want to talk about a lack of accountability and poor decision-making, there are few examples better than someone spending $7.00 on a bud light and then complaining about getting robbed. I'm pretty sure you could go 3 hours without a beer at that price, especially given the fact that tailgating is encouraged.

Are you a new member to the anti-Kubiak crowd? Because if your opinion of him has been what it is now, then you surely knew what you were risking when you agreed to the terms and conditions of the season tickets this year.

I, by the way, was a season ticket holder from the first season until the middle of last season. I thought the value was quite good, with exception of the 2005 season, one in which I did significant booing from the stands, largely in response to a clear lack of effort on the field and lack of respect to the game of football. Still, though, I did not boo injuries or unload blame onto a single football player that was giving effort.

Well good for you,

And while I don't agree with cheering while someone is injured, I'm not going to say "fans need to be held accountable" either (speaking of which.. how do you want them to be held accountable?) or think it's somehow ironic that they aren't. Wrong or right, if you agree with or disagree with what they do.. the fans have paid their price and are entitled to express their opinion. You say fans are " under no obligation to continue to pay for the product".. That would be like me saying the players are under no obligation to continue playing if their little feelings get hurt by a couple of boos/cheers. Sorry, while it was in bad taste to cheer when Schaub went down, I'm not going to shed a tear when overpriced players who aren't meeting expectations are chastised by those paying their salaries.

HTown2ATX
10-15-2013, 03:18 PM
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc443/htownballa80/schaubstillstartinginwheelchair_zpsbd03267a.jpg (http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/htownballa80/media/schaubstillstartinginwheelchair_zpsbd03267a.jpg.ht ml)

2012Champs
10-15-2013, 03:22 PM
I was more or less being sarcastic but sadly, I'd rather see guys who are at least in good physical shape and can gain some positive yardage if the pass rush is too strong. As oppose to a guy who will just fall down like a wounded duck and is Mr. Automatic sack or turnover machine. Given the state of our offensive line these days, we'd be better off with a QB who can run. Making our backfield that much more stronger in the running game. We already have two of the better RBs in the league. Add another element with a QB who is a threat to take off and defenses would have a hard time trying to stop us - especially in the red zone where we struggle beyond belief.

Well neither VY or Tebow can make it in the nfl so you calling for them just shows lack of judgement

2012Champs
10-15-2013, 03:23 PM
What's foolish is to be grouping all Texans fans as fans that boo'd Schaub when in reality it wasn't even 20% of the crowd. What's foolish is go even bring up what the crowd is doing when your 2-4 as a football team saying it's super bowl or bust. Fans pay to see the game and players and coaches get paid to play and coach the game. That hasn't changed and that's the reality.

Im not sure anyone attempted to say all texans fan act in a certain way. For you to keep bringing up money someone makes to justify other issues is silly at best

HTown2ATX
10-15-2013, 03:27 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWov1KjCcAAzoHk.png

Gary gives no ******** about the extent of Schaubs injury. Lol

Just now seeing this after I posted it too lol! You beat me to it! I got it off our Austin Texans FB page, not sure who created it.

MSR

dalemurphy
10-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Well good for you,

And while I don't agree with cheering while someone is injured, I'm not going to say "fans need to be held accountable" either (speaking of which.. how do you want them to be held accountable?) or think it's somehow ironic that they aren't. Wrong or right, if you agree with or disagree with what they do.. the fans have paid their price and are entitled to express their opinion. You say fans are " under no obligation to continue to pay for the product".. That would be like me saying the players are under no obligation to continue playing if their little feelings get hurt by a couple of boos/cheers. Sorry, while it was in bad taste to cheer when Schaub went down, I'm not going to shed a tear when overpriced players who aren't meeting expectations are chastised by those paying their salaries.

I'm not shedding tears for Schaub...

But the idea that fans are victims is ludicrous. Nobody is twisting any fan's arm to buy tickets/beer. Not only that, but demand is still high... Your tickets and parking passes are valuable assets. So, anyone disappointed and surprised by this year's product can easily get a good return on the remaining tickets... I believe, also, that the Texan games are available on television for almost no money and you can buy a six pack of good beer for the price of one stadium beer.

I advise all discontent fans to be discerning consumers. It is actually not the fault of the NFL or McNair, but it is the fault of the fans that the tickets/parking passes/beer are priced what they are. Demand is high enough to justify it.

Carr Bombed
10-15-2013, 04:21 PM
I'm not shedding tears for Schaub...

But the idea that fans are victims is ludicrous. Nobody is twisting any fan's arm to buy tickets/beer. Not only that, but demand is still high... Your tickets and parking passes are valuable assets. So, anyone disappointed and surprised by this year's product can easily get a good return on the remaining tickets... I believe, also, that the Texan games are available on television for almost no money and you can buy a six pack of good beer for the price of one stadium beer.

I advise all discontent fans to be discerning consumers. It is actually not the fault of the NFL or McNair, but it is the fault of the fans that the tickets/parking passes/beer are priced what they are. Demand is high enough to justify it.

Who said fans are victims? We're simply saying they've paid their price and are free to voice their opinion without people questioning if they should be held "accountable". Speaking of which, how would you go about holding them accountable? Do you want the Texans to create some kind of gestapo that snatches up fans who boo or express a negative view towards their team?

disaacks3
10-15-2013, 04:31 PM
He signed him and also uncharacteristicly used a roster spot to protect him this season. That couldn't be because you can see enough of that potential for him to get taken off the PS by one of those other 31 teams? Nah, it must've been true love. :kitten:

I don't think Kubiak "hates" Case, I just think that he'll follow his standard "play the higher drafted guy almost no matter what" schtick as he's done before.

Im not sure anyone attempted to say all texans fan act in a certain way. For you to keep bringing up money someone makes to justify other issues is silly at best If you haven't seen it or heard it, that's on you. I've been bombarded with it ad nauseum since Sunday night.

From Newspapers, to PFT, to Facebook, to ESPN, NBC, ABC, (to comments on here regarding Houston fans don't deserve a championship), etc. - I'm damn tired of all the "classless Texans fans" comments that paint with sucha broad brush.

2012Champs
10-15-2013, 04:59 PM
That couldn't be because you can see enough of that potential for him to get taken off the PS by one of those other 31 teams? Nah, it must've been true love. :kitten:

I don't think Kubiak "hates" Case, I just think that he'll follow his standard "play the higher drafted guy almost no matter what" schtick as he's done before.

If you haven't seen it or heard it, that's on you. I've been bombarded with it ad nauseum since Sunday night.

From Newspapers, to PFT, to Facebook, to ESPN, NBC, ABC, (to comments on here regarding Houston fans don't deserve a championship), etc. - I'm damn tired of all the "classless Texans fans" comments that paint with sucha broad brush.

Most outlets I've seen pointed out it wasn't all fans

Oh and you don't deserve a championship, no fan base does

Vinny
10-15-2013, 05:02 PM
good gawd look what the Chronicle posted...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWpY6oxIUAECa6Q.jpg

cstyle42
10-15-2013, 05:05 PM
Im not sure anyone attempted to say all texans fan act in a certain way. For you to keep bringing up money someone makes to justify other issues is silly at best

NFL is business that makes money it will eventually get brought up that definitely makes more sense to talk about than making the fans accountable. Unless the tickets are paid for fans won't be at the game and players wouldn't be paid as much if at all. Players get upset and say things they don't necessarily mean but some players referred to texan fans. It could be comprehended as all texans fans when I know they were referring to the ones that cheered during the Schaub injury. That whole situation was hyped up by the media more than anything my whole point with that has been this teams focus needs to be about what they are doing on the field during the games not what fans are saying or doing in their seats.

Carr Bombed
10-15-2013, 05:06 PM
good gawd look what the Chronicle posted...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWpY6oxIUAECa6Q.jpg

:mcnugget: That's the final straw, I'm canceling my subscription.

cstyle42
10-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Is it ironic that a fan came to Matt Schaub's house and cursed him out then in the very same week Schaub gets on the field plays in ultra safe mode hoping not to make a mistake and ultimately ends up getting hurt... to me that sums up the football manhood and character of Matt Schaub. This guy... I don't know what to say other than Kubiak is definitely not making it any easier for the poor fella.

CloakNNNdagger
10-15-2013, 06:23 PM
Schaub said he heard and felt a "POP" which he thought was his ankle dislocating and relocating. This can happen with a grade II/III type of ligament tears. But, reviewing the play in slow motion over and over, I noticed something unique. It was evident that Schaub not only had his FOOT significantly INVERTED, but also DORSIFLEXED (pointing back up to his knee) severely. Certainly, no information has really been released. But this can be a classic presentation that fits an injury called "peroneal tendon subluxation." During the typical inversion ankle sprain, the foot rolls in. The forceful stretch on the peroneals can rip the retinaculum (part of the popping noise) that keeps the peroneal tendons positioned in the groove. [See diagrams below] As a result, the tendons can jump out of the groove (the other part of the popping noise). The tendons usually relocate by snapping back into place (completing the feeling the the ankle may have dislocated then relocated). But by then the damage is done, and the appropriate intelligent treatment is a boot/cast for 6 weeks...... most, if not all of that time non-weight-bearing. It should be noted, though, that non-surgical treatment is accompanied by ~50% recurrence rate in active athletes. This would normally result in either surgery or a retirement from the sport.

Normal anatomy:

http://www.eorthopod.com/sites/default/files/images/ankle_peroneal_sublux_anat02.jpg

During injury:

http://www.eorthopod.com/images/ContentImages/ankle/ankle_peroneal_subluxation/ankle_peroneal_sublux_intro01.jpg

Here is a short simple diagramatic video of this type of injury for anyone interested (no blood or gore).

VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwburRRaWe4)

Premier
10-15-2013, 06:55 PM
Is it ironic that a fan came to Matt Schaub's house and cursed him out

no one cussed out schaub or even approached him..

cstyle42
10-15-2013, 07:07 PM
no one cussed out schaub or even approached him..

You HPD?

thunderkyss
10-15-2013, 07:45 PM

& since some idi0t cheered when Schaub got injured, they'll probably jack prices up again.

Dishman
10-15-2013, 08:03 PM
You HPD?

Read for yourself.

However, the quarterback, who is married and has three daughters, said to his knowledge nobody showed up in his driveway and screamed obscenities.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9795996/nfl-eyes-fan-incident-home-matt-schaub-houston-texans

houstonhurricane
10-15-2013, 09:54 PM
Schaub said he heard and felt a "POP" which he thought was his ankle dislocating and relocating. This can happen with a grade II/III type of ligament tears. But, reviewing the play in slow motion over and over, I noticed something unique. It was evident that Schaub not only had his FOOT significantly INVERTED, but also DORSIFLEXED (pointing back up to his knee) severely. Certainly, no information has really been released. But this can be a classic presentation that fits an injury called "peroneal tendon subluxation." During the typical inversion ankle sprain, the foot rolls in. The forceful stretch on the peroneals can rip the retinaculum (part of the popping noise) that keeps the peroneal tendons positioned in the groove. [See diagrams below] As a result, the tendons can jump out of the groove (the other part of the popping noise). The tendons usually relocate by snapping back into place (completing the feeling the the ankle may have dislocated then relocated). But by then the damage is done, and the appropriate intelligent treatment is a boot/cast for 6 weeks...... most, if not all of that time non-weight-bearing. It should be noted, though, that non-surgical treatment is accompanied by ~50% recurrence rate in active athletes. This would normally result in either surgery or a retirement from the sport.

Normal anatomy:

http://www.eorthopod.com/sites/default/files/images/ankle_peroneal_sublux_anat02.jpg

During injury:

http://www.eorthopod.com/images/ContentImages/ankle/ankle_peroneal_subluxation/ankle_peroneal_sublux_intro01.jpg

Here is a short simple diagramatic video of this type of injury for anyone interested (no blood or gore).

VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwburRRaWe4)

I still can't figure out why Kubiak is saying they dodged a bullet and that they are shooting him up in hopes that he may somehow be able to suit up this week. Yes, while that is unlikely what you are pointing out here raises the possibility of a severe matter that they would be required to disclose in full sooner than later...