PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis Rams @ Houston Texans. Noon. 10/13. FOX. **Official Game Thread**

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ThaShark316
10-13-2013, 12:59 AM
I'm going down down baby, your street in a Range Rover

http://i42.tinypic.com/2wn6zxy.jpg

The Houston Texans are mired in their roughest stretch in almost two seasons, greatly because of some poor play from quarterback Matt Schaub.

Though coach Gary Kubiak called it a ''tough decision,'' he plans to stick with Schaub as the Texans try to avoid a fourth straight loss Sunday against the visiting St. Louis Rams.

After scoring 61 points to beat San Diego and Tennessee, Houston (2-3) has been outscored 87-32 during its first three-game slide since the final three weeks of the 2011 season. The two-time defending AFC South champions would match the longest losing streak of Kubiak's eight-year tenure with another loss Sunday.

"I think it's a huge game," said Kubiak, whose team has lost four straight home games versus NFC opponents. "It would be big either way, but, yeah, it's big because of what we've gone through these past three weeks.

"I see a group of guys that are very close, very committed to each other, very hurt ... the only way you fix things is you go back and play and do things better. I can't wait for that opportunity to get here."

Whether Schaub is as eager remains to be seen.

The 10-year veteran has thrown for eight touchdowns and two 300-yard games, but he ranks 26th in the NFL with a 76.9 passer rating mainly because he's totaled nine interceptions after having 12 all of last season. Three plays into last Sunday's 34-3 loss at San Francisco, Tramaine Brock returned Schaub's interception 18 yards for a TD, marking an NFL-record fourth consecutive game a quarterback has had a pick taken back for a score.

He was intercepted three times on the night and replaced late by T.J. Yates, who led Houston to its first playoff win when Schaub was hurt two seasons ago.

"I'm better than I'm playing and our team's better than we're playing right now," said Schaub, who has thrown two TDs and six INTs over the last three weeks.

Though Kubiak said the team "can't survive" if Schaub continues to make those kinds of mistakes, he's not ready to make a switch even though some Texans fans are burning Schaub jerseys and a sign over one Houston area freeway is calling for his ouster.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rams-texans-preview-171719111--nfl.html

http://i40.tinypic.com/icu72c.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/ri6w0h.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/155gq2t.jpg

More NFL.com expert picks: http://weeklypickem.fantasy.nfl.com/experts

What I want to see:

More rock poundage

Because, why not? Foster is looking more and more like the Foster we know and Tate (while I want to throttle him for fumbling in b2b weeks) is still running at a 6.2 ypc clip. The Rams are a little porous vs. the run, so it can't hurt to test that out.

Massive pressure on Bradford

He's been sacked 13 times in the last 3 weeks, so this is important. Cannot let him get comfortable in the pocket. The other number 8 in this game is very capable, but can be rather inconsistent. Job at hand today is to make him the latter.

Feed Graham the rock

Cannot stress this enough when it comes to passing the ball. There's no OD around, so I think this is key. Graham can be something bigger than he already is, so I say show this off.

Force some turnovers; minimize mistakes

-8 in G/T ratio. This has to stop. For a team that was so great at forcing TOs the last two years, the D hasn't been good in this department. If we can all remember the turnovers a team has forced, that to me is not good. Force a fumble, get a pick, anything. Also, the mistakes must CEASE. Bad penalties, Schaub's screw ups, fumbles, you name it. They have to stop; starting this week.

Back for the first time! Time to start a streak and get some consistency. Y'all know how that starts? Going 1-0 this week! Every week, that's the goal. Forget about Baltimore, Seattle and San Fran; those games are over and can't be made up. In other words: To hell with 'em. Let's get back to that winning side of things, and get something going, starting at home vs. STL. LET'S MUTHA****IN' GO, TEXANS!!

Vance87
10-13-2013, 01:01 AM
Let's just get a freaking W

NastyNate
10-13-2013, 01:03 AM
Let's duet.

Bulls on Parade
10-13-2013, 01:08 AM
The good and the bad?

The good: We should blow out the Rams today and win. Matt Schaub should have a big game and look good versus a weak Rams team. At 3-3 we'll head into Kansas City upbeat and with some good vibes as a team. Our season would still be riding on #8's shoulders.

The bad: If we lose despite being heavy favorites at home, and Matt Schaub plays poorly, we may finally make a permanent change at quarterback. With a 2-4 record, I think it would be time to try and save our season with a drastic change.

I don't agree with the people who say you are giving up on the season if you make a quarterback change. Especially if that guy has no confidence and is playing poorly.

It will either be this after today's game... :koolaid:

Or it will be this after today's game... :toropalm:

qqert
10-13-2013, 01:29 AM
OH YEAH BABY LETS GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWOWcfaCIAAWjZu.jpg

Malloy
10-13-2013, 04:39 AM
I don't want us to win. I want us to trash the rams, whipe them out and put 50 points on them. I want all 3 teams to score points tonight...

Greedy perhaps, but we all need to see this team FUNCTION :)

TheMatrix31
10-13-2013, 04:57 AM
Beat their ass and get some momentum. The toughest part of our schedule is over. Now go dominate.

Sigma
10-13-2013, 06:25 AM
The good and the bad?

The bad: We should blow out the Rams today and win. Matt Schaub should have a big game and look good versus a weak Rams team. At 3-3 we'll head into Kansas City upbeat and with some good vibes as a team. Our season would still be riding on #8's shoulders.

The good: If we lose despite being heavy favorites at home, and Matt Schaub plays poorly, we may finally make a permanent change at quarterback. With a 2-4 record, I think it would be time to try and save our season with a drastic change.

Good Point :kitten:

PS: It's a joke, don't get angry :D

PPS: why did you let the sark start this thread? :)

YeaLikeRightNow
10-13-2013, 06:29 AM
This is extremely difficult to say, but I think a Texans loss would be the most beneficial thing to happen for the team in the long run. Seeing the big picture is what makes me believe it is in the best interest of the team if we end up failing with Schaub. I mean, even if we won this game against a team considered mediocre (a lot of parity in the league nowadays), what does it really mean?

It means nothing.

Bulls on Parade
10-13-2013, 06:54 AM
I mean, even if we won this game against a team considered mediocre (a lot of parity in the league nowadays), what does it really mean?

It means nothing.
On the surface I agree. One measly win isn't going to change anything over night. But it leads to the next big game which leads to the next big game and so on. A loss today would ruin any future excitement.

A win today over the Rams would simply mean we are still alive in the playoff picture at 3-3 with a big game coming up at Kansas City. I would actually feel excited again about this team. And if we beat the Chiefs on the road, a task that will not be easy, we'll enter the bye week at 4-3 with two weeks to prepare for the big home game against the Colts. Win that game and at 5-3 we're most likely in first place in the AFC South halfway through the season.

It's like a domino effect but in a positive way. What if I were to tell you if the Texans win today's game against the Rams it will be the start of a six-game winning streak and we'll have an 8-3 record after 11 games? I think all of us would take it. Plenty of football left to be played this season.

This is still an 11-5 team in my eyes.

Thorn
10-13-2013, 07:04 AM
Schaub's days in Houston are numbered. With a makeshift o-line he can't do the job so he'll be gone next season. And I thank the football gods for that.

In any case, I still hope we win. I hope the defense totally crushes the goats and gets a shutout. No matter what happens on offense, we can at least get a FG hopefully.

GO TEXANS!

:texan:

TejasTom
10-13-2013, 07:22 AM
http://506sports.com/nfl13/06-FOX-E-V3.png

Green Bay @ Baltimore(Red) -- Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston, Tony Siragusa
Carolina @ Minnesota(Blue) -- Sam Rosen, Brian Billick
St. Louis @ Houston(Green) -- Chris Myers, Tim Ryan
Philadelphia @ Tampa Bay(Yellow) -- Dick Stockton, Ronde Barber
Detroit @ Cleveland(Purple) -- Tom McCarthy, Heath Evans
NO GAME(Grey) due to NFL rules

UPDATES:
Roanoke VA; Eugene OR: PHI-TB to GB-BAL
Spokane WA: DET-CLE to GB-BAL
Lima OH; Wheeling WV; Monroe LA: GB-BAL to DET-CLE
Alexandria LA; Laredo TX: GB-BAL to STL-HOU
St. Joseph MO: STL-HOU to GB-BAL

Game Release (http://media.houstontexans.com/images/9057/2012_Game_Releases/2013_Game_Releases/2013_6_Houston.pdf)

Flip Card (http://media.houstontexans.com/images/9057/2012_Game_Releases/2013_Game_Releases/Flip_STL_Final.pdf)

Ref: Bill Leavy (http://www.football-refs.com/active-refs/bill-leavy/)

Houston’s top-ranked pass defense has only allowed 671 net passing
yards through five games. That’s the fifth-lowest total through the first
five games of a season since 1994.

TheMatrix31
10-13-2013, 07:32 AM
This is extremely difficult to say, but I think a Texans loss would be the most beneficial thing to happen for the team in the long run. Seeing the big picture is what makes me believe it is in the best interest of the team if we end up failing with Schaub. I mean, even if we won this game against a team considered mediocre (a lot of parity in the league nowadays), what does it really mean?

It means nothing.

I don't wanna see a ****ing word from you if we rattle off 8 or 9 wins in our remaining 11 games.

YeaLikeRightNow
10-13-2013, 09:55 AM
I don't wanna see a ****ing word from you if we rattle off 8 or 9 wins in our remaining 11 games.

...and I, TheMatrix31...would gladly oblige if that happens! :goodpost:

steelbtexan
10-13-2013, 09:59 AM
GO TEXANS

NO MORE PICK 6's

dream_team
10-13-2013, 10:07 AM
On the surface I agree. One measly win isn't going to change anything over night. But it leads to the next big game which leads to the next big game and so on. A loss today would ruin any future excitement.

A win today over the Rams would simply mean we are still alive in the playoff picture at 3-3 with a big game coming up at Kansas City. I would actually feel excited again about this team. And if we beat the Chiefs on the road, a task that will not be easy, we'll enter the bye week at 4-3 with two weeks to prepare for the big home game against the Colts. Win that game and at 5-3 we're most likely in first place in the AFC South halfway through the season.

It's like a domino effect but in a positive way. What if I were to tell you if the Texans win today's game against the Rams it will be the start of a six-game winning streak and we'll have an 8-3 record after 11 games? I think all of us would take it. Plenty of football left to be played this season.

This is still an 11-5 team in my eyes.

Good post. Unfortunately, there are people that want us to lose and miss playoffs just to increase chances that Schaub will no longer be our starter.

Lucky
10-13-2013, 10:21 AM
I don't like the sentiment that losing is good. I don't care for the incessant sunshine pumping, either. But, I'm not asking the Sunshine Club to quit posting if the Texans continue to struggle. If you don't like what you're reading, ignore it.

houstonhurricane
10-13-2013, 10:34 AM
This is a big game - at least record-wise. Before we started stinking up the joint, I was actually concerned about it. However, since it is basically our season that is on the line, I think we absolutely roll today. 31-13 Texans.

drs23
10-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Good post. Unfortunately, there are people that want us to lose and miss playoffs just to increase chances that Schaub will no longer be our starter.

I could be completely wrong, I've been know to be so in the past but I have the feeling that we are seeing the last days of Matt Schaub the starter in Houston. After McNair and Rick Smith's 'on the record' comments regarding #8 during the off season and the way his contract is structured I see the fork in the road coming after this season.

djohn2oo8
10-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Rotoworld
According to NFL Network, Matt Schaub will be on a very short leash in Sunday's game against the Rams.

Coach Gary Kubiak admitted he almost made the switch to T.J. Yates this week. He's going to give Schaub a chance to right himself in a dream matchup at home with the Rams, but more turnovers will not be tolerated. Expect an extremely run-heavy approach with some conservative play-action passes sprinkled in
hmmmmm

GuerillaBlack
10-13-2013, 10:53 AM
Look, we aren't going anywhere with Schaub as the QB. I think we almost all know that. The best thing for the team would be for Schaub to pull a Schaub early and then get benched, while the Texans still get the W. Schaub can't beat the elite and its been that way for years. A fool's gold game by Schaub would be the worst thing that could happen.

jaayteetx
10-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Look, we aren't going anywhere with Schaub as the QB. I think we almost all know that. The best thing for the team would be for Schaub to pull a Schaub early and then get benched, while the Texans still get the W. Schaub can't beat the elite and its been that way for years. A fool's gold game by Schaub would be the worst thing that could happen.

Pretty much sums up how I feel.

EllisUnit
10-13-2013, 11:00 AM

Agree with this, if he looks awesome against this terrible rams team than Kubiak will forget his last 4 games and there will be no end in sight to Schaubs true suckiness.

Lucky
10-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Agree with this, if he looks awesome against this terrible rams team than Kubiak will forget his last 4 games and there will be no end in sight to Schaubs true suckiness.
The Rams have a NFL team. If Schaub looks awesome against them, well that would be awesome. I would change my tune and wait ti see if he could consistently be awesome.

However, I don't expect that to happen. I don't think there is a switch that can change Matt Schaub into the QB he once was. But if that switch exists, I will welcome it.

houstonhurricane
10-13-2013, 11:12 AM
I think Schaub has a solid performance today - it is next week that will probably determine his fate. A poor showing and loss in KC with a bye week to follow might actually lead to a permanent change.

dream_team
10-13-2013, 11:13 AM
I could be completely wrong, I've been know to be so in the past but I have the feeling that we are seeing the last days of Matt Schaub the starter in Houston. After McNair and Rick Smith's 'on the record' comments regarding #8 during the off season and the way his contract is structured I see the fork in the road coming after this season.

I agree... I'm a Schaub supporter and Sunshine Pumper. But I think the only thing that will save Schaub's long-term future as a Texan will be a Super Bowl win. I can definitely see the Texans drafting a QB in the first round next year.

dream_team
10-13-2013, 11:24 AM
So what happens if Schaub throws yet another pick 6, but it clearly wasn't his fault? For example, receiver runs the wrong route, or perfectly thrown ball gets tipped by receiver and into a defender's hands.

I think fans will still boo and demand his benching.

GuerillaBlack
10-13-2013, 11:27 AM
The Rams have a NFL team. If Schaub looks awesome against them, well that would be awesome. I would change my tune and wait ti see if he could consistently be awesome.

However, I don't expect that to happen. I don't think there is a switch that can change Matt Schaub into the QB he once was. But if that switch exists, I will welcome it.

But he is not going to consistently be awesome anymore. And even when he was, it was only against weaker teams like the Rams. It's done.

Lucky
10-13-2013, 11:32 AM
So what happens if Schaub throws yet another pick 6, but it clearly wasn't his fault? For example, receiver runs the wrong route, or perfectly thrown ball gets tipped by receiver and into a defender's hands.

I think fans will still boo and demand his benching.
I think hypothetical are pointless. If I had posed the scenario after the Charger MNF win that Schaub would keep his job after throwing pick 6's in 4 consecutive games, I would be lambasted. And deservedly so.

Fans are frustrated that Kubiak won't make the change that is so obvious to them. And that frustration is demonstrated by booing. That's their right. I don't see how one play would change that perception.

Lucky
10-13-2013, 11:36 AM
But he is not going to consistently be awesome anymore. And even when he was, it was only against weaker teams like the Rams. It's done.
It's well done. Burnt, even.

Hoping for Schaub to turn this around is like waiting for Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, and the Great Pumpkin to come to your birthday party. You can hope it happens. Just don't hold your breath.

htowntexans1985
10-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Inactives: QB Keenum, RB Wood, DE Montgomery, OL Gardner, Dobbins, DE Jamison, and OL White.

burro
10-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Living in DFW is a drag sometimes...there's no broadcast, so I'll have to go to a Buffalo Wild Wings or something to watch today's game. Which means that I'll likely be pissed off and pushing the legal limit in my over the hill 4 cylinder on the way home; that's assuming this bad "trap game" feeling I have comes to fruition...again.

Eff it. Go Texans!!!

CretorFrigg
10-13-2013, 12:13 PM
Living in DFW is a drag sometimes...there's no broadcast, so I'll have to go to a Buffalo Wild Wings or something to watch today's game. Which means that I'll likely be pissed off and pushing the legal limit in my over the hill 4 cylinder on the way home; that's assuming this bad "trap game" feeling I have comes to fruition...again.

Eff it. Go Texans!!!

This. Why is DFW the only part of Texas that doesn't get the Texans game?

thunderkyss
10-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Posting from section 609, ready to support my team.

:texan:

burro
10-13-2013, 12:34 PM
This. Why is DFW the only part of Texas that doesn't get the Texans game?

It's half NFL broadcasting rules and half Jerry Jones' stranglehold over the media market. Today's game is on FOX, not a snowball's chance in hell of that game being broadcast here.

EllisUnit
10-13-2013, 12:41 PM
It's half NFL broadcasting rules and half Jerry Jones' stranglehold over the media market. Today's game is on FOX, not a snowball's chance in hell of that game being broadcast here.

When i first moved to SA 3 years ago, they only showed the cowgirls games, not they show every single texans game besides maybe 1 a season due to broadcasting rules.

HTown2ATX
10-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Ready for the game, just have no idea what to expect. KTBC FOX here in Austin still says Teams TBA for the noon game and any Austinites (myself included) get nervous when the Texans are not committed to as we Texans fans here have been dicked more ways than you can count before. So, especially with the recent poor play hopefully the game is on as it should be.

CretorFrigg
10-13-2013, 12:51 PM

If the Cowboys were playing, it would make sense to me...but the Cowboys have a Sunday night game.

SAMURAITEXAN
10-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Let's go Texans! Should win this one. Matt, just be careful when you throw please.

TexanExile
10-13-2013, 01:00 PM
I can't believe I'm up at 1 AM again to watch this team. I said last week I was done watching them for October if Schaub wasn't benched at halftime.

Here I am, though. Like a codependent. "No, baby, I'm sorry, I'll change...I'll never do it again!" (Insert pick 6 here)

Ugh. Being a die hard fan is...well, you know.

MEGA SWATT
10-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Hello Jennifer Hale:heart:

SAMURAITEXAN
10-13-2013, 01:03 PM
I can't believe I'm up at 1 AM again to watch this team. I said last week I was done watching them for October if Schaub wasn't benched at halftime.

Here I am, though. Like a codependent. "No, baby, I'm sorry, I'll change...I'll never do it again!" (Insert pick 6 here)

Ugh. Being a die hard fan is...well, you know.

You are not alone. It is 2AM here and we both face very sleepy Monday morning.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-13-2013, 01:04 PM
ST still stinks

MEGA SWATT
I think our d is due for their own pick 6

EllisUnit
:kitten: was Schaub actually walking around trying to motivate the offense

Austrian
Here we go. D first.

sandmanx
The Texans kicked off first...must be a first in the Kubiak era.

Dishman
10-13-2013, 01:05 PM
:kitten: was Schaub actually walking around trying to motivate the offense

Maybe he's had a slump buster over the weekend and is feeling great. Here's to hoping!

WolverineFan
10-13-2013, 01:06 PM
We have to lead the league in offsides. Happens 2-3 times a game.

EllisUnit
Maybe he's had a slump buster over the weekend and is feeling great. Here's to hoping!

think i saw him with a 5 hour energy :kitten:

Austrian
Good thing that Stacy sucks.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-13-2013, 01:07 PM
Bradford got planted by JJ

TexanExile
Good job D! Now go take 2 plays off. Matt will have you back out there in no time.

MEGA SWATT
Mister six is on deck

EllisUnit
wow no boos

Dishman
think i saw him with a 5 hour energy :kitten:

Heck, maybe someone should just give him a Snickers bar in the huddle.

SAMURAITEXAN
10-13-2013, 01:08 PM
Nice D

gafftop
Same forecast with Matt starting. Slow boring football. Methodical grinding down the field until they get negative play and MS has to pass. Pressure and incomplete, sack, or worse. Rams should take chances downfield and they will get some big plays. We win TO battle and we win.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Alright Arian!

SAMURAITEXAN
10-13-2013, 01:09 PM
Nice run.

Goodwrench3
Great run

Austrian
Good run Arian.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Arian looks like a completely different player the last 2 games.

EllisUnit
Foster is going to have a massive game since we are baby sitting Schaub

WolverineFan
10-13-2013, 01:10 PM
It's amazing how bad our screen game is.

MEGA SWATT
Wow, I could QB for the txns -

3rd and 27 and you hand off?

Dishman
Same forecast with Matt starting. Slow boring football. Methodical grinding down the field until they get negative play and MS has to pass. Pressure and incomplete, sack, or worse. Rams should take chances downfield and they will get some big plays. We win TO battle and we win.

And there it was. Loss of 2 on a run, pass play pressured and incomplete.

RTP2110
10-13-2013, 01:11 PM
so undisciplined lately

EllisUnit
10-13-2013, 01:11 PM
WOW schaub using his legs

Dishman
10-13-2013, 01:12 PM
And there it was. Loss of 2 on a run, pass play pressured and incomplete.

And then a pass short of the 1st down marker. Seems familiar. Penalty as the cherry on top. Followed up with 3rd and long run. :kitten:

EllisUnit
we are play calling as if we have a rookie QB, might as well put in one closer to a rookie

Austrian
3rd and 27 nice job O.

Goodwrench3
10-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Argh, throw that ball

TexanExile
There's the result of having no confidence in your QB right there. 3rd and 27, and that's the call??

CretorFrigg
And then a pass short of the 1st down marker. Seems familiar. Penalty as the cherry on top. Followed up with 3rd and long run. :kitten:

You called it. If you can call the play, then I'm sure the Rams knew what were coming.

HTown2ATX
Game is on here in Austin....phew

That said, was I the only one that noticed that throw away by Schaub was damn near picked? Did I see that right in real action? Jeez

RTP2110
10-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Thanks for taking up 60% of my screen for a weather alert, FOX 26

Malloy
We truly have a 'game manager' at QB... not alot of creative stuff coming from that side.

GuerillaBlack

It's simply because in dfw, they go with the best matchup if the Texans are faltering and also playing a bad team. Ravens and Packers is better for ratings there.

kingtexan
10-13-2013, 01:15 PM
More of the same, Matt and Gary still suck.

gafftop
10-13-2013, 01:15 PM
Just hope Foster doesn't get hurt before it is over. Does GK have enough sense to rotate backs.
In the NFL you need a competent QB if you want to compete.

gafftop
10-13-2013, 01:16 PM
There it is. Just go deep baby

EllisUnit
that was not PI

Dishman
Why can't we test opposing defenses by stretching the field or inducing a penalty on such a play? Maybe we do, just doesn't feel like it.

WolverineFan
10-13-2013, 01:17 PM
Pass Interference is the most ridiculous thing in sports. 50 yard penalty for that? Outrageous.

Goodwrench3
Lol, terrible call

Austrian
Undisciplined.

gafftop
Why can't we test opposing defenses by stretching the field or inducing a penalty on such a play? Maybe we do, just doesn't feel like it.

He can't throw long

RCPM
Is is just me, or does fox HD suck?

Austrian
10-13-2013, 01:18 PM
Pass Interference is the most ridiculous thing in sports. 50 yard penalty for that? Outrageous.

Exactly.

MEGA SWATT
10-13-2013, 01:19 PM
God I can't believe our season has come to be what it is. Struggling against a high school team:goodpost:

RTP2110
Cool, we're losing to the Rams

Dishman
Lame defense.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Redzone defense still sucks

Goodwrench3
10-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Damn we are screwed

Malloy
we have 4 penalties already...?

Jeebus...

MEGA SWATT
Is is just me, or does fox HD suck?

Agree

WolverineFan
Horrible defense on that drive. And that's not counting the horrible PI call. We let them roll right down the field after the penalty.

TexanExile
Um...well...they still don't have a rushing touchdown...

Goodwrench3
Crap

GuerillaBlack
Undisciplined.

No, terrible call. Unless you meant the ref who threw the flag on that "pass interference".

EllisUnit
Atleast the D gave them points instead of the offense. Gotta take the positive here folks :kitten:

Austrian
Wide open. The whole team sucks.

Goodwrench3
10-13-2013, 01:21 PM
These refs.....

Stemp
10-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Those ticky tack PI calls hurt us all the time. As many as KJ gets, the refs just look for a reason to throw the flag, even if it really isn't PI.

thunderkyss
10-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Another 70 yard Td drive. Wheeeeee!!

EllisUnit
Those ticky tack PI calls hurt us all the time. As many as KJ gets, the refs just look for a reason to throw the flag, even if it really isn't PI.

And that clearly wasnt PI, KJ was even locating the ball

dream_team
Wide open. The whole team sucks.

Yup. Even Lechler had a horrible punt and gave them good field position on that one.

Rey
This isn't a good team we are playing.

But we aren't that good either so this should be a good game.

macho grande
Should we be expecting the pick6 soon?

MEGA SWATT
10-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Mr Pick-Six-Hand-off-Queen on deck

GNTLEWOLF
REALLY?!!!! The RAMS are gonna embarrass us?!!:facepalm::hankpalm::wadepalm::kubepalm:

kingtexan
Should we be expecting the pick6 soon?

Yep, now I do.

Dishman
Whole team from top to bottom looks hopelessly unprepared to play today.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Coach Joe needs to just coach our returners to take a knee.

Goodwrench3
10-13-2013, 01:24 PM
Damn hold the ball

Uncle Rico
Still believe we have an elite defense? Please convince me.

kingtexan
Whole team from top to bottom looks hopelessly unprepared to play today.

They are prepared ... to be led by John Elway and face the Raiders back in the 90's.

macho grande
10-13-2013, 01:25 PM
We're screwed

gafftop
Rams will dare MS to pass. They know a TO is going to happen. I think MS and GK may feel the same way. 3 and out good possibility

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Good job Schaub running into that sack.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-13-2013, 01:26 PM
About time we get Hopkins involved early.

2012Champs
10-13-2013, 01:26 PM
One score and y'all turn into a 12 year old girl who got dumped by their first boyfriend

kingtexan
10-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Stupid play, stupid call.

2012Champs
Good job Schaub running into that sack.

Should have forced an int instead

Rey
Holding

Goodwrench3
Finally

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Ugh another flag

RTP2110
10-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Penalty on the o-line, go figure

TexansSeminole
10-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Love watching our RT hold a secondary player.

Austrian
10-13-2013, 01:29 PM
I hate pitches.

Rey
If the receivers aren't wide open Schaub struggles throwing down field. He doesn't even test the deep secondary.

Goodwrench3
Derek Newton, you suck!!!

Pantherstang84
10-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Defensively the Rams are playing it smart. Taking away the run and making Schaub beat them with his noodle arm.

gafftop
Those QBs have plus ability. MS has no plus ability

Dishman
Oh my.

WolverineFan
10-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Was he not down?

Austrian
AJ!

Rey
That's a fumble.

Goodwrench3
Welcome to the AJ Show!!!!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Team is just snakebit. DHop fumbles

GNTLEWOLF
I believe it....fumble geeze!

Naiirb
Were snake bit..

msbbc833
Its just not our time

Pantherstang84
Well. We have seen the last of Hopkins this game.

A time to chill
Aww man! Just when they were getting into a good rhythm.

macho grande
10-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Wow. What other games are on?

Uncle Rico
Cue the Benny Hill soundtrack. Lol.

Stemp
Came out right before he went down. DAMMIT

Austrian
We suck big time.

Pantherstang84
Were snake bit..

Nope. They're a mediocre to bad football team.

TexanExile
Lot of guys trying to take the scapegoat title from #8 today.

If these penalties and delays keep up, this game will take freaking forever to play.

GuerillaBlack
This game is funny.

dream_team
10-13-2013, 01:33 PM
The team is rallying behind Schaub... showing he's not the only reason they're losing.

Goodwrench3
10-13-2013, 01:33 PM
:toropalm:

Thorn
10-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Were snake bit..

Actually that is ectothermic, amniote vertebrate bit. In either case, we're f*cked.

Dishman
The team is rallying behind Schaub... showing he's not the only reason they're losing.

Don't worry Matt, we all suck!!

EllisUnit
Atleast the Walking Dead comes on tonight, so i will get to see some fun Drama !

ziggy29
Nope. They're a mediocre to bad football team.

The team has playoff-caliber talent, but right now it's simply not a playoff-caliber *team*.

legacy_gt
schaub looks good. Hopkins, Jackson is costing us.

HTown2ATX
I like that Schaub is getting some good easy work underneath to build his rhythm. The bad thing is if the Rams score here, Kubiak has to call more down field aggressive plays and then we'll see if Schaub can do the job.

Thorn
10-13-2013, 01:35 PM

:lol:

Good one.

WolverineFan
This is just easily the worst coached team in the league. A complete inability to maintain consistency and an overwhelming tendency to self-destruct.

EllisUnit
schaub looks good. Hopkins, Jackson is costing us.

That was not KJ, that was the damn ref.

Pantherstang84
Those pink boots the cheerleaders are wearing are hot.

RCPM
10-13-2013, 01:36 PM
This is just easily the worst coached team in the league. A complete inability to maintain consistency and an overwhelming tendency to self-destruct.

This!!!

2012Champs
10-13-2013, 01:36 PM
I like that Schaub is getting some good easy work underneath to build his rhythm. The bad thing is if the Rams score here, Kubiak has to call more down field aggressive plays and then we'll see if Schaub can do the job.

There was no need to throw the ball down field if the wr hang on to the ball. 7-12 yards is just fine and will open up the field later on

A time to chill
10-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Lot of guys trying to take the scapegoat title from #8 today.

If these penalties and delays keep up, this game will take freaking forever to play.

I think that Kubiak is the only scapegoat and rightfully so. It wasn't just Schaub playing terrible these past three weeks. The whole team was making mistakes. I blame poor coaching for that. If this season continues to nosedive at least we'll get a new coach...I hope.

HTown2ATX
10-13-2013, 01:39 PM
There was no need to throw the ball down field if the wr hang on to the ball. 7-12 yards is just fine and will open up the field later on

I agree. But if the Texans get down 14-0.....I would imagine it's time for deeper pass plays as let's face it, reality and odds say short underneath passes aren't going to bring a team back.

A team can do that all day long when not way behind or with a lead and hope for a big play.

EDIT: Rams only got 3 so Texans could still go with the short stuff and be ok for now. Plenty of time left. Don't want to force anything and have Schaub $hit his pants.

gafftop
Damn great tackle

ziggy29
I think that Kubiak is the only scapegoat and rightfully so. It wasn't just Schaub playing terrible these past three weeks. The whole team was making mistakes. I blame poor coaching for that. If this season continues to nosedive at least we'll get a new coach...I hope.

Dominating in yardage and first downs but losing because of penalties and turnovers -- regularly -- all comes back to coaching.

thunderkyss
10-13-2013, 01:40 PM
That's the way the #1 D should play on a turnover on their end of the field...

MEGA SWATT
10-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Fire Gary and bench MS

legacy_gt
Dominating in yardage and first downs but losing because of penalties and turnovers -- regularly -- all comes back to coaching.

you can't blame coaching directly. guys aren't rookies. they need to put their brain on.

Pantherstang84
Down 10-0 at home against the Rams. The freaking Rams!!!! And folks are talking Super Bowl with this team? :toropalm:

ziggy29

Yes, but let's hope the team doesn't have to rely on the defense to bail them out of short fields and three-and-outs for much of the game.

Runner

Don't worry about it. Even if they lose this game, we can predict winning out and finishing 12-4. That will show the Debbie Downers who think this is an average team!

Proudtexan25

actually the penalties are just bad officiating(especially the PI call)

Thorn
10-13-2013, 01:42 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gNAd_n_6g4A/T8k4MHorgwI/AAAAAAAAGIQ/Tyl1oE-FYuc/s1600/futility.jpg

TheMatrix31
This game falls on Kareem Jackson, Duane Brown, and DeAndre Hopkins so far.

ziggy29
Down 10-0 at home against the Rams. The freaking Rams!!!! And folks are talking Super Bowl with this team? :toropalm:

Is anyone still talking Super Bowl with this team?

Goodwrench3
10-13-2013, 01:43 PM
God we are screwed

2012Champs

That one was bad the others are square on the texans

EllisUnit

KJs PI call was unjust, prob not fair to include him.

Pantherstang84

I'll give you the PI call maybe, but the rest were legit.

ziggy29

About 3-4 weeks ago, there was little but praise to KJ about how much he has grown and improved. We've seen a rather major regression in the losing streak, even if the latest PI call was questionable.

WolverineFan

Unfortunately they have to do it every time out because the offense continually puts them in horrible situations.

The amount of times they've forced a 3 & out, but still given up points because of field position, is ridiculous.

Goodwrench3
10-13-2013, 01:44 PM
Harris replacing Newton

GuerillaBlack
10-13-2013, 01:44 PM
Atleast the Walking Dead comes on tonight, so i will get to see some fun Drama !

Oh **** yeah, thanks for the reminder.

Big Lou
10-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Well at least it's nice to see so many players supporting Schaub by playing like sh!t to make him feel better. What a supportive group of guys.

MEGA SWATT

There should be a Super Bowl for the two crappiest teams in the league. The team that loses wins! That looks like the only way

gafftop
The Texans game plan of ball control long drives is part of the reason we are having problems. A couple turnovers could equal 15:00 minutes. Say they score 10 points on those turnovers then we need 10:00 minutes to get those points back based on us being able to move the ball. That is almost half the game just to get back to even if all goes right.

TheMatrix31
10-13-2013, 01:47 PM
About 3-4 weeks ago, there was little but praise to KJ about how much he has grown and improved. We've seen a rather major regression in the losing streak, even if the latest PI call was questionable.

Absolutely. Goes to show that he's still got a ton of work to do.

2012Champs
The Texans game plan of ball control long drives is part of the reason we are having problems. A couple turnovers could equal 15:00 minutes. Say they score 10 points on those turnovers then we need 10:00 minutes to get those points back based on us being able to move the ball. That is almost half the game just to get back to even if all goes right.

Ball control and clock control are just horrible. Get out of here

Goodwrench3
Run Foster, RUN!!

dream_team
10-13-2013, 01:48 PM
What's up with the comments... did people stop watching the game? Go Arian!

ziggy29
Gonna really miss OD in these situations.

WolverineFan
Foster looks excellent. His vision is fantastic and he's seeing every cutback right now.

Dishman
10-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Harris replacing Newton
But now he's back with a penalty.

ziggy29
10-13-2013, 01:50 PM
What's up with the comments... did people stop watching the game? Go Arian!

No, we're still watching and seeing the usual drive-killing penalties.

TexansSeminole
Newton has to be one of the worst offensive lineman I have ever seen us play.

OzzO
Lookit Schaub saying "Fudge You" to Hayes

Rey
Lol what is Schaub doing

Goodwrench3
NEWTON, you suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

WolverineFan
Averaging 9 yards a carry and we kick a FG from the 2 yd line........SMH

GuerillaBlack
Schaub: "****** you"

HTown2ATX
10-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Why did Matt Schaub decide to pull a Jeff Van Gundy and hang on to homeboy's leg. That was clownish....I lol'ed.

MEGA SWATT
Matt Schaub doing a vangundy - seriously?

Uncle Rico
Pfffff Schaub with his best Jeff Van Gundy impersonation!! Classic.

EllisUnit
Averaging 9 yards a carry and we kick a FG from the 2 yd line........SMH

yep, no balls kuibiak. I have come to expect it honestly so no worries haha

msbbc833
I like the fire from Schaub. Looking for him to put it all out on the field

Austrian
Oh these sweet field goals.

stonewhite
Chances of a pick 6?

Malloy
10-13-2013, 01:52 PM
FG > Turnover... :)

gafftop
In the last 3 games how many times have we actually thrown a pass into the endzone? Just curious.

ziggy29

They haven't been a very good red zone team, and even more so with OD out of the lineup.

ziggy29
10-13-2013, 01:53 PM
In the last 3 games how many times have we actually thrown a pass into the endzone? Just curious.

About the same percentage of the time we throw a ball past the first down marker on third downs.

Dan B.
lol Schaub looked like Van Gundy on Mourning there

A time to chill
Chances of a pick 6?

I think the streak ends this game.

kingtexan

Fire? :spit:

EllisUnit
They haven't been a very good red zone team, and even more so with OD out of the lineup.

well when u run 4 running plays from foster for 64 yards and then we get to the 2 yard line you have to see some of the logic i'm talking about

HTown2ATX
10-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Matt Schaub was like.............

http://static.flickr.com/41/124779427_bef0df538f.jpg

Showtime100

So, what.........you saying next time he'll grab both ankles? (j/k) :D

TexanExile

Whose endzone?

dream_team

We are 8th in the league in Red Zone TD percentage. That's actually pretty good.

legacy_gt
schaub looks great! van gundy move ftw!!!!

Runner
Celebrate the non-missed field goal.

Pantherstang84

This team needs Ted Lasso as coach.

Ted Lasso (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8)

Dishman
10-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Matt Schaub doing a vangundy - seriously?

Hehe.

http://fourhorsementattoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/van-gundy.jpg

2012Champs
I'm glad y'all don't coach the team. Down by 10 you kick the fg

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Got lucky there. That should have been a TD.

legacy_gt
almost a rams TD

ziggy29
well when u run 4 running plays from foster for 64 yards and then we get to the 2 yard line you have to see some of the logic i'm talking about

I hear you, but running it in from the 2 is a lot harder than getting a random 2-yard gain in the middle of the field. And that's where losing OD hurts, as it reduces the threat of the tight end and makes it easier for the linebackers to crowd the box.

A time to chill
10-13-2013, 01:56 PM
FG > Turnover... :)

Yep. That's the philosophy of Kubiak's system. We know he hates turnovers so he'll leave points on the field just to protect the ball.

Dishman
[QUOTE=HTown2ATX;2227958]Matt Schaub was like.............

Beat me to it!!

kingtexan
So, what.........you saying next time he'll grab both ankles? (j/k) :D

I have a feeling Matt has experience grabbing ankles ...

EllisUnit
I hear you, but running it in from the 2 is a lot harder than getting a random 2-yard gain in the middle of the field. And that's where losing OD hurts, as it reduces the threat of the tight end and makes it easier for the linebackers to crowd the box.

yeah but we have seen foster do it for 4 seasons now

Austrian
Wow that was close.

gafftop
Just go Deep and you win if you can catch the ball or make it contested.

legacy_gt
fox on Comcast has a crappy reception

Goodwrench3
10-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Damn luck

kingtexan
10-13-2013, 01:57 PM
fox on Comcast has a crappy reception

Direct TV is perfect HD today

legacy_gt
10-13-2013, 01:58 PM
another f'n screen?

WolverineFan
I'm glad y'all don't coach the team. Down by 10 you kick the fg

In that scenario, both Harbaugh's would have gone for it. That's just confident, physical football.

Of course, their teams are rarely in this kind of hole because they are disciplined and well coached.

MEGA SWATT
Joe got tko'd

ziggy29
10-13-2013, 01:59 PM
another f'n screen?

Some teams that throw underneath stuff short of the sticks on third downs can actually run after the catch and convert.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Another flag

kingtexan
Thats how we do it ... I swear Gary is trying for JFF

legacy_gt
Some teams that throw underneath stuff short of the sticks on third downs can actually run after the catch and convert.

lol

2012Champs
In that scenario, both Harbaugh's would have gone for it. That's just confident, physical football.

Of course, their teams are rarely in this kind of hole because they are disciplined and well coached.

The offense has had no problem moving down the field. Kick the fg and move on.