PDA

View Full Version : Parking Spots and Canopies

ConroeKeith1982
10-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Iíve got a simple question, and Iíve looked through numerous threads and couldnít find an answer.
I read on the Texans website that tailgating is limited to an 8í x 16í, and that you cannot spill over into the drive lane designated by the blue lines down each aisle.
My question is, will this be enough space to park an extended cab truck and set up your average 10í x 10í E-Z Up Canopy in front of or behind the truck? I know Iíve seen people at past games that have set up like this. I just didnít know if itís because they have an additional parking pass or if itís because thereís enough room. I am just curious due to the high chance of rain on Sunday.

disaacks3
10-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Iíve got a simple question, and Iíve looked through numerous threads and couldnít find an answer.
I read on the Texans website that tailgating is limited to an 8í x 16í, and that you cannot spill over into the drive lane designated by the blue lines down each aisle.
My question is, will this be enough space to park an extended cab truck and set up your average 10í x 10í E-Z Up Canopy in front of or behind the truck? I know Iíve seen people at past games that have set up like this. I just didnít know if itís because they have an additional parking pass or if itís because thereís enough room. I am just curious due to the high chance of rain on Sunday. Generally speaking, no, not with an extended cab.

But...

As long as you aren't extending into the blue-line area when traffic tries to pass, you should be OK. If this means that part of your canopy drapes over the truck, that's what you'll be stuck with without an extra space.

ConroeKeith1982
10-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Thanks, that's what I figured. Putting part of it over the bed of my truck shouldn't be too big of a problem since it's only going to be me and my fiancee trying to stay dry.