PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak to have team meeting Wednesday AM

DX-TEX
10-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Marc Vandermeer ‏@TexansVoice 3h
Could mean nothing but - A. Smith said on http://TexansRadio.com Kubiak to meet with whole team Wed-AM - usually position groups meet 1st

Something? Nothing? Shipley's donuts and kolache's?

htownfan32
10-08-2013, 11:41 PM

GK: "Guys, it's all on me, not on Matt."

Matt: "Thanks, Coach!"

Texn4life
10-08-2013, 11:49 PM

This about sums it up.

TexansFight
10-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Please be a QB change. Any other coach would pull the abortion we have now. Its not even debatable anymore.

DX-TEX
10-08-2013, 11:51 PM

Then Kubiak announces he will be starting at QB the rest of the season.

http://www.geocities.jp/jbeeez2001/kubiak.jpg

Texn4life
10-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Please be a QB change. Any other coach would pull the abortion we have now. Its not even debatable anymore.

Kubiak wouldn't call a team meeting to announce a QB change. He wouldn't dare break his boo's heart like that and humiliate him. If its done it'll be nice and quiet.

DX-TEX
10-08-2013, 11:59 PM
Kubiak wouldn't call a team meeting to announce a QB change. He wouldn't dare break his boo's heart like that and humiliate him. If its done it'll be nice and quiet.

Actually I disagree. He would let the players know first out of respect. The moment Yates gets snaps at first weekly practice on Wednesday everyone will be asking why. Needs to let them know first.

ThaShark316
10-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Kubes is about to full '09 pre-Pats game and cry again...lol.

Ghostform
10-09-2013, 12:00 AM
http://imageshack.com/a/img542/9898/m4ls.jpg (http://imageshack.com/i/f2m4lsj)

Texn4life
10-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Actually I disagree. He would let the players know first out of respect. The moment Yates gets snaps at first weekly practice on Wednesday everyone will be asking why. Needs to let them know first.

Damnit...... forgot the :sarcasm:

Thought that was clear.

JCTexan
10-09-2013, 12:18 AM
This better not be another "players meeting" like last week....

htownfan32
10-09-2013, 12:18 AM
Kubes wore 8 as well in Denver?

God, now we know what's wrong with this team. The curse of HWSNBN and the number 8 lives on.

Vinny
10-09-2013, 12:29 AM
Kubes wore 8 as well in Denver?

God, now we know what's wrong with this team. The curse of HWSNBN and the number 8 lives on.

http://www.houstontexans.com/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/In_Story_Photos_400_190/400-kubiak-player.jpg

htownfan32
10-09-2013, 01:23 AM
http://www.houstontexans.com/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/In_Story_Photos_400_190/400-kubiak-player.jpg

Oh boy. That explains it all.

:kubepalm: :wadepalm: :vincepalm: :toropalm: :hankpalm:

Hottoddie
10-09-2013, 02:18 AM

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I'm thinking he's going to let the team know that he's making a QB change.

Norg
10-09-2013, 03:48 AM
a come to jesus meeting LOL

Thorn
10-09-2013, 07:12 AM
Maybe he's announcing his resignation. I could dig it.

CloakNNNdagger
10-09-2013, 07:25 AM
More likely than announcing a QB change, there may be an announcement to the team that 3 QBs will be active on Sunday.

Rey
10-09-2013, 07:28 AM
He's either announcing a qb change, or he's going to ask that they keep their faith in Schaub. Make it clear that everyone knows he's struggling, but say that he think Matt has earned the right to turn it around.

My guess is that it's the former rather that the latter. I think Yates is going to start and I think keenum will be active.

There are 52 other guys on the team that kubiak has to lead. He can't piss the season away on some crusade to let Schaub prove himself. Those guys want to win and if he runs Matt out there again and Schaub losses another game the locker room would erupt. The city would erupt.

I think it's at it's boiling point. If you run Matt out there at home and he throws a pick six against the rams that would be the worse thing ever for Matt.

I think the fans and the team can live with Yates making mistakes because they'd know that kubiak is searching every avenue to get this team winning play from the qb position.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to sit Matt. (Well, I've been wanting Matt replaced. But the team tends to wait to make decisions when the wheels fall off)

Sigma
10-09-2013, 07:32 AM
He's either announcing a qb change, or he's going to ask that they keep their faith in Schaub. Make it clear that everyone knows he's struggling, but say that he think Matt has earned the right to turn it around.

My guess is that it's the former rather that the latter. I think Yates is going to start and I think keenum will be active.

There are 52 other guys on the team that kubiak has to lead. He can't piss the season away on some crusade to let Schaub prove himself. Those guys want to win and if he runs Matt out there again and Schaub losses another game the locker room would erupt. The city would erupt.

I think it's at it's boiling point. If you run Matt out there at home and he throws a pick six against the rams that would be the worse thing ever for Matt.

I think the fans and the team can live with Yates making mistakes because they'd know that kubiak is searching every avenue to get this team winning play from the qb position.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to sit Matt. (Well, I've been wanting Matt replaced. But the team tends to wait to make decisions when the wheels fall off)

I think it's gonna take more time to bench schaub

I could be wrong tho

RTP2110
10-09-2013, 07:37 AM
I don't think you call a full team meeting to address one player. If he is benching Schaub, I think that meeting takes place in the position group room. Then he would update the full team at the next regularly scheduled team meeting.

If he is calling an unscheduled, full team meeting, it's likely to be one of those "come together as a team" pep talks. All IMO of course, I've been to a grand total of 0.0 NFL meetings.

HJam72
10-09-2013, 07:41 AM
I think he's gonna announce that they've traded Ben Tate for Peyton Manning. :koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::kool aid::koolaid:

PS-OK, too much caffeine for me.

TejasTom
10-09-2013, 07:49 AM
I think he's gonna announce that they've traded Ben Tate for Peyton Manning.

Peyton would make a terrible second string running back. :kitten:

HJam72
10-09-2013, 07:55 AM
Yeah, you're right. Nevermind. :toropalm:

Uncle Rico
10-09-2013, 07:58 AM
He's going to announce that he's sticking with Schaub the rest of the way, sink or swim. Will be an effort to quell any QB controversy and tell everyone Matt and his family were accosted last night and the team will feel bad for him and give him a pass.

I JJ Watt skirted the question of whether or not Schaub was a good QB and I'm thinking the locker room is starting to crack. Hence this meeting.

deucetx
10-09-2013, 08:02 AM
Probably just about bringing the team together. After watching the game again it looked pretty apparent they were getting to the point of simply going through the motions in the second half. They can feed as much team speak to the media they like but any that played, coached or really been around the game (or any team sport for that matter) knows after a while it begins taking effect. It's his job to lead these men and get them to circle the wagons again and start treating it one week at a time and nothing more. No talk of playoffs, divisions, Superbowls. Just one week at a time to get them going again.

PapaL
10-09-2013, 08:08 AM
I think he's giving out Schaub's address since apparently every other jackoff has it.

thunderkyss
10-09-2013, 08:23 AM

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to sit Matt.

That last statement makes me believe it's the latter.

I think Kubiak is going to lay out his argument with the team how it's on them to pick up the slack, to focus on the next play, & to dedicate themselves to being the best they can be on every snap, regardless what happened before.

That's what it's going to take to beat Denver. That's what it's going to take to beat New England. & that's what it's going to take to win the Super Bowl.

They did it in that Chargers game. Matt threw a pick 6, but the other 21 unanswered points weren't on Schaub. They were on the whole team. We rallied, we got the W.

They did it against the Titans. Matt gave them 6 points (7)..... but there was a lot going wrong, they rallied, they got the job done.

Even though there was a lot of stuff going wrong in the San Diego game & the Titans' game, there was way more attention on Schaub's mistakes. We go to Baltimore & the offense can't punch it in to the end zone. Matt throws another pick 6, & everything snowballs.

More attention to the pick 6. We get Seattle, pick 6, more snowballing.

More attention to the pick 6. We go to San Francisco. First play of the game, pick 6.... more snowballing.

I think Kubiak is going to tell them it's that BS that lost us the game more than Matt's mistakes. Just like the JacobyJones muff punt in the first 5 minutes of the game. That should not have stopped this team, this offense from winning that game. But it did.

It's bad enough that we're star struck with guys like Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, & Drew Brees...... & rightfully so, those guys are hellufied players. But we've got hellufied players on our side of the ball too. We can't let mistakes & errors & damn good play by the other team take us out of our game.

We are a good football team. We need to start playing like it. That includes & especially the Quarterback.

Runner
10-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Time to hold hands. Sing kumbaya.

thunderkyss
10-09-2013, 08:37 AM
I think he's gonna announce that they've traded Ben Tate for Peyton Manning. :koolaid:

PS-OK, too much caffeine for me.Peyton would make a terrible second string running back. :kitten:Yeah, you're right. Nevermind. :toropalm:

Peyton has more rushing TDs than Tate this year & less fumbles.

Rey
10-09-2013, 08:50 AM
That last statement makes me believe it's the latter.

I think Kubiak is going to lay out his argument with the team how it's on them to pick up the slack, to focus on the next play, & to dedicate themselves to being the best they can be on every snap, regardless what happened before.

That's what it's going to take to beat Denver. That's what it's going to take to beat New England. & that's what it's going to take to win the Super Bowl.

They did it in that Chargers game. Matt threw a pick 6, but the other 21 unanswered points weren't on Schaub. They were on the whole team. We rallied, we got the W.

They did it against the Titans. Matt gave them 6 points (7)..... but there was a lot going wrong, they rallied, they got the job done.

Even though there was a lot of stuff going wrong in the San Diego game & the Titans' game, there was way more attention on Schaub's mistakes. We go to Baltimore & the offense can't punch it in to the end zone. Matt throws another pick 6, & everything snowballs.

More attention to the pick 6. We get Seattle, pick 6, more snowballing.

More attention to the pick 6. We go to San Francisco. First play of the game, pick 6.... more snowballing.

I think Kubiak is going to tell them it's that BS that lost us the game more than Matt's mistakes. Just like the JacobyJones muff punt in the first 5 minutes of the game. That should not have stopped this team, this offense from winning that game. But it did.

It's bad enough that we're star struck with guys like Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, & Drew Brees...... & rightfully so, those guys are hellufied players. But we've got hellufied players on our side of the ball too. We can't let mistakes & errors & damn good play by the other team take us out of our game.

We are a good football team. We need to start playing like it. That includes & especially the Quarterback.

He's not going in there with that message. He'd lose the team for sure. It's fine for fans to think like that. It's harmless. But hes not going to look those guys in the eyes and say any of what you just posted. That'd be a bigger insult than continuing to run Schaub out as the starter.

CloakNNNdagger
10-09-2013, 08:53 AM

While Rome burns.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-95dJlQmJQvM/TsBOoi05DrI/AAAAAAAADD4/uJj2rkL6uPc/s1600/kumbaya.jpg

BTW, Runner, good to see you back.

chicagotexan2
10-09-2013, 08:56 AM
Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I'm thinking he's going to let the team know that he's making a QB change.

My first wish is for Schaub to stop sucking, but this will do too.

CloakNNNdagger
10-09-2013, 08:56 AM
He's not going in there with that message. He'd lose the team for sure. It's fine for fans to think like that. It's harmless. But hes not going to look those guys in the eyes and say any of what you just posted. That'd be a bigger insult than continuing to run Schaub out as the starter.

Good teams have good players who consistently make at least relatively good decisions.

thunderkyss
10-09-2013, 08:57 AM
I also want to add this before we find out what the meeting was about.

Kubiak saw David Carr & said, "I can win games with him" I don't know if he said we can win a Super Bowl with David, not with the team we had at that time, but I believe he thought we could win some games with David & we did.

Kubiak saw Sage & said, "I can win games with him."

Kubiak said, "I can win some games with Matt Schaub." Sight unseen they made him a starting QB, never had the first word with him. & we did.

In the same way, if he's been looking at Tj Yates for 3 years & Case Keenum for 2 years... if they are on the roster he's saying, "I can win some games with them."

& I believe it. Whether we can win a Super Bowl with them on this team, we'll see. But if we can win games & get to the play offs, why not?

I know, I know.... early last season Kubiak said, "I can win a Super Bowl with Matt Schaub." & reiterated that by bringing him back as the starter. & I believe him. If Matt can get out of his funk, I still believe we can win a Super Bowl with Matt Schaub.

What I don't know & what Gary doesn't know & what Matt doesn't know.... is how long it's going to take Matt to get out of his funk. We've only got 11 games left & it's time to either move on, or really circle the wagons..... not this lip service we've been getting.

I honestly believe we can win the next two games with Arian & our defense if every body plays the way they can play & we handicap Matt. Shouldn't have to handicap our starting QB, but this is where we are at.

I understand we've got KC envy, but man for man we are so much more talented than that team that it would not be questioned if not for Matt's dilemma. We'd be 10 point favorites. As it is now I don't believe we should be more than 6 point dogs going to Arrowhead, which should be a win in my book.

Runner
10-09-2013, 09:01 AM
While Rome burns.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-95dJlQmJQvM/TsBOoi05DrI/AAAAAAAADD4/uJj2rkL6uPc/s1600/kumbaya.jpg

BTW, Runner, good to see you back.

Thanks. To me it is more interesting here during the season. More reality because the team is playing; somewhat less hope, conjecture, and opinion masquerading as fact.

HOU-TEX
10-09-2013, 09:05 AM
"We're gonna keep battling. Best way to get through something like this is play through it. We're going to stand behind my....er...our QB and go to battle for him. Now, everyone line up and give Matt a bro-hug"

Doppelganger
10-09-2013, 09:06 AM

Considering how lackluster the team has looked in most of the first halves, perhaps they need some more protein. Sausage and Cheese kolaches for everyone!

thunderkyss
10-09-2013, 09:08 AM

We'll see.

But "the problem" on this team is not Matt Schaub. He's the problem right now, but big picture, Super Bowl picture..... It's being mentally tough when it counts. Against New England we weren't mentally tough as a team. Against Greenbay we weren't mentally tough as a team. In the play offs, we weren't mentally tough as a team.

Matt can come out of this funk now & we've done nothing but prove we are that same mentally weak team that stalled in the divisional round of the play offs twice.

I don't think he's going to absolve Matt. We were probably going to lose those games anyway with the play we were getting from the QB, but those losses shouldn't have been so bad.

He'll reassure them that he'll do the right thing when it's time, if it gets to be time. But the last three games were perfect opportunities for us to prove we are the kind of team that can win a Super Bowl. Not the paper tiger we were last season.

It's easy to stick out your chest & say "That's my QB" when he's pulling his weight. But it takes a special type of person, a special type of teammate to say it when he's struggling.

http://www.footballbabble.com/images/t.o..jpg

TejasTom
10-09-2013, 09:14 AM
Peyton has more rushing TDs than Tate this year & less fumbles.

Touché.

Maybe he would make a better 2nd string running back.

If we brought him in, Kubiak would probably put him 4th string and make him earn his way on the field...around 2015.

ChampionTexan
10-09-2013, 09:14 AM
Sausage and Cheese kolaches for everyone!
http://ballerwives.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/arian-foster-vegan-interview1.jpg
Uhmmmmmmmmmm......No!

Trail.Blazr
10-09-2013, 09:28 AM
I believe they are going to take Matt's Letterman's Jacket away to use as extortion for his improved play.

Mr teX
10-09-2013, 10:03 AM
I think its closer to what Rey's saying. He's gonna take the time to talk to them about getting back focused & the incident last night with Matt...& then he's going to announce the qb change to Yates. Keenum fans...Keenum still won't be activated though......Schaub will be the #2.

but then again.....OD was the 4th string qb & he's out so he may have to activate keenum as Yates' backup so as to prevent from going back to Schaub & ruining team morale...

Tesuns
10-09-2013, 10:13 AM
Most likely to say, Schaubing all the way.

CloakNNNdagger
10-09-2013, 10:13 AM
What's going on??????????

houston police ‏@houstonpolice 27m
Police were not called to the home. No other information to release at this time. #hounews

houston police ‏@houstonpolice 28m
A family member reported seeing a suspicious male in the driveway of the residence taking pictures.

houston police ‏@houstonpolice 29m
Contrary to some reports, there was not a group of "angry fans" outside the Schaub residence on Monday.#hounews

badboy
10-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Earl Campbell just on radio 790 just said MS should reach out to Dan Pastorini who went through a similar downturn. "Dan is like me, quiet but willing to help. We will not (interfere) but I know if Schaub reached out, Dan would help".

TejasTom
10-09-2013, 10:31 AM
When do we find out the nature of this meeting?

Hervoyel
10-09-2013, 10:38 AM

Gary's going to bring his little hand-crank snow-cone machine and everyone gets one, no matter how long it takes to make them!

b0ng
10-09-2013, 10:44 AM
More likely than announcing a QB change, there may be an announcement to the team that 3 QBs will be active on Sunday.

That seems pretty mundane for changing around your schedule to have an everybody-in-the-same-room meeting.

kingtexan
10-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Gary is just going to reiterate that if anyone says anything bad about Matt, they will be fined.

EVOLVIST
10-09-2013, 10:52 AM
...everything snowballs.

...more snowballing.

.... more snowballing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowballing_%28sexual_practice%29)

That's disgusting TK, but unfortunately that's probably what's going on between Matt ad Gary. I'm speechless...

jaayteetx
10-09-2013, 10:53 AM
I have a cousin who has a friend whose sister in law knows a guy who is married to this girl who does Kubiak's maid's aunt's hair and she says the purpose of the meeting is to order take out.

DX-TEX
10-09-2013, 10:54 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWJBIHuCYAEcs7G.jpg

thunderkyss
10-09-2013, 11:13 AM
That's disgusting TK, but unfortunately that's probably what's going on between Matt ad Gary. I'm speechless...

I think Kubiak sees this as a last chance effort. After the KC game if he decides to make a switch, that will give our new QB 2 weeks to get ready. If that new QB is Case, it makes more sense to wait till then..... to give him the two weeks. Tj shouldn't need 2 weeks.

If we're 3-4 going into the bye all is not lost. if we're 2-5 it's going to be difficult. But this is not about W-L in & of themselves. I believe we can be 4-3 going into the bye, but if Matt hasn't snapped out of it by then, he can still be replaced.

CloakNNNdagger
10-09-2013, 11:22 AM
That seems pretty mundane for changing around your schedule to have an everybody-in-the-same-room meeting.

You're correct. It would be mundane outwardly. But the Texans want and need this game desperately (would be terrible to lose to the Rams). To me, it would strongly imply that if Schaub badly floundered, even early, there would be a strong possibility that he would be replaced by Yates. If Yates came in and floundered badly (or was injured), there would be no way that they would put Schaub back in (You only think that things were bad before). Therefore, they would need a viable backup.........hence, Keenum would need to be active. IMO, the Texans have to win this game at all cost.........for the sake of preserving a reasonable record to compete for the playoffs, and for the sake of preserving the locker room...........and for the sake of maintaining the support of their fan base..

Porky
10-09-2013, 11:28 AM
They were taking ice cream preferences. Kubes needs to know who wants chocolate and who wants vanilla after the game Sunday. Win or lose... DQ here we come! Cause gosh darnit, those kids sure do try hard.

They also gave everyone a participation ribbon for being on Sunday night football.

Hervoyel
10-09-2013, 11:40 AM
I think Kubiak sees this as a last chance effort. After the KC game if he decides to make a switch, that will give our new QB 2 weeks to get ready. If that new QB is Case, it makes more sense to wait till then..... to give him the two weeks. Tj shouldn't need 2 weeks.

If we're 3-4 going into the bye all is not lost. if we're 2-5 it's going to be difficult. But this is not about W-L in & of themselves. I believe we can be 4-3 going into the bye, but if Matt hasn't snapped out of it by then, he can still be replaced.

This is what I said in the thread about guessing the Rams game plan and I still believe it. I think you're idea is a couple of weeks too late.

I think this game is going to be the one that delays real change for two more weeks and ends up putting us at 3-4. We beat the Rams, everyone smiles and relaxes, and then the Chiefs bring us and Schaub back down to earth. 3-4 record.

Then we see the Colts and Luck coming to visit and we end our first half of the season getting our asses beaten at home to fall to 3-5

The time to make that change is right now with a fairly modest challenge coming here. The time to let TJ or Case take the reins is in front of a grateful and supporting home crowd against an opponent that neither one of them would have to be a hero to beat. That gives them time to get settled before visiting KC and two weeks of playing before they face the Colts back here.

If we run Schaub out there and he muddles through a win without screwing up too bad and that is followed by a bunch of "We always knew he had it in him" back slapping then we're really screwed because the good teams aren't going to stop coming and nothing will have really changed.

We'll be seeing a lot of this after Matt and the Texans beat St. Louis

There's not going to be a better time to sit Matt down and change to another QB. If you run TJ (or Case) out there he's going to beat he Rams. Matt probably will too but it would most likely be fool's gold and he's just a mistake away from melting down completely. You let one of your young guys beat the Rams and get two weeks of work in with the 1's before going to Kansas City. If he thrives then great. If he doesn't you let Matt come off the bench and maybe save the day along with his confidence.

If he can't you've lost nothing.

houstonspartan
10-09-2013, 11:50 AM
This will be another lame pep talk. And, I'm guessing he will passive-aggressively tell the other players that it's up to THEM to elevate this team, to step up, etc. He may get all emotional (so they can see that he still cares for them).

Highly doubt if a QB change is announced before the entire team.

Nothing to see here, folks.

thunderkyss
10-09-2013, 11:55 AM
So... that was 4 hours ago. No one knows who took first team snaps yet?

Rey
10-09-2013, 12:09 PM
We'll see.

But "the problem" on this team is not Matt Schaub.

I beg to differ.

I think he's a huge problem. Beyond his own play, I think the team lacks confidence with him at qb. A lack of confidence leads to a lack if aggression.

I don't want to "win with" a qb. I want a qb that can make plays consistently. Put whole drives on his back....dare I say entire games.

Mr teX
10-09-2013, 12:16 PM
I beg to differ.

I think he's a huge problem. Beyond his own play, I think the team lacks confidence with him at qb. A lack of confidence leads to a lack if aggression.

I don't want to "win with" a qb. I want a qb that can make plays consistently. Put whole drives on his back....dare I say entire games.

franchise guys...none of which are on this roster currently.

ArlingtonTexan
10-09-2013, 12:16 PM
This will be another lame pep talk. And, I'm guessing he will passive-aggressively tell the other players that it's up to THEM to elevate this team, to step up, etc. He may get all emotional (so they can see that he still cares for them).

Highly doubt if a QB change is announced before the entire team.

Nothing to see here, folks.

If know this team like I think I do, the most boring option i.e. a circle the wagons, in house talk or worse just an oddly timed change of schedule is what I have 90% expectations for.

htownfan32
10-09-2013, 12:18 PM
So... that was 4 hours ago. No one knows who took first team snaps yet?

I'm curious too.

DX-TEX
10-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Its odd.....the incident at Schaubs house happened on Monday and wasn't wildly reported until yesterday just minutes BEFORE news of this meeting happening.

Coincidence?

:tinfoil:

thunderkyss
10-09-2013, 12:39 PM
I beg to differ.

I agree he's a huge problem. I agree the team may have lost some confidence in him. Like I said, that is a bigger problem (to me) than Schaub himself. As a whole, this team tucks & run when the going gets tough. It probably starts with the head coach, whatever. But that's holding this team back more than Schaub is (in the big picture).

Maybe Schaub gets fixed. Maybe we have to go the rest of the season with Tj/Case. It doesn't matter if this team can't come up big in the situations they've been put in the past three games.

Had Matt played better we'd have been in the AFC Championship game. At the same time, if the run game was better, we'd have been in the AFC Championship game. If the defense played better, we'd have been in the AFC Championship game.

Yeah, if we get a great QB, a Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson.... well, that's not true since none of those guys were in the last two Super Bowls.

Like you, I never thought Matt was a great QB. & it's sad that we're struggling trying to get back to his best days. But this team is more than a QB away from a Super Bowl. I know this, because the run game & the defense didn't show up 2 years ago when Matt was out of the picture.

I'll go back to the Seattle game. "Everybody" wants to say that game changed on the pick6. Arguably we can say that's why we lost (you know my position) but that game changed after the Marshawn Lynch fumble.

After that fumble, the Seahawks defense said, "Nope, we're not going out like this." They held us to a field goal when we started on their 19 yard line. They didn't use the untimely fumble as an excuse for why they couldn't get a stop. They didn't use the 3 & outs we were forcing as an excuse for being tired. They focused on the task ahead of them & played football. We rarely got a first down after that. Then their offense went on a 99 yard TD scoring drive. They didn't throw their hands up because their QB fumbled the ball & recovered it at the one.

They nutted up & overcame and put 7 on the board.

ObsiWan
10-09-2013, 12:56 PM
I think he's gonna announce that they've traded Ben Tate for Peyton Manning. :koolaid::koolaid::koolaid:

Yeah, you're right. Nevermind. :toropalm:
but I'll bet he'd be super on that halfback pass play
:kitten:

Rey
10-09-2013, 01:01 PM
franchise guys...none of which are on this roster currently.

I disagree with your entire statement. I don't think it takes a franchise guy to do that and I'm not sold that Yates or keenum can't be good starters....better than Matt.

mussop
10-09-2013, 01:12 PM

If only Kubiak seen it this way.

Vinny
10-09-2013, 01:17 PM
any news on this meeting other than speculation so far?

Vinny
10-09-2013, 01:20 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/LIVE-Texans-on-Wednesday/0abe8cf6-4518-438f-95d0-be406b98a844

Live presser at Reliant...now

Vinny
10-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Kubiak's body language and demeanor is awful and sad sacky...he comes across as a disaster survivor.

Vinny
10-09-2013, 01:24 PM
"It could have happened, I don't know, I've been busy," Kubiak says on whether Owen Daniels is on IR uh,.....nice

DX-TEX
10-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Schaub starting Sunday....I just don't get it. I know the whole "he is the best option" but he has played like dog crap. The first int he throws Sunday Reliant will get vocally nasty

jaayteetx
10-09-2013, 01:25 PM
For those of us who can't get the video, what's being said? Same ole, same ole?

Vinny
10-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Kubiak on K Randy Bullock missing 5 FGs: "We have confidence in him but he has to be more consistent." - kubes

DX-TEX
10-09-2013, 01:26 PM

Pretty much. Vinny is posting updates

Vinny
10-09-2013, 01:26 PM
His facial expressions are the same as someone who just lost their Grandmother

Vinny
10-09-2013, 01:27 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/LIVE-Texans-on-Wednesday/0abe8cf6-4518-438f-95d0-be406b98a844 live feed

cstyle42
Schaub starting Sunday....I just don't get it. I know the whole "he is the best option" but he has played like dog crap. The first int he throws Sunday Reliant will get vocally nasty

I'm glad Rockets play on sunday too... Kubiak is so freakin biased I can't stand to see his stupid face.

jaayteetx

Insane.

SCOTTexans
10-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Kubiak on K Randy Bullock missing 5 FGs: "We have confidence in him but he has to be more consistent." - kubes

His responses never change no matter what he is talking about. :toropalm:

Vinny
Kubiak says he has no reaction to reports of indecent at Schaub's house. He confirms the TE pick up from the Chargers and Graham starting. Fielding some softball questions

CloakNNNdagger
The responses are as embarrassing as their play has been.

Vinny
10-09-2013, 01:29 PM
John McClain asking Kubiak what his opinion should be for his next article.

IlliniJen
10-09-2013, 01:29 PM

Actually, Kubiak is changing it up. He's at the podium reading his favorite seasonal pumpkin recipes. I can't wait to try out those cream cheese pumpkin bars!

You could put a mannequin up there and press the "play" button on a Kubiak mix tape and it would sound like every other week.

IlliniJen
10-09-2013, 01:30 PM
John McClain asking Kubiak what his opinion should be for his next article.

Ouch! So true...

Mr teX
Let him ride on into the sunset with Schaub...it's ultimately what needs to happen anyway....I keep telling people this guy is as much the problem as Schaub is.

Vinny
Dude looks like he is leading a death march. I wonder if Bob approves of this kind of body language from his leader?

Vinny
Kubiak finished...up comes Dennison next I think.

HOU-TEX
10-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Like I said many a time, status quo

IlliniJen
10-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Let him ride on into the sunset with Schaub...it's ultimately what needs to happen anyway....I keep telling people this guy is as much the problem as Schaub is.

Make no mistake, I think a lot of people buy into that the Texan's problem is a two-headed beast. Kubiak has tied his fate to Schaub...and in that way it's probably a good thing because I don't see them back next season unless miracles happen. Kubiak has been an issue for years now, and a QB with degrading skills and mental toughness is pulling the curtain aside for us all to see what we're really working with...

Vinny
10-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Waiting on Dennison...more dead air....kinda like Schaub's deep ball. On the bright side, there is nobody depressing the hell out of me at the podium.

HOU-TEX
10-09-2013, 01:35 PM
On a typical note....Sharpton did not practice again

Dude's got it made. Skip out on practice, show up game day and get paid

Vinny
Dennison - we all need to get better...not just Matt

CloakNNNdagger
Waiting on Dennison...more dead air....kinda like Schaub's deep ball. On the bright side, there is nobody depressing the hell out of me at the podium.

Ventriloquist act.

Vinny
10-09-2013, 01:36 PM
On a typical note....Sharpton did not practice again

Dude's got it made. Skip out on practice, show up game day and get swallowed up on blocks
fixed it

Vinny
10-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Dennison - "we need to win".

He looks nearly as beat down as Kubiak. How the hell to you instill a big time attitude with Coaches that look like this?

CloakNNNdagger
10-09-2013, 01:37 PM
"Business as usual"..........:rake:...............I feel much better now!

Vinny
10-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Dennison: We need to function better. Each guy needs to do his job better.

or further translated: blah, blah, blah

DX-TEX
10-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Whats this "We" s**t kemosabe?

Vinny
10-09-2013, 01:39 PM
lol Dennison presser over

Vinny
10-09-2013, 01:40 PM
I think we are now waiting on Schaub...another guy with great body language and the facial expressions and demeanor of a warrior....winner.

CloakNNNdagger
10-09-2013, 01:40 PM
"We want to make sure that every player is in the right spot"..........that would mean having Schaub on the bench

DX-TEX
10-09-2013, 01:41 PM
I think we are now waiting on Schaub...another guy with great body language and the facial expressions and demeanor of a warrior....winner.

Bet he answers and sounds just like Kubiak/Dennison

HOU-TEX
10-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 4m
"We installed the offense, he understands what we’re trying to do. It’s business kind of as usual," Dennison added. #Texans

Well of course it is! Why would we expect anything different?

Bumbling buffoons, I tell ya

HOU-TEX
10-09-2013, 01:42 PM
"We want to make sure that every player is in the right sport"..........that would mean having Schaub on the bench

Lmao, that'd still be fitting for a few

Vinny
10-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Kubiak asked if he can tell us what went into decision to start Schaub and he says, "Not really."

Runner
10-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Dude looks like he is leading a death march. I wonder if Bob approves of this kind of body language from his leader?

After about his third season here, I came to the opinion that Kubiak's vaunted leadership was a myth. He isn't a great leader. This is the same ol' Kubiak. Reversion to the norm is making the lack of leadership obvious again.

As I've said before, I think the 12-4 season is the anomaly. Kubiak is just a mediocre coach leading his team to perpetual mediocrity.

CloakNNNdagger
10-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Lmao, that'd still be fitting for a few

(Should have been "right spot")......but either fits.

thunderkyss
10-09-2013, 01:46 PM
All is not lost. Chances are the meeting was to tell the team how to respond if/when Schaub throws an INT.

Defense gets a 3 & out, whether it's for no points or a field goal, he'll pull Schaub. If they give up a 70 yard TD score, expect the entire defense to be benched.

Vinny
10-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Still dead air waiting on Schaub....but seriously, how have Schaub, Dennison and Kubiak had meetings for years and nobody kill themselves? This has got to be the hat trick of depressing dispositions.

Vinny
10-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Kubiak on Schaub: "You're OK when your team starts playing better. He understands that."

You can't make up stuff like this.

ArlingtonTexan
10-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Kubiak asked if he can tell us what went into decision to start Schaub and he says, "Not really."

That's because he has not truly considered NOT starting Schuab. Nothing in the Texans' way suggests anything else. Many people are talking with their dreams, and not the reality of how this team operates.

HOU-TEX
10-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Still dead air waiting on Schaub....but seriously, how have Schaub, Dennison and Kubiak had meetings for years and nobody kill themselves? This has got to be the hat trick of depressing dispositions.

You can't even hear McClain slurping, slobbering and breathing in the background?

jaayteetx
10-09-2013, 01:55 PM
I've never been so unexcited about a game this early in the season...ever!

markn
10-09-2013, 01:57 PM

He should have been honest: "on paper this is an easier game and an opportunity for matt to get some confidence back. After I've called 30 consecutive run plays ya'll will have forgotten who the QB was anyhow".

houstonspartan
10-09-2013, 01:58 PM
i've never been so unexcited about a game this early in the season...ever!

lmao

Vinny
reports are that 3 beat reporters kill themselves after the depressing Texans leadership presser

still waiting on Schaub...but rumor is that he is being fluffed by McClain...so this may take a while.

DX-TEX
Innegan, Sunday, Pick 6, Reliant, while covering Dre......there is a storm coming.

htownfan32
10-09-2013, 02:02 PM
I've never been so unexcited about a game this early in the season...ever!

On the contrary. I am eager to see Schaub throw a pick 6 to Finnegan and get his ass benched.

Vinny
10-09-2013, 02:05 PM
RUMOR: Dead air on presser because Schaub drove to the wrong stadium

stonewhite
10-09-2013, 02:08 PM
What's it going to take to start TJ or Case?

Runner
10-09-2013, 02:10 PM

He may have audibled out of the interview.

Vinny
He may have audibled out of the interview.

you know he's not allowed to do that Runner

Trap_Star

go to roster>>>depth chart on Madden.

Hervoyel
10-09-2013, 02:11 PM

I suspect someone appearing on our schedule this season will need to sign and then play Albert Haynesworth.

JCTexan
10-09-2013, 02:12 PM

More than I want to endure as a fan.

76Texan
10-09-2013, 02:17 PM

Schaub was sent to the airport to pick up Tebow; he's just a little late... Like with his throws.

Porky
10-09-2013, 02:19 PM
Did he mention the biggest debate at the meeting? Apparently from a source close to the Texans (hint: he looks like a Walrus at feeding time) there was heated debate about Chocolate vs. Vanilla ice cream at the meeting. Seems everyone wanted Chocolate except Matt Schaub who wanted vanilla, and Coach Kubes said Matt is the leader of the team, so it's vanilla day at the DQ after the game Sunday.

Rey
10-09-2013, 02:19 PM
Schaub was sent to the airport to pick up Tebow; he's just a little late... Like with his throws.

He's just going to put him right back on the plane like he joked he'd do with Peyton manning.

But oh well....here's to hoping Schaub turns it around :fans: :drunk:

Vinny
10-09-2013, 02:21 PM
apparently there were a few guys who didn't get fries in their happy meals after practice...unfortunately Schaub was one of those guys. Won't be much longer.

76Texan
10-09-2013, 02:23 PM
He's just going to put him right back on the plane like he joked he'd do with Peyton manning.

But oh well....here's to hoping Schaub turns it around :fans: :drunk:

There's a good chance that Schaub makes the wrong read, and gets on the plane instead. :thinking:

Trap_Star
10-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Not Gary Kubiak ‏@NotGaryKubiak

Team meeting went well. Noticed Cushing sinking in his seat a little as Schaubby described the guy who showed up at his house last night.

:trapstar:

Hervoyel
10-09-2013, 02:25 PM
I just don't understand why the people who run this team can't see what's right in front of their eyes where Gary is concerned. How do you get lulled into believing that this guy is head coach/leader material? How do you stay in that Kubiak-Kool-Aid induced coma while watching him make the same mistakes year after year as he slowly crawls forward a team full of athletes who all have expiration dates stamped on them. Gary Kubiak has never given me a single thing to indicate that he understands the concept of urgency. Not in a game, not in a presser. Never.

If Bob McNair can look at him and see an inspiring leader then I despair of Bob ever knowing what one of those looks like.

Vinny
10-09-2013, 02:30 PM
I just don't understand why the people who run this team can't see what's right in front of their eyes where Gary is concerned. How do you get lulled into believing that this guy is head coach/leader material? How do you stay in that Kubiak-Kool-Aid induced coma while watching him make the same mistakes year after year as he slowly crawls forward a team full of athletes who all have expiration dates stamped on them. Gary Kubiak has never given me a single thing to indicate that he understands the concept of urgency. Not in a game, not in a presser. Never.

If Bob McNair can look at him and see an inspiring leader then I despair of Bob ever knowing what one of those looks like.
I've been in management most of my life and it's always attitude determines altitude. Don't know how Bob can see Gary's demeanor and think anything but bad thoughts. I've known accountants that had more charisma and leadership abilities than Kubiak does.

TexansFight
10-09-2013, 02:32 PM

Great post. His lack of urgency has killed me since he first got here. He is not proactive at all. I am getting my lungs ready to BOO LOUDLY on Sunday.

PINK SOAP TIME --- FIRE KUBIAK!

cstyle42
10-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Kubiak is a loser. That is the main idea and conclusion of this idiot. He blames everyone else outside Schaub and pretty much tells Yates and Keenum they are trash by trusting a qb that has thrown 4 straight pick 6's in 4 games over them. Kubiak is destroying this team.

Runner
10-09-2013, 02:42 PM

True Story:

Last year. Seventh grade girls volleyball. The B team is playing. First match of the year.

It is a close match. We break their serve and one of our players rotates up to serve for the set (what we used to call a game). The coach can't watch, and turns her back to the game and doesn't see the winning serve.

One of the server's parents looks at me and says something about the coach not being able to take the pressure. I say something about Kubes and field goals and laugh and laugh and laugh.

That was the only time that rookie coach did that. She knew she had to project confidence and changed her ways. She developed some leadership.

thunderkyss
10-09-2013, 02:49 PM
I understand starting Matt Schaub is counter-intuitive. I understand the success rate is as slim as Tj/Case taking us to the Super Bowl. But if it works, heck if he gets this team to play hard Sunday, it points to his leadership ability & good judgement.

TexansFight
10-09-2013, 02:55 PM
I understand starting Matt Schaub is counter-intuitive. I understand the success rate is as slim as Tj/Case taking us to the Super Bowl. But if it works, heck if he gets this team to play hard Sunday, it points to his leadership ability & good judgement.

Serious question thunderkyss, where do you buy the Kool-Aid you slurp up that allows you to have such wild-eyed optimism. I would like a taste, it would make life easier. Unfortunately, I have pesky things called REALITY and the TRUTH getting in the way. I will hang up and listen to your answer

Hervoyel
10-09-2013, 03:04 PM

I just think you troll with this stuff. It's not like "mean" or "negative" trolling. No anti-social element to it at all. It's just a kind of "all in good fun" trolling that I think you do mainly just for laughs. I really believe that man. I think you post this stuff because you like the response you get. That's the only thing I can think of that makes what you say about Schaub and the Texans make any sense.

Vinny
10-09-2013, 03:29 PM
I just think you troll with this stuff. It's not like "mean" or "negative" trolling. No anti-social element to it at all. It's just a kind of "all in good fun" trolling that I think you do mainly just for laughs. I really believe that man. I think you post this stuff because you like the response you get. That's the only thing I can think of that makes what you say about Schaub and the Texans make any sense. I've tried not to be as mean to TK as I used to be...but I've always kind of seen him as Heisentroll. Peace to you TK. I mean you no harm.

Vinny
10-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Schaub never showed up. I think the team tied him up when Kubiak and Dennison left the team alone during the presser.

Sigma
10-09-2013, 03:33 PM
schaub has the same voice as that cinemasins guy

Vinny
10-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Fries show up...Schaub at the podium

Vinny
10-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Schaub smiling more. I see a slight smile painted on his face like the little drummer boy. Can't notice the wires on the arms but the body language must have been upgraded after the team read the tweets.

Vinny
10-09-2013, 03:38 PM
Shaub has not shown an ability to stand up straight. Crooked smile also.

Vinny
10-09-2013, 03:40 PM
footage of Schaub getting his game face on before the presser

http://clclt.com/imager/arnold-schwarzenegger-in-the-first-total-recall-photo-lionsgate/b/original/2803859/d853/flicks_review1-2_23.jpg

Vinny
10-09-2013, 03:41 PM
JJ Watt up...amazingly he sounds depressed. I actually wasn't expecting that.

Sigma
10-09-2013, 03:42 PM
JJ Watt up...amazingly he sounds depressed. I actually wasn't expecting that.

oh nooo

they broke JJ

:(

gwallaia
10-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Schaub was in the fetal position behind the podium and popped up when it was his time to speak.

htownfan32
10-09-2013, 03:44 PM
What did Schaub actually say? Did he use "we" again?

Sigma
10-09-2013, 03:44 PM
it really sounds like he is dying

HTown2ATX
10-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Innegan, Sunday, Pick 6, Reliant, while covering Dre......there is a storm coming.

Imagine the rage 'Dre would take out on Innegan after that!

:jam:

jaayteetx
10-09-2013, 03:52 PM
So, was the purpose of the team meeting to issue antidepressants to the players?

Wolf
10-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Wonder if the 93 Oilers looked that dejected after their slow start. What made them kick ass for the rest of the Regular season?

fiasco west
10-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Serious question thunderkyss, where do you buy the Kool-Aid you slurp up that allows you to have such wild-eyed optimism. I would like a taste, it would make life easier. Unfortunately, I have pesky things called REALITY and the TRUTH getting in the way. I will hang up and listen to your answer

What did he say that was so out there?

Basically he said if the team wins, Kubiak will look better for it. It's true, winning is the best deodorant.

GoCoogs
10-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Wonder if the 93 Oilers looked that dejected after their slow start. What made them kick ass for the rest of the Regular season?

It's been awhile but if I recall correctly, when Buddy Ryan first installed his 46defense it took them awhile to learn it. But once they got it down they started wrecking shop.

Vinny
10-09-2013, 04:40 PM
It's been awhile but if I recall correctly, when Buddy Ryan first installed his 46defense it took them awhile to learn it. But once they got it down they started wrecking shop.

Buddy Ryan replaced Jim Eddy. The Oilers were dominating teams before the epic collapse to the Bills, but were still a good defensive team and a hell of an offensive team. I never saw this level of sad sack back then.

Uncle Rico
10-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Buddy Ryan replaced Jim Eddy. The Oilers were dominating teams before the epic collapse to the Bills, but were still a good defensive team and a hell of an offensive team. I never saw this level of sad sack back then.

The collapse was 1992. 1993 was the loss to Joe Montanas chiefs. They started off 1-4 and ran off 11 straight. Babygate, Jeff alm suicide, the punch etc...

thunderkyss
10-09-2013, 04:58 PM

I just think you troll with this stuff. It's not like "mean" or "negative" trolling. No anti-social element to it at all. It's just a kind of "all in good fun" trolling that I think you do mainly just for laughs. I really believe that man. I think you post this stuff because you like the response you get. That's the only thing I can think of that makes what you say about Schaub and the Texans make any sense.

Like ComeonBrey said, I'm not predicting anything in this post. I'm not saying Kubiak can get this team to play hard for their QB. & I definitely don't expect them to.

Hope... yes, I hope this team plays hard with their lame duck QB. Because I want to win. I don't think for a minute that this team was built as the perfect platform for Matt Schaub to showcase his abilities & win a Super Bowl. St Louis at home is a game we should win without a QB.

If they can pull it off I believe Kubiak would be more likely to make the change than not.

I don't follow the "logical"(read popular) opinion, but I do try to make sense of what Kubiak is doing, without hate. He's stubborn, his ego, he's incompetent.. all hate. So the question is would I do this? & if I did, why?

My answer is that the QB is only part of the reason we couldn't score in the first half against San Diego, only part of the reason we fell behind Tennessee (Tennessee!!!), a big part, but not the only reason we didn't get into the endzone versus Baltimore, a big part, but only part of the reason we squandered a 17 point lead to Seattle.... imo the QB is 89% responsible for the loss to SanFrancisco, but only 40% responsible for the asswhup'n.

If I thought for one minute that Case Keenum is our future QB (& part of me does) I wouldn't put him out there with that team. He might be "the Savior of this franchise, but barely. He's going to need a lot of help. The kind of help Wilson got when Marshawn Lynch went into beast mode. The kind of help Kaepernick got from the #2 scoring defense.

I want to see that team before I throw an impressionable young QB out there.

Wolf
10-09-2013, 04:58 PM
My fault.. When I think of teams I think of the year they are in playoffs

Wolf
10-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Like ComeonBrey said, I'm not predicting anything in this post. I'm not saying Kubiak can get this team to play hard for their QB. & I definitely don't expect them to.

Hope... yes, I hope this team plays hard with their lame duck QB. Because I want to win. I don't think for a minute that this team was built as the perfect platform for Matt Schaub to showcase his abilities & win a Super Bowl. St Louis at home is a game we should win without a QB.

If they can pull it off I believe Kubiak would be more likely to make the change than not.

I don't follow the "logical"(read popular) opinion, but I do try to make sense of what Kubiak is doing, without hate. He's stubborn, his ego, he's incompetent.. all hate. So the question is would I do this? & if I did, why?

My answer is that the QB is only part of the reason we couldn't score in the first half against San Diego, only part of the reason we fell behind Tennessee (Tennessee!!!), a big part, but not the only reason we didn't get into the endzone versus Baltimore, a big part, but only part of the reason we squandered a 17 point lead to Seattle.... imo the QB is 89% responsible for the lost to SanFrancisco, but only 40% responsible for the asswhup'n.

If I thought for one minute that Case Keenum is our future QB (& part of me does) I wouldn't put him out there with that team. He might be "the Savior of this franchise, but barely. He's going to need a lot of help. The kind of help Wilson got when Marshawn Lynch went into beast mode. The kind of help Kaepernick got from the #2 scoring defense.

I want to see that team before I throw an impressionable QB out there.

I am not advocating for TJ or Case.

But what if a stirring of the pot is needed?

Football is a game of micro seconds and confidence ..this team lacks swagg

Vinny
10-09-2013, 05:06 PM

The collapse was 1992. 1993 was the loss to Joe Montanas chiefs. They started off 1-4 and ran off 11 straight. Babygate, Jeff alm suicide, the punch etc... I didn't put in the dates, but my sequence is right as far as the point of the post. He asked if there was any sad sacky type mentality and I just stated that the Oilers were flying high till the collapse. The collapse was what brought Ryan here. The team had a milkquetoast type personality in Jack Pardee, but Pardee never had the awful body language or poor leadership traits as the Kubiak regime has. A little bit of a Mr Magoo, but certainly no schleprock wowsy, wowsy stuff. Ryan did inject more toughness to the team, but I would not compare it to this situation.

EVOLVIST
10-09-2013, 05:12 PM
The collapse was 1992. 1993 was the loss to Joe Montanas chiefs. They started off 1-4 and ran off 11 straight. Babygate, Jeff alm suicide, the punch etc...

Jeff Alm. I think about Jeff now and again. I know I'm digressing, but as fate would have it, the Harris County Medical Examiners in those days did not have their own body cars, so they outsourced funeral homes to make calls on the scene of a death and take the bodies to the M.E.'s office.

So, as fate would have it (I'll say again), I was working for the funeral home who got the call that night to pick up the body. Yeah, I didn't shoot Jesse James, but I removed the bodies of Jeff Alm and Lynch from the scene and took them to the office on Old Spanish Trail...which, by the way, is just a short distance from the Astrodome and the Vital Statistics office.

thunderkyss
10-09-2013, 05:24 PM
I am not advocating for TJ or Case.

But what if a stirring of the pot is needed?

Football is a game of micro seconds and confidence ..this team lacks swagg

Tj was "marginally" successful as a rookie. He needed a lot of help to get to the divisional round. With mistake free football & a little swagg, this team should be able to get Tj/Case to the AFC Championship game (ala Mark Sanchez).

But not if they play the way the did the last three games. If you were to look past hate, when they defense is on the field, they need to take care of business. What Matt Schaub does has no bearing on what they need to do. If that's Tj/Case in there & he just threw an INT I need to know my defense will stop the other team if the HOF punter on my team puts them on the opponents 30.

Porky
10-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Bring back Jerry Glanville. I'm still awaiting Elvis to pick up his tickets at the will call window. :kitten:

Uncle Rico
10-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Jeff Alm. I think about Jeff now and again. I know I'm digressing, but as fate would have it, the Harris County Medical Examiners in those days did not have their own body cars, so they outsourced funeral homes to make calls on the scene of a death and take the bodies to the M.E.'s office.

So, as fate would have it (I'll say again), I was working for the funeral home who got the call that night to pick up the body. Yeah, I didn't shoot Jesse James, but I removed the bodies of Jeff Alm and Lynch from the scene and took them to the office on Old Spanish Trail...which, by the way, is just a short distance from the Astrodome and the Vital Statistics office.

Wow that's crazy. I remember how they were trying to link the 2 players in a romantic fashion, I never believed it but who knows. I had to clean out the old practice facility on OST as part of some community service I "earned" back then.

Uncle Rico
10-09-2013, 06:17 PM
I didn't put in the dates, but my sequence is right as far as the point of the post. He asked if there was any sad sacky type mentality and I just stated that the Oilers were flying high till the collapse. The collapse was what brought Ryan here. The team had a milkquetoast type personality in Jack Pardee, but Pardee never had the awful body language or poor leadership traits as the Kubiak regime has. A little bit of a Mr Magoo, but certainly no schleprock wowsy, wowsy stuff. Ryan did inject more toughness to the team, but I would not compare it to this situation.

Yup, those teams are the antithesis to these Texans IMO. The oilers were world beaters knocking off many of the top teams of their day. Just those pesky underdogs gave them fits.

TEXANRED
10-09-2013, 06:36 PM

You don't remember Moon getting benched for Commander Cody? The only reason Moon got his job back was b/c Cody pulled his groin.

Seegara
10-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Maybe to poll the team whether they have confidence in him, and resign if they admit they don't.

ObsiWan
10-09-2013, 11:23 PM
You don't remember Moon getting benched for Commander Cody? The only reason Moon got his job back was b/c Cody pulled his groin.
Or at least that's what they told us...
:kitten:

Rey
10-09-2013, 11:30 PM
Wow...y'all are old :tease:

Vinny
10-09-2013, 11:40 PM
You don't remember Moon getting benched for Commander Cody? The only reason Moon got his job back was b/c Cody pulled his groin. You know, since I always call our back-up QB's 'Commander Cody and Gif Neilson', this is the perfect reference really. I don't mean that in a personal way, just in a talent way. Giff and Cody were great back up quality players, kinda like Kubiak when he was backing up Elway. Not really starters though.

I think your reference and point of the matter is that Pardee had the nuts to bench future HOF'er Warren Moon because he kept turning the ball over. Hell, venture out and look up the stats on who has the most fumbles in NFL history and one will find that Warren Moon is number two all-time with 161 fumbles. Ironically, Pardee is an Aggie just like Kubiak. Both are Gentlemen and great people. Very similar really. Pardee had more raw material to work with though. Shaub isn't close to being in Warren Moon's class and stop kidding yourself that Carlson would have kept the job for long. Excellent overall point though.

Quarterback Warren Moon, benched in favor of backup Cody Carlson, threw for two touchdowns after the starter was injured, and the Oilers (2-4) cruised to a 28-14 win.

Moon (16 for 21, 102 yards) entered the game in the second quarter after Carlson took himself out with a severe groin pull.

The 37-year-old veteran admitted it was strange to come off the bench.

"I was stiff as a board, believe it or not," he said. "I hadn't really been throwing the ball on the sideline since the start of the game."

He loosened up in a hurry, completing 4 of 5 passes for 29 yards on an 11-play, 57-yard touchdown drive.

"Warren has been a good quarterback," Oiler Coach Jack Pardee said. "But he suffered some turnovers, and it wasn't all his fault. . . . I think he responded great, like the true professional that he is." http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19931018&slug=1726765

DocBar
10-12-2013, 09:16 AM
I wonder how these decisions are going to affect Watt's decisions when it comes time to negotiate a contract. Just about any team in the league will pay him what he wants. He appears driven to win a championship, so why would he resign with the Texans? This team is falling apart around him.

CloakNNNdagger
10-12-2013, 09:31 AM
I wonder how these decisions are going to affect Watt's decisions when it comes time to negotiate a contract. Just about any team in the league will pay him what he wants. He appears driven to win a championship, so why would he resign with the Texans? This team is falling apart around him.

Well, that solves our Cap thingy, anyways.:gun:

ChampionTexan
10-12-2013, 09:53 AM

You're talking the 2016 off season at the earliest - and that's if they elect not to use the franchise tag. I'll worry about this later - much later.

cstyle42
10-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Schaub's starting was never in jeopardy... Kubiak is not holding him accountable for anything it's all on the team or himself. I don't know if Schaub is giving him blow jobs or not but this era of BS needs to come to a end.

thunderkyss
10-12-2013, 11:17 AM
This team is falling apart around him.

Listening to the Texans (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/houston-texans-official-podcast/id279409851)themselves, I don't get the sense that they're falling apart. Antonio & Manning sound like they definitely don't want a change at the QB position & since both of them have been through that kind of "turmoil" I value their opinion. But Cushing, Wade Smith, Arian... they sound like they're supportive of the no change.

No doubt you see it on the field. Keyshawn Martin's 49 yard return despite the poor blocking, Arian's extra effort despite the poor blocking.

You also see things that don't jive as well. Giving up two 70+ yard TD scoring drives to SF. The frustration shown by Duane Brown & Antonio vs San Fran.

We'll see what kind of effort they put forward tomorrow. Especially after the next interception.

cstyle42
10-12-2013, 11:19 AM
You know, since I always call our back-up QB's 'Commander Cody and Gif Neilson', this is the perfect reference really. I don't mean that in a personal way, just in a talent way. Giff and Cody were great back up quality players, kinda like Kubiak when he was backing up Elway. Not really starters though.

I think your reference and point of the matter is that Pardee had the nuts to bench future HOF'er Warren Moon because he kept turning the ball over. Hell, venture out and look up the stats on who has the most fumbles in NFL history and one will find that Warren Moon is number two all-time with 161 fumbles. Ironically, Pardee is an Aggie just like Kubiak. Both are Gentlemen and great people. Very similar really. Pardee had more raw material to work with though. Shaub isn't close to being in Warren Moon's class and stop kidding yourself that Carlson would have kept the job for long. Excellent overall point though.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19931018&slug=1726765

Black quarterbacks don't get the favor in regards to patience on the football field as white quarterbacks do... especially in a NFL Houston football organization. Now if we can tan Schaub black he would have been cut or benched years ago lol. It's just reality not need to debate this. Good thing Schaub is so terrible that he will keep on screwing up and eventually get benched at least.

Vinny
10-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Black quarterbacks don't get the favor in regards to patience on the football field as white quarterbacks do... especially in a NFL Houston football organization. Now if we can tan Schaub black he would have been cut or benched years ago lol. It's just reality not need to debate this. Good thing Schaub is so terrible that he will keep on screwing up and eventually get benched at least.I was a young man back then and you were just a baby if your profile information is correct. This racist thing was more of a 70's thing that lingered a bit into the 80's mentality across the league but it had nothing to do with Moon. Moon's benching had nothing to do with race. Jack Pardee benching Moon had everything to do with turnovers and nothing to do with race. Bud Adams paid Moon huge money to come from the CFL and say what you want about Adams but he was never afraid to draft or acquire a black QB as well, so there was no directives from up top for sure.

dalemurphy
10-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Listening to the Texans (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/houston-texans-official-podcast/id279409851)themselves, I don't get the sense that they're falling apart. Antonio & Manning sound like they definitely don't want a change at the QB position & since both of them have been through that kind of "turmoil" I value their opinion. But Cushing, Wade Smith, Arian... they sound like they're supportive of the no change.

No doubt you see it on the field. Keyshawn Martin's 49 yard return despite the poor blocking, Arian's extra effort despite the poor blocking.

You also see things that don't jive as well. Giving up two 70+ yard TD scoring drives to SF. The frustration shown by Duane Brown & Antonio vs San Fran.

We'll see what kind of effort they put forward tomorrow. Especially after the next interception.

I agree. I think.this could still be a championship season. This team has more talent, by far, than any Texan team... And thir health is pretty good. Also, the defense looks like it could be special this year... Most nfl champs the past few years have faced similar regular season hurdles. Overcoming adversity during the season in today's NFL seems to be a crucial element to peak at the right time and positioning to make a superbowl run.

Of course, as Texan fans, these disappointments in the past have exposed irreparable weaknesses, not just adversity... So, we aren't trained to have hope in the midst of this crap.

DexmanC
10-12-2013, 06:08 PM
I was a young man back then and you were just a baby if your profile information is correct. This racist thing was more of a 70's thing that lingered a bit into the 80's mentality across the league but it had nothing to do with Moon. Moon's benching had nothing to do with race. Jack Pardee benching Moon had everything to do with turnovers and nothing to do with race. Bud Adams paid Moon huge money to come from the CFL and say what you want about Adams but he was never afraid to draft or acquire a black QB as well, so there was no directives from up top for sure.

Brett Favre got a leash with turnovers far longer than any Black quarterback ever would have. We could at least agree on that. That may have been the young man's point (I'm simply using Favre as an example here.)

thunderkyss
10-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Brett Favre got a leash with turnovers far longer than any Black quarterback ever would have. We could at least agree on that. That may have been the young man's point (I'm simply using Favre as an example here.)

1st Ballot HoF, Living Legend Brett Frk'n Favre.......got a long leash because he was white.

:ok:

EllisUnit
10-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Black quarterbacks don't get the favor in regards to patience on the football field as white quarterbacks do... especially in a NFL Houston football organization. Now if we can tan Schaub black he would have been cut or benched years ago lol. It's just reality not need to debate this. Good thing Schaub is so terrible that he will keep on screwing up and eventually get benched at least.

pretty sure majority of NFL,NBA athletes are African American. Lets not try to make the NFL seem rascist, cause it is far from so especially against blacks.

dc_txtech
10-12-2013, 08:46 PM

Warren Moon
Randall Cunningham

and Josh Freeman off the top of my head would disagree.

The real tragedy is the fact that no NFL coach trusts a white man to play corner back. :kitten:

Texecutioner
10-12-2013, 09:19 PM

ignorance at its finest

thunderkyss
10-12-2013, 09:22 PM
The real tragedy is the fact that no NFL coach trusts a white man to play corner back. :kitten:

You can thank Jason Seahorn for that.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/2000/10/16/monday_roundup_ap/t1_sehorn_ap-01.jpg

DocBar
10-13-2013, 07:31 AM

I'm looking more at body language than spoken language. There are maybe 3 players that could get away with contradicting the "team" line: AJ, Cush and JJ. Maybe Duane Brown or Meyers but I don't see that happening. Anyone else might as well pack their bags and put up the for sale sign in the front yard.

I agree that what we see moving forward will be very telling.

EDIT: I think we saw the troops really rally in the 1st two games. Baltimore was a classic let down game while the loss to Seattle was almost a back breaker. The SF game seemed like a beat down.

This thing with Schaub goes back to last year. 9+ games of mostly mediocre QB play with occasional flashes good to great QB play.

DocBar
10-13-2013, 07:47 AM
You're talking the 2016 off season at the earliest - and that's if they elect not to use the franchise tag. I'll worry about this later - much later.
Watt is a RFA in 2015. I'd worry about it sooner rather than later with the way this season is shaping up.

I wonder what the cap will look like by then. I see Schaub, OD, probably Wade Smith and possibly Antonio Smith gone by them. As well as JJo and Manning.