PDA

View Full Version : Fans show up at Schaubs home - NFL security - HPD involved

MEGA SWATT
10-08-2013, 11:08 PM
I want a change at QB, but that is crossing the line in such a big way. Disgraceful.

*Breaking news*
http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/08/fans-accost-matt-schaub-at-his-home/

A source close to law enforcement told The Fred and Ted Show late Tuesday evening that Houston Police were contacted by the NFL after fans approached Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub at his home and berated him for his recent poor play.

No arrests were made.

“A fan went to his house and told him off,” said the source, adding that another person “took pictures of his family,” which were allegedly posted on Facebook. Fortunately, neither Schaub nor anyone in his family was hurt.

The irate fans left on their own accord before police could respond, and it’s believed Schaub and the Texans contacted NFL Security which asked for assistance from the Houston Police Department after the incident, according to the source.

CretorFrigg
10-08-2013, 11:09 PM
I want Schaub benched as much as the other guy, but going to his house where his family is? That's messed up.

thunderkyss
10-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Classy.

We'll get to show our class come Sunday when I'm sure Schaub will be greated with boos.

dream_team
10-08-2013, 11:12 PM
This is just plain lame & stupid! Some people take sports too seriously.

JCTexan
10-08-2013, 11:14 PM
This is classless and going way too far.

htownfan32
Jeez, I don't like how Matt's been playing as much as the next guy, but these nuts going to his home... that's too much.

Trap_Star
He tried to Zimmerman one of them...but his bullets went back the other way.

amazing80
I want Schaub benched as much as the other guy, but going to his house where his family is? That's messed up.

Agreed

badboy
Can't believe Texans fans did that. Send them to jail. Talk about trash.

Stemp
10-08-2013, 11:16 PM

Not funny

chicagotexan2
10-08-2013, 11:16 PM

I hoped Schaub never wears the texans uniform but geez some people are too stupid to live. Way to be total aholes. I hope someone posts pics of these jackasses on Facebook so their families and employers can see what aholes they are.

Trap_Star
10-08-2013, 11:17 PM
Not funny

Agreed.

he needs to aim better.:kubepalm:

Heath Shuler
10-08-2013, 11:18 PM
prosecuted them to the fullest extent of the law

jaayteetx
10-08-2013, 11:18 PM
People have to be able to seperate Matt the quarterback from Matt the private citizen and family man. For those attending this Sunday's game, please show Matt that not all of Houston is as classless as these "fans" and give him a warm ovation...or at least try not to boo too loudly.

Pollardized
10-08-2013, 11:19 PM
The other day the chronicle had a house for sale on front webpage saying you could be neighbors with a Texan. It was 2 doors down from Schaub. It listed Schaub in the pictures. His house was listed on HCAD under his and Wife's name at that time. Tonight it's listed as CURRENT OWNER on HCAD. Kinda sad people have to take it too far like that.

mussop
10-08-2013, 11:23 PM
These aren't the acts of a sports fan. They are the acts of incredibly stupid people. Their names and pics should be released to the public. They give real sports fans a bad name. People like this should be exposed. Like the guy who threw a beer on Carrs wife or the people who were yelling racial slurs at warren Moon and his family. They deserve to publicly identified and ridiculed.

Texanmike02

I would rather watch HWWNBN wear number 8 than read this again. Bad joke.

Mike

texanskan
Not only is Kubiak killing our season he is literally going to get Schaub killed.

In all seriousness I am going to boo as loud as possible because I want him out as qb but sports are just entertainment and nobody should ever do this crap

CloakNNNdagger
10-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Fans want players to keep their aggressions only on the field...........expectations for fans should be the same. Unbelievably embarrassing to our good fans and to this city, which is already dealing with enough embarrassment as it is.:kubepalm::wadepalm:

texanhead08
10-08-2013, 11:31 PM
I hope they put this idiot under the jail.

legacy_gt
10-08-2013, 11:35 PM
please put these criminals on twitter.

CloakNNNdagger
10-08-2013, 11:35 PM

Or, since he is already a dummy, make him a Texans tackling dummy.

stonewhite
10-08-2013, 11:37 PM
What an embarrassment. I want Schaub gone but this crossed the line. I feel bad for the guy.

TexansFight
10-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Classy.

We'll get to show our class come Sunday when I'm sure Schaub will be greated with boos.

There is nothing un-classy about booing. It is a valid and accepted part of fan behavior. I think this fan crossed the line by going to Schaub's house but I have to admit I am happy to see Texans fans showing more aggression and being more vocal in voicing their displeasure.

For FAR too long, Houston fans and more importantly media have been far too accomodating and accepting of mediocrity. Teams and players in Houston have gotten away with crap that fans and media in Philly, NYC, Boston and Chicago would NEVER accept.

PapaL
10-08-2013, 11:38 PM
You wanna boo a player? By all means.
You wanna spend $300 and burn a jersey? Your money, knock yourself out.

NEVER cross that line between a game and a mans family. He is a husband, father, and somebody's son before he is our QB. Those fans deserve to get their a55's beat. Period.

I am embarrassed by this.

toronto
10-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Sure makes a guy want to play hard for the fans. Such ridiculous and bull**** behaviour. Its ****ing sports people. God damn.

RagingBull
10-08-2013, 11:48 PM
Sounds like Mattie is getting the Jacoby treatment.

MistaRed
10-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Just unnecessary. I hope they find the clown who did this.

TexansFight
10-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Sure makes a guy want to play hard for the fans. Such ridiculous and bull**** behaviour. Its ****ing sports people. God damn.

Don't get your panties in a wad. Any negativity that Schaub gets from people here in Houston is mild compared to the **** he would get on the streets of Phillly, NYC or Boston if he played like he has for us for their teams. The people here in Houston are nice.

To be honest to you, this story kind of smells like b.s. to me, I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans floated this to get people off Schaub's back. This town is rightfully furious with its starting QB and coach.

Pollardized
10-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Chron.com must be run by idiots. This story is front page, then several commenters are calling chron out for blasting Schaub's address on a house listing, with a link to the house listing still on their site. What a bunch of morons.

infantrycak
10-08-2013, 11:57 PM
Totally reprehensible.

For FAR too long, Houston fans and more importantly media have been far too accomodating and accepting of mediocrity. Teams and players in Houston have gotten away with crap that fans and media in Philly, NYC, Boston and Chicago would NEVER accept.

I am sick of hearing or reading this. Every single Houston media member I have heard this week has called for Schaub to be benched and/or said his days as an NFL starter are over. Eli has 3 more INTs with the same TDs, a miserable completion % and 2 fumbles and the Giants are 0-5. Schaub, Kubiak and the Texans are getting more flak than them.

DocBar
10-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Don't mess with Texans. :kitten: :uchicken:

Bulls on Parade
10-09-2013, 12:01 AM
Eli has 3 more INTs with the same TDs, a miserable completion % and 2 fumbles and the Giants are 0-5. Schaub, Kubiak and the Texans are getting more flak than them.
Eli Manning is a two-time Super Bowl champion with his ticket punched to the Hall of Fame in Canton. I'm sure he can suck for the rest of his career and still be deemed an amazing career. Not so much on stats but winning two championships, against Tom Brady and the Patriots no less, that's all people will remember.

toronto
10-09-2013, 12:01 AM
Don't get your panties in a wad. Any negativity that Schaub gets from people here in Houston is mild compared to the **** he would get on the streets of Phillly, NYC or Boston if he played like he has for us for their teams. The people here in Houston are nice.

To be honest to you, this story kind of smells like b.s. to me, I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans floated this to get people off Schaub's back. This town is rightfully furious with its starting QB and coach.

I'm neutral. I hate this wherever it is. I still remember what Mitch Williams endured when he gave up the HR to Joe Carter in 1993. Death threats. same with Grady Little when he left Pedro Martinez in too long. Trust me, I understand how frigging stupid and dangerous fans can be.

And I don't doubt this story at all.

TexansFight
10-09-2013, 12:04 AM
Totally reprehensible.

I am sick of hearing or reading this. Every single Houston media member I have heard this week has called for Schaub to be benched and/or said his days as an NFL starter are over. Eli has 3 more INTs with the same TDs, a miserable completion % and 2 fumbles and the Giants are 0-5. Schaub, Kubiak and the Texans are getting more flak than them.

Bull****. Last week after Schaub GIVING the game away against the Seahawks you had McLain and his accomplices at the Chron and the *********s at 610 defending Schaub. Only after a game of HISTORIC INEPTITUDE do we get calls to bench Schaub.

I went to college in Philly and lived there for 4 years. The drumbeat to replace Schaub would have been beating loudly after LAST SEASON.

ThaShark316
10-09-2013, 12:06 AM

It's sports. In the grand scheme of things, WHO GIVES A ****?

Pollardized
10-09-2013, 12:07 AM
I'm neutral. I hate this wherever it is. I still remember what Mitch Williams endured when he gave up the HR to Joe Carter in 1993. Death threats. same with Grady Little when he left Pedro Martinez in too long. Trust me, I understand how frigging stupid and dangerous fans can be.

And I don't doubt this story at all.

Why is it every time I read something you write, in my head I hear it in a Bob or Doug McKenzie voice, with an "Eh" at the end?????

ThaShark316
10-09-2013, 12:08 AM

Not even remotely funny...

Bulls on Parade
10-09-2013, 12:09 AM
We've had worse happen before unfortunately. I remember there were some drunken and angry Houston fans dumping beer on David Carr's wife and verbally abusing her at a game. Also Dunta Robinson was robbed at gun point at his house but that wasn't based on his play I don't think.

It's starting to get to that point with Matt Schaub. Those same idiot fans are going to run him out of town with malicious hate. They make the rest of us great fans look bad. Schaub is a classy man just like Carr was. It pains me to see such awesome men and their families being treated like this.

I want a change at quarterback but I would love to see Schaub put all of this mess behind him and have a great game on Sunday. He's going to start and we have to support him.

texanskan
10-09-2013, 12:10 AM

The behavior of those fans are unacceptable but Schaub already said he does not play for fans

toronto
10-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Why is it every time I read something you write, in my head I hear it in a Bob or Doug McKenzie voice, with an "Eh" at the end?????

They're much funnier hosers than me eh.

ThaJokaa
10-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Crossing the line is an understatement at this point. I hope they find the scum bag who did it and his ass gets banned from every game and some jail time. I would've pulled out my 12-Gauge and threatened a dude or two in fear of my family's security.

Marcus
10-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Eli Manning is a two-time Super Bowl champion with his ticket punched to the Hall of Fame in Canton. I'm sure he can suck for the rest of his career and still be deemed an amazing career. Not so much on stats but winning two championships, against Tom Brady and the Patriots no less, that's all people will remember.

That is total horsesh!t! The fans in NY want both Manning and Coughlin rode out on a rail. They don't give two sh!ts about the 2 Super Bowls. That's in the past. They are now 0-5, and right now, that's all they care about.

Oh and uh . . . Edit: Fans are flucking morons.

toronto
10-09-2013, 12:20 AM
That is total horsesh!t! The fans in NY want both Manning and Coughlin rode out on a rail. They don't give two sh!ts about the 2 Super Bowls. That's in the past. They are now 0-5, and right now, that's all they care about.

I am very close buddies with two diehard G-men fans and neither is on either guy. That second SB cemented their love of both men. They could go 0-16 and they'd likely take it in stride. Lot easier to do that with those 2 recent rings.

TexansFight
10-09-2013, 12:22 AM
We've had worse happen before unfortunately. I remember there were some drunken and angry Houston fans dumping beer on David Carr's wife and verbally abusing her at a game. Also Dunta Robinson was robbed at gun point at his house but that wasn't based on his play I don't think.

It's starting to get to that point with Matt Schaub. Those same idiot fans are going to run him out of town with malicious hate. They make the rest of us great fans look bad. Schaub is a classy man just like Carr was. It pains me to see such awesome men and their families being treated like this.

I want a change at quarterback but I would love to see Schaub put all of this mess behind him and have a great game on Sunday. He's going to start and we have to support him.

Poor Matt Schaub. I feel so sorry for him. He has $62 million in the bank and will be an albatross for us the next 2 years. Cry me a ****ing river. Some drunk mouthed off big frigging deal. Not a news story IMO. Again, it seems like a plant of a story. Who is the source? Fred Davis of 610 the home of the Texans.

Hookem Horns
10-09-2013, 12:23 AM
I was going to make light of this and say that they should have went to Kubiak's home instead.

However, in all seriousness this is messed up. Sure, on a message board we say things, imply things, joke about things, bash players and at times even interact with others in a way we would never do in person or real life (how many times have you met a message board jerk to find they were really decent people in real life?)

My point being, to really do this is in real life is beyond insane. To literally go to the man's home is a beyond obsessive. We all love sports here however to take it that far means you have greater issues than your favorite team's QB throwing pick 6's every week.

BTW, I lived in Philly even longer TF. While I witnessed a lot of fan on fan violence I never recall hearing about Eagles fans actually going to a player's home in this way.

toronto
10-09-2013, 12:25 AM
I was going to make light of this and say that they should have went to Kubiak's home instead.

However, in all seriousness this is messed up. Sure, on a message board we say things, imply things, joke about things, bash players and at times even interact with others in a way we would never do in person or real life (how many times have you met a message board jerk to find they were really decent people in real life?)

My point being, to really do this is in real life is beyond insane. To literally go to the man's home is a beyond obsessive. We all love sports here however to take it that far means you have greater issues than your favorite team's QB throwing pick 6's every week.

BTW, I lived in Philly even longer TF. While I witnessed a lot of fan on fan violence I never recall hearing about Eagles fans actually going to a player's home in this way.

No, but Mitch Williams sure had it rough.

TexansFight
10-09-2013, 12:25 AM
Not even remotely funny...

I chuckled. Lighten up Francis.

Dan B.
10-09-2013, 12:28 AM
I'm not sure how anyone could think this was made up. The cops were called. Either HPD was in on it or Schaub, the Texans, and the NFL all decided to waste city resources on a prank call.

TexansFight
10-09-2013, 12:29 AM

My freshman year was 1993 the year the Phillies played the Jays in the World Series. Mitch Williams who coughed up the walk-off homer to Joe Carter to hand them the Series had numerous death threats and I think had some **** burned in his yard if I remember correctly.

Personally, I love the passion and intensity of Philly fan. I could relate to them since their teams like Houston's haven't been historically great. The movie Silver Linings Playbook captured the passion they have for their Iggles.

LEATHERHEAD
10-09-2013, 12:34 AM

Weak.no class

Texian
10-09-2013, 12:35 AM
Sad to say that some people are so poorly educated that they're a detriment to society.

Mr teX
10-09-2013, 12:35 AM
Poor Matt Schaub. I feel so sorry for him. He has $62 million in the bank and will be an albatross for us the next 2 years. Cry me a ****ing river. Some drunk mouthed off big frigging deal. Not a news story IMO. Again, it seems like a plant of a story. Who is the source? Fred Davis of 610 the home of the Texans.

Yeah, so you'd take it lightly if some jackass showed up to your private residence "mouthing off" about your performance at your job in front of your fam?

ThaShark316
10-09-2013, 12:36 AM
I chuckled. Lighten up Francis.

Nah, bruh.

LEATHERHEAD
10-09-2013, 12:37 AM
Not only is Kubiak killing our season he is literally going to get Schaub killed.

In all seriousness I am going to boo as loud as possible because I want him out as qb but sports are just entertainment and nobody should ever do this crap

Real Fans dont, Boooooo there team...Sure be upset ,mad,and any of the above.but dont be a 12year old and BOOOOOO. REALLY?:cheese:

DX-TEX
10-09-2013, 12:38 AM
Didn't fans burn Jacoby Jones's jersey in his front yard after the Ravens playoff game?

TexansFight
10-09-2013, 12:44 AM
Yeah, so you'd take it lightly if some jackass showed up to your private residence "mouthing off" about your performance at your job in front of your fam?

Pay me $62 million and coddle me continually and hold me to no accountability and I will sit in the front yard to listen to your mouthing off and will even make you a batch of lemonade every night.

TexansFight
10-09-2013, 12:47 AM
Real Fans dont, Boooooo there team...Sure be upset ,mad,and any of the above.but dont be a 12year old and BOOOOOO. REALLY?:cheese:

Yes boo the team when they deserve it. This is the frigging NFL here. your mentality is the soft, mediocrity accepting Houston fan that I am happy to see is fading from the scene.

I draw the line on booing when it is college kids on down. Mack Brown's coaching deserves to be booed lustily.

LEATHERHEAD
10-09-2013, 12:50 AM

Put Crack pipe down and step away

Brisco_County
10-09-2013, 01:20 AM
Every group of people has its nutjobs. And sometimes those nutjobs make a reputation for your city.

This is pathetic. Probably some idiot fan from this crappy forum.

Yet you just spent energy to post here.

StarStruck
10-09-2013, 01:35 AM
Just to be honest, I will share. On the ride home Sunday evening our little group joked that Schaub probably received a text from Jacoby to hang in there, at least some irate Oakland Southeast fans haven't paid him a home visit. Never in our wildest dreams that what we said would prove to be more than a joke.:)

Seriously, some fans and unfortunately they are the few that get the most publicity need to learn how to separate a game day experience from violent acts. As true of fans that most of us are, none could compare in talent to Schaub, even if he needs to be benched.

waynegg
10-09-2013, 01:45 AM

What law did the idiot break?

LEATHERHEAD
10-09-2013, 01:49 AM

The dont be a DICK Law

waynegg
10-09-2013, 02:02 AM
The other day the chronicle had a house for sale on front webpage saying you could be neighbors with a Texan. It was 2 doors down from Schaub. It listed Schaub in the pictures. His house was listed on HCAD under his and Wife's name at that time. Tonight it's listed as CURRENT OWNER on HCAD.

Probably because linking it to schaub decreased the property value...

waynegg
10-09-2013, 02:02 AM
The dont be a DICK Law

Yeah, that's not a law.

Hookem Horns
10-09-2013, 02:12 AM
Probably because linking it to schaub decreased the property value...

Sounds like a good time to "pick off" a great deal then.

htownfan32
10-09-2013, 02:22 AM
Yes boo the team when they deserve it. This is the frigging NFL here. your mentality is the soft, mediocrity accepting Houston fan that I am happy to see is fading from the scene.

I draw the line on booing when it is college kids on down. Mack Brown's coaching deserves to be booed lustily.

Come to Aggieland and we'll hiss you out of town instead :doot:

It's always funny to see the upperclassmen yelling at the freshmen when they boo in the stands.

The Third Man
10-09-2013, 02:23 AM
There is nothing un-classy about booing. It is a valid and accepted part of fan behavior. I think this fan crossed the line by going to Schaub's house but I have to admit I am happy to see Texans fans showing more aggression and being more vocal in voicing their displeasure.

All of those fanbases are full of dicks. Screw them. Why emulate jerks? It has no bearing on organizations. At all.

SAMURAITEXAN
10-09-2013, 02:24 AM
Wow! This is just too much. Yeah, Matt is playing like XXXX and I don't like it but ultimately Matt is a starting QB because team put him there. Nothing is going to gain from harassing Matt. Some fan:toropalm:

The Third Man
10-09-2013, 02:25 AM

If you come over to somebody's house to ***** at them, you deserve an ass kicking.

waynegg
10-09-2013, 02:35 AM
No doubt about that, but the geniuses seeking criminal charges on some douche for saying his piece was absurd. Speech is one freedom I'm pretty sure we still have (but I admittedly need to check to make sure...)

ArlingtonTexan
10-09-2013, 03:53 AM
No doubt about that, but the geniuses seeking criminal charges on some douche for saying his piece was absurd. Speech is one freedom I'm pretty sure we still have (but I admittedly need to check to make sure...)

Freedom of speech was never an absolute "I can say, anything, anywhere, to anybody, at anytime" concept. since you don't understand that a human's privacy is not a simple "freedom of speech" violation, is okay that I publish your work and home addresses so other posters can yell at you and place pictures of your family to publicly post for not understanding that 'freedom of speech" was largely a concept of the government not making criminals out people who disagrred with the actions of government?

waynegg
10-09-2013, 04:40 AM
It says ...Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

There's no room for misinterpretation (though our politicians seem to think there is) and implicitly says you can SAY what you want without fear of the government saying you can't. It doesn't limit it to speaking about this or that. It very simply says what it says. But, I digress. If you want to snap shots of me while in public and ridicule me...go for it.

htownfan32
10-09-2013, 04:46 AM
It says ...Congress shall enact no law...abridging the freedom of speech.

There's no room for misinterpretation (though our politicians seem to think there is) and implicitly says you can SAY what you want without fear of the government saying you can't. It doesn't limit it to speaking about this or that. It very simply says what it says. But, I digress. If you want to snap shots of me while in public and ridicule me...go for it.

Well, there is a limit, according to the Supreme Court. Imminent lawless action standard, and before that the famous "yelling fire in a crowded theatre" clear and present danger standard.

But I don't think that applies to this situation, anyway. If anything, depending on what happened, Schaub could sue for assault, since as a tort it doesn't require actual physical contact.

Really at the end of the day it's just dicks being dicks. Grounds for civil cases, sure, but not criminal, so I agree with you there.

Norg
10-09-2013, 04:47 AM
awwwww man this is the darkest days for ol Matty and some of the darkest days for the Texans

but u know what cures dem BLues W's

waynegg
10-09-2013, 04:52 AM
Really at the end of the day it's just dicks being dicks. Grounds for civil cases, sure, but not criminal, so I agree with you there.

With the way he's playing though, schaub would have to get it into district court and moved out of state to have a hope for a verdict in his favor :spin:

kingtexan
10-09-2013, 06:12 AM

He had a revolver with "6" shots.

Maybe they got picked ...

kingtexan
10-09-2013, 06:15 AM
but Schaub already said he does not play for fans

Of course not, they only pay his inflated salary ...

TheRealJoker
10-09-2013, 06:54 AM
Fans want players to keep their aggressions only on the field...........expectations for fans should be the same. Unbelievably embarrassing to our good fans and to this city, which is already dealing with enough embarrassment as it is.:kubepalm::wadepalm:

This.

bOODRO87
10-09-2013, 06:55 AM
I hate Schaub as a player, but this is absurb. The nut who showed up deserves a proper ass beating.

bckey
10-09-2013, 07:04 AM
There is no excuse for this type of behavior from fans. Your private life and family are off limits. Its just a game. There are so many more important things in life.

Thorn
10-09-2013, 07:45 AM
Football is WAY to much a part of your life if you do this kind of stuff.

HTown2ATX
10-09-2013, 08:05 AM
I'm just getting to work and this is all I am hearing about. What a fuqing joke. This ass clown needs to be found and beaten publicly for pure idiocy. I want to see Schaub benched as much as the next guy but you don't go personal like this.

I never thought I'd see the day that Houston fans would come anywhere near philthy Philly fans but I see that time is nigh.

For shame.

:toropalm:

HTown2ATX
10-09-2013, 08:19 AM
Apparently from what I am hearing on 610, the Chronicle had Schaub's address posted for some reason which is probably how these people got his address. If so, Chronicle is about to get it's ass sued hard.

Uncle Rico
10-09-2013, 08:22 AM
A sign Schaub hasn't fully assimilated to living in Houston? Not carrying a gun. He has a right to defend his life and his family's against a threat. Not saying shoot to kill, but a knee or foot would send a pretty clear message.

silvrhand
10-09-2013, 08:39 AM

trespassing, shoot him in the knee then go out and throw a big game people's head would explode lol.

http://law.onecle.com/texas/penal/30.05.00.html

(2) received notice to depart but failed to do so.

ATXtexanfan
10-09-2013, 08:41 AM
Wow someone really did this. Unreal

Porky
10-09-2013, 08:47 AM
You wanna boo a player? By all means.
You wanna spend $300 and burn a jersey? Your money, knock yourself out.

NEVER cross that line between a game and a mans family. He is a husband, father, and somebody's son before he is our QB. Those fans deserve to get their a55's beat. Period.

I am embarrassed by this.

I'll sign off on this as well. Completely agreed. I'm embarrassed for our fans and our city 99.9% of whom I believe would never do something like this. These guys should be ashamed of themselves and prosecuted.

Football or sports in general is like the giant toy chest of life. It's a fun diversion and we live vicariously through our grid iron hero's and we want them to do well. It lifts our spirits and we have pride in our team and city when they do well.

But in the grand scheme of things it means about as much as a tick on an elephant's rump. Yes, some of us our passionate about it - but at the end of the day win or lose, life goes on. In truth whether the Texans somehow turn around the season and win the SB, or whether they crash and burn and don't win another game means the same. Each day, I get up, go to work, pay my bills and live my life.

And while I might boo, or say something insulting or crass about MS's play, I would never, ever insult MS the man. Like David Carr, I think he is a fine person and family man from everything publicly known. He is just like me - he gets up every day, goes to work, and pays his bills and he does it as well as he can hopefully and I believe that. It's not good enough right now, but I do believe he is trying. And I get that he is very well compensated - but not well compensated enough to have to put up with moron's that cross the line.

hot pickle
10-09-2013, 08:52 AM
was his name robert di niro? lol oh wait thats baseball

:kingkong:

TejasTom
10-09-2013, 08:52 AM
I'm pretty sure these were converted Cowboy's fans.

StoneCldTAustin
10-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Apparently from what I am hearing on 610, the Chronicle had Schaub's address posted for some reason which is probably how these people got his address. If so, Chronicle is about to get it's ass sued hard.

Someone in his Neighborhood basically used his name as a selling point to try and sell the home, which is how they got the address.

HTown2ATX
10-09-2013, 09:05 AM
Someone in his Neighborhood basically used his name as a selling point to try and sell the home, which is how they got the address.

Yeah that's what I was hearing on 610 too just a few minutes ago. Something to that effect.

Surreal McCoy
10-09-2013, 09:06 AM

Oh FFS! This, right here, is why Houston is still seen as a podunk, redneck town. Well, that and the hyperventilating 'fans' that want to destroy the franchise after every loss.

We have absolutely, without any shred of doubt, the worst fans in the country.

HTown2ATX
10-09-2013, 09:10 AM

You forget Philly young padawan.

Mr teX
10-09-2013, 09:34 AM
You forget Philly young padawan.

At least philly fans are loyal....i've said it, i know DB has said it in so many words...Houston fans are about as bandwagon as it gets....

Yesterday
10-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Matt should carry a gun. I wouldn't have minded if he shot these idiots in the face, get them out of the Houston gene pool.

Yesterday
10-09-2013, 09:43 AM
At least philly fans are loyal....i've said it, i know DB has said it in so many words...Houston fans are about as bandwagon as it gets....

Not true. We sold out every game when we were horrible for about 10 years. Bandwagon fans? New Orleans Saints. Any LA team. Houston fans are legit.

Mr teX
10-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Not true. We sold out every game when we were horrible for about 10 years. Bandwagon fans? New Orleans Saints. Any LA team. Houston fans are legit.

Those sellouts can largely be attributed to folks being happy that the NFL was back in houston...you combine that with us having 1 of the top stadiums in the league at that time & getting to host the SB for the 1st time ever....Those sellouts weren't indicative of true fandom.

In any event, you're only looking at 1 sport....Been over to Minute Maid lately? Yeah, i worked there for a few months & the attendance at those games was pathetic after the 1st month...people were coming out to see stars from the opposing teams moreso than they were coming to see their home town team.

Right now, the hottest ticket in town is to Rockets games....I think we all know why. That's funny considering there was just a story last year or the year before i believe about how fan attendance at rockets games was down something like 60% from the average fan attendance across the NBA..or something to that effect...i remember Charlie P talking about it on the ride home. I suspect that won't be the case this year with all the hype surrounding the Howard acquistion.

Like i said...as bandwagon as it gets in this town.

HTown2ATX
10-09-2013, 10:12 AM

Disagree with Houston having the worst/bandwagon fans. That's just a statement from living here and mainly seeing these fans. I've lived in the DC area, the Philly and NYC area and I can tell you each of those fan bases seemed to have unlimited amount of bandwagoners.

You think places like San Diego and Jacksonville have nothing but loyal to the death fans?

The self loathing of this fan base makes me chuckle from time to time.

The1ApplePie
10-09-2013, 10:13 AM

Yep. I won't be able to escape them either, as they will go back to being Cowboys fans.

Trail.Blazr
10-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Now, for sure, I don't condone this behavior, and I feel somewhat like a bastard for suggesting a conspiracy theory. Apologies if it's not already mentioned in one of the already 5 pages on this thread. In fact, it doesn't even have to be a conspiracy theory...

Now that the story is out there getting public attention, the dumb perps have actually done nothing to further their cause. In fact, it's fair to say, the sympathy gained for Matt Schaub and his family HAS to carry over as a rallying cry from that of his team mates, coaching staff and fan base.

If it is a conspiracy, Gary K is more brilliant than we give him credit for! :kitten:

HOU-TEX
10-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Some morons just can't separate entertainment from reality. I consider myself a hardcore fan, but you just don't mess with another man's family. Even if there wasn't a law, it's a man-law.

thunderkyss
10-09-2013, 10:36 AM
There is nothing un-classy about booing. It is a valid and accepted part of fan behavior.

We can boo Schaub or we can throw him a rally.

Which one do you think would help our team more...

We can say we support our team but act as if we don't.

Not much different than a player who says he supports his QB, but his actions prove different.

I understand being a Texans fan & not a Matt Schaub fan. I think there are all kinds of reasons to boo & every fan has the right to boo. QB throws his 5th pick 6 in a 5th consecutive game..... it's time to boo. QB throws a TD, it's time to cheer.

To boo him as he comes out of the tunnel, to boo him as he's introduced, to boo him as he walks on the field for the first time...... nah. That's the way you great a Dunta Robinson when he returns to Reliant, or any player who took a crap on your team.

Matt Schaub is most likely starting against the Rams. As fans we can help him get over his thing & cheer him as he walks out of the tunnel, as he's introduced, or as he walks on the field for the first time. Matt wants the same thing we do, to win football games.

I personally think we'll be one game closer to life without Schaub if we show him respect & gratitude for everything he's done in the past. Give him a standing O. It would make it easier for Kubiak to bench him without appearing to kowtow to the whims of the fans.

b0ng
10-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Why do people from Houston think it's okay to stalk Texans players off the field and tell them how they feel about their skills at football?

It's embarrassing.

Mr teX
10-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Disagree with Houston having the worst/bandwagon fans. That's just a statement from living here and mainly seeing these fans. I've lived in the DC area, the Philly and NYC area and I can tell you each of those fan bases seemed to have unlimited amount of bandwagoners.

You think places like San Diego and Jacksonville have nothing but loyal to the death fans?

The self loathing of this fan base makes me chuckle from time to time.

Never said every team's fan base is loyal, i only meant that Houston sports teams fan bases seem to have a greater concentration of bandwagoners.

the houston comets won 4 consecutive WNBA championships....it did little to get the fans to continue to come out & as a result they skipped town...I know its the WNBA but still...

I ride & listen to sports radio for at least 2 hours a day during my commute to & from work...sometimes its more than that. I can't tell you how many times i hear people call in saying "I'm not a texans fan, but...." or "I want to support this team but..." or "this is why i'm not a texans fan and will never be....." in regards to Houston sports teams.

Every fan base has them, but the only real times i see this city get behind its teams is when they're winning...If they're not winning, you see just as many Cowboys, Titans, Yankees, Red sox & here lately Miami Heat crap as you do Houston sports teams stuff.

thunderkyss
10-09-2013, 10:43 AM
I am very close buddies with two diehard G-men fans and neither is on either guy. That second SB cemented their love of both men. They could go 0-16 and they'd likely take it in stride. Lot easier to do that with those 2 recent rings.

I've got a die-hard NYGiants fan working with me. NO ONE was more surprised than he was on either Super Bowl.

This 0-5 start has him thinking they're on track for a third.

Tahoegirl
10-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Schaub did not throw an awful pass. He threw a pass to his number 1 receiver who would of thought a second string Nickle back who lost his starting job to Asomugha and was only in the game due to injury would jump the route and make a play. His second pick was on a tip pass and got lucky again. Schaub wasn't throwing bad passes his receivers were not making plays.

It's onething to boo him at a game, it crosses the line when they mess with him and his family at his home. Hopefully they catch this guy and prosecute him to the max. Just down right BS.

HTown2ATX
10-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Never said every team's fan base is loyal, i only meant that Houston sports teams fan bases seem to have a greater concentration of bandwagoners.

the houston comets won 4 consecutive WNBA championships....it did little to get the fans to continue to come out & as a result they skipped town...I know its the WNBA but still...

I ride & listen to sports radio for at least 2 hours a day during my commute to & from work...sometimes its more than that. I can't tell you how many times i hear people call in saying "I'm not a texans fan, but...." or "I want to support this team but..." or "this is why i'm not a texans fan and will never be....." in regards to Houston sports teams.

Every fan base has them, but the only real times i see this city get behind its teams is when they're winning...If they're not winning, you see just as many Cowboys, Titans, Yankees, Red sox & here lately Miami Heat crap as you do Houston sports teams stuff.

The Comets were great but you answered your own question as they say with that one.....it's the WNBA. I put no stock in that issue with fans due to that. Not only was it WNBA but the WNBA didn't have nearly the fan base then that it does now (not that they are a huge league but they have grown since then so it would be interesting to see what the fan base would be like today as opposed to back then).

I personally listen to sports radio (specifically 610) for literally 8 hours a day M-F at my desk at work all day. So of course I hear nothing but the same thing you mentioned. But those are the numbskulls and a very small number of the over all fan base. It's like working in customer service, you work where everyone is going to come get pissed off as customers. So you start to think ALL the customer are pissy idiots who never should have been born but in reality, the amount of people you deal with are a very small amount of the business' clients.

I personally believe Houston has a very good fan base but a lot of over reaction. But to say it's the worst or one of the worst is way off IMO. If you want to hear insane babbling on sports radio from some real pissed off fans listen to sports radio in the north east. This aint $hit down here.

htowntexans1985
10-09-2013, 10:51 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWJBIHuCYAEcs7G.jpg

What he should have done.

thunderkyss
10-09-2013, 11:01 AM
awwwww man this is the darkest days for ol Matty and some of the darkest days for the Texans

Divided soul of a troubled maaaaaaAAAaaan.

The final fight the final need to understand.

His tangled roots ripped from the ground

abandonement & worry forever to be found.

Marcus
10-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Sad to say that some people are so poorly educated that they're a detriment to society.

Yeah, so what's TexansFight's excuse. He's supposedly has an education, and he still is a detriment to society.

TejasTom
10-09-2013, 11:12 AM
These fans are not Texans worthy.

Stemp
10-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Apparently this never happened per chronicle
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/10/report-angry-fans-show-up-at-schaubs-house/?cmpid=hpfc

HTown2ATX
10-09-2013, 11:14 AM
**********************TWITTER:

HPD twitter feed says none of this happened the way it is being protrayed...

https://twitter.com/houstonpolice

They are saying on the official HPD twitter that there was NOT a bunch of fans at his house, police were NOT called to the home.

They reported someone taking pictures and that was it.

WTF is going on with this story?

TexansFight
10-09-2013, 11:16 AM
I'm just getting to work and this is all I am hearing about. What a fuqing joke. This ass clown needs to be found and beaten publicly for pure idiocy. I want to see Schaub benched as much as the next guy but you don't go personal like this.

I never thought I'd see the day that Houston fans would come anywhere near philthy Philly fans but I see that time is nigh.

For shame.

Philly fans are great fans. Passionate, loyal and not accepting of garbage. Their hard edge as a fanbase puts pressure on the Eagles organization in a good way. I am glad to see Houston fans venting and telling McNair and the Texans that same old **** won't fly this year.

I think the fan who went to Schaub's house went over the line. Already there are reports that this was completely overblown. Supposedly, this fan never stepped foot on his property and just yelled **** from his car. Big deal.

TexansFight
10-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Oh FFS! This, right here, is why Houston is still seen as a podunk, redneck town. Well, that and the hyperventilating 'fans' that want to destroy the franchise after every loss.

Bull****. Houston football fans are starved for a true winner and a Super Bowl. The negative reaction is a natural result of all the failures and disappointments we have had as Oilers and now Texans fans.

It is up to management and the players of the Texans to give this city what it needs, a Super Bowl. With the soft Houston media and generally friendly nature of this city, the players and coaches get it VERY MILD here. Trust me.

PHILLYTEXANFAN
10-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Philly fans are great fans. Passionate, loyal and not accepting of garbage. Their hard edge as a fanbase puts pressure on the Eagles organization in a good way. I am glad to see Houston fans venting and telling McNair and the Texans that same old **** won't fly this year.

I think the fan who went to Schaub's house went over the line. Already there are reports that this was completely overblown. Supposedly, this fan never stepped foot on his property and just yelled **** from his car. Big deal.

This is partly true , as being a resident in philly, they are bandwagon jumpers, they hated T.O., but when he was gone all of them cried boo hoo i wish T.O was still here, same with McNabb and others

TexansFight
10-09-2013, 11:22 AM

They are saying on the official HPD twitter that there was NOT a bunch of fans at his house, police were NOT called to the home.

I knew it. I was right all along. I can sniff out BS with the best of them.

markn
10-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Philly fans are great fans. Passionate, loyal and not accepting of garbage...

Mulletts, don't forget the mulletts.

Mr teX
10-09-2013, 11:25 AM
The Comets were great but you answered your own question as they say with that one.....it's the WNBA. I put no stock in that issue with fans due to that. Not only was it WNBA but the WNBA didn't have nearly the fan base then that it does now (not that they are a huge league but they have grown since then so it would be interesting to see what the fan base would be like today as opposed to back then).

I personally listen to sports radio (specifically 610) for literally 8 hours a day M-F at my desk at work all day. So of course I hear nothing but the same thing you mentioned. But those are the numbskulls and a very small number of the over all fan base. It's like working in customer service, you work where everyone is going to come get pissed off as customers. So you start to think ALL the customer are pissy idiots who never should have been born but in reality, the amount of people you deal with are a very small amount of the business' clients.

I personally believe Houston has a very good fan base but a lot of over reaction. But to say it's the worst or one of the worst is way off IMO. If you want to hear insane babbling on sports radio from some real pissed off fans listen to sports radio in the north east. This aint $hit down here.

The bolded is my point though..those fans are passionate enough to call in with that nonstop incessant babbling about their team you're talking about....they're mad & they want everyone to know about it...Most of these Houston bandwagoners probably don't care enough to call in & do that....they're not nearly as emotionally invested....It's all good when everything's going well, but when it ain't they're not trying to be associated with the team.

I hear what you're saying though...maybe it is a little hyperbole, but there's no doubt houston sports fans are the most splintered in the nation..no matter the sport.

It's the biggest reason i always snicker when this talk about bringing the NHL to Houston comes up every year...We can't even keep an IHL team here much less an NHL one...

I suppose

MEGA SWATT
10-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Those sellouts can largely be attributed to folks being happy that the NFL was back in houston...you combine that with us having 1 of the top stadiums in the league at that time & getting to host the SB for the 1st time ever....Those sellouts weren't indicative of true fandom.

In any event, you're only looking at 1 sport....Been over to Minute Maid lately? Yeah, i worked there for a few months & the attendance at those games was pathetic after the 1st month...people were coming out to see stars from the opposing teams moreso than they were coming to see their home town team.

Right now, the hottest ticket in town is to Rockets games....I think we all know why. That's funny considering there was just a story last year or the year before i believe about how fan attendance at rockets games was down something like 60% from the average fan attendance across the NBA..or something to that effect...i remember Charlie P talking about it on the ride home. I suspect that won't be the case this year with all the hype surrounding the Howard acquistion.

Like i said...as bandwagon as it gets in this town.

This is not always a measurement of bandwagon-ness because there are many die-hard rocket fans that choose not to go to games b/c it is too expensive, loud and inconvenient as many games are during the work week and end late at nite- affecting your work etc the next day when your dead tired. It is much easier to watch these games at home on your 70" flat panel HD TV, while eating your dinner -in the comfort of your home. Players like DH and the Beard make these fans spring for the cash to see a few more games in person, but again that is not necessarily a measurement of bandwagon-ness.

kingtexan
10-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Not saying shoot to kill, but a knee or foot would send a pretty clear message.

Hope you don't have a CHL.

Using a gun should be a last resort, but if it is necessary, you don't shoot to wound.

CloakNNNdagger
10-09-2013, 11:28 AM
I would hate to think that the original story was not a "set up." I would love to know the source for that original story.

markn
10-09-2013, 11:30 AM
It is much easier to watch these games at home on your 70" flat panel HD TV, while eating your dinner -in the comfort of your home.

Not a uverse subscriber then?

CloakNNNdagger
10-09-2013, 11:35 AM
As of just a few minutes ago, the original phoney story is still being propagated in many ways by the NFL.

NFL Security responds after fan incident at Schaub home (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000259679/article/nfl-security-responds-after-fan-incident-at-schaub-home?campaign=Twitter_atl)

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League Editor
Published: Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:08 a.m.
Updated: Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:13 a.m.

NFL V.P. of security Jeff Miller confirmed Wednesday to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport that the league was contacted after an incident at the home of Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub involving a fan.

"This is a little unusual in that we don't normally have fans acting in this way, going to a players residence that sort of thing," Miller said. "In this case, Monday afternoon, a vehicle pulled into his driveway, an unidentified individual yelled obscenities. The police department is involved. We've been in contact with them as we normally would for anything like this. And because its a team issue, they have a security director, we work with them.

"In this case, they'll be working closely with the police department. But it's going to be investigated and handled seriously by Houston Police Department."

Fred Davis of CBS Radio 610 in Houston first reported that reported Schaub was confronted at his home by a fan. Houston Police announced Wednesday morning that police were not called to the home. A family member reported seeing a suspicious male taking pictures in the driveway, police said. No one was arrested or harmed.

Miller explained that the league will coordinate with team security to provide extra support because this story is now in the public eye. He also said that security can be provided for Schaub's family when he is traveling and they "don't need to be subjected to things like this."

The original story stated that a GROUP of angry fans left before the police arrived..........now it is only A fan (and they can't even verify that the fan was there for any reason but to take pictures of Schaub's home......people take pictures of my home all the time) that was involved.

Mr teX
10-09-2013, 11:39 AM
This is not always a measurement of bandwagon-ness because there are many die-hard rocket fans that choose not to go to games b/c it is too expensive, loud and inconvenient as many games are during the work week and end late at nite- affecting your work etc the next day when your dead tired. It is much easier to watch these games at home on your 70" flat panel HD TV, while eating your dinner -in the comfort of your home. Players like DH and the Beard make these fans spring for the cash to see a few more games in person, but again that is not necessarily a measurement of bandwagon-ness.

short of asking every person in the city who their team is...there isn't any true way of finding out who's a bandwagnoner & who's not.....but fan attendance at games does speak to it though. besides, what you say can be extrapolated to every professional team..

Jags team owner: "yeah, this city is behind us fully, they love us.....We just put those tarps up in the stands b/c we wanted to make sure all our fans watching at home could get a good view of our newly designed team logo.."....:rolleyes:

Hookem Horns
10-09-2013, 11:40 AM
This thing has gone national. They just spent 30 minutes discussing this story here on the Tampa Bay sports radio station 620 WDAE and they keep repeating it on the sports update.

I also saw it talked about on the NFL Network this morning. I am sure Jay Moore is going to have a ball with this also.

Great job dumbazzes! You put Houston in the national spotlight today.

IlliniJen
10-09-2013, 11:41 AM
This thing has gone national. They just spent 30 minutes discussing this story here on the Tampa Bay sports radio station 620 WDAE and they keep repeating it on the sports update.

I also saw it talked about on the NFL Network this morning. I am sure Jay Moore is going to have a ball with this also.

Great job dumbazzes! You put Houston in the national spotlight today.

And now the HPD is denying an incident took place. 610am probably screwed the pooch on this one.

TexansFight
10-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Fred Davis needs to be strung up on a pole and tis "story" needs to be shoved back up his ass. Good to see my BS detector still working nicely after all of these years.

kingtexan
10-09-2013, 11:44 AM
the HPD is denying an incident took place

Like any good mafioso would ...

HTown2ATX
10-09-2013, 11:45 AM

BUMP for people who didn't see.

MEGA SWATT
10-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Not a uverse subscriber then?

oh, forgot about that little issue......that sux for those not on Comcast.

Yes, I have Comcast.

Hookem Horns
10-09-2013, 11:59 AM
And now the HPD is denying an incident took place. 610am probably screwed the pooch on this one.

Ahh geez, so the dumbazzes are not stupid fans but whomever put this out there? The radio station or someone with interest in gaining sympathy for Schaub?

bOODRO87
10-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Ahh geez, so the dumbazzes are not stupid fans but whomever put this out there? The radio station or someone with interest in gaining sympathy for Schaub?

If nothing ever happened to Schaub's privacy, awesome. One might say this could be a catalyst for things to come..:kingkong:

gwallaia
10-09-2013, 12:24 PM

Too late, the first story is already out there. That will be all that counts.

thunderkyss
10-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Matt should carry a gun. I wouldn't have minded if he shot these idiots in the face, get them out of the Houston gene pool.

Probably would've been the best thing he could do. If that doesn't fix Matt, nothing will.

Think about it. If he had shot that guy, who's going to say anything if he throws another pick 6?

I know I won't.

thunderkyss
10-09-2013, 12:30 PM
His second pick was on a tip pass and got lucky again. Schaub wasn't throwing bad passes his receivers were not making plays.

To be fair, he's the one who tipped the pass.

DX-TEX
10-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Probably would've been the best thing he could do. If that doesn't fix Matt, nothing will.

Think about it. If he had shot that guy, who's going to say anything if he throws another pick 6?

I know I won't.

something.....something....bullets intercepted....lol

handswarmer
10-09-2013, 12:47 PM
That's just really poor taste shown by 1 fan, not an indictment of the fan base.

Wishing injury upon players, showing up at the house, cheering an injury= all are grounds for losing your fan card.

ThaShark316
10-09-2013, 01:02 PM
That's just really poor taste shown by 1 fan, not an indictment of the fan base.

Wishing injury upon players, showing up at the house, cheering an injury= all are grounds for losing your fan card.

Yeppppppppppppp.

houstonspartan
10-09-2013, 01:09 PM

This is why I don't bet on sports. I'm willing to bet (see what I did there?) that this is someone who is big into gambling on sports. Nine times out of 10, the really over-the-top, insane guys are the one's who have foolishly bet their mortgage payment on a game.

Nawzer
10-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Unacceptable behavior. You don't like Schaub, boo him at the game. Schaub seems like a good guy with a nice family. Shame that his family had to go through this because it is frightening.

Double Barrel
10-09-2013, 01:23 PM

Go ahead and try your free speech limits at the local airport. Just say one word, because, you know, it's free speech and all.

Try it and get back to us.

That word would be "bomb".

Good luck!

Yeah, all those consecutive sellouts at Reliant. So much to be proud of there.

Let's not mention personal seat licenses and corporate owned season tickets. That might undermine the bragging rights.

Too late, the first story is already out there. That will be all that counts.

Yep. The infamous Philly-fan-throwing-stuff-at-Santa is case in point. Regardless of what really happened, the public will always keep the urban legend alive to represent an entire fan base and city.

Vinny
10-09-2013, 01:32 PM
https://twitter.com/houstonpolice/status/387950913870000128

Bulls on Parade
10-09-2013, 02:10 PM
I knew the story was sensationalized and fabricated beyond belief. Wouldn't shock me if it was just a realtor, or somebody working for them, taking some photos of the neighborhood. I've seen them at work before and it's not uncommon. Who is the bonehead who jumped the gun and reported this story on sports radio yesterday?

Mr. White
10-09-2013, 02:20 PM

I figured as much. This rings of the "angry mob burning Jacoby Jones' jersey in front of his house" story.

Funny how this thing turned into gospel overnight with zero evidence. Nothing to see here, just a spin machine at work.

Double Barrel
10-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Man, this story is going to stain Houston for awhile. I've already heard from two of my agents - one in Boston and another in Seattle - and they are giving me all kinds of grief as a Texans fan. Even after I sent them the updates on the 'story', they continue to have fun with it.

Freakin' 610. They already suck with Josh Innes, and now they pull this crap. Pathetic. Their only saving grace is Seth Payne, IMO.

houstonspartan
10-09-2013, 02:31 PM
Go ahead and try your free speech limits at the local airport. Just say one word, because, you know, it's free speech and all.

Try it and get back to us.

That word would be "bomb".

Good luck!

Lol. Yep. People like to trot out the free speech argument, but don't understand there are consequences to free speech.

As a black dude, you have the freedom to call me a racial slur. In response, I have the freedom to punch you in the mouth. And, a bonus: me punching you in the mouth would bring zero consequences, because the comment would be considered hate speech.

So, yeah, say what you want, but be prepared to deal with the fall out.

htowntexans1985
10-09-2013, 02:31 PM
LOL. Man kubiak is pulling out all the stops to try to get this team to rally behind schaub. Guess this story has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

houstonspartan
10-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Man, this story is going to stain Houston for awhile. I've already heard from two of my agents - one in Boston and another in Seattle - and they are giving me all kinds of grief as a Texans fan. Even after I sent them the updates on the 'story', they continue to have fun with it.

Freakin' 610. They already suck with Josh Innes, and now they pull this crap. Pathetic. Their only saving grace is Seth Payne, IMO.

How is this going to stain Houston? Let's be real: if Schaub were playing on an East Coast team, this would have gotten a lot nastier a LONG time ago. No, I'm not saying it's ok to approach a players home; I'm saying that, if he were playing elsewhere, fans would have BURNED HIS HOUSE DOWN by now.

So, this story being false - or even true - doesn't reflect on Houston fans at all, in my opinion.

DX-TEX
10-09-2013, 02:42 PM
At this point I believe this is a non story blown way out by local media.

I think it is a diversion by the franchise in all honesty

TexansFight
10-09-2013, 02:48 PM
At this point I believe this is a non story blown way out by local media.

I think it is a diversion by the franchise in all honesty

Couldn't agree with you more. Don't I get some credit for calling this BS last night :fingergun:

DX-TEX
10-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Couldn't agree with you more. Don't I get some credit for calling this BS last night :fingergun:

Look at it:

Last night: mod shows up, confronts Matt, takes pictures of his family and verbally assaults them

Today: One person, took some pictures and didn't say anything.

edwardc5637
10-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Its' only a game you don't mess with a man's family like that.

TexansFight
10-09-2013, 04:00 PM
In light of this afternoon's announcement that Schaub will be starting, is there ANY DOUBT whatsoever that the Texans floated this BS non-story to try to tame the legitimate and justified white-hot anger towards our lousy starting QB. Trying to build sympathy for the loser and shifting the focus from his poor play to he and his family being "victims" of mean old Texans fans.

It is classic media manipulation seen all the time in politics. *******s like Craig James (CJK5H - he who killed 5 hookers while at SMU) used the same filthy tactics to smear a good man and great coach in Mike Leach getting him fired from Tech.

HouTx11
10-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Sometimes the media reports the news.

Sometimes the media just blows smoke up people's bass just to stir the pot and enjoy the attention directed to them.

htowntexans1985
10-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Anyone know why McClain is still running with this story?

Edit: Not that McClain has ever actually ran anywhere in his lifetime.

Big Lou
10-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Schaub threw out to the media that he was worried about fans coming to his house, and then the media took that and ran the other way for a score.

Seegara
10-09-2013, 08:42 PM
If it wasn't for low class, they wouldn't have any at all.

waynegg
10-09-2013, 09:10 PM
trespassing, shoot him in the knee then go out and throw a big game people's head would explode lol.

http://law.onecle.com/texas/penal/30.05.00.html

(2) received notice to depart but failed to do so.

The street and sidewalk are public domain

waynegg
10-09-2013, 09:11 PM

Huh... I stand corrected...

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr347/text

infantrycak
10-09-2013, 09:21 PM
The street and sidewalk are public domain

Driveways are not (and sidewalks are quasi but not going to sidetrack onto that).

Brisco_County
10-09-2013, 09:52 PM
The Texans have finally made it on the Drudge Report... For the wrong reasons.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a549/Brandon_Boyle/Texans-Drudge_zps0865c70b.gif

Drudge received 34,648,027 unique hits today.

And I quote myself.

Every group of people has its nutjobs. And sometimes those nutjobs make a reputation for your city.

steelbtexan
10-09-2013, 10:00 PM
I wonder who OK'ed putting out this false story and why the national media took this story and ran with it?

What upsets me is it makes the best fanbase in the entire NFL (THE GREAT FANS of the HOUSTON TEXANS) look like a bunch football crazy hicks. Which furthers the country bumkin stereotype.

I just wish Houston Texans management cared as much about winning as the GREAT FANS of the HOUSTON TEXANS do.

Coach Joe MUST GO.

SchaubApologist
10-09-2013, 11:53 PM
I wonder who OK'ed putting out this false story and why the national media took this story and ran with it?

What upsets me is it makes the best fanbase in the entire NFL (THE GREAT FANS of the HOUSTON TEXANS) look like a bunch football crazy hicks. Which furthers the country bumkin stereotype.

I just wish Houston Texans management cared as much about winning as the GREAT FANS of the HOUSTON TEXANS do.

Coach Joe MUST GO.

I won't put it past the Texans spin doctors to draw pity towards matt schaub. the whole thing is skeptical at best, and when that is the scenario, always assume the worst.

toronto
10-10-2013, 01:12 AM

Coach Joe MUST GO.

Kyle Williams had death threats after he fumbled away the NFC Championship game vs the NYG, and Mitch Williams had death threats after he gave up the walkoff to Joe Carter...so it's not just hicks, but hippies and urban elite as well.

Or this tweet at Steve Blake after he missed a 3-ball in the playoffs vs the Thunder

Wow RT @JAMESALLONYOU: @SteveBlake5 I just don't get it, You ***** nigga. I hope your family gets murdered. ****

— kristen blake (@kristenblake2) May 17, 2012

No one has a patent on stupidity.

Vinny
10-10-2013, 01:15 AM
Drudge and Spin Doctors, oh my. All we need is for this story to show up on infowars. Has Alex Jones weighed in on this yet?

Vinny
10-10-2013, 01:25 AM
Kyle Williams had death threats after he fumbled away the NFC Championship game vs the NYG, and Mitch Williams had death threats after he gave up the walkoff to Joe Carter...so it's not just hicks, but hippies and urban elite as well. No one has a patent on stupidity.

Sports fans are a reflection of the greater society and there are a lot of loose nuts out there. At least we don't have to deal with that crazy soccer hooliganism crap that goes down over in Europe. I know most of that is fan on fan stuff but some of those soccer and basketball games get nutty and they go after players, coaches and refs. I've seen fans just go after some guys.

Trail.Blazr
10-10-2013, 06:34 AM
Now, for sure, I don't condone this behavior, and I feel somewhat like a bastard for suggesting a conspiracy theory. Apologies if it's not already mentioned in one of the already 5 pages on this thread. In fact, it doesn't even have to be a conspiracy theory...

Now that the story is out there getting public attention, the dumb perps have actually done nothing to further their cause. In fact, it's fair to say, the sympathy gained for Matt Schaub and his family HAS to carry over as a rallying cry from that of his team mates, coaching staff and fan base.

If it is a conspiracy, Gary K is more brilliant than we give him credit for! :kitten:

Now I feel less of a bastard. Not being sure of who's actually behind it, certainly the media blew it up and made A-holes out of alot of sympathetic fans.

If anything, it does go to show what class a majority of the fanbase on this forum has.. While calling for someone's head for their on the field antics, yet seemingly having that same individual's back for their off the field plight(as led to believe).

Despite the worst some of us may think of Schaub the player in the NOW, Schaub the person is a stand up guy, nobody wants to see harmed.

Kudo's to all for having brass to call things for what they are on both sides of the fence. Fuels me to overlook some of the trivial BS I witness on this forum from time to time.

HTown2ATX
10-10-2013, 09:53 AM
It's funny how hard 610 is flailing about to protect their guy who put out this story that has pretty much been shot down. I start listening to them everyday at 7am and so I texted the morning show to ask if they addressed this yet and they texted back how their original story is still accurate.

They then just now at around 8:30 flailed some more about how HPD is trying to downplay the story never mind Schaub himself denying anyone accosting him or his family. So this story is still just crazy and I don't think anyone know WTF happened outside Schaub and his family but I know this, 610 was inaccurate and the harder the flail the more I believe it. Something is awfully wrong with this picture/story.

I hesitate to go full bore planted story to gain sympathy for Schaub but........

:tinfoil:

Trail.Blazr
10-10-2013, 10:11 AM
It's funny how hard 610 is flailing about to protect their guy who put out this story that has pretty much been shot down. I start listening to them everyday at 7am and so I texted the morning show to ask if they addressed this yet and they texted back how their original story is still accurate.

They then just now at around 8:30 flailed some more about how HPD is trying to downplay the story never mind Schaub himself denying anyone accosting him or his family. So this story is still just crazy and I don't think anyone know WTF happened outside Schaub and his family but I know this, 610 was inaccurate and the harder the flail the more I believe it. Something is awfully wrong with this picture/story.

I hesitate to go full bore planted story to gain sympathy for Schaub but........

OMG, there was a literal "Meltzdown" yesterday on 610 with the suggestion of it being a conspiracy. Lost a what little respect I had for the weasle.

kingtexan
10-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Didn't they catch the guy, and ask Matt to come down to the station and "pick" him out of a line-up of "six"?

:kubepalm:

HTown2ATX
10-10-2013, 10:32 AM
OMG, there was a literal "Meltzdown" yesterday on 610 with the suggestion of it being a conspiracy. Lost a what little respect I had for the weasle.

Yeah I heard him going off yesterday and then Seth Payne interrupted him and mentioned how HPD tweeted the story may not be what we thought and Meltser had to calm down a bit but still kept his position. But you could hear some of the air come out of him.

TexansFight
10-10-2013, 10:52 AM

I heard the same thing. Great job and keep up the pressure to expose these *******s and their agenda.

DX-TEX
10-10-2013, 10:59 AM
And people scoffed at me yesterday when I even suggested this whole story was made up.

CloakNNNdagger
10-11-2013, 12:36 PM
After Schaub essentially saying what he said about the incident..............

houston police ‏@houstonpolice 9 Oct
Schaub family has filed report with HPD regarding two separate trespassers. Investigation in earliest stages. No other info at this time.

:kitten:

False Start
10-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Drudge and Spin Doctors, oh my. All we need is for this story to show up on infowars. Has Alex Jones weighed in on this yet?

Yeah he said the pick 6's were an inside job.