PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak on now. Schaub @ 6:00

thunderkyss
10-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Just in case you want to hear their spin straight from their own mouths.

SportsRadio610 (http://betaplayer.radio.com/player/sportsradio-610)

CloakNNNdagger
10-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Just in case you want to hear their spin straight from their own mouths.

SportsRadio610 (http://betaplayer.radio.com/player/sportsradio-610)

I got in mid way. What did he say about the QB position?

thunderkyss
10-07-2013, 06:46 PM
I got in mid way. What did he say about the QB position?

Nothing we want to hear.

Schaub is struggling. Only way out is to play through. Tj & Case continue to push Schaub. Won't be cornered into answering if he thought about benching Schaub or going with Tj or Case.

"pleased" that Tj was able to get a couple of snaps last night.

texanskan
10-07-2013, 06:47 PM
I honestly can't stand these two and im not going to listen to a program that won't ask the right questions.

CloakNNNdagger
10-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Nothing we want to hear.

Schaub is struggling. Only way out is to play through. Tj & Case continue to push Schaub. Won't be cornered into answering if he thought about benching Schaub or going with Tj or Case.

"pleased" that Tj was able to get a couple of snaps last night.

Pretty disappointing then. Thanks for the info.

Wolf
10-07-2013, 06:51 PM
He has been struggling since what? December of last year?

Vinny
10-07-2013, 06:56 PM
He has been struggling since what? December of last year?since we fell off of our quick start last year (game 12). We are 4-7 since then.

thunderkyss
10-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Pretty disappointing then. Thanks for the info.

It's all about perspective. We don't give a sht if Kubiak is fired at the end of the season. Some of us want him gone & have wanted him gone for years. 12-4, 10-6, don't matter.

So it's easy for us to say, "Matt's the problem, you gotta start Keenum."

But this is Kubiak's livelihood & the consequences of his decisions are going to be much closer to home for him than us. None of us are going to have to pack up & move on if we're wrong.

HTown2ATX
10-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Listened to Kubes...not much there IMO, typical double talk save for leaving the door open to a QB change but nothing definitive....aka Schaub will start but he wants to give the appearance of some long thought out decision.

Schaub starts in a sec.....I'm probably gonna leave work instead of stick around and here more corporate speak. Especially from Schaub with his "We" need to get better.....fap fap fap

kingtexan
10-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Matt still sticking with the "WE" and "US" comments.

What a spineless coward.

thunderkyss
10-07-2013, 07:13 PM

What a spineless coward.

A spineless coward would have closed his twitte..... wait a minute.

CloakNNNdagger
10-07-2013, 07:22 PM

What a spineless coward.

You noticed too? Can't believe it.........after he had opportunity to

think about how it all sounded the first time.

CloakNNNdagger
10-07-2013, 07:24 PM
It's all about perspective. We don't give a sht if Kubiak is fired at the end of the season. Some of us want him gone & have wanted him gone for years. 12-4, 10-6, don't matter.

But this is Kubiak's livelihood & the consequences of his decisions are going to be much closer to home for him than us. None of us are going to have to pack up & move on if we're wrong.

And none of us get millions of dollars to make decisions, whether they are good or not.

kingtexan
10-07-2013, 07:25 PM
You noticed too? Can't believe it.........after he had opportunity to

think about how it all sounded the first time.

As I listened, I could just hear Kubes telling him to only refer to any questions with a team oriented answer, and not to take the blame on himself. Seems like something Gary might do at least ...

drs23
10-07-2013, 07:28 PM

And neither does he.

Gary Kubiak can sit under his pagoda, smoke a fattie of the finest, never have his Lass cook another meal eating at the finest dineries in the WORLD every night for the rest of his life and still afford his offspring a healthy inheritance with all the cash the game has afforded him over the years. We all know that's not his gig though even if he CAN DO IT.

He's a workaholich, type A control freak who would need to hire someone to field the calls for his services. He wouldn't be unemployed long.

Just being a little long winded with my post and trying to stretch to four paragraphs 'cause GP's not around so much anymore. :smooch:

RTP2110
10-07-2013, 08:24 PM
He has been struggling since what? December of last year?

Ever since he missed Foster wide open underneath, and threw that terrible end zone interception in New England. That was it. That was him stepping up to the next level, and he failed miserably. So he went back into his shell, deep inside his shell.

thunderkyss
10-08-2013, 08:02 AM
Ever since he missed Foster wide open underneath, and threw that terrible end zone interception in New England. That was it. That was him stepping up to the next level, and he failed miserably. So he went back into his shell, deep inside his shell.

I truly think that's it. He's "learning" how to make plays & it's not working for him. He's probably going to go even deeper into his conservatism & that's not going to help us at all.

Malloy
10-08-2013, 08:18 AM

What a spineless coward.

In all honesty, when we were doing well and winning games, Schaub always said 'we' and 'us'.

Blame him for his game, as he should be, but doing the whole team thingie is nothing new, and I actually appreciate that. It's not about owning up as much as it is to present the team as unified.

Rey
10-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Matt "looks" the same to me.

This is the same guy that tried to throw an out route against Baltimore in overtime a few years ago and had it returned for a touchdown.

The best he's ever played was last year in Denver. In the mile high air. He made great throws against a good defense.

Matt has built up his stats and reputation on the back of the bootleg. He built his stats making "comebacks" against soft defenses. He built his stats against mediocre teams in games where there was not as much pressure.

I have 0 faith in Schaub to make plays against a good team in a big game.

thunderkyss
10-08-2013, 08:21 AM
Matt "looks" the same to me.

This is the same guy that tried to throw an out route against Baltimore in overtime a few years ago and had it returned for a touchdown.

Agreed.

houstonspartan
10-08-2013, 10:52 AM

Sigh.

Three things.

1) If Kubiak can't pay his bills on the millions he makes per year, I don't know what to say. Even if we fire him after this year, he'd still have, what, one year left on his contract? That's an extra 4 or 5 million a year he'd get? If he and his family can't make it on that, well, they need better financial planners.

2) Kubiak does not act, nor coach, like a person who wants to keep his job. Bosses sometimes have to make tough calls, like replacing someone who isn't working out. Kubiak refuses to do that (Joe Marciano).

3) NFL teams are billion dollar corporations. Their overall fortunes rise and fall on wins and losses. Thus, the head coach is, in a sense, the CEO of the company in that the overall value of the company is tied to his performance. As a result, Gary is well-compensated for his objective. If Gary can't perform, he should be replaced. It's as simple as that.

badboy
10-08-2013, 10:55 AM

But this is Kubiak's livelihood & the consequences of his decisions are going to be much closer to home for him than us. None of us are going to have to pack up & move on if we're wrong.If I keep making incorrect decisions that costs my employer money and pisses off our customers, yes I will have to move on.

thunderkyss
10-08-2013, 05:39 PM
If I keep making incorrect decisions that costs my employer money and pisses off our customers, yes I will have to move on.

No sht. I didn't say any different.

Everyone in here is saying that Yates/Keenum can't do worse than Schaub. While it's most likely true that they couldn't do any worse over the last three games, we don't know that to be true. Before the season started we knew this was going to be a difficult stretch & some of us probably predicted 0-3. Did it really make sense to start our back-ups back-up?

I'm not happy about what I've paid for so far. I think a 3 game losing streak is unacceptable. But ultimately Kubiak is going to be judged on this teams performance after 16 games. Maybe less, but obviously more than 5.

I can say put in Keenum, I can say put in Yates. If that nets no play-off appearance, I'm going to be upset & call for Kubiak's job. At the end of the day, that's all I care about, a play-off appearance & a shot at a championship. I don't care if Schaub is the QB, or if Kubiak puts the pads on himself. If the Texans are in the Super Bowl I'm happy.

No... after what I've been watching for the last 5 weeks, I can't imagine this team in the Super Bowl, with Yates, Keenum, or Schaub. But at this time last year I couldn't imagine the Ravens in the Super Bowl either.

HJam72
10-08-2013, 07:39 PM
No matter what happened in preseason, Schaub was going to be our starter at the beginning of the season.

Keenum actually outplayed Yates in preseason, but Kubes always has to wait a year to react to a younger player outperforming a more experienced one. It's part of his MO.

Keenum is only our back-up's back-up based on "years-of-service."

kingtexan
10-08-2013, 08:00 PM
No matter what happened in preseason, Schaub was going to be our starter at the beginning of the season.

Keenum actually outplayed Yates in preseason, but Kubes always has to wait a year to react to a younger player outperforming a more experienced one. It's part of his MO.

Agree.

From a pure talent standpoint, Case is our best QB.

thunderkyss
10-08-2013, 08:28 PM

I don't know that. It took Schaub a few years to get our offense. It was expanding for the first 4 years he was here. Seems to be contracting now.

But I didn't dissect every play Yates ran, or every play Keenum ran so I don't know what the similarities or differences were. I don't know what was expected of them on each individual play. I know Keenum looked great when things broke down.

But if the play broke down because he missed a read, what we saw as a positive was probably a negative grade overall.

I don't know that to be true either, but that's how I would have done it. The system works, the system is good. In a perfect world I'd like for someone who can run the system as well as Matt (good Matt) when the system is working, but be able to improvise like Keenum when it's not.

Right now, I think Tj can run the system more like Matt than Keenum can. I think he can improvise more like Keenum than Matt can. Best of both worlds.... but not good enough.

If Keenum is who we want him to be, this may very well be the best thing for him. Would you be upset if we designate Matt a June 1st cut, not draft a QB & Kubiak say the two guys we have will compete for the job? If that happens, I guarantee you Tj does not have a shot at being the starter. There's no real competition & Case would be our starter week 1.

Rey
10-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Both keenum and Yates are better than Schaub.

dream_team
10-09-2013, 12:07 AM

I agree with your first statement, but I thought Yates had a better pre-season. Keep in mind, there's also a lot us fans don't see behind the scenes that go in the decision making. If we based everything on simply preseason games, then Cierre Wood should be starting at running back.

Lucky
10-09-2013, 12:58 AM
Just being a little long winded with my post and trying to stretch to four paragraphs 'cause GP's not around so much anymore. :smooch:
Sorry, but that is not up to GP standards. Please try harder, and by harder I mean type until your fingers bleed.

It's time for McNair to step in. It's obvious that Kubiak is unable to make a decision of this magnitude. McNair can't afford the PR hit that a Schaub QBed home game would cause. Can you imagine the cacophony of boos raining down on every Schaub incompletion or sack? And if/when he throws an interception? Bud Light bottles could replacee the boos coming from the stands. This could get ugly.