PDA

View Full Version : Guess Kubiak's speech

gafftop
10-06-2013, 10:44 PM
I didn't put Matt in a position to succeed. It's on me. Matt had a bad game.
Well get it fixed. Matt is our QB.

Vinny
10-06-2013, 10:44 PM
I thought Kubiak's halftime comments were weird and disconnected.

qman_tx
10-06-2013, 10:46 PM
It's on me...

It's on me...

It's on me...

:kubepalm:

HoustonFrog
10-06-2013, 10:46 PM

That bothered me more than anything. Schaub throws int for a TD and another for a drive stopper. Yet he said they had more issues like D and ST. How is that?Defensive anyone

thetexanator
10-06-2013, 10:48 PM
well _____, this game is on me. i didnt put the guys in a position to succeed. This is Matt's team. we have to get some things ironed out but blah blah blah. stfu already.

thetexanator
10-06-2013, 10:49 PM

holy crap. i didnt even read your post before mine. lol. hilarious.

ATXtexanfan
10-06-2013, 10:49 PM

Dude you answered your own question. Not fair

TEXANRED
10-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Kubiak: It's all on me. I didn't have my team prepared for this game. The coaching staff and myself should have done a better job of getting everybody ready to play this game. Matt Schaub is still our starting QB.

gafftop
10-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Dude you answered your own question. Not fair

Dude, sorry about that lol

fiasco west
10-06-2013, 10:55 PM
That bothered me more than anything. Schaub throws int for a TD and another for a drive stopper. Yet he said they had more issues like D and ST. How is that?Defensive anyone

Kubiak was a QB so iunno, maybe he's just feeling bad for the guy...

Hookem Horns
10-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Kubiak: It's all on me. I didn't have my team prepared for this game. The coaching staff and myself should have done a better job of getting everybody ready to play this game. Matt Schaub is still our starting QB.

Yes, it's all on him and he doesn't have to keep reminding us of that. He should just do the right thing and fire himself.

JCTexan
10-06-2013, 10:59 PM

fml. As a team, you cannot have a worse issue than your QB throwing a pick-6 whenever he feels like it. The defense is fine. The Special Teams isn't losing us football games. Matt Schaub is.

gafftop
10-06-2013, 10:59 PM
You know a few weeks back I compared MS to Nuke LaLoosh the rookie pitcher from the baseball movie Bull Durham. Nuke had no clue and just repeated what Crash taught him. I am beginning to believe Kubiak may be a Nuke also.

darnbni99a
10-06-2013, 11:01 PM
same sh!t different week

hradhak
10-06-2013, 11:02 PM
fml. As a team, you cannot have a worse issue than your QB throwing a pick-6 whenever he feels like it. The defense is fine. The Special Teams isn't losing us football games. Matt Schaub is.

Yeah. Seriously. I am not sure how our defense and special teams are the problem here. MS will be out there next week, and he will likely make some huge mistake, again.

Kubiak needs to own up and hand the ball to someone else next week, just don't think it's going to happen.

badboy
10-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Uh, Mr. McNair first thanks for accepting my call. Uh, I was wondering if that extension you offered and I turned down was still on the table? Matt? Matt who?

Trap_Star
10-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Kubiak: Schaub is not letting the rest of the team bite the pillow, he's going in dry....but that's on me, I should of had the KY on hand for the rest of the guys. I need to be better prepared. It's on me.

TEXANRED
10-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Yes, it's all on him and he doesn't have to keep reminding us of that. He should just do the right thing and fire himself.

It would be nice if the operative from Serenity would be waiting for Kubiak in his office after the game.

The Operative: You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords.

76Texan
10-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Will anybody in the media ask Kubiak the simple question:

"Man, you keep saying you didn't put the guy in the position to succeed.
Why?
How many years of coaching do you have?
Haven't you learned anything?"

Just stupid!

thunderkyss
10-06-2013, 11:05 PM
"No... I don't think Matt was struggling, that wasn't on my mind when I decided to put Tj in. We thought Matt needed a rest, just like we put Ben in for Wade last week. We talked about it before the game & He's been playing a lot of football, so we were hoping we'd have an opportunity to rest him a bit there. He was getting ready to come back, but we just ran out of time."

"Matt's our QB, he's going to be our QB next week. He's confident, he did some good things. He's struggling, I'll give you that, but he's confident, the team's confident in him. Matt's going to come out of it."

"No, I'm not going to take the blame for that pick 6 today, that was on Andre. We worked on that all week, Andre knows if Matt throws an INT, he's got to get in there & make a play. We ran that same pick 6 later in the game, but Andre got on him, made a play. We'll most likely do it again next week, we'll get better, limit the yardage they get on those plays."

"My job..... you know I think I'm luckier than a two dck dog. We've been over this before, I don't know what McNair's going to have me do when we get back to Houston, but I'm sure it's going to involve whip cream & a biscuit, well I hope there's whip cream involved."

Pollardized
10-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Kubiak: I can't take this crap anymore. These plays worked so well 20 years when John was QB and I was a benchwarmer who never saw the field. I just don't see what's wrong. I think our defense is scaring our offense. They see Watt bleeding and Cush screaming and they get rattled. I sure miss Denver. You know marijuana is legal there now? Man I wish I was still in a Denver. It gets really cold in Denver, not all hit and humid like here in Houston. You guys remember when I was a starting QB at St. Pius? Man I was good back then. I think we can all pull together this week at practice and fix these problems. I've got to call a better game, but man Wade needs to get that defense to step up. And on special teams Coach Joe is such a trooper, I mean he has stayed here so long with us when he could have easily given up. He coaches those guys so well but they just can't make plays. I think maybe this week we need to have a coaches only meeting, maybe get everyone fired up. Cuz, you know, it's on me to call the right plays, because I don't let my offensive coordinator call plays. But if I don't start calling the right plays I may have to fire him to wake everyone up around here.... Thats all for tonight, gotta long flight home and can't wait to see all those fans out on Kirby waiting to welcome us home....

thetexanator
10-06-2013, 11:10 PM

Why?

Just stupid!
fn lol.

JCTexan
10-06-2013, 11:20 PM
"No... I don't think Matt was struggling, that wasn't on my mind when I decided to put Tj in. We thought Matt needed a rest, just like we put Ben in for Wade last week. We talked about it before the game & He's been playing a lot of football, so we were hoping we'd have an opportunity to rest him a bit there. He was getting ready to come back, but we just ran out of time."

"Matt's our QB, he's going to be our QB next week. He's confident, he did some good things. He's struggling, I'll give you that, but he's confident, the team's confident in him. Matt's going to come out of it."

"No, I'm not going to take the blame for that pick 6 today, that was on Andre. We worked on that all week, Andre knows if Matt throws an INT, he's got to get in there & make a play. We ran that same pick 6 later in the game, but Andre got on him, made a play. We'll most likely do it again next week, we'll get better, limit the yardage they get on those plays."

"My job..... you know I think I'm luckier than a two dck dog. We've been over this before, I don't know what McNair's going to have me do when we get back to Houston, but I'm sure it's going to involve whip cream & a biscuit, well I hope there's whip cream involved."

LMAO the irony! If the DB catches that cleanly it's another pick-6... Easily. No question in my mind. If it was a different player catching the third interception that one could have been too. :kubepalm:

drs23
10-06-2013, 11:23 PM

OK, TK, that was funny. I literally chuckled. I needed some humor tonight.

Thanks.

Wolf6151
10-07-2013, 12:25 AM

Why?

Just stupid!

I think this is part of the team problem here in Houston, the media is far to soft on the team. If this were New York, Philly, Boston, etc... the media would be ripping this team and asking the hard nasty questions at the press conference but the media in Houston is soft and just accepts Kubiaks standard "It's on me" excuse. They wouldn't dare follow up that lame excuse with a why question.

Rey
10-07-2013, 12:37 AM
I think they are maybe a bit detached from reality down there. Too close to the situation maybe. Someone needs to tell kubiak that he needs to step back and hopefully gain some clarity because it seems they've adopted the attitude that no matter what happens they are entitled to another shot next week, next year...

Kubiak has given Schaub that sense of entitlement and neither have accomplished much really.

Schaub's comments were disgusting. He's not even owning his mistakes anymore. Everything is "we". And he keeps talking about how the team has a lot to improve on. Guys aren't going to like that. I see it on the players faces. They don't believe in him anymore.

And kubiak named him starter already. This is about to go south really fast guys. It's going to get ugly.

Scooter
10-07-2013, 12:48 AM
LMAO the irony! If the DB catches that cleanly it's another pick-6... Easily. No question in my mind. If it was a different player catching the third interception that one could have been too. :kubepalm:

if the second one was caught cleanly it's an easy touchdown.

their safety reid dropped a sure touchdown.

as i see it, schaub threw 3 pick 6's tonight.

Double Barrel
10-07-2013, 12:56 AM

lol! MSR

I couldn't help but hear Kubiak say it as I read it. I actually laughed out loud with your Andre blame. :heh:

I think they are maybe a bit detached from reality down there. Too close to the situation maybe. Someone needs to tell kubiak that he needs to step back and hopefully gain some clarity because it seems they've adopted the attitude that no matter what happens they are entitled to another shot next week, next year...

Kubiak has given Schaub that sense of entitlement and neither have accomplished much really.

Schaub's comments were disgusting. He's not even owning his mistakes anymore. Everything is "we". And he keeps talking about how the team has a lot to improve on. Guys aren't going to like that. I see it on the players faces. They don't believe in him anymore.

And kubiak named him starter already. This is about to go south really fast guys. It's going to get ugly.

Great point about being detached. They almost have a 'speaking in third person' vibe about them. Repeating variants of the same generic phrases with glazed looks on their faces.

I noticed that "we" thing in Schaub's interview, as well.

"We have to get better from top to bottom" , irrc.

It sounded like he's programmed to say that, just by osmosis and now he's an extension of Kubiak.

Wolf6151
10-07-2013, 12:56 AM

You could see it on AJ's face during the game, he was very frustrated and pissed.

It's already ugly, but I understand what you mean. Sometimes ugly can be a good thing though. It helps you to clean house and start over again. I think much of this blame needs to travel up hill though, to Bob McNair. When Houston was calling for Kubiaks head 3 yrs. ago Bob said that if he fired Kubiak it would take 3-5 yrs. to rebuild the organization into a winning team. Someone needs to point out the Colts, San Francisco, Miami, Kansas City, etc.... Many teams have rebuilt in a season and this team has the talent to be great already on the roster.

silvrhand
10-07-2013, 07:53 AM
We should have lane kiffin'd kubiak in SF... Pulled his ass off the bus and left him there...

Mr teX
10-07-2013, 08:39 AM
You could see it on AJ's face during the game, he was very frustrated and pissed.

It's already ugly, but I understand what you mean. Sometimes ugly can be a good thing though. It helps you to clean house and start over again. I think much of this blame needs to travel up hill though, to Bob McNair. When Houston was calling for Kubiaks head 3 yrs. ago Bob said that if he fired Kubiak it would take 3-5 yrs. to rebuild the organization into a winning team. Someone needs to point out the Colts, San Francisco, Miami, Kansas City, etc.... Many teams have rebuilt in a season and this team has the talent to be great already on the roster.

building a winning team is much more likely to happen faster when the HC and qb are removed together as opposed to just removing 1 or the other or some other coordinator by themselves.

You quoted SF, Indy, Mia & KC on the good side of this....lets look at the oppostite end of the spectrum; teams who changed something that they thought was the biggest problem and left everything else in place.

Dallas - have changed DC's twice under Garrett & left Romo in at qb

Jets - changed O-coordinators and now Qb's under Ryan

Jax - changed HC's & left Gabbert in at qb

STL - has changed everything around Bradford multiple times

I mean these are all teams who've been perennial losers for a while now....

real change for the texans needs to head in the right direction needs to include getting rid of Kubiak as well as Schaub.

IlliniJen
10-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Pangloss....errr....Kubiak: "All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds!"

Nawzer
10-07-2013, 10:18 AM
I heard Kubiak and Schaub performed a duet of Linkin Park's super smash hit In the End. This was the only way to explain their current shortcomings. Life is tough yo, but you got to rap and rock your way out of it sometimes.

Kubiak: (It starts with one)
One thing I don't know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
(All I know)
Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
(It’s so unreal)
Didn’t look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Trying to hold on but didn’t even know
I wasted it all just to watch you go
I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to be will eventually be a memory of a time when...

Schaub: I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

Kubiak: Repeat verse

Schaub: I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter

I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter

I later heard that Cushing and Watt followed that up with Limp Bizkit's Break Stuff.

Wolf6151
10-07-2013, 10:54 AM
building a winning team is much more likely to happen faster when the HC and qb are removed together as opposed to just removing 1 or the other or some other coordinator by themselves.

You quoted SF, Indy, Mia & KC on the good side of this....lets look at the oppostite end of the spectrum; teams who changed something that they thought was the biggest problem and left everything else in place.

Dallas - have changed DC's twice under Garrett & left Romo in at qb

Jets - changed O-coordinators and now Qb's under Ryan

Jax - changed HC's & left Gabbert in at qb

STL - has changed everything around Bradford multiple times

I mean these are all teams who've been perennial losers for a while now....

real change for the texans needs to head in the right direction needs to include getting rid of Kubiak as well as Schaub.

Please don't misunderstand my post, I'm not saying keep Schaub and fire Kubiak, I want them both gone. I simply said Kubiak should go because that's who the thread is about, and was pointing out a statement that McNair said 3 yrs. ago and showing it to not be true. I said they (Kubiak and Schaub) should have been gone 3 yrs. ago.

cbs1507
10-07-2013, 11:22 AM

ST was terrible. How many times did a KR take the ball out of the endzone to be stopped inside the 15? It was so bad a teammate had to physically stop the guy from coming of the endzone later in the game. Field position was horrible all night, thanks to ST. Defense is bad. They may be "#1 defense in the league", but the redzone TD percentage is embarrassing. All that top 5 top 10 in yards allowed is bull when you can't stop the other team from scoring. Not to take anything from Schaub, because his decision making has been terrible. But we need to better in those other areas as well.

Vinny
10-07-2013, 11:25 AM

Gary actually said he has bigger issues than QB at halftime. seriously?

Pollardized
10-07-2013, 11:28 AM

Yep... I believe his actual words were along the lines of worrying about the defense and special teams and protecting the QB... I'll have to go back and watch it again...

Hervoyel
10-07-2013, 11:31 AM

THUNDER!
THUNDER!
THUNDERKYSS HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Good stuff. Got me to smile and that isn't easy this morning.

Double Barrel
10-07-2013, 12:15 PM

WTF??! :um:

So seriously out-of-touch or unable to accept reality that he falls back on worn out "coach speak". But his overused clichés are not even aligning to the reality of the game now. We just need to see his headset on sideways or looking at his playsheet upside down to complete the picture.

At least Capers actually knew what was wrong - i.e. "we need to execute better" - even though he was incapable of fixing it.

Kubiak, on the other hand, appears to believe that Schaub's suckiness is just a slump or something similar that just needs to be worked out.

Hervoyel
10-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Actually if you think about it makes a lot of sense.

If Gary really does believe that he has bigger issues than QB..... then Gary clearly has "bigger issues" than his QB.

Gary needs to step back and talk to a shrink.

Rey
10-07-2013, 12:33 PM

So seriously out-of-touch or unable to accept reality that he falls back on worn out "coach speak". But his overused clichés are not even aligning to the reality of the game now. We just need to see his headset on sideways or looking at his playsheet upside down to complete the picture.

At least Capers actually knew what was wrong - i.e. "we need to execute better" - even though he was incapable of fixing it.

Kubiak, on the other hand, appears to believe that Schaub's suckiness is just a slump or something similar that just needs to be worked out.

Players are going to start resenting the relationship they have with each other. It's like he's sending the message that no matter how bad Schaub plays he's untouchable.

When you have other guys getting benched for mistakes and to some degree blamed for the teams shortcomings it's going to blow up.

thetexanator
10-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Players are going to start resenting the relationship they have with each other. It's like he's sending the message that no matter how bad Schaub plays he's untouchable.

When you have other guys getting benched for mistakes and to some degree blamed for the teams shortcomings it's going to blow up.
i hope this happens FAST. we still have a good d. and i think they would hold up strong if they werent getting blown out by their own sorry offense

Porky
10-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Matt's got to get better. The first one was on target. I mean Andre had no chance. Perfect. That second one he threw? I mean the guy had to tip it to himself and that stopped the bet...er I mean...the play from succeeding. Matt's better than that. Throw it to the guy in stride and he hits the play perfectly. We'll be putting in extra practice this week to ensure Matt has our Pick six play down to perfection. Oh, and I'll be in Vegas during our off week if anyone needs me.

Porky
10-07-2013, 12:50 PM

That bothered and honestly kind of offended me as a fan. As if I'm too dumb to get the real problems on the team. Yes, we realize Scahub isn't the only problem. But to say I have bigger problems on my mind? Dude, your QB is choking on a steak the size of California and instead of giving him the Heimlich, you're worried about the crumbs left on the table by his table mates.

Kubes is either trying to play the fanbase for a fool, or he is dumber than a box of rocks or just trying to protect Schaub from the wrath of the press and fans...in any case, if one cannot properly identify the problem, there is zero chance to fix it.

4x4tx
10-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Guess we are deleting threads now?

thunderkyss
10-07-2013, 01:15 PM

So seriously out-of-touch or unable to accept reality that he falls back on worn out "coach speak".

Not really wanting to defend Kubiak today, but the biggest problem he had to deal with yesterday was losing the team. If our defense was playing less than stellar football because they were fed up with the offense (specifically the QB), then that was bigger than poor play by the QB.

I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but if you believe in your QB(which Kubiak does), then benching him is not an option (which it wasn't). We expect Schaub to continue to play to the best of his ability whether the run game is working or not, whether a TE drops a perfect pass in the end zone or not, whether the defense gave up 42 points or not, whether the ST gave up another score or not.

We should expect our defense to play to the best of their ability regardless what's going on, on the offensive side of the ball. That's what support is. You can't pay lip service to your QB, say you have his back, but drop off in play because you don't expect him to be able to come back (like he did against Tennessee & San Diego) if you're giving up 70 yard TD drives.

I'm not blaming the defense, don't twist what I'm saying.

If you're the HC & it's your decision to bench your starting QB or not, the rest of the team has to make up for it, just like we expect the QB to make up for a porous OL, or a bad defense, or no running game..... all of which Matt Schaub has had to overcome in his time here. A lot of those people who contributed to no running game is still here. A lot of people from that historically bad defense is still here.

Matt Schaub didn't give up on them & they shouldn't give up on him. That's the right way to run a team. Kubiak has to reassure them when it's time, he'll do the right thing.

I'm not saying I agree with Kubiak, if that is what he told his team.

But I do believe he had no bigger problem than losing his team yesterday.

thunderkyss
10-07-2013, 01:22 PM

This is the difference between a head coach & a cheerleader.

A cheerleader (Rex Ryan) can get a group of guys to fight for each other when everything is rosey. A HC (Tom Coughlin) can get the defense to make up for the offense, the offense to carry the load for the defense. The running game to carry the day, etc, etc, etc...

We're going to find out if Gary Kubiak is a head coach, or a cheerleader.

edwardc5637
10-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Yep... I believe his actual words were along the lines of worrying about the defense and special teams and protecting the QB... I'll have to go back and watch it again...

He shouldn't say anything about the defense at all he keeps them on the field with his bad play calling.

Trail.Blazr
10-07-2013, 01:30 PM
He shouldn't say anything about the defense at all he keeps them on the field with his bad play calling.

no $hit... if not for 21 points on turnovers, the Defense held SF to 13.

Re-read my bold and then try not to question the intelligence of our HC's comments. Dumber than a box of rocks.

Double Barrel
10-07-2013, 03:23 PM
I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but if you believe in your QB(which Kubiak does), then benching him is not an option (which it wasn't).

If that's the case, then we know Kubiak's big picture strategy:

http://cdn.crushable.com/files/2012/08/i-will-go-down-with-this-ship.gif

HOU-TEX
10-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Lol. This just came from Kubiaks mouth.

If he truly "evaluated" he'd clearly see that the QB position is a huge problem. Evaluating? My ass hurts

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26 3m
Gary Kubiak says again Matt Schaub is his starting QB. He does say he is evaluating everything to do what it takes to play better & win

Thorn
10-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Kubiak not only has to be head coach, he also has to be head cheerleader. These types of bull$hit utterances should be expected from any head coach.

However, Kubiak has mastered the art of dumbassery to a degree never before seen in this universe. Rocks and small pools of water look upon Kubiak with awe.

HOU-TEX
10-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Lol. Yeah, sure

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 3m
"I can promise you there's accountability. If I think on our football team something needs to be done, then I'll do it" Kubiak says.

Vinny
10-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Lol. Yeah, sureWhen McNair makes him fire his buddies...he will. #RichardSmith

Rey
10-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Lol. This just came from Kubiaks mouth.

If he truly "evaluated" he'd clearly see that the QB position is a huge problem. Evaluating? My ass hurts

Translation: I love Matt, so I'm going to search every avenue to find somewhere else to place blame.

HOU-TEX
10-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Oh...my....gosh!! This is hysterically bad!

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 3m
Kubiak says game plan hasn't changed over last few weeks to help Schaub gain confidence. #Texans

Thorn
10-07-2013, 03:42 PM

Wow. All you can do is just laugh.

HOU-TEX
10-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Translation: I love Matt, so I'm going to search every avenue to find somewhere else to place blame.

Lol. Gotta +Rep for that one. nice

Tango
10-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Pangloss....errr....Kubiak: "All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds!"

Rep to a philosopher among us ;) (though I would disagree with Voltaire).

Porky
10-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Kubiak says game plan hasn't changed over last few weeks to help Schaub gain confidence. #Texans

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/1016/play_u_schaub_576.jpg

Double Barrel
10-07-2013, 05:03 PM

yikes...Schaub has only been in the league since 2004...but all he needs is a little hug and an "atta'boy" to make him feel more confident about himself.

All I see from Kubiak----> :spin:

CloakNNNdagger
10-07-2013, 05:04 PM

When I first read your quotes, I actually thought they were coming from Kubiak. It disappointed me, but didn't shock me. Can't believe that in reality Schaub is going to be our QB next week. Expect another pic 6 and a couple more pics for additional window dressing.....

Great piece! Sorry, but MSR!

thunderkyss
10-07-2013, 05:07 PM

He clearly states what the problem is.

The difference between him & us is how he wants to go about fixing it. We want to pull the starting QB. He wants to fix the starting QB.

Personally, I really don't care how he fixes it, so long as he fixes it. Makes sense that if we remove Schaub's gaffes we're in a better position to win, but we don't know that.

I'm not defending Kubiak, not advocating we keep Matt, I've got no preference for Case, Tj, or Matt.

Just saying. Kubiak knows exactly what the problem is.

CloakNNNdagger
10-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Within the Texans organization, there always seems to be a heavy demand for fresh mediocrity.