PDA

View Full Version : Season is over, unless ...

eriadoc
10-06-2013, 10:49 PM
... the team makes some earth shaking move, a la the Ravens last year. They fired their OC. I think we all know who needs to be fired first this season.

Corrosion
10-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Kubiak needs to make Schaub stand on Kirby with a sign that says "I throw pick six's"!!!!

Marcus
10-06-2013, 10:54 PM
I think we all know who needs to be fired first this season.

And I think we all know that ain't gonna happen.

The season is over. PERIOD

Texian
10-06-2013, 10:57 PM
... the team makes some earth shaking move, a la the Ravens last year. They fired their OC. I think we all know who needs to be fired first this season.

I've been saying this is a Kubiak problem and not a Schaub problem. Also been calling for McNair to call Oliver Luck about Becoming GM and David Shaw about becoming HC.

eriadoc
10-06-2013, 10:57 PM
And I think we all know that ain't gonna happen.

The season is over. PERIOD

Unfortunately, I believe you're right.

chicagotexan2
10-06-2013, 11:02 PM
McNair won't can Kubiak mid season so all I can hope for is this being a disaster like the last season of the capers regime and then we start anew. My first hope is that this team turns it around and gets hot but that is a pipe dream. A pipe filled with weed, shrooms, crack, meth and heroine. Thankfully I can light it with the smoldering pile of Matt Schaub jerseys.

ATXtexanfan
10-06-2013, 11:03 PM
A good team wasted by the worst leadership at HC and QB in the nfl

BullNation4Life
10-06-2013, 11:09 PM
How much you wanna bet that when it is all said and done, Dennison is the scape goat in all this and is let go...

Would be a typical Texan move...

eriadoc
10-06-2013, 11:10 PM
The reason I said fired first was to refer to Schaub. That guy has to get benched after this. If he doesn't, the guy making that decision needs to be fired.

drs23
10-06-2013, 11:14 PM

Is it time to panic yet? Will we be drafting higher than expected and possibly be in the mix for a franchise QB?

Don't wake me up, I'm liking this dream...

A post I made it the Schaub thread.

I've taken the tack of several other folks. I've watched this whole game on delay and have read about the nasty stuff here before it really happened but I'm not upset, haven't upset my dog and my wife wants to know why I'm not screaming.

Michaels and Collingsworth are even having pity on Schaub instead of roasting him like they usually do.

I'm ready for a higher draft choice to go get a QB. I could be wrong but I'm not holding my breath for a big turn around.

As I type this the pick I knew was coming was delivered, gift wrapped even and he just got lucky Eric Reid didn't know how to accept an unexpected gift.

I'm done.

Corrosion
10-06-2013, 11:19 PM
I've been saying this is a Kubiak problem and not a Schaub problem. Also been calling for McNair to call Oliver Luck about Becoming GM and David Shaw about becoming HC.

Yeah , cause its Kubiak who's thrown 13 INT's in his last 8 games.

8 INT's in the last four .... four of which have been returned for TD's.

The reason I said fired first was to refer to Schaub. That guy has to get benched after this. If he doesn't, the guy making that decision needs to be fired.

Yeah , if he doesn't bench Schaub after this disaster .... I'll be tempted to pull out the pink soap.

Kaiser Toro
10-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Smith, Kubiak, his staff & Schaub must all go.

hradhak
10-06-2013, 11:22 PM

Yeah , if he doesn't bench Schaub after this disaster .... I'll be tempted to pull out the pink soap.

Schaub is not blameless, but Kubiak has not called enough plays to spread out the ball. Our receivers have done too little to get open. Ultimately this has to be on Kubiak.

beerlover
10-06-2013, 11:24 PM
Schaub is not blameless, but Kubiak has not called enough plays to spread out the ball. Our receivers have done too little to get open. Ultimately this has to be on Kubiak.

Don't forget McNair who enables the enabler :barman:

bash
10-06-2013, 11:24 PM
feel like crying

ill take a loss but an ass wopping infront on the world.....

fk schaub
fk kubaik
fk marciano
fk bullock
fk newton

Corrosion
10-06-2013, 11:26 PM

Spread the ball around ? Eight players had receptions tonight. Seven of those players caught passes from Schaub.

Try again.

Guy's not getting open , I wont dispute but I think a whole lot of the problem is Schaubs arm strength or lack there of.

drs23
10-06-2013, 11:27 PM

Which makes our QB an NFL record holder. Not one player in the HISTORY OF THE NFL has been able to achieve such a feat.

Our very own Matty, NFL record holder.

Who'd of thunk it?

Corrosion
10-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Which makes our QB an NFL record holder. Not one player in the HISTORY OF THE NFL has been able to achieve such a feat.

Our very own Matty, NFL record holder.

Who'd of thunk it?

Well , he was tied with Peyton Manning and John Elway at three .... pretty good company huh ?!

Norg
10-06-2013, 11:30 PM
the season is over .... if we don't start winning some games up in here LOL

Real talk tho the season isn't over we haven't played the colts yet if we beat and I said IIFFFFFFFF we beat the colts twice we can stll prob win the divison

TexanBacker93
10-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Well , he was tied with Peyton Manning and John Elway at three .... pretty good company huh ?!

Unfortunately they were able to build off that of put together HOF careers. Not happening here.

eriadoc
10-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Real talk tho the season isn't over ...

This is just like when people kept pumping sunshine that the Texans could beat the Pats in the playoffs last year. Anyone who paid attention knew the season was over before they ever played the Pats. The Bengals game didn't even matter.

The Texans will win games against the Rams, Jags, etc., but lose at least one to the Colts and probably the one remaining with the Tacks. They're going to lose to the Broncos and the Pats. They're probably going to lose against the Chiefs. Wouldn't be surprised of the Colts swept, to be honest.

And if you want to be real about it, spot the Cards or Raiders a couple extra possessions and/or a TD, and they'll probably win.

steelbtexan
10-06-2013, 11:39 PM
It's pink soap time.

Gary's loyalty to Schaub is going to end up costing him his job.

eriadoc
10-06-2013, 11:41 PM
2010 started off 2-0 as well.

hradhak
10-06-2013, 11:42 PM
I am not sure if anything will be done midseason, but I think the only way Kubiak saves his job is by opening up the deep routes. Without it, our routes are going to be jumped.

thunderkyss
10-06-2013, 11:44 PM

He needs to get a "concussion" & struggle to pass the protocol over the next two weeks.

To be clear, I'm not hoping he gets hurt. "concussion" is in parenthesis because it's going to be a made up injury.

Big52Hurt
10-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Kubiak needs to make Schaub stand on Kirby with a sign that says "I throw pick six's"!!!!

I just saw the highlights. couldn't believe that Schaub tossed another Pick 6. wow! it may be time for you guys to move on from this dude.

:kubepalm:

MistaRed
10-06-2013, 11:47 PM
Which QB's are coming out next year? I wanna start looking ahead.

hradhak
10-06-2013, 11:48 PM
He needs to get a "concussion" & struggle to pass the protocol over the next two weeks.

To be clear, I'm not hoping he gets hurt. "concussion" is in parenthesis because it's going to be a made up injury.

Honestly, I wonder if Schaub has actually had a concussion. He's clearly looks off. He just doesn't seem to be seeing everything the way he did 2 seasons ago.

That said, I think Schaub needs to be benched for a few weeks until he can earn his job back.

Yesterday
10-06-2013, 11:49 PM
A Super-bowl quality QB is not on this team. (Definitely not Schaub or Yates. 1% chance Keenum is that guy...just haven't seen enough of him to put him at 0).

Rick Smith has done a fine job. His last four 1st rd picks - Watt, Mercilus, Hopkins, Kareem - have all been hits. Only reason Schaub is here is b/c of Kubiak, don't fool yourselves.

TexansFight
10-06-2013, 11:51 PM

Preach on brother!!!!

TEXANRED
10-06-2013, 11:56 PM
I am calling it as well. This season is over. The team even played like the season is over. Oh well, at least we have those two years of above average play to wash out the now going on 9 years of sucking, to fall back on.

Yeah Go Texans.

thetexanator
10-06-2013, 11:56 PM
unless..... peyton breaks his right wrist. brady gets fed up with his receivers and quits. joe flacco's chicken wing addiction gives him diabeetus. andrew luck would rather work on rebuilding the astrodome than being a qb.

Yesterday
10-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Guys, we just need to get to the playoffs. If last year's Ravens did it we can do it...we whooped the Ravens in similar fashion last year on national TV.

I hate Schaub as much (probably more) than the next guy. I'm tired of Kubiak's lack of charisma. I'm fed up with Joe Marciano.

But this is our team, and we are still 2-3. We've got games against the Rams, Cardinals, Raiders, Jaguars x2, and Titans remaining.

And I think we will win vs Indy, and at least one of @KC, vs NE, or vs Denver.

I can easily see us getting 9 or 10 wins and getting to the dance, then who knows what happens.

I hate to break it to you guys, but us going 8-8 or 7-9 isn't getting Kubes fired, and isn't getting us a top pick / franchise QB. So lets just support our Texans.

It could be worse...we could be Jacksonville.

Norg
10-07-2013, 12:09 AM
This is just like when people kept pumping sunshine that the Texans could beat the Pats in the playoffs last year. Anyone who paid attention knew the season was over before they ever played the Pats. The Bengals game didn't even matter.

The Texans will win games against the Rams, Jags, etc., but lose at least one to the Colts and probably the one remaining with the Tacks. They're going to lose to the Broncos and the Pats. They're probably going to lose against the Chiefs. Wouldn't be surprised of the Colts swept, to be honest.

And if you want to be real about it, spot the Cards or Raiders a couple extra possessions and/or a TD, and they'll probably win.

hey man in the NFL I cant predict W L and be right everytime

WHat if Luck gets Injured and the titans fall apart there is a lot of wut ifs to say the season is over

leebigeztx
10-07-2013, 12:43 AM
I wouldn't worry about the season,just think of the choke hold luck will have on the division for the next 10 yrs.

Texecutioner
10-07-2013, 12:45 AM
Guys, we just need to get to the playoffs. If last year's Ravens did it we can do it...we whooped the Ravens in similar fashion last year on national TV.

I hate Schaub as much (probably more) than the next guy. I'm tired of Kubiak's lack of charisma. I'm fed up with Joe Marciano.

But this is our team, and we are still 2-3. We've got games against the Rams, Cardinals, Raiders, Jaguars x2, and Titans remaining.

I can easily see us getting 9 or 10 wins and getting to the dance, then who knows what happens.

I hate to break it to you guys, but us going 8-8 or 7-9 isn't getting Kubes fired, and isn't getting us a top pick / franchise QB. So lets just support our Texans.

And who is supposed to lead this team once they get to the playoffs if that were to happen? Schaub? You still feel like he is capable of making that kind of run as the leader of this team in today's NFL?

Trail.Blazr
10-07-2013, 12:46 AM

Easily see this happening, huh? You admittedly have little confidence in Kubiak, Schaub or our S/T.

With the 11 games remaining in the season, I give you this challenge. First, go back 11 games, starting with tonight's game and pay close attention to who Houston beat, including the gifted Thanksgiving day W. Tally all that up. Then go forward on the next 11 games applying just a teeny bit of logic in that Schaub, Kube's or Marciano will likely have little impact on causing any change the trend that we'll struggle with pretenders and get embarrassed by contenders. Tell me where you see this team easily taking another 5 or 6 wins.

I'll concede both Jags games. Outside of that, week 8 will the be only easy week Houston has. If you think STL, KC, ARZ or OAK are easy... your stuck in last year and haven't been paying attention to this season.

I hate to break it to you. 8-8 or 7-9. We may be real lucky to see that. I'm not suggesting we don't support the team, but I'm sympathetic to all the koolaid drinkers out there thinking this is a playoff team. It's kind of like thinking the Coyote is going to catch the Road Runner. When that anvil lands on your head... It's gonna hurt.

TexanBacker93
10-07-2013, 12:51 AM
I don't what we need to do to salvage the season, but I sure can't decide if still having 5 games against the division worries me or gives me hope. The Jags could go down as one of, if not THE worst single season team ever and right now they scare me. With Kubiak as coach we'll let them stay in the game because he is coaching the players not to lose. We had to go to OT to beat them at home last year. Had to comeback just to get to OT. We've regressed as an offense since then. I don't want to be the team that loses to them.

eriadoc
10-07-2013, 12:54 AM
I don't what we need to do to salvage the season, but I sure can't decide if still having 5 games against the division worries me or gives me hope. The Jags could go down as one of, if not THE worst single season team ever and right now they scare me. With Kubiak as coach we'll let them stay in the game because he is coaching the players not to lose. We had to go to OT to beat them at home last year. Had to comeback just to get to OT. We've regressed as an offense since then. I don't want to be the team that loses to them.

Texans tried to lose to the Jags last season, when they let Henne put up over 400 yards and 37 points. That was one of the wins during the bad stretch to end the season. Just food for thought.

Rey
10-07-2013, 12:59 AM

I agree with that. We need a culture change.

Though I will say that I think smith would be the most likely to be able to fit with a new regime. I think he would be the most likely in the organization to have the balls to cut ties with Schaub.

thunderkyss
10-07-2013, 01:04 AM
Texans tried to lose to the Jags last season, when they let Henne put up over 400 yards and 37 points. That was one of the wins during the bad stretch to end the season. Just food for thought.

Yeah, but we didn't have the #1 defense in the league last year. We were only #7.

Scooter
10-07-2013, 01:08 AM
i'm standing by my previous statement. i think kubiak is our head coach and i think he's mostly a great coach. i wont have anything to say in his defense however if he wants to hang himself with the rope named schaub.

Texan in Japan
10-07-2013, 01:15 AM
Season is over, unless...

we change our offensive execution. I feel for Matt, he's struggling mightily and instead of managing the game and letting our RBs run he's taken to throwing ill-advised passes. The league has obviously figured out his tendencies and exploited them (esp in the last two games).

I'm afraid he's reached his potential in this offense and I don't believe TJ has what it takes to give us an edge.

However, I may get burned for suggesting this, but why not give Case a shot. He's mobile, thinks well on his feet and may actually be able to give us the spark we need to turn this season around. I know that won't happen, but it would at least be fun to see what the kid could do.

Rey
10-07-2013, 01:15 AM

I don't know if I agree with that.

If Schaub starts I'm calling the game for the rams. I think Schaub is that big of a handicap.

eriadoc
10-07-2013, 01:16 AM
I don't know if I agree with that.

If Schaub starts I'm calling the game for the rams. I think Schaub is that big of a handicap.

I was trying to be optimistic, you jerk. :D

(kidding on the jerk thing, of course)

Trail.Blazr
10-07-2013, 01:26 AM
Kubes is a joke.

"It's a broken record right now. It looked the same," Kubiak said. "Hopefully, that's rock bottom tonight."

Rock bottom? Hopefully you are right Gary. Hopefully it is rock bottom.

Here's an idea. To open up the game next week, why not call another pass play where you have Matt throw a duck out into the flat. Dumba$$

Perki-Perk
10-07-2013, 01:33 AM

Actually, that was BEFORE the bad stretch. We played Detroit that next Thursday and went to OT with them. 11-1. Then the Embarrassment on Monday night against the Pats...and the rest is history. We needed 1 win. Had 4 tries to get it...smh. This crap football we are currently playing has been going on since about week 9 last season....

RunningTheSouth
10-07-2013, 04:17 AM
I wish one of the defensive players would call out Schaub, like Dunta Robinson had to do Carr back in the day....were in the same situation with Schaub right now!

EllisUnit
10-07-2013, 04:25 AM
I wish one of the defensive players would call out Schaub, like Dunta Robinson had to do Carr back in the day....were in the same situation with Schaub right now!

noone will say crap, its that good ole boy system. Where noone says anyhting to harm the next guy and etc....all BS imo. AJ needs to step up and be more of a vocal leader during times like these.

RunningTheSouth
10-07-2013, 04:38 AM
noone will say crap, its that good ole boy system. Where noone says anyhting to harm the next guy and etc....all BS imo. AJ needs to step up and be more of a vocal leader during times like these.

Yea I agree!

waynegg
10-07-2013, 04:42 AM
We're 5 games in with 2 wins 13-3 would be awesome and it's far from too late for that to happen. The real question is, do the powers that be have the balls to pull the trigger to make that happen? The talent is already there...

In all fairness, postgame press says no, no they don't. But that was t Bob speaking...

EllisUnit
10-07-2013, 05:19 AM
We're 5 games in with 2 wins 13-3 would be awesome and it's far from too late for that to happen. The real question is, do the powers that be have the balls to pull the trigger to make that happen? The talent is already there...

In all fairness, postgame press says no, no they don't. But that was t Bob speaking...

Bob will listen to his career back up QB who is now the coach of should be career back up QB who will eventually be the back up QB, god willing.

:thinking:

LEATHERHEAD
10-07-2013, 05:56 AM
Most other QB s in the leauge, look like they have a FIRE in there eyes....Schaub looks like he just woke up from a (Nap):toropalm:

LEATHERHEAD
10-07-2013, 06:04 AM
I wouldn't worry about the season,just think of the choke hold luck will have on the division for the next 10 yrs.

Thats what i have been saying to my buddys,but they just laugh,,,Colts beat 49ERS & Seachickens..,Luck is a gamer(Manning football camp 4 years)Omg this suxs...:toropalm:

bckey
10-07-2013, 07:56 AM
Kubiak sees too much of himself in Schaub. Its almost like Kubiak is trying to live through Schaub the career he didn't ever have. No other position on offense gets this preferential treatment. He understands what Schaub is going through. Really? How about what the other 52 players are going through when you keep marching Schaub out there. Or how about when you keep calling the same pass out to the flat where every defense we face now has thoroughly studied it on film and is waiting for the 6 point gift.

Lets take a look at the remaining schedule and see what can be salvaged as far as season record. This is my prediction before the Schaub pick six extravaganza. I originally said 9-7 or 8-8 depending on how the Texans did against the nfc west. But now I am not sure they can beat the Titans in Tenn and the Colts in our house. I see a false hope win streak after the bye only to be shattered at the end of the season. It could end anywhere from 6-10 to 9-7. I don't know how much rope McNair will give Kubiak this season but we all know it has been an endless spool in previous seasons.

Week 1- at Chargers W
Week 2- vs Titans W
Week 3 at Ravens L
Week 4 vs Seahawks L
Week 5 at Niners L
Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs L
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts W
Week 10 at Cardinals W
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts L
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans W

thunderkyss
10-07-2013, 08:09 AM

Calling a player out is bad. Once that happens, it's over. We turn into the Jets.

Calling out Carr was uncalled for, he was already on his way out.

thunderkyss
10-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Kubiak sees too much of himself in Schaub. Its almost like Kubiak is trying to live through Schaub the career he didn't ever have. No other position on offense gets this preferential treatment. He understands what Schaub is going through. Really? How about what the other 52 players are going through when you keep marching Schaub out there. Or how about when you keep calling the same pass out to the flat where every defense we face now has thoroughly studied it on film and is waiting for the 6 point gift.

I wouldn't be so mad if it looked like Kubiak had a clue as to what the problem is & how to fix it. If he knows how to fix it & just didn't get it done last night, that's one thing. But I didn't see anything last night to make me believe that. Against the Seahawks.... yeah. Looked like he had a handle on it, did some good things, then we turned into a completely ineffective unit. Couldn't even threaten to score unless the defense (or ST, but you know that's not going to happen) could put us in scoring position.

Thorn
10-07-2013, 08:18 AM
My high hopes for this season have been dashed. I'm now fully back on the "Fire Kubiak" bandwagon. I wonder if we can get more than a bag of chips for Schwabie boy.

PapaL
10-07-2013, 08:18 AM

Just for fun; Gary Kubiak (9 year) Career Stats:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KubiGa00.htm

173/298 1920yards 14 TD 16 INT

I don't think Gary knows what anyone is going through right now.

bOODRO87
10-07-2013, 08:28 AM
I'm all for #8 never suiting up in a Texans uniform again.

I'd rather have a losing record and get a decent draft spot AND trade whatever it takes to get one of the top 4 QBs in the draft than make the playoffs. We won't make a splash in the playoffs anyways so what's the point of making finding a new QB that much harder?

Kubiak and Schaub are ruining this franchise. Point blank.

:toropalm:

bckey
10-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Just for fun; Gary Kubiak (9 year) Career Stats:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KubiGa00.htm

173/298 1920yards 14 TD 16 INT

I don't think Gary knows what anyone is going through right now.

LOL funny!

Dishman
10-07-2013, 08:44 AM
To borrow a term, without a change of QB and HC the Texans are stuck on the treadmill of mediocrity a la the Rockets before the Harden trade.

gafftop
10-07-2013, 08:50 AM

I'd rather have a losing record and get a decent draft spot AND trade whatever it takes to get one of the top 4 QBs in the draft than make the playoffs. We won't make a splash in the playoffs anyways so what's the point of making finding a new QB that much harder?

Looking back I am now kind of sad we came back in the first two games.
I really think starting MS gives us the best chance to lose the most games and get the highest draft choice.

BeerTastesLikeVictory
10-07-2013, 08:56 AM
i'm standing by my previous statement. i think kubiak is our head coach and i think he's mostly a great coach. i wont have anything to say in his defense however if he wants to hang himself with the rope named schaub.

Well put. It's not that I am totally enamored with Kubes, but I'm not sure if I know a good alternative. He's never been one to air the teams dirty laundry to the press so I am not going to get mad when he doesn't say what we want to hear. But I hope that he will make the right move for the team and accept that Schaub is broken.

It's pretty bad when I agree with Collinsworth when he said on air that Schaub needs to be accurate, because he doesn't have anything else. He's not the best at reading defenses, and he surely can't scramble so without pinpoint accuracy the guy has no redeeming qualities as a starting QB.

TexanBacker93
10-07-2013, 08:58 AM

Bottoming out and getting one of the top QBs is only good if there is a good HC on the sideline working with him.

Trail.Blazr
10-07-2013, 09:11 AM

Yeah, cause it's Kubiack who's continued the retread's glorified backup out there in the first place. Your last sentence speaks volumes. Schaub should have already been benched. It was already a disaster. For Kubiak, it's a simple unwillingness to believe what he's seeing. How you start last night's game by marching Schaub out on the field and calling a play that would allow Schaub to float one out to the right flat on the 20 yard line... STUPID

I blame it on Schaub for not having what he once had. And I blame it on Kube's for not seeing it for what it is... Schaub reminds me of Kenny Stabler when he played for the saints. Except for more play makers around him.

silvrhand
10-07-2013, 09:23 AM
I believe this is a bit of a situation on the whole organization about Matt, how could we not have been grooming a backup by now. And don't give me the Case Keenum crap, we haven't drafted a QB other than TJ Yates, and someone else I didn't even know we had drafted since Kubiak has been here.

You absolutely have to have an exit plan for Schaub as soon as he broke his foot, do they really believe that TJ Yates is that guy?

busterspencer
10-07-2013, 09:28 AM

Kubiak called all of the plays and said Schaub has no choice to audible out of a bad play call after he sees the defense. I agree Schaub never came back from the injury 2 years ago. That 1 pass over the head of Andre, actually luck it went over everyone including the defense, made up my mind that Schaub cannot throw a pass. He's done

nut
10-07-2013, 09:54 AM
We fire Kubiak, Schaub, the special teams coach & the kicker today. Is anybody really surprised at Schaub's performance? He doesn't have an arm, throws an errant ball or takes a turtle sack when approached by any opposing player and is never a leader. Kubiak has never added any new wrinkles in to his conservative 20-yr old Mike Shanahan game plan since he got here. Both Kubiak and Schaub have been deers in the headlights during playoff games. ST's and the kicker, nuff said. I realize the firings won't happen, but they should. We have extended all the losers' contracts and are stuck with them for the time being. Bye, bye playoffs.

The1ApplePie
10-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Schaub blows, but his backups are a whole lot worse.

The Texans simply don't have a veteran backup like Kyle Orton or a guy with starting potential like Ryan Mallett

They don't even have a Chad Henne or Mark Sanchez

cuppacoffee
10-07-2013, 10:12 AM
I am not sure if anything will be done midseason, but I think the only way Kubiak saves his job is by opening up the deep routes. Without it, our routes are going to be jumped.

Looks like teams have discovered that they only have to defend the first nine yards past the line of scrimmage.

Plus the fact that Schaub has no velocity on his throws.

Kubiak needs a new menu. Other teams know our pass routes better than some of our receivers. It doesn't appear to me that they have changed them up since day one.

Bet the farm that Schaub starts again next week. It's not going to get ugly, it already is.

This team is fractured.

Jacksonville has circled the Texans games on their schedule.

:coffee:

handswarmer
10-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Unless there is a dramatic change in personnel or playcalling, I see a brutal road ahead for the Texans

Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs L
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts L
Week 10 at Cardinals W
Week 11 vs Raiders Pick 'em
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts L
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans L

But the good news is you never know how the season plays out. Things can take a turn in the last quarter....you just have to Win, no style points, just win...

Corrosion
10-07-2013, 10:15 AM
I believe this is a bit of a situation on the whole organization about Matt, how could we not have been grooming a backup by now. And don't give me the Case Keenum crap, we haven't drafted a QB other than TJ Yates, and someone else I didn't even know we had drafted since Kubiak has been here.

You absolutely have to have an exit plan for Schaub as soon as he broke his foot, do they really believe that TJ Yates is that guy?

We have been grooming a backup .... Just not a replacement.

QB is the hardest position in sports to fill. How many truly elite QB's are there on the planet ?! Four. Manning , Brady , Brees , Rogers So we have 32 teams who all want one of those few players.

28 teams dont have one elite QB much less a second standing there waiting to replace the guy in front of them. Those teams have to win by other means and this team was built to win with average QB play with its balanced offense and very good defense.

Sadly for our Texans , Schaub went from middle of the pack to absolutely horrible right before our eyes , from 11th in QBR alltime to damaged goods.

I can only think of two times where teams went from one great QB to another instantly Favre to Rogers & Montana to Young. You might throw Manning to Luck in the conversation but that wasn't a seamless transition , they had to go 2-14 to get Luck.

At this point , I'd like to see a change under center too .... But not because I believe one of those backups are better , but because of the potential (however slim) that one might be.

Rey
10-07-2013, 10:20 AM
To borrow a term, without a change of QB and HC the Texans are stuck on the treadmill of mediocrity a la the Rockets before the Harden trade.

Yeah...this is nothing like the rockets.

Trail.Blazr
10-07-2013, 10:32 AM

QB is the hardest position in sports to fill. How many truly elite QB's are there on the planet ?! Four. Manning , Brady , Brees , Rogers So we have 32 teams who all want one of those few players.

28 teams dont have one elite QB much less a second standing there waiting to replace the guy in front of them. Those teams have to win by other means and this team was built to win with average QB play with its balanced offense and very good defense.

Sadly for our Texans , Schaub went from middle of the pack to absolutely horrible right before our eyes , from 11th in QBR alltime to damaged goods.

I can only think of two times where teams went from one great QB to another instantly Favre to Rogers & Montana to Young. You might throw Manning to Luck in the conversation but that wasn't a seamless transition , they had to go 2-14 to get Luck.

At this point , I'd like to see a change under center too .... But not because I believe one of those backups are better , but because of the potential (however slim) that one might be.

Amen.. Another reason I'd like to see a change is, even if Schaub is REALLY the best option, he's proven that the team has absolutely nothing to lose by benching him.

Our Defense is good, scuse me... Great. 21 of SF's 34 are off Schaub INT's. I refuse to pin 21 on the Defense. so, the Offense should still answer for not being able to cover the 13 remaining. With AJ, AF, OD and AD and a good O-Line, you telling me we can only score 3 against a Defense where 2 of their probowlers didn't even suit up?

pick-6's aside, Matt's proven he's ineffective. Set the tone for the rest of the team.

Corrosion
10-07-2013, 10:36 AM

Right , this team had high expectations going into the season .... the Rockets were expected to suck.

This team is very good at the skill positions outside of QB and has a very good defense.

How the hell does the opposing QB go 6/15 113 yards (293yards total offense) and you give up 34 ? Oh , Turnovers .....

handswarmer
10-07-2013, 11:05 AM
The Texans are 4-7 since their 2012 peak of 11-1.

Thorn
10-07-2013, 11:14 AM
The Texans are 4-7 since their 2012 peak of 11-1.

Yes, we are painfully aware of it. You wouldn't take Kubiak and Schaub off our hands would you? I trade you a bag of M&Ms and a coke.

handswarmer
10-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Yes, we are painfully aware of it. You wouldn't take Kubiak and Schaub off our hands would you? I trade you a bag of M&Ms and a coke.

Kubiak made his name as an OC for Shanahan right? Maybe Mike fires his son and hires Gary.

Schaub? might be a good backup for someone...guys like Sage Rosefels, Rex Grossman, Dan Orlovsky seem to hang around collecting checks and Schaub is better than them.

Schaub, to be successful, has to start off hot, the running game has to be working and the Texans have to score a TD on their first possession. If none of these materializes, he's toast the rest of the game....

Uncle Rico
10-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Right , this team had high expectations going into the season .... the Rockets were expected to suck.

This team is very good at the skill positions outside of QB and has a very good defense.

How the hell does the opposing QB go 6/15 113 yards (293yards total offense) and you give up 34 ? Oh , Turnovers .....

After the Howard signing the Rockets instantly became championship contender, where did you read they would suck?

Rey
10-07-2013, 12:05 PM
this is nothing like the rockets. the rockets havent had an allstar player since yao and tmac left. the organization at least acknowledge that and worked on getting one.

the texans on the other hand, have all stars galore on both sides of the ball and still cant get it done.

If Morey was gm of the texans he sure as hell would be smart enough to know that schaub is not the answer and would be looking for ways to replace him.

If Morey was texans gm he'd have signed Peyton when we had a chance to and he would have traded Schaub.

Morey isn't afraid to rock the boat.

Double Barrel
10-07-2013, 12:12 PM

(bolded) Kinda' reminds me of the drop off we saw in Donovan McNabb. Toward the end, he was a competent enough QB, but almost overnight went south and looked like a shell of his former self. He could not make a play to save his life, and it's obvious with Schaub setting such a dubious pathetic record that his best years are way behind him.

Kubiak's faith in Schaub is blinding his objectivity.

Honoring Earl 34
10-07-2013, 12:19 PM
If Morey was texans gm he'd have signed Peyton when we had a chance to and he would have traded Schaub.

Look ... There's just not enough evidence that warrants a change of Matt , Gary , Bullock , or anybody yet . It takes about 8 pick 6's as evidence that teams know what we're doing and Matt tips it off . Now go buy your battle red gear , $8 dollar beers , and by golly cheer the boys on .

Thorn
10-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Look ... There's just not enough evidence that warrants a change of Matt , Gary , Bullock , or anybody yet . It takes about 8 pick 6's as evidence that teams know what we're doing and Matt tips it off . Now go buy your battle red gear , $8 dollar beers , and by golly cheer the boys on .

First a Dallas fan, now McNair is trolling us.

thunderkyss
10-07-2013, 12:29 PM

I didn't think we'd ever sign Peyton. Whether it was a money thing, or a Boselli thing.

But I think it's curious that they went gaga over Ed Reed, but wanted nothing to do with Peyton Manning.

"Ed Reed is going to help us in January."

Like Peyton Manning wouldn't.

Dishman
10-07-2013, 01:46 PM

It's not a perfect analogy, but the Texans are destined to be a middling team as things are configured today.

Dishman
10-07-2013, 01:49 PM

They certainly were not expected to suck. They were expected to be competitive and make Les Alexander money. At times they were a fringe playoff team resulting in consecutive middle round picks that did nothing to upgrade the teams needs.

Dishman
10-07-2013, 01:53 PM
this is nothing like the rockets. the rockets havent had an allstar player since yao and tmac left. the organization at least acknowledge that and worked on getting one.

the texans on the other hand, have all stars galore on both sides of the ball and still cant get it done.

If Morey was gm of the texans he sure as hell would be smart enough to know that schaub is not the answer and would be looking for ways to replace him.

My point isn't about talent. My point is both teams were/are mediocre and were stuck/are stuck on the mediocrity treadmill without change. For the Rockets that change was trading for Harden which eventually resulted in Dwight Howard joining the team. For the Texans this change needs to be an on-the-field regime change where one or both of Kubiak and Schaub are replaced.

busterspencer
10-07-2013, 02:16 PM

Why Smith...I actually think he has put togather a pretty good scouting/draft team. He has also picked up some substantual free agents and walk ons. I have been a Kubiak supporter from day 1 until last week. I did not know he would not let Matt change a play at the line after he looks over the defense..That is plain stupid. He is the one who calls all of those screen passes and plays that are always 1-2 yards short on 3rd down.. BS

Rey
10-07-2013, 02:24 PM
It's not a perfect analogy, but the Texans are destined to be a middling team as things are configured today.

Well, I think the difference is that the rockets exceeded expectations. Those teams always fought hard.

The texans otoh, are well below expectations. There are tons of other differences.

I get what you are saying, I just don't agree with it. Their paths have been very different.

Wolf
10-07-2013, 05:14 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1270143_10200897739505964_2049333696_o.jpg

Thorn
10-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Wolf, what's the address of that tombstone maker? I've got a few ideas myself. :evilb:

Wolf
10-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Wolf, what's the address of that tombstone maker? I've got a few ideas myself. :evilb:

http://www.jjchandler.com/tombstone/

Here you go and I think they have other generators lol

Showtime100
10-07-2013, 06:06 PM
All in know is I feel like the parrot in that Ron White joke where in the end the parrot and the ship's magician are adrift at sea among the flotsam and the parrot says ............

"braaaaach [my parrot noise..lol].........I give up, where's the damned ship." :overreact: