PDA

View Full Version : Houston Texans @ San Francisco 49ers. 7:30. 10/6. NBC. **Official GameDay Thread**

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

hradhak
10-06-2013, 10:18 PM
I'm not sure Kubiak's thinking. He takes out AJ, but leaves Foster and Duane Brown?
A lot of our backups need more reps.

SchaubApologist
10-06-2013, 10:19 PM
has schaub ever got the defense to jump offside? lol

not that i can recall.

time in, time out.. he does: 2-80.... 2-80..... HUT

CloakNNNdagger
10-06-2013, 10:20 PM
The only reason that Fosters still in there was to get 100 yds.

Ghostform
10-06-2013, 10:20 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img547/1682/zisn.jpg

TexansFight
10-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Take it easy, Francis. You don't know the man. Ease off the personal insults.

I do know the man. He is a stubborn, arrogant man that doesn't not make adjustments, sticks with horrible assistants that needed to be fired years ago (Mariano and the garbage DCs he had before Wade). He would rather let the ship sink than accept when he is dead wrong like he is with Schaub. I have no respect for him at all. He is absolute garbage.

eriadoc
LOL, Collinsworth just said the game was won by Vic Fangio and the 49ers defense. I beg to differ. This game was won by Matt Schaub.

thunderkyss
Yates will probably look better with a full week of practice with the first team. Still he's got a lot more zip on the ball that Schaub.

It really doesn't matter. Schaub has been who he's been for some time now. If we think Kubiak can get Schaub to the Super Bowl.. no reason to believe he can't get Yates or Keenum to the Super Bowl, as long as they don't do anything stupid.

It's hard to see Matt refraining from being stuped right now. I don't know why he's playing so badly, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Now if Yates goes out there & do stuped crap, then he does stuped crap & we're not going anywhere.

So I'm not saying we're going to the Super Bowl with Yates. Or Keenum.

Chances are we're going to St Louis with Matt. We're going to win, I doubt Matt will look good while we do it.

We're going to beat KC. The Defense is going to pitch a shut out. Schaub won't look any better.

Basically, our play off hopes will look mathematically possible, then we're going to stumble in December.

Kubiak needs to get past his belief that Schaub can get back, he needs to go forward with either Keenum or Yates, I really don't care which. whoever he thinks gives us the best shot & start getting him & the team ready for December & hopefully January.

eriadoc
10-06-2013, 10:23 PM
I have no respect for him at all. He is absolute garbage.

Take it up with him in person and leave the personal insults off this board then.

SchaubApologist
10-06-2013, 10:25 PM
I do know the man. He is a stubborn, arrogant man that doesn't not make adjustments, sticks with horrible assistants that needed to be fired years ago (Mariano and the garbage DCs he had before Wade). He would rather let the ship sink than accept when he is dead wrong like he is with Schaub. I have no respect for him at all. He is absolute garbage.

Gary Kubiak is actually an exceptional human being.

My father knows him quite well and he always tells me how good of a guy he is. My dad does not give compliments when unwarranted either.

GuerillaBlack
10-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Take it up with him in person and leave the personal insults off this board then.

Oh come on.

legacy_gt
10-06-2013, 10:26 PM
so pissed. we should have had the 3 points that bullock missed.

hot pickle
10-06-2013, 10:27 PM
HAHAAH as fans that support and spend money on a team, we deserve to have a product that is acceptable, and if it is not we have the right to criticize the product

Showtime100
10-06-2013, 10:30 PM
LOL, Collinsworth just said the game was won by Vic Fangio and the 49ers defense. I beg to differ. This game was won by Matt Schaub.

Lol....Yeah.

Maybe he was trying to get off Schaub's back a little bit. Collinsworth is the first announcer that I'm aware of that even did enough homework to know Schaub is the problem.

DX-TEX
I honestly don't know what to say. Im just speechless

OrdinaryAvgGuy

I understand you do not care for him as a coach or personnel manager, but that is pretty awful. You should work on separating personal from professional evaluations.

Vinny
10-06-2013, 10:31 PM
I honestly don't know what to say. Im just speechlessPerhaps it's in the foreshadowing. My 10yo daughter was singing along with the National Anthem. The camera panned over to Kubiak and she asked me why that guy looked so confused.

BullNation4Life
10-06-2013, 10:32 PM
so pissed. we should have had the 3 points that bullock missed.

"I'm not as worried about or QB problem rather than our kicker problem."

~G Kubiak

SchaubApologist
10-06-2013, 10:32 PM
HAHAAH as fans that support and spend money on a team, we deserve to have a product that is acceptable, and if it is not we have the right to criticize the product

I agree, but labeling Kubiak a bad person could not be further from the truth.

A bad head coach... That's a different story.

Showtime100
10-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Perhaps it's in the foreshadowing. My 10yo daughter was singing along with the National Anthem. The camera panned over to Kubiak and she asked me why that guy looked so confused.

Help me out, there, Vin. How DOES one re-word the phase "head up his ass" to a 10-year-old anyway? :D

waynegg
10-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Lol....Yeah.

Maybe he was trying to get off Schaub's back a little bit. Collinsworth is the first announcer that I'm aware of that even did enough homework to know Schaub is the problem.

Sure it's not that Collinsworth would be very happy to see the Texans keep playing like this?

Vinny
10-06-2013, 10:37 PM
Help me out, there, Vin. How DOES one re-word the phase "head up his ass" to a 10-year-old anyway? :D

donno, but this offense is older than her and she can call an audible on her play.

htownfan32
10-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Why was D.Brown still in the game last series?

Isn't he coming off a bad toe injury?

Because Gary Kubiak wants to protect his new starting QB

:trapstar:

Showtime100
10-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Sure it's not that Collinsworth would be very happy to see the Texans keep playing like this?

If you are asking me if Collinsworth has it in for the Texans for whatever reason, I would say no, he doesn't. I could be wrong. Want to hear an announcer that hates the Texans? Dan Dierdorf.

If there were a list of announcer-Texan haters I don't think Collinsworth breaks the top 10. Just my opinion.

Mr teX
10-06-2013, 10:41 PM
donno, but this offense is older than her and she can call an audible on her play.

And this is sad.....defenses know kubiak's playcall and schaub's reads before they even make them...

cameronkrazie86
10-06-2013, 10:42 PM
Amazing to think the game was over after Schaub's first pass.

Showtime100
10-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Amazing to think the game was over after Schaub's first pass.

Sure is, because I, for one, didn't.

eriadoc
10-06-2013, 10:45 PM
Sure is, because I, for one, didn't.

God bless your optimism. :)

Showtime100
10-06-2013, 10:48 PM
God bless your optimism. :)

I need a hug............

......from a woman, that is. :foottap:

legacy_gt
10-06-2013, 10:58 PM
3 pts people. something has to change.

MEGA SWATT
10-06-2013, 11:05 PM
3 pts people. something has to change.

So you're saying we weren't shut out?:bender:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-07-2013, 01:13 AM
We could have taken 3 knees and punted the ball on every possession and the game would have been closer.

eriadoc
10-07-2013, 01:20 AM
We could have taken 3 knees and punted the ball on every possession and the game would have been closer.

LMAO! Sad, but true.

Bulls on Parade
10-07-2013, 01:52 AM
Please tell me we can beat the Rams at home next Sunday?

SAMURAITEXAN
10-07-2013, 02:02 AM
We weren't able to play our running game due to Matt's brain fart INTs in early in the game and we find ourselves behind.

waynegg
10-07-2013, 02:22 AM

Big
?

Kaiser Toro
10-07-2013, 05:25 AM

We may be more talented, but expect to be out coached.

LEATHERHEAD
10-07-2013, 05:32 AM
We have only scored 3 points in the last 6 qts omg..something is really wrong.

htowntexans1985
10-07-2013, 06:31 AM
Well, woke up and read the news. Schaub is still our starting quarterback. Smh.

Thorn
10-07-2013, 07:13 AM
Man, I hate for the season to be over with this early. It's bad enough during the off season. Has Kubiak been fired yet?

silvrhand
10-07-2013, 07:41 AM
And this is sad.....defenses know kubiak's playcall and schaub's reads before they even make them...

We have always been a finesse/gimmick offense, the problem is the gimmick is up and it's now on us.

We can run the ball effectively still.
We don't have a deep threat, which means secondary isn't scared.
We don't have a QB that can scramble, he just falls down on his own.
We are getting bullied by the secondary after they figure out he above, they just sit on the short routes and play aggressively.

We lack a receiver that can consistently beat man coverage now.

silvrhand
10-07-2013, 07:41 AM
Man, I hate for the season to be over with this early. It's bad enough during the off season. Has Kubiak been fired yet?

Soon as we lose to the colts/titans it's done, we'll be out of the playoff hunt at that point.

Bulls on Parade
10-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Well, woke up and read the news. Schaub is still our starting quarterback. Smh.
Yeah, Gary Kubiak pretty much said that in the interview I watched last night. He seems confident Schaub is going to turn it around. We'll certainly see. The only thing that upsets me is that Kubiak is putting all of his eggs into the Schaub basket. He's ready to gamble on a guy who just isn't there mentally anymore. I admire Kubiak's loyalty but his stubborn ways are ruining this team.

At 2-3, we can still fight back and make the playoffs but I've already lost faith in Matt Schaub myself and I was one of his biggest fans. It took a long time to convince me he was done, but I'm on board with everybody else wanting him replaced as the starter.

eriadoc
10-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Yeah, Gary Kubiak pretty much said that in the interview I watched last night. He seems confident Schaub is going to turn it around. We'll certainly see. The only thing that upsets me is that Kubiak is putting all of his eggs into the Schaub basket. He's ready to gamble on a guy who just isn't there mentally anymore. I admire Kubiak's loyalty but his stubborn ways are ruining this team.

At 2-3, we can still fight back and make the playoffs but I've already lost faith in Matt Schaub myself and I was one of his biggest fans. It took a long time to convince me he was done, but I'm on board with everybody else wanting him replaced as the starter.

He's ready to gamble away another year of 52 other men - their careers, their opportunities, and their bodies.

Norg
10-07-2013, 10:35 AM
ok shark can no longer make GD theads :texflag:

eriadoc
10-07-2013, 10:37 AM
We have only scored 3 points in the last 6 qts omg..something is really wrong.

I think it's something like 14 of 21 quarters this season that the Texans have not scored at all. Don't quote me.

TheIronDuke
10-07-2013, 10:48 AM
"I think it's something like 14 of 21 quarters this season that the Texans have not scored at all."

-eriadoc

thunderkyss
10-07-2013, 11:11 AM
I'm really starting to get upset with the radio coverage of Matt's interceptions last night. I've even got people coming to me today saying Kubiak is too predictable & DBs are sitting on our routes.

That's not what happened. If we're predictable, fine. I can live with that. I don't like it. But I would be expecting something to be done about the predictability.

What I saw last night, was that between the time Schaub decided to throw the ball & the ball left his hand, someone recognized where he was about to throw the ball & jumped the route.

The pick six, the guy covering DeAndre stumbled, thought he was beat. He looked at the QB, realized the ball was coming his way & jumped Andre's route.

The one their safety should have caught, he saw Matt was about to throw the ball... jumped the route.

The one Andre saved from being Matt's 5th pick 6, the DB was behind him.... 4 yards. He saw Matt load up & jumped the route.

The one the big defensive lineman picked...... he was reading Schaub the whole way, jumped Graham's route.

It's not predictability. It's Matt's slow decision making process & slow delivery/release.

If he had enough confidence in his protection (which was pretty good last night) to pump fake..... we could use that to our advantage.

jaayteetx
10-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Matt's play has really depressed me lately but I absolutely love it when everyone is picking against the Texans, I see a dubya tonight...or a complete meltdown.

Got that one right...

DX-TEX
10-07-2013, 11:23 AM
I keep searching the internet for comments, quotes anything but there is literally nothing out there from last night. I just can not imagine anyone in the organization is ahppy right now and usually something gets out.

Im just looking for hope.

Vinny
10-07-2013, 11:28 AM
I keep searching the internet for comments, quotes anything but there is literally nothing out there from last night. I just can not imagine anyone in the organization is ahppy right now and usually something gets out.

Im just looking for hope.hope? When Manning left the division we didn't even talk to him. Greatest QB in modern history on the open market and we don't even want to talk. Meanwhile we beat the Bengals 2x in the playoffs while the Colts rebuild in 2 seasons and we are once again looking up to the team with the most long term potential. At least we have the Jags to kick around.

HOU-TEX
10-07-2013, 11:35 AM
hope? When Manning left the division we didn't even talk to him. Greatest QB in modern history on the open market and we don't even want to talk. Meanwhile we beat the Bengals 2x in the playoffs while the Colts rebuild in 2 seasons and we are once again looking up to the team with the most long term potential. At least we have the Jags to kick around.

For now..

DX-TEX
10-07-2013, 11:40 AM
hope? When Manning left the division we didn't even talk to him. Greatest QB in modern history on the open market and we don't even want to talk. Meanwhile we beat the Bengals 2x in the playoffs while the Colts rebuild in 2 seasons and we are once again looking up to the team with the most long term potential. At least we have the Jags to kick around.

I want hope that someone important is pissed. lol

cstyle42
10-07-2013, 11:44 AM

That's what happens to good ol boy systems and that's what this franchise deserves. Arrogant ways of trying to force what doesn't work to work in a league that is too advanced. At this point any team in the nfl can beat us because of this fact.

cstyle42
10-07-2013, 11:45 AM
I want hope that someone important is pissed. lol

I hope it's all these fans that keep buying tickets.

HTown2ATX
10-07-2013, 04:21 PM
I was watching the game with a family I am friends with in Elgin last night with my daughter for the first half so didn't have access to my computer. Just went and looked at the beginning of the thread so I could see the reaction of everyone when that Pick 6 hit. Hahaha, page 5 is funny as hell. Everyone is just chatting away and then the bomb drops lol.

Where I was at we were a minute or so behind as we rewound it for a sec on the DVR so when the pick happened my phone started blowing up but I hadn't seen it yet. Lol......so fuqed up with that pick 6.

Matt Schaub is the Cal Ripken Jr of Pick 6's for consecutive streaks....he's the Iron Man of pick 6's lol.

Bulls on Parade
10-07-2013, 11:05 PM
ThaShark316, take one for the team and let somebody else make the game thread against the Rams. LOL, three-game losing streak bro. We need to try something new. My goodness gracious. Just to end the skid at least.

ObsiWan
10-09-2013, 08:37 AM
ThaShark316, take one for the team and let somebody else make the game thread against the Rams. LOL, three-game losing streak bro. We need to try something new. My goodness gracious. Just to end the skid at least.

Okay who's the backup gameday thread starter for ThaShark316?
Should it be a Yates supporter or a Keenum supporter??
:D

Rey
10-09-2013, 09:09 AM
If he had enough confidence in his protection.

Always trying to set up an out for him....