PDA

View Full Version : Dear football Gods....Week 5 Let's Predict

EllisUnit
10-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Dear football gods...

I know i havent talked to you in a while, and turned my back on you when things got good
I need to pray to you more, i know that i should
I wouldnt ask for your help, if its wasnt truly a big deal
Cause if you wont help us than i'm afraid noone will
I have this team that i love, from the lone star state
They are "ok" ,,,but god they could be great
They have so much talent, its almost heavenly in a way
But they shoot themselves in the foot each and every gameday
I know i know,,,,what do i expect you to do
For these NFL fans who have remained so true
I wont bring up the fact that our history has been a living hell
And you helping the bills in the "comeback" didnt sit with me to well
I know that was the titans, who are now in tennessee
But the history of that stuff stays with the city
And to sit here and watch all this talent go to waste
Leaves in my mouth a bad and bitter taste
We got AJ, Foster, Watt and Co
This kick ass team should be 4-0
I only ask that you cure Schaubs horrible vision
Cause at this rate we wont even win the division
One more request my dear lord
Then i'll let you go cause your silence tells me your bored
Can we win the Superbowl, just one maybe two
And i will never ask another thing of you

Amen

^^^Just for entertainment folks, so noone get offended, and if you did well my bad^^^

Texans 38
49ers 17

I predict Schaub WILL NOT throw a pick 6 this game
Foster gets 175+ yards and 2 scores
AJ 130+ yards 1 score
Watt 2 sacks
Defense as a whole 6 sacks

DX-TEX
10-01-2013, 10:19 PM
52-6 Texans.

Watt is angry.:texflag:

EllisUnit
10-01-2013, 10:20 PM
52-6 Texans.

whew you must of whipped your ass and said 3 hail marys for that score

thunderkyss
10-01-2013, 10:23 PM
16 - 9

Them boys on Kirby.

DX-TEX
10-01-2013, 10:32 PM
whew you must of whipped your ass and said 3 hail marys for that score

Im dead serious. Just got this feeling. After Watts post game comments and that meeting the players had....I just think as a group they are pissed and embarrassed. What better way to give a big #1 salute to the league other than making a statement in primetime?

I could also just be gassy.

kiwitexansfan
10-01-2013, 10:36 PM
52-6 Texans.

Is Watt playing offense, or is that 7 defensive touchdowns and a FG.

kiwitexansfan
10-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Texans almost beat the Seahawks.

Seahawks >> 49ers.

Texans beat 49ers.

I predict at least 3 turtles from Schaub and another Schaub, because calling pick sixes or taints Schaubs is fun.

Bulls on Parade
10-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Texans 23, 49ers 20 in Overtime

We go down 20-3 at halftime on the road and rally to win 23-20 in overtime

Redemption for last week

htownfan32
10-01-2013, 10:58 PM
4-0 Texans.

Offense doesn't do ****, defense pitches a shutout with two safeties.

Cushing angry.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/BRIAN-CUSHING-BLOOD-HOUSTON-TEXANS-NFL-8X10-GLOSSY-PHOTO-1-/00/s/OTAwWDExMjc=/$(KGrHqVHJEoFCd2-fY)NBQtsZ-BgUQ~~60_35.JPG

DX-TEX
10-01-2013, 10:59 PM
Is Watt playing offense, or is that 7 defensive touchdowns and a FG.

Ed Reed had Ray Lewis give Matt a call....

chicagotexan2
10-02-2013, 12:12 AM
Foster and Tate will ground and pound
Smith and watt will harass a lot
Kareem and reed will make them bleed
Bullock and lechler will make the kicks
And Schaub will throw his fourth pick six

SchaubApologist
10-02-2013, 12:23 AM
F THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:swatter:

HTOWN: 27
SF: 10

LEEEEHGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:spin:

Bulls on Parade
10-02-2013, 08:00 AM
Foster and Tate will ground and pound
Smith and watt will harass a lot
Kareem and reed will make them bleed
Bullock and lechler will make the kicks
And Schaub will throw his fourth pick six
He's more likely to continue his streak of costly penalties. Whether it's not turning his head around when he has excellent coverage on the receiver (pass interference every time), or body slamming somebody right in front of the zebras, or picking up a $42,000 dollar fine from a previous game. Totally unnecessary mistakes. The sad thing is I picked Kareem to have a break out, superstar caliber, All Pro type of season in 2013. He's far from that.

I realize Johnathan Joseph is every bit as guilty in terms of the mistakes but at least he had what should have been the game-winning interception in the last game. Kareem Jackson has 0 INTs through the first four games, only two pass deflections for that matter, and has done nothing to impress me so far in 2013. And we're somehow the number 1 ranked defense in the league despite his mistakes and costing us a lot of penalty yardage.

If guys like Schaub, Kareem Jackson and even Randy Bullock to some degree, don't all play better football, as in being more consistently good, we're not even going to sniff the Super Bowl, much less make the playoffs this year. It just seems like it's the same guys letting us down week after week. Kudos to Bullock for at least not missing any field goals, 2-for-2 in the last game.

Thorn
10-02-2013, 08:10 AM
If we don't get Schaubed again, we can take this game.

That's all.

eriadoc
10-02-2013, 08:47 AM
Kaepernick will run a bit more than Russell Wilson did. Schaub will throw an INT in a crucial situation, but it won't be a pick six directly. The defense will give up at least one long drive, but play well enough to win.

Texan_Bill
10-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Dear football gods...

I know i havent talked to you in a while, and turned my back on you when things got good
I need to pray to you more, i know that i should
I wouldnt ask for your help, if its wasnt truly a big deal
Cause if you wont help us than i'm afraid noone will
I have this team that i love, from the lone star state
They are "ok" ,,,but god they could be great
They have so much talent, its almost heavenly in a way
But they shoot themselves in the foot each and every gameday
I know i know,,,,what do i expect you to do
For these NFL fans who have remained so true
I wont bring up the fact that our history has been a living hell
And you helping the bills in the "comeback" didnt sit with me to well
I know that was the titans, who are now in tennessee
But the history of that stuff stays with the city
And to sit here and watch all this talent go to waste
Leaves in my mouth a bad and bitter taste
We got AJ, Foster, Watt and Co
This kick ass team should be 4-0
I only ask that you cure Schaubs horrible vision
Cause at this rate we wont even win the division
One more request my dear lord
Then i'll let you go cause your silence tells me your bored
Can we win the Superbowl, just one maybe two
And i will never ask another thing of you

Amen

^^^Just for entertainment folks, so noone get offended, and if you did well my bad^^^

Texans 38
49ers 17

I predict Schaub WILL NOT throw a pick 6 this game
Foster gets 175+ yards and 2 scores
AJ 130+ yards 1 score
Watt 2 sacks
Defense as a whole 6 sacks

^^^^^^Pretty much the dumbest thing I've ever read!^^^^^^^

:pop:

:pirate:

TheIronDuke
10-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Guess I'll be the first to predict a loss here. 27-13, Kaep runs wild on our defense and Kubes busts out the playbook he used when TJ Yates was QB and doesn't give Schaub many chances to screw up like he always does. Still won't work as Schaub throws at least one pick and will be rattled all day long by the 49ers. Running game will be largely ineffective and we will look like crap on national TV.

ATXtexanfan
10-02-2013, 08:57 AM
24-13 niners.

EllisUnit
10-02-2013, 09:02 AM
^^^^^^Pretty much the dumbest thing I've ever read!^^^^^^^

:pop:

:pirate:

You say that about all my stuff, and it appears you never read obama care

HJam72
10-02-2013, 09:31 AM
SF: 16
Houston: 13

Foster is shut down & some will be asking why Tate wasn't given more opportunity. Schaub is the offense in this game (despite Kubiak's initial plan to run Foster 120 times), but not enough, & THEIR run-game pounds away (at least enough to win). Schaub throws 1 pick (not for a score) & 1 TD.

:toropalm:

PS-the interceptor doesn't score....because Schaub catches his @$$ from behind and horse-collars him straight back by the hood of the helmet, LOL. A fight ensues. Watt kills somebody & gives their helmet to a kid in the stands. Cushing bites a chunk out of somebody's neck....apologizes later. So sorry.

Texan_Bill
10-02-2013, 09:36 AM
You say that about all my stuff, and it appears you never read obama care

Apparently you don't understand humor! Thus the: :pop: & :pirate:

Marcus
10-02-2013, 09:50 AM
You say that about all my stuff . . .

Can't say as I blame him. I mean ... that was pretty dumb. :mcnugget:

It really wouldn't kill you to at least try making a real prediction every once in awhile.

Dread-Head
10-02-2013, 10:54 AM
The national media will be saying how it will be a SF blow out. The Texans' defense will be kicking SF's ASS but Schlaub and the offense will be playing minimalist football and might get a couple of scores. Somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd Quarter Schlaub will throw AT LEAST one interception which will set up a score and swing the momentum to Frisco and the win.
Unless Harbaugh's defense plays dirty (as they often do) and takes Schaub OUT of this one we don't have a prayer.

silvrhand
10-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Sunday Night National Audience - yep
Tough Team - yep

We get rolled this week.. History doesn't change till this team grows some balls, and that doesn't come with Kubiak, he's just too nice.

SF - 31 Texans 13

eriadoc
10-02-2013, 10:59 AM
If the Texans defense holds the 49ers offense to 16 points, do the Texans win?

Thorn
10-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Unless Harbaugh's defense plays dirty (as they often do) and takes Schaub OUT of this one we don't have a prayer.

:lol:

Treading into different waters here Dread? Not that I disagree of course. :smiliepalm:

deucetx
10-02-2013, 11:19 AM
To hell with it. I'm riding this ship til it sinks, then pull that son of a b**** back up and ride it again. Texans 24-13.

silvrhand
10-02-2013, 11:21 AM
The national media will be saying how it will be a SF blow out. The Texans' defense will be kicking SF's ASS but Schlaub and the offense will be playing minimalist football and might get a couple of scores. Somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd Quarter Schlaub will throw AT LEAST one interception which will set up a score and swing the momentum to Frisco and the win.

Personally I love Harbaugh.. I wish we had a coach that didn't care if he stepped on your face.

Texan_Bill
10-02-2013, 11:24 AM
31-13 Texans.

Schaub throws 4 TD's, no picks and for about 350 yards.
Foster runs for a buck 30.
AJ - 7 catches for over a hundy.
JJ Watt has 2.5 sacks and a bloody nose.
Cush has 12 tackles and head butts someone without his helmet on.

Nevermind. I knew it was too early to start drinking.

Dread-Head
10-02-2013, 11:30 AM
31-13 Texans.

Schaub throws 4 TD's, no picks and for about 350 yards.
Foster runs for a buck 30.
AJ - 7 catches for over a hundy.
JJ Watt has 2.5 sacks and a bloody nose.
Cush has 12 tackles and head butts someone without his helmet on.

Nevermind. I knew it was too early to start drinking.

:thinking: Too early to "start". I didn't think you ever stopped.

silvrhand
10-02-2013, 11:30 AM
If the Texans defense holds the 49ers offense to 16 points, do the Texans win?

No cause Matt makes it a +10 on him, for a total of 26 and we are done we won't put up 26 on the 49ers.

Bulls on Parade
10-02-2013, 01:15 PM
No cause Matt makes it a +10 on him, for a total of 26 and we are done we won't put up 26 on the 49ers.
Didn't the Colts just put up 27 at San Francisco? Sure, the 49ers had some guys out and Luck is way better than Schaub, but overall as a team, we are every bit as good as the Colts if not better.

Surreal McCoy
10-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Friends don't let Texans prime time.

SF 31
HOU 19

Nawzer
10-02-2013, 01:24 PM
San Francisco 27-Texans 3

SacHawk
10-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Texans:27
Digits: 6

Good luck!!!

Trail.Blazr
10-02-2013, 01:58 PM
In candlestick, Kaap will provide Houston with read option fits when he's not picking Vernon Davis or Anquan Boldin to abusing the secondary between the hashes depending on coverage.

Hopefully, a missing Patrick Willis and Aldon Smith will be enough for Kubiak to keep feeding Foster and Tate, keeping the ball in Houston's hands, the crowd to a dull roar and the score manageable via a heavy dose of the ground game. Sprinkle in a couple of timely play actions and Houston has a chance.

I thought last week, Houston would be sooo embarrassed by the Ravens game, they would come out with something to prove. I won't make that mistake again.

In the end, it boils down to the play of #8. If he can control the football, we have a good chance. At the start of the Ravens game I spoke to Schaub through my TV. Told him if this team is to get to the next level, it starts right here, right now with HIM. Since that conversation, he's 0-2. I'll wager everyone else's paycheck Matt turns it around in week 5 :spin:

30-23 9ers

EllisUnit
10-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Apparently you don't understand humor! Thus the: :pop: & :pirate:

;) !

EllisUnit
10-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Can't say as I blame him. I mean ... that was pretty dumb. :mcnugget:

It really wouldn't kill you to at least try making a real prediction every once in awhile.

Read below my name there M, these are real predictions !

GNTLEWOLF
10-02-2013, 03:02 PM
45- 6 San Francisco

2012Champs
10-02-2013, 03:45 PM
the game openend -6.5 and has moved to -7/-7.5 with most of the money with the spread or ML on the texans. I would like to see Matt pull it together and the team perform in primetime. 24-14 texans

BullNation4Life
10-02-2013, 04:00 PM
my prediction...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/gag.gif

htowntexans1985
10-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Have to have a lb spy Kaepernick all day. Preferably Mays or Sharpton. Let Cushing handle Gore and any tight end that dares to cross his path.

Texans 31
9ers 16

eriadoc
10-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Have to have a lb spy Kaepernick all day. Preferably Mays or Sharpton. Let Cushing handle Gore and any tight end that dares to cross his path.

Texans 31
9ers 16

Preferably Mercilus, since he did one helluva job this past Sunday. Aside from Watt, he was probably the best defender out there.

Vinny
10-02-2013, 04:38 PM
this is the year I'd have a hard time predicting that water was wet. Seems like every outcome I think I may have a handle on is wrong. I like the 9'ers in this one so that is probably good news for the Texans.

49'ers - 20
Texans - 13

2012Champs
10-02-2013, 05:07 PM
schaub is probably gonna have a bounce back game vs a niner team that is not the same as it was last year and the schaub apologists will come back and say everything is ok and we were wrong about schaub.

:toropalm:

or the haters will play down a win before it occurs and if the loss occurs say I told you so? Comical

2012Champs
10-02-2013, 05:15 PM
ohh look here's one right now, and he didnt even wait.

rofl.

Smart, honest, knowledgeable texan fans are gonna play it down because this niner team is not the same and missing a lot of key players. The colts just beat them. They got wrecked by seattle who we basically dominated.

go get your shine box.

you cant have it both ways brah

htownfan32
10-02-2013, 05:17 PM
you cant have it both ways bra

fify

http://www.colourbox.com/preview/1913369-657476-red-bra-with-straps-isolated-on-a-white-background.jpg

2012Champs
10-02-2013, 05:32 PM
is this niner team the same great niner team of last year?

NO.

is this niner team missing key players on both sides of the ball?

yes.

did this niner team just get beat at home by the colts?

yes.

did this niner team get wrecked by the seahawks who we basically dominated?

yes.

lol at your screen name, 2012champs. Sorry your expectations and your whole internet persona was shattered. keep rationalizing.

So if Schaub comes into San Fran and plays well you can continue to down play everything? Cool. Im not sure why you have come to the board as such a bitter and insecure person

Allegra
10-02-2013, 06:00 PM
52-6 Texans.

Apparently, Watt reiterated his anger today. I saw a little blurb pop up on the Fox KRIV 26 FB feed.

Allegra
10-02-2013, 06:04 PM
Preferably Mercilus, since he did one helluva job this past Sunday. Aside from Watt, he was probably the best defender out there.

Mercilus was amazing. Joseph was much improved. We could sure use some Duane Brown this weekend and it's essential that Cush is cleared to go.

2012Champs
10-02-2013, 06:06 PM
because we have been winning despite of schaub. we have had stacked rosters on both sides of the ball, pro bowlers everywhere the past couple of years and schaub has basically taken the texans as far as tj yates.

just think about that. schaub has the same playoff wins as tj yates.

that's just what schaub is. he plays well enough not to lose or plays well enough to get you beat as evidenced this last game.

lol at your pretentious internet psycho analysis.

Bitter? yes.

but that's because im a houstonian who watched the oilers and now is suffering through the texans. If you're a houstonian and you follow football, chances are you're bitter.

How could you not be?

The playoff win stat is silly at best. Yates wouldn't have had the chance without Matt remember?

Am I'm bitter? Not at all. My life is great and football is entertainment not something to be bigger about

EllisUnit
10-02-2013, 06:24 PM
because we have been winning despite of schaub. we have had stacked rosters on both sides of the ball, pro bowlers everywhere the past couple of years and schaub has basically taken the texans as far as tj yates.

just think about that. schaub has the same playoff wins as tj yates.

that's just what schaub is. he plays well enough not to lose or plays well enough to get you beat as evidenced this last game.

lol at your pretentious internet psycho analysis.

Bitter? yes.

but that's because im a houstonian who watched the oilers and now is suffering through the texans. If you're a houstonian and you follow football, chances are you're bitter.

How could you not be?

If we're going off this season which is the only one that matter then right no we are 50/50 winning losing with Schaub TBH

thunderkyss
10-02-2013, 07:20 PM
I know the announcer made mention that Whitney was going to spy Wilson. But, he wasn't the only one. He may have been the spy quite a bit, but so was Mays, so was Dj... I really think Dj was the better of the bunch, but Merci & Mays played their parts well as well.

As far as this game goes. After realizing it's going to be a late game, there's no way the Texans are going to win. I try... I really do, but I'm probably going to fall asleep before half-time. Texans can't win without me.

Bulls on Parade
10-02-2013, 07:32 PM
thunderkyss, you mentioned going to sleep by halftime. But it's only a 7:30 PM Houston start time on NBC. There is even going to be another game starting after that. The Chargers at Raiders game on the NFL Network on Sunday Night starts at 10:35 PM Houston time.

This Sunday is going to be a fun night. Staying up until 1:30 AM watching some live NFL action. Plus whatever games I'm getting that day on Fox and CBS - one of them has a doubleheader. I know for sure that the local Houston CBS will air the Cowboys and Broncos game at 3:25 PM. That's going to be a lot of football to watch.

I better make sure to get a lot of sleep on Saturday Night.

Seegara
10-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Niners 17
Texans 6

Watt can't do it all by himself. At season's end will he say, "Trade me or else."?

HouTx11
10-02-2013, 08:34 PM
49ers: 31
Texans: 13

Prime time against a mobile QB in their house and on the heels of 2 awful losses. Hoping for a win, but this is what I am feeling about this game. Will likely be the Rams game before the Texans see the W column again.

silvrhand
10-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Didn't the Colts just put up 27 at San Francisco? Sure, the 49ers had some guys out and Luck is way better than Schaub, but overall as a team, we are every bit as good as the Colts if not better.

And right now the colts are a lot better offensively than we are..

Perki-Perk
10-02-2013, 09:18 PM

I think Harbaugh's way of playing dirty in this one would be making sure his D don't hurt Schaub....

Texan_Bill
10-02-2013, 09:18 PM

Whoa... Whoa, WHOA!!!! Let's temper our comments a bit.

Texans are 5th in total offense. The Dolts? 10th...

Context is everything. Yes the Dolts and the Tinnbreds are both 3-1 while we are 2-2 but let's not make blanketing statements like the bolded.

2012Champs
10-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Whoa... Whoa, WHOA!!!! Let's temper our comments a bit.

Texans are 5th in total offense. The Dolts? 10th...

Context is everything. Yes the Dolts and the Tinnbreds are both 3-1 while we are 2-2 but let's not make blanketing statements like the bolded.

Lol way to bring a dose of reality

burro
10-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Houston - 23
San Fran - 19

I predict that Houston will score a TD late in the 4th quarter to take the lead after giving up 4 FGs in the 2nd half to go down 16-19. Schaub will go 29/39 for 330 yards and 2 TDs, but the slow down in the 2nd half will cause people to resume calls for his head before the final TD is scored (ironically scored by a Schaub TD pass to AJ off of a bootleg called by Kubiak).

Okay, maybe it's a slight homer pick...but it really not too hard to imagine

paycheck71
10-02-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm reminded of the Oilers 1993 season, the one after the debacle in Buffalo. They started the season 1-4, all hell was breaking loose, but then they found their groove and finished with 11 straight wins.

The Oilers played the 49rs at Candlestick that season, and the 49rs got to the NFC Championship game the year before, were one of the superbowl favorites in the 93 season. The Oilers came in and won a defensive battle 10-7.

I don't think there are many 10-7 games in the NFL anymore, so I'm going to double that

Texans 20
49rs 14

DocBar
10-02-2013, 10:56 PM
Texans win. Eff you doubters. Stand up on your hind legs and act like men. The Texans will beat the 49'rs.

Corrosion
10-02-2013, 10:58 PM
I'll sacrifice a rabbit ... for a W.

TexaHawk
10-02-2013, 11:29 PM
Look guys, as a Hawks fan I saw the toughest game I have seen going back to 2011 in Houston. The Texans are every bit as good as a fan could ask for. Few teams can play physical with the Hawks and the Texans did that very thing on Sunday.

The Niners can't handle teams with a truly balanced offense and a physical defense. They kill teams with a weakness on offense and powder puff defenses. The Texans are neither. Houston is going to fare a lot better than some folks think. The Niners are average on offense when the game is tight and bi polar when they get down a couple scores. Kaepernick gets shaken very easily when he is down and makes mistakes.

The Texans can contain their run, don't take too much from the one big game they had against the Rams. I'm just saying that as long as the game is close or the Texans can put up some early points, they will likely win. The Niners defense WILL give up big plays on both the ground and in the air, their pass coverage is awful and with those WRs I am positive that Schaub will redeem himself. I am so positive that I am starting him in my fantasy league in which I am the sole 4-0 owner.

The Houston front 7 is better than the Niners, especially with Aldon Smith out and Willis injured. They will frustrate the Niners OLine and get a few personal fouls, they will have trouble getting plays in and communicating. Their crowd is not the least bit disruptive to opposing offenses, but for some reason they have pre snap trouble.

I would love nothing more than to see the Texans just destroy SF, but I am realistic. With that, I think the Texans are going to surprise all the pundits on SFs jock and win 34-20.

thunderkyss
10-03-2013, 08:42 AM

This is typical of a Houston fan.

They score 4 ppg more than we do..... that's not "a lot" better than we are. We're throwing the ball much better than they are (9th in the league vs 24th). We've thrown 8 TDs, they've thrown 5 over 4 games. That's "a lot" or could be.

They're #4 running the ball, we're #7 (4.9 ypc to 4.7). Six rushing TDs vs 1...... they're a lot better there, I'll give them that.

If only they had a QB that could throw it in the end zone. :kitten:

thunderkyss
10-03-2013, 08:46 AM
Look guys, as a Hawks fan I saw the toughest game I have seen going back to 2011 in Houston. The Texans are every bit as good as a fan could ask for. Few teams can play physical with the Hawks and the Texans did that very thing on Sunday.

No offense, but I think less of the Hawks than I did before we played them. I don't think they lived up to the hype & while Russell Wilson can change a game..... it's unrealistic to think he can keep doing that in the NFL.

I always thought he was a much better passer... & while I'm not saying he isn't, he just don't have anybody to throw it to.

Good think there aren't many good secondaries in the NFC.

Blake
10-03-2013, 09:06 AM
49ers 34 Texans 22

Texans D is playing well, but have always had trouble with mobile QBs. Texans offense gets a touchdown late to make it a respectable score.

utahmark
10-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Texans 27 other team 13

gafftop
10-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Below is what I posted for last game. Really don't think it will be much different than last game except CK may be a little more active running earlier in game. It just seemed when the game was on the line Wilson did what he had to do to win it. Just the opposite of what our QB did. I was surprised by the Texans play is first half even though I think GK went a little turtle towards the end of the half. I think we need to win TO battle by +2 to win this game. Playing on the road I think will effect outcome of game. 27-20 49ers

Not as excited for this game because I don't think anything will change based on players performance.

Re: Week 4 VS Seahawks...Let's predict ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I predict MS will have a hard time finding wide open receivers because of the way Seattle plays D and therefore he will get sacked often and throw the ball away many other times. 2 or more interceptions or fumbles by MS. We will have a difficult time running the ball. Basically our offense will be stagnant. We will go for it a couple times on 4th down just to try and get something going. I think we score 6-10 points. Seattle may not be able to move the ball traditionally but we will not be able to contain Wilson at key times and he will scramble and extend plays that extend drives. He will complete a few long passes or get pass interference that will kill the Texans. Even with all this they only score 27 or so points. If we can win the TO battle by 2 or more and we don't give up a pick 6 or long return the game will be competitive and we may win.
Really looking forward to this game and I like that it is early in season because this will be a very good measuring point for team and MS

TexaHawk
10-03-2013, 08:11 PM
No offense, but I think less of the Hawks than I did before we played them. I don't think they lived up to the hype & while Russell Wilson can change a game..... it's unrealistic to think he can keep doing that in the NFL.

I always thought he was a much better passer... & while I'm not saying he isn't, he just don't have anybody to throw it to.

Good think there aren't many good secondaries in the NFC.

I totally get it. That was the worst game I have seen Wilson play with those receivers in his career. His only other terrible game came in SF last year with two TD passes dropped.

I have no doubt that Wilson will get it going, but when he can't find anyone he runs well.

Those receivers are very underrated because even when Wilson is on, he will use 5 of them all day. They end up getting 600-900 yards each, but never focused on one guy, ever.

I completely understand why a Texans fan would think that based on what has happened this year and in that game specifically. The part I am happy about is that I know it will start to come around and in the meantime the defense is holding strong for a 4-0 record. I put it like this, if this game were mid to late season, that game would have been a much higher scoring affair for the Hawks.

Check back in 4 weeks, it will look a lot better. It didn't help him that 3 backups were on the Line and offered NO time and I mean come on.. was there a single play Wilson dropped back that instant pressure wasn't there?

None of that matters, Texans going to win on Sunday. I am a huge fan.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Uncle Rico
10-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Better spy Kap the whole game, unlike last week when they didn't put a guy on Wilson in the 2nd half and it killed them.

DocBar
10-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Better spy Kap the whole game, unlike last week when they didn't put a guy on Wilson in the 2nd half and it killed them.Mercilus was spying him most of the game and did a good job. Most of Wilson's damage came from the right side, where Brooks Reed was either getting pushed inside or up the field.

Lambert
10-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Mercilus was spying him most of the game and did a good job. Most of Wilson's damage came from the right side, where Brooks Reed was either getting pushed inside or up the field.

There wasn't one play where Wison ran wide right.

thunderkyss
10-03-2013, 10:46 PM
I completely understand why a Texans fan would think that based on what has happened this year and in that game specifically. The part I am happy about is that I know it will start to come around and in the meantime the defense is holding strong for a 4-0 record. I put it like this, if this game were mid to late season, that game would have been a much higher scoring affair for the Hawks.

Check back in 4 weeks, it will look a lot better.

I don't want to make a big deal out of it, especially not in this thread. So I'll leave it at this.... it is what it is & Wilson has to do the best he can with what he got. The Seahawks spent a bit of change on Sidney Rice.... Used a second on Golden Tate & Doug Baldwin ain't chopped liver.

But you need WRs.

DocBar
10-03-2013, 10:49 PM
There wasn't one play where Wison ran wide right.There wasn't one play that may have started wide right. He had at least 3 good scrambles to that side during the game. Especially in the 4th quarter and overtime.

Lambert
10-04-2013, 12:35 AM
There wasn't one play that may have started wide right. He had at least 3 good scrambles to that side during the game. Especially in the 4th quarter and overtime.

Link?

Rey
10-04-2013, 01:11 PM

They score 4 ppg more than we do..... that's not "a lot" better than we are. We're throwing the ball much better than they are (9th in the league vs 24th). We've thrown 8 TDs, they've thrown 5 over 4 games. That's "a lot" or could be.

They're #4 running the ball, we're #7 (4.9 ypc to 4.7). Six rushing TDs vs 1...... they're a lot better there, I'll give them that.

TK...4 ppg more is actually quite a bit.

It's only 4 games in so that spread could go either way, but if it holds up over the long term that's not good at all.

If we scored 4 less ppg we'd be 29th in the league in scoring.

2012Champs
10-05-2013, 08:43 AM
The line has moved down to -5/-6 with most of the money on the Texans. Have to keep an eye a hour or two before game time

Goodwrench3
10-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Texans 29
49ers 16

VAI Texans!

Lucky
10-06-2013, 11:17 AM
The line has moved down to -5/-6 with most of the money on the Texans. Have to keep an eye a hour or two before game time
Yeah, I think most people see the game as low scoring with two offenses that will try to limit their mistakes. The team that achieves that will likely come away with the win.

Which is why I like the Niners.

DocBar
10-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Link?

Watch the NFL channel. That game has been all over that channel all week.

Here's one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYk2RjX9gO8)

I'll see if I can find some others.

silvrhand
10-06-2013, 11:32 PM

So anyone want to talk about how good our offense is now?

Corrosion
10-06-2013, 11:34 PM
I'll sacrifice a rabbit ... for a W.

My rabbit lives!!!

http://www.houseofthemes.com/SSimages/SS-RockyBullwinkle.jpg