PDA

View Full Version : David Carr working out with the Titans

Hookem Horns
09-30-2013, 03:48 PM
While the Titans continue to sort out the condition of their starting quarterback, they’re looking ahead for a new backup.

According to Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports, the Titans will work out David Carr tomorrow.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/30/titans-to-work-out-david-carr-tuesday/

brakos82
09-30-2013, 04:01 PM
http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/350x-1313.jpg?w=250

He's like Freddie Mercury with a football.

Meaning that he plays football as well as Freddie Mercury. :kitten:

jaayteetx
09-30-2013, 04:12 PM
I thought he was Eli's backup? He got cut? No way!

Thorn
09-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Locker is supposed to be back late in the season, which hopefully would spare us the scenario of Carr returning to Reliant.

TheIronDuke
09-30-2013, 06:47 PM
I wish him the best and really really hope he makes their squad.

Thorn, if we did play him it'd be in Possum Holler, already played the tacks here.

eriadoc
09-30-2013, 06:48 PM
I wish him the best and hope he starts against the Texans later in the season.

texanmojo
09-30-2013, 06:50 PM
Locker is supposed to be back late in the season, which hopefully would spare us the scenario of Carr returning to Reliant.

Actually I hope he makes the team so JJ Watt can sack his ass!!

YeaLikeRightNow
09-30-2013, 06:59 PM

I think the game will be in Tennessee.

Fred
09-30-2013, 08:33 PM
I wish him the best and hope he starts against the Texans later in the season.

Yes, dear Lord please make this happen! OK, this is probably more in the realm of Satan, but make it happen anyway!

Vinny
09-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Facing Gabbert and Carr 4x a year sounds awesome. Somebody make this happen. #selfsackingqb's

Pollardized
09-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Be careful what you wish for. The football Gods are cruel to Houston. Imagine Carr coming in here and throwing 4 TDs and 400 yards while totally thumping Texans.

Grams
09-30-2013, 09:11 PM
No way, he would see Watt and just go fetal.

chicagotexan2
09-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Be careful what you wish for. The football Gods are cruel to Houston. Imagine Carr coming in here and throwing 4 TDs and 400 yards while totally thumping Texans.

Worse still imagine Carr coming in here and runs 50 yards for the game winning td and yells 'this is my house of worship!!!'

Pollardized
09-30-2013, 09:34 PM
David Carr thinks Matt Schaub sucks... :kitten:

Txn_in_Oki
10-01-2013, 06:32 AM
Only difference between Matt Schaub and David Carr?

One Super Bowl ring.

Ugh.

Texan_Bill
10-01-2013, 07:53 AM
http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/350x-1313.jpg?w=250

He's like Freddie Mercury with a football.

Meaning that he plays football as well as Freddie Mercury. :kitten:

:spit:

PapaL
10-01-2013, 08:00 AM
Only difference between Matt Schaub and David Carr?

One Super Bowl ring.

Ugh.

BURN :clap:

Double Barrel
10-01-2013, 11:19 AM
In his 'defense', Carr never threw three pick 6's in a row. :thinking:

HOU-TEX
10-01-2013, 11:42 AM

No, but I bet he's beaned more cheerleaders and cameramen by throwing the ball OB behind the LOS. Ha

DBCooper
10-01-2013, 12:14 PM
No, but I bet he's beaned more cheerleaders and cameramen by throwing the ball OB behind the LOS. Ha

I bet Carr has never got his bean anywhere near a cheerleader.

Double Barrel
10-01-2013, 12:33 PM

Good point. If only Matt Schaub could learn to do that instead of throwing a perfect pass to Richard Sherman!!!

hobie
10-01-2013, 12:57 PM
The NY Giants have not won a game since they let him go......Titans might want to sign him up!!

TheIronDuke
10-01-2013, 12:58 PM
I heard he was sacked three times during the throwing drills in Possum Holler.

Speedy
10-01-2013, 03:48 PM

No, but Peyton Manning and John Elway did.

Texan_Bill
10-01-2013, 03:53 PM

It's difficult to throw from the fetal position! :texanbill:

Double Barrel
10-01-2013, 04:11 PM

They were talking about this on the radio today. Both Elway and Manning won ALL those games.

Do you see the difference? Is it really just stats without perspective?

Garbage time INTs versus game on the line stuff. Sometimes stats are incomplete without context.

********EDIT: researching the Manning thing, and I think the radio dudes were flat out wrong. He did throw three pick 6's in three consecutive games in 2001, but they never won three in a row.

So, I guess Schaub's got that going for him. He tied a Peyton Manning record! :thinking:

Double Barrel
10-01-2013, 04:26 PM
It's difficult to throw from the fetal position! :texanbill:

I missed this the first time. Now that's funny!! :heh:

btw (not directed at TB), I was not actually 'defending' Carr. I was soothing my pain with bitter humor!

:toropalm:

Honoring Earl 34
10-01-2013, 04:34 PM
They were talking about this on the radio today. Both Elway and Manning won ALL those games.

Do you see the difference? Is it really just stats without perspective?

Garbage time INTs versus game on the line stuff. Sometimes stats are incomplete without context.

********EDIT: researching the Manning thing, and I think the radio dudes were flat out wrong. He did throw three pick 6's in three consecutive games in 2001, but they never won three in a row.

So, I guess Schaub's got that going for him. He tied a Peyton Manning record! :thinking:

Does anybody really care about the int if the Texans go down the field the next posssion and score ... nope . Matt would have been at the podium and cracking jokes Kubes would have insisted it was the way theey scripted it . That would have been a defining moment .

Hookem Horns
10-02-2013, 01:35 AM
The NY Giants have not won a game since they let him go......Titans might want to sign him up!!

All he does is not lose?

thunderkyss
10-02-2013, 02:43 AM
Does anybody really care about the int if the Texans go down the field the next posssion and score ... nope . Matt would have been at the podium and cracking jokes Kubes would have insisted it was the way theey scripted it .

Agreed. Ws, that's all that matters.

That would have been a defining moment .

I don't know about that. We've had several "defining moments" that were very similar.

The defining moment would have been to throw for a third TD after Lynch fumbled the ball. That would have been a Kobe Bryant, Black Mamba, cold blooded, dagger in the heart moment that neither Schaub or Kubiak is known for.

HoustonFrog
10-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Now the Colts need to sign Rosencopter as a backup to Luck and the circle will be complete.

Malloy
10-05-2013, 03:27 AM

That would probably be the straw... I would stop watching football alltogether...

thunderkyss
10-05-2013, 06:50 AM
So, did he get the job?

Honoring Earl 34
10-05-2013, 08:57 AM
So, did he get the job?

Well the first thing you know ol Dave's a millionaire , kin folk say move away from here , Nashville is the place you ought to be , so they loaded up the truck to head for Tennessee . Stills that is , black olds , country stars . :cow:

CloakNNNdagger
10-05-2013, 04:34 PM
So, did he get the job?

With the news that Locker would supposedly not miss extensive time (that is to be seen) or the remainder of the season, Tennessee said that they would just bring up Rusty Smith from the practice squad. Smith was on the active roster the past three years as the No. 3 quarterback, but was let go in the cutdown to 53 and brought back to the practice squad. So now..........He's baaaack!

Double Barrel
10-07-2013, 02:31 PM

ummmmm....you were saying?.... :whistle:

Speedy
10-07-2013, 05:42 PM
ummmmm....you were saying?.... :whistle:

I guess I'm saying I'm done defending a guy who isn't showing it on the field any more. Dude hasn't been the same since he got kicked in the junk last Thanksgiving.

Double Barrel
10-07-2013, 05:45 PM
I guess I'm saying I'm done defending a guy who isn't showing it on the field any more. Dude hasn't been the same since he got kicked in the junk last Thanksgiving.

yeah, I feel the same. I'm just having fun, because I might cry otherwise. This season was going to be our Super Bowl run in my mind. Man, I'm delusional sometimes.

Doppelganger
10-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Facing Gabbert and Carr 4x a year sounds awesome. Somebody make this happen. #selfsackingqb's

I don't know. Carr has always managed to make Htown look bad. Watch him miraculously throw for 300 and 4 tds against Htown :wadepalm:

burro
10-13-2013, 10:04 PM
I don't know. Carr has always managed to make Htown look bad. Watch him miraculously throw for 300 and 4 tds against Htown :wadepalm:

Have things really gotten so bad that we are entertaining the idea of David Carr lighting up our D when in 11 years he's been unable to do so against any D?

Carr sucks hard and at any rate, we are lucky to have those years behind us.

Rey
10-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Have things really gotten so bad that we are entertaining the idea of David Carr lighting up our D when in 11 years he's been unable to do so against any D?

Carr sucks hard and at any rate, we are lucky to have those years behind us.

Yes we are.

Too bad we haven't actually accomplished much since he's been gone.