PDA

View Full Version : Where the game was lost

mridge01
09-30-2013, 10:34 AM
It wasn't the Schaub pick 6, it wasn't the 98 yard drive (113 with penalties), or even the "game winning" fg. It was after Cushing destroyed Lynch and caused the fumble and Kubiak went into Kubiak mode and settled for 3. Right then and there the Seahawks knew they would be in this game as long as the :kitten: coach was on our sideline. Effing get the ball to #80 when your that close! Who the f is going to keep him from catching it. Better yet, put #99 in at TE and let him figure it out. This BS ***** footing around when the foot is on the throat is what loses games. As long as Kubiak is coach this team will never win at a high level.

Mr teX
09-30-2013, 10:40 AM
Low key Schaub hate thread # 567565678654. Not that i have a problem with those of you wanting to curb stomp Schaub right now....

JCTexan
09-30-2013, 10:46 AM
It was after Cushing destroyed Lynch and caused the fumble and Kubiak went into Kubiak mode and settled for 3. Right then and there the Seahawks knew they would be in this game as long as the :kitten: coach was on our sideline. Effing get the ball to #80 when your that close! Who the f is going to keep him from catching it.

Was that the drive Schaub missed a wide open AJ in the endzone?

Double Barrel
09-30-2013, 10:48 AM
I gotta' disagree with the premise of the thread. The pick 6 lost the game. Up a TD with 3:00 left in the game is pretty much a no brainer for better coaches and QBs. Horrible playcalling at that point and even worse execution.

Dread-Head
09-30-2013, 10:49 AM
:thinking: Schaub suited up?

HOU-TEX
09-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Nope, it was the pick 6. We could've gone in Kubiak conservative mode and won that game. The defense was playing well. Arian was running decent in that series. Keep feeding him instead of putting the ball in Schaubiak's hands

And for the love of Pete, why can't our QB read a NB blitz during pre-snap reads. It was obvious!!

Norg
09-30-2013, 10:50 AM
the drive before the pix sixes

we threw the ball 3 straight times and went 3 and out we didn't even run why I don't know we could of killed most of the time if we just got 2 first downs

the drive after that we finally ran the ball cus it was so obvs at that point but on

3 and 4 after we ran it 2 times before that we decided to do a little bootleg and leave one defender un blocked

thunderkyss
09-30-2013, 11:45 AM
Low key Schaub hate thread....

I'm not a Schaub hater. I really, really try not to be.

But we lost this game when the Seahawks dangled their jugular right in front of us, we took one half ass swipe at it..... they pulled it back & laughed all the way to victory.

They exposed their jugular when Cush caused Lynch to fumble & we got the ball on their 19.

We feigned a swipe at it with that half ass route Andre ran on the first play.

They pulled it back when they held us to a field goal.

They laughed all the way to victory... with that pick 6 & the 98+ yard TD scoring drive in the 4th.

thunderkyss
09-30-2013, 11:50 AM
I gotta' disagree with the premise of the thread. The pick 6 lost the game. Up a TD with 3:00 left in the game is pretty much a no brainer for better coaches and QBs. Horrible playcalling at that point and even worse execution.

We got the ball with 2 minutes left in regulation, but couldn't get into scoring position just like we couldn't since the second TD without help from the defense. That's from the 6 minute mark of the second qtr, the entire 3rd qtr, the 4th qtr, & two OT possessions.

Mr teX
09-30-2013, 11:52 AM
I'm not a Schaub hater. I really, really try not to be.

But we lost this game when the Seahawks dangled their jugular right in front of us, we took one half ass swipe at it..... they pulled it back & laughed all the way to victory.

They exposed their jugular when Cush caused Lynch to fumble & we got the ball on their 19.

We feigned a swipe at it with that half ass route Andre ran on the first play.

They pulled it back when they held us to a field goal.

They laughed all the way to victory... with that pick 6 & the 98+ yard TD scoring drive in the 4th.

I hear you....i only wrote what i did b/c the title of thread is kinda like "really?". There were lots of key plays that had an impact on the game............but ultimately everyone knows where the game was mostly lost at...

This thread and its title is a borderline troll move.

jaayteetx
09-30-2013, 02:09 PM
:thinking: Schaub suited up?

This^^^^

mridge01
09-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Nope, it was the pick 6. We could've gone in Kubiak conservative mode and won that game. The defense was playing well. Arian was running decent in that series. Keep feeding him instead of putting the ball in Schaubiak's hands
And for the love of Pete, why can't our QB read a NB blitz during pre-snap reads. It was obvious!!

I do agree with this, but if the Texans go up 21-3 after Cushing's fumble blow on Lynch, the game is over.

For the record, this was NOT a Schaub hate thread. It was a Kubiak sucks thread.

WolverineFan
09-30-2013, 02:28 PM
Kubiak tried his best to give the game away, but what lost the game was the Schaub pick-six. Really no debate about that.

mridge01
09-30-2013, 02:30 PM
Kubiak tried his best to give the game away, but what lost the game was the Schaub pick-six. Really no debate about that.

Kubiak radioed in that POS play into the huddle. Stupid play call when a simple handoff to #23 would have been sufficient.

JCTexan
09-30-2013, 02:33 PM

Kubiak tried to give the game away? Was he the one who fumbled to give Seattle 3 points or the one who threw away 7 more? Or maybe it was him who gave up the 98 yard drive in the 4th? I see nothing Kubiak did, outside of maybe trusting his QB to throw a simple pass pay, to lose this game.

dream_team
09-30-2013, 02:43 PM
I actually thought Kubiak was more aggressive than usual. Come on, admit it, on the pick 6 play, you thought they were going to hand the ball off and let the defense win the game. You thought it, everyone in the stands thought it. But Kubiak made the aggressive playcall and tried to win it right there. So in this instance, you can see being aggressive isn't always the best idea.

If we just ran the ball, didn't convert, then the Seahawks would have had like 2 mins, 0 timeouts, to march the field for a TD. That's the usual Kubiak, conservative call.

Dread-Head
09-30-2013, 03:13 PM
The defense should have beaten the dog ISHT out of Wilson when he started running. A QB's place is IN THE POCKET. When a QB leaves the pocket he is saying:

"Hi I'm a REAL football player. Please hurt me."

When that same QB crosses the line of scrimmage he's saying:

"F-YOU defensive unit. You are a small cute cluster of kittens of whom I have NO fear. There isn't anything which you could possibly do to me."

Sorry if I'm part of a defensive unit and a QB said that to me I would sacrifice a game check and do my best to break every last one of his damned ribs. Everything on MY side of the ball belongs to me. You want an inch of this field you'll pay for it dearly.

Mr teX
09-30-2013, 03:14 PM
I actually thought Kubiak was more aggressive than usual. Come on, admit it, on the pick 6 play, you thought they were going to hand the ball off and let the defense win the game. You thought it, everyone in the stands thought it. But Kubiak made the aggressive playcall and tried to win it right there. So in this instance, you can see being aggressive isn't always the best idea.

If we just ran the ball, didn't convert, then the Seahawks would have had like 2 mins, 0 timeouts, to march the field for a TD. That's the usual Kubiak, conservative call.

wholeheartedly agree...

Dread-Head
09-30-2013, 03:16 PM

I was thinking "Why does Schaub have a vuggin' JOB!?!?!?!!!"

jaayteetx
09-30-2013, 03:27 PM

I don't have as much of a problem with the play call as I do with the actual throw, piss poor decision on Matts's part and its what you would expect out of a rookie in his first NFL game, not a veteran starter in this league.

IlliniJen
09-30-2013, 03:31 PM
The defense should have beaten the dog ISHT out of Wilson when he started running. A QB's place is IN THE POCKET. When a QB leaves the pocket he is saying:

"Hi I'm a REAL football player. Please hurt me."

When that same QB crosses the line of scrimmage he's saying:

"F-YOU defensive unit. You are a small cute cluster of kittens of whom I have NO fear. There isn't anything which you could possibly do to me."

Sorry if I'm part of a defensive unit and a QB said that to me I would sacrifice a game check and do my best to break every last one of his damned ribs. Everything on MY side of the ball belongs to me. You want an inch of this field you'll pay for it dearly.

Perhaps you missed the part where the defense could only flush Wilson out of the pocket, but took bad angles and couldn't catch him. When Wilson scrambled, he left the DL and LBs in the dust 10 yards behind him, and they were still trying to figure out which way the guy went. Mobile QBs are dangerous, and since we don't have one to practice against, we'll get burned by them.

Trying to hurt the guy isn't the answer. There's a difference between playing aggressive and playing dirty. While we sometimes lack the aggressive play, the dirty play is just not the way to go.

dream_team
09-30-2013, 03:49 PM
I don't have as much of a problem with the play call as I do with the actual throw, piss poor decision on Matts's part and its what you would expect out of a rookie in his first NFL game, not a veteran starter in this league.

I totally agree. I actually liked the playcall. It caught me by surprise. I think it caught everyone by surprise except for the Seahawks. Schaub has to know, in that situation, just eat the sack. I know a lot of fans hate it when Schaub eats sacks, but that's exactly what that play called for.

disaacks3
09-30-2013, 04:00 PM
Where was the game lost?
Link (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/drivechart?gameId=330929034)

2nd Half / OT- Seahawks
15:00 3 02:24 SEA 25 3 -2 Punt
08:17 3 03:15 SEA 20 6 19 Punt
04:19 3 00:25 HOU 21 4 0 Field Goal
00:11 3 07:28 SEA 2 14 98 Touchdown
06:05 4 00:52 HOU 47 3 2 Intercepted Pass
00:20 4 00:20 SEA 11 1 -1 End of Half
12:27 OT 01:49 SEA 20 4 33 Punt
06:46 OT 03:27 SEA 31 8 42 Field Goal

2nd Half / OT - Texans
12:25 3 03:57 HOU 13 7 40 Punt
05:02 3 00:43 HOU 17 2 4 Fumble
03:54 3 03:33 HOU 20 6 29 Punt
07:43 4 00:44 HOU 20 3 -3 Punt
05:13 4 02:33 HOU 43 5 17 Intercepted Pass
02:40 4 02:12 HOU 20 7 37 Punt
15:00 OT 02:24 HOU 20 5 20 Punt
10:30 OT 03:28 HOU 13 7 27 Punt

6 punts and two turnovers? No real mystery to be solved here. The offense went in a shell and gave the game away. Schaub's turnover no more decided the game than did Tate's fumble.

HOU-TEX
09-30-2013, 04:01 PM
I totally agree. I actually liked the playcall. It caught me by surprise. I think it caught everyone by surprise except for the Seahawks. Schaub has to know, in that situation, just eat the sack. I know a lot of fans hate it when Schaub eats sacks, but that's exactly what that play called for.

He should've been able to read the blitz during pre-snap reads. Call a TO since he apparently wasn't allowed to audible. Just dumb on the coach and QB

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 23m
Kubiak says Schaub did not have the ability to audible out of the pick six play

JCTexan
09-30-2013, 04:51 PM
He should've been able to read the blitz during pre-snap reads. Call a TO since he apparently wasn't allowed to audible. Just dumb on the coach and QB

Wtf? Schaub couldn't audible to a running play if he noticed a blitz? Somehow I call bs on Kubiak here. I would bet Kubiak is just trying to take heat off his QB with this comment.

infantrycak
09-30-2013, 04:55 PM
Wtf? Schaub couldn't audible to a running play if he noticed a blitz? Somehow I call bs on Kubiak here. I would bet Kubiak is just trying to take heat off his QB with this comment.

Kubiak made no such comment.

HOU-TEX
09-30-2013, 05:07 PM
Kubiak made no such comment.

Several reporters tweeted the same thing. Why would they lie?

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 17m
Kubiak says Schaub couldn't audible out of "very, very poor play"

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 1h
Kubiak says Schaub did not have the ability to audible out of the pick six play

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 1h
on pick 6 play Schaub didn't have the ability to audible out of it according to Kubiak

infantrycak
09-30-2013, 05:24 PM

Just saw it.

toronto
09-30-2013, 05:38 PM

This is just utter hilarity. How do you NOT give a veteran QB the ability to audible on any given play? Serious?

klockWork
09-30-2013, 05:50 PM
We lost the game on Schaub first int in the red zone. Seattle only rush 2 and dropped everyone back to cover a short zone. And yet Schaub rush a throw like it was an all out blitz and he threw it into that short crowded zone where it was tip right into Seattle hands.

When the defense is only rushing 3 or less it's critical for a QB to remain patient in the pocket and survey the whole field as he will usually have time to throw when the defense trades pass rush for extra secondary coverage. Schaub should have grab a chair and sat in the pocket and took his sweet time to find an open receiver cuz Seattle only sent TWO rushers!

Folks here like to thrashed Schaub weak arm and mobility. But his biggest downfall have always been his lack of pocket-precense and foot placement.

Playoffs
09-30-2013, 06:53 PM
Tim Hasselbeck on Mike & Mike in the Morning today had a broader take on what happened in the loss and what were the critical mistakes the Texans made.

He explains very clearly how the play call & formation contributed to Schaub's failure. And he rightfully calls out AJ & Nuk & KJ, too.

Worth a listen, starts at ~2 minutes: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9747772&ex_cid=espnapi_public

Tailgate
09-30-2013, 07:44 PM
Its quite simple. We could not afford to lose the turnover battle AGAIN, especially against that team. We did. We lost.

Premier
09-30-2013, 07:53 PM
I actually thought Kubiak was more aggressive than usual. Come on, admit it, on the pick 6 play, you thought they were going to hand the ball off and let the defense win the game.

ummm. i can recall off my head a few times there was a need for a 3rd down conversion to ice a game and they converted passing. denver last year, bengals in the playoffs, there has to be more i just cant remember. i was expecting a short slant/curl to od or dre.. not a rollout and a throw that reeked of "FXCK IT!!" thats what it looked like when schaub let it go as if he was like "FXCK IT!!!" into coverage where the db had a beat on it as he loaded up..

DocBar
09-30-2013, 07:56 PM
Tim Hasselbeck on Mike & Mike in the Morning today had a broader take on what happened in the loss and what were the critical mistakes the Texans made.

He explains very clearly how the play call & formation contributed to Schaub's failure. And he rightfully calls out AJ & Nuk & KJ, too.

Worth a listen, starts at ~2 minutes: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9747772&ex_cid=espnapi_publicREP. Very well worth the listen.

bOODRO87
09-30-2013, 08:10 PM
This is just utter hilarity. How do you NOT give a veteran QB the ability to audible on any given play? Serious?

This. This right here is a huge HELLO as to why we will not get anywhere far in the playoffs. That's a loser's mentality right there.

Sad and pathetic.

Mr teX
09-30-2013, 08:15 PM

Worth a listen, starts at ~2 minutes: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9747772&ex_cid=espnapi_public

Good **** bro....this combined with kubiak confirming that Schaub had no aubidle privledges seals the deal for me with kubiak.....

thunderkyss
09-30-2013, 08:54 PM

I agree with the whole thing...

PHILLYTEXANFAN
09-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Game was lost when Gary took his foot off the gas and go 5 mph under the speed limit

thunderkyss
10-01-2013, 06:59 AM
Game was lost when Gary took his foot off the gas and go 5 mph under the speed limit

When did this happen?

If anything, he got away from his turtle tendencies. 18 passes to 13 runs in the second half.

1st possession; 4 runs, 4 passes.... the runs were working well, the last 4 snaps of the possession were sack, run for -2, incomplete, punt

2nd possession; 2 runs... the last was the fumble

3rd possession; 4 passes, 2 runs; last 4... run for -2, incomplete, incomplete, punt

4th possession; 3 passes... incomplete, sack -9, complete 6yards when we needed 17

5th possession; 4 runs, 1 pass; last 4 snaps were Foster for 5, Foster for 5, Foster for 1, pick 6

6th possession; sacked -10, Hopkins for 16, incomplete, punt

PHILLYTEXANFAN
10-01-2013, 07:09 AM
My bad Thunder, force of habit, lol. Espn gamecast stinks, i was working and when i refreshed it would say 3 yd run, 1 yd run etc

dream_team
10-01-2013, 07:11 AM
When did this happen?

If anything, he got away from his turtle tendencies. 18 passes to 13 runs in the second half.

1st possession; 4 runs, 4 passes.... the runs were working well, the last 4 snaps of the possession were sack, run for -2, incomplete, punt

3rd possession; 4 passes, 2 runs; last 4... run for -2, incomplete, incomplete, punt

4th possession; 3 passes... incomplete, sack -9, complete 6yards when we needed 17

5th possession; 4 runs, 1 pass; last 4 snaps were Foster for 5, Foster for 5, Foster for 1, pick 6

I agree, I didn't see Kubiak taking his foot off the pedal. I saw him call the 2nd half just as aggressive as the first half. The Problem? Seahawks made adjustments, but Texans didn't anticipate those adjustments well. In fact, I think if Kubiak did go into turtle mode, we would have won that game.

Tailgate
10-01-2013, 07:13 AM
When did this happen?

THIS. And you know whats funny? I can easily see Reliant booing Kubiak if he ran conservatively instead like he was supposed to on that pick six play. Seriously. Our fans are that dumb.

cstyle42
10-01-2013, 07:57 AM
THIS. And you know whats funny? I can easily see Reliant booing Kubiak if he ran conservatively instead like he was supposed to on that pick six play. Seriously. Our fans are that dumb.

Our fans are waking up to the bs that's happening in this organization. If we win the any fans will be happy at the end of the day.

deucetx
10-01-2013, 08:15 AM
Let's shift from the conservative talk because I honestly don't think Kubiak was in this game. Not to the point of costing us the game. Instead what about being predictable? As I heard on Mike & Mike this morning, they stated that some around the league feel we are predictable in our playcalling. Richard Sherman also stated he knew the ball was coming based on the formation and that they already practiced against it.

So are we that predictable? Does the answer why on some of these passes that Matt is going color blind that the receivers have a blanket around them? Or maybe this answers why a team that amounts so many yards ends up field goals or these stretches where we can't even get in the endzone. Second half against the Hawks nothing to speak for. Ravens nothing to speak for. Last quarter of the schedule last year for a good 6 quarters, nothing to speak for.

Does any think we're predictable?

thunderkyss
10-01-2013, 08:56 AM
Our fans are waking up to the bs that's happening in this organization. If we win the any fans will be happy at the end of the day.

You're one of the ones he's talking about.

Playoffs
10-01-2013, 09:06 AM
So are we that predictable? Does any think we're predictable?

Yes. Seattle knew what was coming on that play.

HOU-TEX
10-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Yes. Seattle knew what was coming on that play.

Maybe. I don't think it would've mattered if they knew it was coming or not. The ball was floated up for grabs. Their guy broke on it and won it

thunderkyss
10-01-2013, 09:24 AM
Let's shift from the conservative talk because I honestly don't think Kubiak was in this game. Not to the point of costing us the game. Instead what about being predictable? As I heard on Mike & Mike this morning, they stated that some around the league feel we are predictable in our playcalling. Richard Sherman also stated he knew the ball was coming based on the formation and that they already practiced against it.

I was one surprised mutrfcher when I saw Schaub try that boot. They'd been playing very conservative on the backside all game long. We should have known it wasn't going to be there.

That 4th & 2 screen against Baltimore.... threw me for a loop as well.

& it took Seattle 2 & a half qtrs to figure out how predictable we were.

I think we should start a pool to see who will be the next team to score 2 TDs in a game against Seattle.

dream_team
10-01-2013, 10:37 AM

So are we that predictable? Does the answer why on some of these passes that Matt is going color blind that the receivers have a blanket around them? Or maybe this answers why a team that amounts so many yards ends up field goals or these stretches where we can't even get in the endzone. Second half against the Hawks nothing to speak for. Ravens nothing to speak for. Last quarter of the schedule last year for a good 6 quarters, nothing to speak for.

That's a fair question... but did you see that boot coming? That surprised the hell out of me. I would have bet $100 it was going to be a handoff to Arian and rely on the defense to win. If our offense is so predictable, then how did we gash the so-called best defense in the NFL for 476 yards?

If it wasn't for the Tate fumble, I think we win this game 23-10. Everyone would be talking about how good our offense is because the leagues best defense couldn't stop it.

thunderkyss
10-01-2013, 11:11 AM
If it wasn't for the Tate fumble, I think we win this game 23-10. Everyone would be talking about how good our offense is because the leagues best defense couldn't stop it.

We didn't cross the 50 on any possession in the second half.... well, the only time we crossed the 50 in the second half resulted in a pick 6.

We had two opportunities to put an exclamation point on the Seahawks & settled for field goals on both occasions. The Lynch Fumble... that was the moment for the Texans to prove that they're not the "2 plays away from 0-4" team.

We basically gave that game to the Seahawks from then on.

Not taking anything away from the Seahawks, they played a great game, they made the plays they needed to make. But we didn't best that defense when they showed up & we didn't stop that offense when they showed up.

If not for Jet Lag, we probably wouldn't have been in that game at all.

Hervoyel
10-01-2013, 04:04 PM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/CropperCapture335_zps14a69b96.jpg

HOU-TEX
10-01-2013, 04:20 PM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/CropperCapture335_zps14a69b96.jpg

Very nice

disaacks3
10-01-2013, 05:05 PM
When did this happen?

Great stats, but missing play breakdown. Link (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201309290htx.htm)

1st drive: Tell me again we didn't come out in a shell? One pass followed by 4 straight runs (interrupted by a sack), followed by two incompletes on 3rd and 15 and 3rd and 10. (You don't get to count a sack as a pass btw.)

2nd drive: 2 runs, second was a fumble.

Sure, we opened it up AFTER the Seahawk FG, but not before.

Flip side: The drive @ 7:43 in the 4th, when you're trying to run clock? Incomplete, sack, complete, punt. Where were the runs to burn clock?

This is game management failure.

hradhak
10-01-2013, 05:24 PM

Our team relies on a lot of misdirection. I once counted the formations we were in and saw that we lined up in very few formations but ran so many different plays from those formations.

We look predictable when our receivers stop getting open and we start dumping passes short of the first down. The Garrett Graham TD was the first time I'd seen Schaub throw to that route. Normally he isn't looking at that route and the guy is usually open. I would LOVE to see Schaub throw that ball a lot more, because it's a deadly play and it opens up a lot of passing lanes.

The real problem is both Schaub and the receivers. You can only continue to create the deception if you actually change up the receivers you throw to. Right now Schaub doesn't do enough of it, and the receivers don't do a good enough job getting open on some routes.

Bulls on Parade
10-01-2013, 05:26 PM
I don't even remember the last time the Texans played good football for a full 60 minutes. They seem to play good in one or two quarters only. That's not going to be good enough to win a Super Bowl.

Nitrofish
10-01-2013, 05:44 PM

If the Texans are that predictable, they would have never been leading 20-3. Every team has tendencies, and coaches practice recognizing and defeating those tendencies. Schaub was carving that team up in the first half. He looked every bit of a SB winning QB. What happened after halftime is another story, but it was like the movie Final Destination to watch. You could just see it coming from Tate fumble, the pick 6, to the Jackson penalty that put the Hawks in position to win the game.

Maybe. I don't think it would've mattered if they knew it was coming or not. The ball was floated up for grabs. Their guy broke on it and won it

Yea he wanted the ball allot more than Daniels did for sure. Surely both Schaub and Daniels knew the blitz was on. You gotta go get that ball, not wait for it. But in the end, Schaub should have taken the sack, punted and let the D hold the lead.

thunderkyss
10-01-2013, 06:31 PM

:spit:

MSR

thunderkyss
10-01-2013, 06:35 PM
I don't even remember the last time the Texans played good football for a full 60 minutes. They seem to play good in one or two quarters only. That's not going to be good enough to win a Super Bowl.

I know the Seahawks didn't last week. Neither did the Ravens the week before, or the Titans before them or the Chargers before them.

I bet the 49ers won't play a full 60 minutes Sunday night.

thunderkyss
10-01-2013, 06:45 PM
If the Texans are that predictable, they would have never been leading 20-3. Every team has tendencies, and coaches practice recognizing and defeating those tendencies. Schaub was carving that team up in the first half.

I remember after thinking, after the second field goal, if we win this game, it will be because of the defense, or it would be because of Arian. As good as Schaub played, that's what we expect from a QB with the kind of talent he had around him. Meyers did his job, OD did his job... we'd think Schaub did his job.

Right or wrong..... whatever.

On the Gary Kubiak show they asked Gary how Schaub was doing & he said fine.... he's tough, comes with the territory. Then they threw that cliche out there, "QBs get to much credit when they win & too much blame when they lose."

I was thinking, "Not in Schaub's case." He rarely get's credit for winning. The thin air got more credit for that win in Denver last year than Schaub did.

Tesuns
10-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Schaub's turnover no more decided the game than did Tate's fumble.

I think that Tate fumble turned the game around majorly. They were coasting up till that point then it became a game.

Tailgate
10-01-2013, 11:43 PM
I think that Tate fumble turned the game around majorly. They were coasting up till that point then it became a game.

Tates fumble was the flint, Cushings injury was the spark, and everyone could smell it.

Norg
10-02-2013, 12:38 PM
it was when Tate fumbled not only was the potential points off the board from our O but we could have wasted like 7 mins off the clock

and that also gave the seahawks 3 points

it could have been 20 to 17 with 1 min two go on the clock :P

my point is there were many plays we LOST HAS A TEAM in all 3 phases pretty much

thunderkyss
10-02-2013, 01:15 PM
it was when Tate fumbled not only was the potential points off the board from our O but we could have wasted like 7 mins off the clock

Did we have a 7 minute drive anywhere near that fumble?

I think we stopped moving the ball after Marshawn Lynch fumbled the football. Seattle's defense woke up & started turning the screws. That fumble was part of it.

We never crossed the 50 since halftime, including OT. Fumble or no, I don't think it was going to happen.

TexansBlood
10-02-2013, 01:33 PM
I believe the crucial moment of the games was in the 4th quarter with 8:25 to play, 4th and 3 on the 7th yard line.

Russel scrambles we almost get him but he manages to get the 1st down and a play later Lynch scores. The score is now 20-13.

That right there gave them a huge momentum and put them back in the game, if we would have stopped them I believe we would have won this game.

Norg
10-02-2013, 07:45 PM
NVM the game was lost when its was like 2 minsleft 3 and 4

and MATT THROWS A PICKKKKKK SIXXXX !!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

ubecool454
10-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Tates fumble was the flint, Cushings injury was the spark, and everyone could smell it.

How was that the flint when we were up 3 scores when he fumbled? All they got out of it was a FG and then we turn right back around and Jonathan Joseph gets an INT. I refuse give Tate any of the blame and give 75% of the blame to Kubiak for benching him and then calling a pass play when common sense said run and if you don't get it kick the ball and play defense. They defense played so well that game that they went from #2 to #1 defense...but I can't tell buy our record.

mridge01
10-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Kubiak tried to give the game away? Was he the one who fumbled to give Seattle 3 points or the one who threw away 7 more? Or maybe it was him who gave up the 98 yard drive in the 4th? I see nothing Kubiak did, outside of maybe trusting his QB to throw a simple pass pay, to lose this game.

A good coach would know the weakness of his QB. He should have known the Seahawks would be coming anticipating a run play. To put his immobile, turtle tendency QB In that position is stupid.
:kubepalm:

mridge01
10-02-2013, 10:36 PM

Yep, and that is all on the coach.

JCTexan
10-02-2013, 11:17 PM
A good coach would know the weakness of his QB. He should have known the Seahawks would be coming anticipating a run play. To put his immobile, turtle tendency QB In that position is stupid.
:kubepalm:

Except the Seahawks were anticipating a pass. 3rd and 4 late in the game, a first down likely wins the game at this point. He put the game in the hands of a guy who has been his starting QB since 2007. Right or wrong I do not fault Kubiak for that. It is what we should expect him to do in that situation. We would still be upset if he decided to run it instead and they didn't get the first down and the Seahawks scored on their next possession. I fault the QB, not the coach, for not taking the sack in that situation.

Nitrofish
10-03-2013, 04:08 AM
Except the Seahawks were anticipating a pass. 3rd and 4 late in the game, a first down likely wins the game at this point. He put the game in the hands of a guy who has been his starting QB since 2007. Right or wrong I do not fault Kubiak for that. It is what we should expect him to do in that situation. We would still be upset if he decided to run it instead and they didn't get the first down and the Seahawks scored on their next possession. I fault the QB, not the coach, for not taking the sack in that situation.

It was a series of bad decisions by the coach and the players that led to that play, and it is unfair to blame one person. I mean why is it that nobody is pointing out that Daniels effort to come up with the ball was weak? The ball was thrown accurately, but Sherman wanted the ball more than Daniels and simply pushed Daniels to the ground to intercept that ball. And for the record, Daniels weighs in at 249lbs and Sherman is listed at 195lbs.

The fact is that some around here would have even complained had the Texans won, so trying to be realistic is futile.

thunderkyss
10-03-2013, 04:23 AM
I mean why is it that nobody is pointing out that Daniels effort to come up with the ball was weak? The ball was thrown accurately, but Sherman wanted the ball more than Daniels and simply pushed Daniels to the ground to intercept that ball. And for the record, Daniels weighs in at 249lbs and Sherman is listed at 195lbs.

I've mentioned it at least twice already. Daniels should not have been knocked out of the way. That was the second time a pass intended for OD was intercepted & returned for a TD. The third time a pass intended for OD was intercepted.

If that were Tom Brady or Peyton Manning..... maybe even Sanchez, the talk would be that the receiver has to help his QB out. Fight for the ball, or knock it down. Owen did neither.

as an aside.... that ball was not thrown accurately. It was thrown well enough for Owen to make a play on the ball..... almost perfectly for Owen & no one else, unless they were to knock Owen out of the way.

ObsiWan
10-03-2013, 07:22 AM

Good find. I don't always agree with Hasselbeck's takes but he nailed it this time.
MSR.

Three chances for other guys to step up and make plays and they failed too. Also the fact the Wilson made the D look a little foolish in the second half (gotta admit, the kid's a baller) but everyone is soooo focused on Schaub/Kubiak bashing that everyone else gets a pass. It's as if they're all perfectly fine with Schaub taking all the heat.

2012Champs
10-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Good find. I don't always agree with Hasselbeck's takes but he nailed it this time.
MSR.

Three chances for other guys to step up and make plays and they failed too. Also the fact the Wilson made the D look a little foolish in the second half (gotta admit, the kid's a baller) but everyone is soooo focused on Schaub/Kubiak bashing that everyone else gets a pass. It's as if they're all perfectly fine with Schaub taking all the heat.

I agree. Great take by Tim imo

Uncle Rico
10-03-2013, 09:01 AM
Donkey brained personal fouls late in the game on Sharpton and Jackson sealed the deal for SEA.

ObsiWan
10-03-2013, 09:04 AM
It was a series of bad decisions by the coach and the players that led to that play, and it is unfair to blame one person. I mean why is it that nobody is pointing out that Daniels effort to come up with the ball was weak? The ball was thrown accurately, but Sherman wanted the ball more than Daniels and simply pushed Daniels to the ground to intercept that ball. And for the record, Daniels weighs in at 249lbs and Sherman is listed at 195lbs.

The fact is that some around here would have even complained had the Texans won, so trying to be realistic is futile.

I've mentioned it at least twice already. Daniels should not have been knocked out of the way. That was the second time a pass intended for OD was intercepted & returned for a TD. The third time a pass intended for OD was intercepted.

If that were Tom Brady or Peyton Manning..... maybe even Sanchez, the talk would be that the receiver has to help his QB out. Fight for the ball, or knock it down. Owen did neither.

as an aside.... that ball was not thrown accurately. It was thrown well enough for Owen to make a play on the ball..... almost perfectly for Owen & no one else, unless they were to knock Owen out of the way.

I hear you.
Folks like to wonder aloud why Schaub never throws one up to let AJ or OD make a play - "they're pro bowl receivers, they'll make the play. Why won't he throw it up and give them a chance". Well Schaub did. And you see what happened.

I'm not absolving Schaub from any blame. He should know his TE was too weak to make that play in traffic and not thrown it. But he's not the only one at fault on that play.

thunderkyss
10-03-2013, 09:48 AM
I mean why is it that nobody is pointing out that Daniels effort to come up with the ball was weak?

Agree completely.

Schaub screwed up. No doubt about it. I'm not making any excuses for him & I'm not saying the criticism of him should be any less than it has been.

But

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/Pick6_zpsc6a606db.png

That ball was thrown from their right. It had to get past OD to get into Sherman's hands. Owen could have put forth a little more effort to getting that ball than he did.

Playoffs
10-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Blame goes well beyond Schaub for Sunday’s loss (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/03/blame-goes-well-beyond-schaub-for-sundays-loss/)
Still, the Seahawks never should have been in position to tie the game with one score in the closing minutes of regulation.

As explained during Wednesday’s PFT Live, plenty of other cooks had a spoon in this ultimately rancid vat of six-bean chili...

deucetx
10-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Agree completely.

Schaub screwed up. No doubt about it. I'm not making any excuses for him & I'm not saying the criticism of him should be any less than it has been.

But

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/Pick6_zpsc6a606db.png

That ball was thrown from their right. It had to get past OD to get into Sherman's hands. Owen could have put forth a little more effort to getting that ball than he did.

I've seen that play more times than I can count and this is as bad as when Texansmike thought OD was responsible for not stopping the Ravens one and that was proven incorrect. On that play, Daniels shifts his direction and moves to his left to get the pass. He attempts to do this. Not sure what more you expect him to do. He is not that athletic and sure as hell not as athletic as Sherman who sat on the route and waited because he knew that pass was coming.

Meanwhile Daniels obviously was caught off guard by the location of the ball and tried to adjust with the limited ability he has even trying to go forward to the ball. Daniels does try making a play for the ball coming up 3 yards from his original location. You have to realize the individual and their capabilities. While Daniels is a good receiving tight end he is not overly athletic after all these injuries and not moving faster than a defensive back sitting on a route. If you underthrow a floating pass where there is a tight end and a corner racing to the ball then most times in that situation the corner is getting the ball. Daniels has to adjust to get to it where as Sherman did not. He just had to come up and attack the ball. He was in a much better situation to touch that ball first than Daniels.

Plain and simple it was an excellent defensive play by Sherman. Only way it would have been avoided is Schaub throwing it away or just taking the sack (which he should have done).

DX-TEX
10-03-2013, 10:27 AM
"Re: Where the game was lost"

---on the scoreboard?

/thread

thunderkyss
10-03-2013, 11:19 AM
I've seen that play more times than I can count and this is as bad as when Texansmike thought OD was responsible for not stopping the Ravens one and that was proven incorrect. On that play, Daniels shifts his direction and moves to his left to get the pass. He attempts to do this. Not sure what more you expect him to do. He is not that athletic and sure as hell not as athletic as Sherman who sat on the route and waited because he knew that pass was coming.

Meanwhile Daniels obviously was caught off guard by the location of the ball and tried to adjust with the limited ability he has even trying to go forward to the ball. Daniels does try making a play for the ball coming up 3 yards from his original location. You have to realize the individual and their capabilities. While Daniels is a good receiving tight end he is not overly athletic after all these injuries and not moving faster than a defensive back sitting on a route. If you underthrow a floating pass where there is a tight end and a corner racing to the ball then most times in that situation the corner is getting the ball. Daniels has to adjust to get to it where as Sherman did not. He just had to come up and attack the ball. He was in a much better situation to touch that ball first than Daniels.

Plain and simple it was an excellent defensive play by Sherman. Only way it would have been avoided is Schaub throwing it away or just taking the sack (which he should have done).

Excellent play by Sherman, no doubt. But he is squatting on the route, behind OD.... at least 2 yards (I want to say 3, but I'm not positive). They are both expecting the throw, neither are expecting it to be short, & Owen has a 2 yard head-start. Sherman is a big corner, but Owen ain't no cream puff. If he gets a hand on that ball (because Sherman is still behind him in this picture, Matt is throwing from their right) Sherman has no play.

Anytime someone is disecting a ply like this, when they're not trying to hate on the QB, they'll say, "The receiver can't wait for the ball to get to him, he has to help his QB." Owen has been in the league since 2006, he should know better than waiting on the ball like he did on the first interception of this game.

Both are still Matt's fault, I'm not taking any blame away from him. Just saying OD could have helped him out.... but didn't.

powda
10-03-2013, 11:29 AM
Excellent play by Sherman, no doubt. But he is squatting on the route, behind OD.... at least 2 yards (I want to say 3, but I'm not positive). They are both expecting the throw, neither are expecting it to be short, & Owen has a 2 yard head-start. Sherman is a big corner, but Owen ain't no cream puff. If he gets a hand on that ball (because Sherman is still behind him in this picture, Matt is throwing from their right) Sherman has no play.

Anytime someone is disecting a ply like this, when they're not trying to hate on the QB, they'll say, "The receiver can't wait for the ball to get to him, he has to help his QB." Owen has been in the league since 2006, he should know better than waiting on the ball like he did on the first interception of this game.

Both are still Matt's fault, I'm not taking any blame away from him. Just saying OD could have helped him out.... but didn't.

As long as OD knows Sherm is that close and that they'll both be fighting for the ball I agree completly. Is it obvious in the replay OD knows Sherman is that tight?