PDA

View Full Version : W-L the rest of the way

eriadoc
09-30-2013, 12:54 AM
Just one question - would you be surprised at a loss in Game XYZ?

@49ers: would anyone really be surprised by a loss?

Rams: should be a win. I'd be surprised if they lose.

@Chiefs: If this was played in Reliant, I think I'd feel a lot more comfortable saying win. Since it's in Arrowhead, and the Chiefs seem to have a handle on playing solid ball now, I wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

Colts: Colts went out to SF and punked the 49ers and have been playing well altogether. Wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

@Cards: I'd be surprised by a loss.

Raiders: I'd be surprised by a loss.

Jags: They better damn well not lose.

Patriots: Wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

@Jags: They better damn well not lose.

@Colts: Wouldn't be surprised by a loss, especially since it's in Indy, and the Texans never win there, even when Dan Outofboundski is QB.

Broncos: wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

@Tacks: wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

So I guess that means I won't be surprised if they finish up 7-9. Not predicting that, but it's a different way of looking at it, no?

ThaShark316
09-30-2013, 01:03 AM

@Chiefs: If this was played in Reliant, I think I'd feel a lot more comfortable saying win. Since it's in Arrowhead, and the Chiefs seem to have a handle on playing solid ball now, I wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

Colts: Colts went out to SF and punked the 49ers and have been playing well altogether. Wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

@Cards: I'd be surprised by a loss.

Raiders: I'd be surprised by a loss.

Jags: They better damn well not lose.

Patriots: Wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

@Jags: They better damn well not lose.

@Colts: Wouldn't be surprised by a loss, especially since it's in Indy, and the Texans never win there, even when Dan Outofboundski is QB.

Broncos: wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

@Tacks: wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

So I guess that means I won't be surprised if they finish up 7-9. Not predicting that, but it's a different way of looking at it, no?

The hell kind of "W-L the rest of the way" thread is this, my brother?

eriadoc
09-30-2013, 01:08 AM
The hell kind of "W-L the rest of the way" thread is this, my brother?

Idle speculation meant to amuse someone, just like 99.99% of the content on this board.

Seegara
09-30-2013, 01:22 AM
@49ers: loss
Rams: win
@Chiefs: loss
Colts: loss
@Cards: win
Raiders: win
Jags: win of course
Patriots: loss
@Jags: win
@Colts: loss
Broncos: loss.
@Tacks: pick 'em

Vinny
09-30-2013, 01:33 AM
Just for trivia's sake...the last time a Houston NFL team won at Indy was 21 years ago in September 13, 1992.
(http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199209130clt.htm) The good news was that Warren Moon was 29 for 39 w/361 yards and 2 TD's. Great stats plus a win. Everyone happy that day.

ThaShark316
09-30-2013, 01:34 AM
@49ers: 2-3
Rams: 3-3
@Chiefs: 3-4
Colts: 4-4
@Cards: 5-4
Raiders: 6-4
Jags: 7-4
Patriots: 7-5
@Jags: 8-5
@Colts: 8-6
Broncos: 9-6
@Tacks: 10-6

In my heart of hearts, I know we're going to take one of these tough ones, and give back an easy one. Or get 2 tough ones, give back an easy one.

Bulls on Parade
09-30-2013, 02:21 AM
We have to win Sunday Night's game at San Francisco. That's all we really should be focusing on right now. At 2-2 we need to play better football. It really doesn't matter who the opponent is or if the game is at home or on the road. The Texans have to figure out how to not beat themselves. Until then there is really not much else to say.

EllisUnit
09-30-2013, 02:46 AM
We win out the rest of the season, And you can take that **** straight to the bank

Courtesy of my :koolaid:

thunderkyss
09-30-2013, 07:07 AM

I honestly think it's too early to look too far into the season. I don't want to base what may happen in December based on what we've seen the last 4 weeks. If I had to, I wouldn't be surprised if we're 0-4 in December...

I would be surprised. These guys are talking about character & learning from adversity. a 3 game losing streak is not the kind of thing you put together if you are in fact "learning" from adversity.

It's probably more want to than anything else, but I want the Texans to be 5-2 at the bye week. If we beat San Francisco I'd be surprised if we aren't.

mridge01
09-30-2013, 07:09 AM
@49ers: 2-3
Rams: 3-3
@Chiefs: 3-4
Colts: 4-4
@Cards: 5-4
Raiders: 6-4
Jags: 7-4
Patriots: 7-5
@Jags: 8-5
@Colts: 8-6
Broncos: 9-6
@Tacks: 10-6

In my heart of hearts, I know we're going to take one of these tough ones, and give back an easy one. Or get 2 tough ones, give back an easy one.

I don't think we beat the Titans, especially if they're playing for something. After the game here, they know they should have won. They'll have this game circled on their calendar. I could see them beating the Broncos if they are resting all their starters by then. If not, this team is 8-8 and out of the playoffs.

mridge01
09-30-2013, 07:11 AM
I honestly think it's too early to look too far into the season. I don't want to base what may happen in December based on what we've seen the last 4 weeks. If I had to, I wouldn't be surprised if we're 0-4 in December...

I would be surprised. These guys are talking about character & learning from adversity. a 3 game losing streak is not the kind of thing you put together if you are in fact "learning" from adversity.

It's probably more want to than anything else, but I want the Texans to be 5-2 at the bye week. If we beat San Francisco I'd be surprised if we aren't.

EllisUnit, here's someone drinking your Koolaid!

PapaL
09-30-2013, 07:15 AM
We win out the rest of the season, And you can take that **** straight to the bank

Do they sell what you're on OTC or do I need a hook up? :whoohoo:

Rey
09-30-2013, 07:18 AM
I wouldn't be surprised with 6-10. I think 9-7 is the high mark.

Thorn
09-30-2013, 07:18 AM
Idle speculation meant to amuse someone, just like 99.99% of the content on this board.

LOL. MSR. I'm sure if think about I can come up with more internet letters.

That one sentence says it all. Some folks around here just don't get it. We're fans, posting on an internet message board about our opinions. Nothing more.

In any case, I agree with your listing on games I wouldn't be surprised about if they lose, but I still think the Texans win between 10-12 games this season. What I don't feel confident about any more is winning the AFCS for the 3rd year in a row. I would have bet a paycheck on that happening before yesterday, but not now.

thunderkyss
09-30-2013, 07:19 AM
EllisUnit, here's someone drinking your Koolaid!

If we look totally inept like the Jags, or Philly I'd call it koolaid. We're making mental mistakes... we may have a QB with something in his throat. But there was a lot of good football out there yesterday.

You want to say we can't beat the elite teams, maybe you can count San Francisco an elite team, but we've got some weak little sisters coming up in St. Louis, KC. Those are games we should win.

It's too early to call KC elite, to early to call us out.

thunderkyss
09-30-2013, 07:20 AM
I wouldn't be surprised with 6-10. I think 9-7 is the high mark.

If we win 10+ games it will be a testament to Kubiak. He did it last year, time for him to coach his a55 off.

Rey
09-30-2013, 07:26 AM
If we win 10+ games it will be a testament to Kubiak. He did it last year, time for him to coach his a55 off.

Yes it would...and everyone else.

Because right now I don't think we'll beat many good teams and I see us coughing up one or two we should win.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope they turn this around.

TheIronDuke
09-30-2013, 07:57 AM
I thought they were an 8-8 team before the season started but now I think we're staring another 6-10 in the face. I think that would probably be best for the team in the long run like the last time we finished 6-10. We will probably lose to SF, KC, Indy twice, NE, DEN and TEN.

BigBull17
09-30-2013, 08:17 AM
@49ers: Prime time, 8 throws a pick six and has 5 crumplesacks L

Rams: 8 throws a pick 6, but bradford throws 2 W

@Chiefs: 9 crumplesacks and a pick 6 L

Colts: bounce back after embarassing chiefs loss W

@Cards: ****ty qb play? check. ****ty special teams? check. Patrick Peterson will be the nfc defensive and special teams player of the month L

Raiders: We'll win despite pick 6 W

Jags: whatever W

Patriots: This game will be an ass-kicking of epic proportions. L

@Jags: whatever W

@Colts: This will be an ugly game. Pick six and 8 crumplesacks. L

Broncos: Holliday will celebrate in Reliant and Von Miller will be flossing with 8 labia. L

@Tacks: They clinch wild card berth at home in this game. Embarrassing loss

That would be 7-9. This is what happens when you have a piss poor special teams and a QB who makes terrible decisions. And yet, Bob will say that Gary is my guy, and Gary will say Matt is our leader and we can win with him. Andre goes down as a receiver that never got a chance. We'll go into next year with Marciano at SP teams coordinator and 8 at qb. Welcome back to irrelevancy.

YeaLikeRightNow
09-30-2013, 08:17 AM
I thought they were an 8-8 team before the season started but now I think we're staring another 6-10 in the face. I think that would probably be best for the team in the long run like the last time we finished 6-10. We will probably lose to SF, KC, Indy twice, NE, DEN and TEN.

I have to agree with this.

But....how can anyone envision any more wins with a QB that folds like tissue paper at the "hint" of a tackle.

For some unexplainable reason, Schaub is shell-shocked, and in comparison; at least David Carr took the hits if he wasn't scrambling.

Yesterday
09-30-2013, 09:04 AM
Guys guys guys, relax. We are going to make the playoffs. We will beat the colts at least once (I think we are the better team).

I'm just focused on the next three games. We must win two of three (@SF, vs STL, @KC) before the bye. If we go into the bye 4-3, I will be supremely confident in our playoff odds.

BigBull17
09-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Guys guys guys, relax. We are going to make the playoffs. We will beat the colts at least once (I think we are the better team).

I'm just focused on the next three games. We must win two of three (@SF, vs STL, @KC) before the bye. If we go into the bye 4-3, I will be supremely confident in our playoff odds.

Better team, sure. However, eventually having a ****ty QB who gives away points on a weekly basis will effect them. Also, eventually it wears on the guys trying to constant bail your sorry ass offense out of the fire. So, you can relax, I am starting to see that we have a huge weakness at one of if not the most important position in the game.

Also, give me a Dilfer. Dilfer had no play-making skills, but he didn't do stupid **** like 8. 8 has next to no play-making skills and makes idiotic JV throws. Yikes.

Tailgate
09-30-2013, 09:26 AM
Better team, sure. However, eventually having a ****ty QB who gives away points on a weekly basis will effect them. Also, eventually it wears on the guys trying to constant bail your sorry ass offense out of the fire. So, you can relax, I am starting to see that we have a huge weakness at one of if not the most important position in the game.

Also, give me a Dilfer. Dilfer had no play-making skills, but he didn't do stupid **** like 8. 8 has next to no play-making skills and makes idiotic JV throws. Yikes.

I am ass pissed off as everyone else. I am furious at Schaub. Good news is Duane Brown will come back healthy. I would also like to see Harris move to Right Tackle.

Schaub is who he is, but he is not going to throw a pick six every single week. Its just not going to happen. We may not see one for the rest of the year.

Our Defense is dominant again. And we all know how valuable Cushing is. We lose him, its simply a different defense on the field. He will be back and healthy.

There is still a long season ahead. There is a chance we forget all about this loss 8 weeks from now.

Stinging loss. But this team has no quit. They will fight everyday till the very end. We are not out of the playoffs until we are officially out of the playoffs.

One game at a time people.

ThaShark316
09-30-2013, 09:42 AM
I have to agree with this.

But....how can anyone envision any more wins with a QB that folds like tissue paper at the "hint" of a tackle.

For some unexplainable reason, Schaub is shell-shocked, and in comparison; at least David Carr took the hits if he wasn't scrambling.

Schaub ain't the only QB that does that "Man, **** this...Y'ALL can get hit; I ain't 'bout that life" stuff when a sack is coming.

Understood the point, but still.

BigBull17
09-30-2013, 09:47 AM
I am ass pissed off as everyone else. I am furious at Schaub. Good news is Duane Brown will come back healthy. I would also like to see Harris move to Right Tackle.

Schaub is who he is, but he is not going to throw a pick six every single week. Its just not going to happen. We may not see one for the rest of the year.

Our Defense is dominant again. And we all know how valuable Cushing is. We lose him, its simply a different defense on the field. He will be back and healthy.

There is still a long season ahead. There is a chance we forget all about this loss 8 weeks from now.

Stinging loss. But this team has no quit. They will fight everyday till the very end. We are not out of the playoffs until we are officially out of the playoffs.

One game at a time people.

Point me to a stat that says he wont? 4 in the last 6 games. 4 pick 6's in 6 ********** games.

TheIronDuke
09-30-2013, 09:53 AM
What's sad is our rallying cry around our QB is that he might not throw a pick 6 every week, we hope.

HouTx11
09-30-2013, 09:56 AM
The Texans need to focus on the very next game and never try to overlook anybody (especially Jacksonville, who BTW almost beat the Texans in Reliant last year). I don't see a team left on the schedule that couldn't and hasn't beaten the Texans. It isn't likely I agree, but it is possible for the Texans to lose out from here. And the sad thing is that nobody extremely important has been lost for the season yet.

My heart says that the Texans will turn it around at some point and start winning games again. However, my mind remembers 2010 and knows that it (losing week after week) has happened before.

Tailgate
09-30-2013, 10:06 AM
Point me to a stat that says he wont? 4 in the last 6 games. 4 pick 6's in 6 ********** games.

Its horrendous, I know. Im not making any excuses for the dude. I cant predict the future and sure there is a chance he throws a pick six every single game for the rest of his career. Its just not likely despite these last six games. Maybe his 40 games before this stretch would be a better sample size for pick sixes? Even the worst qbs in the league would have a hard time continuing this recent trend.

Tailgate
09-30-2013, 10:07 AM
What's sad is our rallying cry around our QB is that he might not throw a pick 6 every week, we hope.

Lol

thunderkyss
09-30-2013, 11:10 AM
My heart says that the Texans will turn it around at some point and start winning games again. However, my mind remembers 2010 and knows that it (losing week after week) has happened before.

The worst thing about losing in 2010 was that no one knew what the answer was. We were hopeless & kept doing the same thing week after week & some how found another way to lose.

Several games got down to the last minute with the Texans in the lead & still we managed to lose it.

thunderkyss
09-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Its horrendous, I know. Im not making any excuses for the dude. I cant predict the future and sure there is a chance he throws a pick six every single game for the rest of his career. Its just not likely despite these last six games. Maybe his 40 games before this stretch would be a better sample size for pick sixes? Even the worst qbs in the league would have a hard time continuing this recent trend.

I honestly don't even care about the pick 6. We didn't score... didn't get close to scoring in the third qtr, the 4th qtr, or OT..... plenty of opportunity & the Texans did not rise to the occasion offensively.

Norg
09-30-2013, 11:21 AM

the way u put no WINS on there or just saying they better not or should not is confusing LOL ive never seen someone do this LOL

disaacks3
09-30-2013, 11:28 AM
@49ers: W

Rams: W

@Chiefs: Pick 'Em

Colts: W

@Cards: W

Raiders: W

Jags: W

Patriots: Pick 'Em

@Jags: W

@Colts: W

Broncos: L

@Tacks: Pick 'Em

I figure 8-4 at worst, 11-1 at best

10-6 to 13-3 overall

The team showed it CAN play with the big boys yesterday, and hopefully Kubiak has learned to keep the foot on the gas longer. Schaub is well...pick-a-matic right now. Fix the turnover ratio and the team could be in the AFC championship game.

TheIronDuke
09-30-2013, 11:28 AM
It's really not that hard to read Norg, but I can understand how that might be challenging for you.

Norg
09-30-2013, 11:34 AM
Just for fun I will do the Colts season just to see were are bench mark is cuz locker might miss a few games so yeah titans are done

COLTS

vs Seahawks-LOSS- hawks rock dem boyz

@ SD-LOSS- Rivers is playing good football and SD are hard to beat at home

vs DEN- LOSS- manning beats the breaks off his former team

@HOU- LOSS My goodness this will be our most important game of the year Monday night we better win this game and the fans better be ape **** but u know this will be a WW3 battle since the colts def don't want to lose 4 straight but if there is one thing I know the Texans want 2 do they want to win ""there"" divison again

vs STL-WIN

@ten-LOSS

@ ARZ-LOSS

vs ten-WIN

@cincy-WIN

vs HOU-WIN

@KC-LOSS

vs JAX-LOSS jaxs will be lead by tebow or Qb XYZ or something besides jags always seem to play decent when it does not matter and esp at indy

so we are lookin at a 7-9 season or 8-8 season for dem colts pretty good for only a 2nd year team

so yeah im thinking 10 wins or maybe 9 wins can win this divison ...... yup

also if the Texans really want to make it easy for them selfs they really need to finally win @ indy on paper indy should not beat the Texans but hey we all know about on paper

TheIronDuke
09-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Just for fun I will do the Colts season just to see were are bench mark is cuz locker might miss a few games so yeah titans are done

COLTS

vs Seahawks-LOSS- hawks rock dem boyz

@ SD-LOSS- Rivers is playing good football and SD are hard to beat at home

vs DEN- LOSS- manning beats the breaks off his former team

@HOU- LOSS My goodness this will be our most important game of the year Monday night we better win this game and the fans better be ape **** but u know this will be a WW3 battle since the colts def don't want to lose 4 straight but if there is one thing I know the Texans want 2 do they want to win ""there"" divison again

vs STL-WIN

@ten-LOSS

@ ARZ-LOSS

vs ten-WIN

@cincy-WIN

vs HOU-WIN

@KC-LOSS

vs JAX-LOSS jaxs will be lead by tebow or Qb XYZ or something besides jags always seem to play decent when it does not matter and esp at indy

so we are lookin at a 7-9 season or 8-8 season for dem colts pretty good for only a 2nd year team

so yeah im thinking 10 wins or maybe 9 wins can win this divison ...... yup

also if the Texans really want to make it easy for them selfs they really need to finally win @ indy on paper indy should not beat the Texans but hey we all know about on paper

There you have it folks, upstart expansion Indianapolis is going to lose against Jacksonville, who will be led by Tim Tebow, to wrap up an 8-8 season.

texanhead08
09-30-2013, 12:27 PM
@49ers: Loss

Rams: Win

@Chiefs: Loss

Colts: Win....if they lose this game we might as well go into full tank mode

@Cards: Win

Raiders:Win

Jags: Win

Patriots: Loss

@Jags:Win

@Colts: Loss

Broncos: Loss

@Tacks: Loss

I said 9-7 before the season started, but I thought they would be Baltimore, but now I may be thinking too much of this team to say 8-8.

YeaLikeRightNow
09-30-2013, 12:38 PM
My take:

Colts: Loss

Raiders: Win

@Jags: Loss

7-9 Season

TheIronDuke
09-30-2013, 12:51 PM
My take:

7-9 Season

This would be a 6-10 season, same as I'm thinking we'll end up.

silvrhand
09-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Just for trivia's sake...the last time a Houston NFL team won at Indy was 21 years ago in September 13, 1992.
(http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199209130clt.htm) The good news was that Warren Moon was 29 for 39 w/361 yards and 2 TD's. Great stats plus a win. Everyone happy that day.

Warren Moon would be ridiculous in today's systems..

2012Champs
09-30-2013, 01:00 PM

Well if he has thrown 4 in six games that is the stat that shows he wont do it every game

imatexan
09-30-2013, 02:32 PM
@49ers: Win/Loss

@Chiefs: Win

@Jags: Win

@Colts: Win

@Tacks: Win

11-5 or 10-6 depending on this weeks SF game, we will recover from this tough early schedule and poor QB play. However, is 10-6 enough to win the division over the colts? That I am not sure about.

MistaRed
09-30-2013, 02:47 PM
I think we are gonna win our next 3 To go into the bye week 5-2. Colts, @ Cardinals, Jags, Raiders coming out we should be at least 8-3 going into the patriots game.

bckey
09-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Here is my prediction from a post after the first game.

Week 1- at Chargers W
Week 2- vs Titans W
Week 3 at Ravens L
Week 4 vs Seahawks L
Week 5 at Niners L
Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs L
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts W
Week 10 at Cardinals W
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts L
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans W

It was nice to get a win last night but the Texans were exposed by a mediocre team. I'm seeing 9-7 and maybe even 8-8 because of the nfc west. They were supposed to beat the chargers. I have them going 2-2 against the NFC west but that division got a lot tougher this year and could be 1-3 or even 0-4. The Rams and Cardinals are much improved. The Chiefs are much better this year under Andy Reid. The Texans schedule is a lot tougher than it looked when it first came out. The same schedule last year would have been much easier. Peyton is better and has way more targets and Luck has a year under his belt. The only gimmes I see are the raiders and jags.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2206857#post2206857

Goatcheese
09-30-2013, 07:07 PM
I never fail to be surprised by a loss.

The Texans played some amazing football on Sunday and made the "possibly best team in the NFL" Seahawks look like punks for most of that game. Two self inflicted turn overs are the difference between people being hyped about a huge win and thinking the Texans are garbage.

thunderkyss
09-30-2013, 07:14 PM
I never fail to be surprised by a loss.

The Texans played some amazing football on Sunday and made the "possibly best team in the NFL" Seahawks look like punks for most of that game. Two self inflicted turn overs are the difference between people being hyped about a huge win and thinking the Texans are garbage.

Why are they self inflicted? Why are there only 2? Why can't the Seahawks inflict those turnovers? That first pass to OD, a Seahawk cut in front of him, tipped the ball up.. it landed in another Seahawk's hands.

The second pass to OD, Sherman knocked him out of the way & took that ball from him.

The Tate fumble, he didn't just decide to drop the ball, a Seahawk hit his arm.

DocBar
09-30-2013, 07:24 PM
I just watched Watt's reaction to the loss yesterday. I see us winning out the rest of the season. :swatter:

Seriously though, I think the 49's game will tell the tale of where this season is going to end up. If they can play a solid 4 quarters, win or lose, I'll be much more optimistic than I am right now.

Kubiak is doing everything he can to piss me the hell off but so what. Nothing any of us can do about it. I'm over my mad from yesterday. I'm not going to burn a jersey (unless it's my Mario Williams jersey; not dumb enough to buy a Schaub jersey). I'm gonna pull hard for my team week in and week out.

Maybe this is karma's way of making sure we don't peak too early? :fans:

Trail.Blazr
09-30-2013, 08:03 PM

Paper Tiger

As far as the playoffs go, it won't be by winning the division unless... this may sound familiar: the one team with quality QB goes down, allowing us an open door. So that leaves wild card potential... maybe? I've personally already conceded the Texans likely to miss out on post season play and just as well. They couldn't get past a true contender anyway with Matt. I've been flying my sig for over a year now, understanding that with Matt AND Gary in the fold, championship is not something to entertain as fan.

Week 1- at Chargers W
Week 2- vs Titans W
Week 3 at Ravens L
Week 4 vs Seahawks L
Week 5 at Niners L
Week 6 vs Rams W (I still think this could be a surprise L)
Week 7 at Chiefs L
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts L
Week 10 at Cardinals L
Week 11 vs Raiders L (Terrelle Pryor worries me)
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W (We HAVE to outscore Blackmon-flashback to week 11 2012)
Week 15 at Colts L
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans L

5-11 thank you Jags. We 6-10 if Raiders scare is just that, but even then I still think the Rams are good enough to make a contest of it.

I'll go one more and be a homer by wishing an extra W over the Cards and that puts it at
7-9

Good luck being a 7-9 wild card.

DocBar
09-30-2013, 08:19 PM
Paper Tiger

As far as the playoffs go, it won't be by winning the division unless... this may sound familiar: the one team with quality QB goes down, allowing us an open door. So that leaves wild card potential... maybe? I've personally already conceded the Texans likely to miss out on post season play and just as well. They couldn't get past a true contender anyway with Matt. I've been flying my sig for over a year now, understanding that with Matt AND Gary in the fold, championship is not something to entertain as fan.

Week 1- at Chargers W
Week 2- vs Titans W
Week 3 at Ravens L
Week 4 vs Seahawks L
Week 5 at Niners L
Week 6 vs Rams W (I still think this could be a surprise L)
Week 7 at Chiefs L
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts L
Week 10 at Cardinals L
Week 11 vs Raiders L (Terrelle Pryor worries me)
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W (We HAVE to outscore Blackmon-flashback to week 11 2012)
Week 15 at Colts L
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans L

5-11 thank you Jags. We 6-10 if Raiders scare is just that, but even then I still think the Rams are good enough to make a contest of it.

I'll go one more and be a homer by wishing an extra W over the Cards and that puts it at
7-9

Good luck being a 7-9 wild card.You seriously misjudge our defense. We're 9-7 at worst.

eriadoc
09-30-2013, 08:45 PM
The Texans played some amazing football on Sunday and made the "possibly best team in the NFL" Seahawks look like punks for most of that game.

I never felt that way at all. They did the typical Texans Two Step by racking up a bunch of meaningless yards, but never really putting the game away. I never felt comfortable that they would win.

htownfan32
09-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Best case scenario: 10-6. Could happen if Schaub and the O-line pull their isht together.

My belief? 7-9.

Goatcheese
09-30-2013, 10:41 PM
Why are they self inflicted? Why are there only 2? Why can't the Seahawks inflict those turnovers? That first pass to OD, a Seahawk cut in front of him, tipped the ball up.. it landed in another Seahawk's hands.

The second pass to OD, Sherman knocked him out of the way & took that ball from him.

The Tate fumble, he didn't just decide to drop the ball, a Seahawk hit his arm.

It's not like the Tate fumble was some vicious hit. Tate didn't secure the football and it got punched out. If it was locked up tight, he would not have fumbled. Seattle did nothing with the ball after they got it and only scored 3 because it was inside FG range.

The pick six is something that never should have left Schaub's hand. Lobbing a dying quail off of your back foot into traffic is a self inflicted injury and just a horrible decision.

I never felt that way at all. They did the typical Texans Two Step by racking up a bunch of meaningless yards, but never really putting the game away. I never felt comfortable that they would win.

You must be the most jaded and pessimistic fan in the NFL if you didn't think they were going to win up until the pick 6. The Texans completely dominated the Seahawks on both sides of the ball for most of the game. They managed one good drive on offense and were otherwise borderline inept against a suffocating Texans defense.

DocBar
09-30-2013, 10:46 PM
It's not like the Tate fumble was some vicious hit. Tate didn't secure the football and it got punched out. If it was locked up tight, he would not have fumbled. Seattle did nothing with the ball after they got it and only scored 3 because it was inside FG range.

The pick six is something that never should have left Schaub's hand. Lobbing a dying quail off of your back foot into traffic is a self inflicted injury and just a horrible decision.

You must be the most jaded and pessimistic fan in the NFL if you didn't think they were going to win up until the pick 6. The Texans completely dominated the Seahawks on both sides of the ball for most of the game. They managed one good drive on offense and were otherwise borderline inept against a suffocating Texans defense.Dude, get over the Tate fumble. It sucked, but it came from his blind side and was a helluva defensive play. Tate secured the ball against the guys he could see. He wasn't being careless with the ball.

MEGA SWATT
09-30-2013, 10:46 PM

Ok, so opposite of last yr when we started strong and fizzled. Now we start shaky and then get on a roll and start destroying teams to close out the remaining 75% of the season:bender:

SchaubApologist
09-30-2013, 10:49 PM
If we stick with Schaub:

Week 1- at Chargers W
Week 2- vs Titans W
Week 3 at Ravens L
Week 4 vs Seahawks L
Week 5 at Niners L
Week 6 vs Rams L
Week 7 at Chiefs L
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts L
Week 10 at Cardinals L
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags L
Week 15 at Colts L
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans L

4-12 baby!!!

Nah, but for real:

Week 1- at Chargers W
Week 2- vs Titans W
Week 3 at Ravens L
Week 4 vs Seahawks L
Week 5 at Niners L
Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs W
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts W
Week 10 at Cardinals L (Daryl Washington scares me [must give schaub nightmares])
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts W
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans W

10-6, good enough for a playoff appearance.

eriadoc
09-30-2013, 11:18 PM
Nah, but for real:

Week 1- at Chargers W
Week 2- vs Titans W
Week 3 at Ravens L
Week 4 vs Seahawks L
Week 5 at Niners L
Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs W
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts W
Week 10 at Cardinals L (Daryl Washington scares me [must give schaub nightmares])
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts W
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans W

Sweep the Colts and win in Indy for the first time. Very ambitious. Good for you.

Goatcheese
09-30-2013, 11:18 PM
Dude, get over the Tate fumble. It sucked, but it came from his blind side and was a helluva defensive play. Tate secured the ball against the guys he could see. He wasn't being careless with the ball.

The only excuse for fumbling is when you get hit so hard that you physically can't hold onto the ball. Tate should not have fumbled from that hit. It's 100% his fault, just like throwing the ball up for grabs like a jackass was 100% Schaub's fault.

They're self inflicted injuries. Do your job correctly and they don't happen.

SchaubApologist
09-30-2013, 11:39 PM
Sweep the Colts and win in Indy for the first time. Very ambitious. Good for you.

I worry about Andrew Luck, but I do not fear the Colts.

We better take care of them.

ObsiWan
10-01-2013, 05:25 AM
Warren Moon would be ridiculous in today's systems..
Wait, what?
Ridiculously bad or ridiculously good...??
you didn't specify

Trail.Blazr
10-01-2013, 06:50 AM
You seriously misjudge our defense. We're 9-7 at worst.

Seriously? Truth is the Defense is the best thing the team has going for it so I don't know that I'd go that far. I certainly wouldn't go 9-7. Our relatively healthy team is struggling to beat the pretenders and giving it up to the contenders. Just like last season.

Looking back at the last 10 games, you see a 4-6 record. If you go further, it will take you till thanksgiving where the texans were "gifted" a win to hit .500

During this 10 game history, on average, we've been out scored 27 to 20. I'm not you, but I wouldn't hang my hat on giving up 27 a game.

Now, with that in mind, let's look ahead at the 2013 campaign. Of the teams left to play we have 3 sets of teams I'll catergorize.
- teams that play stupid and have no business winning: Raiders and Jags. 3 wins. It'll be super shameful to lose any of these.
- teams that play smart and are not likely wins based on a combination of location, talent and coaching competency: Niners, Chiefs, Pats, Colts, and Broncos. 6 losses
- teams that are hard to guage at this time: Rams, Cards and Titans. Titans could very well be a tough win in Ten. Rams and Cards are no walk in the park for a paper tiger, but I'll give the Paper Tigers the benefit of doubt and hope for 2 wins, 1 loss.

That's 7-9. I could go all homer and say we'll sweep the Titans, beat the Niners or chiefs in their house, playing like we are. That could put us to 9-7 at BEST. Definitely not Worst. But I won't do that. I've been flying my sig for over a year with the realization of one certainty. With Gary and Matt, world championships will elude the Texans.

One more quick observation. If I wanted to entertain the notion of 9-7, we make it in as a wild card. How far does anyone think the Paper Tiger will make it? So in the end, who cares what the difference is between 7-9 and 9-7.

Runner
10-01-2013, 07:33 AM
Seriously though, I think the 49's game will tell the tale of where this season is going to end up. If they can play a solid 4 quarters, win or lose, I'll be much more optimistic than I am right now.

Texans fans have been saying a version of this for years - the game after a "bad" loss will define the team. At some point, the frequent bad losses identify the team.

I think this is a mediocre organization. 12-4 is the anomaly, bouncing around .500 (+/- 2 games) is more fitting for the team.

thunderkyss
10-01-2013, 08:42 AM
Nah, but for real:

Week 1- at Chargers W
Week 2- vs Titans W
Week 3 at Ravens L
Week 4 vs Seahawks L
Week 5 at Niners L
Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs W
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts W
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts W
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans W

I definitely wanted the win there, losing to Baltimore the week before, the Colts beating San Fran the week before & playing the Jags Sunday, really put pressure on us to win.... I think.

Now, In my mind SF is a must win. 2 games back in the division, behind one team much less two is not a good place to be. Luckily neither Indy(Seattle at home) or Tennessee(KC at home) aren't playing push overs.

With that said, I'd like for the Texans to get some quality wins. SF on Sunday night would qualify. But if the 9ers finish 9-7 or whatever (injuries & rehab & what not) we'll look back & say we dam sure should have won that game.

New England & Denver... there won't be any confidence from even the most die-hard that we'll win those games. But if we win those at home in December, I think we'll be at all time high (fan confidence) going into the post season.

I worry about Andrew Luck, but I do not fear the Colts.

We better take care of them.

& I think that's how they're getting what they're getting. Focus on Luck, lose the game. That's a good team.

Trail.Blazr
10-06-2013, 10:58 PM
You seriously misjudge our defense. We're 9-7 at worst.

Looks like the 49'rs seriously misjudged our defense as well... like I said. 9-7 at best, but I'll still be surprised with anything over 7-9.

A QB that don't get it. A HC that don't get it. A kicker that don't get it.

How anyone can look at the last 10-12 games and think this team is going anywhere soon... I don't get it.

eriadoc
10-06-2013, 11:04 PM
I think we are gonna win our next 3 To go into the bye week 5-2.

Seriously though, I think the 49's game will tell the tale of where this season is going to end up.

Tsk, tsk.

You must be the most jaded and pessimistic fan in the NFL if you didn't think they were going to win up until the pick 6.

If I am, it's because I'm capable of being taught. Pattern recognition and all.

Now, In my mind SF is a must win.

Well ... damn.

Norg
10-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Going into bye

Texans 4-3

Colts 4 -3

winner of the MNF or SNF I forget will get a head start in the Divison race

TEXANS 5-3 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Rey
10-06-2013, 11:23 PM
I need to know what qb we are starting before I think about the results of next game.

If Schaub is the qb I don't think we'll beat the rams.

Yesterday
10-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Guys, we just need to get to the playoffs. If last year's Ravens did it we can do it...we whooped the Ravens in similar fashion last year on national TV.

I hate Schaub as much (probably more) than the next guy. I'm tired of Kubiak's lack of charisma. I'm fed up with Joe Marciano.

But this is our team, and we are still 2-3. We've got games against the Rams, Cardinals, Raiders, Jaguars x2, and Titans remaining.

And I think we will win vs Indy, and at least one of @KC, vs NE, or vs Denver.

I can easily see us getting 9 or 10 wins and getting to the dance, then who knows what happens.

I hate to break it to you guys, but us going 8-8 or 7-9 isn't getting Kubes fired, and isn't getting us a top pick / franchise QB. So lets just support our Texans.

It could be worse...we could be Jacksonville.

eriadoc
10-06-2013, 11:50 PM
If last year's Ravens did it we can do it...we whooped the Ravens in similar fashion last year on national TV.

And what did the Ravens do to right the ship? People like to bring up the Ravens from last year, but they conveniently forget what the Ravens did to get things back on track. If you think the Texans will do that, you haven't been paying attention.

SchaubApologist
10-06-2013, 11:57 PM
I need to know what qb we are starting before I think about the results of next game.

If Schaub is the qb I don't think we'll beat the rams.

I worry about this game.

Rams play FAST, and Jeff Fisher knows Kubiak quite well.

I can't believe it has come to this... Worrying about the Rams... sheesh :kubepalm:

RTP2110
10-07-2013, 12:00 AM
And what did the Ravens do to right the ship? People like to bring up the Ravens from last year, but they conveniently forget what the Ravens did to get things back on track. If you think the Texans will do that, you haven't been paying attention.

Great point, I think the other Super Bowl team made a bold move last season too.

Rey
10-07-2013, 07:29 AM
I worry about this game.

Rams play FAST, and Jeff Fisher knows Kubiak quite well.

I can't believe it has come to this... Worrying about the Rams... sheesh :kubepalm:

Well to be fair, I was worried about the rams before the season started.

I never had the confidence in this years team like some people have. I didn't get all of the texans bravado heading into this year...

It's like we swept last year under the rug and just assumed that we'd be better. I have 0 faith in this team to do anything under Matt Schaub. Last year spoke volumes. Not just the losses. Matt was not all that last year. The best game he played was against Denver. In the mild high air. He's never gotten close to that level since.

TheIronDuke
10-07-2013, 07:49 AM
The only thing I'm looking forward to against the Rams is watching Andre punk that b!tch Innegan one more time. As long as Innegan doesn't get a pick 6 I'll be happy.

gafftop
10-07-2013, 09:25 AM
6-10 if MS plays rest of season
This is based on D playing hard.
Easily could go 5-11.

handswarmer
10-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs L
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts L
Week 10 at Cardinals W
Week 11 vs Raiders Pick 'em
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts L
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans L

Runner
10-07-2013, 10:41 PM

Texans fans have been saying a version of this for years - the game after a "bad" loss will define the team. At some point, the frequent bad losses identify the team.

I think this is a mediocre organization. 12-4 is the anomaly, bouncing around .500 (+/- 2 games) is more fitting for the team.

Sooooooooo.......

Did the 49ers game tell the tale, or is the Rams game now? Anyone?

DocBar
10-07-2013, 10:45 PM
Sooooooooo.......

Did the 49ers game tell the tale, or is the Rams game now? Anyone?

The 49ers game told me all I need to know. This team is a train wreck right now and I think it's all on Schaub. Goodell should invoke the Mercy Rule and make Kubiak bench him. :kubepalm:

Vance87
10-08-2013, 02:02 AM
Week 6 vs Rams L
Week 7 at Chiefs L
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts L
Week 10 at Cardinals L
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts L
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans L

5-11. By the way this is WITH Schaub if nothing else changes.

thunderkyss
10-08-2013, 06:18 AM
Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs W
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts W
Week 10 at Cardinals W
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts W
Week 16 vs Broncos W
Week 17 at Titans W

12-4.

Kubiak neuters Schaub a little more than his own limitations allow over the next two games. We're going to be a very run heavy team, Matt won't throw more than 15 times.

We get to the bye, they do what they do.

We try to manage the game with Schaub throwing the ball 20-25 times a game & finish the season 8-1 after the bye.

Sigma
10-08-2013, 09:23 AM
I would not be surprised by a loss in any week (except for week 8 of course :) )

But I would definitely be surprised by not having a positive record at the end of the season

handswarmer
10-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs W
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts W
Week 10 at Cardinals W
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts W
Week 16 vs Broncos W
Week 17 at Titans W

12-4.

Kubiak neuters Schaub a little more than his own limitations allow over the next two games. We're going to be a very run heavy team, Matt won't throw more than 15 times.

We try to manage the game with Schaub throwing the ball 20-25 times a game & finish the season 8-1 after the bye.

No way

Sigma
10-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs W
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts W
Week 10 at Cardinals W
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts W
Week 16 vs Broncos W
Week 17 at Titans W

12-4.

If we end the season 12-4 I bet we lose @indy and not vs NE

Thorn
10-08-2013, 10:00 AM
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Texans at 8-8, missing the playoffs. And I'm not even sure where those six wins will come from.

Kubiak and Schaub must go.

GoCoogs
10-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs L
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts W
Week 10 at Cardinals W
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts L
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans W

9-7

HouTx11
10-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs L
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts W
Week 10 at Cardinals W
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts L
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans W

9-7

My prediction is the same as this one, but I'm worried about the Titans game. Trying to hang on to some optimism for the season so I'm going with this.

GoCoogs
10-08-2013, 02:44 PM
My prediction is the same as this one, but I'm worried about the Titans game. Trying to hang on to some optimism for the season so I'm going with this.

Yeah, I went back and forth on the Titans game, but I ended picking the Texans for the same reason you did. I need something to be hopeful about.

Sigma
10-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I went back and forth on the Titans game, but I ended picking the Texans for the same reason you did. I need something to be hopeful about.

Tell you what, if we can go to the playoffs by winning that game it will be 9-7
otherwise 8-8

thunderkyss
10-09-2013, 02:44 PM
From the Shutdown Corner (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-corner-playoff-projection-saints-lock-top-nfc-135440726--nfl.html):

Are the Texans and Falcons really finished? They were so good last year.

Matt Schaub is still Houstonís quarterback. Falcons receiver Julio Jones is done for the year. Game over.

To add insult to injury they have the Colts as the #2 seed ahead of the Patriots, Ravens, Chiefs, & Bengals.

Is this Colts team for real? After seeing what Tony Romo did to the Broncos, can Andrew Luck beat them in the playoffs?

When a team wins at San Francisco and defeats the Seattle Seahawks, that is as real as it gets. Peyton Manning is putting up incredible numbers this season, but never forget a very important statistic - his playoff record is 9-11. Manning has a Super Bowl ring, but the playoffs have been his weakness. That means Indianapolis has a real shot in the postseason.

Rey
10-09-2013, 04:26 PM
From the Shutdown Corner (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-corner-playoff-projection-saints-lock-top-nfc-135440726--nfl.html):

To add insult to injury they have the Colts as the #2 seed ahead of the Patriots, Ravens, Chiefs, & Bengals.

If the colts win the Super Bowl this year and we miss the play offs, if Gary and Schaub are back I might seriously consider not rooting for the texans.

Scratch that. If the colts make the AFC championship game I'll consider it. If they even get close to the Super Bowl while we didn't make the play offs, I'm done. Seriously wouldn't be able to root for this team as that would show they are simply too dumb to ever create a winner.

I can handle slow reacting. Stubborn. Loyal.

But I can't continue to root for the same thing expecting different results.

Sigma
10-09-2013, 04:41 PM
If the colts win the Super Bowl this year and we miss the play offs, if Gary and Schaub are back I might seriously consider not rooting for the texans.

Scratch that. If the colts make the AFC championship game I'll consider it. If they even get close to the Super Bowl while we didn't make the play offs, I'm done. Seriously wouldn't be able to root for this team as that would show they are simply too dumb to ever create a winner.

sadly this reminded me of that famous einstein quote

imatexan
10-10-2013, 12:02 AM
its better for the overall health and future of the texans if they missed the playoffs.

missing the playoffs hopefully will mean that schaub is no longer starting qb and we start the process of finding out what we have in keenum or yates then plan accordingly.

the worst thing to happen would be if schaub played well enough to win games and saves his job again for another year.

we have no real future if that happens because there is no future where schaub is going to lead this team to the superbowl.

I don't buy this mindset it in the least.

Norg
10-10-2013, 12:43 AM
the good thing for the Texans is we still have not played the colts yet has long has we beat the colts twice there is a good chance we will win the divison

it really does not matter if the colts beat San fran and Hawks those are NFC teams if they lose to use twice that beats all tie breakers

Vinny
10-10-2013, 12:55 AM
the good thing for the Texans is we still have not played the colts yet has long has we beat the colts twice there is a good chance we will win the divison

it really does not matter if the colts beat San fran and Hawks those are NFC teams if they lose to use twice that beats all tie breakers
did you know Warren Moon was the last Houston QB to beat the Colts in Indy?

Rey
10-10-2013, 07:25 AM

I think it's more likely the colts sweep us than it is we sweep the colts.

SCOTTexans
10-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs L
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts W
Week 10 at Cardinals W
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts L
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans W

9-7

I have nothing to change to this prediction but hope we get a wildcard spot...

kingtexan
10-10-2013, 10:15 AM
If we keep starting Schaub I could see us going 4-12.

DX-TEX
10-10-2013, 10:20 AM

Excellent post. I keep reading people hoping to make the playoffs as a WC. Why? To get embarrassed and shut down in the playoffs then start the SAME CYCLE again next year??

Never forget:

http://i.imgur.com/Dfckm83.jpg

Sigma
10-10-2013, 10:27 AM
I knew we never beat the colts in indy, but I wanted to see the stats in reliant.

turns out in the last 3 years we are 3-0

its 4-7 overall... but still...

I thought we never beat manning, turns out we did it twice in reliant

in 2010 with Schaub and in 2006 with Carr (lol)

thunderkyss
10-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Excellent post. I keep reading people hoping to make the playoffs as a WC. Why? To get embarrassed and shut down in the playoffs then start the SAME CYCLE again next year??

Never forget:

http://i.imgur.com/Dfckm83.jpg

It wasn't that long ago we criticized the Texans for screwing the first 12 games & finishing strong, when it didn't matter to other teams.

Now, we criticize them for limping through December.

Change is good.

Doppelganger
10-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Based on the way the team is currently playing...

Week 6 vs Rams Win
I think Kubiak runs it a lot against the Rams. While Fisher is the coach, the Rams D has not been spectacular. Texans get the win at home.

Week 7 at Chiefs Lose
Kubiak tries the same approach of running a lot, but finds it nearly impossible against the Stout Chiefs Defense. In the end, a special teams blunder dooms the Texans.

Week 8- bye
The Texans move into the bye week at 3-4

Week 9 vs Colts Lose
This may be where the QB change happens. That said, the OL MUST do a better job. Mathis has been on fire. Hilton and Fleener have been having great years and Luck has led his team back several times. If this is Yates' first start, it may be just too much to handle.

Week 10 at Cardinals Win
The Cardinals are struggling. Their D needs work and the Offense hasn't been a legit threat. I think the Texans can do enough to get the W.

Week 11 vs Raiders Lose
Every year the Texans manage to drop a game against a team you wouldn't expect them to lose to. Also for whatever reason, the games against the Raiders end up being tough. I think it comes down to fgs and Janikowski boots a 48+yarder to seal the game for the boys in black and gray.

Week 12 vs Jags Win
The Jags are a mess. They lost their LT in Joeckl and dont have a lot of options. Plus they have Gabbert who is essentially the only starting QB worse than Schaub right now.

Week 13 vs Pats Lose
Yes, the Pats have struggled, but at their current level, they could still slice up the Texans D. Brady can dink and dunk with the best of them.

Week 14 at Jags Win
See Week 12. Unless Gabbert is replaced, I will pick the Texans.

Week 15 at Colts Lose
The Texans have NEVER won in Indy. Nothing has changed yet to alter my mindset on that one.

Week 16 vs Broncos Lose
The Broncos offense is ridiculous and will likely put up 30+. Can the Texans offense respond? Sadly I don't think so. Not this year.

Week 17 at Titans Lose
The Texans needed a miracle to beat the Titans at home. The Titans will be fighting hard for a playoff spot and the Texans will be wrapping it up. He who is hungry beats he who wants to start his vacation.

Overall Final Record: 6-10

Norg
10-10-2013, 11:24 AM
IDK I just don't fear indy like some of yall do I really do think Matchup wise they don't match up well with the Texans

I know paper don't mean **** but on paper The Texans have a better team from top 2 bottom

DX-TEX
10-10-2013, 11:30 AM
IDK I just don't fear indy like some of yall do I really do think Matchup wise they don't match up well with the Texans

I know paper don't mean **** but on paper The Texans have a better team from top 2 bottom

That is true against all 31 other NFL teams. Yet we have that one, teeny tiny issue at the most critical position...

imatexan
10-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Based on the way the team is currently playing...

Week 6 vs Rams Win
I think Kubiak runs it a lot against the Rams. While Fisher is the coach, the Rams D has not been spectacular. Texans get the win at home.

Week 7 at Chiefs Lose
Kubiak tries the same approach of running a lot, but finds it nearly impossible against the Stout Chiefs Defense. In the end, a special teams blunder dooms the Texans.

Week 8- bye
The Texans move into the bye week at 3-4

Week 9 vs Colts Lose
This may be where the QB change happens. That said, the OL MUST do a better job. Mathis has been on fire. Hilton and Fleener have been having great years and Luck has led his team back several times. If this is Yates' first start, it may be just too much to handle.

Week 10 at Cardinals Win
The Cardinals are struggling. Their D needs work and the Offense hasn't been a legit threat. I think the Texans can do enough to get the W.

Week 11 vs Raiders Lose
Every year the Texans manage to drop a game against a team you wouldn't expect them to lose to. Also for whatever reason, the games against the Raiders end up being tough. I think it comes down to fgs and Janikowski boots a 48+yarder to seal the game for the boys in black and gray.

Week 12 vs Jags Win
The Jags are a mess. They lost their LT in Joeckl and dont have a lot of options. Plus they have Gabbert who is essentially the only starting QB worse than Schaub right now.

Week 13 vs Pats Lose
Yes, the Pats have struggled, but at their current level, they could still slice up the Texans D. Brady can dink and dunk with the best of them.

Week 14 at Jags Win
See Week 12. Unless Gabbert is replaced, I will pick the Texans.

Week 15 at Colts Lose
The Texans have NEVER won in Indy. Nothing has changed yet to alter my mindset on that one.

Week 16 vs Broncos Lose
The Broncos offense is ridiculous and will likely put up 30+. Can the Texans offense respond? Sadly I don't think so. Not this year.

Week 17 at Titans Lose
The Texans needed a miracle to beat the Titans at home. The Titans will be fighting hard for a playoff spot and the Texans will be wrapping it up. He who is hungry beats he who wants to start his vacation.

Overall Final Record: 6-10

Man I would hate to have such little faith in my team, must suck.

thunderkyss
10-10-2013, 05:57 PM

We're fans of btch'n

PockyAF
10-13-2013, 09:47 PM
HOU @ KC
Bye
IND @ HOU
HOU @ ARI - We suck against the NFCW this year
OAK @ HOU - Scramble QBs gives us fits
JAC @ HOU
NE @ HOU
HOU @ JAC (NFLN) - We suck on during prime time
HOU @ IND
DEN @ HOU - Could be a win if they're resting their starters
HOU @ TEN

The only game we ever competed well in was against the Seahawks.

We were getting blown out in our first two game, and our Superbowl-aspired team rallied to come back in those two games. Now our entire team knows we're **** due suck-o QB leeching the energy out of them. Today we saw our entire team play down to the level that their QB has been at for the last couple of weeks.

If we got handled against the Rams at HOME, then I can't really see any other team we can beat beside the Jags.

We're this year's Lions.. but minus the franchise QB.

thunderkyss
10-13-2013, 10:21 PM
I think it's time for a "biggest game in Texans history"

We usually do good in those.

Honoring Earl 34
10-13-2013, 10:22 PM
At the rate they are going , they beat the Jags twice and should handle the Cards and Raiders . KC , Colts x2 , Pats , and Denver should be losses . I wouldn't bet on them in Nashville either .

That gives you 6 and 10 .

eriadoc
10-13-2013, 10:37 PM

You know what sucks worse? Having that lack of faith validated by the team.

Runner
10-14-2013, 10:05 AM
The good news for Kubiak is that a 6-10 record would give him a 65-63 regular season record. A winning record.

In the unlikely event the Texans go 5-11 he ends up at 64-64. A non-losing record.

It's too bad Corey Bradford already had the nickname fifty-fifty.

Trail.Blazr
10-14-2013, 12:47 PM
At the rate they are going , they beat the Jags twice and should handle the Cards and Raiders . KC , Colts x2 , Pats , and Denver should be losses . I wouldn't bet on them in Nashville either .

That gives you 6 and 10 .

So glad now that the Rams are off this list of teams we should handle :kitten:

midway
10-14-2013, 05:07 PM

Predicting 5-11

jaayteetx
10-14-2013, 05:39 PM
I was predicting 7-9, with one of the dubya's being the Rams, looks like 6-10 now.

thunderkyss
10-14-2013, 05:39 PM
@Chiefs: Win

Colts: Wom

Patriots: Win

@Jags: Win

Broncos: Win

@Tacks: Win

11-5

gafftop
10-14-2013, 05:46 PM

You know being a Texans fan does suck right now.

Norg
10-14-2013, 05:48 PM
I think we beat the chiefs :P

Exascor
10-15-2013, 06:30 AM
The Texans are 6 games into the season. They have played terrible. Hopefully they have played their 6 worst games of the year. They are only 2 games back in the division so who cares if they are 2-4 or 4-2. A win next week vs the Chiefs with a Colts loss vs the Broncos and they are only 1 game back. If they can take care of the 5 division games and win 3 of the remaining 5 (Chiefs, Cards, Raiders, Pats & Broncos) there's still a chance of winning the division. Colts still have 2 games each against the Texans and Titans. Colts non-division games left are Broncos, Rams, Cards, Bengals & Chiefs. I can see a few losses there. The Texans are not out of it yet.

aussie_texan
10-15-2013, 07:00 AM
we get thumped this week, schuab throws a pick 6:swatter:

in the first quarter gets pulled at half time yates comes in and plays horribly. Case has the bye week to get ready and then we win all remaining games and keenum is the saviour of Houston.
:kitten:

11-5

Sigma
10-15-2013, 07:21 AM
we get thumped this week, schuab throws a pick 6:swatter:

in the first quarter gets pulled at half time yates comes in and plays horribly. Case has the bye week to get ready
so you think schaub will start?
If he does start then I think this is a highly likely scenario

and then we win all remaining games and keenum is the saviour of Houston.
:kitten:

11-5

well, as much as I would like this to be true, I won't put much hope on it.

seeing case on the field will be enough for me, not because I hate the other options but because I want to see how he really is in regular season.

Then we can start arguing which is the better, untill then there's no point in argue. We have seen a lot of Schaub, something of TJ and nothing of case.

I don't think TJ will be more than a #2, ofc I could be wrong.

I really want to see how keenum plays

aussie_texan
10-15-2013, 08:27 AM
so you think schaub will start?
If he does start then I think this is a highly likely scenario

well, as much as I would like this to be true, I won't put much hope on it.

seeing case on the field will be enough for me, not because I hate the other options but because I want to see how he really is in regular season.

Then we can start arguing which is the better, untill then there's no point in argue. We have seen a lot of Schaub, something of TJ and nothing of case.

I don't think TJ will be more than a #2, ofc I could be wrong.

I really want to see how keenum plays

i dont think he starts actually was more a joke. but i agree with you. i dont personally think keenum is the saviour but we need to find out what he has. i like yates but i see him as a career backup nothing more

Sigma
10-15-2013, 08:35 AM
i dont think he starts actually was more a joke. but i agree with you. i dont personally think keenum is the saviour but we need to find out what he has. i like yates but i see him as a career backup nothing more

Sometimes I need a sarcasm sign :)
I don't know if it is because english is not my first language or because on this forum sometimes people write the most weird things and mean them.

anyway, I think we have seen a lot of weird things in football, keenum pulling a Kaepernick is not even THAT weird.

"keenum pulling a Kaepernick and then being traded away", on the other hand, is something I would find weird enough to be possible :|

False Start
10-15-2013, 09:04 AM
@Chiefs - L
Colts: L
@Cards: W
Raiders: W
Jags: W
Patriots: L
@Jags: L - I think we find a way to lose one of these games to the Glitter Kitties :wadepalm:
@Colts: L
Broncos: L
@Titans: L

5-11

Indicates major ass whoopins.

Rey
10-15-2013, 10:12 AM
I need to know who the qb is. I think with Schaub, we won't make the play offs. Yates or keenum, I don't know but at this point I feel a bit more optimistic with keenum. The unknown factor and I just feel like he's the best distributor on the team.

aussie_texan
10-15-2013, 11:09 PM
Sometimes I need a sarcasm sign :)
I don't know if it is because english is not my first language or because on this forum sometimes people write the most weird things and mean them.

anyway, I think we have seen a lot of weird things in football, keenum pulling a Kaepernick is not even THAT weird.

"keenum pulling a Kaepernick and then being traded away", on the other hand, is something I would find weird enough to be possible :|

i would put in more down to this :kubepalm:

PockyAF
10-16-2013, 02:47 AM
Was thinking about it, and it's very possible to get back in the mix of things..

Colts play the Denver Jugganuts next week.. which will most likely put them at 4-3

We both play each other after the bye at HOME..

If we could pull that off, than we'll have a tied record at 4-4 (we'll be #1 in division due to tiebreaker tho).

That will put us back on the right direction, with ARZ, OAK, and JAC following after.

It all start this Sunday (biggest game in franchise hist??). AFCS winner could get in the playoff NFCE style.

our 2nd game against Indy could very well be the deciding factor for the AFCS title.

Blake
10-16-2013, 07:25 AM
That scenario seems nice, but there is no way I can pick this team to win a single game until I see them play better. The way they are playing right now makes me believe they couldnt beat the Jags. The entire team seems to have lost their confidence in someone or possibly the entire team as evidence by the "sprung leaks everywhere" comments by Gary.

But I guess looking at the schedule in quarters we can try and get back to 4 and 4, then reevaluate the situation. @KC and vsIND, lets see where it takes us.

thunderkyss
10-16-2013, 08:41 AM
If we could pull that off, than we'll have a tied record at 4-4 (we'll be #1 in division due to tiebreaker tho).

That will put us back on the right direction, with ARZ, OAK, and JAC following after.

It all start this Sunday (biggest game in franchise hist??). AFCS winner could get in the playoff NFCE style.

our 2nd game against Indy could very well be the deciding factor for the AFCS title.

Right now, W-Ls don't matter. Hasn't mattered since week 1. These guys are playing like crap, so even if we somehow beat KC & Indy.... mathematically we may be in it, but there won't be any confidence in this team going forward.

They need to play up to what we believe they're capable of playing. Otherwise, we've got to come to the realization that they aren't as good as we think they are & start looking forward to the offseason.

Some of us are already there & for all we know..... from what we've been seeing on the field, they may very well be right.

I'm trying to stay positive, I'm drinking the koolaid, but I'm not oblivious to reality. We need the win, but more importantly we need to play well.

deucetx
10-16-2013, 08:55 AM
Was thinking about it, and it's very possible to get back in the mix of things..

Colts play the Denver Jugganuts next week.. which will most likely put them at 4-3

We both play each other after the bye at HOME..

While this is true and we still have a chance folks seem to bypass the rest of the schedule. Sure the Colts lost to the Chargers and now have the Broncos who should be pissed after Jim Irsay idiotic comments. At the same time check the rest of their schedule. There isn't one team they don't match up well against. Their two toughest opponents will be the Chiefs and Bengals who they should be able to hang with in a competitive game. Look what the Colts have after the Broncos:

@Houston, St. Louis, @Titans, @Cards, Titans, @Kitty Cats, Houston, @Chiefs, Jags.

Meanwhile our toughest two? The Broncos and Patriots. After this week we have a tougher road to travel than they do. So yeah we can be right back in it in a few weeks. Question is down the road because ours gets more rough while theirs will be a bunch of competitive games but none where you are certain they will lose. Any ready to the mortgage on us beating the Pats (who should have Gronk back by then) and the Broncos?

This team will have to do a complete 180 from how they are playing to accomplish this. Possible? Yes. Likely? Not really. So I'll just hope for the best but not raising my expectations. I did that this season and so far have been burned horribly for it. Not giving in as I'll cheer every Sunday but I'm not looking at any game and saying 'That's a win!' Especially not after the Rams came into our building and beat the living ******* out of us.

eriadoc
10-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Right now, W-Ls don't matter. Hasn't mattered since week 1. These guys are playing like crap, so even if we somehow beat KC & Indy.... mathematically we may be in it, but there won't be any confidence in this team going forward.

They need to play up to what we believe they're capable of playing. Otherwise, we've got to come to the realization that they aren't as good as we think they are & start looking forward to the offseason.

Some of us are already there & for all we know..... from what we've been seeing on the field, they may very well be right.

I'm trying to stay positive, I'm drinking the koolaid, but I'm not oblivious to reality. We need the win, but more importantly we need to play well.

I'm not there yet if they change QBs. Even if they switch to Yates, I think he can be stable enough for the rest of the team to rally behind. But yeah, if the QB position is FUBAR, this team is done. KC isn't a team to run out and put up 30 on someone, so we'll see how this game goes. If the Texans hold themselves to 7 or fewer points in the first half again and find a way to gift the Chiefs some points, then I won't have any hope for the Colts game.