PDA

View Full Version : Time for a players only meeting

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 05:52 PM
They need to strip the C off of Schaub's jersey & kick him out of the meeting.

The remaining captains then need to go to Kubiak, tell him they'll die for him, play hard for him, won't give up on Schaub if he says the Texans aren't going to give up on Schaub... but they need some help. They want to win the Super Bowl, they feel they're close... they feel Kubiak can put together a game plan to take them all the way, even having to compensate for the shortcomings of Yates/Keenum.... but something's wrong with Schaub & they don't want to squander their opportunity trying to figure it out.

SchaubApologist
09-29-2013, 05:54 PM

The remaining captains then need to go to Kubiak, tell him they'll die for him, play hard for him, won't give up on Schaub if he says the Texans aren't going to give up on Schaub... but they need some help. They want to win the Super Bowl, they feel they're close... they feel Kubiak can put together a game plan to take them all the way, even having to compensate for the shortcomings of Yates/Keenum.... but something's wrong with Schaub & they don't want to squander their opportunity trying to figure it out.

ugh.. an additional week of schaub sucking and you're singing a different tune.

are you sure the defense didn't surrender too many points?

:choke:

amazing80
09-29-2013, 05:58 PM
ugh.. an additional week of schaub sucking and you're singing a different tune.

are you sure the defense didn't surrender too many points?

:choke:

yup, just like Schaub, give him enough pressure and he folds :slapfight:

chicagotexan2
09-29-2013, 06:01 PM
The only meeting I want to see is one in which Schaub walks into a room and his career as a texan gets whacked out like tommy in goodfellas.

eriadoc
09-29-2013, 06:03 PM
Jake Plummer.

Kubiak/Shanahan took what was basically Tony Romo & made him a winner. AFC Championship game & Super Bowl contender.

Regardless what we think of Schaub I think we can all agree that we can get to an AFC Championship game with him if Kubiak/Shanahan can take Plummer to the AFC Championship game & if we can get to the AFC Championship game, there's a good chance we can get to the Super Bowl.

Right now Schaub has a better chance of winning the Super Bowl than RG3, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Michael Vick, Matt Ryan, even Colin Kaepernick. Even is he's just lucky, this is where we are.

Nothing against CnD, but I'm seeing a better than 2011 Schaub out there. Sure enough, we'll see come January.

Schaub most likely won't do anything spectacular, we're numb to what he does, but the numbers will be there, I'm thinking even better. Right now he's dealing with protection issues & new receivers.. .Kubiak is tweaking the offense, a lot of change we're not even aware of (like the OL splits, I've never seen them that wide), so we're going to struggle & this year the group-think has decided to put it all on Schaub's shoulders & he's taking it like a man.

I still think Schaub looks healthier than he has in a long, long time. People are goin to change the way they think about Matt Schaub. ... Schaub ain't the only one who needs a little help. He's going to take care of thatt winnning thing this year & fix the perspective on Matt Schaub.

No doubt.

I'm stubborn & I think this is a Championship team with Schaub.

3ch

amazing80
09-29-2013, 06:04 PM
I only want a players only meeting if it ends like this, with Watt and Cushing hitting Schaub

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1349839/conchairto-o.gif

Bulls on Parade
09-29-2013, 06:06 PM
I would make Kareem Jackson wear a Hooters outfit and bring some coffee and donuts to that meeting. His play lately has been every bit as frustrating.

SchaubApologist
09-29-2013, 06:07 PM
i only want a players only meeting if it ends like this, with watt and cushing hitting schaub

hahahahaahahahahhaahahahhaah

chicagotexan2
09-29-2013, 06:08 PM
I only want a players only meeting if it ends like this, with Watt and Cushing hitting Schaub

Ok I'd settle for they too

HouTx11
09-29-2013, 06:08 PM
Agree with the meeting, especially when you consider:

1. The Seahawks gave up 476 net yards. The Texans only gave up 270.

2. Russell Wilson only passed for 123 yards.

3. TDs from pick 6's

4. Penalties that have kept drives alive for the other team.

Focus and discipline is needed throughout the entire game.

HouTx11
09-29-2013, 06:13 PM
I would make Kareem Jackson wear a Hooters outfit and bring some coffee and donuts to that meeting. His play lately has been every bit as frustrating.

Also maybe they should require all CBs to wear a restraint that causes them to always look for the ball when they are defending. Would've prevented the first points on the board today because J-Jo would be wearing it too.

Vinny
09-29-2013, 06:17 PM
time to call Saul

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 06:19 PM
3ch

I'm human.

As far as the defense goes I still don't think they should be giving up 98 yard TD scoring drives. I'll get on that tomorrow.

But yes, one week later, two ints later, another half without scoring any points later I think we need an intervention.

SchaubApologist
09-29-2013, 06:20 PM
I'm human.

As far as the defense goes I still don't think they should be giving up 98 yard TD scoring drives. I'll get on that tomorrow.

But yes, one week later, two ints later, another half without scoring any points later I think we need an intervention.

Good man.

It's a rare trait to admit that you were wrong these days.

Glad you are finally seeing what we've all been saying for the past year or so.

eriadoc
09-29-2013, 06:23 PM
I'm human.

It wasn't the human aspect I was targeting as much as the stubborn refusal to recognize reality.

Yep, and they've given up a long drive every game, I believe. But at the end of the day, if your defense gives up 13 points in regulation and you can't outscore that, you suck as an offense. Defenses are never really going to be like the '85 Bears anymore. The rules have changed too much and the officiating favors the offense. So the defense is going to give up some points. Other offenses have taken up the slack. Schaubiak's hasn't.

Welcome aboard the bandwagon. It's full of crappy seats. I'll stop teasing you (mostly). ;)

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 06:23 PM
Also maybe they should require all CBs to wear a restraint that causes them to always look for the ball when they are defending. Would've prevented the first points on the board today because J-Jo would be wearing it too.

It wouldn't have mattered. He was holding the receiver's jersey from the time they snapped the ball. Don't matter where he's looking, it's pass interference.

Saying, "he didn't turn his head." Is what commentators say when they're trying to convince you they know what they're talking about....... most of the time, they do. But when it starts to get cliche... chances are they spoke too soon.

Nawzer
09-29-2013, 06:39 PM

Haha I would love to see that happen.

HouTx11
09-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Just a thought, but lets flip this:

How would we all feel about the Texans right now if Schaub only passed for 123 yards, the defense gave up 476 yards, and we barely won the game because of a pick 6 due to a ball that should not have been thrown with less than 3 minutes left in the game?

If I am a Seattle fan, I'm pleased that we won, but I would be dissappointed with the team's performance as a whole, even the defense.

BullNation4Life
09-29-2013, 06:48 PM

HA I am in favor of ANY meeting that ends with Watt and Cushing delivering a Con-Chair-To to Schaub....

Rey
09-29-2013, 06:54 PM

How would we all feel about the Texans right now if Schaub only passed for 123 yards, the defense gave up 476 yards, and we barely won the game because of a pick 6 due to a ball that should not have been thrown with less than 3 minutes
If I am a Seattle fan, I'm pleased that we won, but I would be dissappointed with the team's performance as a whole, even the defense.

I'd feel like we felt after the chargers game. Glad we won, but

Seattle doesn't pass a lot anyways so it's not like they were expecting 350 yards from Wilson today.

SchaubApologist
09-29-2013, 07:01 PM

How would we all feel about the Texans right now if Schaub only passed for 123 yards, the defense gave up 476 yards, and we barely won the game because of a pick 6 due to a ball that should not have been thrown with less than 3 minutes left in the game?

Russell Wilson did not sign a 5 year 67 million dollar contract either.

Norg
09-29-2013, 07:02 PM
yeah I wish that would happen but its to early I don't think they will make a move till our season is in jeperdoy or over

but I don't think there needs to be a OWNER GM and coaches meeting

and hash out what should we do ask mcnair about job security and what not

if things go south I wonder if Kubes and Schaub are gone and then ........... wade phillps becomes our new head coach

Yesterday
09-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Matt Schaub shows no leadership, and even less charisma than Gary Kubiak (quite an accomplishment).

Either way, this team desperately lacks leadership (D is a different story)

Vinny
09-29-2013, 07:07 PM

stats are so baseball...toughness, putting your foot down when the game is on the line, in game adjustments....now that is football. Who cares about the stat line?

DocBar
09-29-2013, 07:08 PM

If I am a Seattle fan, I'm pleased that we won, but I would be dissappointed with the team's performance as a whole, even the defense.And happy to know that even when they are getting the sh*t kicked out of them they can get up off the floor and make the plays that need to be made in a hostile environment.

Yesterday
09-29-2013, 07:23 PM
stats are so baseball...toughness, putting your foot down when the game is on the line, in game adjustments....now that is football. Who cares about the stat line?

some stats. Some are very relevant. One must look at all numbers with relation to how much they increase our chance at winning. The pick 6 decreased our chance from about 85% to ~50%.

Russ Wilson's scrambling, etc in crunch time...his leadership...ill take that over schaub all day and twice on sundays.

silvrhand
09-29-2013, 07:24 PM
On a side note we are now 3rd place in the division.

HouTx11
09-29-2013, 07:25 PM
And happy to know that even when they are getting the sh*t kicked out of them they can get up off the floor and make the plays that need to be made in a hostile environment.

Like we did against San Diego?

Vinny
09-29-2013, 07:26 PM
On a side note we are now 3rd place in the division.
but we are ahead of the hated Jags! Still have never beaten the Colts at their home either...but who's counting anyway?

CloakNNNdagger
09-29-2013, 07:29 PM
yeah I wish that would happen but its to early I don't think they will make a move till our season is in jeperdoy or over

but I don't think there needs to be a OWNER GM and coaches meeting

and hash out what should we do ask mcnair about job security and what not

if things go south I wonder if Kubes and Schaub are gone and then ........... wade phillps becomes our new head coach

Norg, we've already lost playoff tie-breakers to 2 potential playoff teams.........next week in an away game, that number is likely to up to 3!

HouTx11
09-29-2013, 07:30 PM

Yep, only be concerned about the W/L column, becuse after all, the TDs, INTs, dropped passes, missed FGs etc..... don't really matter, they are just stats.

jaayteetx
09-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Norg, we've already lost playoff tie-breakers to 2 potential playoff teams.........next week in an away game, that number is likely to up to 3!

The Seahawks are in the NFC as well as the 9ers, no playoff tie breakers there Doc.

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 07:35 PM

I would expect our defensive ranking to start dropping & be thankful not many offenses are going to abuse us like that with the kind of pressure we put on their QB.

Vinny
09-29-2013, 07:36 PM
Yep, only be concerned about the W/L column, becuse after all, the TDs, INTs, dropped passes, missed FGs etc..... don't really matter, they are just stats.
my point is that people dwell on stats as a marker of a good team way too much. The ability to churn nice stats may be nice and all that but throwing for under 200 yards but coming up with big first downs and not throwing a pick6 with the game on the line is the point. Sure, having thrown for 31-of 49, 355 yards looks great statistically. I really don't give a crap about stats.

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 07:37 PM

You mean unless it's Houston winning an ugly game.

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 08:00 PM

I'm a little agitated at the moment & I'm being a little knee jerk as well. I did mention that I didn't see much of the game, because the rain took out my satelite. But after watching the highlights...

I'll just say I can understand if Kubiak stands by his guy.

Schaub's not my guy, I've criticized him for years. I've taken to defending him lately because some of the criticism is uncalled for, exaggerated, or unsubstantiated.

But they do need to have a team only meeting & find out who's committed to winning, & who's not.

CloakNNNdagger
09-29-2013, 08:07 PM
The Seahawks are in the NFC as well as the 9ers, no playoff tie breakers there Doc.

Sorry, I should have said "home field advantage."

Double Barrel
09-29-2013, 08:41 PM

Matt Ryan threw 5 interceptions and no TD's in last season's game against the Cardinals (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321118001).

The Falcons won 23-19.

So, yeah, you're right. Scoreboard is truly the only stat that matters in the end. ;)

DocBar
09-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Matt Ryan threw 5 interceptions and no TD's in last season's game against the Cardinals (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321118001).

The Falcons won 23-19.

So, yeah, you're right. Scoreboard is truly the only stat that matters in the end. ;)My Houston Texans are undefeated when leading after 4 quarters. Stats tell part of the story but there are no asterisks for L* (We kicked their ass on the stat line).

Mr.Scarface
09-29-2013, 08:51 PM
Sorry, I should have said "home field advantage."

Umm.....Homefield advantage won't matter in the Superbowl. That would be the only way any NFC games would matter in tiebreakers.

cstyle42
09-29-2013, 08:54 PM
It's time for Kubiak to grow some balls and make the right move at the quarterback position. I've been saying Matt Schaub is not the qb for us to win a super bowl for 4 years now and I for one am just tired of the bs. The texans will never get my money in ticket sales. David Carr for 5 years then we go out and get a backup then proclaim him as a starter. Matt Schaub needs to be holding jock straps not throwing a football he is a great loser no qb.

DocBar
09-29-2013, 09:00 PM
It's time for Kubiak to grow some balls and make the right move at the quarterback position. I've been saying Matt Schaub is not the qb for us to win a super bowl for 4 years now and I for one am just tired of the bs. The texans will never get my money in ticket sales. David Carr for 5 years then we go out and get a backup then proclaim him as a starter. Matt Schaub needs to be holding jock straps not throwing a football he is a great loser no qb.And you need to go back to grammar school and learn how to use proper punctuation.:kitten:

SchaubApologist
09-29-2013, 09:08 PM
And you need to go back to grammar school and learn how to use proper punctuation.:kitten:

You should not start a sentence with an "And".

ArlingtonTexan
09-29-2013, 09:16 PM

But you would be wrong.

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/conjunctions.htm

A frequently asked question about conjunctions is whether and or but can be used at the beginning of a sentence. This is what R.W. Burchfield has to say about this use of and:

There is a persistent belief that it is improper to begin a sentence with And, but this prohibition has been cheerfully ignored by standard authors from Anglo-Saxon times onwards. An initial And is a useful aid to writers as the narrative continues.

from The New Fowler's Modern English Usage
edited by R.W. Burchfield. Clarendon Press: Oxford, England. 1996.
Used with the permission of Oxford University Press.

The same is true with the conjunction but. A sentence beginning with and or but will tend to draw attention to itself and its transitional function. Writers should examine such sentences with two questions in mind: (1) would the sentence and paragraph function just as well without the initial conjunction? (2) should the sentence in question be connected to the previous sentence? If the initial conjunction still seems appropriate, use it.

BigBull17
09-29-2013, 10:12 PM

And not make a decision that I'd bench a JV quarterback for making. Jesus.

DocBar
09-29-2013, 10:32 PM
And not make a decision that I'd bench a JV quarterback for making. Jesus.Too bad this isn't a JV football MB:kitten:

mike moffat
09-29-2013, 10:35 PM
I'm still feeling the pain hours after the game. At the end of last season I was calling for Schaub's head.

He just chokes with any pressure. I really feel sorry for our defense. They are busting their guts knowing that Shaub is going to fold like a deck of cards.

He gave away the game with idiotic plays and lack of ability to get out of the way.

I'm really wondering why I am paying Directv for the Sunday ticket? I'm just optimistic I guess.

Maybe we should go out and get Tim Tebow. At least he can run for positive yardage.

It's pretty obvious that Seattle beat us with a mobile quarterback.

Just depressed at watching a 20-3 3rd. quarter lead go down the drain.

eriadoc
09-30-2013, 12:13 AM
I'm still feeling the pain hours after the game.

I'm not sure what it says about my expectations, but I wasn't surprised by the loss, so I wasn't upset. In fact, I only remember screaming at the TV in anger once throughout the game, and that was when they flagged KJax for playing to the whistle. There might have been a phantom whistle, I guess, but you sure as hell didn't hear it on the broadcast. This constant coddling of the offense just pisses me off to no end and erodes my enjoyment of the game I've loved since I was a kid.

But the loss? It sucks, because the team I support is now 2-2. It sucks because I don't really see the progress that will be necessary to get through the playoffs, or maybe even to the playoffs. But I'm not pissed off or upset, because I expected it. I expected Schaub to throw an untimely pick (maybe not a pick 6, but hey). I expected the team to play one half. I expected the defense to give up a backbreaking long drive to mar an otherwise plus performance. I expected Kubiak to go to the press conference and talk about how it's his fault. In short, I expected what we saw.

I am wide awake after my Breaking Bad marathon watching, so I figured I'd mosey on over and stir the pot a little, but I feel like I ought to be upset. I'm not.

steelbtexan
09-30-2013, 12:19 AM

Yesterday you thouht Schaub was the man. Second thoughts?

It's time to see if Yates/Keenum are the future.

Because after all of the football I've watched, trust me Schaub/Gary aren't the people you want in charge if winning a SB is your ultimate goal.

Looks like SOS different yr to me.

steelbtexan
09-30-2013, 12:25 AM
I'm not sure what it says about my expectations, but I wasn't surprised by the loss, so I wasn't upset. In fact, I only remember screaming at the TV in anger once throughout the game, and that was when they flagged KJax for playing to the whistle. There might have been a phantom whistle, I guess, but you sure as hell didn't hear it on the broadcast. This constant coddling of the offense just pisses me off to no end and erodes my enjoyment of the game I've loved since I was a kid.

But the loss? It sucks, because the team I support is now 2-2. It sucks because I don't really see the progress that will be necessary to get through the playoffs, or maybe even to the playoffs. But I'm not pissed off or upset, because I expected it. I expected Schaub to throw an untimely pick (maybe not a pick 6, but hey). I expected the team to play one half. I expected the defense to give up a backbreaking long drive to mar an otherwise plus performance. I expected Kubiak to go to the press conference and talk about how it's his fault. In short, I expected what we saw.

I am wide awake after my Breaking Bad marathon watching, so I figured I'd mosey on over and stir the pot a little, but I feel like I ought to be upset. I'm not.

I was at the game and I expected the same. (SAD)

The org is what it is and dont expect anything traunatic anytime soon.

cstyle42
09-30-2013, 07:19 AM
And you need to go back to grammar school and learn how to use proper punctuation.:kitten:

Go to school and teach a class and smile about how great you sound. This board is about texans football.

edwardc5637
09-30-2013, 09:10 AM
Agree with the meeting, especially when you consider:

1. The Seahawks gave up 476 net yards. The Texans only gave up 270.

2. Russell Wilson only passed for 123 yards.

3. TDs from pick 6's

4. Penalties that have kept drives alive for the other team.

Focus and discipline is needed throughout the entire game.

All good points so #8 isn't the only problem .

HOU-TEX
09-30-2013, 09:25 AM
All good points so #8 isn't the only problem .

He was yesterday. The QB single handedly cost us that game. OT and Kareem's penalty would've never happened

The defense was simply awesome yesterday. Other than the obvious drop off when Cush went out. They were handing to game to the offense to put away and Schaubiak screwed the pooch

htowntexans1985
09-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Sean Pendergast
@ SeanCablinasian

ICYMI, Texans S @ManningUp38 said on
our show today players had players only
meeting. Said Antonio, Ed Reed & Andre
did a lot of the talking

DocBar
09-30-2013, 08:23 PM
All good points so #8 isn't the only problem .Not the only problem but the biggest one.

thunderkyss
09-30-2013, 08:56 PM
Sean Pendergast
@ SeanCablinasian

ICYMI, Texans S @ManningUp38 said on
our show today players had players only
meeting. Said Antonio, Ed Reed & Andre
did a lot of the talking

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/fcchampsoap.png

DX-TEX
09-30-2013, 09:03 PM
PDS ‏@PatDStat 42m
@SeanCablinasian Extinction Level Event stuff happening at Reliant right now.

Call me stupid but what exactly does this mean? "Come to Jesus" type meeting?

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/fcchampsoap.png

After the tweet about a players only meeting and who spoke and Watt's comments after the game I honestly feel they will come out Sunday and play angry. They were embarrassed and want to prove something and they have the biggest stage in the regular season to do it, Sunday Night Football.

htowntexans1985
09-30-2013, 09:29 PM
More details from manning on the players only meeting.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=houston-texans&id=1023&src=desktop&wjb

Perki-Perk
09-30-2013, 10:23 PM
Ask and you shall receive.....

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/09/texans-foster-calls-players-only-meeting/

DocBar
09-30-2013, 11:01 PM

After the tweet about a players only meeting and who spoke and Watt's comments after the game I honestly feel they will come out Sunday and play angry. They were embarrassed and want to prove something and they have the biggest stage in the regular season to do it, Sunday Night Football.Stupid....you asked for it. LOL

ThaShark316
09-30-2013, 11:48 PM

Pat was making a Busta Rhymes reference. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.L.E._%28Extinction_Level_Event%29:_The_Final_Wor ld_Front

KA4Texan
10-01-2013, 12:00 AM
HA I am in favor of ANY meeting that ends with Watt and Cushing delivering a Con-Chair-To to Schaub....

"Con-Chair-To", for some reason I crave nachos now.

As for Schaub catching chairs to the head. Im not for that idea.

Kubiak would still play him.

htownfan32
10-01-2013, 02:07 AM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/09/texans-foster-calls-players-only-meeting/

Running back Arian Foster called a players-only meeting Monday, the day after the 23-20 overtime loss to Seattle. Defensive end Antonio Smith was one of the players who talked the most. He talked to his teammates in the dressing room after Sunday’s game, too.

“Antonio is a strong, strong presence,” coach Gary Kubiak said. “When he speaks, guys listen. He cares so much.

“It was hard to walk in there after a game like that, whether you’re a coach or a player and understand that whenever you’ve given everything you possibly have and you don’t get it done, it’s a very tough pill to swallow.

Txn_in_Oki
10-01-2013, 06:58 AM

So coach doesn't have a strong presence?

thunderkyss
10-01-2013, 07:39 AM
I think it would have been a good idea for Schaub to call the meeting & do most of the talking.

Running back Arian Foster called a players-only meeting Monday, the day after the 23-20 overtime loss to Seattle. Defensive end Antonio Smith was one of the players who talked the most. He talked to his teammates in the dressing room after Sunday’s game, too.

ChampionTexan
10-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Pat was making a Busta Rhymes reference. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.L.E._%28Extinction_Level_Event%29:_The_Final_Wor ld_Front

No clue as to where Busta Rhymes fits into this (and your link provided no info that I could find either).

1. come to jesus meeting

A meeting where someone close to you (e.g. friend, family, etc.) are confronted over behavior that's causing consternation that's negatively effecting your relationship.
"You and your brother need to have a come to jesus meeting over you always having to do his chores and yours."

2. come to jesus meeting

A meeting in which a group discusses their flaws. Nobody can interupt another and they can't put words in somebody else's mouth (she doesnt like me).
After this terrible week, the staff really needs a come to jesus meeting.

LINK (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=come%20to%20jesus%20meeting)

ChampionTexan
10-01-2013, 07:42 AM
I think it would have been a good idea for Schaub to call the meeting & do most of the talking.

The biggest source of problems is the wrong person to call the meeting.

DexmanC
10-01-2013, 07:45 AM

"And" is used quite often to start sentences.

And another thing, you've never started a sentence with "and?"

And what constitutes "correct" when deciding how YOU decide to start sentences?

thunderkyss
10-01-2013, 08:52 AM
The biggest source of problems is the wrong person to call the meeting.

Agree to disagree.

He needs help. He needs to ask for help. He needs to tell them what he's trying to do (win a Super Bowl) & he can't do it without them.

He needs his recievers to try a little bit harder to catch those balls, run those routes. He needs his OL to hold for one more second. He needs his RBs to break one more tackle & he needs his defense to make one more stand.

He's not perfect. He needs to put that on the table, own up to his flaws, but re-affirm to them that if they work together they can win (I believe it). As hard as each one of them thinks they are playing (& believe me I recognize that there has been some amazing play to this point) we need to take it to the next level as a group.

It's not about blame, it's not about the last play, it's not about 1-0...... it's about the next play.

ChampionTexan
10-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Agree to disagree.

He needs help. He needs to ask for help. He needs to tell them what he's trying to do (win a Super Bowl) & he can't do it without them.

He needs his recievers to try a little bit harder to catch those balls, run those routes. He needs his OL to hold for one more second. He needs his RBs to break one more tackle & he needs his defense to make one more stand.

He's not perfect. He needs to put that on the table, own up to his flaws, but re-affirm to them that if they work together they can win (I believe it). As hard as each one of them thinks they are playing (& believe me I recognize that there has been some amazing play to this point) we need to take it to the next level as a group.

It's not about blame, it's not about the last play, it's not about 1-0...... it's about the next play.

Nope - Matt's the one who needs to be talked to, not the one who needs to be talking. The other stuff you mentioned is the equivalent of keeping a cars tire pressure correct and oil changed when in fact you need major transmission repairs.

Texan_Bill
10-01-2013, 09:16 AM
The only meeting I want to see is one in which Schaub walks into a room and his career as a texan gets whacked out like tommy in goodfellas.

Hey now, Tommy got it much better than Dominic and Nicky did in Casino.

ATXtexanfan
10-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Nope - Matt's the one who needs to be talked to, not the one who needs to be talking. The other stuff you mentioned is the equivalent of keeping a cars tire pressure correct and oil changed when in fact you need major transmission repairs.

Indeed

HOU-TEX
10-01-2013, 11:38 AM
i cant believe you are blaming the receivers for schaub's accuracy problems.

first it was the offensive line, then the coaching, then its the we need another receiver, now that he's got his second receiver in hopkins, its they need to catch the ball better and run better routes.

you schaub apologists make me sick.

Maybe you ought to get a feel for members of the board before you begin calling people out, no?

TK is a different kinda cat, but a good cat. lol

Texan_Bill
10-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Maybe you ought to get a feel for members of the board before you begin calling people out, no?

TK is a different kinda cat, but a good cat. lol

Keyboard courage! :kitten:

HOU-TEX
10-01-2013, 11:45 AM
so he's not a schaub apologist?

That's my point. Hang out a while, get a feel for peeps before ripping them

thunderkyss
10-01-2013, 12:22 PM
i cant believe you are blaming the receivers for schaub's accuracy problems.

first it was the offensive line, then the coaching, then its the we need another receiver, now that he's got his second receiver in hopkins, its they need to catch the ball better and run better routes.

you schaub apologists make me sick.

I am not a Schaubapololgist.... no matter how many of my posts you quote of me apologizing for Schaub will make me a Schaub apologist.

I'm a Schaub anti-hater...

and if your reading comprehension was as good as you'd like for us to believe, I did not blame the receivers or anyone for Schaub's inadequacies.

I'm saying Schaub should own up to them & ask his team mates for help.

Porky
10-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Having a meeting won't fix this QB. You can't fix physical and mental flaws with a meeting. Talking won't take back a LisFranc injury. It won't make him stop making ill-advised passes. It won't turn him into Payton Manning. Talking won't make him challenge the deeper routes and stretch the field - because he can't. And that allows these corners and safety's to sit on these short routes because that's about all he has. His greatest asset his is understanding of the offense. Outside of that, he is subpar virtually everywhere else in his game at this point.

As a fan, I'm pretty much hopeless at this point. I think we have a very good team with one huge missing piece. It's like having a trophy wife who refuses to have sex with you. It's all for show and looks good to everyone, but there is no payoff at the end of the night.

:worldpeace:

Allegra
10-01-2013, 03:57 PM

That boneheaded penalty was about as badly timed as one can get.

hradhak
10-01-2013, 03:59 PM
I'm not sure anyone can say Schaub is blameless in the September collapse. He has played well at times and downright Carr-esque at other times.

That said, his receivers have dropped balls and the O line has played like garbage. Everyone needs to get better, Schaub most of all. Deficiencies can be masked when you have the rest of the team step up.

busterspencer
10-01-2013, 04:01 PM
they need to strip the c off of schaub's jersey & kick him out of the meeting.

The remaining captains then need to go to kubiak, tell him they'll die for him, play hard for him, won't give up on schaub if he says the texans aren't going to give up on schaub... But they need some help. They want to win the super bowl, they feel they're close... They feel kubiak can put together a game plan to take them all the way, even having to compensate for the shortcomings of yates/keenum.... But something's wrong with schaub & they don't want to squander their opportunity trying to figure it out.

amen

axman40
10-01-2013, 04:03 PM
time to call Saul
Schaub needs to go to Belize?
:kitten:

BullNation4Life
10-01-2013, 04:24 PM
They need to get Schaub in a dark corner and give him one of these...

http://rebelliousqi.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/theshocker.jpg

Maybe THAT will wake his ass up...Literally and figuratively...

thunderkyss
10-01-2013, 05:36 PM
so in other words you're a schaub apologist.

you keep on trying to dance around the subject. just come out of the closet already. You basically outed yourself and admitted that you have plenty of historical posts defending schaub.

You want to pretend to be "cool" or "hip" by moving the goal posts and rationalizing your schaub love as "Im a schaub anti hater."

sorry not gonna work.

i see right through you.

Tell me Schaub's a great QB & I'll argue the point.

Tell me Schaub's the worst starting QB in the league & I'll argue the point.

Tell me Schaub has done nothing to make anyone believe he can win a Super Bowl & I'll agree with you.

Tell me Flacco is a better QB & I'll argue the point.

I believe Arian can be a beast. I believe Andre can still beast out. I believe we've got a beast of a defense. I believe we've got some pretty good role players on both sides of the ball.

I think Matt Schaub is one of those role players. I think Tj Yates could probably be that role player. I think Case Keenum could probably be that role player. Matt Schaub is that role player.

But I'm not a Schaub apologist. NO matter how many of my posts you see me apologizing for Schaub. You just caught me at a bad time. Back when "everybody" thought he was the best thing since sliced bread you may have mistaken me for a Schaub-hater. I've got no love for the man, only the colors he wears on Sunday. I do not hate him either, not his fault he's got two left feet.

Wolf
10-01-2013, 09:09 PM
And a players only meeting happened
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Owen-Daniels-Garrett-Graham-react-to-players-meeting/2083d843-6cc9-4ace-9a3a-512d83853616

CretorFrigg
10-01-2013, 09:48 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Owen-Daniels-Garrett-Graham-react-to-players-meeting/2083d843-6cc9-4ace-9a3a-512d83853616

Arian reads this board.

thunderkyss
10-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Arian reads this board.

Nah... this team is just so predictable.

ArlingtonTexan
10-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Arian reads this board.

Remember his mother did actually read and post on this board.

Rey
10-02-2013, 09:10 AM
[url]http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Owen-Daniels-Garrett-Graham-react-to-players-meeting/2083d843-6cc9-4ace-9a3a-512d83853616

I'm not a huge fan of players only meetings. They normally mean it's desperation mode, but I think this one was well timed. The record isn't terrible and they've played some good ball overall.

Pure conjecture here, but I think this meeting was about unity. I've heard that some guys on the team have privately expressed frustrations. Some guys probably weren't too thrilled with some things that were going on. Guys spoke up, aired it out. Decided that the only way to be successful was if they stayed unified.

I think this was more preventative than anything.

Texan_Bill
10-02-2013, 09:23 AM
Remember his mother did actually read and post on this board.

Yes... Yes she did.

I'm not a huge fan of players only meetings. They normally mean it's desperation mode, but I think this one was well timed. The record isn't terrible and they've played some good ball overall.

Pure conjecture here, but I think this meeting was about unity. I've heard that some guys on the team have privately expressed frustrations. Some guys probably weren't too thrilled with some things that were going on. Guys spoke up, aired it out. Decided that the only way to be successful was if they stayed unified.

I think this was more preventative than anything.

I agree with you Rey. I'm not a big fan of players only meetings but this was probably a good spot for one.

2012Champs
10-02-2013, 09:26 AM
so in other words you're a schaub apologist.

you keep on trying to dance around the subject. just come out of the closet already. You basically outed yourself and admitted that you have plenty of historical posts defending schaub.

You want to pretend to be "cool" or "hip" by moving the goal posts and rationalizing your schaub love as "Im a schaub anti hater."

sorry not gonna work.

i see right through you.

And you are a Case nut hugger

I see right through you too

gwallaia
10-02-2013, 11:03 AM
They need to get Schaub in a dark corner and give him one of these...

http://rebelliousqi.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/theshocker.jpg

Maybe THAT will wake his ass up...Literally and figuratively...

This post made me think of that scene in "Full Metal Jacket" where all the guys beat the hell out of Private Pyle with socks full of soap. That's what Matt needs, a good sock beating.

Texan_Bill
10-02-2013, 11:04 AM
This post made me think of that scene in "Full Metal Jacket" where all the guys beat the hell out of Private Pyle with socks full of soap. That's what Matt needs, a good sock beating.

We called those "blanket parties"! ;)

CloakNNNdagger
10-04-2013, 08:26 PM
This meeting was to display a show of unshakeable strength and unity. The last time the team decided on a show of strength and unity..............

http://wp.streetwise.co/wp-content/uploads//2013/07/houston-texans-letterman-jacket.jpg

.........it didn't turn out so well...............

Texan_Bill
10-04-2013, 08:31 PM
This meeting was to display a show of unshakeable strength and unity. The last time the team decided on a show of strength and unity..............

http://wp.streetwise.co/wp-content/uploads//2013/07/houston-texans-letterman-jacket.jpg

Thanks Doc for that brilliant assessment!! You went to school for how many years to come up with this??? :kitten:

;)

CloakNNNdagger
10-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Thanks Doc for that brilliant assessment!! You went to school for how many years to come up with this??? :kitten:

;)

Skipped 3rd grade........dang, that must be the problem.:gun:

thunderkyss
10-04-2013, 10:00 PM
I regularly listen to Koch&Kalu. They both believe team meetings are useless & that it was premature to call a team meeting at 2-2.

I think differently. First, I'd much rather they call a team meeting before they get to a 3 game losing streak, not after. Secondly, we've seen flashes of greatness & flashes of some pretty poor play. With a little, a little more effort they could be 4-0. A little less effort (again, a little) they could be 0-4.

This is the perfect time to talk about it. For the leaders to commit to each other, for the role players to commit to each other, for everyone to commit to everyone. For Antonio, Manning, & Reed to tell them where they've been, what they've seen, what it takes to get to the Super Bowl...... Reed can tell them that the Ravens weren't much different, they weren't perfect, they made mistakes.

But it's not about mistakes. It's about effort.

If you're thinking about mistakes, you're thinking about the last play, or the play before that, or the possession before the last. When you're focused on effort, your thinking about the next play. You're thinking about being the best you can be on the next play, trusting that your team mates will be the best they can be on the next play...... then all you've got to do, is your job.

Simple.

HJam72
10-05-2013, 11:55 AM
I'm committed! :koolaid:

Wait, you di'n't mean me did ya? :kitten:

htownfan32
10-05-2013, 12:05 PM

Wasn't this all Barwin's handiwork?

CloakNNNdagger
10-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Wasn't this all Barwin's handiwork?

Barwin and Cody...........but all the big boys touted their adoration for the idea.

BULL-SHIRTS DELIVERS HOUSTON TEXANS LETTERMAN JACKET SENSATION (http://www.bull-shirts.com/BULL-SHIRTS-DELIVERS-HOUSTON-TEXANS-LETTERMAN-JACKET-SENSATION)

When Houston Texans Shaun Cody and Connor Barwin decided that custom letterman jackets would be a great way to demonstrate team unity, they had plenty of vendor choices. When they needed 70 jackets done by the Monday Night Football contest against New England just a few short weeks away, the team's Equipment Director Jay Brunetti knew there was only one choice for the speed and quality they needed.

Defensive End J.J. Watt , a leader in the race for NFL defensive player of the year, loved the jackets and what they stand for. “I think this is really cool. I think it shows a lot about our team and the chemistry that we have, and the guys in this locker room really care about each other and I think these jackets are a great way to signify that. We’re really proud to have ‘em, and we’re excited to wear ‘em,” Watt said.

Quarterback Matt Schaub liked the message the jackets put forward. I think they’re awesome. I think it’s a really good idea that Connor and Shaun came up with as far as camaraderie amongst the guys and feeling a brotherhood," he said.

CloakNNNdagger
10-05-2013, 02:34 PM
What bothers me is that both the letterman jackets and this particular meeting seem to have been more for "show." Too much attention to interviews and statements by the players for "public consumption." In my opinion, if this were done solely for the benefit of the players, all of this could and should have been done and kept behind closed doors.

GoCoogs
10-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Ever since they donned those Letterman jackets this team hasn't been the same. Those jackets deserved burning more than Schaub's jersey.

waynegg
10-05-2013, 11:39 PM
We called those "blanket parties"! ;)

Nah. A blanket party is where you throw one of those lousy State wool blankets over someone, tie it at their ankles and beat them unconscious with whatever you got.

The soap in a sock deal is a dry shower

And Limp Biscuit ain't a band... I would expect Schaub to purposely lose that one too...

CloakNNNdagger
10-06-2013, 10:53 AM
I have my serious doubts that most of the team truly remains confident in Schaub. When you are truly confident in someone, you don't usually have to scream it from the tallest tower.

Tailgate
10-06-2013, 11:00 AM
What bothers me is that both the letterman jackets and this particular meeting seem to have been more for "show." Too much attention to interviews and statements by the players for "public consumption." In my opinion, if this were done solely for the benefit of the players, all of this could and should have been done and kept behind closed doors.

So you believe that the meeting was put together as a show for the media and/or fans? So what was said in the meeting?

CloakNNNdagger
10-06-2013, 11:41 AM
So you believe that the meeting was put together as a show for the media and/or fans? So what was said in the meeting?

It doesn't matter. I can tell you from personal knowledge that "special players' meetings" called because of perceived problems are not unusual........and the public never knows about them. It is obvious that the way this meeting was handled, it was very important to the organization that the message was delivered to the public that "we recognize something is wrong and we are addressing our problems."

Tailgate
10-06-2013, 12:46 PM
It doesn't matter. I can tell you from personal knowledge that "special players' meetings" called because of perceived problems are not unusual........and the public never knows about them. It is obvious that the way this meeting was handled, it was very important to the organization that the message was delivered to the public that "we recognize something is wrong and we are addressing our problems."

I guess? Or maybe it wasn't handled in anyway, nor did anyone care how it "appeared" or if anyone cared to keep it a "secret" or not. You just don't know. Nor do you know what was said in the meeting.

CloakNNNdagger
10-06-2013, 01:00 PM
I guess? Or maybe it wasn't handled in anyway, nor did anyone care how it "appeared" or if anyone cared to keep it a "secret" or not. You just don't know. Nor do you know what was said in the meeting.

Again, I don't think we need to know the specifics. From the comments below, you get a good enough gist of why the meeting was called and what might have been covered.

Just one day after the Texans 23-20 overtime loss to Seattle, Arian Foster called a players-only meeting to regroup. Tight ends Owen Daniels and Garrett Graham shared their thoughts on Tuesday’s Verizon Players radio show.

“It was good,” Graham said. “It was good to get some things out in the open there and kind of get everybody on the same page. We had a few guys talk. I think Arian called the meeting up and people said what needed to be said. It was good to all get on the same page, just know that we are all going forward as a team and just looking forward to playing San Francisco and all getting on the same mindset.”

Daniels, who did not give the specifics of what was said behind closed doors, said the purpose of the meeting was to help everyone gain perspective from the previous losses and learn from them.

“Nothing earth-shattering, really,” Daniels said of what was discussed. “It was basically just the leaders stepping up and putting their two cents in, in what they are seeing and what is going on. No one’s freaking out. No one’s panicking. We’ve got our poise. We just want to make sure that we are all doing things the right way and trying to get better and not have this be a loss that affects us as the year goes along.”link (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Owen-Daniels-Garrett-Graham-react-to-players-meeting/2083d843-6cc9-4ace-9a3a-512d83853616)

Tailgate
10-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Again, I don't think we need to know the specifics. From the comments below, you get a good enough gist of why the meeting was called and what might have been covered.

link (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Owen-Daniels-Garrett-Graham-react-to-players-meeting/2083d843-6cc9-4ace-9a3a-512d83853616)

Mountain out of a molehill imo

thunderkyss
10-06-2013, 02:13 PM
I have my serious doubts that most of the team truly remains confident in Schaub. When you are truly confident in someone, you don't usually have to scream it from the tallest tower.

Unless the media keeps asking.

dickieb
10-07-2013, 01:30 PM

You were right, lol!

clutch
10-07-2013, 02:17 PM
They should have 2 meetings this week..then maybe schaub will throw 2 pick 6s...with 6 picks..

TheRealJoker
10-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Lets NEVER have a players only meeting again!

welsh texan
10-08-2013, 04:20 PM
I do worry that some of the locker room leaders on this team tend to get ahead of themselves and chase publicity at inoppertune moments.

You look at the letterman jackets quotes above and you think, this team decided amongst themselves to make a show of their success before they'd actually achieved anything real, #1 power ranking was the celebration wasn't it that time??

This time, a behind closed doors players only meeting spread all over the back pages for what reason? To proclaim to the media that they had sorted the problem amongs themselves. Except then they go and make the same mistakes all over again.

Win a championship before you buy the t-shirt, hold your secret meeting in secret and actually get your **** sorted before making a big show about how you've got it sorted if you haven't.