PDA

View Full Version : The problem with this team

Texanmike02
09-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Actually, the entire team lost this game. The defense gave up 30 yards in over time on penalties. Game changing penalties.

Schaub threw a bonheaded pass that was returned for 6.

The offensive line (Wade Smith, I'm looking at YOU) was dominated in the second half.

The receivers had several drops (Foster with one, Keyshawn Martin, even AJ had a drop he should have caught).

This team is what it is. Undisciplined. It reminds me of the cowboys several years ago. You can blame the QB, you can blame special teams, you can blame the defense but I honestly think this starts and stops with the HC. I don't know what happened but we completely lack discipline. I've been behind Kubiak most of the time but this is getting ridiculous.

I still believe that Schaub is the QB we need but Kubiak needs to man up and bench him for a half. There was a time when we had a young upstart RB that was clearly the best on our team, he missed a meeting and he was benched for the first half.

I remember when the Ninja used to get offsides penalties, I was always ok with them because they were in the field of play and it was him trying to get an advantage but the penalties that we saw today, the horse collar and the body slam are both dead ball fouls. Either wade needs to sit somebody or Kubiak needs to do it.

The focus will be on Schaub's play but he isn't the real problem. His mistake comes in the field of play and it isn't a matter of discipline (you could make the argument that it is) but the other two penalties? They are AFTER you already made the play.

If you will sit Tate for a turnover then you should be sitting your defenders getting 15 yard personal fouls AFTER the play is over. At this point, I would be ok with sitting Schaub for a game. Somebody please send the message that lack of discipline is not acceptable. This team is too talented to be plagued with cowboys type mistakes. That is what we do every game. Fix it Gary or Bob needs to find someone who will.

Mike

amazing80
09-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Defense gives up 13 points and we have another thread saying they are part of the problem....get real...in what world do defenses pitch shut outs every week? They dont....they will give up drives, points and get penalties sometimes, but they are clearly holding up their end of the bargain on this team....

Accusing anyone other than the offense (mainly Schaub) is naive and being a homer...

oh on another note, Trindon just ran ANOTHER pr back....good thing we got rid of him :wadepalm:

DX-TEX
09-29-2013, 03:51 PM
We were up 20-3! 20-3! We lost 23-20. That is not on the defense. Quit being a ****ing apologist!

PockyAF
09-29-2013, 03:51 PM
I still believe that Schaub is the QB we need

Stopped reading here

Senile at 35 years old.. jeez

cstyle42
09-29-2013, 03:52 PM
It's Matt Schaub MAAAAAATTTTTT SCCCHHAAUUUB!!!!! How many times is he going to have to screw up for everyone to see???

Texanmike02
09-29-2013, 03:53 PM
Stopped reading here

Senile at 35 years old.. jeez

Not surprised you stopped reading. I wasn't talking about race.

Mike

tedr
Other people besides Schaub did make bonehead plays, but it starts with him. Three games in a row with a pick six- totally unacceptable. He needs to be benched.

Even thought the D played well most of the game, they made too many mistakes. That penalty by Kareem was inexcusable.

When a team with as supposedly as much talent as the Texans have is up 17 points at half at home, they should never lose. The fact they did says a lot about the coaching as well.

MEGA SWATT
We go nowhere with ms

DX-TEX
09-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Not surprised you stopped reading. I wasn't talking about race.

Mike

But he is right. You are being a damn apologist. I can respect fandom but you have too see what EVRYONE else sees!

PapaL
09-29-2013, 03:55 PM
We go nowhere with ms

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/images/content/pagebuilder/ILD_Race_to_Stop_MS_logo_300_x_225.jpg

Wolf
09-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Castrated bulls on parade

EllisUnit
09-29-2013, 03:57 PM
Actually, the entire team lost this game. The defense gave up 30 yards in over time on penalties. Game changing penalties.

The offensive line (Wade Smith, I'm looking at YOU) was dominated in the second half.

The receivers had several drops (Foster with one, Keyshawn Martin, even AJ had a drop he should have caught).

This team is what it is. Undisciplined. It reminds me of the cowboys several years ago. You can blame the QB, you can blame special teams, you can blame the defense but I honestly think this starts and stops with the HC. I don't know what happened but we completely lack discipline. I've been behind Kubiak most of the time but this is getting ridiculous.

I still believe that Schaub is the QB we need but Kubiak needs to man up and bench him for a half. There was a time when we had a young upstart RB that was clearly the best on our team, he missed a meeting and he was benched for the first half.

I remember when the Ninja used to get offsides penalties, I was always ok with them because they were in the field of play and it was him trying to get an advantage but the penalties that we saw today, the horse collar and the body slam are both dead ball fouls. Either wade needs to sit somebody or Kubiak needs to do it.

The focus will be on Schaub's play but he isn't the real problem. His mistake comes in the field of play and it isn't a matter of discipline (you could make the argument that it is) but the other two penalties? They are AFTER you already made the play.

If you will sit Tate for a turnover then you should be sitting your defenders getting 15 yard personal fouls AFTER the play is over. At this point, I would be ok with sitting Schaub for a game. Somebody please send the message that lack of discipline is not acceptable. This team is too talented to be plagued with cowboys type mistakes. That is what we do every game. Fix it Gary or Bob needs to find someone who will.

Mike

Pretty sure Schaub put the Defense in that position to make them penalties. We should of never been in that position but "why" were we ? Who let them tie the game ? Not Kubiak or the defense.

Rey
09-29-2013, 03:59 PM
There's bad takes and then there is this.

Rey
09-29-2013, 04:01 PM
He wants to sit defenders for penalties, but says nothing about the qb that has spotted the other team points in every game this year.

CretorFrigg
09-29-2013, 04:02 PM
The problem with this team is Gary Kubiak. It all boils down to him.

JCTexan
09-29-2013, 04:02 PM
The problem with this team? Matt Schaub. He has thrown three pick-6's already this season...

Texanmike02
09-29-2013, 04:22 PM
But he is right. You are being a damn apologist. I can respect fandom but you have too see what EVRYONE else sees!

No, I'm not an emotional fan and I'm looking beyond the obvious.

Schaub's play is evidence of a lack of discipline. So is Tate's. So was KJ's. So was Sharpton's. It doesn't matter who you bring in here, if you don't fix the lack of discipline on this team you won't win anything. Look at the last decade of Cowpies play. Nobody can argue that they haven't had the talent to be a factor in January but they have played undisciplined football basically since Jimmy Johnson left.

This team displays the same tendencies. On our last offensive drive look at the sack that Schaub took at the 45. Smith gets sloppy with his footwork, extends his arms and gets rolled. Look at KJ. Great play. Lacks discipline. Sharpton? That play is a lack of discipline. Tate fumbling? Lack of discipline.

This team lacks accountability and discipline. Schaubs problems aren't that he is incapable, they are that he isn't disciplined. The OL isn't disciplined either. The defense has killed us multiple times with boneheaded penalties.

I get it that you want somebodies head but I'm telling you that if you bring in any QB that isn't elite (ie not named Peyton, Brady Aaron) and put them into the culture of this team you don't get anything different than you have right now.

Call me an apologist, I don't care. I will never tell you that this team is a SB caliber team and I will probably never tell you that you can put it all on one person. If someone is looking for the easy "analysis" or the head to put on a pole, I probably won't give them that. I want to know why we are losing, not find someone to ***** about. I don't care about names, I don't care about numbers I want to get to the root cause. The common denominators in all of the negative plays was discipline or lack thereof.

I don't want to see what "everyone else sees" because that's usually wrong.

Mike

EllisUnit
09-29-2013, 04:25 PM
No, I'm not an emotional fan and I'm looking beyond the obvious.

Schaub's play is evidence of a lack of discipline. So is Tate's. So was KJ's. So was Sharpton's. It doesn't matter who you bring in here, if you don't fix the lack of discipline on this team you won't win anything. Look at the last decade of Cowpies play. Nobody can argue that they haven't had the talent to be a factor in January but they have played undisciplined football basically since Jimmy Johnson left.

This team displays the same tendencies. On our last offensive drive look at the sack that Schaub took at the 45. Smith gets sloppy with his footwork, extends his arms and gets rolled. Look at KJ. Great play. Lacks discipline. Sharpton? That play is a lack of discipline. Tate fumbling? Lack of discipline.

This team lacks accountability and discipline. Schaubs problems aren't that he is incapable, they are that he isn't disciplined. The OL isn't disciplined either. The defense has killed us multiple times with boneheaded penalties.

I get it that you want somebodies head but I'm telling you that if you bring in any QB that isn't elite (ie not named Peyton, Brady Aaron) and put them into the culture of this team you don't get anything different than you have right now.

Call me an apologist, I don't care. I will never tell you that this team is a SB caliber team and I will probably never tell you that you can put it all on one person. If someone is looking for the easy "analysis" or the head to put on a pole, I probably won't give them that. I want to know why we are losing, not find someone to ***** about. I don't care about names, I don't care about numbers I want to get to the root cause. The common denominators in all of the negative plays was discipline or lack thereof.

I don't want to see what "everyone else sees" because that's usually wrong.

Mike

If discipline is the main problem with this team, then Schaub is the least discilined of all, and thats not good since he is the "leader" right.

Pantherstang84
09-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Kubiak is going into his full, "It's my fault." routine. I think we should take him at his word.

Texanmike02
09-29-2013, 04:31 PM
If discipline is the main problem with this team, then Schaub is the least discilined of all, and thats not good since he is the "leader" right.

The leader needs to be the HC. Honestly if you change the QB I don't think you change the situation. The problem is the culture of the locker room. I don't think you sit Schaub because he's "Not the answer", you sit him because "unacceptable play has consequences".

Schaub isn't the least disciplined player on the team, the entire team is undisciplined.

Mike

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 04:32 PM

Mike

I believe Kubiak blamed himself last season for the team playing so "tight" last season. There was a time there in December where he kept saying he wanted the guys to play loose, to let hang out, to have fun. & I believed that was part of the "big picture" problem with this team. Every game was the biggest game in Texans history & every win was going to say something about this football team.

Now... maybe they're a little too loose. I don't know. But whatever it is, they need to figure it out.

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 04:34 PM
He wants to sit defenders for penalties, but says nothing about the qb that has spotted the other team points in every game this year.

I think he said we needed to bench the QB.

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 04:35 PM
The problem with this team? Matt Schaub. He has thrown three pick-6's already this season...

He's thrown 6 interceptions in 4 games.

JCTexan
09-29-2013, 04:43 PM
He's thrown 6 interceptions in 4 games.

Which is terrible! His three pick-6's were game changing plays. Against Tennessee the pick-6 came late in the 4th Quarter down 1. The pick last week in Baltimore was the start to the tide turning. This week was the worst one. Throwing a prayer when you have a seven point lead is unacceptable. He should have ate the ball and taken the sack. Let the defense win the game...

Rey
09-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Root cause my ass.

You're looking for a cause other than the qb.

Every team makes mistakes. Not every team had a qb throwing the other team TDs every week.

bayoudreamn
09-29-2013, 04:56 PM

Mike

The problem with your argument is that you take Matt Schaub's mistakes and compare them with the total team mistakes. Show me ONE player who made more crucial mistakes than Matt Schaub today. Everyone makes mistakes, but Schaub makes multiple mistakes, crucial mistakes, bone headed mistakes, repetitive mistakes....

Seegara
09-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Kareem Jackson needs to be fined four hundred million dollars.

bayoudreamn
09-29-2013, 04:58 PM
Which is terrible! His three pick-6's were game changing plays. Against Tennessee the pick-6 came late in the 4th Quarter down 1. The pick last week in Baltimore was the start to the tide turning. This week was the worst one. Throwing a prayer when you have a seven point lead is unacceptable. He should have ate the ball and taken the sack. Let the defense win the game...

Agreed, put the game in the hands of the unit that has earned that trust. The defense did everything one could expect in the first half and enough in the second half to win the game. They've done that every week. Schaub keeps losing the game for the team every week. He is a cancer!!

Hervoyel
09-29-2013, 05:02 PM
Root cause my ass.

You're looking for a cause other than the qb.

Every team makes mistakes. Not every team had a qb throwing the other team TDs every week.

It's not just the picks going back for TD's. It's the way he completely shuts down in the face of pressure. He can't do anything about it. He can't make the other team pay for blitzing him because he has no legs and he has no vision. As soon as the pressure gets close he does this panicky confused "thing" that either puts him on the ground like an abused dog trying to cover up or he tries to flutter the ball to somebody nowhere near the marker we need to get to or... he tries to wing it out of bounds.

When Wilson was flushed out of the pocket he made us pay. I've seen Locker do it, Rivers do it, and now Wilson ripped us a new one doing it. Even Flacco had enough pocket awareness to sidestep and buy some time.

Matt Schaub can do none of that and he's getting worse as time goes by.

fiasco west
09-29-2013, 05:02 PM
Kareem Jackson needs to be fined four hundred million dollars.

Roger Goodell needs to be replaced for making this such a sissy league. I really don't have a problem with what Kareem did. Unlikely he heard the whistle and he was just playing till the end of the whistle. In that situation EVERY yard counts and he was driving the WR back and making sure he goes down.

It's the NFL and it's BS safety rules that made the refs call that.

Mr teX
09-29-2013, 05:03 PM
Agreed, put the game in the hands of the unit that has earned that trust. The defense did everything one could expect in the first half and enough in the second half to win the game. They've done that every week. Schaub keeps losing the game for the team every week. He is a cancer!!

No....no they haven't. This team can only play in halves. When 1 side has it going the other doesn't..... and they never play a full game....

Porky
09-29-2013, 05:06 PM
How Mike is still wanting to roll with MS is beyond comprehension. This is football in 2013 - in this game and in this era it begins and ends with the QB. We don't have one.

Put Manning on this team, and we would be 4-0 and steamrolling teams with this defense. We would be wrecking shop and the AFC SB favorite by far. We might even be talking about an undefeated season. He wouldn't wait until late in the 4th to target Hopkins I can assure you. He knows how to spread the ball around and use all of his weapons. While Manning is slower than hell too, the rest of his game and especially the mental part, is so sharp that it really doesn't matter with him.

I bring up Manning because he wanted to come here. Instead, this regime tied it's stock to MS. A rising tide lifts all boats. A sinking MS sinks everyone including this regime.

It's time for a change. I might keep Rick Smith, but I would remove all coaches and try to get the new one to retain Wade Smith as DC if possible and draft or sign a different QB. And BTW, I would not elevate WS. He needs to be the DC. He sucks as a HC.

JCTexan
09-29-2013, 05:11 PM
When Wilson was flushed out of the pocket he made us pay. I've seen Locker do it, Rivers do it, and now Wilson ripped us a new one doing it. Even Flacco had enough pocket awareness to sidestep and buy some time.

Wilson didn't do crap today. He had one drive that resulted in 7 points in the 4th Quarter. Other than that he didn't do anything worth mentioning all day. Tate's fumble cost us 3 points, Matt Schaub's pick-6 cost us 7. Joseph's penalty on Seattle's opening drive resulted in another 3 (that was the only positive play that drive for Seattle). Kareem Jackson's boneheaded play in OT cost Houston another 3. Wilson didn't do anything to win this game for Seattle.

SchaubApologist
09-29-2013, 05:13 PM
The leader needs to be the HC. Honestly if you change the QB I don't think you change the situation. The problem is the culture of the locker room. I don't think you sit Schaub because he's "Not the answer", you sit him because "unacceptable play has consequences".

Schaub isn't the least disciplined player on the team, the entire team is undisciplined.

Mike

Schaub has thrown pick six's in 3 consecutive games.. And it should be 4.

SchaubApologist

SchaubApologist
09-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Wilson didn't do crap today. He had one drive that resulted in 7 points in the 4th Quarter. Other than that he didn't do anything worth mentioning all day. Tate's fumble cost us 3 points, Matt Schaub's pick-6 cost us 7. Joseph's penalty on Seattle's opening drive resulted in another 3 (that was the only positive play that drive for Seattle). Kareem Jackson's boneheaded play in OT cost Houston another 3. Wilson didn't do anything to win this game for Seattle.

He didn't throw a pick 6

ziggy29
09-29-2013, 05:15 PM
Wilson didn't do anything to win this game for Seattle.
I saw him get yards out of pressure several times and each time I thought, "it must be nice to have a QB that can tuck it in and get yards under pressure." Hell, who can do ANYTHING under pressure better than Schaub, where best-case is usually an incomplete pass (when he has the presence of mind to throw it away instead of take a sack or throw a floater into coverage).

And here's what Wilson *did* do: Nothing that would cost them the game. Not like a certain QB with 10 INTs in his last 7 games, 6 INTs in 4 games this year and three straight games with a pick-six.

Most QBs can do something -- either feel the rush and sidestep it, throw on the run or beat you with their legs. Schaub fails at all three of those. Add to that too many ill-advised passes in the face of a rush and he's simply one of the worst in the league when pressured.

SchaubApologist
5 star thread!!!!!

DX-TEX
He didn't throw a pick 6

And scrambled out when he got pressured.

DocBar
09-29-2013, 05:16 PM
I have no problem with KJ's penalty. If he'd let Tate go and Tate ran for a touchdown, I'd have a problem with that. Tate was continuing to try to get away and KJ body slammed him.

Sharptons horse collar tackle was unfortunate. He's just trying to make a play and grabs the wrong part of the uniform.

BTW, how can either one of those be considered a dead ball play? Both were making tackles. I don't know if the whistle blew on KJ or not but Sharpton's was live. Either way, it's not like they committed stupid personal fouls by getting in a fight or taunting...ala JJo last week.

Schaub is and has been the Achilles Heel for this team. There were at least 4 plays today that almost any other QB in the league could've made something out of. Schaub either assumed the fetal position or threw the ball away. He has no pocket presence or awareness. He took a sack when all he had to do was step up in the pocket. The defender grabbed Schaub's jersey and Schaub just fell over. The man is the same size as Big Ben and the mere hint of pressure causes him to panic and do dumb stuff. The INT's speak for themselves.

I have a hard time laying much blame on a defense that was worn out because the offense couldn't mount a drive and give them a breather. They were flat gassed in the 4th but gave some dang good effort.

Vinny
09-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Wilson didn't do crap today. He had one drive that resulted in 7 points in the 4th Quarter. Other than that he didn't do anything worth mentioning all day. Tate's fumble cost us 3 points, Matt Schaub's pick-6 cost us 7. Joseph's penalty on Seattle's opening drive resulted in another 3 (that was the only positive play that drive for Seattle). Kareem Jackson's boneheaded play in OT cost Houston another 3. Wilson didn't do anything to win this game for Seattle.Wilson got important fist downs when he needed them. "Didn't do crap" was his first half capsule...but not the story of the game.

DocBar
09-29-2013, 05:21 PM
Wilson didn't do crap today. He had one drive that resulted in 7 points in the 4th Quarter. Other than that he didn't do anything worth mentioning all day. Tate's fumble cost us 3 points, Matt Schaub's pick-6 cost us 7. Joseph's penalty on Seattle's opening drive resulted in another 3 (that was the only positive play that drive for Seattle). Kareem Jackson's boneheaded play in OT cost Houston another 3. Wilson didn't do anything to win this game for Seattle.What brand of beer goggles were you wearing during the 4th quarter? Wilson practically willed them to victory by using his legs to either gain yardage or extend plays. He didn't do much in the 1st 3 quarters but he adjusted and made some very good plays. He also didn't do anything to make Seattle lose the game. When the game was tight and on the line, one QB shined and one wilted (as usual).

JCTexan
09-29-2013, 05:22 PM
I have a hard time laying much blame on a defense that was worn out because the offense couldn't mount a drive and give them a breather. They were flat gassed in the 4th but gave some dang good effort.

The Texans defense is legit (at least with Cushing). It's hard to win games when your offense is handing the other team points (10 today).

Premier
09-29-2013, 05:31 PM
the pass rush was effective today but the seahawks were missing 3 starting linemen.. the defense can be really good at times but theyre arent going to be shutdown good. the type of shutdown good you need to hide matt schaubs weaknesses.. we can go up and down all day and place blame on guys on this roster but no positions holds as much weight as the qb. thats why i think he is the weakest link. yea our line could be better, pass rush needs to be better, secondary too. our qb is a liability, were pretenders with matt schaub.. this season was wasted coming into it..

JCTexan
09-29-2013, 05:33 PM
What brand of beer goggles were you wearing during the 4th quarter? Wilson practically willed them to victory by using his legs to either gain yardage or extend plays. He didn't do much in the 1st 3 quarters but he adjusted and made some very good plays. He also didn't do anything to make Seattle lose the game. When the game was tight and on the line, one QB shined and one wilted (as usual).

I mentioned that one drive in the 4th Quarter. Wilson didn't "will" his team to victory IMO. He wasn't even given the option to thanks to Schaub's pick-6. The Texans offense handed Seattle ten points and 6 others came because of Houston penalties (Joseph's in the 1st, Jackson's in OT).

DocBar
09-29-2013, 05:38 PM
I mentioned that one drive in the 4th Quarter. Wilson didn't "will" his team to victory IMO. He wasn't even given the option to thanks to Schaub's pick-6. The Texans offense handed Seattle ten points and 6 others came because of Houston penalties (Joseph's in the 1st, Jackson's in OT).You had the extra thick beer goggles on. Wilson's scrambling made the difference in keeping drives alive in the 4th. You do realize that the pick 6 wasn't the only TD Seattle scored, right? Wilson led them on a 98 yd TD drive.

JCTexan
09-29-2013, 05:49 PM
You had the extra thick beer goggles on. Wilson's scrambling made the difference in keeping drives alive in the 4th. You do realize that the pick 6 wasn't the only TD Seattle scored, right? Wilson led them on a 98 yd TD drive.

Maybe I do, but outside of that one drive Wilson didn't do anything worth mentioning. The Texans offense handing Seattle ten points in the 2nd half wasn't Wilson "willing" his team to victory to me. Houston lost this game in the 2nd half. Wilson did not do enough for me to say he made Houston's defense "pay" today.

Texanmike02
09-29-2013, 06:31 PM
The problem with your argument is that you take Matt Schaub's mistakes and compare them with the total team mistakes. Show me ONE player who made more crucial mistakes than Matt Schaub today. Everyone makes mistakes, but Schaub makes multiple mistakes, crucial mistakes, bone headed mistakes, repetitive mistakes....

Schaub had the ball in his hands on 54 plays and was the focus of the play. I didn't list team failures either Ilisted individual plays. If kareem gets one personal foul for every ten passes thrown his way what's worse? That or Schaubthrowing an into once every 33 plays?

Schaub is graded on every play he makes, the camera is on him. The other players aren't subject to that scrutiny. The sum total is that our team is undisciplined. It doesn'tmatter what you do. Everyone is focusing on Schaub, fine enjoy your sophomoric analysis of the oobvious, but the entire team is undisciplined. Schaubs play, like KJ and Sharpton and jjo llast week... are symptoms of a systemic problem not a problem that will be fixed by replacing any one player.

Mike

EllisUnit
09-29-2013, 06:35 PM
Schaub had the ball in his hands on 54 plays and was the focus of the play. I didn't list team failures either Ilisted individual plays. If kareem gets one personal foul for every ten passes thrown his way what's worse? That or Schaubthrowing an into once every 33 plays?

Schaub is graded on every play he makes, the camera is on him. The other players aren't subject to that scrutiny. The sum total is that our team is undisciplined. It doesn'tmatter what you do. Everyone is focusing on Schaub, fine enjoy your sophomoric analysis of the oobvious, but the entire team is undisciplined. Schaubs play, like KJ and Sharpton and jjo llast week... are symptoms of a systemic problem not a problem that will be fixed by replacing any one player.

Mike

Pretty sure without the pick 6 we dont go into OT where Sharpton gets a horse coller penalty and KJ get a WWE Personal foul.

Rey
09-29-2013, 06:41 PM
We are probably going to be the #1 defense in the league after this week.

amazing80
09-29-2013, 06:43 PM

Yea, but if they held teams to 0 points a game, wed be 4-0 right now, stupid defense :tiphat:

Texanmike02
09-29-2013, 06:51 PM
5 star thread!!!!!

I can only wonder what pu$$y is hiding behind this name.

Mike

Hervoyel
09-29-2013, 06:53 PM

Mike

All I'm asking for is the chance to see the Texans test that hypothesis.

There's nothing sophomoric about pointing out the obvious. Schaub has been doing this same stuff for years.

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 07:02 PM
Yea, but if they held teams to 0 points a game, wed be 4-0 right now, stupid defense :tiphat:

Y'know what...

If we won this game, one of the negatives would have been that we allowed that team to start at the 2 yard line & score a TD.

That should not be acceptable. That should not be considered, "played good enough to win."

We gave up almost 40 yards in OT to penalties. 40 yards to penalties in a situation when a field goal would lose the game..... & did.

This is not me blaming the defense for losing this game, this is another area of the team that needs to be fixed. It would be just like the Houston Texans to fix the offense over the next 10 games to realize, "Hey, we got a problem on defense... "

Just because someone points to some poor play on the defensive side of the ball, does not mean they are giving the offense a pass.

gwallaia
09-29-2013, 07:02 PM
Schaub and Kubiak are what is wrong with this team. Both have a loser's mentality, both are weak and timid. This will be Kubiak's last year as the Texan coach. Schaub will go through the motions the rest of the season and our first pick will have to be QB.

amazing80
09-29-2013, 07:03 PM
Y'know what...

If we won this game, one of the negatives would have been that we allowed that team to start at the 2 yard line & score a TD.

That should not be acceptable. That should not be considered, "played good enough to win."

We gave up almost 40 yards in OT to penalties. 40 yards to penalties in a situation when a field goal would lose the game..... & did.

This is not me blaming the defense for losing this game, this is another area of the team that needs to be fixed. It would be just like the Houston Texans to fix the offense over the next 10 games to realize, "Hey, we got a problem on defense... "

Just because someone points to some poor play on the defensive side of the ball, does not mean they are giving the offense a pass.

If we won that game 20-13 no one here would complain about sheet

gwallaia
09-29-2013, 07:05 PM
If "ifs" and "buts" were fruits and nuts, oh what a Merry Christmas we would have.

PapaL
09-29-2013, 07:12 PM

Mike

Gary Kubiak hahahaha

SchaubApologist
09-29-2013, 07:52 PM

Mike

I agree. We need to replace two. Schaub and Kubiak.

SchaubApologist

SchaubApologist
09-29-2013, 07:55 PM

BUT THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!

WE NEED DISCIPRINE!!!!

Mike

SchaubApologist
09-29-2013, 08:01 PM

Mike

Umm excuse me? You act as if "Texansmike02" is telling of who you are.

Don't be salty because schaub sucks.

SchaubApologist

hradhak
09-29-2013, 08:06 PM
The Texans are the better, more talented team for all put 2 or 3 plays of this game. What infuriates me is a pick 6 should be a rare event and we are seeing it consistently.

What frustrates me more is that all of Schaub's INTs are within 5 yards of the LOS. If we are being conservative and it is still burning us, then why not be aggressive with the playcalls? Why not throw it down field more?

The Seahawks did not win this game. The Texans handed it to them down the stretch. Schaub bears a lot of the blame, but Tate, KJax, Sharpton, and the O line played terrible.

If the team is willing to bench Wade Smith for a drive, and Tate for most of the rest of the game, why not put Schaub on the bench for a half. I don't think we will see it happen, but at some point he needs to be held accountable in some way.

texanhead08
09-29-2013, 08:25 PM
This game was lost because of turnovers. Schaub's picks and Tate's fumble when no one was around him. If you want to say the defense too you could blame them on the td drive because they gave up numerous 3rd down and 2 fourth down conversions on one series.

DocBar
09-29-2013, 08:38 PM
This game was lost because of turnovers. Schaub's picks and Tate's fumble when no one was around him. If you want to say the defense too you could blame them on the td drive because they gave up numerous 3rd down and 2 fourth down conversions on one series.How do you figure Tate fumbled when no one was around him? A defender knocked the ball out from his right side. Tate had the ball well protected from the guys to his left. The guy that caused the fumble shed Newton's block once Tate was a bit past him and made a good play.

I agree that turnovers played a big role in this loss, just disagree that Tate fumbled with no one around him.

The offenses inability to mount any kind of a sustained drive in the 2nd half cost us this game. Schaub wilting under pressure was a major part of that.
The OL could play better but Schaub just cannot handle pressure of any sort. He flashes some ability to cope every now and then but he's much, much more likely to stumble than rise to the occasion.

Something I've been noticing for some time with Schaub is that he also lacks good downfield vision. Either that or he's locked onto his 1st reads. He routinely misses open receivers while either throwing the ball into tight coverage or throwing the ball away. Don't know why I never brought this up before.

EllisUnit
09-29-2013, 08:50 PM

SchaubApologist

Case keenum is that you ? For what its worth i want u to start...

tedr
09-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Schaub and Kubiak are what is wrong with this team. Both have a loser's mentality, both are weak and timid. This will be Kubiak's last year as the Texan coach. Schaub will go through the motions the rest of the season and our first pick will have to be QB.

Unfortunately, I doubt anything changes with the QB as long as Kubiak is here...he has a lot of time (and the Texans have a lot of money) invested in Schaub, and I think Kubiak honestly thinks Schaub can still take him to the promised land. My question is this: has there ever been a coach-QB combination with this much experience with the same team (coach 8 years, QB 7 years) with as little success? And by success I mean playoff wins. To me, that's the ultimate measuring stick.

TexanBacker93
09-29-2013, 09:00 PM

He can't put blame on Schaub. That's his guy and if he isn't the answer then it will be apparent to McNair (hopefully) that Kubiak isn't the answer either.

Are we a better team than we were in the 2-14 season? Yes.
Do we have a more talented roster than we did during that season? Yes.
Do we have as much talent as any team in the league? I think so. We are at least in the top echelon with the glaring exception of QB.

I don't think the coaching has improved from Kubiak to Capers. He might be better, but he has more talent to work with. Rick Smith has given good players for Kubiak to work with, but we underachieve.

The blame lies entirely at the doorstep of Gary Kubiak. He might be a great guy. He might be the kind of coach players respect because he won't throw them under the bus. That doesn't always translate into success. He's been here long enough and we know where the ceiling lies with Kubiak as Head Coach. It's the divisional round of the playoffs.

It's not good enough for the fans. It better not be good enough for the players. I hope it's not good enough for the man who makes the decisions.

SchaubApologist
09-29-2013, 09:00 PM
Case keenum is that you ? For what its worth i want u to start...

I promise I won't go into a fetal position when faced with a pass rush. :tiphat:

hradhak
09-29-2013, 09:11 PM
He can't put blame on Schaub. That's his guy and if he isn't the answer then it will be apparent to McNair (hopefully) that Kubiak isn't the answer either.

Are we a better team than we were in the 2-14 season? Yes.
Do we have a more talented roster than we did during that season? Yes.
Do we have as much talent as any team in the league? I think so. We are at least in the top echelon with the glaring exception of QB.

I don't think the coaching has improved from Kubiak to Capers. He might be better, but he has more talent to work with. Rick Smith has given good players for Kubiak to work with, but we underachieve.

The blame lies entirely at the doorstep of Gary Kubiak. He might be a great guy. He might be the kind of coach players respect because he won't throw them under the bus. That doesn't always translate into success. He's been here long enough and we know where the ceiling lies with Kubiak as Head Coach. It's the divisional round of the playoffs.

It's not good enough for the fans. It better not be good enough for the players. I hope it's not good enough for the man who makes the decisions.

My question would be is it because of Schaub that Kubiak has shown his ceiling? Our team has more talent IMO than any other team in the NFL. That is an indication of a good front office.

Honestly I think this team would be 4-0 with another QB at the helm. I've had my share of problems with Kubiak over the years, but I really think the issue is with his stubborness with Schaub. It maybe just a what if, but I'd like to see how he would do with a different QB.

Texanmike02
09-29-2013, 10:30 PM

SchaubApologist

I'm the same guy that's been here for the last decade plus. There's no hiding behind my name hell ive met and tailgated with a bunch of people here. No doubt you are some duplicated member hiding behind an alternative name.

Mike

DocBar
09-29-2013, 10:45 PM
I'm the same guy that's been here for the last decade plus. There's no hiding behind my name hell ive met and tailgated with a bunch of people here. No doubt you are some duplicated member hiding behind an alternative name.

Mike

Um....2013-2007 is not a decade plus. Just sayin.....:kitten:

SchaubApologist
09-29-2013, 11:02 PM

Mike

So, you decided to attack me instead of the argument?

That's called Ad Hominem.

Now go and look up that fancy word before I really put you in your place.

:ant:

Texanmike02
09-29-2013, 11:07 PM
Um....2013-2007 is not a decade plus. Just sayin.....:kitten:

Pre-board merger. Those on the old board had to re register. My original join date was circa 2003.

Mike

DocBar
09-29-2013, 11:13 PM
Pre-board merger. Those on the old board had to re register. My original join date was circa 2003.

MikeMine too. Still not a decade plus.

Texanmike02
09-29-2013, 11:19 PM
So, you decided to attack me instead of the argument?

That's called Ad Hominem.

Now go and look up that fancy word before I really put you in your place.

:ant:

You have made no argument. You offer nothing but conjecture and anecdotal evidence. In other words your argument boils down to ipse dixit. If you want a class in "fancy words" I'll be glad to give you one, you just tell me which language you prefer them in.

You can't make a statistical case, you can only make a case based on "feelings" or "eye ball tests".

Here's one "Argumentum ad populum" which seems to be your argument. But you actually haven't made an argument, you've just come in here to be a smart ass, under a second name. Would you like to make a statistical argument that I'm wrong? Go a head. I'll listen. Or break down some film, I'll watch. But otherwise you're just another ignorant fan wanting blood because we lost and you need the simplified explanation of why. There are 30 threads that you can get that in... no need to look deeper than Schaub. Of course Schaub probably won't be benched so your position is neither provable nor disprovable and if you ignore the fact that the Texans rank in the top 3 in penalties and have combined for 512 penalty yards in 4 games, yeah, discipline might be a problem.

Mike

Texanmike02
09-29-2013, 11:22 PM
Mine too. Still not a decade plus.

We're arguing about what a month or two? So a decade? The point is, you know who I am, this isn't some anonymous name. "Schaub-apologist" is almost certainly some other board member (I seriously doubt that somebody showed up and decided that "schaubapologist" was a good name).

Mike

DocBar
09-29-2013, 11:24 PM
You have made no argument. You offer nothing but conjecture and anecdotal evidence. In other words your argument boils down to ipse dixit. If you want a class in "fancy words" I'll be glad to give you one, you just tell me which language you prefer them in.

You can't make a statistical case, you can only make a case based on "feelings" or "eye ball tests".

Here's one "Argumentum ad populum" which seems to be your argument. But you actually haven't made an argument, you've just come in here to be a smart ass, under a second name. Would you like to make a statistical argument that I'm wrong? Go a head. I'll listen. Or break down some film, I'll watch. But otherwise you're just another ignorant fan wanting blood because we lost and you need the simplified explanation of why. There are 30 threads that you can get that in... no need to look deeper than Schaub. Of course Schaub probably won't be benched so your position is neither provable nor disprovable and if you ignore the fact that the Texans rank in the top 3 in penalties and have combined for 512 penalty yards in 4 games, yeah, discipline might be a problem.

MikeSigh....nothing worse than smart people blinded by myopia. Maybe you should change your name to TexanMagoo02.

DocBar
09-29-2013, 11:26 PM
We're arguing about what a month or two? So a decade? The point is, you know who I am, this isn't some anonymous name. "Schaub-apologist" is almost certainly some other board member (I seriously doubt that somebody showed up and decided that "schaubapologist" was a good name).

MikeNo, we are arguing about inaccuracies and exaggeration.

Texanmike02
09-29-2013, 11:28 PM
No, we are arguing about inaccuracies and exaggeration.

OK take the plus off.

Mike

SchaubApologist
09-29-2013, 11:34 PM

Mike

HUH?!?!?!

Schaub is like the 4th QB in the HISTORY of the nfl to throw a pick 6 in three consecutive games.

The most recent pick 6 literally cost us the game.

Go ahead and attempt to come up with excuses/explanations why we lost the past two games. Just know that all the dumb sh!t you spew is logged, and I for one can't wait to throw it in your face when you try to jump ship.

You lose.

DocBar
09-29-2013, 11:34 PM
OK take the plus off.

MikeLOL

Texanmike02
09-29-2013, 11:37 PM
Sigh....nothing worse than smart people blinded by myopia. Maybe you should change your name to TexanMagoo02.

I appreciate the suggestion but I really think you should reconsider the problem here.

There are 3 QBs in the league that can take this team any further than Schaub. Everyone was all over Flacco last week. Did you happen to notice that he threw 5 picks today?

Schaub is a problem but he's not "the problem". And for everyone that wants TJ or Case??? they have both been brought up in the exact same system and culture that Schaub has. Maybe we ought to go get Freeman.

The problem is discipline.

Mike

steelbtexan
09-29-2013, 11:39 PM
Delete

DocBar
09-29-2013, 11:54 PM
I appreciate the suggestion but I really think you should reconsider the problem here.

There are 3 QBs in the league that can take this team any further than Schaub. Everyone was all over Flacco last week. Did you happen to notice that he threw 5 picks today?

Schaub is a problem but he's not "the problem". And for everyone that wants TJ or Case??? they have both been brought up in the exact same system and culture that Schaub has. Maybe we ought to go get Freeman.

MikeYou're just ate the eff up with discipline. They were less than disciplined last week but the penalties today weren't of that variety. The Texans are known for being a fairly well disciplined team as far as penalties go. They have their lapses, but all teams do.

The problem is that we have a QB that can't get his **** together and a coach that won't make a change at that position. Put 1/3 of the starting QB's as the starter for the Texans and we're 3-1 or 4-0. This team could thrive with Tony Homo as the QB, as much as it pains me to say that.

aussie_texan
09-30-2013, 12:06 AM
Delete

you gotta be joking

Texanmike02
09-30-2013, 12:06 AM
You're just ate the eff up with discipline. They were less than disciplined last week but the penalties today weren't of that variety. The Texans are known for being a fairly well disciplined team as far as penalties go. They have their lapses, but all teams do.

The problem is that we have a QB that can't get his **** together and a coach that won't make a change at that position. Put 1/3 of the starting QB's as the starter for the Texans and we're 3-1 or 4-0. This team could thrive with Tony Homo as the QB, as much as it pains me to say that.

We are known for being one of the more disciplined teams which is why I am so concerned about us having the 3rd most penalties in the league.

What's funny is that I haven't exempted Schaub from blame like everyone is acting as I have. I have merely made the observation that discipline is lacking in every facet of this team.

Mike

steelbtexan
09-30-2013, 12:12 AM
BoB McNair is the problem.

If he was as good as hiring the people that run the football side of his operation as he is the marketing side the Texans would;ve already had a couple of Lombardi's in the trophy case.

Unfortunately for Texans fans it's going to take something TRAUMATIC (BoB giving up control/Dying) for the Texans to win a Lombardi.

DocBar
09-30-2013, 12:17 AM
We are known for being one of the more disciplined teams which is why I am so concerned about us having the 3rd most penalties in the league.

What's funny is that I haven't exempted Schaub from blame like everyone is acting as I have. I have merely made the observation that discipline is lacking in every facet of this team.

MikeNo, what's funny is that you're posting that every other position is just as important as the QB. The Texaans are losing because the of the consistently bad QB play, not because of a lack of discipline. Most of todays penalties came within the field of play and weren't mental lapses like we saw last week. Most of the mental lapses we've seen this year fall squarely on Schaub's shoulders.

DocBar
09-30-2013, 12:25 AM

If he was as good as hiring the people that run the football side of his operation as he is the marketing side the Texans would;ve already had a couple of Lombardi's in the trophy case.

Unfortunately for Texans fans it's going to take something TRAUMATIC (BoB giving up control/Dying) for the Texans to win a Lombardi.I disagree. I think Smith has been very, very good at acquiring talent. Kubiak has been a good coach. Both seem to be way too loyal. I can understand the loyalty between Smith and Kubiak, but not to Marciano or the bad DC's we've had over the years.

Changing coaching staffs and/or management is a wholesale change that says the whole organization is in disarray. That is not the case with the Texans. They have mediocre OL play, bad QB play and horrible ST's coverage. Every bit of which can be solved with less than wholesale change.

If we change coaching staffs and management now, we'll be in full tilt Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo, St. Louis, Arizona rebuilding mode.

Stick Yates or Keenum in as QB, replace Marciano and march the eff on. The end results will be better than other alternatives.

steelbtexan
09-30-2013, 12:34 AM
I disagree. I think Smith has been very, very good at acquiring talent. Kubiak has been a good coach. Both seem to be way too loyal. I can understand the loyalty between Smith and Kubiak, but not to Marciano or the bad DC's we've had over the years.

Changing coaching staffs and/or management is a wholesale change that says the whole organization is in disarray. That is not the case with the Texans. They have mediocre OL play, bad QB play and horrible ST's coverage. Every bit of which can be solved with less than wholesale change.

If we change coaching staffs and management now, we'll be in full tilt Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo, St. Louis, Arizona rebuilding mode.

Stick Yates or Keenum in as QB, replace Marciano and march the eff on. The end results will be better than other alternatives.

Same argument different yr.

Gary Kubiak HC for life? The staff/GM/ players are all Garys handpicked guyys?

They aren't good enough. When is BoB going to start treating the football side of his operation the same as he treat the marketing side? (Accountability?)

Ultimately this is all on BoB and if his real quest is to win a SB?

BigBull17
09-30-2013, 08:23 AM
As far as discipline, how do you expect people to have some when there is a glaring problem? Tate has a fumble problem, yes, but his first one of the season and he is welded to the bench. Yet, 8 makes such stupid ****ing mistakes every week and he is trotted right back out there. The SD int was whatever, great defensive play. The Tenn, Balt, and Sea pick six are **** you wouldn't expect a JV qb to make. Its ********** pathetic that this droopy faced loser gets away with this **** every god damn year.

GNTLEWOLF
09-30-2013, 08:32 AM
Looks like we all agre there is a huge problem, but can't agree what it is(yes, it is Schaub).
But wait, the stat boys have yet to arrive and prove that we are really 4-0 based on all the great team stats and we really didn't lose, and Schaub is the best QB in the league...Take it away Stat guys...

YeaLikeRightNow
09-30-2013, 08:32 AM
It's our fault we lost the game. We weren't as loud as the Seahawk fans were.

Mr teX
09-30-2013, 08:39 AM
I disagree. I think Smith has been very, very good at acquiring talent. Kubiak has been a good coach. Both seem to be way too loyal. I can understand the loyalty between Smith and Kubiak, but not to Marciano or the bad DC's we've had over the years.

The fact that he likely won't even consider benching Schaub for at least 1 game....the fact that Marciano is still here......the fact that after 8 years we still can't get this team to play a complete 60 minutes.....The fact that we still have questionable playcalling from the offensive guru all speak to why it's time to move on from Kubiak.

& No it doesn't, & no we won't be to the bolded...we've got enough talent here for that not to happen...that wasn't the case when he took over. If we were to bring in a new HC with a new philosophy we'd probably get better game management, more out of the talent that we already have here.....not to mention we'd probably get a new qb to groom as well. Ultimately, that's what all you guys want right?

By getting Kubiak outta here, all it really means is that we've gone as far as we can with this guy & its time to move on. Tony Dungy was let go in TB for largely the same thing. Much easier to replace the HC than it is to get a qb that can take us to the next level.

steelbtexan
09-30-2013, 08:43 AM
As far as discipline, how do you expect people to have some when there is a glaring problem? Tate has a fumble problem, yes, but his first one of the season and he is welded to the bench. Yet, 8 makes such stupid ****ing mistakes every week and he is trotted right back out there. The SD int was whatever, great defensive play. The Tenn, Balt, and Sea pick six are **** you wouldn't expect a JV qb to make. Its ********** pathetic that this droopy faced loser gets away with this **** every god damn year.

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

steelbtexan
09-30-2013, 08:49 AM
The fact that he likely won't even consider benching Schaub for at least 1 game....the fact that Marciano is still here......the fact that after 8 years we still can't get this team to play a complete 60 minutes.....The fact that we still have questionable playcalling from the offensive guru all speak to why it's time to move on from Kubiak.

& No it doesn't, & no we won't be to the bolded...we've got enough talent here for that not to happen...that wasn't the case when he took over. If we were to bring in a new HC with a new philosophy we'd probably get better game management, more out of the talent that we already have here.....not to mention we'd probably get a new qb to groom as well. Ultimately, that's what all you guys want right?

By getting Kubiak outta here, all it really means is that we've gone as far as we can with this guy & its time to move on. Tony Dungy was let go in TB for largely the same thing. Much easier to replace the HC than it is to get a qb that can take us to the next level.

If they had fired Gary after 2010 this wouldn't even be an issue. I cant believe you have officially boarded the fire Gary bandwagon. Better late than never I guess.

Jay Gruden would be a guy I would look at replacing Gary. He runs a version of the WC offense and seems to be good at developing young QB's. Plus he would come alot cheaper than his brother John.

Mr teX
09-30-2013, 09:34 AM
If they had fired Gary after 2010 this wouldn't even be an issue. I cant believe you have officially boarded the fire Gary bandwagon. Better late than never I guess.

Jay Gruden would be a guy I would look at replacing Gary. He runs a version of the WC offense and seems to be good at developing young QB's. Plus he would come alot cheaper than his brother John.

Hey, 8 years is enough..3 years in the playoffs, same results even though he's had different qbs & I haven't seen anything that tells me this year is gonna be different.

GNTLEWOLF
09-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Hey, 8 years is enough..3 years in the playoffs, same results even though he's had different qbs & I haven't seen anything that tells me this year is gonna be different.

I don't really mean to be picky, but unless I slept a whole year, I thought we had only ben in the playoffs two years

Hervoyel
09-30-2013, 09:57 AM

Mike

"A" problem is discipline. Point conceded entirely. The Texans do not play with discipline. Particularly not when the game is on the line and the stress level goes up.

Another, mostly (in my opinion) unrelated problem is the play of Matt Schaub. He is making poor decisions, showing decreased mobility (despite his loss of weight), and is no longer the guy who burns defenses for rushing him. Now he's the guy who rewards defenses for attacking him by turning over the ball or dropping to the ground like a rock.

I believe that his limitations are hurting the Texans more than the general lack of discipline that you have pointed out.

Mr teX
09-30-2013, 10:00 AM
I don't really mean to be picky, but unless I slept a whole year, I thought we had only ben in the playoffs two years

lol, you're right

chicagotexan2
09-30-2013, 11:32 AM
1 - I've never seen QB that is more athletic retreating and looks faster back pedalling away from pressure than running forward to gain yards. How is this possible?

2 - How can Schaub so physically weak that he goes down with the slightest contact? He looks like a damn new born gazelle being pawed at by a lion.

3 - What is it about this team that keeps it from closing out teams? When other teams are up big and go for the throat they get the kill. When the Texans go for the throat they leave an effing hickey!!!!!

Is the Alec Balwin character from Glen Gary Glenn Ross available for pep talks? Put that coffee down Schaub and Kubiak you SOB's, coffee is for closers!!

texanhead08
09-30-2013, 12:05 PM
I don't think the next starting QB on this team is on the roster at this time.

A bad oline and an immobile QB are a recipe for disaster. We saw this coming the last month of last season and the coaching staff failed to admit it. They thought finding another WR would fix it and it has done nothing.

We have known Marciano needed to go for almost 2yrs but mistake after mistake keep costing this team and they ignore it.

Texian
09-30-2013, 12:23 PM

Unfortunately for Texans fans it's going to take something TRAUMATIC (BoB giving up control/Dying) for the Texans to win a Lombardi.

I have no doubt that Bob McNair wants to win, he just doesn't know how too. Kubiak is a reflection Bob McNair really nice guys without a real commitment to excellence.

Kubiak teams are < .500 against teams that are = to or > than .500.

Kubiak teams are not well prepared in all three phases of the game for every game. To many games Kubiak teams take the field with a lack of preparation.

Texanmike02
10-13-2013, 10:04 PM

Mike

HUH?!?!?!

Schaub is like the 4th QB in the HISTORY of the nfl to throw a pick 6 in three consecutive games.

The most recent pick 6 literally cost us the game.

Go ahead and attempt to come up with excuses/explanations why we lost the past two games. Just know that all the dumb sh!t you spew is logged, and I for one can't wait to throw it in your face when you try to jump ship.

You lose.

Ready to throw it in my face yet?

Mike