PDA

View Full Version : Cushing... concussion

NitroGSXR
09-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Cushing is down and out with a concussion.

Our defense looks like they're hurting themselves in this game. Bloody face aside, JJ Watt's arm looks to be bothering him.

Corrosion
09-29-2013, 04:41 PM
They were never the same after Cushing left the game ....:foottap:

BullNation4Life
09-29-2013, 04:48 PM
They were never the same after Cushing left the game ....:foottap:

and wont be next week against SF. Highly doubt Cushing plays next week...

utahmark
09-29-2013, 04:55 PM
and wont be next week against SF. Highly doubt Cushing plays next week...

Why? All of our other players have been playing the week after a concussion.

BullNation4Life
09-29-2013, 05:03 PM

The new policy states, in part: "Once removed for the duration of a practice or game, the player should not be considered for return-to-football activities until he is fully asymptotic, both at rest and after exertion, has a normal neurological examination, normal neuropsychological testing, and has been cleared to return by both his team physician(s) and the independent neurological consultant."

He doesn't get clear by one, even if the other clears him, he sits

CloakNNNdagger
09-29-2013, 05:11 PM

They haven't. But it all depends how they progress through the protocol.

utahmark
09-29-2013, 06:17 PM
They haven't. But it all depends how they progress through the protocol.

Didn't both Hopkins and AJ return the week after they had concussions?

Mr teX
09-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Didn't both Hopkins and AJ return the week after they had concussions?

AJ did, nuk did not

infantrycak
09-29-2013, 06:26 PM
AJ did, nuk did not

Hopkins was preseason. Right or wrong tons of players are coming back the next week after concussions.

Bulls on Parade
09-29-2013, 06:29 PM
I can't imagine Brian Cushing not being ready to play on Sunday Night, primetime game on NBC, against the 49ers. He will likely be cleared to return by the end of the week and he has a full day to prepare on Sunday unlike an ordinary day game.

Seegara
09-29-2013, 06:40 PM
1 injury in 4 years is extremely injury prone?

He got very little guaranteed money - $9 mil out of $55. Patrick Willis got $29 mil guaranteed.
In college Cushing had dislocated shoulder and ankle injuries. As a Texan he played through some injuries but they cost him effectiveness and playing time and caused listings of probable or questionable several times. In '09 shoulder and foot. In '10 knee, foot, neck. In '11 foot, knee, elbow, hamstring, ribs, knee. In '12 ribs, ACL. Yes, that's what I call extremely injury prone.

Among Cushing and 2 other easily hurt players, Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub, I'd like to bet somebody a 12 pack. My contention is that at least one of these will not play in all 16 regular season games.
Just like I said, extremely injury prone.

infantrycak
09-29-2013, 06:41 PM
Just like I said, extremely injury prone.

And still wrong. Concussions can happen to any player.

ThaJokaa
09-29-2013, 11:53 PM
He was fine, he passed all the protocols but they didnt let him get back on the field

thunderkyss
09-30-2013, 01:54 AM
He was fine, he passed all the protocols but they didnt let him get back on the field

This is what they said about Andre. He was right as rain before Wednesday practice. Hope this holdd true for Cush.