PDA

View Full Version : 3 LBs

thunderkyss
09-28-2013, 01:04 PM
Anyone notice we've been playing more 3 LB sets.... actually 5.

I'm seeing Cushing, Mays, & Sharpton on the field a lot.

Any ideas?

Rey
09-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Anyone notice we've been playing more 3 LB sets.... actually 5.

I'm seeing Cushing, Mays, & Sharpton on the field a lot.

Any ideas?

I noticed sharpton and mays together. I didn't know all three were on the field.

Who has been coming off the field? And in what situations are they using the set? What is the offensive personnel? How are we aligned defensively? Is any one if the three rushing the passer?

Genuinely curious as I hadn't noticed that.

thunderkyss
09-28-2013, 02:43 PM
I noticed sharpton and mays together. I didn't know all three were on the field.

Who has been coming off the field? And in what situations are they using the set? What is the offensive personnel? How are we aligned defensively? Is any one if the three rushing the passer?

Genuinely curious as I hadn't noticed that.

I haven't really studied it to say, but I do recall one occasion when two of the three rushed the QB. But I think it's usually when the opponents are in their big sets, three TEs or an extra OL like on goal line situations. Coming out of their end zone Tennessee looked like they were going to run, Sharpton & Mays attacked the line, turned out to be a pass. On our safety, same game, all three were in.

Same thing against Baltimore. When they started on the 4 we had all three in the game, I don't know who came out.