PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 VS Seahawks...Let's predict ;)

EllisUnit
09-26-2013, 12:50 PM
I waited a little while to start this due to the sky is falling mentaility after last sunday.

Texans 17
Seahawks 16

That #1 defense is gonna give our offense hell especially if AJ and D.B are out. I think our defense steps it up though and we pull out a nail bitter at the end. I also think we see fosters true value in this game when he puts the offense on his shoulders and carries us to a W.

Let the blood bath begin....

DX-TEX
09-26-2013, 12:53 PM
46-10 Seachickens.

Schaub with 2 pick sixes. Kubiak states afterwards "Hes battling. Just have to learn and get better." Cushing gets suspended for 2 games because he scream at Matt after second pick six "You are freaking terrible!" and ***** slaps him on TV.

SacHawk
09-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Seahawks: 24
Texans: 17

Both teams get one defensive TD, special teams seals the deal for my Hawks.

TexansSeminole
09-26-2013, 12:58 PM
35-17 Seahawks. Their defense is going to dominate our offense.

eriadoc
09-26-2013, 12:59 PM
The Seahawks are favored by 3. Would you bet cold, hard cash on the Texans to cover?

thunderkyss
09-26-2013, 01:00 PM
That #1 defense is gonna....

Be the Houston Texans this time next week.

28-13 Them boys on Kirby.

eriadoc
09-26-2013, 01:00 PM
46-10 Seachickens.

I would hate that outcome, but ...

Cushing gets suspended for 2 games because he scream at Matt after second pick six "You are freaking terrible!" and ***** slaps him on TV.

... I'd almost be willing to endure the outcome to see this! :D

ATXtexanfan
09-26-2013, 01:06 PM
30-9 seahawks

eriadoc
09-26-2013, 01:08 PM
I say the Texans offense gets a TD this week. But the Seahawks win, 30-16. Yes, the Texans will land on 16 again. They'll settle for 3 FGs.

deucetx
09-26-2013, 01:08 PM
I'll roll Texans 17-13 in a game that reminds the NFL what two good defenses are capable of.

WolverineFan
09-26-2013, 01:17 PM
27-13 Seahawks, but the game looks worse than the score. Their defense is going to suffocate our offense and the defense will play well, but can't do enough.

Nawzer
09-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Seahawks 50-Texans 3

brakos82
09-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Beverly Hills 90210, Houston Texans 3.

Rey
09-26-2013, 01:43 PM
27-20 Seahawks.

utahmark
09-26-2013, 01:43 PM
Texans 20 Seahawks 16. My girlfriend is a Seahawks fan. We got to win.

cstyle42
09-26-2013, 01:45 PM
24-20 texans

PapaL
09-26-2013, 01:45 PM
17-6 Seattle

Dread-Head
09-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Texans by 4.

:swatter:

Corrosion
09-26-2013, 02:29 PM
5-3 SeaDucks.

brakos82
09-26-2013, 02:33 PM
5-3 SeaDucks.
if the score ends up being 5-3 I will proclaim you king of TexansTalk. :kitten:

Big52Hurt
09-26-2013, 02:37 PM
so you guys have the Seahawks this Sunday? wow! that is a tough one! imo, the Seahawks defense is playing incredible football right now. they play with chips on their shoulders. i think it will be a tough game on your offense but, i believe that your defense can keep you guys in this game and even take it over for you. your defensive front was giving my Ravens hell with trying to run the ball. and if they can play like that against Wilson and Beastmode, then you guys will have a shot.

what's the word on AJ? is he playing? cause if not, that's a whole different issue.

HOU-TEX
09-26-2013, 02:38 PM
The Seahawks are favored by 3. Would you bet cold, hard cash on the Texans to cover?

No.

Thorn
09-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Western Yankee Birds win, TexansTalk.com crashes.

HOU-TEX
09-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Western Yankee Birds win, TexansTalk.com crashes.

And dalemurphey will be there to tell everyone that Schaub looks great

StarStruck
09-26-2013, 03:02 PM
20-17 Texans

PapaL
09-26-2013, 03:11 PM
if the score ends up being 5-3 I will proclaim you king of TexansTalk. :kitten:

I second this motion. :king:

Dread-Head
09-26-2013, 03:42 PM
5-3 SeaDucks.

if the score ends up being 5-3 I will proclaim you king of TexansTalk.

I second this motion.

:thinking: K...I kinda have to agree with Brakos and Papal (yeah I know it's "Papa L" but I like saying "papal") if the final score is 5 to 3 I will declare you the *John the Baptist of Texans Talk, despite my being Bill's disciple. Vugg it. You'll be a LEGEND.

*Iesvs said of his cousin John the Baptist that he was: "The greatest man of woman born."

kiwitexansfan
09-26-2013, 03:46 PM
16 - 14 Texans.

Posey to score the Texans TD.

The Seagulls 14 points coming from 2 Schaubs.

htownfan32
09-26-2013, 03:47 PM
24-16 Seahawks.

DeAndre with 100 yards receiving, OD with the lone touchdown, everywhere else we settle for FGs.

TheIronDuke
09-26-2013, 03:51 PM
Seahawks 24, us 6.

Anemic offensive performance of course, Scub throwing 2 picks and the defense will give up a TD drive in the first series of the second half. Defense of course doesn't force a turnover because the DB's don't locate the ball ever and they can't catch. Hero of the game will be Shane Lechler besides JJ who will get 2 sacks and swat 2 passes.

Vinny
09-26-2013, 03:57 PM
I think the Seahawks are going to bring massive heat on Schaub and they are gonna be very physical with our WR's. Andre is less than 100% and Hopkins will face the biggest secondary in the NFL and he won't do much since he isn't going to run past anyone. I can see us moving the ball between the 20's but I don't see too many scores. This team is still too slow. If Andre Johnson takes another hit and goes out for any length of time this offense will get ugly in a hurry because everyone is going to crowd the box and the middle of the field. Texans fatal flaw is the lack of killer speed.

Dread-Head
09-26-2013, 03:59 PM
I think the Seahawks are going to bring massive heat on Schaub and they are gonna be very physical with our WR's. Andre is less than 100% and Hopkins will face the biggest secondary in the NFL and he won't do much since he isn't going to run past anyone. I can see us moving the ball between the 20's but I don't see too many scores. This team is still too slow. If Andre Johnson takes another hit and goes out for any length of time this offense will get ugly in a hurry because everyone is going to crowd the box and the middle of the field. Texans fatal flaw is the lack of killer speed.

:thinking: So you theorize their secondary will take away the deep stuff and their linebackes will take away the short underneath stuff? Fascinating.

Tailgate
09-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Hawks 23
Texans 13

Frowny face.

Vinny
09-26-2013, 04:03 PM
:thinking: So you theorize their secondary will take away the deep stuff and their linebackes will take away the short underneath stuff? Fascinating.

Its the all roads lead to Rome theory.

Double Barrel
09-26-2013, 04:12 PM
Based on what we've seen the first three weeks, I would not be surprised by total domination by the Seahawks in a game that is never close.

Obviously hope the Texans rise up and compete, but I do not see Schaub escaping the rush and beating the coverage.

Our defense could put up a good fight, but if they cannot consistently get to Wilson, he will scorch our soft coverage. Dude is elusive and will give our front 7 a hard time all day long.

HOU-TEX
09-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Based on what we've seen the first three weeks, I would not be surprised by total domination by the Seahawks in a game that is never close.

Obviously hope the Texans rise up and compete, but I do not see Schaub escaping the rush and beating the coverage.

Our defense could put up a good fight, but if they cannot consistently get to Wilson, he will scorch our soft coverage. Dude is elusive and will give our front 7 a hard time all day long.

Unfortunately, I agree wholeheartedly

Eh, I'll look at it this way. I won't be as pissed if we lose because it was expected. The 1st three games I've been pissed, win or lose.

DX-TEX
09-26-2013, 04:19 PM

I predicted 46-10 Seahawks. I always predict 46-10 Texans but I honestly believe this will be one ugly game. There will be a demand for blood from the fans on Sunday evening that Bob will not be able to ignore.

Vinny
09-26-2013, 04:23 PM

Our defense could put up a good fight, but if they cannot consistently get to Wilson, he will scorch our soft coverage. Dude is elusive and will give our front 7 a hard time all day long. In the ten games after our 11-1 start of last season, we will be 4-6 (since the December 02 Titan victory) if we lose to the Seahawks.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2012/REG/TEXANS

Thorn
09-26-2013, 04:24 PM
Unfortunately, I agree wholeheartedly

Eh, I'll look at it this way. I won't be as pissed if we lose because it was expected. The 1st three games I've been pissed, win or lose.

I feel exactly the same way. I expect the Texans to be handed an ass whippin', so I'm not going to be that upset when they lose. If the game is even competitive I'll be OK with it.

Unless we lose on a last second Schaub int or something.

SacHawk
09-26-2013, 04:28 PM
You guys say the sweetest things.

NastyNate
09-26-2013, 04:38 PM
34-13 Hawks with the lone TD going to Posey via Yates in garbage time.

bckey
09-26-2013, 04:41 PM
In the ten games after our 11-1 start of last season, we will be 4-6 (since the December 02 Titan victory) if we lose to the Seahawks.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2012/REG/TEXANS

I think the Texans will be sub .500 at the bye.

thunderkyss
09-26-2013, 05:19 PM

That does concern me. He'll extend a play, giving his "ho-hum" WRs time to get open.

We struggle with the big play, Russell Wilson is a big play just waiting to happen.

But I think we'll get our lead early. After that, It's our time.

EllisUnit
09-26-2013, 05:38 PM
I should of known better than to do a prediction thread after a bad loss, this is depressing.

DX-TEX
09-26-2013, 05:41 PM
I should of known better than to do a prediction thread after a bad loss, this is depressing.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/raining_david_tennant.gif

I tried to get everyone pumped in another thread and no one listened. Ill try again.

What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...

It ain't over now, 'cause when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'. Who's with me? Let's go! Come on!

What the f--k happened to the Texans fans I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest game of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. 'Ooh, we're afraid to go with you, we might get beaten.' Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wilson, he's a dead man! Sherman dead! Lynch dead!

Allegra
09-26-2013, 05:45 PM

Andre's still being listed as a game-time decision, right? And Brown? I heard that this morning - haven't heard any updates since.

EllisUnit
09-26-2013, 05:48 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/raining_david_tennant.gif

I tried to get everyone pumped in another thread and no one listened. Ill try again.

What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...

It ain't over now, 'cause when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'. Who's with me? Let's go! Come on!

What the f--k happened to the Texans fans I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest game of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. 'Ooh, we're afraid to go with you, we might get beaten.' Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wilson, he's a dead man! Sherman dead! Lynch dead!

Haha hell yeah, well i'm still one of those fans always have been. Homerism champ must i say ;)

DX-TEX
09-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Andre's still being listed as a game-time decision, right? And Brown? I heard that this morning - haven't heard any updates since.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 1h
Duane Brown on his turf toe: "I can take the pain but I don't want to make it any worse."

He needs to sit until fully healed. Look at Okung from Seahawks, out 8 games.

Dre had a deep muscle bruise, says he will play.

Allegra
09-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Haha hell yeah, well i'm still one of those fans always have been. Homerism champ must i say ;)

I'm afflicted with that as well. I don't give up until it's so obvious it's screaming.

That served me well the first two games. I'll be at the game Sunday hoping like heck the Texans (particularly the OL and ST) have worked some of the bugs out and can pull this one off.

Just call me "Mary Sunshine." Or something like that. :dancer:

thunderkyss
09-26-2013, 06:10 PM

Nah... it lets us know who's who. Remember we had to wait 6 games last season before the "told you so"s were able to tell us so. Then they had to wait another 7 games so they could tell us so again. These poor guys, who have no love for our QB or our HC, have been waiting all offseason to tell us so again.

The Texans will start winning soon enough. This negativity will subside. Then when we win the Super Bowl, they'll tell us how they were here supporting the Texans the whole time, that they believed when no one else would.

thunderkyss
09-26-2013, 06:24 PM

I wouldn't consider myself a homer, but in this sea of negativity, it's hard not to give that appearance. I'd love to be able to talk to my fellow Texans about what's going on on the field, but there's so much negativity now, so much hate... it wouldn't make for good conversation.

The second half was hard to watch a second time. But I think we're all going to be pleased with our young WR corps.

There were a lot of 5 step drops, a few 7 step drops where Harris & Newton were able to protect Matt... to me, that's encouraging because we'll probably never face another pair of end rushers like those two again in the regular season.

dream_team
09-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Nah... it lets us know who's who. Remember we had to wait 6 games last season before the "told you so"s were able to tell us so. Then they had to wait another 7 games so they could tell us so again. These poor guys, who have no love for our QB or our HC, have been waiting all offseason to tell us so again.

The Texans will start winning soon enough. This negativity will subside. Then when we win the Super Bowl, they'll tell us how they were here supporting the Texans the whole time, that they believed when no one else would.

Ahhhhhh... That would be the day! I want a better QB just like everyone else. But until that happens, Schaub is my guy and I can't wait for him to prove all of the doubters wrong!

Goodwrench3
09-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Texans - 29
Seahawks - 13

MidtownMikey
09-26-2013, 06:43 PM
I still haven't seen enough of Seattle on the road to say they are the same team there as they are at home.

My prediction is it's 24-12 Texans win.

Initially everyone will be freaking out when the Seahawks go up 9-3 early and the defense seems to only be able to stop them in the red zone. Yet, the commitment to the run pays off with some big runs in the 2nd and 3rd qtr, and we end up seeing 1 TD each for Foster and Tate. To seal the deal there will be another TD in the 4th qtr to OD on a play-action on first down in the red zone.

As amazing as the Seahawks pass defense is, their run defense has always been close to average once you look at per play (at least outside of the red zone). They are currently giving up 4 yards a rush this year (good for 17th according to ESPN), and they gave up 4.5 yards a rush last year (for 23rd). Key will be for Barian Fostate to pound them into submission.

Double Barrel
09-26-2013, 07:11 PM
Then when we win the Super Bowl, they'll tell us how they were here supporting the Texans the whole time, that they believed when no one else would.

Even the darkest pessimist can still support the team.

If you think only sunshine pumpers are the only true fans, so be it.

But I know many diehard fans, some season ticket holders since 2002, that are realistic about the team and often have streaks of pessimism. It doesn't mean that they no longer support the team, though.

Sunnybrook Farmers hold no exclusivity as Texans fans.

thunderkyss
09-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Even the darkest pessimist can still support the team.

If you think only sunshine pumpers are the only true fans, so be it.

But I know many diehard fans, some season ticket holders since 2002, that are realistic about the team and often have streaks of pessimism. It doesn't mean that they no longer support the team, though.

Sunnybrook Farmers hold no exclusivity as Texans fans.

Don't put words in my mouth DB.

There's a difference between pessimism & hate. There's a lot of hate on this board right now.

CnD is very pessimistic about Schaub's future, I don't consider him a hater.

Corrosion
09-26-2013, 07:35 PM
You guys say the sweetest things.

Shaddit seaduck!

SacHawk
09-26-2013, 07:45 PM
Shaddit seaduck!

:cool:

HouTx11
09-26-2013, 08:08 PM
Absolutely tough score to predict for me. Hoping that the Texans win, but I don't see the Texans scoring much on the Seahawks' D. However, the Texans have been giving up points, and Russell Wilson is a great mobile QB, and mobile QBs historically do well against the Texans, so I must find that happy medium:

Texans 30
Seahawks 27

Might require overtime to get to this score.

eriadoc
09-26-2013, 08:39 PM
But I think we'll get our lead early. After that, It's our time.

And you base this on recent first half history?

Hey, the thread says "Let's predict", not "let's hope". I hope they win. I'll be cheering them on. But predictions are based on substance, not hope. I mean, I could just blindly predict that I'm going to win the lottery, but there's not much factual evidence to suggest it'll actually happen.

BullBlitz
09-26-2013, 08:46 PM
At halftime:
Seahawks 13
Texans 10

Final:
Seahawks 37
Texans 20

Sitting Schaub, Andre and Daniels on my fantasy team this week.

Seegara
09-26-2013, 09:04 PM
I hate it like heck, but I expect the Seagulls to win in a blowout.

thunderkyss
09-26-2013, 09:14 PM
And you base this on recent first half history?

Hey, the thread says "Let's predict", not "let's hope". I hope they win. I'll be cheering them on. But predictions are based on substance, not hope. I mean, I could just blindly predict that I'm going to win the lottery, but there's not much factual evidence to suggest it'll actually happen.

I beg to differ. There was a lot of good things going on in our last three games. It's only a matter of time before we put it all together. I think we'll get most of it right this Sunday... & with help from the hometown crowd, we'll pull off a convincing victory.

Uncle Rico
09-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Statement game for the Texans.

HOU - 27
SEA - 17

Then they'll ride the momentum and win a nailbiter in SF next week.

eriadoc
09-26-2013, 09:32 PM
I beg to differ. There was a lot of good things going on in our last three games. It's only a matter of time before we put it all together. I think we'll get most of it right this Sunday... & with help from the hometown crowd, we'll pull off a convincing victory.

There was a lot of bad happening those first couple games and they put that all together against the Ravens, so maybe it's time they flipped the script. They haven't scored over a TD in the first quarter yet, though, so not sure where you're getting the idea they'll jump out to an early lead. Here's to hoping, though! :texflag:

TejasTom
09-26-2013, 10:28 PM
I predict the roof will be closed.
We'll win the toss but it won't matter.
I'll go to the game.
Drink some crown.
Yell as loud as i can.
Schaub will throw short of the sticks.
I'll boo and get elbowed in ribs.
Look at some hot girls and get elbowed again.

gafftop
09-26-2013, 11:35 PM
I predict MS will have a hard time finding wide open receivers because of the way Seattle plays D and therefore he will get sacked often and throw the ball away many other times. 2 or more interceptions or fumbles by MS. We will have a difficult time running the ball. Basically our offense will be stagnant. We will go for it a couple times on 4th down just to try and get something going. I think we score 6-10 points. Seattle may not be able to move the ball traditionally but we will not be able to contain Wilson at key times and he will scramble and extend plays that extend drives. He will complete a few long passes or get pass interference that will kill the Texans. Even with all this they only score 27 or so points. If we can win the TO battle by 2 or more and we don't give up a pick 6 or long return the game will be competitive and we may win.
Really looking forward to this game and I like that it is early in season because this will be a very good measuring point for team and MS.

toronto
09-27-2013, 01:11 AM
Seahawks 20
Texans 14

Think it'll be a tough battle and the Texans will give the best team in the NFL (IMHO) a good hard game...

Wolf6151
09-27-2013, 03:28 AM
I think it's a very good and tough game, as well as low scoring because we run the ball alot to avoid their pass rush. In the end though I think we lose a close one.

17-13 Seahawks

Nitrofish
09-27-2013, 03:52 AM

Agree with your first paragraph 100%, but IMO they will not say they believed all along, and supported when no one else would, instead they will give the credit to someone else, ANYONE ELSE but Schaub and Kubiak. They will say the Texans won in spite of Schaub and Kubiak. It's what they live for.

Let's just hope Schaub and Kubiak can silence them for a long period of time real soon.

Prediction: Seahawks 14 Texans 17

HJam72
09-27-2013, 04:55 AM
Seahawks: 4

Texans: 2

Matt Schaub resigns while in hospital. :kubepalm:

thunderkyss
09-27-2013, 08:15 AM
They haven't scored over a TD in the first quarter yet, though, so not sure where you're getting the idea they'll jump out to an early lead. Here's to hoping, though! :texflag:

We scored a 1st Qtr TD against the Chargers & the Titans. On the opening drive vs the Titans. We marched the length of the field on our first drive against the Ravens & scored (not a TD, but we scored).

We've yet to score more than 9 points in the first half... definitely something to work on. But that's what this is, a work in progress. Just like every other NFL team.

We'll get it done Sunday.

There's still going to be areas needing improvement, & "everybody" will piont them out. It won't be a finished product... a work in progress.

thunderkyss
09-27-2013, 08:19 AM
I predict MS will have a hard time finding wide open receivers because of the way Seattle plays D and therefore he will get sacked often and throw the ball away many other times.

They play the same defensive philosophy that many of us hate. Pressure up front, primarily man on the back end.

LEATHERHEAD
09-27-2013, 08:27 AM
TEXANS-24
SEACHICKENS-16:truck:

LEATHERHEAD
09-27-2013, 08:31 AM
Look there have been alot of close games in the NFL this year already..The Sky is not Falling...We are 2-1 tied for 1st place in the AFC SOUTH....0-3 Giants.omg..or any team that is 0-3.. We got this,,might not be pretty......WE WIN

gafftop
09-27-2013, 08:40 AM
They play the same defensive philosophy that many of us hate. Pressure up front, primarily man on the back end.

And they are good at it. One thing I want to see is will MS spread the ball out a little more. He may be forced to because of AJ's physical condition. Anybody notice how Peyton and Brady distribute the ball based on who is open or should be based on their read of defense prior to the snap. Notice how MS concentrates on AJ while he is on the field and only goes to others when AJ is out. I have to think that AJ is not the most open receiver on most of the plays. Please explain why people consider MS such a heady QB because I have not ever felt that way.

Surreal McCoy
09-27-2013, 08:42 AM
Seahawks 34
Texans 13

HOU-TEX
09-27-2013, 09:47 AM
I predict DB will not be playing. I'd rather him not. If we happen to get our sht straight and make a run at the post season, we'll need him healthy. Sit him!

IlliniJen
09-27-2013, 09:47 AM
Seahawks 34
Texans 13

That's optimistic.

Seahawks: 34
Texans: 6

Dread-Head
09-27-2013, 09:49 AM
Its the all roads lead to Rome theory.

Hoping you're wrong Vincent.

Surreal McCoy
09-27-2013, 10:05 AM
That's optimistic.

Seahawks: 34
Texans: 6

Nahh, we will definitely get at least one TD. I just can't decide if it's one TD and two FGs, or two TDs and a missed PAT.

MistaRed
09-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Texans 23
Seahawks 20

Fat kicker saves us from diving off a cliff.

2slik4u
09-27-2013, 10:52 AM
I don't think there is anyway we win this game. I am expecting a double digit loss to a much better team. I don't think we stand a chance on Sunday.

This is a first for me because I truly believe we can beat anyone in the league when we play well but I don't see anyway we can beat the Seahawks who I consider the best team in the league.

I will watch on Sunday just as I always do but with tempered expectations. I picked Seattle in my NFL pickem which is the first time I've picked against the texans in three years.

Sorry to be a Debbie downer.

Seahawks 31
Houston 12 (4 FGs)

BullNation4Life
09-27-2013, 11:07 AM
my prediction...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/gag.gif

Seahawks - 42

Texans - 10 (on a garbage TD by Yates)

Blake
09-27-2013, 11:15 AM
Yesterday I predicted in another thread. LINK (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2216050&postcount=43)

The Seahawks are without Okung too. Our defense is playing well and as long as the offense bounces back with Duane I predict a win.

Texans 24
Seahawks 9

TexansBlood
09-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Texans 31
Seahawks 17

Blake
09-27-2013, 11:46 AM
my prediction...

Seahawks - 42

HYEAH! In yer bra!

thunderkyss
09-27-2013, 11:47 AM
Anybody notice how Peyton and Brady distribute the ball based on who is open or should be based on their read of defense prior to the snap. Notice how MS concentrates on AJ while he is on the field and only goes to others when AJ is out. I have to think that AJ is not the most open receiver on most of the plays. Please explain why people consider MS such a heady QB because I have not ever felt that way.

Because what you're saying isn't particularly true. Matt's been spreading the ball around pretty good. Last year, he focused on Andre, but that was because everybody else was letting him down. Before that... when we had Walter, Anderson, & Jacoby, he spread the ball around really well, including OD & Arian.

This year, he's been spreading it around pretty well.

noxiousdog
09-27-2013, 12:18 PM
I still haven't seen enough of Seattle on the road to say they are the same team there as they are at home.

That's what stuck out to me too. Reminds me a lot of Baltimore of the last few years. Flacco was great at home, but mediocre to bad on the road.

They had 5 road losses last year, not including the playoff loss to the Falcons.

That's held to form this year with two home beatdowns of their opponent and a 12-7 win at Carolina.

I predict an ugly win. 16-10 Texans.

tedr
09-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Seattle is definitely not the same team on the road...so:

Texans 20
Seahawks 7

Texans D steps up, gives up only 150 yards...Seattle scores late on a special teams TD.

Corrosion
09-27-2013, 12:40 PM
Why y'all callin them the Seahawks ?! They are the SeaDucks!

SeaDucks 5
Texans 3

Cushing was proven correct , the offense aint gonna do it , Schaub throws another pick on the Texans end of the field , defense continues its good play .... Next week , we're still b!tching about the noodle armed statue under center.

Blake
09-27-2013, 01:06 PM

SeaDucks 5
Texans 3

Cushing was proven correct , the offense aint gonna do it , Schaub throws another pick on the Texans end of the field , defense continues its good play .... Next week , we're still b!tching about the noodle armed statue under center.

Schaub is our best option at QB, but one more pick 6 from Schaub this week and I am beating the "bench him" drum.

dream_team
09-27-2013, 01:14 PM
And they are good at it. One thing I want to see is will MS spread the ball out a little more. He may be forced to because of AJ's physical condition. Anybody notice how Peyton and Brady distribute the ball based on who is open or should be based on their read of defense prior to the snap. Notice how MS concentrates on AJ while he is on the field and only goes to others when AJ is out. I have to think that AJ is not the most open receiver on most of the plays. Please explain why people consider MS such a heady QB because I have not ever felt that way.

The way I understand the WCO to work is every play has a primary receiver, followed by option 2, 3, etc. I'm pretty sure AJ is the primary receiver on majority of the plays. I mean that would be the smart thing to do.

The Sideline View has a good video breakdown of how Schaub goes through his progressions.

TheIronDuke
09-27-2013, 01:53 PM
I think the Seek-cocks will be looking to get penetration and we will definitely let them have it all day long.

Dread-Head
09-27-2013, 03:27 PM

SeaDucks 5
Texans 3

:thinking: To wit I re-itterate "John the Baptist of Texan's Talk".

Vinnie
09-27-2013, 03:34 PM
Because what you're saying isn't particularly true. Matt's been spreading the ball around pretty good. Last year, he focused on Andre, but that was because everybody else was letting him down. Before that... when we had Walter, Anderson, & Jacoby, he spread the ball around really well, including OD & Arian.

This year, he's been spreading it around pretty well.

Clearly, we need to bring back David effing Anderson! D.A. FTW!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :user:

Hardcore Texan
09-27-2013, 03:39 PM
I think the Seek-cocks will be looking to get penetration and we will definitely let them have it all day long.

:spit:

b0ng
09-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Yesterday I predicted in another thread. LINK (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2216050&postcount=43)

The Seahawks are without Okung too. Our defense is playing well and as long as the offense bounces back with Duane I predict a win.

Texans 24
Seahawks 9

The Seahawks are supposedly playing without Okung, Giancomi, and Unger (Starting LT, RT, and C). This is going to be an ugly ****fest of a game.

Tahoegirl
09-27-2013, 03:42 PM
You do realize the Seahawks suck on the road. They should of never won the game in Carolina.. Hawks are only good at home.. I believe the Texans will win this game.. 21-14 Texans on top.

mattieuk
09-27-2013, 03:56 PM
Texans 31 - Seahawks 10

Reasons:
I believe the Texans are usually strong after embarassing defeats. I don't know whether this is a slur on the coach for how the players are prepared, but there are night and day differences between the Texans team from the last few years when they are hungry and have a chip on their shoulder, to when they are coasting and expected to be the better team. So often (like in Week 1) the Texans are like a boxer who needs to get hit to bring them into a fight and light that fire.
The Seahawks, whilst a very good football team, are on the verge of unplayable at home, especially at the moment. We'll call it the Curse of Seattle (which has also recently plagued the Washington Huskies BTW). They struggled week 1 on the road, and face a far stronger team this week, with far more fire in their bellies than the Panthers did in their opening game.
Russell Wilson is one of the most promising QBs in the league, and when playing well, is a joy to watch. However, he is still a second year starter. He posted a home record last year of 17 TDs and 2 Ints (passer rating of 123.60), and on the road was 9 TDs for 8 Ints (passer rating of 83.1).

The Seahawks are a strong, strong team, but I think their playoff chances are hugely dependant on getting homefield advantage - they are just that good at home.

thunderkyss
09-27-2013, 04:17 PM
The Seahawks are supposedly playing without Okung, Giancomi, and Unger (Starting LT, RT, and C). This is going to be an ugly ****fest of a game.

Do you know how many starters the Ravens were missing?

b0ng
09-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Do you know how many starters the Ravens were missing?

Pretty sure they weren't missing Yanda, mcKinnie or Oher

Allegra
09-27-2013, 05:17 PM

All safeties? :mcnugget:

GNTLEWOLF
09-27-2013, 05:21 PM
42-6 Seahawks

HJam72
09-27-2013, 07:11 PM

I like my predictions to be entertaining. :boogereater:

chicagotexan2
09-27-2013, 08:27 PM
If the texans run the ball well and the defense keeps playing strong
HOU 24
SEA 20

If they can't run and we have to rely on Matt Schmuck to pass then...
SEA 27
HOU 14

I'm not putting it all on Schaub, Brooks reed and mercilus need to show up and pressure Wilson. Joseph needs to stop playing like Kareem the rookie.

JPPT1974
09-27-2013, 08:28 PM
Will be very close. They both have pretty good offenses. But it will be the defenses that will win the game. Really hate to predict the score.

CloakNNNdagger
09-27-2013, 08:43 PM

Don't get too excited. The Hawks backups have held up the fort pretty commendably, unlike what most of our backups can do.:mcnugget:

CloakNNNdagger
09-27-2013, 08:46 PM
If the texans run the ball well and the defense keeps playing strong
HOU 24
SEA 20

If they can't run and we have to rely on Matt Schmuck to pass then...
SEA 27
HOU 14

I'm not putting it all on Schaub, Brooks reed and mercilus need to show up and pressure Wilson. Joseph needs to stop playing like Kareem the rookie.

And Kareem needs to relearn to turn around again.......at least once in awhile anyway.

thunderkyss
09-27-2013, 08:53 PM
And Kareem needs to relearn to turn around again.......at least once in awhile anyway.

He does need to work on his game (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2216235&postcount=92).

Texan_Bill
09-27-2013, 08:54 PM
Texans win!!!

FU my friend @TheGuruStu!!! The 'Hawks (my NFC team) suck on the road. In the last 3 seasons, the 'Hawks are 7-17 which in those three seasons includes two playoff runs.....

WoooooHooooooooo!!!!

:koolaid:

CloakNNNdagger
09-27-2013, 09:25 PM
He does need to work on his game (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2216235&postcount=92).

Excellent examples, TK. Missed it the first time around. The zebras are usually going to call a PI even if the DB only gives a quick glance back....then turns to the receiver and bumps him, in that he is trying to disrupt the path of the receiver rather than the path of the ball.

Giant Tiger
09-27-2013, 10:49 PM
I don't think there is anyway we win this game. I am expecting a double digit loss to a much better team. I don't think we stand a chance on Sunday.

This is a first for me because I truly believe we can beat anyone in the league when we play well but I don't see anyway we can beat the Seahawks who I consider the best team in the league.

I will watch on Sunday just as I always do but with tempered expectations. I picked Seattle in my NFL pickem which is the first time I've picked against the texans in three years.

Sorry to be a Debbie downer.

Seahawks 31
Houston 12 (4 FGs)

I really want the Texans to win, but I agree with this. I don't feel good about this game at all.

Fred
09-27-2013, 11:03 PM
5-3 SeaDucks.
Come on man! Where's the pick 6?

42-6 Seahawks

Also all safeties.

EllisUnit
09-28-2013, 10:15 AM
This board is going to be exploding with all kinds of hope and positive posts come about 3:30PM Sunday afternoon. I have a good feeling about this game !

CloakNNNdagger
09-28-2013, 10:53 AM
This board is going to be exploding with all kinds of hope and positive posts come about 3:30PM Sunday afternoon. I have a good feeling about this game !

Are you sure that you don't mean the Sunday 3:30PM afternoon after the upcoming Jags game? :)

Showtime100
09-28-2013, 10:57 AM
41-20 Seahawks.

EllisUnit
09-28-2013, 11:00 AM
Are you sure that you don't mean the Sunday 3:30PM afternoon after the upcoming Jags game? :)

No i mean tomorrow at 3:30 after we beat the Hawks, i cant predict that far ahead, who am i Nostradamus

dream_team
09-28-2013, 12:22 PM
People in here are giving the Seahawks WAY too much credit, and the Texans very little.

The hawks are awesome at home, but for some reason mediocre on the road (at best). Last season, they were undefeated at home, but 3-5 on the road. They lost to teams like the Cardinals, Rams, Lions, and Dolphins on the road. This season has started out no different. They are looking like the best team in the league when at home, but struggled to beat the Panthers on the road. You can say they are a tale of two different teams.

The hawks will also play without 3/5th of their offensive line (not to mention two of them are Unger and Okung).

This game is going to be a low-scoring slugfest, both offenses will struggle to score... and unfortunately for us, this game may come down to which special teams plays better.

These are the keys to the Texans winning:
- Make our 'makeable' field goals. Every point will count in this game, and I predict Bullock will pull through.
- Punt coverage!!! Besides the one return for a TD, our punt coverage has been awesome (mainly due to Lechler). We can't give away any easy points, and also win the field position game.
- Don't turn the ball over. I know fans won't like it, but I'm predicting an extremely conservative game plan on offense. I'm seeing 20+ carries for Arian, and 15+ for Ben. We can't give up any easy points.
- Stop the big play on defense. Fortunately for us, with their OL woes, I think we'll be able to do this.

I'm predicting a rushing TD by Foster, and 3 FGs by Bullock. The Seahawks will be held to a big play TD, and 2 FGs.

Texans 16
Seahawks 13

NastyNate
09-28-2013, 12:47 PM
You do realize the Seahawks suck on the road. They should of never won the game in Carolina.. Hawks are only good at home.. I believe the Texans will win this game.. 21-14 Texans on top.

Hawks are 4-1 their last 5 road games... Pretty much squashes that whole Seahawks are a different team on the road theory.

thunderkyss
09-28-2013, 12:50 PM
MSR dream_team

This game is going to be a low-scoring slugfest, both offenses will struggle to score... and unfortunately for us, this game may come down to which special teams plays better.

It's going to be about mental toughness. Who can take a beating longer... who can keep up the longest. That's why we beat SanDiego & Tennessee. We played till the bell, never gave up. Against Balitmore, not so much. The pick 6 was like a shot to the gut, the punt returned for a TD, a hard right cross. The TD to open the half was like an upper cut. The first field goal in the 4th qtr... another body shot, the final field goal landed right on our chin.

We never really "gave up" but the fight was pretty one sided after half time.

Same thing happened in the divisional round vs New England. We're keeping our hands up (playing defense) but we've got to throw a few punches (offense) of our own.

Blake
09-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Hawks are 4-1 their last 5 road games... Pretty much squashes that whole Seahawks are a different team on the road theory.

No it doesnt. They are MUCH better at home then on the road like most teams.

False Start
09-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Hawks-31
Texans 17

:(

thunderkyss
09-28-2013, 10:10 PM
So since "everyone" expects us to lose, it's no big deal right?

If we get blown out, we shouldn't see the Schaub, Kubiak, Marciano hate threads right?

Our expectations are so low we shouldn't be upset with an 8-8 season.

SacHawk
09-28-2013, 10:20 PM
I have to tell you guys, over at Seahawks.net we're not nearly as confident in our team blowing your team out as you guys seem to be. Most of us are expecting a hard fought, defensive battle.

Hopefully it will be a good one, regardless of the outcome. Either way I'll be back Sunday night to say "good game". You guys have the classiest, most welcoming fans of any other opposing board I've visited so far. Cheers to you all!

thunderkyss
09-28-2013, 10:38 PM
I have to tell you guys, over at Seahawks.net we're not nearly as confident in our team blowing your team out as you guys seem to be. Most of us are expecting a hard fought, defensive battle.

I know. It's embarrasing.

It's more about how they feel about our team than yours. Think back to when Seneca Wallace was your starting QB... that's the kind of confidence some of us have in Schaub, then half of us never liked Kubiak & he soured on the other half.

Hopefully it will be a good one, regardless of the outcome. Either way I'll be back Sunday night to say "good game". You guys have the classiest, most welcoming fans of any other opposing board I've visited so far. Cheers to you all!

It's going to be ugly. We don't have a 12th man, but damn near. You're not walking out of Reliant with a victory, if you're walking out at all.

EllisUnit
09-28-2013, 10:55 PM

If we get blown out, we shouldn't see the Schaub, Kubiak, Marciano hate threads right?

hmmm dont count me in this group your reffering too :)

BullBlitz
09-28-2013, 10:56 PM

We may not be surprised, but we would still be upset.

legacy_gt
09-28-2013, 11:06 PM
if you can't beat a contending team on your own home terf, we're in trouble.

NastyNate
09-28-2013, 11:54 PM
No it doesnt. They are MUCH better at home then on the road like most teams.

4-1 over the last 5 road games is a lot better than most teams.

silvrhand
09-29-2013, 12:05 AM
Fact is we are still in an offensive slump since last year, we are basically 5-5 since it started, and every game is brutal to watch offensively. So it's a concern for a lot of us.

2012 Regular Season
Tennessee Titans W 2410 111 LP Field CBS Recap
New England Patriots L 1442 112 Gillette Stadium ESPN[a] Recap
Indianapolis Colts W 2917 122 Reliant Stadium CBS Recap
Minnesota Vikings L 623 123 Reliant Stadium Fox Recap
Indianapolis Colts L 1628 124 Lucas Oil Stadium CBS Recap

2012 Playoffs
Cincinnati Bengals (6) W 1913 10 Reliant Stadium NBC Recap
New England Patriots (2) L 2841 11 Gillette Stadium CBS Recap

2013 Regular Season
San Diego Chargers W 3128 10 Qualcomm Stadium ESPN[a] Recap
Tennessee Titans W 3024 (OT) 20 Reliant Stadium CBS Recap
Baltimore Ravens L 930 21 M&T Bank Stadium CBS Recap

Nawzer
09-29-2013, 03:12 AM
Upon further consideration I think the score will be: Seahawks 100-Texans -3. Why -3 you ask? The Texans special team is so incompetent that I think we'll kick a field goal in our end netting us negative points.

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 11:06 AM
Fact is we are still in an offensive slump since last year, we are basically 5-5 since it started, and every game is brutal to watch offensively. So it's a concern for a lot of us.

2013 Regular Season
San Diego Chargers W 3128 10 Qualcomm Stadium ESPN[a] Recap
Tennessee Titans W 3024 (OT) 20 Reliant Stadium CBS Recap
Baltimore Ravens L 930 21 M&T Bank Stadium CBS Recap

Fact is that we're another team than the one that finished last season. A lot of the same players, a lot of the same problems, but a new team. These guys aren't 12-4 or 5-5 or any of that. They're 2-1 with a lot of issues to work out. Some of their plans didn't work out; Q, Brennan, Montgomery...... some aren't working as well as they had hoped; Reed, Newton, Reed, Foster

But there isn't a team in the league that is 100% perfect. Not now, not in week 16 & not Super Bowl week. There are other teams that appear to be handling their issues better than we are. There are other teams that appear to be handling their issues worse than we are.

I'd love to be one of those teams handling ourselves well, I'm upset that we aren't. As long as we've had this staff & this "system" you'd think we would. As much as we talk about our leadership... especially player leaders, we shouldn't be having these problems.

srrono
09-29-2013, 11:51 AM
Hou 23 - sea 20

Thorn
09-29-2013, 02:35 PM
I predict it'll be 20-3 at the half. :kitten:

brakos82
09-29-2013, 02:45 PM
I think you're full of it. LOL

EllisUnit
09-29-2013, 02:51 PM

OMG, now if only you had predicted it before half time

TheIronDuke
09-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Seahawks 24, us 6.

Anemic offensive performance of course, Scub throwing 2 picks and the defense will give up a TD drive in the first series of the second half. Defense of course doesn't force a turnover because the DB's don't locate the ball ever and they can't catch. Hero of the game will be Shane Lechler besides JJ who will get 2 sacks and swat 2 passes.

Damn, I was close on some of this.

SacHawk
09-29-2013, 04:49 PM
Good damn game, guys. I just about had a heart attack

Surreal McCoy
09-29-2013, 04:50 PM
I'm just happy we weren't blown out like in my prediction :)

SacHawk
09-29-2013, 04:51 PM
Up until the 4th it looked like we were going to get blown out

bckey
09-29-2013, 04:58 PM
Up until the 4th it looked like we were going to get blown out

Lucky for the Seahawks the Texans have a qb that likes to throw pick 6's at the most critical of times. 3rd one this year. Then in ot our cb decides to put the Seahawks in field goal range. That game was a gift from the Texans. Not trying to take anything away but it really was.

TexansSeminole
09-29-2013, 05:03 PM
Lucky for the Seahawks the Texans have a qb that likes to throw pick 6's at the most critical of times. 3rd one this year. Then in ot our cb decides to put the Seahawks in field goal range. That game was a gift from the Texans. Not trying to take anything away but it really was.

Good teams make plays to win games. Bad teams make plays to lose them.

Vinny
09-29-2013, 05:10 PM
Texans play dumb ball at times. Sharpton's play is a good example. Kubiak needs a OC who calls the plays and Kubiak needs to get his head out of only being on one side of the ball during the game.

bckey
09-29-2013, 05:12 PM
Good teams make plays to win games. Bad teams make plays to lose them.

Agreed. Schaub makes the Texans a worse team than they actually are.

EllisUnit
09-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Since Kubiak will not ever place blame on Schaub i will take responsibility for this loss....Sorry guys i should of screamed more and maybe the vibirations would of made it to Schaub and he wouldnt of throw the pick 6. I need to account for possible butterfly effect from now on i suppose.

PapaL
09-29-2013, 05:15 PM
Disregard

bckey
09-29-2013, 05:19 PM
Texans play dumb ball at times. Sharpton's play is a good example. Kubiak needs a OC who calls the plays and Kubiak needs to get his head out of only being on one side of the ball during the game.

Unfortunately I don't think Kubiak would help much. He isn't anything more than an oc with a head coaching job.

Ranger Tom
09-29-2013, 09:19 PM
Hou 23 - sea 20

Damn, you were close.

:cry2:

utahmark
09-29-2013, 11:07 PM
After hearing all week(from Texans fans) how we were going to get blown out I guess an overtime loss is a positive statement.:thinking:

TexansSeminole
09-30-2013, 12:03 AM
After hearing all week(from Texans fans) how we were going to get blown out I guess an overtime loss is a positive statement.:thinking:

Some people will just never get it.

Ranger Tom
09-30-2013, 11:33 AM

If you expect your team to lose each week, you can never be disappointed--only pleasantly surprised. Lesson from the 2010 season. :kitten:

SacHawk
09-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Gawd I hope you guys smack the digits around like the unruly red headed step children they are.

eriadoc
09-30-2013, 01:19 PM
I'm predicting a rushing TD by Foster, and 3 FGs by Bullock. The Seahawks will be held to a big play TD, and 2 FGs.

Texans 16
Seahawks 13

Close. You were just about a pick 6 away from nailing the prediction.

Schaub is our best option at QB, but one more pick 6 from Schaub this week and I am beating the "bench him" drum.

Snare drum? Kick drum?

They will say the Texans won in spite of Schaub and Kubiak. It's what they live for.

Or that they lost because of Schaubiak.

In the ten games after our 11-1 start of last season, we will be 4-6 (since the December 02 Titan victory) if we lose to the Seahawks.

See, that is the trend people are upset about. 2-2 is one thing, but this goes back a little further. The collapse at the end of the season continuing because of the same problems this season doesn't tend to foster optimism.