PDA

View Full Version : Texans Game Week-- home vs. Seattle

Playoffs
09-24-2013, 11:25 AM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7455/9905500916_9bf10e42e3_b.jpg

A thread for news/notes/chatter about our upcoming game versus the Seattle Seahawks.

:logo:

--thanks to EllisUnit for the cool graphics, give him some rep if you like

Playoffs
09-24-2013, 11:38 AM
Schaub not blameless, but offensive line is Texans biggest flaw (http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/columnists/harvey/article/Schaub-not-blameless-but-offensive-line-is-4837926.php?t=9cfa8decf9cba496f0)

Assessing the Damage: Changes for the Texans to Think About (http://www.stateofthetexans.com/assessing-the-damage-changes-for-the-texans-to-think-about/)

Thorn
09-24-2013, 11:44 AM
I can't get excited about this game because I expect us to lose. Maybe I'll get a nice surprise this coming Sunday, but that's what it'd be, a surprise.

EllisUnit
09-24-2013, 11:46 AM
I can't get excited about this game because I expect us to lose. Maybe I'll get a nice surprise this coming Sunday, but that's what it'd be, a surprise.

Come on thorn be like me since 2002 and expect a win every Sunday, that way you can have a bad monday ;)

Thorn
09-24-2013, 11:48 AM
Come on thorn be like me since 2002 and expect a win every Sunday, that way you can have a bad monday ;)

I think the opening post in this thread is gonna look prettier than the game itself. LOL

EllisUnit
09-24-2013, 11:50 AM
I think the opening post in this thread is gonna look prettier than the game itself. LOL

Haha well thank you, but i hope not.

cstyle42
09-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Texans 21 Seahawks 20.

ThaShark316
09-24-2013, 12:13 PM
To me, this game feels like it go really well if the offense wakes up.

I feel like the defense has been playing damned good in spurts...they could spin about 4-5 3 and outs in a row; I think that's possible this week, as well. Seattle's OL is kind of banged up right now.

Problem with the offense this week? Playing the best in the world. I expect 14-10 type final.

SacHawk
09-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Seahawks: 17
Texans: 13

HOU-TEX
09-24-2013, 12:22 PM
To me, it's hard to think about this game and what it might look like if we play like we have recently. Historically, running QB's have gashed us.

TheIronDuke
09-24-2013, 12:34 PM
24-6 Seahawks

MistaRed
09-24-2013, 12:36 PM
I think the good guys pull this one out. Remember last year when the Packers kicked our teeth in and the next week we smashed the Ravens by 30. They'll play better.

Tailgate
09-24-2013, 12:38 PM
As always with this team... If we block and get to the QB we have a chance. But no Duane Brown and no true outside pass rushing threat will kill our chances in keeping it up.

2 things in our favor, Seattle traveling tonFlorida last week, now to Texas... And we are coming off a beat down in front of home crowd.

SacHawk
09-24-2013, 12:39 PM
The Jags game was in Seattle

Tailgate
09-24-2013, 12:43 PM
The Jags game was in Seattle

:toropalm: What a debbie downer!! :)

thunderkyss
09-24-2013, 01:32 PM
I think our defense will kick ass with the home crowd behind them. Seattle's offense isn't going to be clicking as well as they like. They'll hit us for some big plays, but overall.... it's going to be another grind'em defensive battle. Much like last week.

If our QB & ST doesn't give them any points, it'll be close in the 4th & we'll have a chance to win.

Playoffs
09-24-2013, 02:18 PM
http://media.komonews.com/images/130922_seahawks_jaguars_660.jpg

Eric SanInocencio ‏@EricSan
Everyone knows that Seattle has the @NFL's best defense, allowing only 241 yards per game. #2? The Houston Texans, at 249 ypg.

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
I parsed some numbers on #Texans' QB Matt Schaub and throwing deep http://es.pn/1gWAQIj

PDS ‏@PatDStat
#Texans Offensive targets through 3 games. #80 (33), #10 (26), #81 (20), #23 (13), #88 (9), #44 (8), #82 (5), #11 (4), #18 (1).

Targets vs. #Texans secondary. #24 (21) #25 (14) #21 (9) #38 (8) #31 (3) #Texans 3 games.

3 games, Completion percentage vs. #Texans secondary. #24 (52.4), #25 (50.), #21 (66.7), #38 (37.5), #31 (33.3) #Texans

Johnathan Joseph has given up 11 receptions for 174 yards. 2 of those catches accounted for 95 yards. #Texans

Brice McCain gave up two catches for 33 yards. Both were 3rd down conversions. #Texans

#Texans offense attempted one pass over 20 yards.

Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant
Just to clarify, one pair of tickets will be given away during tonight's Antonio Smith show. #Texans

Want tickets to the game? Stop by @TexansGrille tonight 6PM for the @antoniosmith94 show. Meet the Ninja, @TexansVoice @DoughertyDrew, & me.

thunderkyss
09-24-2013, 03:17 PM
If we consider a deep ball to be a pass that traveled more than 20 yards, Schaub's total of seven is one of the lowest in the NFL.
Only five quarterbacks who have played in all three games have thrown fewer such passes... All of those quarterbacks -- except for Ryan -- have winning records and two of them are undefeated.
If we reduce our qualification to passes longer than 15 yards, Schaub's number of attempts rank in the top third of the quarterbacks who have played this season.
Their quarterback, Peyton Manning, has thrown fewer passes that traveled longer than 15 yards in the air than Schaub. Manning has thrown 21 to Schaub's 22.

Not trying to hype Matt up, he's not my boy. Just trying to convey the gist of the article, without copying the whole thing. The only glaring negative about Schaub in that article

But Manning has thrown four touchdowns on such passes, and has a passer rating of 130.4 and a QBR of 99.3 on them.
He's tied with Titans quarterback Jake Locker with 22 passes thrown that traveled longer than 15 yards. He and Locker are very near each other in passer rating on those passes: Schaub's is 62.9 and Locker's is 62.3.

mattieuk
09-24-2013, 03:38 PM
Everyone knows that Seattle has the @NFL's best defense, allowing only 241 yards per game. #2? The Houston Texans, at 249 ypg.

And when compared with the original graphic, where the Seahawks conceded 55 less points, you get your answer about where the problems are currently situated with this team.

EllisUnit
09-24-2013, 03:43 PM
And when compared with the original graphic, where the Seahawks conceded 55 less points, you get your answer about where the problems are currently situated with this team.

Yep thats why i put that on there, was originally going to put offense and defensive rankings as well but due to MNF they werent current when i made it. Also with Leacher and his awesome punting our D is actually doing pretty good considering opponents offenses dont usually get a very short field

Vinnie
09-24-2013, 03:48 PM
I can't get excited about this game

Me either. I'm more excited about the HEB ad coming out tomorrow and seeing what they have on sale for me to smoke for the tailgate. Maybe they'll even have a deal on beer, going to need plenty of it, I'm sure.

DX-TEX
09-24-2013, 04:53 PM
46-10 Seahawks.

Sorry.

thunderkyss
09-24-2013, 04:57 PM
I'm excited. I can't wait. I love watching the Texans play. I like watching good football. Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose. But generally speaking it's usually a good game. Always better if we win & over the last 2 seasons, we've won more than we've lost. Even in 2010, there were some damn good games. Nail biters, all the way to the end.

Odds are much better that the Texans will deliver an awesome game to watch come Sunday than not.

Tailgate
09-24-2013, 05:03 PM
The turnover battle MUST be won.

disaacks3
09-24-2013, 05:10 PM
The turnover battle MUST be won. It usually is. The only question is by whom? :bubbles:

If we can keep it close @ home, it's anybody's game. If we get down early to teams better than the Titans / Chargers, it'll be a long day.

Tailgate
09-24-2013, 05:13 PM
It usually is. The only question is by whom? :bubbles:

If we can keep it close @ home, it's anybody's game. If we get down early to teams better than the Titans / Chargers, it'll be a long day.

No doubt. And its going to take a cupla takeaways from our D and no ints by their stud secondary for us to keep it close imo.

htowntexans1985
09-24-2013, 05:15 PM
31-17. Seahawks. They're clicking on all cylinders. Needless to say we're not. Lynch and co. Will be in beast mode.

gafftop
09-24-2013, 05:28 PM
A lot depends on turnovers I think in how close the game will be.

If we win turnover battle +2 I think we may have a chance.

If they win turnover battle +2 then I think it may be worse than Baltimore.

I may be one of the only ones not on the KJ bandwagon and one of the main reasons I am not is because in man he doesn't ever seem to look at ball and lowers his chance of intercepting the ball. Now it seems JJo is following his lead. Do they teach this method? I think the interception is the great equalizer against a good passing team and we never seem to be close unless the ball is tipped.

41-13 with 5 sacks and 2 int by MS

I think this game could be very telling but don't think any big changes will be made no matter what. Can't wait.
Make me eat crow Texans

kiwitexansfan
09-24-2013, 05:46 PM
I trust our defense, but our shaky OLine against there plug and go pass rush is going to get UGLY.

Got to run the ball effectively for us to have ANY hope.

Texans win a defensive slugfest 16-14. :koolaid:

Goodwrench3
09-24-2013, 06:32 PM
Houston - 29
Seattle - 10

Bulls on Parade
09-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Anybody else watching the SportsNet Central show on CSN Houston? Duane Brown was live in studio and sounds like he's close to returning. Says he'll know by Friday but his toe is feeling night-and-day better than it did last week at this time. He's no longer wearing the protective boot either. He's walking fine and going to take first-team reps in practice tomorrow.

Bulls on Parade
09-24-2013, 07:11 PM
I trust our defense, but our shaky OLine against there plug and go pass rush is going to get UGLY.

Got to run the ball effectively for us to have ANY hope.

Texans win a defensive slugfest 16-14. :koolaid:
Duane Brown is going to be back. Our offensive line should be fine with three pro bowlers on it and the right side improving. Andre Johnson's status is day-to-day but he should play against the Seahawks also.

I still think it comes down to Arian Foster having his best game of the season. I think he does with 22 rushes, 130 yards and 3 TDs against a strong Seahawks defense. Texans win 34-17 and everybody is happy.

CloakNNNdagger
09-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Anybody else watching the SportsNet Central show on CSN Houston? Duane Brown was live in studio and sounds like he's close to returning. Says he'll know by Friday but his toe is feeling night-and-day better than it did last week at this time. He's no longer wearing the protective boot either. He's walking fine and going to take first-team reps in practice tomorrow.

If they don't at least let him rest/rehab at least one more week, he is more likely to perform as though he were still wearing the boot.

Texas T
09-25-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm excited because I'll be at the game.

My first game at Reliant!!! They will pull this off and the Texans will win!!!

Rey
09-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Texans - 24
Hawks - 34

Texans held in check for most of the game. Score some late garbage TD's.

Bulls on Parade
09-25-2013, 10:02 AM
If they don't at least let him rest/rehab at least one more week, he is more likely to perform as though he were still wearing the boot.
I don't know if the Texans have that luxury. Can't afford to lose this home game against the Seahawks and drop to 2-2 before a tough road game at San Francisco the following week. I expect Duane Brown to play this Sunday.

If this game was in Seattle, an impossible environment to win, then I'd sit him out and wouldn't even let him make the trip just like at Baltimore last game. But this is a winnable home game for us. The Seahawks are not the same dominating team on the road that they are at home.

Scooter
09-25-2013, 10:05 AM
we actually match up pretty well here. our zone scheme can get their line off of their spots for big gains. our stacks and crossing patterns can open holes in their man coverage. andre and nuk can get just as physical as their great DB's. on defense, the unintentional containment (meaning we cant get there) may keep wilson in the pocket. our run defense has been strong. our coverage has been pretty good, if we can eliminate the stupid mistakes and bad calls we're solid. watt's due for a player of the week game and ninja is settled in.

i'm as concerned as anybody about our holes (schaub and newton specifically), but assuming we can keep wilson from running, i think we match up favorably.

CloakNNNdagger
09-25-2013, 10:12 AM
We are still looking for a 2-half "complete" game. Unfortunately, with the Seahawks, we are more likely to see the Texans show a complete poor game than a complete good game.:chef:

Bulls on Parade
09-25-2013, 10:20 AM
Texans - 24
Hawks - 34

Texans held in check for most of the game. Score some late garbage TD's.
Seahawks barely scored 12 points at Carolina Week 1. They are far from the sensational team you see when they're at their house (CenturyLink Field), aka, home of the 12th man.

I don't expect the Seahawks to score anymore than 12 points against our defense in this one. Four field goals at best for their offense. They will stall each time they reach the red zone, if they even reach the red zone.

That being said, we can't give up 14 easy points off a pick six and punt return for a Touchdown like last game. We were leading that game 6-3 late in the first half and self destructed. Look, it was a tough road game, we allowed the Ravens to get the best of us. There is nothing we can do about that now.

Texans 27, Seahawks 12

We find a way to put last week's horrible game at Baltimore behind us. While the Seahawks defense is solid, I think Arian Foster shocks the world and shows up for this game with over 100 yards rushing and a couple TDs.

Arian Foster has been playing absolutely horrible the first three games of this season and he knows it too. He reads this board and sees all of our comments. I think he's about to have himself a great game. No better time to do that with Marshawn Lynch in town. A guy that some people say has surpassed Arian Foster as the second best RB in the league (behind Adrian Peterson). Arian has too much pride to let that kind of talk slide without a fight. Time for Arian Foster to show why he's getting paid that superstar money.

The Reliant Stadium crowd has to come alive. I'm tired of the same dead-beat crowd out there. I know the team hasn't given us any reason to cheer our lungs out lately, but that place seemed like a funeral in the fourth quarter against the Titans last home game. Especially when we fell behind by 8 points late in the game. Sure, it erupted in relief when the Texans reeled off 14 unanswered points to win it in overtime.

But I want to see a loud and energetic Reliant Stadium crowd from the opening kick off all the way until the final second of the game. This home game against the Seahawks is huge. I'm calling it a must-win game early in the season. Especially with the Texans, Colts and Titans all sporting a 2-1 record.

It's only Wednesday right now and I know everybody is feeling angry and upset. Nobody wants to hear anything other than doom and gloom. We have four days to feel excited!!!!

CloakNNNdagger
09-25-2013, 10:29 AM
I don't know if the Texans have that luxury. Can't afford to lose this home game against the Seahawks and drop to 2-2 before a tough road game at San Francisco the following week. I expect Duane Brown to play this Sunday.

You're taking for granted that a hobbled Brown is going to be better than a healthy lesser Harris. With that fresh turf toe, that's the last thing you can expect.

DX-TEX
09-25-2013, 11:19 AM
http://gifsoup.com/view2/2404524/clubber-lang-pain-o.gif

For Schaub if plays like Schaub.

CloakNNNdagger
09-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Stop worrying, everybody! Wilson will never beat us.................He's tooooo short!Signed, Case Keenum

Blake
09-25-2013, 11:42 AM
The Seahawks are without Okung too. Our defense is playing well and as long as the offense bounces back with Duane I predict a win.

Texans 24
Seahawks 9

htowntexans1985
09-25-2013, 12:26 PM
Tania Ganguli @taniaganguli

Kubiak to Seahawks reporters on Schaub:
"I think he’s a winner. That’s all he’s
done since he came here." #Texans

Lol!!!

disaacks3
09-25-2013, 12:36 PM

You're taking for granted that a hobbled Brown is going to be better than a healthy lesser Harris. With that fresh turf toe, that's the last thing you can expect. After last week, I just might take the hobbled Brown over Harris. :headhurts:

..then again, Brown hasn't looked like himself this year yet either.

bOODRO87
09-25-2013, 12:43 PM

"I think heís a winner. Thatís all heís

Lol!!!

Oh my dear lord. We're on our way to the "Mack Brown Texas Football" type of mentality. All is well and keep the course.

cstyle42
09-25-2013, 01:00 PM

"I think heís a winner. Thatís all heís

Lol!!!

This comment directly tells us they are not playing to win the super bowl. They are playing to just have a winning record.

CloakNNNdagger
09-25-2013, 01:16 PM
This comment directly tells us they are not playing to win the super bowl. They are playing to just have a winning record.

.........until they can't do that either..........

Blake
09-25-2013, 01:20 PM

My question to you is, what would you want him to say? What would you have said as head coach if asked that question?

CloakNNNdagger
09-25-2013, 01:30 PM
My question to you is, what would you want him to say? What would you have said as head coach if asked that question?

He should have at least stopped after "I think he is a winner."

DX-TEX
09-25-2013, 01:32 PM

"He is a weiner." No one would have caught it anyway

Playoffs
09-25-2013, 02:42 PM
http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/23/72/52/5221006/3/628x471.jpg

Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew

Brown practiced today during individual work, but acknowledged blocking 300-lb linemen is a different beast.

LT @DuaneBrown76 said turf toe in right foot is still causing pain, and he'll likely be a game time decision on Sunday.

Schaub: The sense of urgency in this building and locker room is incredible. #Texans

Schaub: As a QB the ball is in my hands last, and it's my responsibility for what happens. I take ownership. #Texans

Schaub: Seattle's secondary will challenge you, and they're good across the board. #Texans

Matt Schaub at podium now. We have a lot of things to work on, and now we're focused on the Seahawks.

Wilson: @JJ Watt joked w/me at Pro Bowl that if he'd stayed at #Wisconsin, Badgers would've won NCAA title in 2011.

Wilson: Being a #Wisconsin Badger, I know a lot about @JJ Watt. So intelligent. You gotta love what he does.

Seattle QB Russell Wilson on the conference call. Said going against SEA defense every day has made him a lot better.

Dennison: Seattle's team speed is tremendous. They fill gaps well. Sound in what they do. #Texans

Dennison: Seattle secondary is impressive for so many different reasons. #Texans

Offensive coordinator Rick Dennison now at podium. Matt Schaub, all of us, need to get better. #Texans

Kubiak: Montgomery is looking a lot better now. #Texans

Kubiak: We moved Sam Montgomery to defensive line. He was getting bigger, so we're letting him put weight on. #Texans

Kubiak: Reed, Bouye had INT's today in practice. Usually when it happens in practices, it translates to games. #Texans

Kubiak: FS Ed Reed looked pretty good today. Took 1st team and scout team reps. #Texans

Kubiak: Thought today was our best practice of year. Urgency, speed was great. #Texans

Kubiak: #Texans CB Johnathan Joseph has a toe injuryand didn't practice either.

Kubiak is live here... #Texans CB Kareem Jackson is sick, didn't practice today.
"He can go by just his first name," Carroll on JJ Watt. #Texans

Carroll coached Cushing at USC. Said he was one of the best players they ever had at SC. (And they had some good ones) #Texans

"None that I want to repeat at this time," Pete Carroll, chuckling, when asked if he could recall stories about Cushing's intensity. #Texans

"He made the wrong decision, he understands why after watching the film," Dennison says. Declines to say why. #Texans

"It's hard to make plays on him especially down the field because of their length," Dennison on the Seahawks' defense. #Texans

"He's made bad decisions ... and he's learning from them," #Texans OC Rick Dennison on Schaub's interceptions

Kubiak's explanation for Sam Montgomery's position switch is that he's gaining weight w/access to NFL food and weight training. #Texans

Kubiak says the Seahawks' secondary is the biggest they'll face. Safeties are like linebackers. #Texans

"The biggest thing still is the matter of the turnover battle and the way it's hurting our football team," Kubiak says. #Texans

"Any time you give up points some place other than your defense, makes it very difficult on your team," Kubiak. #Texans

"Their ranking is very well deserved," Kubiak on the #Seahawks' defense, ranked first in the NFL. #Texans

DNP: Kareem Jackson (sick), A. Johnson (shin), J. Joseph (sore toe) O daniels (rest), W. Smith (rest), Sharpton (foot), Graham #Texans

Gary Kubiak is here. Duane Brown worked with the trainers today. Did individual work, no team stuff today. #Texans

More on Schaub from Kubiak to Seahawks reporters: "I believe in him and our team believes in him." #Texans

Kubiak to Seahawks reporters on Schaub: "I think he’s a winner. That’s all he’s done since he came here." #Texans
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Kubiak says texans want to run more. They're 43-5 under Kubiak when they run at least 30 times.

brakos82
09-25-2013, 02:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zTitSuZ.png

Playoffs
09-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Texans OLB Whitney Mercilus says he was fined $15,000 for what he said was called a helmet to helmet hit on Joe Flacco. Mercilus said he'll appeal.

cstyle42
09-25-2013, 04:43 PM
.........until they can't do that either..........

It saddens me.

cstyle42
09-25-2013, 04:52 PM

I believe we can win but we haven't proved it or done it in holding the Lombardi trophy. That's our goal but we are taking one step and one day at a time. It starts with me as a coach and Matt as our qb. We cannot change what happened last year or this past sunday. We are working on what we have to work on now and in the future to be winners in February. Talk to me then. END OF INTERVIEW thank you.

ThaShark316
09-25-2013, 05:13 PM
I believe we can win but we haven't proved it or done it in holding the Lombardi trophy. That's our goal but we are taking one step and one day at a time. It starts with me as a coach and Matt as our qb. We cannot change what happened last year or this past sunday. We are working on what we have to work on now and in the future to be winners in February. Talk to me then. END OF INTERVIEW thank you.

Then he'll get ripped for being too cliche.

At least admit that's true..

cstyle42
09-25-2013, 05:17 PM
Then he'll get ripped for being too cliche.

At least admit that's true..

True but the head coach of the patriots is too it comes with success.

ThaShark316
09-25-2013, 06:14 PM
True but the head coach of the patriots is too it comes with success.

Sadly, they've started getting on him too. I think it's ****ed up, to be honest. F EVERYONE, IMO. Haha

Tailgate
09-25-2013, 08:21 PM
If Seattle has a weakness its in their O-Line, and are facing a big injury at LT as are we.

According to pff we are the very worst in the league in pass blocking @ -19.4 and good in run blocking @ +6.5

Conversley Seattle is very good in pass rush @ +11.8 and solid against the run @ +11.3

We are middle of the pack rushing the passer (mostly due to Watt) @ +1.6 and 3rd in the league defending the run @ +13.5

Seattle is not good in pass blocking @ -8.2 and terrible @ run blocking -18.7

We need for Mercilus to have a big game and our pass blocking to improve dramatically (and win turnover battle obviously) for us to have a chance to pull this one out and calm the naysayers.

Perki-Perk
09-25-2013, 08:56 PM

Might as well take 21, even 28 pts off that total. 2 pick 6's, a pick at the goal line, and a punt return for a TD should not count against the D....

Seegara
09-25-2013, 08:56 PM
Goony Birds 34
Toros 0

NastyNate
09-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Goony Birds 34
Toros 0

I hate to say it, but this is exactly how I see it. Our completely inept offense is somehow supposed right the ship against the league's best defense that is only allowing 9 points per game? I just can't see it happening.

OzzO
09-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
"Kubiak: Reed, Bouye had INT's today in practice. Usually when it happens in practices, it translates to games. #Texans"

... and someone had to throw those....

kiwitexansfan
09-25-2013, 09:28 PM
... and someone had to throw those....

Reed was taking scout team snaps..... Buoys isn't a starter, so that means it must have been.....

Texan_Bill
09-25-2013, 09:34 PM
Meh.......... I expect a loss.

The question is this:
Will the Texans show up and play a good game, or will they look as lousy as they did against Baltimore?

Over/Under on the "Booooooooos!!!"?

1st or 2nd quarter?

3rd quarter???

Someone call a line. For me it will be the first 3 and out IN the first quarter!

thunderkyss
09-25-2013, 10:16 PM
I expect them boys on Kirby to show up & do what they do. They're going to win, but there's going to be a "glaring" weakness or two. We'll expose a glaring weakness or two in the Seahags as well... how else can we beat them? But that's not important, we're only worried about festering our thoughts on how perfect we are not.

I'm not going to make a sarcastic prediction, using Flacco's elite status & the wide open offense designed by CamCameron/JimCaldwell. I find that confuses some of my TT brothers.

In short, we's gonna spank that azz!

Texan_Bill
09-25-2013, 11:00 PM
I expect them boys on Kirby to show up & do what they do. Their going to win, but there's going to be a "glaring" weakness or two. We'll expose a glaring weakness or two in the Seahags as well... how else can we beat them? But that's not important, we're only worried about festering our thoughts on how perfect we are not.

I'm not going to make a sarcastic prediction, using Flacco's elite status & the wide open offense designed by CamCameron/JimCaldwell. I find that confuses some of my TT brothers.

In short, we's gonna spank that azz!

TK, I love your enthusiasm brother!!! :clap:

Although, from what we've seen, you suffer from a bit of: :koolaid:

Kind of weird coming from me though... I tend to suffer from: :koolaid: myself!!

silvrhand
09-26-2013, 09:49 AM
TK, I love your enthusiasm brother!!! :clap:

Although, from what we've seen, you suffer from a bit of: :koolaid:

Kind of weird coming from me though... I tend to suffer from: :koolaid: myself!!

Hehe I want to be all kool-aid high too but ugh the sealants look really good.

thunderkyss
09-26-2013, 11:48 AM

They looked really good against the Jags & the 9ers. We know about the Jags & the 9ers aren't looking so hot. The Seahawks looked like JAT (just another team) against the Panthers.

They put their pants on one leg at a time, just like Jj Watt.

DX-TEX
09-26-2013, 12:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh6D_hw-Xvk

Never forget

Big52Hurt
09-26-2013, 02:56 PM
I think the good guys pull this one out. Remember last year when the Packers kicked our teeth in and the next week we smashed the Ravens by 30. They'll play better.

so the thought is that this time around....it was the Ravens that kicked your teeth in and winning by 21 (holding them to 3 FGs) so that means that the Texans will smash the Seahawks? i don't know about that one man. the Texans played great against us last year but you guys seem to forget that we had no Ray Lewis or Lardarius Webb on defense and Suggs was just coming back from his ACL tear. at least give us that! lol!

Tailgate
09-26-2013, 04:09 PM
so the thought is that this time around....it was the Ravens that kicked your teeth in and winning by 21 (holding them to 3 FGs) so that means that the Texans will smash the Seahawks? i don't know about that one man. the Texans played great against us last year but you guys seem to forget that we had no Ray Lewis or Lardarius Webb on defense and Suggs was just coming back from his ACL tear. at least give us that! lol!

Totally. And when you have injuries such as a hobbled AJ and our best O lineman by far not present, that on the road when you throw picks/give up defensive/special teams tds that the game can get out of hand rather easy... Just like last year. Would you agree?

Texian
09-26-2013, 05:27 PM
When the Texans are known as a soft Country Club team and practices are closer to playing Flag Football vs Seattle who practice and tackle like they want to go to the Super Bowl it looks like it will be a long day for the Country Club folks.

In addition the Texans still are having difficulty with teams playing over .500 football and I don't foresee any changes.

HouTx11
09-26-2013, 07:42 PM
the Texans played great against us last year but you guys seem to forget that we had no Ray Lewis or Lardarius Webb on defense and Suggs was just coming back from his ACL tear. at least give us that! lol!

Given. Meanwhile, the Texans were without Brian Cushing.

CloakNNNdagger
09-26-2013, 07:52 PM
The Texans seem to commonly leave their CBs AND their safeties manned up on an island while the rest of the team blitzes. We got burned last week and with the type of QB we're going to face this week, toast will not be a word referring to what they had for breakfast. KJ again can't turn around, JJo can't keep up, the others many times aren't even in the screen shots, and Ed Reed has still not gotten word from the league concerning his request for a one-time equipment exemption for a motorized wheelchair. Something's got to change drastically, not only with the offense, but also definitely with defense.:texflag:

Surreal McCoy
09-27-2013, 10:30 AM
The Texans seem to commonly leave their CBs AND their safeties manned up on an island while the rest of the team blitzes. We got burned last week and with the type of QB we're going to face this week, toast will not be a word referring to what they had for breakfast. KJ again can't turn around, JJo can't keep up, the others many times aren't even in the screen shots, and Ed Reed has still not gotten word from the league concerning his request for a one-time equipment exemption for a motorized wheelchair. Something's got to change drastically, not only with the offense, but also definitely with defense.:texflag:

It's amazing how we can consistently blitz 5 or 6 against 5 blockers and never get anywhere close to the opposing QB unless Watt does it by himself. On the other hand, opposing teams can rush just 4 and collapse the pocket seemingly at will.

CloakNNNdagger
09-27-2013, 11:32 PM
Here's a "drunk" Hawks fan's take on the Texans.

Rapping with the Drunkard: The Houston Texans (http://www.fieldgulls.com/nfl-commentary/2013/9/27/4775174/the-drunkard-the-houston-texans-Suck-it-JJ)

thunderkyss
09-28-2013, 02:25 AM
Here's a "drunk" Hawks fan's take on the Texans.

Rapping with the Drunkard: The Houston Texans (http://www.fieldgulls.com/nfl-commentary/2013/9/27/4775174/the-drunkard-the-houston-texans-Suck-it-JJ)

Entertaining, I'll give him that. Drunk bastid.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

thunderkyss
09-28-2013, 02:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh6D_hw-Xvk

Never forget

Ah yeah. Remember that.

I'm a homer. Cant help it, but that's the Houston Texans I remember. Not those guys we saw last year, we couldn't put our finger on it, or didn't want to admit, but we knew something just wasn't right. We got swept up in the 2011 next man up mantra that we expected it to happen in 2012... but it didn't.

Arian wasn't right, Tate wasn't right, Schaub wasn't right, Jjo wasn't right. We lost Mario, Winston, Briesel, Dresse.. we were lucky to get 12 wins & we knew it (didn't want to say it).

But Matt looks healthy now, so does Jjo, Foster, Tate, even Andre looks better. We've got some new challenges. Still trying to replace Mario & Winston. I still believe we've got the tools & the people to make this a better team than that 2011 team where the sky was the limit.. a Lombardi was in our grasp, with a third string rookie QB.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Heath Shuler
09-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Seahawks Insider
Seahawks at Texans Keys to the Game

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Seahawks_at_Texans_Keys_to_the_Game/bd71cac4-e686-45a2-a302-b268aafffc2e

thunderkyss
09-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Has anyone looked at the NFL.com passing defensive rankings by number of sacks (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2013&seasonType=REG&role=OPP&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&conference=ALL&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_SACKED)? I know sacks aren't the end all be all, but generally speaking, the teams with the most sacks are usually the teams with more hurries & hits.

Seattle is down there at 20, 7 sacks per game.... 3 weeks in, that's about 2 sacks a game.

We're at 16, with 8.... not much better.

Bad news, the Ravens is up there at 7 with 12.

Don't know what to think about Seattle's pass rush.

eriadoc
09-28-2013, 07:03 PM

I'll tell you what to think about it - Derek Newton, Wade Smith, and Ryan Harris.

SacHawk
09-28-2013, 07:13 PM
Has anyone looked at the NFL.com passing defensive rankings by number of sacks (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2013&seasonType=REG&role=OPP&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&conference=ALL&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_SACKED)? I know sacks aren't the end all be all, but generally speaking, the teams with the most sacks are usually the teams with more hurries & hits.

Seattle is down there at 20, 7 sacks per game.... 3 weeks in, that's about 2 sacks a game.

Sacks are a bit misleading. I think pressures is a better indicator of well...pressure.

DocBar
09-28-2013, 08:48 PM
I hope Brown is out this week. He's more valuable down the road. Besides, if Schaub and ST's can keep from allowing the bad guys to put easy points on the board, I think we can win this game with Harris at LT. Seattle's offense doesn't scare me all that much (and neither did Baltimores, but their offense didn't exactly light it up against us, either).

If the Texans execute well, this is a winnable game. I expect them to be fired up and ready to give the hometown fans a treat after the beat down they took in Baltimore.

Texan_Bill
09-28-2013, 08:53 PM

Well except for the fact that the SeaGals over the last three seasons (which -includes 2 playoff runs) are 7-17 on the road in those three seasons!

:texanbill:

So, I'm asking, "So there's a chance"?

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4837951103634279&pid=15.1

Thorn
09-28-2013, 08:58 PM
Well, I guess we're gonna find out soon enough.

DocBar
09-28-2013, 09:14 PM
I'll tell you what to think about it - Derek Newton, Wade Smith, and Ryan Harris.So we can expect to see Bruce Smith, Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor on Seattles defense? :thinking:

DocBar
09-28-2013, 09:56 PM
Priscoe (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/prisco/picks/against-the-spread/4) is picking us to win. That shocks the hell out of me. He's usually a tool about the Texans. I'm not sure how this makes me feel. :fans:

SacHawk
09-28-2013, 10:23 PM
Priscoe (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/prisco/picks/against-the-spread/4) is picking us to win. That shocks the hell out of me. He's usually a tool about the Texans. I'm not sure how this makes me feel. :fans:

Prisco is a known Seahawk hater. If there's even the slimmest of reasons to pick the opposing team, he will. He HATES Pete Carroll.

CloakNNNdagger
09-28-2013, 10:48 PM
So we can expect to see Bruce Smith, Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor on Seattles defense? :thinking:

No. But one thing that I'm not sure that anyone is giving much thought to...........Seattle's CBs are BIG. If Schaub tries to pull off some of his signature jump ups for AJ or Deandre, expect more picks than what we expect anyway. Both of Seattle's CBs tower at 6' 3"..........and both with nice vertical jump ability.

MEGA SWATT
09-28-2013, 11:58 PM
I really hope the texans surprise us and win the game convincingly:bender:

DocBar
09-29-2013, 01:47 AM
No. But one thing that I'm not sure that anyone is giving much thought to...........Seattle's CBs are BIG. If Schaub tries to pull off some of his signature jump ups for AJ or Deandre, expect more picks than what we expect anyway. Both of Seattle's CBs tower at 6' 3"..........and both with nice vertical jump ability.John McLame wrote an article about this. Keep it real, bro.

BTW, 6'3 and runs good means he has stone hands when he's on defense. I'll take my chances with AJ and DHop just taking the ball away. Unless Schaub does a patented short arm after 15 yds.

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 09:52 AM
I really hope the texans surprise us and win the game convincingly:bender:

What difference would it make? We beat the Broncos & Ravens convincingly last year... the haters are gonna hate as long as Schaub & Kubiak are here.

DX-TEX
09-29-2013, 10:01 AM
Every scenario I can come up with in my head for us to win this is something this team is not capable or willing to do. I hate this feeling...

handswarmer
09-29-2013, 10:28 AM

According to NFL.com Offensive Line stats of QB hits given up:

Houston is #9 in QB its with 20

Seattle is #19 with 15

Baltimore is #23 with 13

Edit*** this is more what you are looking for....Houston actually had a higher % of Sacks, Hits, Hurries, etc than Baltimore did because dropped back to pass less.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/26/justin-houston-dontari-poe-pass-rush/

Scroll to second table and you'll see Seattle, KC, Balt and Houston are 1-4 in the rankings

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Edit*** this is more what you are looking for....Houston actually had a higher % of Sacks, Hits, Hurries, etc than Baltimore did because dropped back to pass less.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/26/justin-houston-dontari-poe-pass-rush/

Scroll to second table and you'll see Seattle, KC, Balt and Houston are 1-4 in the rankings

Thanks... Seattle ranking that high is not exactly what I was looking for. :mariopalm:

But yeah, that's what I was looking for.