PDA

View Full Version : SeaHawks fan here

SacHawk
09-23-2013, 07:24 PM
Hello all!

Obviously, I'm a SeaHawks fan. But There are two teams in the AFC that I find myself following or rooting for. The first is the Texans (Waaay classier than Dallas fans), the second is the team the Texans have beaten the last two years in the playoffs.

I am very much looking forward to the game on Sunday, and I have to say, regardless of what happened in Baltimore, this is a game that has me a bit worried.

Our All-Pro left tackle is on injured reserve with a return designation, and our guard play has been shaky at best. That didn't prove too detrimental against the Jags, but the Texans aren't the Jags. I expect to see TE Zach Miller helping quite a bit with JJ Watt, so you shouldn't see him releasing into the secondary very often.

I also would guess that the 'Hawks are going to try and run the ball a lot. You won't see a whole lot of 5 to 7 step drops from our QB on Sunday. I'm guessing you'll see more 3 step drops, play action, and roll outs. If not, Wilson is going to get hit.

On the other side, I have a pretty good feeling about our defense that is getting healthier going against your banged up offense. And Schaub is a statue, so that works in our favor.

But all in all, I expect a close game with the result hinging on turnovers and a few big plays where they can be had. Cheers to a good and injury free game on Sunday!

:slapfight:

gwallaia
09-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Welcome to the board, I'm sure there will be some good football discussion leading up to the game Sunday. Everyone here is pretty pissed off at our team right now. The Texans better come out as angry as the fans are right now.

kingtexan
09-23-2013, 07:39 PM
I expect most Texans fans to watch the game, see your QB perform compared to ours, and want to jump off their balconies. Fortunately here in Houston many homes are single story, and very few are more than two, so it will be mostly just sprained ankles and nicks and bruises.

Welcome ...

eriadoc
09-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Serious question - would you trade Wilson for Schaub if you could? Either this year alone or going forward.

DocBar
09-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Welcome to the board, Seahawks Fan. I hope we have a good game (that means we blow y'all out) and the Texans can get back on track.

The Seahawks have an awesome secondary, but I think we match up well in several key areas. Hopefully there are no injuries and the good guys win.

kingtexan
09-23-2013, 07:45 PM
Serious question - would you trade Wilson for Schaub if you could? Either this year alone or going forward.

If you are asking that of me I would give up much more than Matt for Wilson.

DocBar
09-23-2013, 07:46 PM
If you are asking that of me I would give up much more than Matt for Wilson.I don't believe he was asking you. Just saying....

kingtexan
09-23-2013, 07:46 PM
I don't believe he was asking you. Just saying....

Thought he may have "only" been asking the OP ...

SchaubApologist
09-23-2013, 07:49 PM
Hello all!

Obviously, I'm a SeaHawks fan. But There are two teams in the AFC that I find myself following or rooting for. The first is the Texans (Waaay classier than Dallas fans), the second is the team the Texans have beaten the last two years in the playoffs.

I am very much looking forward to the game on Sunday, and I have to say, regardless of what happened in Baltimore, this is a game that has me a bit worried.

Our All-Pro left tackle is on injured reserve with a return designation, and our guard play has been shaky at best. That didn't prove too detrimental against the Jags, but the Texans aren't the Jags. I expect to see TE Zach Miller helping quite a bit with JJ Watt, so you shouldn't see him releasing into the secondary very often.

I also would guess that the 'Hawks are going to try and run the ball a lot. You won't see a whole lot of 5 to 7 step drops from our QB on Sunday. I'm guessing you'll see more 3 step drops, play action, and roll outs. If not, Wilson is going to get hit.

On the other side, I have a pretty good feeling about our defense that is getting healthier going against your banged up offense. And Schaub is a statue, so that works in our favor.

But all in all, I expect a close game with the result hinging on turnovers and a few big plays where they can be had. Cheers to a good and injury free game on Sunday!

Welcome! I respect the Seahawks a great deal. Are you sure Russell Okung is "All Pro"? I believe he's a pro bowler, and that's a great accomplishment.. But All Pro is a whole different tamale.

If the game comes down to turnovers, I think you guys have the advantage. To be honest, our only turnovers of the season come in the form of INT's. We have been pretty good about not fumbling thus far. **knock on wood**

I think you will have a hard time running the ball against us. But, Russell is a savvy QB who can throw bullets down the field.

Seahawks are a much better home team, so we have that going for us.

I think it will be a good, hard fought game.. With the Texans coming out on top.

NastyNate
09-23-2013, 07:49 PM
Well enjoy the feast, our offense is a flaming piece of dog sheet.

SacHawk
09-23-2013, 07:50 PM

No. Absolutely not. Never ever. Russell Wilson is the absolute truth.

Peyton Manning set the rookie record for TD passes with 26 while throwing 28 INTS that same year. Russell Wilson tied his record while only throwing 10 INTS, and only 2 over the second half of the season.

Russell Wilson was second all time for rookie passer rating at 100.00 (RGIII was like 100.04 or something)

Russell Wilson owns the rookie record for consecutive passes completed at 17

Wilson is currently the 3rd highest rated passer in the NFL at 109.6

He's got wheels, and he can run. But he's a passer first.

Matt Schaub is Matt Hasselbeck2.0

kingtexan
09-23-2013, 07:52 PM

I was thinking David Carr 2.0, but without the strong arm, or ability to run.

DocBar
09-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Thought he may have "only" been asking the OP ...Still didn't give a damn about your opinion. LOL. :kitten:

kingtexan
09-23-2013, 07:56 PM
Still didn't give a damn about your opinion. LOL. :kitten:

No one does, I know it ... but yet continue to share ... :texflag:

eriadoc
09-23-2013, 07:58 PM

:tiphat:

SchaubApologist
09-23-2013, 08:00 PM

Peyton Manning set the rookie record for TD passes with 26 while throwing 28 INTS that same year. Russell Wilson tied his record while only throwing 10 INTS, and only 2 over the second half of the season.

Russell Wilson was second all time for rookie passer rating at 100.00 (RGIII was like 100.04 or something)

I'm not so sure the question was "serious"

Texan_Bill
09-23-2013, 08:00 PM
All I know is this.... @theGuruStu is coming in town Friday from Seattle. I look forward to seeing him but kicking his ass Sunday!!! :cow:

Stu, I'll see ya at Nick's place Friday!

*EDIT*

BTW Stu, you sounded a bit awnry on 1560 this evening!!

eriadoc
09-23-2013, 08:03 PM
I'm not so sure the question was "serious"

Was curious what an outsider thought of Schaub.

SchaubApologist
09-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Was curious what an outsider thought of Schaub.

oh, my bad.. thought you were being facetious (:

well, for what it's worth.. I would totally trade wilson for schaub straight up if I were the Seahawks ;)

Showtime100
09-23-2013, 08:09 PM

I wonder what it's like to feel that way about a Houston quarterback. It's been so long since the days of Dante and later, Warren Moon.

SacHawk
09-23-2013, 08:16 PM
I wonder what it's like to feel that way about a Houston quarterback. It's been so long since the days of Dante and later, Warren Moon.

Honestly, I think David Carr could have been really good. I also think getting sacked that many times while QBing for an expansion team can be detrimental for a QB.

Also, the Schaub comparison to Hasselbeck wasn't a knock. We loves us some Matt Hasselbeck up here. Hasselbeck was the epitome of "goodness" and in his prime had some really great moments. But he did not have that "it" that makes great quarterbacks.

NastyNate
09-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Honestly, I think David Carr could have been really good. I also think getting sacked that many times while QBing for an expansion team can be detrimental for a QB.

Also, the Schaub comparison to Hasselbeck wasn't a knock. We loves us some Matt Hasselbeck up here. Hasselbeck was the epitome of "goodness" and in his prime had some really great moments. But he did not have that "it" that makes great quarterbacks.

Guy had something like a 3.8 second snap to release time. He had the field awareness of Lacy Peterson.

2slik4u
09-23-2013, 08:31 PM

Yes.

thunderkyss
09-23-2013, 09:09 PM

I liked Hasselbeck, especially when he played with the Seahawks. He was a gamer. Good enough to get his team to the Super Bowl. The Tennessee Titans Hasselbeck wasn't. He was better than any QB they've had since McNair, but that's not saying a lot.

In his prime, in Seattle, I would have taken that Hasselbeck over the Schaub we've got today. Stat wise, I'm sure Matt blows him out of the water, but Hasselbeck didn't have Andre Johnson & Gary Kubiak.

Allegra
09-23-2013, 09:12 PM
Welcome to the board, I'm sure there will be some good football discussion leading up to the game Sunday. Everyone here is pretty pissed off at our team right now. The Texans better come out as angry as the fans are right now.

Amen to that!!

mattieuk
09-23-2013, 09:30 PM

Plus Russell is making about 500k this season.

I'm pretty glad a get to catch all the Seahawks games, as they're the local team here. The amount of talent that team has is sickening.

I'm glad that the Texans are going into this one pissed off as heck - because if we put a performance in like against the Ravens, it would be uggggly.

Side question - as Texas has seen a heck of a lot of homerism regarding Vince Young - what is the reception for Jake Locker going to be in Seattle when you guys play the tacks this year? Must be a few Husky alumnus looking to go for that one.

DX-TEX
09-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Hi welcome. Thanks for coming to watch us get our **** pushed in.

thunderkyss
09-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Side question - as Texas has seen a heck of a lot of homerism regarding Vince Young - what is the reception for Jake Locker going to be in Seattle when you guys play the tacks this year? Must be a few Husky alumnus looking to go for that one.

I doubt it's a big deal. If we had a competent QB in Houston, the VY thing wouldn't have been so bad. You didn't here Cowboy fans clamoring for Vince (even though they're more Longhorn fans than Houston is).

We chose to stick with a QB that had not done crap..... we gave him an extra $8M to stay... he had not won the heart of the fans. We passed on Vince & a year later we trade two seconds for A back-up.

thunderkyss
09-23-2013, 09:52 PM
Hi welcome. Thanks for coming to watch us get our **** pushed in.

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1364/43/1364434078549.jpg

brakos82
09-23-2013, 09:59 PM
Hello all!

Slightly off-topic, but go Sounders. :tiphat:

Texn4life
09-23-2013, 10:12 PM
I have a strange feeling this will be a repeat of the Packers game last year. Just glad its not on prime time.

DocBar
09-23-2013, 10:15 PM
I have a strange feeling this will be a repeat of the Packers game last year. Just glad its not on prime time.I have a strange feeling it's going to be a repeat of the Seahawks-49'rs game. The home team wins in a rout. The Seahawks will see what a truly LOUD stadium sounds like. :kitten:

Texecutioner
09-23-2013, 11:05 PM
I have a strange feeling this will be a repeat of the Packers game last year. Just glad its not on prime time.

The Seahawks aren't clicking like that on offense yet. Plus, the Texans just took a bad loss and I'm sure it will wake them up some. I think it will be a close game with the Seahawks winning by no more then a touchdown unless our offensive line completely fails Schaub.

DocBar
09-23-2013, 11:07 PM
The Seahawks aren't clicking like that on offense yet. Plus, the Texans just took a bad loss and I'm sure it will wake them up some. I think it will be a close game with the Seahawks winning by no more then a touchdown unless our offensive line completely fails Schaub.And Call begins quirting the Shiite out of Gus!!!!! Blasphemy!!!!!!

Texecutioner
09-23-2013, 11:09 PM
And Call begins quirting the Shiite out of Gus!!!!! Blasphemy!!!!!!

Hope I'm wrong, but do you see it going differently?

DocBar
09-23-2013, 11:14 PM
Hope I'm wrong, but do you see it going differently?Of course I do!!! :koolaid: Ican't root against my team regardless of the matchup and/or cynicism of my posts. :fans:

Texecutioner
09-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Of course I do!!! :koolaid: Ican't root against my team regardless of the matchup and/or cynicism of my posts. :fans:

Well I'm not rooting against them. :fans:

That is just how I would see it if I was going to Vegas and betting my hard earned money on the outcome. Put it that way. :fingergun:

MEGA SWATT
09-24-2013, 12:15 AM
It's gonna be one of the following:

Texans curb stomp the hawks and expose them for not being there yet and exorcise the demons from the first 3 wks........

Or

Texans get destroyed and further embarrassed.

Texn4life
09-24-2013, 12:27 AM
The Seahawks aren't clicking like that on offense yet. Plus, the Texans just took a bad loss and I'm sure it will wake them up some. I think it will be a close game with the Seahawks winning by no more then a touchdown unless our offensive line completely fails Schaub.

I know its tough to remember, but the Packers weren't exactly setting the world on fire before they came to Reliant last year either. They hadn't scored over 30 points before they played the Texans even against an all-time bad defense of New Orleans.

I hope we win, but I'm feeling a little bit like the the Little Giants right now about to play the Cowboys. But there is always that one time! (Movie reference)

P.S. I'm just joking Tex..... calm down buddy I haven't jumped ship even though I am worried.

SacHawk
09-24-2013, 12:37 AM

Some SeaHawks fans wanted us to draft Jake Locker; I am not one of them. Locker is a slightly upgraded version of Tebow, intangibles and all, only minus Jesus and probably the whole "being a virgin" thing.

Showtime100
09-24-2013, 12:41 AM
Some SeaHawks fans wanted us to draft Jake Locker; I am not one of them. Locker is a slightly upgraded version of Tebow, intangibles and all, only minus Jesus and probably the whole "being a virgin" thing.

Just curious about your board name. Are you a 'Hawk fan from Sacramento? As I said, just curious.

Welcome to the board, btw. :)

SacHawk
09-24-2013, 01:32 AM
Just curious about your board name. Are you a 'Hawk fan from Sacramento? As I said, just curious.

Welcome to the board, btw. :)

Thanks! And yes, I'm in Sacramento.

kiwitexansfan
09-24-2013, 01:46 AM
I was thinking David Carr 2.0, but without the strong arm, or ability to run.

You forgot the amazing hair.

Thorn
09-24-2013, 07:17 AM
The Texans will be 4-3 at the bye week. The Seahawks game is one of the two loses they'll suffer in the next four weeks.

HOU-TEX
09-24-2013, 10:06 AM
I must say, the Seahawks message board is very hard on the eyes. They seem like a pretty coo fanbase.

http://seahawks.net/

SacHawk
09-24-2013, 10:34 AM
I must say, the Seahawks message board is very hard on the eyes. They seem like a pretty coo fanbase.

http://seahawks.net/

That there is my home on the internet. You get used to the color scheme after a bit. From what I hear it's going through a re-design, but the color schemes won't change much.

Dread-Head
09-24-2013, 10:34 AM

:thinking: To whom would I compare thee Matthew Schaub?

The names:

Hasselbeck

Brister

Carr

Flacco

Romo

&

Grossman

come to mind.

noxiousdog
09-24-2013, 10:43 AM

That's always been my go to comparison, and Hasselbeck never had a good season after the age of 32. Schaub is 32.

Double Barrel
09-24-2013, 10:46 AM
:thinking: To whom would I compare thee Matthew Schaub?

The names:

Hasselbeck

Brister

Carr

Flacco

Romo

&

Grossman

come to mind.

ugh...you just had to go there, didn't you... :smiliepalm:

I really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really, really, really want to believe in Matt Schaub.

But I cannot disagree with your list* and I could never believe in any of those jokers....

*'cept for Flacco. Dude has a ring, SB MVP, and made some serious clutch plays last year that I have serious doubts MS can perform under pressure.

cstyle42
09-24-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm sure most other fans see Schaub as a average qb at best.

CloakNNNdagger
09-24-2013, 10:55 AM
I liked Hasselbeck, especially when he played with the Seahawks. He was a gamer. Good enough to get his team to the Super Bowl. The Tennessee Titans Hasselbeck wasn't. He was better than any QB they've had since McNair, but that's not saying a lot.

In his prime, in Seattle, I would have taken that Hasselbeck over the Schaub we've got today. Stat wise, I'm sure Matt blows him out of the water, but Hasselbeck didn't have Andre Johnson & Gary Kubiak.

Stats is definitely what Schaub accumulates. But look at the Hawks game this past Sunday. Even against a terrible team like the Jags, Wilson only completed 14 of 21 passes for 202 yards but with four touchdowns. The Seahawks scored a total of six touchdowns in this one and they were all offensive. I wonder how many yards Schaub would had to throw before getting 4 passing TDs? 500?:chef:

nero THE zero
09-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Stats is definitely what Schaub accumulates. But look at the Hawks game this past Sunday. Even against a terrible team like the Jags, Wilson only completed 14 of 21 passes for 202 yards but with four touchdowns. The Seahawks scored a total of six touchdowns in this one and they were all offensive. I wonder how many yards Schaub would had to throw before getting 4 passing TDs? 500?:chef:

To piggyback on this, from Chase Stuart yesterday:
Chase Stuart as @fbgchase

Russell Wilson leads the NFL in air yards on his completed passes, at 9.83 per. Geno Smith is second at 9.13.

It's subject to interpretation as to whether this is a product of the offense, Schaub's physical limitations, or a combination of both, but it remains that Wilson is a potent downfield passer.

Dread-Head
09-24-2013, 11:03 AM
ugh...you just had to go there, didn't you... :smiliepalm:

I really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really, really, really want to believe in Matt Schaub.

But I cannot disagree with your list* and I could never believe in any of those jokers....

*'cept for Flacco. Dude has a ring, SB MVP, and made some serious clutch plays last year that I have serious doubts MS can perform under pressure.

That Ring was a gift from his defense. :kitten: But I will give Flack credit he had his Doug Williams/Buster Douglas moment.

eriadoc
09-24-2013, 11:06 AM

He's thrown for 4 TDs three times and 5 TDs once. The 5 TD game was last year vs. the Jaguars. Texans won 43-37, in part because Schaub also threw 2 INTs. He threw 4 TDs on 290 yards once, and the other two were 350+. Most of the time he throws for about 250 yards and 1-2 TDs. And to be fair, he did throw a TD pass this week as well.

I didn't go check how many 4TD games the SB winning QBs had.

SacHawk
09-24-2013, 11:10 AM
To piggyback on this, from Chase Stuart yesterday:

It's subject to interpretation as to whether this is a product of the offense, Schaub's physical limitations, or a combination of both, but it remains that Wilson is a potent downfield passer.

DangeRuss is deadly efficient, yo.

HOU-TEX
09-24-2013, 11:13 AM
That there is my home on the internet. You get used to the color scheme after a bit. From what I hear it's going through a re-design, but the color schemes won't change much.

I don't know. Maybe it's because I always have it dark in my office and my backgrounds on my cpu are dark. The fluorescent green burns

The group over there seem pretty cool.

SacHawk
09-24-2013, 11:18 AM
The group over there seem pretty cool.

That's because it's true. Unless you're a Niner troll. If you troll, you get a much different impression!

Double Barrel
09-24-2013, 11:23 AM
That Ring was a gift from his defense. :kitten: But I will give Flack credit he had his Doug Williams/Buster Douglas moment.

I won't argue that (not to mention gifts from the Broncos defense, too!!).

I hope our defense can gift our QB with the same!

Are you suggesting that Flacco is Trent Dilfer 2.0 or Brad Johnson 2.0? :whistle:

thunderkyss
09-24-2013, 11:57 AM

If our defense would set him up the way the Seahawks defense set Wilson up, I'm sure Matt's stats would be less gaudy. But when he's having to travel 70 yards to get into Field goal range, he's going to put up some numbers.

eriadoc
09-24-2013, 12:01 PM
If our defense would set him up the way the Seahawks defense set Wilson up, I'm sure Matt's stats would be less gaudy. But when he's having to travel 70 yards to get into Field goal range, he's going to put up some numbers.

Lechler has been turning the field position all three games this season. The offense has been starting with much better field position and they have done relatively little with it. The defense has not done much more with it, to be honest. Field position is an argument you aren't going to win with Lechler pinning the other team inside the 20 consistently.

Texecutioner
09-24-2013, 12:31 PM

You must have missed the playoffs last season if you are going to insist that Flacco received a ring because of his defense.

thunderkyss
09-24-2013, 12:42 PM
You must have missed the playoffs last season if you are going to insist that Flacco received a ring because of his defense.

Hey Tex, what does -->:kitten:<-- mean?

SacHawk
09-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Aside from last years playoffs, Flacco has been sub-mediocre.

Playoffs
09-24-2013, 01:58 PM

:lol:

Okay, how about this: Brice McCain for Richard Sherman straight up? :truck:

BlueSteel
09-24-2013, 04:36 PM
All I know is this.... @theGuruStu is coming in town Friday from Seattle. I look forward to seeing him but kicking his ass Sunday!!! :cow:

Stu, I'll see ya at Nick's place Friday!

*EDIT*

BTW Stu, you sounded a bit awnry on 1560 this evening!!

Not that you know me, nut I am making the trek to Houston this week to support my team and I do not have good good win loss track record.

I feel that the Sanchez Jets season opener and Rosencopter were too of the worst games I have been a part of attending. :headhurts:

Last year I watched the Texans crush the Titans, so I hope that means I have turned into a good luck charm instead of my attendance being a curse. :evil:

SchaubApologist
09-24-2013, 07:39 PM
:lol:

Okay, how about this: Brice McCain for Richard Sherman straight up? :truck:

I think we would have to include a 4th or 5th rounder to make that palatable for Seattle. :trapstar:

SacHawk
09-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Hey, Sherman was originally a 5th round pick. The SeaHawks front office has been uncannily good at drafting in the mid/late rounds. The whole defense is built on afterthoughts when you think about it. Only Earl Thomas is a first round pick. Irvin is too, but he's a pure pass rusher, not an every down starter.

Sherman - 5th round
Browner - CFL Castoff
Chancellor - 5th round
Bobby Wagner - 2nd round
KJ Wright - 4th round
Malcom Smith - 6th round
Mebane - 3rd round
Red Bryant - 4th round
Clemmons - Was a throw in from philly along with the draft pick they sent us for Daryl Tapp

Crazy stuff, really.

Texan_Bill
09-24-2013, 08:38 PM
Slightly off-topic, but go Sounders. :tiphat:

Brakos my friend (and also off-topic), knowing you live in the Pacific Northwest (your hitchhiking trek not withstanding), what the hell are the Sounders?? My brother-in-law played baseball (minor league) for the Nashville Sounders, BWTH???

SacHawk
09-24-2013, 08:46 PM
The Sounders are a Soccer (aka: sissy football aka: futbol aka: European flopology) team.

Showtime100
09-24-2013, 09:29 PM
The Sounders are a Soccer (aka: sissy football aka: futbol aka: European flopology) team.

Oh!! The Sssounderss. Now that I hear it like that, yeah, I've heard of 'em. :D

Texan_Bill
09-24-2013, 09:50 PM

Damn the madness!! Brian Ching announced his retirement!! Apparently there will be some sort of "demonstration match" or some such shyte!! But I digress!!

Never mind, who cares about sissy football!! LOL!

*EDIT*

And yes my friends or mods, feel free to move this post!!!

Giant Tiger
09-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Hey, Sherman was originally a 5th round pick. The SeaHawks front office has been uncannily good at drafting in the mid/late rounds. The whole defense is built on afterthoughts when you think about it. Only Earl Thomas is a first round pick. Irvin is too, but he's a pure pass rusher, not an every down starter.

Sherman - 5th round
Browner - CFL Castoff
Chancellor - 5th round
Bobby Wagner - 2nd round
KJ Wright - 4th round
Malcom Smith - 6th round
Mebane - 3rd round
Red Bryant - 4th round
Clemmons - Was a throw in from philly along with the draft pick they sent us for Daryl Tapp

Crazy stuff, really.

What's a CFL Castoff? It's not unusual for CFL guys to try their luck in the NFL. I still remember Vernon Perry :thumbup Remember Joe Kapp? :boxing: :)

SacHawk
09-24-2013, 10:05 PM
What's a CFL Castoff? It's not unusual for CFL guys to try their luck in the NFL. I still remember Vernon Perry :thumbup Remember Joe Kapp? :boxing: :)

What I meant was that he was cut from the Broncos and had to toil away in the CFL before he got another shot.

Texan_Bill
09-24-2013, 10:09 PM

Doug Flutie??? :thinking: Warren Moon.....

Vernon Perry????
Nice pull!!! He won a playoff game for the Oilers almost singlehandedly by himself given the fact Earl and Dante couldn't go, with 4 picks and a blocked kick (returned for a TD IIRC).

Giant Tiger
09-24-2013, 10:15 PM
Doug Flutie??? :thinking: Warren Moon.....

Vernon Perry????
Nice pull!!! He won a playoff game for the Oilers almost singlehandedly by himself given the fact Earl and Dante couldn't go, with 4 picks and a blocked kick (returned for a TD IIRC).

He got 2 interceptions in the 1977 Grey Cup (stapled shoes) game :hurrah: IIRC, it was the year before Warren Moon joined the Eskimos. I watched a replay of that game a couple of years ago & Warren Moon wasn't there... didn't even see him on the sidelines.

Blake
09-25-2013, 12:13 PM
Hello all!

Welcome. And you should be worried. I am not sold on the Seahawks being as good as they are being touted just yet. You scored 12 points against the Panthers who lost to the Bills, killed the Jags in your stadium who are the NFL's worst team and beat the 49ers who have been looking like frauds so far this season by getting shellacked by the Hawks and the Colts.

You lost Okung. No Irvin.

You are in our house and the Texans are mad. Foster is getting healthy, AJ is getting healthy, Duane Brown is getting healthy and the crowd is going to be going nuts.

You may be able to pull out a win if you buckle your chinstrap tight. But I think the Texans will show you why they collected 22 wins over the past 2 seasons.

Here is to a good injury free game. Cheers.

DX-TEX
09-25-2013, 12:17 PM
Seahawks, Texas A & M called. They want their 12th man shtick back.

Double Barrel
09-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Seahawks, Texas A & M called. They want their 12th man shtick back.

Seattle does it better. :winky:

Seattle Seahawks fans set stadium noise record Sunday

The fan group attempting to set a Guinness World Records mark for loudest stadium says it has established a record during Sunday night's game between the Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers.

The group, called Volume 12, announced on its Facebook page it had set the mark late in the first quarter. The decibel reading taken during a sack of San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick in the first quarter following a one hour weather delay was 131.9 decibels.

The previous record for "loudest crowd roar at a sports stadium," was 131.76 decibels, set in 2011 in Turkey at the Ali Sami Yen Sport Complex Turk Telekom Arena during a soccer match between Galatasaray SC and Fenerbahce.

Source (http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/09/16/seattle-seahawks-fans-set-stadium-noise-record-sunday/)

CloakNNNdagger
09-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Seattle does it better. :winky:

Many times when the Texans fall behind at home, it becomes eerily quite and all you can hear is the 12th Man snoring.:chef: