PDA

View Full Version : Classless act

Seegara
09-22-2013, 07:47 PM
What did you think of the Ravens kicking that last field goal? Do you think if it wasn't for low class, they wouldn't have any at all?

ATXtexanfan
09-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Dont like it, stop it

Showtime100
09-22-2013, 07:56 PM
The Ravens took what the Texans gave them. In this case, the opportunity for three more. So what?

Texn4life
09-22-2013, 07:57 PM
Please don't cry about a late field goal. The Texans got blitzed today..... The end!

cstyle42
09-22-2013, 08:00 PM
Well the ravens are not the good ol boys the texans are... everything is about winning a super bowl over there classy or not.

HTown2ATX
09-22-2013, 08:00 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I wish the Ravens ran the score up BCS style and further depantsed the hapless Texans further once it was already out of reach. Maybe that would serve as a legit wake up call on top of what already was for today.

texanmojo
09-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Was it classless when we kicked the **** out of them last season?

We just got flat out beat today. Kudos to the Ravens.

AMartin56
09-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Their undrafted kicker who is better than our 5th round pick needed the practice.

CretorFrigg
09-22-2013, 08:18 PM
I was more offended by the Texan's offense.

CloakNNNdagger
09-22-2013, 08:26 PM
I would love to see the Texans with a killer attitude..........."step on them when they're down, and squash them like a bug" attitude.........teaches you to want to shove it to a team as a natural response throughout all games from beginning to end.

jaayteetx
09-22-2013, 08:32 PM
I would love to see the Texans with a killer attitude..........."step on them when they're down, and squash them like a bug" attitude.........teaches you to want to shove it to a team as a natural response throughout all games from beginning to end.

You won't get that with Kubiak, never ever. Now, the coach coming into town next week, he'll give it to ya.

MEGA SWATT
09-22-2013, 08:36 PM
Was it classless when we kicked the **** out of them last season?

We just got flat out beat today. Kudos to the Ravens.

Does this mean we win the Super Bowl this time:bender:

TheIronDuke
09-22-2013, 08:39 PM
I don't think it was classless at all. Their kicker, Justin Tucker, has been performing almost as bad as Bullock this season so they let him get a field goal attempt. I see nothing at all classless, I'd kill to have a Harbaugh coaching this team.

chicagotexan2
09-22-2013, 08:47 PM
The entire texans roster was outclassed. That is waaaaaaaaaaaay down on the list of things that bothered me today.

Rey
09-22-2013, 08:55 PM
I didn't even think about that being classless...I was more concerned with, well, us....

texanmojo
09-22-2013, 08:57 PM

I'd really like that to be the case! :)

MEGA SWATT
09-22-2013, 10:15 PM
Me too :headbang:

Wolf6151
09-22-2013, 10:42 PM

How can you be offended by something that's nonexistent.

Lucky
09-22-2013, 10:44 PM
A lot of fans around here are using that kind of logic.

Fred
09-22-2013, 10:57 PM
What did you think of the Ravens kicking that last field goal? Do you think if it wasn't for low class, they wouldn't have any at all?

Let me guess, instead of a normal soccer league your kids play in FFPS ("Fun Fair Positive Soccer") where you don't keep score but no player is EVER allowed to score more than 3 goals (if you are truly not keeping score how would anyone know how many goals any of the players had?) and parents can yell "good try" (even/especially if the player whiffs) but NEVER something like "good kick" (too much like an actual accomplishment).

Well, boo hoo. It's the NFL. Like the Blue soccer league where my daughter's team occasionally dropped a 10-0 beatdown on the other team. Or like her softball team that was usually ahead 20-0 after three innings (they did have a rule that if you were ahead by 8 runs you could only score 6 runs an inning). Not like FFPS. If you don't like it change the channel to HGTV (don't worry, they will buy the house the wife wanted).

steelbtexan
09-22-2013, 10:58 PM
Gary = offensive genius = LOL

His team was totaly outplayed in all 3 phases of the game. You expect the ST's to get outplayed, but not offense/defense.

Wolf6151
09-22-2013, 11:03 PM
Gary = offensive genius = LOL

His team was totaly outplayed in all 3 phases of the game. You expect the ST's to get outplayed, but not offense/defense.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Some genius!!! LOL

DocBar
09-23-2013, 01:54 AM
Why shouldn't the Ravens pad their PK's stats in garbage time? The Texans have been padding Schaub's stats in garbage time for years.

ubecool454
09-23-2013, 08:08 AM

I think if there is time on the clock you should try to score at all times. We should have stopped them. Pedal to the metal all the way and don't let up.

handswarmer
09-23-2013, 08:25 AM

So the home team is supposed to PUNT from the Opponents 27 yd line?

Then follow that up with a Home Team punt from the Opponents 24 yd line?

Really?

gwallaia
09-23-2013, 08:28 AM
It was not a classless act. Why was this thread even started?

Daravenator
09-23-2013, 10:13 AM
Had they faked the FG and scored a TD, maybe so. Kicking a chip shot FG? Nah.

eriadoc
09-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Warranted concern or not, the Ravens just watched the Texans come from behind the last two weeks, so I don't see why they wouldn't kick that FG out of an abundance of caution.

Even aside from that, if you don't like it, stop it.

HOU-TEX
09-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Classless act?! WTH? You do realize we hung a 40 burger on them last year in our house, no?

This thread is more classless than that FG. Friggin pansies

Uncle Rico
09-23-2013, 10:19 AM
Butt hurt thread, I'm embarrassed as a Texan fan it was even started and how anyone can consign to this ludicrous claim. Hey how about the players make some stops on 3rd down, that's a novel idea on how not to get "run up on" give me a break, we got our asses whipped, tip your hat and stop whining.

eriadoc
09-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Butt hurt thread, I'm embarrassed as a Texan fan it was even started and how anyone can consign to this ludicrous claim. Hey how about the players make some stops on 3rd down, that's a novel idea on how not to get "run up on" give me a break, we got our asses whipped, tip your hat and stop whining.

Meh, I think the few Ravens fans that frequent the board recognize that we're rejecting this thread and notion as a fan base. One sour puss does not define us.

mridge01
09-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Dont like it, stop it

Agreed. The Texans earned the right to be humiliated in this game. I only wish Baltimore would have kept pouring it on.

handswarmer
09-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Meh, I think the few Ravens fans that frequent the board recognize that we're rejecting this thread and notion as a fan base. One sour puss does not define us.

1 fan is butthurt- not an indictment of the entire board to this Raven Fan

Seegara
09-23-2013, 10:55 AM
Shut up.
So the home team is supposed to PUNT from the Opponents 27 yd line?
Then follow that up with a Home Team punt from the Opponents 24 yd line?
Really?
They could have tried a running play and turned the ball over since the game was completely out of reach at that point.

PapaL
09-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Shut up.

They could have tried a running play and turned the ball over since the game was completely out of reach at that point.

And we could have tried stopping them. Stop being overly sensitive. Manning would thrown a TD on us...oh wait, that's already happened.

http://www.rottenecards.com/ecards/rottenecard_23114561_5cxyzzjjvf.png

handswarmer
09-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Shut up.

If the game was out of reach, whats three more points?

Classless is the Seahawks back up QB throwing a TD pass up 31-7.

Deal with it.

badboy
09-23-2013, 11:08 AM
What did you think of the Ravens kicking that last field goal? Do you think if it wasn't for low class, they wouldn't have any at all?I would not have done it but if you don't want to play football, get off the field.

Playoffs
09-23-2013, 11:09 AM
If you're in the scoring zone, you score! If you don't like, talk to your defense.

Classless is the Seahawks back up QB throwing a TD pass up 31-7.Never classless to give your backup QB real game time. Deal with it.

handswarmer
09-23-2013, 11:11 AM
If you're in the scoring zone, you score! If you don't like, talk to your defense.

Never classless to give your backup QB real game time. Deal with it.

Running the offense is one thing- this was a bomb.

Either way, I don't care. Its doesn't make a big difference to me- taunting and flaunting are different.

Dread-Head
09-23-2013, 11:14 AM

That didn't bother me as much as their coach challenging the spot of the ball late in the 4th when it was apparent that they already WON the damn game. THAT was classless.

Uncle Rico
09-23-2013, 11:33 AM
Shut up.

Boo hoo, boo hoo! Mean Ravens didn't make it easy and didn't let us win, I'm taking my ball and going home boo hoo.

Grow up.

SouthSideTexan
09-23-2013, 11:36 AM
They should have hung a fifty-burger on us the way we played.

texanhead08
09-23-2013, 11:36 AM
I didn't even notice that I was too pissed off at the skull****ing they gave us for 60 minutes.

rmartin65
09-23-2013, 11:49 AM
This is one of the worst threads I have seen in a while. I honestly think we should do a "Worst Thread of the Season" poll after the season. Actually, I am going to set that up. PM me nominations throughout the season, and I will create the poll after the Texans' season is over.

thunderkyss
09-23-2013, 12:06 PM

No..

thunderkyss
09-23-2013, 12:07 PM
You won't get that with Kubiak, never ever. Now, the coach coming into town next week, he'll give it to ya.

:headhurts:

We squashed their bug a55 last year.

Double Barrel
09-23-2013, 12:18 PM
I don't want to read too much into it. However, this thread is probably a by-product of the mindset of the team sometimes.

It seems like this HC lacks a killer instinct. When the Texans get ahead, they do not go for the throat, but seem content to ride out the clock and play a percentage game with "safe" plays.

So, perhaps it is a foreign concept to the OP to see a team with a true killer instinct who never lets up until the clock strikes 0:00, because we rarely see such an attitude from the Texans. It has happened (for those that want to give individual examples), but those are exceptions and not indicative of the general attitude of the team.

We have some players with this attitude, but as a team, it is lacking the general mad dog mindset.

gwallaia
09-23-2013, 02:44 PM
I don't want to read too much into it. However, this thread is probably a by-product of the mindset of the team sometimes.

It seems like this HC lacks a killer instinct. When the Texans get ahead, they do not go for the throat, but seem content to ride out the clock and play a percentage game with "safe" plays.

So, perhaps it is a foreign concept to the OP to see a team with a true killer instinct who never lets up until the clock strikes 0:00, because we rarely see such an attitude from the Texans. It has happened (for those that want to give individual examples), but those are exceptions and not indicative of the general attitude of the team.

We have some players with this attitude, but as a team, it is lacking the general mad dog mindset.

DB, this exactly why Kubiak does not have a killer instinct. He would not want to hurt the feelings of the other team and have their fans make unflattering comments about him on a message board.

Dread-Head
09-23-2013, 03:51 PM
While it IS nice to win on the road, it's MUCH better to do it later in the season when wins are at a premium. Better to finish strong than to start strong.

disaacks3
09-23-2013, 04:53 PM
I didn't even notice that I was too pissed off at the skull****ing they gave us for 60 minutes. More like 32 1/2 minutes. Texans controlled the game until the pick 6...then the wheels came off.

mridge01
09-23-2013, 05:02 PM
While it IS nice to win on the road, it's MUCH better to do it later in the season when wins are at a premium. Better to finish strong than to start strong.

So you're holding out hope of THIS team doing that. Good luck.

IlliniJen
09-23-2013, 05:33 PM
This ain't some pee wee "everyone is special" participatory prize co-ed soccer league. This is the National Football League were the men are paid millions to be PROFESSIONAL football players. If there are points to hang on a team, hang those points! There's no cryin' in football!

ObsiWan
09-23-2013, 06:48 PM

There was nearly four minutes to go in the game.

We were down by three scores. Weirder crap has happened over the history of the league than to lose a game when you were up by 18 in the fourth quarter. Two TDs with the associated 2-pt conversion and now they're only a FG away from a loss.

You DO recall they scored 14 pts in a two minute stretch just before halftime, right? So a quick 14-pt (or 16 if we go for two both times) is possible. Not probable the way we sucked but possible.

So yeah, I totally see Harbaugh choosing to make it a 21 point lead instead of a 18-pt lead. From a certain viewpoint, it's respect. It was Harbaugh saying, "We've seen you come from behind before and I ain't taking no chances."

Not classless, common sense.

kingtexan
09-23-2013, 07:46 PM
I have no problem with it. Like has already been said if you don't want a team to keep scoring on you, then stop them. I would love to see a 100 point game in the modern era ...

Wolf
09-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Hell Peyton would somehow got a TD pass in that situation.:kitten:

Giant Tiger
09-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Had they faked the FG and scored a TD, maybe so. Kicking a chip shot FG? Nah.

Wouldn't have made any difference; the Ravens totally dominated this game. To be honest, I wish our coach was more like Harbaugh; the score was flattering to the Texans.

NastyNate
09-23-2013, 09:16 PM

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo138/Spriterfans/This-Thread-is-bad-and-you-should-FEEL-bad.jpg

Dread-Head
09-24-2013, 09:30 AM
So you're holding out hope of THIS team doing that. Good luck.

"It aint over till it's over"
:Yogi Bera

"Any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday"
:Oriel A. "Bum" Phillips

Need I remind you that the team who won the Superbowl last year BARELY made it into the playoffs? It's the 3rd game of the season, your team has won 2 out of 3 of their games and you're jumping off the bandwagon ALREADY? Wow. With fans like YOU behind them how can the Texans POSSIBLY lose?

Obvious :sarcasm:

Dread-Head
09-24-2013, 09:35 AM
I have no problem with it. Like has already been said if you don't want a team to keep scoring on you, then stop them. I would love to see a 100 point game in the modern era ...

Sorry. If I'm on defense and you run up 100 points on my team and go full throttle for a full 60 mins of football the next time we play each other my memory of your merciless humiliation and emasculation of me and my team mates will be fresh in my memory and I'll make it my mission to make you best buddies with the team trainers or whomever puts you into a huge therapeutic bath. Kicking someone's butt is one thing, running up the score is another. In this game the Ravens kicked the Texans butt, but our special teams helped them do it.

handswarmer
09-24-2013, 09:56 AM
Last year it was Texans 26 Ravens 3 with a min before halftime- Texans kicked a FG- is that a classless act?

then Texans 36 ravens 13 with 8 min left in 4th qtr, Foster runs 2 yds for a TD.= is that a classless?

Im in the 'Don't like it, stop 'em" crowd...these are grown men playing, not 12 yr olds Rec league players.....

Vinny
09-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Whining about getting thumped by the Ratbirds could be considered a "classless act".

Dread-Head
09-24-2013, 11:28 AM
Last year it was Texans 26 Ravens 3 with a min before halftime- Texans kicked a FG- is that a classless act?

then Texans 36 ravens 13 with 8 min left in 4th qtr, Foster runs 2 yds for a TD.= is that a classless?

Im in the 'Don't like it, stop 'em" crowd...these are grown men playing, not 12 yr olds Rec league players.....

The man has a point & an avitar of the most overpaid, mediocre muff-hugga in the history of organized sports The Ravens weren't running up the score. Going for the six would have been doing that. And as he pointed out the Texans beat the dog isht out of the Ravens in the first game last year. I thought Harbaugh challenging the spot in the last few minutes was a 3:tch move, but other than that the Texans were out coached and out played. You win some, you lose some. HOPEFULLY the Texans will grow from this and become a better football team.

BlueSteel
09-24-2013, 11:42 PM

This! :pissed:

HJam72
09-24-2013, 11:54 PM
This thread is useless without death. :choke: