PDA

View Full Version : Slow starts on offense

djohn2oo8
09-20-2013, 05:44 PM
This may be nitpicking, BUT this has been a pattern for a while now going back a few years. Now, if it has to happen and the Texans come out with wins then so be it. I feel though the reason for that sometimes is lack of urgency. Like when they get down like in the SD game, they score at will to get back in the game. The defense has picked up the slack when the offense gave the opponent's D 7 points. I also notice we play better when there is urgency and uptempo, and with the state of the line, it would be good to keep the defense off balance. They can be unstoppable when they want to be. I just wish we'd see more of it. [End of Rant]

YeaLikeRightNow
09-20-2013, 06:17 PM
Maybe it's the Texans strategy? You know, let the other team exhaust themselves, get over-confident (Like the times Phillip Rivers was signalling number 1 and clenching his fists towards the San Diego bench)....

Then a few minutes later, Phillip is picking himself off the turf; wondering what the hell just hit him and his team!

I can remember far back, watching the really good teams doing such....cruising along, not overstressing, watching the other teams hoot 'n holler, then saying: O.K. guys - guess it's time to play!:texanbill:

From a fans' standpoint, we would like them to just kick arse all game long to please our insatiable desires for our team to stomp every adversary into oblivion....ain't gonna happen.:aggressive:

escrimador
09-20-2013, 06:31 PM
nah, i think Kubiak is just trolling everyone for complaining about how boring his 'take a big lead and then just run run run out the clock' strategy is:rally:

infantrycak
09-20-2013, 06:38 PM
This may be nitpicking, BUT this has been a pattern for a while now going back a few years.

That wily Kubiak. He has managed to convince people the Texans are slow starters and after they slow start their way into a big lead will try to run out the clock, literally.

drs23
09-20-2013, 07:29 PM
nah, i think Kubiak is just trolling everyone for complaining about how boring his 'take a big lead and then just run run run out the clock' strategy is:rally:

Yeah. Point, Counterpoint. Which is it? I really wanna know. These nailbiters are drivin' me nuts!

That wily Kubiak. He has managed to convince people the Texans are slow starters and after they slow start their way into a big lead will try to run out the clock, literally.

Yes, that's quite clever, I admit. But I still am losing fingernails here!:aggressive:

DocBar
09-21-2013, 12:47 AM
That wily Kubiak. He has managed to convince people the Texans are slow starters and after they slow start their way into a big lead will try to run out the clock, literally. Some photoshop guru needs to photoshop Kubiak's face on here. http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130530130915/looneytunes/images/thumb/7/7a/Images_%2814%29.jpg/153px-Images_%2814%29.jpg

infantrycak
09-21-2013, 01:04 AM
Some photoshop guru needs to photoshop Kubiak's face on here. http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130530130915/looneytunes/images/thumb/7/7a/Images_%2814%29.jpg/153px-Images_%2814%29.jpg

Wile E. Kubyote.

Turns out it isn't a Denny's menu. It's an ACME catalog.

76Texan
09-21-2013, 01:10 PM
It doesn't matter how you start, as long as you finish.

thunderkyss
09-21-2013, 01:13 PM
This may be nitpicking

[End of Rant]

Opening drive resulted in a TD last week.

If that's what you mean by slow start, I see what you mean.

Stop stealing my ganja