PDA

View Full Version : Player(s) you will focus on versus Baltimore

badboy
09-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Newton, Mays, Joseph, Keo and Crick for me.

Speedy
09-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Ryan Harris, Derek Newton.

badboy
09-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Ryan Harris, Derek Newton.I almost added Harris but think he did well last week so not as concerned but you are right it could be an interesting battle if Brown is out.

stingray
09-20-2013, 11:11 AM
Brooks Reed and Mercilus

Tailgate
09-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Ryan Harris, Derek Newton.

The entire O-Line. They will have their hands full with the Ravens front 7. They are going to try and take away the run game and make Schaub beat them. If we cannot establish the run, they will tee off on Harris and Newton.

Showtime100
09-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Easy, Ed Reed.

badboy
09-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Easy, Ed Reed.So you are concerned about how much oxygen he might require on sidelines? If he plays, I do not start him over Keo but work him in.

Porky
09-20-2013, 12:12 PM
I almost added Harris but think he did well last week so not as concerned but you are right it could be an interesting battle if Brown is out.

Harris played all of four plays. So, you think because he did ok on four plays, he'll be fine guarding Matt's blindside knowing the strength of their D is their pass rush ala Suggs and company?

:ok:

Showtime100
09-20-2013, 12:23 PM
So you are concerned about how much oxygen he might require on sidelines? If he plays, I do not start him over Keo but work him in.

I'm concerned about many things Ed Reed. If Keo starts I'll understand why, but I'm thinking Reed get's his feet wet asap. But what do I know, I tend to pass the ball on 3rd and 24. :D

With or without Reed in there, there are so many things to watch for. The entire secondary, etc...etc...etc.

To be honest, I don't typically go into a game thinking 'I'll watch this guy or that guy.' Things jump at me as the game progresses and I watch those things. But this game, on the field or not, my attention is not far away from Ed Reed.

The Pencil Neck
09-20-2013, 12:30 PM
I'll be watching the lines, as usual.

SCOTTexans
09-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Harris/Newton Vs Suggs/Dumervil. If they do good this game i will be very impressed

clutch
09-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Ill focus on watching the game starting in the 2nd half..only half worth watcging...

badboy
09-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Harris played all of four plays. So, you think because he did ok on four plays, he'll be fine guarding Matt's blindside knowing the strength of their D is their pass rush ala Suggs and company?

:ok:My focus was not on number of plays but how he did and I think he did well. He seems to be bending better from his back injuries and hopefully healed.

Tailgate
09-20-2013, 01:27 PM
My focus was not on number of plays but how he did and I think he did well. He seems to be bending better from his back injuries and hopefully healed.

The problem is Suggs is starting to look more and more like the All Pro he is. Harris is no match for a talent like Suggs, end of story. Throw in Dumervil, Canty, Ngata, A Brown, Spears, etc... And we have problems along the O-Line on Sunday I am afraid. Our running game is going to be running into a wall, and they will be coming after Schaub with a vengeance. Im telling ya, this game is going to require Schaub to make the big plays. Color me concerned w Seattle and 49ers right after.

badboy
09-20-2013, 01:51 PM
The problem is Suggs is starting to look more and more like the All Pro he is. Harris is no match for a talent like Suggs, end of story. Throw in Dumervil, Canty, Ngata, A Brown, Spears, etc... And we have problems along the O-Line on Sunday I am afraid. Our running game is going to be running into a wall, and they will be coming after Schaub with a vengeance. Im telling ya, this game is going to require Schaub to make the big plays. Color me concerned w Seattle and 49ers right after.I am not forgetting Suggs or downgrading what DB brings to the position. I expect to see more TE sets and FB staying in to block. Suggs is averaging 3 solo tackles and .5 sacks. I expect to see more aggressive game plan from Gary this Sunday. I think we run more up the middle so far this season. Also, how how our guards do will be telling on whether MS has time to throw. I also expect a few more play options.

Tailgate
09-20-2013, 02:02 PM
I am not forgetting Suggs or downgrading what DB brings to the position. I expect to see more TE sets and FB staying in to block. Suggs is averaging 3 solo tackles and .5 sacks. I expect to see more aggressive game plan from Gary this Sunday. I think we run more up the middle so far this season. Also, how how our guards do will be telling on whether MS has time to throw. I also expect a few more play options.

I am sensing we are going to see alot of 3 step drop backs and look for quick strikes in the passing game. I think this is going to be a defensive battle, and we will not be able to overcome any large deficits, nor being -2 in the turnover dept, or missing FGs.. Schaub is going to have to play like he did in Denver last year, stay poised, and not appear rattled making very minimal mistakes.

So my main focus is Schaub, not the O-Line (who will be in for hell) after all. This is a game where he will have to put us on his shoulders.

badboy
09-20-2013, 02:07 PM
I am sensing we are going to see alot of 3 step drop backs and look for quick strikes in the passing game. I think this is going to be a defensive battle, and we will not be able to overcome any large deficits, nor being -2 in the turnover dept, or missing FGs.. Schaub is going to have to play like he did in Denver last year, stay poised, and not appear rattled making very minimal mistakes.Exactly, surgical strikes by Schaub and fearless catches by our TEs and WRs across middle for short yardage that moves the chains. Butler better be on target because focus may be on him for third game in a row. I read on a Ravens blog that there is some concerns about our TEs causing massive damage.

Tailgate
09-20-2013, 02:17 PM
Exactly, surgical strikes by Schaub and fearless catches by our TEs and WRs across middle for short yardage that moves the chains. Butler better be on target because focus may be on him for third game in a row. I read on a Ravens blog that there is some concerns about our TEs causing massive damage.

Yep. Which is why i am a tad concerned w Grahams hip injury, I hope he is ok.

The only way I see Tate/Foster having an impact is if we can take advantage of the Ravens aggressiveness and find them open in the flanks in the passing game. I dont see us establishing any threat in the running game unfortunately.

infantrycak
09-20-2013, 02:34 PM
The only way I see Tate/Foster having an impact is if we can take advantage of the Ravens aggressiveness and find them open in the flanks in the passing game. I dont see us establishing any threat in the running game unfortunately.

Why, where did the Ravens improve on Run D from last year when Foster, Tate and Forsett had 35 att. for 178 yds at 5.1 ypc with 2 TD's? We don't need it to be that good for the O to work.

Tailgate
09-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Why, where did the Ravens improve on Run D from last year when Foster, Tate and Forsett had 35 att. for 178 yds at 5.1 ypc with 2 TD's? We don't need it to be that good for the O to work.

The Ravens were aware of thier run D issues. Its why they brought in Spears and Canty to build around Ngata and allows Ngata to play over center more. People also forget they added Daryl Smith at LB who was a terror in 2011 before getting injured in 12. Suggs is now 100% and I dont expect Duane Brown to play, our best Olineman by far. I just have a feeling that the more the Ravens play, the more we see that D come into form and that Denver game was an exception, not the rule.

badboy
09-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Yep. Which is why i am a tad concerned w Grahams hip injury, I hope he is ok.

The only way I see Tate/Foster having an impact is if we can take advantage of the Ravens aggressiveness and find them open in the flanks in the passing game. I dont see us establishing any threat in the running game unfortunately.I know Graham sat out Thurs but maybe someone will post if he is better. Maybe Griffin will be a player. :texanbill:

drs23
09-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Exactly, surgical strikes by Schaub and fearless catches by our TEs and WRs across middle for short yardage that moves the chains. Butler better be on target because focus may be on him for third game in a row. I read on a Ravens blog that there is some concerns about our TEs causing massive damage.

It may be addressed down thread but justin case, WTF is this Butler guy? Is he on our team? :thinking: