PDA

View Full Version : We don't look as good as the Broncos

thunderkyss
09-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Why not?

They lost their center. Dressen's recovering from knee surgery. Tamme isn't 100%. They have no RB. Von Miller has been suspended for 6 games. Dumervil is in Baltimore. Champ Bailey is old.

I'm pretty sure there are other things that I forgot.

We've got the OL that we want (stretched for Newton).... we're starting our front 7 defensively from last year. We got Cush back, Jjo is healthy, we've got an upgrade at WR2. OD is healthy, Andre is healthy, Tate is healthy....

So what's up?

76Texan
09-17-2013, 12:30 PM
You can't tell me that forehead is the new standard for handsome. :lol:

cstyle42
09-17-2013, 12:31 PM
There is always hope in the Ed Reed factor.

dream_team
09-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Ryan Clady could also be done for the season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4616/ryan-clady

JCTexan
09-17-2013, 12:35 PM
It's probably something rather simple like: Manning>Schaub. Or it could be that the Titans & Chargers are actually going to be good this year, which doesn't seem like much of a stretch with the way they've played so far, and the Ravens & Giants aren't? The Ravens barely beat the Browns this week and the Giants are currently 0-2 with a ton of turnovers vs. Dallas.

LikeMike
09-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Why not?

They lost their center. Dressen's recovering from knee surgery. Tamme isn't 100%. They have no RB. Von Miller has been suspended for 6 games. Dumervil is in Baltimore. Champ Bailey is old.

We've got the OL that we want (stretched for Newton).... we're starting our front 7 defensively from last year. We got Cush back, Jjo is healthy, we've got an upgrade at WR2. OD is healthy, Andre is healthy, Tate is healthy....

So what's up?

Well, their offense just got a scary addition in Welker, J. Thomas seems to be by far their best TE, Moreno finally starts to figure out what he has to do and guys like D. Thomas have another season under their belt.

Their D doesn`t look that good - it is their O that doesn`t stop and their D just doing their part. Give a guy like Manning so many weapons and still a good line and he will hurt you.

And us? We haven`t looked that bad - but we made way too many mistakes. If we can turn those off, and get a little more consistency with our line (I was complaining all offseason, that our O-Line is our biggest weakness) we will be hard to stop.

Oh and as good as Denver looks offensively, we did look defensively (if you cut out the first half against SD) - more 3 and outs then you can count and playmakers all over the field.

Nawzer
09-17-2013, 12:40 PM
It's Manning. Simple as that.

robroy72
09-17-2013, 12:41 PM
We don't win championships in September, either.

CloakNNNdagger
09-17-2013, 12:48 PM
There is always hope in the Ed Reed factor.

http://ih0.redbubble.net/image.9660264.5291/flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Playoffs
09-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Yeah, we should just quit.

:toropalm:

thunderkyss
09-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Yeah, we should just quit.

:toropalm:

Hold on..... it's an honest question. No one said anything about quitting.

I remember three weeks ago we were giddy that we got through TC & the preseason relatively injury free. & we mentioned the Broncos as one of those teams that weren't so lucky.

If we had the issues they had, we know (or at least I know) we wouldn't have looked as good as they do. We would use those issues to excuse the play we've seen... but we don't have those issues, so we're making other excuses.

The popular opinion on the AFC is that it's "Denver & everybody else."

It's not "Denver, then Houston, then everybody else...... " & it should be. Why not? What are we missing?

As fans... as analysts of our team? What are we not seeing? What is it that we are failing to accept?

76Texan
09-17-2013, 01:06 PM
We still have Kubiak. :kitten:

OzzO
09-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Denver plays "good / quality" for 4 quarters and the Texans perhaps 2?

Allstar
09-17-2013, 01:19 PM
At least we know that Manning is a playoff choker.

2012Champs
09-17-2013, 01:23 PM

this has been a problems for many years from my seat

Also as it has been overstated now Manning > Schaub

LikeMike
09-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Hold on..... it's an honest question. No one said anything about quitting.

I remember three weeks ago we were giddy that we got through TC & the preseason relatively injury free. & we mentioned the Broncos as one of those teams that weren't so lucky.

If we had the issues they had, we know (or at least I know) we wouldn't have looked as good as they do. We would use those issues to excuse the play we've seen... but we don't have those issues, so we're making other excuses.

It's not "Denver, then Houston, then everybody else...... " & it should be. Why not? What are we missing?

As fans... as analysts of our team? What are we not seeing? What is it that we are failing to accept?

What are we missing? That`s easy:

1. Consistent good O-Line play. On way too many plays we give up early pressure or fail to open a real running lane inside.

2. Elite QB - I am not hating on Schaub, I think he is a very good QB and one that can win a superbowl. But he is far from elite. Manning, Brady or Rodgers make everyone around them better - Schaub just gets the job done (as good or better than most other QBs, but still far away from the elite ones).

3. A kicker - both games would`nt have been half as close if our kicker would`ve made his kicks.

4. Staying away from stupid mistakes - real bad passes, mental lapses in coverage, not hitting the right holes - we`ve done lots of mistakes this season...

An elite QB helps you overcome adversity - and don`t forget, Denver made it to the second round of the playoffs with Tebow as their QB, simply because the rest of the team is that good.

This doesn`t mean we can`t beat them or that we can`t get the #1 spot or win a superbowl - it just means we have to correct our mistakes and always play harder than the other team.

eriadoc
09-17-2013, 01:27 PM
Honestly, and I don't actually mean to say this negatively, but it's Schaub, IMO. The Texans have scored plenty of points through two games (61). The problem is coming out and putting up nothing for the 50 minutes between the scripted opening drive and the frantic come from behind drive. Manning doesn't tend to go into lulls like that. Every QB has games like that, of course, but we've seen this from a Schaub offense before. He'll move the ball up and down the field, but settle for short field punts or FGs. It's one reason I have spent years complaining about landing on 16 points with a TD and 3 FGs. The Texans do it all the time.

Schaub's good, but he's not good enough, IMO. If the defense is terrible, you get what we had a few years ago, with the team being down 28-7 at the half (or 21-7 against the Chargers this year). If the defense is playing well, then you get what we had this week, which is the team being down 10-7 at the half. Scoring 7 points in the first half is not good enough; I don't care how many they ultimately end up with. I'm happy for the wins, but that kind of play will come back to bite them. I'm sure they'd tell you the same thing and I'm sure they're working on it.

And before anyone jumps the shark, I'm not suggesting replacing Schaub or something stupid. He's what we have, and we'll roll with him.

The Pencil Neck
09-17-2013, 01:28 PM

Uh... no. The Broncos have been playing a bad first half and a good second half just like we have.

It's all about perception and the amount of points you score.

Against the Ravens, the Broncos were losing 17-14 at halftime. And then outscored them 35-10 in the second half.

Against the Giants, the Broncos were only up 10-9 at halftime. And then outscored the Giants 31-14 in the second half.

But take another look at who they faced. The Giants D has given up a LOT of points and their offense has made a lot of turnovers so far this year. The Ravens looked anemic against the Browns and their offense actually performed a lot better against Broncos.

The Broncos are going to be tough, don't get me wrong, but they're looking good right now because I think they're crushing crushable opponents. We did a good bit of that last year, ourselves. Hopefully, we can get back into that mode soon.

OzzO
09-17-2013, 01:38 PM
Uh... no. The Broncos have been playing a bad first half and a good second half just like we have....

...The Broncos are going to be tough, don't get me wrong, but they're looking good right now because I think they're crushing crushable opponents.

Thanks for clarifying, I haven't watched much of Denver's games nor looked up their boxscores.

Playoffs
09-17-2013, 01:55 PM
Yep, and it always will be when they have one of the best QBs to ever play the game. Sitting around fretting about things we have no control over -- popular opinion -- is just mental masturbation. I've done it, not going there anymore.

We have the Super Bowl Champions this week. Then the top 2 NFC teams after that. One game at a time. I'll worry about Denver when we can actually do something about it, which is December 22.

Porky
09-17-2013, 02:01 PM
QB and K. That's basically most of it in a nutshell.

When your QB is throwing horrible picks at key times, and throwing short of the stick 9 out of 10 times (until he HAS to) what can you do. Not to mention a young fat Aggie that can't hit the broad side of a barn.

76Texan
09-17-2013, 02:27 PM
QB and K. That's basically most of it in a nutshell.

When your QB is throwing horrible picks at key times, and throwing short of the stick 9 out of 10 times (until he HAS to) what can you do. Not to mention a young fat Aggie that can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Vegas has the Texans as the second favorite in the AFC.
That's the leading indicator as far as I'm concerned.

And Bullock did hit the post on one occasion and put the ball through once but a time-out voided it. :lol:

TexansBull
09-17-2013, 02:31 PM
Did anyone mention Peyton Manning?

Or we are two games into the season?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

infantrycak
09-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Honestly, and I don't actually mean to say this negatively, but it's Schaub, IMO. The Texans have scored plenty of points through two games (61). The problem is coming out and putting up nothing for the 50 minutes between the scripted opening drive and the frantic come from behind drive. Manning doesn't tend to go into lulls like that. Every QB has games like that, of course, but we've seen this from a Schaub offense before. He'll move the ball up and down the field, but settle for short field punts or FGs. It's one reason I have spent years complaining about landing on 16 points with a TD and 3 FGs. The Texans do it all the time.

The Texans are not out of line on field goal attempts.

% field goal attempts to total field goal attempts and TDs.

Texans 46%
Ravens 46%
Bengals 47%
Broncos 40%
Colts 49%
Patriots 37% (so far this season 67%)

So of the AFC playoff teams the big standout is the Patriots. Broncos did well. Everyone else clumped.

Hervoyel
09-17-2013, 02:53 PM
It's a long season and at some point the Bronco's are also not going to look as good as the Broncos have looked.

I just want the Texans to win enough games this year to get into the playoffs and not be staggering around like Apollo Creed at the end of a "Rocky" fight when they get there. That's really all that matters. It took me a long time to see the regular season and particularly early season winning for what it is. A qualifying round and a beauty pageant.

jaayteetx
09-17-2013, 03:07 PM
How good did the Ravens look early in the season last year? Long season, there is a reason they play all the games.

TheRealJoker
09-17-2013, 03:14 PM
We went into Mile High Stadium and Matt Schaub won a shootout with Peyton Manning that was later brushed off as "early in the season, Peyton isn't Peyton yet."

But the Broncos only lost one more time after that in the regular season.

I have a feeling this team will rise to the occasion over the next 3 games and surprise some people. We are every bit as talented as any team in the league and now have the experience to go with the young talented stars of this team. This is our year to win a Super Bowl and by golly we're gonna take that Lombardi Trophy which is our's by rights!

thunderkyss
09-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Good stuff guys... going past the obvious.

Keep it coming.

KA4Texan
09-17-2013, 04:40 PM
:deadhorse

"Ask Madden" > The Kubes. :D

Manning > Schaub

:thinking: These are the biggest differences IMO.

ObsiWan
09-17-2013, 04:48 PM
Why not?

So what's up?

Tell you what, let's revisit this question after we play the Ravens. They will be the only common opponent between us and the Denver Foreheads.

If you recall, the Foreheads looked pretty mundane for the first half of that game; in fact, the Ravens were up 17-14 at the half.

Then, in the second half, the Ravens morphed into the Jaguars. Post-season Flacco went back into regular-season Flacco; i.e., 3 & outs and INTs, blocked kicks and other S/T screw-ups, dropped TD passes... the Ravens' DBs forgot they were supposed to actually cover and tackle. In short, they pretty much gave that game to the Foreheads in the second half. Did I mention these same World Champ Ravens could only score two TDs on the Browns??
Are you really impressed with that win?

Then there's the NYG game. The Giants don't look like they can beat anybody. Eli's thrown, what, seven INTs in TWO games and the Giants' D has given up 77 pts in those same two games... Not very impressive either.

I WILL give Peyton this much, when he sees a weak sister, he has no hesitation in stomping them into the ground. ...even if he's got kinfolk on the other team.

But I want to see Peyton up against SF or Seattle... In fact, I think Tennessee will give them more fits than the Ravens did because they won't hesitate to smack Peyton and his receivers around.

hradhak
09-17-2013, 05:02 PM
Denver gets easy points with special teams.
Denver's offense is more explosive. They can score fast and often.

Their big weakness is their defense. I wanna see how it holds up in a 16 game season. I think they have looked really good like we did last year against mediocre competition. Let's see how they do against playoff calibre teams.

thunderkyss
09-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Denver gets easy points with special teams.

Good one. I didn't think about that one. They're returning punts for a TD & we're missing 3 FGs in a game.

cstyle42
09-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Oprah doesn't look as good as Halle Berry either but Oprah was more successful...

DX-TEX
09-17-2013, 05:19 PM
It's probably something rather simple like: Manning>Schaub. Or it could be that the Titans & Chargers are actually going to be good this year, which doesn't seem like much of a stretch with the way they've played so far, and the Ravens & Giants aren't? The Ravens barely beat the Browns this week and the Giants are currently 0-2 with a ton of turnovers vs. Dallas.

Or the Broncos have faced two mediocre defenses and we faced two that have improved quite a bit from last year. If the Broncos blow out the Chargers and Titans give me a call

HOU-TEX
09-17-2013, 05:21 PM
McNair's too cheap :hides:

The Pencil Neck
09-17-2013, 05:24 PM

msr

ObsiWan
09-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Uh... no. The Broncos have been playing a bad first half and a good second half just like we have.

It's all about perception and the amount of points you score.

Against the Ravens, the Broncos were losing 17-14 at halftime. And then outscored them 35-10 in the second half.

Against the Giants, the Broncos were only up 10-9 at halftime. And then outscored the Giants 31-14 in the second half.

But take another look at who they faced. The Giants D has given up a LOT of points (77 pts in two games, thank you) and their offense has made a lot of turnovers (TEN ...in just two games; 7 Eli INTs and 3 fumbles) so far this year. The Ravens looked anemic against the Browns and their offense actually performed a lot better against Broncos.

The Broncos are going to be tough, don't get me wrong, but they're looking good right now because I think they're crushing crushable opponents. We did a good bit of that last year, ourselves. Hopefully, we can get back into that mode soon.

I had written up a long, explanatory diatribe but you've captured what I've seen too. Denver really hasn't had a tough game yet

We've played two young and hungry teams trying make a name for themselves. Chargers were playing their home opener for a new coach and the Titans were still high off the butt-whipping they gave the team formally known as the Steelers (I don't know who those guys are now)...

And how better to make a name for yourself and prove all the preseason talking heads they underestimated your team than to "take it to" one of the preseason Super Bowl faves... ...that would be Us.

The Foreheads, on the other hand, have played two over-rated teams who got their preseason rankings on past reputation. And many of the players responsible for attaining said rep are gone or injured.

Didja look at the Foreheads' schedule?? It's CAKE?! SD and KC might well give them more trouble than the Ravens and the Giants did. Beyond that, the Texans and N.E. are the toughest games they have left this season. AND by the time they play us, here at Reliant on Dec. 22nd, both teams may be playoff locks and may well be resting their starters.

I just don't see Denver being "all that".

ATXtexanfan
09-17-2013, 06:06 PM
Peyton puts alot into preparation mentally. Im sure that spreads throughout the ranks.

TEXANRED
09-17-2013, 06:25 PM
The Broncos played a Raven's team that is a shell of itself and a Giants team that is just awful. There are no comparisons to the Texans and Broncos.
We played a Charger team that is loaded offensively and a Titan team that is determined to make the playoffs. I doubt either the Ravens or the Giants make it to the post season.

ObsiWan
09-17-2013, 06:31 PM
msr

I got him for ya.

...and for having the nerve to post that
LOL

Allstar
09-17-2013, 07:09 PM
Friendly reminder: we looked better than anyone for half the season last year, and we all remember what happened.

thunderkyss
09-17-2013, 08:08 PM
The Foreheads, on the other hand, have played two over-rated teams who got their preseason rankings on past reputation. And many of the players responsible for attaining said rep are gone or injured.

In your opinion, do you think the Chargers & Titans will be better than the Ravens & Giants when it's all said & done?

TEXANRED
09-17-2013, 08:11 PM
In your opinion, do you think the Chargers & Titans will be better than the Ravens & Giants when it's all said & done?

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Giants and Ravens are not playoff caliber teams.

False Start
09-17-2013, 08:59 PM
You can't tell me that fivehead is the new standard for handsome. :lol:

fify :heh:

HJam72
09-17-2013, 09:03 PM
This is ridiculous. I don't care whether Forehead looks better than Schaub. :choke:

ObsiWan
09-17-2013, 09:09 PM
My short answer is "yes".

The Ravens are ranked #26 in team defense; they'd probably be worse if their 2nd game wasn't against the offense-less Browns (in two games they've scored ONE TD). The Giants are even worse; they're dead last in defense. Isn't tough D supposed to be the signature of both these teams? Where is it?

OTOH, the Chargers just went score for score with what was predicted to be a high octane Eagle offense. The Titans beat down the favored Steelers and gave us all we wanted in our house. Now whether the Chargers and Titans can keep bringing it the rest of the way remains to be seen.

Besides, with respect to this discussion, what happens in the future is irrelevant to now. And now, while the Giants and Ravens are playing truly sucky football is when the Broncos got to play those teams. Now, while the Chargers and Titans are playing very competitive football is when we had to play them.

Upon closer inspection our two wins could be considered better than the Broncos' two wins. But the popular East Coast manufactured group think will never admit to that.

TexanBacker93
09-17-2013, 09:14 PM
Last year we came out like gangbusters through the first 3/4 of the season while the Broncos struggled out of the gate. We beat the Broncos in Denver. I was there. It isn't any easy place to win if you aren't the Broncos.

The Ravens were hot out of the gate and struggled over the last half of the season. We destroyed the Ravens here in Houston. I wondered if the franchise was going to fold after such a miserable performance.

So how did all of this affect the season?

Final results:

Broncos had the #1 seed and couldn't hold court because they have a QB that forgets that the NFL season goes into February.

Texans fell apart at the end, squeaked out a win against a Cincy team and couldn't get any breaks against the Pats.

Ravens snuck in because nobody else in the AFC North wanted the division. Got hot at the right time behind a QB that didn't play his best ball until it mattered (by this I mean right before his contract was up).

What does it mean?

The team that wins September, October, or November still has to play in December and January. These games mean nothing. I think the Ravens and the Giants aren't as good as some might have thought. The Broncos had a little revenge things going against the Ravens, too. Similar to what we had when they were here last season. (I think we get back at the Pats the same way). The Titans have a very good D, a solid running game, a good O-Line, and a crummy QB. Hmmm...sounds familiar except Schaub isn't crummy. He's not a Brady/Manning/Brees/Rodgers either, though. The Chargers have a good D, a rejuvinated passing attack thanks to Mike McCoy, and we were playing well past our bedtimes on the west coast.

I would love to have won each game by 20 points, but I'm more concerned about being ready to win in January and February. This team will be tested. They'll lose a few games, but should come out of the season better prepared to do what it takes.

thunderkyss
09-17-2013, 09:21 PM
I would love to have won each game by 20 points, but I'm more concerned about being ready to win in January and February. This team will be tested. They'll lose a few games, but should come out of the season better prepared to do what it takes.

Excellent post.... thank you.

fiasco west
09-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Friendly reminder: we looked better than anyone for half the season last year, and we all remember what happened.

Pretty much.

Denver can look as good as they want to right now, and so can every other team.

Lets get hot around December. Lets get it in gear then.

We looked better than the Ravens at the start of the season last year too...

Uncle Rico
09-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Should get a better evaluating metric after this Sunday. The Donkey's have played very good in spurts, I'm not sold on their ground game against a highly skilled defense, but then again Peyton has nasty weapons in the receiving corps. I'd still go ahead and say the Texans have more talent overall. Question is will all the elements start playing together at a high level at the same time? Good teams will find ways to win even when they don't deserve it, and that's what the Texans have done, but I'd like to see some good old fashioned ass whoopings for a few games in a row to start cementing their hold on the division, and building momentum for the late season clash with DEN, which I feel will be the game that decides home field throughout.

thunderkyss
09-17-2013, 09:31 PM
Good teams will find ways to win even when they don't deserve it, and that's what the Texans have done

Do you think San Diego deserved to win? They started out great, but couldn't put a drive together to secure the W.

Titans certainly did not outplay our team. Their defense is stout... the way they were back in the day. But offensively... & talk about bad play calling... We found someone Kubiak can "consistently" out-coach.

We might not have deserved to win, but they sure as heck didn't.

Uncle Rico
09-17-2013, 09:44 PM
Do you think San Diego deserved to win? They started out great, but couldn't put a drive together to secure the W.

Titans certainly did not outplay our team. Their defense is stout... the way they were back in the day. But offensively... & talk about bad play calling... We found someone Kubiak can "consistently" out-coach.

We might not have deserved to win, but they sure as heck didn't.

Not only did San Diego move the ball well and look pretty crisp against us, they did the same against Philly, and took the W. I'm sure they're kicking themselves knowing that they could be 2-0. I just feel that the Texans have way too much talent on the field at all times, save special teams. If the players can put it all together they dominate, as was the case from about the 9 minute mark in the 3rd quarter of that game. I just wish the team was more consistent, but its still early.

Titans had 2 good drives against the team, actually one - one of the opening drives IIRC. The other touchdown drive was courtesy of Kareem just not having his head in the game in that 3rd quarter drive where he head butt the receiver and then got beat for the TD. Other than that I felt the defense was playing at a high level. You have to give credit to that Titan defense, they are good. I wont be surprised to see that squad as a top 10 defense, but again with Foster,Johnson,Tate,Daniels,Hopkins ... that's a lot of firepower. Im waiting to see the offense just start lighting people up. I freaking love Munch, I wish him the best there, but he doesn't really have a lot to work with, doesn't excuse the crazy use of timeouts and weird plays, I just don't think he's all that confident with what he has, or maybe he's just not head coach material, book is still out.

76Texan
09-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Excellent post.... thank you.

Ditto.

Fili
09-17-2013, 10:31 PM
Why not? Because they have that one player that:

Tied the NFL record for TDs in a game.
12x Pro Bowler
Fastest to 4,00 completions
Fastest to 400 passing touchdowns

And dozens of many more records...

DX-TEX
09-17-2013, 10:34 PM
It is 2 games into the season people.

2 GAMES

HJam72
09-17-2013, 10:35 PM
It's just home-field advantage.

HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE! :cow:

ThaShark316
09-18-2013, 12:05 AM
We tryin' to win titles in September? Is this what's hot on the streets?

I preach 1-0 every week, and we got folks looking for Lombardi before the 1st day of Autumn.

I can't even...TK, you're my guy...but looking impressive now? It's nice and all, but you'll see Sunday when the Jags make the Seahawks sweat. NFL is so week to week, it's unreal.

Norg
09-18-2013, 04:17 AM
Ur right who have they Beaten Ravens n giants OK LOL

we beat the AFC western Champ and a WC team ....... :P

thunderkyss
09-18-2013, 08:46 AM
My short answer is "yes".

Here's ESPN's Power Rankings (http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2013/week/3).

For comparison purposes,

We beat 16 & 22
The Broncos beat 11 & 20
The Ravens lost to 2 & beat 31

robroy72
09-18-2013, 09:55 AM
It's just home-field advantage.

HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE! :cow:

Well, if Denver get HFA ... they're probably worse off given 18's record in cold weather.

drs23
09-18-2013, 01:23 PM

SecondHoneymoon, is that you?

(got him TPN)

leebigeztx
09-18-2013, 01:45 PM
It's Manning. Simple as that.

This should end this thread.

thunderkyss
09-18-2013, 01:48 PM
This should end this thread.

There's been a lot of good football conversation in this thread that goes beyond the "It's Peyton" stuff.

House of Pain
09-18-2013, 02:14 PM
Does anyone want to change their opinion based on the fact that the Broncos lost their All-Pro OT for the year?

I wonder what happens if Peyton takes a nasty blindside hit? I wouldn't be one bit surprised if he may play a little (for lack of a better word) scared without Clady.

dream_team
09-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Does anyone want to change their opinion based on the fact that the Broncos lost their All-Pro OT for the year?

I wonder what happens if Peyton takes a nasty blindside hit? I wouldn't be one bit surprised if he may play a little (for lack of a better word) scared without Clady.

This is a HUGE loss. Equivalent to us losing Duane for the season.

Mr teX
09-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Peyton will make it work..He may be a little less comfy back there, but i don't think its going to effect him or them as a team very much. Taking everything into consideration, Losing Clady probably knocks 1-2 pts off of what they've been scoring this year...not a big deal imo.

but......

when you consider that their defense is still missing Miller & Bailey, those 1-2 pts can easily be gained back when those guys come back.

ObsiWan
09-18-2013, 03:53 PM
Here's ESPN's Power Rankings (http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2013/week/3).

For comparison purposes,

We beat 16 & 22
The Broncos beat 11 & 20

I see your ESPN rankings and "call" you with CBS's Prisco's Power Rankings (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/23694275/nfl-power-rankings-dolphins-make-waves-with-fast-start)

We beat #17 (SD) and #19 (Tenn.)
The Broncos beat #15 (Ravens) and #22 (Giants).

Now I'll raise you with Kirwin's CBS Power Rankings (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat-kirwan/23697004/nfl-power-rankings-dolphins-chiefs-make-big-jumps-into-top-10)
We beat #15 (SD) and #18 (Tenn.)
The Broncos beat #17 (Ravens) and #22 (Giants)

Depending on which list you wanna believe, our wins were against higher (or at least equal) caliber teams.

keep it up... I like this game
:D

EDIT:
Man.... I remember a time when we'd look at power rankings and rejoice because we were up in the twenties...

Thorn
09-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Gee whizz. With 14 games left for every team to play I'm sure we can just give up on the Texans now because The Great Forehead still breathes.

**** Manning. I hope we crush him into tiny bits of dust when he comes to Reliant. Then we can hang replicas of his forehead in all the urinals.

JCTexan
09-18-2013, 04:25 PM

For comparison purposes,

We beat 16 & 22
The Broncos beat 11 & 20

The rankings aren't going to tell us anything at this point in the season. The Chargers and Titans weren't ranked high on anyone's list before the season started and they're both only 1-1 right now. The Ravens will be ranked a bit higher than they should because it's early in the season and they won the Super Bowl last year. The Giants are 0-2 and with another loss against Carolina (not predicting it) could fall even further in the rankings.

thunderkyss
09-18-2013, 05:01 PM
Depending on which list you wanna believe, our wins were against higher (or at least equal) caliber teams.

If our opponents are better, they're not that much better. Roughly equal teams, Denver with all their issues look better than we do with no issues.

keep it up... I like this game
:D

People might say they don't care for power rankings, or that power rankings don't mean anything.... then they turn around & say, "We barely beat the Titans!" insinuating what the power rankings quantify.

EDIT:
Man.... I remember a time when we'd look at power rankings and rejoice because we were up in the twenties...

The good ole days... when every game was the most important in team history. :boogereater:

DX-TEX
09-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Dammit why are we not the 1985 Bears!? We have 11 guys on defense!

Season is over

ObsiWan
09-18-2013, 05:42 PM
If our opponents are better, they're not that much better. Roughly equal teams, Denver with all their issues look better than we do with no issues.
no issues?
NO ISSUES?!?
Whaddaymean "no issues"...??

- the Right side of our O-line still isn't up to snuff.
- our LT has turf toe and plays like he lost 50 lbs instead of just 5
- everyone wanted our starting FS (Keo) cut before the season started
- the guy who should be starting in his place has a walker and is suspected to be a member of AARP
- our kicker has issues... not sure if they're technique-related or in his head but he has issues
- Antonio Smiff is overpaid and should have been traded
- our OLBs can't get any freakin' pressure on opposing QBs
- the defensive backfield can't cover anybody (am I the only one who noticed that our one and ONLY INT has come from a LB)
- Our QB is Matt "noodle-arm/check down/fetal position/never-audible/slower-than-continental drift" Schaub

...did I mention Bob McNair is cheap?

...no issues

steelbtexan
09-18-2013, 07:09 PM
It's mainly Manning and Elway. (Better leadership)

The Broncos are 2-0 without Miller/Bailey

Can you imagine the Texans being 2-0 without Watt/Cushing?

burro
09-18-2013, 08:18 PM
Gee whizz. With 14 games left for every team to play I'm sure we can just give up on the Texans now because The Great Forehead still breathes.

**** Manning. I hope we crush him into tiny bits of dust when he comes to Reliant. Then we can hang replicas of his forehead in all the urinals.

Agreed. Contrary to popular belief, a 37 year old Peyton Manning behind a damaged o-line is not the scariest thing in the NFL at the moment. He's having a good season, but we are #4 in total defense and the Giants and Ravens are #20 and 22# respectively.

Tailgate
09-18-2013, 08:25 PM
Its WEEK 2 people. I don't understand this thread. Teams like the titans, chargers, and chefs have all improved. Colts picked up T Richardson. We play the NFC West (toughest division) and Pats/Broncos.

If people are not preparing themselves for one hell of a tough season ahead, then they are doing themselves a disservice.

Injuries are going to keep piling up for everyone. Not even the Broncos are safe right now. And who the hell knows who will be in form (Ravens 12), come playoff time?

Can't we just worry about the Ravens already? This game is FAR from a gimme even with Duane Brown and we need to be 3-0 heading into Hawks and 9ers.

Texecutioner
09-18-2013, 08:49 PM
SecondHoneymoon, is that you?

(got him TPN)

Where the hell is that guy? He used to get this board roaring.

76Texan
09-18-2013, 08:53 PM

On his third honeymoon? :overreact:

CloakNNNdagger
09-18-2013, 09:23 PM
this has been a problems for many years from my seat

Also as it has been overstated now Manning > Schaub

And we haven't broken tradition this season thus far.

DocBar
09-18-2013, 09:23 PM
Does anyone recognize that Manning, in the playoffs, is a lot like the Texans on offense (historically)? Great between the twenty's (getting to the playoffs) but not great at sealing the deal (1 SB win in how many attempts, not to mention HFA throughout)?
As another member posted, Manning is very, very good at beating a weak sister. He doesn't fare as well against elite opponents, especially in the post season.

There's more to a team than who plays QB. Since Peyton joined the league, six teams have won the Super Bowl without an elite QB. I don't count Eli Manning (twice), Big Ben (twice), or Trent Dilfer as elite QB's. Manning was the beneficiary of two incredible catches and a butt ton of luck, Big Ben had the vaunted Steelers defenses and Trent Dilfer just had to manage to keep from screwing the pooch and not fumble the game away or throw a stupid pick (something I can see Schaub doing all to easily in the big game).

That doesn't include all of the particular big breaks a Super Bowl winning team got, regardless of the QB, just to get to the big game.

The Texans look fine. They have some issues, but all teams do. The Broncos are 2-0 against 0-2 teams. The Texans are 2-0 against 1-1 teams. If the Chargers and tAcks played the Giants, Browns, Ravens and Eagles in weeks 1 and 2 they'd be, at worst, 3-1 combined. The Eagles might be a surprise this year.

Every team is different every year.

Texecutioner
09-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Does anyone recognize that Manning, in the playoffs, is a lot like the Texans on offense (historically)? Great between the twenty's (getting to the playoffs) but not great at sealing the deal (1 SB win in how many attempts, not to mention HFA throughout)?
As another member posted, Manning is very, very good at beating a weak sister. He doesn't fare as well against elite opponents, especially in the post season.

There's more to a team than who plays QB. Since Peyton joined the league, six teams have won the Super Bowl without an elite QB. I don't count Eli Manning (twice), Big Ben (twice), or Trent Dilfer as elite QB's. Manning was the beneficiary of two incredible catches and a butt ton of luck, Big Ben had the vaunted Steelers defenses and Trent Dilfer just had to manage to keep from screwing the pooch and not fumble the game away or throw a stupid pick (something I can see Schaub doing all to easily in the big game).

That doesn't include all of the particular big breaks a Super Bowl winning team got, regardless of the QB, just to get to the big game.

The Texans look fine. They have some issues, but all teams do. The Broncos are 2-0 against 0-2 teams. The Texans are 2-0 against 1-1 teams. If the Chargers and tAcks played the Giants, Browns, Ravens and Eagles in weeks 1 and 2 they'd be, at worst, 3-1 combined. The Eagles might be a surprise this year.

Every team is different every year.

Yeah, people for some reason like to ignore Manning's playoff woes. For all of the flack that Favre gets for INT's in the post season, Manning has had a ton of them as well in the same fashion, yet you never hear people talk about it for some reason. The guy has lost the majority of his playoff games to INT's that he threw at the end of games.

He is still Manning though, and I still think he can be dangerous in the post season especially with a loaded team that he currently has.

drs23
09-19-2013, 01:12 PM

He started his own board/forum a couple of years ago. Fantasy baseball IIRC. I don't remember if he posted it here or he PM'd me but he said that was eating all of his time and he'd pop in here ever so often. I think I've seen post twice since.

That's all I got. idonno:

Allstar
09-19-2013, 02:17 PM
speaking of people that don't post anymore, what about kastofsna or however you spell it?

gcates
09-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Didn't read the entire thread, just responding to the OP:

Denver won their first two games, as did Houston. Denver may have won more impressively, but football games do not take place in a bubble. One cannot compare two games between four different teams as there are so many variables that contribute to the end result.

Take the Patriots, for example. Do you think anyone is seriously doubting their chances to contend for a Super Bowl based on their less than dominating victories in weeks 1 and 2?

I think as fans we sometimes overthink things. It doesn't matter how the team is perceived right now by ourselves or the general media, or by other teams. What matters is whether or not we win the games on our schedule. It also doesn't matter what another team is doing independently of ours. If Denver had beaten us and Peyton thrown for 500 yds and 8 TDs, then yes, that would be cause for concern because they are a potential playoff matchup. However, what they did to other teams that we have not played is irrelevant to the Texans right now.

Even if we lose to a Ravens team that Denver beat, that does not mean we cannot beat Denver should we play them. It just means that we lost to the Ravens that day.

Power Rankings do not decide playoff seedings, especially after week 2.

ChampionTexan
09-20-2013, 08:03 AM
Why not?

Net Turnovers:

Texans -2
Broncos +3

And it's not all Manning vs. Schaub. Denver has 6 interceptions while Houston has 1.

thunderkyss
09-27-2013, 11:54 AM
This time last year, "everyone" new the Broncos (1-2) were a work in progress. We knew they would be a better team, a much better team before the year was over.

I'm seeing Hopkins & Posey opening up our offense.
I see Brooks & Newton getting better on that right side.
I see Arian getting better as the year progresses
I see Whitney Mercilus being the guy Wade thought he was.
I see a healthier Schaub than I've seen in at lest 2 years.

What am I missing? Why aren't we all seeing that we're on our way to being a much better team than we were in 2012 ( a team lucky to win 12 games) & much closer to that 2011 team (that should have won the Super Bowl)?

Rey
09-27-2013, 12:31 PM
This time last year, "everyone" new the Broncos (1-2) were a work in progress. We knew they would be a better team, a much better team before the year was over.

What am I missing? Why aren't we all seeing that we're on our way to being a much better team than we were in 2012 ( a team lucky to win 12 games) & much closer to that 2011 team (that should have won the Super Bowl)?

Because the qb has been playing like crap.

Chances are we'll improve as the yr goes on. Problem is, so will other teams.

I keep trying to excuse kubiak and wonder if his coaching style would change under different conditions but the qb issues is just one problem I have. I don't believe this team believes in the qb to make plays and I don't think kubiak believes it either so he overemphasizes not making mistakes.

FB drops a pass on the opening drive = total melt down. Qb is unable to make p for it, kubiak gets the upset stomach face and guys tighten up. These guys don't play loose. It's just a big circle that revolves around the qb and head coach and no one can escape.

It's fine when you play other teams that shoot themselves in the foot or aren't vey talented, but when we face other good teams playing good football we crumble.

thunderkyss
09-28-2013, 02:47 AM
I still think Schaub looks healthier than he has in a long, long time. People are goin to change the way they think about Matt Schaub.

We see what Ben & Eli look like without elite running games & above average offensive lines. We see what that New England offnes looks like without "the right" play-makers. We saw what the Saints looked like without a defense.

Schaub ain't the only one who needs a little help. He's going to take care of thatt winnning thing this year & fix the perspective on Matt Schaub.

No doubt.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

DocBar
09-28-2013, 05:11 AM

What am I missing? Why aren't we all seeing that we're on our way to being a much better team than we were in 2012 ( a team lucky to win 12 games) & much closer to that 2011 team (that should have won the Super Bowl)?Unfortunately, I see Kubiak/ Dennison not being willing to adjust game plans enough to encompass the improved talent at key positions or adjust accordingly to accommodate injuries/inconsistencies on the OL.

Phillips seems to be able to adjust his defenses to counter tactics on a weekly basis. To be honest, neither Phillips or Kubiak/ Dennison adjust nearly as quickly as we fans would like. Kubiak and Dennison seem a lot less keen on dictating the action through changing tactics than reinforcing the "I will impose my will on you" mantra, whether through running or passing. How many fans almost had cardiac arrest on the fake punt in the Chargers game?

hradhak
09-28-2013, 09:12 AM
I still think Schaub looks healthier than he has in a long, long time. People are goin to change the way they think about Matt Schaub.

We see what Ben & Eli look like without elite running games & above average offensive lines. We see what that New England offnes looks like without "the right" play-makers. We saw what the Saints looked like without a defense.

Schaub ain't the only one who needs a little help. He's going to take care of thatt winnning thing this year & fix the perspective on Matt Schaub.

No doubt.

I wonder if it is Schaub or if it is Schaub and the playcalling. Our offense was much more open in the second half of the Chargers game and Titans game. We didn't even make any throws past 10-15 yards last game. That's what I never understood. Yes, Schaub was taking a lot of pressure, but still you gotta be more aggressive with the play calls.

A screen pass on 4th and 2 is a downright stupid playcall. That said, Schaub has to play better also. If the pocket collapses he needs to move and do something.

thunderkyss
09-28-2013, 10:24 AM
To be honest, neither Phillips or Kubiak/ Dennison adjust nearly as quickly as we fans would like. Kubiak and Dennison seem a lot less keen on dictating the action through changing tactics than reinforcing the "I will impose my will on you" mantra, whether through running or passing. How many fans almost had cardiac arrest on the fake punt in the Chargers game?

Maybe it's not as easy as you think it is.

If you can bring yourself to do it, watch the Tennessee game again. There's a lot of what you're looking for in there. We're just missing by inches. I feel in a few more games, you're going to see exactly what you're looking for.

Maybe we're going a little slower than any of us would like..... but maybe it'll stick, you know what I mean?

thunderkyss
09-28-2013, 10:38 AM
I wonder if it is Schaub or if it is Schaub and the playcalling. Our offense was much more open in the second half of the Chargers game and Titans game. We didn't even make any throws past 10-15 yards last game. That's what I never understood. Yes, Schaub was taking a lot of pressure, but still you gotta be more aggressive with the play calls.

A screen pass on 4th and 2 is a downright stupid playcall. That said, Schaub has to play better also. If the pocket collapses he needs to move and do something.

The 4th & 2 was asinine. That was on Kubiak.... actually Schaub should have had the balls to say, "WTF...... I got this." & if I'm Kubiak, I'm getting tired of waiting for him to say it. I think Elway, Young, maybe even Griese had to command that kind of respect from Kubiak/Schanahan. I don't believe it should be "given" to a QB. When we're in crunch time, you want to know your QB, your field general is as invested in the play as you are.

The other plays... not throwing deep unless we're down by two scores... that's on Schaub. Don't just look at the guy who catches the ball. Look at the other receivers. There's usually a shallow, mid, deep route, Schaub chooses to throw to someone other than the deep guy.

The deep route is usually the "riskiest" in Schaubspeak, "we take what the defense gives us, they take away Andre..." When it gets real, he'll challenge two deep coverage, but when Kubiak will call plays that will open Andre against those coverages... why?

He trusts that Kubiak will call those plays at the appropriate time. He usually does.

Rey
09-28-2013, 02:11 PM

No doubt.

I've seen all those qb's regularly make plays when the play breaks down. And I've said this a million times and so have nfl players: Our offense doesn't put as much in the qb as some other offenses.

I guarantee that if you put Schaub in those other guys' offenses and ask him to do what they are doing playmaking wise, he'd be much worse. This offense makes Schaub and everyone else that plats qb in it look a little better than they are.

Schaub can't do what any of those guys can do. He's not a playmaker. Yes he will pull a blue moon out of his ass every now and then, but that's not his M.O.

The comparisons don't work.

Take it fwiw, but some media guys are saying that there are quite a few guys in the locker room that will privately admit that they don't believe Schaub is good enough.

I think Derrick Ward was spot on with his Eli/Schaub comparison. Eli isn't even the greatest qb in the world, but Eli in this offense would be 100x better that what we have now.

thunderkyss
09-28-2013, 03:03 PM
I've seen all those qb's regularly make plays when the play breaks down.

Schaub can't do what any of those guys can do. He's not a playmaker. Yes he will pull a blue moon out of his ass every now and then, but that's not his M.O.

No doubt about it, but even with that advantage Schaub gets similar results. Maybe it's the offense but we saw this offense take a major step back in efficiency when the more mobile Yates came in. I'd like to think we'd get what Schaub does before the play breaks down in addition to what Ben & Eli can do after... But that's not the point.

Schaub in this offense is equivalent to them in theirs for all intents & purposes.

& Schaub has been finding that blue moon situation in every game we've played so far.

Take it fwiw, but some media guys are saying that there are quite a few guys in the locker room that will privately admit that they don't believe Schaub is good enough.

I think Derrick Ward was spot on with his Eli/Schaub comparison. Eli isn't even the greatest qb in the world, but Eli in this offense would be 100x better that what we have now.

Maybe why Derrick Ward isn't collecting a paycheck from the NFL these days. If there are guys in that locker room who don't believe in Schaub that's on Schaub & says more about his leadership than his play on the field which I am not debating at this time.

He looks good to me... Better than he did before the injury. We weren't undefeated then, I don't expect us to be now. He threw interceptions then I don't over react when I see them now. He had stinker games, I expect a couple of stinkers in the future. So far, Eli & Ben have had more stinkers than Schaub.

He's not as big as Ben, not as tough as Eli, or Flacco for that matter. But in this offense he's as good as any of them in theirs & therefore can win a SuperBowl if everybody does their job like JPp & Strahan & Hicks & Cruz helped Eli. Or Bettis, Ward, Harrison, & Palamalu helped Ben.

handswarmer
09-29-2013, 07:49 AM
No doubt about it, but even with that advantage Schaub gets similar results. Maybe it's the offense but we saw this offense take a major step back in efficiency when the more mobile Yates came in. I'd like to think we'd get what Schaub does before the play breaks down in addition to what Ben & Eli can do after... But that's not the point.

Schaub in this offense is equivalent to them in theirs for all intents & purposes.

& Schaub has been finding that blue moon situation in every game we've played so far.

Maybe why Derrick Ward isn't collecting a paycheck from the NFL these days. If their are guys in that locker room who don't believe in Schaub that's on Schaub & says more about his leadership than his play on the field which I am not debating at this time.

He looks good to me... Better than he did before the injury. We weren't undefeated then, I don't expect us to be now. He threw interceptions then I don't over react when I see them now. He had stinker games, I expect a couple of stinkers in the future. So far, Eli & Ben have had more stinkers than Schaub.

He's not as big as Ben, not as tough as Eli, or Flacco for that matter. But in this offense he's as good as any of them in theirs & therefore can win a SuperBowl if everybody does their job like JPp & Strahan & Hicks & Cruz helped Eli. Or Bettis, Ward, Harrison, & Palamalu helped Ben.

JJWatt, Brian Cushing, Arian Foster, Andre Johnson and company are the problem?

No I believe its more on Schaub, then Kubiak before anyone else.

hradhak
09-29-2013, 10:41 AM
The deep route is usually the "riskiest" in Schaubspeak, "we take what the defense gives us, they take away Andre..." When it gets real, he'll challenge two deep coverage, but when Kubiak will call plays that will open Andre against those coverages... why?

He trusts that Kubiak will call those plays at the appropriate time. He usually does.

I have never understood the coach and Schaub mentality of the deep pass being more dangerous. Schaub's pick six's have been less than 10 yards down field. Throw it deep and you open up those short routes. I would rather throw an INT 40 yards downfield and keep the safety back than throw dink and dunk all game to then have the route jumped. At least with the deep pick it is like a punt (maybe not a Lechler punt)

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 12:13 PM
JJWatt, Brian Cushing, Arian Foster, Andre Johnson and company are the problem?

No I believe its more on Schaub, then Kubiak before anyone else.

Before our play off run, we said we needed the run game to show up & the defense to show up. They made plays, the same way Schaub threw completions, but they didn't show up the way we needed them to show up.

It's not on Schaub/Kubiak anymore than it's on anyone else on the team. As elite as Flacco played the Ravens would have finished in second place if Ray Lewis & his defense didn't make that goal line stand with less than 2 minutes to go in the 4th qtr. and Flacco being able to "lead" the Ravens to a Championship would still be theoretical. They would have exited the divisional round if Jacoby didn't step it up & make the play he made to extend the game.

As romantic as the notion of the Championship winning QB is... Teams win Championships.

ljhog
09-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Why not?

So what's up?
Peyton Manning / Matt Schuab. See the difference now. And BTW Andre Johnson is injury prone past his prime.

infantrycak
09-29-2013, 06:40 PM
And BTW Andre Johnson is injury prone past his prime.

On pace for 1500 yds coming off a 1600 yd season - not past his prime.

Vinny
09-29-2013, 06:42 PM
On pace for 1500 yds coming off a 1600 yd season - not past his prime.
I agree. He's a bit of a different player but certainly not past his prime. Hell, I'd hate to see this offense without him for any long stretch.

DocBar
09-29-2013, 06:52 PM
Before our play off run, we said we needed the run game to show up & the defense to show up. They made plays, the same way Schaub threw completions, but they didn't show up the way we needed them to show up.

It's not on Schaub/Kubiak anymore than it's on anyone else on the team. As elite as Flacco played the Ravens would have finished in second place if Ray Lewis & his defense didn't make that goal line stand with less than 2 minutes to go in the 4th qtr. and Flacco being able to "lead" the Ravens to a Championship would still be theoretical. They would have exited the divisional round if Jacoby didn't step it up & make the play he made to extend the game.

As romantic as the notion of the Championship winning QB is... Teams win Championships.Teams win championships but QB's that throw pick 6's like they're going out of style loses games and keeps teams from getting to the championship game. QB is about the only position you can't have subpar play at and win consistently with out the rest of the team playing lights out.

Just look at the azz whipping Denver is putting on Phillie.

handswarmer
09-29-2013, 08:11 PM

As romantic as the notion of the Championship winning QB is... Teams win Championships.
Did jacoby catch the ball that he htrew to himself? Or did Flacco throw it?

Oh

DocBar
09-29-2013, 08:13 PM

OhJacoby ran back a kick for a TD.

htowntexans1985
09-29-2013, 08:17 PM
Can we just end the 2013 season and award Denver the Lombardi? They look unstoppable. Man!

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 08:40 PM

Oh

The point is the QB can't do it by himself.

Keep up.

handswarmer
09-29-2013, 08:44 PM
The point is the QB can't do it by himself.

Keep up.

Point is you need a QB, not a noodle armed pick six machine

try to keep up.

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Point is you need a QB, not a noodle armed pick six machine

try to keep up.

How many INTs did that rocket arm stud you call a QB throw today? In one game he damn near matched Schaub's total for the year.

DocBar
09-29-2013, 09:13 PM
How many INTs did that rocket arm stud you call a QB throw today? In one game he damn near matched Schaub's total for the year.Flacco's arm is probably worn out from hoisting the Lomabardi Trophy while wearing his Super Bowl ring. :trophy:

Schaub just has a weak arm.:kitten:

JCTexan
09-29-2013, 09:17 PM
Forget the Broncos: the Texans don't look much better than the Chiefs, Colts, Dolphins, Titans, Chargers, Bengals or Ravens either. I'm worried about this team just making the playoffs at this point.

fiasco west
09-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Forget the Broncos: the Texans don't look much better than the Chiefs, Colts, Dolphins, Titans, Chargers, Bengals or Ravens either. I'm worried about this team just making the playoffs at this point.

Aww come on now. We beat the Titans and Chargers already...Bengals lost to the Browns today sooo....lets not write them off completely yet.

JCTexan
09-29-2013, 09:28 PM
Aww come on now. We beat the Titans and Chargers already...Bengals lost to the Browns today sooo....lets not write them off completely yet.

I'm not writing us off, but all those teams either have the same record or have a better record than Houston. I'm always tougher on my team and right now I don't have a lot of confidence in the QB of this team.

HouTx11
09-29-2013, 09:35 PM
The thread says "We don't look as good as the Broncos".

I'm thinking: Nobody looks as good as the Broncos.

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 09:36 PM
The thread says "We don't look as good as the Broncos".

I'm thinking: Nobody looks as good as the Broncos.

I hope they keep looking head & shoulders better than everyone else.

The best team in the NFL has not won the Super Bowl in so long it isn't funny.