09-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Nice comeback. Heck of a game.

I'm gutted, but that's football.

Thorn
09-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Dude, yall got a good defense.

eriadoc
09-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Bills game notwithstanding, you shouldn't be gutted, you should be happy. HOUSTON won. Aren't you a former Houstonian? Did you move to Nashville?

:stirpot:

jaayteetx
09-15-2013, 03:52 PM
A lot closer than I thought it would be, Tacks might be building something with that defense and Locker looked like an NFL qb.

LikeMike
09-15-2013, 03:53 PM
Thanks man - what a game. You can be proud of your defense...

But what a game. 3 missed FGs, 2 TOs and we win it in overtime. Hopkins is the man - reminds me a lot of Julio Jones already. If only our O-Line could step up and Schaub play more consistent...

76Texan
09-15-2013, 03:54 PM
I need some Pepto Bismol, LOL!

Thanks, for being a good sport, Toronto.

Scarecrow
09-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Have to echo the statement, good game. I think we play again week 17???

Hopefully both teams still have something to play for.

toronto
09-15-2013, 04:03 PM
Bills game notwithstanding, you shouldn't be gutted, you should be happy. HOUSTON won. Aren't you a former Houstonian? Did you move to Nashville?

:stirpot:

Last lived in Houston in 1984. Couldn't wash the Oilers off me. Wish I could. :kubepalm:

SAMURAITEXAN
09-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Have to echo the statement, good game. I think we play again week 17???

Hopefully both teams still have something to play for.

You guys got really good D.

HTown2ATX
09-15-2013, 04:18 PM
Last lived in Houston in 1984. Couldn't wash the Oilers off me. Wish I could. :kubepalm:

Embrace it dude. I do. It makes the Texans future success all the sweeter. I still pick up old Oilers gear when I can for me and my daughter.

eriadoc

Gotta root for the city, not the team.

Pantherstang84

The Oilers no longer exist.

Showtime100
09-15-2013, 04:22 PM

Tennessee get's a lot of credit they didn't have before from where I sit. They are going to be legitimately back sooner than later. Good luck until Week 17!

sandmanx
09-15-2013, 04:24 PM
The Oilers no longer exist.

They were dead to me the second they left the city. Once Bud croaks I'll probably not hate them as much.

Hervoyel
09-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Glad we won but I expect the Texans to beat the Titans every single time they meet. I don't just dislike your team, I hate everything about them. I wish them nothing but pain and misery (professionally) for the duration of all of their careers (or to the extent that those careers take place in Nashville).

Having said that I think that a) Locker appears to be turning the corner a bit and b) The Titans defense is again competent and not to be underestimated.

It shouldn't have been that close though. The Texans played one of the worst games I've seen them play, missing FG's like crazy and throwing picks and still rolled to 30 points, 452 yards, and 25 first downs.

If Schaub doesn't come out and crap himself most of the day that game looks more like what most of us expected.

Pantherstang84
09-15-2013, 04:31 PM
They were dead to me the second they left the city. Once Bud croaks I'll probably not hate them as much.

QFT

Sevenfeet
09-15-2013, 04:35 PM
You guys are what we thought you were (a great team). And we nearly had you guys put away. But we're going to continue to get better and we will be back. But the Texans are clearly not invincible. The end of the year game at LP field will be interesting for sure.

fiasco west
09-15-2013, 04:38 PM
You guys are what we thought you were (a great team). And we nearly had you guys put away. But we're going to continue to get better and we will be back. But the Texans are clearly not invincible. The end of the year game at LP field will be interesting for sure.

Hopefully for you guys and not the Texans.

I think the AFCS will send two teams this year though, and thus far the Titans look like they could be the 2nd team. Still think the Texans have way too much talent to lose the division.

DX-TEX
09-15-2013, 04:38 PM

GG. Your defense is legit. Like ours "high risk/high reward". Hopefully that last game of the season will be meaningless as both teams are in the playoffs

MEGA SWATT
09-15-2013, 04:42 PM

I'm so happy the titans lost. I'm not happy we almost gifted a win at home with some half hearted play

fiasco west
09-15-2013, 04:46 PM
GG. Your defense is legit. Like ours "high risk/high reward". Hopefully that last game of the season will be meaningless as both teams are in the playoffs

It's going to be tough. Looks like all of the AFC divisions thus far are pretty decent.

SD,KC behind Denver. SD won and KC has been very impressive so far.

Jets are better than expected and the Fins have improved behind the Pats.

Our own division has the Colts and Titans hopefully behind the Texans.

Looks like it'll be very competitive for those WC spots this year.

Tailgate
09-15-2013, 05:05 PM

Nobody is invincible in the NFL, especially division games. Tough loss. Your D should cause some havoc.

gtexan02
09-15-2013, 05:08 PM

Glad to hear it. Fandom is a choice, and you chose the Titans. It's like cheering for the villains in movies -- you know how you're going to feel in the end.

toronto
09-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Glad to hear it. Fandom is a choice, and you chose the Titans. It's like cheering for the villains in movies -- you know how you're going to feel in the end.

To me that's the Yankees, Cowboys etc but I understand my surroundings here and hilariously, I hate Bud Adams too. Maybe I just enjoy maschocistic situations.

I tried to leave the Titans when the Texans came to life. I'm slowly moving to the Raptors and Blue Jays too. Its been a long time since my days on the mean streets of South Braeswood....

Suspect a lot of credit goes to the bounty guy. Have to wonder....

gary
09-15-2013, 05:15 PM
There is not any reason to hate teams it is a game I do not boo any players in any sport it is disrespectful.

eriadoc
09-15-2013, 05:22 PM
There is not any reason to hate teams it is a game I do not boo any players in any sport it is disrespectful.

Booooo.

Showtime100
09-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Booooo.

:spit:

gary
09-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Booooo.When the opposing teams come out before out before the game I do not react until the booing begins then I cheer loudly JMO.

Hervoyel
09-15-2013, 05:31 PM

I don't boo them. I just hate them.

toronto
09-15-2013, 05:35 PM
Booooo.

so wanted to rep this.

Hervoyel
09-15-2013, 06:00 PM
so wanted to rep this.

Got him.

gary
09-15-2013, 06:08 PM
I don't boo them. I just hate them.You hate them because Bud did wrong? They were not on the team.

Hervoyel
09-15-2013, 06:21 PM
You hate them because Bud did wrong? They were not on the team.

I hate them because they were the Oiler's and because they are the Titans. I hate them because they are in our division and they have an extensive history of being a cheap shot throwing bunch of vermin who will not stop being that under the tutelage of Gregg Williams, their new "head rat".

The Titans are a garbage franchise owned by a carpet-bagging old vampire who can't die soon enough to suit me. I'll spend several years mulling the thought of leaving a "mineral deposit" on Bud's grave I'm sure.

burro
09-15-2013, 09:50 PM
bud adams is satan. frankly, i hope his manhood turns black and falls in the crapper. i wish a similar fate on the tits.

good game though.

thunderkyss
09-16-2013, 01:28 PM
I hate them because they were the Oiler's and because they are the Titans. I hate them because they are in our division and they have an extensive history of being a cheap shot throwing bunch of vermin who will not stop being that under the tutelage of Gregg Williams, their new "head rat".

I hate them because they've beaten us 14 times to our 9 wins.

toronto
09-16-2013, 01:59 PM

I just don't hate your team. I probably will never get there.

My hatred will always be reserved for the Steelers, Bills, Bengals, Ravens, Colts and Pats, and Broncos. Basically every team that haunted the Oilers and Titans, which is half the AFC at this point.

Thorn
09-16-2013, 05:31 PM
I just don't hate your team. I probably will never get there.

My hatred will always be reserved for the Steelers, Bills, Bengals, Ravens, Colts and Pats, and Broncos. Basically every team that haunted the Oilers and Titans, which is half the AFC at this point.

Other than the Titans are divisional foes, I have so special hatred for them. The Oilers are gone. History. I hate Bud ****ing Adams, not the Titans or their fans. As I've mentioned before, I'm met some Titan fans online whom I enjoy talking football with.

Showtime100
09-16-2013, 05:49 PM

At least the series now has competitive numbers. What once was 2-10 against them has turned to 9-14. The Texans have taken seven of the last ten and have now outscored the Teets 501-496 all-time straight up.

:texflag: :kingkong: :texflag:

Scarecrow
09-16-2013, 10:06 PM
I find it hard to hate you guys as well.

I mean no disrespect when I say this, but why should I hate you guys? For the longest time you were irrelevant to us, your old team is now ours, and we really haven't shared any meaningful games. It just sort of feels forced.

Showtime100
09-16-2013, 10:20 PM
I find it hard to hate you guys as well.

I mean no disrespect when I say this, but why should I hate you guys? For the longest time you were irrelevant to us, your old team is now ours, and we really haven't shared any meaningful games. It just sort of feels forced.

I can understand your point of view. The hatred comes from days with Bud Adams you didn't live through, I suppose (I assume you are a fan with no roots in the Houston area?).

I could go on a looooooong rant filled with examples, but I'll spare us both and just say the hatred is well-founded, but really directed at Adams himself more than anything else.

Add to that, the fact that his team is in our division and meets us twice a year for the same piece of pie so the hatred moves to the football field. (notice I said "our" division :D)

Maybe that is why you feel it's forced. You reaped the benefit of his bullsh!t while we lost a team that many of us loved while growing up. Funny thing is, if us Texan fans are looking at it honestly, we are also reaping the benefits of his BS now that we have an NFL organization with none of the crap that came with Bud's putrid way of doing "business".

You're a pretty cool poster, Scarecrow, cheers!

Scarecrow
09-16-2013, 10:24 PM
I can understand your point of view. The hatred comes from days with Bud Adams you didn't live through, I suppose (I assume you are a fan with no roots in the Houston area?).

I could go on a looooooong rant filled with examples, but I'll spare us both and just say the hatred is well-founded, but really directed at Adams himself more than anything else.

Add to this, the fact that his team meets us twice a year for the same piece of pie and the hatred moves to the football field.

Maybe that is why you feel it's forced. You reaped the benefit of his bullsh!t while we lost a team that many of us grew up loving. Funny thing is, if us Texan fans are looking at it honestly, we are also reaping the benefits of his BS now that we have an NFL organization with none of the crap that came with Bud's putrid way of doing "business".

You're a pretty cool poster, Scarecrow, cheers!

Oh don't get me wrong, I understand why those from Houston would hate us. I was thinking the other day that if the Titans moved in the McNair/George era how would I feel?

I really can't answer that, if TN didn't get a team for years on end, I'd probably root for the players. It was probably time for the Oilers to move though.

SheTexan
09-16-2013, 10:25 PM
All I hope for is that Bud Adams will NEVER hold the Lombardi in his sorry, evil hands!! After he goes on to football hell, I really don't care what happens with that franchise. I truly don't think I will hate them as much after that pos is gone!

steelbtexan
09-16-2013, 10:44 PM
Hatred=Bud Adams

steelbtexan
09-16-2013, 10:45 PM
All I hope for is that Bud Adams will NEVER hold the Lombardi in his sorry, evil hands!! After he goes on to football hell, I really don't care what happens with that franchise. I truly don't think I will hate them as much after that pos is gone!

Repped

ObsiWan
09-17-2013, 01:09 AM
You hate them because Bud did wrong? They were not on the team.

Other than the Titans are divisional foes, I have so special hatred for them. The Oilers are gone. History. I hate Bud ****ing Adams, not the Titans or their fans. As I've mentioned before, I'm met some Titan fans online whom I enjoy talking football with.

I'm with these guys. Today's Titans' players were probably in diapers when Bud took his franchise and left town. So my feelings have more to do with the fact they - as well as the other two divisional foes - stand in our way to the divisional title. And also, each, in turn, have given us grief during our short history.

I despise the Colts as much as Bud because of their "Suck for Luck" tanking in 2011(?) and for 2009 when they gave the Jets a win rather than play them honest, insuring we'd miss the playoffs.

May the Titans' pass rush give Luck massive headaches when they play them this year.

gwallaia
09-17-2013, 06:32 AM
I'm with these guys. Today's Titans' players were probably in diapers when Bud took his franchise and left town.

And now it's Bud who is in diapers.