PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 vs Titans - Let's predict

76Texan
09-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Texans open as an 8-1/2 to 9 point favorite.
I predict 42-10 good guys. :whip:

Anybody here thinks that the Tacks have a chance? :gun:

Thorn
09-10-2013, 12:11 PM
I predict our second win. I also predict I'll be watching this one live. LOL

toronto
09-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Titan fan checking in (not that I ever checked out)...

Texans will win. Cannot see Titans winning in both Pittsburgh and Houston. I also can't see the Texans coming out that flat again.

Not sure on a score, but believe Texans win. Want to see injury updates first.

wpsharpshooter
09-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Titan fan here. I honestly thought we would lose to the Steelers. So my initial thought was to be 0-2 going into week 3. I really dont think the Titans have anything for Houston but Im fine with being 1-1 lol.... I just hope that its a decent game and we dont get shut out...

The Pencil Neck
09-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Welcome to the Titans fans.

I haven't gone back and watched that Steeler game, yet. I want to see what happened before I pull any scores out of the air but I expect us to win this game.

I didn't expect the Titans to beat the Steelers. CJ2K is streaky and Locker has some potential. I want to see that Titans D and what they did and whether it was the Titans playing good football or if it was the Steelers sucking worse than I thought they would.

2012Champs
09-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Texans open as an 8-1/2 to 9 point favorite.
I predict 42-10 good guys. :whip:

Anybody here thinks that the Tacks have a chance? :gun:

scoresandodds doesnt show anything yet for the game but I think -9 sounds right

Thorn
09-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Welcome to the Titans fans.

I haven't gone back and watched that Steeler game, yet. I want to see what happened before I pull any scores out of the air but I expect us to win this game.

I didn't expect the Titans to beat the Steelers. CJ2K is streaky and Locker has some potential. I want to see that Titans D and what they did and whether it was the Titans playing good football or if it was the Steelers sucking worse than I thought they would.

Just my opinion, but I don't think the Steelers are nearly as good as everyone thinks them to be, nor are the Titans as bad as everyone thinks them to be. I've been saying all along the Titans are going to challenge the Dolts for 2nd place in the AFCS. I'm still not a believer in the whole Luck mystique with the Dolts.

Seegara
09-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Toros 43, Tacks 0. Texans mad from SD game.

MistaRed
09-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Texans 27 Titans 17

EllisUnit
09-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Dammnit 76 i always make these, last time this happened the texans got their asses kicked :vincepalm:

Thorn
09-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Dammnit 76 i always make these, last time this happened the texans got their asses kicked :vincepalm:

Well, at least we'll know who to blame. That should cut down on a lot of post game threads next Sunday.

b0ng
09-10-2013, 01:11 PM
scoresandodds doesnt show anything yet for the game but I think -9 sounds right

9 sounds really really high, although without having watched the TEN/PIT game I cannot say for sure. One Steeler fan I know said that both teams were just trying to give the game away and the Titans just played less ****ty than Pittsburgh did.

toronto
09-10-2013, 01:15 PM
9 sounds really really high, although without having watched the TEN/PIT game I cannot say for sure. One Steeler fan I know said that both teams were just trying to give the game away and the Titans just played less ****ty than Pittsburgh did.

Not that far from the truth. I think a well constructed offense puts up 35 easy on the Steelers right now.

deucetx
09-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Divisional games are usually tougher so I will roll with 24-9. Bironas gets to have a field goal-a-thon but we keep them from the endzone.

Texn4life
09-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Too soon for me to predict a score, but I predict Antonio Smith will play like a freaking mad man. You know it ate him up to not be with the team last night. I also don't anticipate JJ going sackless for another game.

Hopefully we'll work in Ed some, and have him ready to roll week 3. He looked like he wanted to be out on the field playing last night pretty bad.

76Texan
09-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Just my opinion, but I don't think the Steelers are nearly as good as everyone thinks them to be, nor are the Titans as bad as everyone thinks them to be. I've been saying all along the Titans are going to challenge the Dolts for 2nd place in the AFCS. I'm still not a believer in the whole Luck mystique with the Dolts.

I never thought the Titans are bad either.
They just don't have enough talent yet.

76Texan
09-10-2013, 02:04 PM

There's always a first. :aggressive:

badboy
09-10-2013, 02:10 PM
San Diego first half Texans show up and Titans hands our buns to us with or without mustard.

San Diego 2nd half Texans show up and we have W 2.

Tesuns
09-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Bob's team 31, Bud's team 20

Arian 2 TDs
Hopkins 1 TD
Daniel 1 TD
Bullock 1 FG

DX-TEX
09-10-2013, 02:28 PM
46 - 10 good guys.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0910/nfl_u_bullock_ah_300.jpg

Randy "Beercan" Bullock!! Just because!

Dread-Head
09-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Budd Adams being unhappy...makes me delirious. :dread:

Texans by 10. Will there be a watch party?

76Texan
09-10-2013, 03:52 PM
I predict our second win. I also predict I'll be watching this one live. LOL

Just make sure you don't oversleep, Thorn. :brando:

Texan_Bill
09-10-2013, 03:54 PM
According to their message boards, we're going to lose 42-0. :spit:

HouTx11
09-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Best guess: 31 - 17 Texans.

toronto
09-10-2013, 05:00 PM

Not the board I'm on...we're too pessimistic by nature, even when our team is good, to go that far.

b0ng
09-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Win by 7. I think the Titans pass game is going to look like crap, but their rushing attack will be good enough to keep them hanging around. I think the Texans pass game isn't as prolific but I believe the running game will work much better.

It's a good thing Jake Locker doesn't get nearly the attention of being terrible that Blaine Gabbert gets. Hopefully the Titans extend him.

2012Champs
09-10-2013, 05:22 PM

opened at -8.5

5dimes is -10
mgm/caesars -9

fiasco west
09-10-2013, 05:22 PM

Some funny stuff over there.

Some seem to believe they beat the 07-08 Patriots with how great their defense is now. I mean they did beat down a team with a aging QB who has no weapons and no Oline, so maybe they are right?

Realistically though I can't see it. They have a good running game, but the Texans are pretty stout against the run and they eat decent QBs alive. Not to mention it is our home opener AND after the slow start last week they will be making it a emphasis to start stronger.

It could be competitive for a while since it's a division game but I think the Texans should win comfortably.

Thorn
09-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Not the board I'm on...we're too pessimistic by nature, even when our team is good, to go that far.

As you well know, I like posting on your board. titanstailgate.com has some nice folks there. If you guys would like some honest and friendly contact with Titan fans, that's the place to do it. Of course if you troll them I'm sure they are quite capable of hitting back. LOL

But I've been posting there off an on for several years now and have had nothing but a good experience with them.

76Texan
09-10-2013, 06:12 PM
As you well know, I like posting on your board. titanstailgate.com has some nice folks there. If you guys would like some honest and friendly contact with Titan fans, that's the place to do it. Of course if you troll them I'm sure they are quite capable of hitting back. LOL

But I've been posting there off an on for several years now and have had nothing but a good experience with them.

You've been napping with the enemy huh Thorn? :brando:

toronto
09-10-2013, 06:31 PM
You've been napping with the enemy huh Thorn? :brando:

Its ok, we're tired too.

:sleep:

Wolf6151
09-10-2013, 06:59 PM
They're still shaking some rust off in game 2 but the Texans win 31-24.

Welcome back Antonio Smith, we surely missed you yesterday.

potisyourfriend
09-10-2013, 09:13 PM
I don't think the Titans can put 20 on us at home. You stop CJ and they are left with nothing on offense.

SAMURAITEXAN
09-10-2013, 09:16 PM

They sure know about football. Don't they?:spit:

toronto
09-10-2013, 09:55 PM
I don't think the Titans can put 20 on us at home. You stop CJ and they are left with nothing on offense.

He is nowhere near 2009 CJ. I am closing in on being convinced he is one of the most overrated names in the NFL

EllisUnit
09-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Ok guys i was watching the movie now you see me (some of you may remember i picked the exact score of the first play off game against the bengals)

Watching this movie made me dig into my deeper physic and here is what it revealed to me.

Texans 51 Titans 13

Schaub with 423 yards and 4 TDs
AJ 237 yards and 2 TDs
Foster with 181 yards and 1 TD
JJ Watt with 5 sacks
JoJo with an int

BANK on it boys, we are going to destroy the titans, and Kubiak will show something rarely seen in his tenure as head coach of the texans. He will put his foot on the throat of the titans and squeeze the life out of them.....

Now here is my prediction before i reached my spiritual inter self

Texans 28 Titans 17

I like my spiritual version better though

chicagotexan2
09-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Texans score 31

Titans score 9 which coincidently is the same average amount of teeth the average Titan fan has which coincidently is the same average Winderlich score the average Titan fan gets which coincidently is the same average grade level the the average Titan fan completes which coincidently is the same average amount of goats the average Titan fan bangs which coincidently is the same average length in Centimeters the average Titan schlong measures (women too)

Playoffs
09-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Texans -- 45

Titans -- 2 possums, 3 coonskins, 6 inbreds, and a toof. http://forums.savage2.com/images/smilies/tooth.gif

Scarecrow
09-11-2013, 01:14 AM
24-14

Tits

JCTexan
09-11-2013, 01:24 AM
The Texans Home opener vs. the Tacks. It's hard for me to see this as anything but a blowout. 38-12 Texans.

Allstar
09-11-2013, 01:41 AM
I honestly think we'll kick their teeth in. Early.

ATXtexanfan
09-11-2013, 06:23 AM
31-13 texans
Early beatdown then cruise control

Showtime100
09-11-2013, 07:14 AM
34-20 Texans.

:fans:

Tailgate
09-11-2013, 12:39 PM
I honestly think we'll kick their teeth in. Early.

I hope so, and you may very well be right. I do think they are improved along O-Line and maybe they have taken a step forward on D.

But we are deeper, and have more star power on our roster. And as much as the dilusional titans fans think they are entrenched with NFL lor and rich history (lol), the fact of the matter remains their squad is an inexperienced one and our team and its systems are in 5th gear.

We have a short week, but it's our home opener and this team will ultimately force its will on Locker and the titans. Score will look closer than the game feels.

Texans 27
Titans 17

potisyourfriend
09-11-2013, 12:45 PM
I honestly think we'll kick their tooth in. Early.

Fixed

Bulluck53
09-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Texans 27-10

Uncle Rico
09-11-2013, 11:01 PM
Houston- 24
Tenn.- 13

Oversized foam middle fingers should be made for this game for all the fans at or around the visiting owners box! F U Bud!

escrimador
09-12-2013, 02:14 AM
I expect a

http://i.imgur.com/Sk5wwHJ.jpg (http://imgur.com/Sk5wwHJ)

35-6

thunderkyss
09-12-2013, 02:50 PM
I think Schaub does read this board. I think Schaub does listen to Houston Sports Radio... I think he's getting too much love, he don't know how to act & he's a tad below mediocre come Sunday.

16 - 14, Them boys on Kirby.

Our only TD comes on a Shilo Keo pick 6 with 0:30 left on the clock.

The Pencil Neck
09-12-2013, 06:55 PM
I'll say 31-14, Texans.

It looked to me like the Steelers were moving the ball at will on the Titans until Pouncey went down. CJ0.5K had < 3 ypc and Locker completed 55% of his passes for 6.3 yards per attempt. And I don't think that was against a great defense.

thunderkyss
09-12-2013, 07:41 PM
I'll say 31-14, Texans.

It looked to me like the Steelers were moving the ball at will on the Titans until Pouncey went down. CJ0.5K had < 3 ypc and Locker completed 55% of his passes for 6.3 yards per attempt. And I don't think that was against a great defense.

I forgot about Pouncey leaving the game. That definitely explains a lot.

NastyNate
09-13-2013, 01:14 PM
I predict I'll drink many a beer at the tailgate and scream my head off.

DX-TEX
09-13-2013, 01:17 PM
46-10

http://gifsoup.com/view2/2404524/clubber-lang-pain-o.gif

cstyle42
09-13-2013, 01:56 PM
38-20 Texans win

Sevenfeet
09-14-2013, 08:24 AM
Greetings Texans Nation from Nashville,

The one thing Titans fans have potentially in this game is that the Texans could get very overconfident coming into this game since you guys were expecting two easy W's in the schedule. You guys clearly game out last week and clearly laid an egg every which way in the first half...it was San Diego's fault that they didn't put you guys away when the had the chance. You'd think a three touchdown league would be enough but that's not enough against a good team in the NFL...never let off the gas.

Nobody expects us to have a chance...of course, they were saying the same thing last week. We shut down the Steeler running game, but usually that means that Big Ben just carves up our secondary and takes the game that way. But with five sacks and excellent coverage by the corners, he had a long night.

If we can make a game of this going into the 4th quarter, all bets are off. It's hard to make comebacks on the road against a good opponent, but then again, you guys did it last week. Anything is possible in the NFL. everybody thinks we're going to lose anyway which means we can play like we have nothing to lose.

Are the Texans the better team? Sure. Will you be tomorrow? We'll see.

drs23
09-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Greetings Texans Nation from Nashville,

The one thing Titans fans have potentially in this game is that the Texans could get very overconfident coming into this game since you guys were expecting two easy W's in the schedule. You guys clearly game out last week and clearly laid an egg every which way in the first half...it was San Diego's fault that they didn't put you guys away when the had the chance. You'd think a three touchdown league would be enough but that's not enough against a good team in the NFL...never let off the gas.

Nobody expects us to have a chance...of course, they were saying the same thing last week. We shut down the Steeler running game, but usually that means that Big Ben just carves up our secondary and takes the game that way. But with five sacks and excellent coverage by the corners, he had a long night.

If we can make a game of this going into the 4th quarter, all bets are off. It's hard to make comebacks on the road against a good opponent, but then again, you guys did it last week. Anything is possible in the NFL. everybody thinks we're going to lose anyway which means we can play like we have nothing to lose.

Are the Texans the better team? Sure. Will you be tomorrow? We'll see.

Indeed, we shall see. I know it's an old clique, but it is the reason they play the game. It could be close in the 4th but I see the Texans trying to shut down the run game and make Jake beat them with his arm. If that's the way it comes down, do you have the faith in your QB that he can get it done?

htownfan32
09-14-2013, 12:02 PM
I think Matt Schaub really really wants it this year. He looks miles better than last season, in terms of mobility, pocket presence, and just overall determination.

I predict DeAndre Hopkins will pick up 75 yards and a TD.

and not just because he's my flex starter :spin:

CloakNNNdagger
09-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Vegas isn't impressed with the Texans' competition this Sunday. They're giving 11 over the Tacks. We better look good.

thunderkyss
09-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Vegas isn't impressed with the Texans' competition this Sunday. They're giving 11 over the Tacks. We better look good.

Or what?

It's not like Vegas is going to be voting for the National Championship

CloakNNNdagger
09-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Or what?

It's not like Vegas is going to be voting for the National Championship

Or what? After watching the Tacks last week, they would be a sad opponent to lose to.

Thorn
09-14-2013, 04:08 PM
It's our home opener, Ninja is hungry, we'll win. It's the last game of the season when we travel to Tennessee that has me worried.

htownfan32
09-14-2013, 08:28 PM
It's our home opener, Ninja is hungry, we'll win. It's the last game of the season when we travel to Tennessee that has me worried.

Division away games are never (except with the Jags) a given. Agreed.

jaayteetx
09-14-2013, 08:36 PM
I predict an ass whooping of epic proportions, tacks go home with their possum tails between their legs.

htownfan32
09-14-2013, 08:47 PM
I just hope Foster gets back on track. I wanna see him play hungry.

Sevenfeet
09-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Indeed, we shall see. I know it's an old clique, but it is the reason they play the game. It could be close in the 4th but I see the Texans trying to shut down the run game and make Jake beat them with his arm. If that's the way it comes down, do you have the faith in your QB that he can get it done?

The defense has to keep us in the game early on to give the offense enough time too get a rhythm going. The offense getting a slow start has been a weakness of this team.

If I were you guys, I'd keep a lookout for a few players under the radar. While everybody talks about CJ, it was Jackie Battle, the 3rd string RB who scored the winning only TD last week. During that drive we passed once and ran 11 times. When the Steelers weren't trying to run down the 190 lb speed back, they were getting run over by the 240 lb bruiser. With Shoen Greene, the #2 back still nursing a tweaked knee from last week, look for more Battle on the field backing up CJ.

And on the wide receiver core, Damien Williams who has been very reliable of late is out with a tweaked hammy. That puts rookie receiver Justin Hunter into the mix, and everyone likes his talent and upside. All he lacks is experience.

Finally, Locker has been more accurate of late but it's still a big question mark. Since the running game was clearly working last week, we just went with that. I think this week Jake is going to have to move the chains himself more.

thunderkyss
09-15-2013, 06:01 PM
Bob's team 31, Bud's team 20

34-20 Texans.

:fans:

Texans by 10. Will there be a watch party?

All of you guys were close.... Tesuns the closest.... Dread, on a technicality.

Allstar
09-15-2013, 09:04 PM
Got to give it to the Tacks. Their D is for real.

thunderkyss
09-15-2013, 10:00 PM
Got to give it to the Tacks. Their D is for real.

I only see 2 sacks (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013091505/2013/REG2/titans@texans#menu=highlights&tab=analyze) credited to their defensive players. Looked like (& I'm sure Schaub felt more than that).

Allstar
09-15-2013, 10:12 PM
I only see 2 sacks (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013091505/2013/REG2/titans@texans#menu=highlights&tab=analyze) credited to their defensive players. Looked like (& I'm sure Schaub felt more than that).

Yep, I'm more worried about them than Indy going forward. Have a great D is paramount to succeed. Still not sold on Luck being a surefire elite QB either.

wpsharpshooter
09-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Well, I would be lying if I said I was not pissed off for losing. I figured TN would come in and get mopped but for them to hang in there it made the loss worse lol. I can move on though because our defense actually (at this point anyways) looks "ok". I just wish Locker was a better QB. Congrats on a good game guys. Til next time...

thunderkyss
09-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Well, I would be lying if I said I was not pissed off for losing. I figured TN would come in and get mopped but for them to hang in there it made the loss worse lol. I can move on though because our defense actually (at this point anyways) looks "ok". I just wish Locker was a better QB. Congrats on a good game guys. Til next time...

I'm not looking forward to seeing that defense @Tennessee, but if we can find a way to improve our pass protection, you're going to hate Bernard Pollard. Our TEs worked him all day long (rewatch the game if you get a chance)... Schaub just didn't have a chance to get the ball out.

wpsharpshooter
09-16-2013, 11:13 AM
I'm not looking forward to seeing that defense @Tennessee, but if we can find a way to improve our pass protection, you're going to hate Bernard Pollard. Our TEs worked him all day long (rewatch the game if you get a chance)... Schaub just didn't have a chance to get the ball out.

I have been following him all preseason. I like his attitude, I just wished his skills matched it. He isnt that good at coverage and his tackling leaves much to be desired. Im hoping to see a lot more George Wilson than Pollard. You guys definitely got the better Raven lol.