PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's 2013 Wk 1 Preview - Texans vs Chargers

EmDiggy
09-08-2013, 09:01 AM
Texans vs Chargers Video Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_dNNXtV2PA)

Good morning Texans fans! Good luck this week!

Em

SAMURAITEXAN
09-08-2013, 09:25 AM

Em

Thanks for video Em. Agree, I think we got this one. Hope, Hopkins do well in this game and establish himself as #2 guy and build his confidence for the rest of season. Expecting Tate to take some of load from Foster. I still have a concern on RT and OLB position.

EmDiggy
09-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Thanks for video Em. Agree, I think we got this one. Hope, Hopkins do well in this game and establish himself as #2 guy and build his confidence for the rest of season. Expecting Tate to take some of load from Foster. I still have a concern on RT and OLB position.

Thanks Samurai! Look for them to possibly use either the FB/HB/TE to help out if the RT is struggling

drs23
09-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Good presentation Diggy. Your graphics have come a long way!

EmDiggy
09-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Good presentation Diggy. Your graphics have come a long way!

Thanks Drs! It takes a little longer, but the finished product is well worth it!

thunderkyss
09-08-2013, 11:58 AM

Em

I like the white board.... but still think you're a little too generic. You know who the guys are, say their names every now & again.

The first defensive play you showed, I thought you explained well. Really shows the LBs responsibility in coverage, even though it's man on the outside, the LBs & the safeties have to help cover the field. CBs have no idea where the WR wants to go, they've got to try to make them go where the help is.

Overall though, good job.

beerlover
09-08-2013, 12:21 PM
excellent job diggy as always nice to see your return.

Quality of Texans draft severly hampered by OL line losses, who could be starting week one instead of being on IR (Brennen Williams, David Quessinberry. This will directly enable Charger D to control the hashes & shutdown Texan cutback running lanes, thus putting pressure on outside receivers Johnson & rookie Hopkins to produce.

On defense as you pointed out expect Chargers to isolate weakside LB hole with former Bronco Joe Mays who was cut loose. He must play smart & will need safety help over the top. Rivers could peck away underneath then strike down-field against either Kareem or Joseph who both looked beatable preseason.

Texans should control this matchup but fear it will be closer than it should be as Chargers come in fired up in home opener.

beerlover
09-10-2013, 01:13 AM

Quality of Texans draft severly hampered by OL line losses, who could be starting week one instead of being on IR (Brennen Williams, David Quessinberry. This will directly enable Charger D to control the hashes & shutdown Texan cutback running lanes, thus putting pressure on outside receivers Johnson & rookie Hopkins to produce.

On defense as you pointed out expect Chargers to isolate weakside LB hole with former Bronco Joe Mays who was cut loose. He must play smart & will need safety help over the top. Rivers could peck away underneath then strike down-field against either Kareem or Joseph who both looked beatable preseason.

Texans should control this matchup but fear it will be closer than it should be as Chargers come in fired up in home opener.

how good was this, really, spot on :wesmantexanfan:

hradhak
09-10-2013, 01:18 AM

that was about as accurate as it gets. Joseph really looked beatable. Kjax didn't show anything that made me nervous.

But man they were killing us with the dump to the RB...until Cushing read it and pick 6. That was by far the turning point on D for us.

thunderkyss
09-10-2013, 06:52 AM
But man they were killing us with the dump to the RB...until Cushing read it and pick 6. That was by far the turning point on D for us.

I thought Shilo's hit was the turning point. We already had one 3 & out, but after that hit I thought the Texans were saying, "All night.. we can do this all night long. You won't get another first down."

& Cushing's INT was like an exclamation point.

beerlover
09-10-2013, 09:20 AM
My primary concern going forward is can this OL improve? Both edges, including Duane Brown, were pushed, bull rushed, separation caused by speed & Schaub was dropped on a fairly consistent basis. Texans tried to run the ball but couldn't open cutback lanes & RB never made first defender miss. The pressure was absorbed by primary WR target Andre Johnson who was a stud & best player on this team last night. DeAndre did well but man he's got to learn how to find softer landings, seems like he hits ground with too much force & worry about his concussion liability nearly every hit down. Bullock looks like a keeper, the prettiest Texan FG in franchise history to win the game, just a thing of beauty.

LB play in coverage mismatches was also revealed. Cushing got his legs & INT with full extension taken angle under route but for most part in 1st half Rivers had his way here. Also very little pass pressure until 4th quarter. Is this an effort thing or play-calling issue? Without pressure Texans can easily be picked apart, weak side LB is the Achilles heel as predicted. Feel Texans need to use more 3 saftey sets, Swearinger, Keo, Pleasent someone who can pickup & stick to RB's & TE's. Liked hustle from Mitchell, Crick was good against the run, took Watt a while to get amped up but was huge in 4th quarter.

Texans need to play 4 quarters of football, not just 2. Same old story, but hey first game of season, it was like 1st half was still pre-season & 2nd half regular season. Anyway I'm sure we'll all take it :swatter: