PDA

View Full Version : Practice Squad moves, 2013

Playoffs
09-01-2013, 10:02 AM
PDS ‏@PatDStat
#Texans can start practice squad signings at 11 am today.

August 31: Cut down to 53 players (5 p.m.)
September 1: Teams can create practice squads (11 a.m.)
September 3: Teams can place players on IR "Designated for return" (3 p.m.)

Who are you hoping makes it to our practice squad?

MidtownMikey
09-01-2013, 10:15 AM
My guess for the 8 would be:

Andy Cruse
Jake Bryne
Dennis Johnson
Alex Kupper
Chris Jones
Cameron Collins
Mike Mohamed
Orhian Johnson

I could also see Nick Mondek instead of Kupper, but I expect they will carry a WR, TE, RB, and OL on the practice squad for sure. Not sure if they would really go two ILB, but both Collins and Mohamed have talent and would be worth developing for next season as replacements for Dobbins & Mays.

Chris Jones is the only one I see as a given, and I expect they would go with some DB, be it Johnson, Starling, or a CB cut from another team with eligibility.

Now I haven't checked if any gotten claimed off the waivers yet, so some may not even be available in my list...

CloakNNNdagger
09-01-2013, 10:16 AM
PDS ‏@PatDStat

Who are you hoping makes it to our practice squad?

Cruse.

Rey
09-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Cruse
Ja'gared
Starling
Chris jones
Collins
Bryne
Boren
Nwzachu(sp)

steelbtexan
09-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Cruse
Ja'gared
Starling
Chris jones
Collins
Bryne
Boren
Nwzachu(sp)

This would be my list. However I do believe that atleast 1 or 2 players will be added from other teams.

I really like Cruse more than Martin.

Thorn
09-01-2013, 10:29 AM
I would like Cruse and Dennis Johnson on the practice squad. Give DJ a year to either learn how to hold onto the ball or cut him for good. He does have talent, and if he could learn to hold onto the ball, he'd be a fine addition to the regular squad.

Jackie Chiles
09-01-2013, 10:31 AM
I'll take a stab at it, my picks;

DL Chris Jones
OL Nate Menkin
CB Elbert Mack
RB Dennis Johnson
LB Mike Mohamed
WR Andy Cruse

And two guys not currently on our radar. Also I can't say for certain all the guys I listed are eligible.

Corrosion
09-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Nate Menkin
Jake Byrne
Alex Kupper
Andy Cruse
Mike Mohamed
Cameron Collins

Leaves one spot to pick up a guy from another team or a RB not named DJ.

DX-TEX
09-01-2013, 12:08 PM
After noon now and only seen one PS move by any team, the Bills.

Playoffs
09-01-2013, 12:12 PM
PDS ‏@PatDStat
#Texans RT @JasonLaCanfora: The Browns have claimed Dennis Johnson on waivers

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
The #Texans wanted to put Chris Jones on the practice squad, but he didn't clear waivers. Claimed by Tampa Bay.

MistaRed
09-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Nvm

DX-TEX
PDS ‏@PatDStat 34s
Damn Chris Jones claimed too. Headed to Tampa Bay. As crossing to @taniaganguli #Texans

Expand

Damn.

The Pencil Neck
chris jones claimed off waivers by tampa bay

bastards!

Heath Shuler
PDS ‏@PatDStat 56s

Damn Chris Jones claimed too. Headed to Tampa Bay. As crossing to @taniaganguli #Texans

DX-TEX
09-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Hey at least teams want our castoffs now.

IDEXAN
09-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Good for Chris Jones. Hey, we were just too strong on the Dline to make room for him, so wish him luck with another opportunity.
So I dunno, does this mean that he's made TBs 53-man roster ?

DX-TEX
09-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Good for Chris Jones. Hey, we were just too strong on the Dline to make room for him, so wish him luck with another opportunity.

Yes. Claimed off waivers means has to be put on 53

steelbtexan
09-01-2013, 12:31 PM

He's on TB's 53

76Texan
09-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Hey at least teams want our castoffs now.

Good for the players; suck for us!

The Pencil Neck
09-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Every year, there's always "we can't waive this guy because he won't make it to our PS" and every year, we cut those people and they make it to our PS.

I really expected no problem in putting Chris Jones or Dennis Johnson on our PS.

:pissed:

Maybe, just maybe, we've reached a point where people really do want the guys who weren't quite good enough to make our team.

wow. That's cool and not cool all at the same time.

The Pencil Neck
09-01-2013, 12:35 PM
And in other news, the Jaggywires let Mike Kafka go.

When he was coming out, I really thought Kafka had some potential. Too bad we don't have space for him here.

IDEXAN
09-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Every year, there's always "we can't waive this guy because he won't make it to our PS" and every year, we cut those people and they make it to our PS.

I really expected no problem in putting Chris Jones or Dennis Johnson on our PS.

Maybe, just maybe, we've reached a point where people really do want the guys who weren't quite good enough to make our team.

No maybe about it.

Playoffs
09-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Tight end Jake Byrne, cut by Texans, signed to Chargers' practice squad, per league source

JCTexan
09-01-2013, 12:41 PM

The thing I take from this: Cierre Wood would have easily been claimed instead if they were both waived. Glad the Texans decided to keep Wood.

CloakNNNdagger
09-01-2013, 12:42 PM

He's on TB's 53

For 3 weeks (not necessarily active).......after that, he can be released or put on the practice squad. If he is released before that 3 week period, he still counts against the 53.

TexansSeminole
09-01-2013, 12:44 PM
The thing I take from this: Cierre Wood would have easily been claimed instead if they were both waived. Glad the Texans decided to keep Wood.

I think we would have been crazy not to keep Wood.

76Texan
09-01-2013, 12:45 PM

Troy Nolan and Shelley Smith were claimed off waiver last year.
But this is the first time, I think that an UDFA from the Texans is claimed. (DJ)

CloakNNNdagger
09-01-2013, 12:46 PM

I say, waive Case.........there's no doubt he'll come back to us for PS duty. After all, out of 32 teams, how stupid would any one of them be to claim him off of waivers............:kubepalm:

DX-TEX
09-01-2013, 12:46 PM

Oh c'mon!

IDEXAN
09-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Another former Texan, Jeff Maehl, has made the Eagles 53-man roster.
Granted the new HC there was Maehl's college coach, but still he was a very
early cut (by way of a trade), but more evidence of the Texans' strong roster.

The Pencil Neck
09-01-2013, 12:52 PM

I don't think that's quite right. At this point, I think you can sign someone who's been waived to your Practice Squad but someone can sign them off your Practice Squad to their 53.

I think.

The Pencil Neck
09-01-2013, 12:53 PM
I say, waive Case.........there's no doubt he'll come back to us for PS duty. After all, out of 32 teams, how stupid would any one of them be to claim him off of waivers............:kubepalm:

Case would be a Buffalo Bill so fast...

DX-TEX
09-01-2013, 12:54 PM
I don't think that's quite right. At this point, I think you can sign someone who's been waived to your Practice Squad but someone can sign them off your Practice Squad to their 53.

I think.

Thought it was clear waivers = can be put on PS

The Pencil Neck
09-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Thought it was clear waivers = can be put on PS

Maybe so.

But Byrne was signed to the Charger's PS. Had he already cleared waivers?

DX-TEX
09-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Maybe so.

My guess would be yes.

76Texan
09-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Maybe so.

Yes, must clear waiver before a team can sign the player to PS.

Playoffs
09-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 1m
Dolphins claimed FB Tyler Clutts off waivers from the Texans, source said.

Tight end Jake Byrne, cut by Texans, signed to Chargers' practice squad, per league source

PDS ‏@PatDStat

The #Texans wanted to put Chris Jones on the practice squad, but he didn't clear waivers. Claimed by Tampa Bay.

Thorn
09-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Damn. Everyone is picking up our leftovers. I guess Smithiak is a good cook. :)

Playoffs
09-01-2013, 01:15 PM

Yeah, if our GM sucked we wouldn't have these problems. :pissed:

PapaL
09-01-2013, 01:24 PM
This thread has turned into a giant circle jerk.

Playoffs
09-01-2013, 01:49 PM
PDS ‏@PatDStat
Practice Squad #Texans --> RT WR Uzoma Nwachukwu: Fortunate & Blessed to still be with this great organization.

CloakNNNdagger
09-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Case would be a Buffalo Bill so fast...

Tyler Wilson is being released by the Raiders (falling to 5th string), and I'd be surprised if he isn't pick up off waivers.

CloakNNNdagger
09-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Jonathan Grimes is out there again.

Rey
09-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Shouldn't have cut jones. I think he's going to be a good player.

steelbtexan
09-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Shouldn't have cut jones. I think he's going to be a good player.

Yep

Relentless

JCTexan
09-01-2013, 02:17 PM

He would be a better PS add than Dennis Johnson (imo).

Insideop
09-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Man, with Jones, DJ, Bryne and others picked up by other teams, do the Texans have anyone left to put on their PS besides Nwachukwu? I was really hoping Jones would make it through.

DX-TEX
09-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Man, with Jones, DJ, Bryne and others picked up by other teams, do the Texans have anyone left to put on their PS besides Nwachukwu? I was really hoping Jones would make it through.

Not like they have to just sign their own guys.

thunderkyss
09-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Maybe so.

I think he had to clear waivers. Then he's offered a contract, just like the other UDFAs. He can sign with anyone he wants. I wonder why he picked San Diego over us.

Surely we wanted him on our PS.

powda
09-01-2013, 03:22 PM
I wonder what the percentage of our scrubs being picked up is vs other teams (specifically good teams.) Could be used as an evaluation tool for our gm?

Sorry to see d Johnson go but it was the right move if it was him vs wood.

Corrosion
09-01-2013, 04:19 PM

There is little doubt about the job Smith & his scouting staff have done in the past few seasons.

Texans UDFA's who are currently on their roster:

Foster
Bouye
Jamison
Braman
Dobbins
Jean
Jefferson
Keenum
Pleasant
Tuggle
Weeks
Wood

That's 12 Undrafted players , several of which are expected to contribute significantly , one of which is a superstar.

If you factor in 5th round and lower picks , I believe they make up right at half the roster.

GuerillaBlack
09-01-2013, 04:54 PM

Because we're staaaaaaaaaaacked brah.

76Texan
09-01-2013, 05:01 PM
I think he had to clear waivers. Then he's offered a contract, just like the other UDFAs. He can sign with anyone he wants. I wonder why he picked San Diego over us.

Surely we wanted him on our PS.

Better chance to stick.
Gates could be out any time, and the other two TEs are both unproven.

powda
09-01-2013, 05:02 PM

Pardon me, can you pass the lube?

DX-TEX
09-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Joshua Reese ‏@JoshReeseRadio 1m
#Texans FB Zach Borne to join the PRACTICE SQUAD, undrafted free agent who played @OhioStAthletics last year, he impressed coaches in camp.
Retweeted by PDS

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
Six teams -- CLEV, HOU, GB, DAL, NO, BALT -- put in waiver claims for former 49ers RB MarQueis Gray, who was awarded to the Browns

Lot of teams going after gray

rustygallier
09-01-2013, 07:34 PM

I bet the Chargers defensive coach is already pumping Byrnes for our offensive playbook.

Mari-OWNED!
09-01-2013, 08:18 PM

Would love for the Texans to add him to the PS. He showed a lot of promise in this system last preseason. I feel like this team needs four RBs readily available considering the injury history of both Foster and Tate.

CloakNNNdagger
09-01-2013, 08:28 PM
I bet the Chargers defensive coach is already pumping Byrnes for our offensive playbook.

That's nothing compared to the Packers picking up ex-49ers QB Scott Tolzien who has been with the 49ers for the previous 2 years.......Oh, and BTW, the Packers play the 49ers Week 1.:roast:

CloakNNNdagger
09-01-2013, 08:46 PM
When I saw the headline "Ryan Griffin to the Saints," I almost..........

badboy
09-01-2013, 08:58 PM
I'd like to see Deji Karim on PS if he does not sign elsewhere despite his age. 15 for 75 a 5 yd avg ain't too shabby

htowntexans1985
09-01-2013, 09:00 PM
I would like to also jerk in this here circle!. Lol.

If smubiak could only get the potential out of their draft picks that other teams do when they pick them up.

Playoffs
09-01-2013, 09:05 PM
That's nothing compared to the Packers picking up ex-49ers QB Scott Tolzien who has been with the 49ers for the previous 2 years.......Oh, and BTW, the Packers play the 49ers Week 1.:roast:

I liked me some Scott Tolzien... would have liked to see what came from Gary grooming him.

Mari-OWNED!
09-01-2013, 10:09 PM
I'd like to see Deji Karim on PS if he does not sign elsewhere despite his age. 15 for 75 a 5 yd avg ain't too shabby

Deji Karim is not practice squad eligible.

badboy
09-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Deji Karim is not practice squad eligible.
Thanks!

Playoffs
09-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Section 1. Practice Squads:

(a) The League may elect in any League Year in accordance with this Article to establish Practice Squads not to exceed eight (8) players per Club. The League’s election in any one season shall not determine or affect its election in any subsequent season.
(b) The League may elect to allow some or all Clubs to add to their Practice Squads one additional player, who shall not count against the limit above, whose citizenship and principal place of residence are outside the United States and its Territories (“International Player”). The League’s election in any one season shall not determine or affect its election in any subsequent season. Such International Players shall be subject to the same terms and conditions of employment that apply to other Practice Squad players except that they (1) may not, during the term of their Practice Squad Contract, negotiate or sign an NFL Player Contract with any Club; and (2) may not practice with any Club following the last Conference Championship Game unless both Conference Champion-ship teams have such a player. In addition, notwithstanding the provisions of Section 4 below, such International Player shall be eligible to serve on a Practice Squad for three additional seasons after the completion of the player’s year(s) as an International Player. As set forth in Section 3 below, the weekly salary for such International Players shall not be included in the employing Club’s Team Salary and shall instead be deducted from the calculation of the Salary Cap in the same manner as any Player Benefit Cost.
(c) The Practice Squad Player Contract form attached hereto as Appendix J will be used for all Practice Squad player signings. This form cannot be amended without the approval of the Management Council and the NFLPA. Notwithstanding the fore-going, changes may be agreed to between a Club and a Practice Squad player consistent with the provisions of this Agreement.

Section 2. Signing With Other Clubs:

(a) Any player under contract to a Club as a Practice Squad player shall be completely free to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with any Club at any time during the League Year, to serve as a player on any Club’s Active or Inactive List, and any Club is completely free to negotiate and sign such a Player Contract with such player, without penalty or restriction, including, but not limited to, Draft Choice Compensation between Clubs or First Refusal Rights of any kind, or any signing period, except that such player shall not be permitted to sign a Player Contract with another Club to serve as a Practice Squad player while under contract as a Practice Squad player.
(b) Notwithstanding Subsection (a) above, a Practice Squad player may not sign an NFL Player Contract with his Club’s next opponent later than 4:00pm, New York time, on the sixth day preceding the game (except in bye weeks, when the prohibition commences on the tenth day preceding the game). When the current employer club has a bye the weekend before the game against the Club signing the Practice Squad player to an NFL Player Contract, such contract must be executed prior to 4:00pm, New York time, on the 10th day preceding the game.

Section 3. Salary: Minimum salary for a Practice Squad player shall be the following per week, including postseason weeks in which his Club is in the playoffs: 2013-$6,000, 2014-$6,300, 2015-$6,600, 2016-$6,900...

Section 4. Eligibility:

(a) The Practice Squad shall consist of the following players, provided that they have not served more than two previous seasons on a Practice Squad: (i) players who do not have an Accrued Season of NFL experience; and (ii) free agent players who were on the Active List for fewer than nine regular season games during their only Accrued Season(s). An otherwise eligible player may be a Practice Squad player for a third season only if the Club by which he is employed that season has at least 53 players on its Active/Inactive List during the entire period of his employment.
(b) A player shall be deemed to have served on a Practice Squad in a season if he has passed the club’s physical and been a member of the club’s Practice Squad for at least three regular season or postseason games during his first two Practice Squad seasons, and for at least one regular season or postseason game during his third Practice Squad season. (For purposes of this Section, a bye week counts as a game provided that the player is not terminated until after the regular season or postseason weekend in question.)

Section 5. Active List:

If a player on the Practice Squad of one club (Club A) signs an NFL Player Contract with another club (Club B), (1) the player shall receive three weeks salary of his NFL Player Contract at the 53-player Active/Inactive List minimum even if he is terminated by Club B prior to earning that amount, and (2) Club B is required to count the player on its 53-player Active/Inactive List for three games (a bye week counts as a game) even if he is terminated, traded, or assigned via waivers to another club or is signed as a free agent to another club’s 53-player roster or another club’s Practice Squad prior to that time. If the player is terminated from Club B’s 53-player roster and signed to Club B’s Practice Squad, he shall continue to count on the club’s 53-player Active/Inactive List but shall not count against the eight-player Practice Squad limit until the three-game requirement has been fulfilled. If a player is terminated prior to the completion of the three-game period and is signed to Club B’s Practice Squad or is signed or assigned to another Club’s 53-player roster or Practice Squad, any Salary (as that term is defined in Article 13, Section 4 that he receives from any NFL club applicable to the three-game period shall be an offset against the three weeks’ Salary that he is entitled to receive from Club B. If the promotion occurs with fewer than three games remaining in the Club’s regular season, the three game requirement for roster count shall not carry over into the next season.

Section 6. Contagious Disease Addendum:

(a) All Practice Squad players will execute an addendum to the Practice Player Contract relating to the Contagious Disease Policy (as set forth in Appendix J).
(b) If a player is elevated from Practice Squad to the 53-player Active/Inactive List for a game because a club was given roster exemptions due to confirmed or suspected cases of a contagious disease among its players, then the terms of the addendum in that Player’s Practice Player Contract will be in effect. A Practice Squad player who is elevated to the 53-player Active/Inactive List under these circumstances will not be required to sign an NFL Player Contract for that game.
(c) Any player who is elevated from the Practice Squad to the affected club’s 53-player Active/Inactive List for the game will be paid 1/17th of the Paragraph 5 minimum salary for Active/Inactive List players with the same number of credited seasons. Any games for which a player is elevated in this manner to the 53-player Active/Inactive List would count for purposes of earning a Credited Season for both minimum salary and pension credit and an Accrued Season for purposes of free agency, even though player is playing under the aforementioned addendum to his Practice Player Contract.
(d) At the conclusion of the club’s game, any player who was elevated from the Practice Squad to the affected club’s 53-player Active/Inactive List for the game will automatically revert to the club’s Practice Squad roster without going through waivers.
(e) In the event a Practice Squad player: (1) sustains a football-related injury (either in a practice prior to the game or in the game itself) after being elevated to the 53-player Active/Inactive List under the circumstances described in Subsection (b) above, and (2) is physically unable to practice or play for the Club due to the injury, then the player’s weekly compensation specified in Paragraph 4 of the Practice Squad Player Con-tract will be adjusted to 1/17th of the Paragraph 5 minimum salary for players not on a Club’s Active/Inactive List (i.e., the “down” amount) with the same number of Credited Seasons. Such a player shall receive this weekly “salary continuation” for so long as he remains physically unable to perform the services required of him because of such injury. Once the Practice Squad player is physically able to perform the services required of him by his Practice Squad Player Contract, then his salary will be adjusted to the amount set forth in Paragraph 4 (“Compensation”) of that contract for the period of time he re-mains on the club’s Practice Squad.
(f) If a Practice Squad player sustains a football-related injury during the game in which he was elevated (or during a practice after being elevated but prior to the game) and is subsequently placed on Reserve/Injured, then he will be paid (for so long as he remains physically unable to perform the services required of him because of such injury) the prorated portion of the Paragraph 5 minimum salary for players not on a Club’s Active/Inactive List (i.e., the “down” amount) with the same number of Credited Seasons. A Practice Squad player, who is placed on Reserve/Injured under these circumstances, must be signed by his Club to an NFL Player Contract at the time he is placed on that reserve list category.
(g) If a player receives salary under the circumstances set forth in Subsections (e) or (f) above, then those games shall count toward a Credited Season under the Bert Bell/Pete Rozelle NFL Player Retirement Plan.
(h) If a Club chooses to add the Practice Squad player to its 53-player Active/Inactive List following the game in which exemptions were granted and the player was elevated, then the Club must follow all of the established procedures for signing a Practice Squad player to an NFL Player Contract (including making room for that player on club’s 53-player Active/Inactive List).
(j) Use of these procedures by any Club in any week of the regular or post-season shall be in the sole discretion of the Club subject only to prior approval of the Commissioner and after a showing of confirmed or suspected contagious disease among its players. The NFLPA and its Medical Director shall be informed when such procedures are invoked.

Number19
09-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Maybe so.

But Byrne was signed to the Charger's PS. Had he already cleared waivers?If you notice , there is two distinct phrases for the dismissal of players. One, of course, is being placed on waivers. Byrne was "cut" from the team.

(edit) I think to a great extent the two phrases are used interchangeably. But is there a distinction?

infantrycak
09-01-2013, 11:10 PM
If you notice , there is two distinct phrases for the dismissal of players. One, of course, is being placed on waivers. Byrne was "cut" from the team.

(edit) I think to a great extent the two phrases are used interchangeably. But is there a distinction?

It is all being released. From HoustonTexans.com:

03/12/2013 Released WR Kevin Walter.

08/31/2013 The Houston Texans have released the following players: Keith Browner, Jake Byrne...

If they have four accrued seasons then they go straight to UFA status. If they do not, then they go through the waiver process.

TEXANRED
09-01-2013, 11:17 PM

I don't get all the fuss about Dennis Johnson. He sucked the first 3 preseason games and fumbled 4 times against scrubs in the 4th preseason game.

PapaL
09-01-2013, 11:55 PM
*Disregard PS rules covered already*

SAMURAITEXAN
09-02-2013, 12:31 AM
I don't see Practice Squad list here. Are the Texans sign only one so far?

76Texan
09-02-2013, 12:41 AM
I don't see Practice Squad list here. Are the Texans sign only one so far?

If the tweets are correct, we've got two so far:
Zac Boren and Nwakchuwu.
There are also a bunch of our guys who went unclaimed, so unless the Texans saw somebody else they like, some of them will likely be signed soon.

SAMURAITEXAN
09-02-2013, 02:11 AM
If the tweets are correct, we've got two so far:
Zac Boren and Nwakchuwu.
There are also a bunch of our guys who went unclaimed, so unless the Texans saw somebody else they like, some of them will likely be signed soon.

Thanks 76.

Practice Squad(No confirmation)
Zac Boren
Nwakchuwu

The Pencil Neck
09-02-2013, 02:42 AM
If you notice , there is two distinct phrases for the dismissal of players. One, of course, is being placed on waivers. Byrne was "cut" from the team.

Yes.

I didn't realize he'd been around so long that he no longer went through waivers. It's all about the experience of the players and how much time they've accrued. Byrne didn't go through waivers at all because of his experience in the league. So we just released him outright and he became a free agent.

That was my bad.

ChampionTexan
09-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Yes.

I didn't realize he'd been around so long that he no longer went through waivers. It's all about the experience of the players and how much time they've accrued. Byrne didn't go through waivers at all because of his experience in the league. So we just released him outright and he became a free agent.

That was my bad.

Byrne went through waivers. In this case at least, cut and waived are synonomous. Plus, by definition, if you've got enough experience to not have to go through waivers, you're not practice squad eligible.

ChampionTexan
09-02-2013, 08:33 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen - your 2013 Houston Texans practice squad (well, version 1.0 anyway).

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26 5m

Texans practice squad: Roc Carmichael, Andy Cruse, Ray Graham, Zach Boren, Keith Browner, Alex Kupper, EZ Nwachukwu, Mike Mohamed

cuppacoffee
09-02-2013, 08:40 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen - your 2013 Houston Texans practice squad (well, version 1.0 anyway).

Texans practice squad: Roc Carmichael, Andy Cruse, Ray Graham, Zach Boren, Keith Browner, Alex Kupper, EZ Nwachukwu, Mike Mohamed

Glad we were able to retain these guys.

:coffee:

Hervoyel
09-02-2013, 08:46 AM
I don't get all the fuss about Dennis Johnson. He sucked the first 3 preseason games and fumbled 4 times against scrubs in the 4th preseason game.

And that's really where I'm at too. Why the fascination with a fast guy who can't hang on to the ball or wait for an opening to shoot through?

I think the Texans made the correct choice. DJ was at best a project. Karim flashed but if we have an injury or two then he or someone just like him will be out there for the signing. Wood appears to potentially be more along the lines of Arian Foster. You hang on to that guy and see what develops.

Insideop
09-02-2013, 08:56 AM

I'm surprised Roc was PS eligible. He's been in the league 2 or 3 yrs I think, although I think he was on IR his 1st season. In either case, glad to see he's still with us. I still think he has the potential to be a good CB. Also, good to see Cruse and Mohamed on the list. I thought both did OK in preseason.

Playoffs
09-02-2013, 09:02 AM
It's a little bit sad Roc didn't draw any interest at his position with his experience. I guess everyone sees what we see.

Hervoyel
09-02-2013, 09:05 AM
I'm surprised Roc was PS eligible. He's been in the league 2 or 3 yrs I think, although I think he was on IR his 1st season. In either case, glad to see he's still with us. I still think he has the potential to be a good CB. Also, good to see Cruse and Mohamed on the list. I thought both did OK in preseason.

I'm almost ready to say that I'd have kept Cruse over Martin so yeah, I'm glad he made it to the PS too. I think that next year in camp if we get another disappearing act from Martin like we did last year then Cruse probably pushes him for a spot on the 53.

Rey
09-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Wow...roc on the practice squad.

Cool.

Hopefully he can get his on field issues worked out.

TejasTom
09-02-2013, 09:24 AM

According to ESPN Roc played in 6 games.

phantom17
09-02-2013, 09:44 AM

Excellent! I'm glad they retain Cruse, Graham, Boren, & Kupper!:swatter:

Playoffs
09-02-2013, 10:06 AM

Where the heck is Nate Menkin, dammit??? :pissed:

SAMURAITEXAN
09-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Where the heck is Nate Menkin, dammit??? :pissed:

Yeah, I was for sure Menkin makes roster or at least PS. Guess I was wrong. And, no Lemon.

Texn4life
09-02-2013, 10:12 AM
I honestly think they weren't showing much of Ray Graham for a reason. DJ probably would've been on the PS if he wasn't claimed, but Graham probably is a better back IMO:

Texn4life
09-02-2013, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I was for sure Menkin makes roster or at least PS. Guess I was wrong. And, no Lemon.

Lemon is on IR so he'll be with the team all year.

SAMURAITEXAN
09-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Lemon is on IR so he'll be with the team all yea.

My bad, you are right! Thanks. My old and crumbling memory. Time like this, makes me feel really old.

beerlover
09-02-2013, 10:30 AM
My bad, you are right! Thanks. My old and crumbling memory. Time like this, makes me feel really old.

so I can we just call you sometimer?

It's all good, ps not such a big deal for this team anymore, making sure 53 is right - everything! :kitten:

IDEXAN
09-02-2013, 10:30 AM
It's a little bit sad Roc didn't draw any interest at his position with his experience. I guess everyone sees what we see.
I had read in several places what a great TC Roc was having in daily practices & scrimmages, but it obviously didn't manifest itself in the preseason games.

Playoffs
09-02-2013, 10:47 AM

And just for insurance, Packers signed Seneca Wallace to back up Rodgers. Their plan is to sign every backup QB 49ers drop.

Playoffs
09-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Jawanza Starling to Giants' practice squad

SAMURAITEXAN
09-02-2013, 08:27 PM
so I can we just call you sometimer?

It's all good, ps not such a big deal for this team anymore, making sure 53 is right - everything! :kitten:

Sometimer! Ha ha, how appropriate. My mind used to input a lots of information. Nowadays, when I find something that I wanted to know, I will input those information for day or two and automatically delete from my memory except for something very important like my business, family matter ,love life or something very important Texans info. I guess my mind automatically prioritize inputs and deletes it when the information is not as high as other info.

You are right about 53 but good to know that we put our guys from camp made it to PS. Only surprise was Menkin and one disappointment is Chris Jones. I wished he clear from waver. Damn you TB.

Rey
09-02-2013, 08:31 PM

Man...I liked starling.

steelbtexan
09-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Man...I liked starling.

Reese is very good at his job.

Carr Bombed
09-02-2013, 09:32 PM

nvm

paycheck71
09-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Didn't they also claimed one of our RB's last year, too? Either Grimes or Ogbonnaya.

The Pencil Neck
09-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Didn't they also claimed one of our RB's last year, too? Either Grimes or Ogbonnaya.

Ogbonnaya. But it was 2 years ago. We cut him after a couple of games. Cleveland picked him up and he played for them the rest of 2011 and then all of 2012. He's even started a handful of games for them.

Grimes went to the Jets AND the Jaguars last year.

CloakNNNdagger
09-02-2013, 10:04 PM

The Jags and Jets got Grimes. The Browns got Ogbonnaya.

CloakNNNdagger
09-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Ogbonnaya. But it was 2 years ago. We cut him after a couple of games. Cleveland picked him up and he played for them the rest of 2011 and then all of 2012. He's even started a handful of games for them.

Grimes went to the Jets AND the Jaguars last year.

Beat me by a millisecond.:fostering:

Texn4life
09-02-2013, 11:53 PM
Does anyone have an idea of how much a UDFA like Lemon is paid while he's on IR? Would he get the full first year minimum or would he just get a portion of that?

infantrycak
09-02-2013, 11:58 PM
Does anyone have an idea of how much a UDFA like Lemon is paid while he's on IR? Would he get the full first year minimum or would he just get a portion of that?

He gets whatever was on his contract. Most likely that was the minimum.

Texn4life
09-03-2013, 12:22 AM
He gets whatever was on his contract. Most likely that was the minimum.

Gotcha, I guess I'm thinking about where a player is waived injured.

infantrycak
09-03-2013, 12:56 AM
Gotcha, I guess I'm thinking about where a player is waived injured.

If they are waived injured and make it thru waivers they go on IR. Sometimes they will reach an injury settlement if they think they can sign on somewhere else. It"s a gamble for the player.

htowntexans1985
09-03-2013, 06:01 PM
PDS @ PatDStat

According to @RavensInsider the #Texans
have brought back offensive tackle Nate
Menkin to the practice squad.

76Texan
09-03-2013, 06:04 PM
PDS @ PatDStat

According to @RavensInsider the #Texans
have brought back offensive tackle Nate
Menkin to the practice squad.

So who's going to get cut?
They already have eight on the PS.

SAMURAITEXAN
09-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Ah ha, we got Menkin.

htowntexans1985
09-03-2013, 06:11 PM
To be determined:

With the Texans bringing back Menkin to the practice
squad, the team will have to make a move to
release one of the practice squad.

CloakNNNdagger
09-03-2013, 06:18 PM
To be determined:

Isn't that bassakwards??

Probably was done and not reported prior to Menkin coming back

Playoffs
09-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Nate Menkin to the practice squad.

Good, sheesh.

htowntexans1985
09-03-2013, 06:57 PM
I'd hate to be one of the 8 that was already designated part of the practice squad. Cut twice in one week!

thunderkyss
09-03-2013, 07:26 PM
To be determined:

Maybe they're waiting for Wade Smith to get healthy so they can cut him, then move Menkin to the 53 behind Q

SAMURAITEXAN
09-03-2013, 07:48 PM
I'd hate to be one of the 8 that was already designated part of the practice squad. Cut twice in one week!

Agree. But, that is the way life of PS goes. You maybe called up by your team or taken by other team or replaced by other player. The competition to keep highest quality PS is must.

ChampionTexan
09-04-2013, 12:57 AM
Maybe they're waiting for Wade Smith to get healthy so they can cut him, then move Menkin to the 53 behind Q

If that's the case, the better hurry, because after Monday night, his contract becomes guaranteed for the entire season, and counts in full against the salary cap - even if he is cut.

Playoffs
09-04-2013, 03:47 PM

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans
The Texans released LB Mike Mohamed from the practice squad & signed OL Nate Menkin to practice squad.

Insideop
09-04-2013, 04:42 PM
The Texans released LB Mike Mohamed from the practice squad & signed OL Nate Menkin to practice squad.

With Q's broken foot and move to IR it makes sense to put Menkin on the PS. Just not sure why they cut the only LBer (Mohamed) they had on the list while they still have 2 WR's (Cruse and Nwachukwu) on there. :thinking:

Rey
09-04-2013, 04:45 PM

With Q's broken foot and move to IR it makes sense to put Menkin on the PS. Just not sure why they cut the only LBer (Mohamed) they had on the list while they still have 2 WR's (Cruse and Nwachukwu) on there. :thinking:

Because they like them more?

Or maybe they are more versatile and can play different roles in practice

thunderkyss
09-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Whoa... totally missed Q breaking his foot.

Mari-OWNED!
09-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Per Rotoworld (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8697/dennis-johnson):

Browns waived RB Dennis Johnson.

Johnson was picked up off waivers from the Texans last weekend. The Browns are rolling with Chris Ogbonnaya and Bobby Rainey as Trent Richardson's backups. Johnson may be ticketed for a team's practice squad shortly.

Source: Nate Ulrich on Twitter (https://twitter.com/NateUlrichABJ/status/376382419206565888)
Would love it if the Texans could now successfully stash Dennis Johnson on the Practice Squad.

Carr Bombed
09-07-2013, 01:21 PM
I wasn't impressed at all with Dennis Johnson.. scat backs who lack vision and instincts are a dime a dozen, especially those who can't hold on to the ball.

I like Ray Graham a LOT better and feel we limited his carries in the preseason just so we could stash him on our PS

Playoffs
09-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Per Rotoworld (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8697/dennis-johnson):

Would love it if the Texans could now successfully stash Dennis Johnson on the Practice Squad.

Nice spot. Hope he clears.

thunderkyss
09-07-2013, 01:38 PM
I wasn't impressed at all with Dennis Johnson.. scat backs who lack vision and instincts are a dime a dozen, especially those who can't hold on to the ball.

I don't really know what to think about Dennis Johnson. He didn't look good against Minnesota's first/second team, but I don't think anyone did.... Same thing with Miami. I don't know how much of that was DJ or the OL.

He didn't look bad against N.O. where it looked like the first team OL got much better. He looked good vs Dallas' scrubs. He looks like a scat back, but I thought he played more like a 3 down back.

I'd be interested in seeing him again next year.

Playoffs
09-07-2013, 01:41 PM
There's something about players being dropped this week to avoid paying contract in full then resigning next week. Not up on all the specifics.

DX-TEX
09-07-2013, 01:41 PM
There's something about players being dropped this week to avoid paying contract in full then resigning next week. Not up on all the specifics.

More for vested veterans though not rookies.

Carr Bombed
09-07-2013, 03:24 PM
I don't really know what to think about Dennis Johnson. He didn't look good against Minnesota's first/second team, but I don't think anyone did.... Same thing with Miami. I don't know how much of that was DJ or the OL.

He didn't look bad against N.O. where it looked like the first team OL got much better. He looked good vs Dallas' scrubs. He looks like a scat back, but I thought he played more like a 3 down back.

I'd be interested in seeing him again next year.

I'll say the same thing about Dennis Johnson that I said about Justin Forsett when he played here. There are UDFAs that come out every year who are better. Dennis Johnson had one (possibly two) on his own team that came out the same year he did.

With Foster, Tate, Wood (who I think might be one of those rare UDFA RB finds).. and Graham on the practice squad, I doubt our coaches will take another look at him, unless we start taking on injuries at the position. Next year in camp we'll have another couple of other long shot rookie backs who people will be high on.. it happens every single year.

Rey
09-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Let Dennis Johnson be. I don't want him taking any spot from a better player.

Corrosion
09-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Let Dennis Johnson be. I don't want him taking any spot from a better player who will hold onto the rock.

FIFY :kitten:

thunderkyss
09-07-2013, 06:51 PM
With Foster, Tate, Wood (who I think might be one of those rare UDFA RB finds).. and Graham on the practice squad, I doubt our coaches will take another look at him, unless we start taking on injuries at the position. Next year in camp we'll have another couple of other long shot rookie backs who people will be high on.. it happens every single year.

Agreed. Forgot Graham was on the practice squad already.

Thorn
09-07-2013, 06:55 PM
I don't think we'll see Dennis Johnson back here again. Kubiak just abhors players who can't hang onto the ball. Remember when he benched Foster for a half during the regular season because of that?

badboy
09-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Why would we store a play from a deep position rather than one from a weaker position?

DX-TEX
09-10-2013, 08:35 PM
PDS ‏@PatDStat 48m
#Texans drafted rookie Chris Jones has been released by the Bucs.

Scooter
09-10-2013, 08:39 PM
i would most certainly try to get him back on the PS.

SAMURAITEXAN
09-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Chris Jones! Hope, we get him on our PS.

Rey
09-10-2013, 08:50 PM

That is the guy id be trying to get. Come on home!

drs23
09-11-2013, 11:04 AM
That is the guy id be trying to get. Come on home!

Likewise. He was starting to catch on late in PS. As stated then he just needs to bulk up a bit and gain experience. It's certainly a move I'd like to see the Texans make.

Who'd get the boot?

Playoffs
09-11-2013, 06:02 PM
The #Texans can't claim Chris Jones off waivers for 2 years unless he spends 4 weeks on another team's roster.

Former #Texans draft pick Chris Jones was awarded to the Patriots after Bucs cut him. Texans tried to claim him, but couldn't.

76Texan
09-11-2013, 06:12 PM
What kind of a weird rule is that?

Playoffs
09-11-2013, 06:28 PM
What kind of a weird rule is that?

That's the man trying to keep a brother down.

Insideop
09-11-2013, 06:28 PM
The #Texans can't claim Chris Jones off waivers for 2 years unless he spends 4 weeks on another team's roster.

Former #Texans draft pick Chris Jones was awarded to the Patriots after Bucs cut him. Texans tried to claim him, but couldn't.

That is a strange rule. Is that 4 weeks on 1 team or can the 4 weeks be spread out over 2 or more teams? He was with the Buc's for about a week. Does the clock (4 weeks) start over again now that he's with NE? And, by roster, does that include a teams PS or is it just the 53 man roster?

drs23
09-11-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:

Well now, that just flat sucks. Never heard of that rule before. That's what we call in the bidness, a pisser! :foottap:

beerlover
09-12-2013, 01:22 AM
Not sure why Texans drafted a guy then cut him? He flashed upside, good work ethic, clean now he is a Patriot :pirate:

Just out of spite I would claim Josh Kline off waivers pretty sure he is better than whoever it is that is backing up Newton cause that's not saying much:devilpig:

Wolf6151
09-12-2013, 02:58 AM
That's the man trying to keep a brother down.

Wow, I'd be rich if I had a nickle for every time I've heard that. It is a messed up rule though.

thunderkyss
09-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Not sure why Texans drafted a guy then cut him? He flashed upside, good work ethic, clean now he is a Patriot :pirate:

Just out of spite I would claim Josh Kline off waivers pretty sure he is better than whoever it is that is backing up Newton cause that's not saying much:devilpig:

We wouldn't have cut him if Travardo & Montgomery weren't outplayed by Jefferson & Tuggle. They still liked TWill & Sonic more than they liked Chris Jones.

I'd have cut Travardo. He had a better shot at getting to the PS than Jones did.

House of Pain
09-12-2013, 09:23 AM
We wouldn't have cut him if Travardo & Montgomery weren't outplayed by Jefferson & Tuggle. They still liked TWill & Sonic more than they liked Chris Jones.

I'd have cut Travardo. He had a better shot at getting to the PS than Jones did.

That may have been true; however, that would have required the Texans to essentially say "We whiffed on that pick." which doesn't really happen around here...

thunderkyss
09-12-2013, 11:43 AM
That may have been true; however, that would have required the Texans to essentially say "We whiffed on that pick." which doesn't really happen around here...

Jones (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Jones_(defensive_tackle))was selected by the Houston Texans in the sixth round (198th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft.[4]

Ok... (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-team/dt-by-team-input:hou)

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Ok... (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/thracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-team/dt-by-team-input:hou)

I believe that HOP was pointing that out as concerns a higher draft pick. You expect a fourth rounder not to be "whiffed on," while you would hope that a sixth rounder would not be "whiffed on" (but not be shocked if outcome is otherwise).

House of Pain
09-12-2013, 05:54 PM
I believe that HOP was pointing that out as concerns a higher draft pick. You expect a fourth rounder not to be "whiffed on," while you would hope that a sixth rounder would not be "whiffed on" (but not be shocked if outcome is otherwise).

Yes, the Dr. is correct. My bad TK, I really didn't elaborate on that. Thank you all for dealing with my scatterbrain.

Corrosion
09-12-2013, 06:59 PM

How many 6th rounders actually make final rosters to begin with ?!

The fact that Tuggle & Jefferson both made the final roster while Trevardo & Brendan Williams are on IR ... don't back up your statement very much..

House of Pain
09-13-2013, 08:16 AM

The fact that Tuggle & Jefferson both made the final roster while Trevardo & Brendan Williams are on IR ... don't back up your statement very much..

Not really. You are talking about making final rosters, I'm talking about staying with the team. I don't really get the feeling that Texans management would say that anyone they had to IR was a 'whiff' pick.

Rey
09-13-2013, 08:28 AM

He's talking about cutting trevardo. Your initial question actually backs up his statement.

I'm not sure where the dispute is.

Rey
09-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Not really. You are talking about making final rosters, I'm talking about staying with the team. I don't really get the feeling that Texans management would say that anyone they had to IR was a 'whiff' pick.

No they wouldn't. They'd say we really like him, but he got injured lol.

SAMURAITEXAN
09-13-2013, 08:40 AM
One of those infamous mysterious injury would been the way to go if FO really did not wanted to risk of losing Chris Jones. They gambled by cutting Jones and the rest is history. I really liked him. Perhaps, Pats may cut him later on and Texans may have a chance to reclaim him.

beerlover
09-13-2013, 09:09 AM

I'll have to defend Chris Jones because I'm the only one on this board who actually had Texans drafting him late in my last mock draft because he brings value to a position that one, is hard to hit on, two, has motor & work ethic Texans prize, three, Texans lack depth @ nose. Yes he is a bit undersized @ 302 but then so was Earl when they drafted him too in the 3rd rd (by the way I'm the only one who mocked him to Texans (5th) as well).

No way I would have kept Tuggle over Jones. The young developmental players @ LB including on IR, could either turn out to be really good or continuation of missing link on this defense. Mercilus is key. Brooks could kick inside? there are options besides cutting off interior DL, games are won & lost in the trenches. Chris has one unique ability for his size, that is quickness of the snap, high motor & can fill two positions including coveted 5 tech in a 3-4.

Rey
09-13-2013, 09:18 AM
I wouldn't have cut him either. Not sure who I would've cut instead, but jones would've made this team.

I wouldn't have cut grimes last year either. Aside from him being a competent RB, he was very good on special teams especially kick-off.

badboy
09-13-2013, 09:27 AM
I'll have to defend Chris Jones because I'm the only one on this board who actually had Texans drafting him late in my last mock draft because he brings value to a position that one, is hard to hit on, two, has motor & work ethic Texans prize, three, Texans lack depth @ nose. Yes he is a bit undersized @ 302 but then so was Earl when they drafted him too in the 3rd rd (by the way I'm the only one who mocked him to Texans (5th) as well).

No way I would have kept Tuggle over Jones. The young developmental players @ LB including on IR, could either turn out to be really good or continuation of missing link on this defense. Mercilus is key. Brooks could kick inside? there are options besides cutting off interior DL, games are won & lost in the trenches. Chris has one unique ability for his size, that is quickness of the snap, high motor & can fill two positions including coveted 5 tech in a 3-4.Agree with every word. I thought Jones would be gone before we picked in 5th and did a little Michael Jackson dance when we picked him. He is strong and has great motor.

The Pencil Neck
09-13-2013, 11:46 AM
So... our FO doesn't give up on someone who doesn't immediately come in and become a starter? I've got no problem with that. Most 4th rounders don't start immediately.

I mean, even 1st rounders sometimes need a year or two to develop. So calling a 3rd or 4th rounder a "whiff" just because he didn't immediately set the world on fire is a knee-jerk reaction to me.

I mean, how did Kareem Jackson work out? Should they have cut ties with him after that horrific first season? Should they have cut him before the season started? Or should they have given him a chance to develop?

Stashing Trevardo, Brennan, Quessenberry, and Bonner is a good move. These guys could all come back next year and be serious contributors. I wish we could have injured Chris Jones, too. Maybe a nasty hangnail or something.

CloakNNNdagger
09-13-2013, 12:42 PM
So... our FO doesn't give up on someone who doesn't immediately come in and become a starter? I've got no problem with that. Most 4th rounders don't start immediately.

I mean, even 1st rounders sometimes need a year or two to develop. So calling a 3rd or 4th rounder a "whiff" just because he didn't immediately set the world on fire is a knee-jerk reaction to me.

I mean, how did Kareem Jackson work out? Should they have cut ties with him after that horrific first season? Should they have cut him before the season started? Or should they have given him a chance to develop?

Stashing Trevardo, Brennan, Quessenberry, and Bonner is a good move. These guys could all come back next year and be serious contributors. I wish we could have injured Chris Jones, too. Maybe a nasty hangnail or something.

It's sort of interesting to note that out of nine 2013 draft picks, four have been IR'd and one has been released...........

Montgomery may be following suit.........but late as he's been with everything else.

hradhak
09-13-2013, 02:42 PM
I know everyone stashes players on IR, but is there some sorta penalty if they are not really injured? Can they actually practice with the team when they have recovered?

CloakNNNdagger
09-13-2013, 03:15 PM
I know everyone stashes players on IR, but is there some sorta penalty if they are not really injured? Can they actually practice with the team when they have recovered?

There's no penalty, and no, they cannot practice with the team after they have recovered.

IDEXAN
09-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Agree with every word. I thought Jones would be gone before we picked in 5th and did a little Michael Jackson dance when we picked him. He is strong and has great motor.
But you have to also factor in the strength/depth at our DLine & LB position groups, and since we were in better shape in the DLine than @ LB it made for a higher need @ LB.

EVOLVIST
09-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Stashing Trevardo, Brennan, Quessenberry, and Bonner is a good move. These guys could all come back next year and be serious contributors.

Yeah, but all those guys were actually hurt. Stashing Lemon was a good move, only now I wish we could bring him up instead of play Jean.

The Pencil Neck
09-13-2013, 11:18 PM
Yeah, but all those guys were actually hurt. Stashing Lemon was a good move, only now I wish we could bring him up instead of play Jean.

Amazing how they all got hurt. Especially Trevardo and Quessenberry right at the end of camp.

Frankly, I expected Montgomery to get hurt before Trevardo.

Playoffs
09-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Hmmm.... :hmmm:

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Texans sign TE Nathan Overbay to practice squad and release FB Zach Boren from the practice squad.

Height: 6-5
Weight: 270
Born: 1/4/1987 Lakewood , WA
College: Eastern Washington

PDS ‏@PatDStat
Nathan Overbay was with the #Texans during rookie mini camp. Brought in the last day of that mini camp. #Texans

New practice sqaud tight end Nathan Overbay is nephew to MLB player Lyle Overbay. #Texans

CloakNNNdagger
09-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Hmmm.... :hmmm:

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26

Height: 6-5
Weight: 270
Born: 1/4/1987 Lakewood , WA
College: Eastern Washington

PDS ‏@PatDStat

Sort of a head scratcher. He's a pass-catching tight end who is far from intimidating as a blocker.........and is slow as molasses off the line......same as in college. You won't get much YAC. He was off and on the Lions PS last year and sustained a significant ankle injury during a mid August preseason game. On 08/21/12, cleared waivers Tuesday and was placed on reserve/injured reserve. On 08/26/12, he was waived from reserve/injured with an injury settlement by the Lions. He was then picked up again by the Lions in 2013 and was again waived on 06/04/13. Finally, Pittsburgh tried their hand with him and on 08/31/13 was released.

Much rather Kickalicious........if for no other reason, insurance for awhile.

ObsiWan
09-17-2013, 05:55 PM
What I'm wondering is why we need a fourth TE??

What is it they aren't telling us??
:hmmm:

DX-TEX
09-18-2013, 08:24 AM
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 39m
Former Texans practice squad defensive back Roc Carmichael is joining the Eagles' active roster today, according to a league source

What is the Eagles fascination with Texans players? And how does this Revnes Insider guy always seem to get the scoop on the Texans?

thunderkyss
09-18-2013, 09:14 AM
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 39m
Former Texans practice squad defensive back Roc Carmichael is joining the Eagles' active roster today, according to a league source

OMG.... didn't see that coming. Good luck to the young'n.

Demeco, Barwin, Casey, Carmichael... I like it.

Playoffs
09-18-2013, 10:43 AM
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Texans brought back ILB Mike Mohamad to practice squad to replace CB Roc Carmichael, who was signed by Eagles.

And how does this Revnes Insider guy always seem to get the scoop on the Texans?Wilson has a league feed and posts everything that pops up.

badboy
09-18-2013, 10:59 AM
But you have to also factor in the strength/depth at our DLine & LB position groups, and since we were in better shape in the DLine than @ LB it made for a higher need @ LB.ah but at draft we did not know NT would be better with Mitchell and McClain. I think we have improved dline but not sure about LBs.