PDA

View Full Version : Natl' writer predicts 8-8 for Texans, blown out of division race

76Texan
08-29-2013, 02:30 PM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/08/national-writer-predicts-texans-will-finish-8-8-get-blown-out-in-division-race/

Fans disagree.
85% vote so far for the Texans to win it.

Also, for the question of which QB will take his team to the SB first, Schaub or Romo, Schaub got a landslide 80% vote.

Rey
08-29-2013, 02:37 PM
I could see 8-8 or 9-7. I think 9-7 is probably more reasonable. If we win 10 games that will be a huge win IMO.

badboy
08-29-2013, 02:40 PM
I could see 8-8 or 9-7. I think 9-7 is probably more reasonable. If we win 10 games that will be a huge win IMO.So this roster is worst than 2012 or schedule or exactly what gets you to those numbers?

StarStruck
08-29-2013, 02:40 PM
I could see 8-8 or 9-7. I think 9-7 is probably more reasonable. If we win 10 games that will be a huge win IMO.

Really! Why?

Dread-Head
08-29-2013, 02:45 PM
F Him.

Blake
08-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Really! Why?

Good question. This team is too talented and has too much experience to go 8-8 or 9-7 without serious health problems.

TheIronDuke
08-29-2013, 02:55 PM

Hate to say it but I agree. I hope I'm wrong though.

Rey
08-29-2013, 03:01 PM
So this roster is worst than 2012 or schedule or exactly what gets you to those numbers?

It's just my opinion.

Doesn't mean I don't think we can't win a superbowl...But I think this years schedule is going to be much harder than last year's and I don't think we've significantly upgraded to counteract that.

But again, winning a bunch of games in the regular season doesn't mean anything to me really. Win enough to get in, and then have your team making plays at the right times.

Double Barrel
08-29-2013, 03:03 PM
I would be surprised if the Texans fell to 8-8.

I expect 10-6 or better, provided the starting roster stays healthy.

eriadoc
08-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Really! Why?

I don't agree with 8-8, but I'll take a stab at it.

No LBers. The best LB this preseason was probably Brooks Reed. Cushing is going to have some problems getting back to form, and that injury does take time to come back from. Remember Ryans didn't start to play like himself until late in the season. Willie Jefferson is a nice rookie, but he's still a rookie, and raw at that.

OL - I think the OL is going to be as bad as it was last season. That doesn't necessarily equate to more losses right off, but it does make it harder for them to be effective on offense, especially in the red zone. Ben Jones is not good and Newton is somewhere between bad and awful at pass pro. Brooks at RG might be a beast in the run game, but he's going to have some problems in pass pro as well.

Schedule - I think this year's schedule is tougher. '49ers, Seahawks, Pats, Ravens, and Broncos are all among the top 3 or 4 teams in their conference. The Colts are never an easy game, and Luck will be that much more seasoned when he faces them.

Schaub - sorry, I know some will disagree with me, but the guy is an issue. He's been off target thus far in the preseason, and last year's late season slide has done nothing to bolster my confidence in him. After 2011, everyone said the Texans were one Matt Schaub away from winning the Super Bowl. Well, the 2012 Texans got their Matt Schaub and there wasn't much difference in the end. He'll put up his usual stats, and they'll be just as useless as they've always been. Moving the ball between the 20s and settling for FGs seems to be what Schaub (and Kubiak) excels at. If Foster can regain his 2011 form, then some of those FGs become TDs, and that will matter. But because of the aforementioned OL, I don't see that happening, and then it falls to Schaub.

Safety - Manning is solid. After that, you have a 35 year old safety with a blown out hip that couldn't tackle last year, a rookie that hasn't proven to be ready for prime time just yet, and a special teams try hard guy that just can't quite cut it at the position. Oh, and a second round bust at CB being moved to safety to see if he can be salvaged. And Eddie Pleasant.

All that said, I reiterate that I don't buy 8-8. I could see 9-7 if a key injury or two happened (*knock wood*), but 10-6 seems more likely to me, and that should be good enough to win the division. 11 or 12 wins is feasible if the aforementioned concerned prove to be unfounded.

TheIronDuke
08-29-2013, 03:20 PM

No LBers. The best LB this preseason was probably Brooks Reed. Cushing is going to have some problems getting back to form, and that injury does take time to come back from. Remember Ryans didn't start to play like himself until late in the season. Willie Jefferson is a nice rookie, but he's still a rookie, and raw at that.

OL - I think the OL is going to be as bad as it was last season. That doesn't necessarily equate to more losses right off, but it does make it harder for them to be effective on offense, especially in the red zone. Ben Jones is not good and Newton is somewhere between bad and awful at pass pro. Brooks at RG might be a beast in the run game, but he's going to have some problems in pass pro as well.

Schedule - I think this year's schedule is tougher. '49ers, Seahawks, Pats, Ravens, and Broncos are all among the top 3 or 4 teams in their conference. The Colts are never an easy game, and Luck will be that much more seasoned when he faces them.

Schaub - sorry, I know some will disagree with me, but the guy is an issue. He's been off target thus far in the preseason, and last year's late season slide has done nothing to bolster my confidence in him. After 2011, everyone said the Texans were one Matt Schaub away from winning the Super Bowl. Well, the 2012 Texans got their Matt Schaub and there wasn't much difference in the end. He'll put up his usual stats, and they'll be just as useless as they've always been. Moving the ball between the 20s and settling for FGs seems to be what Schaub (and Kubiak) excels at. If Foster can regain his 2011 form, then some of those FGs become TDs, and that will matter. But because of the aforementioned OL, I don't see that happening, and then it falls to Schaub.

Safety - Manning is solid. After that, you have a 35 year old safety with a blown out hip that couldn't tackle last year, a rookie that hasn't proven to be ready for prime time just yet, and a special teams try hard guy that just can't quite cut it at the position. Oh, and a second round bust at CB being moved to safety to see if he can be salvaged. And Eddie Pleasant.

All that said, I reiterate that I don't buy 8-8. I could see 9-7 if a key injury or two happened (*knock wood*), but 10-6 seems more likely to me, and that should be good enough to win the division. 11 or 12 wins is feasible if the aforementioned concerned prove to be unfounded.

Damn, nailed pretty much every concern I have and why I think we'll go 8-8 except for a couple. First is Kubes is not going to be able to adapt and beat elite teams and we have too many of them on our schedule. The other is our special teams continues to look awful and Kubes and company of course never addressed it besides adding a freaking ST Assistant so we'll be getting sucky ass special teams again thanks to Kubes and his idiotic blind loyalties.

76Texan
08-29-2013, 03:21 PM
The Pats still have a lot of problems on Defense and Brady had lost a few weapons (Welker, Hernandez, and Woodhead).

With Von Miller suspended for the first six games (who knows what shape he's going to be in upon his return), the recent injury to Bailey and Wolfe, it's easy to see that the Broncos could lose a couple of games right off the bat against the Ravens and the Giants. One of two other teams might just pull out a win against a Miller-less defense that has basically little to no pass pressure anywhere else now that Dummervil is gone.
Upon his return, Miller will be in Indianapolis.
Then they will face RGIII at home before a meeting with Rivers in SD.
The Broncos are likely to have a 7-4 or 6-5 record during that period with two games on the road against the Pats and the Texans to follow.

Rey
08-29-2013, 03:24 PM
The Pats still have a lot of problems on Defense and Brady had lost a few weapons (Welker, Hernandez, and Woodhead).

With Von Miller suspended for the first six games (who knows what shape he's going to be in upon his return), the recent injury to Bailey and Wolfe, it's easy to see that the Broncos could lose a couple of games right off the bat against the Ravens and the Giants. One of two other teams might just pull out a win against a Miller-less defense that has basically little to no pass pressure anywhere else now that Dummervil is gone.
Upon his return, Miller will be in Indianapolis.
Then they will face RGIII at home before a meeting with Rivers in SD.
The Broncos are likely to have a 7-4 or 6-5 record during that period with two games on the road against the Pats and the Texans to follow.

What does any of that have to do with the Texans record?

76Texan
08-29-2013, 03:26 PM
What does any of that have to do with the Texans record?

The chance of the Texans against those teams are better than last year, especially with the return of Cushing.

dream_team
08-29-2013, 03:26 PM
I can kind of understand you guys saying we didn't improve as a team from last season (but I actually disagree). Tell me what elite team in the AFC has improved from last season? Broncos, Patriots, Ravens have all lost players and have big questions marks up & down their rosters as well.

The only playoff team that has improved their roster are probably the Colts, but I still think think they're a year or two away from contending.

Rey
08-29-2013, 03:30 PM
I can kind of understand you guys saying we didn't improve as a team from last season (but I actually disagree). Tell me what elite team in the AFC has improved from last season? Broncos, Patriots, Ravens have all lost players and have big questions marks up & down their rosters as well.

The only playoff team that has improved their roster are probably the Colts, but I still think think they're a year or two away from contending.

I don't think those teams needed to improve. I don't recall those teams getting blown out by the same team twice with one blow out coming in the play-offs. That's pretty bad....I don't understand how one team is on such a higher level than you that they blow you out twice within the span of a few weeks. That's pretty damn bad thinking about it.

I think we did improve, but I think the core problems on this team still exist until proven otherwise.

2012Champs
08-29-2013, 03:37 PM
After that, you have a 35 year old safety with a blown out hip that couldn't tackle last year

Is this Reed you are pointing out? With 49 tackles 4 ints last year? on his tackles thats 3-4 above his career avg

Honoring Earl 34
08-29-2013, 03:38 PM
If the Texans go 8-8 with the best defensive player on the planet , the pink slips should be fast and furious .

Having said that , JJ doesn't make as much difference as Andrew Luck and that concerns me . Schaubs no where near Brady or Manning and that's who the Texans are competeing with

HouTx11
08-29-2013, 03:54 PM
I'm not a big fan of the schedule.

I'll say one more thing: if the Texans win only 1 of their last 4 games like they have the last couple of seasons they will NOT make the playoffs this time. This year they must finish with some wins.

Big Valley
08-29-2013, 03:58 PM
You look around the AFC and you'll find glaring problems with all the teams.

10-6.

Mr teX
08-29-2013, 04:09 PM
So this roster is worst than 2012 or schedule or exactly what gets you to those numbers?

Its the schedule...has to be. We've got Seattle & SF, Denver, Baltimore & NE on deck this year. then we have to contend with the colts twice in our division in which case everyone expects them to make a huge jump this year. The rams are no pushover either. That's potential 8 losses right there. We'll likely win at least 2 of these though so i'm not worried. Our record may not be as good as last years' but i think this schedule helps up put it together in the playoffs though....We definitely will be battled tested this year.

Playoffs
08-29-2013, 04:10 PM
"National writer" ..... like that lends some credence to his opinion.

Mike Lombardi had an opinion, too. Pfft.

paycheck71
08-29-2013, 04:18 PM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/08/national-writer-predicts-texans-will-finish-8-8-get-blown-out-in-division-race/

Fans disagree.
85% vote so far for the Texans to win it.

Also, for the question of which QB will take his team to the SB first, Schaub or Romo, Schaub got a landslide 80% vote.

Houston Texans fans on a Houston newspaper website vote Houston Texans. Shocking!!!

Don't kick me too hard, I'm just kidding. :hides:

Honoring Earl 34
08-29-2013, 04:31 PM
You look around the AFC and you'll find glaring problems with all the teams.

10-6.

What position can make up for the most weaknesses ?

Nawzer
08-29-2013, 05:04 PM
I was waiting for one of those 'predict the number of wins this season' threads to pop up to post this, but my prediction is 9-7.

There are several reasons for my prediction, the first being the defense. The linebacker situation is of concern to me with so much inexperience and guys returning from injuries being counted upon for a team with supposed Super Bowl aspirations. Even if Brooks Reed and Mercilus start, I don't think that's a strong duo of OLBs. Reed has been inconsistent and Mercilus has yet to prove himself as a starting caliber linebacker. Could they become good players? Sure and I hope they do, but to me the evidence (especially with Reed) is that they're not going to produce the way we need them to. Secondly, all these late round draft picks and undrafted free agents may look good in training camp and the preseason, but the regular season is a different beast and odds are they're not going to cut it. The secondary has not looked good in the preseason, but I'm counting on JJo and KJ to turn it up once the season starts. But with Ed Reed's situation and counting on Shiloh Keo to start the season, this should be of concern to the Texans coaching staff. Also Manning took a step back last year and who knows how much he has left in the tank. NT was a concern of mine, but it looks like Earl Mitchell will be adequate as a starter for now. Overall, when you take all of these things into consideration, I think the defense is likely to suffer this season unless JJ Watt can clone 10 copies of himself to play defense.

On the offense, the biggest worrisome thing is still Gary Kubiak. From what I saw in the preseason, the offense looks just like last year's version. We all know that one of things that killed the Texans late last season was the lack of flexibility on the offense. The Texans run an offense that looks good early on in the game and that plods through the rest of the game. I was counting on seeing some quick snaps, 5 receiver sets, new formations, and etc., but I didn't see any of that. I'm not saying they haven't worked on it and are waiting to unveil it when it matters, but from what I've seen nothing has changed. Great teams like the 49'ers, SeaHawks, Patriots will figure out how to beat us just like last season when other teams figured us out. Then there's the Matt Schaub conundrum. He's the best we have and we have to live with him, but it still doesn't make me happy. I won't go over what's been repeated what must have been a billion times already, but I'm not a fan of Schaub and until he actually leads this team to the Conference championship game I'm not a Matt Schaub believer. Lastly, the offensive line is a question mark and when combined with Schaub's lack of mobility it's a recipe for disaster imo.

Given everything I've mentioned here I don't think you can call me illogical for saying the Texans going 9-7 this season. Could they win 13 or 14 games? Yeah absolutely and I would love for that to happen. But I'm a man of science and there are way too many variables involved with the Texans. Too many things have to go just right for us to reach the Super Bowl or at least make a deep run into the playoffs. I don't see it happening.

EllisUnit
08-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Oh lord this is just another Luck worshiper, he is saying we have the more talented roster, with the most experience but we dont have luck. What a waste of time it was for me to read that short article.

Question, is lucks butt big enough for all the kissing that goes on it ?

thunderkyss
08-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Cushing is going to have some problems getting back to form, and that injury does take time to come back from. Remember Ryans didn't start to play like himself until late in the season. Willie Jefferson is a nice rookie, but he's still a rookie, and raw at that.

Ryans tore his Achilles... big difference from an ACL.

Damn, nailed pretty much every concern I have and why I think we'll go 8-8 except for a couple. First is Kubes is not going to be able to adapt and beat elite teams and we have too many of them on our schedule.

Once again, I think we're spoiled. Kubiak did what he had to do to win last year. We were not a 12 win team, but we did what we had to do (even if Jim Schwartz gifted us that TD).

Kubiak's a killer.... stone cold. He wants to air it out, he wants to pull the rope-a-dope & make the other team look stupid. I think we'll see more of that this year..... because our offense is better. Schaub's always done a good job of spreading the ball around while making sure Andre got his touches. Andre, Hop, Posey, OD, Graham.... we're going to make a lot of teams look stupid. Foster, Tate, Wood.....

Teams used to look at the Texans on their schedule & they'd "pencil" in the W. Now, they're going to be all.....

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mayq7qsDqB1rbrwnpo1_400.gif

Scooter
08-29-2013, 11:16 PM
What position can make up for the most weaknesses ?

a probowl quarterback?

htowntexans1985
08-30-2013, 06:26 AM
I don't think those teams needed to improve. I don't recall those teams getting blown out by the same team twice with one blow out coming in the play-offs. That's pretty bad....I don't understand how one team is on such a higher level than you that they blow you out twice within the span of a few weeks. That's pretty damn bad thinking about it.

I think we did improve, but I think the core problems on this team still exist until proven otherwise.

Any team that didn't win the championship obviously needs improvement. So your argument about not needing improvements is asinine.

hobie
08-30-2013, 06:42 AM
Not sure why anyone would even care or be butt hurt over the article. 1 writer predicted Atlanta v. Houston, several others have Houston at 10-11 wins, a few have them 8-9...So what!!
Predictions are like buttholes... we all got them and most of the time they are full of **it!!

Happy Friday guys... They beat Dallas!

b0ng
08-30-2013, 06:46 AM
Does anybody here get the feeling of déjà vu since every year there are people who say "ohhhhh this schedule is way tougher". Same thing last year, only it was look at all the elite QB's we face!

We still play almost a third of our games against Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker and a Colts team that thought Gosser Cherilus is a great o linemen. Also play the Raiders and Chiefs (which brings us to all 3 of the top picking teams in the draft).

8-8 would be a huge letdown.

Thorn
08-30-2013, 06:55 AM
Does anybody here get the feeling of déjà vu since every year there are people who say "ohhhhh this schedule is way tougher". Same thing last year, only it was look at all the elite QB's we face!

We still play almost a third of our games against Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker and a Colts team that thought Gosser Cherilus is a great o linemen. Also play the Raiders and Chiefs (which brings us to all 3 of the top picking teams in the draft).

This.

msr

Honoring Earl 34
08-30-2013, 07:14 AM
The Texans's only goal is a super bowl . When a writer picks 8-8 for a SB contender , it means there are weak spots. We know that if the right players go down along with said weak spots , you could go 8-8 . This could be said for all contending teams .

Todays Texans play a lot different than the Broncos , Patriots , Saints , and so on . Their game is to run plays as quick as possible while the Texans goal is time of possesion . A possesion game backfires vs teams that score quick if they're scoring TDs and you have to run with them .

thunderkyss
08-30-2013, 08:26 AM

To me, it's not about the schedule anymore. It's about distractions, it's about complacency.

Jj Watt's popularity is going out the roof, the media is going to be asking a lot from him. They're all over Aj & Ed Reed's hip could be another "distraction"

Going from perennial losers to one of the more prolific teams in the league is one thing & presents a certain set of challenges. This group, imo, has done a fine job (though they took longer than I'd have liked) managing those challenges.

Following a successful season with another successful season presents another set of challenges all together. Again this group handled it fine, going from 2011 to 2012. The question is can they do it again, actually it's can they do it better than they did last time.

We've gotten to the point where the room for improvement isn't as big as it used to be & we're squeezing out every last bit of performance we can. Going from 50% to 80% is one thing. Going from 80% to 100% is more difficult.

Rey
08-30-2013, 08:38 AM
The Texans's only goal is a super bowl . When a writer picks 8-8 for a SB contender , it means there are weak spots. We know that if the right players go down along with said weak spots , you could go 8-8 . This could be said for all contending teams .

I think everyone can stay healthy all year and we can play good football a majority of the time and still finish around 8-8 or 9-7.

I don't know this writers reasoning and don't really care, but I don't think an 8-8 record will automatically mean that we sucked.

We could play well and go 8-8, and miss the play offs but if we played good football I'd actually be more pleased with that ending that I was with last season.

We play some good teams this season. I think our division will play us tougher. We have the Broncos and Pats towards the end of the year. We have some tough teams in back to back weeks.

It's mostly about the schedule for me.

IDEXAN
08-30-2013, 08:46 AM
I think we are more likely to end up 8-8 than 12-4, but I'll split the difference and say 10-6. Hey this schedule is definitely tougher than last year and our own division strength overall has only one to go. The wild-card is Indy ? Luck will be better, but I have no idea what kind of contribution they might get from thier Draft and free agents ?

Mr teX
08-30-2013, 08:51 AM

Todays Texans play a lot different than the Broncos , Patriots , Saints , and so on . Their game is to run plays as quick as possible while the Texans goal is time of possesion . A possesion game backfires vs teams that score quick if they're scoring TDs and you have to run with them .

Every team has weak spots..even the contenders, they're just not as obvious as some of the other contenders. Also, what national writer that you know knows our personnel well enough to call out weak spots on our team? All these chumps do is look at the qb situation, then the schedule and then peruse a few messageboards like this to get an idea of what the fans are saying about their team & base their "predictions" off that.

To be honest, i take what these guys say with a grain of salt b/c NFL writers are the worst of all sports pundits at predicting records. Every year there's always 1-2 teams who come out of nowhere. Also injuries always play a factor in how teams get through the season. And here lately, there's been a trend of teams getting hot at the right time & riding that heat all the way to the superbowl...which is yet another thing these pundits can't possibly account for.

TexanBacker93
08-30-2013, 10:23 AM
If the Texans go 8-8 with the best defensive player on the planet , the pink slips should be fast and furious .

Having said that , JJ doesn't make as much difference as Andrew Luck and that concerns me . Schaubs no where near Brady or Manning and that's who the Texans are competeing with

Over the last decade Brady and Manning have 1 Lombardi trophy. They are great, but it takes more than that to win a Super Bowl.

The Texans have improved:

They've added DeAndre Hopkins.
Devier Posey was beginning to look like a decent receiver and he's back.
Cushing is back. I realize it took Ryans half a year to get back to form. Different injuries. Look at the running backs coming back from ACLs last season.
A FS that can make plays. Quin might be younger, but he isn't as good playing deep as Reed will be. Reed doesn't need to be here for the whole season. He's here for December through Feb 2,2014. He'll be on the field and contribute before then, but that's when you need to have that veteran presence that won't be scared of Brady.

I really don't see how people think the Texans will be worse. The record might not be as good, but records can be misleading. The Colts were 11-5 on paper last season. That wasn't an 11 win team. It wasn't a playoff caliber team. They got extremely lucky by going 9-1 in 1 score games. On average a playoff team can expect to be 5-5 in those games. They turned the ball over with a Steve Francis like proclivity. They have lost Bruce Arians and won't have the emotional juice of Pagano's cancer fueling their drive. They're coming back to earth for another year or 2.

The Texans will finish 11-5 or something along those lines and win the division. They will lose a game that they shouldn't lose (Minnesota last year or Indy on the road the year before). They'll win a game most people think they shouldn't have a chance in (Denver on the road last year, on the road in Cincy the year before). Have faith.

Honoring Earl 34
08-30-2013, 12:21 PM
I think everyone can stay healthy all year and we can play good football a majority of the time and still finish around 8-8 or 9-7.

I don't know this writers reasoning and don't really care, but I don't think an 8-8 record will automatically mean that we sucked.

We could play well and go 8-8, and miss the play offs but if we played good football I'd actually be more pleased with that ending that I was with last season.

We play some good teams this season. I think our division will play us tougher. We have the Broncos and Pats towards the end of the year. We have some tough teams in back to back weeks.

It's mostly about the schedule for me.

Every team has weak spots..even the contenders, they're just not as obvious as some of the other contenders. Also, what national writer that you know knows our personnel well enough to call out weak spots on our team? All these chumps do is look at the qb situation, then the schedule and then peruse a few messageboards like this to get an idea of what the fans are saying about their team & base their "predictions" off that.

To be honest, i take what these guys say with a grain of salt b/c NFL writers are the worst of all sports pundits at predicting records. Every year there's always 1-2 teams who come out of nowhere. Also injuries always play a factor in how teams get through the season. And here lately, there's been a trend of teams getting hot at the right time & riding that heat all the way to the superbowl...which is yet another thing these pundits can't possibly account for.

We could go 8-8 and it doesn't mean we have a tougher schedule , it means the schedule exposed the Texans and they didn't push the right buttons . The Ravens fired their OC with two games let in the season and the rest is history . If you are a true contender the other teams look at you and say that's a tough game , that's Denver , SF , NE and so on .

I don't really care what the pundits say this is more my observations . The Texans need to get 4.5 yards a pop running and the defense needs to be back to at least the 2011 level . They need to get the OLBs to really step it up , Ed Reed has to be a big upgrade over Keo , and JJo has got to get back to his old self .

76Texan
08-30-2013, 12:26 PM
:swatter:
I don't really care what the pundits say this is more my observations . The Texans need to get 4.5 yards a pop running and the defense needs to be back to at least the 2011 level . They need to get the OLBs to really step it up , Ed Reed has to be a big upgrade over Keo , and JJo has got to get back to his old self .

Earl, you're describing a SB winner/contender right there. :smooch:

Honoring Earl 34
08-30-2013, 12:32 PM
:swatter:

Earl, you're describing a SB winner/contender right there. :smooch:

A SB in snowy New York , which would be good weather for a running team that plays good defense .

texanhead08
08-30-2013, 12:57 PM
We have holes that really haven't been addressed this offseason

OLB
OL
Safety - I know we signed Reed but until he plays we really don't know what he has left in the tank.

I just feel like the losses in free agency the past two years are just too much to overcome and finish with 11 or 12 wins.

76Texan
08-30-2013, 12:57 PM
A SB in snowy New York , which would be good weather for a running team that plays good defense .

:bender:

The dinks and dunks work, too.

And every throw that Schaub lays short will be caught in stride since the receiver can't run as fast, LOL. :kitten:

The1ApplePie
08-30-2013, 01:29 PM
10-6 is about right.

The only new impact addition is DeAndre at WR. AJ is older, Ed Reed could be the second-coming of Ahmad Green.

The Texans still have only one pass rusher, and I doubt anyone really thinks that JJ will duplicate his 2012 campaign.

Yes the Broncos and Pats got weaker, but younger teams like the Bengals and Colts have gotten stronger.

Thankfully the Titans and Jags still suck

Thorn
08-30-2013, 01:36 PM
10-6 is about right.

The only new impact addition is DeAndre at WR. AJ is older, Ed Reed could be the second-coming of Ahmad Green.

The Texans still have only one pass rusher, and I doubt anyone really thinks that JJ will duplicate his 2012 campaign.

Yes the Broncos and Pats got weaker, but younger teams like the Bengals and Colts have gotten stronger.

I think 11-5 is better, perhaps even 12-4. Other than that, I agree on everything you said except for the Colts getting stronger and the Titans sucking. I think the Jags pull up 4th place in the division this year because they are just horrible. And the word horrible doesn't do itself justice in this case. I think the Titans are better than we give them credit for, and the Colts are worse than we give them credit for.

thunderkyss
08-30-2013, 02:14 PM
We have holes that really haven't been addressed this offseason

Well... we drafted two OLBs & brought in two UDFAs & had about as open a competition as you can for the position.

We signed Ed Reed, drafted Dj Swearinger, brought in a UDFA, & while not an open competition, they all ('cept Reed) played plenty of snaps.

The holes you mentioned have been addressed.. but you're right, we haven't solved them as far as we can tell.

Honoring Earl 34
08-30-2013, 02:17 PM
Well... we drafted two OLBs & brought in two UDFAs & had about as open a competition as you can for the position.

We signed Ed Reed, drafted Dj Swearinger, brought in a UDFA, & while not an open competition, they all ('cept Reed) played plenty of snaps.

The holes you mentioned have been addressed.. but you're right, we haven't solved them as far as we can tell.

Would you take the over or under of 20 sacks by all the OLBs combined ?

thunderkyss
08-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Would you take the over or under of 20 sacks by all the OLBs combined ?

Like I said, the issue is far from solved.... but we did address it.

Honoring Earl 34
08-30-2013, 02:25 PM
Like I said, the issue is far from solved.... but we did address it.

If Mercilus gets 10 to 12 , I think we can squeak out the rest from the other guys .

76Texan
08-30-2013, 02:57 PM
If Mercilus gets 10 to 12 , I think we can squeak out the rest from the other guys .

These things are hard to predict.
Like I've mentioned before, it certainly looked to me like for the good chunk of time, Wade wanted his end men to keep contain of the edges.

Sure, there were instances when he wanted them to pin their ears back and go, but the first instances were more prevalent.

My thinking is that Wade doesn't want the runners like Peterson and C Johnson to bounce to the outside, and he wants to limit the mobile QBs that we faced to have too much liberty to the outside.

Not the opponents didn't try, but overall, I think the results were limited.

He might change it up some this year though, so one can never tell.

Think of it this way; you have guys like Watt, Ninja, Cushing, and now Mitchell who can all create havoc inside.
Add to that the possibility of Crick, Jamison, and McClain; I think the odds are he would keep the same strategy for the most part, with an occasional safety blitz of the edge.
I think it's a sound strategy.

Rey
08-30-2013, 03:10 PM
These things are hard to predict.
Like I've mentioned before, it certainly looked to me like for the good chunk of time, Wade wanted his end men to keep contain of the edges.

Except Texans defensive coaches have said that they want to get more pressure from the edges.

The players have said that they were disappointed with how they performed and needed to get more edge pressure.

Kubiak has talked about getting pressure from the edges defensively.

They drafted two edge players with valuable picks. They draft guys that had a college history of creating pressure from the edge.

Even against non-mobile QB's we didn't generate a lot of edge pressure. Against mobile QB's that pass out of the pocket a majority of time, we didn't generate a lot of edge pressure.

I don't agree with that assessment at all. They may have looked like they were playing contain because they couldn't generate much pressure.

76Texan
08-30-2013, 03:17 PM
Except Texans defensive coaches have said that they want to get more pressure from the edges.

The players have said that they were disappointed with how they performed and needed to get more edge pressure.

Kubiak has talked about getting pressure from the edges defensively.

They drafted two edge players with valuable picks. They draft guys that had a college history of creating pressure from the edge.

Even against non-mobile QB's we didn't generate a lot of edge pressure. Against mobile QB's that pass out of the pocket a majority of time, we didn't generate a lot of edge pressure.

I don't agree with that assessment at all. They may have looked like they were playing contain because they couldn't generate much pressure.

Obviously, you want to get production out of any position.
But tell me, how did Barwin get a 6yr/36M from the Eagles?

No, it's not elite money, but it does tell us the guy was not garbage.

Wolf
08-30-2013, 03:19 PM
Guess everyone is on the colts and Lucks jockstrap

Fine by me

Colts play basically same schedule as us except they get to play mia and cincy where we play balt and N.E..

Guess the red flags are out on f how badly we got beat by the big boys. However we kicked the crap out of the ravens so if we can be more consistant and leave the letter jackets home.hopefully we will be ok

Wolf
08-30-2013, 03:20 PM

Eagles need some fashion sense?

76Texan
08-30-2013, 03:21 PM
Let's not forget that Dummervil agreed in principle to $18M over 3 years with the Broncos, but ended up signed for a Mil less with the Ravens.

76Texan
08-30-2013, 03:22 PM
Eagles need some fashion sense?

LOL; that's a good one!

76Texan
08-30-2013, 03:32 PM

Let's not forget that Dummervil agreed in principle to $18M over 3 years with the Broncos, but ended up signed for a Mil less with the Ravens.

Actually, Dumervil's 5yr pack for $26M pales in comparison to Barwin's.

Rey
08-30-2013, 03:43 PM

So we are basing how much a player gets in FA on how good a player they actually are?

Does that contract mean Barwin won't be a bust? No.

Why did Mario get that 100 mil contract?

Why did Aso get paid so much?

Why have so many players been given contracts they never lived up to?

Maybe the Eagles made a mistake? Maybe they were banking on him reverting to previous form?

I never said those guys "sucked"...but I'd bet my last $100 that if the Coaches answered honestly about whether or not the OLB's under performed last year they'd tell you yes.

Especially since they've already said stuff like that a few times already. "Need more production from the position" "Need more pressure from the edges"...Those are just two phrases I've heard from the coaches since last season ended...

76Texan
08-30-2013, 03:55 PM
So we are basing how much a player gets in FA on how good a player they actually are?

Does that contract mean Barwin won't be a bust? No.

Why did Mario get that 100 mil contract?

Why did Aso get paid so much?

Why have so many players been given contracts they never lived up to?

Maybe the Eagles made a mistake? Maybe they were banking on him reverting to previous form?

I never said those guys "sucked"...but I'd bet my last $100 that if the Coaches answered honestly about whether or not the OLB's under performed last year they'd tell you yes.

Especially since they've already said stuff like that a few times already. "Need more production from the position" "Need more pressure from the edges"...Those are just two phrases I've heard from the coaches since last season ended...

Doesn't mean that it wasn't the scheme.
What we heard from the coaches were that the guys were close at times, but did not finish the play (for any reason).

We saw more results out of that position in the same scheme (more or less) the year before
(Total number of QB pressure, hurries, hits, sacks combined.)
On the other hand, we should realize that these guys have a long way to go, and if Watt beats the interior blocking, which he often did, the outside guys can't get there as fast.

76Texan
08-30-2013, 04:04 PM
The one fallacy in your retort, Rey, is that the other guys got a new hefty contract after some good years.

It would not make any sense at all for a team to sign a "less than mediocre" player to a good contract.

The most logical conclusion is that Barwin was doing what Wade wanted in his defense, even though he wasn't a finisher, or a game changer.

DX-TEX
08-30-2013, 04:09 PM
The one fallacy in your retort, Rey, is that the other guys got a new hefty contract after some good years.

It would not make any sense at all for a team to sign a "less than mediocre" player to a good contract.

The most logical conclusion is that Barwin was doing what Wade wanted in his defense, even though he wasn't a finisher, or a game changer.

http://cdn.istrategylabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/sanchez-butt-fumble.gif

:smooch:

steelbtexan
08-30-2013, 04:35 PM
The question is if they go 8-8, which while unlikely, is possible do to injuries.

Would BoB fire Gary, or is Gary HC for life.

I mean while injuries are an excuse, didn't Rick/Gary/Wade select these players?

infantrycak
08-30-2013, 04:45 PM
The question is if they go 8-8, which while unlikely, is possible do to injuries.

Would BoB fire Gary, or is Gary HC for life.

I mean while injuries are an excuse, didn't Rick/Gary/Wade select these players?

Damn you enjoy getting your jollies just bringing up the chance of Kubiak being fired.

I think the answer is rather obvious - it depends what happened. Was it a rash of injuries? Was it having too many games come down to one score and losing most of those?

drs23
08-30-2013, 06:41 PM
10-6 is about right.

I emphatically beg to differ. It's very obvious you've not been keeping up with #99's goals.

burro
08-30-2013, 06:59 PM
He's talking out of his rear. At worst, we are a 9-7 team. To say we'll go 10-6 or even 11-5 isn't being a homer.

REGULAR
1 @ CHARGERS - W
2 TITANS - W
3 @ RAVENS
4 SEAHAWKS
5 @ 49ERS
6 RAMS - W
7 @ CHIEFS - W
BYE
9 COLTS
10 @ CARDINALS - W
11 RAIDERS - W
12 JAGUARS - W
13 PATRIOTS
14 @ JAGUARS - W
15 @ COLTS
16 BRONCOS
17 @ TITANS - W

All of the should-wins are bolded, that makes 9. I doubt Indy sweeps us, meaning at worst 5-1 in the division.

Rey
08-30-2013, 08:14 PM

Someone else signing Barwin means zilch about how we felt about the job he did. What it means is that someone else thought he provided value to them.

You're connecting dots that aren't necessarily there.

Honoring Earl 34
08-30-2013, 08:26 PM
He's talking out of his rear. At worst, we are a 9-7 team. To say we'll go 10-6 or even 11-5 isn't being a homer.

REGULAR
1 @ CHARGERS - W
2 TITANS - W
3 @ RAVENS
4 SEAHAWKS
5 @ 49ERS
6 RAMS - W
7 @ CHIEFS - W
BYE
9 COLTS
10 @ CARDINALS - W
11 RAIDERS - W
12 JAGUARS - W
13 PATRIOTS
14 @ JAGUARS - W
15 @ COLTS
16 BRONCOS
17 @ TITANS - W

All of the should-wins are bolded, that makes 9. I doubt Indy sweeps us, meaning at worst 5-1 in the division.

I think the Ram and Chiefs games are iffy . Why ... The Texans will be coming off 3 physical games against the Ravens , 9ers , and Seahawks . The Rams will be much improved and so will KC .

Rey
08-30-2013, 08:28 PM
I think that chargers game is going to be tough.

thunderkyss
08-30-2013, 08:28 PM
Someone else signing Barwin means zilch about how we felt about the job he did. What it means is that someone else thought he provided value to them.

Not even that much. It means there were some really desperate teams in a pretty poor FA market.

& Jason Babin is an A-hole.

Texecutioner
08-30-2013, 09:02 PM
I'll take a crack at 10-6.

Our division is still weak. Luck will improve and stay on the cusp of elite, but his team won't be quite as good. The Titans and the Jags will both struggle tremendously. So, I think we still take the division.

I think we have the kind of guys that will fight hard enough and play well enough to get us to 10-6. JJ Watt is an all time great in my eyes. Cushing is gamer through and through and even if he has an off year, his presence on the rest of the guys does a lot in my opinion. He just has that nasty attitude that reflects on others. We need Reed back there for morale purposes as well. I think the D will be most confident when Reed steps on the field. We have a good enough defense and offense that if one unit struggles some the other can carry it to an extent.

But like Bong said earlier in this thread, 8-8 would be a huge disappointment. We just came off a 2nd round loss where we improved both in the regular season and the post season last year. The goal is always to improve on there and any attitude that is less would not be one of a "winner's" attitude.

Thorn
08-30-2013, 09:04 PM
I think that chargers game is going to be tough.

The Chargers will be tough because they'll be playing in the middle of the night and the players internal clocks will be off. But if they get hyped up enough, the Chargers can be crushed. The Chargers just aren't that good.

Seegara
08-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Good question. This team is too talented and has too much experience to go 8-8 or 9-7 without serious health problems.
Too talented, yes, but there's also the coaching problem. I expect a winning record but think we'll be nudged out of the division championship by the Indy Stink, with a little help from the zebras, of course.

Rey
08-30-2013, 09:54 PM
The Chargers will be tough because they'll be playing in the middle of the night and the players internal clocks will be off. But if they get hyped up enough, the Chargers can be crushed. The Chargers just aren't that good.

Don't sleep on them.

Chargers have a talented team.

Plus they'll be at home on opening night.

thunderkyss
08-30-2013, 09:58 PM
Don't sleep on them.

Chargers have a talented team.

I think the Chargers biggest asset right now, is that nobody knows who they are. New staff, new players... it's hard to prepare for that.

Vance87
08-30-2013, 10:54 PM
Have a friend who's a Chargers fan saying we're gonna stomp them by 30.

Seems to me that we're our own harshest critics most of the time.

Honoring Earl 34
08-30-2013, 10:57 PM

Isn't your friend doing the same thing .

Vance87
08-30-2013, 11:23 PM
Isn't your friend doing the same thing .

Yes, that's my point :D

potisyourfriend
08-30-2013, 11:59 PM
The Texans should blow the Chargers out of the building. I'd be worried if they didn't.

ThaShark316
08-31-2013, 12:24 AM
AFC is pretty much garbage. Lol

HJam72
08-31-2013, 08:02 AM

Seems to me that shows he doesn't know Kubiak, because we'll be focused mainly on burning clock by the end of the first qtr. with our 7 point lead.

Honoring Earl 34
08-31-2013, 09:01 AM
Seems to me that shows he doesn't know Kubiak, because we'll be focused mainly on burning clock by the end of the first qtr. with our 7 point lead.

OMG ... That's funny .

They'll be putting the ball on Lechner's foot before halftime .

The Texans get their test early . We'll see what happens .

CorpusTexan
08-31-2013, 10:40 AM
We also have to realize that all of these tougher teams we're facing this year have their issues also. They aren't exactly in the same form they have been in the past years. Texans still have a great chance!

Honoring Earl 34
08-31-2013, 11:18 AM
We also have to realize that all of these tougher teams we're facing this year have their issues also. They aren't exactly in the same form they have been in the past years. Texans still have a great chance!

Some teams have positive track records through adversity while others don't .

thunderkyss
08-31-2013, 11:47 AM
Some teams have positive track records through adversity while others don't .

& we're still building ours. Lots of adversity in 2011 we still won 10 games, the division, & a play-off game.

Lot's of adversity in 2012, we still won 12 games, the division, & a play-off game.

Short of the ultimate goal, but we're working on it.

potisyourfriend
08-31-2013, 12:18 PM
National writer is doing what brings in readers. I don't understand why fans get so worked up.

ajohnson80
08-31-2013, 01:46 PM
superbowwwwwwwwwwwl :bender:

76Texan
08-31-2013, 02:00 PM

I think he knows Kubiak quite well.
Texans should win by 50, but Kubiak is such a turtle. :kubepalm:

Rey
09-01-2013, 02:15 AM
So I finally got around to actually clicking the link. Can someone show me where this guy actually picks the texans to go 8-8? This is what it says on NFL.com:

Dan Hanzus and I both pick the Indianapolis Colts to win the division, and the Houston Texans to fall right out of the playoffs. Marc Sessler and Chris Wesseling have the Texans winning the division at 11-5, with the Colts far behind at 8-8.

Houston has a more complete team. The Texans are one of the oldest teams in the league and have a defense that should be a difference maker. They have continuity among the players and the coaching staff.

My pick of the Colts was simply a pick for Andrew Luck. I'm among those who believe Luck could be a top-shelf NFL starter this year. And top-shelf NFL starters can drag flawed teams to 10 wins. Peyton Manning did it often early in his career.

Concern about Texans backfield

It's hard to knock the Texans' roster overall, even if it's not the youngest group in the world. My prediction of a 9-7 record is more about the reality of playoff turnover every year. On average, six new NFL teams make it ever year. Last year was an exception, but I try to make sure to predict at least five new playoff teams each season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000232210/article/afc-south-preview-colts-or-texans-on-top

There's nothing inflammatory there. I didn't listen to the podcast, so maybe he says 8-8 there and then completely misquoted himself in the article that was linked. Doubtful, but hey...

Seems like some people misunderstood what he said and then posted something to get hits. (Not talking about the OP).

If you read what the "national writer" actually says, there is nothing there insulting or demeaning or dismissive which seems to be what people think is happening.

Vance87
09-01-2013, 03:05 AM
So I finally got around to actually clicking the link. Can someone show me where this guy actually picks the texans to go 8-8? This is what it says on NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000232210/article/afc-south-preview-colts-or-texans-on-top

There's nothing inflammatory there. I didn't listen to the podcast, so maybe he says 8-8 there and then completely misquoted himself in the article that was linked. Doubtful, but hey...

Seems like some people misunderstood what he said and then posted something to get hits. (Not talking about the OP).

If you read what the "national writer" actually says, there is nothing there insulting or demeaning or dismissive which seems to be what people think is happening.

Dan Hanzus picked us to go 8-8. It's on the right side in the article you linked, where the team records are, under 'Around the League predicts AFC South'.

Rey
10-06-2013, 10:15 PM
This writer probably should have picked us to go 8-8.

eriadoc
10-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Maybe next time we see a national writer/broadcaster/whatever predict the Texans will suck, we should just nod and agree. Team keeps proving them right.

Vinny
10-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Kubiak's legacy....Big stage, small Texans

Vinny
10-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Kubiak's legacy....Big stage, small Texans

Runner
10-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Don't forget that the Texans incrementally improved enough over several seasons to take the division crown when the Colts plummeted to irrelevance. Of course the Colts have apparently rebuilt in two years, but that isn't the Texans way.

Wolf6151
10-07-2013, 12:09 AM
Don't forget that the Texans incrementally improved enough over several seasons to take the division crown when the Colts plummeted to irrelevance. Of course the Colts have apparently rebuilt in two years, but that isn't the Texans way.

I remember Bob McNair saying about 3 yrs. ago that if he fired Kubiak it would take 3-5 yrs. to rebuild the team. Someone should point out the Colt organization to him right before they smack the crap out of us.

Vinny
10-07-2013, 12:11 AM
I remember Bob McNair saying about 3 yrs. ago that if he fired Kubiak it would take 3-5 yrs. to rebuild the team. Someone should point out the Colt organization to him right before they smack the crap out of us.We've still never beat them in Indy. It's only been a decade though. Baby steps, baby steps.

Runner
10-07-2013, 12:17 AM
I remember Bob McNair saying about 3 yrs. ago that if he fired Kubiak it would take 3-5 yrs. to rebuild the team. Someone should point out the Colt organization to him right before they smack the crap out of us.

Half the posters on the board said the same thing five years ago. That thought was frequently followed by the statement that building slow guaranteed a decade of playoff success. The repetitive nature of those statements didn't make them true; nor did they change the fact that team after team rebuilt in a couple of seasons in the intervening years.

Double Barrel
10-07-2013, 01:08 AM

Is our ox stuck in a ditch?

Only when we have a stuck ox can McNair make an executive decision, grasshoppa.

This season did have the greatest comeback victory in franchise history, so we have that going for us. :bender:

Bulls on Parade
10-07-2013, 01:56 AM
The good news: I think we have a real shot to go 4-2, 5-1 or 6-0 during our next 6 games. We should be very much in the playoff race entering the final five games. Key words: should be

LonerATO
10-07-2013, 02:11 AM

Andrew Luck.

Vance87
10-07-2013, 02:21 AM
Andrew Luck.

Yeah that helps

LEATHERHEAD
10-07-2013, 06:17 AM

OMG We Sux again:rake:

silvrhand
10-07-2013, 07:48 AM
OMG We Sux again:rake:

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/3406552064/h0E7656A4/

TejasTom
10-07-2013, 08:59 AM
8-8 might be optimistic.

eriadoc
10-07-2013, 06:10 PM
I now hate this post.

Vinny
10-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Colts need to go 6-5 to finish 10-6. Looking at their schedule....well, it's not the toughest schedule out there. Based on their schedule I can see them easily at 11-5 by the end of the year. Most likely the Colts win the division and we will battle the Bengals, Browns, Chiefs, Titans and Dolphins for a wild card slot. Unless we can finish 9-2 or at least 8-3 and a small Colts collapse all we can hope for is a wild card seeding.

6 Oct 14 IND @ SD
7 Oct 20 DEN @ IND
8 Bye
9 Nov 03 IND @ HOU
10 Nov 10 STL @ IND
11 Nov 14 IND @ TEN
12 Nov 24 IND @ ARI
13 Dec 01 TEN @ IND
14 Dec 08 IND @ CIN
15 Dec 15 HOU @ IND
16 Dec 22 IND @ KC
17 Dec 29 JAC @ IND

Texans need to go 8-3 to finish 10-6.

6 Oct 13 STL @ HOU
7 Oct 20 HOU @ KC
8 Bye
9 Nov 03 IND @ HOU
10 Nov 10 HOU @ ARI
11 Nov 17 OAK @ HOU
12 Nov 24 JAC @ HOU
13 Dec 01 NE @ HOU
14 Dec 05 HOU @ JAC
15 Dec 15 HOU @ IND
16 Dec 22 DEN @ HOU
17 Dec 29 HOU @ TEN

Rey
10-07-2013, 06:33 PM
I have us winning 3-5 more games.

No more play offs for YOU!!!!!

bOODRO87
10-07-2013, 06:37 PM
I don't know if everyone has seen Luck's play lately, but I just don't see how the Texans would ever catch up to the Colts if he keeps it up. He's by far better than RG3, Wilson, or Kaep. It's not even a contest anymore, really.

thunderkyss
10-07-2013, 06:39 PM
No LBers. The best LB this preseason was probably Brooks Reed.
Cushing is going to have some problems getting back to form, and that injury does take time to come back from.

Whitney is coming on strong. He's not Von Miller or T-sizzle, but he's finding his game & will make a difference come December.

If Cushing lost anything, it's not a lot. Dude's been ball'n

OL - I think the OL is going to be as bad as it was last season.

I know SF was missing a lot, but the OL looked good. Hopefully it would help them build some confidence. Their next test is going to be KC.

Schedule -The Colts are never an easy game, and Luck will be that much more seasoned when he faces them.

screw luck.

Schaub - sorry, I know some will disagree with me, but the guy is an issue. He's been off target thus far in the preseason, and last year's late season slide has done nothing to bolster my confidence in him.

After the Seahawk game he said he was going to open it up, let it fly, play loose.

I think he's been trying to make things happen & they're just not going his way. If he's going to be our starting QB, I hope he stops thinking & just plays. We've seen little flashes of that 2009 Schaub, in San Diego, vs Tennessee, @ Seattle & that guy can help us win football games. Not simply "manage" the offense, but contribute.

I don't know how to get that guy to show up more often. I don't know if Kubiak knows & I'm damn sure Matt doesn't know.

Safety -

I agree.

No way 10 games win this division. No way. I honestly don't know if we can win 11 games.

Rey
10-07-2013, 06:42 PM
It's funny that if this article was written yesterday id think the writer was being optimistic.

drs23
10-07-2013, 06:47 PM
That's depressing.

With the Colts' schedule I can honestly see them winning out. The only bump might be his predecessor and that's not a given if Dallas can do what they did yesterday.

Yeah, they'll probably lose one or two they shouldn't. (to us maybe)

Yep, it's back to chasing the Ponies. Luck is no slouch and the moves they made in the offseason that many of us poo-pooed seem to be working out. TY Hilton is burning folks outta the slot. McCain is our answer there.

Come on April.

bOODRO87
10-07-2013, 07:01 PM
That's depressing.

With the Colts' schedule I can honestly see them winning out. The only bump might be his predecessor and that's not a given if Dallas can do what they did yesterday.

Yeah, they'll probably lose one or two they shouldn't. (to us maybe)

Yep, it's back to chasing the Ponies. Luck is no slouch and the moves they made in the offseason that many of us poo-pooed seem to be working out. TY Hilton is burning folks outta the slot. McCain is our answer there.

Come on April.

http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Dr.-Who.gif

drs23
10-07-2013, 07:42 PM
http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Dr.-Who.gif

So you're saying I made it rain. Dayum, I've always wanted to do that!

Thanks.

rep

Rey
10-13-2013, 02:04 PM

Lots of arrogance at the start of this season which IMO, has been bred by this staff. It was too relaxed of an atmosphere. As if they were guaranteed to show up and win. When you are a good team you have to have a killer mentality because other teams are going to come at you hard.

But we are so ho-hum in how we go about things. Don't wanna rock the boat. Just stick with status quo. We need more gumption. More aggression.

Mr teX
10-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Whomever wrote that article, i need to start reading what he puts out....dude was spot on..

HJam72
10-14-2013, 11:44 AM
Whomever wrote that article, i need to start reading what he puts out....dude was spot on..

Not sure about the writer (of the actual linked article), but it was Dan Hanzus from NFL.com who picked us to go Colts 11-5, Texans 8-8, Titans 6-10, & Jaguars....I don't know, 3-13 or something.

Honoring Earl 34
10-14-2013, 11:47 AM
I think the Ram and Chiefs games are iffy . Why ... The Texans will be coming off 3 physical games against the Ravens , 9ers , and Seahawks . The Rams will be much improved and so will KC .

Dang it .

deucetx
10-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Not sure about the writer (of the actual linked article), but it was Dan Hanzus from NFL.com who picked us to go Colts 11-5, Texans 8-8, Titans 6-10, & Jaguars....I don't know, 3-13 or something.

Yeah I remember going to that article to defend us and ridicule his predition...

....damn do I have egg on my face right now lol