PDA

View Full Version : Texans cuts tomorrow

badboy
08-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Any predictions on "surprise" cuts for Houston?

76Texan
08-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Teams have been making cuts left and right; we might hear from the Texans anytime now.

As far as prediction, I have none.
I want to predict Marciano, but...

Rey
08-26-2013, 11:59 AM
Surprise cut?

I'll go with....:thinking:....

Sam Montgomery. :spit:

eriadoc
08-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Surprise cut?

I'll go with....:thinking:....

Sam Montgomery. :spit:

That's what I was thinking. It would only be a surprise because of the draft status, but maybe Kubiak has the stones to move on from a bad draft pick before he drags it out for years.

76Texan
08-26-2013, 12:40 PM
That's what I was thinking. It would only be a surprise because of the draft status, but maybe Kubiak has the stones to move on from a bad draft pick before he drags it out for years.

He's been behind due to injury; it would be a big surprise if they cut him.
I thought he did some good things while he was in there for 5 or 6 snaps.

eriadoc
08-26-2013, 12:42 PM
He's been behind due to injury; ...

Coupled with the out of shape reports and the pre-draft knock on his maturity/dedication/whatever you want to call that ... you never know.

b0ng
08-26-2013, 12:47 PM

He'll get stashed on IR before he's outright "cut". I can't think of anybody the Texans drafted and then cut in only 1 TC. Not under Kubiak at least.

Nawzer
08-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Matt Schaub.

DX-TEX
08-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Matt Schaub.

If that happens I will buy EVERYONE on this board a steak dinner.

thunderkyss
08-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Shilo Keo

AngryNateFTW
08-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Dobbins, Sharpton or Mays. Mohamed then makes the team because of it.

HOU-TEX
08-26-2013, 02:05 PM
I'd cut Sharpton before he's injured again

deucetx
08-26-2013, 02:09 PM

Sharpton might be the surprise cut. Barely have seen him lately unless they are trying to preserve him for the season since he's brittle as hell at this point. He had 11 plays against the Dolphins and none in the Saints game.

76Texan
08-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Sharpton might be the surprise cut. Barely have seen him lately unless they are trying to preserve him for the season since he's brittle as hell at this point. He had 11 plays against the Dolphins and none in the Saints game.

The other guys haven't shown that they are able to displace Sharpton.

I think the odd is against Mohamed.
Either he or a vet LB can be signed if Sharpton or any other LB goes down.
There's a bunch of so-so players out there.

Rey
08-26-2013, 02:14 PM
I'd cut Sharpton before he's injured again

Yeah....I was thinking that early on....

Maybe they plan on cutting him, and didn't play him so he couldn't get injured....Again....

badboy
08-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Unfortunately I have not seen anyone to replace Sharpton with, so do not see him getting cut this week. What about Hunter but probably not a surprise since Mitchell and McCain looking so good and have the draft pick to back them unless he gets cut.

76Texan
08-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Unfortunately I have not seen anyone to replace Sharpton with, so do not see him getting cut this week. What about Hunter but probably not a surprise since Mitchell and McCain looking so good and have the draft pick to back them unless he gets cut.

Hunter goes back to the PS, I'm thinking.

76Texan
08-26-2013, 02:44 PM
Yeah....I was thinking that early on....

Maybe they plan on cutting him, and didn't play him so he couldn't get injured....Again....

Another non-football injury? :voodoo:

Rey
08-26-2013, 02:46 PM
Unfortunately I have not seen anyone to replace Sharpton with...

Mohammed has been good.

But you don't necessarily have to replace him. Reed can double as a back up ILB. You can only have so many guys active on game day anyways.

76Texan
08-26-2013, 02:47 PM
If that happens I will buy EVERYONE on this board a steak dinner.

Guess I'll have to wait a while for a steak dinner, bummer!

eriadoc
08-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Unfortunately I have not seen anyone to replace Sharpton with ...

Literally any of the other LBs. It's not hard to replace a guy that doesn't play.

76Texan
08-26-2013, 02:52 PM

I'm thinking Wade wants to see a whole lot of Mays, getting him in all of the base scheme.

With Sharpton, Wade knows what he gets.
With Mays, Wade needs to evaluate him further to see if he's a better option next to Cushing.

Nothing got resolved, I don't think, but at least Mays gets in as many reps as possible.

HOU-TEX
08-26-2013, 02:54 PM

Mays has been just as good, if not better than Sharpton. It'd wouldn't even be close if he wrapped up better when tackling. I would think that'd be cleaned up before SD. Plus, I like Mays' aggressiveness. It hurts him at times, but I like it

76Texan
08-26-2013, 02:55 PM
Literally any of the other LBs. It's not hard to replace a guy that doesn't play.

A guy in a tube can't help; that's for sure.
But a guy that is a liability on the field is even worse.
Might as well go dime.
But we need Reed back on the field to do that.

76Texan
08-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Mays has been just as good, if not better than Sharpton. It'd wouldn't even be close if he wrapped up better when tackling. I would think that'd be cleaned up before SD. Plus, I like Mays' aggressiveness. It hurts him at times, but I like it

I don't think so; Mays still needs to work on his coverage skills.
He wasn't asked to do that hardly in Denver because he was pretty bad at it.
They took him out on obvious passing downs a vast majority of the time in 2011.
He lost his starting gig to old man Brooking on 2012 because of that and missing a tackle here and there.

Porky
08-26-2013, 03:00 PM
Would Roc Carmichael count as a surprise...at least in the first wave coming tomorrow. That's my pick for tomorrow that might raise a few eyebrows.

DocBar
08-26-2013, 03:03 PM
Mays has been just as good, if not better than Sharpton. It'd wouldn't even be close if he wrapped up better when tackling. I would think that'd be cleaned up before SD. Plus, I like Mays' aggressiveness. It hurts him at times, but I like itMays going for a strip instead of making a tackle padded the hell out of Brees' stats yesterday. His aggressiveness doesn't hurt him as much as it hurts the team. He doesn't have anywhere near the career stats to justify that.

I liked his signing, but a few more plays like the one yesterday and it'll be off with his head.:fight:

I wouldn't be shocked to see Braman cut. Not sure if that counts as a surprise, though.

Nawzer
08-26-2013, 03:07 PM
JJ Watt for sure will be cut. Also Andre Johnson, Brian Cushing, JJo, Duane Brown will be probably cut as well.

HOU-TEX
08-26-2013, 03:07 PM
I don't think so; Mays still need to work on his coverage skills.
He wasn't asked to do that hardly in Denver because he was pretty bad at it.
They took him out on obvious passing downs a vast majority of the time.

Which I'm sure we'd do the same. Save Cushing, Mays is basically our only option. Dobbins is worse than Mays and the Mohammad cat isn't even healthy. I'm not counting on Sharpton to do anything except adding wear and tear to training tables

Rey
08-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Kubiak said Sharpton was "sick"...That's why he didn't play...

This dude needs something...Jesus, a protective bubble, or he needs wolverine to give him his powers...

Edit: I could be wrong, but to me it sounded like Kubiak was almost wishing Sharpton well. Maybe I'm reading too much into his responses though.

Oh...Kubiak is on sr610 right now...press conference...

76Texan
08-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Would Roc Carmichael count as a surprise...at least in the first wave coming tomorrow. That's my pick for tomorrow that might raise a few eyebrows.

Nope, it's a good possibility that Roc could be gone.
At least it's 50/50 between him and Bouye, not that Bouye is better at the moment.
Bouye looks better than a younger Roc.

Rey
08-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Nope, it's a good possibility that Roc could be gone.
At least it's 50/50 between him and Bouye, not that Bouye is better at the moment.
Bouye looks better than a younger Roc.

I want us to get a vet corner that can actually push McCain and Harris as well as possibly step in for a starter due to injury.

Bouye nor Roc should be on this team.

Playoffs
08-26-2013, 03:23 PM
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
FB Zach Boren among the first cuts. Had a steep uphill climb given the numbers. #Texans

rmartin65
08-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli

Not a surprise. I could see him landing on a PS somewhere though.

badboy
08-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Mohammed has been good.

But you don't necessarily have to replace him. Reed can double as a back up ILB. You can only have so many guys active on game day anyways.

M had no tackles against Saints & I cannot find any stats on him anywhere. Were you able to focus on him and get eval? I am just looking for someone like Jefferson who wants to own a position. :d:

Rey
08-26-2013, 03:49 PM
M had no tackles against Saints & I cannot find any stats on him anywhere. Were you able to focus on him and get eval? I am just looking for someone like Jefferson who wants to own a position. :d:

I think he was hurt, but Kubiak said he should play this Thursday.

But really I think they could go with three ILB's with Reed as an emergency guy there if you have two injuries there in one game.

htowntexans1985
08-26-2013, 03:51 PM
Clutts and Roc are most likely on the chopping block.

DX-TEX
08-26-2013, 03:55 PM
Kubiak said in his presser they should release a full list today.

Hervoyel
08-26-2013, 03:58 PM
JJ Watt for sure will be cut. Also Andre Johnson, Brian Cushing, JJo, Duane Brown will be probably cut as well.

Can't believe you think Arian Foster has made this team. He's getting an apple and a road map tomorrow. No doubt about it.

thunderkyss
08-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Mays has been just as good, if not better than Sharpton.

Then we're looking at two different players. Sharpton is like a heat seeking missle, rarely missing tackles & plays behind the LoS where Mays couldn't find it with a map.

I was ok when we signed him. But he's playing much worse than I expected

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Rey
08-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Mays is missing tackles. But he is getting to the ball.

bOODRO87
08-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Brandon Harris, please. I've been rooting for this kid since we drafted him, but he hasn't made any progress. How do you push in the back like that so blatantly? Kid ain't right.

idymoe
08-26-2013, 04:10 PM
i've only watched yesterday's game once, so I'm sure there's a lot I didn't catch.

If Bramon were cut, it would be a big surprise to me. I think he has shown progress in his snaps at lb this pre-season, with pressures and sacks, not to mention being one of the best special teams guys.

Dobbins could be a surprise cut, depending on how much it pissed people off that he missed OTA's. He played quite a bit yest. and didn't show much in my opinion.

Collins was back and did okay, from what I noticed. I thought Davis was solid, again. He always seemed to be around the ball. Mohammed didn't play, but has looked like JAG to me, anyway.

With Tate playing very well, they might let D.K. go and keep D.J. D.J. showed better against the Saints than the first two games. They may feel they can gamble on potential. Graham may make the PS. He has very few attempts, maybe they are trying to hide him.

I'm starting to think that Martin will never be reliable, regardless of how much Schaub says he has confidence in him. I don't know who could take his roster spot, though, unless Bonner gets well real quick. I don't think Lemon could take his spot.

El Tejano
08-26-2013, 04:23 PM
i've only watched yesterday's game once, so I'm sure there's a lot I didn't catch.

If Bramon were cut, it would be a big surprise to me. I think he has shown progress in his snaps at lb this pre-season, with pressures and sacks, not to mention being one of the best special teams guys.

Dobbins could be a surprise cut, depending on how much it pissed people off that he missed OTA's. He played quite a bit yest. and didn't show much in my opinion.

Collins was back and did okay, from what I noticed. I thought Davis was solid, again. He always seemed to be around the ball. Mohammed didn't play, but has looked like JAG to me, anyway.

With Tate playing very well, they might let D.K. go and keep D.J. D.J. showed better against the Saints than the first two games. They may feel they can gamble on potential. Graham may make the PS. He has very few attempts, maybe they are trying to hide him.

I'm starting to think that Martin will never be reliable, regardless of how much Schaub says he has confidence in him. I don't know who could take his roster spot, though, unless Bonner gets well real quick. I don't think Lemon could take his spot.

Lemon has already done more than what Martin has shown.

idymoe
08-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Lemon has already done more than what Martin has shown.

I agree. I think if Lemon were faster, he would have a shot. But I think with Martin's return capabilities, speed and draft investment, they don't cut him for Lemon.

76Texan
08-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Clutts and Roc are most likely on the chopping block.

I'm afraid so.
They aren't bad players; one of them might still make the cut, but it's getting real competitive these days.

76Texan
08-26-2013, 04:37 PM
I agree. I think if Lemon were faster, he would have a shot. But I think with Martin's return capabilities, speed and draft investment, they don't cut him for Lemon.

I agree.
It's getting tougher and tougher, but it's good for the team.

Texn4life
08-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Lemon's a guy who will pass through waivers so you can put him on the PS. He's shown some good things, but not enough to be on the 53 man IMO. Martin will make the team, but he's definitely playing for his spot for next year. Receivers have to be able to catch the ball.

HOU-TEX
08-26-2013, 04:48 PM
I don't think any of the 1st round of cuts will be very surprising. The next cut might hold a few surprises.

IDEXAN
08-26-2013, 05:06 PM
Brandon Harris, please. I've been rooting for this kid since we drafted him, but he hasn't made any progress. How do you push in the back like that so blatantly? Kid ain't right.
With the exception of that bone-head clip that negated Martin's TD punt return, he played well at CB in the game yesterday, certainly better than our top corner, Jonathon Joseph. That flag they thru on him on that long pass was a BS call by the official, Harris made a good play on that ball.

gwallaia
08-26-2013, 05:13 PM
Does Willie Jefferson make the team? He's been playing well.

Texn4life
08-26-2013, 05:14 PM

They played him like a starter yesterday. I think he's pretty much a lock at this point. His improvement has been impressive.

PapaL
08-26-2013, 05:14 PM

They'll be cutting up some steaks! :cow:

PapaL
08-26-2013, 05:16 PM

Braman will be gone before Willie. Jefferson is making the roster.

MidtownMikey
08-26-2013, 05:25 PM
One thing to keep in mind is with Antonio Smith's suspension, he actually doesn't take a roster spot until Sept. 10th.

I read today in Kubaik's quotes that he ends to use that roster spot (why not?). That means expect someone to make the team for the one game (SD Monday Night) only to be cut the next day.

Question is who would that one player be? I could see someone like Eddie Pleasant being a one game rental (especially if Reed isn't ready to go game one), but it could also be an opportunity to sneak a player onto the practice squad slightly easier. That's why I wouldn't be completely surprised if Chris Jones, Tuggle, or Lemon gets the final spot, only to be cut after the first game.

Nawzer
08-26-2013, 05:30 PM
Can't believe you think Arian Foster has made this team. He's getting an apple and a road map tomorrow. No doubt about it.

Arian Foster is a big Hollywood star and an amazing philosopher/fashion mogul. He's most definitely making the team!

steelbtexan
08-26-2013, 05:46 PM
I want us to get a vet corner that can actually push McCain and Harris as well as possibly step in for a starter due to injury.

Bouye nor Roc should be on this team.

^^^^
This

I wish they would go ahead and move B.Reed inside and put Mercilus on the strong side. This would get Jefferson on the field more and shore up the ILB riddle.

hradhak
08-26-2013, 05:56 PM
^^^^
This

I wish they would go ahead and move B.Reed inside and put Mercilus on the strong side. This would get Jefferson on the field more and shore up the ILB riddle.

So in that situation would Reed move over to OLB in the nickel ? We only have one MLB in at the nickel and dime.

I'm not sure that Keo should be on any NFL team, but that being said, he maybe our starter in San Diego if Ed Reed is not ready.

I think Swearinger is coming along, but he's not quite ready to take over as the backup for Ed Reed.

DocBar
08-26-2013, 06:28 PM

Bouye nor Roc should be on this team.Bouye has shown some skills in TC. I'd keep him over Roc any day of the week. He reminds me of a more talented version of Troy Nolan.

Roc is reminding me more and more of a faster version of Matt Stevens.

:shades:

Texan in Japan
08-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Bouye has shown some skills in TC. I'd keep him over Roc any day of the week. He reminds me of a more talented version of Troy Nolan.

Roc is reminding me more and more of a faster version of Matt Stevens.

:shades:

No, Keo is Matt Stevens reincarnate and he's starting! Worst flashbacks than my time in Iraq. :-)

gafftop
08-26-2013, 06:54 PM

Mays and Mohamed are slow. Would not be surprised to see us pick up another LB

phantom17
08-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Keo needs to be kut!

Pollardized
08-26-2013, 07:57 PM

Did Jim Crane buy the Texans too???

DocBar
08-26-2013, 09:22 PM
No, Keo is Matt Stevens reincarnate and he's starting! Worst flashbacks than my time in Iraq. :-)Well played, sir!!! Touche!!:backsout:

TejasTom
08-26-2013, 09:32 PM
Mays is missing tackles. But he is getting to the ball.

You can teach tackling. You can't teach getting to the ball.

Texn4life
08-26-2013, 09:35 PM

Maybe, but I don't know if you can teach a guy who's been in the league this long how to tackle.

SAMURAITEXAN
08-26-2013, 09:36 PM
The Texans placed 11 players on waivers Monday. They must make three more roster moves by Tuesday’s 3 p.m. deadline to reach the required 75.

Offensive players placed on waivers were
QBStephen McGee, RB Ray Graham, TE Adam Schiltz, FB Zach Boren, OT Nick Mondek and OG Bryan Collins.

Defensive players on waivers were
DE Earl Okine, ILB Ja’Gared Davis, ILB Elliot Coffey, CB Travis Howard and P Andrew Shapiro.

The Texans will reduce their roster to 53 and sign eight practice squad players after the last preseason game at Dallas on Thursday night.

Good luck Shapiro. I am sure you will be picked up by other team.

DocBar
08-27-2013, 12:09 AM

You can teach a dog to chase a car, but you can't teach him to drive it. I don't care what google or youtube has to say about it. LOL

The name of his game should be tackling. Take the big play when it's there, but don't miss the everyday play looking for it. Everyday plays have a tendency to turn into big plays when you do that.

badboy
08-27-2013, 03:43 PM
Mays is beginning to remind me of Bradie James and I hope I am wrong. 53 roster + 8 PS + IR should give us most of the significant players. Still hoping to pick up a player or two from other teams final cuts to improve our possibilities.

DocBar
08-27-2013, 05:38 PM
i thought the texans were experimenting with putting brooks reed at ILB, why didnt they try doing that in the preseason and see how he does? it would have given him valuable in game experience at that position. Who knows he might have excelled.

They draft two defensive ends to play outside linebacker plus you have mercilus and willie jefferson is showing promise. i dont know why they didnt give any game reps to brooks for ILB.

that montgomery and travardo williams picks look wasted.Probably due to Merci and Montgomery being injured and Trevardo not exactly lighting it up in TC. The Texans are just as thin at OLB as they are at ILB.

I agree, though. It would've been nice to see. ILB might be a more natural position for BReed.

Brisco_County
08-27-2013, 06:44 PM
It's acceptable for 3rd round picks to not be able to contribute immediately. Not every 1st round pick can do it either.

76Texan
08-27-2013, 06:50 PM
It's acceptable for 3rd round picks to not be able to contribute immediately. Not every 1st round pick can do it either.

Brandon Harris, second round

eriadoc
08-27-2013, 06:55 PM

I disagree. Any player drafted needs to be able to contribute. That doesn't mean start, but at least play in certain situations, get some reps to give the starter a breather, play special teams ... SOMETHING. Obviously, there's a sliding scale with regard to where they were drafted. IMO, a player drafted in the first three rounds should become a starter at some point, or at least a key member of some unit.

Brandon Harris is a bust that they're trying to salvage.

76Texan
08-27-2013, 07:21 PM
I disagree. Any player drafted needs to be able to contribute. That doesn't mean start, but at least play in certain situations, get some reps to give the starter a breather, play special teams ... SOMETHING. Obviously, there's a sliding scale with regard to where they were drafted. IMO, a player drafted in the first three rounds should become a starter at some point, or at least a key member of some unit.

Not according to reality as this study found.

http://datascopeanalytics.com/what-we-think/2012/05/01/the-chance-of-a-bust-in-the-nfl-draft

Your chance of finding a starter toward the end of the second round is about 50%; toward the end of the third, about 30%.

And some of these starters may not be very good.

thunderkyss
08-27-2013, 07:24 PM
I disagree. Any player drafted needs to be able to contribute. That doesn't mean start, but at least play in certain situations, get some reps to give the starter a breather, play special teams ... SOMETHING.

I'm still a fan & thinks he'll find a place soon. He's not going to bump kj or jjo & it wasn't that long ago Wade was calling McCain the best nickle corner in the league. Unfortunately Brandon Harris is going to have to wait 'till someone gets hurt & we'll know then what we've got.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Rey
08-27-2013, 08:06 PM
I like Harris more than McCain. I think Harris will see more snaps this year.

drs23
08-27-2013, 08:15 PM

Likewise. I think "noflyzone" is getting a bad rap in general. That PI he got called on was as bogus as they come. We've all seen bad calls and that was simply another one. Wade's done nothing but heap praise on him and I don't think he does that just to be kind.

I personally haven't been appalled with his play like some others have been. I think he'll turn out worthy of his draft status.

SCOTTexans
08-28-2013, 08:34 AM

Harris may seem to have better ability but the fact that he doesn't learn from his mistakes and keeps getting hit with the same yellow flags i am ready to part ways

But sometimes 3rd season is a Charm....

Sign
KJ

HOU-TEX
08-28-2013, 08:53 AM
Harris has at least proven he's worthy of filling the #3-4 CB position. Who's done anything to take his spot? McCain's had a dismal camp. Bouye? Carmichael?

I haven't been a huge fan of Harris in the past, but he's had a good camp and preseason.

People talking about giving drafted rookies spots on the 53 without doing squat to earn it. Harris shows up everyday and has a good preseason and he shouldn't make the team?

Eh, maybe I'm just missing something. Ha

76Texan
08-28-2013, 09:27 AM

Harris has at least proven he's worthy of filling the #3-4 CB position. Who's done anything to take his spot? McCain's had a dismal camp. Bouye? Carmichael?

I haven't been a huge fan of Harris in the past, but he's had a good camp and preseason.

People talking about giving drafted rookies spots on the 53 without doing squat to earn it. Harris shows up everyday and has a good preseason and he shouldn't make the team?

Eh, maybe I'm just missing something. Ha

It sure looks to me that Harris started to up his game toward the end of last year. I don't know how many more snaps he's going to get this year.
It will probably depend on McCain's play and the health of the other two guys.
Or maybe, we'll see more dime packages than in the past?!

Playoffs
08-28-2013, 09:28 AM
How did our CBs fair this preseason?

How do you think our CBs rated in coverage from best to worst this preseason by ProFootballFocus? Minimum 30 defensive snaps...

A.J. Bouye
Roc Carmichael
Brandon Harris
Kareem Jackson
Johnathan Joseph
Elbert Mack
Brice McCain

badboy
08-28-2013, 09:36 AM

How do you think our CBs rated in coverage from best to worst this preseason by ProFootballFocus? Minimum 30 defensive snaps...

A.J. Bouye
Roc Carmichael
Brandon Harris
Kareem Jackson
Johnathan Joseph
Elbert Mack
Brice McCainInteresting, Roc is only one that surprises me as did not have him rated that good.

Playoffs
08-28-2013, 09:46 AM
Interesting, Roc is only one that surprises me as did not have him rated that good.

That's alphabetical order..... you guess how they ranked. ;)

badboy
08-28-2013, 10:16 AM
That's alphabetical order..... you guess how they ranked. ;)

I saw that and wondered but it did say:

How do you think our CBs rated in coverage from best to worst

Playoffs
08-28-2013, 10:20 AM
I saw that and wondered but it did say:

How do you think our CBs rated in coverage from best to worst

Sorry, added emphasis on "you" in the post.

disaacks3
08-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Likewise. I think "noflyzone" is getting a bad rap in general. That PI he got called on was as bogus as they come. We've all seen bad calls and that was simply another one. Wade's done nothing but heap praise on him and I don't think he does that just to be kind.

I personally haven't been appalled with his play like some others have been. I think he'll turn out worthy of his draft status. Respectfully disagree on the PI, it was in front of me and he mauled the guy. I still think he's salvageable, but he had a BAD day on Sunday.

HOU-TEX
08-28-2013, 10:27 AM

A.J. Bouye
Roc Carmichael
Brandon Harris
Kareem Jackson
Johnathan Joseph
Elbert Mack
Brice McCain

Personally, I think our secondary has been mediocre at best this preseason. JJo appears underwhelmed in the preseason. Almost like he's going half speed. Hopefully that changes in SD

Kareem Jackson
Brandon Harris
A.J. Bouye
Brice McCain
Johnathan Joseph
Elbert Mack
Roc Carmichael

thunderkyss
08-28-2013, 02:35 PM
My guess

Kareem Jackson
Brandon Harris
Johnathan Joseph
A.J. Bouye
Brice McCain
Elbert Mack
Roc Carmichael

76Texan
08-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Personally, I think our secondary has been mediocre at best this preseason. JJo appears underwhelmed in the preseason. Almost like he's going half speed. Hopefully that changes in SD

Kareem Jackson
Brandon Harris
A.J. Bouye
Brice McCain
Johnathan Joseph
Elbert Mack
Roc Carmichael

I'm leaning toward HouTex' take.

The guys at PFF are getting better and better, but they are still constrained by the things they have to record as "stats".
I'm glad that they make more side notes; however, these side notes can't be incorporated into the final stats.

A guy like Bouye; when you watch his high school and college tapes, you can tell that he can do well in man coverage, that he has a decent shot at the next level.
In the evaluation thread, I noted that he was simply a playa.
If you want a guy to play man, he fits the bill.

On the other hand, I was never high on Carmichael.
Bouye was a no name, but I liked his potential plenty.
That is not to say that he will work out, but for an UDFA, he impressed me plenty.

badboy
08-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Sorry, added emphasis on "you" in the post.DOH! I am such a dummy, I still did not read it correctly.

We were being asked to guess how they were ranked...I wondered why you did not post a link you were refering to lol. Sheesh oh well if I were smart I'd be President..or not

Rey
08-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Bouye
Kareem
Harris
Joseph
McCain
Mack
Carmichael

Playoffs
08-28-2013, 04:34 PM

3. Brandon Harris + rating

111. Elbert Mack
168. A.J. Bouye

216. Johnathan Joseph - rating
249. Kareem Jackson - rating
258. Brice McCain - rating
268. Roc Carmichael - rating

Out of 275 total, no minimum snaps requirement.

It's preseason, and I'm not sold yet that sample size doesn't impact ratings somewhat. The above had at least 30 defensive snaps each -- pretty low number. So for me just a general reference, but there it is fwiw.

DOH! I am such a dummy, I still did not read it correctly...My post was not clear...I did not emaphasize "you" until after you brought it up.

drs23
08-28-2013, 04:58 PM
3. Brandon Harris + rating

111. Elbert Mack
168. A.J. Bouye

216. Johnathan Joseph - rating
249. Kareem Jackson - rating
258. Brice McCain - rating
268. Roc Carmichael - rating

Out of 275 total, no minimum snaps requirement.

It's preseason, and I'm not sold yet that sample size doesn't impact ratings somewhat. The above had at least 30 defensive snaps each -- pretty low number. So for me just a general reference, but there it is fwiw.

My post was not clear...I did not emaphasize "you" until after you brought it up.

Great topic but this thread sure took a header off the tracks, i.e. TEXANS CUTS TOMORROW. :foottap:

Jist funnin'. :winky:

GO #26!

Wolf
08-28-2013, 08:01 PM
I can't rank them. It depended on who they are matched up against.

Dread-Head
08-29-2013, 09:02 AM
Me and Bill got cut from the roster AGAIN?! DAMN!

GuerillaBlack
08-29-2013, 09:47 AM
The Texans placed 11 players on waivers Monday. They must make three more roster moves by Tuesday’s 3 p.m. deadline to reach the required 75.

Offensive players placed on waivers were
QBStephen McGee, RB Ray Graham, TE Adam Schiltz, FB Zach Boren, OT Nick Mondek and OG Bryan Collins.

Defensive players on waivers were
DE Earl Okine, ILB Ja’Gared Davis, ILB Elliot Coffey, CB Travis Howard and P Andrew Shapiro.

The Texans will reduce their roster to 53 and sign eight practice squad players after the last preseason game at Dallas on Thursday night.

Good luck Shapiro. I am sure you will be picked up by other team.

Yeah Shapiro was good. Texans were stacked at punter. Long gone are the days of Chad Stanley.

TheRealJoker
08-29-2013, 10:39 AM
What is the deal with Bonner our 6th round WR? He was a highlight of OTAs but I guess got injured in training camp and nothing else has been said. Is he on IR?

deucetx
08-29-2013, 10:57 AM
What is the deal with Bonner our 6th round WR? He was a highlight of OTAs but I guess got injured in training camp and nothing else has been said. Is he on IR?

Not that I am aware. Still nursing the hamstring last I heard. Wanted to see the kid in the slot because the more I see of Martin the more I think he's going to need another year or two to develop....if at all. It would be nice if we get the advantage in the slot like other teams had against us. Luckily, Posey is back and that might be what we need. Guessing Bonner is practice squad bound.

The thing I like about Brandon Harris is he has actually showed improvement of some sort. Roc hasn't given us anything. Great camp I hear but when the lights came on, he turned off. Harris stepped his game up when the chance came upon him. He's aggressive at corner which I like as well and as we saw is capable of backing up at safety as needed. Nothing wrong with some versatility.

Playoffs
08-29-2013, 11:10 AM

I think absolutely.

Note that Kubiak played a joke on Willie & DQuess at the Texans luncheon, telling them to prepare a speech to give to the huge crowd... then called them to stand up and said he was kidding about the speech. To me -- and probably only me -- I don't think Kubes does that to someone he's thinking about cutting.

We'll see, but my money's on him staying/playing.

CloakNNNdagger
08-29-2013, 11:22 AM
i think absolutely.

Note that kubiak played a joke on willie & dquess at the texans luncheon, telling them to prepare a speech to give to the huge crowd... Then called them to stand up and said he was kidding about the speech. To me -- and probably only me -- i don't think kubes does that to someone he's thinking about cutting.

We'll see, but my money's on him staying/playing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this

thunderkyss
08-29-2013, 12:03 PM
Yeah Shapiro was good. Texans were stacked at punter. Long gone are the days of Chad Stanley.

I remember one of the first games I attended, sitting way up in 608... row M

Some of the crowd was giving the Stanley the what for, & he was pretty mean about it. A 4 year old (4-6 I think) wearing a Chad Stanley jersey, turned around & told the guy to leave Chad Stanley alone, that he was his favorite player & he loved Chad Stanley... he went on for few minutes about how great Chad Stanley was. No tears. Not a crack in his voice. & he meant serious business.

The guy was just having fun, voicing the frustration of many a Texans fan. He was cool about it & apologized to the boy. Funniest thing I ever saw.

I thought the kid must have been a relative or something... who follows a punter?

But everyone around him was patting him on the back & telling him he did a good job & that he was a great fan..... the boy & his people were smiling.... pretty proud of that moment.