PDA

View Full Version : Pre-season 8/25/2013, Game 3 vs Saints + Top 5 things you are interested in seeing?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rey
08-23-2013, 02:16 PM
1) Offensive production vs. a questionable Saints defense

2) Pass defense vs Brees

3) Special teams vs Sproles

4) OLB's. It's getting close to real action. This is the last action almost all starters will see. Something needs to shake loose with the OLB's opposite Reed. Mercilus needs to step up or one of the other guys. Then the depth needs to play itself out.

5) I want to see how Swearinger plays after last week's unfortunate play. I don't want to see any hesitancy when going to make contact with ball carriers.

The Pencil Neck
08-23-2013, 02:25 PM
1) QBs -- I want all of these guys to be on top of their games and competing.

2) OL -- The Saints have a good front. They've gotten 11 sacks so far in 2 preseason games. I want to see how we deal with it.

3) OLB -- I want to see some guys step up. I've got a feeling we're about to get a slew of OLB draft picks suddenly get injured and end up on IR because the UDFAs are outperforming them.

4) WRs -- I just want to see Martin and Jean continue to improve.

5) DBs -- Brees is a monster. Hopefully, we sack Brees so it doesn't become a true test for our DBs but... knowing Brees... this is going to be a good test of our secondary.

76Texan
08-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Much of the same.
LG, #3 RB, OLBs, backup CBs.

Playoffs
08-23-2013, 02:31 PM
1) Quessenberry, Jones, Brooks -- Quess all around, Jones & Brooks run blocking

2) JJoe and Brice McCain -- need to see better coverage

3) Can Willie disengage?

4) Mays vs. Sharpton

5) Can Bouye hang against Brees & Co.?

Thorn
08-23-2013, 02:37 PM
I would imagine the starters will play most of the 1st half. So I'm interested in everything all of them do. It will say a lot about how we are prepared for the season.

In particular I am interested in how the D responds to the Saints offense, which is a good one and a damn fine QB.

I want to see Schaub and the O line perform very well. Any sloppiness on their part is going to result in multiple pissy posts by me. LOL

Rey
08-23-2013, 02:38 PM
5) Can Bouye hang against Brees & Co.?

Are we missing a corner? Serious question because I don't remember hearing about any injuries...And Bouye probably doesn't play against Brees unless there's an injury...

If there isn't an injury...Congratulations Play-offs...You just jinxed us...:king:

Rey
08-23-2013, 02:40 PM
2) OL -- The Saints have a good front. They've gotten 11 sacks so far in 2 preseason games. I want to see how we deal with it.

Good info. I did not know that.

HOU-TEX
08-23-2013, 02:41 PM
Same as last week, really

I'd like to see Quessenberry get time with the one's. Re-watched last weeks game again and was even more impressed than originally.

OLBs

badboy
08-23-2013, 03:58 PM
1. Special teams 2. LG & RT 3. Mays & Sharpton 4. Jean & Martin 5. A. Smith's replacement

RazorOye
08-23-2013, 04:03 PM
I'm not around as much anymore - just wanna say good luck and the customary wish for no injuries.

Good info. I did not know that.

We've had really inspired play from Cam Jordan, Akiem Hicks, Tyrunn Walker, and Glenn Foster. Relative unknowns, aside from Jordan. They have looked amazing in camp and in games, generating pressure from just the front 3. How long that lasts and how legitimate re: regular season, who knows. But it's exciting as a Saints fan considering what we witnessed last season.

Rey
08-23-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm not around as much anymore - just wanna say good luck and the customary wish for no injuries.

We've had really inspired play from Cam Jordan, Akiem Hicks, Tyrunn Walker, and Glenn Foster. Relative unknowns, aside from Jordan. They have looked amazing in camp and in games, generating pressure from just the front 3. How long that lasts and how legitimate re: regular season, who knows. But it's exciting as a Saints fan considering what we witnessed last season.

Hicks is a guy that I wanted...Glad to hear he's doing well...

RazorOye
08-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Hicks is a guy that I wanted...Glad to hear he's doing well...

he's been terrific

he was stout last year, raw as he was.

A couple of Saints beat writers have said that while Jordan is our best defensive player, Hicks has the biggest upside. He really made veterans look foolish last year. He's improved and I'm excited to see how he makes the transition from tackle to end.

Oh, and Jenkins, a DL rookie along with Foster (UDFA), has been giving OL fits, eating up double teams and generating backfield pressure.

The defensive front has me as excited about the Saints DL as I've seen in a while.

A real test this weekend, though.

We'll see. Reasons for optimism, though. And that's a welcome change to the mess last year

CloakNNNdagger
08-24-2013, 03:27 PM
New Orleans Saints defense's focus for Houston Texans two-fold (http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/08/focus_for_new_orleans_saints_d.html)

The Saints will be focusing on their run defense and their pass rush. They are 2nd in the preseason in total defense and their rookie DE has had 3 sacks already...........although, they did play the ghost of the Raiders last game. The Saints' new 3-4 D is going to probably be a decent challenge for Schaub in particular.

CloakNNNdagger
08-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Expect more pressure on Schaub.

Nothing he won't do (http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/08/mad_scientist_rob_ryan_will_co.html)

[Rob] Ryan's current and former players, his coaching colleagues and scouting analysts from around the league all are in agreement that his scheme's most recognizable tendency is that he doesn't have a recognizable tendency.

There's no simple formula he has relied on throughout his 16 years in the NFL and 11 years in the college ranks.

"I think first of all, it's very multiple," Saints safety Jim Leonhard said. "It's not a system where it's, 'This is who we are, this is all we do,' like a Tampa 2 kind of system. He's very flexible."

"A lot of different variations," Saints guard Ben Grubbs said.

Payton said preparing to face Ryan's defenses always required the Saints' offense to spend extra time going over multiple looks in walk-through sessions during the practice week.

"A lot of time and detail in covering how you handle each defensive look," Payton said. "Typically, he will do a good job of trying to take away what he thinks you do well. And (you need to understand) that he's going to pay attention to who is going to get the ball on third down, where you go in the red zone, what type of runs you want to run. And you just need to self-scout and make sure there are no heavy tendencies."

We've already seen that multiplicity from Ryan's defense throughout this summer.

He often uses four safeties on the field at once in his nickel and dime packages -- sometimes removing the defensive tackle and an inside linebacker, but other times replacing an end or outside linebacker.

It's not uncommon to see just one lineman on the field, with his hand on the ground, or none at all.

A stat by the Football Outsiders scouting service illustrates Ryan's elusive tendencies.

Although he's known as an aggressive, attacking blitzer (his Browns led the NFL in rushing five players or more in 2010), Ryan's defenses have also ranked first or second in the NFL in sending only three rushers or less at the quarterback in each of the past three years.

"He'll rush three and drop eight a lot," Fujita said. "But the way that you're rushing, three might even look like a blitz."

"Ryan might have the widest array of schematic wrinkles in all of football," said Andy Benoit, who analyzes the NFL for the Football Outsiders scouting service and Sports Illustrated, among other outlets. "Really there's nothing he won't do."

hradhak
08-24-2013, 05:12 PM
1) Our secondary needs to step up. I've been underwhelmed with JJo and Manning this year
2) Right side of the offensive line
3) OLB play needs to step up with Antonio out.
4) Differentiation in the RB play. So far I don't see much difference between Tate and the rest. This is a team that plays 3 RBs through the season, but maybe not in the same game. Foster and Tate are on the team, so who's going to be the clear #3
5) A kick return that goes beyond the 20. Have we had one yet?

DX-TEX
08-24-2013, 05:51 PM
OLB. Only area I have a HUGE concern.

This unit will either make or break this year.

CeeQue
08-24-2013, 06:21 PM
1. No injuries
2. NO injuries
3. no INJURIES
4. no injuries
5. NO INJURIES

TejasTom
08-24-2013, 08:48 PM
1. No injuries
2. NO injuries
3. no INJURIES
4. no injuries
5. NO INJURIES

What are you trying to say?

Showtime100
08-24-2013, 09:26 PM
I would imagine the starters will play most of the 1st half. So I'm interested in everything all of them do. It will say a lot about how we are prepared for the season.

In particular I am interested in how the D responds to the Saints offense, which is a good one and a damn fine QB.

I want to see Schaub and the O line perform very well. Any sloppiness on their part is going to result in multiple pissy posts by me. LOL

+1. You rang the bell with that one, especially Schaub. http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons/wrhammer.gif

CloakNNNdagger
08-24-2013, 10:02 PM
+1. You rang the bell with that one, especially Schaub. http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons/wrhammer.gif

Expect lots of company.

thunderkyss
08-24-2013, 10:04 PM
The defensive front has me as excited about the Saints DL as I've seen in a while.

A real test this weekend, though.

Don't put too much stock in what you see this weekend. We've yet to see the OL play we've gotten accustomed to.

We're sure Duane Brown, Chris Myers, Brandon Brooks, & Derek Newton will be starters... not sure what's going on at LG yet.

Newton doesn't look ready to play, don't know what he's doing out there. IMO Brooks hadn't "meshed" yet with Myers & Newton (& Newton's injury may be part of that)..... & my man DB76... it's as if he knows these games don't count & he hasn't got "that" focus yet.

Pass pro has been... meh & run blocking hasn't been any better. Your guys will probably look like monsters, pro bowlers all around, but you should take it with a grain of salt.

Unless you see us man handling you. If this bunch of guys are manhandling your DL Sunday, you've got serious, serious issues.

ObsiWan
08-25-2013, 04:54 AM
Expect lots of company.

I'll be banging the pi$$y drum if we start off slow again.
:ant:

TejasTom
08-25-2013, 07:32 AM
We're the only game at the time.

Expect Schaub to fold like a cheap card table.

CloakNNNdagger
08-25-2013, 08:20 AM
Looks like both sides are taking this game as a game that will answer many questions about their respective respective seasons. Good look into how the Saints intend to approach this game.

New Orleans Saints' starters taking dress rehearsal vs. Houston seriously (http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/08/new_orleans_saints_starters_ta.html)

Malloy
08-25-2013, 08:31 AM
I know it sounds wierd, but I want to see Schaubs mobility.

Yeah I know... he's not going all Vick on us, but I would like him to show SOME movement on the pocket or on play actions, just enough to indicate that on a good day, with the Wind in his back, going downhill, he would be able to run the bal for 3-4 yards.

Other than that, OL & ST... and no injuries :)

Lucky
08-25-2013, 08:36 AM
You might want to get a time lapse camera. Just saying.

thunderkyss
08-25-2013, 09:09 AM

Yeah I know... he's not going all Vick on us, but I would like him to show SOME movement on the pocket or on play actions, just enough to indicate that on a good day, with the Wind in his back, going downhill, he would be able to run the bal for 3-4 yards.

I think Matt's mobility today is irrelevant & has no bearing on what we really want to know.

We know his mobility through the first twelve games was good enough to perform like we expected him to. Regardless how "mobile" Matt is today, we don't know how that will hold up as the season goes on. Can he be "Matt" through 16 games? 12 games? 10 games? 8?

Lucky
08-25-2013, 09:36 AM
I think Matt's mobility today is irrelevant...
And if it's not irrelevant, it's certainly oxymoronic.

Malloy
08-25-2013, 09:58 AM
I think Matt's mobility today is irrelevant & has no bearing on what we really want to know.

We know his mobility through the first twelve games was good enough to perform like we expected him to. Regardless how "mobile" Matt is today, we don't know how that will hold up as the season goes on. Can he be "Matt" through 16 games? 12 games? 10 games? 8?

And that goes for any position and every player...

CloakNNNdagger
08-25-2013, 10:51 AM
What ya complaining about............I'm making ya "mobile," ain't I?

http://www.straightdope.com/images/art/2008/dope_081114_cement.gif

The Pencil Neck
08-25-2013, 11:47 AM

Last pre-season game:

(4:33) 8-M.Schaub pass short right to 18-L.Jean to MIA 15 for 19 yards (56-J.Freeny).

He dropped back and then left the pocket to his right and made the throw on the run. If he hadn't been looking downfield, he could have run and gotten several yards.

CloakNNNdagger
08-25-2013, 12:25 PM
From the Times-Picayune..........more of a review of the development of the 3-4 Wade D.

Houston Texans' success in 3-4 defense a model for New Orleans Saints (http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/08/houston_texans_made_dramatic_i.html)

Rey
08-25-2013, 12:51 PM
There's really nothing I'm looking for from Matt. I pretty much have a good idea what he brings to the table for a chunk of the season. Matt just needs to stay healthy and get his mind right.

htownfan32
08-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Just what if the 2010 2-minute Matt Schaub comes back?

Yeah, I know, I should stop drinking the :koolaid:, but still. What if?

CloakNNNdagger
08-25-2013, 01:20 PM
Just what if the 2010 2-minute Matt Schaub comes back?

Yeah, I know, I should stop drinking the :koolaid:, but still. What if?

It ain't no koolaid you've been drinkin':kitten:

Playoffs
08-25-2013, 01:35 PM
JJ Watt wants to play QB now...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSiLdvGCUAA1ozM.jpg

Little preview video to get your juices flowing: http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Trailer-Saints-at-Texans/4a7bd14e-340b-4491-8ab3-7a5cdea0a622

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Ben Jones starts for Wade Smith. Lestar Jean starts for Hopkins. Ben Tate starts for Arian Foster. #TexansTalk

Willie Jefferson will start for Mercilus. Jared Crick and Tim Jamison are the starting defensive ends for Watt and Smith. #TexansTalk

Hopkins, Posey, Bonner, Reed, Pleasant, Mercilus, Hunter, W. Smith and A. Smith are out for #Texans.

Brandon420tx
08-25-2013, 02:01 PM
Damnit Bonner, better make that IR or Practice Squad

Playoffs
08-25-2013, 02:23 PM
PDS ‏@PatDStat
Shane Lechler looks like the will be a go today. Dropping the hammer in pregame. #Texans

SAMURAITEXAN
08-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Let's go Texans!!!

srrono
08-25-2013, 03:13 PM
NO new Def doesn't know who AJ is lol

SAMURAITEXAN
08-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Starting fast!

Tailgate
08-25-2013, 03:14 PM
I really wish everyone would wear the Andre Johnson kicks. Unis look so much better with them.

SAMURAITEXAN
08-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Damn, tipped.

srrono
Great punt placement there

SAMURAITEXAN
Nice punt

CloakNNNdagger
Can't beieve how wide open the receiver was. Schaub could have just side-stepped and lobbed it.

legacy_gt

some movement....that's all you'll ever see.

mariowillshine15
08-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Swearinger and Jefferon with great pressure. What a return by Martin that doesn't count.

speedfreek
Honestly,

How hard is it not to block in the back? I mean really.
If you're going to do it, don't do it right in front of the
returner _AND_ the ref..

TJ

CloakNNNdagger
PENALTY!!!!!!!! block in the back

Wolf
Easy flipping call

WolverineFan
08-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Horrible job by Harris there. Guy beat him clean. Just let him go.

legacy_gt
nice run...

CretorFrigg
This is why keshawn martin should return punts.

Secondly, fire Joe Marciano.

SAMURAITEXAN
Damn, it was nice return by Martin.

msbbc833
08-25-2013, 03:22 PM
willie jefferson just made the team with that near sack

CloakNNNdagger
Honestly,

How hard is it not to block in the back? I mean really.
If you're going to do it, don't do it right in front of the
returner _AND_ the ref..

TJ

When you're taking bad angles and always ending up behind, you can only block in the back.

HTown2ATX
Joe Marciano = FAP FAP FAP

:gun:

speedfreek
I'm starting to believe our ST coach has no sack. I mean, really,
how hard would it be to tell the next player that does this he
will ride the pine.

This seemed to happen on every punt last year, and this year
it's started again..

TJ

PENALTY!!!!!!!! block in the back

mariowillshine15
This is why keshawn martin should return punts.

Secondly, fire Joe Marciano.

Amazing how much better he is at returning punts than kickoffs

SCOTTexans
08-25-2013, 03:23 PM
Let's go rookies. They started out looking good

Austrian
08-25-2013, 03:23 PM
If I'd get 10$ for everey illegal block in the back by the Texans i'd make my living.

speedfreek
08-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Man, best run of the preseason by Tate.

TJ

legacy_gt
running game like this makes us unstoppable

Wolf
Ben F'ing Tate finally

SAMURAITEXAN
08-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Nice run Ben!!!

legacy_gt
08-25-2013, 03:25 PM
uh oh, red zone coming up lol

Rey
08-25-2013, 03:26 PM
Lechler is going to be a huge asset this season.

speedfreek
D.J. Karim -- NICE!!

When Yates comes in, it will be TayJee Yates..

ha ha,
T

htowntexans1985
So many play makers on offense. If only schaub can keep it together!!!

Rey
Why is Brian bilick better than our local guys?

SAMURAITEXAN
08-25-2013, 03:27 PM
Man, Ben is doing it today.

SAMURAITEXAN
08-25-2013, 03:28 PM
This is where Jones needs to earn his money.

legacy_gt
08-25-2013, 03:29 PM
ben, welcome back!

dalemurphy
Why is Brian bilick better than our local guys?

Same reason the mute button is better

SAMURAITEXAN
TD! A great drive by Texans!

speedfreek
08-25-2013, 03:30 PM
This offense is so much more potent when it's balanced
with effective run.

I just wish Gary would throw a little "hurry up" in there
from time to time. Just to catch people with bad personel
on the field.

Still, good job Tate!

TJ

SCOTTexans
08-25-2013, 03:31 PM
This is where Jones needs to earn his money.

He earning it. Hes been knocking the linebackers out of the play every one

Rey
08-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Looks like bullocks going to be fine on kick offs.

dalemurphy
08-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Online looks good... Greg jones sure helps at fullback. Did you see newton sprinting downfield on the long run? Fast! He looks pretty healthy. Hopefully, rust has been his problem early in camp.

SAMURAITEXAN
08-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Nice kick. No chance to return and this is the way I like it.

EllisUnit
08-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Our dline looks soft with no Watt or Smith !!!

dc_txtech
08-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Joe Mays just destroyed that FB!

EllisUnit
08-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Our dline looks soft with no Watt or Smith !!!

spoke to soon ???

Xcellerator
Jared Crick looking good!

EllisUnit
guess i need to speak to soon more often haha

OzzO
Crick sportin the Watt brace and sacking like a Watt.

srrono
08-25-2013, 03:37 PM
Crick laying the Lick on Brees!

htowntexans1985
Jj watt Jr with the sack!!!

ATXtexanfan
How bout crick

legacy_gt
Texans football hard to beat when we run and our defense puts the pressure.

SAMURAITEXAN
Crick!!!

htowntexans1985
08-25-2013, 03:40 PM
Tate running pissed off!!

srrono
08-25-2013, 03:40 PM
Ok time for AJ to take a seat.

legacy_gt
08-25-2013, 03:42 PM
schaubs velocity looks good.

Pantherstang84
08-25-2013, 03:42 PM
The offense is ready. Sit em.

Texn4life
08-25-2013, 03:43 PM

If we score a TD here I'd really consider it.

srrono
Rob may be fired before half time lol

SAMURAITEXAN
Man, Ben is having a great day so far.

EllisUnit
08-25-2013, 03:44 PM

yeah if first string scores here i agree, sit em the rest of the game.

OzzO
08-25-2013, 03:46 PM
let's not kill OD in preseason, shall we Schaub? kthnx

htowntexans1985
Peter King @SI_PeterKing

Enjoy Ben Tate while you can, Texan fans.
Big-$ RBs are out of fashion, but
someone's going to make Tate, 25, a rich
man in '14 free-agency.

CloakNNNdagger
Schaubs gonna get someone killed

legacy_gt
cmon schaub

EllisUnit
08-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Well Newton just got pushed around

legacy_gt
08-25-2013, 03:48 PM
randy from downtown!

SCOTTexans
No flag for helmet contact on schaub....

Pantherstang84

Like a tackling sled.

Uncle Rico
Derek Newton beaten like a drum on the sack. Yikes!

WolverineFan
08-25-2013, 03:49 PM
How is Ryan Harris not the starting RT at this point?

SAMURAITEXAN
RT position really concerns me.

CloakNNNdagger
cmon schaub

Newton showed no lateral movement and Schaub showed even less.

EllisUnit
08-25-2013, 03:50 PM
How is Ryan Harris not the starting RT at this point?

Cause Newton is a draft pick

EllisUnit
08-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Newton showed no lateral movement and Schaub showed even less.

Thats what Schaub has always shown....

Pantherstang84
08-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Bullock will save Uncle Joe's job this year.

SAMURAITEXAN
Another nice kick.

CloakNNNdagger
No flag for helmet contact on schaub....

That's because all of the hits to Schaub were strictly to the mid chest.

legacy_gt
08-25-2013, 03:52 PM
goodness...

Tailgate
Ok, I have seen enough of AJ. On the bench he goes please.

EllisUnit
i guess we finally see the mays bad tackling....

Wolf
Mays got taken out

NCTexan
08-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Dammit Mays. Just tackle.

OzzO
wait... so we tackle ourselves now Keo?

Rey
Wtf is mays and keo doing? They look like clowns.

mariowillshine15
Joe Mays misses the tackle then takes out Keo falling down. Ugh

CloakNNNdagger
Do we get a credit for a tackle???????????

Pantherstang84
That was ugly.

legacy_gt
nice stripped ball mays...

SCOTTexans
08-25-2013, 03:54 PM
That's because all of the hits to Schaub were strictly to the mid chest.

There was clear helmet to helmet on the sack Newton gave up... You could see schaubs head rattling in the replay of it

dc_txtech
Keo whiffs on the tackle and then runs right into Joe Mays' knee. Good job guy.

WolverineFan
For as good as this defense has been recently, we still cannot cover RB's and we continually get shredded in the screen game.

Also, hopefully we can keep Mays and Keo off the field when the real games start.

Rey
I want to see Quess get some RT reps. I like him better as a tackle anyways.

cstyle42
08-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Lol Keo what a bunch of hype.

srrono
08-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Mays KEO!:toropalm:

Rey
08-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Dang her nose is jacked

CloakNNNdagger
There was clear helmet to helmet on the sack Newton gave up... You could see schaubs head rattling in the replay of it

I've replayed abd zoomed it and there was NO helmet contact.

mariowillshine15
Lol Keo what a bunch of hype.

He has great instincts. Makes the wrong play at the wrong time better than anyone.

Goodwrench3
Keo is horrible

Pantherstang84
That was helmet to helmet

BullBlitz
08-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Well that was a good run by Thomas too.

Lady.Gaga.3000
08-25-2013, 03:57 PM
This board has collectively agreed that Keo has sucked for the past few years and yet we will see him out in some 3 safety sets in the regular season.

:wadepalm:

mariowillshine15
08-25-2013, 03:58 PM
That's wrong Andre don't do that man like that.

Rey
08-25-2013, 03:59 PM
Dirty hit by the saints. DB went straight for Dre's knee.

:rolleyes:

srrono
OK now take AJ out of the game PLEASE!

EllisUnit
Schaub trying to scramble LMAO

mariowillshine15
Watching Schaub shuffle his legs to try to build up his speed from 0 to 0 is hilarious.

BullBlitz
Schaub is so slow. Looks like he's running in place.

legacy_gt
08-25-2013, 04:00 PM
AJ needs to rest...

SAMURAITEXAN
Nice AJ! But I want to see other WR getting involve.

Rey
Vacaro with a dirty hit on Tate.

CloakNNNdagger
Have you noticed that Schaubs feet look like their moving and he seems to be going nowhere fast?

EllisUnit
08-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Martin was the best option there ????? :kitten:

2012Champs

You are ignoring it or closing your eyes. It was clearly there but not the initial point of contact

Rey
I'm liking randy.

legacy_gt
2 treys for randy!

Texn4life
Damn Bullock!

mariowillshine15
We now have a kicker who can kick farther than 40 yards. Thank goodness.

BullBlitz
Have you noticed that Schaubs feet look like their moving and he seems to be going nowhere fast?

Kind of like a cartoon.

infantrycak

Sorry Jean but you can see the contact and it rotates the helmet on Schaub's head. As we have talked about before as well, his head does not snap forward (an ordinary path) it goes away from the hit (indicating impact).

Now I don't think that should be a flag but it is supposed to be.

Wolf
08-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Nice kick

EVOLVIST
Who says Nuk would have caught that ball?

srrono
Wow Bullock I see ya bro

OzzO
Dang 55 yards. I hope this doesn't translate "FGs for TDs" in the regular season.

Goodwrench3
What a kick

SAMURAITEXAN
55 yrds! Nice FG.

Rey

Going to be a long year if anytime a defender gets pressure it results in a sack.

mariowillshine15
Dang 55 yards. I hope this doesn't translate "FGs for TDs" in the regular season.

That's our new 3rd and long draw go to play.

WolverineFan
08-25-2013, 04:03 PM
This board has collectively agreed that Keo has sucked for the past few years and yet we will see him out in some 3 safety sets in the regular season.

:wadepalm:

Won't have to see him if Reed can actually get on the field at some point this year.

welsh texan
08-25-2013, 04:03 PM
Hi guys life's been busy over the offseason but checking back in as we move towards the real thing!

It looks as if the passing game is fairly productive so far, the line is still a concern, and Schaub playing the odd hospital ball doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy but we look capable of openning it up.

On D that TD was ugly and I'm worried that Keo will start openning day, I can understand them limiting Swearinger to a significant #3 role for Reed to come back but damn... Scared if that doesn't happen.

legacy_gt
08-25-2013, 04:04 PM
lets see our defense step up

HouTx11
08-25-2013, 04:05 PM
I have no concerns at K.

Rey
Decent job by Willie there.

SCOTTexans
You are ignoring it or closing your eyes. It was clearly there but not the initial point of contact

He needs to fix that zoom button...

CloakNNNdagger
08-25-2013, 04:06 PM

It was incidental minor after initial contact to the chest. They're not going to call that.

srrono
Eagles just cut Kenny Phillips (26yrs old) go get him Rick

mariowillshine15
Eagles just cut Kenny Phillips (26yrs old) go get him Rick

If he can't play on that crap defense how is he going to play here?

CloakNNNdagger
08-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Going to be a long year if anytime a defender gets pressure it results in a sack.

Hm......another one

BullBlitz
08-25-2013, 04:08 PM
It was incidental minor after initial contact to the chest. They're not going to call that.

Agree. That's why they didn't call it.

EllisUnit
come on 1st string D, cant ya stop their back up ?

Uncle Rico
Brees is carving up the defense like a turkey dinner.

srrono
If he can't play on that crap defense how is he going to play here?

Philips can play with both arms tied behind his back and still out tackle Keo.

Texn4life
08-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Cushing wasn't moving very well on that play. Probably still couldn't cover Sproles before his injury.

SCOTTexans
08-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Agree. That's why they didn't call it.

Schaub tried for it by grabbing his helmet after the play. Worth a shot

mariowillshine15
08-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Philips can play with both arms tied behind his back and still out tackle Keo.

True that.

EllisUnit
08-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Brees is carving up the defense like a turkey dinner.

Thats not brees :kitten:

CloakNNNdagger
08-25-2013, 04:12 PM
"Not a lot of WIND???"

The announcers still suck!

SAMURAITEXAN
08-25-2013, 04:13 PM
With our kicker and punter, our SP stats will improve and Joe's job is secured for a while.

Rey
08-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Lestar was wide open there.

Rey
08-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Yuck.

EllisUnit
Schaubs vision is just outstanding :mcnugget:

CloakNNNdagger
With our kicker and punter, our SP stats will improve and Joe's job is secured for a while.

Joe will still manage to teach his players how to block in the back...............cause he's a great teacher, you know?

Lady.Gaga.3000
Did schaub just stare down a receiver in double coverage

EllisUnit
Well well MArtin !

NCTexan
Martin should've had that.

legacy_gt
08-25-2013, 04:16 PM
there were two guys covering really tight....why throw there?

Uncle Rico
Thats not brees :kitten:

Oh.

Even worse.

And as I type, Martin lets the ball hit his pads and BOIIING! Geez.

2012Champs

That doesn't mean the contact did not exist. But you've looked at it many times and there was no head contact right?

SCOTTexans
08-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Wow a special teams flag that's not on us...

CloakNNNdagger
08-25-2013, 04:17 PM
there were two guys covering really tight....why throw there?

Because I have the ball.

Rey
08-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Willie is getting good pressure.

ATXtexanfan
Martin doesnt have it at this level

Playoffs
69 yard carry on that punt.

Shyte, Earl's down.

OzzO
Crap Mitchell is down. Perhaps just sucking wind

CloakNNNdagger
That doesn't mean the contact did not exist. But you've looked at it many times and there was no head contact right?

I just told you what I saw as relates to a penalty.

dc_txtech
08-25-2013, 04:19 PM
Crap Mitchell is down. Perhaps just sucking wind

Hopefully so, he has been great this preseason.

WolverineFan
Don't scare me like that Earl...

Goodwrench3
That secondary.....

EllisUnit
WOW mays with the tackle....

OzzO
Mays staying with the tackle on that one.

phantom17
08-25-2013, 04:20 PM
K martin just plain suck today!

dc_txtech
08-25-2013, 04:20 PM
Nice tackle by Mays.

Brisco_County
08-25-2013, 04:21 PM
Willie Jefferson is looking outstanding. Can't wait to see this guy in year 2.

Rey
Wow.

CloakNNNdagger
neutral zone.....we had too many last year.

EllisUnit
Wow their second string is making our Defense look bad !

Rey
What a throw and catch. Wow.

Uncle Rico
08-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Their 2's are outplaying our 1's right now

2012Champs
I just told you what I saw as relates to a penalty.

When you said there was "no helmet contact" I didn't catch the footnote that you were talking about penalties only and not just contact

OzzO
Dang, crazy good catch. I thought for sure KJax blocked that one.

EllisUnit
their 2's are outplaying our 1's right now

yep !!!!

CloakNNNdagger
Wow.

And Karim covered his man as tight as you can get it.

Playoffs
Kenny Stills is good.

htowntexans1985
08-25-2013, 04:24 PM
Crispy Kareem!!

Malloy
08-25-2013, 04:24 PM
And Karim covered his man as tight as you can get it.

Sometimes there's nothing to do about it. Perfect job by the WR there, beautiful play :)

Rey
08-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Swearinger needs to be in over keo.

htowntexans1985
Obviously tackling isn't in our forte

CloakNNNdagger
When you said there was "no helmet contact" I didn't catch the footnote that you were talking about penalties only and not just contact

And that's fair criticism, it could have been a longer and more definitive post..........I was trying to get back to watching the game.

Rey
08-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Is sharpton hurt? Or is dobbins ahead of him?

dc_txtech
08-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Kenny Stills is good.

Just beat J JO for an easy TD.

Brisco_County
In the regular season, the way to beat the Saints is in a shootout.

OzzO
Really JJo?

Rey
Sad.

Uncle Rico
Goodness. What will be the positives that the defense will take away from this game? Quite ugly.

ATXtexanfan
Brees who

HouTx11
I am now worried about our secondary.

Texn4life
08-25-2013, 04:28 PM
If JJo is gonna give that kind of effort just get him out of the game.

Goodwrench3
McCown's making a party in our defense

EllisUnit
In a regular season, the way to beat the Saints is in a shootout.

With out 1st string against their 2nd string ?

ATXtexanfan
Lets see schaub,late in first half

Uncle Rico
08-25-2013, 04:29 PM
If McCown is doing this to the defense, imagine what Chase Daniels would have done.

Rey
Good opportunity for the offense here.

WolverineFan
It's hard to judge the secondary when our best pass rushers are sitting on the bench.

That said, both KJ and Joseph got burnt on that drive by the Saints backup QB.

Rey
08-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Matt. Move your fuccin feet.

mariowillshine15
It's hard to judge the secondary when our best pass rushers are sitting on the bench.

Kareem played that play great. Joseph looked like he didn't give a darn

EllisUnit
Matt. Move your fuccin feet.

:kitten: He was

Texn4life
08-25-2013, 04:31 PM

I don't share your definition of burnt in football.

EVOLVIST
08-25-2013, 04:32 PM

I wouldn't say KJ got burnt. He had tight coverage and even had a hand in there. That was all Stills.

JJo? Yeah, he was unbuttered toast.

dc_txtech
08-25-2013, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't say KJ got burnt. He had tight coverage and even had a hand in there. That was all Stills.

JJo? Yeah, he was unbuttered toast.

This about sums it up for me.

gafftop
08-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Don't really like that 80 still in game

OzzO
08-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Ok, I've heard "thrown just a little behind" too many times today...