PDA

View Full Version : Pre-season 8/17/2013, Game 2 vs Dolphins: Top 5 things you are interested in seeing?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rey
08-16-2013, 10:53 AM
1) Ben Jones and Quess at LG. Wade Smtih is a question right now.

2) OLB's....Need some productive bodies there

3) WR's 3 and beyond...Someone needs to step up

4) DB play. Was sloppy in the first game....

5) Earl Mitchell...Can he continue to play like he did in game 1?

:koolaid:

Trail.Blazr
08-16-2013, 11:15 AM
how does anyone NOT in the houston area plan on being able to watch it live?

HTown2ATX
08-16-2013, 11:32 AM
I didn't get to see anything past 1st quarter thanks to ABC and their shatted panties. So I'd like to see Case Keenum for the first time.

I'd like to see LeStar get some good plays in.

More Mitchell too. Better DB play from the bench.

DX-TEX
08-16-2013, 11:35 AM
The big board

The Pencil Neck
08-16-2013, 11:38 AM

NFL.com's preseason package. So I'll be watching it online.

The Pencil Neck
08-16-2013, 11:43 AM
1) Ben Jones and Quessenberry. It's going to be interesting to see who wins this battle and if they progress to a point where they would unseat Wade even if he wasn't injured.

2) Case vs. TJ. I'm hoping Case takes some giant steps forward and proves that last week's play wasn't just because of the level of competition. I want them both to play well.

3) WRs. I want some more oohs and aahs from DH but I'm hoping Martin starts to show in game situations what everyone's saying they're saw in TC. And then I want some other guys to step up, too.

4) OLBs. Need some development here.

5) RBs. Want to see Cierre Wood get some reps with the 2s. Want to see if DJ can play better than he did last week.

speedfreek
08-16-2013, 11:53 AM
I want to see the rag-tag O-line perform better. I want to
see solid runs against first team defenses and QB's with enough
time to go through their progressions without having to shift the
pocket to avoid pressure.

TJ

deucetx
08-16-2013, 12:01 PM
1. All cornerbacks not named Joseph or Jackson.

2. Keo since I am doubting Reed will be ready for week 1 which means Keo starting things off most likely. Has he really improved?

3. LG. I was no fan of Wade Smith and it sucks that he is hurt but we could use some real consistency at that spot.

4. OLB's because of the obvious reason that we haven't seen much of anything from this group.

5. WR's. Wanted to see Bonner but he won't be out there so let's see if Martin can pick it up. Would really like to have a slot to work the middle and work mismatches inside.

HOU-TEX
08-16-2013, 12:05 PM
1.) Cushing

2.) Oline minus DB and Myers

3.) Remaining LB corps (Mercilus needs to get right and get to work. Game 3 maybe)

4.) WRs 3-5. Who cleans up from last week to gain ground?

5.) DBs not named J-Jo or KJ, including safeties

Peripheral Vision.) Butler

rpagz3
08-16-2013, 12:08 PM
I just want to make sure that this team can stop the passing game for once. Make sure that this secondary can match up with a spread offense.

The elite quarterbacks had their way with this Texans defense last season. Seriously.. Tom Brady & Aaron Rodgers made this defense look subpar. And until we can stop a passing attack I don't trust the defense.

.. Although I should state that this may not be seen in this game due to the Dolphins do not have an elite quarterback. But any strides to showing a positive passing defense is all I want to see.

idymoe
08-16-2013, 12:25 PM
For the 2nd game, I think I'm most interested in D-Hop. From all the good reports he had from camp, ota's, etc., last week's big td catch, I think a lot of fans are taking it for granted that he has arrived. I want to see him have a solid game.

Cushing.

Chris Jones. I thought he had a pretty good game last week for a rookie. Hope he follows it up right.

Jefferson & Tuggle I thought Tuggle looked pretty solid last week. Need Jefferson to continue to improve

Ja'Gared Davis. Kind of under the radar last week, but had some plays he looked good on. Showed power and range.

Rey
08-16-2013, 12:29 PM
For the 2nd game, I think I'm most interested in D-Hop. From all the good reports he had from camp, ota's, etc., last week's big td catch, I think a lot of fans are taking it for granted that he has arrived. I want to see him have a solid game.

Cushing.

Chris Jones. I thought he had a pretty good game last week for a rookie. Hope he follows it up right.

Jefferson & Tuggle I thought Tuggle looked pretty solid last week. Need Jefferson to continue to improve

Ja'Gared Davis. Kind of under the radar last week, but had some plays he looked good on. Showed power and range.

I like ja'gared man. I love how he plays. Just a gritty get after type of player. I think he'll end up on the PS this year and hopefully he gets better and can find a place on the roster next year.

JCTexan
08-16-2013, 12:44 PM
1) Cierre Wood & Dennis Johnson. Wood looked better game #1.

2) Keenum vs. Yates. I would like to see how Keenum looks with the 2nd unit, and can Yates come out sharp this week?

3) WR's 3 and beyond... I haven't seen anything to impress me yet from these guys and I'm not just talking about this Pre-Season.

4) OLB battle: Jefferson & Tuggle. I don't think both of them will make the roster, so this will be an interesting battle for the final OLB spot.

5) Hopkins. I'm just excited to see what this guy will bring this year.

Just missed the cut:

D.J. Swearinger. Didn't have a good game last week. I would like to see him rebound and play to his ability this week.

Earl Mitchell. If he can beast all year like he did game #1, it would be one scary D-line.

paycheck71
08-16-2013, 12:45 PM

I got Preseason Live from nfl.com

With my DirecTV subscription I got 25% off for a grand total of $14.99

76Texan
08-16-2013, 12:46 PM
Davis looked good last week.

I'll be mostly watching LGs and OLBs.

Brisco_County
08-16-2013, 01:16 PM
1) Case Keenum's next test with the 2's.

2) Brandon Brooks imposing running lanes at will.

3) Ben Jones and Derek Newton allowing no decline at their respective positions.

4) Can Earl Mitchell remain consistent?

5) Can Willie Jefferson continue to make his case as a true contributor for 2013?

BONUS: Bouye.

b0ng
08-16-2013, 01:18 PM

We didn't get to watch most of the first preseason game live in Houston soooo.....

NCTexan
08-16-2013, 01:26 PM
1) Cushing. I want to be positive he's gonna do his thing this year.

2) Oline, LG especially. I'm worried about what happens is Wade gets re injured or can't start the season.

3) OLBs. Still want someone to step up here.

4) Swearinger. There's been a lot of talk of him playing that 3rd safety/LB spot. Want to see some smarter moves this game.

5) Earl Mitchell. We really need him to be solid this year.

PapaL
08-16-2013, 01:27 PM
The big uglies - that's who I'll be watching. If our lines can dominate we can plug damn near anyone behind them.

Swearinger - I know that missed tackle is eating away at him and he's gonna bring it.

QB2 - is it a battle?

Nuk - Quickly climbing up the list of favorite Texans.

PapaL
08-16-2013, 01:28 PM
I got Preseason Live from nfl.com

With my DirecTV subscription I got 25% off for a grand total of $14.99

Anyone can get that discount, just have to use the promo code Directv and they'll knock $5 off.

Porky
08-16-2013, 01:34 PM

Cushing.

Just FYI, but I am pretty sure Chris Jones is out for this game.

Playoffs
08-16-2013, 01:52 PM

It'll be here: http://firstrowus1.eu/sport/american-football.html

On game day. DO NOT download any software. Try different links until you find one that works for you.

1. David Quessenberry

2. AJ Bouye

3. Deji Karim

4. Jake Byrne

5. Do Sonic Sam or Nate Menkin get any reps?

ThaJokaa
08-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Keenum play before TJ

LeStar Jean redeem himself

Swagger and Keo make good/better plays than last week

Special Teams

And Cushing comeback to lay a hit on the guy that did him in last season.

idymoe
08-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Just FYI, but I am pretty sure Chris Jones is out for this game.

Maybe. I believe he missed some practice this week.

Vinnie
08-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Keenum play before TJ

LeStar Jean redeem himself

Swagger and Keo make good/better plays than last week

Special Teams

And Cushing comeback to lay a hit on the guy that did him in last season.

Did that guy end up in Miami? I thought he went to Chicago. :thinking:

ThaJokaa
08-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Idk if Sluason's still with MIA TBH lol

Edit: NVM, he's in Chicago now...

HOU-TEX
08-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Maybe. I believe he missed some practice this week.

I think we can safely say he's out considering he's been in a walking boot all week. And, Kubiak said he wasn't going to play.

(on NT Chris Jones’ injury) “It’s a day-to-day deal. He’s not going to play this week. I can tell you that for sure. We put him in a boot, so we’ll re-evaluate him as we get to the end of the week.”

Vinnie
08-16-2013, 03:14 PM
Idk if Sluason's still with MIA TBH lol

Edit: NVM, he's in Chicago now...

Ah, I know why you thought that. This is the dufus you're thinking of. It was an Antonio Smith incident.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000060360/article/antonio-smith-richie-incognito-tried-to-break-ankle

ThaJokaa
08-16-2013, 03:44 PM
I don't even know anymore lol

How about, Cushing coming back just to lay his 1st hit on someone?

Thorn
08-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Always looking at how the 1st team is shaping up.

Case of course. And TJ.

Hopkins and Swearinger

Special teams

badboy
08-16-2013, 04:10 PM
"I am going to be watching for anyone driving a golf cart. Between them and Fat Albert....at least I know where Mays is even if I cannot hear him coming." signed Matt Schuab.

escrimador
08-16-2013, 04:13 PM
Considering it's the third game for the Dolphins, i'm looking forward to seeing our 2's going against their 1's.

Rey
08-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Considering it's the third game for the Dolphins, i'm looking forward to seeing our 2's going against their 1's.

Are they playing it like that?

JCTexan
08-16-2013, 04:18 PM

I don't think so. Although this is technically their third preseason game, it should be played as if it's their 2nd. The Dolphins will have five preseason games so there's no reason to change anything.

idymoe
08-16-2013, 04:50 PM
I think we can safely say he's out considering he's been in a walking boot all week. And, Kubiak said he wasn't going to play.

Thanks, I had not seen that.

Many other things to watch. I want to see how Swearinger responds to last week's less than middling effort.

HouTx11
08-16-2013, 08:38 PM
5. Want to see more of RB Wood. He looked pretty good last week.

4. Hope to see Brian Cushing play for the first time since the Jets game last year.

3. I want to see a great injury-free game out of WR Hopkins

2. Can Mitchell continue to dominate the LOS like he did last week?

1. Keenum to Jean..........TOUCHDOWN!!!! I'd love to see that highlight happen in every game that they play in. Hoping for the best for both of these guys.

Lucky
08-16-2013, 08:46 PM
I don't think we will learn much on the defensive side of the ball. The Fins offense does not impress me. I doubt there's more than a couple of guys that could start on the Texans. The defense gets better work in practice.

I do think Miami has a pretty good defense. I'm interested in how the o-line handles the responsibilities. Opening holes for the running game and protecting Schaub. I think this is the most interesting and important aspect of the game.

CloakNNNdagger
08-16-2013, 09:24 PM

(on NT Chris Jones’ injury) “It’s a day-to-day deal. He’s not going to play this week. I can tell you that for sure. We put him in a boot, so we’ll re-evaluate him as we get to the end of the week.”

They expect to have him playing in the next game. But don't worry, they intend "to play it safe"...............and have him playing in the boot.......:backsout:

ObsiWan
08-16-2013, 10:27 PM
5. Watt vs. the new guy at LT for the 'Fins.
4. Cushing. He says he's "ready to hit somebody"; well, now's the time.
3. Swearinger. Has he learned he better wrap up against NFL big boys?
2. Earl Mitchell. Was last week real?
1. Schaub and the 1st team O. They kinda played dink & dunk last week and only put a FG on the board after getting a gift at midfield. With most of the studs playing I want to see much more production. I especially want to see him connect with Hopkins and Graham. I'll be disappointed if the O gets off to one of their classic slow starts. I don't want to see that $%!t this season.

Bonus: The 2nd string battles at RB and QB and 3/4th WR performance will be interesting.

Texn4life
08-16-2013, 10:54 PM
1) Will the OLBs make a case they won't be the weak link of the Defense?
2) Can a 3rd running back separate themselves from the pack?
3) How will Quessenberry react to being thrown into the fire, and can Newton and Brooks show they'll hold the right side down?
4) Will Keo make strides as a starter on the backend of the defense?
5) Can one of the receivers without an "andre" in their name show anything that looks like consistency?

76Texan
08-17-2013, 06:41 AM

I don't think so. Although this is technically their third preseason game, it should be played as if it's their 2nd. The Dolphins will have five preseason games so there's no reason to change anything.

Each team has their own situation.

Last week, for example, we played a few starters on Defense for a series or two: KJ, Mitchell, Reeds, (either Sharpton or Mays), while none of the Vikings starter played on the D.
Their offensive starters played all of two snaps, while our played longer - some more than others.

Due to injury, the Phins has been without their RG John Jerry.
Their whole own line is more in flux than ours, with a new LT while other guys have been moving around so their coaches can decide where to put them.

Some of their defensive players have been limited and will be out against us like Randy Starks, and the new first rounder Dion Jordan.
Their second round corner back is recovering from a sport hernia surgery last May; in his place, third round Will Davis will try to earn the starting job at #2.

Also, they made a lot of moves in the off-season, so their team is still lacking continuity on both sides of the ball.

Basically, we will have more of our ones on hand against them and we have more stability than the Phins overall.

Lucky
08-17-2013, 07:25 AM
Each team has their own situation.

Last week, for example, we played a few starters on Defense for a series or two: KJ, Mitchell, Reeds, (either Sharpton or Mays), while none of the Vikings starter played on the D.
While I agree that each team has their own agenda in the preseason, I disagree with your example. The Vikings played 7 starters on their defense:

DT Guion
MLB Henderson
OLB Mitchell
CB Cook
CB Robinson
SS Sanford
FS Smith

IDEXAN
08-17-2013, 10:21 AM
The Dolphins are in an unusual situation for preseason because they played in the annual HOF game in Canton and this then is their third of 5 preseasons games while most everybody else including the Texans is playing their second of 4 preseason games this weekend. Specifically, the Texans will probably play their starters about a quarter but how long should we expect to see Miami play their starters tonight ? I would think perhaps more than a quarter and if so that's a positive since some of our reserves would then get to go against a starting NFL unit while they wouldn't otherwise.

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2013, 10:34 AM

The Dolphins are looking to test themselves against the Texans.....a team they feel will challenge them to "prove" their own starters.

From the Miami Herald (http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/08/17/3567722_p2/dolphins-quarterback-ryan-tannehill.html#storylink=cpy) this morning:

Both the starting offense and defense will get their most work of the preseason Saturday. Philbin said the first-stringers will play at least the first quarter, and possibly more.

Every snap the stars are out there will be a chance to compare themselves to a playoff team from a year ago.

“On paper, you can probably look and say we’ve probably made some improvements, but I’m one of those guys where the proof’s in the pudding,” said defensive end Cam Wake. “Until you actually make something happen, it hasn’t happened yet.”

thunderkyss
08-17-2013, 10:52 AM
I think Matt will take a shot if it's there, but they're not going to be trying to push the tempo or dictate a whole lot. We know who Matt is & we know what Matt's going to do through November at least. What we really want to know about Matt Schaub won't be answered in August.

I want to see if Cushing's presence helps the OLBs... Miami is already working through issues on their OL, they should go off this game.

I want to see Cierre Wood push for the #2 RB spot. Yup, I said it.

For that to happen, the 1st & 2nd team OL needs to step the fk up.

76Texan
08-17-2013, 10:53 AM
While I agree that each team has their own agenda in the preseason, I disagree with your example. The Vikings played 7 starters on their defense:

DT Guion
MLB Henderson
OLB Mitchell
CB Cook
CB Robinson
SS Sanford
FS Smith

My bad; I made a list of players when Yates came in to compare with the list of players when Keenum came in, and I completely forgot about those who played against Schaub.

TejasTom
08-17-2013, 11:29 AM
:doot::fans::hurrah::smiliedance::whip::play:

It's game day.

Mitchell dominate
Keenum step up
Jefferson get to QB
Cushing lay someone out
Swearinger not miss a tackle

texanhead08
08-17-2013, 11:33 AM
I'm interested in seeing the preseason end. It seems like each year it pisses me off more and more that the NFL makes us pay for 2 meaningless glorified practices with our season ticket packages.

EllisUnit
08-17-2013, 11:47 AM
i just want to see the first unit score TDs, we need to get out of this FG funk we were in at the end of last season.

EllisUnit
08-17-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm interested in seeing the preseason end. It seems like each year it pisses me off more and more that the NFL makes us pay for 2 meaningless glorified practices with our season ticket packages.

i agree, i wish we could get this cut down to two pre season games if that.

Rey
08-17-2013, 11:52 AM

I'm going to tread lightly here as not to piss anyone off....

But I think it was Bill Polian that made a good point. He said that the costs really balance out. As a season ticket holder the price is the same across the board...the price on all the tickets is the same. So you're paying the same for a pre-season game that you're paying for a high profile game against a good team.

He wondered if people would feel better about it if say a pre season ticket had $100 on it, but that Sunday night game against high profile team A had $350 on it.

Anyways, I just thought it was an interesting perspective.

infantrycak
08-17-2013, 12:03 PM
I'm going to tread lightly here as not to piss anyone off....

But I think it was Bill Polian that made a good point. He said that the costs really balance out. As a season ticket holder the price is the same across the board...the price on all the tickets is the same. So you're paying the same for a pre-season game that you're paying for a high profile game against a good team.

He wondered if people would feel better about it if say a pre season ticket had $100 on it, but that Sunday night game against high profile team A had $350 on it.

Anyways, I just thought it was an interesting perspective.

I was going to post this but no offense he said it a little better than that. He said he wished they would stop printing any price on the tickets because what you are buying is a package of tickets of varying values. Yes the pre-season tickets are worth less but then right now there are tickets which would be sold for over "face value" as well. He's right. Right now you could probably draw a premium on Baltimore, Seahawks, 49ers, Patriots and Broncos at least.

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2013, 12:12 PM
What's even more disturbing is that ticket brokers are still selling preseason tickets at season prices.

paycheck71
08-17-2013, 12:37 PM
I was going to post this but no offense he said it a little better than that. He said he wished they would stop printing any price on the tickets because what you are buying is a package of tickets of varying values. Yes the pre-season tickets are worth less but then right now there are tickets which would be sold for over "face value" as well. He's right. Right now you could probably draw a premium on Baltimore, Seahawks, 49ers, Patriots and Broncos at least.

If I'm not a season ticket holder, go to the ticket office and want to buy a ticket to a preaseason game, will I be charged the full price, or a discounted "preseason" price? To me, that answers all the questions. It's ridiculous that preseason games are priced at the same level as regular season.

EDIT: I fully understand the "whole package" argument. But that should only apply to regular season. There you play "Jacksonvilles" and "New Englands", and those games certainly have different values. Preseason games are not anywhere close in value to the worst regular season game.

infantrycak
08-17-2013, 12:47 PM
If I'm not a season ticket holder, go to the ticket office and want to buy a ticket to a preaseason game, will I be charged the full price, or a discounted "preseason" price? To me, that answers all the questions. It's ridiculous that preseason games are priced at the same level as regular season.

EDIT: I fully understand the "whole package" argument. But that should only apply to regular season. There you play "Jacksonvilles" and "New Englands", and those games certainly have different values. Preseason games are not anywhere close in value to the worst regular season game.

This is a season ticket holder only issue. If you choose to go up to the ticket office and pay the face value that is on you. The ire is over having to buy them. Polian's point is value. Maybe the preseason tickets are worth nothing in the marketplace (although we have seen them go for most or full face value here) but then again you might get a 500% return on the Patriots which pays in total for the perceived lack of value of the preseason tickets.

You don't get to decide what is in the package. The Texans offer it, just like every other team in the league, for exactly what it sounds like - the whole season. People really should save their stress and look at it as they paid $1000 for the season.

texanhead08
08-17-2013, 12:50 PM
I just don't understand why team GM's and Head Coaches that get paid millions of dollars need 4 games to evaluate basically 10 roster spots. Its not a secret that you basically know who will be on your team except the bottom 10 spots on the roster each year.

paycheck71
08-17-2013, 12:58 PM
This is a season ticket holder only issue. If you choose to go up to the ticket office and pay the face value that is on you. The ire is over having to buy them. Polian's point is value. Maybe the preseason tickets are worth nothing in the marketplace (although we have seen them go for most or full face value here) but then again you might get a 500% return on the Patriots which pays in total for the perceived lack of value of the preseason tickets.

You don't get to decide what is in the package. The Texans offer it, just like every other team in the league, for exactly what it sounds like - the whole season. People really should save their stress and look at it as they paid $1000 for the season.

I'm certainly not ever choosing to do that. Some people probably do, and I think they're getting ripped off, but you're right, it is at least partially on them. The true market value of preseason games is shown in the secondary market prices, where it's not uncommon to be able to get a ticket for $5-$10 in the upper deck and then just move to the empty seats in the lower bowl.

TejasTom
08-17-2013, 01:00 PM
I'll have to say variable ticket pricing like the used by the Astro's or even worse the airlines is more infuriating.

I feel a lot better about preseason tickets now....

Only 7 hrs left.

texanhead08
08-17-2013, 01:02 PM
I am seeing more and more empty seats at these preseason games every year. The people who go for the most part are people that have been given tickets by their employers, friends, and by season ticket holders who have no interest in going.

The Pencil Neck
08-17-2013, 01:02 PM
I just don't understand why team GM's and Head Coaches that get paid millions of dollars need 4 games to evaluate basically 10 roster spots. Its not a secret that you basically know who will be on your team except the bottom 10 spots on the roster each year.

The current structure of preseason games is more about tradition than anything else.

Back in the day:

1. GMs and Head Coaches didn't get paid millions of dollars. They didn't even get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars.
2. Many of the football players had day jobs and in the offseason, they were working at their regular job. Being a football player didn't pay most guys enough to survive on. Because of that, they didn't keep themselves in shape and the coaches needed these games to get everyone back in shape.
3. You needed several games just to get everyone in shape and teach everyone your playbook and get them worked to a point that they could do the things you wanted them to do.

They don't need 4 preseason games, anymore. The players are in shape and know more about what they're doing and why, the coaches have more and better information.

But the owners still want those games because they make a bigger profit on them. The players don't get paid game-checks for preseason games so the owners have lower operating expenses for these games.

gary
08-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Too many preseason games and I have posted that before.

Playoffs
08-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Devier Posey did not return soon enough to go heads up against his brother Julian, CB for the Dolphins...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BR4ur_GCAAARisD.jpg

ThaJokaa
08-17-2013, 02:17 PM
So Keenum is gonna be QB2 vs MIA, lets see how he does against the 2nd team, possibly 1st team Defense. Can't wait to see this!!

Showtime100
08-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Ted posted this on facebook. The Blue Crew's first meeting this year.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Texans/tailgate_zps0f1502b2.jpg

Playoffs
08-17-2013, 07:22 PM
I guess we'll use this thread for the game like last week...

http://www.thefinsiders.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/insta_hou-250x124.jpg

Brian Cushing returns to action for the first time since his injury.

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Guard Ben Jones starts for Wade Smith and OLB Justin Tuggle starts for Whitney Mercilus.

Texans not playing: WR Alan Bonner, ILB Tim Dobbins, OLB Whitney Mercilus, OT Brennan Williams, guard Wade Smith, nose tackle Chris Jones.

Of course Arian Foster, Ed Reed and DeVier Posey continue on PUP and are not playing.

Cameron Collins, Delano Johnson, Brandon Harris are available to play.

3rd round pick Sam Montgomery to see his first NFL action.

:logo: Texans Depth Chart courtesy of Ourlads: http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/HOU

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/thumbnail/960/img/photos/2013/03/28/5a/ee/dolphins-cxlogo.jpgDolphins Depth Chart courtesy of Ourlads: http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/MIA

Dolphins 2013 draft class

Dion Jordan/DE/Oregon (first round/3rd overall) *will not play*
Jamar Taylor/CB/Boise State (second round/54th overall)
Dallas Thomas/OT/Tennessee (third round/77th overall)
Will Davis/CB/Utah State (third round/93rd overall)
Jelani Jenkins/LB/Florida (fourth round/104th overall)
Dion Sims/TE/Michigan State (fourth round/106th overall)
Mike Gillislee/RB/Florida (fifth round/164th overall)
Caleb Sturgis/K/Florida (fifth round/166th overall)
Don Jones/DB/Arkansas State (seventh round/250th overall)

Tailgater photos here: http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/photo-gallery/Texans-vs-Dolphins-Tailgate-slideshow/915cb107-a051-42a6-bc8f-17588557e9c0

Playoffs
08-17-2013, 07:33 PM
PDS ‏@PatDStat
You think Cushing is ready? He is doing push ups on the field. #Texans

thunderkyss
08-17-2013, 07:36 PM
PDS ‏@PatDStat

OMG.... PUshUps!!!

Well that means this guy is always ready.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/153183704-houston-texans-mascot-toro-does-pushups-for-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QYokVlSwjYAdozD%2FfI%2BAY4HO Cfqvq1q1njX0iG%2Boa4XwntrM5aeKwF4dx2kKvXGZLg%3D%3D

htowntexans1985
08-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Anyone taking bets on channel 13s coverage going out this week?

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Deep steel blue tops and white bottoms

htownfan32
08-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Anyone see the Mercilus classical music thing on channel 13? I thought it was pretty cool.

EllisUnit
08-17-2013, 07:51 PM

lets hope they dont ruin my saturday night like they ruined last friday night for me.

CloakNNNdagger
Hopkins does have large hands. They showed a soft pass he caught just now on 13 where he jsimply one-handed plucked the ball out of the air.

htownfan32
lets hope they dont ruin my saturday night like they ruined last friday night for me.

Yup, I'm going back to College Station tonight and I wanna watch the whole game in peace without disturbances before I do.

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2013, 07:54 PM

Against my general judgement as a physician, I might recommend in this particular case that you consider having 4-5 adult beverages prior to the beginning of the game.:)

Showtime100
08-17-2013, 07:56 PM

I had the same thought earlier today. :voodoo:

BullBlitz
08-17-2013, 07:57 PM

It should be fine at home games.

htownfan32
08-17-2013, 07:58 PM
Wait... was that Travis Johnson? Like... our draft bust Travis Johnson?

JCTexan
08-17-2013, 07:58 PM

Somehow I think it's going to go good tonight. After what happened last week they have to produce a better product.

Showtime100
08-17-2013, 07:59 PM
It should be fine at home games.

I don't recall it being any better, home or away. I'll just hope you're right. :shades:

08-17-2013, 08:01 PM
... Why is this game blacked out?!?!?!

@%@#^

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2013, 08:02 PM

@%@#^

Blacked out where??

paycheck71
08-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Against my general judgement as a physician, I might recommend in this particular case that you consider having 4-5 adult beverages prior to the beginning of the game.:)

I'm already there, even though I'm not watching it on ch. 13. ::beer:

Goodwrench3
Here we go!
Go Texans!

BullBlitz
Pulling for Cierre Wood and Case Keenum to have good games.

htowntexans1985
Pre-recorded intro by Tillman and that other guy? Smh. What a joke.

08-17-2013, 08:04 PM
Blacked out where??

nfl.com!!! I paid for the stupid pre-season package and it's not letting me see the game because it's "Blacked out"!

Playoffs
08-17-2013, 08:05 PM

@%@#^nfl.com!!! I paid for the stupid pre-season package and it's not letting me see the game because it's "Blacked out"!That sucks.

Try here, but DO NOT DOWNLOAD any software ... just try each link.

http://firstrowus1.eu/sport/american-football.html

SAMURAITEXAN
08-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Let's go Texans!!!

Austrian
08-17-2013, 08:09 PM
AJ!!

BullBlitz
08-17-2013, 08:09 PM
What a bad pass. Ouch.

Wolf
08-17-2013, 08:10 PM
Schaub ****ty throw of the game already

SAMURAITEXAN
AJ, now Hopkins like how its started.

Rey
Why in the red **** wouldn't they show a replay?!?!

Goodwrench3
Oh Fck

Austrian
08-17-2013, 08:11 PM
Lol at Grimes. It's preseason. Cheering like he picked him in the Super Bowl.

BullBlitz
08-17-2013, 08:11 PM
Pre-recorded intro by Tillman and that other guy? Smh. What a joke.

We will have to see how long it takes for them to get something wrong.

htownfan32
08-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Looked like Hopkins slipped or something

Rey
08-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Where is Watt?

Wolf
08-17-2013, 08:13 PM
Ninja

nut
Bad start for Schaub

CloakNNNdagger
Playoffs,

Rewind to the Schaub interception and look at his final front foot position just as he released the ball.

paycheck71
nfl.com!!! I paid for the stupid pre-season package and it's not letting me see the game because it's "Blacked out"!

If you're in the Houston area, you have to watch it on the local carrier. But... See if you can turn off the location services for the preseason live app, and then see if it'll work without that being turned on. If it still works without location services, there is no way for it to tell if you're in Houston or not, so it should allow you to watch the game.

htownfan32
Cushing, my man, it's good to have you back.

SAMURAITEXAN
08-17-2013, 08:14 PM
Ninja!

OzzO
Cush!!!

Goodwrench3
Ninja!!

Austrian
There's Cush. TFL!

Goodwrench3
Cushing is BACK!

SAMURAITEXAN
Great to see you back Cush!

OzzO
08-17-2013, 08:15 PM
No pulling wedgies out while on camera back judge.

Lucky
08-17-2013, 08:15 PM
JJ was totally held. No call.

Keo broke a tackle. That was OK.

dc_txtech
08-17-2013, 08:16 PM
On the Cush tackle play, Watt would have had a sack had he not been held.

BullBlitz
It sure is great to see these guys be able to come back from those knee injuries these days.

htowntexans1985
No pulling wedgies out while on camera back judge.

Ha!!!

BullBlitz
On the Cush tackle play, Watt would have had a sack had he not been held.

I saw that too.

Austrian
08-17-2013, 08:17 PM
Illegal block in the back. Dejà vu!

RTP2110
08-17-2013, 08:17 PM
you mean to tell me that we don't have ANYONE else above Keo in the punt return competition?

aussie_texan
08-17-2013, 08:18 PM
god damit its good to see cush back!

If you're in the Houston area, you have to watch it on the local carrier. But... See if you can turn off the location services for the preseason live app, and then see if it'll work without that being turned on. If it still works without location services, there is no way for it to tell if you're in Houston or not, so it should allow you to watch the game.

I live in Oviedo, FL (near Orlando)... Thanks to Playoffs, I'm watching the game now. It's the first and last time I pay for nfl.com's bull**** service.

Vance87
you mean to tell me that we don't have ANYONE else above Keo in the punt return competition?

You mean to tell me Marciano STILL has not been thrown out of the building yet?

BullBlitz
I think we are going to see a lot of Tate this year.

SAMURAITEXAN
08-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Nice run by Tate.

OzzO
08-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Did Tate let that rusher by?

htownfan32
08-17-2013, 08:20 PM
Who's ready for our good ole patented 3rd and long draw/screen?

thunderkyss
08-17-2013, 08:20 PM
Back to special teams.... watch their gunners. Our guys don't do a good job of getting in front of them & blocking.

A problem we've had for at least the last two years.

Really needs to get fixed.

htownfan32
08-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Newton got schooled by Wake -_-

Wolf
Offensive line ..uggh

OzzO
Newton let one by

BullBlitz
Wish Cameron Wake was on our team.

Goodwrench3
Duane penalized? wow, rare thing

Thorn
Well, the 1st team offense sucks.

htowntexans1985
Newton got owned their.

Vance87
Matt...you KNOW the blitz is coming...what was that?

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2013, 08:22 PM
Newton is not moving well. His knee is affecting his play.

Austrian
Bad protection. Bad plays by both tackles.

Rey
Yuck.

OzzO

Usually Manning, but I think Kub wants to get away from using him

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2013, 08:23 PM

He can't move.

thunderkyss
08-17-2013, 08:23 PM

If there was a blitz, it got picked up.

That was Newton getting owned.

BullBlitz
08-17-2013, 08:24 PM
Offense not so good so far.

Defense ok.

paycheck71
08-17-2013, 08:24 PM
I live in Oviedo, FL (near Orlando)... Thanks to Playoffs, I'm watching the game now. It's the first and last time I pay for nfl.com's bull**** service.

I guess same rules apply to Miami area as to Houston. You should have this game somewhere on TV in your area.

nut
08-17-2013, 08:25 PM
I think we are going to see a lot of Tate this year.

As much as we have run Foster the last 3 years, we better.

BullBlitz
08-17-2013, 08:25 PM
Anyone see the female official on one of last night's games?

Goodwrench3
08-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Damn Mays

GuerillaBlack
08-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Mays looking bad.

dc_txtech
08-17-2013, 08:28 PM
Anyone see the female official on one of last night's games?

No, was she hot?

Nawzer
The offense still looks like the one from last year. I thought Kubiak would've learned his lesson from last year's collapse.

Austrian
Drop on 3rd down. Let's see if the offense can settle down.

OzzO
Hmmm... perhaps just 1st home game jitters

aussie_texan
where's watt

CloakNNNdagger
Why would that have required a conference?????

GuerillaBlack
08-17-2013, 08:29 PM
No, was she hot?

Nah just an average older lady. Not sure what the big deal is.

Playoffs
08-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Good Keo held on after that illegal hit.

Rey
08-17-2013, 08:32 PM
Throw was a little late and it was a duck. Smh.

Wolf
08-17-2013, 08:32 PM
First glance..that was a favorable spot

Wolf
08-17-2013, 08:34 PM
Schaub with a floater

OzzO
Ok Schaub was zinging them the first series... now they're capturing air, what's up?

CloakNNNdagger
Could have been another INT.

Wolf6151
Throw was a little late and it was a duck. Smh.

I thought the same thing, lots of air under that ball.

htownfan32
08-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Looks like maybe the offense is finding its tempo now

Goodwrench3
Nice play

RTP2110
Where did Hopkins go? Jean has been in a while now.

HouTx11
08-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Jeeeeeeaannnn!!!! Daniels!!!!!!

OzzO
OD with the TD

Rey
Looks like Keyshawn has been demoted.

Austrian
08-17-2013, 08:37 PM
TD OD. Nice drive there.

SAMURAITEXAN
Td od!!!

Goodwrench3
Yeah

dc_txtech
08-17-2013, 08:39 PM
Where did Hopkins go? Jean has been in a while now.

Possibly Kubiak sending him a message for the interception. Looked like a bad route to me.

Goodwrench3
Beautiful drive

OzzO
seems like if there's a penalty on the defense for an extra point, they would just enforce it on the kickoff but not make them retry the extra point (shrugs)

Wolf6151
08-17-2013, 08:40 PM
The offense was clicking on that drive, but the O-line has shown reason for concern so far.

dc_txtech
08-17-2013, 08:43 PM
How did Cush miss that?

Wolf
Lol Cushing with the flyby

CloakNNNdagger
Cushing is being pushed around.

OzzO
08-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Dang Cush... wrap em up

OzzO
JJo playing ref vs covering.

Austrian
Cush's got to make that play.

Wolf
08-17-2013, 08:46 PM
Tie game

Goodwrench3
That secondary....

Wolf6151
Now that's a strong arm, I wonder if Schaub was paying attention.

OzzO
08-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Eeeyuuu... camera on the audience showing a Texans fan digging deep in the nose.

CloakNNNdagger
That secondary....

There didn't seem to be much rush by the front 3.

Nawzer
Cush is going to remember that for a long time. Tannehill has a great arm with nice touch on the deep throws.

htownfan32
Alright, Keenum time.

Man, I hope he proves me wrong.

Wolf
Case now

OzzO
08-17-2013, 08:49 PM
It's CK time....

Wolf6151
Eeeyuuu... camera on the audience showing a Texans fan digging deep in the nose.

Then she went to her mouth with that digging finger.

OzzO
Yes! Karim in also.

htowntexans1985
Ref wedging and fans picking!!!

Rey
Keenum throws a better ball than Matt.

OzzO
08-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Then she went to her mouth with that digging finger.

Right? I was totally grossed.

SAMURAITEXAN
08-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Case to Hopkins

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2013, 08:51 PM
Keenum throws a better ball than Matt.

With none of the hesitation.

BullBlitz
08-17-2013, 08:52 PM
With none of the hesitation.

He does look comfortable out there.

Wolf
08-17-2013, 08:54 PM
Hopkins went to locker room

BullBlitz
Hopkins must have hurt his neck, arm or shoulder on that catch.

HouTx11
Nice catch Martin.

Where is Hopkins?

SAMURAITEXAN
08-17-2013, 08:55 PM
I hope Hopkins OK.

BullBlitz
08-17-2013, 08:55 PM
Nice catch Martin.

Where is Hopkins?

He's hurt. Locker room.

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2013, 08:56 PM
Hopefully it's only equipment problem.

UberDork
08-17-2013, 08:57 PM
Looked like Hopkins' leg took a shot and moved in an odd direction on his catch.

Wolf
08-17-2013, 08:58 PM
Ryan and Lindsey got screen time

BullBlitz
08-17-2013, 08:58 PM
Looked like Hopkins' leg took a shot and moved in an odd direction on his catch.

Could be a number of things. It was a hard, odd hit. He got twisted up.

Wolf6151
08-17-2013, 08:59 PM
The Ninja came ready to play.

BullBlitz
Antonio going crazy tonight. Cushing not so much.

Playoffs
Hopefully it's only equipment problem.

Right knee... foot down, took a shot. Didn't look like much, but...

Texn4life
I think its a thigh bruise or something like that looking at where he took the hit.

Goodwrench3
08-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Woow nice

BullBlitz
Wow that was a Tebow-like overthrow by Tannehill.

Wolf
Texans special teams are really special

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2013, 09:01 PM

If anything he fell on the back of his left shoulder. Could have caused a shoulder separation or partial in-out anterior dislocation.

Austrian
08-17-2013, 09:02 PM
And again block in the back.

Texn4life
A penalty on a return by us???? No way!!!!

HouTx11
Ok, they are showing the same 2 commercials over and over. More variety please.

Vance87
If we get one more BITB tonight I'm going on a rampage.

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Watching the STs, I'd also be picking my nose on camera.

htownfan32
08-17-2013, 09:04 PM
Good job by Keshawn to bring that down, last season he would have dropped that.

Austrian
08-17-2013, 09:04 PM
Good catch by Martin.

thunderkyss
08-17-2013, 09:05 PM
I liked the placement on that, Karim should have been going a little more forward on that one.

thunderkyss
08-17-2013, 09:05 PM
Good catch by Martin.

Great route by Martin

Rey
08-17-2013, 09:06 PM
Keenum throws a nice ball.

OzzO
08-17-2013, 09:06 PM
go for it, what the heck.... it's pre season and a chance to see more of the O

thunderkyss
08-17-2013, 09:07 PM
Can't believe no one is giving him a hard time for throwing it behind the sticks.

thunderkyss
08-17-2013, 09:09 PM
Keenum looking good.

For a little guy.

BullBlitz
Nice call and nice pass.

CloakNNNdagger
Reviewed the Karim pass miss.........it was on him.

HouTx11
Keenum to jeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn............touchd own!!!

Yes!!!!

OzzO
Case to Lestar... TD

RTP2110
Wow, Keenum really impressing. Great touch and accuracy on the TD.

Rey
Maaaaaan.....this case keenum guy...

Look out...

Goodwrench3
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 1m
DeAndre Hopkins is being evaluated for a "potential head injury" (which usually means concussion) #Texans

Damn

SAMURAITEXAN
Tdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Austrian
Great play there. I like Keenum.

Lucky
Can't believe no one is giving him a hard time for throwing it behind the sticks.

How about throwing it behind the defense?

Thorn
08-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Case making a case for the backup position.

I've been waiting for months to post that. LOL

aussie_texan
jean playing much better this week. putting himself back in contention.

CloakNNNdagger
Having "touch" doesn't mean weak arm strength.............

Goodwrench3
Woooow, awesome throw

Wolf6151
08-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Case is looking very good. He makes quick decisions, and throws the ball well. Very impressive.

thunderkyss
How about throwing it behind the defense?

Could've led LeStar a little more.

j/k.... I'll take it any day of the week.

CloakNNNdagger
Case making a case for the backup position.

I've been waiting for months to post that. LOL

Reposting..........like retweeting!:)

HouTx11
08-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Possible head injury on Hopkins. Just reported.

GuerillaBlack
Maaaaaan.....this case keenum guy...

Look out...

Hopefully the naysayers are sitting back down.

CloakNNNdagger
just once would like to see the ball end up behind the 20.

TexansBull
Man o man...

Ok maybe its just preseason but that was a gutsy call.

This a dumb question, and I may get flamed for this, and i know its only one play, but could Matt Schaub be the reason Kubiak goes turtle and calls conservative games?

Just asking.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

BullBlitz
08-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Good luck Hopkins.

legacy_gt
Keenum perfect throw to jean!

Wolf
Boy there was some holding

htownfan32