PDA

View Full Version : Posey getting Healthy!

HJam72
08-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Don't know how true this is, but: http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/52415/devier-posey-close-to-return

Kubiak said after practice Wednesday that Posey is very close to coming off the physically unable to perform list. In fact, it could happen next week.

The Pencil Neck
08-14-2013, 02:39 PM
That's the report coming in. I've heard it through several sources although I think it was a bunch of different people reporting based on the same thing.

I personally expected him to be PUPed until 6 weeks in. If he comes back and he can pick up where he left off, that changes that WR group up.

Playoffs
08-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Tweets re: Posey from training camp today... pretty cool.

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Posey did a lot of research on guys who returned from Achilles injuries in the past. Went back and watched Ravens film of Suggs. #Texans

Posey told Kubiak after his Achilles tear he'd be ready week 1. He was in a wheelchair & Kubiak looked at him like he was crazy. #Texa

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Posey talked a lot about how he changed his diet while rehabbing. How certain foods affect the soft tissues of the body. #texans

Posey said his doctor is ok with him coming back for San Diego. #texans

Asked about being ready for San Diego,"oh yeah". #texans

Posey said this has been a life changing experience. Added that he hasn't taken a day off since surgery. #texans

Kubiak said Posey told him after his surgery that "Don't count him out" #texans

Kubiak said Posey is close to being lifted off the pup list as soon as after Saturdays game. #texans
Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
Ultimately, both Kubiak & Devier Posey think the WR could play in a #Texans preseason game.

Also fwiw, #Texans WR Devier Posey said he's close to being able to dunk a basketball.

WR Devier Posey said he feels "close" to coming back from achilles injury and just needs to get his conditioning up.
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
It's important to note that if Posey does get taken off Active/PUP and practices, he's no longer eligible for regular season PUP

Texn4life
08-14-2013, 03:33 PM
If this happens its a battle between Bonner and Jean for that last spot. That's assuming we only take 5.

IDEXAN
08-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Great news and Posey deserves big-time congrats for making a phenomenally rapid and apparently successful recovery !
Whatever reservations some of us may have had about Posey in the "character" department should now be forgotten considering the effort and determination and sacrifices this young man has made to accomplish this comeback.

b0ng
08-14-2013, 05:31 PM
HGH is a helluva drug

2slik4u
08-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Championship!

Porky
08-14-2013, 06:03 PM
What? That's terrible news!

Signed,

Lestar Jean, Alec Lemon, and Alan Bonner

On a serious note, where he says this is a life changing event - I take that to mean in a positive sense. Wouldn't it be something to take something like this and use it as the fuel to make yourself reach your maximum ability? I think they need to take it slow, and just slowly work him back in over the first month. I'd hate to force things and end up re-injured or having a setback.

Corrosion
08-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Great news and Posey deserves big-time congrats for making a phenomenally rapid and apparently successful recovery !
Whatever reservations some of us may have had about Posey in the "character" department should now be forgotten considering the effort and determination and sacrifices this young man has made to accomplish this comeback.

I was on the Posey bandwagon from day one .... Had him in my mock , right where the Texans took him.

Saw some pre draft drills with he and some other receivers & he by far had the best hands of the group ....

Really glad to see he's getting healthy ... Can only see them keeping 5 WR's this season , Jean & Bonner will be in a fight for that last spot.

htownfan32
08-14-2013, 06:25 PM
I feel good about a Andre/DeAndre/DeVier trio of WRs :)

Porky
08-14-2013, 06:30 PM
If Bonner doesn't get healthy in a hurry, he has almost no chance. Maybe PS yes, but he needs a bare min of 2 games under his belt or there is no way Kubes will keep him on the active roster.

Don't completely rule out Lemon either if Bonner is an injury scratch.

Corrosion
08-14-2013, 06:32 PM
If Bonner doesn't get healthy in a hurry, he has almost no chance. Maybe PS yes, but he needs a bare min of 2 games under his belt or there is no way Kubes will keep him on the active roster.

Don't completely rule out Lemon either if Bonner is an injury scratch.

Yeah , I like Lemon .... he just seems to find a way to get open and doesn't use his helmet to catch the ball. :corrosion:

ThaJokaa
08-14-2013, 07:35 PM
If he's fully healthy let him play coach!!
Rather have him in the slot than Martin

Texans_Chick
08-14-2013, 10:11 PM
What was interesting about this was nobody was expecting to hear this today. Somebody threw out a Posey question, and we thought we'd get the standard on track sort of comment, and then he talks about Posey coming back after the game if he keeps progressing.

TejasTom
08-15-2013, 12:43 AM
... and doesn't use his helmet to catch the ball.

I like the way Lemon catches the ball also but it worked for this guy.
http://barrydean.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/david-tyree-catch.jpg

I am glad to hear the news on Posey!

Brisco_County
08-15-2013, 12:51 AM
HGH is a helluva drug

I really don't want to say yet what I think on this topic. Just that I've read everything that CnD has posted about Achilles tears since DeMeco's injury, and this timeframe really doesn't jive.

Corrosion
08-15-2013, 01:17 AM
I like the way Lemon catches the ball also but it worked for this guy.

I am glad to hear the news on Posey!

I was referring to Lestar Jean getting hit in the facemask by a pass from Case Keenum against the Vikes ... He didn't bother to use his hands.

Wolf6151
08-15-2013, 01:29 AM
I really don't want to say yet what I think on this topic. Just that I've read everything that CnD has posted about Achilles tears since DeMeco's injury, and this timeframe really doesn't jive.

I was thinking the same thing. I sure hope Kubiak isn't pushing Posey to get back sooner than he should, I'd much rather we PUP Posey and then bring him back mid-season.

Texn4life
08-15-2013, 01:34 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I sure hope Kubiak isn't pushing Posey to get back sooner than he should, I'd much rather we PUP Posey and then bring him back mid-season.

I kind of feel the same way, but if the team doctors feel like he's good to go then I'm on board with it. Kubiak is known to be shaky about the extent of injuries, but other than a few examples like Arian a couple of years ago I haven't known them to rush guys back before they were really healthy. Honestly I think the Arian situation was more of him just insisting on coming back sooner than he needed to and he ended up re-injuring himself in the 49er Preseason game. I think Kubiak has learned his lesson since then.

MidtownMikey
08-15-2013, 01:45 AM
While I'm not trying to suggest Posey will eventually become a 90+ catches/1.4K yards/10 tds WR, his recovery timeframe isn't any difference than what Demaryius Thomas had back in 2011.

Thomas was injured sometime early in Feb. working out, was expected to miss the whole season with the Achilles tear, but was actually removed from the PUP list prior to the first game. He ended up breaking his pinkie during that first practice and missed the next 5 games so it is hard to tell how ready he truly was, but at the same time Posey's injury was earlier than Thomas's, so he's had slightly longer to recover.

Definitely is bad news for LeStar, Bonner, and Lemon though. In my mind pretty much cements that only one of those 3 will find a spot on the roster, so unless Lemon goes to PS and Bonner is IR-stashed, I think after the preseason is over LeStar will no longer be a Texan.

HJam72
08-15-2013, 08:23 AM
Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with guys using HGH to recover from injuries--it might even be the best thing for them. They'd just need to stop when declared healthy. I wouldn't want them using it just as a PED, and, no, I wouldn't want baseball pitchers using it all the time. JMO.

jtexas
08-15-2013, 08:37 AM
I trust the coaches know me than me, but this seems freakish. I have a hard time thinking he will actually be able to contribute for at least a few months. Leave him on the PUP

thunderkyss
08-15-2013, 09:03 AM
I personally expected him to be PUPed until 6 weeks in. If he comes back and he can pick up where he left off, that changes that WR group up.

I doubt he's going to come in where he left off. If it's going to take him 6 weeks to get his conditioning up to where it needs to be, it's going to take 6 weeks.

If that 6 weeks starts now, he'll be the guy we need him to be by week 3. If he can't start that process until week 6 of the season, we won't see the guy we need to see until week 12.

I hope they are being as cautious as they can be & this is the right decision. I'd love to see a WR corps with AJ, DeAndre, & Posey.

I also hope to see more 4 WR sets causing the Texans to keep 6.

But I also want them to keep 4 TEs, 4 RBs, 6 OLBs, & 5 CBs... so we'll see.

CloakNNNdagger
08-15-2013, 09:30 AM
I'm becoming concerned about the growing list of players being considered for the opening day roster that will be of question in terms of time for being prepared to see the field, and when they do see the field, having questionable ability to contribute even at a minimally acceptable level.........Williams, Montgomery, Reed, Posey, Smith.

I am happy to hear of Posey's and the team's "positiveness." But that must be balanced with the fact that he has yet to participate in full contact play/game play. He is a wide receiver whose performance is based on explosiveness and repeatedly having to jump high and come down hard, putting continual extremely concentrated stresses on that repaired Achilles..........conditions that can quickly compromise performance even more than expected for a player at this point from an Achilles rupture, and create scenario for setback. The Texans better take seriously the potential for not being able to fall back on PUP again, especially not really knowing what his long term performance is likely to be at any point.

Porky
08-15-2013, 11:28 AM
I'm becoming concerned about the growing list of players being considered for the opening day roster that will be of question in terms of time for being prepared to see the field, and when they do see the field, having questionable ability to contribute even at a minimally acceptable level.........Williams, Montgomery, Reed, Posey, Smith.

I am happy to hear of Posey's and the team's "positiveness." But that must be balanced with the fact that he has yet to participate in full contact play/game play. He is a wide receiver whose performance is based on explosiveness and repeatedly having to jump high and come down hard, putting continual extremely concentrated stresses on that repaired Achilles..........conditions that can quickly compromise performance even more than expected for a player at this point from an Achilles rupture, and create scenario for setback. The Texans better take seriously the potential for not being able to fall back on PUP again, especially not really knowing what his long term performance is likely to be at any point.

Not to be a contrarian, but don't you think his Dr's and the team Dr's are taking all of that into consideration? I'm a bit worried too - BUT if he is ready, he is ready.

The Pencil Neck
08-15-2013, 11:42 AM

See... the problem with what you're saying is that you think you're getting good data about what the injuries actually are and what their severities actually are from press conferences and interviews. Granted, you may be entirely right about your assessments BUT... I think I think you're making a bad assumption.

I've said this since Day 1 of the Kubiak regime but I do not trust one word that comes out of their mouths. I personally believe (and have absolutely no problem with) the Texans' FO consciously lies and misleads everyone regarding the severity of injuries, the extent of injuries, and even exactly what those injuries are. I think there's a concerted effort to misreport things like this. I think there's a concerted effort to present things incorrectly and use very loose definitions and play it off with "Oh, well, yeah, but you'd have to talk to Kap about this. I really only know what they tell me."

I don't think this is limited to the Texans FO. Tom Brady has had a bad shoulder for 10 years at this point. So I don't think it's a bad thing.

But taking what the FO says and trying to decipher that into an understanding of the nature and extent of an injury is like building the Taj Mahal on the sands of a beach -- there's no foundation and it's going to collapse.

So, yeah, the doctors may be making a mistake rushing Devier back... otoh, they may not because the injury may not have been exactly what was originally reported.

b0ng
08-15-2013, 11:46 AM

Neither did Terrell Sugg's recovery either. That was more of a throwaway joke anyway, not an actual belief that Posey is 100% surefire using banned substances to recover from an injury.

But all people are different and people respond to rehab differently all the time and all that jazz.

thunderkyss
08-15-2013, 12:26 PM

I'm looking way ahead, but if/when Smith comes back, I bet he's in a LG rotation with QBerry.

As far as Reed. Of course many people will compare this situation to our Ahman Green situation. The best FA we could land at the time, "prolific" reputation, expected to contribute moreso because of experience & "reputation"

All the arguments I want to make for Reed, I feel like I (or someone) made the same arguments for Green.

He's a physical specimen, he takes care of/knows his body.

He plays through minor injuries.

He wants to win.

Is it just me, or is there a bit of Deja Vu here?

One big difference, is that there is a personal relationship to our greatest player & Ed continually says he doesn't want to let Dre down. Hopefully he'll hold up his end of the bargain, but yes.... there is reason for concern.

Surreal McCoy
08-15-2013, 12:29 PM
See... the problem with what you're saying is that you think you're getting good data about what the injuries actually are and what their severities actually are from press conferences and interviews. Granted, you may be entirely right about your assessments BUT... I think I think you're making a bad assumption.

I've said this since Day 1 of the Kubiak regime but I do not trust one word that comes out of their mouths. I personally believe (and have absolutely no problem with) the Texans' FO consciously lies and misleads everyone regarding the severity of injuries, the extent of injuries, and even exactly what those injuries are. I think there's a concerted effort to misreport things like this. I think there's a concerted effort to present things incorrectly and use very loose definitions and play it off with "Oh, well, yeah, but you'd have to talk to Kap about this. I really only know what they tell me."

I don't think this is limited to the Texans FO. Tom Brady has had a bad shoulder for 10 years at this point. So I don't think it's a bad thing.

But taking what the FO says and trying to decipher that into an understanding of the nature and extent of an injury is like building the Taj Mahal on the sands of a beach -- there's no foundation and it's going to collapse.

So, yeah, the doctors may be making a mistake rushing Devier back... otoh, they may not because the injury may not have been exactly what was originally reported.

Exactly. Or indeed they may not be "rushing" him back at all and this could just be part of a further smokescreen where he'll end up on the PUP or IR. Why would they do that? Every little advantage helps, so if the Chargers, or any other team spends time on preparation for Posey, well it's just that much less time they have for preparing for something else.

Again. MSR.

DX-TEX
08-15-2013, 12:34 PM
I'm looking way ahead, but if/when Smith comes back, I bet he's in a LG rotation with QBerry.

As far as Reed. Of course many people will compare this situation to our Ahman Green situation. The best FA we could land at the time, "prolific" reputation, expected to contribute moreso because of experience & "reputation"

All the arguments I want to make for Reed, I feel like I (or someone) made the same arguments for Green.

He's a physical specimen, he takes care of/knows his body.

He plays through minor injuries.

He wants to win.

Is it just me, or is there a bit of Deja Vu here?

One big difference, is that there is a personal relationship to our greatest player & Ed continually says he doesn't want to let Dre down. Hopefully he'll hold up his end of the bargain, but yes.... there is reason for concern.

Talk to ANY Ravens fans and they will laugh about this. Its Ed being Ed, its his "thing".

Texn4life
08-15-2013, 01:21 PM
Talk to ANY Ravens fans and they will laugh about this. Its Ed being Ed, its his "thing".

Don't know what part of what he said is funny. Ed has been flaky about his desire to play in the offseason and isn't the biggest fan of training camp, but if he's physically able to play in a game then he'll play. He hasn't missed very many games at all for as physical as he plays and has been known to play through all kinds of injuries. He can be an odd man at times, but doesn't change the fact he's a warrior.

Rey
08-15-2013, 02:47 PM
I'm not presently concerned about any injury situation on the team. I think ER will be back at least by game 3.

CloakNNNdagger
08-16-2013, 06:37 AM
Just for the record, someone mentioned in another thread that Posey was going to be good to go because he is already 9 months out from his surgery. This was not correct. He is only 7 months out (surgery Jan 18).

Tailgate
08-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Posey back at practice. Baby steps... But:

Kubiak also wouldn't rule out the possibility of Posey playing this Sunday afternoon against the Saints.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Just-step-one-for-DeVier-Posey-in-Monday-return/739f9e4e-0351-4504-a094-d2c9da9eb583

SteveSlaton20
08-19-2013, 05:31 PM
Is he off the PUP list?

DX-TEX
08-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Is he off the PUP list?

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans 55m
WR @DPo8 passed his physical exam & has been removed from the Active/Physically Unable to Perform List. He is now on active roster.

Well yeah...

JCTexan
08-19-2013, 05:42 PM
Well yeah...

Nice. This is way sooner than expected. It also raises the question: Do the Texans keep six WR's on their roster this year?

LEATHERHEAD
08-19-2013, 05:58 PM
hell ya now he needs to get his wind back..maybe ?we have 3 weeks!!!!!

Playoffs
08-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Posey said his Achilles feels stronger than it did before because of seven months of working it. #TexansTalk

Although no helmets or pads today at #Texans, DeVier Posey looked really good. Cutting, sprinting, running routes catching everything.

Now official. #Texans RT @HoustonTexans: WR DeVier Posey passed his physical exam & has been removed from the PUP List. He is now on active roster.

76Texan
08-19-2013, 06:33 PM
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro

I've been hoping that he can contribute in the second half of the season, but if he can come back sooner, it will give us better depth.

I'll go slow on him though.

Playoffs
08-19-2013, 06:40 PM
I'll go slow on him though.I wish the team would, too. I think I'd manage my "assets" a bit more conservatively. Not everyone can do what A.P. did with different injuries.

DocBar
08-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Kube's says Posey will play against Dallas but that Merci won't. He cites turf as one of the reasons not to play Merci. If turf is a concern with a hamstring, wouldn't it be more so for an Achilles injury?

Is playing Posey a very good idea? I'd like to see him be able to contribute in the regular season much more than play in a game that's meaningless to anyone not fighting for a job.

Hopefully CnD will chime in on this.

(on how WR DeVier Posey has been over the last few days) Hes been good. He practiced today. Im going to play him in the game. Itll probably be a brief appearance, but he needs to just get out there and get his feet wet so to speak. Hell probably play about 12 plays. Get hit. Get tackled. All that confidence hes been working on, just make sure hes ready to go. But hes good.

(on if OLB Whitney Mercilus will play against Dallas) No, I dont see that happening. I dont think we make that decision with such a short notice here and, the fact were going there on turf, I think well just be smart and well use our time and get him ready to go for San Diego.

LINK (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Texans-Quotes-August-27/fc0bfd35-9f46-401f-af4b-da15bd65d3d7)

CloakNNNdagger
08-27-2013, 06:58 PM
Kube's says Posey will play against Dallas but that Merci won't. He cites turf as one of the reasons not to play Merci. If turf is a concern with a hamstring, wouldn't it be more so for an Achilles injury?

Is playing Posey a very good idea? I'd like to see him be able to contribute in the regular season much more than play in a game that's meaningless to anyone not fighting for a job.

Hopefully CnD will chime in on this.

LINK (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Texans-Quotes-August-27/fc0bfd35-9f46-401f-af4b-da15bd65d3d7)

Achilles typically tend to snap after cumulative stress. The final blow can be simply stepping off of a curb. However, this is a case of a repaired injury that is only 7 month past surgery. Artificial turf has been undoubtedly link to higher incidence of all muscle, tendon and ligament injuries. My impression is that his performance this year will fall short of all of high expectations floating out there by the Texans. But no matter what MY opinion on that may be, they've already rolled the dice and taken him off of PUP. I cannot follow the logic of putting Posey out there for a minute in a worthless game, on artificial turf, especially as he may still likely be unconsciously compensating (stressing another joint) somewhat to maintaining some semblance of form and performance at this very early stage.

DocBar
08-27-2013, 07:05 PM
Achilles typically tend to snap after cumulative stress. The final blow can be simply stepping off of a curb. However, this is a case of a repaired injury that is only 7 month past surgery. Artificial turf has been undoubtedly link to higher incidence of all muscle, tendon and ligament injuries. My impression is that his performance this year will fall short of all of high expectations floating out there by the Texans. But no matter what MY opinion on that may be, they've already rolled the dice and taken him off of PUP. I cannot follow the logic of putting Posey out there for a minute in a worthless game, on artificial turf, especially as he may still likely be unconsciously compensating (stressing another joint) somewhat to maintaining some semblance of form and performance at this very early stage. Thanks CnD!! We are thinking along the same lines. I also have pretty low expectations for him this year, but I certainly wouldn't risk whatever production he can provide by playing him Thursday night.

Playoffs
08-27-2013, 07:22 PM
...I cannot follow the logic of putting Posey out there for a minute in a worthless game, on artificial turf...
I can't, either. Why not put him on that injury designation that keeps him out for another 6 weeks? That would put him at ~9 months post op before game action.

Porky
08-27-2013, 07:32 PM
If he's ready - he's ready. Why conform to some internet message board standard when the Texans have Dr's available that have actually looked at the injury and his recovery. Knowing how conservative Kubes tends to be with this sort of thing actually leads me to believe he is simply way ahead of the internet guru's pre-conceived notions of a schedule.

CloakNNNdagger
08-27-2013, 07:33 PM
I can't, either. Why not put him on that injury designation that keeps him out for another 6 weeks? That would put him at ~9 months post op before game action.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to have left him on the preseason PUP, then converted him to the regular season PUP and taken off after 6 weeks? You want to leave that "designated" PUP status open for one of your important starters should they get injured during the 1st half of the season.

Porky
08-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Wouldn't it have made more sense to have left him on the preseason PUP, then converted him to the regular season PUP and taken off after 6 weeks? You want to leave that "designated" PUP status open for one of your important starters should they get injured during the 1st half of the season.

Only Kubes can answer that. I'm sure your heart and thoughts are in the right place and your expertise is unquestioned - so that weighs heavily on my analysis. But the bottom line is the Texans Dr's apparently disagree with your conclusions.

We'll see.

htownfan32
08-28-2013, 12:27 PM

So if you're on the Regular season PUP, can you be taken off any week prior to that 6 week period? Say, three weeks in? Or do you have to wait out all 6 weeks?

badboy
08-28-2013, 01:15 PM
We do not have a viable WR2 at this time, Jean is closest.

PapaL
08-28-2013, 01:21 PM
So if you're on the Regular season PUP, can you be taken off any week prior to that 6 week period? Say, three weeks in? Or do you have to wait out all 6 weeks?

Wait all 6 weeks.

http://russellstreetreport.com/cap-glossary/

A player on either PUP list is prohibited from practicing with the team. During Training Camp, a player can be removed from “active” PUP at any time. If a player remains on PUP once the season starts, he must be moved to the “reserve” PUP list, but he does not count toward the 53-man roster. He cannot practice with the team for the first 6 weeks and cannot be removed from PUP until after week 6 (other than to go on Injured Reserve (IR)). Once week 6 has passed, the player can practice with the team for up to 3 weeks and then must either be added to the 53-man roster or put on IR for the rest of the year, thereby ending his season.

drs23
08-28-2013, 04:12 PM

Yes, this.

The Pencil Neck
08-28-2013, 04:28 PM

You have to wait it out. You can't return early.

EDIT: Ooops. Didn't see that this was already answered.

Playoffs
08-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Kubiak said he'll get around 12 snaps. #Texans RT Devier Posey: Just landed in Dallas with the homies . #finaltuneup

drs23
08-28-2013, 05:25 PM
You have to wait it out. You can't return early.

EDIT: Ooops. Didn't see that this was already answered.

Stay in the truck TPN, got it. :winky:

htownfan32
08-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Hope to see DeVier continue the progress he was making at the end of last season. I saw flashes, hopefully those flashes will turn into full-on glares :D

b0ng
08-29-2013, 08:08 PM
https://vine.co/v/hi9g15uKrBO

76Texan
08-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Posey is looking good.
:fans:

Marcus
08-29-2013, 09:57 PM
Posey is looking good.h
:fans:

Yes, he is. Kinda puts to bed all of this "concern" that they brought him back too soon.

Like Porky said, if he's ready, he's ready. And tonight, he looked pretty damn ready to me.

Vance87
08-29-2013, 10:33 PM
VDM said he'll be full go for San Diego.

Playoffs
08-29-2013, 10:52 PM
So far, so good.

http://www.thegodboxproject.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Fingers-crossed1.jpg

htownfan32
08-29-2013, 10:53 PM
VDM said he'll be full go for San Diego.

Man, I'm stoked to see Andre, DeAndre, and DeVier in one game together. I feel like our WR corps is going to be sick this year.

DX-TEX
08-29-2013, 11:04 PM
Man, I'm stoked to see Andre, DeAndre, and DeVier in one game together. I feel like our WR corps is going to be sick this year.

3 wide out set with those 3 at WR, OD at TE and Arian in the backfield.......

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/bitterbutler/DaffyDuck-Fap.gif

Marcus
08-29-2013, 11:08 PM

Oh my God!. . . :spit:

Playoffs
08-29-2013, 11:28 PM

Ermmmmmm......

http://cdn.head-fi.org/f/f8/f8692485_spock.gif

guichows6
08-29-2013, 11:52 PM

Lmao!lol:

Corrosion
08-29-2013, 11:54 PM
I remember being one of the few happy when the team drafted Posey ....

As far as WR goes later in the draft .... Remember the name DeVier Posey from Ohio St.

Curious where you guy's have DeVier Posey from Ohio State ranked. Dont see him on anyone's list.

Has good size , speed and separation ..... Could likely be had in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

Im also high on DeVier Posey .... He has fantastic hands , great acceleration & change of direction. Tho not as big as some of the others at "only" 6'1" 210. I think he would fit well in the slot on this squad. I saw this guy doing some live drills and came away thoroughly impressed ....

Those two guy's would be my targets at the WR position in the 3rd to 4th rounds.

Didn't really want him playing tonight but I'm more than satisfied with his performance. He didn't look like a guy who just came off of such a sever injury , then again we have to remember it was against the backups.

Real glad they didn't run Hopkins out there ..... No need to rush him back and risk further injury.

ChampionTexan
08-30-2013, 12:05 AM

Somebody obviously agrees with your statement, and adds an interesting (and very likely true) twist to it.

From BRB
I still firmly believe that had Posey not been injured DeAndre Hopkins would not be a Texan right now, but the fact that both of these future star receivers (yeah, I said it) are on the same roster for the foreseeable future should make Houston fans positively giddy.
LINK (http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/8/29/4674472/texans-vs-cowboys-final-score-houston-runs-all-over-dallas-24-6)

Corrosion
08-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Somebody obviously agrees with your statement, and adds an interesting (and very likely true) twist to it.

From BRB

LINK (http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/8/29/4674472/texans-vs-cowboys-final-score-houston-runs-all-over-dallas-24-6)

I heard that same statement on the radio earlier today .... don't recall which channel.

thunderkyss
08-30-2013, 08:05 AM
Didn't really want him playing tonight but I'm more than satisfied with his performance. He didn't look like a guy who just came off of such a sever injury , then again we have to remember it was against the backups.

Did we ever get an "official" description of his injury? I believe the longer time frame we were looking at was based on a complete tear of the Achilles Tendon. Maybe his was a slight, or at least less than complete, tear??

CloakNNNdagger
08-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Did we ever get an "official" description of his injury? I believe the longer time frame we were looking at was based on a complete tear of the Achilles Tendon. Maybe his was a slight, or at least less than complete, tear??

The Texans never reported anything but "Achilles tear" or "Achilles rupture".........no specifics of "partial" vs. "complete" have ever been revealed.

thunderkyss
08-30-2013, 09:45 AM
The Texans never reported anything but "Achilles tear" or "Achilles rupture".........no specifics of "partial" vs. "complete" have ever been revealed.

So for all we know it could have been a partial tear & he's well withing the appropriate time frame for a full recover, right?

Playoffs
08-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
#Texans' DeVier Posey: "When you put the pads on and strap the helmet on youre all amped up and youre like, Dang, I miss this.' " #NFL

GuerillaBlack
08-30-2013, 10:39 AM

ADD?

DX-TEX
08-30-2013, 10:47 AM
ADD?

DDP! The diamond cutter offense!

PapaL
08-30-2013, 10:51 AM
ADD?

DAD

IDEXAN
08-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Texans' Comeback Player of the Year !

76Texan
08-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Texans' Comeback Player of the Year !

On the offensive side, yes.
I hope Cushing gets the overall nod, though.

CloakNNNdagger
08-30-2013, 01:16 PM
So for all we know it could have been a partial tear & he's well withing the appropriate time frame for a full recover, right?

With a partial or a complete tear, it depends how much of the tendon is left shredded like the ends of a paint brush. The shredded areas cannot be sewn together in that like two ends of a paint brush, it wouldn't hold sutures. So they need to be removed to the levels where the tendon is entirely still in tact and strong and can hold the sutures. If the shredding is less extensive, less tissue needs to be removed, and the tendon is shortened less. If the shredding is more extensive, much more tissue is required to be removed to leave strong healthy tissue to hold sutures securely. The more shortening of the tendon, the more tension is placed on the repair and theoretically the more difficult and potentially longer the rehab to try to re-stretch and soften and counteract stiffness. Minimally invasive surgeries have also SOMETIMES shortened rehab. We know nothing about the exact details of Posey's findings or surgery to define or predict what his expected rehab would be.

Certainly, Posey has given us reason for some optimism. However, we should still be guarded as to how well he will perform in real games with longer and more difficult routes against starter caliber Ds (all factors placing much more stress on the repair and level of performance).........and then watch carefully for if there is continued reason for maintaining optimism with continued improvement, or reason for disappointment with deterioration of his performance into the beginning of the season.

76Texan
08-30-2013, 01:20 PM
I prefer they go slow with Posey and take whatever precaution they can with Hopkins. I would rather not having to draft another receiver next year.

CloakNNNdagger
08-30-2013, 01:37 PM
I prefer they go slow with Posey and take whatever precaution they can with Hopkins. I would rather not having to draft another receiver next year.

And if they're smart, they will.

Playoffs
08-30-2013, 02:06 PM
http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB16681--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG
http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB16682--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG
http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB16817--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG
--houstontexans.com

PapaL
08-30-2013, 02:06 PM
That was one helluva catch.

IDEXAN
08-30-2013, 02:30 PM
On the offensive side, yes.
I hope Cushing gets the overall nod, though.
Cushing looks good so far, but his injury was in Oct while Posey's injury was this year, just 7 months ago and involved an Achilles. It's only fair to award the honor to Posey over Cushing.

76Texan
08-30-2013, 02:45 PM
Cushing looks good so far, but his injury was in Oct while Posey's injury was this year, just 7 months ago and involved an Achilles. It's only fair to award the honor to Posey over Cushing.

I think we should better wait until they finish the season. :bender:

thunderkyss
08-30-2013, 03:24 PM
With a partial or a complete tear, it depends how much of the tendon is left shredded like the ends of a paint brush. The shredded areas cannot be sewn together in that like two ends of a paint brush, it wouldn't hold sutures. So they need to be removed to the levels where the tendon is entirely still in tact and strong and can hold the sutures. If the shredding is less extensive, less tissue needs to be removed, and the tendon is shortened less. If the shredding is more extensive, much more tissue is required to be removed to leave strong healthy tissue to hold sutures securely. The more shortening of the tendon, the more tension is placed on the repair and theoretically the more difficult and potentially longer the rehab to try to re-stretch and soften and counteract stiffness. Minimally invasive surgeries have also SOMETIMES shortened rehab. We know nothing about the exact details of Posey's findings or surgery to define or predict what his expected rehab would be.

Certainly, Posey has given us reason for some optimism. However, we should still be guarded as to how well he will perform in real games with longer and more difficult routes against starter caliber Ds (all factors placing much more stress on the repair and level of performance).........and then watch carefully for if there is continued reason for maintaining optimism with continued improvement, or reason for disappointment with deterioration of his performance into the beginning of the season.

Sorry, I've given out too much rep in the last 24 hours.

Thanks for the detailed reply in laymen's terms.

CloakNNNdagger
08-30-2013, 03:27 PM
Sorry, I've given out too much rep in the last 24 hours.

Thanks for the detailed reply in laymen's terms.

:tiphat:

drs23
08-30-2013, 06:36 PM
And if they're smart, they will.

Doc, seems as though you might qualify for a reprimand here. I'm just guessing you don't read the "quotes" too often or you would know that Gary's favorite saying is "we're going to be smart" with xxxx. :kitten:

:D

CloakNNNdagger
08-30-2013, 07:12 PM
Doc, seems as though you might qualify for a reprimand here. I'm just guessing you don't read the "quotes" too often or you would know that Gary's favorite saying is "we're going to be smart" with xxxx. :kitten:

:D

And I thought I was the only one who noticed that. :)

SAMURAITEXAN
08-30-2013, 10:42 PM
And I thought I was the only one who noticed that. :)

CloakNNNdagger, I always wanted to ask you this. Why don't you change you Handle name CloakNNNdagger to THE DOC. I always called you Doc and some other members as well. It just sounds more appropriate to me. Since you are real doctor, I really like to see a sticky thread call ASK DOC. In this way, we all can ask medical question concerning Texans' players health status. I assume you are very busy man being a doctor and I don't know if this is possible but it would be great if you can find time to do this.

By keeping in one thread about medical question, not only to ask Doc a question but we can use as our medical dictionary as NFL players injury happens to a similar area of body ie knee, ankle, foot, shoulder and etc.

Playoffs
08-30-2013, 11:02 PM
Why don't you change you Handle name CloakNNNdagger to...http://www.en.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC_shhh.gif http://volkswagenownersclub.com/vw/images/smilies/secret.gif

Texecutioner
08-30-2013, 11:28 PM
Posey made like 4 nice plays for the entire season last year before getting hurt. I just don't understand the optimism and the excitement in the guy. I'm not saying that he can't possibly perform, but I am certainly not expecting it. He wasn't able to wow the coaches enough to stop them from using a late first round pick on a WR. They also grabbed WR's last season in the draft. Other then Andre there just hash't been another guy to have a consistent stretch of production for more then one season. I am really hoping that Hopkins can respond to the challenge.

thunderkyss
08-30-2013, 11:49 PM
Posey made like 4 nice plays for the entire season last year before getting hurt. I just don't understand the optimism and the excitement in the guy. I'm not saying that he can't possibly perform, but I am certainly not expecting it. He wasn't able to wow the coaches enough to stop them from using a late first round pick on a WR. They also grabbed WR's last season in the draft. Other then Andre there just hash't been another guy to have a consistent stretch of production for more then one season. I am really hoping that Hopkins can respond to the challenge.

Because of Posey's suspension we expected it to take some time for him to get up to football speed, even longer to get to NFL football speed.

I was told that he was a first round talent, but because of that suspension he fell. After seeing him on game day, regardless how many balls he caught or didn't catch, I'm a believer.

In my mind, Andre, DeAndre, & Posey are three 1st round WRs.

Then when you consider all the feel good stories about how he stayed involved with the Ohio's football program mentoring the younger players & the attitude he had throughout the off-season & season and all you hear about is how hard he works..... then he has the Achilles thing & he's still chop'n wood.

Hard not to like a guy like that.

infantrycak
08-31-2013, 12:01 AM
He wasn't able to wow the coaches enough to stop them from using a late first round pick on a WR.

You think maybe that had more to do with his medical prognosis rather than his on field performance. CnD was saying he might not play at all this year and may never be the player he was.

Corrosion
08-31-2013, 12:32 AM
Because of Posey's suspension we expected it to take some time for him to get up to football speed, even longer to get to NFL football speed.

I was told that he was a first round talent, but because of that suspension he fell. After seeing him on game day, regardless how many balls he caught or didn't catch, I'm a believer.

I think I was the one trumpeting this horn .... IMO no way does he fall to the third round if he didn't get suspended .... the kid got open and made big plays .... far too often.

I saw him in predraft drills with Justin Blackmon , Michael Floyd , Kendall Wright , A. J. Jenkins & Alshon Jeffery .... He had the best hands of the bunch - By Far.

In that draft , I would have taken a couple players above him at the position , but there was no "greater value" at the position than Posey where the Texans took him .....He was definitely a first round talent with questions to be answered - He has answered those character questions .... Now he has to prove that he still has the physical skills after the achilles injury. If the past is any indication , I cant doubt the kid.

Seems like this kid cant get out from under the microscope ....

In my mind, Andre, DeAndre, & Posey are three 1st round WRs.

Then when you consider all the feel good stories about how he stayed involved with the Ohio's football program mentoring the younger players & the attitude he had throughout the off-season & season and all you hear about is how hard he works..... then he has the Achilles thing & he's still chop'n wood.

Hard not to like a guy like that.

Dude has worked his ass off to get back on the field .... Character questions .... throw them away.

Insideop
08-31-2013, 12:59 AM
CloakNNNdagger, I always wanted to ask you this. Why don't you change you Handle name CloakNNNdagger to THE DOC. I always called you Doc and some other members as well. It just sounds more appropriate to me. Since you are real doctor, I really like to see a sticky thread call ASK DOC. In this way, we all can ask medical question concerning Texans' players health status. I assume you are very busy man being a doctor and I don't know if this is possible but it would be great if you can find time to do this.

By keeping in one thread about medical question, not only to ask Doc a question but we can use as our medical dictionary as NFL players injury happens to a similar area of body ie knee, ankle, foot, shoulder and etc.

I'm sure this is the reason he doesn't want everyone to know he's a doctor, although most on here do by now. He would probably be overwhelmed with all kinds of medical questions and people wanting free advice for all their own aches and pains. As it is now, he gives us a lot of insight and information about injuries to the players that we can't get from any other sources. Besides, I think he has a pretty cool handle and avatar. I always thought he might be a surgeon and the handle was just a play on words. Just a guess. :shades:

Carr Bombed
08-31-2013, 01:14 AM

Because a lot of "DOCs" are just quacks. Trust me I've seen plenty of them the last few years.. I finally got properly diagnosed with cancer after seeing 3 or 4 "DOCs" who had me checked out for breast cancer (damn that mammogram machine hurts like hell, never knew I had that much breast tissue to press.. I gained a new perspective on what women have to go through.. ouch!) and accused me of taking steroids. (Yes what Cushing tried to pass as a excuse... I actually went through) Not every doctor cuts with a knife and performs operations. CloakNNNDagger is a specialist and is a surgeon.. Him holding the handle of simply DOC would be undermining his real rank in his field.

It would be like calling a General, Sarg.

Plus, the handle CloackNNNdagger and that avatar are pretty badass. :)

Corrosion
08-31-2013, 02:09 AM
.. Him holding the handle of simply DOC would be undermining his real rank in his field.

I have yet to ask CND a medical question he couldn't answer .... and they have been many.

SAMURAITEXAN
08-31-2013, 02:33 AM
Because a lot of "DOCs" are just quacks. Trust me I've seen plenty of them the last few years.. I finally got properly diagnosed with cancer after seeing 3 or 4 "DOCs" who had me checked out for breast cancer (damn that mammogram machine hurts like hell, never knew I had that much breast tissue to press.. I gained a new perspective on what women have to go through.. ouch!) and accused me of taking steroids. (Yes what Cushing tried to pass as a excuse... I actually went through) Not every doctor cuts with a knife and performs operations. CloakNNNDagger is a specialist and is a surgeon.. Him holding the handle of simply DOC would be undermining his real rank in his field.

Alright man, General it is but Mclame is also called himself General right? However, we need CloakNNNDagger to confirm this. What do you think about making sticky thread for General. This should eliminate General answering same questions about injury over and over. And, we all be able to use this thread as medical info. It is up to General though. Maybe Special Medical Adviser for TTC or TTC Special Medical Adviser would be more appropriate?

Carr Bombed
08-31-2013, 04:22 AM
I have yet to ask CND a medical question he couldn't answer .... and they have been many.

Imagine the schooling it takes to reach being a surgeon, I'm pretty sure he knows just about everything there needs to be known about the human anatomy,

I come from a medical family of R.N nurses (sister, mom, grandma) if I had to guess.. I'll guess he's into sports medicine. If you need a hip replaced, shoulder, knee, or whatever.. he's probably the guy to see.

I didn't want to bother him with the issue I was having at the time, but next time something like that happens, I'm certainly going to hit him up, because I trust his opinion more than "Dr Patel" and the 3 other "Dr. Patel's" my family doctor sends me to.

HJam72
08-31-2013, 08:58 AM
Well, for me (& I was the OP), I don't expect Posey to outplay somebody like Hopkins. I just know he is more promising than most if not all of our guys behind AJ & DH. Getting him healthy just gets me excited about DEPTH & multi-receiver formations.

CloakNNNdagger
08-31-2013, 10:19 AM

http://www.en.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC_shhh.gif http://volkswagenownersclub.com/vw/images/smilies/secret.gif

I'm sure this is the reason he doesn't want everyone to know he's a doctor, although most on here do by now. He would probably be overwhelmed with all kinds of medical questions and people wanting free advice for all their own aches and pains. As it is now, he gives us a lot of insight and information about injuries to the players that we can't get from any other sources. Besides, I think he has a pretty cool handle and avatar. I always thought he might be a surgeon and the handle was just a play on words. Just a guess. :shades:

Alright man, General it is but Mclame is also called himself General right? However, we need CloakNNNDagger to confirm this. What do you think about making sticky thread for General. This should eliminate General answering same questions about injury over and over. And, we all be able to use this thread as medical info. It is up to General though. Maybe Special Medical Adviser for TTC or TTC Special Medical Adviser would be more appropriate?

Samuraitexan,

I appreciate all the positive words by you and others. I try to visit this site regularly in order to "converse" with all the good fans and friends I've made here....and to relate injury information that might enhance the understanding of "what happened" and "what might be expected." I have never "turned away" anyone when they have approached me for opinions, advice, referrals for significant medical or surgical problems. Time-wise I am limited, and I believe that beginning a "general" medical THREAD may prove undoable. I do wish that there was some way to have a separate thread that could be sticky'ed for my more important injury posts, duplicate to where the post was to begin with. Our "search engine" is not terribly retrieval-specific or helpful in many cases.......and our "archive" is discarded after 1 year. Being able to key in a couple of identifying words (separately) at the top of each post placed in this sticky thread, such as "Deandre Hopkins" / "Concussion" would very possibly make injury information easier to retrieve. I do wish our search engine could be improved, but that may be an unfortunate limitation of the program. I'm not about to complain too much as I would never again want to deal with deal with the screwy limitations and quirks of the "official" HT website. Hookem has brought us all together here, and his efforts along with those all of the supporting Mods should never be overlooked.

You all can refer to me however you feel comfortable. I shall remain CloakNNNdagger...........with that little "Dark Side.":)

Playoffs
08-31-2013, 11:02 AM
...Being able to key in a couple of identifying words (separately) at the top of each post placed in this sticky thread, such as "Deandre Hopkins" / "Concussion" would very possibly make injury information easier to retrieve. I do wish our search engine could be improved...Try this Google (https://www.google.com/) search...

Start with this: site:www.texanstalk.com/forums/

Then add which word(s) your want to search for after it:

site:www.texanstalk.com/forums/ "Deandre Hopkins" concussion

Note 1) no spaces in the front site:www.texansta... part, 2) the space after the last /, and 3) the quotes which will return the exact phrase inside them.

So it will look like this: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Awww.texanstalk.com%2Fforums%2F+%20%22Dea ndre+Hopkins%22+Concussion

or here's a ready made search for you to add your query at the end:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Awww.texanstalk.com%2Fforums%2F+

Just hit the space bar and type in your query.

Note in the results page you can use "Search Tools" to specify preset time periods ( past hour, past 24 hours, past week, month, year) or you can enter a custom date range to search.

After specifying a time period, you can then Sort by relevance or Sort by date.

Not perfect, but usable imo. :fostering:

CloakNNNdagger
08-31-2013, 12:16 PM
Try this Google (https://www.google.com/) search...

Note 1) no spaces in the front site:www.texansta... part, 2) the space after the last /, and 3) the quotes which will return the exact phrase inside them.

So it will look like this: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Awww.texanstalk.com%2Fforums%2F+%20%22Dea ndre+Hopkins%22+Concussion

Note in the results page you can use "Search Tools" to specify preset time periods ( past hour, past 24 hours, past week, month, year) or you can enter a custom date range to search.

MSR.........definitely works much better!.:)

Texecutioner
08-31-2013, 01:13 PM
You think maybe that had more to do with his medical prognosis rather than his on field performance. CnD was saying he might not play at all this year and may never be the player he was.

Wishful thinking on your part. If he was some stud they felt they could rely on they wouldnt have gone crazy looking for receivers. They never had strong confidence in him last season either. All of this crazy optimism you guys have is really no different then the hype you guys kept pushing on guys like Molden. Posey has not ever proven anything at this point. If he was on the Jags and some guy from their boards came over here hyping his potential up for the season he would get laughed off of this board.

thunderkyss
08-31-2013, 01:48 PM
Posey has not ever proven anything at this point. If he was on the Jags and some guy from their boards came over here hyping his potential up for the season he would get laughed off of this board.

They could be bragging about the potential of Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, & Wes Welker & we'd still laugh at them because of their QB.

I agree it's mostly optimism for Posey's potential but nothing's wrong with that. It's the same as the excitement we share for Hopkins. Neither has proven anything but we like what we see so far.

It's all we can do right now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

infantrycak
08-31-2013, 02:19 PM
Wishful thinking on your part.

No the medical issues and concern are fact and well documented. Everything else you said is just blather.

PS - you are barking up the wrong tree trying to "you guys" me. The only thing I said was your argument that Posey didn't show anything caused them to draft Hopkins was a ridiculous argument when Posey's career was in jeopardy.

paycheck71
09-01-2013, 01:51 AM
Dude has worked his ass off to get back on the field .... Character questions .... throw them away.

Exactly. I remember him discussing his suspension after the 2012 draft on the radio. He sold a ring or some other memorabilia to help his mom pay her rent or something like that. If that's true, it adds to his character, not subtracts from it IMO. NCAA can shove their moronic rules up their ass.

My wife went to Ohio State, and I was very happy when we drafted him since I probably saw most of his games for OSU.

SAMURAITEXAN
09-01-2013, 02:08 AM
Samuraitexan,

I appreciate all the positive words by you and others. I try to visit this site regularly in order to "converse" with all the good fans and friends I've made here....and to relate injury information that might enhance the understanding of "what happened" and "what might be expected." I have never "turned away" anyone when they have approached me for opinions, advice, referrals for significant medical or surgical problems. Time-wise I am limited, and I believe that beginning a "general" medical THREAD may prove undoable. I do wish that there was some way to have a separate thread that could be sticky'ed for my more important injury posts, duplicate to where the post was to begin with. Our "search engine" is not terribly retrieval-specific or helpful in many cases.......and our "archive" is discarded after 1 year. Being able to key in a couple of identifying words (separately) at the top of each post placed in this sticky thread, such as "Deandre Hopkins" / "Concussion" would very possibly make injury information easier to retrieve. I do wish our search engine could be improved, but that may be an unfortunate limitation of the program. I'm not about to complain too much as I would never again want to deal with deal with the screwy limitations and quirks of the "official" HT website. Hookem has brought us all together here, and his efforts along with those all of the supporting Mods should never be overlooked.

You all can refer to me however you feel comfortable. I shall remain CloakNNNdagger...........with that little "Dark Side.":)

You are welcome. I really appreciate your medical insights which helped me understand better about severity of player/s injuries. Just a thought to make it easier for all of us to search football injury in general.

BTW, good info Playoffs! This kind of info helps for an old man like myself that is not up to current technology:cool:

ObsiWan
09-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Try this Google (https://www.google.com/) search...

MSR!

Is it possible to sticky info this into the FAQ section?
this is much too useful to be buried in a thread about Posey's injury that may possibly be forgotten once the season starts.

Now I understand why you have your own set of smilies and you can find all those apropos picts & gifs.

admits to no small amount of envy