PDA

View Full Version : Channel 13 needs a glass stomach

NastyNate
08-10-2013, 08:43 PM
...Because they can't possibly continue to function with their heads' up their own asses. This re-broadcast is abysmal, my cell phone captures better video.

Corrosion
08-10-2013, 08:51 PM
I hope I never have to watch another game on that channel .... Texans games are the only occasion that I will tune into to that channel - they lost me during the last presidential election with their political bias.

RTP2110
08-10-2013, 10:08 PM
They have had the Texans' preseason games since day 1, how long does it take to get this figured out?

EllisUnit
08-10-2013, 10:31 PM
well our rookies get their feet wet on game 1 of preseason i guess they do too

powda
08-11-2013, 06:28 AM
The worst part was ONLY losing video and not audio. I still had to listen to Spencer "slow to, fast thru" Tillman. How can a guy with a voice that good be so hard to listen to? No ideal what the other broadcasters name is but he was just as obnoxious with his pop warner observations.

Corrosion
08-11-2013, 06:39 AM
The worst part was ONLY losing video and not audio. I still had to listen to Spencer "slow to, fast thru" Tillman. How can a guy with a voice that good be so hard to listen to? No ideal what the other broadcasters name is but he was just as obnoxious with his pop warner observations.

Watching Spencer wasn't easy either ... His attempt to "model" that bag was comical.

Stemp
08-11-2013, 09:43 AM
NFL network is replaying all the preseason games and they had the repaly on last night which I recorded and am watching now.

Looks like it was the Vikings announcers,but at least I'll be able to watch it.

Hervoyel
08-11-2013, 09:51 AM

Joel Meyer I think. Guy is terrible but he fits in perfectly next to Tillman who is also terrible. I have only ever had exposure to Oilers and Texans preseason game broadcasts so I was wondering if anyone who had lived elsewhere could tell me if the team there had an equally lousy preseason crew/broadcast or if this is just a Texans thing.

I don't remember the Oiler's preseason games being this lousy but it has been a long time so maybe they were...

CloakNNNdagger
08-11-2013, 10:25 AM
For anyone that listened to the Kubiak Conference yesterday, you would have to ask yourself, can't they afford some better sound equipment themselves. The entire broadcast sounded like Kubiak was talking into a muffled tin can. The only clearly unmistakable sounds were those created by Kubiak tapping the podium.

Showtime100
08-11-2013, 11:44 AM
NFL network is replaying all the preseason games and they had the repaly on last night which I recorded and am watching now.

Looks like it was the Vikings announcers,but at least I'll be able to watch it.

Yeah, at least we could watch the game, but their announcers left a lot to be desired....lol. Plus they were doing a lot of sideline interviews at precisely the wrong times (as it so happened).

Still, it was nice to see the game. :)

brakos82
08-11-2013, 11:55 AM
For anyone that listened to the Kubiak Conference yesterday, you would have to ask yourself, can't they afford some better sound equipment themselves. The entire broadcast sounded like Kubiak was talking into a muffled tin can. The only clearly unmistakable sounds were those created by Kubiak tapping the podium.
I'm having trouble with the radar, sir. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXKOsajNZY4)

CloakNNNdagger
08-11-2013, 12:21 PM
I'm having trouble with the radar, sir. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXKOsajNZY4)
LOL. Kubiak sounded just like the guy speaking through the intercom piece (~32 secs).

IDEXAN
08-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Not that I'm generally sympathetic to the media, but I bet the local Houston media didn't appreciate much the Saturday afternoon presser after many may have got in quite late from covering the game in Minneapolis the night before. But then Kubiak is anything but media friendly.

CloakNNNdagger
08-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Not that I'm generally sympathetic to the media, but I bet the local Houston media didn't appreciate much the Saturday afternoon presser after many may have got in quite late from covering the game in Minneapolis the night before. But then Kubiak is anything but media friendly.

He seemed much more curt and in a hurry to leave the podium than usual. Didn't feel like he was in a great mood for whatever reason.

bayoudreamn
08-11-2013, 09:48 PM
...Because they can't possibly continue to function with their heads' up their own asses. This re-broadcast is abysmal, my cell phone captures better video.

Sorry to have to tell you this, but the rebroadcast isn't for you. They are rebroadcasting because all those commercials got axed/messed up by the bad feed. Now they can tell all those advertisers they gave them 2 for the price of 1 so they don't complain about paying for ads that didn't run or run clean.

darnbni99a
08-11-2013, 11:12 PM
wow so the re-broadcast was messed up too? thats a dam shame smh...

Texn4life
08-11-2013, 11:18 PM
I think their broadcats makes for a fun drinking game. Take a drink or a shot whenever they say the wrong name of a player, mispronounce a name, or screw something else up. I'm positive there are many ideas that could contribute to a fun game.

DocBar
08-11-2013, 11:18 PM
Joel Meyer I think. Guy is terrible but he fits in perfectly next to Tillman who is also terrible. I have only ever had exposure to Oilers and Texans preseason game broadcasts so I was wondering if anyone who had lived elsewhere could tell me if the team there had an equally lousy preseason crew/broadcast or if this is just a Texans thing.

I don't remember the Oiler's preseason games being this lousy but it has been a long time so maybe they were...In the Oiler days, there wasn't any internet to speak of. Radio was more than acceptable. We've become spoiled by todays technology. And well we should, for what we pay.

Grams
08-12-2013, 06:39 AM
Sorry to have to tell you this, but the rebroadcast isn't for you. They are rebroadcasting because all those commercials got axed/messed up by the bad feed. Now they can tell all those advertisers they gave them 2 for the price of 1 so they don't complain about paying for ads that didn't run or run clean.

The commercials were about the only thing we did see.

Playoffs
08-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Here's ABC Channel 13's telecast of Miami Dolphins @Houston Texans, for those who don't want to wait for the Saturday game...

http://www.thesidelineview.com/sites/default/files/BRRZhJqCQAAs6ob.jpg-large.jpeg

ArlingtonTexan
08-12-2013, 10:23 AM
Yeah, at least we could watch the game, but their announcers left a lot to be desired....lol. Plus they were doing a lot of sideline interviews at precisely the wrong times (as it so happened).

Still, it was nice to see the game. :)

The Vikings broadcast was comical versus plain terrible. My wife was barely paying attention and she even noticed that Hopkins made the best play of the game and they did not interrupt the useless interview to acknowledge it.

Speedy
08-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Here's ABC Channel 13's telecast of Miami Dolphins @Houston Texans, for those who don't want to wait for the Saturday game...

http://www.thesidelineview.com/sites/default/files/BRRZhJqCQAAs6ob.jpg-large.jpeg

Luckily I'll be there in person for the next 2.

Porky
08-12-2013, 12:40 PM
I posted this in another thread, but I'll quote myself here because it fits the thread better. I wonder if anyone from the Texans bothers to look at this site?

They have been a joke for years, and I have no idea why the Texans continue to affiliate with them. And it's not just because of the uplink issue Friday. That was just the cherry on top of the fail cake. The two announcers are terrible, and have been since the inception. Joel Myers (God love him) either is inept or has Alzheimer's. I've seen people at a speed dating seminar get more names correct. I kind of like Spencer on some weird level, but his cliche's got old about 8 years ago. I mean the man is literally a walking bundle of cliche's and adds no real analysis unless it includes a cliche. I somehow imagine that after his wife compliments him on his sexual performance, he says slow too, fast through, and I was just playing those deals and games baby.

I wish the ineptness just stopped there. The whole production stinks EVERY single game. The camera angles are bad, the cameramen lose the ball as much in one game as I see CBS do in a whole year. Camera work in general is bad. They play replays while there is live action going on. Do we get a replay of what we missed? Of course not - that would make too much sense. They replay unimportant things, and totally skip over the important stuff. They have stupid interviews every game that completely distract from the action on the field (this one may sadly be Texans directed). We didn't even have HD until recently. The whole freaking production from A to Z is one giant fail and this is every week for 10 years.

Enough is enough. Quit with the distracting interviews. If you must interview Jamie Roots, why not on a post game show? Hello. Mcfly. Anyone home? I sure hope the Texans are taking notice of this ****, because this is pathetic. They need to sign a new contract with another provider. 11 or 2. Give one of those two a chance. It literally could not be worse.

Stemp
08-12-2013, 12:45 PM
I didn't realize that Ch 13 didn't show the same broadcast as CBS.

Being outside of Houston, I always get the CBS feed during the regular season (when they show it) and I haven't had any complaints.

Porky
08-12-2013, 12:59 PM
I didn't realize that Ch 13 didn't show the same broadcast as CBS.

Being outside of Houston, I always get the CBS feed during the regular season (when they show it) and I haven't had any complaints.

dude, completely different. We are talking about the preseason games locally produced and shown on Channel 13 with their own announcers. Absolutely has ZERO to do with regular season games on any channel which are produced at the network level.

HOU-TEX
08-12-2013, 01:15 PM
ABC 13 has always sucked, imo

"Games and deals".....I mean, really? Who, in their football career or time following football have EVER heard that?

I was anxiously waiting for the "apple and a road map" the entire night. :sarcasm:

Playoffs
08-12-2013, 02:43 PM
The Vikings broadcast was comical versus plain terrible. My wife was barely paying attention and she even noticed that Hopkins made the best play of the game and they did not interrupt the useless interview to acknowledge it.
It was in focus, though -- so they got that going for them... which is nice.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/So-I-Got-That-Going-For-Me-Bill-Murray-In-Caddyshack.gif

powda
08-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Was it just me or did tillman praise jean near the beginning of the game about plucking the ball out the air away from his body...and say something like that's a veteran move, he's ready to do big things...

Then later in the game, jean caught a ball with his body more then his hands and tillman lamented him saying that was a mistake and he still had a lot to learn...

Then later in the game, jean plucked another with his hands and tillman commented what a savy vet type move it was?

The whole damn broadcast was bad from top to bottom. "Games and deals" is just tillman speak for "The coaches have some kind of scheme thingy happening on this play, i'm not really sure what the hell it is."

JRingo
08-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Was it just me or did tillman praise jean near the beginning of the game about plucking the ball out the air away from his body...and say something like that's a veteran move, he's ready to do big things...

Then later in the game, jean caught a ball with his body more then his hands and tillman lamented him saying that was a mistake and he still had a lot to learn...

Then later in the game, jean plucked another with his hands and tillman commented what a savy vet type move it was?

The whole damn broadcast was bad from top to bottom. "Games and deals" is just tillman speak for "The coaches have some kind of scheme thingy happening on this play, i'm not really sure what the hell it is."

Vintage Spence bro..

JRingo
08-12-2013, 06:57 PM
I posted this in another thread, but I'll quote myself here because it fits the thread better. I wonder if anyone from the Texans bothers to look at this site?

Great post. Agree 100%..

mmwest
08-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Years ago on the other MB I would feel like I was always the only one complaining about the crappy,crappy game coverage of ABC. I mean it took three extra years just to deliver it in HD. Joel and Spencer are probably great guys but they can't call a game for nadda. You wanna vent tell em here.

fanfeedback@houstontexans.com

TEXANRED
08-12-2013, 10:12 PM

Watching the replay on NFL network now and apparently Joel Dressen is back on the roster.

Texan_Bill
08-12-2013, 10:19 PM

Hilarious!!! Fortunately, I'll get to see this one in person!!.

I tried to spread some rep, unfortunately, MSR!

chicagotexan2
08-12-2013, 11:38 PM

Did he say Lester jean was 'tenacious' and 'hobby on the spot' about 43 times? If so then it was definately spencer Tillman.