PDA

View Full Version : Most likely to Happen: 2013 edition

Rey
08-06-2013, 11:32 AM
2012 version (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94117&highlight=happen)

2011 version (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84007&highlight=happen)

I've done this for a couple years in a row. I usually start the poll around pre-seaon time and close it after a few weeks.

Texans going to have to do special things to o to special places. Keep that in mind.

Thorn
08-06-2013, 11:39 AM
In 2011 I voted for Mario. LOL

Rey
08-06-2013, 11:44 AM

Had he not gotten injured he might have actually gotten that...

He was playing really well before the injury...

The Pencil Neck
08-06-2013, 11:45 AM

Me, too. :swatter:

And then I thought Mercilus, Barwin, and Reed were going to do well...

:kubepalm:

I suck at this.

Rey
08-06-2013, 11:49 AM

I suck at this.

Looks like you and Thorn always for the sacks...ya'll voted the same in both of the previous ones....

bayoudreamn
08-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Super Bowl, Baby!!:swatter:

No way to know who's gonna run the gauntlet and get there anyway, might as well pick MY team!!!

NCTexan
08-06-2013, 11:55 AM
I really, really, really wanted to pick Arian and Andre for 30+ TDs this season. Really badly. But I think Hopkins will sneak in more as well as the TEs...

I went with the sacks. If Watt has another monster year (which I can see him having, hopefully with some help), I don't think it's that far fetched that the other two manage to get 13 or so sacks... maybe...

Thorn
08-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Very tough choices this year. A lot of them had one part I think the Texans could do, but the 2nd part of the goal combined with the first would kill it for me. Like the special teams getting 4 TDs (very possible) but not allowing any all season? Nope.

I went with a rookie or 2nd year player making the pro-bowl.

76Texan
08-06-2013, 12:05 PM

I suck at this.

28 sacks, LOL!

And what's up with KMart and Jean?
They got pretty close to the goal, didn't they - Not! LOL

drs23
08-06-2013, 12:36 PM
I went with JJ Earl & Merci going sackoliscious.

Seems to be the most attainable/reasonable choice.

Texn4life
08-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Went with Schaub being healthy last year and I guess I was semi-right. He did start every game. I'm going to wait a couple of preseason games before I select this year.

pissknocker
08-06-2013, 12:44 PM
I voted for the key in my opinion to our playoff success. TAKEAWAYS BABY!

Playoffs
08-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Wow, these are tough Rey.

I'm not sure there's one I can vote for. :hmmm:

The Pencil Neck
08-06-2013, 01:21 PM
I'm going with a rookie or 2nd year player making the pro-bowl.

I'm probably jinxing someone, though.

Rey
08-06-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm going with a rookie or 2nd year player making the pro-bowl.

I'm probably jinxing someone, though.

Anybody in particular in mind?

Also, that's three years you and Thorn have picked the same option. lol

eriadoc
08-06-2013, 01:30 PM
I voted that a rookie or second year player makes the Pro Bowl. I honestly don't see more than three of those even being realistic at all. The Texans could win 14 games and the Super Bowl, and they could have the #1 defense. I sure as heck don't see them scoring 28.8 per game and finishing with the top scoring offense. No way. I suppose the sack thing is possible, but I'd need Watt to break the record to feel like it was worth voting for. And AJ and Foster combining for 30 TDs? Well, sure ... if Foster gets 22 of them.

Rey
08-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Arian had 17 last year....Andre had 4....That's 21....

That's kind of low for Andre...even though he's never been a TD machine...

It's a lofty goal I know...But people felt the same way about Watt and Antonio combining for 13.5 sacks....

This year might be the most "far fetched" as I've made them in the past, but we are a better team. Goals gotta get bigger right?

And not top offense top 3...We were at 26 ppg offensively last year and we finished 8th in scoring.

If we'd have put up our normal scoring against the bears we might have gotten there last year...And that's with some other stinkers mixed in...

Thorn
08-06-2013, 01:42 PM

Great minds think alike.

The Pencil Neck
08-06-2013, 01:47 PM

1. DeAndre Hopkins
2. Brandon Brooks (although it's hard for a guard unless he really shines)
3. Keyshawn Martin
4. Jared Crick
5. DJ Swearinger
6. Randy Bullock
7. Quessenberry
8. Trevardo Williams
9. Sam Montgomery

Those are my hopes and my expectation of their likelihood.

Texn4life
08-06-2013, 01:48 PM
1. DeAndre Hopkins
3. Keyshawn Martin
4. Jared Crick
5. DJ Swearinger
6. Randy Bullock
7. Quessenberry
8. Trevardo Williams
9. Sam Montgomery

Man, you must not think much of Mercilus at all.

Vinnie
08-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Went with Schaub being healthy last year and I guess I was semi-right. He did start every game. I'm going to wait a couple of preseason games before I select this year.

This was my vote in 2012 too. Still debating this year's choice.

The Pencil Neck
08-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Man, you must not think much of Mercilus at all.

lol

You know what... I didn't think of him at all. I should have but I didn't.

Texn4life
08-06-2013, 02:24 PM
lol

You know what... I didn't think of him at all. I should have but I didn't.

haha, funny thing is I had to really think back to who the 1st round pick was last year too. I don't know if that says something about him or us.

eriadoc
08-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Arian had 17 last year....Andre had 4....That's 21....

That's kind of low for Andre...even though he's never been a TD machine...

The next time AJ goes for double digit TDs will be the first. IIWII. *shrug*

This year might be the most "far fetched" as I've made them in the past, but we are a better team. Goals gotta get bigger right?

Agreed! Wasn't complaining. :)

And not top offense top 3...We were at 26 ppg offensively last year and we finished 8th in scoring.

If we'd have put up our normal scoring against the bears we might have gotten there last year...And that's with some other stinkers mixed in...

Misread that, but I still don't think I'd vote for that one.

I'm hoping Mercilus steps it up and the sack thing wins alongside the rookie Pro Bowl thing and the Super Bowl. :texflag:

Scooter
08-06-2013, 03:04 PM
i went with the offense. last year we scored 26ppg with a down year for our key contributors - andre with 4 touchdowns, walter with 2, and tate with 2. daniels and foster carried the load (6 and 15 respectively). i fully expect those numbers to jump up a bit to around 30td's for schaub, especially with hopkins freeing up the offense and legitimizing our redzone passing offense.

Rey
08-06-2013, 03:10 PM
1. DeAndre Hopkins
3. Keyshawn Martin
4. Jared Crick
5. DJ Swearinger
6. Randy Bullock
7. Quessenberry
8. Trevardo Williams
9. Sam Montgomery

I was thinking about Brandon Brooks, but like you said...It's hard for a guard...especially since linemen tend to get voted in a year after they should be maybe more than other positions.

He's going to have to be outstanding....But honestly, I think he can be...

Rey
08-06-2013, 03:12 PM
I'm hoping Mercilus steps it up and the sack thing wins alongside the rookie Pro Bowl thing and the Super Bowl. :texflag:

Going to take a monster year from Watt or Mercilus or a really good year for both....

76Texan
08-06-2013, 03:52 PM
1. DeAndre Hopkins
3. Keyshawn Martin
4. Jared Crick
5. DJ Swearinger
6. Randy Bullock
7. Quessenberry
8. Trevardo Williams
9. Sam Montgomery

:kubepalm:Doesn't the Pro Bowl voting normally got skewed by past performance by about a year?

Look at how Watt didn't make it in his rookie year.

There's no shot for any rookie and second year player on the Texans.

disaacks3
08-06-2013, 04:14 PM
For perspective, these were the four succeses last year:

JJ Watt and Antonio: 13.5 sacks combined (27.5)

Kevin Walter, Andre and OD combine for at least 2,500 yards recieving and 9 TD's (2832 & 12)

11+ Interceptions as a team (15)

Matt Schaub healthy for at least 14 regular season games and ALL play-off games (16+)

Rey
08-06-2013, 04:51 PM
For perspective, these were the four succeses last year:JJ Watt and Antonio: 13.5 sacks combined (27.5)

Kevin Walter, Andre and OD combine for at least 2,500 yards recieving and 9 TD's (2832 & 12)

11+ Interceptions as a team (15)

Matt Schaub healthy for at least 14 regular season games and ALL play-off games (16+)

Dre had a personal best for receiving yards and viola, Watt obliterated that 13.5...That seemed like a nice little goal at the time.

Playoffs
08-06-2013, 05:09 PM
14 games = regular season, not including playoffs?

Rey
08-06-2013, 05:31 PM
14 games = regular season, not including playoffs?

Yes

b0ng
08-06-2013, 06:57 PM
I voted for the gaggle of players adding up to 25 TD's, but noticed you had Swearinger in that group. I'm assuming you would lump in pick 6's into the total for him?

Playoffs
08-06-2013, 08:32 PM
I can only go with "none of the above", so I guess I'm out. :fostering:

BullBlitz
08-06-2013, 08:58 PM
I voted for #2, no starter misses more than 3 games.

disaacks3
08-06-2013, 09:20 PM
I voted for #2, no starter misses more than 3 games.

I just can't see us getting through the season with all 24 (I'm including kicker / punter) staying healthy all season.

If we could pull that one off, I honestly think we'd have a real chance at (as Bum would say) kicking the damn thing down.

BullBlitz
08-06-2013, 09:42 PM
I just can't see us getting through the season with all 24 (I'm including kicker / punter) staying healthy all season.

If we could pull that one off, I honestly think we'd have a real chance at (as Bum would say) kicking the damn thing down.

I agree that it would take some luck, but I thought it more likely than the other choices.

ObsiWan
08-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Wow, these are tough Rey.
I'm not sure there's one I can vote for. :hmmm:

I can only go with "none of the above", so I guess I'm out. :fostering:
Yeah, me too. None of these seem reasonable.

I missed on A.J. getting a dozen TDs in 2011 but guessed right in 2012 with KW, OD, and AJ achieving those production marks.

But this year's list is just unreasonable. Like Thorn said, too many combos that have one part doable with the second part extremely improbable.

If I'm making a wish its the 14-2 regular season record and the Super Bowl trophy. But I'm not going to jinx the team by picking that one. And even that one is twisted. I mean we could win the division with a 10-6 record, get hot in the playoffs and win the SB. But I'd still lose that pick.

...and this year's list shows me that you've become a very sick and twisted man
:D

76Texan
08-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Yeah, me too. None of these seem reasonable.

I missed on A.J. getting a dozen TDs in 2011 but guessed right in 2012 with KW, OD, and AJ achieving those production marks.

But this year's list is just unreasonable. Like Thorn said, too many combos that have one part doable with the second part extremely improbable.

If I'm making a wish its the 14-2 regular season record and the Super Bowl trophy. But I'm not going to jinx the team by picking that one. And even that one is twisted. I mean we could win the division with a 10-6 record, get hot in the playoffs and win the SB. But I'd still lose that pick.

...and this year's list shows me that you've become a very sick and twisted man
:D
Obsi, the list looks improbable, but there's a possibility; and that's why it's challenging.

Rey
08-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Obsi, the list looks improbable, but there's a possibility; and that's why it's challenging.

Yup...

And it's called most likely...Not what will happen...

So if you think none will happen, that's fine...I'm not sold on any happening either.

But if you had to choose one, what would it be?

I'm kind of surprised not many people choose the offense being top three and scoring 28 ppg....We could have easily done that last year had we been more consistent over there. Just like 4 more TD's on the year and we'd have done that I think...

I think the special teams goal should be something they are striving for. I think they could get that done if they up their game in that department...Titans scored 4 return TD's last year...Not sure how many they gave up...

HTown2ATX
08-07-2013, 09:23 AM
I'm going for the last option just because I really think this secondary can be just awesome if everyone can stay relatively healthy back there and the front 7 holds and adds pressure.

The Cush being back is the linchpin for this obviously and I sorely overlooked the importance of that last year. I knew it would hurt missing him but didn't think it would get like it did.

ObsiWan
08-09-2013, 03:31 AM

Yup...

And it's called most likely...Not what will happen...

So if you think none will happen, that's fine...I'm not sold on any happening either.

But if you had to choose one, what would it be?

I said what I'd chose if I were wishing. Win the Super Bowl and go 14-2 during the regular season. Again, going 14-2 in the regular season is gravy if we win the Super Bowl.

As for which one of these do I believe to be realistically probable?
None of them.

:fostering: