PDA

View Full Version : [deadspin] Why the Titans suck!

paycheck71
07-26-2013, 02:22 PM
Some gold from Deadspin

Why Your Team Sucks 2013: Tennessee Titans (http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2013-tennessee-titans-922229762)

Your quarterback: Jake Locker. FUN FACT: By the time you're finished reading this sentence, poor Jake will have already partially torn the cartilage in his throwing shoulder. He'll be out three weeks. And by three, I mean six. It's a shame because I was looking forward to watching Jake barely complete half his passes. He's like Vince Young, only not as much fun and far less willing to take his shirt off.

But don't worry, Titans fans. Ryan Fitzpatrick is your backup. I'm told he went to a college of some kind.

Playoffs
07-26-2013, 02:57 PM
We'll have our turn in the Deadspin hot seat, too. :spin:

thunderkyss
07-26-2013, 02:59 PM
Some gold from Deadspin

Why Your Team Sucks 2013: Tennessee Titans (http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2013-tennessee-titans-922229762)

That's some funny sht.

So let's recap: Here's a coach who didn't prepare for his interview, had no clear idea of who should be on his staff (arguably the most important job of a head coach), and whose biggest idea was a ****ing hat ban. Why, they'd have been fools NOT to hire him! It's not often you find a coach who likes showing players motivational videos and is willing to promulgate a useless, infantilizing disciplinary regime. That's totally unique! Jesus Christ, who's running this team? An owl?

b0ng
07-26-2013, 03:13 PM
He's done the Titans and the Jags so far, I have a feeling either Houston or Indy will be up next.

EDIT: Can a mod change my name to A SAD HANDJOB thanks.

thunderkyss
07-28-2013, 09:27 AM
Can't make this stuff up.....

The tempo always gets ramped up in training camp when the pads go on, even if it is just shells.

That was the case Saturday afternoon at Tennessee Titans camp (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Fight-breaks-out-at-Titans-camp.html) when receiver Michael Preston took offense to Michael Griffin slinging down receiver Nate Washington.

A melee involving about 20 or so players ensued, though there were no injuries.

Coach Mike Munchak had the best quip of the day about the fight that involved mostly receivers and defensive backs.

“It was mainly a lot of little guys trying to look tough.”

GlassHalfFull
07-28-2013, 02:59 PM
This needs to be highlighted from the Deadspin article

Why your team sucks: Let's talk about Bud Adams for a moment, because Bud Adams doesn't get nearly enough credit for being a horrible, ****ty old man.

At least Leon Hess had the courtesy to die. Titans fans get no such comfort. Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones have hogged the "meddlesome owner" spotlight for so long that it's easy to overlook ol' Bud, who interferes in far more of his team's business than a living cadaver ought to. You never want to see your team run by a dude who looks like a 15-term senator who bangs the help. Bud forced Vince Young on Jeff Fisher, then he fired Jeff Fisher, and now the Titans are eons removed from their best years. Think about that: the Jeff Fisher years represent the APEX of this team's existence. They're never gonna get the chance to lose a Super Bowl by a single yard ever again. They are locked and loaded into 6-10 for the next two decades, especially with a defense this atrocious.

Not that Titans fans will notice. Remember: Titans fans are just off-duty SEC fans. These are the people who spend every Saturday watching UT lose and then root for Alabama in the national title game at the end of the season as a way of mooching off a bit of their glory. Watching the Titans is just a filler activity for them. Well, Lurlene done kicked me out of the camper agin. Giss aw'll go watch them Titans over at Earl's camper! SEC SEC SEC!!!