PDA

View Full Version : Texans Hire Die-Hard Colts Fan for Website

the wonger need food
07-24-2013, 08:05 PM
There's a new blog at HT.com called Deep Slant that is supposed to provide some insider view to our Texans. The problem is that this "writer" likely knows as much about NFL football and the Houston Texans as I do about a random Indian cricket team. So there you go... a self proclaimed die-hard Colts fan is our go-to source for Texans information.

You can read some of her "work" here... http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/08/30/women-football-fan-nfl-ncaa-confessions

New blog... http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Deep-Slant-The-Intro/5ea26a6a-5c8b-4cdd-bd3e-9bbdbb3aba3c

And follow her on Twitter here: @deepslant

Playoffs
07-24-2013, 08:13 PM
An inquisition is in order. Senate, house, governors ..... even Carlos Danger should be notified at once!

drs23
07-24-2013, 08:19 PM
But wait...She has this: her own weekly Indian music progra.

Can we have a "progra"? I WANT ONE!

What is a "progra"?

Could one have it/one in public and no one notice?

Just axin.

rush2112mn
07-24-2013, 08:20 PM
So...we have Tania who writes for the Houston Chronicle who used to be with the Jags and now this women who is a Colts fan. Your going to have that in the media business. I think we know who they will be rooting for on Sundays......

dc_txtech
07-24-2013, 08:22 PM
I don't even want to give the link hits. Can someone please copy paste a small portion?

PHILLYTEXANFAN
07-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Maybe they'll hire VY as Scurfields replacement. Im all for Tiki though :wadepalm:

BullBlitz
07-24-2013, 08:38 PM
But wait...She has this: her own weekly Indian music progra.

Can we have a "progra"? I WANT ONE!

What is a "progra"?

Could one have it/one in public and no one notice?

Just axin.

The rest of us recognized it as a typo. Just saying.

AngryNateFTW
07-24-2013, 08:55 PM
I won't be giving her page any views. I might just tweet to her and let her know that the Colts suck.

Showtime100
07-24-2013, 09:16 PM
This isn't too bad.....

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Texans/deepi_zps08b78e3a.jpg

....but if this is her inner self I'll take mine rare. :bender:

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Texans/FootballFan2_zpsef33bc28.jpg

My real opinion, though, is this is so incredibly unnecessary. To have a Colts fans blog on as some type of Texan? Just goofy. I can't imagine why this came to be.

gg no re
07-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Does that mean we can trade Richard Justice to the Titans?

The Pencil Neck
07-24-2013, 11:13 PM

It's one thing to have a typo in a post on a MB but having a glaring typo in a published piece of work that supposedly went through an editor is fair game for ridicule.

To leave an error up like that and not come back and fix it, that's unprofessional. That should not happen on a professional site or a site with aspirations of being professional.

Brisco_County
07-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Most writers are obviously not hired for their loyalties, so it won't matter in the long run.

I thought Tanya Ganguli was a decent hire. She's the only interesting (non-blog) writer at that publication.

badboy
07-24-2013, 11:33 PM
Yeah but did she use the quote button correctly? :kitten:

False Start
07-25-2013, 05:17 AM

Trade Justice to the Antarctica "Freezing Balls."

OzzO
07-25-2013, 06:50 AM
So...we have Tania who writes for the Houston Chronicle who used to be with the Jags and now this women who is a Colts fan. Your going to have that in the media business. I think we know who they will be rooting for on Sundays......

... and McClain that writes for the Titans.

nero THE zero
07-25-2013, 07:53 AM
She was on Texans All-Access with Marc Vandermeer yesterday afternoon and was quite awful.

The chemistry between her and Marc was not there and she made several noticeable gaffes.

I would generally scoff at the idea that she is unworthy of the position just because she is a Colts fan, but she was really, really bad on the radio.

Surreal McCoy
07-25-2013, 08:06 AM
There's a new blog at HT.com called Deep Slant that is supposed to provide some insider view to our Texans. The problem is that this "writer" likely knows as much about NFL football and the Houston Texans as I do...

Should have left it right there. I have a question, Wonger. Have you, at any point in your life, been a headline writer for the National Enquirer? I'm fully expecting, 'CHIMP GIVES BIRTH TO HUMAN BABY!!' in the next installment ;)

Rey
07-25-2013, 08:20 AM
She's been around for a little while now. She was interning at sports radio 610. I know she is going to be on with Mark now for Texans all access but I didn't hear her yesterday.

But regarding her fandom...I don't really care. A lot of these people come from other places or were fans of other teams before covering the local teams.

drs23
07-25-2013, 09:34 AM

Oh.

Gosh, I can only aspire to reach your plane of intelligence.

Thanks much for the enlightenment. :cool:

drs23
07-25-2013, 10:04 AM
She's been around for a little while now. She was interning at sports radio 610. I know she is going to be on with Mark now for Texans all access but I didn't hear her yesterday.

But regarding her fandom...I don't really care. A lot of these people come from other places or were fans of other teams before covering the local teams.

WHAT?!

No more Hottie, er I mean, Patti Smith?

They just might have lost a viewer.

What is Ms. Smith's future now? Where's she going and what's she going to be doing?

Rey
07-25-2013, 11:05 AM
WHAT?!

What is Ms. Smith's future now? Where's she going and what's she going to be doing?

I'm talking about the radio show.

Scurfield left and I believe Deepi is doing the radio show with Mark and that other guy now.

Porky
07-25-2013, 01:07 PM
WHAT?!

LOL, I know Patti Smith pretty well. Want me to hook you up? :kitten:

PS - She is married, so her husband might not like it too much.

drs23
07-25-2013, 06:17 PM
LOL, I know Patti Smith pretty well. Want me to hook you up? :kitten:

PS - She is married, so her husband might not like it too much.

Perhaps we could "double date". :D

thunderkyss
07-25-2013, 06:28 PM

Swingers eh?

Play on playa........ play on.

Nawzer
07-25-2013, 06:37 PM

I didn't now Tania Ganguli was with the Jags, but I think she's done a really good job since coming over here. I enjoy reading her articles and I follow her on Twitter. She's way better than that walrus they have over there at the Chronicle. After all, her eyes must have opened up once she moved from Jacksonville to Houston. This is a true big world class city.

htowntexans1985
07-25-2013, 09:38 PM
There you go fellas.

Deepi Sidhu
@DeepSlant
I grew up in Indianapolis as a Colts
fan. I have also been a Texans season ticket
holder for the past 11 years

Deepi Sidhu @DeepSlant 04 Nov
In Houston at the Texans game but I keep
sneaking out to catch glimpses of my
#Colts on tv. Go Colts!!

Looks like we have a mole on our hands.

steelbtexan
07-25-2013, 09:46 PM
I kind like a girl named Deepi

They should trade her back to her beloved Colts for Luck.

I've gotta go throw up now.

Great job Texans PR dept.

Heath Shuler
07-26-2013, 07:19 AM
There you go fellas.

Deepi Sidhu
@DeepSlant
I grew up in Indianapolis as a Colts
fan. I have also been a Texans season ticket
holder for the past 11 years

She is responding to two questions I asked her on Twitter:

so are you still a self proclaimed die-hard colts fan?
I think it is a fair question that deserves an answer

I still don't think she truly answered the question.

Playoffs
07-26-2013, 09:06 AM
This likely to cost us a couple of games.

Porky
07-26-2013, 09:57 AM

Good luck with that! I actually work with Patti, so that's how I know her. Very nice and sweet lady.

Just an aside, Fox Sports is going to be adding a lot more Texans programming this year, led by Patti so y'all be watching Fox Sports more often. There will be a nightly camp recap show after the Rangers games, and another show Friday nights. We already have the show Thursday night.

Corrosion
07-27-2013, 01:21 AM

We should give them Justice , McLame and this Dolts girl too .... I don't expect much in return , maybe a half a beer ?!

Playoffs
07-27-2013, 10:52 AM
Good luck with that! I actually work with Patti, so that's how I know her. Very nice and sweet lady.

Just an aside, Fox Sports is going to be adding a lot more Texans programming this year, led by Patti so y'all be watching Fox Sports more often. There will be a nightly camp recap show after the Rangers games, and another show Friday nights. We already have the show Thursday night.

Speaking of..... Day 1 Recap: http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Texans-Training-Camp-Today-726/7fe9d296-6c96-41cf-8570-5cd9379dcf7a

HJam72
07-27-2013, 11:49 AM
Texans have to meet their quota and they have 30 more employees to hire.

We could get a Titans fan to be our kicker!

Playoffs
07-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Short interview with Trevardo Willams on moving to OLB:

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Trevardo-Williams-on-making-the-move-to-OLB/79fb0ae1-f269-42b3-a800-039ea91491ba

bayoudreamn
07-27-2013, 08:08 PM

Why?? She's clueless. I just read her update from earlier today. It's a full page clinic in poor paragraph development. One paragraph near the end changes focus from sentence to sentence. What do they do to evaluate the quality of their hires, this person is relied on to be a professional communicator?

chicagotexan2
07-28-2013, 12:53 AM

We could trade him for all the expired Vy sausage in Kroger and it would still too high a price to pay for lil dickey justice.

Playoffs
07-28-2013, 09:13 AM
Why?? She's clueless...
That would be a joke, since media doesn't suit up. :fingergun:

darnbni99a
07-28-2013, 02:12 PM

lmaooooooo