PDA

View Full Version : Hello (Season Opener Prediction Thread)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Buffalo_Bills
06-30-2005, 10:32 PM
Hello, I would just like to see your predictions for the season opener. Assuming we still have Henry and all the rosters are the same as they are right now.

texanfan2002114
06-30-2005, 10:49 PM
24-10 Houston wins. Rookie QB against a faster texans defense and 2nd year for the Texans OL to be playing together will all add up to a Texans win.

CAbills
06-30-2005, 10:51 PM
24-10 Houston wins. Rookie QB against a faster texans defense and 2nd year for the Texans OL to be playing together will all add up to a Texans win.

I got to see proof that your defense is any better than it was last year especially your pash rush. Yikes!

Anyways right now I dont want to predict, I want to see Losman in training camp and preseason and get a good feel about it. Either way it will be a close game.

TexanFan881
06-30-2005, 10:54 PM
I think the Bills do have a better team then last year, but Losman will definately need to step up to the plate to even keep up with us. I say we win 20-7. The Bills defense plays good, but the Texans defense shuts down Losman. Our offense does decent, but our offensive line has little improvement from last year.

texanfan2002114
06-30-2005, 11:17 PM
I got to see proof that your defense is any better than it was last year especially your pash rush. Yikes!

Anyways right now I dont want to predict, I want to see Losman in training camp and preseason and get a good feel about it. Either way it will be a close game.

Didn't the Texans beat the Bills a couple of years ago with that defense and that pass rush your talking about? The Texans defense has gotten younger and FASTER and will have a better pass rush. You better tell Losman to start watching out for PEEK!!

Also the Texans had to use their back up QB because Carr got hurt in that game. I stick with my pick and number!!

Grid
06-30-2005, 11:19 PM
16 - 13 Texans

Our secondary is going to make it very tough on Losman, but the Bills running game is very good. McGahee will keep the Bills in business, but there is only so much he can do.

Our offense is gonna be very good next year, but the Bills defense is very good as well. In the end I dont think they will be able to stop us from taking the lead though.

Close games.. lots of 3 pointers...but the Texans take it in the end.

Vinny
06-30-2005, 11:27 PM
Bills 27
Texans 24

Texans have one of the worst run defenses in the NFL until proven otherwise. No pass rush either. The Bills have a dominant running game and a dominant defense. 0-1 for the good guys

Grid
06-30-2005, 11:32 PM
you need to work on your homerism Vinny ;)

Big B Texan Fan
06-30-2005, 11:35 PM
31-10 Texans

McGahee gets 130ish yds and a TD and ya'll (that's you all) kick a FG
Losman gets sacked 3 times, picked once for a returned TD by P-Buch
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
D. Davis gets 180 total yds (120 rush / 60 rec) and a TD
D.Carr gets sacked 3 times, no pix, 2 TD's
AJ scores both TD's and has 100+ yds
K. Brown gets a FG

Score will actually be 21-10 @ half

Normally I wouldn't do this but you asked

By the way, welcome to the MB's

beerlover
06-30-2005, 11:35 PM
GEEZ, lets wait till training camp at least, prefeer after pre-season then the week before we can put our money where our words are printed. Buffalo is a great city with some of the best fans in the NFL & the Bills have a quality, young up & coming product.

should be a great day for a football game & the best team wins :highfive:

thats my :twocents:

Hervoyel
06-30-2005, 11:56 PM
To soon. I believe the Texans can win the game and that they will but it's far too soon to try and predict a score. I'll talk about this the week before the game.

CAbills
07-01-2005, 01:16 AM
Didn't the Texans beat the Bills a couple of years ago with that defense and that pass rush your talking about? The Texans defense has gotten younger and FASTER and will have a better pass rush.

Your basing an argument on something you guys did "a couple years ago?"

Carr Bombed
07-01-2005, 01:37 AM
Bills 27
Texans 24

Texans have one of the worst run defenses in the NFL until proven otherwise. No pass rush either. The Bills have a dominant running game and a dominant defense. 0-1 for the good guys

The Texans run defense was ranked 13th ovrl. It certainly isn't cream of the crop, but it wasn't one of the worst in the league, little above avg. Although I still think Willis M. will have a big game against us do to the lack of continuity in the front 7 since it'll be the 1st game of the season.

Everybody kinda rusty and has a little nerves. Texans offense settles down right before the half

Texans 17
Bills 10

Tailgate
07-01-2005, 01:47 AM

I am just asking.. but is your defense better, worse, or about the same as a couple of years ago? Maybe Texanfan200 can go from there??

Vinny
07-01-2005, 02:17 AM
The Texans run defense was ranked 13th ovrl. It certainly isn't cream of the crop, but it wasn't one of the worst in the league, little above avg. Ok, not worst, but we gave up 4.4 ypc and only Tennessee, Kansas City and Indianapolis was worse in the AFC, and we were 22nd in the NFL overall when it came to defending yards per rushing attempt.

Carr Bombed
07-01-2005, 02:46 AM
Man Vinny, didn't know you were a night owl like me.

Anyways your probably right. I don't know how accurate my information is anyway. Got it off some link on the JAGS board :)

texansfan1974
07-01-2005, 03:03 AM
I like the Texans in this one. Remember we are 2 and 1 in openers. So I think this one is a blow out. My thoughts are 31 to 17 Houston. :drool:

TEXANS84
07-01-2005, 03:20 AM
14-13 Buffalo.

But we come back in week 2 and beat the Steelers.

texanfan2002114
07-01-2005, 08:39 AM

Yea because 2 years ago the Texans OL was just freakin horrible and the defense was older and slower than it will be this year and the Texans played with back up QB and still beat the Bills in cold weather.

OzzO
07-01-2005, 09:04 AM
Okay... so CABills wants our prediction... then doesn't want to post his. Then we throw out the arguement we've gotten better on defense and he wants proof, then we turn around and post what happened last time to which the reply is "base off 2 years ago?".

CABills... whatcha looking for? We'll stick ya with the horns - is that what you need to hear? :coolb:

infantrycak
07-01-2005, 09:31 AM

That Yikes! defense had the longest streak for not allowing a TD last year starting with denying the Colts for 3 quarters. Keep in mind the stats are a little deceptive as well since we played 6 games against the top 5 offenses in the league last year and just 2 against the bottom 5 offenses.

TheOgre
07-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Bills 27
Texans 24

VINNY'S REPORT CARD FOR THIS POST:
Homerism 101 D (he didn't predict a blowout loss)
Objective Fan 414 A+

infantrycak
07-01-2005, 11:43 AM
The Bills have a dominant running game and a dominant defense.

I'll give you the good (top 10 scoring D) defense, but dominant running game? Stats don't tell the whole story, but...

Houston 481 attempts, 1882 yds, 3.9 ypc, 117.6 ypg, 16 TD's, 103 1st downs
Buffalo 483 attempts, 1874 yds, 3.9 ypc, 117.1 ypg, 15 TD's, 102 FD's

I've never heard anyone describe our running game as dominant as a matter of fact somewhere I have heard people say it is a running game no one is scared of. I'd go more with Texans good (and the potential to be really good) and Bills really good.

Vinny
07-01-2005, 11:47 AM
I always talk about us being one of the better run blocking teams in the NFL despite the moans from this message board about our offense, so that point is more for the gallery. Good stats though. Shows how good we really are when it comes to running the football.

TheOgre
07-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Our line has been put together primarily with run blocking in mind. I cannot think of a single starting lineman that is a better pass-blocker than run-blocker. As a consequence, we have a line that has good run blockers, but average to poor pass blockers. Our protection schemes and Carr's propensity to hold onto the ball too long, further exaggerate the issue. When you give up an average of about 50 sacks a year over the course of 3 years, it throws out a stat that the media and fans focus upon. It has to change if we want to get better. However, I am not convinced that the talent is the only issue with our pass protection.

07-01-2005, 01:05 PM
Texans - 17

Bills - 28

:bomb:

HardKnockTexan
07-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Texans VS God

Texans handsdown.... if the offensive line can hold up that is.

texasguy346
07-01-2005, 01:28 PM
To soon. I believe the Texans can win the game and that they will but it's far too soon to try and predict a score. I'll talk about this the week before the game.

I'm with Herv on this one. I've got to see how healthy we are after TC and the Preseason. I'll have a much better idea what the final score will be after all that.

Lucky
07-01-2005, 07:03 PM
A lot of fans say they need to see the teams through preseason to get a feel for what will happen during the season. And that's true to a point. But, some teams hold back during preseason, not revealing too much of their hand. Others will place an emphasis on winning in the preseason in order to create momentum and dispel a losing atmosphere. Preseason can be very misleading. So, why not take a guess now?

I think the Buffalo game could be very important to the Texans playoff chances in '05. They're one of the teams I see battling the Texans for a wildcard spot going into the final week. And head-to-head wins are the 1st tiebreaker. The Bills finished last season like gangbusters (not sure what that means) going 8-2 with losses to the Pats & Steelers. During a 6 game winning streak, the Bills averaged 38 ppg. Unreal. But in the offseason, the Bills decided it was a good time to dump their starting QB & and not pursue their starting LT. Is it back to square 1 (when the Bills averaged 13 ppg the 1st 6 games of '04) or do the Bills pickup right where they left off?

Maybe the Bills defense & special teams are good enough to carry the offense for a while. Buffalo scored 10 TDs on returns last year & forced 44 turnovers (#2 in the NFL) helping greatly the offense's starting field position. Can the Bills keep up that pace? Buffalo won't have the fortune of lining up across QBs such as Cody Pickett, Jon Kitna, Jay Fiedler, Josh McCown, or his brother Luke as they did in '04. And they'll be without one of the premier run stuffing DTs with the loss of Pat Williams to the Vikes.

I think this will be a close, low scoring game with both teams trying to minimize mistakes. That bodes well for the Texans, as the 1st year starter Losman is more likely to err early in the season. I'll take the Texans 19-16. Oh, and I reserve the right to change my mind over the next 10 weeks. And I probably will because of something I see in preseason (when will I learn?).

texasguy346
07-01-2005, 07:25 PM
My main concern isn't with how they perform, but moreso with how healthy we make it out of the preseason. If we go 0-4 in the preseason I'll still be happy as long as we come out relatively injury free.

Lucky
07-01-2005, 07:35 PM
My main concern isn't with how they perform, but moreso with how healthy we make it out of the preseason. If we go 0-4 in the preseason I'll still be happy as long as we come out relatively injury free.
The team could come out of the preseason injury free, yet have a catastrophic injury in the 1st quarter of the Bills game. Or it could happen to the Bills. Don't see why waiting for the preseason to finish is necessary to predict a single game. :idonno:

texasguy346
07-01-2005, 07:38 PM
I'm wrong enough as it is :cool: , and I need all the help I can get to make a semi-close prediction.

Buffalo_Bills
07-01-2005, 11:47 PM
I wanted the prediction not Cabills

JP is better than you all think. He is good enough that we sacked Bledsoe, our defense says he can pick them apart, and just recently Jabari Greer compared him to steve young. Of course he will have a little learning curve, but hes been in the system for a year already. Plus last year lee evans did fine with a tiny learning curve, so i think JP can. I think he had a 60% or up completion percentage at tulane. We have added speed at WR and QB, and last year speed was our biggest problem, o-line cant protect forever, this year they wont have too.

Buffalo Wins 21-17

texasguy346
07-02-2005, 12:03 AM
Rookie QBs will make mistakes. It's inevitable. I, for one, think that Losman will develop into a very good QB. That doesn't mean he's going to be clicking on all cylinders coming out of the gate though. I believe our secondary will be very good this season. The big question mark will be the pass rush. Peek getting the starting nod should help out alot, and we'll see if more speed on defense translates to a better pass rush. If all goes well then our D could force JP into some errant throws, and maybe a couple turnovers. Our offense is looking like it should be improved from last season. We have a talented group of WRs led by AJ, and a good set of RBs headed up by DD. I think it will be a tough game for both teams. As for the Bills, I've stated before that the Bills have a very talented team on both sides of the ball, and Losman's performance will likely be the deciding factor in whether the Bills win or lose. A young QBs learning curve is tremendous, and unlike any other position on the field. Many point to Big Ben as the exception to the rule, but keep in mind that guys like him are rare. I think JP will have a good year, but I doubt he'll walk away with NFL OROY. He's got alot of tools in place to succeed, but it'll be up to him to do so. As far as the Steve Young comparison keep in mind that Young started out with the Bucs, and his star didn't shine quite as bright early on as it did when he moved on to the 49ers.

texanfan2002114
07-02-2005, 01:02 AM

JP is better than you all think. He is good enough that we sacked Bledsoe, our defense says he can pick them apart, and just recently Jabari Greer compared him to steve young. Of course he will have a little learning curve, but hes been in the system for a year already. Plus last year lee evans did fine with a tiny learning curve, so i think JP can. I think he had a 60% or up completion percentage at tulane. We have added speed at WR and QB, and last year speed was our biggest problem, o-line cant protect forever, this year they wont have too.

Buffalo Wins 21-17

If Losman can pick your defense apart then what do you think Carr will do to them? Don't forget Carr did complete over 60% of his passes and throw for over 3500 yards last year and was second behind Vick as leading QB's in rushing yards and that was with an OL that was together one year with injuries on it.

Texans 24-10!!

CAbills
07-02-2005, 01:36 AM
Okay... so CABills wants our prediction... then doesn't want to post his. Then we throw out the arguement we've gotten better on defense and he wants proof, then we turn around and post what happened last time to which the reply is "base off 2 years ago?".

I am looking for respones. Saying you beat us in 2003 10-12 means nothing to me. Congrats on the win. It was a totally different team for the both of us so I dont see how that has any relevance on anything?

I dont know want to post my prediction because we haven't even started training camp who knows how Losman will perform, injured, etc. Many things can happen in the next two months, I think it is a little premature to predicting wins and losses right now. But in the name of "fun" I predict a bills win 13-10.

How has your defense improved? The pick up of Buchanon was a big FA signing but he was an on and off guy in Oakland. I have seen a ton of Oakland games over the last couple years being from California. Your pash rush was not great to put it nicely and I didnt see anything you did this offseason to improve it. Maybe I am wrong though thats what I am asking, not we are going to win 31-7 because I am a homer.

Any unintelligent fan can predict a score and a W for their team, EVEN raider fans. So I was trying to get an opinion on what makes you think you have the better team (not saying what is right or wrong) but going on things like 2003 scores brings a weak argument. :highfive:

**EDIT** Never once have a I heard our defense says thats Losman can pick them apart?

CAbills
07-02-2005, 01:38 AM
As far as the Steve Young comparison keep in mind that Young started out with the Bucs, and his star didn't shine quite as bright early on as it did when he moved on to the 49ers.

Also keep in mind the guy who said that, Jabari Greer was an UDFA last year, I think he is just happy to be on the team. Although he did suprisingly well for us last year, the Bills seem to have a lot of luck in drafting players for our secondary, Wire aside.

Vinny
07-02-2005, 01:43 AM
All I know is we as a fan base are discouting a rookie QB in his first start when we had one ourselves when we beat the Cowboys in our first game ever. Short memories?

texasguy346
07-02-2005, 01:44 AM
Donahoe is one of the better GMs in the business. You guys definately have a top quality front office.

CAbills
07-02-2005, 01:59 AM
Donahoe is one of the better GMs in the business. You guys definately have a top quality front office.

You would be SURPRISED on how many buffalo fans think differently.

texasguy346
07-02-2005, 02:03 AM
You would be SURPRISED on how many buffalo fans think differently.

Probably not as much as you'd think. We have plenty of people here who think Charlie Casserly is the worst GM ever, and I consider him to be a pretty darn good one. He always keeps us on our toes thats for sure.

BillsFan
07-02-2005, 06:05 AM
Rookie QBs will make mistakes. A young QBs learning curve is tremendous, and unlike any other position on the field. I think JP will have a good year, but I doubt he'll walk away with NFL OROY.

JP is NOT a rookie!!!!!!!!! he's a 2nd year guy. He's had a whole year to learn the offense.

The biggest problem that rookie QBs complain about is trying to understand the pro-game and playbook. JP so far has not only mastered the Bills playbook, he was correcting a coach during mini-camp.

i don't think JP will make much of a difference. I doubt Mularky will let him throw the ball more than 10 times.

expect Willis Mcgahee to reach 30+ carries and 150yds rushing.

Bills 17 Texans 9

:)

Tedc
07-02-2005, 06:19 AM
All I know is we as a fan base are discouting a rookie QB in his first start when we had one ourselves when we beat the Cowboys in our first game ever. Short memories?

That is an oddity in the history of the NFL. Don't bet the house on a rookie QB in his first game.

ATX
07-02-2005, 06:23 AM

Buffalo Wins 21-17

How do you know JP is better than you think? have you talked to the defense too? he's never played a game in the nfl. the release of bledsoe doesn't mean losman will be better by any meansm, especially his first nfl game. 60 percent at tulane means nothing in the nfl. I'm sure most QBs drafted are 60 something percent or better in college. alot in tougher divisions and schedules too. As far as jabari greer, i have no idea who this guy is, and alot of people compare current QBs to former QBs. its not new and the idea that losman is gonna come right out and succeed is not in his odds. losing bledsoe is gonna mean more turnovers at the QB position, i'd bet the house on that. if losman doesn't throw an interception, there's a good chance you win. the texans are returning most likely all 11 offensive starters from last year, so i have to give the offensive edge to the texans, but i give the bills a defensive edge. i just think the offensive edge will be greater than the defensive edge, so i take the texans in this game 24-13.

ATX
07-02-2005, 06:34 AM
JP is NOT a rookie!!!!!!!!! he's a 2nd year guy. He's had a whole year to learn the offense.

The biggest problem that rookie QBs complain about is trying to understand the pro-game and playbook. JP so far has not only mastered the Bills playbook, he was correcting a coach during mini-camp.

i don't think JP will make much of a difference. I doubt Mularky will let him throw the ball more than 10 times.

expect Willis Mcgahee to reach 30+ carries and 150yds rushing.

Bills 17 Texans 9

:)

So JP mastered the playbook already? must be a freaking genius, especially since he's correcting coaches and all, those dumb coaches, don't know a thing about football. you also stated correctly that JP isn't a rookie, true, but thats like saying he's not a freshman, he's a redshirt freshman. either way, he's never played in a nfl regular season game. the fact remains that losman is not bledsoe. he's gonna throw more picks. i also find it funny how mr. genius has mastered the playbook, but you still don't think he's gonna throw more than 10 times. seems like if he had it mastered, he'd be throwing alot more.

Lucky
07-02-2005, 10:44 AM
...you also stated correctly that JP isn't a rookie, true, but thats like saying he's not a freshman, he's a redshirt freshman. either way, he's never played in a nfl regular season game...
Losman mopped up for Bledsoe in 3 games last season. JP went 3-5 for 32 yards with a int & a fumble. Losman only played in 2 preseason games as a rookie prior to breaking his leg in camp. JP had a career pass completion % at Tulane of just under 58%. Not 60% as suggested. Losman (pronounced LOSS-men) was a honor roll student at Tulane, so memorizing a NFL playbook should be a piece of cake for him. Throw in the fact that Losman is a plus athlete as a QB and the Bills have quite the prospect, though they gave up a lot to draft him. The cowgirls used the Bills picks to select Julius Jones & Marcus Spears. Regardless of what David Carr did in his 1st game at the starter, Losman should follow the normal curve of a young QB and get better as the season moves along. I like the Texans chances against JP & the Bills on opening day.

Vinny
07-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Losman (pronounced LOSS-men) was a honor roll student at Tulane, so memorizing a NFL playbook should be a piece of cake for him. Throw in the fact that Losman is a plus athlete as a QB and the Bills have quite the prospect, though they gave up a lot to draft him.

lol: funny

Wolf
07-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Unless the Texans take the Astro's approach(astros seem to lose to every MLB pitcher that is making his debut against the astros) ..they lose...

eventhough Lossman isn't a rookie, he is considered a "rookie" due to lack of game time (i.e. drew Henson) experience. I personally think this will be a low scoring game due to buffalo's defense is pretty tough and our ability to hopefully confuse Lossman.
10-7 or 13-7 ish Texans :cool:

TopTexanFan16
07-02-2005, 12:12 PM
How has your defense improved? The pick up of Buchanon was a big FA signing but he was an on and off guy in Oakland. I have seen a ton of Oakland games over the last couple years being from California. Your pash rush was not great to put it nicely and I didnt see anything you did this offseason to improve it. Maybe I am wrong though thats what I am asking, not we are going to win 31-7 because I am a homer.

**EDIT** Never once have a I heard our defense says thats Losman can pick them apart?

k where do i start....P-buch IMHO will have a breakout year this year under secondary coach Hoke, and with a change of scenery. we added to our pass rush with hopefully peek winning the starting position, obviously you havent watched him play and plus adding younger and faster players to the D, not to forget that our 1st pick in the draft went to considered the top right DT coming outa college, so you wanted proof theirs your proof take it or just make up some silly argument how you think thats not improving not only our *** rush but our whole D. :goodnight

CAbills
07-02-2005, 12:59 PM
he's never played in a nfl regular season game.

Actually he has played in 4....

CAbills
07-02-2005, 01:01 PM
eventhough Lossman isn't a rookie, he is considered a "rookie" due to lack of game time (i.e. drew Henson) experience. I personally think this will be a low scoring game due to buffalo's defense is pretty tough and our ability to hopefully confuse Lossman.
10-7 or 13-7 ish Texans :cool:

I wouldnt compare Losman to Drew Henson, I think Losman is more in a Carson Palmer situation watched a year on the bench and now get the nod to start. Although I am not comparing Palmer and Losman and any of their physical attributes, just saying its the same situation.

texasguy346
07-02-2005, 02:34 PM

How much playing time has JP had? Carson Palmer had an entire year to learn the offense for the Bengals last season too, and in his second year he performed well (18TDs, 18INTs) but still had his share of mistakes. All the practice time in the world, and all the minicamp & college success equates to squat when it comes to the NFL. You have to actually learn the game out there on the field. Every QB must go through it, and JP is no exception. Ryan Leaf looked awesome in college, and played well in practice but he couldn't deliver on Sunday. Again, I don't think JP is going to end up anything like Leaf and I fully expect him to be a very good NFL QB. I'm sure Mularky wouldn't want to have to depend on JP either, but in a close game he may have no choice but to force JP to pass. If the Bills get behind they may very well have to pass more to get ahead. Also, don't you think Capers and Fangio will focus on stopping the Bills running game? We've played well against some of the better RBs in the NFL (LT, Priest, Edge, etc.). If we do so again against the Bills then it will all be up to JP to beat us.

CAbills
07-02-2005, 02:54 PM
How much playing time has JP had? Carson Palmer had an entire year to learn the offense for the Bengals last season too, and in his second year he performed well (18TDs, 18INTs) but still had his share of mistakes.
Exactly JP will have a year watching and now it is his time to step up. I would be estatic if he had a year like Palmer 18 tds 18 ints in his first year because we have a MUCH better defense and special teams by far the the bengals have. Of course he will have his share of mistakes no one is saying he wont. He is not going to be asked to win games though, but there will be times that he is and no body know how that will turn out.

He is in the same situation as Palmer though first round pick granted Palmer was numero uno, a year of watching behind the incumbent starter learning the playbook, etc. In his second year he was given the nod, just like JP is now.

Big B Texan Fan
07-02-2005, 03:00 PM
In my opinion, Losman is gonna be bust in the NFL. He was a reach when Bills drafted him in the 1st round. He was clearly a 2nd maybe 3rd round guy. Thus if he doesn't make the Bills a playoff regular by at least next season, if not this one due to a strong defense, then people will start saying bust cuz he was a 1st round guy. If he went in the later rounds you'd never hear the word bust.
He just reminds too much of Cade McNown who was drafted by the Bears in, I believe, the 1st round. He was a bust.

CABills, I'm not trying to stir up doo-doo with ya, it's just my opinion cuz he reminds me of Cade.
Trust me, I hope he's good cuz the NFL is a better place when the Bills are good.

Hey, arent the Bills gonna enshrine Thurman Thomas in their Ring of Honor @ the game in week 1. He deserves it, he was awesome. Former Houstonian that played his HS football @ Willowridge. Kinda ironic, Houston guy gets enshrined in Buffalo while the Houston team is in for the game.

Vinny
07-02-2005, 03:02 PM
In my opinion, Losman is gonna be bust in the NFL. He was a reach when Bills drafted him in the 1st round. He was clearly a 2nd maybe 3rd round guy. Some felt that he would have been the top QB taken in this draft if he stayed in. From what I understand some NFL people graded higher than Smith and Rogers.

Big B Texan Fan
07-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Some felt that he would have been the top QB taken in this draft if he stayed in. From what I understand some NFL people graded higher than Smith and Rogers.
I didn't know he wasn't a senior. Why did he come out then??

Vinny
07-02-2005, 03:57 PM
He was...I just totally misworded that. What I meant was that he graded higher than the other guys (in some eyes) if he was in this class. Since the Bills gave up the 2005 pick his selection equates to taking a first rd pick this year.

BradK10
07-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Unless the Texans take the Astro's approach(astros seem to lose to every MLB pitcher that is making his debut against the astros) ..they lose...

That is so true. If teams really wanted to beat the Astros, they'd bring up a new guy from the minors every game to start against us.

Buffalo_Bills
07-02-2005, 06:22 PM
J.P. is not a rookie, he does not have to worry about learning the system because he has already been in a year, we will mosy likely run more than pass in this game anyways. And i dont think there will be any deep balls. I think JP will do better than bledsoe would have, otherwise we would not have dropped them. Also i just don't see you being able to cover Moulds, Evans, Parrish and Reed. No offense but i think our st's will out perform yours, and our defense as well. We might not even need a good offense if Terrence can score on a KR, and Takeo or clements can intercept and run it in. I just think many people will be surprised by JP's readiness. I am confident because we dumped deadslow, which means Tom donahoe and Mularkey are comforatable with jp. If all else fails we can throw holcomb in there anyways.

CAbills
07-02-2005, 06:38 PM
In my opinion, Losman is gonna be bust in the NFL. He was a reach when Bills drafted him in the 1st round. He was clearly a 2nd maybe 3rd round guy.

Just to clear up somethings every mock draft had him going in the first to Greenbay, so I am not sure where you are getting this 2nd or 3rd round stuff from?

His stock rised to because many scouts felt he had the best proday and outperformed Eli Manning who ended up being the number 1 pick.

He very well could be a bust but your information about him is a little shaky. Also yes people had him rated above Smith and Rogers and probably would have gone very high if he would have stayed in for another year.

I think it is great the Bills got him when they did give him a year of grooming we would have been in quaterback hell with the people that came out this year, it would have been another long year of Bledsoe taking us to as far as he can go. Meaning not the playoffs.

**Dont worry about ruffling feathers I enjoy football talk amongst knowledgeable fans**

CAbills
07-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Hey, arent the Bills gonna enshrine Thurman Thomas in their Ring of Honor @ the game in week 1. He deserves it, he was awesome. Former Houstonian that played his HS football @ Willowridge. Kinda ironic, Houston guy gets enshrined in Buffalo while the Houston team is in for the game.

I believe so. Those teams in the 90s where so great. Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Thurman, and Bruce all in there primes all on the same team. I only wish they could have won one, because the talent seems to be downplayed on that team because they never won, but show me the team that was gone to 4 straight. :hmmm:

JustBonee
07-02-2005, 06:55 PM
I believe so. Those teams in the 90s where so great. Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Thurman, and Bruce all in there primes all on the same team. I only wish they could have won one..
Yes, you really had it going on. They were great .. and as for Jim Kelly, many around Houston have a soft spot for that guy!
He was our local hero with the Gamblers.

texasguy346
07-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Also i just don't see you being able to cover Moulds, Evans, Parrish and Reed.

Well seeing as how you're probably not very familiar with our secondary I guess I should clue you in a bit. Dunta Robinson played great last season as a rookie, and he nearly finished with the DROY but Vilma won it. Phillip Buchanon will likely start opposite him, and he has tons of talent but he is a bit of a gambler at times. Our DB Coach, Hoke, did wonders with guys like Faggins and DRob and we expect him to do the same with Phillip. Speaking of Faggins many outside of Houston haven't heard much about him, but trust me when I say he's a solid CB. He began as a 6th Round pick, and through hardwork, perserverance, and good coaching he developed into a CB that could start for many teams. He's the NB for our team. I would put these three CBs against any three WRs in the league, and be confident that they'd perform well. We have Marcus Coleman playing FS. He'll be entering his second season playing that role, and he's demonstrated great playmaking ability at the position already. You might recall his 102yd INT return for a TD against the Chiefs last season that helped propel us on to a W. Glenn Earl is another young talented guy. He played last season after recovering from an ACL injury in college, but he still performed pretty well. I'm expecting him to do even better this season. Theres no doubt that DRob and Phillip have the speed and skills to keep up with Moulds and Evans, but should still be a good matchup. Reed isn't much to worry about IMO, but Parrish looks like he could develop into a very good slot WR for the Bills. I'm hoping as the game nears we'll see more posters like CAbills since he's made some fair posts so far, and he appears to know a little about the team his Bills are facing.

CAbills
07-02-2005, 08:55 PM
I do feel that the Texans secondary will be one of the better ones we face all year. You can only expect Dunta to up his play from last year with a year under his belt, Buchanon is a hit or miss he is one of those guys who will win you one and lose you two. From what I have gathered from the fans here though it seems as if you have a very good secondary's coach and maybe he can turn his play around.

It will be fun to see AJ and the rest of the Texan receivers against out secondary also. Clements is a top 5 corner in the leauge and all pro, while Terrence really started coming into his own at the end of last season. Again it should be a very enjoyable game to watch as it seems, atleast this early, either team can pull out the W. But we all know inevitably it will be the bills. :cool:

Big B Texan Fan
07-02-2005, 09:49 PM
I believe so. Those teams in the 90s where so great. Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Thurman, and Bruce all in there primes all on the same team. I only wish they could have won one, because the talent seems to be downplayed on that team because they never won, but show me the team that was gone to 4 straight. :hmmm:
The Vikes did it years ago. The Purple Eaters era

Buffalo_Bills
07-02-2005, 09:59 PM
When i said i cant see you covering them all, well i cant see many teams covering all them. Evans has his blazing speed and great hands, Moulds is already proven, Parrish also has blazing speed, and reed is there to take some coverage... You double Eric Evans will burn ya deep, double evans and eric will burn ya all over, double both we still got roscoe and josh, if that fails we can just use mcgahee to run it. He goes down we might have Travis Henry.

CAbills
07-02-2005, 10:34 PM
The Vikes did it years ago. The Purple Eaters era

4 straight? I dont think so?

Vinny
07-02-2005, 11:49 PM
Buffalo and Miami are the only two teams to go to more than 2 in a row.

texasguy346
07-02-2005, 11:51 PM
Our defense faces quite possibly the best passing attack in the NFL twice each season (Colts). I'm not too worried about how our DBs will hold up against the Bills WRs. They definately have a talented group, but I don't think I'd put them among the best in the league nor would I put them among the worst. They probably fall somewhere among several other teams that have good depth and potential at WR. They have a great WR in Moulds. An emerging young star in Evans, and a speedster rookie in Parrish. I don't see Reed having much of an impact, but its really anyones guess.

Big B Texan Fan
07-03-2005, 12:04 AM
When i said i cant see you covering them all, well i cant see many teams covering all them. Evans has his blazing speed and great hands, Moulds is already proven, Parrish also has blazing speed, and reed is there to take some coverage... You double Eric Evans will burn ya deep, double evans and eric will burn ya all over, double both we still got roscoe and josh, if that fails we can just use mcgahee to run it. He goes down we might have Travis Henry.
I guess we shoulnd't even show up.

CAbills
07-03-2005, 02:44 AM
I guess we shoulnd't even show up.

:highfive:

Just some high optimism from a bills fan.

Big B Texan Fan
07-03-2005, 03:07 AM
Other teams did it last year

CAbills
07-03-2005, 01:45 PM
Other teams did it last year

Yes and that is part of the reason Evans lead the league for rookies in amount of touchdowns.

Big B Texan Fan
07-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Yes and that is part of the reason Evans lead the league for rookies in amount of touchdowns.
Well I hope it's a good game though.

jppaul
07-03-2005, 04:33 PM

JP is better than you all think. He is good enough that we sacked Bledsoe, our defense says he can pick them apart, and just recently Jabari Greer compared him to steve young.
Buffalo Wins 21-17

What possible business does Jabari Greer have comparing Losman to Steve Young? What is he your 4th cornerback? That would be like Jammal Lord saying that B.J. Symons reminded him a lot of Joe Montana.

It is entirely irrelevant what a pine riding DB thinks about this issue. Now if Steve Young said he reminds me a lot of myself that is a different story.

jppaul
07-03-2005, 04:41 PM

I can't see you having enough protection to constantly run a 3-wide single back set. While that might sound a little cocky coming from a fan whose team had one of the worst pass rushes in the league LASY YEAR, I see us being much more successful in that area this year.

I have read an article I think it was from LenTubby at ESPN that stated that "Losman would cut his teeth on the Texans defense" on the contrary I think Peek will have a huge impact on this game lining up against a subpar left tackle now that Jonas Jennings is gone.

24-13 Texans

:drool:

CAbills
07-03-2005, 04:54 PM
I think Peek will have a huge impact on this game lining up against a subpar left tackle now that Jonas Jennings is gone.

Jonas was a decent LT, was he severly overpaid by SF yes? The guy hasnt been able to play a full season in a while. We have no idea what we are getting with Gandy but McNally one of the best, if not the best offensive line coaches in the game seems to have faith in him.

I dont think we are going to leave him on an island either, he will have TE's lined up with him and TE's and RB's chip blocking his man all day.

In the AFC East we face some great DE's Jason Taylor, J. Abe, Seymour and we did fairly well against them last year, and Peek may be a good DE but no way is he any better than those three RIGHT NOW. He could be down the road, I dont know. :cool:

Carr Bombed
07-04-2005, 12:14 AM
Peek isnt our DE, he's our OLB and if you have TEs on the field helping in your pass protection, you won't be able to run a 3wr set.

Vinny
07-04-2005, 12:34 AM
sure you can. Most 3wr sets are single back sets with a TE.

Reddevil63
07-04-2005, 12:46 AM
Until I see anything on the field either in camp or pre-season games Ill hold on to my true prediction.

Until then my homer prediction

127 - 3 Texans :homer:

CAbills
07-04-2005, 01:40 AM
Peek isnt our DE, he's our OLB and if you have TEs on the field helping in your pass protection, you won't be able to run a 3wr set.

Listen to your fellow fans, some are quite knowledgeable. :cool:

Reddevil63
07-04-2005, 01:48 AM
Listen to your fellow fans, some are quite knowledgeable. :cool:
It happens every summer, the not quite so "with it" fans tend to disappear as the season gets closer.

Carr Bombed
07-04-2005, 01:59 AM
I dont think we are going to leave him on an island either, he will have TE's lined up with him and TE's and RB's chip blocking his man all day.

I do know what I'm talking about. I can't help it, if you don't. Maybe I misunderstood you, but when you said TE's I thought you were talking about a 2 TE formation. Maybe you should stick around a little longer, we are quite knowledgealbe you might learn something. :)

Big B Texan Fan
07-04-2005, 02:10 AM
Who are the Bills' TE's anyway?
What were their stats last year?
What are they projected to do this year?

Carr Bombed
07-04-2005, 02:13 AM
Who are the Bills' TE's anyway?
What were their stats last year?
What are they projected to do this year?

I don't know, but apperently TE's means one TE. So it shouldn't be to hard to pull up his stats. :)

Big B Texan Fan
07-04-2005, 02:16 AM
I don't know, but apperently TE's means one TE. So it shouldn't be to hard to pull up his stats. :)
Oh, I can pull up the stats easy no prob. I was just giving CAbills a chance to gloat a little about some guys we've never heard of. I'm sure he can make them all sound like Pro-Bowlers.

Carr Bombed
07-04-2005, 02:33 AM
Just looked up their stats. They seem pretty solid and got good production out of their TEs. 399 receiving yards 7 TD's not bad. Given our TE position, plus for them. God all I want is a freakin complete TE :crying:

CAbills
07-04-2005, 03:01 AM
Oh, I can pull up the stats easy no prob. I was just giving CAbills a chance to gloat a little about some guys we've never heard of. I'm sure he can make them all sound like Pro-Bowlers.

Gloat tell me once where I gloat? I try to be objective but it is difficult.

Our TE's, meaning we dont really have a #1 guy we have a committee if you will with the two front runners being Mark Campbell and Euthus. Euthus was our 4th round draft pick in 04, great hands and receiving abilities needs to work on his blocking technique. Campbell is a solid blue collar guy, just the type we like in Buffalo. Nothing fancy just a reliable gritty guy. Both were unfornutaley injured in the same game at Miami both with ACL problems! Imagine the luck.

Anyways both are doing well in rehab and reports say should be full strength by training camp. In 12 games played Campbell had 5 TDs. In 5 games started from Euthus he had 2 tds. Not a great good but a solid one.

The real prize of all bills fans though is Jason Peters our UDFA from last year. A 6-4, 328 lb TE with 4.9 speed has all fans :drool: over his potential, coaches have said he is very raw though and are currently trying to see how he can do at LT.

Finally! Our 3rd round TE pick from this year out of the U Kevin Everette unfortunately torn his ACL in minicamp (Bill's TE's and their ACLs, sheesh).

We also have Ryan Neufield is more a situational blocking TE.

So there you go more than Texan fans ever wanted to know about Buffalo tight ends. Anyways by saying "TE's" I meant multiple in the fact that we dont have a bonafide star. Sorry for the mishap.

:cool:

Carr Bombed
07-04-2005, 03:20 AM
Nothing fancy just a reliable gritty guy. Both were unfornutaley injured in the same game at Miami both with ACL problems! Imagine the luck.

Anyways both are doing well in rehab and reports say should be full strength by training camp. Finally!

Our 3rd round TE pick from this year out of the U Kevin Everette unfortunately torn his ACL in minicamp (Bill's TE's and their ACLs, sheesh).

Nobody knows more about injured TEs than Texan fans

brickmantexanfan
07-04-2005, 10:12 AM
"Prediction?.................Pain" -
Clubber Lang in Rocky

Thats good but i really hope it is "PAYNE" :banme

jppaul
07-04-2005, 02:48 PM

I think what he was trying to say was that with multiple TE or TEs and a single back you wouldn't have a 3 WR set instead you would have a singleback - big set consisting of 2 TEs 2WR and one RB.

I think by TEs he meant multiple but since he put a TE's I couldn't tell.

Vinny
07-04-2005, 03:38 PM
I don't think he was trying to say that, but if you want to be nit-picky you can twist anyone's words. He posted and cleared it up. That's good enough for me...should be for you too.

Carr Bombed
07-04-2005, 04:05 PM
It was just a misunderstanding in the wee hours of the morning. Its all ready been cleared up.

jppaul
07-04-2005, 05:38 PM
I don't think he was trying to say that, but if you want to be nit-picky you can twist anyone's words. He posted and cleared it up. That's good enough for me...should be for you too.

Wasn't trying to be Nit Picky just didn't get to the last page and read the replies before I posted. My bad.

LORK 88
07-04-2005, 07:59 PM
Houston has won 2 out of 3 opening day games so unless Buffalo is what San Diego was last year, I have to say Houston. That, and Im still iffy on Losman. Plus, Houstons improved in most aspects. Our O Line still needs a good LT, and our defense sacrificed some run stoppers for some athleticism. I know its still too early to be jumping the gun on this subject, but until then, this is how I feel about opening day.

Buffalo_Bills
07-04-2005, 08:27 PM
What possible business does Jabari Greer have comparing Losman to Steve Young? What is he your 4th cornerback? That would be like Jammal Lord saying that B.J. Symons reminded him a lot of Joe Montana.

It is entirely irrelevant what a pine riding DB thinks about this issue. Now if Steve Young said he reminds me a lot of myself that is a different story.

I could say we all have no business talking about the NFL because we dont play. His football skill doesent have anything to do with his observational skills. He grew up watching young play.

anyways, Evans led the lead in rookies last year, Moulds is Moulds, Parrish is fast and can catch, and reed takes some coverage, and we have willis for the run. After they do there job our D will stop ur guys from doing theirs.

texasguy346
07-04-2005, 11:33 PM
After they do there job our D will stop ur guys from doing theirs.

That D didn't do their job all that well against our guys in 03 when AJ had 4 catches for 122yds and a TD.

*edit* Call me crazy (pauses for someone to call me crazy), but I'm thinking our offense will be a little better than it was in our second year in the league.

Big B Texan Fan
07-05-2005, 12:04 AM
That D didn't do their job all that well against our guys in 03 when AJ had 4 catches for 122yds and a TD.

*edit* Call me crazy (pauses for someone to call me crazy), but I'm thinking our offense will be a little better than it was in our second year in the league.
Word!!!!!!

LORK 88
07-05-2005, 12:32 AM
anyways, Evans led the lead in rookies last year, Moulds is Moulds, Parrish is fast and can catch, and reed takes some coverage, and we have willis for the run. After they do there job our D will stop ur guys from doing theirs.

Too bad theres nobody to throw to them . . .

CAbills
07-05-2005, 01:03 AM
Too bad theres nobody to throw to them . . .

How long have you been waiting to say that one. :hmmm:

Carr Bombed
07-05-2005, 01:33 AM
Whats up CAbills :cool: , Look this is the way I look at the game. It will be a very competitive game, one that will test our run defense early. I am also looking forward to seeing how Carr does against their D with the new 3 step drops. should be a great game. The Bills shouldn't be taken lightly however, this could become a battle for the wild card spot, who knows.

CAbills
07-05-2005, 01:39 AM
Should be a close game especially being week 1. Losman will probably be very excited and could make more careless mistakes than say in week 12. I cant wait till training camp till I can make my final judgement of this team. Right now I see the bills anymore from a 6-10 team to a 10-6 team.

But we all secretly know the Bills will come out with the W.

Carr Bombed
07-05-2005, 01:58 AM
Ha, the Texan fans feel the same way. We can be anywhere from a 6-10 team to a 10 or 11-5 team. We feel we should come out with a W also. May the best team win. P.S. Bledsoe sucks and his play this year is going to make Parcells question why he ever came out of retirement.

Vambo, the Marble Eye
07-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Bills lose.

What else am I supposed to say?

TheOgre
07-05-2005, 10:58 AM
The Vikes [went to 4 straight Super Bowls] years ago. The Purple Eaters era

The Vikes went to 3 out of 4 from 1974-1977 (1973-1976 seasons).

http://www.superbowl.com/history/recaps

Vinny
07-05-2005, 11:34 AM
I've already posted it but the only two teams to ever bust 3 in a row are the Dolphins (3) and the Bills (4)

jppaul
07-05-2005, 02:38 PM
I could say we all have no business talking about the NFL because we dont play. His football skill doesent have anything to do with his observational skills. He grew up watching young play.

Weak.

Vinny
07-05-2005, 02:44 PM
What's weak about that? I think that was a good point.

jppaul
07-05-2005, 03:00 PM
What's weak about that? I think that was a good point.

I make a lot of comparisons and analysis on football but certainly not in the pretext that it is supposed to be taken as an arguement from authority. That is like me reading a medical case and then putting on my doctor's coat and giving medical advice. Jabari Greer is no position to make a comparison of that nature and have it carry any kind of weight. I grew up watching Steve Young play and I certainly don't expect anyone to go to use my comparisons as evidence of preemptive prospective greatness for B.J. Symons.

What is Tony Hollings said something similar about B.J. Symons, is it supposed to mean anything to me?

Well I can assure you that it carries limited value, at least for me. But if you want to blindly accept the comparison as true be my guest. :goodnight

I think I just gave myself carpal-tunnel.

Vinny
07-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Then what does it make us? Most of us have never been on a NFL team but we talk about players all the time. I think he made a valid point. Feel free to disagree with the viewpiont but he is just passing on what he hears. I don't find that weak.

jppaul
07-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Then what does it make us? Most of us have never been on a NFL team but we talk about players all the time. I think he made a valid point. Feel free to disagree with the viewpiont but he is just passing on what he hears. I don't find that weak.

I was all explained above, Vinny. I think it was weak that the original statement was supposed to carry some kind of weight.

Just passing on what he hears? That is retarded. Each of us should evaluate what we hear before turning around and regurgitating it.

Vinny
07-05-2005, 03:36 PM
That's all I do here. I pass on what I hear. Just take it fwiw instead of dogging the guy. I find THAT weak.

jppaul
07-05-2005, 04:29 PM
That's all I do here. I pass on what I hear. Just take it fwiw instead of dogging the guy. I find THAT weak.

If someone is going to state something of that magnitude i want to hear their reasons for supporting it.

I wasn't dogging or attacking anyone more so just inviting them to explain thier reasons. Now you are attacking me without provocation, in lieu of a valid counterarguement, and that is pretty weak.

CAbills
07-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Have you seen JP play? My guess is no. How are you anymore right saying that he wrong in comparing him to Young? Not saying his statement was true or not but saying one opinion is better than another...

Lucky
07-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Have you seen JP play? My guess is no...
Who has? The guy has thrown 5 career passes in the NFL. Any comparisons to HOFers is premature. At best.

I think it's fair to say that Losman will struggle early in his career. Like most young QBs, including Steve Young. The Bills will probably need to win in spite of Losman, rather than because of him. At first. If the Bills can win while Losman learns on the job, they'll be much better off in the long run. If.

texasguy346
07-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Sorry when I noticed Dre 80 posted this clip I couldn't resist putting a link to it in this thread. AJ's TD Catch (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showpost.php?p=136918&postcount=26)

CAbills
07-05-2005, 07:10 PM
You will need to keep reliving the past and watching those clips after what happens sept. 11. ;) However, that was a SICK play and I give props where props are due.

Big B Texan Fan
07-05-2005, 07:19 PM
You will need to keep reliving the past and watching those clips after what happens sept. 11.
Isn't your avatar clips from the past??

TEXANS84
07-05-2005, 07:41 PM

LOL...that was funny.

CAbills
07-05-2005, 07:43 PM

Yes, from the last game of the 04 season, I dont see what that has to do with anything though? I havent said anything about what McGahee will do to your defense.

Big B Texan Fan
07-05-2005, 07:46 PM
Yes, from the last game of the 04 season, I dont see what that has to do with anything though?
I thought you were the "All Knowing"?????????? :confused:

Big B Texan Fan
07-05-2005, 07:58 PM
Yes, from the last game of the 04 season, I dont see what that has to do with anything though?
You used an avatar with Mcgahee hilites against a Steelers team that had the homefield advantage wrapped up, nothing to play for, and was @ yo place for the last game of the season.....and you lost 29-24. If you had won that game you guys would have been 10-6 right? Would that had gotten you in the playoffs? Or were ya'll (that means yous guys) already eliminated despite a 10-6 record?
Regardless it has alot to do with "anything though".

THEFUTURE
07-05-2005, 07:59 PM
finally bills fans are commin over here to discuss some football, i was a little bored sittin over on the bills board waitin for the next good discussion about texans vs the bills, cuz we didnt have any bills fans comming here to miz it up...
there are two sides to every coin so to speak however.. people only want to relive the past when it benefits them. for example, the last time the texans played the bills, the texans won... now some bills fans will say we are living in the past.. ok maybe... but how come a bills fan has no problem talking about how well their D was, last year.. is that not in the past as well? i just find it convenient that when you look back at something, people want to scrutinize it for being history, but they themselves want to relive other historic facts, and talk about only their own positive history... i for one am for previous history, that is really the only thing you can measure up to, what have they done for you lately.

Buffalo_Bills
07-05-2005, 09:56 PM
Someone said that our D didnt do well against u in o2 or w/e

well our D has changed since then, we have TV and mcgee, Spikes is now comfortable with us.

Someone also said that CA was going to gloat about someone you guys never heard of, your entire team is no names!

Watch us trample you

Texans32
07-05-2005, 10:02 PM

well our D has changed since then, we have TV and mcgee, Spikes is now comfortable with us.

Someone also said that CA was going to gloat about someone you guys never heard of, your entire team is no names!

Watch us trample you

the bills have no chance vs. the texans, loseman throws 2 or 3 picks, andre johnson & david carr light yall up through the air, and dom davis runs all over yall..............................NO CONTEST :highfive:

stephen1
07-05-2005, 10:27 PM

Buffalo Wins 21-17

people compared vince carter to michael jordan

CAbills
07-05-2005, 10:30 PM
You used an avatar with Mcgahee hilites against a Steelers team that had the homefield advantage wrapped up, nothing to play for, and was @ yo place for the last game of the season.....and you lost 29-24. If you had won that game you guys would have been 10-6 right? Would that had gotten you in the playoffs? Or were ya'll (that means yous guys) already eliminated despite a 10-6 record?
Regardless it has alot to do with "anything though".

I had no idea my AVATAR was going to be critiqued so much, I would have put up a better one if I would have known this. By the way its *highlights.* I still have no idea what you are trying to get at either, or what point you are trying to make?

CAbills
07-05-2005, 10:32 PM
there are two sides to every coin so to speak however.. people only want to relive the past when it benefits them. for example, the last time the texans played the bills, the texans won... now some bills fans will say we are living in the past.. ok maybe... but how come a bills fan has no problem talking about how well their D was, last year.. is that not in the past as well? i just find it convenient that when you look back at something, people want to scrutinize it for being history, but they themselves want to relive other historic facts, and talk about only their own positive history... i for one am for previous history, that is really the only thing you can measure up to, what have they done for you lately.

I think comparing something when was that game two years ago to last year is totally different. If we dont base on what happened on last year that what can we possibly discuss? However a lot changes in the NFL in a year especially in two years. But if we aren't allowed to talk about last year than what should we talk about?

Texans32
07-05-2005, 10:33 PM
people compared vince carter to michael jordan

nice :highfive:

stephen1
07-05-2005, 10:52 PM
but how come a bills fan has no problem talking about how well their D was, last year.. is that not in the past as well? i just find it convenient that when you look back at something, people want to scrutinize it for being history, but they themselves want to relive other historic facts, and talk about only their own positive history... i for one am for previous history, that is really the only thing you can measure up to, what have they done for you lately.

the bills defense has not gotten any worse, so you can expect the same or maybe even better production

texasguy346
07-05-2005, 11:14 PM

The Bills played the Texans in 02 and 03. 2003 was AJ's rookie season, and you might remember that game because he got his 122 yds on 4 receptions against your defense that had Clements AND Winfield. You also had Lawyer Milloy, Sam Adams, Pat Williams, Spikes, Posey, Schobel, McGee, Fletcher, etc. All this mind you on your home turf with our backup QB Tony Banks being forced into action early. Now since then your defense has lost Winfield and Pat Williams, and added Vincent who is now your FS. Do you really expect AJ to perform worse than he did in his rookie season? I wouldn't bet on it. Do you think DD will perform better or worse now that he's entering his 3rd season in the NFL and Williams is no longer in the middle for your team? Keep in mind that he performed pretty well against one of the better interior DT tandems in the league in Stroud and Henderson on their homefield in Jacksonville. This will be the 3rd meeting of our two teams. Buffalo won the first game in 2002 at Houston during our innaugural season, and then Houston won the second game in 2003 on Buffalo's turf. Neither game was a blowout, and all indications are that this 3rd meeting will be even better than the previous two.

Big B Texan Fan
07-05-2005, 11:19 PM
I had no idea my AVATAR was going to be critiqued so much, I would have put up a better one if I would have known this. By the way its *highlights.* I still have no idea what you are trying to get at either, or what point you are trying to make?

As far as my point, I believe I asked you 2 questions in the post that you pulled out the spelling card an me. Answer the questions and that's my point.

CAbills
07-05-2005, 11:29 PM
As far as my point, I believe I asked you 2 questions in the post that you pulled out the spelling card an me. Answer the questions and that's my point.

Well seeing as we finished 9-7, yes if we won that game that would have meant 10-6. I thought that was a rhetorical question, pretty simple to answer yourself.

There is no real concrete answer to say if the Bills would have made the playoffs. For the bills to make the playoffs in that final week the Jets had to lose to the Rams which they did. However, after our game went final the Jets realized they had nothing to play for and essentially tanked the game. So it remains to be seen what MIGHT have happen had the bills won.

I pulled the spelling card because you where trying to back some unseen argument with by using my avatar as an example. Sorry.

McGahee2000
07-05-2005, 11:35 PM
TEXAN FANS: YOUR TEAM IS A JOKE. YOU HAVE NO GAME GOING INTO WEEK 1. YOU'VE LOST PLAYERS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL AND WILL LOSE MORE COMING INTO OUR HOUSE.

Oh, and Willis will drop 115 yds and 2tds on you...

THEFUTURE
07-06-2005, 03:08 AM
I think comparing something when was that game two years ago to last year is totally different. If we dont base on what happened on last year that what can we possibly discuss? However a lot changes in the NFL in a year especially in two years. But if we aren't allowed to talk about last year than what should we talk about?

i agree that referencing last years statistics is part of the way people argue, and i support it. but i dont support people that want to use it to make their own points, but then when past evidence is brought against them, it is brushed off, and holds no merit... and a lot more team's fans are going to start pulling out the we beat you last time excuse, even if it is a couple years later, because how the scheduling is set up now, thats the only way to compare past encounters

THEFUTURE
07-06-2005, 03:10 AM
the bills defense has not gotten any worse, so you can expect the same or maybe even better production
i dont want to hear how good their D is, they played 2 teams that were among the top 10 in offensive production, the Texans played the entire top 5 offensive producing teams, plus 2 more i believe in the top 10.. the bills played some of the worst offensive teams in the league last year, and some of the worst teams in the league period down the stretch of the season

THEFUTURE
07-06-2005, 03:12 AM

Watch us trample you
no names huh? ok buddy, you will be callin andre johnson, daddy, by the time he is done with the bills this time.. so dont you worry about it

Master Po
07-06-2005, 04:08 AM

Watch us trample you

Man, I hope your team has those ridiculously ignorant sentiments. Highly unlikely though.

jppaul
07-06-2005, 04:22 AM
See how much fun this is. I wish we had picked a fight earlier.

Nobody lie you are all enjoying this immensly. Bills and Texans fans alike.

Far as I can figure it nothing, better to do in the dog days of summer.

CAbills
07-06-2005, 09:53 PM
i dont want to hear how good their D is, they played 2 teams that were among the top 10 in offensive production, the Texans played the entire top 5 offensive producing teams, plus 2 more i believe in the top 10.. the bills played some of the worst offensive teams in the league last year, and some of the worst teams in the league period down the stretch of the season

We had two playoff teams in our division one went to the superbowl. The New England patriots made the Colts look like a pop warner team and they swept you last year right? I would hardly call our defense an overrated unit, its not our fault we had to play the browns and niners.

THEFUTURE
07-07-2005, 03:53 AM
We had two playoff teams in our division one went to the superbowl. The New England patriots made the Colts look like a pop warner team and they swept you last year right? I would hardly call our defense an overrated unit, its not our fault we had to play the browns and niners.
we had this discussion actually on the bills board a little while ago, like i said there. you can't help who you play, your right. but when you go back and look at your season, do you actually believe your defense was tested night in and night out by the best, and stood strong.. i doubt you do. the fact is they got the 2nd place ranking because they played bad offenses, so that, added on top of a above avg defense, gives the perception that the bills are a dominant D. when reality is they were above avg, and got to play bad offensive teams, and took advantage of it, had they played some of the more high powered offenses, like the Texans did, i doubt that their #2 ranking would be that high

Vinny
07-07-2005, 10:37 AM
http://people.freenet.de/cheimt04/drebuftd.gif

gwallaia
07-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Vinny, thanks for posting that. How the hell did he break out of that?

TEXANS84
07-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Are these the same Bills fans that were begging us to beat Jacksonville for them?

Big B Texan Fan
07-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Vinny, thanks for posting that. How the hell did he break out of that?
True Grit baby, True Grit.

CAbills
07-07-2005, 09:44 PM
when reality is they were above avg, and got to play bad offensive teams, and took advantage of it, had they played some of the more high powered offenses, like the Texans did, i doubt that their #2 ranking would be that high

Who are these high powered offenses you speak of? Colts, I will give you that and Minnesota. I see no other "high powered" offenses you played last year.

If we are just above average where are our weak points on defense. There isnt one position right now that you can say is a weak point on the defense.

Big B Texan Fan
07-07-2005, 10:24 PM
Who are these high powered offenses you speak of? Colts, I will give you that and Minnesota. I see no other "high powered" offenses you played last year.

If we are just above average where are our weak points on defense. There isnt one position right now that you can say is a weak point on the defense.
Why don't you give us a game by game breakdown of who played last year and tell what you'd grade them on a 1-10 scale, 10 being the best. Include scores.

CAbills
07-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Why don't you give us a game by game breakdown of who played last year and tell what you'd grade them on a 1-10 scale, 10 being the best. Include scores.
:listening

Big B Texan Fan
07-07-2005, 10:41 PM
:listening
Can we then stop :deadhorse plz. Start a new thread. Let's compare LB's or something. Hey, that'll actually be a good topic. Did your team run a 4-3 or a 3-4?

Wolf
07-07-2005, 10:42 PM
I'll give our cheerleaders a 10 :drool:

as for the Bills, they are pretty solid on D , I'll give them that.

If our OL can pass block, and if we can get any kind of pass rush, should be an exciting game. I do think we will confuse JP though.. so key for our D is stop that run and make JP beat us..

should be a good http://www.spacespider.net/emo/sw018.gif

CAbills
07-07-2005, 10:45 PM
4-3 zone blitzing scheme.

THEFUTURE
07-08-2005, 02:22 AM

If we are just above average where are our weak points on defense. There isnt one position right now that you can say is a weak point on the defense
Houston= Kansas City #1, Indianapolis #2 (twice), Green Bay #3, Minnesota #4, and Denver #5, San Diego #10, Titans #11 (twice), Jets # 12, Oakland #17, Jacksonville #21 (twice), Detroit #24, Cleveland # 28, Chicago #32

Buffalo= Jacksonville# 21, Oakland#17 New England#7 (twice), N.Y. Jets#12 (twice), Miami#29 (twice), Baltimore #31, Arizona #27, St. Louis #6, Seattle #8, Cleveland #28, Cincinnati #18, San Francisco #26, Pittsburgh #16

like i said, your Defense had it easy in comparison to the Texans D... and i dont think there are any weak players, but no stars either. just a bunch of above average players at every position

jppaul
07-08-2005, 04:25 AM
Can we then stop :deadhorse plz. Start a new thread. Let's compare LB's or something. Hey, that'll actually be a good topic. Did your team run a 4-3 or a 3-4?

I Love it. Where did you get the "Beat the Dead Horse"?

Also to distill it down:

Buffalo's opponents avg. rated offense(the ranking according to the NFL or strength of schedule (lower means they faced better offenses): 18.375
Houston's opponents avg. rated offense: 12.75

ATX
07-08-2005, 05:38 AM
You talking about this Buffalo defense?

http://people.freenet.de/cheimt04/drebuftd.gif

texanpride

jppaul
07-08-2005, 03:21 PM
You talking about this Buffalo defense?

I love that clip.

ATX
07-08-2005, 04:05 PM
yeah, i'm curious to see which of those bills are still on their defense in the clip. Cabills, can you tell us this? i can't really see the jersey numbers all that great.

CAbills
07-08-2005, 11:38 PM
yeah, i'm curious to see which of those bills are still on their defense in the clip. Cabills, can you tell us this? i can't really see the jersey numbers all that great.

I forgot one play defines a team. Your right though I am sure I couldnt find one play of the Texans D getting scored on. :rolleyes:

Good play none the less.

texasguy346
07-09-2005, 01:18 AM
You can see Lawyer Milloy, Takeo Spikes, looks like Clements and Winfield also. London Fletcher is one of the inital three guys he breaks away from. Hard to tell the rest from that clip.

red bull
07-10-2005, 10:08 AM

We played the top five offenses in the league, including Indianapolis twice. That's six games against top five offenses.

Big B Texan Fan
07-10-2005, 12:36 PM
If ya'll go back in NFL history and look up top defenses you'll see that (for the most part) they collectively played weaker opponents for most of the seaosn.

Their are alot of things that go into winning or at leats going to a SB:
A. Strength of schedule-do you think the Pats recent legacy is tarnished if we go back and see that they played weaker opponents in one of the three seasons that they won it all, probably not. Same goes for the 90's cowgirls, 80's 49er's and redskins, and the 70's steelers. I'm sure they played some weak offensive opponents from time to time and maybe even one season they played mostly weak offensive teams. Same goes for the bills 4 AFC champs in a row. Another good one is to look up the undefeated Fins team in the early 70's and see what their strength of schedule was.

B. Luck-Some of the teams have to re-build or go through an injury ditch and the opposing teams that get to play them usually win. This is sometimes a result of the revolving schedule we got now.

There are other reasons but these are two common reasons that teams like the bills look that they have an exceptional defense when in reality they have an average/sub-par defense that couldn't tackle a sack of potatoes as long as it had #80 Texans jersey on it. :neener:

bills.fan.in.NE
07-10-2005, 05:27 PM
Sorry !! :embarrass

mexican_texan
07-10-2005, 05:29 PM
with jp losman at the reigns, the bills will struggle with their 1st time starter. i expect them to lose the first few games.

Shinibu
07-10-2005, 06:26 PM
You texan fans are *****S, except for a few. You have a pretty good team that is getting better, but they are not gonna win this game. Its gonna be Bills 20-10.

Losman 230 yards, 1 td, 1 int
Mcgahee 130 yards 1 td

Carr 176yd, 1 td 3 int
Davis 67 yd 0 td.

CAbills
07-10-2005, 08:26 PM
You texan fans are *****S, except for a few. You have a pretty good team that is getting better, but they are not gonna win this game. Its gonna be Bills 20-10.

Mcgahee 130 yards 1 td

Carr 176yd, 1 td 3 int
Davis 67 yd 0 td.

No need to result to name calling. Dont give bills fans a bad name.

TexansTrueFan
07-10-2005, 09:19 PM
now this isnt big ben and the bills arent the steelers so we will prolly win.

Wolf
07-10-2005, 09:38 PM
to me all JP has to do is pull a trent dilfer ... don't make mistakes and take care of the ball... let the RB do their thing and the defense do theirs.. should be a close game IMO..

Texans.. need to stop the run and make JP beat them.. Texans have to get some kind of pass rush esp on 3rd down with either 3 or 4 people.

Texans should win a close one though :highfive:

TexansTrueFan
07-10-2005, 09:44 PM
well our D should be improved this year, so id say we have a better chance of beating them this year than we woulda had last year.

overfrombuffalo
07-10-2005, 10:31 PM
hey just wanted to say, and i think i speak for all bills fan when i say this....

good luck the first game, should be a well hard fought game. you guys have a tough offense we got a tough defense, you have johnson we have mcgahee.

my prediction is bills win 24-20(obviously im gonna say that haha)

cya, maybe ill be around more who knows

TexanFanInCC
07-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Bills 27
Texans 24

no pass rush??? with better corners and antwan peek getting more time, our defense has the luxury of being more aggressive in the blitzing department.

Big B Texan Fan
07-10-2005, 11:53 PM

Mcgahee 130 yards 1 td

Carr 176yd, 1 td 3 int
Davis 67 yd 0 td.
You got the yardage right but on the wrong guy. McGahee will be the one with the most yards and JP is gonna have >200.

And the Texans #'s are my prediction too, ........AT THE HALF!!!!!!! minus the int's

overfrombuffalo
07-11-2005, 12:36 PM
I'll give you the good (top 10 scoring D) defense, but dominant running game? Stats don't tell the whole story, but...

Houston 481 attempts, 1882 yds, 3.9 ypc, 117.6 ypg, 16 TD's, 103 1st downs
Buffalo 483 attempts, 1874 yds, 3.9 ypc, 117.1 ypg, 15 TD's, 102 FD's

I've never heard anyone describe our running game as dominant as a matter of fact somewhere I have heard people say it is a running game no one is scared of. I'd go more with Texans good (and the potential to be really good) and Bills really good.

ok well willis mcgahee only started 11 games so that has alot to do with it. he is much better than travis henry, not to mention davis

infantrycak
07-11-2005, 12:44 PM
ok well willis mcgahee only started 11 games so that has alot to do with it. he is much better than travis henry, not to mention davis

The point is the overall running game for the team--that is why the stats are for the team and not McGahee and Davis alone. In any event, McGahee averaged a whopping 0.1 more ypc than the Bills running game in total so his not starting a few games didn't affect the numbers above much at all.

mouldsmachine1
07-11-2005, 02:43 PM
Houston is making some strides, but they cant really compete with the Bills on opening day in orchard park. Ive seen your pourus run defense and if Willis gets into the secondary more than 10 times hes going to have a huge day. Im talking close to 200 yards. Our defense has is shut-down when it comes to the run, with arguably the best secondary in the league. Wont give up more than 20 points. 31-17 Bills.

texasguy346
07-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Our defense has is shut-down when it comes to the run, with arguably the best secondary in the league.

You've got to be kidding me. Two years ago when you had Clements and Winfield along with Milloy you perhaps had a case, but even then AJ had 122 yds on 4 receptions with a TD. Teams like the Vikings (Smoot, Winfield, Chavous, Sharper, B. Williams) or Baltimore (McAllister, Rolle, Deion, Reed, Demps) have a a legit case for calling themselves the best secondary in the league.

Texans32
07-11-2005, 02:54 PM
with arguably the best secondary in the league. Wont give up more than 20 points. 31-17 Bills.

first of all, our secondary is way better than yours, second of all, we wont lose because if we cant run on yall (which we will, you lost your ginourmous DT in the middle) then we'll just pass all over you. you dont have anyone that can cover andre

Carr Bombed
07-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Houston is making some strides, but they cant really compete with the Bills on opening day in orchard park. Ive seen your pourus run defense and if Willis gets into the secondary more than 10 times hes going to have a huge day. Im talking close to 200 yards. Our defense has is shut-down when it comes to the run, with arguably the best secondary in the league. Wont give up more than 20 points. 31-17 Bills.

You sure your not a jag fan, because we hear the same thing from them all the time. Davis might not break the big one, but he always gets positive yardage and is a double threat, he is very underated. You say you've seen our run defense, but I don't think you have. We totally revamped our lb core and added pure speed, plus Payne is going to be a full season removed from his knee injurey and him and Walker will be playing for their jobs with a very talented #1drft pck. rookie sitting right behind them. R. Smith is great at stuffing the run and will have a full season under his belt playing in the 3-4 as will J. Babin. As for your secondary I don't think you'll have that much of a advantage. We have one of the most Young talented secondaries in the league.

TEXANS84
07-11-2005, 03:03 PM
Wont give up more than 20 points. 31-17 Bills.

Thats a pretty stout assessment for JP Losman on his first ever game. 31 points eh?

And your defense doesn't scare us either. I seem to remember a team that always tells us how "strong, and scary" their defense is. But yet last year in two games, they never scored a touchdown against us....and we won both games with a combined score of 41-6.

ATX
07-11-2005, 03:09 PM
hmmm, and i wonder what team you're talking about? do they meow?

Evans Fan
07-11-2005, 07:35 PM
The bills secondary has four probowlers ( Clements Vincent McGee Milloy) all of them went to at least one probowl I know what Andrre Johnson did in 2003 but moulds was hurt and McGahee didn't play oh and Lee Evans wasn't a buffalo bill plus TV wasn't their either Not to mention didn't buffalo have the Copmeback against a houston team? I can't remember really well they were down 35-3 and won wasn't that team from houston talk about a melt DOWN!! :highfive:

TEXANS84
07-11-2005, 11:59 PM
I can't remember really well they were down 35-3 and won wasn't that team from houston talk about a melt DOWN!! :highfive:

Why don't you bring that up to the Titan fans. That game means nothing to us now.

Algebrat
07-12-2005, 01:58 PM
Exactly, completely two different organizations.

Different organization or not...I still felt a sour twitch in my stomach read I read that reminder. :ouch:

rittenhouserobz
07-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Here is my assessment of the game.

Houston offense:
QB: Carr He is becoming an experienced veteran. I would like to see him calling the plays himself a little more. I think he had a few "Delay of game" from the play not making it in to him. I can see 2 TD's and on 1 Int.
RB: DD needs solid blocking of course to make a dent in the Buffalo defense. Pat Williams moving to the Vikes will help in this part of his game. He will have to make those catches out of the backfield when they are running 2 and 3 deep coverage. I would assume Takeo is going to be following him around alot though so he better get his recieveing yards while already downfield. Spikes will close fast on him.

WR's: AJ can dominate a secondary's attention and still make the catch. Gaffney should do well in the slot. I think the WR's that will give the Bills secondary the biggest issue for matchups are Bradford and Jerome Mathis IMHO moreso Mathis. I am curious. Who would cover him?

TE: We have one-dimension TE's. When either Miller or Bruener is in the game the defense is able to cheat a little to the run or the pass.

OL: The OL has still not been completely settled after 3 years. I would have hoped that by year 4 there would have been a solid OL, but we are still developing a couple of positions. I think they will be able to keep Carr off his back if the 3 and 5 step passes work.

DL: We have pro-bowl DT's in Wlaker and Payne coupled with a solid DT in Smith. Add in our experienced depth and 1st round pick and I think we are going to be fine on the DL.

LB's: We have Babin returning with a year of experience. I hope he has bulked up a little to match Peek. Babin can keep up with the best RB's. Ask LT Peek should be a monster at disturbing the peace in the backfield. Wong will have to be the glue here. He will have to be the leader of the LB's and the defense to some degree. Our new LB from the Dolphins, Morlon Greenwood, should help patrol the middle to stop up McGahee.

DB's: Buchanon will have his hands full with Moulds, but having a guy like Coleman up top should help him quite a bit. Robinson should be able to cover Evans straight up most of the time. Faggins will shift to RCB and Drob will play NB in 3-WR sets. I would expect the Texans to go to cover-2 when Faggins is playing on the outside.

STs: The Texans are paying special attention to ST's. We have yet to have a KO or a punt return for a TD (I think ?) I sure hope Pbuc and Mathis can break the trend.

I know it is one-sided, because the Texans are my team and thats who I follow. Feel free to pick apart the logic. Texans 31 Buf 21

HaTeItOrLoVeIt
07-12-2005, 02:52 PM
i personally think it's hilarious to read all these posts saying how the Bills are going to win big and they have all these high scoring predictions...mcgahee will be the only weapon for the Bills...Losman will disappoint...but mcgahee can only do so much. The Bills D will keep you in the game but Texans win...and no they won't score more than 17 in this game...any other predictions are just homerism at its best

infantrycak
07-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Here is my assessment of the game.

LB's: Peek should be a monster at disturbing the peace in the backfield.

This is going to be an interesting match-up. Peek in for the 1st time as 1st stringer (yes he started a few games his rookie year but that was due to injury) up against Mike Gandy, a 3rd round selection of the Bears who lost his starting gig there and will be appearing in his 1st regular season game for the Bills in place of Jonas Jennings.

THEFUTURE
07-12-2005, 03:29 PM
McGahee didn't play
who cares? you still had a very good running back in Travis Henry that was carrying the load, its not like you guys were being held down, because you didnt have a running back.

Evans Fan
07-12-2005, 03:58 PM
McGahee is better than Henry so if you couldn't stop henry how can u expect to to McGahee? Plus Lee Evans will give drob trouble because he had to face law, surtain as corners and that made him into a really good reciever

THEFUTURE
07-12-2005, 06:35 PM
McGahee is better than Henry so if you couldn't stop henry how can u expect to to McGahee? Plus Lee Evans will give drob trouble because he had to face law, surtain as corners and that made him into a really good reciever
mcgahee might be now, but then, henry was a very productive back, and the most willis can do is duplicate it... teams are on to mcgahee now, and will key on him, more than the pass, no one is scared of jp losman... lee evans won't give drob problems, if anything its the opposite. plus since when does facing tough receivers a few times a year make you an automatic better receiver.... and another thing, dunta wont even match up against evans, buchanon will... number 2 receiver vs number 2 cornerback

Evans Fan
07-12-2005, 07:55 PM
mcgahee might be now, but then, henry was a very productive back, and the most willis can do is duplicate it... teams are on to mcgahee now, and will key on him, more than the pass, no one is scared of jp losman... lee evans won't give drob problems, if anything its the opposite. plus since when does facing tough receivers a few times a year make you an automatic better receiver.... and another thing, dunta wont even match up against evans, buchanon will... number 2 receiver vs number 2 cornerback

then drob will be punished by moulds and evans should have no problem with p buch plus you guys will have to watch Mcgee on kickoff returns he's amazing ( 4 return Td's last year) and roscoe parrrish or Johnathn " fast freddie" smith will burn yu on punts . Look at last year Bills #1 special teams oh and another thing watch for the Mcgahee stiff arm IT"S FAMOUS in buffalo. Your defenders will be left on the field wondering what hit them like this :ouch: plus this is for Vinny You remeber the comback what did that feel like when it happened i want to kno

ATX
07-12-2005, 08:03 PM
Oh no the dreaded mcgahee stiff arm thats famous in Buffalo. :sleep: :blah:

Evans Fan
07-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Oh no the dreaded mcgahee stiff arm thats famous in Buffalo. :sleep: :blah:

you'll see

rmartin65
07-12-2005, 08:46 PM
sure.

TEXANS84
07-12-2005, 09:01 PM
You remeber the comback what did that feel like when it happened i want to kno
Do you remember it? That would make you say...2 at that time?

That's a pointless arguement on these boards. Like I said before, the Oilers now reside in Tennessee. They took the colors, the team, and their history to Nashville.

Doug
07-12-2005, 09:56 PM
watch for the Mcgahee stiff arm IT"S FAMOUS in buffalo. Your defenders will be left on the field wondering what hit them

I'm just curious why his stiff arm is only famous in Buffalo.!?

ATX
07-13-2005, 01:51 AM
you'll see

yeah, and you'll see mcgahee get his a** knocked down by jason simmons or dunta robinson. please refer to the post "texans highlights clips".

rittenhouserobz
07-13-2005, 06:35 AM
I am sure Chris Brown or I believe it was wheatly can tell what a hit our DB's can lay on a RB. YOu should not sound too confident until the second hlf of the game at least. So far we are 1-0 when facing AFC east opponents on the road in season-opener's. :)

rmartin65
07-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Texans win, 24-10.

McGahee gets knocked out of the game by D-rob

THEFUTURE
07-13-2005, 02:59 PM
then drob will be punished by moulds and evans should have no problem with p buch plus you guys will have to watch Mcgee on kickoff returns he's amazing ( 4 return Td's last year) and roscoe parrrish or Johnathn " fast freddie" smith will burn yu on punts . Look at last year Bills #1 special teams oh and another thing watch for the Mcgahee stiff arm IT"S FAMOUS in buffalo. Your defenders will be left on the field wondering what hit them like this :ouch: plus this is for Vinny You remeber the comback what did that feel like when it happened i want to kno
moulds can hardly punish anyone anymore, let alone an emerging elite cornerback in Dunta. how many TD's have we ever given up on ST??? i am thinking 1 maybe last year... can't really think of to many... a stiff arm would be famous in buffalo, you don't have much else to be proud about around there do you? it must be getting pretty bad down there, when a stiff arm is famous, and not just any stiff arm... a special teams stiff arm... people in buffalo must really love those special teams

texan2061
07-13-2005, 04:26 PM
20-14 Houston

CAbills
07-13-2005, 06:47 PM
it must be getting pretty bad down there, when a stiff arm is famous, and not just any stiff arm... a special teams stiff arm... people in buffalo must really love those special teams

Lets read it again...thats not what he said.

Reading comprehension, the lost art.

Blake
07-13-2005, 06:58 PM
I love how every week we have some know it all fans from the other team come over and start the smack talk. Hello Bills fans.

It never fails.

CAbills
07-13-2005, 08:18 PM
It wasn't supposed to start off as smack talk. Unfortunately that is what it has become though.

THEFUTURE
07-13-2005, 08:39 PM
It wasn't supposed to start off as smack talk. Unfortunately that is what it has become though.
haha your right, he did say mcgahee. I thought it said mcgee. maybe we should teach buffalo fans to write in full, complete, and proper sentences, then however. Periods never hurt either.

In all seriousness now, mcgahee's stiff arm isn't going to provide much help to him. Sure he will get his 85-100 yards, but will probably need 25-30 rushes to do so. our defense is going to swarm the run. we are to fast, and have a very good group of tacklers on the field. a lot of players that will make plays. not just wait for the plays to come to them

Evans Fan
07-13-2005, 09:22 PM
moulds can hardly punish anyone anymore, let alone an emerging elite cornerback in Dunta. how many TD's have we ever given up on ST??? i am thinking 1 maybe last year... can't really think of to many... a stiff arm would be famous in buffalo, you don't have much else to be proud about around there do you? it must be getting pretty bad down there, when a stiff arm is famous, and not just any stiff arm... a special teams stiff arm... people in buffalo must really love those special teamsMoulds faced better corners than drub and did pretty good 87 catches to show for it and if u say patrick Curtain suck you are a moron they considered Curtain one of the best so was Law and let's see McAllister moulds made amazing catches last year and will continue to do so against you guys

rmartin65
07-13-2005, 09:30 PM
can i ask you something evans fan? who is brob?

CAbills
07-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Moulds faced better corners than drub and did pretty good 87 catches to show for it and if u say patrick Curtain suck you are a moron they considered Curtain one of the best so was Law and let's see McAllister moulds made amazing catches last year and will continue to do so against you guys

EASSSYY Evans dont hurt yourself. Its Dunta first of all and patrick SURTAIN.

Its worthless right now over to argue against two players who have never played against each other.

Now its easy for Bills fans to say Moulds is Surtains daddy because he has beaten him and put up great stats against him.

Dunta is a very good up and coming CB and if he keeps improving it looks like you guys will have an all pro on your defense for years to come. But he is only one man.. it will be fun to see the outcome of the game though.

TopTexanFan16
07-13-2005, 10:21 PM

Its worthless right now over to argue against two players who have never played against each other.

Now its easy for Bills fans to say Moulds is Surtains daddy because he has beaten him and put up great stats against him.

Dunta is a very good up and coming CB and if he keeps improving it looks like you guys will have an all pro on your defense for years to come. But he is only one man.. it will be fun to see the outcome of the game though.

yes D-rob is only 1 man and so is Mcgahee....and sry if i spelt his name wrong.

TopTexanFan16
07-13-2005, 10:22 PM

thax its nice to see fans who can discuss other teams players without always talkin smack, at least one Bills fan realizes we have an up and coming elite CB

CAbills
07-14-2005, 02:23 AM
yes D-rob is only 1 man and so is Mcgahee....and sry if i spelt his name wrong.

I would like to think a running back has more impact in the game than a corner back. :confused:

ATX
07-14-2005, 03:47 AM
I would like to think a running back has more impact in the game than a corner back. :confused:

guess you never met Drob then bro. so think all you want. the fact of the matter is running backs get all the fame while cornerbacks don't get the respect they deserve for shutting guys down. but yet this comes down to basic football. football is a team game, the ultimate team game in fact, and a RB is 1/11 of the offense just as a cb is 1/11 of the defense. so as far as i'm concerned, each position is just as important as the other.

CAbills
07-14-2005, 04:07 AM
Last time I checked the cornerback doesn't touch the ball 20-30 times a game. Sure a shutdown corner is an important part of a defense but I think a running back has more of an impact in a game.

No I havent met Drob bro have you? How is he? I also disagree that cornerbacks dont get any "fame." Cornerback is easily one of the more recongized and "respected" positions on the defense.

Every position is of equal importance? As much as I would like this to be true it isn't. Your saying the QB position is just as important as a Strong Safety? or a Left guard? I disagree.

There is a reason why certain positions have higher average salaries, because of the importance and value they bring to the game.

infantrycak
07-14-2005, 10:35 AM
Last time I checked the cornerback doesn't touch the ball 20-30 times a game. Sure a shutdown corner is an important part of a defense but I think a running back has more of an impact in a game.

There is a reason why certain positions have higher average salaries, because of the importance and value they bring to the game.

Well you basically just disproved yourself. CB's are paid much more than RB's nowadays. In fact, CB's now have the highest franchise tag of any position--this is an anomaly because of Winfield's signing bonus being paid as a roster bonus last year, but CB's have been #2 to QB's for a while. CB's $8.8 mil, QB's $8.1 mil, RB's $6.3 mil--others above RB's include DE's, WR's, and OLmen.

CAbills
07-14-2005, 12:55 PM
You copied pasted two different answers to two different questions. I was trying to disprove the point that every person on the field is of equal value and importance.

True cornerbacks get paid more and rightfully so. How many good corners do you see in the league? Very few. A decent runningback is much easier to find than a great corner.

Still I can't seem to find a way justify that a good cornerback is more important or has more of an impact in a game than a good runningback.

There is no way to prove a point like this, so you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.

Vinny
07-14-2005, 12:57 PM
I think it is a widely held opinion that great corners impact the game as much as just about any position on the field. Try staying in games with poor cornerbacks. Can you say shoot outs? ;)

CAbills
07-14-2005, 01:00 PM
I think it is a widely held opinion that great corners impact the game as much as just about any position on the field. Try staying in games with poor cornerbacks. Can you say shoot outs? ;)

True. Not having a runningback doesn't help either.

Look at Miami last year, I would say Patrick Surtain and Sam Madison are very good corners. Miami had absolutely no runningback last year. The two great corners did nothing to stop a 4-12 record.

DreamCatcher
07-14-2005, 01:02 PM
Texans 24
Bills 20

Vinny
07-14-2005, 02:16 PM
True. Not having a runningback doesn't help either.

Look at Miami last year, I would say Patrick Surtain and Sam Madison are very good corners. Miami had absolutely no runningback last year. The two great corners did nothing to stop a 4-12 record.It is much easier to find a running back than a cornerback though. Look at the history of the NFL drafts and most of the better corners are picked in the first two rounds. You can find a back who can come in and do the job in just about any round.

CAbills
07-14-2005, 02:41 PM
I am agreeing with you.

Evans Fan
07-14-2005, 09:46 PM
you guys say dunta is an elite corneback when he reaches clements level then you can call him that but he has only been in the league ONE YEAR so don't call him an elite emering corner cause he isn't that until he has kept proving it like clements did for dour years

texasguy346
07-14-2005, 10:16 PM
you guys say dunta is an elite corneback when he reaches clements level then you can call him that but he has only been in the league ONE YEAR so don't call him an elite emering corner cause he isn't that until he has kept proving it like clements did for dour years

Wouldn't the same rule apply to a RB who's only played one year? Perhaps a RB out of "Da U" who was picked up at the end of the 1st Round despite having suffered a major knee injury in a National Championship game. Wonder who I could be referring to...? :rolleyes: How could that RB have a legendary move (let's say stiff arm) if he's only played for one year? What about a WR who's only played one season? Let's say the guy comes out of Wisconsin, and he's a talented player with speed. Perhaps these rules you speak of aren't being applied equally to both teams.

mulpwr
07-14-2005, 11:12 PM
That Yikes! defense had the longest streak for not allowing a TD last year starting with denying the Colts for 3 quarters. Keep in mind the stats are a little deceptive as well since we played 6 games against the top 5 offenses in the league last year and just 2 against the bottom 5 offenses.

The AFC South had to face the most potent passing attacks last year.
Indy had to face NE,Tenn twice,Houston twice,Jax twice,GB,Minn,KC,SD,Denver...those are a bunch of good passing teams so maybe they weren't as bad as everyone thinks because their opponents had good passing offenses.

Houston faced 12 good passing attacks and the ones that weren't Cle,Chicago,NYJ,Detroit which the Jets and Lions had the potential. Thats why they allowed 32 TDs when you factor in only getting to the QB 24 times,last in the NFL.

Jax faced 12 good passing attacks while only Buffalo,Detroit,Pittsburgh and Chicago had mediocre passing attacks. Only allowed 18 passing TDs which is remarkable.

Tennessee you can say the same about since they had to face 12 good passing attacks and thats why they allowed 29 passing TDs.

Its what type of offensive team your defense faces.Going against Manning and Culpepper, carving up defenses last year,were two of the hottest TD throwing QBs in a long time.

This year it will be a little easier facing the AFC North and NFC West even though the Rams will be a tough passing offense to defend.

Evans Fan
07-15-2005, 09:28 PM
Wouldn't the same rule apply to a RB who's only played one year? Perhaps a RB out of "Da U" who was picked up at the end of the 1st Round despite having suffered a major knee injury in a National Championship game. Wonder who I could be referring to...? :rolleyes: How could that RB have a legendary move (let's say stiff arm) if he's only played for one year? What about a WR who's only played one season? Let's say the guy comes out of Wisconsin, and he's a talented player with speed. Perhaps these rules you speak of aren't being applied equally to both teams.

I never said lee evans was an emerging star because he has to prove himself this year and mcgahee doesn't need to prove anything he had a knee injury and cameback and did that plus backs from Da U don't need two years to prove themselve look at edge and mcGahee for starters

texasguy346
07-15-2005, 11:57 PM
That quote wasn't directed entirely at you, but to the whole logic that some of the young talented players on the Bills are all awesome whereas the young talented players on the Texans are unproven despite both having little experience in the league. Seems to me the rule applies to all of the young players equally despite the logo on their uniform.

As for the Miami RBs they've had their share of flops too just like any other University. (Alonzo Highsmith, James Jackson, Nick Williams, Larry Jones, etc.)

Texan Spain
07-16-2005, 11:06 AM
with a good offensive line, a tailback with no fumble problems will put good numbers, but a cornerback depends of him and no other. well if the front 7 makes a goos presure his job will be easier bet isn't like the job of a RB with a fantastic OLine

Evans Fan
07-16-2005, 08:23 PM
buffalo has in the leagues opinion the best offensive line coach in mcnally look what he has done for the bengals panther giants and bills

texasguy346
07-17-2005, 12:33 AM
buffalo has in the leagues opinion the best offensive line coach in mcnally look what he has done for the bengals panther giants and bills

I think Alex Gibbs of the Falcons (formerly of the Broncos) might beg to differ since he's been able to consistently produce some of the better rushing attacks in the NFL.

BigDTexansFan
07-17-2005, 10:13 AM
Bills 27
Texans 24

Vinny, Travis Henry is GONE Magahee will have to prove he can do the job all season, also in 2003 we beat them 12-10 WITHOUT Carr. We now have AJ on offense, I see running D improving with younger players able to pursue without oxygen after a run play.

Buffalo without ice and snow should be a good game

I predict a high yardage game for Buffalo BUT not a high scoring we will win 28-7 continuing our winning season openers to 3-1 :drool:

TexansR#1
07-17-2005, 11:01 AM
I think texans will win this one. for starters .. you have a second year qb who didnt see awhole lot of playing time behind drew. I might be mistaken I dont follow them to much. Second You have Mcgahee who I dont think is totally healty from his torn knee ligaments ( Go BUCS!!! ) If he is healthy all you have to do is stick 8 men in the box to stop him. Plus an inexperienced qb well be blitzing him all day. I predict Texans 21 Buffalo 17

texasguy346
07-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Vinny, Travis Henry is GONE Magahee will have to prove he can do the job all season, also in 2003 we beat them 12-10 WITHOUT Carr. We now have AJ on offense, I see running D improving with younger players able to pursue without oxygen after a run play.

We had AJ in 2003 when we won. It was his rookie season, and he had a very good game. Carr was knocked out early by Posey, and Banks played pretty well in his absence. As far as McGahee carrying the load I don't think it will be a problem. He had over 1100 yds with 13 TDs last season while starting in 11 games.

Big B Texan Fan
07-17-2005, 10:40 PM
Yea, McGahee is awesome. And as far as him having to carry the load, he only has to carry it into week one. Anything after that doesn't matter to us.

HoustonBills
07-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Guys I am a Bills fan and a Texans fan i have followed Texans since entering the NFL, but i live in Buffalo. So here goes mine. I think its going to be rocky for Bills. But you have to remember houston WR arnt that deep, dont hate me for saying this but johnsons succes is going to most likely drop off this season unless someone eles can step up to draw away defenders. Ok so we have a rookie QB hey guys bledsoe was playing like a Collage QB last season look at the numbers Carson Palmer played better than Bledsoe. JP can move he will take control he wont be amazing no but he wont be bad, why? cause he has a supporting cast. Hey i dont dislike carr iv had his jersey since his rookie year swear to god i bought it in Canton but i am willing to say that i think JP can have better numbers than Carr did in Carr's rookie season. Why? because again JP has more around him. and you guys have been talking about the Texans D yes im happy for us we got somethin good going but yet were young. Bills D will shut down any offense this year and thats my word. its hard to guess a score but i am willin to go out on a limb and say that playing in Buffalo on the opener its going to be Buffalo coming out on top by at least a TD. oh and my Texans i hate to say this but its ok cause were playing my hometeam im guna say that Texans dont score more than 17 points if that.

TEXANS84
07-18-2005, 04:07 PM
i am willing to say that i think JP can have better numbers than Carr did in Carr's rookie season. Why? because again JP has more around him.

Yes, because JP has an offensive line. Carr didn't...or doesn't.

Blake
07-18-2005, 04:26 PM
I also think it is a nice luxury for JP to have a year to learn before starting a whole season.

Carr was thrown to the wolves. He had to learn as he got pounded.

Like a wise man once told me. "Lifes a dance you learn as you go."....yes.....a wise man, thats it.

Carr Bombed
07-18-2005, 05:25 PM
But you have to remember houston WR arnt that deep, dont hate me for saying this but johnsons succes is going to most likely drop off this season unless someone eles can step up to draw away defenders.

Ok I realize you live in Buffalo so I'm not even going to get into the JP debate, but why do you think Johnsons #s are going to fall off. Is it because he'll be facing double coverage.....um he faced that LAST YEAR and he still dominated. Also Gaffney took a small step forward last year and I'm expecting him to take even a bigger one this year. People forget he was very young when we drafted him. Elite WRs don't drop off in their 3rd year, they take off. You act like teams didn't know and weren't trying to stop AJ last year. Our coaching staff has already said they are going to be more creative and call more plays to get the ball in AJ's hands, his #s should only improve. He should solidify himself as a top 5 wr this year.

HoustonBills
07-18-2005, 07:57 PM
Yes, because JP has an offensive line. Carr didn't...or doesn't.

Hey buddy at least you guys had Tony Boslie who do the bills have please tell me im dieing to know what kind of line my team has? O and to the other guy JP was injured all last season this is practiculy his Rookie season

Jwwillis
07-18-2005, 07:59 PM
Hey buddy at least you guys had Tony Boslie who do the bills have please tell me im dieing to know what kind of line my team has? O and to the other guy JP was injured all last season this is practiculy his Rookie season

Your kidding right?

HoustonBills
07-18-2005, 08:03 PM
Hey dude dont get me wrong at all i Love AJ i really do like him and i want the best for him but once you go to a probowl you begain to be a scouting target. Maybe i was wrong and i will admit now that you poit that things out to me wich i for some reason dident think about but styll AJ will get the ball and he will be a big time player but untill someone Steps up i mean cory is decent in the slot n Jabar did improve slightly but someone needs to play like a TJ Housmenzadah sorry about his last name. But puting up you know 900 yards er so maybe i am wrong again i did not check the numbers and i will once im done with this but untill that happens i can't see AJ doing much better. Do not get me wrong i am a TEXans fan and will be through it all but just like the Bills i tell things how it is i just joined this board today so give me some time but youll see bro i tell things how it is. The bills i am very worried about our line this year that is my nervouse part and our d line to i am worried also about that. And you can bet if you go on our board Evans4_6 thats my sn there you will see i have respect but i tell things stright up.

CAbills
07-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Houston, that physically hurt to read. :ouch:

Blake
07-18-2005, 09:36 PM
O and to the other guy JP was injured all last season this is practiculy his Rookie season

The point is, he had a whole year to get the game down. Watch plays, film, take notes, learn how things move in the NFL. My point was that he has had time to learn the game. Yeah, he was injured, but that didnt mean he went home and ate doritos all day while watching oprah.

Get a clue.

texasguy346
07-18-2005, 11:18 PM
Houston, that physically hurt to read. :ouch:

My sentiments exactly.

As far as the Boselli thing I'm not sure where that is coming from, but perhaps its a joke I'm not getting. Hard for Boselli to make much of an impact without ever actually playing.

Buffalo_Bills
07-20-2005, 10:01 PM
You actually think you will be able to pass and run over around and through the likes of Takeo Spikes, Lawyer Milloy, Sam Adams, Nate Clements, London Fletcher, Terrence McGee, Troy Vincent... hell jeff posey can stop dd.

Then you think your no name cbs and safteys will be able to cover Eric Moulds, Roscoe Parrish, Lee Evans, Josh Reed, and sam aiken? even if you somehow could manage that you think your nameless LBs and DTs can stop Willis McGahee. You think Losman will be a bust, he broke records at tulane, is trusted enough to sack bledsoe, the defense says he can pick them apart, OUR top 5 defense that is.

I havent even mentioned our punter Brian Moorman... who is definatly over due for a prow bowl, or the fact that we have roscoe parrish, nate clements, and pro bowl player Terrence Mcgee returning kicks!

No competition was right, we will crush you!

Lucky
07-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Then you think your no name cbs and safteys will be able to cover Eric Moulds, Roscoe Parrish, Lee Evans, Josh Reed, and sam aiken?
Get real. No way you can stop Reed & Aiken. You can only hope to contain them.

You think Losman will be a bust, he broke records at tulane

Broke records at Tulane? Say it isn't so. We're doomed to the crushing bow of a Green Tidal Wave.

I havent even mentioned our punter Brian Moorman... Please no! Whatever you do, don't punt the ball to the Texans! Oh, the humanity.

Look, there's no shame in becoming the 1st victim of a Great Blue Buffalo team that's about to embark on a historic 19-0 championship run. Let's just hope the Texans are fortunate to make the playoffs & get smacked around by the Bills twice. And how about a big round of applause to those thoughtful Bills fans who were kind enough to inform us of our impending destruction. I think I feel a tear of gratitude coming on.

Blake
07-20-2005, 10:55 PM
even if you somehow could manage that you think your nameless LBs and DTs can stop Willis McGahee.

Hey hey now, our linebackers and defensive linemen have names. We have a rule. You have to have a name to be on the Texans. I tried out last year, but didnt make the cut, because I didnt have a name. So get your facts straight.

You think Losman will be a bust, he broke records at tulane, is trusted enough to sack bledsoe, the defense says he can pick them apart, OUR top 5 defense that is.

So...your top 5 defense, says a 2nd year rookie can pick them apart...good point.

================================================== ========
Now im not here to dis the bills. But im not going to say it will be an easy win. It will be a grind it out game, where one big play will swing it.

But calm down with the "THE BILLS WILL CRUSH YOU" routine. Damn, not even pre-season and im sick of the smack talkers from other teams....

CAbills
07-21-2005, 02:06 AM
You think Losman will be a bust, he broke records at tulane, is trusted enough to sack bledsoe, the defense says he can pick them apart, OUR top 5 defense that is.

First and foremost records in college mean nothing. If they did Dilfer would be a first ballot hall of famer. Second why do you keep saying the defense says he can pick them apart. Not once have I read/heard that from any news reports I have seen. Not once have I heard any other bill fan say this besides yourself.

Just because it sounds good in your head doesn't mean its true.

THEFUTURE
07-21-2005, 03:56 AM
You actually think you will be able to pass and run over around and through the likes of Takeo Spikes, Lawyer Milloy, Sam Adams, Nate Clements, London Fletcher, Terrence McGee, Troy Vincent... hell jeff posey can stop dd.we will just run by em if thats ok? jeff posey is a second rate LB, and thats being generous... what has Mcgahee done, yeah he had one great year.. there are plenty of those that happen... one hit wonders can happen

Then you think your no name cbs and safteys will be able to cover Eric Moulds, Roscoe Parrish, Lee Evans, Josh Reed, and sam aiken?
lets see, an older slower, less dangerous Eric Moulds... Roscoe Parrish, sorry but 5'7" receivers don't scare me to much... Lee Evans, the only talent you have that has a future... Josh Reed, bust?... Sam Aiken, who? talk about a no name ... and wait, two first round picks that are CBs for Houston, and a DROY runner up, and should of been DROY is one of em

You are hearing it here first, Tulane is a legit NCAA powerhouse.... :brickwall .. Top 5 defense is a joke, i have proved it before... oh and if losman is pickin em apart, then your defense must be some winners, a 2nd year qb with no experience tearin apart a vet defense... sounds promising for your D

I havent even mentioned our punter Brian Moorman
I might be wrong, but i thought the objective of the game is to get the other team and punt, who cares if your punter should go to the pro bowl

Vinny
07-21-2005, 01:16 PM
we will just run by em if thats ok? jeff posey is a second rate LB, and thats being generous... what has Mcgahee done, yeah he had one great year.. there are plenty of those that happen... one hit wonders can happen
Works both ways. We have our own Dunta Robinson.

Blake
07-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Works both ways. We have our own Dunta Robinson.

Dont confuse Dunta Robinson with one year wonder running backs. Cornerbacks dont come out of college, and have a pro-bowl rookie season without being special.

Vinny
07-21-2005, 04:32 PM
Dunta wasn't in the probowl. I'm just saying the argument works both ways anyway.

Texan Spain
07-21-2005, 04:43 PM
For that 5 foot 7 reciever we have Chris McKenzie.

Blake
07-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Dunta wasn't in the probowl. I'm just saying the argument works both ways anyway.

HAH. I didnt mean he was in the pro-bowl. I meant he had pro-bowl numbers.

I understand your argument, but it is flawed. Rookie cornerbacks dont produce those kind of numbers, and then flame out the rest of their carrers like runners can.

infantrycak
07-21-2005, 05:22 PM
I understand your argument, but it is flawed. Rookie cornerbacks dont produce those kind of numbers, and then flame out the rest of their carrers like runners can.

You should talk to folks in Dallas about Terrence Newman then. He definitely struggled more last year than his rookie year.