PDA

View Full Version : Hello (Season Opener Prediction Thread)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

disaacks3
09-02-2005, 01:43 PM
QB: Texans (b/c of experiance only, Carr is a hack)
RB: Bills
FB: Bills
OL: Bills
WR: Bills (Andre is the best, our unit is better than yours)
TE: wash

DL: Bills
LB: Bills
DB: Bills
ST: Bills

refute any of that. I dare you Dare taken..

RB: Texans - Please read 2004 Stats sheet (Davis ranked #8, McGahee #9)
DB: Texans - fairly close, but our D-Rob is toe-to-toe with Nate Clements, P-Buc has speed edge over McGee (and is a step 1/2 faster than Glenn was)

swtbound07
09-02-2005, 01:43 PM
While were on the subject of fantasy. What makes you think you are any better than anyone in the NFL. Your team has done less than any team in the past five years.

if that were true wouldnt we have had the number one draft pick in each of the past 5 years? interesting that we've only played for 3 :rolleyes:

WillisXPress
09-02-2005, 01:44 PM
Wow a pro wrestling fan. Guess that explains your focus on fantasy as opposed to reality.

Not really, I just think thats some ill **** to say to someone before you stomp a mudhole in someones arse.

Beside, you knew it was from wrestling... I'll bet you've got your face painted like the ultimate warrior as we type.

Exascor
09-02-2005, 01:44 PM
While were on the subject of fantasy. What makes you think you are any better than anyone in the NFL. Your team has done less than any team in the past five years.Well you are right here. Since we have only had 3 seasons then I doubt that we have do as much as the other 31 teams for the past 5 years. :loser

gr8slayer
09-02-2005, 01:45 PM
Well you are right here. Since we have only had 3 seasons then I doubt that we have do as much as the other 31 teams for the past 5 years. :loser
Only took the Jags one to be one game from the SB, whats your excuse?

William.carter
09-02-2005, 01:45 PM
So we're using preseason stats as a barometer?

So I should expect 23.3 passer rating Carr next Sunday.

This is gonna be a long week for your Texans. I doubt they are getting much sleep.

You were basing your claims off of your teams great performance and the Texans lousy performance in the last two preseascon games. even if you look at the crap stats we put up, Buffalo isn't in any better shape Considering your number 1 this, and number 2 that and top rated...

you can rate Buffalo whatever you want before the game happens. I'm just saying to be the steam roller of a team you claim them to be, they haven't shown it yet. But you know everything about our team from the preseason right.

gr8slayer
09-02-2005, 01:46 PM
You were basing your claims off of your teams great performance and the Texans lousy performance in the last two preseascon games. even if you look at the crap stats we put up, Buffalo isn't in any better shape Considering your number 1 this, and number 2 that and top rated...

you can rate Buffalo whatever you want before the game happens. I'm just saying to be the steam roller of a team you claim them to be, they haven't shown it yet. But you know everything about our team from the preseason right.
We won seven of our last nine games. That is good enough for me.

Bubbajwp
09-02-2005, 01:46 PM
WHATCHA GONNA DO, BROTHER, WHEN TKO, NATENATE, AND THE LAWYER RUN WILD ON YOU!!!!!!!!! Thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard. How long did it take you to think of that.

WillisXPress
09-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Dare taken..

So Davis ran for 60 more yards and the same amount of TD's in more carries.

You're acting like Willis was 100% last year, or that he started more than 11 games.

Its gonna be a whole new, willis... bigger, faster, stronger.

Guess Whos Back ?

gr8slayer
09-02-2005, 01:48 PM
Actually Davis is a far better back than McGayhee
Yards from scrimmage: Davis-1776(5th in the league) McGayhee-1297(24th)
Just rushing yards: Davis-1188(11th) McGayhee-1128(14th)

From what I am reading we have a closer "top 5" back than you.
Unless you are using preseason stats then your third best TO ratio is wrong. Yours was 6th last season and ours was 9th. Hardly enough for bragging rights. You really should get the stats right before you post them.
Willis didnt even start till week five and missed a week after that.

William.carter
Thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard. How long did it take you to think of that.

Not creative enough to think it up. he stole the line and replace words. kindof like the facts/opinions about the up coming game.

gr8slayer
Oh well, im out of here, need to go to work. You girls have fun and Ill be back after the destruction.

Fldvldog
09-02-2005, 01:49 PM

Unless you are using preseason stats then your third best TO ratio is wrong. Yours was 6th last season and ours was 9th. Hardly enough for bragging rights. You really should get the stats right before you post them.

I gotta' admit...

There is no way that DD is a better back than McGahee...

Consider McGahee only started 11 games last season and had over 1100 yards rushing...

texasguy346
09-02-2005, 01:49 PM
You and I both know that teams can go from being mediocre one year to being in the playoffs (Chargers/Steelers/etc.), and I'm more than happy to let the Bills homers spout off about how they're the best defense since the 85 Bears and all that nonsense. We thought the same on our opener against the Chargers. They got the best of us.

I've never seen the obsession with smack talk. While there are a few Bills fans who've been posting here for awhile that actually converse about the game there seem to be a great deal more that aim to fill up our board with junk. As for my arguments you can find them in the thread created for the Season Opener (here (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=10102)) . We've been over this several times and I'm not going to get in a circular argument all over again. The point being that all the smack talk and opinions mean nothing until the two teams actually play the game out on the field.

Bubbajwp
09-02-2005, 01:50 PM
What makes you think that your division is better than ours.

William.carter
09-02-2005, 01:51 PM
So Davis ran for 60 more yards and the same amount of TD's in more carries.

You're acting like Willis was 100% last year, or that he started more than 11 games.

Its gonna be a whole new, willis... bigger, faster, stronger.

Guess Whos Back ?

So stats don't mean anything to you... but your opinion is golden. I see... you've convinced me now... You were right all along.

BTW.... Davis wasn't 100% last season either. Maybe he just plays throught pain better than your precious Willis does.

WillisXPress
09-02-2005, 01:52 PM
What makes you think that your division is better than ours.

The Superbowl champs, two playoff teams, and a very tough Dolphins team.

texasguy346
09-02-2005, 01:53 PM
Watch the language guys. I'm not sure how things are done at the Bills MB, but here we don't allow that sort of thing.

WillisXPress
09-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Dominick Davis is a very good running back.... while Willis will be top 5 this year, DD could also be...

davis is more of a recieving threat than Willis at this point./

But the show Mcgahee put on last year in only 11 games, not at 100% leads me to believe that he could lead the league in rushing this year... especially with a raw QB like Losman.

WillisXPress
09-02-2005, 01:55 PM
So stats don't mean anything to you... but your opinion is golden. I see... you've convinced me now... You were right all along.

BTW.... Davis wasn't 100% last season either. Maybe he just plays throught pain better than your precious Willis does.

Stats mean plenty... So Davis played more than Willis and had more yards. makes sense.

b-lo55
09-02-2005, 01:58 PM
ralph-

you can't come to bush's adopted home state and expect people to spell.

my prediction is bills 24-5.

LAMO now thats funny

disaacks3
09-02-2005, 02:00 PM
I gotta' admit...

There is no way that DD is a better back than McGahee...

Consider McGahee only started 11 games last season and had over 1100 yards rushing...DD started 10 games in 2003 and had 1031 yds., what's your point?

Youngstown Colt
09-02-2005, 02:09 PM
The Superbowl champs, two playoff teams, and a very tough Dolphins team.Wow, the Dophins are tough?

bye bye crdibility

Blake
09-02-2005, 02:16 PM
The Superbowl champs, two playoff teams, and a very tough Dolphins team.

Haha! A very tough Dolphins team. Wow. You are possibly the most delusional bills fan yet. And I didnt think that was possible. So why dont you go back to the bills board with your fellow bill fan crack heads.

BigBull17
09-02-2005, 02:26 PM
Hey good job beating the Pats the past two? three? years.

U dont have a great record vs. the Pats either...

The Preacher
09-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Goodness, is all of Houston a bunch of panty waists?

Definition of a panty waist-one who goes to another team's MB to insult their fans and city so he can somehow feel better about himself. :crazy:

I'll be praying for you brother.

Double Barrel
09-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Man, I've been to the city of Buffalo. You're smack talk is worse than your town, which is the place America would get an enema when it's constipated.

People leave Buffalo to get real jobs in Houston. My in-laws are from Buffalo, and they've never looked back. I've never heard anyone talk trash about their hometown more than people from Buffalo.

Regardless of who wins this football game, you people are still stuck in Buffalo. Good luck with all that. :heh:

WillisXPress
09-02-2005, 02:43 PM
Wow... You guys really loe Dominick davis.... but what holes is he gonna run through....

Davis will have under 100 yards against the Bills.... and a fumble.

Do you guys honestly feel this is a good matchup for you?

Texas_Heat
09-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Texans 27-3 :yahoo: :texflag:

WillisXPress
09-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Texans 27-3 :yahoo: :texflag:

That texas heat must be getting to you.

david Carr will be sacked 5 times.... and fumble......for a TD.

ATX
09-02-2005, 02:54 PM
McGahee had 8 in the box all year last season.....

Losman hasn't thrown an INT the whole preseason thus far.

JP is carefull

David is careless.

Besides, think about this rationally:

QB: Texans (b/c of experiance only, Carr is a hack)
RB: Bills
FB: Bills
OL: Bills
WR: Bills (Andre is the best, our unit is better than yours)
TE: wash

DL: Bills
LB: Bills
DB: Bills
ST: Bills

refute any of that. I dare you

Talk about a troll Homer, man are you really that bored?

Diehardtexan
09-02-2005, 02:55 PM
Texans 37 Billosers 10

Loserman get sacked 7 times

Keith Campbell
09-02-2005, 02:57 PM
Dare taken..

DB: Texans - fairly close, but our D-Rob is toe-to-toe with Nate Clements, P-Buc has speed edge over McGee (and is a step 1/2 faster than Glenn was)
wait, Davis is better than McGahee? ok that's not true.

P-Buc - might be better at this level, but McGee is better on SPT.

Keith Campbell
09-02-2005, 02:59 PM
Texans 37 Billosers 10

Loserman get sacked 7 times
ok, you need to explain how 37 points will be put up on the bills.

disaacks3
09-02-2005, 03:02 PM
wait, Davis is better than McGahee? ok that's not true.

P-Buc - might be better at this level, but McGee is better on SPT. Yep, Davis IS better; please read a stat sheet and total yds. from scrimmage and explain to me how McGahee is better.

I didn't say the Bills ST wasn't better, i refuted the claim for CB ratings...it still stands.

Keith Campbell
09-02-2005, 03:05 PM
ok to be fair bills fans are going on one year with Willis, but he's going to be better this year, than Davis (davis is a close second in my book to Willis)

Texas_Heat
09-02-2005, 03:20 PM
That texas heat must be getting to you.

david Carr will be sacked 5 times.... and fumble......for a TD.

Buffalo will soon be feeling the heat. :fans:

rmartin65
09-02-2005, 03:22 PM
texans win, no doubt. better qb, better hb, better recievers...
and an improved d.

BigBull17
09-02-2005, 03:24 PM
As a person I think Carr has been a good sport about his situation in Houston much like Bledsoe was with us for the last four years. But being a good sport (unlike Eli) doesnt matter if you arent producing on the field. Now I agree that it might not be all his fault. The OL is simply pathetic. But what has the front office done to help him out? They draft Travis Johnson instead of drafting an OL. Makes no sense to me.

The OL in this draft were not that great. Next year is the year of the line, why get one your unsure of and develop him when the ones next year are better? All the FA OL were overpriced and to old. And I think TJ was a very logical pick. By next year it paves the way for G Walker to find the door and then we free up money to get that one peice we are missing.
:texflag:

Evans Fan
09-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Man, I've been to the city of Buffalo. You're smack talk is worse than your town, which is the place America would get an enema when it's constipated.

People leave Buffalo to get real jobs in Houston. My in-laws are from Buffalo, and they've never looked back. I've never heard anyone talk trash about their hometown more than people from Buffalo.

Regardless of who wins this football game, you people are still stuck in Buffalo. Good luck with all that. :heh:

man i don't kno what crack those people were on but k=lots of people love buffalo and want to move her from houston a friend of my dad's lives their and her regrets leaving buffaLO to move to houston cuz it sucks weather wise and people their suck too in his opinion

Evans Fan
09-02-2005, 03:33 PM
texans win, no doubt. better qb, better hb, better recievers...
and an improved d.

BETTER RB AND RECIEVERS? WHO? Aj is only one reciever and McGahee is better than Davis plus our defense is way betteer than yours even if improved man get realistic better reciever one reciever doesn't = better Recievers

disaacks3
09-02-2005, 03:39 PM
man i don't kno what crack those people were on but k=lots of people love buffalo and want to move her from houston a friend of my dad's lives their and her regrets leaving buffaLO to move to houston cuz it sucks weather wise and people their suck too in his opinion English, please! Punctuation would be appreciated as well. :rolleyes:

Evans Fan
09-02-2005, 03:41 PM
English, please! Punctuation would be appreciated as well. :rolleyes:

i'm in high school. I can make mistakes :rolleyes:

John from Hemet
09-02-2005, 03:48 PM
I have a ton of respect for the texans.....I have always thought that both Carr and Davis dont their their due.....

Look forward to a dogfight game with the bills and texans...

How I see it.....

QB - at this point it is Carr....Losman hasn't shown enough yet...but I WILL say that the QB position has changed...a lot....Losman isn't going to be around to get sacked because he can scoot.....but he is basically a rookie so he runs TOO much....our backup is also pretty good in Kelly Holcomb

RB - I see this positon as a tie....Davis is a very good back but Willis has also done quite well gaining over a 1000 yards last season and didn't even start the first qtr of the year.....they both pass protect and catch passes well

WR - you guys have better recievers UNLESS Rosco Parrish makes it back for the game....in this case overall we are better....Parrish is fun to watch....Eric has been a top reciever for a while and Evans has a strong season last year.......

TE.....you...our TE's are average

O Line.....your O Line is better....but ours isn't too shabby

Defense...guys...we win this. You may have improved but were top 3 in the league last year and this year we have a chance to be number 1

Special Teams....we win this as well.....our special teams both covers well and scores touchdowns.........

Not to sound too homerish but I think we do win this game....but I am not predicting any rediculous 3 score desparity outcomes....this is settled by a field goal.

Evans Fan
09-02-2005, 04:08 PM
how do their recievers beat ours? they only have AJ? and their tight ends are avreage to cuz miller is gone so i don't see that.

Bubbajwp
09-02-2005, 05:30 PM
Didnt the bills loose Pat williams and Izel Reese.

HJam72
09-02-2005, 05:36 PM
I doubt either team is going to do much with tight-ends except block.

rmartin65
09-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Our recievers are better because id take AJ over moulds, evans beats bradford or gaffney at number 2 but our slot guy beats yours.

RalphJr
09-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Well, was a decent convo for a while. Oh well, lol.

TEXANS84
09-03-2005, 01:00 AM
Losman had two picks this evening.

texan279
09-03-2005, 01:11 AM

I saw that too...maybe on opening weekend he and Carr can have a contest to see who can throw the most INT's the fastest...

Texan Gal 312
09-03-2005, 10:12 AM
I would imagine Buffalo is counting on an opening day win just like we did last year. I much prefer the Texans in the underdog roll. I am thinking we have them right where we want them ... a game their fans and the team itself is looking at as a "we should win this game"... the kiss of death, especially early in the NFL season... so

Texans 20 Bills 17

rmartin65
09-03-2005, 11:38 AM
I would imagine Buffalo is counting on an opening day win just like we did last year. I much prefer the Texans in the underdog roll. I am thinking we have them right where we want them ... a game their fans and the team itself is looking at as a "we should win this game"... the kiss of death, especially early in the NFL season... so

Texans 20 Bills 17
And add in that the Texans just had two horrible games.

b-lo55
09-03-2005, 12:26 PM

It was his first 2 picks of the preseason, I was at the game one ball was a poor throw in which he missed jugded the wind as he was throwing into it. The 2nd pick hit a Buffalo reciever (who will most likely not make the team) in the hands and was picked off. One thing J.P must do is look off his primary reciever better. Either way opening day will be good and the drinks will be flowing

b-lo55
09-03-2005, 12:46 PM

Wow.......there are so many shots I can take at this i dont even know where too start. We are actually fine here in Buffalo and if you actually stayed here more then a wk. you would notice that. We are on Lake Erie and in the summer time there are over 7 beaches 20 minutes away not too bad at all. This along with the bars staying open untill 4 am makes it ok.The only time Buffalo is bad is the months of Dec. to March. But from what i've heard the discomfort we have w the snow and cold in these months is very comparable to the discomfort you "Texans" face in the heat during June to september. Thats pretty low to talk trash about someones city on a football message board, but i know one thing i would rather be "stuck" here in Buffalo then in the land of George Bush and immigrant plagued Texas

ATX
09-03-2005, 01:17 PM
Wow.......there are so many shots I can take at this i dont even know where too start. We are actually fine here in Buffalo and if you actually stayed here more then a wk. you would notice that. We are on Lake Erie and in the summer time there are over 7 beaches 20 minutes away not too bad at all. This along with the bars staying open untill 4 am makes it ok.The only time Buffalo is bad is the months of Dec. to March. But from what i've heard the discomfort we have w the snow and cold in these months is very comparable to the discomfort you "Texans" face in the heat during June to september. Thats pretty low to talk trash about someones city on a football message board, but i know one thing i would rather be "stuck" here in Buffalo then in the land of George Bush and immigrant plagued Texas

This thread is known for cheap shots and severe homerisms, so any good natured football fans, please excuse both sides, i think we're both just craving football. As for Buffalo, My family comes from buffalo, i've been to buffalo on numerous occasions and it has its ups and downs like every other city.

jtijerina32
09-03-2005, 01:31 PM
I saw that too...maybe on opening weekend he and Carr can have a contest to see who can throw the most INT's the fastest...

why would you do that? Everyone needs to give carr some slack even though he hasnt been at his best the last couple of games doesnt mean he wont handle his buisness in the 1st game of the year, yeah i say he has a good game and the whole team will have some nerves but nothing we cant get over texans win 21 - 17 :texans:

Fldvldog
09-04-2005, 04:50 PM

lol:

:taz: <--------Not sure why I posted Taz, but it was too good to pass up.

gotexans89869
09-04-2005, 04:59 PM
I was a Bills fan but nomore... Jp Losman will be a bust....It is written all over it And Tom Donahoe is gonna get fired at Bills Gm... Look what Tom Donahoe did to this team.. Sure he did good on D but that D person left to the Steelers now Jerry Grey is D cordnatior.. Players are slowley leaving this team. Tom Donahoe could of got Pat Williams back but he wouldent get his fat butt out of his chair and SIGNED HIM! THEY kept JOSH REED over Drew Hadded AND HE HAD A PROMISING PRESEASON. Josh Reed cannot catch squat id call him butter fingers because he SUCKS THAT much!

I think the Texans are gonna have a good Season!

9-7 GO TEXANS

TEXANS84
09-04-2005, 07:34 PM
poor throw in which he missed jugded the wind

I have never heard of an interception being blamed on the wind.

Evans Fan
09-04-2005, 09:41 PM
I have never heard of an interception being blamed on the wind.

when u are in buffalo the wind plays a big part in passing escacially in december. We have strong winds in buffalo in winter and fall actually.

HJam72
09-04-2005, 09:51 PM
That's OK. We never pass. :yahoo:

Bubbajwp
09-04-2005, 11:22 PM
when u are in buffalo the wind plays a big part in passing escacially in december. We have strong winds in buffalo in winter and fall actually. So its not jp losmans fault that he threw those interceptions. :ok:

joros
09-05-2005, 11:22 AM
That's OK. We never pass. :yahoo:

That
s alright because we can stop the run :yahoo:

Evans Fan
09-05-2005, 12:20 PM
So its not jp losmans fault that he threw those interceptions. :ok:

yeah they weren't fisrt one was the wind and the second one hit one of his recievers and it bounced up so thats not his fault if he hit's the reciever and the pass isn't caught but i will say this the team who wins the battle in the trenches will win this game

Blanketass
09-05-2005, 07:08 PM
10-7 Texans D will make the stop they need to make against lossman, good qb, but needs playing time before he can led that team to a win :texans:

blockhead83
09-05-2005, 10:47 PM
QB - Texans (Carr has the advantage of experience, and this is Losman's first real test)
RB - Bills (DD is solid, no doubt, but McGahee has elite back written all over him)
WR - Bills (AJ makes a strong case for the Texans, but the combo of Evans and Moulds trumps us since we don't have a great #2)
TE - Wash
OLine - Wash (We both have suspect o-lines, looking forward to seeing the yellow hankerchiefs get thrown every play for holding)

DLine - Wash (The Bills have a very good DLine, but we have Walker, Smith, and a healthy Payne as well as TJ coming off the bench. We're both fielding very good players here)
LB - Bills (Takeo Spikes anyone? The Bills LB's have more experience as starters and are more proven playmakers than any of our guys)
CB - Slight advantage Bills (Dunta is gonna be a great one, but PBuch brings us down a little here. Nate Clements and McGee are the better duo at this point)
Safety - Bills (No doubt here. Coleman is a good player for us, but we're starting a rookie 6th rounder at SS. We've already seen he hasn't learned to stay in position at times, making him a suspect safety valve)

Verdict? The last time I predicted an opposing team to beat us is when we played Oakland last season. We came out and wrecked shop that game, which basically shows that my prediction's worth squat, but anyways, here goes. The Bills may have a better overall team, but they have an inexperienced player at the most crucial position, QB. I think it's going to come down to which QB plays the most mistake free football, and which defense can contain the run the best. Our defense hasn't gelled sufficiently yet to shut down McGahee, so unless Losman really screws up and/or Carr turns around with a great performance, I think the Bills take this one: 24-13, Bills. :crying:

bosshogg
09-06-2005, 07:15 AM
you guys are in for real treat come sunday. willis mcgahee is gonna dunk all over your pathetic excuse of an expansion team. good luck moving the ball the best d in all of football. texans = :goodnight

NormRebs
09-06-2005, 08:59 AM

McGahee, only played 11 games and Davis played all 16 games. You do the math.

texan279
09-06-2005, 09:34 AM
McGahee, only played 11 games and Davis played all 16 games. You do the math.

Actually, McGahee started 11 games but played in all 16, Davis started 15 and played in 15, you do the math...

jbinbny
09-06-2005, 09:51 AM
QB - Texans (Carr has the advantage of experience, and this is Losman's first real test)
RB - Bills (DD is solid, no doubt, but McGahee has elite back written all over him)
WR - Bills (AJ makes a strong case for the Texans, but the combo of Evans and Moulds trumps us since we don't have a great #2)
TE - Wash
OLine - Wash (We both have suspect o-lines, looking forward to seeing the yellow hankerchiefs get thrown every play for holding)

DLine - Wash (The Bills have a very good DLine, but we have Walker, Smith, and a healthy Payne as well as TJ coming off the bench. We're both fielding very good players here)
LB - Bills (Takeo Spikes anyone? The Bills LB's have more experience as starters and are more proven playmakers than any of our guys)
CB - Slight advantage Bills (Dunta is gonna be a great one, but PBuch brings us down a little here. Nate Clements and McGee are the better duo at this point)
Safety - Bills (No doubt here. Coleman is a good player for us, but we're starting a rookie 6th rounder at SS. We've already seen he hasn't learned to stay in position at times, making him a suspect safety valve)

Verdict? The last time I predicted an opposing team to beat us is when we played Oakland last season. We came out and wrecked shop that game, which basically shows that my prediction's worth squat, but anyways, here goes. The Bills may have a better overall team, but they have an inexperienced player at the most crucial position, QB. I think it's going to come down to which QB plays the most mistake free football, and which defense can contain the run the best. Our defense hasn't gelled sufficiently yet to shut down McGahee, so unless Losman really screws up and/or Carr turns around with a great performance, I think the Bills take this one: 24-13, Bills. :crying:

Solid analysis of this game. Good post!

texan0305
09-06-2005, 11:38 AM
Oh man the madness that is a msg board, ok i'm going to chime in on my response, first my prediction, Texans 27- Bills- 23, Ok so all you bills fans that have no life and sit around on opposing teams msg boards are thinking another homer, well ok i'm a homer thats fine, but theres a method to my madness, first take into account regardless of the team or situation, we went into ralph wilson stadium and beat u guys with our back up quarterback a couple of years ago, regardless that the teams are different that place is one of the hardest places to play, and we proved that we could go there and win, after last years tabocle that was our first game against san diego, the texans need to realize the importance of the first game, by no means is it a break or die game, but if the texans want any legitimate shot at a play off run they need to answer the questions that have been asked so readily in the offseason, so before u bills fans come on here and start to butcher me, heres the last point i want to make, the bills have an outstanding defense one of the best in the league, the texans offense is mediocre, the bills offense is still a question mark (and u can tell me how good jp is but i'm not buying it, u guys have mcgahee and a couple of solid receivers in moulds and evans), and the texans defense is sub-par at best, so it's going to go down to a kicking game and field position, capers is nutourious at winning big road games this is a carbon copy of a game in which capers will have his team prepared and ready to not just play, but win........

sincerely

Easy E- The Texan

Evans Fan
09-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Okay here goes my my view
Qb-0 Carr ( For now he's better)
Rb- Mcgahee ( He beats Davis cuz He is a force up and coming while Davis will remain steady but willis numbers are going to skyrocket)

Wr- Bill ( Aj is great but no good number 2 so the bills have two legit wideouts plus Big fast strong reserves in Reed Aiken, WilsoN, and "Fast Freddie" Smith)

TE- Wash ( tatally well unless our 300 pound tight end might do some damage)

K- U guys Lindell is useless

Def- us

NoBullTexan
09-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Heres how I hope it goes in a cliffhanger:

Texans - 24

Bills - 21

Whoever finds a way to run the ball the best will have the advantage, because neither teams passing attack is quite up to snuff. We find just enough of a passing game to get a TD out of it while Buff settles for the FG.

jbinbny
09-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Houston gets beat. Buffalo by 8 pts.

ATX
09-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Rb- Mcgahee ( He beats Davis cuz He is a force up and coming while Davis will remain steady but willis numbers are going to skyrocket)

Wr- Bill ( Aj is great but no good number 2 so the bills have two legit wideouts plus Big fast strong reserves in Reed Aiken, WilsoN, and "Fast Freddie" Smith)

So you know the future man? Mcgahee's numbers will skyrocket while davis's remain the same. Give me your crystal ball please, i have some things i could do with it. DD has been consistent and has improved every year, while Mcgahee has had one good season. He may be better in the future, who knows, but until then Davis has a notch on him. As far as the WRs, what good are your WRs if your QB isn't going to throw to them like Bledsoe did. stats from last year mean nothing. New QB, i guarantee your WR stats will go down from last year, atleast Bledsoe had experience and could throw the ball. From what i've heard from you, Mcgahee will run most of the time, so your receivers will not make a difference.

LBC_Justin
09-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Okay here goes my my view
Qb-0 Carr ( For now he's better)

TE- Wash ( tatally well unless our 300 pound tight end might do some damage)

K- U guys Lindell is useless

Def- us
Actually we have a #2 reciever on our team that caught more balls last season than the Bills #2.............his name is Domanick Davis....68 catches last year.

jbinbny
09-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Sure i'm a Bill's fan, but i'm not trolling. I think Houston is a team getting better each year. And Capers is doing well getting these guys to believe in themselves, as evidenced by Texan upsets they pulled off last year.

But, and you knew this was coming..

The Bills have a tremendous defense and arguably the league's best Special Teams unit. (minus Rian Lindell).

While Buffalo will have a rookie QB starting (and that is a big advantage for Houston), Buffalo will also have Willis Mcgahee picking up where he left off last year. Both Moulds and Evans are home run threats every time they get the ball and Buffalo's TE's are actually part of the Buffalo offense (unlike Houston). Look for the TE down the field, especially when Houston is in a cover two defense.

David Carr will have his hands full on sunday against a very solid Bills front 7. If davis cannot run the ball for Houston, the game is over. Carr will get beat up if he cant sell the play action.

Andre Johnson is a fine WR but Buffalo's secondary is fast and experienced. Not much they haven't seen so this could be a problem for the Texans.

Of course there are turnovers which Buffalo excells at. Houston turns the ball over more than twice in this game and they really havent much hope.

But,

Buffalo has to be wary themselves. Houston will be blitzing the kid from several different schemes on the defense and if Losman puts up a couple of gifts via the air, this could be disaster for Buffalo.

Personally, I dont think that much seperates these two teams. Both are young and up and coming. But the Bills gave away the opener last yr to Jax and that was the difference between Buffalo making the playoffs and sitting at home.

The place is sold out, like all games here, and the crowd will be pumped as usual.

It will be tough for Houston, but if they can manage to steal this one on the road in such a tough place as Buffalo, that could go a long way in building their confidence.

That's about it. I like the Bills 24-16 with a touchdown in the fourth quarter sealing a Bills victory!

Good luck to the Texans this season, just not this week!

TEXANS84
09-06-2005, 03:59 PM

Who, who, and who?

ATX
09-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Andre Johnson is a fine WR but Buffalo's secondary is fast and experienced. Not much they haven't seen so this could be a problem for the Texans.

http://people.freenet.de/cheimt04/drebuftd.gif

So I guess they've seen this one too. Looks like Vincent and Malloy getting burned right there. Look its also London Fletcher missing the tackle too.

jbinbny
09-06-2005, 04:12 PM
I said he was a fine receiver. So he caught a td pass against us.

Great!

ATX
09-06-2005, 04:14 PM
I said he was a fine receiver. So he caught a td pass against us.

Great!

You also said "Buffalo's secondary is fast and experienced. Not much they haven't seen so this could be a problem for the Texans."

jbinbny
09-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Yes I did say that and it's very true. But this is the NFL! Teams will score on you no matter how good you are.

Are you a soccer fan or something wierd like that??

I'm telling you something that you should already know! :confused:

texan0305
09-06-2005, 04:48 PM
on a side note, i am a soccer fan, usa 2 mexico 0 ! the highlight of my weekend....

Blake
09-06-2005, 04:51 PM
The Bill's D is going to break Carr's leg just like they did to Garcia last week !

Classless.

Exascor
09-06-2005, 05:04 PM
^^^^Buffalo turd alert!^^^^

Fldvldog
09-06-2005, 06:06 PM
The Bill's D is going to break Carr's leg just like they did to Garcia last week !

Okay, that is definately CLASSLESS...

rmartin65
09-06-2005, 06:29 PM
you dont just ask for someone to get injured.

jbinbny
09-06-2005, 06:50 PM
on a side note, i am a soccer fan, usa 2 mexico 0 ! the highlight of my weekend....

Figures!

Raj
09-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Hey Texans fans. Just stopping by to say hello and for some fun exchange of opinions. Nice site.

Well, thank God the season is close to underway. I do think this will be a good game. I have a lot of respect for DD and AJ. And I think Carr is going to have a breakout season. Houston is actually one of my sleepers to sneak into the playoffs in the AFC.

But I think the opener goes to Buffalo. It is no secret that the Bills are bitter about losing to Jacksonville last season, in week one, on the last play of the game. A game where they physically dominated the Jaguars.
And my prediction is that this will be a close game....say 13-6 going into the final quarter. But unlike last seasons opener, Buffalo will remain aggressive and finish strong by the score of 24-6.

But I welcome all of your predictions, as well as opinions.

GL Sunday,

Raj

ATX
09-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Welcome to the board. Good to talk some football as well, we're dieing here for football to begin. Should be a good game. Of course i'm predicting a Texans win here, I always do. I say 16-10 Texans

jd4me925
09-07-2005, 01:48 PM
ok, how's everyone today, well i may seem like a huge homer for already considering the texan's week 1 game a loss. But thus far what i've seen in preseason the bills will have the edge.

Let's start off with the Bills weakest point. The o.l Our offensive line has been suspect for many season's now. But at the end of last year it started to come together but with the relase (sp?) of Jonas Jenning's i think the Bill's lost something at LT... ALthough in preseason i've seen the bear's cast off mike gandy step it up and ill be honest he hasn't looked to bad... Another postion that was changed this year is LG Lawrence Smith is replaced by Bennie Anderson who in my opinion play's better then Lawrence but has a lot more penalty's.

RB willis mcgahee is a stud running back and he will continue to be for a long time to come... You guy's will soon see why he is soo hyped with his ability to do something out of nothing...

QB J.p. losman might be a second year man w. 5 passes in the nfl but as long as he can improve from the #24th quarterback in the NFL the bills have upgraded at that position...

Defense. #2 in the league for 2 years in a row. i bealive they had but don't quote me 33 turnover's lst year from a horrible 18 before. Nate clement's will be able to handle johnson after all he is a probowler and he alway's seems to come up with big plays at the right time... Lawyer Milloy, London Fletcher, Spikes aka TKO Nate Clements Sam Adams Troy Vincent.. all pro bowl players... And they will dominate this game

Special teams... last year bobby april made our special team #1 in the league. With Mcgee running the ball back (he had 4 run back's for TD's last year) the game could virtually be blown open by him. Also field postion.. it's a lot easier fighting a "downhill" battle when it comes to field postion and the bills can get it making it easier for our O to score..

Kicking game is suspecct and if this game is decided by a field goal... well we loose ... lol idc if it's at the 20 or 50 we loose ...

overall i predict a 24-10 game sorry if im such a homer i thought i'd just let you kno :yahoo:

jd4me925
09-07-2005, 01:54 PM
what are your opinion's on the game

Vinny
09-07-2005, 01:56 PM
There are 611 posts in this thread...

TEXANS84
09-07-2005, 02:04 PM
There are 611 posts in this thread...

I think that will be topped next week with the Steelers fan invasion.

Errant Hothy
09-07-2005, 02:10 PM
I think that will be topped next week with the Steelers fan invasion.

Then that'll be topped by Hou v Jax. The ONLY down side to the regular season, although troll baiting can be fun.

rmartin65
09-07-2005, 02:30 PM
this threads been going on for a while noe.

Exascor
09-07-2005, 03:14 PM
The Patriots fans take the top prize for Smack-Talking Trolls. When they invaded it was sick. Guess they have a lot of experience with Yankees fans.

Billsman
09-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Whats up Texans fans! Just a shout out to a good gome this sunday that's injury free.

Bills 27
Texans 3

Bubbajwp
09-07-2005, 07:57 PM
I dont see your point
Johnson- 1142yds 6TD's
Gaffney- 632yds 2TD's
Bradford- 399yds 3TD's
Domanick Davis 588yds 1TD's

Moulds- 1043yds 5 TD's
Evans- 843yds 9TD's
Reed- 153yds 0TD's
McGahee- 169yds 0 TD's :texflag: :texflag:

WillisXPress
09-08-2005, 11:00 AM
I can feel it, tonights game, a little teaser... then Sunday at 1 THE MAIN COURSE !!!!!

Orchard Park, NY.... Ralph Wilson Stadium....10's of Thousands of the most rabid fans jacked up, bitter over last seasons final game dissapointment.... excitement over the possiblities that a new QB and Rb who is finally 100%...

And lets not forget the D, they'll make sure you don't forget them.... at around 5 O'Clock you'll know what I mean....

You all may be optimistic, have high hopes, you obviously want them to win....but you can't possibly be confident. On the road, team with a chip on thier shoulder, and one of the meanest most talented D's around.... if I'm a Texan..or a Texan fan, i'm shakin' in my cowboy boots.

You can save your "we beat you at home a couple years ago" that was a different team, a much weaker D.

You can save your " The dolphins were saying the same thing, and look what happened" The dolphins have nothing on us, and they have zero home field advantage... they can't even sell out playoff games...or even sell out thier opener this year.....

Its gonna be ugly for you, put your money on the Bills.

Philisophical Troll
09-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Greetings all eager Texans Homers. A philisophical troll has decided to stop by and enlighten you all with his infinite football wisdom, as well as do some friendly trolling. I'm a regular on buffalobills.com, hated by some, embraced by others. I'm a bills AND cowboys troll, so no doubt I had to drop in sooner or later. So lets get down to business....

First of all I'm disappointed that there havent been more texans trolls showing up with delusions of grandeur on BB.com. But a philisophical troll senses something....he senses an overwhelming collective fear....a fear that the keg and takeo are going to decimate your pourous offensive line and frustrate your offensive gameplan. There is no need to fear the inevitable, buffalo's defense is poised to administer a worse thrashing than the cowboys gave you a few weeks ago in preseason.

Honestly I see the Texans being in the mix for a wildcard, and if the overrated colts weren't in the AFC South, you would have a great chance at a division title. But sadly this weekend you drew the Bills to open the season. The only chance I see the texans having is if you jump on buffalo early and force losman into big time turnovers. Duanta Robinson is going to be a star, and I like Peek and Babin's potential. But these greenhorns pale in comparison to the likes of TKO, fletcher, big play nate and the keg. These beasts are on a whole other level and Jerry Grays complex defense will leave Carr and dominick davis dumbfounded all afternoon.

In the end Bills win handily 31-10.....Bills defense could possibly score more than both offenses combined. Good luck you and I hope you escape injury free because it could get ugly. If any of you homers would like to challenge my expertise feel free to do so on here or BB.com. :homer:

P. T. :fishing: :cool:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050827/capt.cxb10608270236.bills_bears_cxb106.jpg

Philisophical Troll
09-08-2005, 12:02 PM
I can feel it, tonights game, a little teaser... then Sunday at 1 THE MAIN COURSE !!!!!

Orchard Park, NY.... Ralph Wilson Stadium....10's of Thousands of the most rabid fans jacked up, bitter over last seasons final game dissapointment.... excitement over the possiblities that a new QB and Rb who is finally 100%...

And lets not forget the D, they'll make sure you don't forget them.... at around 5 O'Clock you'll know what I mean....

You all may be optimistic, have high hopes, you obviously want them to win....but you can't possibly be confident. On the road, team with a chip on thier shoulder, and one of the meanest most talented D's around.... if I'm a Texan..or a Texan fan, i'm shakin' in my cowboy boots.

You can save your "we beat you at home a couple years ago" that was a different team, a much weaker D.

You can save your " The dolphins were saying the same thing, and look what happened" The dolphins have nothing on us, and they have zero home field advantage... they can't even sell out playoff games...or even sell out thier opener this year.....

Its gonna be ugly for you, put your money on the Bills.

I agree, David Carr won't be able to shake the bust label after Buffalos defense has their way with him on sunday. Hopefully the Bills run up the scoreboard and this game is over by halftime. I wouldn't mind seeing the back ups get some work. :cool:

bills_phan
09-08-2005, 04:28 PM
I agree, David Carr won't be able to shake the bust label after Buffalos defense has their way with him on sunday. Hopefully the Bills run up the scoreboard and this game is over by halftime. I wouldn't mind seeing the back ups get some work. :cool:
Maybe you should troll the San Diego boards this week, Cowboys fan.

Get that Buffalo out of your avatar while you're at it!

WillisXPress
09-08-2005, 04:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

100%

texasguy346
09-08-2005, 04:40 PM
Some on ESPN picked the Chiefs to go to the Super Bowl last year too...

Exascor
09-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Can't wait until next week when the trolls crawl under the Tampa Bay bridge.

b-lo55
09-08-2005, 07:01 PM
:piano: Maybe you should troll the San Diego boards this week, Cowboys fan.

Marcus
09-08-2005, 08:18 PM
I usually don't participate in these prediction threads because too many people complain that I need to get a 'homer' shot.

But, in almost all the other threads, I'm accused of being a homer. Go figure. idonno:

Bills 31
Texans 0

Crank_It_Up
09-08-2005, 11:04 PM
the only way we could beat buffalo is to convince them they are in the superbowl

Bills_R_Us
09-09-2005, 12:24 PM
I think this sunday will be a great game.

Both teams have shaky QB's especially the bills right now and the Davis and McGahee will be the determining factor in this one I believe. I gotta say I like McGahee's chances this sunday.. but who knows what could happen. Andre Johnson is gonna be a threat no doubt.. I hope clements will be ready.
What's your opinions..... is your Oline gonna be up to the task?
The Bills Oline looks kinda shaky right now... so it should be a good decent game.

Prediction: Bills 16
Texans 10

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

Bills_R_Us
09-09-2005, 12:32 PM
the only way we could beat buffalo is to convince them they are in the superbowl

No that only works with NFC teams lol

bills_phan
09-09-2005, 01:18 PM
See, you've got to actually GET to a Superbowl once or twice before talking **** like that!

Bills_R_Us
09-09-2005, 02:22 PM
That's ok.... Houston is still lickin their wounds when they were beating the bills in the playoffs until the greatest comeback. Frank Reich's ******* lol

ledzeppelin229
09-09-2005, 02:28 PM
That's ok.... Houston is still lickin their wounds when they were beating the bills in the playoffs until the greatest comeback. Frank Reich's *****es lol

What team are you talking about?? :confused:

We really need some sort of "Trailer smiley" when we're referring to Bud's team.

Exascor
09-09-2005, 02:34 PM
That's ok.... Houston is still lickin their wounds when they were beating the bills in the playoffs until the greatest comeback. Frank Reich's ******* lolOh...you mean the game that nobody in Buffalo was able to see since they didn't sell out in time? Even though it hurt-I was able to watch it on TV. Too bad the Buffalo fans that didn't go to the game missed it huh?

BigBull17
09-09-2005, 02:36 PM
I dont care what you think, Buffalo will not put up 31 on us.
I say Buf 10 Hou 3

Kaiser Toro
09-09-2005, 02:43 PM
Looking into my crystal ball I see one Def TD by the Texans. Turnovers a plenty by Losman, good special teams by the Texans and a turnover less Texans Offense is sound recipe for a W.

We will stuff the run and blitz the QB all day. The only thing that I fear is Lee Evans.

jmerog
09-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Hello, I would just like to see your predictions for the season opener. Assuming we still have Henry and all the rosters are the same as they are right now.

27-10 Houston
Houston starts the game strong on defense but so does Buffalo, unraveling everything the texans try to do. Late in the second quarter, Chris Palmer tragically chokes on a chicken bone in the booth and has to be rushed to the hospital. Meanwhile, a half drunk monkey wearing a chilie stained tshirt wanderes up at just the right moment to lead the texans to a 21 point second half coup to win 27-10.

Chris was saved at the hospital but lost his job to the chimp. :yahoo:

Kaiser Toro
09-09-2005, 03:06 PM
27-10 Houston
Houston starts the game strong on defense but so does Buffalo, unraveling everything the texans try to do. Late in the second quarter, Chris Palmer tragically chokes on a chicken bone in the booth and has to be rushed to the hospital. Meanwhile, a half drunk monkey wearing a chilie stained tshirt wanderes up at just the right moment to lead the texans to a 21 point second half coup to win 27-10.

Chris was saved at the hospital but lost his job to the chimp. :yahoo:

I love the half drunk money scenario. Since there are number of petitions being tossed around on the board, where can I sign up for this one? :)

rmartin65
09-09-2005, 03:15 PM
if mathis plays, i see him returning a kick for a td. or a long way.

RalphJr
09-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Well fellas, leaving for the Buffalo now, could NOT be more excited for this game. Pretty good discussions so far, other than a few wackos...and a Bledsoe troll? Good luck and here is to an injury free great game!

Catch you on Monday no matter what.

Bills_R_Us
09-09-2005, 03:42 PM
The only thing that I fear is Lee Evans.

How can you be afraid of just Evans?.... McGahee and the Bills Defense are great.

if mathis plays, i see him returning a kick for a td. or a long way.

The bills had the best special teams last year.. the Bills could do that as well with McGee or Fast Freddie Smith

Philisophical Troll
09-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Maybe you should troll the San Diego boards this week, Cowboys fan.

Which one of my losers, i mean buddys from BB.com is this? Old School, JoeSchmoe or Badgervid? Get a clue you tool! :ok:

DFAN
09-09-2005, 06:46 PM
Won't have a chance to wish ya luck before Sunday so good luck on the season.

DFAN
09-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Why was my thread moved to a prediction thread. It had nothing to do with just one game. I meant good luck all season. Oh well. Good luck anyways.

Big B Texan Fan
09-09-2005, 07:44 PM
I go away for a few weeks and I find this thread still going. Man that's crazy.

Hey Bills fans, win or lose don't go away. It's kinda cool having another teams fan perspective. Especially don't go away if your team loses. Make sure you show up and give us our props. And don't worry, we'll do the same as I'm sure there are some of our guys over on your MB's.

Ithaca Bills Fan
09-09-2005, 07:49 PM
So you know the future man? Mcgahee's numbers will skyrocket while davis's remain the same. Give me your crystal ball please, i have some things i could do with it. DD has been consistent and has improved every year, while Mcgahee has had one good season. He may be better in the future, who knows, but until then Davis has a notch on him. As far as the WRs, what good are your WRs if your QB isn't going to throw to them like Bledsoe did. stats from last year mean nothing. New QB, i guarantee your WR stats will go down from last year, atleast Bledsoe had experience and could throw the ball. From what i've heard from you, Mcgahee will run most of the time, so your receivers will not make a difference.

Yes, McGahee has played one AMAZING season of NFL Football. He did so at, as people have said before me, at about 85%. This year he is back to 100% and primed to have an absolute breakout year. I don't see how you can possibly justify touting Domanick Davis as SO MUCH better than McGahee because he's been "consistent"...HE HAS ONLY PLAYED TWO YEARS, ONE MORE THAN WILLIS MCGAHEE. If you were able to see this objectively instead of being a "homer", you'd be able to see that Willis McGahee will be as good or better than Domanick Davis this year and for years to come. This is not meant to demean Davis in any way, you must understand that. The guy's a beast. But so is Willis.

(On that note, though, neither man measures up to Steven Jackson. Have you seen this kid up close? He's MASSIVE.)

Oh, by the way, somebody earlier had a .gif of Andre Johnson breaking about 94832 simultaneous tackles and incorrectly identified #23 as Troy Vincent. 2 years ago, it was Pierson Prioleau who wore that number for my Bills. If you think the same thing will happen this Sunday with Vincent out there, you are, unfortunately, mistaken- though as long as the Bills win, I'd love to see AJ have a big game, he's on a few of my FF teams. :yahoo:

gr8slayer
09-09-2005, 11:27 PM
24-10 Houston wins. Rookie QB against a faster texans defense and 2nd year for the Texans OL to be playing together will all add up to a Texans win.
Losman is not a rookie.

Buffalokizzle
09-10-2005, 02:07 PM
I think the Bills do have a better team then last year, but Losman will definately need to step up to the plate to even keep up with us. I say we win 20-7. The Bills defense plays good, but the Texans defense shuts down Losman. Our offense does decent, but our offensive line has little improvement from last year.

I believe the game will be a good one but the Bills have a lot to show the world that they held back in preseason. Losman saw improvement in his play every week of preseason and would of looked alot better stat wise but our recievers dropped about 30 balls this preseason :bomb: but I look to see Mularky improve that especially since our four recievers Josh Reed, George Wilson, Aiken, and Johnathon Smith are all fighting for a spot to stay on the team,so I look for them to try to step up their game because one of them will be let go once we get Parrish back. Our top two recievers are studs as we have moulds 88 catches last season with Drew "i cant throw anything on target" bledsoe as our quaterback and Lee Evans who led all rookies with 9 touchdown catches last season. Our Running game is anchored by Willis McGahee who showed he could be one of the top running back in the NFL starting only 11 games gaining over 1000 yards and 14 touchdowns. Losman has all the tools around him to succeed and all the tools to be a good quaterback in the nfl. All he has to do is now make the costly mistake and we will be fine. Our O-Line isnt that solid but its starting to gel alittle bit and Losman has the legs and pocket awarness to avoid the pressure which he has done plenty of times before. Not to mention the kid has a rocket of an arm, and then you look at our defense and special teams. Wow! Second Ranked Defense last season and only lost one starter on defense (who only played 33% of the snaps last season) and our special teams was ranked first in the nfl. We have McGree returning kicks and he is a threat everytime he touches the ball to score and we have the real secret success to our Special teams is Jason Peters. The man is a monster and he on the norm will pancake two men from the kicking team opening up gapeing holes for our returners. We also have the best punter in the NFL who doesnt get enough credit for what he does. But he was huge for us last year as we played field possession football and we are going to do the same this season. Good luck you guys!

Bills win 28-14

jd4me925
09-10-2005, 06:08 PM
The bills defence is pumped just like it is on every opening day. They will run wild on your offense or lack there of one. Watch for your running game to be shut down early and your passing game to follow.... we will make you a one dimensional (sp?) offense the whole game and you guy's will be battling back all game long with that said good luck tommarow i see the bills winning by double diget's!!!

:pigfly: <<< that's when the texan's will beat the bills

rmartin65
09-10-2005, 06:09 PM
get ready to see :pigfly: then.

jd4me925
09-10-2005, 06:11 PM
your kidding right? yea the texan's will NOT beat the bills tommarow. We are to good for you we will outplay you all game long.. David Carr is a BUST watch for him to be on his back alot. Your running game will not even start

jd4me925
09-10-2005, 06:12 PM
look for clement's to shut down AJ!

rmartin65
09-10-2005, 06:14 PM
how can you call carr a bust so soon? He started for an expansion team and had NO protection. He only has time to look two reads. He has pretty much no #2 reciever. Bradford has done almost nothing.

texasguy346
09-10-2005, 06:14 PM

Pigs flew in 2003. I think they're cleared for takeoff in 2005 too.

Kaiser Toro
09-10-2005, 06:20 PM
It appears that Hogwarts is back in session and I commend you for taking full advantage of your resources.

The Bills D is one of the best heading into the season and the stats you are projecting don't mean a thing until the game is over. I would be more concerned about what your offense will do tomorrow.

rmartin65
09-10-2005, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=Kaiser Toro]It appears that Hogwarts is back in session and I commend you for taking full advantage of your resources.
QUOTE]
?

sandt38
09-10-2005, 06:46 PM
your kidding right? yea the texan's will NOT beat the bills tommarow. We are to good for you we will outplay you all game long.. David Carr is a BUST watch for him to be on his back alot. Your running game will not even start

Please stop embarassing knowledgeable, intelligent, and mature Bills fans.

Carr is a good QB, who is sadly not surrounded by a huge amount of talent. The guy has heart, toughness, and a few years of experiance under his belt. JP on the other hand is surrounded by huge talent, suffered a broken leg last year, and has 5 passes under his belt... advantage; Houston.

On that note I suggest you stop harassing the Texans' fans about their QB.

If you want to focus on the game breakers, focus on our defense and special teams. They are the reason we will score points, and Houston will struggle. They are the reason I see Buffalo winning.

So to blindly bash a very good QB just rendered your future arguements... lame... Unfounded... Ignorant even?

rmartin65
09-10-2005, 06:49 PM

Carr is a good QB, who is sadly not surrounded by a huge amount of talent. The guy has heart, toughness, and a few years of experiance under his belt. JP on the other hand is surrounded by huge talent, suffered a broken leg last year, and has 5 passes under his belt... advantage; Houston.

If you want to focus on the game breakers, focus on our defense and special teams. They are the reason we will score points, and Houston will struggle. They are the reason I see Buffalo winning.

So to blindly bash a very good QB just rendered your future arguements... lame... Unfounded... Ignorant even?

thank you for those comments. its nice to know that some people have respect for teams that are not their favorites.

run-david-run
09-10-2005, 06:57 PM
refering to jd4me95

run-david-run
09-10-2005, 06:59 PM

Thanks for not bashing Carr but since when is Jp surrounded by huge talent?
AJ is better than any wide revicer on your team and Davis had more yds from scrimage than McGahee, if Losman has huge talent around him, than the Texans are a Pro-Bowl team!!!

sandt38
09-10-2005, 07:02 PM
thank you for those comments. its nice to know that some people have respect for teams that are not their favorites.

The fans of this board sold me on you guys. As you can see, I have been a member here longer than you, and simply wish to extend the same courtesy and respect you guys have shown me... as well as talk football on a realistic, knowledgeable level.

Our 1 glaring weakness is at QB this year, and for this dude to come in bashing Carr seems rather hypocritical.

edo783
09-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Offensively I think it is a coin toss. Defensively I give it to the Bills until proven otherwise. Both STs are good. Overall, the Bills look to have the advantage based on the defense, but the game still has to be played.

sandt38
09-10-2005, 07:20 PM
AJ is better than any wide revicer on your team and Davis had more yds from scrimage than McGahee, if Losman has huge talent around him, than the Texans are a Pro-Bowl team!!!

Sorry, you are way off base. While the team has struggled mightily on offense lately we can easily attribute that to Bledsoe. Eric Moulds is one of the very best in the league, and we have Evans, a second year man, who in his rookie season caught 48 passes for 843 or a whopping 17.6 YPC average and scored 9 touchdowns. It took Drew several weeks to grow comfortable enough to throw Evans the ball, so that brings his numbers down some. Moulds didn't have a stellar year last year (88 for 1043 a 11.9 Avg and 5 TDs (AJ had 100 more yards and 1 TD, not a vast advantage at all)), but still has over 8200 yards in 9 years, and durring his first 2 years he was used sparingly. So over his last 7 years as our #1, he has amassed over 7700 yards, this with the likes of Mr. Sub 200 YPG Bledsoe, Rob Johnson, and a guy who was with us for a year we don't like to mention. Not only that, but look at how Peerless Price did with Moulds drawing the doubles, then look at him after he became the #1 guy in Atlanta... That is an intangible that the stats don't tell you about.

McGahee may have had less all pourpose yards, but he also played in 4 less games. Davis started 15 games, led team with 302 carries for 1,188 yards (3.9 avg.) and 13 TDs. McGahee started 11 games with 284 for 1128 (4.0 avg.) and 13 TDs. Davis also had alot more recieving yards simply because he had a QB who relied on him heavily, and would dump off the short pass to avoid the sack. Unfortunately, in Blew Dreadslow aka the statue, we had a guy whou would rather take the sack than dump the pass (or even move for that matter).

It is hard for me to come here and call out a Bills fan for his ignorance, and then pretend to ignore yours. Please do some research before making blind statemens on a couple numbers you know nothing about.

Texas
09-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Whatever. Clements is good, great as a matter of fact but cannot hold AJ. Also Mathis is a probable which means we will have more speed so thats another threat yall will need to watch for. I really see this game as a tossup but because im a texan ima say we got this by a FG.

alphajoker
09-10-2005, 07:36 PM
I usually just read the threads and keep my comments to myself, but I have to reply to this one just because it is one of the worst ones I've seen to date.
I always hope that the Texans come out with a "W" but realistically, I just hope it's a good game and that there are no major injuries. There are still 15 more games to go after this Sunday. Best of luck to both teams.

CyberTexan
09-10-2005, 07:48 PM
We dont have to stoop to the level of these select few of Bills fans on here that are trying to get our goat. Ether way , if they win they will act childish and come in and say I told you so , and if they lose you wont hear from them.

awtysst
09-10-2005, 08:13 PM
The bills defence is pumped just like it is on every opening day. They will run wild on your offense or lack there of one. Watch for your running game to be shut down early and your passing game to follow.... we will make you a one dimensional (sp?) offense the whole game and you guy's will be battling back all game long with that said good luck tommarow i see the bills winning by double diget's!!!

Excuse my ignorance but if you shut down our passing and running, what dimension is left for us to be one dimensional? Perhaps youy oughta spend a little more time thinking through your next post.

:bomb:

rmartin65
09-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Whatever. Clements is good, great as a matter of fact but cannot hold AJ. Also Mathis is a probable which means we will have more speed so thats another threat yall will need to watch for. I really see this game as a tossup but because im a texan ima say we got this by a FG.

mathis was upgraded to probable?

Bubbajwp
09-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Sorry, you are way off base. While the team has struggled mightily on offense lately we can easily attribute that to Bledsoe. Eric Moulds is one of the very best in the league, and we have Evans, a second year man, who in his rookie season caught 48 passes for 843 or a whopping 17.6 YPC average and scored 9 touchdowns. It took Drew several weeks to grow comfortable enough to throw Evans the ball, so that brings his numbers down some. Moulds didn't have a stellar year last year (88 for 1043 a 11.9 Avg and 5 TDs (AJ had 100 more yards and 1 TD, not a vast advantage at all)), but still has over 8200 yards in 9 years, and durring his first 2 years he was used sparingly. So over his last 7 years as our #1, he has amassed over 7700 yards, this with the likes of Mr. Sub 200 YPG Bledsoe, Rob Johnson, and a guy who was with us for a year we don't like to mention. Not only that, but look at how Peerless Price did with Moulds drawing the doubles, then look at him after he became the #1 guy in Atlanta... That is an intangible that the stats don't tell you about.

McGahee may have had less all pourpose yards, but he also played in 4 less games. Davis started 15 games, led team with 302 carries for 1,188 yards (3.9 avg.) and 13 TDs. McGahee started 11 games with 284 for 1128 (4.0 avg.) and 13 TDs. Davis also had alot more recieving yards simply because he had a QB who relied on him heavily, and would dump off the short pass to avoid the sack. Unfortunately, in Blew Dreadslow aka the statue, we had a guy whou would rather take the sack than dump the pass (or even move for that matter).

It is hard for me to come here and call out a Bills fan for his ignorance, and then pretend to ignore yours. Please do some research before making blind statemens on a couple numbers you know nothing about.
Overall I agree with your post. McGahee is a better runner but davis is a better receiver. Secondly our oline struggled with the zone blocking scheme in the beginning of the season and ended the season very strong
TEN 120Yds 1TD
IND 128Yds 1TD
CHI 95Yds 1TD
CLE 103Yds 1TD

F-minus67
09-10-2005, 10:23 PM
If your LT is Mike Gandy, you shouldn't really say that your QB is surrounded with talent. And the rest of the o line is only so-so. The WR corps. average out to about the same. I will say the buffalo's defense is better, but Losman better watch his back, if you know what I mean.

Honoring Earl 34
09-10-2005, 10:57 PM
:texflag: Other than buffalo wings is any other reason to go to buffalo. Oh yeah to see the O.J. museum .

Lucky
09-10-2005, 11:23 PM
...dimensional (sp?)...
I must give you props. At least you got that right.

Less than 280 yards of total offense? If true, I bet we have mad punting yardage. Vote Chad Stanley for Pro Bowl punter!

Philisophical Troll
09-10-2005, 11:53 PM

Correction JD....the Texans won't have more than 80 total yards rushing and passing :tv:

PapaL
09-10-2005, 11:55 PM
Correction JD....the Texans won't have more than 80 total yards rushing and passing :tv:

That prediction is even more ridiculous than the last one. :homer:

jr0ck
09-11-2005, 12:35 AM
it appears that Hogwarts is back in session and I commend you for taking full advantage of your resources.
?

it's a harry potter reference. it's the school of wizardry that harry and co. attend, and coincidentally where a major portion of the storyline takes place.

i felt like that was more constructive to respond to than the original poster and his statement/prediction. better than feeding a troll anyway...can't wait 'till noon and all the speculation fly's away with the :pigfly:

Kaiser Toro
09-11-2005, 12:42 AM
it's a harry potter reference. it's the school of wizardry that harry and co. attend, and coincidentally where a major portion of the storyline takes place.

i felt like that was more constructive to respond to than the original poster and his statement/prediction. better than feeding a troll anyway...can't wait 'till noon and all the speculation fly's away with the :pigfly:

Appreciate the ackonwledment of the high brow reference. Twelve hours and counting. :texflag:

run-david-run
09-11-2005, 12:57 AM

Oh, where to start.... First of all Davis, while starting 15 games was only really healthy for about 11 and was used sparingly to start the season (he had about 20 yds against KC because of injury). Secondly, Price struggled so much in Atlanta in part because he was the number 1 reciver, but mostly because Michel Vick was his quarterback, a career completion percentage below 55%, and who was the last Falcons wide reciver who looked good with Vick as a qb? (crumpler is a TE).

Bills fans need to let the idea that Molds is an elite reciver go. He was great in his prime, now he is still certanly way baove average, but not in the top 10 in the game, stop acting like he is!

I think with McGahee you have a real workhorse back, but is he going to be enough to get you 10 wins? The way I see it, a great game from a running back would be in the area of 150 yds and a score, where are the rest of the points going to come from is the passing game is going to be as conservative as the "just don't turn it over" approach.

Anyway, here is to a good game tommorow.....
Go texans

Tedc
09-11-2005, 08:50 AM
Texans 24, Bills 20

rmartin65
09-11-2005, 09:02 AM

oh. i guess i did not read those...

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-11-2005, 09:10 AM
just how long do you Bill's fans really think Mcgahee is going to last, he is a risk every time he steps on the field, take a look back at his college injury, that defensive back made mcgahee's leg look like a soft pretzel, during the championship, that is a serious injury that will never go away, wait till Antwan Peek or Jason Babin aim for his leg, it will make that college injury look like a cut finger, anyway he will not last a full season, please return back to this thread, and thank me for the warning you guys, and to let henry go, you guys have no back up. GOOD LUCK :tomato:

sandt38
09-11-2005, 10:20 AM
just how long do you Bill's fans really think Mcgahee is going to last, he is a risk every time he steps on the field, take a look back at his college injury, that defensive back made mcgahee's leg look like a soft pretzel, during the championship, that is a serious injury that will never go away, wait till Antwan Peek or Jason Babin aim for his leg, it will make that college injury look like a cut finger, anyway he will not last a full season, please return back to this thread, and thank me for the warning you guys, and to let henry go, you guys have no back up. GOOD LUCK :tomato:

We had another back who suffered the same injury, who we took into our fold as well.

His name is Thurman Thomas :thumbup

Also, we have Williams. Williams was called on last year a couple times and turned up big games for us each time.

Secondly, Price struggled so much in Atlanta in part because he was the number 1 reciver, but mostly because Michel Vick was his quarterback

I wouldn't say "mostly" by any means. While I don't think Vick is a good QB at all, Price did suffer doubles where Moulds pulled them off. There is no denying that Moulds pulls doubles everywhere he goes, so I don't understand why you might argue this. I used Price to show what intangibles aren't brought to the table by means of a simple stat.

I think with McGahee you have a real workhorse back, but is he going to be enough to get you 10 wins? The way I see it, a great game from a running back would be in the area of 150 yds and a score, where are the rest of the points going to come from is the passing game is going to be as conservative as the "just don't turn it over" approach.

So you are saying that the only way to be a great RB is to have 2400 yards and 16 TDS? A great game by a running back is 90+ yards and a W in my book. With 90 yards the back has done enough to keep the passing game open (because let's be real, his job is to keep secondaries guessing and give a valuable second to the recievers running routes), and is on target for 1440 yards for the season. The RB is not the only player on the field, so to expect 150 yards and a score every game seems farfetched... so much so it has never been done. While OJ might have accomplished it in a 16 game season (remember, his 2000+ yard season was in a 14 game year), I really doubt it... by default it almost seems as if you are suggesting there has never been a great back ;). Seriously though, I don't understand why people feel you need to have massive numbers to have a great game. Again, there are intangibles that aren't always reflected in a YPG.TD/game stat. Here's a couple:

Buffalo; 0-4 with travis Henry, 9-2 with Willis.

Buffalo; Allowed 19 sacks with Henry in 4 games, Allowed 16 sacks with McGahee in 11 games, including 0 against Miami and the Jets (2 fine defenses last year), and a total of 5 against NE and the Steelers (3 and 2 respectively).

So if you consider the context of my origional quote and remember I responded to this;

I think we can agree this dude is way off base.

touttail
09-11-2005, 11:22 AM
I am hoping our DEFENSE will put a licking on him and he WON'T keep a ticking------LOL

bobby 119C :fans:

TigerBait
09-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Everyone needs to get off of Willis' d***. He's good, but we have faced better. Hell, our RB is just as good IMO.

sandt38
09-11-2005, 11:34 AM
I think McGahee will see alot of action today. We are suffering with an inexperianced QB (who I truely hope will be a superstar), and a fairly weak passblocking O-line. JPs mobility may help us in the weak o-line dept. However, I feel like we picked up Bennie Anderson (a strong runblocker) to strengthen our running game, which the coaches seem to feel will dominate our offense this season.

Good luck to you all. The Texans fans have my utmost respect.

sandt38
09-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Everyone needs to get off of Willis' d***. He's good, but we have faced better. Hell, our RB is just as good IMO.

I would say you haven't seen what he really brings to the game. If he stays healthy, he should be one of the best rushers to play the game today.

TigerBait
09-11-2005, 12:06 PM
I undoubtedly recognize that McGahee has unique talent, but he is no god send, and even the best running back can't "hammer" or much less succeed with 8 men in the box. He will most likely get 100 yards today and will most definately get 1,000 yards this season, but, after just one season, I would not dub him as one of the elite RB's to date.

run-david-run
09-11-2005, 12:47 PM
I would say you haven't seen what he really brings to the game. If he stays healthy, he should be one of the best rushers to play the game today.

Last season we played against LT, Priest Holmes, Edge (twice), Fred Taylor, and Curtis Martin. I don't think McGahee is going to scare us now.

gr8slayer
09-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Last season we played against LT, Priest Holmes, Edge (twice), Fred Taylor, and Curtis Martin. I don't think McGahee is going to scare us now.
hahahahah great post. He just put up well over 100 yards on you.

RalphJr
09-12-2005, 05:04 PM
WOW.

Just got back from Buffalo. No other way to put it, you guys got manhandled, but I see all your posts here and whatnot, you know what happened, I ain't here to rub anything in. I said I would be here Monday come rain or shine and here I am. I tried to find a positive to bring to you guys, but all I can really say is hey, it's a long season. Buffalo started 0-4 last year and finished 9-7, ANYTHING is possible. Thought I'd relate one thing to you...

I was sitting on the 47 yard line, front row right behind where Dunta and P. Buch and all those guys were huddling up when off the field (if you got a tape, I'm in a throwback Evans jersey, lol). They were getting a lot of smack thrown at them by fans by the second half, but most of it was good natured, nothing raunchy or mean really. But when Carr threw the second pick, the dude next to me screams out "hey Dunta, I bet you wish Warren Moon was still the QB in Houston huh?" and Dunta turned around, after NO ONE had responded to any fans taunts at all, looked at the dude, pulled his do-rag up over his eyes a little and just barely nodded. EVERYONE who saw it started dying laughing. When Carr threw the third pick, Dunta turned right round and looked at the dude as if to say "oh brother, not again.".

I see all these "Fire Carr" threads and whatnot here, and I don't think your team will, but just know that at least Dunta is fed up with the O, or Carr, or both.I wouldn't be surprised if that spreads to the rest of the D as well.

Anyway, keep your cool Texans fans, tis a long season and you went up against a great D. 15 Games to go. Don't give up yet, and good luck.