PDA

View Full Version : Hello (Season Opener Prediction Thread)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

TheOgre
07-21-2005, 04:57 PM
You should talk to folks in Dallas about Terrence Newman then. He definitely struggled more last year than his rookie year.

I was thinking the very same thing.

Blake
07-21-2005, 05:52 PM
He still produced the same numbers. 4 ints a year, good amount of tackles. I dont know how many tds against him he had each year.

CAbills
07-21-2005, 08:36 PM
How many ints someone had could be a little misleading. Some times more ints just means teams are testing that player more thus giving him more opportunities for Ints.

The player who have 0 ints a season could mean they are one of the best in the league its all relative I guess.

However Dunta is a stud and I expect nothing less from him this year, should be a very good corner for years to come.

Sure a lot of running backs can flame out but its not like Willis is a nobody. He would have been a top 5 pick if it wasn't for his injury.

Before his injury he had 4.28 speed, 233 lbs that is a beast. Last year he should his ability to run between the tackles and his nose for the endzone. He used a lot of pure strength last year to get his yards last year. If he gained that burst of speed back in the offseason he should be very special.

Blake
07-22-2005, 08:41 AM
Sure a lot of running backs can flame out but its not like Willis is a nobody. He would have been a top 5 pick if it wasn't for his injury.

I expect Willis to be a star in this league. But I wasnt trying to say he was going to flame out. I was just making a point that one year wonders are 9/10 runningbacks, and not cornerbacks.

Evans Fan
07-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Buffalo will need onething to make them good and that is lee evans being superman downfield and j.p. losman not being lex luthor

Texas_Thrill
07-24-2005, 07:03 PM
I'd like to see how pre-season injuries play out because we all know there will be one of those ....where we say...... :brickwall :dangit: :confused: :crying:

Though I hope everyone comes through healthy its just way too early to tell.

Whose better????
Offensively: Texans...though bills aren't bad the rookie qb kills them here.
Defensively: Bills...I need to see something to make me believe otherwise in pre-season by the Texans here. We aren't bad but we aren't as good as them.
Special Teams: Texans....got so much speed the Texas state troopers won't even try to pull us over.

Who Wins???? No clue. But my 2 out of 3 right now says Texans.

DocBar
07-24-2005, 07:16 PM
This one is easy since it's pre-camp and we can talk all the trash we want.
Texans win 56-0
Carr 450 yds passing 4 TD's no int's
DD 220 all purpose yds (150 rushing 70 receiving) 4 TD's
AJ 225 yds receiving 3 TD's
DROB 2 INT's one returned for TD
Defense has 10 sacks
Mathis returns opening kick off for 105 yds for TD
PB has 2 INT's
Bills have -100 total offense with 2 first downs.
Sounds like a plan to me!!!! :fight:

CAbills
07-24-2005, 07:56 PM
Special Teams: Texans....got so much speed the Texas state troopers won't even try to pull us over.

Yes Texan special teams is better even though we were ranked #1 in the league last year with our return man going to the probowl.
:rolleyes:

rittenhouserobz
07-25-2005, 08:08 AM
Texans 21
Bills 17
I think MacGahee will do well, but Losman hasn't proved himself yet.

U4ikrob
07-25-2005, 10:15 AM
Nod to Bills fans and good posters coming over to the board. Nice to have you over - hope you enjoy the stay and look forward to a good game opening day.

My pick for the Final Score

Texans: 24
Bills: 21

I think it will be an interesting game on both sides of the ball for both teams. Both teams had some changes over the last year and several of them have some impact - more so on the Texans than the Buffalo side.

First Half - Bills 10 - Texans 7

I expect both the Bills Offense and the Texans defense to struggle early on. As both teams get used to LIVE game speed versus practice speed and the timing is much crisper and the defense much tighter I look for both sides to loosen up alot more as the game flow moves on. I expect Losman to struggle in the first half and throw a pick while the Texans Defense struggles to get coverages and penetration to the backfield.

I see Losman getting early success going to his speed and slot receivers and the Buffalo O using Mcgahee to throw things off-tempo. His timing and flow will be a little off to start with though and he will be see-ing alot of changing coverage so his reads will be slower and easier to pick on at first.

I feel the Texans will struggle early on in pass coverages as the CB's and nickel coverages get used to playing with new guys and trying to match up with Buffalo's speed at receiver to start with. I dont look for much pressure on Losman from our LB's as they focus more on Run support in the first half and keeping Mcgahee inside thus tryign to force Losman to have to use his arm to beat us.

Second Half - Bills 11 - Texans 17

The second half I see the Buffalo Defense come on strong early, maybe a sack or pick and then settle down to a dull roar. The Buffalo Offense I look to be up and down in the second half as Losman finds his rhythm and hits a few receivers, but I predict the team relies mainly on Mcgahee and burns too much clock and forces Losman to have to throw more late in the game and give up extra picks, 3 and outs or throw-aways. Buffalo Offense should be decent late in the game as they will be running most of the day and should keep the Houston defense gassed by the end of the day. Stats - I see Mcgahee with about 150 yds and 1 td on the day. Losman with about 200 yds, 1td and 1-2 int's on the day.

I look for both sides of the Houston team to come alive in the second half and make adjustments. The defense I perceive to be much like the Bills D. They will be looking to set the tone early on and should provide some changes and mix things up early making it rough on Losman and the Bills but will settle down to a dull roar for the rest of the game which will make it close. I feel the Houston Offense should be coming out with some steam and look to put the ball downfield. I think they will be trying to push the speed at receiver now on the outside routes and that they should be comfortable with the game flow and able to identify the holes in the zones and coverage enough to open up a few downfield plays while mixing in alot of the 3 step and 5 step west coast passes to the RB, TE and slot WR. I look for DD to have a good day out of the backfield and pound it a little bit inside but struggle all day with breaking things open on the Buffalo defense. too much speed will prevent DD from getting to the outside on them much of the day, and will force him inside the tackles alot, which will help late in the game. I expect a few nice runs from inside from DD as the Buffalo D wears down in the 4th from running all day and us pounding it inside.
Stats - I see Davis with about 100-120 yds rushing on the day and 1 TD. Carr with about 250 yds 2td's and 1 int

CAbills
07-25-2005, 07:27 PM
I wouldnt look for much Texan scoring in the second half. The bills did not allow one touchdown in the third quarter the entire year last year. :highfive:

KGUNBILLS
07-27-2005, 06:27 PM
What's up gang?

Good to see some of my fellow Bills message boarders over here.

I'll put my two cents in here...

This is a tough game to predict for me. And, it's not really because of the Texans so much as it is the Bills. I am extremely pleased with the way J.P. Losman has prepared for the upcoming season. He's been in Buffalo since February looking over film and working out with QB coach Sam Wyche six days a week. But, still, it's his first start. He's going to be anxious and I expect him to make some mistakes, particularly in his first start against a solid secondary.

Speaking of that secondary, I really like Daunta Robinson. He's going to be an excellent CB in this league for many years to come IMO. Buchanon, however, seems a little erratic; a poor man's Nate Clements. He'll come up with some big plays, but he can also get beaten for HUGE GAINS. Yes, he's going up against a rookie QB, so the first could easily happen, but the latter could happen as well with a solid corps of receivers for the Bills. If you ask me, Buchanon was just a trade off for Glenn this offseason, no upgrade there.

Can somebody please update me on the LB corps for the Texans? I mean, I really don't think Marlon Greenwood is the caliber LB Jamie Sharper is - who is now in Seattle. Who else do you have there?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong - the Texans pass rush is mediocre at best. That should be a good game for J.P. to get his footing and a game for LT and a big question mark for the Bills, Mike Gandy to gain some confidence.

Most importantly when the Bills are on offense is to get McGahee up and going. And, from the little I saw from the Texans last year, that shouldn't be much of a problem. It only will be if the Texans put 8 or 9 in the box. If that's the case, J.P. should be able to make plays with his excellent corps of receivers.

Would the real Andre Johnson please stand up? To be honest, I think this is a guy who is going to have a MONSTER year. He's entering his third season and Carr is an improving QB. If that offensive line of yours - which is another big question mark in my mind can provide some stability the Carr to Johnson connection should be a frequent one. My big question is, will it be a consistent one? Where did Andre go the second half of last year? In the beginning of last year he seemed poised to put his name in with the elite receivers in the game. What happened? Also, I believe you guys drafted a speedster at WR that you're high on; a little education on him would be nice. Corey Bradford and Jabar Gaffney aren't a bad supporting cast IMO.

Domanick Davis is a solid back. It should be a big test for the Bills without Pat Williams. We'll see right away exactly what the Bills lost - and they did lose something, turning over the reigns to Ron Edwards and Tim Anderson.

Anyway, Ill take the Bills in this one 20-17. But, that's just for fun, I'm certainly not going to make that a guarantee. There are too many questions for the Bills (Losman, Gandy, DT).

wags
07-27-2005, 10:44 PM
My big question is, will it be a consistent one? Where did Andre go the second half of last year? In the beginning of last year he seemed poised to put his name in with the elite receivers in the game. What happened?

It's hard to get balls thrown your way when your QB only has .0001 seconds to throw the ball. The pass protection for Carr got worse as the season went on, thus the numbers for Carr went down.

touttail
07-27-2005, 11:32 PM
Vinny,

ARE YOU CRAZY????????
Predicting us to lose the first game!
LOL

Bobby 119C

RalphJr
07-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Hey guys, new around here, seems to be a nice board and pretty civil to boot. Always nice to see.

Got the ol' opener prediction thread going pretty early huh? LOL. You guys are obviously itching for football as bad as us Bills fans.

I admit, that although you guys are not what i would hope for in a season opener for our rookie (say, a dog team like SF or WSH, that would be nice) I do think out of the teams that are mid pack in the NFL, including the Bills (I have no misconceptions about starting a rook), I would probably chooose to play you guys. I figure it this way: The most sacked QB of last year was Carr (right in front of our dear departed Bledsoe, LOL) and our D was either tops in sacks or at least tops in sacks in the AFC. That says to me that we will get tons of pressure on DC, especially in the friendly confines of a noisy RWS. Sack sacks and more sacks. And we will NEED them, as starting a rook is at best a giant ?. (on the flip side of the sacks argument is the fact that you guys don't generate much pressure, I think you were close to last in sacks last year--good way to start out the kid IMO)

We have a good running game but it will have to shoulder the load for us due to our rook, and I believe you guys are in a similar situation, although Carr is developing nicely BTW. You don't want him chuckin' that pigskin up in the air in the face of our blitz. I see a slow paced defensive battle here, with your D forcing JP into a mistake or two (rookie pick), our D forcing DC into a mistake or two (pressure pick), and whoever capitalizes on the mistakes will be the winner. If all else is equal, special teams may be the thing that puts the Bills over the top, we have a top notch ST, that should put JP in good field position on most drives.

I will of course as a Bills fan predict a Bills victory, say, 14-10, but I really see this game as a toss up due to us starting a rookie. Nobody can even guess how he will perform, and I am sure Dunta and your CBs are itching to pick one of the rook, and lord knows he may throw a few. (Don't get me wrong, I like JP, but rookies are rookies.) Will be a tough opener for us.

I can hardly wait, i have 45 yard line first row seats behind your bench...should be an incredible day. Two mid pack teams with serious aspirations going up against each other. Hope to talk to you guys over the next month and see how you feel about the matchup once training camp gets going. I can't follow every team (god knows I try), so this is a legit Q, not bait or anything: have you guys done anything to upgrade your lines, D and O? Who are draft picks you expect to impact opening day?

Lucky
07-28-2005, 06:56 PM
Got the ol' opener prediction thread going pretty early huh? LOL. You guys are obviously itching for football as bad as us Bills fans.
It was actually a Bills fan that came over & started this thread.

Regarding a comment you made, blitzing Carr is not the best method of defending the Texan offense. One, you don't want to put your corners on an island against Andre Johnson. He's a physical mismatch against any CB in the league. Two, teams have been successful rushing only 4 and playing zone against the Texans. That's likely how the Bills defense will start the game.

As far as upgrading the lines, Travis Johnson out of FSU was selected in the 1st round in hopes that he would bring an inside pass rush to the Texans nickel package. He should be a good one for years to come. On the offensive side, The Texans are toying with switching positions between LT Seth Wand & LG Chester Pitts. Nothing official, yet. The Texans are also giving some lip service to schematic changes in the protection package & the pass routes. We'll see what that means in training camp.

I have to believe Bills fans are at least privately concerned about their lines. The loss of Pat Williams has to have some effect on the defense. I'm sure London Fletcher will miss hiding behind big Pat. And you have to wonder why Donahoe let Jonas Jennings go and only brought in Mike Gandy to protect Losman's blindside. Texan fans can tell you 1st hand that inexperienced QBs and questionable LTs are a recipe for disaster.

RalphJr
07-29-2005, 07:39 AM
It was actually a Bills fan that came over & started this thread.

Regarding a comment you made, blitzing Carr is not the best method of defending the Texan offense. One, you don't want to put your corners on an island against Andre Johnson. He's a physical mismatch against any CB in the league. Two, teams have been successful rushing only 4 and playing zone against the Texans. That's likely how the Bills defense will start the game.

Well, we are usually pretty confident in Nate Clements ability to cover one on one, but we can always send help. I say we will blitz often not only because of Carr's oft-sacked status, but also because that is our defenses' M.O., we blitz a LOT. Corner blitzes, safety blitzes, delayed blitz, etc. We often give in to the possibilty of getting burned for the potential reward of a big sack. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But maybe we will use a zone, who knows. I expect lots of blitzes though, thats just how we do.

As far as upgrading the lines, Travis Johnson out of FSU was selected in the 1st round in hopes that he would bring an inside pass rush to the Texans nickel package. He should be a good one for years to come. On the offensive side, The Texans are toying with switching positions between LT Seth Wand & LG Chester Pitts. Nothing official, yet. The Texans are also giving some lip service to schematic changes in the protection package & the pass routes. We'll see what that means in training camp.

I had heard some stuff about you guys running more timing routes, but other than that it was hard to find info. Thanks.

I have to believe Bills fans are at least privately concerned about their lines. The loss of Pat Williams has to have some effect on the defense. I'm sure London Fletcher will miss hiding behind big Pat. And you have to wonder why Donahoe let Jonas Jennings go and only brought in Mike Gandy to protect Losman's blindside. Texan fans can tell you 1st hand that inexperienced QBs and questionable LTs are a recipe for disaster.

Privately? LOL, try publicly my friend (check any bills board, OY, line post after line post), those two issues and the rookie QB are the only thing preventing many Bills fans from going totally overboard and predicting 19-0, LOL.

As far as Pat Williams, we have two good replacements in Ron Edwards (Former starter before S.A. got here)and Tim Anderson. One is big (320, not Fat Pat big, but big still) and the other has a motor. Since we, like many teams, use "waves" of D-lineman, I'm not too worried about this one. We might actually get more sacks up the middle, our pressure up the middle last year came from Pat (Who played about 55% of the snaps)but a lot came from our subs too. I always believed that the better side of that line was Sam Adams. Bottom line is we will still have one of the best D's in the league, while you don't want to step back, at least we can afford to slightly there.

As for the O-line, OH YEAH, that is a major concern, but only in the LT spot. Kind of two seperate issues though...One: Donahoe got rid of Jennings because in this LT strapped NFL, he simply wanted too much, no way were we going to match the 36 mil SF paid him. No way. Not only wasn't he worth it, you'd have been surprised how the media regarded him BEFORE last year (think words like overpaid and turnstile). We all used to think of him as average to pretty good, which I still think he was, but once he bacame the only real LT on the market last year, suddenly his stock soared, and people thought WAY too much of him, thus the price gouge. I have beef with some of Donahoe's decisions, but this isn't one of them.

As for the rest of the line, it all depends on what happens at LT. If Gandy can cut it (he has 20 starts at LT, and his knock has been hamstring injuries, not a lack of skill or guts) our line will be good (last year was the least sacked of Drew B's career, if we can protect "the mummy" we can protect anyone). Mike Williams is FINALLY playing like a 1st rd pick, Chris Villarial is a good veteran RG, Trey Teague recently was rated the most underrated player on our team by CBS, he has 3 position tools, and Bennie Anderson, while not a great pass blocker, should help Willis rack up yards on the left side. If Gandy struggles and Teague has to be moved to LT, Tucker will take over at center, he is more than capable, although he is coming off back surgery. It all hinges on the LT spot. Hopefully this is where JP's mobility will come in handy, I don't want him Flutieing out there, but he'll avoid a sack here and there with his feet.

Believe me Lucky, I AM worried about the LT spot, but considering the FA market (Anyone want to overpay for party animal/totally overrated LT Ross Verba? You guys were right ot lowball/one year him, he isn't worth it, and he is a character issue DISASTER) and the rest of our line and our line coach, I am kind of resigned to it. Either Gandy will cut it, or Teague will be moved. After the Threw Deadslow era, I doubt we could get sacked much more honestly.

b-lo55
07-30-2005, 11:05 AM
I believe the Houston Texans are an up and coming team in the NFL, and will finish with a record of 9-7. However i don't see them beating the Buffalo Bills. Here in Buffalo optimism is high for the upcoming season, with the release of QB Drew Deadslow and the change to make J.P Losman the starter. I like this change for one major reason J.P's mobility, Mike Mularky will be able to implant a much more productive play calling system with J.P under center. Proof of this is when Mularky was in Pittsburgh and helped take Kordell Stewart to the AFC championship game. And lets be honest the Bills defense is down right nasty (45 takeaways) and lets not forget they held an NFL football team (all be it the lowley browns) to 34 total yds. of offense!!! With the subtraction of Pat Williams, Ron Ewards has a large void to fill. But many people who did not watch every Bills game do not realize Ewards was on the line 40% of the time last yr. when big Pat and Sam Adams needed breathers so he should be fine.......also milloy and Vincent barring any injuries in training camp will be healthy for the start of the season unlike last.....on the offensive side of the ball the bills added Speedster Roscoe Parrish out of Miami he has great speed and will win the slot position. Parrish along with second yr. stud Lee Evans are great complements to Eric Moulds and should give Moulds Man coverage....and lets not forget Willis McGahee and the special teams.........I do like the Houston Texans defense and i feel this will be a great matchup for opening day that i will see first hand in Buffalo however i think the bills special teams will be the wildcard in the game and the D will give the Texans offense fits with the Bills winning 17-10
Good Luck on the rest of your season (except for game #1)!!!!!!!!!!

Big B Texan Fan
07-31-2005, 11:19 AM
And lets be honest the Bills defense is down right nasty (45 takeaways) and lets not forget they held an NFL football team (all be it the lowley browns) to 34 total yds. of offense!!!
That kinda reminds of when the Steelers held the Texans to just 56 yards of offense in their 1st year.........WE WON. You see we didn't really beat the Steelers, we beat Tommy Maddux. I beleive (not too sure though) he threw 2 pix that Glenn returned for TD's and somebody sacked him thus forcing a fumble and Kenny Wright returned it for a TD and we kicked an offensive FG. Maddux was injured for some time and this was his 1st game back from injury. Eerily similar to what's gonna happen in week 1. It won't be his 1st game (nor was he injured) but it will be his 1st game in quite some time. Your D could hold us down but there's no way they're gonna keep us to 34 or 56 or even 156 yards. We're good too. We're up and coming too. If you guys do beat us well then congrats, but if we beat you don't be surprised, I won't.

Oh yea, did I mention that we won that Steelers game up @ their place in the freezing cold.

aj.
07-31-2005, 12:09 PM
I wouldnt compare Losman to Drew Henson...

Neither would I.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/aj_texans/losman21_bills_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/aj_texans/waterboy.jpg

Buffalo_Bills
08-08-2005, 03:42 PM
JP losman has already completed passes, and broke a run for a large gain... he already has a higlight reel... david carr who??????

Someone said "if losman can pick you defense apart what do you think carr will do to it"

well uhh not much, brett farve coulnt do anthing to it either... our D will one you guys, DD and Carr wont know what hit em. (was it takeo, london, jeff, nate, sam, tim, ron, lawyer, troy, or terence?)

Texan Spain
08-08-2005, 03:55 PM
and then, willis mc"broken legs"gahee will run over .....mmmmmmmm, not, he won't run, but thay also have jp losman who will throw to his number 23 or 31, ahmmmm, but if they are our corners, they look like bills recievers when JP throw the ball to them

Doug
08-08-2005, 04:04 PM
I wouldnt look for much Texan scoring in the second half. The bills did not allow one touchdown in the third quarter the entire year last year. :highfive:

I thought there were two quarters in a half not just a third? LOL, I couldn't leave it alone.

Fldvldog
08-08-2005, 04:21 PM
and then, willis mc"broken legs"gahee will run over .....mmmmmmmm, not, he won't run, but thay also have jp losman who will throw to his number 23 or 31, ahmmmm, but if they are our corners, they look like bills recievers when JP throw the ball to them

This post doesn't make sense IMO. McGahee ran very well last year, and many expect big things from him this year. The leg looked fine 3 months after the incident -- and it is definately fine now...

RalphJr
08-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Amazing how people can doubt a guy who came back from triple ACL surgery and racked up over 1100 yards in 11 games. Especially considering he's getting BETTER and STRONGER. McGahee and his "gimpy knee" will be just fine.

The big question for me as I look at the matchups, is the lines of each team. On the Bills side, can journeyman Gandy protect Losman long enough for him to throw? (I'm not too sure about this one). Can Ron Edwards and Tim Anderson fill in for Fat Pat? (Not worried at all about this one).

Can the Texans line get pressure on Losman through the O-line, 4/5 of which is actually pretty good? Can your O-line (which I believe gave up the most sacks last year) stop the Bills blitz? (which I believe had the most or 2nd most sacks last year)

Losman is the major X-factor here. Hard to predict how he does, so he could swing the game either way. Buffalo just seems like the more complete team to me in all three phases. It's our home opener, we have a Great D (better than yours), great ST (better than yours), good O (maybe NOT as good as yours, but we will see) with a major X-factor that could go either way. Seems to me some folks around here are simply assuming Los will play poorly, and hand Houston the game. Could be. But in my estimation, all he has to do to get us a win is play okay. I think he is more than capable of playing "okay".

And of course i am a total Buffalo :homer:, but I try to at least be somewhat objective.

Will be interesting no matter what though, "Any given Sunday" as they say. Can hardly wait!

Battle Red Flash
08-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Bills have good defense and running game. They could control clock. But, when they have to pass, Capers will blitz the new kid. I see 3 Bills turnovers. Texans can run and throw. 17-14 Texans win.

buddyroe
08-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Welcome Buffalo fans! You will have a fun team to watch
this year,but don't expect to much early on in the season.
You will need to be patient as you go through growing
pains with a true rookie QB.The Bills defense will be good
again but look for them to take a step back as rookie
mistakes from J.P. put them in poor field position and
keep them on the field to much with poor 3rd down
percentage.McGahee will have to carry the load this
year and will have some success but defenses will key
on him until Losman gives them reason not to.
When you put a young QB and the mistakes he will
make with what will quickly become a tired defense
against a brutal schedule the season will quickly go
downhill.Don't expect more than 5 wins.I predict the
Jets win the East and the Patriots settle for a wildcard.
The Texan's on the other hand are in their 4th season
building and for the 1st time are healthy(knock,knock).
Carr's completion rate has gone up each of the 1st three
years(52%,57%,61%) and with our O line having a year
under their belt in a new blocking scheme he should have
better protection.Morency gives Davis competition at the
tailback positition and Davis has responded with his best
camp so far.These things combined with a spread offensive
set and defenses needing to double Johnson will make this
an explosive offense.
Greenwood and Buchanon add speed to the defensive
backfield.On the D line Robaire Smith and a healthy Gary
Walker teamed with FSU rookieTravis Johnson will keep
O lines tied up and put pressure on the QB. OLB Jason
Babin in his 2cd year will have a big season in the sack
department without the D linemen being able to step out
and pick him up.
I predict Houston ,with a weak schedule will have a breakout
year finishing 13-3.The Colts will settle for a wildcard and an
early exit in the playoffs.
Game 1 Houston 34 Buffalo 6

tsip
08-09-2005, 06:44 PM
"I predict Houston ,with a weak schedule will have a breakout
year finishing 13-3."

Wow!! We only play 6 games this year with teams that had a losing record
last year and one of those teams-Cleveland-whipped us bad! We only beat
1 team last year with a winning record, the Jags. 13-3. Has a nice sound to
it....

buddyroe
08-09-2005, 07:23 PM
I tasted the koolaid and it was good!!!
Motor City here come the TEXANS!!!!!!

False Start
08-09-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm gonna say 9-7 . I would love for us to go 10-6 , but I dont want to be to over-confident and set myself up for a letdown . Maybe we can get lucky and make a run for the playoffs with that 9-7 record . :cool:

Waltman
08-10-2005, 01:26 AM
On this one I'm most definitely going with the Texans only because our 2 demensional offensive game (run and pass). You have to worry about DD & AJ, Bills 2 demensional game is not as big a threat as the Texans. I believe the Texans secondary is totally capable of handling the Bills receiving core which allows us to worry more about stopping the run. If Capers coach a good game the Texans should win :highfive: .

HJam72
08-10-2005, 01:34 AM
I predict Houston ,with a weak schedule will have a breakout
year finishing 13-3.

What a beautiful DREAM! I say 9-7 or maybe 10-6. That is no guarantee of play-offs, however. 8-8 or less and somebody gets fired. They should've done that well last year.

Prediction for the game? I'll say Houston wins, but I have no idea what score to predict. Somewhere between Houston wins by 3 and Houston wins by 30, lol (probably closer to 3 I guess).

RalphJr
08-10-2005, 07:37 AM
Buddyroe, I was going to try and actually discuss your points with you, but after seeing your hilarious opening day prediction (34-6? only three teams even scored more than 20 against us last year, Pitt, NE, and Miami, and we beat Miami) and your incredibly optimistic 13-3 prediction for your Texans, I think I'll click this little dude :homer:, and leave it at that.

BTW, whatever you are smoking...pass that stuff over HERE! ;)

Fldvldog
08-10-2005, 10:44 AM
What a beautiful DREAM! I say 9-7 or maybe 10-6. That is no guarantee of play-offs, however. 8-8 or less and somebody gets fired. They should've done that well last year.

Prediction for the game? I'll say Houston wins, but I have no idea what score to predict. Somewhere between Houston wins by 3 and Houston wins by 30, lol (probably closer to 3 I guess).

8-8 would not be so bad considering you all are only in your th year of existance. In '06 the texans may make a real run at the playoffs...

buddyroe
08-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Ralph,the 34-6 prediction is based on my thought
that the Bills will turn the ball over 3 times.The
1st game of the season can cause butterflys,
especially in a rookie QB.The Bills can expect to see
blitzes from all angles and JP will get rattled.
As good as Buffalo's D is they will get tired when
their offense cann't hold the ball.Houston's going to
use short drops and quick passes to a 3 reciever set
to frustrate the Bills passrush and open up the box for
Double "D".
This game will get out of control on the 1st INT.
Hence: Houston 34 Buffalo 6

rittenhouserobz
08-10-2005, 11:05 AM
I think the Texans can manage a 11-5 or 12-4 record. If luck is on there side. SD moved their game up drastically in one year. So can the Texans.

I predict this will be a close game. The Buffalo running game will carry them for a while. The Texans seem to be more balanced with run/pass. I just hope that they have learned to pass protect. I think ST is about even. The Buffalo defense has proven it worth, but the Texans defense this year has many questions unanswered. Losman will have so many of those answers by the end of the game we'll be calling him the "Wiz". :)

I just want to see a nice hard fought game without any injuries. Good luck to the rest of your year after you play the Texans Buffalo.

HJam72
08-10-2005, 11:27 AM
8-8 would not be so bad considering you all are only in your th year of existance. In '06 the texans may make a real run at the playoffs...

A lot of people feel that way, but I don't. It was supposed to be a five year plan and I expect a winning season in the 4th year. Besides, we have an O-coordinator that very many of us consider to be of questionable ability.

RalphJr
08-10-2005, 11:27 AM
Ralph,the 34-6 prediction is based on my thought
that the Bills will turn the ball over 3 times.The
1st game of the season can cause butterflys,
especially in a rookie QB.The Bills can expect to see
blitzes from all angles and JP will get rattled.
As good as Buffalo's D is they will get tired when
their offense cann't hold the ball.Houston's going to
use short drops and quick passes to a 3 reciever set
to frustrate the Bills passrush and open up the box for
Double "D".
This game will get out of control on the 1st INT.
Hence: Houston 34 Buffalo 6

Well, I can make a wild guess on score based upon the number of sacks I think Buffalo will have...hypotheticals will get you anywhere you want to go if you follow them far enough buddyroe. Predicting 3 INTs is akin to me predicting 2 Fumble recoveries on sacks for the Bills. Could happen...but probably won't.

Rookie butterflies? Very safe prediction on your part. Three INTs? That's just a wild guess bro. You may as well start predicitng how many safties will be in the game.

BTW, you can blitz all you want, but from what i know of your team you don't get all that much pressure, and JP practices against one of the strongest blitzing teams in the league. I expect sacks, but don't think you're going to be all over him, he's going to roll right to the strong side of the line for protection. We also use LOTS of TE blocking schemes. BTW, you have a better shot at frustrating JP than rattling him. He doesn't scare easy, but he does seem to lose his cool on botched plays. That is far more likely than him getting rattled, and that could be where I see him forcing something.

Anyway, seems like most here are hinging a Texans win on JP playing poorly. What if he plays okay? What happens then? I am of the mind that our D is strong enough to win the game shouldering the load, as they did for MUCH of the Bledsoe era.

RalphJr
08-10-2005, 11:34 AM
I think the Texans can manage a 11-5 or 12-4 record. If luck is on there side. SD moved their game up drastically in one year. So can the Texans.

I predict this will be a close game. The Buffalo running game will carry them for a while. The Texans seem to be more balanced with run/pass. I just hope that they have learned to pass protect. I think ST is about even. The Buffalo defense has proven it worth, but the Texans defense this year has many questions unanswered. Losman will have so many of those answers by the end of the game we'll be calling him the "Wiz". :)

I just want to see a nice hard fought game without any injuries. Good luck to the rest of your year after you play the Texans Buffalo.

I agree almost any team can make major moves up. But predicting it is totally hit or miss, that's all. Don't mean to discount the possibility, a guess is a guess.

BTW, Buffalo had the tops ST team in the league last year, our punter has a cannon leg (55 yards+), and T. McGee was the top kick returner in the league last year. Both our punt returners had punts retunred for touchdowns. I don't see this one as so even.

I agree totally with your last statement though, here's to a good game with no injuries, and good luck to ya'll after the opener. I can hardly wait, I look at my season opener tix like every day, lol.

michaelm
08-10-2005, 11:37 AM
and just recently Jabari Greer compared him to steve young.

Buffalo Wins 21-17

Yeah... well when Harold Minor was drafted into the NBA, he was widely compared to Michael Jordan.
Who was Harold Minor, you ask?

EXACTLY, I say...

No matter who it was that made the comparison, I thinks it may be a bit premature to name him in the same breath as a hall of famer...

Blake
08-10-2005, 11:46 AM
Well, I can make a wild guess on score based upon the number of sacks I think Buffalo will have...hypotheticals will get you anywhere you want to go if you follow them far enough buddyroe. Predicting 3 INTs is akin to me predicting 2 Fumble recoveries on sacks for the Bills. Could happen...but probably won't.

Rookie butterflies? Very safe prediction on your part. Three INTs? That's just a wild guess bro. You may as well start predicitng how many safties will be in the game.

BTW, you can blitz all you want, but from what i know of your team you don't get all that much pressure, and JP practices against one of the strongest blitzing teams in the league. I expect sacks, but don't think you're going to be all over him, he's going to roll right to the strong side of the line for protection. We also use LOTS of TE blocking schemes. BTW, you have a better shot at frustrating JP than rattling him. He doesn't scare easy, but he does seem to lose his cool on botched plays. That is far more likely than him getting rattled, and that could be where I see him forcing something.

Anyway, seems like most here are hinging a Texans win on JP playing poorly. What if he plays okay? What happens then? I am of the mind that our D is strong enough to win the game shouldering the load, as they did for MUCH of the Bledsoe era.

This IS a prediction thread man. Get over the fact that it could, or could not happen. You seem to discount everyones words because its a guess, or a prediction. Weird, predictions in a prediction thread! wowzers.

My PREDICTION.

J.P. is forced into to many errors. And looses the game in the final 2 minutes. Texans win 24 to 21.

RalphJr
08-10-2005, 11:48 AM
Yeah... well when Harold Minor was drafted into the NBA, he was widely compared to Michael Jordan.
Who was Harold Minor, you ask?

EXACTLY, I say...

No matter who it was that made the comparison, I thinks it may be a bit premature to name him in the same breath as a hall of famer...

LOL, I actually cringed when i first saw this. Jabari Greer is a nice young corner, but is hardly a judge of QB talent, especially to compare Los to Young. Just plain silly really.

Understand folks, Buffalo is STARVED for a real QB after Flutie/Johnson and Bledsoe. Forgive those that get a little (or a LOT, LOL) ahead of themselves.

RalphJr
08-10-2005, 11:53 AM
This IS a prediction thread man. Get over the fact that it could, or could not happen. You seem to discount everyones words because its a guess, or a prediction. Weird, predictions in a prediction thread! wowzers.

My PREDICTION.

J.P. is forced into to many errors. And looses the game in the final 2 minutes. Texans win 24 to 21.

Sorry, just trying to keep things within the realm of realism. I didn't "discount" anyone's word if you'll notice DC. simply the probability of buddyroe's prediction actually happening. Most folks here, like you, have very realistic predictions. I made no beef with them. It's when people get crazy specific that things start to get ridiculous, thats all. Sorry, I wasn't exactly being a jerk about it either, didn't mean it to come off that way. You guys did a good job of shooting down B'lo homers, I thought I could do the same on the other side of the fence.

Doug
08-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Just curious how Roscoe Parrish is looking for ya'll right now?

buddyroe
08-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Ralph and other Buffalo fans, good to see all of you guys
are as excited as I am about the start of the season.
It would be fun to sit around with everyone and watch
the game.Win or lose I hope to hear from all of ya after
to discuss the good,bad and ugly from both teams.
Saturday we play the Bronco's(top 5 in "O" @ "D")
That will be a good chance to rate the progress of the
Texan's.
Hope come game one everyone on both teams are healthy.
Good luck,see yall on 9-11 in Buffalo.

RalphJr
08-11-2005, 07:14 AM
Just curious how Roscoe Parrish is looking for ya'll right now?

Was looking REALLY good until he just busted or did something to his hand in practice. Hopefully for us it is either minor or he can play with one of those "club" air casts the guys use. Have to wait and see I guess.

Our draft picks are dropping like flies! :ouch:

Buddyroe:we are definitely excited, and I will stick around for the aftermath no matter what happens, whether to chew crow or dish it out. I came here to get some insight on your team and reading posts here has been pretty informative. You guys have a very nice site, and I like the atmosphere.

Doug
08-12-2005, 08:28 AM
Was looking REALLY good until he just busted or did something to his hand in practice. Hopefully for us it is either minor or he can play with one of those "club" air casts the guys use. Have to wait and see I guess.

Our draft picks are dropping like flies! :ouch:

Buddyroe:we are definitely excited, and I will stick around for the aftermath no matter what happens, whether to chew crow or dish it out. I came here to get some insight on your team and reading posts here has been pretty informative. You guys have a very nice site, and I like the atmosphere.

Ya, when I watching the GB/SD game last night I saw on the bottom of the screen where they run the updates that something happened to his wrist but the extent was unknown. Hope it's not serious because I thought this guy was an awesome pick up. I also read this morning in Voice of the Fan that our speedster Mathis was limping noticeably after falling awkwardly in practice against the Bronco's. Hope it's not to serious, I was really looking forward to watching him play Saturday.

DoCt3rJ
08-12-2005, 10:57 AM
I similated it on Madden 06, 24 - 17 Texans :D

buddyroe
08-12-2005, 08:55 PM
Mathis will be held out saturday.Injury not bad,just don't
want him hurt any more than he is.I heard he returned
a punt for a TD in practice against the Bronco's projected
starting S.T.They say he is electrifying when he has the
ball.
The word is our "D" is looking really good and our secondary
may be the best in the AFC.Buchanon said it doesn't
matter what people say until they do it in a real game.
Good attitude to have I think.
Gary Walker also won't play saturday,knee,doesn't sound
serious.
I'm interested to see how well our "O" line protects Carr
in a game situation,Carr said it has been better than
years past.Can't wait to see Morency run the ball,
he was a monster to stop at OSU.Hope it translates
to the big stage.

rmartin65
08-12-2005, 10:54 PM
i totally agree with holding mathis out. no need to injure him in the pre-season.

joros
08-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Hi Houston Texans fans. I am a Bills fan, and I just want to know your predictions on the game on September 11th.

ps...honest answers please

ATX
08-19-2005, 03:06 PM
Hi Houston Texans fans. I am a Bills fan, and I just want to know your predictions on the game on September 11th.

ps...honest answers please

Read the first 15 pages

b-lo55
08-22-2005, 04:37 PM
Buffalo fan here with much respect for your Houston Texan team. Looking forward to the matchup on Sep. 11th i'll be there in person can't wait. Wondering how everyone feels about the first game (I'm sure all of the Texans fans will claim victory which is fine this is your message board). I feel this will be a tight game as I see Buffalo edging out Houston 14-10. The Buffalo Defense has looked very strong in training camp and pre season and should pick up where it left off last year, even with the departure of big pat williams, the team has a solid replacement in Ron Ewards. The Buffalo D has numerous Blitz schems which gave them a league high 45 sacks last yr. I feel TKO and company will be too much fire power for the Texan "O" line. On offense the Bills have replaced Drew Bledslow w J.P. Losman, and anyone who watched any Bills games last yr. has to know it is near impossible to get less production from the QB position. J.P. also provides more options in the playbook, and Mike Mularkey is accustomed to scrambling QB's (He was w Kordell Stewart in Pitt. during their AFC Champ. Game). Also many people think J.P. is a rookie this is false he has a yr. of learning the playbook under his belt. Good luck this year, also wondering if any fans are making it up to Buffalo for the game.

Evans Fan
08-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Man i feel sorry for houston cuz buffalo will have an easy time beating them if they are as good as they are in the preseason

rmartin65
08-22-2005, 07:23 PM
Man i feel sorry for houston cuz buffalo will have an easy time beating them if they are as good as they are in the preseason
its the PRE-season for a reason.

texasguy346
08-22-2005, 08:20 PM

Definately agree. Preseason records are a direct indication of a team's future success. We beat the Patriots badly in our preseason game against them last year.

Signed,
The Bengals

:cool:

big sarge
08-22-2005, 08:57 PM
I say the team with the most points will win. Really though, here is what I see. AJ 130 yds 1 td, DD 98 yds rushing 53 yds rec. 1td, Mathis 40+ yds 1 td, Carr 220 + yds 1 int 2 sacks, Kris Brown wins it with a 47 yd field goal in the final minutes. I just have this feeling OH wait that might be my tendonitis.
I think it will be close because I think that the Bills are just as hungry as we are, but there is to much on the plate for Lossman to swallow. :bomb:

TexanExile
08-23-2005, 08:46 AM
This won't be a blowout either way. Losman will be dealing with a very fast defense that will have a lot more "looks" than have been shown so far. And anyone who thinks that the Texans will tear apart Buffalo's solid defense must be hanging out in Ricky Williams' hotel room smoking rolled-up "playbook pages." I look for Carr to have a solid but not spectacular game, but I also look for DD to surprise some people and poke some holes in the Bills defensive front, which is going to have to face life without Pat Williams.

I have a feeling this game will be won on 1 or 2 big plays in either direction, like a Reggie Swinton special-teams TD or a breakaway run by McGahee or Davis. It'll be a hard-fought and very even game otherwise.

It's a good first test of the season for Losman, and a very hard first test for the retooled Texans. If the Texans can bring a pass rush (which they really haven't in preseason), this will be a great game.

Crank_It_Up
08-23-2005, 09:11 AM

ps...honest answers pleaseit will be our first loss... honest enough for ya?

Evans Fan
08-23-2005, 03:41 PM
Buffalo will win this game because losman can run and our special teams are spesial teams are great ( # 1!) Terrance McGee will take one back if u give him some room and the defense won't miss pat williams because ron edwards who is bigger than williams is a good run stuffer not as good as williams but he's a better pass rusher. so we give u a little more running room but we give the passing game more problems plus TKO IS THE MAN PERIOD. Playmaker passrusher and runstuffer what else is their that he can't do?

Runner
08-23-2005, 03:42 PM
Well said.

Evans Fan
08-23-2005, 03:47 PM
thank you

LosmanEvansMcGahee
08-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Bills Fan here...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm not here to bash or anything. Just to talk football.

Anways. Good luck this season!

And Go Bills! Of course! :trophy:

LosmanEvansMcGahee
08-23-2005, 05:38 PM
I think Buffalo wins this game.

Here's why:

McGahee is one of the best backs in the league and your 'average' LB's aren't going to stop him and his stiff arm.

Losman will be starting his first game, but you guys don't have a good Pass Rusher or a very good Secondary. Yes, you have Dunta, but other than that I don't think your Secondary is going to stop a lot of teams.

Our Defense is just way to overpowerful for your Offense. We arguably have the best LB crew in the league. Nate Clements is coming off a Pro Bowl season and still is improving. McGee really started to show he could someday be a #1 CB. Also, we could have the best S tandem in the league. Milloy and Vincent are Pro Bowl caliber players. Also, Our D Line should outmatch your O Line. Adams, Edwards, Kelsey, Schobel is a very solid group right there.

Last but not Least: We had the best ST teams in the league last year. We had the best Field Position last year. We scored the most TD's last year. On Kickoff's and Returns we owned both sides.

Well, that's my input.

ATX
08-23-2005, 05:50 PM

Here's why:

McGahee is one of the best backs in the league and your 'average' LB's aren't going to stop him and his stiff arm.

Losman will be starting his first game, but you guys don't have a good Pass Rusher or a very good Secondary. Yes, you have Dunta, but other than that I don't think your Secondary is going to stop a lot of teams.

Our Defense is just way to overpowerful for your Offense. We arguably have the best LB crew in the league. Nate Clements is coming off a Pro Bowl season and still is improving. McGee really started to show he could someday be a #1 CB. Also, we could have the best S tandem in the league. Milloy and Vincent are Pro Bowl caliber players. Also, Our D Line should outmatch your O Line. Adams, Edwards, Kelsey, Schobel is a very solid group right there.

Last but not Least: We had the best ST teams in the league last year. We had the best Field Position last year. We scored the most TD's last year. On Kickoff's and Returns we owned both sides.

Well, that's my input.

Typical Homer comment :homer:

rmartin65
08-23-2005, 05:53 PM
Typical Homer comment :homer:
yep :rolleyes:

ATX
08-23-2005, 06:00 PM
This has got to be one of the lamest threads. Everything mentioned from the Bills fans are stats from last year. last year doesn't count anymore, every Texan fan knows that. Hell we lost to the browns last game of the year, doesn't mean they'll beat us again or we'll stink it up like that again. Let's just wait until Sept 11, before ya'll run your mouths.

I'm just tired of this Mcgahee that and Losman is the answer to your problems. look at the stats last year between Davis and Mcgahee.

Davis 302 rushes for 1188 yards. 3.9 avg. 13 TDs
Mcgahee 284 rushes for 1128 yards. 4.0 avg. 13 TDs

Losman is as unproven of a player as any other unproven player. He's going to throw alot of intereceptions, even the best have in their first few years. don't get your hopes up bills fans, thats all i have to say. let the game speak for itself.

TopTexanFan16
08-23-2005, 08:10 PM

Here's why:

Well, that's my input.

this is why you should look up stats about our team also before you go around sounding....stupid. our defense had the longest stretch in not allowing a TD in the entire league, and our secondary even with poor pass rush still got like 20 somethin INT's so please never again will you or any other Bills fan say that our secondary isnt that good when in fact we also have one of the best secondaries in the leauge.

thank you, signed annoyed taxan fan

Evans Fan
08-23-2005, 08:26 PM
this is why you should look up stats about our team also before you go around sounding....stupid. our defense had the longest stretch in not allowing a TD in the entire league, and our secondary even with poor pass rush still got like 20 somethin INT's so please never again will you or any other Bills fan say that our secondary isnt that good when in fact we also have one of the best secondaries in the leauge.

thank you, signed annoyed taxan fan

umm.... hate to rain on this the texans are better than the bills but your not and i will give a few reasons... your assitant coaches are not as expeienced as ours and we have the best offensive line coache in the NFL plus we are young but have a mix of vetrans and we will trough ever blitz from simple to the weirdest you will see in a life time oh and we happen to have a better defense we have proof of that and halll of fame coaches say we have a great defensive backfield because we are in the right place at the right time plus we have a cornerback jabari greer who is been impresive and all the coaches like him and please tell me when have the texans ever hade a pass rush? soorry i really don't see the texans outperforming the bills no way

Hervoyel
08-23-2005, 09:04 PM
One thing is certain. After watching this thread for 17 pages I am positive that no Buffalo fan yet has a legitimate take on the Texans. You all know nothing of value about your opponent.

Likewise I don't think we Texans fans have much of a grip on what the Bill will be like after Bledso and Henry. We''ve seen your team two of the last three years and we're 1-1 against you (very nearly 2-0) but I'll admit it. We don't really know what to expect in the season opener.

One of our two groups is going to be very surprised when that ones over. I hope it's you guys and not us :)

LosmanEvansMcGahee
08-23-2005, 10:57 PM
This has got to be one of the lamest threads. Everything mentioned from the Bills fans are stats from last year. last year doesn't count anymore, every Texan fan knows that. Hell we lost to the browns last game of the year, doesn't mean they'll beat us again or we'll stink it up like that again. Let's just wait until Sept 11, before ya'll run your mouths.

I'm just tired of this Mcgahee that and Losman is the answer to your problems. look at the stats last year between Davis and Mcgahee.

Davis 302 rushes for 1188 yards. 3.9 avg. 13 TDs
Mcgahee 284 rushes for 1128 yards. 4.0 avg. 13 TDs

Losman is as unproven of a player as any other unproven player. He's going to throw alot of intereceptions, even the best have in their first few years. don't get your hopes up bills fans, thats all i have to say. let the game speak for itself.
You do know that McGahee only started 11 games last year right?

texan279
08-23-2005, 11:14 PM

But he played in all 16, Davis only played in 15...

ATX
08-23-2005, 11:18 PM

it doesn't matter how many games he started, when you compare rushing attempts to yards per carry, they're basically even. all it means is mcgahee had more rushes per game, thats all.

texan279
08-23-2005, 11:25 PM
"Fact...J.P. Losman is the reincarnation of Kenny Stabler." If you have NFL Network you probably know what I am talking about. That commercial cracks me up...

LosmanEvansMcGahee
08-23-2005, 11:26 PM
it doesn't matter how many games he started, when you compare rushing attempts to yards per carry, they're basically even. all it means is mcgahee had more rushes per game, thats all.
You gotta think it was his first year starting since his injury. Now he's even better.

Faster+Stronger+Healthier=Scarier

LosmanEvansMcGahee
08-23-2005, 11:27 PM
"Fact...J.P. Losman is the reincarnation of Kenny Stabler." If you have NFL Network you probably know what I am talking about. That commercial cracks me up...
You obviously know nothing about J.P

texan279
08-23-2005, 11:27 PM

You obviously don't have NFL Network...

ATX
08-23-2005, 11:44 PM
umm.... hate to rain on this the texans are better than the bills but your not and i will give a few reasons... your assitant coaches are not as expeienced as ours and we have the best offensive line coache in the NFL plus we are young but have a mix of vetrans and we will trough ever blitz from simple to the weirdest you will see in a life time oh and we happen to have a better defense we have proof of that and halll of fame coaches say we have a great defensive backfield because we are in the right place at the right time plus we have a cornerback jabari greer who is been impresive and all the coaches like him and please tell me when have the texans ever hade a pass rush? soorry i really don't see the texans outperforming the bills no way

so your assistant coaches have more experience than us? and you have the best offensive line coach in the NFL? you have any proof to back up your theory? and you are young but have a mix of veterans, hmm sounds like most teams in the league, you know sounds like the texans alot. so where's your proof that your defense is better? last year doesn't count because that was last year and last year means nothing in the NFL, the fact is there is no proof until the season begins. oh wait wait, let me throw this in there too. same things were said 2 years ago when we played ya'll.

I won't even get into it with you because you're 16, but talk about being a :homer: . :texflag:

here's a reminderhttp://people.freenet.de/cheimt04/drebuftd.gif and he's only a rookie there

ATX
08-23-2005, 11:47 PM

I know Losman isn't near as experienced or good as David Carr. I know he is starting his first NFL game this year. I know that Andre Johnson is better than any receiver you have in Buffalo. where are all these buffalo fans coming from? i don't think we even get this many colts, jags, titans, or cowboys fans in here. really weird, i think.

LosmanEvansMcGahee
08-24-2005, 02:17 AM
You obviously don't have NFL Network...
Nope. But I heard all about it.

ATX
08-24-2005, 02:28 AM
You gotta think it was his first year starting since his injury. Now he's even better.

Faster+Stronger+Healthier=Scarier

and Davis, Johnson, and Carr have one more year under their belt. the coin is never one sided my friend. He may be better or he may be a bust, one year doesn't prove anything in the NFL.

LosmanEvansMcGahee
08-24-2005, 02:33 AM
and Davis, Johnson, and Carr have one more year under their belt. the coin is never one sided my friend. He may be better or he may be a bust, one year doesn't prove anything in the NFL.
haha You must not watch him much...

ATX
08-24-2005, 02:43 AM
haha You must not watch him much...

he was a hell of a back in miami, ive watched him plenty. all i'm saying is you're only seeing your side of the coin. i would expect mcgahee to improve just like davis will improve. and yes, one year is nothing to be proud of, do it consistently and you may have something.

LosmanEvansMcGahee
08-24-2005, 03:03 AM
he was a hell of a back in miami, ive watched him plenty. all i'm saying is you're only seeing your side of the coin. i would expect mcgahee to improve just like davis will improve. and yes, one year is nothing to be proud of, do it consistently and you may have something.
I guess we'll find out who's better at the end of the season right?

:thumbup

ATX
08-24-2005, 03:19 AM
I guess we'll find out who's better at the end of the season right?

:thumbup

thats the point of football. we can sit here and debate all kinds of things, but it really means nothing. it's all about winning, nothing else in the NFL.

LosmanEvansMcGahee
08-24-2005, 03:35 AM
thats the point of football. we can sit here and debate all kinds of things, but it really means nothing. it's all about winning, nothing else in the NFL.
I totally agree.

I don't care about stats I care about winning.

Crank_It_Up
08-24-2005, 09:16 AM

thank you, signed annoyed taxan fanI doubt if many teams are afraid to pass against the Texans. In addition to our awesome pass rush, our secondary was so "good" that they ranked:

- next to last in completed pass percentage (64.9)
- next to last in passing touchdowns (32)
- 24th in passing yards allowed (3615)

luckily, we're equally inept at stopping the run, so don't look for teams to expose our lack of pass defense

bills_phan
08-24-2005, 09:39 AM
luckily, we're equally inept at stopping the run, so don't look for teams to expose our lack of pass defense
That's funny!

Evans Fan
08-24-2005, 09:47 AM
so your assistant coaches have more experience than us? and you have the best offensive line coach in the NFL? you have any proof to back up your theory? and you are young but have a mix of veterans, hmm sounds like most teams in the league, you know sounds like the texans alot. so where's your proof that your defense is better? last year doesn't count because that was last year and last year means nothing in the NFL, the fact is there is no proof until the season begins. oh wait wait, let me throw this in there too. same things were said 2 years ago when we played ya'll.

I won't even get into it with you because you're 16, but talk about being a :homer: . :texflag:

here's a reminderhttp://people.freenet.de/cheimt04/drebuftd.gif and he's only a rookie there

so what if i'm 16 that's truly a dumb comment i know my facts plus AJ did that in the past i thought the past doesn't matter look at lee evans nuber as a rook and imagine what he will do this year against a unproven defense it makes me want to show u ever clip[ of him i have but hey check him out for your self and assitant coaches mean alot in the NFL the more experienced the better they help the coach prepare for a game look at Jim Mcnally he doesn't make offensive linemen better if he doesn't have the experience and you will see Mike williams just destroy the guy on his side cuz he's so big and good i'm not trying to say i don't think the texans have a chance they do but u have to look into the past to see if that will run onmto this year. so AJ beat us ONCE! now Evans will return the favor

Blake
08-24-2005, 10:02 AM
where are all these buffalo fans coming from? i don't think we even get this many colts, jags, titans, or cowboys fans in here. really weird, i think.

It is extremely odd isnt it? I mean they are just poping up by the handful. The funny thing, is that everyone has the bills-goggles on, which gets annoying.

Can we just agree this will be a hard fought game, and the best team will win, without getting into last years stats, and who has the better assistant coaches??

Evans Fan
08-24-2005, 10:09 AM
yeah but doesn't every phase of the game matter and um this is about the season opener plus someone on the bills messanger board told us to go here to see how stypid you guys were yeah so we came

RalphJr
08-24-2005, 10:16 AM
UGH...as a bills fan I will apologize for most of these maroons, they're embarrasing me and I didn't even do anything. Sorry guys, when you get "flyovers" from other boards they tend to be the kind of posters you don't want in the first place. I just came here to pick your brains so I know my opponent better. Believe me, not all bills fans think Houston is "agurentedwinonOpeningdaycuzour assssitentcoacheesarebitterthenyous".

Will be a tough game on both sides no doubt.

Davis37
08-24-2005, 10:28 AM
so what if i'm 16 that's truly a dumb comment i know my facts plus AJ did that in the past i thought the past doesn't matter look at lee evans nuber as a rook and imagine what he will do this year against a unproven defense it makes me want to show u ever clip[ of him i have but hey check him out for your self and assitant coaches mean alot in the NFL the more experienced the better they help the coach prepare for a game look at Jim Mcnally he doesn't make offensive linemen better if he doesn't have the experience and you will see Mike williams just destroy the guy on his side cuz he's so big and good i'm not trying to say i don't think the texans have a chance they do but u have to look into the past to see if that will run onmto this year. so AJ beat us ONCE! now Evans will return the favor

Seriously kid, you need to learn how to use periods... That run on sentence crap makes me not even want to read ur posts. Not that they have anything worth reading in them anyway. Thank you for setting me straight. Buffalo is going to kick our ***es because you guys have better assistant coaches...

shinerbock_girl
08-24-2005, 10:49 AM
UGH...as a bills fan I will apologize for most of these maroons, they're embarrasing me and I didn't even do anything. Sorry guys, when you get "flyovers" from other boards they tend to be the kind of posters you don't want in the first place. I just came here to pick your brains so I know my opponent better. Believe me, not all bills fans think Houston is "agurentedwinonOpeningdaycuzour assssitentcoacheesarebitterthenyous".

I'm on the Bills board also Ralph and talked to some really kool ppl....But all boards have their problems...I just ignore the rude ones and concentrate on the intelligent ones...lol...I think the Bills are definately going to be a challenge for the Texans....Can't wait for the real football season to start....YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!

RalphJr
08-24-2005, 11:23 AM
I'm on the Bills board also Ralph and talked to some really kool ppl....But all boards have their problems...I just ignore the rude ones and concentrate on the intelligent ones...lol...I think the Bills are definately going to be a challenge for the Texans....Can't wait for the real football season to start....YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Yeah, saw you there! Ignoring the rude ones is key. The Bills board has good posters and HORRIBLE posters. You guys seem much more around the midpoint of sanity rather than at either extreme end. You actually seem to have more downers than homers from what i can see. Weird.

God, football is so close...Sept 11 baby! Unbelieveable. Seems like summer just started yesterday and now football is here.

ledzeppelin229
08-24-2005, 11:42 AM
I doubt if many teams are afraid to pass against the Texans. In addition to our awesome pass rush, our secondary was so "good" that they ranked:

- next to last in completed pass percentage (64.9)
- next to last in passing touchdowns (32)
- 24th in passing yards allowed (3615)

Most of that can be attributed to the lack of pass rush. More time = higher %, more touchdowns completed, and more passing yards.

Despite that lack of getting to the QB, the Texans were still 3rd in the AFC with 22 interceptions. Personally I think that means a pretty good secondary.

Blake
08-24-2005, 11:42 AM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/spo/med/2005/08/ipt/1124307753.jpg

The Bills will win because they have duh duh WaterBoy.

p.s. Gatorade is better.

p.p.s. RalphJr is the only bills fan opinion I respect around here.

Kaiser Toro
08-24-2005, 12:07 PM
I have only Losman in highlight reels and his performance, or lack thereof, against UT a number of years ago and there should be cause for concern for Bills fans. Yes McGahee is on the road to being a top notch back, Evans is a stacked burner and the Defense is one of the better units in football. But, to give the ball to a second year player and ask him to lead you to the playoffs may be a bit much to ask. Expect a lot of blitzing this year. Not sure if Mcgahee was a part of the problem last year or WR's gave up on their routes with all those sacks. Yes Bledsoe does hang onto the ball a bit long, but that has been his method of operation for many years.

I think that the Bills are going to be ripe for us. The Texans have performed well on opening days, have instituted personnel on defense that have quickness, added depth and have an offensive core that has been together for a number of years. I do like what I have seen with Carr rolling out so far, just not sure how many options they will build off of it or how Carr wil fare once defesive coordinators know how to defend it. I do believe that this package could be the variable that finally gets our Offense on the consistent track to marked improvement.

RalphJr
08-24-2005, 12:10 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/spo/med/2005/08/ipt/1124307753.jpg

The Bills will win because they have duh duh WaterBoy.

p.s. Gatorade is better.

p.p.s. RalphJr is the only bills fan opinion I respect around here.

LOL, thanks! :woot:

And if you think JP looks like the Waterboy, go check out profootballtalk.com...they have a hilarious picture of JP next to Operaman. Too funny. Weirdest part is I've heard JP say that no one ever really mentioned the resemblance before...yeah right dude.

aj.
08-24-2005, 12:17 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/aj_texans/losman21_bills_1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/aj_texans/waterboy.jpg

RalphJr
08-24-2005, 12:24 PM
I have only Losman in highlight reels and his performance, or lack thereof, against UT a number of years ago and there should be cause for concern for Bills fans. Yes McGahee is on the road to being a top notch back, Evans is a stacked burner and the Defense is one of the better units in football. But, to give the ball to a second year player and ask him to lead you to the playoffs may be a bit much to ask. Expect a lot of blitzing this year. Not sure if Mcgahee was a part of the problem last year or WR's gave up on their routes with all those sacks. Yes Bledsoe does hang onto the ball a bit long, but that has been his method of operation for many years.

LOL, believe it or not man, last year was Drew's least sacked year since 97. Really. So IMO, if we can protect Drew, we can hopefully protect a kid who can actually move. We gameplanned around Drew's deficiencies all of last year, so gameplanning around the rook's isn't much different.

As far as the blitzing, JP practices against one of the fesitiest virtually all blitz D's in the league. Now practice is practice, and a game is a game, certainly, but the kid has to learn on the job sometime. An opener against one of the weakest pass rushes in the league seems custom made to me. (BTW--expect a few blitzes yourself ;) )

I think that the Bills are going to be ripe for us. The Texans have performed well on opening days, have instituted personnel on defense that have quickness, added depth and have an offensive core that has been together for a number of years. I do like what I have seen with Carr rolling out so far, just not sure how many options they will build off of it or how Carr wil fare once defesive coordinators know how to defend it. I do believe that this package could be the variable that finally gets our Offense on the consistent track to marked improvement.

Ripe? I don't know what this means really. Ripe for you how? Your O, other than the line, is pretty nice though. Thing is, can that line protect Carr? If they can, should be one heck of a game.

The Preacher
08-24-2005, 12:51 PM
I have read things saying J.P. is struggling and others saying he is well in command. I haven't seen him play this preseason so which one is it? If he turns out to be solid the Bills could go a long way this year in my opinion and that spells trouble for week 1.

RalphJr
08-24-2005, 01:15 PM
I have read things saying J.P. is struggling and others saying he is well in command. I haven't seen him play this preseason so which one is it? If he turns out to be solid the Bills could go a long way this year in my opinion and that spells trouble for week 1.

Game 1: 19 att for 88 yards
Game 2: 14 att, 59 yards

Couldn't find scrambling stats, but he has about 40 yards in each game I believe with one rushing TD.

He hasn't been anything special, other than some nice scrambling, but then again he hasn't made any big mistakes so far either. No picks in two preseason games. Seems relatively settled in the pocket, and even on the move still looks to throw the ball, as opposed to just tucking and running, although it will take more time before his happy feet go away for good. Development looks to be right on track. As long as he keeps the mistakes in check, Buffalo should be in good shape.

We don't need the guy to be Mike Vick or McNabb. Just run the O efficiently and use his feet occasionally to get that first down that with Drew surely would have been a loss of 6 or 8 yards. The rest of the team will pick up the slack. Believe me, we didn't go 9-7 last year because of Drew!!!

Blake
08-24-2005, 01:24 PM
LOL, believe it or not man, last year was Drew's least sacked year since 97. Really. So IMO, if we can protect Drew, we can hopefully protect a kid who can actually move. We gameplanned around Drew's deficiencies all of last year, so gameplanning around the rook's isn't much different.

As far as the blitzing, JP practices against one of the fesitiest virtually all blitz D's in the league. Now practice is practice, and a game is a game, certainly, but the kid has to learn on the job sometime.

That is an understandable thought, but do you think that Drew practiced against a different D when he was in? I mean, you are saying that JP is practicing against a blitzkrieg, and will be able to stay upright, but on the flip side, Drew practiced against the same D. It just sounds a little biased is all.

RalphJr
08-24-2005, 01:53 PM
That is an understandable thought, but do you think that Drew practiced against a different D when he was in? I mean, you are saying that JP is practicing against a blitzkrieg, and will be able to stay upright, but on the flip side, Drew practiced against the same D. It just sounds a little biased is all.

Well, i am biased a little, i try but even my "bills goggles" slip on now and then, lol.

Here's the difference IMO: JP is learning and finding his way in the NFL. He is an empty vessel waiting to be filled with knowledge, and he has (this is crucial) the physical tools to utilize that knowledge once he (as long as he can) digests it all. JP is on his way UP in the NFL.

Drew is heading in an opposite direction. He's done learning. We gameplanned around this man's deficiencies all of last year. We tried (much like the Cowboys are doing now) to implement screens and dump offs to get the pressure off him...since Drew has no touch, it didn't matter. He constantly overthrew screens. Hell, even a 10 yard pass from Drew comes in at 60mph, the guy is simply all cannon. Anyway, screens and dump offs couldn't help Drew, he couldn't handle them. JP can. That will help the blitz stay back.

Tried to run play action too...ever seen a elephant run with two feet tied together? That elephant is still more nimble than Bledsoe. There were times last year when the man tripped over his own feet. JP can PA.

I could have drawn you a "treasure map" of where DB would be on every passing play last year...five steps back, X marks the spot. Every DE in the league new this, and it was "Sack-o-rama". If he stepped into the pocket, he'd pat the ball. That was his only move. He can't go side to side, and can't even create A LITTLE BIT with his feet. JP can shotgun, 5 step, 7 step, PA, Roll out either side, etc. And DEs won't be able to simply pin their ears back and go once they get burned by Los for 20 yards on a rollout. And that play will make all the difference during the game, as D's will HAVE to respect that ability. With Drew it was all blitz all the time.

This should illustrate how frustrating it is trying to drill Drew...Last year in training camp, we had a freakin' buzzer installed in Drew's helmet that would ring three seconds after the snap, to get him to get rid of the damn ball...it still DIDN'T HELP.

Bottom line is this: Drew is literally the old dog you can't teach a new trick. I respect everything he did in Buffalo to bring us back to respectability (I know that sounds crazy but even Drew was respectable after Rob Johnson) but the bottom line is the man is one thing: A Pure pocket passer with a cannon for an arm. Outside of the perfect situation of a perfect pro bowl O-line with a pro bowl Rb and recievers, that simply isn't enough.

JP has all the physical tools, arm and legs, a good, if cocky, head on his shoulders,and he is learning from Sam Wyche, one of the best coaches in the game. He will get better because he CAN. Drew never did simply because he was UNABLE to, he is what he is at this point in his career. This kind of explains why so many Buffalo fans have very high, and somewhat unrealistic expectations for this season...we really feel like we played last year with a giant handicap named Drew Bledsoe.

EDIT: Oh BTW, i was way off on JPs rushing stats in the other post, he has 55 yards between the two games and one td. That's what happens when you don't look stats up I guess. :tomato:

edo783
08-24-2005, 03:23 PM
Unlike some on this post, I doubt that JP will be much of an issue with turnovers. I doubt the Bills will give him much of a chance to be too wild with the ball. Lots and Lots of Willis will be the flavor of the night. Later in the season I suspect they will lossen up, but for the first game....I don't expect Loseman to be much of a factor one way or the other unless we happen to jump out to a big lead, then they will probably try a more wide open approach. If it is a close game, I would give the nod to the Bills based on their defense.

ATX
08-24-2005, 03:43 PM
JP has all the physical tools, arm and legs, a good, if cocky, head on his shoulders,and he is learning from Sam Wyche, one of the best coaches in the game. He will get better because he CAN. Drew never did simply because he was UNABLE to, he is what he is at this point in his career. This kind of explains why so many Buffalo fans have very high, and somewhat unrealistic expectations for this season...we really feel like we played last year with a giant handicap named Drew Bledsoe.

Alot of QBs have the physical tools to play, but until gameday that really doesn't mean much. Up until this point in his career, he hasn't shown much, granted he hasn't played much, but still my point. i can understand your point of playing with a giant handicap named drew bledsoe, but do you really expect JP not not be somewhat of a handicap being so unexperienced?

LosmanEvansMcGahee
08-24-2005, 04:13 PM
He is in well command. Doesn't make any turnovers and is making things happen with his feet. Wait till week 1 when you see the deep bomb to Evans.

He's gotta cannon, just hasn't shown it off in preseason yet. The thing that I liked so far is his ability to convert third down. 6/8 last year. That's pretty good. Oh, and the Rushing TD, something Drew could never do.

It's gonna be a good game.

the wonger need food
08-24-2005, 07:07 PM
He is in well command. Doesn't make any turnovers and is making things happen with his feet. Wait till week 1 when you see the deep bomb to Evans.

He's gotta cannon, just hasn't shown it off in preseason yet. The thing that I liked so far is his ability to convert third down. 6/8 last year. That's pretty good. Oh, and the Rushing TD, something Drew could never do.

It's gonna be a good game.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4796470

Everyone has noticed the less than stellar play of QB J.P. Losman, Buffalo's young starting quarterback, and that's why veteran Kelly Holcomb, who has a great command of the offense, was signed. Holcomb is great off the bench. ...

ATX
08-24-2005, 08:10 PM
Wait till week 1 when you see the deep bomb to Evans.

So you can read the future now?

rmartin65
08-24-2005, 08:41 PM
So you can read the future now?
you can't? :confused:

ATX
08-24-2005, 08:57 PM
well i clearly can't read the future like this guy can.

Crank_It_Up
08-24-2005, 09:35 PM

It's gonna be a good game.ok, last year JP attempted a whopping total of 5 passes during the regular season, one of them was an interception. I'd be happy to see him continue that 20% interception rate. This year during the preseason, JP is throwing shorter passes, hopefully our defense will adjust and make the picks anyway. I only hope our D puts some pressure on his inexperienced brain with numerous blitzes and fake blitzes... I don't care if the towel boy charges in from the sideline once in a while just to add to the confusion.

I'd take Drew over JP any day at this point in his career, however with more experience under his belt, JP might prove to be worthwhile, but not yet.

LosmanEvansMcGahee
08-25-2005, 02:41 AM
ok, last year JP attempted a whopping total of 5 passes during the regular season, one of them was an interception. I'd be happy to see him continue that 20% interception rate. This year during the preseason, JP is throwing shorter passes, hopefully our defense will adjust and make the picks anyway. I only hope our D puts some pressure on his inexperienced brain with numerous blitzes and fake blitzes... I don't care if the towel boy charges in from the sideline once in a while just to add to the confusion.

I'd take Drew over JP any day at this point in his career, however with more experience under his belt, JP might prove to be worthwhile, but not yet.
Dude, trust me, you would not take Drew Bledsoe. What do you think kept us out of the Playoffs last year?

Oh, and the coaches are calling 'conservative' plays. He hasn't thrown the deep ball yet. They're just letting J.P get used to the speed of the NFL. And, J.P does practice against one the best, if not the best NFL in the game today.

Oh and for the record, Drew averaged over 1 TO per game.

LosmanEvansMcGahee
08-25-2005, 02:47 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4796470

Everyone has noticed the less than stellar play of QB J.P. Losman, Buffalo's young starting quarterback, and that's why veteran Kelly Holcomb, who has a great command of the offense, was signed. Holcomb is great off the bench. ...
Less than Stellar? Well for one thing, we don't need him to play 'stellar', we just need him not to make stupid mistakes. And this preseason, J.P has only fumbled once and has 0 Interceptions. Which is what we need him to do. He is rarely going to have to take us on winning drives and stuff, just not f*ck up and let the rest of the team do the rest.

A lot of you think he needs to be absolutely amazing, but what you don't know is that:

1.) We have arguably the best Defense in the NFL
2.) We have the best Special Teams in the NFL
3.) We have one of the best RB's in the NFL
4.) We have awesome WR's in Eric Moulds in Lee Evans.
5.) We have one of the best Coaching Staff's in the NFL. We have the best Offensive Line Coach in the NFL and last year our HC was a rookie and led us to a 9-7 Record.

That's a verrrry good supporting cast if you ask me.

Good luck on Sept. 11th.

ATX
08-25-2005, 03:30 AM
Less than Stellar? Well for one thing, we don't need him to play 'stellar', we just need him not to make stupid mistakes. And this preseason, J.P has only fumbled once and has 0 Interceptions. Which is what we need him to do. He is rarely going to have to take us on winning drives and stuff, just not f*ck up and let the rest of the team do the rest.

A lot of you think he needs to be absolutely amazing, but what you don't know is that:

1.) We have arguably the best Defense in the NFL
2.) We have the best Special Teams in the NFL
3.) We have one of the best RB's in the NFL
4.) We have awesome WR's in Eric Moulds in Lee Evans.
5.) We have one of the best Coaching Staff's in the NFL. We have the best Offensive Line Coach in the NFL and last year our HC was a rookie and led us to a 9-7 Record.

That's a verrrry good supporting cast if you ask me.

Good luck on Sept. 11th.

maybe you should replace some of the haves with hads. you had one of the best defenses last year, key word had, it's not a given that your defense will be the same as last year. you had one of the best special team returners last year, but once again that was last year. i think your opinion of your coaching staff is so biased, you don't even see it. your WRs are not awesome, they're better than average. your running back is not one of the best RBs in the league. i can name 15 other RBs better than him including your former RB henry. he's had one pretty good season, thats all. when he can put together a few seasons of that, than i'll give him credit. Hell, i could go on the Bills forum and say the same stuff about the texans if i wanted. i'll save my comments until after the game. just don't get your hopes up too high. thats all, the bills may have a great season or they may suck. you just never know until they play real football.

LosmanEvansMcGahee
08-25-2005, 03:44 AM
Hell, i could go on the Bills forum and say the same stuff about the texans if i wanted.
But it wouldn't be true...

ATX
08-25-2005, 04:16 AM
But it wouldn't be true...

and neither is your postings. its all opinion or facts from last year.

LosmanEvansMcGahee
08-25-2005, 04:42 AM
and neither is your postings. its all opinion or facts from last year.
Umm... If the D was #2 last year why would it be any different?

ST is same.

The O is really the only thing that changed and it got better.

RalphJr
08-25-2005, 08:02 AM
Alot of QBs have the physical tools to play, but until gameday that really doesn't mean much. Up until this point in his career, he hasn't shown much, granted he hasn't played much, but still my point. i can understand your point of playing with a giant handicap named drew bledsoe, but do you really expect JP not not be somewhat of a handicap being so unexperienced?

I agree, you gotta do it in a real game, but the bottom line is that JP has the tools to succeed. Drew simply doesn't. He has one tool, his arm.

It's like this: we (or I would anyway, lol, there are still Drew supporters) would rather tolerate the bone headed mistakes of a rookie than the equally (Watch the games if you don't believe me) boneheaded mistakes of a twelve year vet. I agree that starting a rookie is also a handicap...but it is in a totally different mold. The handicap with Losman is inexperience. The handicap with Bledsoe is incompetence. Easy pick IMO. At least Losman has more positives to outweigh that handicap than just a cannon for an arm like Drew.

ATX
08-25-2005, 11:07 AM

ST is same.

Once again, because last year doesn't count. Coaches around the league know that last year you had a good defense, so did it occur to you that maybe they adjust and gameplan differently. Did it occur to you, that you don't play the exact same teams as the year before? As for special teams, just because a return man had X returns doesn't mean, he's going to have Xreturns this year.

As for the Offense being better, how do you know its better? you have to let the season begin and play games before you know that.

Blake
08-25-2005, 11:10 AM
Once again, because last year doesn't count. Coaches around the league know that last year you had a good defense, so did it occur to you that maybe they adjust and gameplan differently. Did it occur to you, that you don't play the exact same teams as the year before? As for special teams, just because a return man had X returns doesn't mean, he's going to have Xreturns this year.

As for the Offense being better, how do you know its better? you have to let the season begin and play games before you know that.

You are just feeding the fire ATX. This guy isnt really listening to you, and your points, but merely regurgitating his bills stat book verbatim. :blah:

Evans Fan
08-25-2005, 12:53 PM

Did i say we would win because of the assitant coaches moron? u should talk trying to act suprior all i said we have a better staff if not that then why have asstitant coaches ***** u really piss me off for being a bills fan u know iu don't think u are a tru bills fan. houston has a good team but they have a lot of weakness in their defense like their linebackers GRR. just shut up ralph jr. i'm sorry but guys like u make me ashamed to be a bills fan . Truly college kids are stupid from here

Evans Fan
08-25-2005, 12:55 PM
You are just feeding the fire ATX. This guy isnt really listening to you, and your points, but merely regurgitating his bills stat book verbatim. :blah:

okay then why do people say the patriots are good or the steelers if u don't count stats from last year? the texans and bills have to be judged by the past or their would be no conversation here wish Vinny was here to say something about this

Blake
08-25-2005, 01:06 PM
okay then why do people say the patriots are good or the steelers if u don't count stats from last year? the texans and bills have to be judged by the past or their would be no conversation here wish Vinny was here to say something about this

Shouldnt you be in 5th period?

Listen EVANS FAN,

If you dont want to get his point, you dont have to. He is saying the outcome of this game cant be predicted merely on satistics from last year. And that is all. But you guys keep coming back with, "#2 in defense, #1 in ST" over and over.

titan hater
08-25-2005, 01:28 PM

Listen EVANS FAN,

If you dont want to get his point, you dont have to. He is saying the outcome of this game cant be predicted merely on satistics from last year. And that is all. But you guys keep coming back with, "#2 in defense, #1 in ST" over and over.

Don't feed the trolls DCRock...Its not worth your time. Bill fans are over on thier message board predicting a SB! Those guys are worse then JagOff fan...

CAbills
08-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Please dont lump one fans opinion into a group of us all. Generalizations are a bad bad thing. :cool:

Doug
08-25-2005, 05:57 PM

ST is same.

Why would a team go to the Super Bowl one year and have a losing record the next?

TexansTrueFan
08-25-2005, 06:03 PM
let bills fans have some hope, its all they have left !!!!!

ATX
08-26-2005, 02:21 AM
Why would a team go to the Super Bowl one year and have a losing record the next?

I don't know, but maybe the raiders or bucs can help you answer that.

Evans Fan
08-26-2005, 10:38 AM

Listen EVANS FAN,

then why do u bring up what aj did to us as a rookie and what davis did last year and what your defense did last year? Shouldn't u u be finishing your theisis? JK :) Anyway what do u want to judge this game on? the players on each team? I really don't see how u can not base the outcome of the game on stats or maybe u want to base it on what yeah team has done in the preseason . I don't know all i kno is what both teams did last year. Plus I don't think the Bills will make it to the SB to the playoffs sure but that's it.

Evans Fan
08-26-2005, 10:40 AM
let bills fans have some hope, its all they have left !!!!!

it's more than u guys have with that defense of yours.

Austin_Texans_Fan
08-26-2005, 10:59 AM

blah, blah, blah.... :listening

RalphJr
08-26-2005, 11:52 AM
LOL, DC rock and all you guys are right, but without stats and last year we'd have nothing to talk about. That would be pretty boring.

Doug
08-26-2005, 03:27 PM
I don't know, but maybe the raiders or bucs can help you answer that.
Cool, It was a question to "LosmanEvansMcgahee" with a little sarcasm behind it. He had asked "If the D was #2 last year why would it be any different?".

TEXANS84
08-26-2005, 03:33 PM
We also have a team that throws "our defense is one of the best in the leauge" cards at us all the time.

And what do we do? Beat them in both games by a combined score of 41-6.

TheOgre
08-26-2005, 03:43 PM
Yep Bill's fans ought to be greatful to us. You were able to control your own destiny going into the last game of the season thanks to the Texans (week 16 win over the Jags). It isn't our fault that you got beat by the Steelers 2nd and 3rd stringers to deny you a playoff bid.

ATX
08-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Cool, It was a question to "LosmanEvansMcgahee" with a little sarcasm behind it. He had asked "If the D was #2 last year why would it be any different?".

yeah i know, i just put that up in hopes he would read that and think. but i highly doubt he'll ever do that.

rmartin65
08-26-2005, 04:25 PM
yeah i know, i just put that up in hopes he would read that and think. but i highly doubt he'll ever do that.
some people have no touch with reality...

Davis37
08-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Yep Bill's fans ought to be greatful to us. You were able to control your own destiny going into the last game of the season thanks to the Texans (week 16 win over the Jags). It isn't our fault that you got beat by the Steelers 2nd and 3rd stringers to deny you a playoff bid.

lol. burn

WWJD
08-26-2005, 10:12 PM
I'll reserve my opinion till the season starts. I haven't watched one second of any Bills games and probably won't but the media coverage will increase as the game gets closer and I'd like to see what kind of team they are predicted to have.

Davis37
08-26-2005, 11:03 PM
I just saw the SportsCenter highlights of the Bills/Bears game. Not sure of the final score or how many points the backups scored but I believe the Bills only scored 13 points (against the BEARS def)... Even with a good def, I dont think 13 points is going to cut it against most teams. :tv:

stephen1
08-26-2005, 11:21 PM
I just saw the SportsCenter highlights of the Bills/Bears game. Not sure of the final score or how many points the backups scored but I believe the Bills only scored 13 points (against the BEARS def)... Even with a good def, I dont think 13 points is going to cut it against most teams. :tv:

its just a meaningless preseason game. dont be shocked if they put up 30 on us

Davis37
08-26-2005, 11:33 PM

Even though it is a preseason game, the 3rd game is when its time to see what ur teams can do (w/o having any injuries). Like I said, I didnt get to watch the game but they didnt put up many points against the Bears def. I also noticed to the stats ticker that Mcgahee (sp?) rushed 21 times for only 61 yards. Im not sure that's the exact stat but it was very low for 21 rushes.

HJam72
08-26-2005, 11:33 PM

Fire Fangio!!! :tomato:

RalphJr
08-27-2005, 07:07 AM

Not like it's an excuse for losing to Pitts 2nd string, but in that last week we DIDN'T actually control our own destiny. We had to win and the Jets had to lose. Once the Jets saw on their scoreboard that we weren't going to beat pittsburgh they basically tanked the game. They didn't TRY to lose, but they didn't try to WIN either. So who knows?

BTW, i think all this was happening while the Browns was taking you to school. So to bust on us for losing to Pitts second string...please.

Big B Texan Fan
08-27-2005, 08:26 AM
Not like it's an excuse for losing to Pitts 2nd string, but in that last week we DIDN'T actually control our own destiny. We had to win and the Jets had to lose. Once the Jets saw on their scoreboard that we weren't going to beat pittsburgh they basically tanked the game. They didn't TRY to lose, but they didn't try to WIN either. So who knows?

BTW, i think all this was happening while the Browns was taking you to school. So to bust on us for losing to Pitts second string...please.
Bottom line, you guys were in a playoff situation and we were not. All this talk about the jets tanking their game is irrelevant cuz you should win yours 1st and hope the rest comes out in the wash.

Let me guess, you're one of the ones who thinks your team is gonna beat ours? Hate to break the bad news to ya but it ain't goin' down like that.

RalphJr
08-27-2005, 08:33 AM
Bottom line, you guys were in a playoff situation and we were not. All this talk about the jets tanking their game is irrelevant cuz you should win yours 1st and hope the rest comes out in the wash.

Let me guess, you're one of the ones who thinks your team is gonna beat ours? Hate to break the bad news to ya but it ain't goin' down like that.

I absolutely agree, we should have taken care of our business no matter what. No argument there.

But this talk about the Jets is NOT irrelevant because the previous posters said that thanks to you guys beating the Jags, we controlled our own destiny, which was WRONG. All I was doing was pointing that out. Read the post buddy. I said no excuses, just pointing out an error.

BTW, What does being in a playoff sit. or not have to do with anything? Were you guys dogging it to the browns because you were ALREADY out of contention? PLEASE. We both know our respective teams should have won those games, I'm just giving as good as i get. We blew it against the Pitts 2nd string, you blew it against the BROWNS. Winning is still the reason we play the game even if playoffs are already out of reach, yes?

And yes, great guess Nostradamus, i do believe my team will win Sept 11. I also believe it will be a close and hard fought game that could easily go either way, especially on opening day. Thanks for breaking the bad news to me though, would you mind giving me next weeks lotto numbers too Crescan? LMFAO!

Evans Fan
08-27-2005, 07:34 PM
Tru we totally blew that pitt game well actully Lindell blew it then Bledsoe tanked on us too. Plus the bears gam really showed me that Losman could move well he escaped so many players grasps it wasn't even funny and when he ran he didn't do a vick where he say I'll do this myself. He looked for recievers on the run and found them. That was what really impressed me. He did it against the bears which has urlacher and fast d ends so imagine what he can do against a little slower d.

LosmanEvansMcGahee
08-27-2005, 11:49 PM
:wacko:

ATX
08-28-2005, 03:10 AM
Plus the bears gam really showed me that Losman could move well he escaped so many players grasps it wasn't even funny and when he ran he didn't do a vick where he say I'll do this myself. He looked for recievers on the run and found them. That was what really impressed me. He did it against the bears which has urlacher and fast d ends so imagine what he can do against a little slower d.

Ok, thats it. Losman is God, screw ditka and do bearss. The bears suck, imagine what he can do against a real NFL team.

Evans Fan
08-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Ok, thats it. Losman is God, screw ditka and do bearss. The bears suck, imagine what he can do against a real NFL team.

the bears d is really good. last time i checked Urlacher was one of the game's best LB's and Oginleye was on of the best DE's and Tommy Harris is an emerging defensive star. Mike Brown is a really good safety and Charles Tillman is a good young Corner (just ask Randy Moss.) but u would kno that if u watched the NFL and payed attention to other teams in the NFL cuz they matter to. And all i said was losman had a good game with his feet and he found recievers on the run against a good d. McGahee had a little trouble but then got good gains. U guys on the other hand totally got creamed by roy williams. U don't mess with that dude cuz he will hurt u. Bruener knows now about that and so do others on your d. Milloy is also like that by the way

TexansTrueFan
08-28-2005, 07:08 PM

ok the texans win on opening day, simple as that, the end of story.

MrLizardTX
08-28-2005, 10:47 PM
Texans 23
Bills 21

mancunian
08-29-2005, 10:28 AM
low scoring game, Texans win it late on 13 - 10

bills_phan
08-29-2005, 01:57 PM
OK, I'll post my prediction (which none of you will like):

Houston 10
Buffalo 33

Texas
08-29-2005, 02:06 PM
Lets get real here. It does not matter what we did 2 years ago. I beleive at some point the preseason does matter in order to predict the 1st regular season game. If Carr Johnson and Davis got injured we'd be in some trouble? Who's to say although unlikely that wont happen? It's always good to look at what could fall through. However if we stay seemingly injury free then I beleive we will win this game 17-14 (Texans).

ATX
08-29-2005, 02:08 PM
the bears d is really good. last time i checked Urlacher was one of the game's best LB's and Oginleye was on of the best DE's and Tommy Harris is an emerging defensive star. Mike Brown is a really good safety and Charles Tillman is a good young Corner (just ask Randy Moss.) but u would kno that if u watched the NFL and payed attention to other teams in the NFL cuz they matter to. And all i said was losman had a good game with his feet and he found recievers on the run against a good d. McGahee had a little trouble but then got good gains. U guys on the other hand totally got creamed by roy williams. U don't mess with that dude cuz he will hurt u. Bruener knows now about that and so do others on your d. Milloy is also like that by the way

Texans played that bears defense last year and destroyed them. granted urlacher wasn't playing, but their D looked terrible. Urlacher is really overrated.

ATX
08-29-2005, 02:09 PM
OK, I'll post my prediction (which none of you will like):

Houston 10
Buffalo 33

How do you see Buffalo's Offesne putting up 33 with a QB starting his first game. Let's get real here. Most likely a low scoring game.

I'm going 13-7 Texans

bills_phan
08-29-2005, 02:20 PM
How do you see Buffalo's Offesne putting up 33 with a QB starting his first game. Let's get real here. Most likely a low scoring game.

I'm going 13-7 Texans
No more ridiculous than some of the other predictions I've read here. The preseason is the preseason, but I don't think the Texans defense is all that good - especiall the run defense. Also, with your offensive line, I'd give the Bills a better chance of scoring 33 than I would the Texans scoring 13. Maybe I'm just being a homer.

Is Dominik Davis hurt?

ATX
08-29-2005, 02:30 PM
No more ridiculous than some of the other predictions I've read here. The preseason is the preseason, but I don't think the Texans defense is all that good - especiall the run defense. Also, with your offensive line, I'd give the Bills a better chance of scoring 33 than I would the Texans scoring 13. Maybe I'm just being a homer.

Is Dominik Davis hurt?

True, lots of ridiculous predictions here from both sides. Texans Defense is a big question mark. But even if it's not top 15, i don't see Buffalo scoring 33 on us. Our Oline isn't as bad as most on here make it out to be. They run block exceptionally well, they weakness has been pass blocking, but then again Carr has only been sacked once in preseason and one could argue if it even was a sack, looked like he made it back to the Line of Scrimage. Davis isn't hurt bad, he'll be ready for opening day.

Once again though, no way Buffalo puts up 33 on us. Indy killed our Defense last year for 41 i believe, but that was with 2 slower ILBs, who are now gone. I'd dare Losman to throw it as much as Manning did.

Evans Fan
08-29-2005, 03:56 PM
True, lots of ridiculous predictions here from both sides. Texans Defense is a big question mark. But even if it's not top 15, i don't see Buffalo scoring 33 on us. Our Oline isn't as bad as most on here make it out to be. They run block exceptionally well, they weakness has been pass blocking, but then again Carr has only been sacked once in preseason and one could argue if it even was a sack, looked like he made it back to the Line of Scrimage. Davis isn't hurt bad, he'll be ready for opening day.

Once again though, no way Buffalo puts up 33 on us. Indy killed our Defense last year for 41 i believe, but that was with 2 slower ILBs, who are now gone. I'd dare Losman to throw it as much as Manning did.

no but 28 will be enough

New Jersey Texan Fan
08-29-2005, 06:17 PM
I think the Bills will have a very good defense this year but their O sucks. Look for a low scoring affair. Texans 13-10!

b-lo55
08-29-2005, 10:20 PM
Bills fan here....even i know the Bills will not put up 33 on the Texans, my prediction 21-10 Bills look for a score for the Defense,ST, and offense of the Bills

ATX
08-31-2005, 03:08 AM
Bills fan here....even i know the Bills will not put up 33 on the Texans, my prediction 21-10 Bills look for a score for the Defense,ST, and offense of the Bills

Well atleast some Bills fans are in reality here. Even though i don't agree that the Bills will win, atleast you have a good argument. I'll admit, i'm quite the Homer, I love the Texans, the Texans are moving up, not down like alot of other teams in the league. But this is what I think it comes down to. Can Mcgahee run the ball against the Texans, if he can't I believe the Bills will not win. If Mcgahee can run the ball well, they have good chance of winning.

Davis37
08-31-2005, 06:04 AM
Well atleast some Bills fans are in reality here. Even though i don't agree that the Bills will win, atleast you have a good argument. I'll admit, i'm quite the Homer, I love the Texans, the Texans are moving up, not down like alot of other teams in the league. But this is what I think it comes down to. Can Mcgahee run the ball against the Texans, if he can't I believe the Bills will not win. If Mcgahee can run the ball well, they have good chance of winning.

i think the same thing. If we can make Losman have to throw alot, we will most likely win IMO. If we cant stop Mcgahee can move the chains down the field, we will lose.

Evans Fan
08-31-2005, 01:02 PM
No way cuz carr will be knockedout of the game again by posey u guys don't have a great line and we like to blitz and have guys who bring it so carr will get injuried again

infantrycak
08-31-2005, 01:13 PM
No way cuz carr will be knockedout of the game again by posey u guys don't have a great line and we like to blitz and have guys who bring it so carr will get injuried again

Yeah, cuz Posey and his big bad 1 sack from last year are soooo scary.

Exascor
08-31-2005, 02:36 PM
No way cuz carr will be knockedout of the game again by posey u guys don't have a great line and we like to blitz and have guys who bring it so carr will get injuried againI suppose you should hope that Carr gets knocked out of the game since it's the only way the Bill's can win. Weakest thing any fan can do is wish for an injury to their opponent.

ATX
08-31-2005, 02:45 PM

You are officially a Troll. That's just sad dude, wishing an injury upon a player, your arguments are hereby declared worthless. Will one of the Bills fans step up and shame this guy?

Evans Fan
08-31-2005, 02:48 PM
I suppose you should hope that Carr gets knocked out of the game since it's the only way the Bill's can win. Weakest thing any fan can do is wish for an injury to their opponent.

No i think carr is injury prone so that could happen against us and even if he palyed we'd win cuz we have weapons in every aspect of the game

Evans Fan
08-31-2005, 02:49 PM
I did not wish injury on carr al i'm saying is i think ge'll get hurt

wags
08-31-2005, 02:54 PM
No i think carr is injury prone

That's the last thing Carr is.

Evans Fan
08-31-2005, 03:00 PM
i don't kno carr took althose sacks and u will get injured my opinion

El Tejano
08-31-2005, 03:19 PM
But then Banks would come in help us beat you 12-10.

GoPats
08-31-2005, 03:25 PM
This reminds me of "Da Bearss" skit on SNL.

Texans 63, Bills 0.

ojthecat
08-31-2005, 03:35 PM
This reminds me of "Da Bearss" skit on SNL.

Texans 63, Bills 0.

Texans 77 Bills Negative 3

b-lo55
08-31-2005, 05:06 PM

I agree but i believe it will also come down to how well Carr and the Texan Defense handle the numerous blitz packages Jerry Gray and the Bills "D" throw him. The bills blitz and then blitz some more.......watching Carr in the preseason so far i'm not too impressed w how he handles the rush.....this is another reason i believe the bills will win

OzzO
08-31-2005, 05:11 PM
I did not wish injury on carr al i'm saying is i think ge'll get hurt

:confused: ummm...... yeah.

b-lo55
08-31-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy

I agree but i believe it will also come down to how well Carr and the Texan Defense handle the numerous blitz packages Jerry Gray and the Bills "D" throw him. The bills blitz and then blitz some more.......watching Carr in the preseason so far i'm not too impressed w how he handles the rush.....this is another reason i believe the bills will win

rmartin65
08-31-2005, 05:31 PM
i think it will be a close game. 21-17 Texans.

ATX
08-31-2005, 05:53 PM

Just in case you didn't know. Dom Capers is known for the blitz and his blitz packages. Carr will and has seen plenty of blitzing schemes in practice, I think he'll be alright. Did you watch the first 2 games, Carr looked great, he even audibled at the line a few times because of potential blitzes. I don't think you really watched Carr that much. Just think you're saying that because if you had, you'd see he has handled the rush well.

ATX
08-31-2005, 05:57 PM
No i think carr is injury prone so that could happen against us and even if he palyed we'd win cuz we have weapons in every aspect of the game

How is Carr injury prone? First year, sacked all those times, no injury. Last year, sacked alot, no major injuries. The second year he got hurt, he was only sacked 16 times. That was just freak incident, he fell the wrong way on his shoulder, it could happen to anybody. He's far from injury prone. That's just ridiculous.

ATX
08-31-2005, 05:58 PM
Capers 70
Bills -10

That's my final score

touttail
09-01-2005, 10:18 AM
A 17-10 win by the Texans.

Bobby 119C

Evans Fan
09-01-2005, 03:34 PM
come on the the texans won't beat the bills we are much better than that moulds Mcgahee, evans they are amazing plus our tightends are decent

Blake
09-01-2005, 03:45 PM
come on the the texans won't beat the bills we are much better than that moulds Mcgahee, evans they are amazing plus our tightends are decent

Hey Evans Fan, give it a rest will ya? Stop with the "We have, Name1, Name2, Name3, Name4!!"

Make your prediction, and leave it at that. Then you can come back and talk about them.

Im just getting d@mn sick of you, and your dum-b posts.

Evans Fan
09-01-2005, 04:13 PM
why do i listen to u i can have an opinion can't I?

Blake
09-01-2005, 04:29 PM
why do i listen to u i can have an opinion can't I?

That's another thing. You have horrible grammar. I mean this is your 60th post, and you still refuse to use capital letters, periods, commas, and complete sentences.

I'm not trying to be a message board nazi, but your posts are just horrible.

P.S. Come on. The the Bills won't beat the Texans. We are much better than that. Johnson, Davis, Carr, they are amazing. Plus our tightends are decent.

b-lo55
09-01-2005, 05:44 PM
That's another thing. You have horrible grammar. I mean this is your 60th post, and you still refuse to use capital letters, periods, commas, and complete sentences.

I'm not trying to be a message board nazi, but your posts are just horrible.

P.S. Come on. The the Bills won't beat the Texans. We are much better than that. Johnson, Davis, Carr, they are amazing. Plus our tightends are decent.

Yeah i'm a Bills fan and Evansfan is acting childish, that may be it though maybe he's a kid whos excited. It is also comical to say "we have so and so" we all know football for the most part is a team sport, I believe with that being said the Buffalo D will be too strong for Houston........But I do see you guys in a fight for a wildcard spot, with the jags,bills, and jets. That is why opening day is so important and we have the 12th man there.

RalphJr
09-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Just in case you didn't know. Dom Capers is known for the blitz and his blitz packages. Carr will and has seen plenty of blitzing schemes in practice, I think he'll be alright. Did you watch the first 2 games, Carr looked great, he even audibled at the line a few times because of potential blitzes. I don't think you really watched Carr that much. Just think you're saying that because if you had, you'd see he has handled the rush well.

Making it pretty interesting that your guys pass rush is weak, you have perennially been in the bottom of the league in sacks and hurries. Last year you were 26th? Maybe worse?

Carr hasn't faced anything like he'll face Sept. 11.

Secondy, evans fan....relax dude. And you could spell better. They might take you more seriously.

BTW, right now you houston guys are all in the preseason thread freaking cuz you look horrible...as happy as that makes me, even I'll admit it's only preseason. Relax. Regular season is totally different. Every team has fugly games.

lucky13
09-02-2005, 04:59 AM
ralph-

you can't come to bush's adopted home state and expect people to spell.

my prediction is bills 24-5.

TEXANS84
09-02-2005, 10:11 AM
ralph-

you can't come to bush's adopted home state and expect people to spell.

my prediction is bills 24-5.

What team are you a fan of exactly? After doing a thread search under your name, your last 15 posts indicate that you need to get some help and lighten up a little bit.

WillisXPress
09-02-2005, 11:50 AM
I know, I know we have a rookie QB.

Don't matter.

The fact is the Houston Texans have, quite possibly, the weakest O-Line in the NFL. Our defense is a uncontrolable, destructive machine and young Mr Carr, and Mr Davis don't stand a chance.

You will see alot of very safe passes from Losman, who you will try to Blitz because of his inexperiance.... This blitzing will be your downfall at the hands of Willis McGahee.....

Keep in mind, this isn't smack, this is fact.

Our special teams is very, very good.

Our D is nasty.

Our offense has questions, but your D is a perfect game for Losman to get his feet wet.

Predictions:

Losman 10/18 175 yards 1 TD 1 INT

McGahee 25 rushes 145 yards 2 TD

Final Score Buffalo-31 Houston-10

TEXANS84
09-02-2005, 11:53 AM
How many fingers do you have?

Diehardtexan
09-02-2005, 11:58 AM
How many fingers do you have?
That means he has to get his hand out of his *** and smell it first before he can count how many fingers he has, then he will reach three before his medications kick in ....too much work you can forget that..

rocka21
09-02-2005, 11:59 AM
thats what they said when we went and beat the stealers, chiefs, and don't forget them Jags. All at there HOUSE!

gr8slayer
09-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Oh you girls are so hostile. I cannot believe that my fellow Texans are such panty waists.

gr8slayer
09-02-2005, 12:02 PM
thats what they said when we went and beat the stealers, chiefs, and don't forget them Jags. All at there HOUSE!
The Stealers huh? Who are they?

WillisXPress
09-02-2005, 12:05 PM

I really don't think you know what you're in for...

Your D is not good enough to stop our O all the time...

But thats not the problem.... Its your O-Line... Its bad. Our D blitzes with a fury you haven't seen, Carr will be very, very lucky to finish the game, he will be on his *** quite a bit.

Andre Johnson is a very talented WR, and Carr is going to try and get him the ball, but Nate Clements is arguably the best, most definatly top 3, CB in the league... he will be all over Andre.

Carr will force the ball to Johnson under the intense pressure from our relentless Blitz packages. Nate will step in front of the forced pass, and will take it back....pick 6.

Mark my words, you will watch Nate Clements dancing in your endzone on 9/11/2005.

Youngstown Colt
09-02-2005, 12:07 PM
this is a lot of talk from a team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs in a long time.

Well, you did sniff them last year, but then the Steelers backups knocked you out of the playoff race.

WillisXPress
09-02-2005, 12:07 PM
David Car in the preseaon:

1 TD, 4 INT's Qb Rating of 23.3

I know its only preseason, but that is just being careless with the football.

If you are careless with the football against the Bills D, in Buffalo we WILL TAKE IT from you.

It was Carrs, now it is TKO's

BTW: Nate is a really good dancer.

gr8slayer
09-02-2005, 12:09 PM
this is a lot of talk from a team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs in a long time.

Well, you did sniff them last year, but then the Steelers backups knocked you out of the playoff race.
Hey good job beating the Pats the past two? three? years.

Bubbajwp
09-02-2005, 12:10 PM
You will see alot of very safe passes from Losman, who you will try to Blitz because of his inexperiance.... This blitzing will be your downfall at the hands of Willis McGahee..... what makes you think that. All the Texans have to do is take the ball out of McGahee's hands by puting eight in the box. Then we get to :tv: JP throw Int after Int to Pbuch and Drob. :drool:
I cant wait should be a good game

profan
What happened the last time we came to Buffalo. You had a good defense, our offense was not as good then, your offense is about the same. I believe we won that game. You have good reason to think you will win the home opener, but 31-10. Give me a break! Your defense will have to score some points to post a score like that and i don't see it happening. Time will tell.

gr8slayer
Football is on man!!!!!! I love it......

Run Mr. Losman!! RUN!!! Babin and Peek will absolutely decimate this little PUNK!

:tv: :tv:
Babin and Peek are a joke, I have seen them play twice in person this preseason. They need to get alot better before they can even be in the same sentence with Spikes and Fletcher.

gr8slayer
09-02-2005, 12:11 PM
what makes you think that. All the Texans have to do is take the ball out of McGahee's hands by puting eight in the box. Then we get to :tv: JP throw Int after Int to Pbuch and Drob. :drool:
It will no doubt be a good game but some of these people on the board are making it sound like you have already won. We have the second best Defense, and the number one ST's, and a top five runner. I dont see it as being won at all.

Errant Hothy
09-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Hey good job beating the Pats the past two? three? years.

Knowing whats coming next, I'll say this anyways.

He buddy, nice Superbowl record ya got there. How many more titles do y'all have verses the Texans?

Youngstown Colt
Hey good job beating the Pats the past two? three? years.Gotta get into the playoffs to lose in them, remember that.

Youngstown Colt

He buddy, nice Superbowl record ya got there. How many more titles do y'all have verses the Texans?Haha, I thought I'd leave that one to you guys.

WillisXPress
09-02-2005, 12:13 PM
what makes you think that. All the Texans have to do is take the ball out of McGahee's hands by puting eight in the box. Then we get to :tv: JP throw Int after Int to Pbuch and Drob. :drool:

McGahee had 8 in the box all year last season.....

Losman hasn't thrown an INT the whole preseason thus far.

JP is carefull

David is careless.

Besides, think about this rationally:

QB: Texans (b/c of experiance only, Carr is a hack)
RB: Bills
FB: Bills
OL: Bills
WR: Bills (Andre is the best, our unit is better than yours)
TE: wash

DL: Bills
LB: Bills
DB: Bills
ST: Bills

refute any of that. I dare you

gr8slayer
09-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Gotta get into the playoffs to lose in them, remember that.
No, you lost to them in the regular season too.

gr8slayer
09-02-2005, 12:14 PM

He buddy, nice Superbowl record ya got there. How many more titles do y'all have verses the Texans?
You mean the Texans/Oilers. At least we got to the SB.

Youngstown Colt
09-02-2005, 12:15 PM
No, you lost to them in the regular season too.Sometimes I forget there is a regular season.

But that's where the Bills seem to live these days, so obviously regular season successes and failures are pretty important to you.

Just remember, you're allowed to play in the playoffs, it's just that sometimes teams put their second stringers in your way.

WillisXPress
09-02-2005, 12:16 PM
What happened the last time we came to Buffalo. You had a good defense, our offense was not as good then, your offense is about the same. I believe we won that game. You have good reason to think you will win the home opener, but 31-10. Give me a break! Your defense will have to score some points to post a score like that and i don't see it happening. Time will tell.

Our defense scored tons of points last year.

Errant Hothy
09-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Last time I checked, neither team has won one. I don't hear any other temas talking bout getting to Superbowls and not winning them, will except teh Bill's fans. Is finishing second really that satisfying?

gr8slayer
09-02-2005, 12:17 PM
Sometimes I forget there is a regular season.

But that's where the Bills seem to live these days, so obviously regular season successes and failures are pretty important to you.

Just remember, you're allowed to play in the playoffs, it's just that sometimes teams put their second stringers in your way.
You wouldnt last a second in a real division like the AFCE. Thankfully for you, there is no competition in that sorry division.

gr8slayer
09-02-2005, 12:18 PM
Last time I checked, neither team has won one. I don't hear any other temas talking bout getting to Superbowls and not winning them, will except teh Bill's fans. Is finishing second really that satisfying?
Wow, the educational system there in Keller not too good huh?

Exascor
09-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Wow! Who'd a thunk it! 2 more buffalo turds have floated into the Texans message boards? Thanks for contributing as much as EvansFan guys! Hail to WillisXPress and gr8slayer!

Good luck on 9/11 and may neither team suffer any injuries.

OzzO
09-02-2005, 12:20 PM
...The fact is the Houston Texans have, quite possibly, the weakest O-Line in the NFL. Our defense is a uncontrolable, destructive machine and young Mr Carr, and Mr Davis don't stand a chance.

....Our offense has questions, but your D is a perfect game for Losman to get his feet wet. ....

So, basically - you're offense and defense is awesome in comparison to our defense and offense which is pathetic. Can someone get Capers on the phone and just let him know we should forfeit the first game... the Bills are just too powerful. :rolleyes:

If you are careless with the football against the Bills D, in Buffalo we WILL TAKE IT from you.

Doesn't that apply to any game played by two opposing teams?

Regardless, good predictions. I see one more INT and a few less yards for McGahee as we can hold the run pretty well it seems this season... yeah, with a few scampers that make one say WTF.

I think we'll match pretty well as long as Carr can stop locking his target right out the gate. I'm looking for a close game, not the blowout you're expecting.

gr8slayer
09-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Wow! Who'd a thunk it! 2 more buffalo turds have floated into the Texans message boards? Thanks for contributing as much as EvansFan guys! Hail to WillisXPress and gr8slayer!

Good luck on 9/11 and may neither team suffer any injuries.
Hey, Ive been a member here for a while!

texasguy346
09-02-2005, 12:21 PM

Trying to avoid actually countering his argument? Guess the Bills fans have a propensity for not quite having enough to finish too.

WillisXPress
Listen guys, I don't really dislike your team...

i think davis is very talented, and andre johnson will be a top 5 WR in the league eventually...

But this particular matchup is perfect for the Bills...

Agressive, dominating defense against a very pourous O-Line....

Sorry, Bills in a landslide.

Bubbajwp
No, you lost to them in the regular season too. He meant that you have to make the playoffs to loose in them. Not you have to make the playoffs to loose to the patriots.

gr8slayer
09-02-2005, 12:22 PM
So, basically - you're offense and defense is awesome in comparison to our defense and offense which is pathetic. Can someone get Capers on the phone and just let him know we should forfeit the first game... the Bills are just too powerful. :rolleyes:

Doesn't that apply to any game played by two opposing teams?

Regardless, good predictions. I see one more INT and a few less yards for McGahee as we can hold the run pretty well it seems this season... yeah, with a few scampers that make one say WTF.

I think we'll match pretty well as long as Carr can stop locking his target right out the gate. I'm looking for a close game, not the blowout you're expecting.
I might agree with you all on all counts had I not seen the Texans play live twice this preseason. There is no intensity on the team and Carr is the most pathetic excuse of a first pick over all Ive seen in quite sometime. Now is that because the OL is just that bad or is he just that bad?

Errant Hothy
09-02-2005, 12:23 PM

No it's pretty good, but unlike you I don't type message baord posts for a living; leading to the crappy nature of my touch-type. But one day, maybe if I work hard enough, I can lose my job, lurk in amessage baord for a living and type real pretty, like you.

Oh, and another thing. Are you running out of smack that you have to pick on people's typing skills?

TEXANS84
09-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Sorry, Bills in a landslide.
Serious question, how many fingers do you have?

gr8slayer
09-02-2005, 12:26 PM
No it's pretty good, but unlike you I don't type message baord posts for a living; leading to the crappy nature of my touch-type. But one day, maybe if I work hard enough, I can lose my job, lurk in amessage baord for a living and type real pretty, like you.

Oh, and another thing. Are you running out of smack that you have to pick on people's typing skills?
Living on a message board? I have 28 posts you have over 600. Get a life.

There is no smack to talk.

Us = Number two Defense, number one ST's, third best TO ratio, top five scoring Defense, top five RB.

Texans = None of the above.

Exascor
09-02-2005, 12:26 PM
Wow, the educational system there in Keller not too good huh?Sad that you had to resort to nitpicking but since you did: Buffalo's finest EvansFan has completely impressed us with his knowledge of the English language. Must make Buffalo proud! (I don't care if you live in Dallas either) Evans Fan's Finest work! (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?p=157290#post157290)

gr8slayer
09-02-2005, 12:28 PM
For the record, since we will most likely be banned soon. If you all wish to continue this and give your opinions on the Bills feel free to visit www.BuffaloRange.com. We welcome you.

Ok back to smack talk

WillisXPress
09-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Serious question, how many fingers do you have?

Which is how many points your Texans will put up in a 31 - 10 loss to the Bills.

gr8slayer
09-02-2005, 12:29 PM
Sad that you had to resort to nitpicking
Goodness, is all of Houston a bunch of panty waists?

Errant Hothy
09-02-2005, 12:30 PM
Living on a message board? I have 28 posts you have over 600. Get a life.

Yes, but this the message board of my team. You know, the one I'ma fan of, the one in Houston.

But I'm still curious, is finishing second that satisfying? Cause the Bills are the only team I know of that brags about just reaching the Superbowl.

Exascor
09-02-2005, 12:31 PM

Which is how many points your Texans will put up in a 31 - 10 loss to the Bills.That was actually a good comeback. Who cares if it's true?

gr8slayer
09-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Yes, but this the message board of my team. You know, the one I'ma fan of, the one in Houston.

But I'm still curious, is finishing second that satisfying? Cause the Bills are the only team I know of that brags about just reaching the Superbowl.
Better than finishing dead last. But you all are getting used to that too arent you.

TEXANS84
09-02-2005, 12:32 PM

You have 10 fingers? Last time I counted I have 8 fingers and two thumbs.

Thanks for shoring up your intelligence....good bye.

OzzO
I might agree with you all on all counts had I not seen the Texans play live twice this preseason. There is no intensity on the team and Carr is the most pathetic excuse of a first pick over all Ive seen in quite sometime. Now is that because the OL is just that bad or is he just that bad?

May have picked the two worse games to view of the Texans as in the other two our first team was able to drive it down the field. Agree, these last two didn't see the intensity either.... but maybe intensity is confused with focus? Regardless, agree.

Carr is the most pathetic 1st pick? Guess you gotta start from that draft to now, but right off the bat - I don't recall Carr whining to get his way and go to a different team (re: Eli).

I think it's due to getting tagged numerous times in the first 3 years and not knowing what to expect with blocking. Also, throw in quicker releases and timed routes this go around... I think it's an offense effort that is not comfortable with what it has.

gr8slayer
All smack aside.

It should be a good game.

gr8slayer
09-02-2005, 12:35 PM
May have picked the two worse games to view of the Texans as in the other two our first team was able to drive it down the field. Agree, these last two didn't see the intensity either.... but maybe intensity is confused with focus? Regardless, agree.

Carr is the most pathetic 1st pick? Guess you gotta start from that draft to now, but right off the bat - I don't recall Carr whining to get his way and go to a different team (re: Eli).

I think it's due to getting tagged numerous times in the first 3 years and not knowing what to expect with blocking. Also, throw in quicker releases and timed routes this go around... I think it's an offense effort that is not comfortable with what it has.
As a person I think Carr has been a good sport about his situation in Houston much like Bledsoe was with us for the last four years. But being a good sport (unlike Eli) doesnt matter if you arent producing on the field. Now I agree that it might not be all his fault. The OL is simply pathetic. But what has the front office done to help him out? They draft Travis Johnson instead of drafting an OL. Makes no sense to me.

WillisXPress
09-02-2005, 12:36 PM
You have 10 fingers? Last time I counted I have 8 fingers and two thumbs.

Thanks for shoring up your intelligence....good bye.

Do you know what you're doing?

You're changing the subject. You know all of what I say is true. You know that its gonna be a long year in Houston.

I understand, its scary.

but I have one ??? for you.....

WHATCHA GONNA DO, BROTHER, WHEN TKO, NATENATE, AND THE LAWYER RUN WILD ON YOU!!!!!!!!!

Errant Hothy
09-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Better than finishing dead last. But you all are getting used to that too arent you.

Wow, imagine that an expanssion team finishing last in one of the AFCs tougher divisions. But if I'm not mistaken, and I'm not, the Texans finished very much in the same spot as the Bills did, in terms of within the division.

So you enjoyed being the first loser? Damn thats a pretty crappy standard to base your life on.

William.carter
09-02-2005, 12:37 PM
refute any of that. I dare you

How many times has Loser Man been sacked in the Preseason??? 4

Your O-Line ain't so great after all huh?

How many funbles has your starting running back lost? In fact he's the only back on your team to lose a fumble in the preseason althought they have all had at least one fumble.

your longest punt or kick return of the preseason???? not even close!!!
Longest punt return allowed... almost 60 yards compared to our longest of 30. some special teams huh???

I don't know where you get all this greatness from. but on average your defense as allowed just as much yardages as ours and hasn't produced any more turnovers.

so how's that for refuting your lame claims. The Texans will settle this on the field.

Go Texans!
:texans:

wags
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9e/DoNotFeedTroll.jpg

New Rule on the Board

gr8slayer
Wow, imagine that an expanssion team finishing last in one of the AFCs tougher divisions. But if I'm not mistaken, and I'm not, the Texans finished very much in the same spot as the Bills did, in terms of within the division.

So you enjoyed being the first loser? Damn thats a pretty crappy standard to base your life on.
There is no excuse for sucking *** no matter if you are new or old. You have had five years and still done nothing. The Panthers and Jags didnt take five years to make something of themselves. Stop making excuses fool, you suck plain and simple. Untill you do something you have no room to talk.

WillisXPress
09-02-2005, 12:38 PM
How many times has Loser Man been sacked in the Preseason??? 4

Your O-Line ain't so great after all huh?

How many funbles has your starting running back lost? In fact he's the only back on your team to lose a fumble in the preseason althought they have all had at least one fumble.

your longest punt or kick return of the preseason???? not even close!!!
Longest punt return allowed... almost 60 yards compared to our longest of 30. some special teams huh???

I don't know where you get all this greatness from. but on average your defense as allowed just as much yardages as ours and hasn't produced any more turnovers.

so how's that for refuting your lame claims. The Texans will settle this on the field.

Go Texans!
:texans:

So we're using preseason stats as a barometer?

So I should expect 23.3 passer rating Carr next Sunday.

This is gonna be a long week for your Texans. I doubt they are getting much sleep.

texasguy346
09-02-2005, 12:39 PM
WHATCHA GONNA DO, BROTHER, WHEN TKO, NATENATE, AND THE LAWYER RUN WILD ON YOU!!!!!!!!!

Wow a pro wrestling fan. Guess that explains your focus on fantasy as opposed to reality.

gr8slayer
09-02-2005, 12:39 PM
So we're using preseason stats as a barometer?

So I should expect 23.3 passer rating Carr next Sunday.

This is gonna be a long week for your Texans. I doubt they are getting much sleep.
Sounds good to me.

gr8slayer
09-02-2005, 12:40 PM
Wow a pro wrestling fan. Guess that explains your focus on fantasy as opposed to reality.
While were on the subject of fantasy. What makes you think you are any better than anyone in the NFL. Your team has done less than any team in the past five years.

OzzO
09-02-2005, 12:41 PM
As a person I think Carr has been a good sport about his situation in Houston much like Bledsoe was with us for the last four years. But being a good sport (unlike Eli) doesnt matter if you arent producing on the field. Now I agree that it might not be all his fault. The OL is simply pathetic. But what has the front office done to help him out? They draft Travis Johnson instead of drafting an OL. Makes no sense to me.

True, but concerning the draft, from the multiple sources I've read - there didn't seem to be much there that was an improvement over what we already had or that it was felt that what WAS there, would not have been a correct fit. Expectation is next year's draft where we focus more on the offense side... we'll see.

As for drafting TJ, general consensus was to get younger / faster on the D-side, and he was a part of that thought.

swtbound07
09-02-2005, 12:42 PM
There is no excuse for sucking *** no matter if you are new or old. You have had five years and still done nothing. The Panthers and Jags didnt take five years to make something of themselves. Stop making excuses fool, you suck plain and simple. Untill you do something you have no room to talk.

first of all, this is the START of year 4. not 5 years in. Second of all, we didnt finish last in our division last year, so obviously someone sucks more than us (tennessee, im looking in your general direction) finally, buffalo hasnt proven anything other than that they can lose in the superbowl to anybody that happens to crawl out of the nfc east. how many wins this season does buffalo have? 0. How many does houston have? 0. were even kids, so save the smack for after sunday