PDA

View Full Version : Are the 2013 Titans a play-off team?

thunderkyss
07-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Playoff transformation realistic? (http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2013/06/26/playoff-transformation-realistic/)

The Titans will open the 2013 season with what appears to be a far more talented roster than last year, thanks to an extremely aggressive approach to free agency and a new crop of draft picks.

But just how realistic is it to expect a 6-10 team – which is what the Titans were last year – to become a playoff squad the following season?

Well, here’s what recent history reveals: In the five-year span from 2007 through 2011, a total of 12 teams finished with 6-10 records. Of those 12 teams, four (33 percent) made the playoffs the following year.

It didn’t happen at all last year, but did occur three times as recently as two seasons ago, when Houston went from 6-10 in 2010 to 10-6 and the playoffs in 2011; Detroit went from 6-10 in 2010 to 10-6 and the playoffs in 2011; and San Francisco went from 6-10 in 2010 to 13-3 and the playoffs in 2011.

thunderkyss
07-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Seems like we aren't the only ones dealing with offseason injuries that aren't going as well as we'd hope.

Missed opportunity (http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130620/SPORTS01/306200111/Tennessee-Titans-offseason-review-Faster-tempo-more-intensity)
Justin Hunter made it to the field for the final day of minicamp, but not before the rookie from Tennessee missed most of the offseason work with a hamstring injury. The absence frustrated Hunter, his position coach and the Titans, although most everyone seemed willing to chalk it up to bad luck. The Titans expect the second-round pick to be ready for the start of training camp, when we’ll find out just how much the missed practice time hurt him.

So much for chemistry
After a season of constant change on the offensive line because of injuries, the offseason didn’t exactly pan out as the Titans hoped. Veteran tackles Michael Roos and David Stewart and big-money free-agent guard Andy Levitre missed all the team drills because of lingering injuries. The revamped unit needed to develop chemistry with rookie guard Chance Warmack, but there’s still a lot of work to be done.

jaayteetx
07-07-2013, 05:16 PM
No...next question?

TheDrifter
07-07-2013, 06:04 PM
I dont see it.

Playoffs
07-07-2013, 08:24 PM
No...next question?^This.

thunderkyss
07-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Is this just hate talking?

Ten pit
Ten hou
SD ten 1
NYJ ten 2
KC ten 3
Ten Sea
Sf ten
bye
ten stl 4
jac ten 5
ind ten 6
ten oak 7
ten ind 8
ten den
ari ten 9
ten jac 10
hou ten

If they sweep the jags & the colts, then win the games against the other teams that aren't expected to do much.... that's 10 wins & a possible wildcard. Beating Pittsburg isn't out of the question, neither is beating us or the Broncos, or Seattle.

Stemp
07-07-2013, 09:00 PM

Ten pit
Ten hou
SD ten 1
NYJ ten 2
KC ten 3
Ten Sea
Sf ten
bye
ten stl 4
jac ten 5
ind ten 6
ten oak 7
ten ind 8
ten den
ari ten 9
ten jac 10
hou ten

If they sweep the jags & the colts, then win the games against the other teams that aren't expected to do much.... that's 10 wins & a possible wildcard. Beating Pittsburg isn't out of the question, neither is beating us or the Broncos, or Seattle.

I think the tacks drop both games to the colts. While the indy did lose some, they are still pretty formidable with Luck. I also think SD beats them.

Ten pit
Ten hou
SD ten
NYJ ten 1
KC ten 2
Ten Sea
Sf ten
bye
ten stl 3
jac ten 4
ind ten
ten oak 5
ten ind
ten den
ari ten 6
ten jac 7
hou ten

thunderkyss
07-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Remember, they've got a QB killah on their team now.

TheDrifter
07-08-2013, 12:02 AM

No.

Your 10 win scenario gives them every game they should win, the iffy games and at least one they shouldnt probably win (@ Ind).

They were 1-5 in the division last year, so even penciling in a sweep of the Jags is super premature.

And they beat zero teams with a winning record last year...

IDEXAN
07-08-2013, 07:30 AM
Titans Draft one of the best guards coming out of college in years and sign one of the best free agents at guard in years, so what's the sack number for JJ in Titan games this year ?

thunderkyss
07-08-2013, 11:58 AM
No.

Your 10 win scenario gives them every game they should win, the iffy games and at least one they shouldnt probably win (@ Ind).

They were 1-5 in the division last year, so even penciling in a sweep of the Jags is super premature.

And they beat zero teams with a winning record last year...

My point was that their schedule is full of teams that had as many problems as they did. They might not sweep the Colts & Jags, I know. But everybody "win some they shouldn't, lose some they shouldn't".

They beat the Steelers last year, they can probably beat them again this year. We're not unbeatable, they might beat us. Seattle didn't win 16 games last season, they might beat them.

I don't know that the Titans are a play off team. Just trying to spark some football conversation. I appreciate your post, but I'm not saying "my scenario" will play out exactly like that.

ChampionTexan
07-08-2013, 12:27 PM
My point was that their schedule is full of teams that had as many problems as they did. They might not sweep the Colts & Jags, I know. But everybody "win some they shouldn't, lose some they shouldn't".

You're posts in this thread pretty much assume the bolded is only 1/2 true.

Beer and Metal
07-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Of course they are. I bet their playing will be off all season.

drs23
07-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Of course they are. I bet their playing will be off all season.

Now that was funny right there. :D

Texecutioner
07-10-2013, 08:21 PM
You really never know, but I see a very slim chance that they would be a breakout team next year.

thunderkyss
07-10-2013, 08:27 PM
You really never know, but I see a very slim chance that they would be a breakout team next year.

Even if they make it to the play-offs, I wouldn't consider them a break out team (Bengals, one & done two years running). They've got a bunch of chumps on their schedule & even though they're chumps themselves, if they've improved just a little compared to the other chumps, they could win 10 games.

Heck, if they can stay focused for 60 minutes they could win 10 games.

I'm not rooting for them to be a play-off team, or for them to win 1 game, much less 10. It was an article I saw out in cyber-space & thought it would be nice to talk about.

I know it's the tits & I hate them, but it's hard for me to watch Munchak fail. He deserves better than that & this may very well be his last shot.

HJam72
07-11-2013, 09:00 AM
As long as Bud Adams owns them my answer is no.

HJam72
07-11-2013, 10:47 AM
You act as if the guy is Jerruh or Al Davis, he deserves more credit and respect than that

Those guys/teams have won SBs. Besides, I was half joking regarding his chances of winning.

Far as respect goes, though, I can't respect an owner that shoots the bird(s) at fans of the sport in their seats. Nor do I like it when he drafts a player (VY) who his HC doesn't want primarily in an effort to stick it to my favorite team. I will leave the politics and money issues of whether he was an @$$hat for leaving with the Oilers alone, but he's just generally someone I don't see as deserving respect. If I was older, I'd probably resent his firing of Phillips too, but I wasn't really an Oilers fan yet at the time.

Hookem Horns
07-11-2013, 12:20 PM
In the modern era of football show me were the Oilers have ever won a Vince Lombardi title??

While I agree Bud needed to be more appreciative of the fans
(never biting the hand that feeds you) you can't expect a guy
who owns oil wells and invests in other things to make nothing
more than clear profit to not look down upon those who he finds
to be beneath his stature

the same way you cant be made to understand that Bum had his chances
and a executive decision had to be made!!! as to the direction that was in
the best interest of business

Bum was out Fisher was in attendance dropped due to lack of fan interest
another executive decision had to be made? this time the decision was to
pack up the show and move to Tennessee

Maybe I am confused or misunderstanding where you are coming from. However are you on this website defending Bud Adams?

Norg
07-11-2013, 04:32 PM
every mid teir team can be a WC team pretty much

Titans
Jags
Dolphins
Bills
Bengals
Browns
Ravens
Steelers
Cheifs
Raiders
CHargers

all can be WC teams

I for one think Dolphins and Ravens are deff the front runners IMO and there ARE A COUPLE OF dARK HORSES LIKE cHEIFS AND bENGALS I think CHargers and Steelers can actually win there divison maybe

Double Barrel
07-11-2013, 04:51 PM
I'll dummy it down so you can understand it,

Maybe you should just dummy your ass over to a Titans board instead of disrespecting the owner of this one.

infantrycak
07-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Maybe you should just dummy your ass over to a Titans board instead of disrespecting the owner of this one.

Check out his posting history. He is a Cowboys fan who called us all frauds for not following the Titans.

thunderkyss
07-11-2013, 05:31 PM
I for one think Dolphins and Ravens are deff the front runners IMO and there ARE A COUPLE OF dARK HORSES LIKE cHEIFS AND bENGALS I think CHargers and Steelers can actually win there divison maybe

I think the Bengals are going to win the AFC North. They've been trending up, so has the Ravens, while the Steelers appear to be treading water. I think the Ravens may be a wild card, but Cincinnati wins the division.

NewEngland, Houston, Denver, & Cincinnati will win their division.

Ravens, KC, Miami, & Tennessee will be fighting for a WC. Pittsburgh will be playing the Ravens twice, the Bengals twice, Tennessee once, & Miami once. I don't see them making it to 10 wins & you'll need at least 10 wins for an AFC WC this year.

Norg
07-11-2013, 07:38 PM
I think the Bengals are going to win the AFC North. They've been trending up, so has the Ravens, while the Steelers appear to be treading water. I think the Ravens may be a wild card, but Cincinnati wins the division.

NewEngland, Houston, Denver, & Cincinnati will win their division.

Ravens, KC, Miami, & Tennessee will be fighting for a WC. Pittsburgh will be playing the Ravens twice, the Bengals twice, Tennessee once, & Miami once. I don't see them making it to 10 wins & you'll need at least 10 wins for an AFC WC this year.

TBO this could be a weird year for the AFC powerhouses WHat if the Pats FINALLLYYYY have a flop season and Denver has well If peyton gets injured or even regress 2nd year Alla Mike Vick his 2nd year in philly then WOW the Texans will be alone at the top of the AFC facing the teams that will fill that void the hot young teams like MIami and Cincy

at this point im kinda more afraid of the WC teams and dark horses more then Denver or NE

pirbroke
07-11-2013, 07:41 PM
The answer is no, I have cursed the titans and it shall not be lifted until the passing of Bud Adams. Yes that's right, and you just read this on the Internet so it must be true. Sorry Tennessee fans, no apologies to the Houston fans that still follow that team, :-)

dc_txtech
07-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Still butt hurt over that infant? I figured that could all be washed up under the bridge by now...I mean after all the last thing we want is world war 3 going on
in here am I correct?

Man, I thought Thorn was old and crotchety.

dc_txtech
07-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Not to railroad the conversation here...but I thought the whole issues of the past were over said and done with? water under the bridge, but I guess some can't get over the
past and are still hurt by it

sad

I never thought
that I would see someone defend. Turd Adams
water under, the bridge
can
sometimes rise....
back above the bridge?

I like this guy because I read all his posts in the voice of William Shatner.

dc_txtech
07-11-2013, 10:43 PM
This is how wars begin when people twist words, so I am going to remain as calm as I can while I explain this.

On Bud Adams I was merely complimenting his ability to not want to interfere with the day to day aspects of the team...unlike a Jerruh Jones who is meddlesome right down
to the very core of his being

however just because he does the right thing when it comes to the day to day aspects does not mean he is right in treating fans like trash

lastly

the other part of comment was to infant who brought up what I said in the past, that is the past I am refering too that I thought was buried dead and gone

Infantry is, too far above this
thread
to post further rebuttals...to... a... William Shatner
Sounding, type of guy.
I......am not

Nobody is mad
just, you, sound like a fraud, a.... trickster.. or troll

Texecutioner
07-11-2013, 11:14 PM
You act as if the guy is Jerruh or Al Davis, he deserves more credit and respect than that

Credit:Yes
Respect: No

toronto
07-12-2013, 12:13 AM
As one of the resident Titan fans here, I'll say it. No.

I'm not a believer in Munchak AT ALL and we all know very well that teams that win in March/April don't translate that well into winners in the fall (see 2012 "Dream Team" for exhibit A).

The effort to improve the roster is absolutely there and they are a better team, but I simply will have to see it on the field, because right now I still consider the coaching staff one of the worst in the league...

And further to that, the Titans have a huge question mark at QB. Locker needs to show a ton this upcoming season that he was worth a top 10 pick and not the bad reach I thought he was.

Hookem Horns
07-12-2013, 12:15 AM
On Bud Adams I was merely complimenting his ability to not want to interfere with the day to day aspects of the team...

You are talking about the same guy who forced his coaching staff to draft Vince Young against their will only because he wanted to get back at the city of Houston. See where that got him, his team and everyone else involved.

He set his franchise back who knows how many years and thanks to that idiotic decision he personally will never see his team in the playoffs again on this side of the dirt.

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to Bud Adams.

toronto
07-12-2013, 12:47 AM
On Bud Adams I was merely complimenting his ability to not want to interfere with the day to day aspects of the team

You couldn't be further to the truth. He went behind management and tried to shove Peyton Manning down their throats (after drafting Locker 8th overall) and also overruling staff on Vince Young.

I can keep going but that should suffice. I had no idea that an owner that hasn't won a title since 1961 had so much respect...and this is coming from a fan of the franchise.

ObsiWan
07-12-2013, 01:56 AM
the Titans have a huge question mark at QB. Locker needs to show a ton this upcoming season that he was worth a top 10 pick and not the bad reach I thought he was.

ding! ding! ding! ding! ding! ding!

We have a winner.

Jake Locker must take mega steps forward to become a playoff caliber QB. I could be selling him short but I just do not see it.

Norg
07-12-2013, 05:04 AM
and the Texans don't have any question on our QB matty I think we pretty much know all about him bye now

TEXANRED
07-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Remember, they've got a QB killah on their team now.

and his name is Jake Locker.

HOU-TEX
07-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Coming on a Houston Texans board which has many old school Oilers fans telling them that Adams deserves credit and respect...priceless

I've give him as much respect as the lint that might fall from my balls. Which is probably about as much as you get as this point

G'day

HJam72
07-12-2013, 10:24 AM
In the modern era of football show me were the Oilers have ever won a Vince Lombardi title??

While I agree Bud needed to be more appreciative of the fans
(never biting the hand that feeds you) you can't expect a guy
who owns oil wells and invests in other things to make nothing
more than clear profit to not look down upon those who he finds
to be beneath his stature

the same way you cant be made to understand that Bum had his chances
and a executive decision had to be made!!! as to the direction that was in
the best interest of business

Bum was out Fisher was in attendance dropped due to lack of fan interest
another executive decision had to be made? this time the decision was to
pack up the show and move to Tennessee

I think everything else has already been answered by others, so I'll just reply to the first part I put in red. They never have, which was exactly my point. Raiders & Cowboys, whom you mentioned, have won it all &, if you look at it from the long-term perspective, which we presumably are, it shows that Bud Adams is just not a winner in the realm of the NFL.

We know that McNair hasn't done it yet either, but he's relatively new and working on it.

Blake
07-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Its an unpredictable question. But I think the answer is no, simply due to the fact that the Texans are really good right now, and the Colts and Jags can put up a fight, with Luck and Henne respectively. They would have to have an amazing out of conference record. And with the AFC being as competitive as it is it would be tough.

Thorn
07-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Man, I thought Thorn was old and crotchety.

:lol:

I got nothing against Titan fans or their team, other than they are a division rival. Hell, I post some at TitansTailgate.com, which is Toronto's place. It's got some nice folks there.

But as to Bud Adams, that piece of **** can kiss my ass in hell. He is the very definition of an a$$hole.

Hookem Horns
07-14-2013, 09:09 AM
Why in the Hell would he sabotage his own team to get back at the city of
Houston??? that makes no sense what so ever!!! I mean I can see if it were
done out of egotistical stupidity but to get back at Houston?

not buying it

You are not too dialed in I see. I wouldn't say Bud Adams drafted Vince to intentionally sabotage his team. He demanded his staff draft him because he knew how many fans in Houston wanted Vince drafted by the Texans and the fact that former mayor Lanier's wife was on the radio clamoring for the Texans to draft him.

The first thing Bud did after the draft was fly Vince to Houston and paraded him all around town. Notice he didn't take him around Nashville.

Bud's arrogance and stupidity in trying to get back at Houston backfired in his fat face and set his team back who knows how many seasons because of the dominio effect this had.

Hookem Horns
07-16-2013, 09:29 AM
sadly that is the price fans pay for egotistical owners who grow way to powerful
for their own good Dallas fans are feeling that right now as we speak just ask any
of them

Agree, Houston fans dealt with that for years and the Cowboy fans are pretty much screwed until Jerry "kicks off".

Playoffs
07-16-2013, 09:41 AM
You are not too dialed in I see...:lol:

DBCooper
07-16-2013, 09:43 AM
I never thought
that I would see someone defend. Turd Adams
water under, the bridge
can
sometimes rise....
back above the bridge?

I like this guy because I read all his posts in the voice of William Shatner.

That works well.

Also try to throw in a little Mr. Burns for effect.

Double Barrel
07-16-2013, 12:21 PM
You are talking about the same guy who forced his coaching staff to draft Vince Young against their will only because he wanted to get back at the city of Houston. See where that got him, his team and everyone else involved.

He set his franchise back who knows how many years and thanks to that idiotic decision he personally will never see his team in the playoffs again on this side of the dirt.

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to Bud Adams.

He has no clue because he is simply ignorant of the subject.

Perhaps he will take the time to educate himself about it.

Here is a good place to start:

Loser Takes All: Bud Adams, Bad Football, & Big Business - by Ed Fowler (http://www.amazon.com/Loser-Takes-All-Football-Business/dp/1563524325/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1373991343&sr=1-2&keywords=houston+oilers)

Oiler Blues: The Story of Pro Football's Most Frustrating Team - by John Pirkle (http://www.amazon.com/Oiler-Blues-Story-Footballs-Frustrating/dp/1891422006/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1373991603&sr=1-5&keywords=houston+oilers)

Fred
07-16-2013, 02:32 PM
Kinda hard to be ignorant of something when Dallas fans are facing the same thing
right now dude
?????? Seriously ?????? DB was trying to be nice to you. As you would say, let me dummy it down for you. He was not saying that you were ignorant of the concept of meddlesome owners, he was saying you are ignorant about Bud Adams. And he is correct because he was referring to the incredibly ignorant, vile, stupid, offensive post:

Al Gore never would have invented the internet if he thought something that disgusting would appear on it. My advice - man up and admit "yeah that was ignorant".

DBCooper
07-16-2013, 04:47 PM
I think the problem here is you still harbor the grudge of what he did back in 99 moving
the Oiler's to a new state, got a new stadium deal out of it, not to mention that his
Oiler's were 1 inch away from beating the Rams in the Super Bowl and claiming theirNFL
first Lombardi in franchise history

leaving you to wallow in misery with nobody to rout for until the NFL bailed you out
in 2002 restoring a Houston team back into the NFL.

So let me ask you, don't you think it's time to let it go? he did what he did and nothing
will change that!! be happy the NFL gave you back a franchise and build off that
instead of harboring hate towards a guy who really does not care bout you

Tell ya what........

let Jerry take the Cowboys to LA and change their name to the PornStars and you can come back and tell us how it feels to lose a team you love.

Double Barrel
07-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Thanks, Fred! You hit the nail on the head. Well said.

I think the problem here is you still harbor the grudge of what he did back in 99

grudge (http://www.google.com/search?q=grudge+definition&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7MXGB_enUS531) - A persistent feeling of ill will or resentment resulting from a past insult or injury

You say "grudge" like it's a bad thing.

And it was '96, not '99.

moving
the Oiler's to a new state

Destroying the Oilers name forever, dude. The Oilers do not exist anymore.

got a new stadium deal out of it

So? He would have eventually got one in Houston if he had been patient about it.

The only two things I respect about the dude is his service to our country and his honesty when he said moving the Oilers was his biggest mistake in life. He was duped by Drayton McClain, and Bud realized it after the fact.

not to mention that his
Oiler's were 1 inch away from beating the Rams in the Super Bowl and claiming theirNFL

Titans. Not Oilers. Remember the Titans.

And they were about a foot away from TYING the game, not winning it.

leaving you to wallow in misery with nobody to rout for until the NFL bailed you out

Most people said good riddance and felt it was only a matter of time before the NFL brought another franchise to the nation's FOURTH LARGEST CITY.

It business, man, and anyone that understands economics and the NFL knows that they would not keep a franchise out of a big city that wanted one.

So let me ask you, don't you think it's time to let it go?

I think it's time that YOU let it go.

he did what he did and nothing
will change that!!

Nobody is arguing otherwise, so no need to shout it out.

be happy the NFL gave you back a franchise and build off that

I feel confident that 11 consecutive years of sellouts at Reliant reveals that Houston football fans have moved on and embraced our current franchise.

Oh, he cares. He still has a home here and still has businesses in the city.

There are reasons why he paraded Vince Young in front of Houston before he delivered him to Tennessee. The old bastard still cares and most likely hates visiting Reliant when he knows in his heart that it could have been his.

Fred
07-16-2013, 11:10 PM
I think the problem here is you still harbor the grudge of what he did back in 99 moving
the Oiler's to a new state, got a new stadium deal out of it, not to mention that his

So let me ask you, don't you think it's time to let it go? he did what he did and nothing
will change that!! be happy the NFL gave you back a franchise and build off that

Good grief. Probably the second most ignorant post in the history of the internet. I am not going to waste my time going through this entire pile of puke so I will stick to the "harbor the grudge because he left - time to get over it" nonsense.

I am sure many in Houston (rightfully) harbor a grudge because Bud ran off to Possum Holler. I don't because I already knew that he was a vile, stupid, putrid, ugly POS all the time. I was never able to be 100% behind the Oilers because I knew they were owned by Bud Adams. And to a large extent Owner = Team so since you are a Cowboys supporter you ARE a Jerry supporter. I was just as happy to see the turd leave because not having a team is better than having him in town and when we got a new team the new owner would have to be an improvement. A huge improvement as it turns out.

As to the idiotic concept of "time to get over it" - no one wastes any time thinking about Bud day to day. Unless some deranged person says something insane like "he deserves respect". It doesn't matter how long it has been - Vlad the Impaler, Jack the Ripper, Bud Adams, Joseph Stalin, Pol Pot, Idi Amin - they all still suck. It some goof posts "gotta respect that Pol Pot" - no I don't. Pol Pot was an evil POS and it doesn't mean I am carrying a grudge and I don't need to get over it; the truth is still the truth and I will not start lying to make you feel better.

I am tempted to give some more unsolicited advice, but you didn't have enough sense to follow my previous advice so no more pearls before swine.

TEXANRED
07-16-2013, 11:24 PM
Hell no the Titan's aren't a playoff team. They don't have a defense, an offense, and Munchack makes Kubiak look look like Bill Belichick and Locker makes Schaub look like Brady.

Best teams in the AFC are as follows:

Texans
Broncos
Patriots
Steelers
Bengals
Chargers

steelbtexan
07-16-2013, 11:25 PM
They've fixed the OL and have added weapons on offense. If Locker can stay healthy and progress in his 2nd yr as a starter, then yes they can.

In short the Tacks will miss the playoffs again, because Locker will fail at the above.

TEXANRED
07-16-2013, 11:31 PM
They've fixed the OL and have added weapons on offense. If Locker can stay healthy and progress in his 2nd yr as a starter, then yes they can.

In short the Tacks will miss the playoffs again, because Locker will fail at the above.

How did they fix the OLine? They have a rookie, a FA, and the same scrubs from last year. No WR's, a QB that is really a back up, a diva for a RB that had 1 good year and no defense.

The flaming meatballs are way over-rated.

b0ng
07-17-2013, 12:31 PM

Their interior OL was bad but their major bugaboo last year was coming into games looking completely unprepared. I loved watching Mike Munchak play for the Oilers, I loved watching him in pro bowls and I loved watching his HOF induction speech. I did not love watching him coach great O-lines in Tennessee, but, as soon as he was named HC after Fisher was dumped, he looked like he was way way way over his head.

It kind of reminds me of Kubiak in his first few years, with the team coming out flat all the time and losing games in the first 2 quarters of play. The Titans did that **** all last year and there was nothing you could really pin the losses on from one game to the next. One game, Locker would be ****ting the ball to the other team (or getting injured). The next game their defense would get carved up something fierce, the next game it'd be back to the offense only this time it's Chris Johnson hardly getting any yards.

The Titans spent an assload of money in FA this year (Which is pretty un-Bud-like. He was/is never the guy who pays the most for a coveted FA), and they picked up guys like Andy Levitre (Bills Guard, really good player), Delanie Walker (Decent TE from SF), and Bernard Pollard. Unfortunately, they are still coached by Munchak, and as near as I can tell he hasn't reached out to any other offensive minded coaches. They did pick up Gregg Williams to be an assistant DC (To Jerry Grey, who sucks sucks sucks), but the Titans aren't really bristling with talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Personally, I don't think they end up with a better record than either the Colts or the Texans in the division, and I have a hard time putting them ahead of any possible WC teams in the AFC (For what it's worth I think the Dolphins have a much better chance of getting to the playoffs).

thunderkyss
07-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Personally, I don't think they end up with a better record than either the Colts or the Texans in the division, and I have a hard time putting them ahead of any possible WC teams in the AFC (For what it's worth I think the Dolphins have a much better chance of getting to the playoffs).

I think the Bengals will win the north, Ravens, Chiefs, & Dolphins will be fighting for the WC.

b0ng
07-17-2013, 12:56 PM
I think the Bengals will win the north, Ravens, Chiefs, & Dolphins will be fighting for the WC.

Probably throw San Diego in there as well as Pittsburgh for the WC fight. Not quite as high on the Chiefs since I'm not that much of an Alex Smith fan.

thunderkyss
09-15-2013, 08:19 PM

Ten pit
Ten hou
SD ten 1
NYJ ten 2
KC ten 3
Ten Sea
Sf ten
bye
ten stl 4
jac ten 5
ind ten 6
ten oak 7
ten ind 8
ten den
ari ten 9
ten jac 10
hou ten

I thought they were going to start 0-2. They got over on PIT... damn near had us. I'm interested in seeing their defense go against San Diego's offense.

Thorn
09-16-2013, 10:14 PM
We've played two weeks out of the season, there are 14 more games each to go around. You guys have been following the NFL long enough to know anything can happen.

DBCooper
09-29-2013, 11:20 PM
Titans D looked great today.

Gregg Williams has them playing hard.

toronto
09-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Titans D looked great today.

Gregg Williams has them playing hard.

Losing Locker is a blow. Team was coming together...KC, Sea, SF up on deck, going to be tough. Defense probably one of most underdiscussed and unappreciated. They destroyed the Jets oline, was stunning to watch.

b0ng
09-30-2013, 02:49 PM
Losing Locker is a blow. Team was coming together...KC, Sea, SF up on deck, going to be tough. Defense probably one of most underdiscussed and unappreciated. They destroyed the Jets oline, was stunning to watch.

I don't think Fitzpatrick is going to be as much of a downgrade as you might think.

DBCooper
09-30-2013, 02:54 PM
I don't think Fitzpatrick is going to be as much of a downgrade as you might think.

That's what I was thinking.

He looked good too yesterday.

Thorn
09-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Titans are ahead of us in the standings now. :smiliepalm:

HOU-TEX
09-30-2013, 03:08 PM
How long can they go without a TO? I think they're much better than last season, but I think the offense is still a potential weakness.